31st December 2009, 5:23 AM
Ok, I'm gonna be blunt:

I need two extra pokemon for my team on Explorers of sky

my leading pokemon is Umbreon.

Any suggestions?

Viiinc
31st December 2009, 12:26 PM
Look at your current Platinum team.
1. Electivire, because he can learn pretty good moves. The problem with it is, that it's pretty hard to get. Even if your leader wears the golden mask, they won't easily join you.
2. Dragonite, because I love it and it's strong. I trained a Dratini to level 55 until it was able to evolve. Took me quite a long time.

Kitty Aruseus
31st December 2009, 4:43 PM
Umbreon... I think you'd like having a fighting-type to help counter other dark-types, such as Lucario for the poison immunity, or Machoke/champ for pure power, as well as a psychic-type to handle the fighting-types that with take you on, such as Alakazam. And for some more type coverage, put in an Empoleon. He's awesome as well as he's strong. (I should know. I play empoleon on EoT)

Joey of Blades
31st December 2009, 9:03 PM
Mewtwo/Mew/Alakazam for fighting types.
Dialga for destroying pretty much everything, and steel moves.

I mean, use whoever you want. It's hard to suggest things, but if you're aiming for type coverage then what I said is a good start. PMD is a nice game in that you can use whoever you want and as long as you play strategically and train for a while, anything can become a valuable asset to your team.

Skull-Kid
31st December 2009, 9:33 PM
Use anything.

PMD is a game where any Pokemon can shine so just pick your favourite Pokemon and make a team out of them.

If you want type coverage, go with Dragonite and Empoleon.

Kitty Aruseus
31st December 2009, 10:00 PM
Why Dragonite? I just don't see how it covers a type besides dragon, and dragon-types aren't encountered often.

Connorspace
31st December 2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the opinions guys!
They've helped me a lot!

talala
1st January 2010, 3:15 AM
lucario, you can have a strong move of 4 different types, you choose from 5

Viiinc
1st January 2010, 12:31 PM
Why Dragonite? I just don't see how it covers a type besides dragon, and dragon-types aren't encountered often.
Dragonite is Dragen/Flying tipe, so there is type coverage.

Joey of Blades
1st January 2010, 7:29 PM
Dragonite is Dragen/Flying tipe, so there is type coverage.

And he can learn Flamethrower and stuff. No one cares about STAB in this game. My Aggron knows Blizzard and is the designated Pokemon to deal with monster houses. His SpAtk is over 130, so nothing really dares to survive.

DYLANJON
5th January 2010, 3:44 AM
Umbreon... I think you'd like having a fighting-type to help counter other dark-types, such as Lucario for the poison immunity, or Machoke/champ for pure power, as well as a psychic-type to handle the fighting-types that with take you on, such as Alakazam. And for some more type coverage, put in an Empoleon. He's awesome as well as he's strong. (I should know. I play empoleon on EoT)

I think you're looking for Medicham there.

BTW it looks like you're making a Dark/Ghost Based team, so if youre looking for that, then you mustn't overlook Spiritomb, it can be found in the spacial rift or sky stairway (random floors), it's pretty strong and can hit you from almost anywhere, trouble is it can't walk through walls, if you want that, then look for rotom.