PDA

View Full Version : Shippy Things You Wish Would Have Happened in the Show.

Sonic Boom
16th December 2009, 3:40 AM
Long name, yes, but I couldn't think of an alternative.

We all experience it. You get attached to a certain shipping in the show, and you keep tabs on it and see how it develops. But even if the ship you like has gotten to as close to canon as it can be, you always find yourself thinking "it could have been even better if __________ happened..."

So I ask you, what are these fanfic-esque ideas that you wish could have been applied to any pairing in the show, Pokemon or otherwise? Should a certain episode have contained a bit more "oomph" in the shipping? Should it have had less, for some reason? Is there an angle in the shipping that you see, but it was never expanded upon? This also applies to ongoing ships, like Pearlshipping - is there something you'd like to see happen within reason, or was there an episode you wished had gone a different way?

And no, I don't mean "the ship should have been made canon."

For me, I would have really liked for that age-old idea of Pokeshipping to come true - that Ash should have given his old hat to Misty when they had to part ways. That would have seriously drove the point home that he really cares for her - it was the hat that he "sent a million postcards to win," after all. And considering he swapped hats right before AG without a second glance, I believe it would have been a heartwarming moment to symbolize Ash and Misty's friendship if he had given his most prized, inanimate, possession to her.

I also would have enjoyed a small 3-episode arc situated around "Misty Meets Her Match." There was so much potential for SatoKasu in that episode, what with a male suitor after Misty, that it could have been elaborated on (and possibly get some feedback with Ash) if the Trovita Island events had lasted longer. It could have been done easily too - have Ash lose the first match against Rudy, have him think over his strategy next episode, and after that, come close to losing a second time, with Misty giving Ash and Squirtle her vote of confidence there, and him finally winning the match. And all the while, Pokeshipping could be given hints left and right and get some sort of standing >D

I would have also thrilled for an episode where May and Harley interacted thoroughly, a la "Who, What, Where, Wynaut?" It could have invoked a deeper understanding of Harley's character, because anything dealing with Harley's character would have been incredible, and get May to realize how much she likes him a better side of Harley she never knew, for real. Fulfill my Cookieshipping crack, please.

Finally, more Morpheusshipping please. Such a cool ship, something that surprisingly made a comeback 10 episodes later......only to disappear off the face of the Earth for another hundred episodes. Thanks writers. Not a single reference since the Lickylicky episode. If I'm lucky, Angie will appear in the Sinnoh League Conference, hopefully. Angie could be a participant in the league with a Luxray, or she could go there and be part of the cheering section, complete with a cheerleader outfit, lol.

So, think about what you wish would have happened, perhaps should happen, and so on. This isn't intended to be some big debate over ideas, so don't make it so!

Mr. Joker
16th December 2009, 3:59 AM
I really really think that they could have expanded the Gible/Kotones Boyfriend epiode so that we could have gotten some more Kotone x Dawn action there. =3

Hihiroshi
16th December 2009, 4:22 AM
I wish they had made Shinji appear in the Iron Island episodes where we could have had some Bishieshipping moments . It would had been a great idea to see if Paul knew something about TG but damn if he appeared in there we would had some great Bishieshipping moments .

Vycksta
16th December 2009, 4:29 AM
I really really think that they could have expanded the Gible/Kotones Boyfriend epiode so that we could have gotten some more Kotone x Dawn action there. =3HOW could they have expanded it? Where exactly in the episodes could the writers have elaborated on to make Stockingsshipping seem a bit canon? Give little instances and explain further.

Seriously guys, i'm not excepting answers like this one for this topic. Elaborate by giving examples or don't post at all.

Toran Frostbite
16th December 2009, 5:48 AM
I wish they had made Shinji appear in the Iron Island episodes where we could have had some Bishieshipping moments . It would had been a great idea to see if Paul knew something about TG but damn if he appeared in there we would had some great Bishieshipping moments .
Except Barry was there. The moment Paul and Barry are canonically in the same space-read-episode...unless the point is Barry keeps /missing/ Paul, it would have been all about the ColdCoffeeness in place of any other interaction. Forget any other pairing, it would have been all about the ColdCoffee...probably to the point where even TG and Riley himself were overshadowed by the momentous occasion.

