PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from a Kecleon: Take The Risk?

Mew's desire
31st December 2009, 10:30 AM
HI I'M BACK!!
Anyway, I have PMD3 now so I'm going to renew some stuff in my head

Kecleons are one of the most annoying, interesting and rich pokemon in the MD games. We love to steal their stuff, merely for entertainment (cause thats what MD games are about..) or because we need the stuff.

Do you take the risk? Kecleon is a fatal enemy. Without the right items, it can easily wipe you out and turn all your precious stuff into plain seeds. (Might not be a bad thing in MD3 cuz we can recycle them :p)

I usually do. With the right items.
Usually I throw a stun seed at the Kecleon, warp to the stairs with a pure seed and use a Rollcall Orb to gather my team members.

But its not this easy always. Kecleons have their 'minions', and you might not want to take the risk if you're in some really high floor on the dungeon and wiping out would MAKE YOU REALLY ANGRY. But we really want the items right? AND WE WANNA PLAY WITH THE KECLEONS =P

What do you usually do?

surfer treecko
31st December 2009, 10:35 AM
I use a Trawl Orb right next to the stairs, then stun him while I pick up the items. But I only steal from him if he is selling Gold Ribbons, or I can't afford the items he's selling.

Viiinc
31st December 2009, 11:57 AM
I use a Trawl orb right next to the stairs too, and mostly I'm quick enough to take all the items. But someone on this forum said, that with a time space orb and his Palkia he can kill the Keclons. I don't know whether it's easy for him or not to do so, but that sounds great! No longer having to fear Keclon would be quite a relief.
Another way of stealing from them is being a ghost pokemon. I once stole from him with a Shedinja. I took the items and walked right into the wall and to the stairs. I only had to use a big apple (because walking through walls makes very hungry). I think it was zero isle east and I stole one joy seed, a protein and other valuable stuff.

talala
31st December 2009, 1:01 PM
lol in darkness i stole so much with my infernape, its hilarious how i can kill 3 kecleon at a time with blast burn and go to the stairs with no problem (level 84 for those wondering, no joy/golden seeds either)

Skull-Kid
31st December 2009, 1:37 PM
I just stole from a Keckleon for the first time.

I got away with it and about 8 gummis!

It's usually not worth the risk unless you are going into a dungeon planning to do it.

MKFC
31st December 2009, 2:01 PM
It's not usually worth it if you're low-leveled, but the thing is, you have to recruit them somehow, and the only way to do that is to keep killing Kecleon until one wants to join your team.

I still don't get why you can recruit Kecleon once you've stolen some stuff from him and he's trying to kill you.

Mew's desire
31st December 2009, 3:00 PM
It's not usually worth it if you're low-leveled, but the thing is, you have to recruit them somehow, and the only way to do that is to keep killing Kecleon until one wants to join your team.

I still don't get why you can recruit Kecleon once you've stolen some stuff from him and he's trying to kill you.

Lol has anyone successfully recruited one?

Viiinc
31st December 2009, 3:53 PM
Nope. But I'll try for one hour. I hope I can find a Keclon-shop. Haven't seen one in some time.

GameBoy911
31st December 2009, 4:01 PM
I could steal from them in Blue because my Swampert was level 100, but now I can't since I'm a really low level in Sky. But, yeah its really fun to steal then kill them, before I steal I get the path to the stairs marked then I'm off, also have someone with agility and make that the only move they use.

eltigras
31st December 2009, 4:04 PM
I only steal from him when he has items like firestone and moonstone and that sort of stuff and then I use a trawl orb next to the stairs :)

Kitty Aruseus
31st December 2009, 4:25 PM
Bah. Once I reach a high enough level (80+) I'll snag a few items that will be worthwhile, aura sphere/force palm the kecleon in normal type just to pwn it, and run to the stairs. I steal from kecleon solo, though, so I'm not worrying about losing partners. (Yeah. I know I don't need to worry, but minor perfectionism is a curse...)

