PDA

View Full Version : Honchy Call Modified

Nidoprince
23rd December 2009, 4:19 AM
Hey all, this is a deck I made out of all the Dark cards I have. Note that they are rare, especially the energies, so in the end most of the cards I had to choose were Trainers. I have no idea what to look out for in the future though, so don't worry if it's a super rare, now I know I should get it!

Pokemon (14):

Honchkrow (Mysterious Treasures 10/123)
Mightyena x2(Platinum 54/127)
Sableye (Secret Wonders 63/132)
Sableye (Stormfront 48/100)
Honchkrow G x3 (Platinum 77/127)
Murkrow x2(Secret Wonders 95/132)
Poochyena x3(Platinum 86/127)
Poochyena (Legends Awakened 116/146)

Trainers (11):

Warp Point
Great Ball x2
Potion x4
Super Scoop Up x3
Luxury Ball

Supporters (18):

Professor Oak's Visit
Palmer's Contribution
Looker's Investigation x2
Marley's Request x2
Underground Expedition x2
Aaron's Collection x2
Lucian's Assignment x2
Mom's Kindness x2
Professor Rowan x2
Bebe's Search x2

Stadium (1):

Moonlight Stadium

Tool (1):

Bubble Coat

Energy (16):

Dark x6
Special Dark x4
Cyclone x5
Warp

Strategy:

Well, in the beginning of the game when I draw 7 cards, I won't get many Pokemon, but a ton of trainers. I'll use those to set up my game easily. It will wipe out my hand and my deck easily though, making my deck very vunerable to Wind Erosion on Flygon Lv. X. But, what will make everything even more easy is that if I draw 2 searchers or Murkrow and Honchkrow, I can evolve it right away, which makes the first turn the set up round. And, another strategy is this: If I attatch an extra Cyclone Energy, I can use Lucian's Assignment to move the energy over to another Pokemon once it's already used.

Teleri(Squirtle)
23rd December 2009, 10:36 AM
That is nice! :)
I really like it,
there's a good choice of cards there.
I would probably swap the potions for something else... I will post some ideas later :)
but I like it :)

;007;

Nidoprince
23rd December 2009, 1:11 PM
I was thinking of getting more Palmer's Contribution because even though that's only putting cards from your discard pile to your deck, it helps out a lot, especially against Flygon Lv. X users. All those trainers help set up my game easily, (That's why it's called Honchy Call) but they make my deck short on cards quickly. So another Palmer's would help that. Also, Potion is there because every single Pokemon has 90 HP or less, so unlike other bulky decks, Potion actually helps. The thing I don't like is energy search. All I could find was those energy, so mabye I should lower it to 2 since half of those would be in my prize cards. I'll update the strategy that goes with it now.

EDIT: Exchanged 2 Memory Berries for Flint's Willpower and another Super Scoop Up.

Teleri(Squirtle)
23rd December 2009, 3:12 PM
I think you shold switch out Energy Search x2 and put in another Palmer's Contribution and one ... erm. i dont know what else at the moment but i will have a look later. :)

;007;

Nidoprince
23rd December 2009, 3:52 PM
Alright, I'll get those 3 SV tins (Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Charizard) in hopes of pulling another Palmer's, and then the Energy Search will be exchanged for a Warp Energy and something else. The problem is something the exact opposite of what most of us have. Example: "All my cards are too good, I don't know what to take out for my super awesome new Lv. X!!!" but I'd be saying "All my cards are so junky that I have to fill in the whole half of the deck with Trainers and Supporters!!!" In return, my deck runs out of cards very easily. That's why I think I should even have more Palmer's.

EDIT: UPDATE! Lots of changes, so I won't list them all. Watch for them!