PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon TCG Deck Rating Club!

Pages : [1] 2

Liriane
22nd January 2010, 2:20 PM
(Just a note, if I'm not setting up this club right, could one of you nice Mods tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.)

Hi! This is The Pokemon TCG Deck Rating Club! Here, we kindly rate and give tips on one another's Pokemon TCG decks. I know there's already a forum for it, but in this club we can do it as well, and it will be more fun just to be in a club! Ok, enough talk, here are the rules:

1. Read all of the rules before posting.

2. Follow all of the regular forum rules here (i.e. no double posts, spamming, etc.)

3. No 1-lining i.e.
Hi watz up ppls

4. Stay on topic (the above statement would be spamming).

5. I don't mind if you use text talk, but try not to use it excessively, or to the point of us misunderstanding you.

6.This sort of goes with the above statement, but we only post/ratePokemon decks here, so don't post other decks here, for you will get in trouble.

7. Be kind to others. I know it's basic, but some people need to see it in the rules, so just be kind.

8. Use common sense. If you post a deck with 59 water energy and 1 magikarp, you're going to get a lot of improvement ideas, so don't be insulted, just accept their ideas as out of kindness, not just to be mean.

9. (This is the last rule) if you want to join, fill out this application form:

Username
Reason for joining
Do you go to a league?
Have You ever played in a Tournament?
How long have you played Pokemon TCG?
You don't have to play in a league/tourneys, it's just helpful to know.

Please give me 5 days to reply to your request before PMing me about it, because I don't spend my whole life on the internet, only 95% of it.
Have fun!!

Member list:
Owner: Liriane

Co-Owners:
Sinnohdragon

Nidoprince

Members:

Lucas666

Feadric

Splapp

Eeveelution23

Dan The Poke Man

LugiaSoul

Nidoprince
6th February 2010, 12:36 AM
because I don't spend my whole life on the internet, only 95% of it.

That actually made me laugh XD

Username: Nidoprince
Reason for joining: I have 4 decks, I can give decent advice
Do you go to a league? No I don't. I go to 2 :D
Have You ever played in a Tournament? I've played in the HGSS prerelease if that counts.
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? About 4 months.

Liriane
6th February 2010, 1:01 AM
Approved!
and yes, prereleases count ;)

Do you go to a league? No I don't. I go to 2
that made ME laugh!
(I go to two as well)

Nidoprince
6th February 2010, 1:16 AM
One is my back up League. I couldn't go to my other one 3 TIMES IN A ROW one time.

Week 1: Forgot why XD
Week 2: Birthday Party
Week 3: Prerelease (I went to it though)

Which is why I got tired of it and decided to join another one. More on topic, I have some decks, but I will post one now. One that hasn't been rated by the only other member (You XD)...http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=437653 I know, I know, but try and make a deck out of 8 packs, with some additional old cards that are reprinted and energies, and then tell me I should've done better XD However, the set comes out on the tenth, and I'm going to Target to pre-order HGSS anyway, so this deck will be updated then.

Liriane
6th February 2010, 1:42 AM
OK, great for 8 packs, next time post the decklist here, but that's my fault, I didn't say anything...
P.S. I'm soooo excited! I'm going to a prerelease Tomorrow!

Nidoprince
6th February 2010, 3:07 AM
Oh sorry, I'll remember next time.

Lucky...I have to wait 5 days for new packs, but I already went to the prerelease. By the way, I have a topic (Yes, it even exists for non-discussion clubs):

What line do you use for Pokemon families? (Format (Basic)-(Stage 1)-(Stage 2)) (Some people do the other way around for the format)

Well, I mainly use 3-3-2 and then one Lv. X if any. If I have 1 stage Pokemon families, I mainly use 2-1 or if I'm really desperate but I don't have more support, I'll go 1-1. Good example is my Rainbow deck XD if I want a main 1 stage Pokemon family, I'll go 3-3 if possible.

Liriane
6th February 2010, 3:13 PM
Nice! A topic! First one for this club!!
What line do you use for Pokemon families?
I usually go 2-2-2 Beautifly/Dustox or main guys, and 1-1's for not-so-main guys.
Good topic!

Nidoprince
6th February 2010, 5:12 PM
That's one of the reasons my Rainbow deck sucks, it doesn't have bulky lines. Plus some cards might be prized and such. Which is why I'll add Azelf into my Psychic deck along with the other Lake Trio once I get their Lv. X.

Liriane
8th February 2010, 1:51 PM
Alright, on the topic of decks, here's my new one (for now I'm posting this on the deck help forum too, just because we only have two members, but we are the best members ever!!):

2 Phanphy HGSS
1 Donphan HGSS
1 Donphan Prime HGSS
1 Hitmontop HGSS
1 Sandshrew HGSS
1 Sandslash HGSS
1 Shuckle HGSS
1 Hoppip HGSS
1 Skiploom HGSS
1 Jumpluff HGSS
2 Wurmple DP
2 Silcoon PL
2 Beautifly PL

1 Pokemon Contest Hall
3 Pokeball
1 Energy Switch
2 Switch
1 Moomoo Milk
2 Energy Pickup
1 Pokedex
1 Roseanee's Reaserch
1 Bebe's Search
1 Looker's Investigation
1 Cyrus's Initiative
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Professor Elm's Training Method
1 Expert Belt

10 Grass Energy
10 Fighting Energy

Lucas666
8th February 2010, 5:17 PM
Username Lucas666
Reason for joining I want to
Do you go to a league? yes, Fresher sports card and collectables
Have You ever played in a Tournament? Yeah, a few, but only one official, it was HG/SS prerelease (I was totally surprised)
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? 1 year in June

Liriane
9th February 2010, 1:27 AM
Approved! Yay, we're growing!!!

EDIT: Sorry about that, kinda left it at a dead end there. Anyway, how about a new topic:

Are You Going to Buy Out the HGSS Packs as Soon as They Come Out or Wait a Bit?

I'll probably wait a bit, until I need something.

Feadric
13th February 2010, 10:39 PM
User name : Feadric
Reason for joining: Provide helpful deck tips+ get tips on my deck
Do you go to a league? : You of all people should know that I go to two leagues Liriane
Have You ever played in a Tournament? : lost count on how many........
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? : 7 years........

Nidoprince
13th February 2010, 10:53 PM

Next time I go to Target I'll buy a Blister or Tin if they have it. I don't buy single packs anymore.

Liriane
13th February 2010, 11:01 PM
Approved! This is great! All shall soon bow to the might that is our club!!!

Sinnohdragon
13th February 2010, 11:15 PM
Username: Sinnohdragon
Reason for joining: I play the TCG and collect the cards. I like seeing what decks other people build.
Do you go to a league?: I did until it shut down.
Have You ever played in a Tournament?: Cities 09 and Platinum Pre
How long have you played Pokemon TCG?: 6 years approx.

Liriane
13th February 2010, 11:20 PM
Approved! Wow, 2 in 1 day, that's awesome!!

Sinnohdragon
13th February 2010, 11:29 PM
Yay :)

Also, may i suggest putting a member's list on the OP so you can keep track of who's a member or not?

What line do you use for Pokemon families?

4-4-4 if its the main attacker with few techs. 3-3-3 otherwise. 3-1-3 if using Rare Candy. (That's what i use for T-tar)

I'll give it a few weeks then buy a box, all the tins and all the blister packs.

Liriane
13th February 2010, 11:35 PM
Great idea!! I'll put it up now, and in case you're too lazy to scroll up:
Owner: Liriane
Members:
Nidoprince
Lucas666
Feadric
Sinnohdragon

Let me know what you think about having ranks in the club (as in co owner etc)

Feadric
13th February 2010, 11:56 PM
Let's do ranks

Nidoprince
14th February 2010, 9:09 PM
New topic:

What type will/is your HGSS deck?

I'll answer later.

Liriane
14th February 2010, 10:13 PM

mine right now is grass/fighting

Ok, here is the ranking rules (yes we are doing ranks):
1 We will have two co-owners (I'll PM you if I think you are eligible)
2 We will have 5 honored members that post frequently (when we get that many members ;))
That's all for now, give me your ideas.

Sinnohdragon
14th February 2010, 11:39 PM

I have no idea really since the set isn't even out yet where i am. I may go for water though... I heard Feraligatr is bringing back Base Blastoise's Rain Dance.

Also Liriane, i can make banners and userabars(for ranks) if you think it's a good idea. See my shop linked in my sig for examples.

Liriane
15th February 2010, 1:29 AM
That's a great idea!! If you could, maybe userbars for different ranks (owner, co-owner, honored member, member) All of your stuff looks so cool!

Nidoprince
15th February 2010, 4:38 AM

Well, I already made a Psychic and Dark deck, I'm working on a Fighting deck, so it will most likely be Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, or Metal with some Colorless. It all depends on what Primes I pull in the future. So far I have a Meganium, but I'll be getting the tins so right there I have three options, and out of all those packs I should get another prime, but I can't do Metal until Revived Legends comes out.

Sinnohdragon
15th February 2010, 1:43 PM
Ok, what Pokémon do you want on each userbar, and what colours do you want them to be?

And i have a question...

For those who have opened packets/boxes of HGSS how rare are you finding Primes/Legends/Alph Lithograph/Red Gyarados to be?

Liriane
15th February 2010, 2:23 PM
Ok, for the red gyarados, It's pretty common, the unknown trainer isn't as common, a prime s pretty rare, and pulling both halves of a legend is almost impossible. maybe in a box you'll have better luck, but that's about it.

P.S. I think that the co-owners (when I choose them) should pick the Pokemon on theirs, but for mine I'd like Gardivoiur and Rayquaza, both shiny, on a gold background, with the words Pokemon TCG Deck Rating Club Owner written in black. I hope that isn't too much work, but if it is just say so.

Sinnohdragon
15th February 2010, 2:52 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/Edragon_sinnoh/Storage/tcgbanner1.png
They only take a few minutes to make so don't worry about the work i'm doing XD

Also, this is my decklist i posted and it hasn't had any comments yet. So if anyone's interested...
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=437910

Liriane
15th February 2010, 4:19 PM
That looks awesome!!! You should just post the deck here, as I told Nidoprince, but it's not against the rules, it just makes it easier to rate.

Nidoprince
15th February 2010, 4:27 PM
With that deck I'd bulk the Darkrai line. Darkrai alone is pretty good even without the Lv. X, and it's a good backup.

Feadric
15th February 2010, 5:05 PM
In response to you earlier post i the only person to get both sides of Ho-oh legend in the five prereleases that I know about (a side note is that i got them out of my starter six packs) O and for the darkrai line i recommend having honchcrows with it and to have a good darkrai deck you NEED lv. X

Sinnohdragon
15th February 2010, 6:00 PM
In response to you earlier post i the only person to get both sides of Ho-oh legend in the five prereleases that I know about (a side note is that i got them out of my starter six packs) O and for the darkrai line i recommend having honchcrows with it and to have a good darkrai deck you NEED lv. X

Is this in reference to my deck? Because it's not a Darkrai deck it's a Tyranitar deck... And it has Darkrai lv.X for the power boost.