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
31st December 2009, 4:53 PM
I only steal from him when he has items like firestone and moonstone and that sort of stuff and then I use a trawl orb next to the stairs :)

That is what I do. If I have enough money I'll buy them. If I don't have enough money if I have a trawl orb I'll use it next to the stairs.

Viiinc
31st December 2009, 6:17 PM
The Keclon are strong, but not invincible. I need to use special rend 3 times, and then they're ko. The only problem is, they only need two moves to kill me, and they're really fast. Now I'll train my Palkia to lv 100. The Keclon will have to fear me! Hahahaha!

Excitable Boy
31st December 2009, 6:29 PM
I've never stolen on Sky, being a team of puny weaklings, but I intend to using the Trawl Orb trick.

If you don't know where to find Kecleons to rob on Sky, go to Star Cave. On my last visit, I found about five.

Birds of Paradise
31st December 2009, 7:49 PM
How do you steal from them in time/darkness? I never have before, but its tempting when they have nothing but evolution items 0_0...Is it possible to steal from them, and then use an escape orb?

GameBoy911
31st December 2009, 8:53 PM
Yeah I think you can, never thought of trying that.

Kitty Aruseus
31st December 2009, 9:58 PM
they stop you from using orbs. It sucks...

Mew's desire
1st January 2010, 4:25 AM
they stop you from using orbs. It sucks...

Thats not the entire truth.
In PMD Sky, you can use orbs. I tried using a Petrify Orb and it worked.
I'm not sure about Escape Orbs though. Give it a try.

Illusione-Tempus
1st January 2010, 2:40 PM
I'm not sure about Escape Orbs though. Give it a try.

And I didn't manage to escape... *nearly ragequit*

I might sell my useless stuff, run towards the stairs, Trawl Orb, pick up items that I have sold + items it's selling, then run away to the next floor :p

Pokemaniac Erika
1st January 2010, 3:25 PM
Eh? Trawl orb trick.
But I prefer a fair deal so usually I just sell useless stuff and buy better one in exchange.
But playing around him would be fun. Has anyone recruited him? I wonder what level he is.

Yellow Aura
2nd January 2010, 12:39 AM
I don't ever take the risk, Kelcleon are just too strong, and I've never planned ahead to do it.

Lorde
2nd January 2010, 12:49 AM
I'm never stealing from them again unless I need a Kecleon.

I always faint when they jump me and the Pokemon on my team.

Torosiken
2nd January 2010, 1:56 PM
Well... this is a same thread with mine @_@

Info : it's level 43. I find out it when I threw a doom seed at it

Sharon
2nd January 2010, 2:03 PM
i usually always steal from kecleon cause it's so damn funny, i only escape 40% of the time cause i find the stairs. i don't try to fight back like you guys. D: <

Mew's desire
3rd January 2010, 5:32 AM
And I didn't manage to escape... *nearly ragequit*

Oops sorry!
Anyway thats why its a brilliant idea to save your game before going into a dungeon and meeting a bright young kecleon.

Hydrogen Economy
3rd January 2010, 12:48 PM
If you're in on your own, use an invistify orb. Or protect/detect.

If you've little else to do in the dungeon...just use an escape orb :-P

Splapp
12th January 2010, 7:47 PM
I'm at Level 38 on Sky and I've stolen from him :P
Just find shop and stairs, steal, PROTECT, QUICK SEED, run :P
But I always carry a Trawl Orb, incase they're far away.

