View Full Version : oh my god

mldnlght
7th January 2010, 2:45 PM
oh my god, it's a shiny patch :O

oh, wow, shellos, gee, thanks =\

so, what are your lamest shinies?

Tee_bird
7th January 2010, 10:47 PM
In my 10 years of playing Pokemon, I've yet to find a shiny. (Aside from the red Gyarados)

Nixoth
7th January 2010, 10:52 PM
aside from the red gyarados, the only other shiny i have acquired without chaining or trading was a shiny onix. found it in my crystal version i think years ago. found it on victory road. nicknamed it "Brocksonix". yeah, still dont know why i did that tho cause his onix wasnt shiny

Mr.Brightside
7th January 2010, 11:02 PM
Isn't there already a topic about shinnies?

Anyway, never got one. And although i couldn't care less it is a bit frustrating considering that back in Pokemon Gold i had more than 700 hours of play. Who knows, maybe i'll be lucky with Platinum.

Lord Scalgon
7th January 2010, 11:35 PM
Gible. Reason's obvious anyway (though not on Gible itself).

A7X_Slayer
7th January 2010, 11:44 PM
My had to be a shiny oddish in Emerald

pocketari
8th January 2010, 1:42 AM
I've never really seen shinies outside of the Red Gyarados in GSC.. except for a shiny tentacruel, which I accidentally KO'd. :[

EeveeSkitty
8th January 2010, 4:35 AM
A Caterpie in Gold. Like seriously.

iup788
8th January 2010, 4:50 AM
I've only ever seen the shiny gyarados. I was (maybe) so close to catching a shiny machop once though. I had chained up to 40 of them and was headed towards the only shiny patch I've ever seen, sadly my last repel wore off and I was attacked by a non-shiny geodude

zlxq3000
8th January 2010, 6:12 AM
You think a shiny Shellos is bad? You want to know what my only two shiny pokemon are right now?

Minun and Bidoof.

Suck on THAT.

mudkip master
8th January 2010, 9:57 AM
In all my years of playing i have only ever found 2 shinys one was a shiny Shuckle before i knew what shiny's were( i tried for a week after i saw the ble one in the anime).
I also was looking for a Kadabra so i could get a Alakazam and i found a shiny one about a year and a half ago.

Absol trainer
8th January 2010, 3:38 PM
Shiny zubat isn't cool to encounter because the whole zubat line is soooo ugly at shiny forme. Anyways I have quite some cool shiny's: Gulpin (blue), Koffing (also blue), Geodude(gold and very nice IMO) and a shiny aron (forgot it but not too fantastic).

Luxrayess
8th January 2010, 8:04 PM
Shiny zubat isn't cool to encounter because the whole zubat line is soooo ugly at shiny forme.

I second that. Shiny Crobat's coloring makes me want to puke. Same with shiny Vaporeon.

Avengerr
8th January 2010, 8:30 PM
The only one I have ever had LEGITIMATELY aside from Red Gyarados was a shiny Numel. I caught that in Ruby, and I was not even looking for Pokemon at the time, I just had to run through a patch of grass to get somewhere, and lo-and-behold: Shiny Numel. It had a blue spot instead of a green one, and when it evolved Camerupt was black with gold circles. It was awesome.... Then I restarded the game after not playing for a long time, and realized "OMG I had a shiny!" After I had saved... :(

Let's do the mario!
8th January 2010, 8:59 PM
I got a shiny magikarp XD I'm not evolving it though since if I did I'd have the most common shiny!

Ultimate Glalie
8th January 2010, 9:18 PM
The shiny Rattata I found in Silver a long time ago is probably the worst shiny I have. xD

GoombaGeek
9th January 2010, 12:29 AM

Anyway, never got one. And although i couldn't care less it is a bit frustrating considering that back in Pokemon Gold i had more than 700 hours of play. Who knows, maybe i'll be lucky with Platinum.
You just described my experiences with shinies, although I had Silver instead.

If I ever get a shiny Treecko, I'll name it 'ZOMBIE' and chuck it on the GTS for a Registeel.