EDIT: And Nidoprince, i'll consider that. It's just a matter of knowing what to take out XD

Liriane
16th February 2010, 11:03 PM
I know about healing, but I'd take out Nidoqueen, and here's why:
1. I will only work if you have nidoran and a rare candy and nidoqueen
2. If you opponent switches you, nidoqueen is a free prize
3. You need 2 spaces, (darkrai+Darkrai X) The nidos are 2 spaces
P.S. If you need Darkrai lv. X, and you're to afraid to spend a little money, Here's a link to a great deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-4-Holo-Darkrai-Pokemon-Cards-w-Darkrai-LV-X_W0QQitemZ250578091430QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item3a579e3da6

Sinnohdragon
16th February 2010, 11:13 PM
I know about healing, but I'd take out Nidoqueen, and here's why:
1. I will only work if you have nidoran and a rare candy and nidoqueen
2. If you opponent switches you, nidoqueen is a free prize

I see your point, but tbh i don't really have any trouble getting them out. The deck does set up very quickly with Sableye and all my supporters especially when Claydol's working. Also Moonlight Stadium gets it out the way for free. However i havn't actually used it that much so i may take it out.

3. You need 2 spaces, (darkrai+Darkrai X) The nidos are 2 spaces
P.S. If you need Darkrai lv. X, and you're to afraid to spend a little money, Here's a link to a great deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-4-Holo-Darkrai-Pokemon-Cards-w-Darkrai-LV-X_W0QQitemZ250578091430QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item3a579e3da6

Is this for a second one? Because i already have one pair. Thanks for finding the link but i already have access to another one.

Thanks for helping :3

Liriane
17th February 2010, 12:26 AM
You know what they say: " Two is better than one!" Anyway, ya, I'd take it out for another pair. OR, if you're willing to take another card out, Shiftrey is an option.

Nidoprince
17th February 2010, 12:46 AM
If you don't want Nidoqueen to be a free prize, put in 2 Psychic Energy. Nidoqueen may be just for healing, but it does have a pretty solid attack on top of it. So if Nidoran/Nidoqueen is your only Pokemon you have in play, (Obviously in a VERY unlucky situation, but still) you can stall until you get something else, and may even get a few prize cards.

Lirane does have a point with Shiftry, but it gets tricky when you have multiple stage 2 lines in your deck, I usually stick with one, unless you want to go REALLY minor (Like a 2-1-1 line).

I got 4 Roseanne's finally. I think I'm going to bring both decks to League from now on so when I use one deck I can just switch out the Roseanne's and other trainers to the other deck instead of just using cards I have.

Liriane
17th February 2010, 11:06 PM
I've always been able to make it work, just don't go over 2. Oh, and play professor elm's.

Nidoprince
18th February 2010, 3:14 AM
Oh yes, Prof. Elm's is even better than Bebe's as it provides pretty much the same option, because you search for Evos with Bebe's. Unless you have a deck with Legends, then a couple of Bebe's is good, even one will work.

Splapp
19th February 2010, 4:35 PM
Username: Splapp
Reason for joining: Because Liriane pwns all!
Do you go to a league?: Does the computer table count? Otherwise, no.
Have You ever played in a Tournament?: On MSN, we did best of eight XD. But, no.
How long have you played Pokemon TCG?: 'Bout 5 years

Nidoprince
19th February 2010, 4:59 PM
Accepted! (I can do that, right?) How do you have TCG battles over MSN? I don't have a MSN account yet, but still, that'd be cool to know because, well...I have Apprentice but I don't know how to download the Pokemon patch. And I can't load a deck for some reason on RedShark. And I don't like to use proxies for decks, so testing online is the only way to go for me...

By the way, my first modified Psychic deck is finally making tracks. I got a bunch of stuff a few days ago and pulled 3 Roseanne's (2 in a theme deck, one in a booster), and a Cyrus's Conspiracy, AND...drum roll please...A LET LOOSE GIRATINA!!! I took it out for my Wrack Down Giratina because for 3 Energy you could do 60 damage, or 60 damage and attack benched Pokemon, and a bonus shuffle-draw Pokepower to go with it. I thought I was going to have to trade for all my pulls. OK, here's my deck:

Giratina Lv. X (promo)
Giratina (Legends Awakened 4/146)
Giratina (Platinum, 9/127)
Rotom (POP 9 5/17)
Uxie x2(Legends Awakened 43/146)
Roserade (Stormfront 23/100)
Dusknoir x2(Promo DP 33)
Dusknoir Lv. X
Espeon 4 (Rising Rivals 18/111)
Dusclops (Stormfront 35/100)
Gengar GL x2(Rising Rivals 40/111)
Duskull x3(Stormfront 59/100)
Skuntank G x2(Platinum 94/127)
Roselia x2(Stormfront 72/100)

Trainers 14:

Luxury Ball
Rare Candy x2
Pokemon Rescue
Premier Ball

Supporters:

Roseanne's Research x4
Buck's Training x2
Team Galactic's Mars x2
Cynthia's Feelings
Professor Elm's Training Method x2
Cyrus's Conspiracy

Tools:

Energy Gain x3

Stadium:

Moonlight Stadium x2

Energy:

Psychic Energy x17

A lot of you have already rated this, but not the very new improved version. I really want Miasma Valley, because the Moonlight I'm using is from my dark deck. Also, I think 3 Energy Gain might be a lot, and I'm not sure about the Cynthia's. I want to add some Deoxys (I only have 3 of the formes, though), possibly a new Dusknoir in exchange for an old one, and the lake trio. All I have is Azelf Lv. X, however.

Splapp
19th February 2010, 5:35 PM
TangoSceppyLeafyPwnage:

Pokémon (20):
1x Tangrowth Lv.X (AR)
2x Tangrowth (AR)
2x Tangela (AR, 76)
1x Tangela (AR, 77)

2x Sceptile (GE)
2x Grovyle (AR, 39)
2x Treecko (AR, 79)

1x Leafeon (MD)
1x Espeon (MD)
2x Eevee (RR)

1x Cherrim (AR)
1x Cherubi (AR)

2x Spiritomb (AR)

Trainers (23):

4x Bebe's Search
4x Volkner's Philosophy
2x Underground Expedition
1x Cynthia's Feelings
1x Looker's Investigation
1x Team Galactic's Mars

1x Broken Time-Space
1x Speed Stadium

3x Life Herb
2x Pokédex Handy910is
2x Switch
1x Poké Ball

Energy (17):
17x Grass Energy

Strategy (2):

•Try to set up Leafeon using Sceptile and keep him up with Tangrowth if necessary.

•Use Spiritomb to stall, and then attack with Tangrowth as it heals itself.

Sinnohdragon
19th February 2010, 10:40 PM
Nidoprince: You a co-owner? I am too :)
Anyway onto the deck.
I don't think you realy need the Roserade line at all since it isn't all that great iirc and it doesn't really do anything in particular. Same goes to Espeon. What i notice about your decks is that you often play an awful lot of lines which often seem to be just fillers.

But a Dusknoir/Gengar deck (Make those your focus) have been known to be a strong deck archetype. That should work with Skuntank to spread poison damage and the spread from Dusknoir with Gengar's sniping could be a real killer.

Giratina i'm not sure about. I've tried using it before but it looks better than it actually is imo. But if you want to play it go ahead because it shouldn't disrupt the strategy too much.

Onto Trainers/Supporters, go for more Rare Candies if you can get more Dusclops/Gengar. Everything else seems fine.

