PDA

View Full Version : Steam Twister

GalladeTheGreat
15th December 2009, 4:39 AM
Since I started collecting again I've always wanted to use the Salamence's I got from booster packs but I never knew how to use it with my deck. So I finally have a Salamence deck that seems to kick butt! I used it against my brother and knocked out his Lv X. Hippowdon...twice! So here it is!

Pokemon (23)
Bagon x3 (Arceus) ---> Shelgon x2 (Arceus/Secret Wonders) ---> Salamence x2 (Stormfront)
Piplup x3 (Majestic Dawn/Platinum) ---> Prinplup x2 (Majestic Dawn/Platinum) ---> Empoleon x2 (Majestic Dawn/Stormfront)
Chimchar x3 (Majestic Dawn) ---> Monferno x2 (Majestic Dawn) ---> Infernape x2 (Majestic Dawn/Stormfront)
Snorlax x2 (Rising Rivals)

Trainers/Supporters/Tools (20)
Leftovers x1
Poke Radar x2
Bebe's Search x2
Luxury Ball x1
Cynthia's Guidance x2
Team Galactic's Mars x2
Roseanne's Research x4
Dusk Ball x1
Bucks Training x2
Rare Candy x1 (I need more for this deck but I don't have them right now)
Night Maintenance x2

Energy's (17)
9 Water
8 Fire

Salamence is my main sweeper especially if they have pokemon with 120hp plus because then I can use Steam Twister twice and most of the time that's a KO, if not combustion works fine. I don't want to keep Suicune because he's kind of useless I just put him there as a filler so I'm looking for a pokemon to get back the energy's from Salamence like Snorlax from Rising Rivals. Its a very powerful deck and I normally get everyone out quickly. I also know I need more Rare Candy's and I was also thinking of Night Maintenance but I only have 1 right now. Thanks for the rate :)

Pkmn_Collector
15th December 2009, 7:17 AM
ur deck is too bulky looking at it.u got 6 stage 2 pokes and only 1 candy.take out team galatic mars and put 2 more bebe's research in.

GalladeTheGreat
15th December 2009, 4:36 PM
Yeah like I said before I need more rare candy's for the deck because of all my stage 2's but I don't have them right now. Also when I used it before I was able to get all of them out at one point with one salemence in my discard pile. So I need another pokemon to replace suicune, any suggestions?

Nidoprince
15th December 2009, 4:38 PM
Put in Salamence Lv. X for sure, and take out both Mom's Kindness. You have one more slot, so do another Rare Candy or another Buck's Training/TG's Mars. Why have Mom's if you can have Buck's/Mars?

GalladeTheGreat
15th December 2009, 5:11 PM
Yeah I'm short on rare candy's at the moment, also I don't have any Salamence Lv. X but if someone would like to trade please Let me knoW!!!

Nidoprince
15th December 2009, 5:17 PM
Oh, you're not willing to buy/trade cards for your deck? It'd help to know what you have to put in then ;)

GalladeTheGreat
15th December 2009, 5:21 PM
I never said I wasn't haha, I love trading but i don't buy. Anyway, I'll make a list of cards I could use for my deck later today. Check out my haves in the meantime :P

Teleri(Squirtle)
15th December 2009, 5:21 PM
Nice deck I like it, I like it when people don't use lvl X's I think there a bit overated... Lol I can't think if much more to change...

GalladeTheGreat
15th December 2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks Teleri.

I've made some changes in bold to keep energy's coming especially with Salamence. I'm willing to replace Snorlax so if you kind find something good for me to use let me know!

Nidoprince
15th December 2009, 11:48 PM
I think there are some better Pokemon to use. What about Uxie? It's definatly a good fit for any deck.

GalladeTheGreat
16th December 2009, 12:05 AM
I could but I don't see it fitting into my deck, I need cards then can get me back the energy's I have lost especially from Salamence.

Nidoprince
16th December 2009, 12:19 AM
Then I'd reccomend Rhyperior Lv. X, but not with your deck...I'll let you know if I find something.

GalladeTheGreat
16th December 2009, 2:13 AM
Yes please do, if you have any cards that might help my deck, Rare Candy's etc and your willing to trade PM me asap :)

GreenAiden555
16th December 2009, 2:32 AM
Try Kyogre from Legend's Awaken. You can attach 2 water energy for your attack (for free), plus it deals damage to the bench. Couple that in with... Wait, I'm sorry, what was that? You don't have a SW Salamence in that deck?

ARE YOU NUTS?

GalladeTheGreat
16th December 2009, 2:37 AM
Thanks but I only have so many cards and Salamence SW isn't one of them. Like I keep saying I am willing to trade so let me know if anyone has a Kyogre or Salamence SW let me know, as well as some rare candy's. But I only collect 4th Gen cards so I'm iffy on Kyogre.

GreenAiden555
17th December 2009, 8:45 PM
Thanks but I only have so many cards and Salamence SW isn't one of them. Like I keep saying I am willing to trade so let me know if anyone has a Kyogre or Salamence SW let me know, as well as some rare candy's. But I only collect 4th Gen cards so I'm iffy on Kyogre.

You only collect 4th gen cards, yet you built a deck around Salamence....Hmmmm.

Do you go to league? Sally SW is a common holo, I must know of 5 diffrent people who have them.

GalladeTheGreat
18th December 2009, 12:55 PM
You only collect 4th gen cards, yet you built a deck around Salamence....Hmmmm.

Do you go to league? Sally SW is a common holo, I must know of 5 diffrent people who have them.

No I meant I only collect 4th gen sets starting from Diamond and Pearl, I never got into the 3rd gen sets. And no I unfortunately don't go to a league right now because there aren't any close by which really really sucks because right now I only have my brother to battle with but I've been wanting to battle with other players forever!

Lucario_X_Froslass
20th December 2009, 6:22 AM
Oh, nowai. You KOed a Hippowdon Lv.X. XP

Well, with other Salamence, this deck would work better. Ditch the SF ones and use 2 AR, 1 SW, and one Lv.X. It works really well that way lol. Sniping for 100 OHKOs tons of stuff with, most of the time, no previous set up. I'd just focus on one line of Pokemon. Infernape is best on its own with the lines you have here. Focus on that, come up with a list, and post it. I'll work on that. ^_^

~L_X_F

GalladeTheGreat
20th December 2009, 3:14 PM
Thanks but the problem is my only Salemence is the ones from Stormfront and as I have said multiple times I am willing to trade to get an LV.X or ones from SW, just PM me. What if I take out Empoleon and replace with more supporting pokemon? I don't have time today but I'll edit it and post before I leave from the 21st to the 28th :)