PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

Zodiac The Vampire
13th January 2010, 2:30 PM
So what is everyone's opinion about the third Ranger game?

Current known details here (http://www.serebii.net/ranger3/)

From the main page:

* The game is set in the new Oblivia Region which is a small island range
* The evil team in this game are called the Pokémon Nappers and are led by a character called Red Eye
* The PokéAssist is back, this time where you send the Pokémon in question out into the field to assist in the capturing of other Pokémon. However, if the Pokémon receives damage, it will run away
* The game allows you to ride on the back of the Legendary Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune to get past certain areas
* You encounter a Pichu whom carries a Ukulele whom seems to have a big part in the story
* There are symbols that you can draw that all certain Pokémon, such as the aforementioned beasts should you need them. They have released a symbol for Eevee and a symbol for Croagunk.
* There's a trial version coming on the Nintendo Channel on January 29th
* There is a multiplayer mode. Up to four players can play to try and capture the most Pokémon
* There's a secret about the Deoxys you can download. It is to be revealed next month

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2010, 2:35 PM
Looks cool. I loved Ranger 2, very understated game.

* I noticed Bellossom actually appears when you use its assist, making me wonder if maybe each Pokemon have their own unique.
* I was hoping Deoxys would play a part in the next Ranger game, although my idea involved a giant controlling Satellite, lol. The thing about Deoxys that's a secret makes me wonder if perhaps the in-game one will have a unique form, possibly transferable to another game down the line.
* Great, UKPichu. Hope it's not as boring as the disproportionately hyped NE Pichu.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 2:37 PM
It looks very good so far. More action than in the other Ranger titles by the look of it.

I'm most excited about the Deoxys event that will be implemented in the Ranger game.

Ash-kid
13th January 2010, 2:45 PM
It's a great game, according what i see in the information on it.

I would like to try "riding on Entei". although the game is still not out.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 3:05 PM
By the look of it, Latias and Latios will be in a Ranger title for the first time ever :)

I've also noticed Marill in one of the pre-release pics. Not 100% confirmed that the Marill line will be in there since these are beta images. I remember Rhyhorn being in the original beta images and not being in the actual game.

EDIT: Also noticed Ledyba, Ursaring, Quagsire.

Auraninja
13th January 2010, 3:37 PM
I hope this "special thing" about Deoxys benefits all forms. The reason? I already have a Modest Deoxys that I plan to have in Speed Form, and I wanted to get a Defense Deoxys to experiment with its moveset.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 3:48 PM
I hope this "special thing" about Deoxys benefits all forms. The reason? I already have a Modest Deoxys that I plan to have in Speed Form, and I wanted to get a Defense Deoxys to experiment with its moveset.

Most likely. Unless it only benefits a possible new Deoxys form in the next series of games though that's "up in the air" at the moment.

jolteonjak
13th January 2010, 4:26 PM
I'm interested to see what we new Pokemon we can transfer to whatever games. Never played the first one, but the second one was kinda cool.

Zodiac The Vampire
13th January 2010, 4:30 PM
I was thinking that the most likely "special thing" about the Deoxys will either be special moves, a new forme, a different ability or being a shiny Deoxys. It is one of the three legendary Pokémon I don't have (the others being Celebi and Arceus) so I'm glad it's being made available through this game.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 4:31 PM
I'm interested to see what we new Pokemon we can transfer to whatever games. Never played the first one, but the second one was kinda cool.

Maybe that Ukulele Pichu is transferable to other games?

TheLupineOne
13th January 2010, 4:32 PM
Looks pretty sweet.
Latias!

Will this thread be granted "Official" status any time soon?

chicco
13th January 2010, 5:14 PM
This game looks awsome I will absulutely get it! I loved the previous games ^^

Ledyba
13th January 2010, 5:44 PM
Great! I was waiting for the next ranger game for so long!!

Zodiac The Vampire
13th January 2010, 6:45 PM
I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.

Zalman
13th January 2010, 7:03 PM
Was never a fan of Ranger games, although I might give this a try. Riding the dogs looks fun.

Steelia
13th January 2010, 7:05 PM
Yes! I was hoping there'd be another Ranger game coming out soon, what, after the flood of Mystery Dungeon titles. (Wouldn't that be something to see a Ranger for WiiWare... Have fun waving the Wiimote. Haha.)

In any case, as always, I'm very interested in seeing what Legendaries are being offered. Entei, Raikou, and Suicune alone seal the deal for this little package for me (and having Latios and Latias for the first time is really great, as is the return of Deoxys)...
I almost didn't get Ranger 2 just because of the... rather uninspired line-up of Legends, compared to the 1st one (until the downloadable missions featuring Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai and Shaymin came about); for me, the Legends make the game.

And yet again, I hope for a little more 1st Generation lovin', along the lines of *finally* featuring Mewtwo (with another side-quest helping of Mew), as well as the 3 birds. I'd just love to see how they would look in such a beautifully sprite fashion. The detail in these games is amazing.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 7:10 PM
I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.

As opposed to a Fifth Generation game or the Fifth Generation itself?

Ultimate Glalie
13th January 2010, 7:37 PM
I'm glad that a new Ranger game is on the way. Hopefully it will actually be a challenge to beat, unlike Ranger 2.

