PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon VGC Winter Games

TR_Jessie
1st December 2009, 2:10 AM
Welcome to the Pokemon VGC Winter Games Tournament!!!

Introduction
Last summer, Pokemon video game tournament for the games Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl were held in across America, Japan, and in several European countries.

There were a few problems with the new tournament--the biggest being the selection process. Back then, many people would travel many miles to get to the tournament, only to find out that they weren't randomly selected to in the tournament. I was one of those people.

To that end, I created an authentic pokemon tournament over Wi-Fi that used the VGC rules with about two differences for the people that didn't get in. When it was over, a participant in the tournament suggested the "VGC Winter Games," thus, this thread was born.

Rules and Requirements
The rules of the VGC Winter Games Tournament will be the new ones that will be utilized in the upcoming official 2010 Pokemon tournament next year.
The rules can be found at: this site (http://www.phpbbplanet.com/skarmblisscom/viewtopic.php?t=237&mforum=skarmblisscom)

The battles will be double battles in which each player uses 4 Pokemon.
***You need to leave your friend code, in-game name and list of Pokemon you will use. (just the pokemon, not the moves or items or anything else.) Please try to put them in the icon form like this one: ;058;. It makes it a lot easier for me. :)

You may also change your pokemon as many times as necessary until the day before the tournament (meaning that you can't change them the day of the tournament)

Competitors

The following are listed in this order: Serebiiforums Username, In-Game name, Friend Code, Pokemon on the team.

1.TR_Jessie--------------BRIANNA--------5112 9302 8123--;359; ;230; ;382; ;392; ;272; ;468;
2. SP-Eevee-------------Rachel-----------2750 9583 0185--;250; ;384; ;145; ;212; ;482; ;461;

CONGRATULATIONS, SP-Eevee FOR WINNING!!!!

Closing
***The Tournament will take place via Wi-Fi December 20th at 4:00 Pm Eastern time.

First place winner will get a:

Mew
Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31
L5 UT
which will be provided by mattj.

Second place will get a docile shiny Rhyhorn provide by golden charizard.

I hope I can get more people to enter this year and have this more of a success, so don't hesitate to ask for entry. You can choose to drop out and/or rejoin at any time unless it is the day before the tournament.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please either post them here or PM me (TR_Jessie) about them.

I wish you all luck in building your teams and with your battles in the tournament, as this should be a great warm-up for the real thing!

BadIntent
3rd December 2009, 8:54 AM
Yep, you have more credibility running tournaments than me so I'm glad you started this. You know I'm in. If it starts around winter break, that's perfect with me.

BadIntent----Malice---------0087 8724 2518----;378; ;383; ;461; ;145; ;483; ;248;

EDIT: Oh, and I think the rounds should be best of 3. Like they did at Worlds. Because I would hate to get so hyped for this and then get haxxed in round 1 and get an early exit.

James Bondage
3rd December 2009, 2:31 PM
Since my DS broke last time after I signed up...

Username: ---- jeyre80 ---- In-Game Name: DAWN ---- F.C. @ Platinum:4855-4426-4906 ---- F.C. @ PBR: 5370-6809-5595
---- Team: Coming Soon

Also, I think the end of December would be a better start time. People will still be out of schoo; for winter break, so battles would probably get done a little faster.

TR_Jessie
3rd December 2009, 11:17 PM
Added BadInent and jeyre80. Nice to have you guys back. :D

golden_charizard
4th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Hey, I will join was well again this time^^ with a whole new team.

IGN: Elec
FC: 5456 6597 5635
Team: ;382; ;230; ;134; ;272; ;260; ;437;

greysong
4th December 2009, 12:45 AM
I'm back!

IGN: GREYSON

FC: 0173-8256-4720

Pokemon: Infernape-Garchomp-Dusknoir-Suicune-Scizor-Ludicolo

mattj
4th December 2009, 12:56 AM
I would like to be in, but I need to get an FC for my HG cart. :)

golden_charizard
4th December 2009, 3:54 AM
Actually, change of team: Persian, Togekiss, Dusknoir, Flygon, Infernape and Rayquaza

greysong
4th December 2009, 3:55 AM
Maybe we should do a couple of Swiss rounds first, and then the top players should do best 2 out of 3 battles.

BadIntent
4th December 2009, 4:07 AM
Maybe we should do a couple of Swiss rounds first, and then the top players should do best 2 out of 3 battles.

^ That idea seems pr0 to me. Better than mine.

BGP_
4th December 2009, 3:27 PM
Bestgamepearl, Andrew, 1032-8056-6824
not exactly sure of team yet.

SP-Eevee
4th December 2009, 6:39 PM
I'm in for sure~!
SP-Eevee, Rachel (not my RL name however), Code: 2750-9583-0185
Team: Pending

godudette
4th December 2009, 11:42 PM
I'll give it a shot. =) Mattj recommend it to me. But I won't be home January 1-4 (I do believe), so if that is when the tournament is scheduled, I'll have to drop out.

godudette--Lena--2536 3083 9995-- Team Pending.

TR_Jessie
5th December 2009, 2:34 AM
All of you have been added.

But can you all do me a favour? When you make changes or sign up to the tournament, please put your pokemon in icon form like this one: ;058;.
It makes it so much easier for me; plus, it looks better. :D

Anyway, I think I'll make them two-out-of-three matches. I don't really want to, but I will. (If you win the first two matches, you don't have to play a third one by the way.)

But, just to go against the 2 out of 3 thing, you guys know that sometimes, a person's strategy could very well rely on surprise? (Well, mine doesn't really. Just saying ;))

T.W.I.
5th December 2009, 2:39 AM
Sign me up. Team and FC in the sig

VVVV

TR_Jessie
5th December 2009, 2:52 AM
Sign me up. Team and FC in the sig

VVVV

You're in. Wow! Only seven spots left. This thing filled up really quickly! :D

BadIntent
5th December 2009, 3:56 AM
Anyway, I think I'll make them two-out-of-three matches. I don't really want to, but I will. (If you win the first two matches, you don't have to play a third one by the way.)

But, just to go against the 2 out of 3 thing, you guys know that sometimes, a person's strategy could very well rely on surprise? (Well, mine doesn't really. Just saying ;))

I totally agree. Can't speak for the others entrants, but I'm not running my main team, because people will catch on to the strategy. But you know, there's not all that much surprise when you have to list all 6 Pokemon anyway xD

T.W.I.
5th December 2009, 5:45 AM
I'm actually quite fine with just the 1st battle. That is how PBR works and that is how I do almosta all my battling (hence why I like official tournament rules). In all honesty, a 2nd round more or less takes away the surprise factor in some strategies. I have hosted/participated in tourneys before, and round robin, where everyone battles everyone for points, seems to work VERY well. After each battle you are awarded points for A - doing the battle and B - how many pokemon you have remaining.

Mosquitox216
5th December 2009, 6:37 AM
Well, I'd like to try this this tournament. Haven't been on Serebii for a while, but I thank BadIntent for telling me about this!

Username: Mosquitox216
In-game name: Sakuya
FC: 1977 6031 4876
Team: To be announced

Another thing - about our teams; can we switch around pokemon (while maintaining species)? Because some people might want to switch around different pkoemon of the same species, especially the ubers (ex. A person might use a Physical Rayquaza one match, and then a Mixed Rayquaza another match).

xVashTSx98
5th December 2009, 8:46 AM
I can't believe somebody took "VashTheStampede" as their username! WTF

This should be fun, I'll try and get some of my m8s to sign up. I'll have a DS soon, so no problem. Or I'll borrow one. Which means I'll likely be using my 09 Worlds Team or something like it... meh.