Another option would be Gallade 4 Lv.X which is great for spreading.

~~~

Splapp:

Reminds me of a killer deck i used to play XD. Let's see...
Tangrowth Lv.X is great, but for the Tangrowth i'd go for GE or SF or a combination of the 2. GE Tangrowth combined with Sceptile can kill benched Pokémon, and SF Tangrowth has better attacks than AR. The GE Tangela is pretty decent too.

What you could do is scrap the Leafeon and put in more Cherrims but that's up to you.

And Roseanne's Research?

Liriane
19th February 2010, 11:45 PM
Ok, sorry I haven't posted in a while (like I said only 95% of my life is devoted to the internet) So I will address you individually:
Nidoprince: yes, a co-owner can approve members. also, on your deck, streamline it a little, like sinnohragon said.
Splapp: great deck!I prefer grass types, and just yesterday I BARLEY beat a tangrowth x, so just make sure you have the energy for all those grass types, and consider beautifly a maybe a second line instead of leafeon.
I think that's all I missed, but if not just post the word!

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 12:12 AM
SD: Yes, I'm a co-owner :D Well I don't have the good Gengar, and Gengar Lv. X is too expensive. What about Gardevoir Lv. X? I can easily get a Gardevoir in a Rebellion theme deck, if not they are really cheap. AND someone at my league has BUNCHES of Gardevoir Lv. X for trade. If not, I can always buy a SW box because I need Honchkrow Lv. X anyway and don't care which I get. I know, I fill in useless lines because I don't know what else to do. Espeon 4 is a great card for stalling. It takes only a few turns to set up, it induces sleep, and has a pretty good attack to go with it. I don't have any more Rare Candies, but I'd like to run more if I get Gardevoir/Gengar. Gallade 4 lv. X, now I used to have 2 Gallade 4, but I took it out because I don't have the Lv. X.

Sinnohdragon
20th February 2010, 1:15 PM
From what i know Gardevoir is very playable but i have no experience with it since i rejoined competitive play a few sets after it came out :/
But it would probably be a better filler than Roserade imo.

Also, would you like a userbar?

*Is excited atm because my Arceus box is arriving today XD

Liriane
20th February 2010, 2:09 PM
Gardivouir would work, but you'd have to replace gengar.

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 4:42 PM
SD: LUCKY!!! I won't be getting a booster box anytime soon. Mabye a HGSS box or something if I need it for my deck. Anyway, I'd love a userbar! And yes, Gardevoir is WAY better than Roserade, or even Dusknoir. It KOs the Pokemon with the lowest HP. Just 2 Questions:

What line should I run? I need more Rare Candies, (Probably 2 more) but with the ammount I have, what line would be best, a line like Dusknoir's (2-1-2) or something more bulky?

Which Gardevoir is best? SW Gardevoir can use Supporters in your opponent's discard pile, but the attack is so-so. Well, it's actually better than the other Gardevoir's 2nd attack, but it's first attack is way better, you only need 2 Energy for the other Gardevoir because you won't be using it's second attack.

Liriane: I'm not using the Gengar line anyway for 2 reasons: 1: I don't have SF Gengar. 2: Gengar Lv. X is VERY expensive.

Sinnohdragon
20th February 2010, 5:04 PM
Woop! I pulled 5 Arceus', 2 Lv.Xs and 1 Shining in my half of the box :D

Nidoprince:
For the first question, it depends on how much focus you want to give it in your deck. Play a more bulky line if its going to be your main attacker and then try to make a strategy around getting it out and using it. If not, play a smaller line.

For the second question, i'd personally play the SW one. That one got played a lot in winning decks at tournaments like Worlds so i presume its good. The other one didn't get much hype.

K, for the banner i need a background colour and two Pokémon please :)

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 5:40 PM
In that case I'm going to have to either trade for both Gardevoir SW and Gardevoir Lv. X or buy a box. But the only thing about SW boxes is that you're not guaranteed to get a lv. X, so I'm not sure if I should take my chances. Well for the line, right now I have 2 Kirlia, so I guess I'll base it off that.

OK, for the userbar...Hmm...Dusknoir and Gardevoir with a grey backround please :3

Splapp
20th February 2010, 5:42 PM
@Nidoprince: Gengar X is really easy to pull. In about 25 packs, I've had 3, along with an Arceus X (LightPsy), a Tangrowth X, and a Salamence X.

@Sinnohdragon: Neat advice, I'll get my hands on them ASAP (prob the SF one first). (also, if you're doing userbanners, can i choose the pokemon and color of mine?)

@Liriane: Yep. I think 17's enough. I hate going over 17 though.

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 6:02 PM
Slapp: I know, but I'm more worried about SF Gengar. My friend once pulled a Gengar Lv. X in a single pack.

Sinnohdragon
20th February 2010, 7:13 PM
Nidoprince:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/Edragon_sinnoh/Storage/tcgbanner3.png

Splapp: Sure you can, name the colours and the 2 Pokémon ^^

Feadric
20th February 2010, 7:23 PM
Hey dose anyone have a good suggestion for a Ho-oh deck?
O and may I please have a user bar with Ho-oh and Umbreon?

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 7:54 PM
Well you can put Ho-oh Legend in any deck because of it's Sacred Fire.

Thanks for the userbar SD! Guys, if you want a userbar you should probably PM SD with your requests instead of flooding the thread with off-topic posts ^^' But it's actually up to SD...

Feadric
20th February 2010, 8:48 PM
I know THAT, I just want to figure out what it works well with...

Liriane
20th February 2010, 8:53 PM
If It's ok w/ SD, we probably should. And to Nidoprince, I think a 2-2-2-2 Line w/ gardivouir / gardivouir x, 1 of each kind of gadivouir. The only problem is that you need 2 lv x, but thats all I got. (sorry if I don't post immediately, My connection is slllloooowww)

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 8:59 PM
Well...definatly have some Double Colorless in a Ho-oh Legend deck. Bebe's Search also helps for getting Legend cards, same with Luxury Ball. For Pokemon, colorless Pokemon would help since you are going to be using Double Colorless. And then pretty much every type works as mentioned, but Lighting would be the best since they beat Water types that disrupt Ho-oh.

EDIT: 2 Gardevoir Lv. X? Well I have one on order already, but 2 seems to be a lot. The strategy WITH GARDEVOIR LV. X is to set up Dusknoir, Reaper Pulse the active, and let some random Pokemon get the extra 20. That Pokemon will be the one that Gardevoir Lv. X knocks out with Bring Down. In order for Gardevoir to not KO one of my own Pokemon, I'll have Nidoqueen set up ASAP.

Feadric
20th February 2010, 9:01 PM
That sounds good, and do Bebe and luxury search for Pokemon or evolution and basic, because Ho-oh can not be searched by those kinds of cards?

Liriane
20th February 2010, 9:06 PM
Maybe a furret? I'm serious. the one from sw (I think) for no energy, you get any 2 cards!

Nidoprince
20th February 2010, 9:11 PM
The card description on Bebe's and Luxury Ball says you can search for any Pokemon (Excluding Lv. X), so you could use it.

Feadric
20th February 2010, 9:29 PM
I do currently run a Ho-oh deck mostly physic and a couple normal (and the AND SO ON ditto) it is not a very good deck but I never have any problems with it. Even with the double energy.

Liriane
20th February 2010, 9:55 PM
Well, except for SHUCKLE!!! (dun dun dun) Sorry, inside joke, shuckle isn't effected by pokemon w/ special energy.

Liriane
20th February 2010, 11:46 PM
New Topic:
Do You Play Speed or Slow Strategy Decks?

I play a stock-up-beautifly-while-stalling-with-jumpluff deck. I will post it when I have the time...

Sinnohdragon
21st February 2010, 12:14 AM

A combination of both i think. Tyranitar is all about strategy but it's pretty quick actually. All the decks i tend to build focus on strategy rather than speed, i just pefer decks which means you can think more XD

Nidoprince
21st February 2010, 12:16 AM

Speed! Although my Dusknoir deck is more slow. I even consider my Dark deck a speed deck.

Feadric
21st February 2010, 2:00 AM
I prefer speed all the way!

Nidoprince
21st February 2010, 3:35 AM
BTW, Liriane, do you play the HGSS 'Pluff? My friend at League uses it and it works really well. It wiped me out because I ran out of Pokemon >_>

Liriane
21st February 2010, 8:26 PM
Ya, and here's my grass deck ( I have a fighting one that I will post l8r):

Pokemon
x1 hoppip hgss
x1 skiploom hgss
x1 jumpluff hgss
x1 shuckle sw
x1 girafarig hgss
x1 heracross dp
x1 baltoy rr
x1 claydol
x1 pachirisu
x1 spinarak hgss
x1 ariados hgss
x1 exeggcute md
x1 exeggutor md
x1 carnivine pl
x2 wurmple pl
x2 silcoon pl
x2 beautifly pl

Trainers
x1 pokemon contest hall
x2 energy pickup
x3 life herb
x2 cyrus's initiative
x2 pokeball
x1 night maintenance
x1 moomoo milk
x2 professor elm's training method
x1 energy switch
x1 looker's investigation
x2 switch
x1 energy restore
x1 vs seeker
x1 pokemon collector
x2 roseanne's reaserch
x1 bebe's search
x1 pokedex

Energy
x15 grass energy

Sinnohdragon
21st February 2010, 8:45 PM
Liriane:

Woah, you've got loads of 1-1 lines there. And lots of other single cards. This deck is quite hard to judge because there's so much going on. Is there any strategy in particular here? Because these cards don't really seem to support each other much. And that's an awful lot of different trainers too. Personaly i find cards like Moomoo Milk and Life Herb to be too unreliabe. There are better ways of healing. And you wouldn't need those Energy Pickups and Energy Restores ect if you had a clear strategy.

If you tell me what you're going for in this deck and can try to write you up a working decklist if you want. ^^

And while i'm here i decided i'd post a new deck i've been building (well, planning since i haven't got any HGSS cards yet XD) It's based on the awesomely uber Feraligatr Prime which let's me play as many energys as i want in one turn and i've combined it with BlastCatty.

Pokémon: 21
Feraligatr Prime HGSS x1
Croconaw MT x1
Totodile HGSS x2
Floatzel GL Lv.X RR x1
Floatzel GL RR x1
Blastoise PT x2
Wartortle SW x2
Squirtle PT x2
Delcatty PT x2
Skitty PT x2
Bronzong SF x1
Bronzor MT x1
Sableye SF x2
Spiritomb AR x1
Azelf LA x1

Trainers/Supporters: 19
Roseanne’s Research x3
Bebe’s Search x3
Broken Time-Space x2
Fisherman x2
Rare Candy x2
Quick Ball x3
Luxury Ball x1
PokéRadar x2
Felicity’s Drawing x1

Energy: 20
Water x20

Liriane
21st February 2010, 9:18 PM
The random pokemon are for jumpluff, and to stall for beautifly.

Nidoprince
22nd February 2010, 4:44 AM
1-1-1 lines are fine if you have stuff to get them and you have 4 Rare Candy. If you bulk lines you can have some consistent lines there. Like for my deck, if I set up 2 Dusknoir, and the active is Dusknoir Lv. X, usually I can win, but even if I can't, I play the new Dusknoir, wait until it gets close to being knocked out, and then level it up so I can get the most out of Ectoplasm. Now that I've demonstrated, I better mention what lines you should at least bulk up. Jumpluff is a must, since it's kind of frail (If you use Jumpluff right, it owns. Try running 4-4-4, it would be REALLY fun :D), then Claydol should get at least a 2-2 line, and get more quantaties of your basics, or you'll be out soon with those basics.

Sinnohdragon
22nd February 2010, 5:37 PM
Liriane, what you could do is instead of having loads of random lines, have a 4-4 Cherrim SF. If you swarm that on your bench its body will power up Jumpluff even more. (Increases attacks from your grass/fire Pokémon by 10 for each Cherrim you have in play)

Liriane
23rd February 2010, 11:19 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have more jumpluff or any cherrim.

Nidoprince
