PDA

View Full Version : Best pokemon to use for each type?

Birds of Paradise
29th December 2009, 6:49 PM
Well, I thought that this would be a nice place to share tips and experiences as to which pokemon of a particular type you like using and why. Is it because of a certain move, or a particular IQ? Like for instance I never knew that cyndaquil learned lava plume *facepalm XD* because I've never raised one before. Or, say...

..your going along, beating all the dungeons you come across until, uh-oh, you need a pokemon type from chimecho that you havn't raised, and the silly thing keeps running off and does not know non-traitor. So before you stuff it with your precious gummi's that have been collecting dust in your storage, you have to decide, who would be the best choice? Got 10 water types to choose from? Need a poison type for a dungeon and have never used a poison type before? Share what you have discovered (even if its well known or not, someone *like me ;)* may not know it or realize it yet).

Type: Fire
Pokemon: Charizard
Reason: The move heat wave, hits all targets in the room, a real life saver in my PMD

Type: Fire
Pokemon: Chimchar
Reason: In PMD2 the move slack off restores HP, almost like a recover. I didn't realize that until it learned it (after all, the moves in PMD are different than how they are in the games)

Type: Water
Pokemon: Chinchou
Reason: Take it in a water dungeon and KO everything in sight with thunderbolt and discharge (hits all opponents in the room-->very useful for KO'ing politoed's before they use perish song)

Kitty Aruseus
29th December 2009, 7:03 PM
Type: Electric
Pokemon: Raichu
Reason: Thunderbolt hits all enemies in the immediate area. Very useful in monster houses.

Type: Water/Steel
Pokemon: Empoleon
reason: It's pwnsome thanks to poison immunity and sandstorm immunity.

talala
30th December 2009, 1:35 AM
I've found Azelf is a pretty good Psychic Pokemon. It has learns good IQ Skills and can patch up any offensive holes you might have. Plus, it's pretty easy to recruit.

100% chance after defeating dialga dude, just bring a pokemon that knows a dark type move to kill it xD

on topic -

Camerupt is a good ground pokemon, room affecting magnitude at level one and later on it learns room affecting earth power (i ****ing hate this move in dark crater/giant volcano)

togekiss is a good flying type, knowing sky attack, aura sphere, (edit - air slash, and extremespeed) at level 1

Birds of Paradise
30th December 2009, 4:38 AM
a person@ Neat, like what kind of IQ skills?

Excitable Boy
22nd January 2010, 1:28 AM
I've found Azelf is a pretty good Psychic Pokemon. It has learns good IQ Skills and can patch up any offensive holes you might have. Plus, it's pretty easy to recruit. It also never hurts to have float terrain ability, and it comes at a fairly high level for when you should be recruiting it.

Pokemon: Raichu
Reason: Thunderbolt hits all enemies in the immediate area. Very useful in monster houses.

Name one Electric type Pokemon incapable of learning Thunderbolt.

Yeah.

a person@ Neat, like what kind of IQ skills?

Like these (http://www.serebii.net/dungeon2/iqskills/G.shtml).

Birds of Paradise
22nd January 2010, 6:08 AM
Name one Electric type Pokemon incapable of learning Thunderbolt.

Aww, come on, this is supposed to be information sharing friendly:) How about asking them why they like using raichu as the thunderbolt carrier?

EeveeSkitty
22nd January 2010, 8:10 AM
Type: Water/Dragon
Pokemon: Palkia
Reason: How can we forget the only Pokemon to learn Absolute Mover(Super Mobile) in the whole game?(PMD2) It also learns Stair Sensor and Map Surveyor as well so you can sweep through floors easily. Water/Dragon STAB is awesome too. Dialga is good too but imo, Palkia is better.

LordVK12
26th January 2010, 1:04 AM
Type:Fire
PKMN:Cyndaquil
Reason:Before you complete the game smokescreen can really help with the tough bosses making them have almost no accuracy.Lava plume/blast burn can hit all pokemon within a 1-tile radius.Unfortunatly no good room hitting move.

Type:Electric
PKMN:Raichu
Reason: Discharge for the room,thunderbolt for when surrounded and thunder for tough enemies.Unfortunatly no good non-electric moves besides slam.

Type:Ghost
PKMN:Spiritomb
Reason:No weakness,ominous wind for the room,shadow ball for straight line,hypnosis for stopping enemies and dream eater for healing.

Type: Dark
PKMN: Darkrai
Reason:Nightmare to put enemies to sleep and inflict damage,bad dreams to damage sleeping enemies further and dark pulse/night shade when surronded.

Skull-Kid
26th January 2010, 7:44 PM
Type:Dark
Pokemon:Darkrai
Reason: It has Dark Void + Bad Dreams plsu it can naturally go through walls and it is in the second best IQ group. On top of that it has a great move pool.

Type:Water/Dragon
Pokemon:Palkia
Reason: It is the only Pokemon to learn Spacial Rend and get the items in the walls thanks to its unique IQ ability, Abosloute Mover.

Viiinc
26th January 2010, 7:57 PM
Type:Dark
Pokemon:Darkrai
Reason: It has Dark Void + Bad Dreams plsu it can naturally go through walls and it is in the second best IQ group. On top of that it has a great move pool.

Type:Water/Dragon
Pokemon:Palkia
Reason: It is the only Pokemon to learn Spacial Rend and get the items in the walls thanks to its unique IQ ability, Abosloute Mover.

I agree completely. Darkrai and Palkia Rock. Sadly I haven't recruited Darkrai in Sky yet.

mrfatcat
26th January 2010, 8:51 PM
Raichu.

Reasons: Discharge, Quick Attack, Agility, and Thunderbolt

Da_impos
26th January 2010, 10:08 PM
i find charizard the best fire pkmn ever :) .
smokescreen for bosses, and heat wave for monster houses.
paired with sky sphere and flame bangle it can only be hurt by its 4x weakness to rock :) .

Nightlingbolt
26th January 2010, 10:34 PM
You can keep your tiers. I find Shinx/Luxio/Luxray and Vulpix/Ninetales to be the best combination ever.

Birds of Paradise
27th January 2010, 2:05 AM
Type:Ghost
PKMN:Spiritomb
Reason:No weakness,ominous wind for the room,shadow ball for straight line,hypnosis for stopping enemies and dream eater for healing.

I never raised that pokemon in any of the games, those look like pretty good moves :)

paired with sky sphere and flame bangle it can only be hurt by its 4x weakness to rock :) .

Ooh, I like using charizard (was my hero pokemon in Time). What do those items do?

Da_impos
27th January 2010, 4:02 AM
Ooh, I like using charizard (was my hero pokemon in Time). What do those items do?

well, sky sphere makes electric attacks do nothing,
and flame bangle turns water into HP :)