BTW, you do know that you don't get to see the opponents team AT ALL unless you are in the Finals, right? I believe they should not be posted, but sent to the Tournament Organizer in a PM, but that's just my 2 cents.

I'll add in a team when I can get one sorted, as well as a FC and such.

VashTS out.

Rocky Balboa Owns
5th December 2009, 3:01 PM
Can I join? That sounds pretty fun. My
FC: (most likely) 1548-0581-2265

I think I'm using Pearl but I may change.

And I forgot to say... I don't know my team yet... TBA there

Archangel
5th December 2009, 11:44 PM
I wasn't aware that only 2 tournaments could be up and running at a time when I approved this so I am moving this to the leagues section as I don't feel it would be fair to close this because of my screw up. Good luck with this.

TR_Jessie
7th December 2009, 1:38 AM
Added calum and Rocky Balboa Owns.

Update: Tournament will take place on either the Saturday, Sunday, Monday (or maybe Tuesday) before Christmas.

Update 2: 1 battle. End of discussion.

shadowsfalling19
8th December 2009, 12:51 AM
Im in.... ;461; ;245; ;289; ;484; ;213;
ign: Erik fc in sig

Supamangoman
8th December 2009, 4:18 AM
I'll join too, this'll be fun.

Acorn - 0818 2963 5890
Team: TBA

TR_Jessie
8th December 2009, 4:58 AM
One spot left!

T.W.I.
8th December 2009, 11:33 AM
I will be updating my team as follows

;445; ;130; ;230; ;277; ;373; ;131;

TR_Jessie
8th December 2009, 11:49 PM
I will be updating my team as follows

;445; ;130; ;230; ;277; ;373; ;131;

Ok. It has been updated.

To all of you who haven't given me your team/number/IGN, I need you all to do so, please. :)

godudette
9th December 2009, 3:04 AM
Hmm... I'm thinking I'm gonna have to drop out of the competition. Having team difficulties. Good luck to all the competitors!

TR_Jessie
9th December 2009, 4:08 AM
Hmm... I'm thinking I'm gonna have to drop out of the competition. Having team difficulties. Good luck to all the competitors!

Are you sure? I'm going to take you off the list for now, but you are welcome to come back if you want to. :D

godudette
9th December 2009, 1:46 PM
Are you sure? I'm going to take you off the list for now, but you are welcome to come back if you want to. :D

If I can get my team fixed up in time I'll definitely come back- I'm just pressed for time with college finals, lulz.

xVashTSx98
9th December 2009, 9:56 PM
Ingame name is VashTS, btw. :)

So when is this supposed to start, anyway? I may have just overlooked it by accident, but I can not seem to find a date. Is that TBA after all 16 slots are full?

xVashTSx98
9th December 2009, 9:57 PM
Damn it, delete this please.

TR_Jessie
9th December 2009, 11:10 PM
Ingame name is VashTS, btw. :)

So when is this supposed to start, anyway? I may have just overlooked it by accident, but I can not seem to find a date. Is that TBA after all 16 slots are full?

Sorry about that. ^^'

I was thinking that it would take place the weekend/Monday before Christmas.
I didn't know which day was the best day out of those three.

pastel
10th December 2009, 2:56 AM
well:
Andres
Ill give u my team later, its suffering big, big changes...

Daelan
10th December 2009, 3:16 AM
In case a spot opens, I'd like to sign up.

Daelan---Steve---0088 0025 4379--- Team is under construction, I'll update it if I get in. :)

TR_Jessie
10th December 2009, 4:28 AM
well:
Andres
Ill give u my team later, its suffering big, big changes...
Ok. I've added you. Good luck. :)

In case a spot opens, I'd like to sign up.

Daelan---Steve---0088 0025 4379--- Team is under construction, I'll update it if I get in. :)

I will put you on a replacement list.

Ksi
10th December 2009, 11:23 PM
Ksi is my name, and I would like to join.

FC is 3309 4310 0883. My team will be revealed as soon as it is set up and ready. I am still working out some kinks.

mattj
11th December 2009, 12:14 AM
??? I thought I was in? Not that it's a big deal, but is there still room for a sub?

TR_Jessie
11th December 2009, 12:30 AM
??? I thought I was in? Not that it's a big deal, but is there still room for a sub?

You bet!

Um, I beat you already, so I don't know if you qualify. ;)

BadIntent
11th December 2009, 5:58 AM
Wait, hold on. Matt was like the 7th poster, so he should get priority over everyone who signed up after him. Just sayin ._.

mattj
11th December 2009, 6:24 AM
Trust me, it's no big deal. If this is anything like last time 5 or so people will drop. :P

Hey, just throwing it out there, but what about this for a "prize"...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/151.png
Mew
Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31
L5 UT

Mews are pretty rare and popular, and I know this one's 106% legit cuz I RNG'd it myself in my Japanese HG Cart just this week. You could decide which places (1st, 2nd, etc) get it, but BI, Greyson, and SP Eevee are excluded (they can get it from me anytime xP)

Just let me know. :)

TR_Jessie
12th December 2009, 1:54 AM
Wait, hold on. Matt was like the 7th poster, so he should get priority over everyone who signed up after him. Just sayin ._.

He was the 7th poster? Oh, crud. I must have missed him somehow! I'm so sorry, Matt! ^^'

I'll fix that right away.

So sorry.

EDIT: Tournament will be on December 19th. I'm thinking about having it at 3:00 eastern time, if that's ok with everyone.
Oh, and I like that prize. If you are willing to provide it, then I will make it the 1st place winner's prize. :D

mattj
12th December 2009, 8:08 AM
He was the 7th poster? Oh, crud. I must have missed him somehow! I'm so sorry, Matt! ^^'

I'll fix that right away.

So sorry.

EDIT: Tournament will be on December 19th. I'm thinking about having it at 3:00 eastern time, if that's ok with everyone.
Oh, and I like that prize. If you are willing to provide it, then I will make it the 1st place winner's prize. :D

Sounds good to me. :) Mew is fun! Just scarf it and spam metronomes for lulz! xD

greysong
12th December 2009, 9:38 AM
Man I'm up late. :/ lol Anyway, I would like you to take my whole team out please. It's currently under construction.

shadowsfalling19
12th December 2009, 6:00 PM
Hey,im going to withdraw my challenge...

TR_Jessie
12th December 2009, 6:33 PM
Man I'm up late. :/ lol Anyway, I would like you to take my whole team out please. It's currently under construction.
Ok, will do.

Hey,im going to withdraw my challenge...

Ok. I'll take you off the list now.

greysong
13th December 2009, 7:00 AM
Is this tournament going to be like the last one, like you give a couple days to do each round? Because I'll be gone on the 19th. I'll be having a forensics tournament that day. :D

T.W.I.
13th December 2009, 11:05 AM
Im gonna pester and ask my team to be taken down. Im working on a new one for this tourney and reveal it once its complete. Will post the updated team on the 18th or 17th.

BadIntent
13th December 2009, 1:58 PM
Since it's so close to the battle date, I don't suggest we do this, but next time we have a tournament this is what I suggest:

We pick a day/time to battle. We all get on a chat (SPP Wi-Fi chat cause no advertising). Then while we're all in the same chat, at the same time, we finish all 5-6 rounds. Do you know how incredibly easy and efficient that would be? I've personally been doing VGC tournaments like that on Smogon for the past couple months so I know it works.

