PDA

View Full Version : Honchy Call Modified

Nidoprince
3rd February 2010, 3:48 AM
Old thread is dead :( It was a good thread...It had a lot to offer. I remember first making that thread--

Alright, enough mourning.

Pokemon: (19)

Honckrow MT
Dusk Stone Murkrow SW x2
Absol SW
Honchkrow G x2
Poochyena LA x2
Pooochyena Pt. x1
Mightyena Pt. x3
Sableye SF
Sableye SW
Skuntank G x3
Nidoran
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Stantler

Trainers: (6)

Luxury Ball
Great Ball x2
Super Scoop Up x2
Energy Search

Supporters: (17)

Lucian's Assignment x2
Marley's Request x2
Prof. Elm's x2
Professor Rowan x2
Palmer's Contribution
Aaron's Collection x2
Underground Expedition x2
Buck's Training
Team Galactic's Mars
Professor Oak's visit x2

Stadiums: (4)

Speed Stadium x2
Moonlight Stadium x2

Energy: (13)

Basic Dark x3
Special Dark x4
Cyclone x2
Warp x2
Psychic x2

Notes: Will take out Bubble Coat and a few others for Skuntank G. I have 4, so I need to know what to take out for them. I might add Energy Gain with it as well.

Strategy: Search for Murkrow and Honchkrow in one easy turn, evolve, and keep on bench. Stall with other Pokemon. Search for Mightyena in the next turn for back up and load energies on both.

Liriane
3rd February 2010, 1:19 PM
Nice! I've faced a deck like that, and the only flaw it had is when (or if) you need to stall, the stall doesn't last long enough (or it didn't for him). other than that, it's great!!!

Nidoprince
3rd February 2010, 5:28 PM
I only need to stall for a little while to draw Mightyenas and Honchkrows or stuff that can get them. I'm wondering what I should take out for Skuntank G x4...

Sinnohdragon
3rd February 2010, 5:53 PM
This is what i think,

Take out:
Sableye SW (Just use th SF ones they are awesome as starters)
Super Scoop Up (Too unreliable imo)
Mom's Kindness (There are MUCH better cards)
Galactic HQ (stick with 2 Moonlights)
Bubble Coat (tends to have little use)
Some of your other supporters

Put in:
Skuntank G (Use the poison from having a stadium in play to hit your Pt Mightyena to give it free attacks)
Grimer>Muk Pt (Also works well with poison but this isn't vital, just works good)
Roseanne's Research, Bebe's Search and Cyrus's Conspiracy are your best supporters available for this deck, works with Sableye SF
Tools like Energy Gain and PokeTurn are searchable with Cyrus and help your SPs.

Also did you know you can only have up to 4 of the same special energys? You have too many special darks and cyclones.

I'm not sure about using the evolving Murkrow>Honchkrow line. They're good with swarming (4) so having only 2 in slightly pointless. And actually i don't really see the need for the Cyclones and Warps.

A better substitute for Potion would be a 1-0-1 line of RR Nidoqueen (Maternal Comfort) with a Rare Candy or 2.

But overall nice idea. My brother played a deck like this a while back which did quite well.

Nidoprince
3rd February 2010, 9:55 PM
Don't have another SF Sableye, Super Scoop Up is for Absol, although I'm taking out one. I have some other Supporters for subsitute's for Mom's, so mabye I can take them out, I only have 1 Moonlight, and Galactic HQ is for when I'm done evolving which shouldn't take long. I took out Bubble Coat as well. I didn't know you can only have 4 Special Energies...oh well...The Murkrow line is weak because that's all I have, and this isn't really a Psychic deck so I won't put Muk or Nidoqueen in there because I don't have them either.

Sinnohdragon
3rd February 2010, 10:22 PM
You don't attack with Nidoqueen, it just sits there using its Body (between turns, remove one damage counter from each of your Pokémon)

Nidoprince
3rd February 2010, 11:17 PM
I know, I was mainly reffering to Muk when I said Psychic, and both when I said I don't have them.

Liriane
4th February 2010, 5:25 PM
If you want it to stay a mainly dark deck, then why not have cards like sharpedo for stalls and such if you need to stall at all?

Nidoprince
4th February 2010, 9:18 PM
Because the only Sharpedo I have is from PK, which is illegal. Once I get some other Pokemon mabye I'll add them in, Sharpedo and Shiftry is a must have.

GreenAiden555
4th February 2010, 10:12 PM
I like the idea, especially the 5 special darkness energy ;)

I'd suggets putting in the Skuntank for maybe a potion or two. Rest seems to be okay.

Nidoprince
5th February 2010, 12:36 AM
Updated...You aren't allowed to have more than 4 Special Energy, so I took one out...

GalladeTheGreat
5th February 2010, 1:33 AM
Max bebe's and Roseanne's. Deck looks good but if you want a good staller and a good support card go with Darkrai and Darkrai Lv. X. That way all you basic dark energys become special and hes a great staller with his sleeping attacks. Get a 3-3 line for Mightyena if he is your main attacker.

Nidoprince
5th February 2010, 2:51 AM
I HAVE DARKRAI LV. X!!! But I need 2 Darkrai :'( When I got the tin for it, it went like this:

"Cool, a Darkrai Lv. X! Hey, this is really good! I'm going to feature it in a Dark deck! Now if I could just find my Darkrai...*Looks through Dark cards and finds the Pokemon listed in the deck* :@ Oh well, time to go Honchkrow until I get it."

But 3-3 Mightyena is a good idea, but I'm not sure if I have another one...Also, I don't have more Bebe's and Roseanne's, they're in my other deck. Even if I pulled/bought more, I'd put them in my other deck.

Liriane
5th February 2010, 12:40 PM
That's cool. I'd trade you a darkrai if I had one, and if I find one I'll trade it to you. in the meantime, honchcrow is a good substitute.

Nidoprince
5th February 2010, 5:43 PM
I'll keep Honchkrow until I get Shiftry or some other line that can get more support. I don't do RL trades unfortunatly :/ I'm just going to get 2 Endless Night theme decks for the Darkrai.