Splapp

Esteban252
12th January 2010, 7:53 PM
I just steal them if i have the right item to do it (Pure Seed, Trawl Orb)
I just stole from them without items once, because he had Link Cable, Moon Stone, Leaf Stone and 2 Golden Ribbons, i managed to escape with 1 HP thanks to endure :)

Splapp
12th January 2010, 9:30 PM
I just stole from them without items once, because he had Link Cable, Moon Stone, Leaf Stone and 2 Golden Ribbons, i managed to escape with 1 HP thanks to endure

;o

I couldn't do that. Except with Phanpy's AncientPower

just noticed power only requires the top row of the keyboard :P

VertigoVaporeon
13th January 2010, 4:55 AM
I don't usually take the risk. ;o

One time, I accidentally picked up an item that I couldn't afford. When I tried to leave, Kecleon warped and asked me if I intended on paying for it. Seeing as how I didn't mean to pick it up, I clicked "no". He then got furious and pwned me on the spot.

Stupid rich chameleon. ;o;

Pokemaniac Erika
13th January 2010, 12:01 PM
One time, I accidentally picked up an item that I couldn't afford. When I tried to leave, Kecleon warped and asked me if I intended on paying for it. Seeing as how I didn't mean to pick it up, I clicked "no". He then got furious and pwned me on the spot.

Haha, this remind me of my first "attempt" to steal from him. It was in Craggy Coast and I was low leveled. It was also the first time I saw him inside dungeon.
Stupid chameleon >_>
I swear I'll look for another one in Craggy Coast and avenge him.

Anyway, does anyone know the place with many kecleons in PMD Time? I want to steal some more *got tons of pure seeds and trawl orbs*

Flygon44
20th January 2010, 5:36 PM
Me and my bro love Robbing Kecleon. He refers to anything he can use against him "K-busting gear." I think I found a way to make him slightly easier.
I stepped on a explosion tile which blew up on me and Vulpix, and wiper out most of his stuff. Kecleon started attacking, but he was at normal speed and the dungeon musicwas normal. I escpaed, so Im not sure if he had any clones.

Skull-Kid
20th January 2010, 6:55 PM
I have now stolen from Kecleon 17 times. I have a lot of evolution based items now.

Lempika
21st January 2010, 1:21 AM
I've never tried on Sky, I'm still shaking from my first time in Darkness. I don't think I'll ever recover from the initial shock.

And I don't think you can use an escape orb until you reach the next floor.

Da_impos
21st January 2010, 1:44 AM
i stole from kelceon,
i tried to give it back but it was still attacking me :P .
then i ran and my blastiose and venasuar kept attacking it. :P .
they killed it :) .
hydro pump, energy ball, ice beam, energy ball, it went something like that :) .

blackness777
21st January 2010, 3:09 AM
I don't usually take the risk. ;o

Lol I was planning on saying the same thing :3

calze6
21st January 2010, 5:31 AM
It's easy to kill the kecleon. I do it all the time. You can get evolution items from some. I once managed to escape without a pure seed. there were like 20 kecleons chasing me. Thank goodness I was darkrai...

Lempika
21st January 2010, 10:00 AM
*Crying hysterically*

Damn you guys and your way of making it sound easy! I got complete owned. I managed to escape the first few. Here's kinda how it went:

KECLEON: RAWR GTFO
ME: NO, EVERYONE RUN, THERE'S NO CHANCE. JUST RUN.
NINETAILS: GO ON WITHOUT ME, I HOLD THEM OFF.
ME: LOLNO *Me, Marowak and Wigglytuff runs away, Ninetails stays behind*
*Ninetails attacks, 1 Damage*
*More Kecleon warps around Ninetails*
*Kecleon uses Astonish, 216 Damage, Ninetails dies*

Then Marowak died, and then I did. I managed to move through about 3 different rooms altogether.

Birds of Paradise
21st January 2010, 7:07 PM
Well, I didn't intend to, but if I ever want to intentionally steal from kecleon I now know that I need to be at a much higher level. I'm going through the dungeon at shaymin's village. I'm in a really small room with a skuntank that has a kecleon shop. Sigh, even if I hadn't killed it my teamates would have. Thanks to its ability, the explosion hit kecleon as well, who proceeded to come after me. My teammate arcanine hit kecleon with extreme speed, and kecleon only took one damage point from that, then it killed arcanine in one hit (and arcanine is level 50 0_o). So yeah, watch out for skuntanks around kecleon XD.