James Bondage
13th December 2009, 4:53 PM
Time to list my squad...I think it's ready to go...

;437; ;080; ;248; ;376; ;249; ;487;

greysong
13th December 2009, 6:31 PM
Since it's so close to the battle date, I don't suggest we do this, but next time we have a tournament this is what I suggest:

We pick a day/time to battle. We all get on a chat (SPP Wi-Fi chat cause no advertising). Then while we're all in the same chat, at the same time, we finish all 5-6 rounds. Do you know how incredibly easy and efficient that would be? I've personally been doing VGC tournaments like that on Smogon for the past couple months so I know it works.

Yeah, but what about those who want to join the tourney but can't do the chat? I wanted to join some tournaments on smogon, but I can't because it's on chat. :/

BadIntent
13th December 2009, 7:13 PM
Well the SPP Chat is available to everyone. Just go on Serebii.net and click Wi-Fi chat on the left column. No downloads or anything.

TR_Jessie
13th December 2009, 9:37 PM
Is this tournament going to be like the last one, like you give a couple days to do each round? Because I'll be gone on the 19th. I'll be having a forensics tournament that day. :D
Um.... I was thinking that it could be done all in one day, but.... is that tournament that you have just a one-day thing?
I mean, maybe we could do half the tournament on th 19th, and the other on the 20th...

Im gonna pester and ask my team to be taken down. Im working on a new one for this tourney and reveal it once its complete. Will post the updated team on the 18th or 17th.
Ok. That's totally fine. lol

Um.... I don't really know about that. I realize that this tournament could have been planned a lot better, but I'm not sure how to do that. You'd have to teach me. :)

Time to list my squad...I think it's ready to go...

;437; ;080; ;248; ;376; ;249; ;487;

Updated. Thank you SO much for being one of the few people who have a team posted. I'm getting a little worried about all the other teams....
I realize that I haven't got a team posted, yet, but that's only because I can't decide between two Pokemon; they are all trained and ready, though.

AllenApple
13th December 2009, 10:35 PM
Ok I'd like to register.
IGN: Allen
My Pearl FC: 2664-7434-4786
Team: Empoleon, Charizard, Pikachu, Sceptile, Kabutops, Feraligator

greysong
14th December 2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah, it's a one day tournament, and it's me and my partner's first performance this season. :D

TR_Jessie
15th December 2009, 1:37 AM
Ok I'd like to register.
IGN: Allen
My Pearl FC: 2664-7434-4786
Team: Empoleon, Charizard, Pikachu, Sceptile, Kabutops, Feraligator

Thank you. I will add you.

Yeah, it's a one day tournament, and it's me and my partner's first performance this season.
Well, maybe I can make it on the 20th instead or something.

greysong
15th December 2009, 2:12 AM
Oh thank you so much! :)

James Bondage
15th December 2009, 7:40 AM
Updated. Thank you SO much for being one of the few people who have a team posted. I'm getting a little worried about all the other teams....
I realize that I haven't got a team posted, yet, but that's only because I can't decide between two Pokemon; they are all trained and ready, though.

No problem. I knew that would be the team I was using...I just needed to EV train one before the start of the tourney, and I wanted to know for sure it was complete.

Also, since I am uing a Poke that can have two different formes, can those formes be switched in between rounds. The poke does have the same Dex number under either forme, and I couldn't find a ruling in the link you posted in the OP.

If I can only use one of the formes though, I will be using Giratina-O.

BadIntent
15th December 2009, 6:13 PM
Please Remove my ;378; and add ;235;
I just realized the Smeargle level issues aren't a problem since we're doing Lv. 50 All.

TR_Jessie
16th December 2009, 12:40 AM
No problem. I knew that would be the team I was using...I just needed to EV train one before the start of the tourney, and I wanted to know for sure it was complete.

Also, since I am uing a Poke that can have two different formes, can those formes be switched in between rounds. The poke does have the same Dex number under either forme, and I couldn't find a ruling in the link you posted in the OP.

If I can only use one of the formes though, I will be using Giratina-O.
Um, I would like for you to stick to one pokemon forme, please. Sorry that that was unclear.

Please Remove my ;378; and add ;235;
I just realized the Smeargle level issues aren't a problem since we're doing Lv. 50 All.

Yup, ok. Will do.

Mosquitox216
16th December 2009, 1:12 AM
Hey TR_Jessie, I've finally got my team!

In numerical order:

;143; ;150; ;250; ;272; ;392; ;482;

By the way, I have a suggestion for the tournament. It should be split into two parts - one will take places on the 18th and 19th, and one will take place on the 20th. Since we have 16 players, this can evenly be divided by 4. So...

Stage 1 - Preliminaries (Dec. 18 & 19)
Each of the 16 players will be split into 4 pools. Each pool will have 4 players in each. Each player will then (over the course of 2 days to allow for time problems) have to play round-robin matches against their opponents. Whomever gets the most wins in their pool moves to stage 2. The players should be done with their matches by midnight of the second day.

Stage 2 - Semifinals & Finals (Dec. 20)
With 1 player coming from each of the pools, that would leave 4 players in the finals. The 4 remaining players should play single elimination, best-two-of-three matches. The two winners in the semifinals move up to the finals, and best-two-of-three again. The winner of those two will be the champion. The two losers of the single elimination can face for 3rd place.

Alright, this idea is only THEORY. It is up to TR_Jessie if she wants to hold it this way. Also, these dates aren't the true ones. Suggest more ones, and leave it to her to decide on one that work for everyone!

TR_Jessie
16th December 2009, 2:10 AM
Hey TR_Jessie, I've finally got my team!

In numerical order:

;143; ;150; ;250; ;272; ;392; ;482;

By the way, I have a suggestion for the tournament. It should be split into two parts - one will take places on the 18th and 19th, and one will take place on the 20th. Since we have 16 players, this can evenly be divided by 4. So...

Stage 1 - Preliminaries (Dec. 18 & 19)
Each of the 16 players will be split into 4 pools. Each pool will have 4 players in each. Each player will then (over the course of 2 days to allow for time problems) have to play round-robin matches against their opponents. Whomever gets the most wins in their pool moves to stage 2. The players should be done with their matches by midnight of the second day.

Stage 2 - Semifinals & Finals (Dec. 20)
With 1 player coming from each of the pools, that would leave 4 players in the finals. The 4 remaining players should play single elimination, best-two-of-three matches. The two winners in the semifinals move up to the finals, and best-two-of-three again. The winner of those two will be the champion. The two losers of the single elimination can face for 3rd place.

Alright, this idea is only THEORY. It is up to TR_Jessie if she wants to hold it this way. Also, these dates aren't the true ones. Suggest more ones, and leave it to her to decide on one that work for everyone!

... O_o
This is a VGC tournament. That is not how it goes. Just stick to the simple, correct way, ok?
Oh, yeah, thanks for the team update, by the way! :D

Mosquitox216
16th December 2009, 2:15 AM
Sorry for the complications.... But yeah, Friday would also be a good time to work this out. So we're doing the plain old "You lose, you're out", right?

Team Rose
16th December 2009, 7:53 AM
I guess I'll enter as a sub.

IGN: ROSSANO
FC: 3566-7568-9887
Team: ;485; , ;292; , ;484; , ;384; , ;094; , ;448;

BadIntent
16th December 2009, 1:30 PM
Hey Mosquitox216, I'm just posting to say that I like your plan of arranging the battles. If we end up doing this more regularly here, I think we could do the Round Robin thing sometimes. But like TR Jessie said, and as you know, at the actual event (Regionals to be specific because everyone's first goal is to get past that) it's one loss and "good day". It's unfortunate, but that's how they made it.