Battra
13th January 2010, 8:00 PM
Sweet a new Ranger game.

Nibbles4Ever
13th January 2010, 8:31 PM
Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 8:36 PM
Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.

Something about the creator of Pokemon wanting people to experience the main games on handheld consoles.

mrfatcat
13th January 2010, 8:52 PM
Sweet! I hope that the Deoxys is a code like Manaphy (USA), not a wi-fi event.

If it IS a wi-fi event, I'll just go to tacobell, I guess...

Electric
13th January 2010, 9:04 PM
How is the region called Oblivia?

You can't make the word "Oblivia" with the Japanese alphabet.

"o" is a combination
"vi" and "a" are combinations
"li" can also be "ri" because they sound similar
But there is a "bl" next to each other. Impossible. The Japanese language consists of either vowels or non vowels (consonants) plus a vowel and "n"

"obl" is not a combo. The closest thinkg would be "obuli" because the "b" needs a vowel.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 9:06 PM
How is the region called Oblivia?

Something like "Ouburuivia"? Idk.

Anyway, what kind of name is Oblivia? Sounds too dark, like the region was destroyed or something.

ForeverFlame
13th January 2010, 9:09 PM
I like the Ranger games, but Shadows of Almia really annoyed me due to the lame, predictable storyline, the extremely cliche characters, and how linear the Pokemon captures were. You follow the path, capture one Pokemon, use it to get to the next path, capture some more Pokemon to get to the next few paths, find a hard-to-capture Pokemon to melt the ice/break the big rock/whatever, get to the boss, capture boss, rinse and repeat.

I hope this game shakes things up some.

Torpoleon
13th January 2010, 9:32 PM
This sounds great. I thimk that the US will get it in either Nov. 2010 or Dec. 2010.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 9:34 PM
This sounds great. I thimk that the US will get it in either Nov. 2010 or Dec. 2010.

Probably :p

It's an ongoing trend. Japan gets Ranger games in the Spring, we get them in the Fall.

Shneak
13th January 2010, 9:51 PM
Meh. It's a Ranger game. Not really into the side-series. If this is the big CoroCoro news, it's a disappointment.

And what's with the 'Tracks'? Another Spirit Tracks? :P

SmartD
13th January 2010, 10:07 PM
Cool, a new Ranger game. I wonder what could be special about the Deoxys. Maybe it has a special move like the Riolu from Shadows of Almia. Riding on Entei, Raikou, and Suicune looks cool.

BM14murph
13th January 2010, 10:32 PM
I really love the ranger series so i'm glad to hear there's finally a new one.......dungeon has been hoggging all of the glory lately for the side series'

Maybe the rock capsule has something to do with all of this

Nibbles4Ever
13th January 2010, 10:38 PM
I just thought of something else that is really annoying. How come we know when this is cming out, they just started talking about it, where as the mystery dungeon wii games have been out in Japan since june and we still don't know when they are being released in america??!! >.<

EeveeSkitty
14th January 2010, 12:14 AM
This is awesome! I love the Ranger games, and I've been waiting for a third version <3

Zodiac The Vampire
14th January 2010, 1:20 AM
As opposed to a Fifth Generation game or the Fifth Generation itself?

A fifth generation anything! I think loads of people want to hear news soon so that the wait between it and the current generation isn't a repeat of the ridiculously long gap between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl.

chikoritalover16
14th January 2010, 2:04 AM
Sounds cool. I loved Shadows of Almia, even though playing through a second time I saw why everyone thought it was so easy. I'm happy for this, since I was worried there wasn't going to be a new Ranger game until new pokemon, i.e., fifth gen. I just hope that they won't put Sinnoh pokemon all over the place! It annoyed me. I'd look at my brother playing the original Ranger and see this diverse mix and then look and mine and see Sinnoh.

Anyway, who likes how the characters look? I love how the male character's hair sticks up like that xD

Defy gravity!
;152;

elite ralf
14th January 2010, 2:25 AM
5th gen! 5th gen! l0l I hope they put a ranger-exclusive new gen again,just like what they did with manaphy. I mean, the long wait for the official website to reveal the password! man, that's what really impacted my ranger experience.

R_N
14th January 2010, 2:55 AM
Neat, I really like the Ranger games.

but "Oblivia", really? With a name like that it's just asking for trouble

zeno48
14th January 2010, 3:06 AM

I am happy for a ranger sequal but at the same time it's understandable why they haven't announced a 5th generation. I'm certain it's going to appear on the next succesor of the ds. Which means until they announce that we can expect pokemon spinoffs for awhile.

Chimchar15
14th January 2010, 4:17 AM
I am happy for a ranger sequal but at the same time it's understandable why they haven't announced a 5th generation. I'm certain it's going to appear on the next succesor of the ds. Which means until they announce that we can expect pokemon spinoffs for awhile.

No not really I doubt they would wait that long. I suspect we'll see 5 gen a lot sooner tan people think.

Steelia
14th January 2010, 6:20 AM
...It would be pretty neat if a 5th Gen had a cameo in this game. The first Mystery Dungeon game did that with the statues, no?
After all, wouldn't March be a somewhat decent time to reveal a teaser for one, anyway? GAME FREAK doesn't have to show us anything; we'd probably have to discover it ourselves... unless it's still too early.

