PDA

View Full Version : SallyFrossy Arc (DP-onwards)

Splapp
12th January 2010, 8:14 PM
The main strategy is to try and use Froslass, Smeargle and Uxie to try and set up a Salamence (Lv.X) as soon as possible. Arcanine is in there if I can't set up fast enough wasted, and Corsola works wonders T1 imo.

I haven't got a massive budget, so don't suggest Dialga Lv.X and the like Gold Sarcophagus XD.

Now, for the list ^^

Pokémon (18):
1 x Salamence Lv.X (Arceus, 98)
2 x Salamence (Arceus, 8)
1 x Shelgon (Arceus, 48)
1 x Shelgon (StormFront, 50)
4 x Bagon (Arceus, 52)
2 x Froslass (Arceus 2)
2 x Snorunt (Arceus, 75)
2 x Corsola (Secret Wonders, 84)
2 x Smeargle (Secret Wonders, 66)
1 x Uxie (Legends Awakened...?, 43)

Trainers (26):
4 x Bebe's Search
2 x Quick Ball
1 x Premier Ball
1 x Professor Oak's Visit
2 x Volkner's Philosophy
1 x Cynthia's Feelings
1 x Poké Radar
1 x Pokédex Handy910is
1 x Night Teleporter
2 x Cynthia's Guidance
1 x Battle Tower
2 x Expert Belt
1 x Lucky Egg
1 x Buffer Piece
1 x Rosanne's Research
2 x Rare Candy
2 x Switch

Energy (16):
1 x Upper Energy
2 x Rainbow Energy
7 x Basic Fire Energy
6 x Basic Water Energy

Splapp

p.s. I have no more Cynthia's Feelings, Uxie, or Froslass. Might try and pull some

GalladeTheGreat
13th January 2010, 2:12 AM
Looks like a great deck but the only thing I would add is try to get some Roseanne's in there, 2-4 that way you can get energy's and basics out on the field fast!

Splapp
13th January 2010, 4:41 PM
I've got 2. :)
Also, I've pulled another Froslass so if anyone has a good reason to sub out 1-1 Arcanine and add 1-1 Froslass.

Debating changes...

GalladeTheGreat
15th January 2010, 1:34 AM
I don't think Arcanine benefits the deck as much as Froslass does, especially when you evolve it. Plus for 2 energy's you get a solid 50 damage as long as there are no Stadiums in play in which case you should take out the Arcanine line and add something else.

Splapp
15th January 2010, 5:22 PM
I'm convinced.

-2 Arcanine
-2 Growlithe
-1 Night Teleporter

+1 Froslass
+1 Snorunt
+1 Rosanne's Research
+2 Rare Candy

Right?

GalladeTheGreat
15th January 2010, 5:34 PM
Looks good to me, play with it and tell me if it works or not, if not we'll try something else :P

Splapp
15th January 2010, 6:33 PM
Ok.

I'll probably next buy one or two World Champ decks to playtest against.

For now, i'll battle B-L-S and record results. :)

Splapp
15th January 2010, 10:14 PM
Real sorry for the double post,

SallyFrossy pwned
I had a T2 Salamence, with three Energy, an Expert Belt, and then on top of that, a decent bench (Shelgon, Corsola, Uxie, Froslass, Smeargle)

Seriously. I could even drop a Smeargle for a third Corsola. :)

Splapp

Teleri(Squirtle)
16th January 2010, 1:10 PM
Nice deck! And well done for winning :)
I would maybe remove some energy for something... But it's up to you...

Splapp
16th January 2010, 6:16 PM
16 Energy allows for an average 2-3-2 Starting Hand; e.g.

Corsola, Bagon, Rare Candy, Bebe's Search, Switch, Fire Energy, Water Energy.

2 Pokémon, 3 Trainers, 2 Energy.

Lucario_X_Froslass
17th January 2010, 7:33 AM
XP You phailed at using LBS? Wow. Also, how did you get 3 energy on Salamence by turn-2 when you can only attach one Energy a turn?

Well, for the deck, because I like Froslass and it's actually splashable for search, I'd run 3-3 over 2 Smeargle, making sure the Snorunt are MT. I would also try getting 2 Pachirisu GE to remove the Corsola. Also, now that Claydol is a League promo, try getting some. You should also thicken your Pokemon line to help drawing into stuff. lol Pokemon Rescue could work if you plan to mill your deck to draw into things after thickening your Salamences. That's what I did with BlastiCatty (lol Lightsworn engine FTW! Although, since you only discard one, it's bad to rely on) IDK much else. I always found quick Ball to really safe mah butt in n00b decks. AssortedPokeBalls are good.

~L_X_F

Splapp
17th January 2010, 3:36 PM
XP You phailed at using LBS? No, one of my pals did. It got down to 4-0prizes, killed a Froslass and a Sally :P

Wow. Also, how did you get 3 energy on Salamence by turn-2 when you can only attach one Energy a turn? Top Accelerator. That's why I use 16 Energy ouver 14/15.

Well, for the deck, because I like Froslass and it's actually splashable for search, I'd run 3-3 over 2 Smeargle, OK. As soon as I get them, I'll add them.

making sure the Snorunt are MT. ;D Yep.

I would also try getting 2 Pachirisu GE to remove the Corsola. ASAP :)

Also, now that Claydol is a League promo, try getting some. LA, right?

You should also thicken your Pokemon line to help drawing into stuff. 4-2-3-1?

lol Pokemon Rescue could work if you plan to mill your deck to draw into things after thickening your Salamences. 2?

That's what I did with BlastiCatty (lol Lightsworn engine FTW! Although, since you only discard one, it's bad to rely on) But if you've got 2 Salamence, or even 3?

IDK much else. I always found quick Ball to really safe mah butt in n00b decks. AssortedPokeBalls are good. I had to go through 19 cards with Quick Ball in mah n00bship.

Opinions in yellow.

Splapp