PDA

View Full Version : EOS: What pokemon did YOU get?

Rhyperior vs. Sharpedo
24th December 2009, 10:44 AM
I was wondering, who did you get for Explorers of Sky?
I want to know if a majority of people had got the same pokemon.
I got a Phanpy. What about YOU?

Excitable Boy
24th December 2009, 6:00 PM
I got Turtwig on my first try, but restarted and got Totodile on the second.

talala
24th December 2009, 9:56 PM
riolu, partner vulpix

Torpoleon
25th December 2009, 12:23 AM
I got Shinx with a partner of Cyndaquil. It is a pretty good combo actually. I wanted Turtwig and Cyndaquil, but couldn't get Turtwig.

Jaypaw
25th December 2009, 12:50 AM
tehee I got a skitty and a riolu for a partner I think those two are a awesome combo

cerise
25th December 2009, 7:20 AM
I turned out to be of the Jolly nature so I ended up with Eevee. As for my partner, I chose Pikachu.

GreatJenny
25th December 2009, 9:49 AM
I got Eevee with Phanpy.

Silverninetails
25th December 2009, 2:23 PM
I actually answered honestly...and got Eevee. I named it after my friend though, and chose Riolu for a partner.

xdragonx
25th December 2009, 3:26 PM
I always seem to get Charmander on all the PMD quizzes when I answer honestly.

But I'm a terrible person and rigged the Sky quiz so that I would get Eevee. >>; And Shinx is my Partner.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
25th December 2009, 6:10 PM
After 3 resets I finally was a Pikachu. I chose Piplup as my partner.

Little Wishling
25th December 2009, 7:00 PM
I answered all the questions randomly and got an eevee. My partner is riolu. It was my first try. Be happy for me.

Illusione-Tempus
26th December 2009, 4:42 AM
Well I actually got Vulpix at my first try, but because I was soooo itching to try it out with my MD2 starters again, I SR 'til I got what I wanted...

Attained another copy of PMD Sky (which is my bro's, he's not a PMD freak), answered honestly and got Eevee... which is the second time I actually obtained it, first time being Eevee at Red Rescue Team, game got corrupted... ;_;

Torosiken
26th December 2009, 2:07 PM
1st try :
squirtle
then pikachu
then... psyduck..
then.. skitty

Skull-Kid
28th December 2009, 3:28 PM
I got this on my first try:

Me: Riolu
Partner: Phanpy

Anyone who doesn't think Phanpy is cute has no soul. NO SOUL!

john stewart
28th December 2009, 3:30 PM
I got phanpy ^_^ ;231;

Kitty Aruseus
28th December 2009, 3:57 PM
I kept resetting until I got a Riolu. I know. I hate the other new starters besides Shinx, and he's my partner in crime. (not really. Just my partner)

Lorde
29th December 2009, 9:10 AM
Took me quite a while, but I finally got Riolu as my main Pokemon and my partner Pokemon is Vulpix.

Nibbles4Ever
29th December 2009, 7:09 PM
I always get or try and get totodile and my partner this time is vulpix but the first time I got shinx.

HookShot
29th December 2009, 7:17 PM
I got a Riolu on my first try. Thank goodness for it. In Explorers of Time I wasted a whole day on getting a starter so getting Riolu on the first try was great. And I went with a Vulpix as a partner. Awesome stuff.

Connorspace
31st December 2009, 12:16 AM
I got Riolu on my 1st try.
But I knew around 70% of EOS players would get him / Keep resetting till they got him

So I took it again, and got Shinx

Purplepassion
31st December 2009, 1:33 AM
I answered the questions truthfully and got Vulpix with Riolu as my partner. Chances are that everyone else would get the opposite. >.<

GameBoy911
31st December 2009, 3:06 AM
It took a couple of shots but finally got charmander, first was going for a eevee to be espeon later on, didn't know you had to be a girl.

The_Shuppeteer_
31st December 2009, 3:39 AM
I reset until I got a Vulpix, then chose Riolu as my partner. Yay for Team Guardians! (...Yes, I actually named my rescue team that.)

Rhyperior vs. Sharpedo
31st December 2009, 8:42 AM
Wanna know my partner? it was a Riolu. I'm pretty good but I can't beat Upper Steam Cave.

Extreme Floatzel
31st December 2009, 11:23 PM
I got a shinx,

For my partner, I chose a Vulpix :D

Yellow Aura
2nd January 2010, 12:42 AM
I actually answered honestly the first time, got lucky and got the Pokemon I wanted, a Riolu, with an Eevee as my partner.

Deli
2nd January 2010, 12:59 PM
I got Eevee on my first try with Pikachu for a partner.

surfer treecko
2nd January 2010, 1:06 PM
I got Shinx, first time, and I answered honestly.

