PDA

View Full Version : Grass deck for Cities

faceplant2
10th December 2009, 8:48 PM
Pokemon: 24

1 Shaymin- Platinum (growth) (I have 1 more of these)
1 Shaymin- Platinum (Aromatherapy)
1 Shaymin LV X- Sky Form (I want land form, but I don't have it)
1 Sableye- Stormfront
3 Turtwig- Diamond and Pearl (maybe 1 out for the other one?)
1 Turtwig- Majestic Dawn
1 Grotle- Diamond and Pearl
1 Grotle- Platinum
1 Grotle- Majestic Dawn (I have one more Platinum Grotle)
1 Torterra- Stormfront
2 Torterra- Platinum (I have 1 more, and I have the DP one)
1 Torterra LV. X
1 Treecko- Great Encounters
1 Treecko- Arceus
1 Treecko- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Arceus
1 Grovyle- Great Encounters
2 Sceptile- Great Encounters (only 2)
1 Sceptile- Stormfront (I have the Arceus one, but he is pretty bad)

19 Trainers
Expert Belt
Roseanne's Research
Rare Candy
Poke Radar
Miasma Valley (might want to switch with Cyrus's Initiative)
Cynthia's Feelings
Looker's Investigation
Luxury Ball
TM Evoluter (I have one more)
Warp Point (I have more)
2 Poke Healer +
Professor Oak's Visit
2 Buck's Training (I have no more)
2 Bebe's Search (I have 1 more)
Broken Time-Space
Speed Stadium

Energy
16 Grass Energy
1 Upper Energy (I have 1 more)

These are the switches I would make: Stormfront Torterra- Platinum Torterra
Sableye- Stormfront Tangela(or arceus?)
Bebe's Search- Arceus Tangela
Buck's Training- Stormfront Tangrowth
Warp- Stormfront Tangrowth
Speed Stadium- Super Scoop Up
Evoluter- Cyrus's Initiative
Poke Healer + - Poke Radar
Poke Healer + - Volkner's
Oak's Visit- Cynthia's Feelings

Are these subs worth it, or should they be changed around, or should I leave it the way it is? Which Trainers are better. Would Dusk Ball help?
Obviously the strategy is to get Platinum Torterra and Great Encounters Sceptile out fast, and dealing lots of damage with them. In the past, I have started with Tangela and Tangrowth, and won easily. I also have a 2-1-1 Victreebell line I might want to put in- but I don't think so. Please Help!

Nidoprince
10th December 2009, 11:10 PM
Get 4 Pokehealer +, if you only have 3, and you draw all of them throughout the game, then you won't be able to get the best from it.

CUT DOWN ON THE LAST EVO. If you only have 2 Grovyle, why would you have 3 Sceptile? Do the other way around, 3 Grovyle and 2 Sceptile, but only if it's your main attacker. If Torterra is your main attacker, then get 3 Grotle, 2 Torterra, and 1 Torterra lv. X. And, whoever you choose to be your main attacker, get rid of the other 3 evo line for more Energy, 15 is definatly NOT enough for that deck. I remember I tried 20 one time, and I got trashed, and so I tried 24 and that was OK. I'm not saying you should get more than that, but try 18 at least if you have like 20 Pokemon.

faceplant2
11th December 2009, 2:40 AM
The Sceptile isn't for attacking, except maybe the Stormfront one. I will add in a Grovyle for the Carnivine. I used to think that about energy too, but GE Sceptile makes every energy worth 2, so I figure I can put in a lot less with this deck. The trainers help a lot too.

GreenAiden555
12th December 2009, 1:22 AM
Pokemon: 27
1 Carnivine- Platinum (my first option to take out, maybe for a grovyle)
1 Shaymin- Platinum (growth) (I have 1 more of these)
1 Shaymin- Platinum (Aromatherapy)
1 Shaymin LV X- Sky Form (I want land form, but I don't have it)
1 Tangela- Arceus- Arceus (Absorb)
1 Tangela- Arceus (collect) (Maybe I should put in the other one instead)
2 Tangrowth- Stormfront (I don't have the other one)
3 Turtwig- Diamond and Pearl (maybe 1 out for the other one?)
1 Turtwig- Majestic Dawn
1 Grotle- Diamond and Pearl
1 Grotle- Platinum
1 Grotle- Majestic Dawn (I have one more Platinum Grotle)
1 Torterra- Stormfront
2 Torterra- Platinum (I have 1 more, and I have the DP one)
1 Torterra LV. X
1 Treecko- Great Encounters
1 Treecko- Arceus
1 Treecko- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Stormfront
1 Grovyle- Great Encounters (I have the Arceus one as well)
2 Sceptile- Great Eno****ers (only 2)
1 Sceptile- Stormfront (I have the Arceus one, but he is pretty bad)

18 Trainers
Expert Belt
Roseanne's Research
Rare Candy
Poke Radar
Miasma Valley (might want to switch with Cyrus's Initiative)
Cynthia's Feelings
Looker's Investigation
Luxury Ball
TM Evoluter (I have one more)
Warp Point (I have more)
3 Poke Healer +
Professor Oak's Visit
Buck's Training (I have one more)
Bebe's Search (I have 2 more)
Broken Time-Space
Speed Stadium

Energy
14 Grass Energy
1 Upper Energy (I have 1 more)

Turtwig: Nice knowing you have the Majestic Dawn one... But which one? Go 2/2 (2 D/P. 2 Majestic Dawn with the berry. If you don't have that one, go 4 all the way with D/P: that free energy attack will make it good death fodder early/late game while you build up your other attackers.)