26th February 2010, 4:29 AM
Dang, I would've traded you a Cherrim if I did RL trades :/

Anyway, I just thought of something REALLY cool: Feraliturn! Alright, I haven't made the actual build yet, but it's more slow since there is a 3 Pokemon line. I might even do more. Anyway, the main bones is this--First, with the deck you want to get in Feraligatr so you can speed things up with Rain Dance. Then, load up Feraligatr while trying to play Lanturn. Once Lanturn is played, you can Submerge it to Water, and load it up instead. Even though it uses Electric energy, the Water can fill in for the colorless. Eventually you have to attatch the Electric energy though XD Anyway, after that you set Lanturn as active and then Powerful Spark the defending Pokemon. Since Feraligatr should have 4 energy, and Lanturn has 3, that's at least 7 energy attatched to all the Pokemon, then the base of 40 which leaves you with AT LEAST 110 damage total, not counting the energy you used to load up the stallers. And in between there is the stallers, mostly Qwilfish. The deck requires a lot of energy, since not only do you need the average ammount of 16-18 for regular attacks, but for Lanturn's case energies count as Plus Powers. So mabye even 20 energy is good. Anyway, that's my latest invention, Feraliturn. I'll work on the build later.

Liriane
26th February 2010, 1:11 PM
Whoa, that's great!! You could put multi energy in instead of electric, you just need 4.

Nidoprince
26th February 2010, 3:21 PM
That's right, it would work. But I will use other Electric Pokemon though, so 4 Rainbow Energy wouldn't be enough. I'm trying to think what a good build would be. I'll need some Qwilfish for stall, a Feraligatr line depending on how much energy I need to attatch. (I once thought of a 4-4-4 Feraligatr line XD "I'll use Rain Dance, attatch, I'll use Rain Dance, attatch, I'll use Rain Dance, attatch, and now I'll attatch my basic energy. I haven't played my Trainers yet have I?") Mabye 2-2-2? But I want a regular Feraligatr, but I can only get 1 Feraligatr Prime easily, so 2-2-2 line it is, with regular and Prime Feraligatr at the end. Next is a good Lanturn line. Probably 2-2 to match up with Feraligatr. I might also throw in Raikou and Suicune Legend, they're the best Legend in my book, but only for their attacks. I'll need more stall than just a few Qwilfish though. As much as it ticks off any opponent, it only has 70 HP. So mabye Ampharos Prime? Ampharos Prime is also good to have because when I have Feraligatr with it I can attatch 2 Energy but my opponent can only attatch one energy and take a damage counter. Also, I'll need Pokemon that can hit the bench such as Lapras and Vaporeon. Jolteon is also good for stall with Agility. Alright, I threw some Pokemon out there, now for the Trainers, Supporters, and tools. This deck relies on retreating, and I'm toast if I HAVE to use Feraligatr Prime as stall. And don't get me started on it's retreat cost. So 4 Switch should be good. A bunch of Elm's is also needed. Pokemon Reversal isn't really needed, but it's handy. Pokemon Collecter is awesome, I'm definatly using it. Pokegear could be handy too. Supporters are really helpful. Moomoo Milk is good, but Full Heal is OK. Fisherman and Energy search is a MUST. Energy Exchange is good since this is a dual type deck, but I'd rather use Energy Search. Rare Candy will obviously be used, and Rocket's Trick is for your basic draw power card. And Burned Tower is a very good Stadium. Then for the Energy, 4 Rainbow and Lightning and Waters. More Water than Lightning though.

Sinnohdragon
28th February 2010, 1:09 PM
Seeing as i'm making a Feraligatr deck at the moment i can give you a few more ideas.

Lumineon MT: Load it with energy, kill, and repeat.
Starmie RR: Same, but energy goes to the deck.
Floatzel G LVX RR Revive your water Pokémon quickly and its good a great attack too.
Delibird HGSS: Just look at that draw power when you've Feraligatr in play 0.o
Mamoswine GL RR: Luxray killer (apparently)
Lapras Pt: Grind
Blastoise Pt: Massive power and snipe (what i'm using)
Blastoise ??: There's a new one coming out at some point which can snipe for 100 every turn.

Nidoprince
28th February 2010, 2:06 PM
Unfortunatly, I'm making a pure HGSS deck for when the sets rotate. Then I don't have to go to league and battle with my opponent saying "You can't use those cards" and I'd reply "But I'm still building my deck." But, that Delibird idea--SO AWESOME! I wonder how quick a 4-4-4 Feraligatr Prime line would be...

Feadric
28th February 2010, 3:46 PM
Has anyone considered running a Dolphan deck?
like this

pokemon 18
phampy x4
Dolphan prime x3
machap x3
machoke x2
machop x2 (instant kill basics)
diddo x3 ( AND SO ON )
shuckle x1

Trainers + supporters 24
Cyrus's initiative x4
Cynthia's feelings x2
Celio's network x4
Pokedex x4
Underground expedition x4
Energy search x4
(something another) mountain x2 (one that lets you switch all of your energy)

Energy
double colorless x3
fighting energy x15

Liriane
28th February 2010, 8:53 PM
1: That's basically my deck, and you know it, Feadric.
2: Sorry for not posting, read the rules to know why.
3: I'll post my fighting deck in this space when I have the time

Nidoprince
28th February 2010, 11:36 PM
You're actually not that bad compared to others, Liriane. In fact, I think you're just a little less active than I am. Here's the list for Feraliturn:

Pokemon (19):

2 Totodile HGSS** - 2 Croconaw HGSS* - 1 Feraligatr Prime HGSS & Feraligatr HGSS
2 Chinchou RL- 2 Lanturn Prime RL
1 Mareep HGSS -1 Flaffy HGSS- 1 Ampharos Prime HGSS
2 Lapras HGSS *
2 Qwilfish HGSS *
1 Raikou and Suicune Legend bottom RL
1 Raikou and Suicune Legend top RL

Trainers (14):

4 Switch ****
4 Energy Search ****
2 Moomoo Milk *
2 Pokegear
2 Pokemon Communication

Supporters (8):

2 Rocket's Trick
2 Fisherman
2 Elm's Training Method **
2 Prof. Oak's New Theory

Stadium:

1 Burned Tower

Energy (18):

10 Water **********
6 Lightning ******
2 Rainbow **

* Means I have the card. For the quantities, I put one star for each copy.

Feadric, what's the strategy with that deck?

Liriane
2nd March 2010, 10:50 PM
1. It's not his deck, it's mine sorta, w/ a few extra cads (i go to league w/ him, I know).
2. Great deck! Why only 2 rainbow energies though?
3. Here's my deck:
Pokemon:
x1 Hitmontop hgss
x1 Sandshrew hgss
x1 Sandslash hgss
x1 Aerodactyl gl
x1 Baltoy rr
x1 Claydol (i thnk you know which one)
x1 machop dp
x1 machoke dp
x1 machamp w/ take out
x2 phanphy
x1 donphan prime
x1 donphan hgss

Trainers
x2 energy search
x3 pokeball
x2 pokedex
x2 expert belt
x2 life herb
x2 plus power
x2 stark mountain
x1 team galactic's mars
x1 great ball
x3 switch
x2 night maitenence
x1 broken time space
x1 Buck's training
x1 Marley's Request
x1 Buffer Piece
x1 Double full heal

Energy
x20 fighting energy

Sinnohdragon
2nd March 2010, 10:55 PM
Donphan decks focus on setting up really fast and KOing the opponent before they can set up, so i'd focus more on the Donphan line or it won't be out on time. It should be at least 3-3 Donphan Prime.

Also, what do you have in the way of Trainers/Supporters?

Nidoprince
3rd March 2010, 12:31 AM
1. I know, I didn't say "What's the strategy for your deck" I said "What's the strategy for that deck". Trust me, there are millions of people who use same deck builds, it's not that uncommon. People (Like people here) share ideas, and they try it out, their friends try it out, and the tip falls into the hands of a future World Champ. Just like how my Feraliturn might go around.

2. Well...I don't have much room.

3. Again, what's the strategy with the deck?

Also SD, I was thinking about Delibird...it might be too dangerous. Someone lost at the prerelease because they ran out of cards thanks to Ninetails, and that only draws 3. I'll have to draw on average 7 cards with Delibird, and I thought Uxie was a card sweeper O_o Is there a better way to use Delibird?

Feadric
3rd March 2010, 2:37 PM
1. It's not his deck, it's mine sorta, w/ a few extra cads (i go to league w/ him, I know).

ummm, actually my earlier post was not based off of your deck at all, that was when you had the GRASS/ROCK, I only found out that the Monday after......
I also had considerably different lines than you (a lot less), and more supporters.

2.) The strategy for that deck is to basically grab dolphan and energy at the start and stock up the bench with a machop and dolphans.

Nidoprince
3rd March 2010, 3:04 PM
You know, that could make a good defense deck. Mabye try adding 4 Defenders and a few Buffer Pieces and you can reduce hits to 40 to keep Donphan alive.

Liriane
3rd March 2010, 3:17 PM
MY strategy is to (when I get another Donphan Prime) To Get 1 out, Earthquake every turn while I stock the 2nd one (who doesn't get hurt by earthquake because of exoskeleton) and Expert belt it and do 110 damage per turn. Machamp s there for Arceus/ Mewtwo X.

Nidoprince
3rd March 2010, 3:41 PM
For Feadric's strategy, why would you need Machop and Donphan on the bench? Backup? Stall?

For Liriane's strategy, that's a lot like my deck as I can do at least 110 damage with Lanturn. But I encourage even more to use Defenders and Buffer Pieces as your opponent takes 2 Prizes once they KO a Pokemon with Expert Belt. That way you can reduce 40 damage. And mabye Buck's and Plus Powers would work to make it hit even higher.

Liriane
3rd March 2010, 3:55 PM
Maybe I'll put a bucks or two in there. I don't have any defenders (yet).

Nidoprince
3rd March 2010, 3:59 PM
Well in the Revived Legends set there'll be some. That's why I might buy a box of RL because...

1. I need Rare Candy
2. I need not one, but TWO Lanturn Prime
3. I want Suicune and Raikou Legend

Sinnohdragon
3rd March 2010, 5:45 PM
Delibird's better early game to set up when you have less energy in play, and only for emergencys later where its draw power could be a lifesaver. I do see the danger aspect though XD

Nidoprince
3rd March 2010, 10:54 PM
I'll probably be drawing 9 cards with Delibird otherwise XD Mabye I'll use it when I have Feraligatr set up, not Lanturn.

Liriane
4th March 2010, 1:48 AM
maybe. rare candies are still legal and were reprinted a few times, so you don't have to wait for rl.

Nidoprince
4th March 2010, 1:52 AM
I know, but if I'm going to get a booster box from a set with Rare Candies, it's probably going to be GE or RL.

eveelution23
5th March 2010, 1:31 AM
hi

Username- eveelution23
Reason for joining- for tips on making a deck and seeing other people's decks.
Do you go to a league? no but i would like to.
Have You ever played in a Tournament? no
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? not very long so i am kinda a rookie.

Nidoprince
5th March 2010, 4:13 AM
Accepted! We can definatly help you with any deck. Just post it here ^^ Welcome, and have fun!

Liriane
7th March 2010, 1:14 AM
Ok! I pulled another Donphan Prime in my box, so my deck is complete!!

Nidoprince
7th March 2010, 1:46 AM
Mine's 26 cards away from being completed, but most of the missing ones are rares. I'm debating between HGSS or HS: Unleashed box. I guess it all depends on what I pull at the prerelease. If I'm lucky, and I pull a Lanturn Prime and a half of Raikou and Suicune Legend, then I could just buy or trade for the rest, no big deal.

Sinnohdragon
7th March 2010, 11:52 AM
I only need another Feraligatr Prime and some Fisherman for my deck XD
(If my brother continues to let me use his Blastoise and Delcatty Pt)

I'm still deciding if its worth buying a HGSS box at this point since i'm already winning boosters at my league.

I also can't decide whether or not it's worth playing Phione MT/Spiritomb Ar to evolve them quicker. :/

Liriane
7th March 2010, 1:50 PM