I got Vulpix as a partner, and Lotad & Trapinch for team-mates.

Birds of Paradise
8th January 2010, 12:39 AM
Just started Sky. I answered honestly and I got eevee! (which is what I wanted ^-^, I wanted to try being neutral for a change). I chose piplup as my partner (was going to go with squirtle, but I had squirtle as a partner in Red Rescue, so I wanted someone I've never used before).

As to why I didn't want riolu, well, I recruited him and got to lucario in PMD2, took a lot of effort getting those gummi's, I don't feel like going through that again.

Viiinc
8th January 2010, 4:52 PM
I answered truthfully and got I Riolu, wich I wanted. I restarted it and got a Riolu again. First time I took chimchar as partner, because I was a chimchar in darkness. Second time I chose squirtle, becaues it always was my partner.

Blazios
8th January 2010, 7:46 PM
The first time I answered honestly... and got Riolu.
The second time I answered honestly... and got Riolu. Again.
The third time I got Shinx, but I quickly realised that Rivalry can really hinder it, so I decided to reset again.
The fourth time, I got Riolu, so gave in and picked Munchlax as a partner due to Zen Headbutt.

Mr 108
8th January 2010, 11:16 PM
1st time I got Bulbasaur and chose a Charmander.
2nd time I got Riolu and chose a Totodile.

vitorml
9th January 2010, 12:52 AM
riolu, 'cause i never tried it with him, and i'm doing great.(i've beaten dialga easily)

Indy
10th January 2010, 12:58 AM
I answeared Truthfuly on the questions. I came out as a Riolu.
My Partner is a Shinx.

Viiinc
10th January 2010, 11:11 AM
It seems that most of the people get the new starters. Especially Riolu is pretty common.

VertigoVaporeon
10th January 2010, 4:17 PM
I answered the questions honestly and got Eevee. Riolu is my partner. :3

It seems that the opposite is true for most people. xD

zandgaia
10th January 2010, 4:54 PM
Riolu = Me

Phanpy = Partner

But Phanpy sucks, so I ditched it for a Vulpix :3

McIntyre
10th January 2010, 5:03 PM
I took me a while, but I eventually got a Vulpix and chose Eevee for a partner. The first time around, I got a Bulbasaur I think.

Giblie
11th January 2010, 1:45 AM
On my first try I got Turtwig when I answered honestly. I answered honestly the seond time too and I got Vulpix, the one I wanted. My partner is Turtwig.

Dragon Booster90
11th January 2010, 1:51 AM
On my 1st try when I answered the questions honestly, I got Vulpix; the pokemon I wanted and my partner is Treecko; to me treecko is cute in PMD. ;037; ;252;

(s.i.e)
11th January 2010, 11:41 AM
i dunno, i tried it a few times on a friend's game and first i got a totodile and then treecko, i don't know how this thing is working but all i want is a riolu, are there any lists or guides that might help getting certain characters?

Viiinc
11th January 2010, 7:10 PM
You can see all of this here: http://www.serebii.net/dungeonsky/starter.shtml
And you can only get it if you said you have played mystery dungeon time/darkness before.

Esteban252
11th January 2010, 7:28 PM
Riolu, and partner Pikachu, im my 1st try :)

terminoob
11th January 2010, 11:06 PM
Answered honestly.... Got Treecko, with Cyndaquil as my partner.

Splapp
12th January 2010, 10:18 PM
PHANPY FTW

Phanpy was my starter, and ;258; was my partner. i liek them ^^

TheLupineOne
12th January 2010, 11:32 PM
I answered honestly. I don't want to lie.

I be Charmander. Violet Aura.
My partner was Shinx. Planning for the future, I knew that one day Voltaire would grow to be a fully fledged Luxray!

DarkerShining
14th January 2010, 7:39 PM
When I first started the game, I got Eevee on my first try. My partner is a Riolu.

Koridojo_Blaziken
15th January 2010, 3:49 AM
I came up as Vulpix on the first try, with an orange aura.

TBH, I was kinda crushed that they went back to gender specifics--I didn't get to be a Riolu! T_T But, hey, I'm not gonna whine, Vulpix goes very cutely with Riolu as a partner. :)

starwars
18th January 2010, 11:12 AM
first i got chimchar then i retook the test and got riolu and my partner is charmander

Onyx Umeki
18th January 2010, 6:49 PM
phanphy & Riolu :]

jtd
18th January 2010, 7:00 PM
Without cheating, on the first try, a Riolu. Bulbasaur is my partner.