Grotle: If you can, go 2/1 with Majestic Dawn and D/P. The Platinum one just isn't all that great, and with the ability to attach energy to coincide with your attack, you can't lose. It also goes will with the D/P Turtwig, as you only need one energy to start attacking. I'd recommend going 3 Majestic Dawn, actually, as you'll be getting energy and damage each turn.

Torterra: Fine, leave as is. If you want, switch the line to 1/2 with 1 Platinum and 2 Stormfront. Either way, it'll work (same for level X)

Treecko: Go all Great Encounters. You'll get more benefit from Energy Ball than you will any other attack on any other Treecko. Also, add a total of 4 in.

Grovyle: You're better off 2 GE, but if you can't, 1/1 SF and GE will be fine. EDIT: Also, throw a total of 3 in. Doesn't matter the combo, but for a deck like this, go 2GE/1SF.

Sceptile: Keep the GE on your bench AT ALL TIMES. That card seems to be the beast of your deck, and I can assure, with one on the bench, you'll never need to worry about energies. Stormfront helps, too, for the ability to move energy where you really need to have it at the most crucial moments of the game.

For the Sceptile line: AVOID THE ONES FOUND IN THE ARCEUS SET AT ALL COSTS. THEY'RE GOD AWFUL, AND SHOULD ALL BE DESTROYED. ONLY use them if you have no other option. If you can't fill up your line with what I suggest, then go ahead and use the Arceus ones.

Shaymin: Fine, but the other land forme one won't hurt your deck.

Carnivine: NO.

Tangrowth line: Drop it. You can find a better family to work with. Better yet, get a good tech in your deck, like Dodrio from SV. Go 1-1, and with Luxury Ball and some PokeRadars, you wont' have a hard time getting it. Trust me, the extra card per turn's a LIFE saver in some games. You will run through your deck pretty quickly, but it's worth it.

T/S/S: No, just no. You need to have some sort of consistency with them. If this is THE deck you'll be using at cities (and just for), you should borrow cards from your other deck(s) and friends(if you happen to have any that play the TCG). I can, personally, say that Buck's = EPIC WIN. Those 2 extra cards and 10 extra damage could give you a HUGE comeback, or a smack in the face. Cynthia's feelings is an AWESOME card to run in a grass deck because, no offense (I have a grass deck, too), if you're not able to evolve around turn 5, you're gonna get cards knocked out really soon.

Get another rare Candy, it'll help. For Bebe's: Go all the way. You could pull out a Torterra on your active Grovyle, then BAM! Two Sceptiles, waiting in the wing, on your bench. Go 4 PokeHealer+: 3 won't be as effective. Drop Evoluter, it may seem appealing, but it just isn't that great when you have some Bebe's to put in. Also, try to put in a total of 2 Roseanne's. Also also, POKEMON RESCUE!!!!! It will allow you to take back WHATEVER you have in your discard pile.

*whew*

Anyway, I was just assuming you are able to get these cards. If you can't, just go with your gut.

Also, step it up to maybe 16-18 energies. Yeah, you have 2 GE Sceptiles... But what happens if one gets knocked out, and the other in the prize spot you just didn't take?

Also also (also also also), Pyramid=Trash. Remember that when building decks. Albeit, sometimes they work, but in a deck like this, you lose a one card in the pyramid (Mainly the highest stage attacker), you're done.

Hope I helped!

faceplant2
12th December 2009, 2:00 AM
Thank you, this is a great review of my deck. I will follow your advice as much as I can. But what should I take out for all the additions? Also, do you think people will let me borrow cards before citities? And what about Cyrus's conspiracy?

GreenAiden555
12th December 2009, 3:38 AM
Thank you, this is a great review of my deck. I will follow your advice as much as I can. But what should I take out for all the additions? Also, do you think people will let me borrow cards before citities? And what about Cyrus's conspiracy?

For some, you can just take out other cards ( Like take out the SF Treecko for the GE one), and move some T/S/S around. I also suggested to take out the Carnavine and Tangrowth family, so that's, what, 5 (?) cards you have to move around, and I only suggested adding in about 5 or so cards. Just move some around, take out what I suggested you should, and you should do well.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't go with it, as you really shouldn't have any Galatic Inventions in your deck. Some are cool, but they revolve around SPs, mostly.

faceplant2
12th December 2009, 3:37 PM
I ended up keeping the Tangrowth line, and I was glad I did. However, this deck did not do well in cities. I was 1-3, and I didn't make any misplays. Why didn't this deck do good. What could I do to improve it? Should I just abondon grass and go with another type? I want to add the land from shaymin lv x.