Pokemaniac Erika
22nd January 2010, 7:31 AM
*Crying hysterically*

Damn you guys and your way of making it sound easy! I got complete owned. I managed to escape the first few. Here's kinda how it went:

KECLEON: RAWR GTFO
ME: NO, EVERYONE RUN, THERE'S NO CHANCE. JUST RUN.
NINETAILS: GO ON WITHOUT ME, I HOLD THEM OFF.
ME: LOLNO *Me, Marowak and Wigglytuff runs away, Ninetails stays behind*
*Ninetails attacks, 1 Damage*
*More Kecleon warps around Ninetails*
*Kecleon uses Astonish, 216 Damage, Ninetails dies*

Then Marowak died, and then I did. I managed to move through about 3 different rooms altogether.

Lol, this is funny XD
All we need is an escape plan, yes? We almost can't beat him without the right (perfect) strategy or high level pokemon.

Da_impos
22nd January 2010, 8:12 AM
i accidently stole from kelceon :( .

Mudkip used sleep seed.
Kelceon fell asleep.
Torchic used flamethrower.
Kelceon lost 2 HP.
Grovyle used leaf blade.
Not very effective.
Kelceon lost 1 HP.
Kelceon woke up.
Kelceon used scratch.
Mudkip lost 145 HP!
Mudkip fainted!

what lvl are the kelceons?
i wanna know, probably lvl 105 ;)

EeveeSkitty
22nd January 2010, 9:12 AM
I've only stolen from Kecleon in PMD2 about 5 times but in PMD1 I did it quite a lot XP

It was fun :D

And I'm pretty sure PMD1 Kecleon was weaker or something...

talala
22nd January 2010, 6:06 PM
i wanna know, probably lvl 105 ;)

about 43, they have REALLY good stats

EeveeSkitty
23rd January 2010, 12:47 AM
about 43, they have REALLY good stats

Yeah, seriously good stats...

Even Lv100's can't match up to them without using a heap of drugs(Protein/Iron/etc)

talala
23rd January 2010, 2:37 AM
Yeah, seriously good stats...

Even Lv100's can't match up to them without using a heap of drugs(Protein/Iron/etc)

they could by completing destiny tower ._.

Da_impos
23rd January 2010, 10:57 AM
they could by completing destiny tower ._.

or stealing more, so its worth dying.....
that came out wrong :P

Viiinc
23rd January 2010, 1:11 PM
I ate a violent seed and then my Palkia was able to 1hko Kecleon!!!
After some time, there were so many Kecleon that I had to leave without recruiting any of them. But it was still fun killing them all, so from now on, I'll always steal from them.

Ash-kid
23rd January 2010, 1:27 PM
No rush, steal from it only when it's necessary. I did it many times and it worth it.

j-master
23rd January 2010, 3:18 PM
I used to steal from Kecleon for the fun. The best way is just to use a Trawl Orb next to the stairs. But when I have some really strong pokemon I just steal the items I like and kill so many as possible of them until I reach the stairs.

Torosiken
24th January 2010, 10:58 AM
i wanna know, probably lvl 105

believe me, 43!

GlaceonLover1
24th January 2010, 11:16 AM
Nah I go risky. I went into a dungeon in Mystyfying Forest, my Charmander got defeated (I can't remember how though) I found a Kecleon and it's shop, and LUCKY ME! They had 2 Moon Stones, 2 Gold Ribbons, 2 Leaf Stones and a Blue Gummi. I took all the items but stayed on the mat, I used a warp seed, then Lucky me!!! I landed right next to the stairway. So I pocked some items easily! Otherwise, steal items , use a Pure Seed. 3 Sucsesses so far!

GlaceonLover1
24th January 2010, 11:19 AM
believe me, 43!

Wait! No way! I could steal from him easily now! But he is at double speed to the rest of us so it is kinda bothering me.