Either in-game, or a special downloadable mission, after the full-blown revealing . . . Given, we actually DO see a 5th Gen this year.

Little Wishling
14th January 2010, 6:30 AM
I like the Ranger games, but Shadows of Almia really annoyed me due to the lame, predictable storyline, the extremely cliche characters, and how linear the Pokemon captures were. You follow the path, capture one Pokemon, use it to get to the next path, capture some more Pokemon to get to the next few paths, find a hard-to-capture Pokemon to melt the ice/break the big rock/whatever, get to the boss, capture boss, rinse and repeat.

I hope this game shakes things up some.

I completely agree with you. Especially about the characters. The people in shadows of almia were completely black and white. I hope this new game introduces a bit better gaggle of villains and heroes.

Also, in my opinion, I think the female character looks very nice. She actually has realistic hair. Can't say the same for the male character though.

Chimchar15
14th January 2010, 7:30 AM
I find it ironic that every time a ranger game comes out, six months later a main Pokemon game(s) gets released. So I wonder what might happen in a few months from now.

zeno48
14th January 2010, 7:31 AM
No not really I doubt they would wait that long. I suspect we'll see 5 gen a lot sooner tan people think.

I really doubt they will keep it on the ds and it's obvious nintendo already has plans for a new handheld. No point in keeping it on the ds and every generation of pokemon has been on a new handheld so yes it will be that long.

Zalman
14th January 2010, 8:19 AM
No, Nintendo is not planning a new handheld. It was all a big mistake. (http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=110612)

We won't see a 5th generation in a while.

Spirit of Darkness
14th January 2010, 8:30 AM
I liked the previous ranger game, so I might get his one. I expect the English release to be in September.

FlameRose
14th January 2010, 9:35 PM
YES. I loved Shadows of Almia and it's plot/characters, and I've been DYING for a third one. Totally buying it when it comes to the USA!

Also, I wonder if characters from the past two will get roles/cameos, ala like Shadows of Almia?

ITOMARU
15th January 2010, 1:41 AM
Also, I wonder if characters from the past two will get roles/cameos, ala like Shadows of Almia?

Of course. Hastings and Murph have to appear, and the Go-Rock Quads need to be at least mentioned.

So yeah, this looks awesome. The characters look fine, except they're too thin. How can they be Rangers, climbing mountains and fording lava, when they look like a stiff breeze could take them down? And they don't even have stylers! The just have a disk on the wrist. New uniform is pretty good though.
Partner with a ukulele? The almighty music type Poke Assist, or something.
Pokemon Nappers? Just sounds like Team Snagem, but without cool machines. Red Eye though, he sounds cool. I hope he at least has a plan beyond kidnapping Pokemon...
Riding legenaries, multiplayer, special Deoxys... I noticed that the Doexys fight has a time limit! Lovely.
One question: does anyone know what's happening in that Staraptor picture?

Illusione-Tempus
15th January 2010, 7:28 AM
One question: does anyone know what's happening in that Staraptor picture?

Flying towards the sun... Maybe?

Well I can't wait for the release, though I think the SoA's main character designs look better. Oh well, another game which the sprites are worse than the series before it. I'll live with it though =/

ITOMARU
15th January 2010, 9:42 AM
Flying towards the sun... Maybe?

But there are huge pink and green balls! And people standing in the sky! What on Earth could be happening?

SoulSilverMstr411
15th January 2010, 10:48 AM
I didn't enjoy SoA enough to justify buying another Ranger game. 'Though I have to admit this does look intresting. A Pichu with a ukulele? What have these guys been huffing?!

TheLupineOne
15th January 2010, 11:06 AM
Just one problem... just what's with the Jedward quiff?

jolteonjak
15th January 2010, 2:00 PM
I didn't enjoy SoA enough to justify buying another Ranger game. 'Though I have to admit this does look intresting. A Pichu with a ukulele? What have these guys been huffing?!

SoA was OK for me too, but the extra Pokemon were nice. Let's hope this new one has some good extra Pokemon. I kinda figured you'd get a new Deoxys from that mission.

Prisimviere
15th January 2010, 2:17 PM
Really? A new Pokemon Ranger game?
Sounds sweet. Since it has some cool new features, it is possible that I'll be excited for this one. Oh, I see the character on Serebii's homepage. *sigh* The protagonist guy looks young again. I prefer mature-looking protagonists like Lunick and Solana :\

mitchman_93
15th January 2010, 2:23 PM
Something about the creator of Pokemon wanting people to experience the main games on handheld consoles.
The main games is where you lost this post. Rangers is a spin off and is not effected by the decisions of Gamefreak.

SoA was OK for me too, but the extra Pokemon were nice. Let's hope this new one has some good extra Pokemon. I kinda figured you'd get a new Deoxys from that mission.
Well of course you would get a Deoxys outta it, they said it from the start. :P

GalladeX
15th January 2010, 3:42 PM
Maybe the Pokemon Nappers are just a group of people that sleep a lot >_>
I don't know why there is so much Pichu everywhere.
The notch-eared, the Arceus movie, and now this.
And this one plays the Ukelele.

Chimchar15
15th January 2010, 3:42 PM
Hey guys could you always have more than one Pokemon, use a field move at the same time?