TR Jessie, if on Saturday a few people still don't have their teams listed will you end up subbing them out for people who do have theirs listed?

TR_Jessie
17th December 2009, 2:10 AM
Hey Mosquitox216, I'm just posting to say that I like your plan of arranging the battles. If we end up doing this more regularly here, I think we could do the Round Robin thing sometimes. But like TR Jessie said, and as you know, at the actual event (Regionals to be specific because everyone's first goal is to get past that) it's one loss and "good day". It's unfortunate, but that's how they made it.

TR Jessie, if on Saturday a few people still don't have their teams listed will you end up subbing them out for people who do have theirs listed?

Yeah, it is an fun idea, but that can be used in another tournament. Remember, this is strictly a VGC tournament.

Anyway, yes, I will sub them for people who have their teams.

greysong
17th December 2009, 2:56 AM
Hey, I'm ready to post my team. Since I'm on my iPod, I can't do the sprites.
Infernape-Garchomp-Suicune-Dusknoir-Scizor-Ludicolo

:)

James Bondage
17th December 2009, 4:15 AM
Um, I would like for you to stick to one pokemon forme, please. Sorry that that was unclear.

Yup, ok. Will do.

That is fine. That's why I asked before the actual start of the tourney.

Switch my Giratina to Giratina-O. I don't know how to do the sprites for the alternate fomres.

mattj
17th December 2009, 4:53 AM
Whoops! Guess I'd better commit to a team. :/

Here goes... Raikou / Ludicolo / Azumarril / Toxicroak / Palkia / Kyogre
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/243.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/272.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfsb/184.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfb/454.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/484.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfb/382.png

My FC that I'll be using is 2364 6194 4862

Thanks so much. :)

Rocky Balboa Owns
18th December 2009, 12:41 AM
I got 80% of my team... CHECK THIS POST LATER, I WILL EDIT IT:

Team: ;486; ;426; ;036; ;376; ;250; ;???;

Name in Game: Robert

T.W.I.
18th December 2009, 12:59 AM
Time to commit...i don't usually use ubers but it seems everyone has at least one so I'm gonna conform to everyone else so far :P.

;130; ;230; ;272; ;381; ;382; ;483;

BadIntent
18th December 2009, 3:19 AM
Are we still gonna try to do this in two days (Sat and Sun)? I might have to leave on Monday to go to my relative's house. There's no Wi-Fi there and I have no idea when I would return. So either we get done by Sunday or I'll likely have to drop partway through. Fortunately, we do have subs.

mattj
18th December 2009, 11:01 PM
WHEN DO WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAART?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:j

greysong
19th December 2009, 1:11 AM
Yeah, when will it start? I still have my forensics meet tomorrow. (wish me luck by the way!)

:)

golden_charizard
19th December 2009, 3:15 AM
Can't wait to start^^ I'm also donating a shiny Rhyhorn to the second place since there is a prize for the first :p. Also a suggestion, since this will be done in all one day, we should find a private chat room for all of us (which I'm looking up right now :)) because it will be much easier to communicate.

pastel
19th December 2009, 3:18 AM
well u could use the chat in my sig...

BadIntent
19th December 2009, 3:38 AM
The OP says it starts on the 19th (tomorrow). And any chat room is fine. Just depends on where TR wants it to be.

golden_charizard
19th December 2009, 4:02 AM
well u could use the chat in my sig...

Cool^^ Though this also all depends on TR_Jessie like BadIntent said.

T.W.I.
19th December 2009, 12:47 PM
since TR jessie has been gone for 3 days, and over half the roster is still tba, im gonna withdraw. good luck to all if the tourney happens :).

BadIntent
19th December 2009, 4:53 PM
since TR jessie has been gone for 3 days, and over half the roster is still tba, im gonna withdraw. good luck to all if the tourney happens :).

When this kind of stuff happens on Serebii, it really aggravates me...

Mosquitox216
19th December 2009, 4:57 PM
Hmmm, if this tournament starts after 1:30 PM today, then I'll have to drop out. I have places to go, people to see.... If it happens tomorrow, then I'm still in! If I can't play in the tourney, then my bets are on BadIntent and VashTheStampede ;).

mattj
19th December 2009, 5:07 PM
Hmmm, if this tournament starts after 1:30 PM today, then I'll have to drop out. I have places to go, people to see.... If it happens tomorrow, then I'm still in! If I can't play in the tourney, then my bets are on BadIntent and VashTheStampede ;).

Vash is in?! Wait, that's not Levi from smogon is it? xP

Anyhoo. People. Calm. Down. This stuff takes time, so don't just drop out. She's probably just had school this week (OMGZREELLIFE?!?!?!?!?). If this tourney is anything like last time, today will be the start, and you'll have several days to hook up with the person you need to battle, and then it'll go from there over a week or so...

Mosquitox216
19th December 2009, 5:52 PM
You mean Levi from Smogon who got 9th at Worlds 2009? Yes, that VashTheStampede ;)

BadIntent
19th December 2009, 5:58 PM
Dun matter who it is; I am unstoppable when I'm in beast m0de. Anyway I will come back in an hour or so to check if we have started yet. TR is offline a lot, but she's been punctual every time it's been something important.

TR_Jessie
19th December 2009, 8:20 PM
So very sorry, all. The tournament will be tomorrow: December 20th.
I have been overly busy with final exams at school, as well as having everyone in my house be a computer hog. >_>

I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience I have caused each and every one of you.
Oh, and Twilight Trainer, are you sure you will drop out?

mattj
20th December 2009, 1:35 AM
You mean Levi from Smogon who got 9th at Worlds 2009? Yes, that VashTheStampede ;)

Lolz! You know Levi too? He and I hung out at Worlds 09! This might actually have some challenge to it then! :D

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 2:07 AM
AHH ****, I MISSED IT!? I've been sick the past few days, so I have hardly been on the net at all! I have the DS... If I didn't miss it, lemme know. I'm going to go on Serebiichat.

BadIntent
20th December 2009, 2:12 AM
Chillax VashTS, you didn't miss anything. It's gonna be tomorrow. Both you and greysong weren't on so it's gonna be on Sunday.

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 3:49 AM
AHH ****, I MISSED IT!? I've been sick the past few days, so I have hardly been on the net at all! I have the DS... If I didn't miss it, lemme know. I'm going to go on Serebiichat.

What luck, huh? Let me just say: man, I had no idea that you were in the worlds last year! Congratz on that. :D

mattj
20th December 2009, 4:50 AM
What luck, huh? Let me just say: man, I had no idea that you were in the worlds last year! Congratz on that. :D

He and I both would have done even better if it wasn't for friggin Steve Stalling us both out for time >:P

SP-Eevee
20th December 2009, 11:47 AM
I'm not too late am I? Rushing right now so don't have too much time to check. Very last minute, apologies. ^^;

;250; ;384; ;145; ;212; ;482; ;461;

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 4:27 PM
Added your team, SP-Eevee. I have to go to Church, so the matchups will be here in a little over an hour or so. Sorry.

BadIntent
20th December 2009, 4:50 PM
Blessing in disguise that you were gone yesterday, eh TR Jessie? Seems like it will be better off today anyway.

EDIT: Calum got banned?!? What is this world coming to?

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 6:29 PM
Blessing in disguise that you were gone yesterday, eh TR Jessie? Seems like it will be better off today anyway.