Lempika
19th January 2010, 5:52 AM
Well it's not really cheating or lying, more like, 'Changing it to the way you want it to be'

I got Phanpy! And chose Riolu as my partner, but I decided I didn't want Riolu since he is probably one of the most popular right now, so I restarted and got Phanpy again, then chose Vulpix.

junpearl63
19th January 2010, 3:38 PM
I got Eevee, although I restart and try to get a Vulpix, with a Shinx partner. My English version, I got Pikachu and Riolu instead.

Ash-kid
19th January 2010, 3:45 PM
I got a Phanpy in my first time. and for my partner, it was Riolu.

Pingouin7
21st January 2010, 4:29 AM
I followed a Mystery Dungeon Sky quiz FAQ to make sure I got Charmander.

Oh, and by the way, did you know answering yes at "Did you play Explorers of Time or Darkness?" made you more likely to recruit Pokémon?

That's what I've heard. Anyone bother to check in the game's coding if that's true?

Sapphire Phoenix
21st January 2010, 10:57 PM
The first time I went through it, I got Skitty. I have nothing against Skitty, but I wanted something different, so I tried it again (while still answering questions truthfully). The second time I got Eevee, so I went with that *was aiming to be Totodile again*. I picked Riolu as my partner.

Mudkip8003
21st January 2010, 11:38 PM
First time I did the quiz truthfully I got a Treecko, but I wanted Riolu bad. I tried again truthfully and I did get a Riolu! I got a Viridian Aura and I chose my partner to be a Pikachu. Hice, huh?

mewfanforlife
22nd January 2010, 12:01 AM
I got Riolu without using any guide and chose Shinx as my partner. I wanted it to be the other way though.

The Tail
22nd January 2010, 9:22 PM
I got a Shinx, which is who I wanted to be, with my partner, a Vulpix.

caterpie2
23rd January 2010, 5:51 PM
i got chickorita on my first try but reset to get treecko, and squirtle as my partner.

Nightlingbolt
23rd January 2010, 6:25 PM
Shinx as a hero, and Vulpix as a partner. I would've picked Eevee as a partner, but I was curious as to what Egg Move Vulpix got, and I was pretty satisfied with Faint Attack. My only problem with Shinx is Rivalry, which makes its physical attacks weaker against female Pokemon, which make up the near entirety of the enemies on the even-numbered floors.

Oh, and nothing against Phanpy, but IT SUCKS! All it learns are Normal-type moves, and it's a freaking Ground-type, which ruins it in the game's many Water-type dungeons.

Extreme Floatzel
23rd January 2010, 6:32 PM
Shinx as a hero, and Vulpix as a partner. I would've picked Eevee as a partner, but I was curious as to what Egg Move Vulpix got, and I was pretty satisfied with Faint Attack. My only problem with Shinx is Rivalry, which makes its physical attacks weaker against female Pokemon, which make up the near entirety of the enemies on the even-numbered floors.

Oh, and nothing against Phanpy, but IT SUCKS! All it learns are Normal-type moves, and it's a freaking Ground-type, which ruins it in the game's many Water-type dungeons.

It's EXACTLY the same for me, the eevee and everything xD

FrenzyClinic
24th January 2010, 3:14 PM
Turtwig, Turtwig, Turtwig, PHANPY.
I hate the random quizzes.

Phanpy doesn't suck that much.
It has great defenses which make up for it's lack of a moveset.
It's also equipped with AncientPower, which is useful.

But my partner, Riolu, is a friggin' beast with a Bite to boot. Slap on a Power Band and watch the enemies crumble.
It's usual damage dealt is around 170-180 around level 40. Helped me take down Dialga and Palkia within 10 turns.

talala
24th January 2010, 8:42 PM
Turtwig, Turtwig, Turtwig, PHANPY.
I hate the random quizzes.

Phanpy doesn't suck that much.
It has great defenses which make up for it's lack of a moveset.
It's also equipped with AncientPower, which is useful.

But my partner, Riolu, is a friggin' beast with a Bite to boot. Slap on a Power Band and watch the enemies crumble.
It's usual damage dealt is around 170-180 around level 40. Helped me take down Dialga and Palkia within 10 turns.

my riolu helped me waste both of them in 5 turns each with brick break, force palm, and dig :P

LordVK12
25th January 2010, 4:14 PM
i got cyndaquil with pikachu as my partner and i got through the chapters in about 2 days so im happy

Flygon44
25th January 2010, 5:04 PM
I got Riolu, with a Vyulpix Partner. I liked it, but later restarted as a Treeko, my favourite, with a Torchic.
Pity, though, cos as a Rilu I killed Primal Dialga In 3 hits.