Prisimviere
15th January 2010, 3:49 PM
^Yes that sounds like a good idea :D

Chimchar15
15th January 2010, 4:05 PM
^Yes that sounds like a good idea :D

Umm actually I've seen it done here in this video (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/action/target02.html).

Auraninja
16th January 2010, 8:21 AM
I'm thinking, maybe the Deoxys has a different special move depending on what form you send over, my guess...

Normal Form: Aura Sphere
Attack Form: Close Combat
Defense Form: Leech Seed
Speed Form: U-Turn

Just a guess, I do think it will turn out to be something like that though.

anmefan200081
16th January 2010, 9:42 AM
I own both pokemon games. I bought the second after my grandfather died so playing as a girl was a mistake in that one. The first one I got for christmas. I have been looking forward to another ranger game since I beat both ranger games (100%). They were mainly for the pokemon I can put in my pokemon games, but grew to love them. Now I hope this one comes to america as fast as it can.

Prisimviere
16th January 2010, 10:19 AM
I took a closer look to the protagonists (both male and female) and I think they look like Brendan and May lol :) I'm starting to like them. So does the Ukulele Pichu (so adorable : D).

Tyranitar trainer
17th January 2010, 1:14 AM
Pokemon Sunday revealed Ranger 3 as expected

TurtwigFan1
17th January 2010, 12:47 PM
Can't wait for it, I'm a big fan of the Ranger games so hopefully this will be better and longer. Sure SoA was longer than Ranger 1, but I can still finish it in around 10-12 hours.

Ukelele Pichu though? Bit weird if you ask me, is it definitely your partner or just an NPC Pok&#233;mon?

Glad to see Murph and Hastings and the new region looks quite good. Strange name though, post-apocalyptic anyone?

Either way, I'll be getting the game and getting a Deoxys is even better.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 6:46 PM
Pokemon Sunday revealed Ranger 3 as expected

Any new details? Or more of the same?

I noticed the site has a few more screenshots but I'm not sure if those were from Sunday.

Tyranitar trainer
17th January 2010, 6:52 PM
They showed a extened clip

Mr. Joker
18th January 2010, 5:33 PM
I have mixed feelings on the game. I love the Ranger series, but I don't know how to take this game.

The one thing that I cannot stand is, why the hell would they choose a Pichu as your partner. Seriously, IT HAS A FLIPPING BANJO. Who would want a Pichu with a banjo? Not me.

rocky505
19th January 2010, 7:41 AM
who couldn't see hastings returning I like the art of the Villian but the ukele Pichu is strange. I don't really like the signs I was fine with drawing circles around them in SOA but the first ranger was harsh.

Illusione-Tempus
19th January 2010, 8:59 AM
why the hell would they choose a Pichu as your partner.

Same here, I would rather go with the SoA way, I mean 17 types of partner pokemon is good for me, and I'm kinda sick of Electric type Poke-assist for our partner. Gets too common :p

ITOMARU
19th January 2010, 9:08 AM
who couldn't see hastings returning I like the art of the Villian but the ukele Pichu is strange. I don't really like the signs I was fine with drawing circles around them in SOA but the first ranger was harsh.

You don't like the Ranger Sign? Eh, whatever.

So yeah, I watched some of the videos on the site... seems that the 'combo bonus' is built into the styler right at the beginning.
And combination target clears! Lovely. It never did make sense to me how one Roselia could cut through a tree trunk by itself... Another thing about targets that got to me in SoA was that when you used soak on a burning log... the log dissolved. And the same with big boulders when they were pushed! I hope none of that happens...
I saw Luxio using a Poke Assist... it didn't stay in the screen like Bellossom did, though... how odd.
And Ranger Sign! The power to call Pokemon from a distance! Lovely. I really hope there aren't just specific places where you can call Pokemon, or something. I'd like to be able to call them anywhere. Just walking through a little town, and then; "I CALL UPON THE ALMIGHTY BEAST OF LIGHTNING, RAIKOU!". It'd be lovely to see how nobody on the street reacts in any way.

TurtwigFan1
19th January 2010, 9:12 PM
And Ranger Sign! The power to call Pokemon from a distance! Lovely. I really hope there aren't just specific places where you can call Pokemon, or something. I'd like to be able to call them anywhere. Just walking through a little town, and then; "I CALL UPON THE ALMIGHTY BEAST OF LIGHTNING, RAIKOU!". It'd be lovely to see how nobody on the street reacts in any way.

That would be funny :) The hilarity of Pokémon games. I hope we get it late 2010 (we being England). I love the Ranger games.

I also can't understand the Ukelele Pichu. Plusle and Minun were quite meh, but this?! I'd much rather have good ol' Partner Farm!

Orton155
19th January 2010, 11:05 PM
That would be funny :) The hilarity of Pok&#233;mon games. I hope we get it late 2010 (we being England). I love the Ranger games.

I also can't understand the Ukelele Pichu. Plusle and Minun were quite meh, but this?! I'd much rather have good ol' Partner Farm!

I should think england/europe will get the game late 2010 tending the usual pattern.