EDIT: Calum got banned?!? What is this world coming to?

Yeah, I know! I just got word of it, too. At least we have enough subs (I think)
Oh, I will put up the match ups in about five-ten minutes on the main post...

BadIntent
20th December 2009, 7:16 PM
What?! I got paired up with one of my main dudes and Worlds competitor, MattJ in round 1? And in single elimination? Ain't that a *****...

We will battle ASAP X-X

SP-Eevee
20th December 2009, 7:28 PM
XD Ah, unlucky.
Looks like i'm going to have to wait a bit to see who i'm against, my team wasn't so well organised, so I expect one battle at best either way. Though looks like it should be fun, will record the battle if my opponents cool with it.

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 7:37 PM
What?! I got paired up with one of my main dudes and Worlds competitor, MattJ in round 1? And in single elimination? Ain't that a *****...

We will battle ASAP X-X

XD I didn't even notice! I actually had my brother just pick numbers to numbers;
I wrote the numbers 1-16-one per card- on index cards, shuffled them, layed them out, and let him pick up in pairs.

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 8:00 PM
Alright, I got my USB in, and am trying to get this DS to connect to it... it's been so long, I forget how. I'll be able to get my FC and such. I also have my team. Can somebody give me the link so I can post the animated sprites as my team?

BadIntent
20th December 2009, 8:09 PM
I assume you're posting in the "Quick Reply" box when you message, right? If so, just type ;Pokedex number of the Pokemon;

So for Bulbasaur, just but a 001 in between semicolons. ;001;

If you clicked "Go Advanced", there is a sprite box on the left. Just click "More" to see every sprite.

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 8:44 PM
Ahh, thanks m8. Yea, I usually just use Quick Reply for everything.. lemme get the stuff now.

12. xVashTSx98---------VashTS----------[4941-2810-5782]------------[;488; - ;143; - ;376; - ;130; - ;381; - ;145;]

BadIntent
20th December 2009, 9:01 PM
Well, MattJ just beat me so I'm out in Round 1. *long sigh*

mattj
20th December 2009, 9:03 PM
Well, MattJ just beat me so I'm out in Round 1. *long sigh*

It was a great match and he really gave me a run for my money. Good game friend. :D

[edit]
Levi-
Do you need some 2010 pokes???

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 9:04 PM
Alright, I got my USB in, and am trying to get this DS to connect to it... it's been so long, I forget how. I'll be able to get my FC and such. I also have my team. Can somebody give me the link so I can post the animated sprites as my team?

If you can't find out how to post the animated sprites, just post the pokemon names.

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 9:10 PM
It was a great match and he really gave me a run for my money. Good game friend. :D

[edit]
Levi-
Do you need some 2010 pokes???

Yes, yes I do. LoL :P

I believe all I have is Tyranitar, Rayquaza, and Dialga, but meh.. Was thinking of using Dialga over Metagross, but I just love Explosion.

EDIT: Is there a channel I can access from the chat link so we can talk in real-time?

Rocky Balboa Owns
20th December 2009, 9:14 PM
One if we can't make it for one of the days/times?

I still don't know btw, for the last pokemon cause my team only consists of 4 of them, I need one filler...

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 9:15 PM

I still don't know btw, for the last pokemon cause my team only consists of 4 of them, I need one filler...

Best fillers are Metagross, Cresselia, or Groudon, imo. If you can't make it, I'm guessing you get disquallified and your opponent gets a win. If both players don't show, then I guess they both lose and a BYE is placed in the next round.

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 9:24 PM
Wow it's started xD. Didn't realise it was that early, going to contact the person I'm have to face^^

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 9:48 PM
Looking for my opponent..

3. jeyre80---------------DAWN-----------4855 4426 4906
__________________VERSUS_____________________
12. xVashTSx98---------VashTS----------4941 2810 5782

Team Rose
20th December 2009, 9:49 PM
If the 2 players whos teams are TBA don't post their teams by 4pm does that mean the replacements take their place?

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 9:50 PM

I guess whoever is the one that can't make it at that time is disqualified.

Wow it's started xD. Didn't realise it was that early, going to contact the person I'm have to face^^

Nah, Some people were just able to battle, so I said that they could start early.

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 9:51 PM
If the 2 players whos teams are TBA don't post their teams by 4pm does that mean the replacements take their place?

I don't see why not... Only 10 minutes left. If me, a person with no DS, can get his **** sorted, then others really have no excuse.

Also, I will be in #sppVGC so we can chat in real-time, and talk about issues, or just BS.

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 9:59 PM
Nah, Some people were just able to battle, so I said that they could start early.

Oh, I see :) Though, I'm still waiting on a reply.

And also, what chat channel is #sppVGC that xVashTSx98 is talking about?

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 10:00 PM
I just used my IRC to connect, I didn't find a way it was possible to join via the chat link.

The server is:
irc.purplesurge.net
When you connect, just type: /j sppVGC

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 10:06 PM
I just used my IRC to connect, I didn't find a way it was possible to join via the chat link.

The server is:
irc.purplesurge.net
When you connect, just type: /j sppVGC

Oh alright, though for some reason I can't get pass the main page.

greysong
20th December 2009, 10:10 PM
Daelan just used 6 pokemon instead of 4.

Supamangoman
20th December 2009, 10:12 PM
Whoops, sorry for being late.

My team is:
;376;;150;;382;;488;;292;;460;

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 10:15 PM

Ok, then rematch him.

@supamangoman,

I don't know what to do about that. I just beat aferrgotti, so...... Oh! You can battle Rocky Balboa owns! Thank you! Perfect.

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 10:16 PM

That's impossible.. Double Battle - Free Level, only allows for 4 Pokemon to be used. :\

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 10:24 PM
That's impossible.. Double Battle - Free Level, only allows for 4 Pokemon to be used. :\

Since the tournament is auto 50, we play with Double Battle- Level 50

Supamangoman
20th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Sure, I'll battle Rocky.

greysong
20th December 2009, 10:30 PM
Well, we settled it out. Don't worry! I ended up beating Daelan. GG man!

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 10:31 PM
Sure, I'll battle Rocky.

Cool. Thank you.

Exactly. Thanks ^^

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 10:40 PM

Ahh, my mistake. I'm just used to playing standard rules from Nationals and Worlds.

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 10:50 PM
Ahh, my mistake. I'm just used to playing standard rules from Nationals and Worlds.

Yup, I can understand that. But just know now you don't have move level restrictions! :D

Can't wait for the next round you guys! Keep it up.

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 10:53 PM
How long do we have before the next round? I still waiting on a reply from my opponant who was been online for since 3:30...

xVashTSx98
20th December 2009, 10:53 PM
Works for me, I'm enjoying the Eagles game. :)

I'm gonna get some munchies for the game.. Just /q me on IRC if necessary, I'll notice it during a commercial break.

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 10:57 PM
How long do we have before the next round? I still waiting on a reply from my opponant who was been online for since 3:30...

Ok, since your opponent clearly is late, then... I think that you should just move on to the next round. I mean, is he even online or has been online in the last half hour?

Supamangoman
20th December 2009, 11:00 PM
I have the same case too, still waiting

golden_charizard
20th December 2009, 11:01 PM
I send him a message an hour and a half ago, he just log out, but I had no reply.

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 11:04 PM
I send him a message an hour and a half ago, he just log out, but I had no reply.