And then it would either become fully one-sided canon or flag into one-sided Collideshipping, the whole plot of the two episodes be damned.

....Which would have been awesome, but inappropriate for the mini-arc.

Personally, I'm good. ...No, I lie. I wish it had been Brock Paul ran into when they were all lost in the stone labyrinth, at the point Dawn ran into him. *tiny Hollowshipping penant* Brock wouldn't have annoyed him so much.

Yuppirox
16th December 2009, 6:36 AM
The Uxie episode had great potential for Pearlshipping, but sadly it wasn't big in there. We all know how Dawn tried to cheer Ash up by putting on a little circus/show with her Pokemon, and it DID cheer him up, but what really disappointed me was that Ash didn't even thank her or anything. I mean, Dawn gave it her all to help him out and not so much as a 'thank you' or anything to show he appreciated her kindness came out. Could've been wayyyy more shippier/better if TR hadn't came into the mix. :/

There are others, but that's one I've been bugged about for a long time now.

Mimori Kiryu
16th December 2009, 7:12 AM
I really, really, really freakin' wish that Contestshipping could've been confirmed in the canon series. Sure, we have the roses and we have the embarassment between the two, but I wanted a confirmation of what we all saw. I mean, to me, the writers really focused on the relationship between Drew and May but after a while, they kinda let it go since the series was moving on to Sinnoh and that Drew and May would no longer be in the show. They could've at least confirmed that May continued on to the Johto region to travel with Drew (and Harley, which would've worked out AMAZINGLY) and let us at least know that they cared about each other moreso than friends. We can interpret their relationship all we want and no matter how obvious the hints are, that's all they really are, hints. I love having a relationship like that, because it's cute and all, but GEEZ...before writing off characters that seem to have a semi romantic relationship, confirm what we all suspect. D:

/rant

adrenaline
16th December 2009, 8:13 AM
As much as I love the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later" I still think they could have made the AAML last the entire episode. I mean, the gang split up before the first commercial break. This is the original three, mind you.

Didn't help that 4Kids changed Misty's goodbye song. It's still nice on the surface though.

Mandi.
16th December 2009, 3:21 PM
I really, really, really freakin' wish that Contestshipping could've been confirmed in the canon series. Sure, we have the roses and we have the embarassment between the two, but I wanted a confirmation of what we all saw. I mean, to me, the writers really focused on the relationship between Drew and May but after a while, they kinda let it go since the series was moving on to Sinnoh and that Drew and May would no longer be in the show. They could've at least confirmed that May continued on to the Johto region to travel with Drew (and Harley, which would've worked out AMAZINGLY) and let us at least know that they cared about each other moreso than friends. We can interpret their relationship all we want and no matter how obvious the hints are, that's all they really are, hints. I love having a relationship like that, because it's cute and all, but GEEZ...before writing off characters that seem to have a semi romantic relationship, confirm what we all suspect. D:

/rant

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEEEEL. I wanted confirmation so bad too, ughgh. I guess the writers can still show us something if they ever show the two together again. :\

They gave us lots of CS, but I agree that there could have been a scene-or-whatever to show their feelings after all this, and how they feel. I mean, DUH we know they like each other, but fdkjjkjhgfjhgf.

Anyways. I wish they did something more with TG, y'know, just to end these stupid debates over them.
Mars running after Cyrus, and Saturn stopping her was CUUTEEEE, but ..wasn't really the real shippiness, rofl. Well it showed they care about each other in some way or another.
Showing how the commanders really felt about each other would have been nice (didn't have to be romance, but yeah)

Mars' creepy obsession with Cyrus and doesn't realize that Saturn wants her like WOOOAH. BUT EVERYONE WANTS MARS DUH

...APPEALSHIPPING.
Why did they just all of a sudden stop. Nozomi/Hikari. Was so good at the beginning of D/P. So many subtleness.
There's going to be the people that are all "EW THEY WON'T SHOW HOMOSEXUALITY IN POKEMON!! FFFFFFFFF" But honestly, ..you can't deny some of these things. Nozomi totally had the hots for Hikari. :P In the beginning at least. She kinda went off with Suzuna now though.
I just wish they continued the whole Nozomi/Hikari thing more, but what can you do..