And I agree with you about the ukelele pichu, what is up with pokemon and pichu for the past year and a bit it has been one more after another first PC pichu, then spikey eared pichu and now a ukelele pichu it is beginning to get on my nerves! However, I do like electric types so I dont mind the type of my partner ;) but I can see you guy's point about being the same type for the partner all the time.

Just a general comment, I do like all the modifications they have done like multi pokemon field moves, and I also like the return of mr hasting and murph (even though I fear how almia is coping without them) and also the quests was a good thing last time so I liked them returning too.

But I do hope they do something with the afterstory this time, just going round getting pokemon and then catching yet another (regigigas) made me feel a bit down, but the wi-fi missions kinda raised the hopes a little.

Mudkip8003
19th January 2010, 11:23 PM
Sounds like a good game. New legends, the main characters look awsome, and the Ukelele Pichu is good. Let's hope that we get some more Pokemon and an even longer plot!

Chimchar15
22nd January 2010, 7:27 PM
Hey there's a new trailer for tracks of light. Here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrtU_rEu8A).

Lorde
23rd January 2010, 12:56 AM
Hey there's a new trailer for tracks of light. Here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrtU_rEu8A).

Thanks for the link, I've been looking everywhere for it.

I've noticed Serebii posted some new screenshots. I like how they've incorporated Kanto and Johto Pokemon that weren't found in the first two Ranger titles.

Like Articuno and the other legendary birds.

Yellow Aura
23rd January 2010, 12:56 AM
Well, so far it looks better than the previous ones, with all the new features so far and judging from the screenshots, but we'll have to wait until it comes out to be sure. But so far I'm very excited for it.

R_N
23rd January 2010, 1:19 AM
Wait wait is the ukulele pichu called ukelichu
or did he just say it really fast

also I love the track played at the part where Entei is summoned

really the whole trailer was really neat

Steelia
24th January 2010, 6:25 PM
The one thing that I cannot stand is, why the hell would they choose a Pichu as your partner. Seriously, IT HAS A FLIPPING BANJO. Who would want a Pichu with a banjo? Not me.

Makes me wonder how people thought of Meowth playing that guitar of his... or whatever he had back in the anime (and seen on his Melee trophy).

I'm really glad the 3 birds are being introduced... They're LONG overdue. Hopefully this means Mewtwo can also make some kind of appearance, side quest, downloadable or otherwise; he's the last of the 1st Gen Legends to appear in that glorious Ranger pixel detail.

talala
24th January 2010, 9:21 PM
anyone else notice typhlosion, feraligatr, and metagross (and my guess based on 2 of these, meganium) are bosses in the game from the trailer? ._.

Auraninja
25th January 2010, 12:19 AM
This (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/butai/01.html) section of the subsite for Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light contains the map of the archipelago in which the game takes place.

There are some general things I've noticed. There are three big islands, the top one having a huge ice mountain and a natural resevoir. The other two are connected by a bridge. There are three more islands that are discernable. One is covered by dark clouds which might be a hideout for the villains of the game. One island is small and barely noticeable, and the other island is really a volcano. There is also a darker area of water on the top right. Maybe there is something under there, or it may be where you get the Manaphy egg.

talala
25th January 2010, 12:24 AM
This (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/butai/01.html) section of the subsite for Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light contains the map of the archipelago in which the game takes place.

There are some general things I've noticed. There are three big islands, the top one having a huge ice mountain and a natural resevoir. The other two are connected by a bridge. There are three more islands that are discernable. One is covered by dark clouds which might be a hideout for the villains of the game. One island is small and barely noticeable, and the other island is really a volcano. There is also a darker area of water on the top right. Maybe there is something under there, or it may be where you get the Manaphy egg.

or one - ice mountain - articuno

two - dark clouds - zapdos

three - volcano - moltres

dark waters - lugia(?)

Auraninja
25th January 2010, 12:37 AM
or one - ice mountain - articuno

two - dark clouds - zapdos

three - volcano - moltres

dark waters - lugia(?)
That could be true considering how in the trailer, Articuno is encountered on an icy terrain.

Yellow Aura
25th January 2010, 3:12 AM
anyone else notice typhlosion, feraligatr, and metagross (and my guess based on 2 of these, meganium) are bosses in the game from the trailer? ._.
Yay

Thanks for this, now we can see how different locations might work in the storyline. But is it me, or does this region look a little, uh, small?

Lorde
25th January 2010, 3:14 AM

Geez, compared to Almia and maybe even Fiore, Oblivia sure looks small. Maybe because it's composed of little islands but it looks too small to hold my interest :S

I also think that dark spot is the spot where you can dive for Manaphy's Egg among other things.

Eternal Darkness
25th January 2010, 5:15 AM
The first 2 Ranger games were awesome. Can't wait for it to come out in the US.

Why is the Manaphy Egg a recurring item in the Ranger games? Has it been confirmed yet?

The Deoxys is really interesting as in if you got all the downloadable pokemon from the last two movies all the events than the only two pokemon you can't get that are legendary are Deoxys and Celebi.

Than there is the possibilty of a new Pokemon showing up or more in the game like in Gale of Darkness.

The new team looks interesting though but they should let them actually get what they want and the only thing that could save everything was the Ukele Pichu.