Ok. You win. He was gone for way to long.

mattj
20th December 2009, 11:05 PM

Double battle L50 lets you bring 6. I've done it on accident before. Oh, and if you still need anything, lemme know. I've aaaaalmost cleared out HG already. Just use smogon VMs/PMs cuz I haven't gotten IRC yet. :P

Man there's some craaaaaazy lag today ! 0_0

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 11:06 PM
Double battle L50 lets you bring 6. I've done it on accident before.

Me, too. XD

First round is half-way over. C'mon guys, get to it!

mattj
20th December 2009, 11:11 PM
Me, too. XD

First round is half-way over. C'mon guys, get to it!

Wonderful! Seems pretty active so far! When would the second round start? Tonight or tomorrow? I'm gonna go RNG my Mewtwo in HG while I wait...

SP-Eevee
20th December 2009, 11:27 PM
Somehow, I won the match. Though it was down to luck on my part. ^^;

mattj
20th December 2009, 11:38 PM
Somehow, I won the match. Though it was down to luck on my part. ^^;

Great Job! Congratulations! :D

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 11:50 PM
Wonderful! Seems pretty active so far! When would the second round start? Tonight or tomorrow? I'm gonna go RNG my Mewtwo in HG while I wait...

That is a good question... I'd say tommorrow or something. It seems that everyone has something to do til the end of today.
Either that, or I will have to randomly eliminate some people.

SP-Eevee
20th December 2009, 11:53 PM
I'd go with tommorow, sounds fairer than just eliminating people just because they may have had other things to do later today. That's just my opinion on things.
I don't think I'll be able to stay up much later either.

greysong
20th December 2009, 11:55 PM
Good job SP-Eevee! :)

TR_Jessie
20th December 2009, 11:58 PM
I'd go with tommorow, sounds fairer than just eliminating people just because they may have had other things to do later today. That's just my opinion on things.
I don't think I'll be able to stay up much later either.

Yeah, I really do agree with you.

xVashTSx98
21st December 2009, 1:39 AM
Hmm... so what happens with me? Clearly, I was here all day, and my opponent didn't even bother to show up.. I wouldn't mind if I got a BYE or if I had to fight him anyway, just curious.

James Bondage
21st December 2009, 1:46 AM
Hmm... so what happens with me? Clearly, I was here all day, and my opponent didn't even bother to show up.. I wouldn't mind if I got a BYE or if I had to fight him anyway, just curious.

I sent you a PM about 45 minutes ago, and have been on WiFi ever since.

Mosquitox216
21st December 2009, 1:47 AM
Alright, I'm finally home. I was away from 2:30 to 7:30 O.O

AllenApple is offline, so I guess I'll have to wait for him for now.

James Bondage
21st December 2009, 2:00 AM
Okay, me and Vash were here at the same time, but he didn't respond to my PM, and I have been on Wifi. What happens now?

mattj
21st December 2009, 3:06 AM
Okay, me and Vash were here at the same time, but he didn't respond to my PM, and I have been on Wifi. What happens now?

??? I was just talking to him on smogon. He said he was out for the night. I really hope you both get to battle. He's a great battler and a great guy in person. :) If you need to get to him quicker, maybe try going through my friends list on smogon and checking his page there. He said he'd be on tomorrow evening for a trade...

Can't this be like last time when there was a little space of time to hookup? The lag on the site can be like a trainwreck some times. :P

Mosquitox216
21st December 2009, 3:20 AM
What will happen to people who aren't able to finish their matches? Will they be eliminated? I know I was late to getting on, but in my defense, my opponent, AllenApple, hasn't been on since BEFORE the start of the tourney (4:00 PM)

James Bondage
21st December 2009, 3:32 AM
??? I was just talking to him on smogon. He said he was out for the night. I really hope you both get to battle. He's a great battler and a great guy in person. :) If you need to get to him quicker, maybe try going through my friends list on smogon and checking his page there. He said he'd be on tomorrow evening for a trade...

Can't this be like last time when there was a little space of time to hookup? The lag on the site can be like a trainwreck some times. :P

It's fine. I would rather have the battle, even if it is tomorrow. Bye's just aren't my thing.

mattj
21st December 2009, 3:41 AM
It's fine. I would rather have the battle, even if it is tomorrow. Bye's just aren't my thing.

I know what you mean...

It's like "Yay! I won!!!"

"Yeah!"

...yeah...

:(

TR_Jessie
21st December 2009, 3:49 AM
Yeah, ok. I will give until tomorrow.

mattj
21st December 2009, 3:51 AM
Yeah, ok. I will give until tomorrow.

TR Jessie for the win as always! :D

TR_Jessie
21st December 2009, 3:55 AM
TR Jessie for the win as always! :D

Thankies. :)

xVashTSx98
21st December 2009, 10:22 AM

Sounds good. Just please don't be like 4 hours late again. :(

I'll probably be around at like 3pm or 4pm, depending on how the afternoon goes.

xVashTSx98
21st December 2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late.. Like I said, depends on how the afternoon goes, lolz.

Anyway, how can I tell if Jeyre is online?

greysong
21st December 2009, 10:24 PM
Hey does anybody know when round 2 will start?

Supamangoman
21st December 2009, 10:26 PM
Rocky and me just battled, but he left in the middle of it. He wants to resume the battle at like 7 tomorrow.

xVashTSx98
21st December 2009, 10:31 PM
If your online, you should be in the Serebii Chat, or if you have IRC, join #sppVGC

greysong
21st December 2009, 10:46 PM
Rocky and me just battled, but he left in the middle of it. He wants to resume the battle at like 7 tomorrow.

Well wait, if he just D/C off the battle, then to be honest, you should get the victory.

xVashTSx98
21st December 2009, 10:50 PM
ffs my opponent isnt here... Getting tired of this, TBH.

EDIT: It's been about an hour now. I've got to go, so I'll check in again later.

TR_Jessie
21st December 2009, 11:56 PM

Yes, he DC'd. YOU win. I'm tired of this, too. We are moving onto round 2 once and for all.

James Bondage
21st December 2009, 11:57 PM
If your online, you should be in the Serebii Chat, or if you have IRC, join #sppVGC

ffs my opponent isnt here... Getting tired of this, TBH.

EDIT: It's been about an hour now. I've got to go, so I'll check in again later.

You never specified your time zone. I was on between 3-4 pm in my time zone.

Also, chat clients don't run on my computer. I have sent you both a PM and a VM that you have yet to respond from yesterday when we were both on at the same time.

Try PMing me, please.

Mosquitox216
22nd December 2009, 12:39 AM
Ughh, this is annoying. Allen hasn't been on since BEFORE 4:00 PM YESTERDAY, so it's really impossible for us to battle. IDK what's going to happen to us. I'm guessing either we both get disqualified, he gets disqualified for not even trying, or we battle. I hope it's the 3rd option O.O I really feel bad for TR_Jessie - she has to deal with all this crap that comes with running a tournament....

TR_Jessie
22nd December 2009, 2:50 AM
Ughh, this is annoying. Allen hasn't been on since BEFORE 4:00 PM YESTERDAY, so it's really impossible for us to battle. IDK what's going to happen to us. I'm guessing either we both get disqualified, he gets disqualified for not even trying, or we battle. I hope it's the 3rd option O.O I really feel bad for TR_Jessie - she has to deal with all this crap that comes with running a tournament....

I am thankful for your sympathy, but most of this is my fault. I moved you to the next round. Usually, the first round is full of drop outs and stuff, but the next ones are always better.
I'm sorry that this seems so unorganized and quite unfair, but I promise next time it will be much, much better.