That one guy
25th January 2010, 9:19 PM
Got Turtwig then Cyndaquil, then rigged it and got Eevee and chose Shinx as my partner.

xdragonx
31st January 2010, 11:03 PM
Got Turtwig then Cyndaquil, then rigged it and got Eevee and chose Shinx as my partner.

xD;; I also rigged the quiz for Eevee as my Hero Pokemon and chose Shinx as my Partner.

Poor Phanpy! (Everyone seems to hate him...) He does get Ancient Power as an Egg Move, though. And when he evolves into Donphan, he's able to learn Thunder and Fire Fang. Not too bad.

talala
31st January 2010, 11:25 PM
xD;; I also rigged the quiz for Eevee as my Hero Pokemon and chose Shinx as my Partner.

Poor Phanpy! (Everyone seems to hate him...) He does get Ancient Power as an Egg Move, though. And when he evolves into Donphan, he's able to learn Thunder and Fire Fang. Not too bad.

everyone cries about the phanpy part cuz you have to do the main story with him >_>

xdragonx
31st January 2010, 11:34 PM
everyone cries about the phanpy part cuz you have to do the main story with him >_>

In that case, it's understandable.
Hmm... I find it a real let-down that Phanpy's Ground-type and can't even learn Dig. =|
Eevee's similar; it's a little bit of a pain doing the main storyline with her. Especially if she's the Partner with the Run Away ability. (But Eevee can learn Dig and Shadow Ball, which help redeem her a little, right?)

NAEWIG
1st February 2010, 12:06 AM
I got turwig, asweeing it the right way.

talala
1st February 2010, 12:14 AM
In that case, it's understandable.
Hmm... I find it a real let-down that Phanpy's Ground-type and can't even learn Dig. =|
Eevee's similar; it's a little bit of a pain doing the main storyline with her. Especially if she's the Partner with the Run Away ability. (But Eevee can learn Dig and Shadow Ball, which help redeem her a little, right?)
yeah, i guess

I got turwig, asweeing it the right way.
me and you both answered the right way, unlike some people here... (riolu is my truthful pokemon...)

GolemGuy
1st February 2010, 2:29 AM
While trying for a Mudkip (Phanpy as secondary), I got some lousy starter like Turtwig or Riolu. Retry.

I then got Phanpy. Ok. Chose Mudkip as partner.

GIR7590
1st February 2010, 7:58 AM
I answered honestly and got Mudkip... Again. No complaints as I like Mudkips, it's just odd I'd get that again. (I also had that in EoT)

Chose Pikachu as a partner... Figured I may as well. :P

JamesRaynor
1st February 2010, 8:19 AM
Riolu, whilst answering honestly.

Turbo_Dee
3rd February 2010, 11:24 PM
I got a bulbasaur and I chose eevee as a partner.

Glass Coyote
7th February 2010, 5:29 AM
I answered honestly and got Totodile, then tried it again (still with honest answers) and got Shinx, which I was happier with. I chose Vulpix as a partner.

Nibbles4Ever
7th February 2010, 3:52 PM
I'm squirtle and cyndaquil is my partner.

Dremare
17th February 2010, 4:07 AM
Whenever I answer honestly, I get a Mudkip.
This is annoying when I'm trying to get Shinx. I thought that the personality quiz was completely random, believe it or not. ^^'

flygonabsol99
17th February 2010, 4:24 AM
i wanted shinx and riolu,or phanpy and riolu,but i ended up with totodile and riolu.which is fine by me,cause totodile and riolu are awsome against groudon

SilverLanayru
17th February 2010, 8:21 AM
I got Charmander on my first try, and tbh, I've always been getting Charmander on my first try in the other PMD games even though I've been very truthful with my answers. I didn't mind being Charmander anyway, especially since it's one of my favorite fire starters. :] As for my partner, I chose Piplup.

Chibi_Muffin
22nd February 2010, 5:12 PM
I became Bulbasaur on my first try, however I wanted Chikorita as a partner so I tried again. I got Vulpix that time, which was good.

suicune lover
27th February 2010, 9:45 PM
When I awnsered that I had played PMDEOT before, I kept getting Eevee and Vulpix. But when I didn't I got alsorts like Pikachu, Squirtle and something else. In the end, I stuck with Cyndaquila dn my partner as Chikortita (Sandy and Sweet x3)

Forever&Always
27th February 2010, 10:00 PM
I kept getting Riolu and Phanpy. So I got Squirtle and Shinx.

Pikasaur
28th February 2010, 5:44 AM
most of my trys i got eevee or vulpix, finally went for pikachu and a phanpy

phanpy rocks ^_^

serebiifreak
28th February 2010, 11:05 PM
First was treecko I think. But i wanted riolu cause i like Lucario. =P