R_N
25th January 2010, 5:35 AM
I'm willing to bet that, even if it seems small, the areas are quite large. For all we know, there could be a number of towns and "dungeons" of a variety of sizes.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a number of underwater areas.

Eternal Darkness
25th January 2010, 5:39 AM
There might be a underground city or underwater city.

R_N
25th January 2010, 5:41 AM
Makes me wonder how people thought of Meowth playing that guitar of his... or whatever he had back in the anime (and seen on his Melee trophy).

I'm really glad the 3 birds are being introduced... They're LONG overdue. Hopefully this means Mewtwo can also make some kind of appearance, side quest, downloadable or otherwise; he's the last of the 1st Gen Legends to appear in that glorious Ranger pixel detail.

I would love it if there was a Mewtwo mission where you could download a Mewtwo to your game ala Deoxys.

If only because it'd probably be level 50. That'd be a nice change of pace.

I'll also predict that there will be an Arceus scenario, but will be a download mission. Probably won't be able to get one out of the game though.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
25th January 2010, 5:59 AM
I have mixed feelings on the game. I love the Ranger series, but I don't know how to take this game.

It's a ukelele. The difference between a banjo and a ukelele is a dozen or so pounds. I have no idea about weight, but a banjo is generally about five times the size of a ukelele.

One thing I realized when I saw this: the new female character looks hot. Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em; if you don't agree, deal with it.

ITOMARU
25th January 2010, 8:26 AM
It's a ukelele. The difference between a banjo and a ukelele is a dozen or so pounds. I have no idea about weight, but a banjo is generally about five times the size of a ukelele.

One thing I realized when I saw this: the new female character looks hot. Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em; if you don't agree, deal with it.

I do believe that Minami is too thin for my liking. I much prefer people like May, or Aria, or Rythmi, or Whitney, or Wendy, or Flannery... I could go on, but won't.

Anyway, I've now seen the trailer, and the Pokemon Sunday thing. A thing I wonder: was the thing that the spiky-haired fellow playing the beginning of the actual game, or was it a part of this 'trial version' I've heard about? It would be a nice beginning, introducing the villains immediately like that, instead of introducing the grunts one at a time... I like that, but I'd dislike it if every mission you got was 'Defeat PokeNappers!'. I like it how in SoA, you got a couple of missions that were just 'Deliver the newspaper', and 'Teach children'. Not like Ranger one where basically every mission majorly involved the Go-Rock Squad...

About the PokeNappers... Capturing the Legendary Birds in a flying fortress? Real original... but I don't mind so much. Anyway, these Nappers ride on flying segways that shoot energy balls, they have a submarine, and they have a flying fortress with giant energy cannons. And all they're Pokemon Nappers... Pokemon Kidnappers... Why not 'Ultimate Aerial Destroyers', or something?

Speaking of aerial stuff, flying is now 60% cooler! You can fly through the sky on Latios, dodging energy balls and lightning bolts! Capturing swarms of Pidgey! Lovely!

(s.i.e)
25th January 2010, 11:56 AM
hm, they better do something about the gameplay because it's repeative and becomes boring after a while, that's a problem that already occured in the last two parts but knowing me i'll end up buying it once more out of curiosity.

ITOMARU
25th January 2010, 1:10 PM
Ohyes, a few more things:

In the trailer, right after showing the flying fortress firing it's huge energy ball, it showed male hero jumping off a Lapras into the sea. They are most likely different events, but I still found it funny to think of a ranger abandoning a Lapras, leaving it to die while he escapes into the sea. ...yeah, I have a weird sense of humour.

Anyway, multiplayer looks awesome. I wonder what kind of missions would be done, aside from the Deoxys one. Multiple captures and Poke Assists are great! The Sync Shapes are nice, but they seem a tad overpowered... Anyway, it's a pity that I don't have any friends who play Ranger!

One last thing I noticed: When Blaziken was using it's Blaze Kick on Metagross, I observed that the friendship bar at the top had red stuff in it, not yellow. And when hit with Blaze Kick, the redness went down, not up. I wonder what that could mean...

mysteryperson
25th January 2010, 6:51 PM
I noticed that in this trailer (http://www.filb.de/1231), 36 seconds in, Ukelele Pichu seems to be able to talk. I don't know anything about Japanese, but the red area where its name is matches its Japanese name, and the text it "says" is one symbol off of its Japanese name. Could this be a typo, or could it mean there is something more "special" about the Ukelele Pichu?

ITOMARU
26th January 2010, 12:23 AM
I noticed that in this trailer (http://www.filb.de/1231), 36 seconds in, Ukelele Pichu seems to be able to talk. I don't know anything about Japanese, but the red area where its name is matches its Japanese name, and the text it "says" is one symbol off of its Japanese name. Could this be a typo, or could it mean there is something more "special" about the Ukelele Pichu?

Well y'see, that last character is a small 'tsu', which is silent. It's used to emphasize the consonant that comes after it, I think... I don't know what it does at the end of words though. But, all that Pichu is saying is "Pichyu!". Of that, I am somewhat almost certain.

realarcastform
26th January 2010, 8:19 PM
Well, more news is coming in February.
We'll see what surprises they have for us and hopefully how many Ranger Signs there are. We'll need a guide, within the game, to remember them all. This is to compensate for the 17 partners we could get in the last game. It would be great if the regular Assists could be used until their HP is empty or if we release them manually.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th January 2010, 10:06 PM
I loved how you place the Pokemon down to summon them in battle.

