PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Deck

palingensia
17th December 2009, 12:31 PM
Having not played the TCG for many, many years, I wonder how this deck I put together today would fare in the eyes of SPPfers.

Pokemon (16):
Stage 2:
[1] Kabutops A-4
[1] Kabutops MD-6
[1] Kabutops LM-7
[2] Omastar A-23
Stage 1:
[3] Aerodactyl A-13
[1] Aerodactyl MD-15
[2] Kabuto A-67
[1] Kabuto LM-36
[1] Kabuto MD-6
[1] Omanyte A-70
[1] Omanyte MD-69
[1] Omanyte LM-60
Basic:
[1] Unown G GE-57

Trainers (20):
[4] Dome Fossil
[4] Helix Fossil
[4] Old Amber
[2] Mysterious Fossil
[2] Master Ball
[2] Palmer's Contribution
[2] Professor Oak's Visit
[2] Master Ball
[4] Rare Candy
[2] Roseanne's Research
[2] Super Scoop Up

Energy (24):
[9] Fighting Energy
[6] Water Energy

Pretty much the gist of this deck is I saw a few of the new Kabutops/Omastar cards, and liked how they had a sort of synergy together. As you'll note, the only Pokemon in this deck are fossils. I'm unsure about energy balance, and trainers, but from what cards I could be bothered reading these ones looked like they'd be helpful. I think I could do with some healing, but I'm not sure. Help away people.

GalladeTheGreat
18th December 2009, 4:59 PM
Aerodactyl (Arceus) x4, get those fossils out onto your bench that way. Also you only need like 15 energy's so take out a bunch and sub in some more trainers like Roseanne's Research, Luxury Ball and maybe even some Rare Candy's. Also get 4 of each fossil in there and run a 4-3-2 or a 3-2-2 whichever you prefer.

palingensia
19th December 2009, 4:27 AM
Updated list, I had updated it on the same day I posted this but forgot to change it here.

I'll run 3 Aerodactyl (A), because Aerodactyl (MD) is so good for burning Claydol and other techs like that. I'm not sure about Snowpoint Temple though, it protects my fossils with +20 HP but that might not be enough. =/ I'm only going to run 2 Mysterious Fossil because I have one Kabuto/Omanyte that needs it and they don't give bonuses like Helix/Dome/Amber.

Lucario_X_Froslass
20th December 2009, 5:05 AM
lol IMO, Kabutops in unneeded. Just abuse the fossil rule and do about 100 damage T2. It's easy. lol Only issue is that you'd need big draw power that you don't seem to have. XP

~L_X_F

biggy
20th December 2009, 1:40 PM
if you want to play this deck in officiel limited tournaments, you may only use cards from DP -> ... (currently Arceus)