The Mighty Wurmple
9th January 2010, 12:37 AM
The only shiny I've ever encountered was a TentaCOOL. I didn't find it all that.

Pearl Parukia
9th January 2010, 1:02 AM
I've had a rotten luck with shinies.
In Sapphire I got a shiny Shuppet (as common as hell).
In Emerald I got a shiny Tentacool and shiny Zigzagoon (also as common as hell).
I didn't get any shinies on my Pearl, but..
Last 24th of December (Christmas Eve) I was synchronizing a Female Adamant Scyther for breeding north of Solaceon town, when suddenly... a Shiny Roselia appeared.
I caught and it's my favorite, because it looks nice!!

zlxq3000
9th January 2010, 3:47 AM
I kind of want to get all of the shiny forms of the meme pokemon and name them after their respective memes (the only one that comes to mind is "Oh shi-" Pidgey...). I already have a non-shiny Mudkip named U Liek Me? who I want to breed with a foreign Ditto for a shiny one who I'd name after its father.

thetifftiff
9th January 2010, 5:19 AM
A Caterpie in Gold. Like seriously.

Seriously? Have you seen shiny butterfree? It's pretty. D:

My lamest is bidoof, shiny bidoof doesn't change much.

Lolitar
13th January 2010, 3:08 AM
I have only acquired ONE SHINY in all of my playing. I saw a shiny patch in my platinum, and i was like OMG OMG OMG!!!!! ITS A SHINY?!!? ^^ <3 I go to get it and!!!!!!! its a!!! oh. Wow.. A rattitat... im ... so.. *clenched teeth* happy.

AranaTheRhinosaur
13th January 2010, 3:30 AM
Gible. Reason's obvious anyway (though not on Gible itself).

Same. I was so excited when I found my shiny Gible, then when it evolved into Gabite I was like "wtf its not shiny anymore gahhh". Stupid shiny Garchomp is like one shade darker it's pathetic!

Grei
13th January 2010, 3:44 AM
I got a shiny Budew in my first Diamond playthrough.
My starter was Turtwig.

: (

Dekimashda
13th January 2010, 1:18 PM
shiny mild bidoof...if there is or ever will be a bidoof hating group...i have a reason to join

blackness777
13th January 2010, 1:40 PM
I had a shiny Swablu in my Emerald, which got stolen.

Kyogre911
14th January 2010, 11:30 PM
a shiny spinda with a hardy nature. it was a huge letdown

Pe:tite
15th January 2010, 12:11 PM
In my 10 years of playing Pokemon, I've yet to find a shiny. (Aside from the red Gyarados)

Ditto. I am sad. :(

Nebbio
16th January 2010, 12:21 PM
I like my shiny Bidoof, but evolving it! I tried that once then imdiatly turned it off.

Udthon
16th January 2010, 12:39 PM
I have ever only found one shiny. It was my first play through of emerald and i found a shiny poochyena. It did look really good, coz back then it was red and not gold. But i never really used it.

Also, what are you guys talking about with the shiny patch?

oakbark
16th January 2010, 10:05 PM
I found my first ever legitimate shiny in Platinum, but it was definitely the most up-and-down emotional experience ever.

My shiny turned up in the SAFARI ZONE.

There I was, looking for a Skorupi when another Bibarel turns up, but suddenly, I see the flash of stars. Here's a summary of the event:

---
OMG!!! A shiny! A real shiny! After years of playing, finally I get lucky.

Oh crap, I'm in the Safari Zone. Please don't flee. Please don't flee!!!

I did it! I caught a shiny!

Oh...wait. It's a Bibarel.

---

Coker
16th January 2010, 10:28 PM
A Wingull :/

Alex Pt
16th January 2010, 11:56 PM
I got a shiny unown d in the solaceon ruins.
I was over the moon until I realised that it was just a blue d with an eye

DaAuraWolf
18th January 2010, 1:59 AM
For me it was may shiny Bidoof in Platinum.I was just happy to just get a shiny.:]

weavileluver1
18th January 2010, 2:32 AM
I've only gotten one shiny: Aron in Emerald. Is it that Aron is just slow to train or do shinies level up slower?