Also, seems you can link up 2 or 3 Pokemon for a stronger assist.

Lorde
27th January 2010, 10:11 PM
If linking up is helpful to getting a stronger assist, then I don't see how I'll be able to use that feature. Not many people here have a DS so Ranger title are rare.

The Ukelele Pichu seems to be the most interesting Pokemon since Meowth. When has a Pokemon ever played an instrument before now? (Not counting Kricketot/Kricketune)

Steelia
28th January 2010, 4:36 PM
Haha, yes, Mew seems to be in the game! Unless the footage over at Filb.de was just for a brief demo only. If that makes it in the final, downloadable or otherwise, then Good show.
Now all's we need is a side helping of Mewtwo, and we should have the 1st Gen Legends covered. If he doesn't, I won't not consider buying the game, but it would be nice... unless he's being saved up as some kind of primary Pkmn for any future Ranger title.

parasky
28th January 2010, 8:57 PM
This looks cool ,as long as i does'nt SUCK like the 1st one and be GREAT like Shadows Of Almia.

Orton155
29th January 2010, 7:05 PM
Not happy with the deoxys event annoucement to be only multiplayer has stopped one of my only chances to get a deoxys as I dont have a friend close by to play pokemon with so no deoxys for me :(

Lorde
29th January 2010, 10:54 PM
Not happy with the deoxys event annoucement to be only multiplayer has stopped one of my only chances to get a deoxys as I dont have a friend close by to play pokemon with so no deoxys for me :(

I feel the same way, though I can get the Deoxys via trade if necessary. Would've been nice to get it myself though.

I think Pokemon games are moving towards multiplayer concepts again.

halloweenghost
29th January 2010, 10:58 PM
I have noone else to play with so i guess no deoxys for me..oh well I have two of them anyways :P

EeveeSkitty
30th January 2010, 2:17 AM
WHY MULTIPLAYER!?!?

You know Nintendo, I don't think I'm getting this game. Who seriously has someone close by to play with?

They could make it Wi-Fi compatible...

Rainbowdashtheawesome
30th January 2010, 3:41 AM

Thankfully I'm covered; I have 2 DSs. Unfortunately, in order to use this I will need to own two copies of the game.
Not really unusual for me, after all, I have:
2 Pearl versions
3 Diamonds
2 Platinums
2 MD Reds
2 MD Blues

The scary thing is that all of those except one MD Red and one MD Blue were bought with my own money right out of my own wallet. I guess there are some good things about having such limited tastes that I never bother buying anything but Pokemon games and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

R_N
30th January 2010, 5:03 AM
So...I take it the game doesn't have Wi-Fi multiplayer, then?

Odd choice there.

I think Pokemon games are moving towards multiplayer concepts again.
Those concepts never left. Ever.
At all.

jolteonjak
11th February 2010, 5:46 PM
WHY MULTIPLAYER!?!?

You know Nintendo, I don't think I'm getting this game. Who seriously has someone close by to play with?

They could make it Wi-Fi compatible...

I understand that's the whole premise of the Pokemon franchise/brand, but I'm always hard-pressed to find anyone to trade/play with. That's why I have 2 DS's, and multiple copies of some of the games. I hope the mission is such that the second person doesn't have to do anything...just show up (fat chance), because I really don't want to be teaching someone else how to play the game.

R_N
14th February 2010, 7:01 AM
So how about those special attacks.

Detect Deoxys seems pretty useless considering it already had Protect.
Meteor Mash seems kind of nice, certainly better then Detect. Probably better moves out there, but eh.

Eruption Heatran made me surprised, since I thought the Pokemon that lived in and controlled a volcano got this naturally.

Also why does Bulbapedia call this "Locus of Light"

DarkerShining
15th February 2010, 1:00 PM
This game looks really interesting... But the whole Deoxys thing seems kinda complicated...

Only the leader? So it can be obtained without multiplayer, or...?

(I really want a Deoxys...)

yaminokame
15th February 2010, 1:37 PM
So how about those special attacks.

Detect Deoxys seems pretty useless considering it already had Protect.
Meteor Mash seems kind of nice, certainly better then Detect. Probably better moves out there, but eh.

Eruption Heatran made me surprised, since I thought the Pokemon that lived in and controlled a volcano got this naturally.

It's wrong and they need to change it, but right now the general consensus seems to be "it's a pain, let's leave it" and "it sounds cooler" lol >.<
[witness the mess] (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Pok&#37;C3%A9mon_Ranger:_Locus_of_Light#Proposing _a_change_from_.22tracks.22_to_.22locus.22)

This game looks really interesting... But the whole Deoxys thing seems kinda complicated...

Only the leader? So it can be obtained without multiplayer, or...?

(I really want a Deoxys...)

I wish :( You need 2+ players to clear the mission and only the leader (whoever initiates the mission) gets it :/ ... which means I'm screwed lol >.<

Torpoleon
15th February 2010, 2:46 PM
I don't know. Maybe that is what it is really called from the Japanese logo or something like that.

