PDA

View Full Version : Octorel

AyameHikaru
31st January 2010, 9:56 PM
Here's the current deck I'm using. It's got about a 75% win rate in league and I'm hoping to beef it up a bit for States. Thanks for any advice in advance.

(Currently leaving out all HGSS cards)

Modified/Tournament legal format

4x Octillery PT
4x Remoriad PT
3x Bidoof SF
3x Bibarel SF
2x Baltoy
2x Claydol (League promo)
1x Uxie (League Promo)
1x Unown Q

3x Bebe's Search
1x Roseanne's research
3x Looker's Investigation
1x Underground Expedition
2x Life Herb
1x Dawn Stadium
1x Quick Ball
1x Aaron's Collection
1x Cynthia's guidance
1x Luxury ball
1x Rare Candy (Unfortunately all I have)

18x Water energy
3x Health energy
1x recover energy
2x Call energy

For those who don't know, the point of this deck is to drain any non-energy cards out of your deck as fast as possible, so that Octillery's Water Vein can do as much damage as possible. Bibarel is there mainly to stall and annoy, with its blocking of anything except attack and Amnesia to blank the opponent's best attack.

I've managed to pull out a one turn donk before (Remoraid+Rare Candy+Bebe's Search) but it seems like the longer the battle goes, the less chance I have of winning.

Liriane
31st January 2010, 10:20 PM
Very nice! I think that maybe, unless you have a really good use for it, get rid of unknown, unless Bibarel has only 1 energy retreat cost (I forget if it's one or 2). other than that, it's a great deck!

AyameHikaru
31st January 2010, 10:27 PM
Bibarel's a three and octillery's a two. >.<

Liriane
31st January 2010, 11:28 PM
Then why is unknown Q in there?

Nidoprince
1st February 2010, 12:00 AM
Unown Q lowers the retreat cost by one, making it cost less energy to retreat. Do Roseanne's to the maximum, take out Cynthia's, Quick ball, Recover, and Health Energies, and put in some shuffle-drawers like Volkner's. Mainly because if you run out of cards in your deck you lose, and if you get out all the cards in your deck fast, you may need to refresh. Shuffle-drawers has saved me from that exact thing dozens of times.