Takoto
18th January 2010, 2:49 AM
Eeeeh... I have an Illusmise, it's nice and gold, but still not super cool.

Fortunate Siren
18th January 2010, 4:18 AM
Why do I feel like the only guy without a red gyarados.

Well, at least i got a golden Azumarill............that i never used.

Dusk Sweep 0x9
18th January 2010, 4:27 AM
Mine had to be the red gyrados in silver as it's the only shiny pokemon iv'e ever caught in my life.

Swampert_trainer
18th January 2010, 4:36 AM
I have a shiny Golem. Its not too bad. I got it as a Gravler through the GTS. The only other shiny I got was my red Gyrados from Gold/Silver.

Fortunate Siren
18th January 2010, 5:08 AM
can someone please tell me how they got a red gyarados

Drainturtle
18th January 2010, 11:30 AM
Caught a shiny Starly in the first wild pokemon battle after receiving pokeballs in my Diamond game.

I was just glad it wasn't a Bidoof.

T.W.I.
19th January 2010, 7:47 AM
I always get cruddy shinies when not looking.

Silver - rattata mt. mortar
Whismur - that small tunnel place
Zubat - grass patch outside the gible cave
Spiritomb - hatched

Pretty much all the ones i found not RNG :S

A7X_Slayer
19th January 2010, 8:09 AM
I got a shiny geodude by random encounter today

Not very happy with it willing to trade it or ???.........

Illusione-Tempus
19th January 2010, 9:08 AM
A Wingull :/

What's that? Don't like Wingull? Wingull was my first... shiny... which is... green...

The only thing that I find it lame is a shiny Lumineon... which I barely even use in games. I'm somewhat happy yet somewhat sad, cause I hate orange :|

Potter65
19th January 2010, 9:12 AM
I got a shiny budew 2day o_O

Thor's Beard
19th January 2010, 10:54 AM
I got a shiny bidoof the other day. The battles before and after were both shinx...

xCrystalJordan
19th January 2010, 3:09 PM
I saw a shiny wild Rattata in FireRed.
I was so excited, I took a picture of it on my old cellphone. xDD
I tried catching it but it ended up fainting. ):

Charizard_Trainer88
19th January 2010, 3:50 PM

few months ago i would be on the same boat with you but i found out of nowhere a shiny meditite in my pearl but made it faint when i was trying to capture it but then found a shiny ponyta in my leaf green and captured it

Owl600
19th January 2010, 4:10 PM
In Silver a Shiny Sentret

Udthon
20th January 2010, 12:18 PM
My sister has good luck with shinies. She has had like three in one day. Makes me angry

Indragon
20th January 2010, 2:26 PM
Ironically, my first (and worst) shiny in Diamond was a Gastrodon.

Guitar God in Training
21st January 2010, 3:03 PM
I have a few shinies, most of which are dissapointing because of their terrible natures. I hate my shiny Exploud because it barely looks different to a normal one. I was lucky to notice it was shiny when I found it because I didn't see the sparkle but noticed Whismur's ears were slightly green. Then there's my Gengar and Banette which have awful natures.

I am very pleased with my Rayquaza because of it's nature and IVs and I'm very pleased with my Rattata because I caught it at level 3 so I can raise it to level 5, teach it Quick Attack and tutor it Endeavour so I can have a shiny F.E.A.R :P

Pucca_ness
21st January 2010, 7:05 PM
To those that seem dissapointed when they realise their patch holds a "bad" shiny and seem surprised. DO you not know beforehand that the thing you are chaining will most likely be in the shiny patch? I'm just confused that you would be excited one second and dissappointed the next when shiny patches only appear while chaining and they will contain the poke you are chaining. So you should have known it was going to be a shellos or a ratatta or a whatever.

My only dissapointments with my lovely shinies is that my Magikarp has exactly the wrong nature and ivs for a decent Gyarados but then i can easily get another gyarados in SS. I easily chained Togepi one day and i knew i was going to have to pay alot of attention as the difference between shiny and non shiny is really minimal.

