PDA

View Full Version : VenusFly Trap Deck(Modified)

Poke_Mania97
28th December 2009, 5:30 PM
Hi! The deck mainly focuses on Flygon RR and Venusaur SV, with the help f the legendary Mewtwo.

Deck:
X3 Bulbasaur SV
X2 Ivysaur SV
X1 Venusaur SV
X3 Trapinch RR
X2 Vibrava RR
X1 Flygon RR
X1 Mewtwo LA
X1 Mewtwo Lv.X
X1 GIBLE MT
X1 GABITE MT
X1 GARCHOMP MT
Energys:
X5 Psycic
x15 Grass

T/S
2× Cyrus's Initiative
2× Bebe's Search
2× Night Teleporter
2× Energy Search
2× Switch
1× Aaron's Collection
2× Bebe's Search
2× Felicity's Drawing
2× Volkner's Philosophy
1x Cynthia's Feelings
1x Roseanne's Research
1x Buck's Training
x3 Potion

Poke_Mania97
28th December 2009, 5:34 PM
the whole reason of flygon is to make the retreat cost of my othr pokemon for free. it also can use its power sting very good. garchomp is a back up incase, it can then do 110 damage if the pokemon is weak to to grass energys

Lucario_X_Froslass
28th December 2009, 11:18 PM
This deck gives FlyTrap a bad name. XP BTW, FlyTrap is Flygon+Trapinch SW+Memory Berry.

1-1-1 Garchomp=Trash
Why Pyramid lines? They're horrible. XP
If Flygon is for free retreat, put in 2 Switch and 4 Warp Point. They'll be easier to get than a Pyramid Flygon... XP
Cyrus's initiative=Trash
Energy Search=Trash
Add in Uxie and Claydol. They're league promos now.
I really don't know wut to say. The Pokemon in here are trashy... XP

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
29th December 2009, 11:32 AM
look i cantput any of that in! i not changing it. and i dont care what u think of the namee, i made it! that dint help at all...

Light Venusaur
29th December 2009, 12:23 PM
Take out the Land Sharks...and in 1/1/1 Flygon & a Flygon Lv.X

Poke_Mania97
29th December 2009, 12:53 PM
soz i dont have a flygon lv x but i can take out the gible family. i can put in garchomp c and c lv x?

Lucario_X_Froslass
29th December 2009, 7:10 PM
>.>; Why Garchomp C if you don't run SPs? There's no synergy here. What are you trying to do!?

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
29th December 2009, 9:42 PM
well i dont think i need any sps!

Poke_Mania97
29th December 2009, 9:43 PM
i mean sp energys soz

Poke_Mania97
29th December 2009, 9:43 PM
and in not making this deck anymore :(

GreenAiden555
30th December 2009, 3:35 AM
Add in Uxie and Claydol. They're league promos now.
I really don't know wut to say. The Pokemon in here are trashy... XP

How about instead of giving the standard overused crap you give a tip to help the deck to go along with the theme? ... XP

I really like the idea. I would have to say go 4-4-4 for the Venu line. They're not really that hard to find, since it comes with the Arcanine deck. Or, if you wanna try out a nasty combo, go 4 SW Bulba, 4 SV Ivy, and 2 SW and 2 SV Venu.

See if you can't tech in something like a Regice to switch around you opponent's basics to abuse Mewtwo X.

As for Flygon, I I like the idea, but I just don't know. Maybe go 3-2-2 with it. And, again, not that hard to find, 'cause I think it comes with the Rhyperior 4 deck.

Also, look into Multi energy. Might help you out in a situation when you need it.

Poke_Mania97
30th December 2009, 8:53 PM
oh now i am making it again:)

Poke_Mania97
30th December 2009, 8:55 PM
and greenaiden is right! dont give me no trash talk or to me thats spam!

and i cant get that venusaur and flygon line, its staying like this. im not really gonna use it as my main. im making a new deck soon wit rhyperior 4,hippowdon,lucario etc

Lucario_X_Froslass
31st December 2009, 4:54 AM
XP I don't even get it! I don't understand the theme. Flygon with Venusaur? Why? XP KO Dialga for status removal? Venusaur for like...3 Status that you may not even pull off? I have no clue... And I'm giving the "standard overused crap" 'cuz it would help him do whatever he wants to do. >.>; You'd prolly admit that.

Making the lines beefier would help, but since you said no, well...IDK wut to say. Why are you posting this if you don't mod it?

