PDA

View Full Version : Should I evolve?

Red Charizard
24th December 2009, 3:42 PM
Well, of course I want a powerful team, but is it really all that good?

I feel that if I evolve, I take away a huge chunk of the story line of the game. You've been the same 2 Pokemon for the entire game, I'd be a little upset if I evolved.

Rakurai
24th December 2009, 8:07 PM
The stat increases from evolving are really negligible, and only the starters that gain an extra type upon evolving get much of a benefit in regards to their movesets, but even that isn't all that important, seeing as you eventually get to a point where your moves will OHKO practically everything regardless of type match-ups.

BlitzBlast
24th December 2009, 8:13 PM
I personally wouldn't.

I miss seeing my pokemon actually falling asleep.

EDIT: Just to clarify, only the pokemon you can start with have sprites for sleeping. The evolved forms... just walk in place as the screen fades to black.

Nixoth
24th December 2009, 8:16 PM
i pretty much only evolve my pokemon if i want to get good iq abilities or if i just think they would look cooler that way

talala
24th December 2009, 8:54 PM
if your starter/partner is riolu, definitely, his moveset isn't what i expected it would be, lukario is way better, and it has more than quick attack, force palm, and bite xD

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
30th December 2009, 4:55 PM
Well you will be stronger. But if you like what your Pokemon look like now then don't evolve it. In Explorers of Time I evolved my Munchlax and I got more HP.