It's slightly annoying that i could obtain shiny, Starly, Roselia and Ralts really easily all of which i don't really care for (esp that damn ralts, lucky it was male and i like Gallade) yet i spent months of constant effort and chaining to get Larvitar and Beldum (two of my favourites) with no progress. Although finally i do have those in shiny form but oh my goodness it was a real trial.

I'm also dissapointed that my both Fiance's games have not given him a single shiny. I had to raise a Munchlax to lv 50 and trade it on GTS for a shiny Clefairy to give to him. He will not accept any of my spare shinies :P Hopefully his new Clefairy will jolt his game into shiny production.

galion
21st January 2010, 7:24 PM

I've only play 70 hours and i have find at least 20 shines

hello moto
22nd January 2010, 7:05 AM
Shiny Farfetched. :(

A7X_Slayer
22nd January 2010, 7:15 AM
Shiny Charmander

A7X_Slayer
22nd January 2010, 7:19 AM
Also a Shiny Magcargo

Yuppirox
23rd January 2010, 4:40 AM
My first (and only up-to-date) shiny I have ever caught was Pikachu. With the WORST nature. B'awwww. I still luvs her though <3

Thor's Beard
24th January 2010, 12:08 PM
Also a Shiny Magcargo

Shiny Magcargos are amazing! I won't have a word said against them!

GalladeTheGreat
24th January 2010, 4:56 PM
I've encountered 4 Shinnies, 2 of which I had no idea were shinny. First was in my Gold version, it was a shinny Noctowl like Ash's. I knew it was special and I trained it but never realized what it really was. Then I got emerald on my computer and found a Shinny Torkal, just random, it was pretty cool as well. Finally in diamond I got a Shinny Magikarp and it had a Rash nature but I evolved it into Gyrados...with a rash nature...useless. But the most recent shinny I caught was a Geodude with Rock Head and an Adamant nature, its perfect!

GlaceonLover1
24th January 2010, 5:28 PM
A wurmple in platinum. But I 'accidently' killed it.

Kratos The Pokemon master
24th January 2010, 8:04 PM
well my only shiny is the event one.
after about 1 hour and a half of SRing i got one.
caught it with masterball (if i accedintelly killed it i would kill my self :P)
and for the chains...my highest chain was 35 for a shix i guess (my finger slipped and i headed into a bad patch...damn my switty fingers :P)

Eliteknight
27th January 2010, 3:25 AM
my shinies were
gold
todadile
zubat

diamond
shellos west

Kirthey
27th January 2010, 11:41 PM
I've never seen a shiny pokemon before ):

poke master gunther
28th January 2010, 12:15 AM
sadly i dont have any experience in finding shiny patches the only shiny i ever got is red gyradoos :(

DarkMime77
28th January 2010, 10:50 PM
lat night i got a lvl 51 shiny gravler down to 1hp using false swipe and it exploded T-T WHYYYYYYYYYY! it was the first shiny ive ever seen

cannibaleyes
28th January 2010, 11:00 PM
My lamest shiny experience would probably be the time I was chaining Growlithe, and I kinda forget that they knew Roar. Got a shiny patch, and it roared me away before I could hypnotize it. XD
..A similar thing happened with Ralts, too. x__X
Another "Noooooo!" moment that I remember well was when a shiny Beldum killed itself with recoil damage. >.>
The lamest shiny that I actually own would have to be Bidoof, since Bidoof are just.. Lame in general. XD
EDIT: Oh, and I own several shiny Shellos, too. And while they're lame, Bidoof is still lamer. =P

TrUmPzTeR
30th January 2010, 9:19 AM
Mine was a shiny Cacturne in Diamond
It had bad stats but anyways, it's gold not green! ^^

And my dad (Who used to play Pokemon) encountered a shiny Ho-Oh in Gold Version and accidentally killed it with Surf (Big FAIL)

7 tyranitars
30th January 2010, 10:24 AM
I'm someon who have bad luck whit those things I only found a shiny aron once in emerald and the thing used roar :"(

Jacob702
30th January 2010, 12:32 PM
IMO, I don't like the way shiny Pokemon look. And ironically I was spending hours trying to find a Larvitar in FireRed, and when I finally found one it was a shiny....I caught it but i went to get another one.

slowdude
1st February 2010, 9:45 AM
Shiny Carnavana that i encountered while fishing for Feebas on my sapphire. I would of preferred a Feebas but what ever. Its now a Sharpedo of course.