~L_X_F

Poke_Mania97
31st December 2009, 11:41 AM
shouldnt you RATE IT. like giving it a score out of 10. btw im not even gonna use this.

Liriane
31st December 2009, 5:14 PM
Hi! Your sp ideas were good (i'd reccomend scizor 4 if you have him) but I think that you should get rid of the landsharks. maybe, if you have the cards, do flygon, venesuar, and sp's(just an idea) if you're gonna keep mewtwo, put more psychic energy, id say 10 and 10
overall, i'd say your deck is a 7/10
hope that helps!

Lucario_X_Froslass
31st December 2009, 7:19 PM
Oh. You want a rate...?

1/10

There's nothing that this deck does to threaten much with pyramid lines and sub-par draw power. You won't get stuff out fast, and when your Flygon is KOed, you have nothing left to do than hit me with Trapinch. And Venusaur XP

~L_X_F

GreenAiden555
2nd January 2010, 12:53 AM
And I'm giving the "standard overused crap" 'cuz it would help him do whatever he wants to do. >.>; You'd prolly admit that.

Those points have no connection what so ever, and it fails as a serious rebuttal to what I posted. XP If you want to give shitty metagaming advice, gb2sixprizes/smogon. >.>;;

And to go back on topic, Poke_Mania, I'd give it a 7/10. While it's good, it doesn't appear to have all that great setup, and other decks who have the ability to setup will take a few prize cards before you have the ability to make a decent comeback.

Lucario_X_Froslass
2nd January 2010, 7:07 AM
ECKS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SMOGON FOR THE TCG BEST REPLY TO A TCG PLAYER ON EARTH! You're funny.

On the lol flame war thing, I will quote u ^_^

And to go back on topic, Poke_Mania, I'd give it a 7/10. While it's good, it doesn't appear to have all that great setup, and other decks who have the ability to setup will take a few prize cards before you have the ability to make a decent comeback.

You're right. It doesn't have great set up. It can't against good decks, even if he top decks stuff. Good decks would eat this fast and hard. It can't work in a standard meta, nor can it work well in fun play. There's a reason starter decks with evolutions are bad. XP

~L_X_F

GalladeTheGreat
2nd January 2010, 4:08 PM
Alright I don't understand what you tried to do with this deck. Rethink it then rebuild it and repost it :)

Poke_Mania97
10th January 2010, 1:01 PM
im not making it anymor. i have to admit, the setup was rubbish. thanks for the 7/10 greenaiden!

Splapp
14th January 2010, 7:10 PM
(21)
4-2-3-1 Flygon Lv.X (Trapinch SW, rest RR)
1-1 Dialga Lv.X (PL)
2-2 Claydol (LA)
1 Uxie (LA) / Corsola (SW)
1-1 Mewtwo Lv.X (?)
1-1 Froslass (AR)

(23)
3x Rare Candy
3x Rosanne's Research
3x Bebe's Search
1x Poké Radar
2x Cynthia's Feelings
1x Mom's Kindness
2x Expert Belt
1x Lucky Egg
2x Quick Ball
2x Volkner's Philosophy
1x Leftovers / Life Herb

(16)
2x Rainbow
7x Metal
4x Water
3x Psychic

If you want to run Flygon, run it like that.

Lucario_X_Froslass
14th January 2010, 7:52 PM

That's the most horrible Flygon build I've seen in a LOOOOOOONG time.

(21)
4-2-3-1 Flygon Lv.X (Trapinch SW, rest RR)
1-1 Dialga Lv.X (PL) (WHY!? WTF That card hurts Flygon...)
2-2 Claydol (LA) (Should be GE >_>;)
1 Uxie (LA) / Corsola (SW) (If Corsola should be played, it should be a Pachirisu...)
1-1 Mewtwo Lv.X (MD-LA) (Why not...)
1-1 Froslass (AR) (Why?)

(23)
3x Rare Candy (Should be 4)
3x Rosanne's Research (Prolly should be 4)
3x Bebe's Search (Should be 4)
1x Poké Radar (If any, run 3-4)
2x Cynthia's Feelings (IDK Why not.)
1x Mom's Kindness (O__o Worst Supporter in format)
2x Expert Belt (Just one's fine)
1x Lucky Egg (No)
2x Quick Ball (No)
2x Volkner's Philosophy (No)
1x Leftovers / Life Herb (Neither)

(16)
2x Rainbow (No)
7x Metal (No)
4x Water (2)
3x Psychic (Yes)

If you want to run Flygon, run it like David Cohen. Copy his list. >_>;

~L_X_F