There's so much more. Shippy me. Makes me so pumped. But it's too early, and I can't type lots. :x DON'T KILL ME ROFL>

junpearl63
16th December 2009, 4:13 PM
I wish that Contestshipping wouldn't end up like Pokeshipping but, meh, looks like it already did :/

Pokeshipping has been ignored since the writer abandon Misty in somewhere, and although I'm not a Pokeshipping fan, I say it's unfair. Now she only make a stupid cameo in DP series (that dumb lure).

Well, I thought Pearlshipping would be a great couple, especially since High Touch xD I wish that it would be a rival couple with Pokeshipping. Also, A little Pikachu x Piplup x Buneary wouldn't hurt.

Midnight Sun
16th December 2009, 9:47 PM
Here comes another Contestshipper. :o

Although I'm very grateful for the hints CS got, it still feels kinda unfinished. With all the roses, arguing, and the super awesome Kanto GF, the ending was a bit...lacking. I'm guessing a hug would've been too much, but it seems to fit. Then again, since I support Contestshipping, my opinion is very different from what others think. (I'm not saying the episode was bad, it was wonderful. The sunset was a nice touch. ;P)

I also agree that May should've made more conversation about her travels in Johto when she dropped in at Sinnoh. Some background after waiting a couple years would've been nice. Like if she and Drew are dating, that's an important fact. XD

And for my lovely crack-pairing, Gossipshipping, I wanted to see some sort of flashback of the contest Solidad was talking about. Just talking about what happened doesn't do it for me. D:

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th December 2009, 8:05 AM
Anyways. I wish they did something more with TG, y'know, just to end these stupid debates over them.
Mars running after Cyrus, and Saturn stopping her was CUUTEEEE, but ..wasn't really the real shippiness, rofl. Well it showed they care about each other in some way or another.
Showing how the commanders really felt about each other would have been nice (didn't have to be romance, but yeah)

Mars' creepy obsession with Cyrus and doesn't realize that Saturn wants her like WOOOAH. BUT EVERYONE WANTS MARS DUH

Oh you can't tell me that the three of them didn't all want Cyrus.

And that leads me to what I would have wanted to see, thanks to a fanart. Sort of a "We need you HERE!" thing. (http://juuchan17.deviantart.com/art/TG-Tiem-for-HUGGLES-143872619) Of course, his reaction in canon wouldn't be so kind (and Jupiter couldn't have been there), but it might have been enough to at least keep him back.

XxM!styxX
18th December 2009, 8:19 AM
I LOVE THIS THREAD! I HAVE SOOOOO MUCH TO SAY!!
Pokeshipping

I wish that Contestshipping wouldn't end up like Pokeshipping but, meh, looks like it already did :/

Pokeshipping has been ignored since the writer abandon Misty in somewhere, and although I'm not a Pokeshipping fan, I say it's unfair. Now she only make a stupid cameo in DP series (that dumb lure).
*nods avidly until her head falls off*

For me, I would have really liked for that age-old idea of Pokeshipping to come true - that Ash should have given his old hat to Misty when they had to part ways. That would have seriously drove the point home that he really cares for her - it was the hat that he "sent a million postcards to win," after all. And considering he swapped hats right before AG without a second glance, I believe it would have been a heartwarming moment to symbolize Ash and Misty's friendship if he had given his most prized, inanimate, possession to her.

I also would have enjoyed a small 3-episode arc situated around "Misty Meets Her Match." There was so much potential for SatoKasu in that episode, what with a male suitor after Misty, that it could have been elaborated on (and possibly get some feedback with Ash) if the Trovita Island events had lasted longer. It could have been done easily too - have Ash lose the first match against Rudy, have him think over his strategy next episode, and after that, come close to losing a second time, with Misty giving Ash and Squirtle her vote of confidence there, and him finally winning the match. And all the while, Pokeshipping could be given hints left and right and get some sort of standing >D
OMG I LOVE YOU!!! *GLOMPS* You are more than correct good sir.