Kotone
1st February 2010, 9:54 AM
I never chain them because they always break anyway...
Gen2 - Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Tyrogue
Gen3 - Shiny Poochyena and Shiny Spearow and when I met I only had a masterball on me still caught it.
Gen4 - Shiny Starly (Jolly nature like omg and it is still untouched)

Rainbowdashtheawesome
1st February 2010, 6:15 PM
My worst two shiny encounters were a Seviper in the Battle Pike and Omastar in the Battle Arcade. They shouldn't let shinies appear except in the wild or eggs; because it is just plain saddening when you find one you couldn't possibly catch if you wanted to.

Of the three I've caught, only one was at all dissapointing. My first one was a pink Sneasel in Snowpoint Temple; the second was a green Machoke (with the No Guard ability) in the route right above the Fight Area; and the third (the letdown) was a gold Magikarp I found when looking for Feebas in Mt. Coronet.

PsychedelicJellyfish
1st February 2010, 9:05 PM
Bidoof. You cannot imagine my joy upon finding it >_<

MKFC
1st February 2010, 9:15 PM
Shiny Magikarp. I trained it to a Gyarados now.

It;s completely useless now, since HG/SS is gonna have a red Gyarados in it.

UnstopabbleForce
1st February 2010, 11:52 PM
I have many shinys from friends but only 3 caught by myself. They are :Bidoof, Cascoon, and Burmy. Yawn.

WynautQueen
2nd February 2010, 1:09 AM
Eh. I have tons and tons of shinies, and I'm never disappointed at getting any shiny, even if it's a Bidoof.

The only disappointing part is when I chain for shinies and none of them are a nature that's really useful. I have that problem with my two shiny Sneasel.

Inferno52387
2nd February 2010, 11:26 PM
Worst shiny I ever caught was a Golduck.;055;

It has almost no visible color difference. If I hadn't seen the little twinkle when he first appeared I would never have know.

hitoshura0
3rd February 2010, 12:40 AM
My newest shiny is rather disappointing: ;413-ii;

There is only a minor change to the coloring of the face, making it very hard to tell it actually is shiny.

blitzbirdwolf
3rd February 2010, 1:01 AM
I found three shinies -two shinies from emerald in a short amount of time-
1- magickarp (Yay I finally have a shining gyrados! oh wait heartgold soulsilver is comming out....)
2- oddish (descent since i got it in the safari zone then evolved it into Bellossom)
3- I finally found a gravelar in platinum and it randomly explodes on me :(

WishIhadaManafi5
3rd February 2010, 1:26 AM
I was lucky enough to find a shiny Pidgey in my Silver version and a shiny Poliwag either in it or my Crystal version.

As for my Diamond version -- the only one that I have is a Shiny Rayquaza, that I traded over from my Emerald version. It took me about 70 soft resets just to get it.

Haven't run into any shiny patches yet though :(. Darn it :p.

Dragonite19
3rd February 2010, 1:55 AM
My worst would have to be my Fearow. Who actually wants a green Fearow?

BlueEew
3rd February 2010, 2:18 PM
oh my god, it's a shiny patch :O

oh, wow, shellos, gee, thanks =\

so, what are your lamest shinies?

I have a few Bidoofs, but to me a shiny is a shiny no matter what Pokemon it is.