Infact seeing that my empoleon has Hydro Cannon i will kill them easily!

Torosiken
24th January 2010, 12:48 PM
Wait! No way! I could steal from him easily now! But he is at double speed to the rest of us so it is kinda bothering me.

i use sing and attack him, it faint. I won, but he call his other friends.

Illusione-Tempus
24th January 2010, 1:01 PM

Three reasons why it's hard to beat a Kecleon
1. Ridiculously maximum stats
2. Double Speed
3. Its type-changing ability <_<

Empoleon knows Hydro Cannon huh? Let's wait 'til you use it, got paused, Kecleon surrounding you, I don't want that to happen :p

Nebbio
24th January 2010, 1:48 PM
Easy. Sceptile at high level with Bullet Seed.

Splapp
24th January 2010, 6:14 PM
Nobody suggested that Ghost-type has weakness to itself, right?

If you can't work it out, Color Change

If you can't work THAT out, look them up

If you STILL don't know, PM me.

Flygon44
24th January 2010, 6:51 PM
Hmm....his type changing, given the right pokemon with the right stats could be an advantage. He changes his type to match the type of attack or something like that.
So, attack him with a dragon type. Dragon types are weak to themselves. So get a really powerful dragon type, say, a salamence, dope it up on violent seeds and stuff, Rob Kecleon, and you have it made. Hopefully.

Me, I generally make do. I find what I ccan, and if I see a kecleon, I weigh up my chances, based on items and distance from the stairs, and what he's selling. I swear, he's a cheapskate sometimes. Once, I robbed him for 30k's worth of merchandise- (10K originally, but I sold it back to him next time I saw him and robbed it back XD)
Pity I accidently turned off :(

Risk is definetly worth it though.

disposable_heroes
3rd February 2010, 12:45 AM
I've done it in MD1. It's much easier, although you still need the Reviver Seeds just in case.

But in MD2, it gets way harder. They're all HAX0RED with max stats and double speed as well as only giving 5 EXP Points! So I would not even face one.

Electric
7th February 2010, 11:41 PM
Stealing from Kecleons are my life. My most successful steal was in Joyous Tower like 4F or somewhere around that. I had a Mudkip which was low levelled and I was happy and bragged about how I still escaped. Stupid Kecleons wanting riches for Joy Seeds.

(s.i.e)
8th February 2010, 2:43 PM
i hardly steal from the cecleon brothers in the time i still played the game, i got all the stuff, cash, plus more from doing sidequests.

Nightlingbolt
8th February 2010, 10:22 PM
I never steal from Kecleon unless I have either a Pure Seed or a Trawl Orb when I'm near the stairs. And you know what? I have no plans on ever trying to recruit a Kecleon.

Pika_Princess
9th February 2010, 4:19 AM
In case you thought you could to the trawl orb trick in front of the pokemon you're supposed to rescue...
...doesn't work. It says, "you attempted thievery! You're not seen as a rescue team."
That's also the moment I found out you can't use an escape orb either. Had to turn off without saving. Le sigh.
Most of the time I do the trawl orb/stairs trick. I used to carry a lot of cash but it seems to be cheaper to just steal stuff ;)
~Pikapras

shiney mew
12th February 2010, 11:14 PM
I once tried to run off with a Reviver Seed that I couldn't afford. Kecleon got mad and used up all the Reviver Seeds I'd brought with me. So I turned the game off... I'll just try the Trawl Orb at the stairs next time. XD

SilverLanayru
16th February 2010, 1:33 AM
It's time I posted in this section of the forums again...

Anyways, indeed I've taken the risk, though it was mostly because I was trying to befriend one of the Kecleon. (Seriously, he's overpowered, yet at level 50? Wowee.) Basically because of that, I never had a successful thievery attempt. ^-^; But yeah, I'm not giving up just yet. I just gotta stay near the stairway more often if I still fail. xD

Nidoprince
16th February 2010, 2:20 AM
One time I went into a shop to BUY something, and my partner randomly attacked the Kecleon. I was like "Why the heck did you do that" and I turned off the power since I saved and started again.