For the legends, I have a Furret, which for no energy lets you grab any 2 cards in your deck as an attack. For countering legends, I have a shuckle. It's ability, which I have mentioned previously, makes it invincible to any pokemon w/ special energy attached, and it's attack poisons, and as long a you're affected by that poison, you can't use any pokepowers or pokebodies. So, My Shuckle is the ultimate LEGEND slayer.

Nidoprince
8th March 2010, 12:17 AM
Well today I traded lots and now I have only 11 cards left, all of which are from the upcoming set, except for a second Feraligatr Prime, which I'll get in a tin.

You're forgetting Legends are hard hitters, Liriane. Pretty much every Legend has an attack to OHKO Shuckle.

Liriane
8th March 2010, 2:41 AM
But the thing is, especially ho-oh, rely on special energy. Since my ability prevents all effects from anything w/ special energy, that gives me the turn I need to attack and stop abilities, totally killing ho-oh.

Nidoprince
8th March 2010, 3:30 AM
True, but what about Typhlosion Prime decks with Afterburner? I've faced one of those, and it was killer. Lugia relies on Specials too, remember, but still, it can retreat, it can just use different energies, and it OHKOs Shuckle. That's way too many odds. And, if it does have a DC attatched, it can retreat, discarding the DC, then stall until the opponent can bring it up again, or Switch it.

Liriane
8th March 2010, 1:41 PM
I'm saying legends, not primes. And I don't know ANYONE who runs Lugia. I'm saying it's a ho-oh slayer.

Feadric
8th March 2010, 2:23 PM
Sorry I haven't posted, here are the responses to the posts that were directed at me.

For Feadric's strategy, why would you need Machop and Donphan on the bench? Backup? Stall?
Most people at my league panic at the sight of a dolphan and they do everything they can to kill it, so when he finally dies, depending on what other Pokemon he/she has I will bring in my bench and wipe them.

Nidoprince
8th March 2010, 4:40 PM
I'm saying legends, not primes. And I don't know ANYONE who runs Lugia. I'm saying it's a ho-oh slayer.

Yes, I was using Lugia as another example. And here's what I mean:

Lirane: "I'll play Shuckle and *Insert trainer and energy attatchments here* use "

Opponent: *Has a Ho-oh Legend with a double colorless energy* "Oh crud, I'm in a real pickle. *Lightbulb above the head* OK, I'll retreat *Discards the DC for energy cost* and bring up Typhlosion, use Afterburner on Ho-oh, and then Flare Destroy for a KO."

Even if that isn't a KO, it could always retreat next turn and bring Ho-oh without the Specials attatched.

That makes sense, Feadric. But, if you really want good bait, bring in Claydol or Slowking or something else with drawpower. That's what people go after when they have to attack the bench.

Liriane
9th March 2010, 1:56 AM
I'm not saying it's perfect I'm saying it works.

Nidoprince
9th March 2010, 4:00 AM
I guess you're right.

I just thought of another Feraligatr combo--With Crobat Prime, you could Poison, then do more damage with 'Gatr, or Skill Dive to still do direct damage. Which leads to a topic:

Feraliturn vs. Feralibat

Definatly Feraliturn. Way more complicated. I like strategical decks ^^

Liriane
9th March 2010, 2:14 PM
Feraliturn vs. Feralibat
Uh, IDK, I mean for me, probably the 'bat, cause I like versatility, but I don't usually run water so IDK.

Sinnohdragon
9th March 2010, 4:46 PM
Feraliturn vs. Feralibat

Feraliturn imo, i saw combo written all ove Lanturn when i first saw it. I guess it just makes more sense than Crobat.

Liriane
11th March 2010, 12:53 PM
Like I said, I haven't seen either, so IDK.

Nidoprince
11th March 2010, 4:45 PM
I thought I showed you the decklist for Feraliturn, Liriane. Or you mean you've never played it?

Sinnohdragon
11th March 2010, 5:10 PM
I thought of a new combo for Feraligatr Prime XD This time taking advantage of its attack as well as its power.

I'm trying it in a disruption and spread deck as a main attacker. The strategy is to start with Zangoose Pt or Palkia G Pt to spread damage and switch the opponent's Pokémon around, also using both Palkia LvX GE and Palkia G LvX Pt s for further disruption.
While i'm doing this, set up Feraligatrs (I have 2), and when my active dies send them out to OHKO all of the opponents damaged Pokémon. I'll also set up a Floatzel GL LvX RR to recover all the cards if Feraligatr dies and use BTS to bring it straight back.

Nidoprince
11th March 2010, 5:12 PM
I was thinking about that once too before I stumbled upon Feraliturn, but that's great. You could use the regular Feraligatr HGSS as well, it does 20 to everyone.

Sinnohdragon
11th March 2010, 5:14 PM
I was thinking about that once too before I stumbled upon Feraliturn, but that's great. You could use the regular Feraligatr HGSS as well, it does 20 to everyone.

Why didn't i think of that? 0.o Thanks ^^

Nidoprince
11th March 2010, 8:38 PM
The attack is still a little slow, however, even though it's useful. Which is why you should focus on setting up Feraligatr Prime first, then attatching the energy to both 'Gatrs.

I'm adding the Delibird to my deck, I just thought of a way to use it: Use Snow Present to draw a bunch of cards, then once you've drawn too much, use Oak's New Theory/Copycat. Not sure which one is better though.

Liriane
13th March 2010, 9:23 PM
I just got a new idea for a deck! What about this?
Mothim + Multi Energy= 1 damage counter= 70 damage+ silver wind = KO

Nidoprince
13th March 2010, 10:13 PM
Actually, Expert Belt would be best in that kind of deck, and here's why: Like POP Rotom, it can pack a punch, but it's really frail. And plus, it can do 20 more damage as well. I was thinking of something like that as well. I say go for it. It could be a really good donk deck.

Liriane
14th March 2010, 12:39 AM
If I can get a hold of some more Mothim, that's what I'll do.

Nidoprince
14th March 2010, 3:00 AM
Rrr...always I have what you want. I have 5 Mothim, one POP with holofoil, 2 POP without holofoil, and 2 Secret Wonders Mothim. Only 2 are for trade though, and I don't do online trades.

Anyway, I've changed my Psychic deck a bit. Here it is currently:
okemon (20):

Giratina Lv. X (promo)
Giratina (Legends Awakened 4/146)
Giratina (Platinum, 9/127)
Giratina (Platinum 27/127)
Uxie x2(Legends Awakened 43/146)
Azelf (Legends Awakened 19/146)
Dusknoir x2(Promo DP 33)
Dusknoir Lv. X
Dusclops (Stormfront 35/100)
Dusclops (Stormfront 34/100)
Duskull x3(Stormfront 59/100)
Baltoy (Supreme Victors 89/147)
Claydol (Great Encounters 15/106)
Nidoran (Rising Rivals 71/111)
Nidoqueen (Rising Rivals 30/111)

Trainers (11):

Luxury Ball
Rare Candy x2
Pokedex x2
Premier Ball
Night Maintenance
Pokedrawer+ x4

Supporters (10):

Roseanne's Research x4
Buck's Training
Bebe's Search x2
Palmer's Contribution
Professor Oak's New Theory x2

Tool (1):

Expert Belt

Stadiums (3):

Moonlight Stadium x2
Miasma Valley

Energy (15):

Psychic Energy x15

I was thinking of putting in an extra Expert Belt for the Skuntank, but I don't have one yet. Or should I exchange it for something better?

Liriane
14th March 2010, 2:37 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd put in flygon, so that if giritina or duskinoir get in trouble, you don't need to waste energy. Plus the lv X is AWESOME!

Sinnohdragon
14th March 2010, 2:44 PM
Nidoprince:

I don't know about the 3 stadiums. It sounds like a lot as it is and the idea for a Dusknoir deck is to get Dusknoir LvX as the stadium, so they could end up being void draws.

Nidoprince
14th March 2010, 6:34 PM
Liriane: But wait, how would that help? FlyChamp decks are the enemy of this deck. Plus, I have 3 Giratinas and 2 Dusknoir lines, and I can easily make 3 Dusk lines with NM, and sometimes 4 with Rare Candy, it'll be impossible to run out.

SD: You do have a point...I haven't actually tried this with the updates, but if it has too many stadiums I'll remove 1.

Liriane
15th March 2010, 12:25 AM
As someone said: The best way to beat the enemy is to be the enemy In this case, it is very true.

Nidoprince
15th March 2010, 4:32 AM
But WHY? How can Flytinanoir beat Flychamp?

Lucario_X_Froslass
31st March 2010, 10:38 PM
Cough.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

~L_X_F

Nidoprince
1st April 2010, 4:26 AM
Well with that logic, there should be no Spriting or TCG club. Besides, the mods approved this, so this is allowed.

Dan The Poke Man
1st April 2010, 5:41 AM

Username: Dan The Poke Man (But Dan is fine)
Reason for joining: Well, I think knowing how to pla will be fun, and my brother likes playing, too. So why not?
Do you go to a league? No.
Have You ever played in a Tournament? No.
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? Just starting.

I hope I filled it all out correctly.

Nidoprince
1st April 2010, 6:00 AM
I'll accept ya. What this club does is not teaching you how to play, but teaching you how to play WELL. So if you don't know how to play, I suggest buying a theme deck or ask someone to teach you. Then what we do is give advice on a deck, which is what I mean on how to play well.

Dan The Poke Man
1st April 2010, 10:32 PM
That's pretty much what I meant.

I do know how to play, I meant I wanted to learn to play well.

Nidoprince
2nd April 2010, 2:42 AM
Great, welcome.

How does everyone like my Turtwig GL deck:

Pokemon (19):

3 Turtwig GL
2-2 Cherrim SF
1-1 Garchomp C Lv. X
1-1 Metapod HGSS
1-1 Landmin Lv. X
1-1 Claydol GE
1 Unown G
1 Uxie
1 Lucario GL
1 Bronzong G

Trainers (17):

4 Poketurn
2 PlusPower
4 Defender
3 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
1 Luxury Ball
1 Night Maintenance

Supporters (9):

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Bebe's Search

Tools (3):

3 Expert Belt

Stadium (1):

1 Snowpoint Temple

Energy (11):

3 DCE
4 Call Energy
4 Grass Energy

Strategy: The point is to set up Turtwig with an Expert Belt, play Snowpoint and Landmin X for a 170 HP Turtwig, set up Metapod, Lucario GL, Garchomp C, or Cherrim SF depending on the opponent, also set up Bronzong G (Attatch energy to it, then switch the energy to the new Turtwig if the old one gets KOd) and Claydol, and the other Cherrim. Aim for up to 120 damage with both PlusPowers, an Expert Belt, Overgrow ready, and both Cherrim.

Sinnohdragon
2nd April 2010, 6:30 PM
Nidoprince: You got a lot of 1-1 techs there so i suggest playing Azelf LA. Possibly some Pokémon Rescues too to get basics back quickly if they're Ko'd before you set them up, because i don't think the one NM is enough.
It looks rather complicated but if it works, go for it. I love Turtwigs XD

Nidoprince
2nd April 2010, 6:47 PM
I want to put Azelf in here, but for what? Don't forget, I have Aaron's in there. But I do agree, I need something else. Still don't know what to take out though. Another thing I need to put in: Flychamp really kills this deck, so mabye if I put in another Unown G I could block Take Out to Turtwig, but also Extreme Attack to prevent damage done to Landmin. Oh yea, one more question: What Shaymin should I use? I think mabye the non-holo Landmin is best since if I'm stuck with it, it has more HP and it attacks for no energy, so I can at least do something.

Dan The Poke Man
18th April 2010, 3:47 AM
Is there a limit to the amount of cards you can have in one deck?

I'm about to make a deck, but I'm not sure on the limit.

Nidoprince
11th May 2010, 4:41 AM
Dangit...my April Fools joke went too far...

You can only have 60 cards in one deck.

Quote of old post to bump.

Also, I have a new idea for a deck. With Unleashed released, there's actually a non-prime that might make it to the meta if this gets far--Torkoal! Basicly this is Blazeray with a Torkoal tech. I like to use ideas I think of, so I thought of this. Here it is:

Pokemon (15):

2-2 Blaziken FB Lv. X
1-1 Luxray GL Lv. X
4 Torkoal UL
2 Crobat G
1 Toxicroak G Promo
1 Bronzong G
1 Azelf LA

Trainers (20):

4 Poketurn
4 SSU
4 Pokedrawer +
4 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
1 Luxury Ball
1 NM

Supporters (12):

4 Roseanne's
4 Cyrus's
2 Bebe's
2 Aaron's

Energy (10):

4 Call
4 Fire
2 Lightning

Strategy:

Set up Blaziken as active and Luring Flame, then next turn Level Up and attack with Jet Shoot for an easy 120, and 20 more for each tails they flip for the burn, and 10 more for each Crobat Drop. I've also included Luxray and Torkoal for a similar yet quicker effect: Use Luxray GL to Bright Look, Poketurn it, bring up Blaziken FB, drop a Torkoal and burn, so I can hit 120 again, without giving them a chance to retreat.

I've included 3 slots left since I run no Pokemon drawpower, so I've saved a those spots. I'm not sure what'd be best for this deck, as I've never ran any major metagame decks such as Blazeray. Speaking of which, I really don't want to turn this deck into a non-Torkoal deck, since it's like the only thing that makes it more original than most Blazeray decks. Unless it's really bad for this deck, then I'd take it out. But all the stuff that is needed for Torkoal will be good in this deck. SSU is good for picking up Crobat.

Yea, not too original, but hey, that's what people do. Take an idea that's already made up, shape it, and claim it to be original. The best part is, it survives the rotation even if it's PL on :O This is actually a deck for later since I can't afford Luxray GL Lv. X. I might even have to cut it. There's also other options for a similar effect that Torkoal does, like using Houndoom Prime or Blaziken PL, but Houndoom Prime might not make it, and the coin flip is unreliable for this strategy, and a Stage 2 tech in an SP deck is just wrong.

Liriane
16th May 2010, 2:20 AM
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry I left, and I'm glad you're still here, Nidoprince. I cleaned some stuff up and now I'm back!! Plus, I have a new deck to show you all! Well, enough w/ the exclamation marks, Here's my new deck:

Pokemon
Larvitar x3
Pupitar x3
Tyrannitar Prime x3
Honchcrow G x2
Murkrow x1
Honhcrow x1
Crobat G x2

Trainers
Life Herb x2
Poke Radar x1
Good Rod x1
Pokemon Reversal x1
Poke Turn x2
Energy Gain x2
Switch x1
Rare Candy x1
Fisherman x1
Roseanne's Reaserch x4
Expert Belt x3
Broken Time-Space x1
Moonlight Stadium x1
Bebe's Search x1
Proffesor Elm's... x2
Eemcee's Chatter x1
Pokemon Circulator x1
Pokemon Communication x1
Luxury Ball x1
Pokemon Rescue x2

Energy
Double Colorless Energy x2
Darkness Energy (special) x1
Dark Energy x12
Thanks For Reading!;)

Nidoprince
17th May 2010, 6:17 PM
What's the strategy? Anyway, which Honchkrow line are you using? Here's what I'd do for a basic Tyranitar bones of a deck:

4-3-4 T-tar Prime (Main) (Use the Mountain Eater Larvitar and Rage Pupitar from HSU, btw)
1-1/2-2 Weavile SW (To protect the bench from first attack)
2-2 Claydol GE
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Varied ammounts of Memory Berry
2 Moonlight

Those are the basics of a Tyranitar deck. Now just fill in the drawpower, the side attackers, and whatever you want. I wanted it to be your deck, so I just gave that idea :)

LugiaSoul
18th May 2010, 1:09 AM
Username-LugiaSoul
Reason for joining_ I wanna learn!
Do you go to a league? Sadly, no.
Have You ever played in a Tournament? Nope.
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? I'm new.

Liriane
18th May 2010, 2:17 AM
Accepted! Welcome, we are growing fast, but we always need new members!
@Nidoprince: now running 4-4-4 T-Tar, got rid of energy gain. Trying to get 2 honchcrow G, since they keep this deck alive. Don't really need the wavile, as most of the pokemon are dark anyway, and I'm going to try Darkrai X for the unlimeted special darks, wadya think?

Nidoprince
18th May 2010, 2:43 AM
Sorry, I meant Manectric and a Bench Shield. You're going to need Claydol and Uxie, so you're going to need something to protect them.

Don't run 4-4-4 T-tar, run 4-3-4 or 4-2-4 since you'll be running Rare Candy anyway. That's the strategy with Rare Candy and Stage two cards.

Honchkrow G is OK in this deck. I can see why you consider it, seeing this deck pretty much needs Moonlight and BTS. It slows the deck too much though. I would just concentrate on more Trainer, Supporter, and Pokepower speed, so that you can get an early spread.

Darkrai X is pretty good in this deck, just get rid of the Special Dark, of course. But I don't like the idea that you need to retreat with Moonlight, Switch, or pay the heavy retreat cost, then get T-Tar get back out there. Play more Switch, or preferably Warp Point, if you're running a Darkrai X tech.

Liriane
18th May 2010, 1:03 PM
I was using honchcrow as a start, usually. I have no Uxie or manetric, and I'm a little waey of using claydol, as he has no protection without manetric. Also, at battle rads, do you think there will be a lot of counters (aka Donkphan) for this deck? I really hope not...

Nidoprince
18th May 2010, 3:46 PM
There are way better starts for decks. In this case, aim to start with Larvitar and get a turn one spread. Well if you don't have a card, you make a list pretending you have 4 of every card, then you buy the cards when you need them. You still have time to buy some cards, they only take a few days to ship, usually. If you can't afford a card, try the next best thing.

And you always have to watch out for counters. Donphan can out-speed Tyranitar with this run, and it's commonly used. Dewgong SV is probably the best card to counter donphan. Run a 1-1 line of it if Donphan's popular in your area.

Oh yea, and speaking of BR Dark decks:

Pokemon (16):

4-3 Mightyena PL
0-1 Mightyena LA
4 Skuntank G
3 Uxie
1 Regice LA

Trainers (26):

4 Pokedrawer+
4 SSU
4 Pokedex
4 Quick Ball
4 Reversal
3 Warp Point
2 Communication
1 Luxury Ball

Supporters (6):

2 Bebe's
2 Collector's
2 Professor Oak's New Theory

Tools (2):

2 Expert Belt

Stadiums (6):

4 BTS
2 Moonlight

Energy (4):

4 Special Dark

It's pretty much perfect, all I need is a way so that I don't AUTOLOSS TO GYARADOS.

LugiaSoul
18th May 2010, 10:05 PM
Okays, I need some deck building advice please, cause I'm new to this.

Liriane
19th May 2010, 2:14 AM
well, 1st decide what you want to build from what you have, and go from there. Tell us when u decide and we'll do what we can.

Nidoprince
19th May 2010, 5:45 AM
Remember, the deck should actually have a flowing combination. Like in the deck above, Skuntank G poisons Mightyena with his PokePower Poison Structure, (My 6 Stadiums make that possible) then Mightyena attacks 80 for no damage. If you can't think of a combo, look up cards on Bebe's Search or Serebii, and if you don't have cards to make a combo, just make a deck with good attackers. Just remember in the future for a competitive deck, that's what you need.

LugiaSoul
19th May 2010, 1:45 PM
Okay. I think I'll make a water centered deck. I have an Empoleaon lv. x. I guess that's a start.

Nidoprince
19th May 2010, 5:01 PM
Empoleon Lv. X is a great card. It has awesome disruption with it's Power, and it can hit the bench or the active with it's attack.

Liriane
19th May 2010, 11:29 PM
Ya, Plus it's a pretty good donphan counter.

Nidoprince
20th May 2010, 5:47 AM
It's a good Donphan counter, but there are better. I personally think Dewgong SV is the best.

Liriane
20th May 2010, 12:56 PM
I agree, but do you think Saybleye stat would work in my deck?

Nidoprince
20th May 2010, 6:00 PM
No, you don't really need a start for T-tar. Run it like a donk/speed deck, try and Rare Candy or BTS into T-tar and early spread, then sweep late game. Just focus on trying to get a T1-T2 spread. Also, use Memory Berry for Mountain Eater and mainly Rage.

eveelution23
21st May 2010, 2:58 AM
hey guys

What do you think of a deck based off steelix and steelix prime from unleashed. I wanted to have it as a steel and water type but then i realised that i need an onix to get to steelix. can i still have it as a water and steel?

So far i have 9 pokemon
onix
steelix
steelix prime
poliwag
poliwhirl
poliwrath
remoraid
horsea
buizel
wartortal

Right now i only have 5 trainers
pokemon circulator
interviewers questions
judge (x2)
good rod
Engineer's Adjustments

I do still need some more evolutions for some but what do you think so far? I should be getting more cards soon to add to it.

Nidoprince
22nd May 2010, 2:32 AM
Why are you only using Pokemon from UL?

eveelution23
22nd May 2010, 2:04 PM
I am using only cards from unleashed because i wanted a deck with only cards from that set. If i cant do that then i will try to add some cards from hgss base set.

Nidoprince
22nd May 2010, 3:54 PM
Well then you should at least not base it off what you have. If you want a deck that will be HGSS on, then you could just wait for more sets.

Liriane
23rd May 2010, 2:37 AM
Ya, and if u get more cards blastoise would be cool.

Nidoprince
23rd May 2010, 5:01 AM
That reminds me, if you want a deck that's HGSS-on, here's a few that could work:

Crobat Prime
T-Tar prime
Jumpluff
Feraligatr Prime + Lanturn Prime
Feraligatr Prime + Blastoise

Off the top of my head.

eveelution23
24th May 2010, 10:26 PM
oh ok thank you. I might buy a booster box kinda soon if i can save up some money. So that will help me out alot with the cards i need for a deck. * goes off to save some money*

Nidoprince
24th May 2010, 11:18 PM
If you're gonna get a box, get RR or PL. Trust me, speculation has it the rotation will be PL on, and arguably the best set is either of the 2.

Liriane
25th May 2010, 2:55 PM
But if u only want to run hgss on a booster box is a good idea. I got every prime except for steelix and 1 half of a legend from my box.

Nidoprince
25th May 2010, 5:03 PM
I'd just wait if you want HGSS. Trust me, more sets will be coming and they're better than the ones that are out now.

Liriane
28th May 2010, 4:02 PM
True, true...
What do you think of Darkrai X as a boost on he bench for my deck? Or Saybleye Start?

Nidoprince
28th May 2010, 4:57 PM
Sableye start, no. Run a few BTS and 4 Rare Candy, and good drawpower so you can get T-Tar out T1, or even T2.

Darkrai X could make a good tech. But if it's that or Manectric, definatly use Manectric and a Bench Shield.

EDIT: BRs are this Sunday and Monday! I'm so excited! I'm going with Mightyena donk (See Sig). When are your BRs, Lirane, and what are you using?

Liriane
28th May 2010, 8:47 PM
Tomorrow- June 13

I'm either running Beautifly or T-Tar, I Can't decide

Nidoprince
29th May 2010, 4:19 AM
You're going to all of them? Wow, I can only make it to 2.

Definatly run T-Tar. But you need to buy more cards because it needs a bit of work still.

Liriane
29th May 2010, 1:20 PM
Guess what? On a whim I have decided to run Wash-out Blastoise 2-day. Unfortunatly no, I'm only going to 3/4, but here's my deck:

1 Qwilfish hgss
3 Buizel hgss
3 Floatzel UL
4 Squirtle UL
3 Wartortle
4 Blastoise UL
2 Baltoy RR
2 Claydol GE
1 Smeargle SW

1 Broken Time-Space
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Interviewer's Questions
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Expert Belt
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Fisherman
1 Energy Search
1 Poke Radar
1 Great Ball
1 Energy Pickup
3 Life Herb
2 Rare Candy
1 Bebe's Search (all I have)

12 Water energy

Typical Blastoise deck, start w/ smeargle to get energy, Get 2 energy on blastioise per turn using floatzel, then do 100 per turn to whatever you choose!!

Feadric
29th May 2010, 2:36 PM
Take out the energy search and replace it with energy, having that energy search is just asking to be taken out by Gengar and there is no difference in when you get the energy.

Feadric
29th May 2010, 2:46 PM
You have 4 blastoise, so why not four expert belts?

Nidoprince
30th May 2010, 4:19 AM
Don't run 4 e belts. Use 2 in a deck that needs them.

Also, don't base this on what you have, just buy the cards when you need them.

Liriane
30th May 2010, 1:15 PM
I wish I could. I placed 3r in battle roads yesterday, but there were only 7 people in my division. I want to run something new. got any ideas?

Nidoprince
31st May 2010, 2:52 AM
Wow, same thing happened to me today.

What can you use?