I really like this game so far. There are many cool Legendary Pokemon like Deoxys and Heatran.

yaminokame
15th February 2010, 3:45 PM
I don't know. Maybe that is what it is really called from the Japanese logo or something like that.

Nope :/ It's a mistranslation that they need to change :/ ... they just... aren't... and probably won't until the game comes out next month :/

R_N
15th February 2010, 7:10 PM
It's wrong and they need to change it, but right now the general consensus seems to be "it's a pain, let's leave it" and "it sounds cooler" lol >.<
[witness the mess] (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger:_Locus_of_Light#Proposing _a_change_from_.22tracks.22_to_.22locus.22)

Wiki drama is the worst

chikoritalover16
16th February 2010, 1:33 AM
If I can convince my brother to get the game when it comes out in the US, I'll be set!

Defy gravity!
;152;

TheLupineOne
17th February 2010, 12:57 PM
Is that... Skymin!

Nintendo, you have made my day. Another Skymin coming this year! That would make 3! The Event Shaymin I got last year, the Flower Paradise Shaymin, and now this!

Thankyou!

R_N
18th February 2010, 7:49 PM
So two other missions, right?

It'd be awesome if one of them was an Arceus mission, and you could send over an Arceus that wasn't level 100.

Oh oh, or a Mewtwo that wasn't level 70.

The Head Honchkrow
18th February 2010, 7:50 PM
Man, I was so pumped for this game when I found out I could finally get a Deoxys, but NOOOO! They had to screw it up by making it multiplayer only -__-...
Sure, I have 2 DS's, but where is the fun in wasting money and completing the same game twice just to get one Pokemon?

Having said that though, I'll probably buy a copy anyway, just so I can get Manaphy and an extra Shaymin.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Phatkav
20th February 2010, 5:30 AM
I'm not that familiar with the Ranger games, but on Bulbapedia it mentioned that you can play missions in multiplayer with other players. Is this going to be something like KH 358/2 where you can replay previous missions with other players or is there a list of specific missions that can choose from?

SmartD
25th February 2010, 12:18 AM
So far, info for this game looks great. Although the Deoxys mission requires two games, that's a downer for me. At least I have a Deoxys from the Gamestop event a while ago.

Lorde
25th February 2010, 2:27 AM
I saw some of the Ukulele Pichu details on the main site. It's different than any other Pokemon I've seen in a game. Apart from it's unique Assist, it apparently won't follow you when you travel through time.

I'm also kinda mad this Pichu is exclusive to Ranger 3, it would've been cool if it were featured in other games too :3

Little Wishling
25th February 2010, 5:40 AM
The Pokeassist for Ukelele pichu (I'll call it Ukelichu for fun) is really neat. Who knew music notes could be so destructive.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th March 2010, 8:36 PM
Famitsu gave the game a 9/9/9/9 (36/40)

Pretty good. Don't think any of the spin-offs got that high.

Xylon Uxkid
6th March 2010, 4:09 AM
Im really waiting for this game! I didnt like the first one (never finished it) but the second one was a blast! The best spin off Pokemon game...well after Puzzle Adventure.

zeno48
7th March 2010, 9:02 PM
Can someone who has played all three games answer this. Do you think this third installment is better than the previous games or what? How long is it compared to the other two? anything special?

benny_1999
20th March 2010, 12:29 AM
Ah man, i acually hope that there comes a fourth pokémon ranger.

Because i love capturing pokémon.

I want pokémon ranger more that mystery dungeon or just normal pokémon.

benny_1999
20th March 2010, 12:35 AM
Can someone who has played all three games answer this. Do you think this third installment is better than the previous games or what? How long is it compared to the other two? anything special?

I've played all 3 games.

If its was me i say that pokémon ranger 3 is the best, because here you can ride on Entei, Raikou and Suicune. This is tougher to beat than the 2 other games.
I did on the first pokémon ranger just 5.30 hours. At the second one 8.25 hours and now i almost needed 24 hours to complete it. And now you can even fly in the sky. Now there are even underwater and sky chases. So this pokémon ranger is better than the previous ones if you ask me.

IwishIwasAsh
21st March 2010, 12:38 AM
I was thiniking about buying this game. If I buy and beat it, would someone do the deoxys mission with me?

kim12
21st March 2010, 8:33 PM

Actually, locus is right. 軌跡(Kiseki) translates to locus. It's just one of the many possible translations because there are so many English words that mean the same thing.
Locus, track, trace, trail all these are possible. Locus is the dictionary translation.

Lorde
21st March 2010, 11:20 PM

Without spoiling the story for anyone, I think Tracks of Light lacks a certain something. It's not bad but you'd be surprised by how the storyline flows. I'm not a fan. I guess the English version will be more popular since people will understand it better lol.

DYLANJON
10th April 2010, 1:08 PM
hmm, something i decided to bring forth, in all the excitement of Pokemon Black and White, the release date for pokemon ranger: tracks of light hasnt been revealed for english versions yet.

Torpoleon
11th April 2010, 2:59 AM
hmm, something i decided to bring forth, in all the excitement of Pokemon Black and White, the release date for pokemon ranger: tracks of light hasnt been revealed for english versions yet.
Well, Tracks of Light came out in Japan a little bit over a month. We probably wont get a US Release Date until later on in the upcoming months.