EDIT:
Please specify what time zone is being talked about.

mattj
22nd December 2009, 4:03 AM
I am thankful for your sympathy, but most of this is my fault. I moved you to the next round. Usually, the first round is full of drop outs and stuff, but the next ones are always better.
I'm sorry that this seems so unorganized and quite unfair, but I promise next time it will be much, much better.

EDIT:
Please specify what time zone is being talked about.

Just as an example of "live and learn" maybe next time it should be required that each player list their time zone on the OP along with their team and whatnot. Goodluck to everybody who is advancing! :D

xVashTSx98
22nd December 2009, 3:34 PM
The Timezone talked about I thought would obviously be the Tournament Time, in EST. Which, if it helps, is GMT -5.

greysong
22nd December 2009, 4:51 PM
I PMed SP-Eevee asking her if we could battle first thing in the morning, because I'm going to be very busy today.

TR_Jessie
22nd December 2009, 5:19 PM
I PMed SP-Eevee asking her if we could battle first thing in the morning, because I'm going to be very busy today.

Ok, then. Hope you can do that. :D

xVashTSx98
22nd December 2009, 11:05 PM
I'll be here for an hour, maybe 2 max. something happened with my computer, me and my dad are working on fixing it. We ended up just doing a total reformat recently. I'm out at a friends, but I have the necessary gear to battle and ****.

My computer should be up later tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow.

TR_Jessie
22nd December 2009, 11:22 PM
I'll be here for an hour, maybe 2 max. something happened with my computer, me and my dad are working on fixing it. We ended up just doing a total reformat recently. I'm out at a friends, but I have the necessary gear to battle and ****.

My computer should be up later tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow.
I'm on right now and have been waiting for a while.

xVashTSx98
23rd December 2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry, just got everything to work now. I'm on WiFi as we speak. :)

Something was screwed up, so I had to reboot twice and mess around with her Firewall settings. Luckily shes not home, my GF would probly be ****** off. :o

mattj
23rd December 2009, 2:08 AM
Mosquito got me! x_x

Great game bud! :D

Mosquitox216
23rd December 2009, 2:14 AM
Here to report that I beat matt. Man, I was lucky -_- Low red was lucky. Epic item on my lead.

mattj
23rd December 2009, 2:15 AM
Here to report that I beat matt. Man, I was lucky -_- Low red was lucky. Epic item on my lead.

GAWD I COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT!!!??!! xD I was like "WHAT?! NO?!! REEEEALLY!!!"

TR_Jessie
23rd December 2009, 6:13 PM

Ok, I will put you up for that.

SP-Eevee
23rd December 2009, 10:45 PM
Glad we finally managed to get the battle done, especially with the conflicting timezones, if it hadn't been for that Heatwave missing i'd have lost. I won, barely.

greysong
23rd December 2009, 11:01 PM
Lost to SP-Eevee. GG. :)

Oh also, I'm announcing that I will not be battling until March, meaning I'm announcing my retirement.

xVashTSx98
23rd December 2009, 11:33 PM
Here to say my net is back up and running. I'll have to reinstall my WiFi USB because my father is still "doing work" on the computer, which explains why I haven't been able to get on here for a while..

I was on and in the WiFi room for a while last night, TR Jesse. What happened? :O Did you enter my FC incorrectly or something? I double-checked both yours and mine to see if they were correct in the Forum and my Pal Pad, and indeed they were..

I should be able to get on more frequently as the night moves on, as it is only 5:30EST for me. I'll check my PMs and stuff then.

xVashTSx98
23rd December 2009, 11:34 PM
EDIT: Requesting delete. :\ I dunno how this got double-posted.

mattj
24th December 2009, 12:05 AM

Oh also, I'm announcing that I will not be battling until March, meaning I'm announcing my retirement.

??? Whuuuuuuuuuut?! :(

Best wishes bud. :) And congrats to everyone moving on!

xVashTSx98
24th December 2009, 1:30 AM
Enjoy your time off, grey. I hope to see you at the VGC Nationals, if we both pass the lottery.

TR_Jessie
24th December 2009, 3:11 AM

Oh, noes!!! Well, if that's what you want...

Anyway, I'll put that up.

TR_Jessie
24th December 2009, 5:44 AM
GG, Vash. I'm glad we finally got to battle. :)

xVashTSx98
24th December 2009, 5:52 AM
Reporting that I got my *** whipped by Jessie.

On the phone with my GF, and I'm like "yea I'm about to play that guy in the tournament now!" And she keeps ****ing talking... "So, what do you have to help this guy with?" *sigh* and she asks the same question like 2 minutes later :|

Honestly, I lost because of 2 things:
1) I'm too used to playing Battle Tower, and over-estimated Latios's power.
2) I didn't know Water Spout hit both Pokemon. :o I was counting on sacrificing a Pokemon for Zapdos to live.. :(

Gg, and wp!

TR_Jessie
24th December 2009, 7:28 PM
Reporting that I got my *** whipped by Jessie.

On the phone with my GF, and I'm like "yea I'm about to play that guy in the tournament now!" And she keeps ****ing talking... "So, what do you have to help this guy with?" *sigh* and she asks the same question like 2 minutes later :|

Honestly, I lost because of 2 things:
1) I'm too used to playing Battle Tower, and over-estimated Latios's power.
2) I didn't know Water Spout hit both Pokemon. :o I was counting on sacrificing a Pokemon for Zapdos to live.. :(

Gg, and wp!

Me is a girl... lol :D

Mosquitox216
24th December 2009, 7:30 PM
Alright, now I'm scared of TR_Jessie. She beat VASH? The 9th best player IN THE WORLD? Then again, you're supposed to remember that Water Spout hits both pokes...

EDIT: Rain Teams suck. My Ludicolo sucks.

TR_Jessie
24th December 2009, 7:37 PM
Alright, now I'm scared of TR_Jessie. She beat VASH? The 9th best player IN THE WORLD? Then again, you're supposed to remember that Water Spout hits both pokes...

Haha, you SHOULD be scared :p. I also beat greysong and mattj on random wi-fi with our VGC teams once each.

EDIT:
It's snowing! In TEXAS!!! :D

Mosquitox216
24th December 2009, 7:44 PM
OBAMA. SNOW! OBAMA. SNOW! OBAMA. SN... *shot*

Well, here in New Yawk, we just hahd a snowstorm on Saturday. It sucked pretty badly. Awww well, time to use the trick I used on mattj to beat TR_Jessie (if I get paired up with her. If I don't, I'm sorta safe, since I don't like Rain)

TR_Jessie
24th December 2009, 7:48 PM
A trick, you say? I can't wait.

golden_charizard
25th December 2009, 1:35 AM
Hey everyone, I had no internet connection the last few days... Anyhow, I can do my match in the next 2 days^^

TR_Jessie
25th December 2009, 3:55 AM
Hey everyone, I had no internet connection the last few days... Anyhow, I can do my match in the next 2 days^^
Yeah, sure, why not.

golden_charizard
25th December 2009, 4:55 AM
Yeah, sure, why not.