Weegee
3rd February 2010, 9:16 PM
The one and only shiny I have ever had is a Nidoran female I randomly ran into in Silver. ;029;

Mr. Joker
3rd February 2010, 10:51 PM
I love my shiny Shellos, thank you very much.

heytheredevon
4th February 2010, 8:33 PM
Haven't gotten a shiny yet. :(

Louseal
5th February 2010, 1:23 AM
Besides the Red Gyrados? In Crystal i saw a shiny snubble, although at the time i didn't know there were shinies (i was 9 i think), i Ko'd it :/
No other encounters yet D:

xFake
5th February 2010, 1:40 AM
If I remember correctly, my shinies, aside from the Gyrados, was a shiny pinsir, a shiny scyther, and a multi-colored Oddish. I guess I was lucky then, cause I haven't found anything other than a Pelliper lol

Cutty
5th February 2010, 9:00 AM
My last random encounter shiny was shiny unown ?
I caught in a pokeball.

Love it love it.

ribcage_x
5th February 2010, 11:36 AM
I think shiny abra is kinda lame since theres hardlya difference in color

Ivysaur_
5th February 2010, 11:54 AM
I have never found a shiny in the wild =[

Xx Flare xX
5th February 2010, 12:17 PM
Shiny Kakuna in Gold >.<
I've also had a Shiny Blissey(evolved Chansey) and Shiny Jolteon (hatched then evolved) in my Diamond and within 10 minutes of starting Platinum Shiny Starly (now a Staraptor<3)

swampertlover5712
5th February 2010, 1:04 PM
my lamest one is my shiny Machamp.
i'm happy it's a shiny, don't get me wrong, it's just that he's green.
i like to think of him as my big green guy. :)

Moonlight_Murkrow96
7th February 2010, 5:48 PM
I have 2. An honest to God random shiny...Pidgey. But, Pidgeot is really pretty. It's gold. And I have a shiny Macargo that my Cousin traded to me for a Groundon. A pretty purple Macargo! So, none of my shinies are really...ugly or dowdy looking.

foxyman1167
7th February 2010, 6:12 PM
I have 8 random encounter Shinies, in order of appearance.

Wurmple - Emerald
Hariyama - Ruby
Zigzagoon* - Emerald
Steelix - Platinum
Quagsire - Platinum
Gyarados - Platinum
Geodude - Platinum
Rattata - FireRed

*It was the Zigzagoon that attacks Prof. Birch that cannot be caught =(

foxyman1167
7th February 2010, 6:14 PM

Wurmple - Emerald
Hariyama - Ruby
Zigzagoon* - Emerald
Starly** - Pearl
Steelix - Platinum
Quagsire - Platinum
Gyarados - Platinum
Geodude - Platinum
Rattata - FireRed

** It was chained.

MizuJosh
7th February 2010, 8:15 PM

Wurmple - Emerald
Hariyama - Ruby
Zigzagoon* - Emerald
Steelix - Platinum
Quagsire - Platinum
Gyarados - Platinum
Geodude - Platinum
Rattata - FireRed

Wow, happened to me too. In Sapphire, the Poochyena that you have to fight from Prof. Birch was shiny. Oh, the golden pooch...

WHONEEDSAGOODNAME
11th February 2010, 5:08 AM
The worst was sneasel....with a defensive nature T_T

Yusei
15th February 2010, 6:00 AM
Shellos is a sick shiny! I dont even have one yet...I have breeded 2.1k shuckles already,...

DarkMime77
23rd February 2010, 11:08 PM
My luck reversed I just Caught a shiny arceus with pokerus, the item was hacked by a friend but its my first caught shiny. I have event pichu by my arceus is beast.

binarypirate
24th February 2010, 9:58 PM
I was chaining Gastrodon while EV training, and happened upon a shiny one. Pretty lame.

But it was made up only seconds later, when, by some twist of fate, my chain was broken.

By a shiny Mr. Mime.

I've also found a shiny Machop in Emerald, Koffing in Firered, and I once saw a shiny Makuhita in Ruby. It got away because I didn't have enough Pokeballs.

Now I carry at least 99 cumulative Pokeballs.

I suppose I have been pretty lucky.

HarryTheSeahorse
27th August 2013, 6:15 PM
Mine's got to be a shiny magikarp, because it evolves into a red gyarados which everyone has, and is probably the worst pokemon ever created. Lucky me c:

Nutter t.KK
27th August 2013, 6:34 PM
Thread Bummped shutting. We have a few Official Shiny threads around the place.