Liriane
31st May 2010, 7:50 PM
I'm thinking one of these:
Honchkrow donk
Floatzel/Blastoise
T-tar (but I have no moonlight stadium :( )
Beautifly (platinum one)

and maybe shuppet if i can round up some of the cards needed.

Nidoprince
31st May 2010, 9:20 PM
Honchkrow donk? You mean...

Energy to Honchkrow G
Energy Gain to Honchkrow G
Insane ammounts of Crobat drops
Target attack

If so, that or Floatzel.

Guys, I've been thinking of a PL on deck. But I don't know what to use. I want a deck that's slower but can also be competitive. Like decks that need Spiritomb and stuff like that. I was thinking of:

Cursegar
Raikou-Suicune Legend
Shiftry RR
Blastgatr/Blastzel

What else?

Liriane
1st June 2010, 1:26 AM
Ya thats what i meant by honchkrow donk. which do u think i should run blastzel (which is better than blastgatr) or Donk?

Nidoprince
1st June 2010, 5:21 AM
Hmm...Well Honchkrow's a little frail...it only has 80hp and a weakness to Lightning...Run Blastzel and see how it works for you.

BTW, the reason some people run Blastgatr depending on how high SP is in your area. Mainly because if they Power Spray Floatzel attatchment, your done. And Feraligatr makes a good side attacker in case something should happen. Both have their ups and downs.

Liriane
1st June 2010, 5:34 PM
True, but BTS is so popular here, There aren't too many SP decks around here, but that's another thing I could run, hmmm...

Nidoprince
1st June 2010, 7:12 PM
Nah, don't run SP. I'm just guessing, but I don't think you have 4 Poketurn, 4 Energy Gain, 4 Conspiracy, and 2-3 Power Spray. No offense, but if you don't have the cards you said you didn't have, these are about just as hard if not harder to get.

Liriane
1st June 2010, 8:14 PM
Ya, you're right. I'm thnking about running unleased roserade w/ metagross and mismagius, and maybe wormadam w/ plant cloak. just a raw idea.

Nidoprince
1st June 2010, 10:37 PM
What's the strategy for that?

Also, I built my own Blastgatr list. I didn't want to run Blastzel as Luxchomp is high in my area, and they'll snipe Floatzel where as they can't easily snipe 'Gatr.

Pokemon (23):
4-2-4 Blastoise UL
2-1-2 Feraligatr Prime
1-1 Lanturn Prime
1-1 Floatzel GL Lv. X
4 Spiritomb AR

T/S/S (17):

4 Bebe's
4 Interviewer's
4 Switch
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokedex
2 BTS
1 Palmer's

Energy (18):

4 DCE
12 Water
2 Lightning

This is PL on btw.

Liriane
2nd June 2010, 4:24 PM
Looks great! The Stratagy is
1 get roerade
2 Stall w/ Wormadam while getting energy on roserade
3 free retreat wormadam w/ metagross's ability
4 use mismagius to move psychic energy to roserade
5 hit w/ roserde for lots of damage
what do u think?

Nidoprince
2nd June 2010, 5:35 PM
There's too much going on. Get rid of Metagross as it only switches the opponent for 4 Warp Point, and get rid of Wormadam for 4 Spiritomb AR, 4 Jirachi RR, 4 Sableye SF, or 4 Smeargle SW.

Liriane
2nd June 2010, 5:44 PM
Good idea, but Metagross gives me free retreat, as long as I have psychic energy. Would 1 Smeargle, 1 Spiritomb, and 2 Jirachi work?

Nidoprince
3rd June 2010, 12:22 AM
Just run Moonlight Stadium, if not Warp Point or Switch.

Any combination of those works if you don't have them, but if you can use 4 of one.

Liriane
3rd June 2010, 12:25 AM
So I should still lose Metagross?

Nidoprince
3rd June 2010, 3:08 AM
Yea, it's a stage 2 for basicly nothing that any other faster card can't do.

New Blastgatr:

Pokemon (24):
4-2-4 Blastoise UL
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime
1-1 Floatzel GL Lv. X
1-1 Staraptor FB Lv. X
4 Spiritomb AR

T/S/S (21):

4 Bebe's
4 Switch
4 Rare Candy
4 Interviewer
3 Collector
1 BTS
1 Palmer's

Energy (15):

15 Water

Liriane
3rd June 2010, 2:48 PM
Looks good, but if you have any more BTS I'd run at least 2.

Nidoprince
3rd June 2010, 6:06 PM
I have 4 BTS. I needed them for my Mightyena deck, which I have dismantled because it doesn't work in the rotation unless it's LA on. I actually changed the deck a bit and made it 2 again:

-3 Water
-1 Switch
-1-1 Floatzel (Too slow)

+2 DCE
+1 BTS
+1 Flower Shop Girl/Palmer's
+1 Relicanth SV
+1 Fighting Energy

Liriane
4th June 2010, 3:32 AM
u sure about taking out floatzel? if you could lv. max up, i would keep it in. with the Mightyena, which i was thinking of running, would 2 skuntank g be enough?

Nidoprince
4th June 2010, 4:02 AM
I know I could do that, but Spiritomb locks trainers anyway and it requires a flip. The deck is already slow, if the recovery is slow, I would ditch the deck.

You're gonna try Mightyena? 2 Skuntank G is the standard ammount. Some would say to use 4, for an increased chance of getting it the first turn, but with the drawpower you should have you can get it anyway.

Liriane
6th June 2010, 4:34 PM
I only have 1 at the moment, but know someone who will trade. I like the idea, but I ca't seem to find my Nidoqueen...

Nidoprince
6th June 2010, 10:39 PM
Don't use Nidoqueen in Mightyena. Trust me, anything is better if you're gonna heal, even Blissey Prime. I tried it today at league, and what ends up happening is one of the evos or Nidoran is prized, or your benched is clogged, which is usually the case.

Liriane
7th June 2010, 3:25 AM
Oh, I thought that was the whole idea behind the Mighteyena. What's a good setup w/ no Nidoqueen?

Nidoprince
7th June 2010, 4:32 AM
Nidoqueen would be awesome in the deck if it set up. That way you can retreat for another Mightyena and heal the old one and repeat, but it's a stage 2, ends up getting prized (Don't even think about Azelf), and it's 3 cards you can be using for something else. I've only tested Nidoqueen, but you can still try Blissey PL or Blissey Prime.

Liriane
9th June 2010, 3:24 PM
I might try nidoqueen out, IF I CAN FIND IT!! Because i have no Blisey.

Nidoprince
9th June 2010, 4:54 PM
Or you could run some Pokehealer+. Those work as well.

I was also working on an underused Milotic SV deck. How do you guys like it:

Pokemon (19):

4-4 Milotic SV
1-1 Bronzong SF
3 Quagsire GL
2 Regice LA
2 Mesprit LA
1 Houndoom G
1 Azelf LA

Trainers (23):

4 Night Teleporter
4 SSU
4 Bench Shield
4 Potion
4 Warp Point
3 Candies

Supporters (8):

4 Bebe's Search
2 Looker's
2 Palmer's

Stadiums (2)

2 Dawn Stadium

Energy (8):

(Not so sure how to lay this out)
4 Water
3 DCE
1 Dark

Strategy:

Set up Milotic and get rid of your hand with techs. Then get a prize with Quagsire and wall until time is called or they scoop. Houndoom G is a Dialga counter.

Liriane
9th June 2010, 5:52 PM
Good idea, but is it legal? I know stalling isn't, so I'd make sure.

Nidoprince
9th June 2010, 10:58 PM
Stalling is doing this:

I'll...use...looker's...investigation...*Slowly shuffle in hand and slowly draw 1* Now...I'll...Regimove...your...Luxray...GL...Lv. X...and...I'll...warp...point...to...Quagsire...GL ...And...use...Hit...and...Run...for...40...and... switch...with...Milotic...

(Time for that part of the turn: 5 minutes)

What I'm doing is just aiming to make the opponent not attack the whole game. Should I use a different hit-switcher though? The ones I know of are:

Ledian
Lightning Arceus
Curse Gengar

Liriane
10th June 2010, 7:59 PM
It's a good deck, but your peers will probably grumble about it, but I checked, it's 100% legal, although people won't like it very much.

P.S. Have you noticed we're the only ones posting? I'll look into a rank up for you, Nidoprince, once I figure out a higher rank than co-owner.

Nidoprince
10th June 2010, 8:12 PM
Isn't it pretty much just a teched out version of Cursegar though, but with only one or two walls (I'll need to add one more just in case because if I take a prize I get a card in my hand. But the whole point is to just make sudden death or make them scoop, but one card is still worth it. What should I add?).

Lol speaking of weird decks, I was actually considering the 59 energy and one Magikarp deck. If they draw out their whole deck from the no basics, I win, don't I? I bet it's illegal though...

I think part of the reason is that nobody really plays the TCG here in Serebii. The TCG forums are stuff like Pokebeach and Pokegym, both of which I have joined and probably wouldn't allow it anyway because they have a bigger RMD section anyway, but mabye we should try to branch out a bit? I'll put a link in my sig so when I go to the TCG forum in here people will join.

I don't think there's not really a rank higher than co-owner besides second owner (Which is pretty much co-owner) and owner lol.

Liriane
10th June 2010, 8:56 PM
Maybe we should. The Magikarp deck is legal, but since a mulligan draw is optional, it's not very practical. Maybe use Banette PL? That's all I can think of.

Nidoprince
10th June 2010, 11:11 PM
Aw man, I thought you had to draw lol. I would never use it, but it was just an idea when I read the first post.

Haven't had a topic in a while:

What decks will be hurt by the MD on rotation?

Gardevoir/Gallade (This is obvious)
Cursegar (You lose some walls)
Duskrow (No more Dusknoir DP)
Gyarados (No more Felicity's Drawing)

That's off the top of my head.

Liriane
11th June 2010, 6:09 PM
I thought it was PL on. What do you think of using Baynette PL in your deck?
What decks will be hurt by the MD on rotation?
All I can think of is my beautifly deck, and maybe shuppet for loss of tecs, but probably not, and everything you said.

Nidoprince
11th June 2010, 6:33 PM
Banette could work, but eventually it will get killed. Bronzong prooves itself useful as if I need a Dark energy to power my Houndoom to counter Dialga, I can just use Bronzong to get it out.

Shuppet loses Mime, so you are right on that one. Also, I thought of more obvious ones:

Infernape
Torterra/Sceptile
Empoleon Lock
Any decks that need Alakazam MT
Flytrap (Read Trapinch SW)
Any deck that loses Unown G and can't use Toxicroak G/Skuntank G combo.

It's been revealed on Pokemon.com that it's MD on. You can also check my thread in the TCG forum for the link.

Liriane
11th June 2010, 6:51 PM
True about those, but w/ Garyados, Regice can do felicity's job, but not as well.

Nidoprince
11th June 2010, 10:46 PM
You can discard cards with lots of engines, but Felicity's is the only one that draws if you discard.

Liriane
12th June 2010, 12:16 AM
That's true. I need a new deck now that Raikou and Entai legend is big, 'case it slaughters Blastzel. Any ideas?

Nidoprince
12th June 2010, 2:00 AM
Raikou Entei will not I repeat NOT make it into the format, especially with it's drawback, but if you insist, here are some decks I will try that are pretty fun:

Bastiodon PL tank
Raikou Suicune Legend Tank
Dusknoir SF/Ampharos Prime

There's also another one, but it's a secret idea so I won't post it here, but I'll trust you to not leak it so let me know if you want me to PM it to you.

Liriane
12th June 2010, 2:31 AM
I would love that, and I'll keep it secret, I promise. It (Raikou Entai) has a drawback, but not if you run it w/ hetran X, which keeps you from discarding energy.

Nidoprince
12th June 2010, 4:24 AM
Heatran X could definatly work. That's a great idea, slow, but still good.

I'll send the PM now.

Liriane
12th June 2010, 3:03 PM
Great deck idea, but definitely going to take a while to get all of the cards together. I LOVE the idea, it's nearly flawless!

Nidoprince
12th June 2010, 3:18 PM
Thank you :D The one flaw I see is that it costs to much to make, but I'll have it by cities when I'll try it. If it does good then, I'll try it at states, if it does good then, regionals, if it does good then, Nats, if I can afford to go, and if I get invitited to worlds I'll use that, or I'll chicken out and use something else.

There's no league this weekend TT-TT I'm depressed...I have to find something else to do...not that I have no life besides Pokemon, but I don't do much besides that on the weekends lol. At least there's league next week, and more exciting, league on summer vacation. I'm travelling and I'm interested in the meta where I'm going.

