View Full Version : Should I evolve?

Red Charizard
24th December 2009, 3:42 PM
Well, of course I want a powerful team, but is it really all that good?

I feel that if I evolve, I take away a huge chunk of the story line of the game. You've been the same 2 Pokemon for the entire game, I'd be a little upset if I evolved.

24th December 2009, 8:07 PM
The stat increases from evolving are really negligible, and only the starters that gain an extra type upon evolving get much of a benefit in regards to their movesets, but even that isn't all that important, seeing as you eventually get to a point where your moves will OHKO practically everything regardless of type match-ups.

24th December 2009, 8:13 PM
I personally wouldn't.

I miss seeing my pokemon actually falling asleep.

EDIT: Just to clarify, only the pokemon you can start with have sprites for sleeping. The evolved forms... just walk in place as the screen fades to black.

24th December 2009, 8:16 PM
i pretty much only evolve my pokemon if i want to get good iq abilities or if i just think they would look cooler that way

24th December 2009, 8:54 PM
if your starter/partner is riolu, definitely, his moveset isn't what i expected it would be, lukario is way better, and it has more than quick attack, force palm, and bite xD

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
30th December 2009, 4:55 PM
Well you will be stronger. But if you like what your Pokemon look like now then don't evolve it. In Explorers of Time I evolved my Munchlax and I got more HP.