To this day I don't go NEAR a Kecleon shop for that reason. Mabye when I go for that reason, but otherwise no.

flygonabsol99
17th February 2010, 4:35 AM
ive stole from him a couple times.my plan to get him.pawn with level 100s until one joins,go to the next floor,use escape orb.fortunately,you only need to do this in blue/red.

calze6
17th February 2010, 11:01 AM
Has anyone actually recruited a kecleon in PMD2 or 3? The chances are 0.05% and if anyone has recruited it, please tell me. Stealing from shimmer hill can often have evolution items.

Viiinc
17th February 2010, 11:06 AM
Has anyone actually recruited a kecleon in PMD2 or 3? The chances are 0.05% and if anyone has recruited it, please tell me. Stealing from shimmer hill can often have evolution items.
So if I give my Palkia a golden mask and beat the living **** out of 'em, eventually one will join me? Beating them is not the problem for me.

serebiifreak
3rd March 2010, 11:17 PM
I had the weirdest thing happen it went like this:

i went into shop area.

enemy skuntank went into shop area.

I kill skuntank

empoleon starts attacking kecleon (120ish damage)

mewtwo starts attacking kecleon (130ish damage)

I was like omg your going to get me killed.

nothing happened.

I take the stuff

"Kecleon" i've been robbed catch the thief

1st room back to staircase

empoleon stay behind to fend off 1 kecleon (2hko)

2nd room back to staircase

mewtwo stay behind to fend off 1 kecleon

kecleon shadow sneaked

mewtwo takes 187 damage

kecleon takes 187 damage from counter basher then mewtwo finish off with psychic

room with staircase

Also recruit rate for kecleon is -49.5&#37;
with pokemon level 90-100 makes it -24.5%
level 90-100 pokemon w/ golden mask/ amber tear makes it -0.5%
level 90-100 pokemon w/golden mask/amber tear and fast friend makes it 0.5%

the conclusion is you need a level 90-100 pokemon with a golden mask and has fast friends (IQ group B and H). If you use a pokemon that is not in one of those groups with fast friend skill, then recruiting is very hard since without fast friend the highest recruit rate is -0.5%.

Splapp
5th March 2010, 9:31 PM
-0.5&#37; is impossible :P

I'm gonna up the level/IQ of my Cresselia, buy heroin cocaine drugs for it, and pwn them.

Splapp
5th March 2010, 9:38 PM
-0.5% is impossible :P

I'm gonna up the level/IQ of my Cresselia, buy heroin cocaine drugs for it, and pwn them.

Willow's Tara
6th March 2010, 12:04 AM
I love stealing from them and escaping, it's quite funny considering you sell the Gold Ribbons etc to the Kecleons in Treasure Town, it's like I stole this from your friends so here you go.

I usually use Trawl Orbs, if the items are worth it and hopefully the stairs aren't right next to them I take them and disappear into the stairs. Since I always have Reviver Seeds and usually it's my team that's in front of me when they attack I get away fairly easily.

calze6
13th March 2010, 3:56 AM
Once, something used explosion on me but it hit kecleon as well, kecleon then used something which instantly killed it. I then couldn't buy anything though and it just kept following me till the end of the dungeon!

My steps to kecleon: Steal, kill the kecleon, get the rest of the items, pure seed, then stair up.

Lucariofordoom
23rd March 2010, 4:02 PM
I use the kecleon i recruited and my darkrai (both max iq) to get away with it. They are so cute when they sleep : ).

lucky_u
26th March 2010, 11:42 AM
I did in PMD1, with a Charizard Lv100. Tough though, I had to choose my path correctly.
(There's no way I can beat a room full of Kecleon) I tried to recruit them, but also tough.
One or two Ancient Power, I'm doomed.
So if I feel like it, trawl orb, pick up items, next floor.