Liriane
12th June 2010, 5:52 PM
My league is monday and my other league is thurs, so I have nothing to do except make art for the Eeveelutions fan club v. 9. I'll look through my cards and see how many cards I need if I want to run that deck, unless you want to be the only one to run it, which I would understand if you feel that way.

Nidoprince
12th June 2010, 9:15 PM
That's an untrue dream already, my friend was thinking of running it even before I told him so you can run it. I just don't want it posted because the internet is open to every part of the world, anyone can get the idea and it'll easily spread. Not trying to brag or anything, but it's a solid idea.

I'm going to see what I have for the deck. That way I'll know how much more I need to buy by October for Battle Roads fall. Actually, I'll probably run Ampharos/Dusknoir or my Milotic deck as it's such a little event. That is if I'm still trying to get the cards. But I have some time, and my Birthday's coming up in August so I'll be able to use some of my birthday money to buy cards.

Liriane
13th June 2010, 8:47 PM
That'll work. my main problem is i have no gl x

Nidoprince
13th June 2010, 9:15 PM
Me neither. I don't even have the non-leveled up card lol. I recently playtested it and it's only flaw is it was too slow. I tweaked it, and now it's beast O_O I totally swamped my Mightyena deck. And I had horrible luck with the second attack getting lots of tails and barely not making the OHKO, and flipped 3 tails on 3 reversals in one turn!!!I still won, and Mightyena only claimed 2 Prizes. I was about to loose so I scooped in style: Poketurned Skuntank, attatched to active Uxie, Psychic Restore, KO, put it on the bottom, game lol. I needed a heads on a Night Teleporter as well though, so I could snipe off the damaged bench attacker with a few Crobat drops and KO the active with Psychic Restore. If you want I'll send you the new list. It's still a bit shakey because it totally needs either more basics or a few Call, and I have no Professor Oak's New Theory in it! I'll ask help from my friends at league and it should be better though. But definatly try it, it's so awesome and fun.

Porygon X
14th June 2010, 2:03 AM
Hello. As par request, I have come to join!

Form:

Username: Look at the top of this post. (Porygon X)
Reason for joining: I was asked to. lol, no, I think I can contribute a lot to the club. After all, I DID win Regionals. ;)
Do you go to a league? I go to one, and occasionally two.
Have You ever played in a Tournament? Once or twice. lol. No, I've been to so many, I can't count.
How long have you played Pokemon TCG? For several years now.

I'm so glad you found me!/I found you! I hope I can contribute a lot to this club, and am looking forward to rating some decks!

EDIT:
Oddly, I'm trying to build an Entei Raiku (excuse my poor spelling) deck for my dad for Nats. You don't have too, but I would like to know what you have in that deck. Thanks if you decide to share.

Nidoprince
14th June 2010, 2:15 AM
Accepted! Are you the same Porygon X from Pokebeach? Anyway, nice job at regionals. What'd you go with?

Porygon X
14th June 2010, 3:36 AM
Yes, I'm the same Porygon X from the Beach. I won with Shuppet w/ a semi secret tech that I won't reveal.;)

Nidoprince
14th June 2010, 5:25 AM
Oh hey there. I'm Tyraniking on the beach, probably don't know me, but hi :P

Anyway would you like to do a list trade? My deck isn't Raikou/Entei, but it's pretty sick. So if you PM me the Shuppet tech (Curiosity is killing me) I'll PM you the combo. The list is a bit shakey as it is, so it's not worth giving the list yet (Slightly inconsistent, and slow recovery. If you want the list though, please tell me what you think lol I can't post it anywhere). I won't reveal the Shuppet tech if you won't reveal the idea. Deal?

Liriane
14th June 2010, 4:13 PM
Welcome! I have Heatran, but not X. Anyway, Glad u Came!

Porygon X
14th June 2010, 4:52 PM
Wow. That's tough. If you absolutely won't share it with anyone, I will tell you, for you Entei Raiku list. Cool?

Nidoprince
14th June 2010, 6:38 PM
@Liriane: You don't even have the X from the tin?

@Porygon X: It's not an Entei Raikou list. It's something else, but it's really cool. I promise I won't tell anyone, but you can't share the list I give either. I'll allow anyone to play it if I share it, but I don't want it seen on the Rate My Deck section or anything.

Liriane
14th June 2010, 7:16 PM
no, I never got that tin.

Nidoprince
14th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Oh. When'd you start playing/collecting anyway? That wasn't released not too long ago. I got it before I got serious about playing.

Liriane
15th June 2010, 11:18 PM
I've been plying for about 2 years no, I just never got the tin.

Nidoprince
16th June 2010, 2:00 AM
I've been playing for about 8 months now. I try and get every tin lol. Except for the ones from sets that aren't legal.

Liriane
16th June 2010, 2:15 AM
Something really po'd me today. this lady from walmart was trying to sell these kids a box of ex cards, saying they were legal. When I told the kids they weren't, she got all mad saying that they were and she would know, since she had played for years. She went on to tell me that her husband was a judge and said there was no problem in using those cards in tournaments. The kids ended up not getting it, and she glared at me the entire time I was shopping there. UGH!!

Sorry, I just need to vent.

Nidoprince
16th June 2010, 4:40 AM
They were probably legal when she was playing. That's exactly the kind of think that would tick me off, I feel your pain. It's so funny how people think they are right and they are really just making a fool of themself. It's a different story when they admit they are wrong, but that kind of thing is just being plain ignorant. Sorry you had to deal with that :/

By the way, does anyone know if it's OK to run Call but not run it max? My deck needs call Desperately because I only have 10 basics and I already teched it out, so it could easily get donked. But sometimes it seems 4 Call is a lot...would 3 or maybe even 2 Call work, or should it only be run to the maximum for consistency?

Liriane
16th June 2010, 2:38 PM
I would think so, but you run more basics than I do, I run 8. :)

Nidoprince
16th June 2010, 3:20 PM
8? Wow. You should have at least 14 Basics if you don't run Call. Otherwise your opponent will easily be able to donk you, especially if you go first.

Liriane
17th June 2010, 4:02 PM
That's kinda weird, since I never get donked...

Nidoprince
18th June 2010, 12:10 AM
O_O I wish I lived in your area. Here's the decks I saw that were donk decks in BRs:

5 Kingdras (Donk)
Me with Mightyena (Donk)
Luxchomp (Yes it can donk if you have enough Crobats, which happened to me and one of my friends.)
Charizard (Donk)
Donphan (Donk)

That's 9 decks and that's only what I know of.

Liriane
18th June 2010, 1:38 AM
What's Charizard? The only 3 donk decks here are

1. Shuppet

2. Porygon

3. Honchcrow

Porygon X
18th June 2010, 3:00 AM
The Charizard from Arceus. It can do 30(?) if one energy, but the Pokebody makes all damage that it does + 10 for each fire on your bench.

So, Charizard w/ one fire energy active
+
3 or so fire pokemon on your bench
+
Expert belt
=
One nice 80 damage T1.

Liriane
18th June 2010, 10:35 PM
O ok, makes sense. Maybe I should think about that...

Nidoprince
19th June 2010, 1:19 PM
I have a little announcement:

Any Pokebeach members: I started a new TCG clan called Team Rogue. It specializes in rogue decks. Thing is, I'm not getting any members. If you are interested, please PM me the application form ON POKEBEACH and you will be a member.

Anyways, I'm trying out my deck that I've been talking about at league today, and maybe I'll fix it up. Can't wait to go to fall BRs with it, it'll be great.

Liriane
24th June 2010, 12:16 AM
I'll look out for it!
random question:
will anyone quit if Gengar prime comes out w/ lost zone stadium?
I might...

Nidoprince
24th June 2010, 7:33 PM
LOL no. Lost Zone isn't as good as you think. Just tech in Stadiums or a 1-1 Staraptor FB X, which is good for Fast Call anyway. If quitting is based on broken cards, we would've quit by SF.

Liriane
24th June 2010, 8:27 PM
Have you seen gengar prime?

If not, here's the link, please look:
http://serebii.net/card/lostlink/015.shtml

Nidoprince
25th June 2010, 12:01 AM
I know, it's not that great. What if you don't have Pokemon in your hand to put in the lost zone, which you really shouldn't most of the time unless you got it from a prize. How are you going to even make kills? OMG 40 spread for 2...wow, really impressive...OK, just imagine a Jumpluff vs. Lost World varient. There's a good chance you'll be able to win T1 with Jumpluff, but we'll be realistic. Jumpluff will just keep coming, and coming, and coming, and it runs BTS and relies on benching Pokemon, so you'll be able to get rid of Pokemon while OHKOing Gengar all the time. A SF Gengar would be helpful thanks to Poltergeist, but how helpful will that be when they send up another Pluff and KO you? Not saying it will fail, it will definatly be played, but it's not worth quitting over.

Liriane
25th June 2010, 3:47 PM
It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for it's 1st attack, which would beat jumpluff, because, knowing from experience running he deck, you almost always have at least 2 pokemon in your hand, like most other decks. and, since there's not going to be any claydol, you can hardly get rid of them.

Nidoprince
25th June 2010, 6:18 PM
But if they put the Pokemon in the lost zone and you don't have any more Pokemon in your hand, they pretty much autolose.

Liriane
25th June 2010, 9:16 PM
The problem w/ it is it can combo w/ giratina and it's other attack. Absol g lv x is also goin to be big, w/ pokeyurn, and palkia g lv x, it's a recipie for disaster. plus, if you can only get 3 out of their hand, you'e still already halfway to winning.

Nidoprince
26th June 2010, 3:40 PM
OK, well it's just as good as any other meta deck. My money's on that Lost World will be banned.

Liriane
26th June 2010, 4:42 PM
I sure hope so.

Nidoprince
26th June 2010, 9:56 PM
You know, I've been thinking of Mothim MD deck to represent Team Rogue. What do you think of:

Pokemon (23):

0-4 Mothim 3 MD, 1 AR (Nice tech)
3-2 Wormadam Metal (AR-AR)
3-2 Wormadam Fighting (AR-AR)
3-2 Wormadam Grass (AR=AR)
3 Uxie LA
1 more of any Burmy, not sure what to run more of

T/S/S (23)

4 Communicator's
4 Bebe's
4 Pokedex
4 Warp Point
2 Collector's
2 Cynthia's Feelings (Because everyone in the deck has low HP)
2 Palmer's
1 Luxury Ball

Energy (14):

4 DCE
4 Grass
3 Metal
3 Fighting

Strategy: There's 2 strategies:

Set up Trash, Sandy, and Plant Wormadam, with a Mothim active, early donk, or you can hit and switch, move energies, and use a wide variety of attacks with all the Wormadam in play.

It's hard to explain, but basicly it's the deck that does it all: Disrupts and Snipes with Trash Wormadam, heals and hits status with Plant Wormadam, hits high with Sandy Wormadam, Donks, hit-switches, and moves energy with Mothim MD, sets up with Mothim AR, and weakness hits.

Thoughts?

Liriane
28th June 2010, 3:52 PM
Good Idea, but bts and rare candies are needed.

Nidoprince
28th June 2010, 6:43 PM
Haha, this makes me so glad to announce that you don't. Burmy's body allows you to evolve the turn you play it. So you could just:

Burmy Sand, Plant, and Trash to the bench, evolve, evolve, evolve, and evolve active Burmy and Get Help. Oh, and by the way, I'm doing 90 for one now.

Liriane
29th June 2010, 1:47 AM
Oh yeah, that's right, sorry...

Nidoprince
29th June 2010, 5:10 AM
No worries. What do you think of Luxray GL X in this deck?

Liriane
29th June 2010, 4:01 PM
It would be OK, but I don't think it's needed. Maybe put some expert belts in the deck, but once again, not a necessity.