Seriously--COME ON! Are the writers stupid? You put in a girl who builds up her feelings for this boy for FIVE SEASONS and then you just drop her like a used up tissue paper! What IS that?! I'd like to give them a piece of my mind! Ash definitely should've given Misty his hat, its the least he could've done (not like he did much with it later anyway!)

As much as I love the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later" I still think they could have made the AAML last the entire episode. I mean, the gang split up before the first commercial break. This is the original three, mind you.
I KNOW I KNOWW!! THey definitely dropped Misty (and brought in Brock again) like a bad joke! COME ONNNNNNNNNN DX this whole thing just gives me a headache thinking about it.

Pokeshipping. Pokemon 2000. You all remember how Misty saved Ash from drowning right? Well, I was expecting mouth to mouth, Ash getting all nervous, etc. Ash didn't even say thank you to her. What's up with that? She saved him and he didn't even say thank you. I know he's focused on the legendaries, but that scene could have been a lot better and more shippy.
Ash is so ungrateful! *tisks*

Contestshipping
We FINALLY get a ship that's almost canon and crazy cliche and what do the writers do? Have them go places together and THE END. Don't tell us anything, what happened, did they hook up, NONE of that! Come on, if there is a ship that anyone was hoping for it was Contest. Drew and May can't be any more obvious together. Lame producers. *scoffs*

Ikarishipping
You have the chick meet him once and they have a silly argument and it continues for a little while and its just dropped--AGAIN! These people need to get their heads straight. They make a plan, say they'll stick to it, then find a sparkly thing and drop the other like it never happened. WE THE VIEWERS KNOW IT HAPPENED! THATS WHAT RERUNS ARE FOR!!!

And... My final one:
MISTY DESERVES SOME RECOGNITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DX WHATS WITH THAT?? YOU DITCH THE CHICK LIKE A MINOR CHARACTER WHEN FROM THE BEGINNING THE PRODUCERS PLANNED HER TO BE ASH'S BABY MOMMA!!! ACHH

*sorry about all the caps :x I just made a sad AAML AMV so I'm pretty pumped*

Now the ultimate question is... Will Pokemon have any shippy canon in it by the end?
[s]We will never know.Actually--I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon just ended randomly because the writers got bored. WHO KNOWS ANYMORE, AFTER SEASON 4 THE SHOW LOST ANY COMMON SENSE. >.>

omniouswind
19th December 2009, 10:26 PM
Except Barry was there. The moment Paul and Barry are canonically in the same space-read-episode...unless the point is Barry keeps /missing/ Paul, it would have been all about the ColdCoffeeness in place of any other interaction. Forget any other pairing, it would have been all about the ColdCoffee...probably to the point where even TG and Riley himself were overshadowed by the momentous occasion.

And then it would either become fully one-sided canon or flag into one-sided Collideshipping, the whole plot of the two episodes be damned.

....Which would have been awesome, but inappropriate for the mini-arc.

This, so hard.
But I'm just going to have to continue to wait around for the day that Barry and Paul finally meet...

Also, back when I was a hardcore Contestshipper, I was hoping for something, anything, the last episode they were together. When they were watching the sunset together, there was so much potential for I dunno a hug? Some confirmation of feelings? And Harley, as much as I love him, just popped in and killed the moment.
Like...Contestshipping was so ridiculously close to being canon, and then I feel like it just left us with nothing. D:

Yeti
31st December 2009, 12:37 AM
Oh you can't tell me that the three of them didn't all want Cyrus.
You can considering Jupiter was obviously displeased to converse with him at the end of DP97. I don't think she's ever been shown to have any great desire for him in the anime or the games - she just thinks Pluto is worse.

I am quite content with the anime's level of shipping frankly I think the TG finale provided a sufficient amount of canonocity of Betelgeuseshipping proving it is undeniable as always. Also Jovianshipping was there 24/7 always trolloling at the episode, what a great! There was no evidence of any other ships so I am perfectly happy with the anime writers' decision to support Betelgeuse and Jovian in their upcoming 2012 election campaign.