Thanks^^, it will be done ASAP

TR_Jessie
26th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks^^, it will be done ASAP

Good. I hope that's SOON. :)

Supamangoman
26th December 2009, 6:26 AM
I just beat Golden Charizard, now we can get the tournament moving >_>

golden_charizard
26th December 2009, 6:27 AM
Sorry for the hold up on the tournament >.< Anyhow just had my battle, Supamangoman won as he just said.^^

TR_Jessie
26th December 2009, 8:56 PM
Sorry for the hold up on the tournament >.< Anyhow just had my battle, Supamangoman won as he just said.^^

K. I will move it on.

EDIT: Match ups are posted.

xVashTSx98
26th December 2009, 9:19 PM

You also have to remember I have no experience hands-on with Ubers. I never/don't even like them, so Jessie had a big advantage anyway. But yea, in this torney, she played better and smarter, end of story. No excuses. ;)

And I said that my GF said "What does he need your help with." I know you are a female. =p

TR_Jessie
26th December 2009, 9:27 PM
You also have to remember I have no experience hands-on with Ubers. I never/don't even like them, so Jessie had a big advantage anyway. But yea, in this torney, she played better and smarter, end of story. No excuses. ;)

And I said that my GF said "What does he need your help with." I know you are a female. =p

lol I just felt like saying that. ;)

Mosquitox216
27th December 2009, 11:47 PM
Bloody hell, it's just me vs. SP-Eevee. She's gonna' be tough with that GoodStuffs team. Also, gratz to TR_Jessie for getting to the finals.

TR_Jessie
28th December 2009, 2:48 AM
Bloody hell, it's just me vs. SP-Eevee. She's gonna' be tough with that GoodStuffs team. Also, gratz to TR_Jessie for getting to the finals.

:D

Have you battled her, yet?

Kashinn
28th December 2009, 8:29 PM
hmm.. the VGC rules do make me wonder, why is it only 4 vs 4 instead of 6 vs 6?

TR_Jessie
28th December 2009, 9:40 PM
hmm.. the VGC rules do make me wonder, why is it only 4 vs 4 instead of 6 vs 6?

Because those are the VGC rules.

No one seems to understand that this is supposed to be a as close as possible replica of the ACTUAL VGC.

SP-Eevee
28th December 2009, 10:09 PM
@Kashinn: Well, 4 on 4's are quicker, as are doubles and considering how large the official tournaments are think how long it'd take if it were 6 on 6.

Also, we're going to have our battle tommorow since Mosquito's not here today.

Kashinn
29th December 2009, 12:01 AM
Because those are the VGC rules.

No one seems to understand that this is supposed to be a as close as possible replica of the ACTUAL VGC.

Oh, i think you misunderstood what I meant. I was referring to the actual VGC rules, which SP-Eevee just answered. ;136;

TR_Jessie
29th December 2009, 7:19 PM
Oh, i think you misunderstood what I meant. I was referring to the actual VGC rules, which SP-Eevee just answered. ;136;

^^' Heh heh. Sorry, there.

@SP-Eevee, thank you. I wish you both good luck.

Mosquitox216
30th December 2009, 1:30 AM
Alright, I'm FINALLY able to battle right now. Alright, I hope I can do this.... I'll be up all night waiting for SP-Eevee and her GoodStuffs team.

EDIT: Lag on this site sucks.

EDIT2: Arrrrgggghhhh! Luck sucks....... I knew Recover would've been better on Ho-oh. Also, ParaHax and Hydro Pump missing didn't help.... Good game SP-Eevee! Though you got lucky, and I'll be ranting for the next however long, but whatever! :P (If you didn't get it, she beat me :O)

TR_Jessie
30th December 2009, 7:20 PM
Alright, I'm FINALLY able to battle right now. Alright, I hope I can do this.... I'll be up all night waiting for SP-Eevee and her GoodStuffs team.

EDIT: Lag on this site sucks.

EDIT2: Arrrrgggghhhh! Luck sucks....... I knew Recover would've been better on Ho-oh. Also, ParaHax and Hydro Pump missing didn't help.... Good game SP-Eevee! Though you got lucky, and I'll be ranting for the next however long, but whatever! :P (If you didn't get it, she beat me :O)

Updated. SP-Eevee, I can't wait til we battle. :D

mattj
30th December 2009, 10:59 PM
HOOOOORAY FOR SP!!!!! AND TRJ!!!!!

So who's gonna get mah Mew???

>_>

BadIntent
31st December 2009, 1:36 AM
Okay, I realize my opinion doesn't mean all that much since I got ran in round one, but... If you do this again before the VGC can you post a bracket or list of wins/losses. Just so it would be easy to see exactly how all the rounds went. I had to literally read every post to see who beat who.

I am surprised at how this tourney went o.O I know you two finalists are good, but I thought MattJ or VashTS would run everybody. Well congrats to TR and SP; I've played you both and respect your skill.

TR_Jessie
31st December 2009, 2:04 AM
Okay, I realize my opinion doesn't mean all that much since I got ran in round one, but... If you do this again before the VGC can you post a bracket or list of wins/losses. Just so it would be easy to see exactly how all the rounds went. I had to literally read every post to see who beat who.

I am surprised at how this tourney went o.O I know you two finalists are good, but I thought MattJ or VashTS would run everybody. Well congrats to TR and SP; I've played you both and respect your skill.

Yeah, see, this should have all been in one day, anyway. I was too lazy to do the brackets, but I think I will do them next time, though.

Supamangoman
31st December 2009, 8:40 AM
Good luck in the finals you guys =D

TR_Jessie
31st December 2009, 7:01 PM
Good luck in the finals you guys =D

Thanks. :D

mattj
1st January 2010, 5:46 AM

Ha! Dude! That's just pokemon! xD Plus, I knew those 2 were good from the start! xD

greysong
1st January 2010, 8:19 AM
Good luck everybody!

TR_Jessie
1st January 2010, 11:58 PM
Sorry for the delay, SP-Eevee. I just can't seem to be online at the same time you are! XD

TR_Jessie
3rd January 2010, 12:26 AM
SP-Eevee beat me.
I didn't really want to try to win the battle, so I purposely didn't play with any skill.

greysong
3rd January 2010, 12:40 AM
Good job to both of you! Congrats SP-Eevee!

mattj
3rd January 2010, 2:05 AM
Congrats! Now pick up your Mew Jessie (you can get one from my thread any time EEvee! :P)

TR_Jessie
3rd January 2010, 3:11 AM
Congrats! Now pick up your Mew Jessie (you can get one from my thread any time EEvee! :P)

That's ok; I don't really want one. Thank you, though.

Great tournament, everyone. Next time I will try to set it to be at an actual time.

BadIntent
3rd January 2010, 6:02 AM
SP-Eevee beat me.
I didn't really want to try to win the battle, so I purposely didn't play with any skill.

SP-Eevee pwned everyone. U r 2 gewds for us n00bz, SP.

TR_Jessie
3rd January 2010, 4:58 PM
SP-Eevee pwned everyone. U r 2 gewds for us n00bz, SP.
Yeah, she IS too awesome.
But I meant that I was too depressed to want to try to win the battle. I didn't really care.

Supamangoman
4th January 2010, 6:16 AM
That's ok; I don't really want one. Thank you, though.

Great tournament, everyone. Next time I will try to set it to be at an actual time.

I'll be waiting for the next tournament! This was a fun tourney to play in. ;munchlax;

greysong
4th January 2010, 7:29 AM
I love these annual VGC tournaments.

TR_Jessie
6th January 2010, 4:37 AM
That's great! I'll be sure to keep doing them every summer and winter! :D

greysong
25th January 2010, 3:30 AM
I have an idea for the next VGC tournament. It could be around May and it could be called: Schools Out for the VGC Tournament. :D

evoji
9th February 2010, 11:50 PM
i'm new to this whole thing of tournaments and this sounds like a good tournament to join. hope i do good, thanks!

Username: evoji
In Game Name: Jensen
Platinum Friend Code 2364 3633 8325
Pokemon Party: Pending