I feel as though Contestshipping was given a fair amount of "we are all but buying a plane to write it in smoke in the sky it's canon" as its conclusion. I don't really think anyone can argue strongly the ship isn't canon at this point and I feel it was properly completed.

The only thing I'd like more of is Pokeshipping.. Dawn can leave the show at any time and Misty can rejoin it. Old Kanto was the undeniable best season of the show and a return to that style of writing would be greatly appreciated. Of course since this won't happen I will settle for Misty reappearing and some starry-eyed romantic lakeside moments with Ash.

Gazmof
31st December 2009, 1:37 AM
Even if you're not an Advanceshipper, I think it would be hard for you to say that they didn't deserve a better farewell between Ash and May at the end of the Kanto Battle Frontier arc. Instead we get Max running in the way whining about junk and completely ruining the moment. Ash was just like "oh we don't have any more episode time left so bye". We got the ribbon, yeah, but to be honest I would've rather seen the two of them actually have a long talk wishing each other luck, how much they would miss each other, etc. At least we got a couple of May episodes as a consolation prize, I guess. But even then it was mostly just so the writers could show off how they prefer Dawn more than May. Jackasses.

The other ship that I think got ripped off even worse is Luckshipping. Why didn't Brock stay with Lucy? It's not like he's even remotely useful in the show anymore. Who cares? What was the point of making Lucy's crush so blatant and then not acting on it? At all? It was all just a tease to annoy the crap out of you and make you feel like a moron for even thinking for a fleeting moment that they could retire a good character like Brock from the cast with some level of dignity.

S-Unit
10th January 2010, 7:36 AM
First time posting in a while here. I thought I wouldn't be coming back. Guess I was wrong :P

Nice thread you started here Sonic Boom. Yes, it would be nice to see some more Morpheousshipping sometime soon, perhaps during the championship episodes or something. At least Aoi came back and we got to see some more development with Morpheousshipping and some hints for future developments (Aoi's parents commenting about Satoshi and Aoi) unlike with Abilityshipping where we have two episodes with Lila, who then admits her feelings for Satoshi, and then nothing afterwards to develop on that.

To WGCV23, Toran Frostbite, and TRO while some Bishieshipping moments would be nice to see (so Mel-Girl and I and others can fangirl over them), I do agree, the minute that Jun and Shinji share screentime, we will see some ColdCoffeeshippyness, as we can see in the new Japanese OP with Jun's hand being suspiciously close to Shinji's behind XD although how they would meet in the anime and what you would have done differently would be a good topic if/when they do meet up.

And of course, I wish they would have put some Aerialshipping hints in the show in the Kidnapped Riolu episodes. Granted, the shoulder-touching was somewhat shippy enough, but a little more (esp. on Hajime's part) would have made this fanboi happier than winning the lottery.

HomosexualGuitar
10th January 2010, 2:53 PM
I've always wanted more scenes where Satoshi and Shigeru were friends instead of rivals. Because until Shigeru gives up the idea of being a Pokemon master and becomes a researcher instead the two are bitter rivals with very few scenes were we see how good friends they are.

Although I guess the lack of interaction makes the scenes where Shigeru does meet up with the gang a bit more squee-filled.

Ludi-Cola
10th January 2010, 10:54 PM
Agreed. I'm not even a big Palletshipper but that AG flashback was adorable where little Ash & Gary went to the movies (Ash stared at the screen wide-eyed, Gary looks bored... probly thinking how cliche the plot is).
One of my biggest disappoint was in the Kanto BF. Ash finally met Agatha (my fave E4 member and the funniest in-game). Instead of being a scowling spinster embitter by Prof. Oak choosing research over rivalry, she's polite-- even thanking Ash for helping her w/ the groceries. The anime's gotten better at game references and portrayals but I still feel that was a missed op. I'm a sucker for comedic one-sided crushes.
I miss the Chronicles. They seemed the best place for romantic subplots b/c the plots empathese chara growth more than being action driven (even Sakura's battle for the Cascade Badge was more abt Misty raising the Cerulean Gym reputation while cementing Sakura's growth from unsure kid sister to confident trainer). I think a side ep focusing on May, Draw, and Harley for good measure would make many shippers happy.