PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here actually use the GTS?

Xanron
4th February 2010, 3:34 AM
I use it sometimes, but honestly, there are a bunch of idiots there. I wanted to trade a Cranidos for a Shieldon & 99% of people wanted something ridiculous for a Shieldon like Entei, Mew, Darkrai, like anyone would do that. Another think is that alot of pokemon are hacked & I see someone wanting to trade a Level 10 Blaziken for a Celebi so, why doesn't that person just hack himself/herself a Celebi?

I traded my Quilava for a foreign Ditto caught in a masterball. And I think it's hacked.

Luxe
4th February 2010, 3:37 AM
I dont use the GTS just because the possibility of getting pokemon that are hacked (even fairly common ones, like infernape) is much too high.

poke'master
4th February 2010, 3:39 AM
Yeah as long as their are hacks the GTS will always be an iffy one. There are people though who don't hack so I guess all you can do is ask questions like what was it caught it, what moves/level is it. You know.. find out of they bred it them selves or punched in code to get it.

I don't use it personally because my wireless net doesn't work too well with the DS.

G.i.Я
4th February 2010, 3:39 AM
i use the gts quite often and you are right , its really annoying seen people how ask you a legend for a commond pkm. and yes, chances of getting a hacked pkm are high, but still i find it really interesting to trade wi other people around the world

GreenEspeon
4th February 2010, 3:42 AM
I used to use the GTS, but stopped when I figured out the pokemon I got from there were hacked and all that junk. I prefer trading pokemon on serebii and then breeding myself for whatever I need. If I need a pokemon just to fil my pokedex, I use my GBA games or trade with someone on serebii wifi chat, then release it or something. Y'know?

meh_25
4th February 2010, 4:04 AM
yeah i sued to use the GTS but as stated earlier their are too many idiots that offer stupid trades
also all the hacked pokemon

Dragon Master Fiona
4th February 2010, 5:10 AM
Hm, I'll admit it I hack my pokemon. BUT I wouldn't offer them in a trade because those are my hacked babies. Anyway, on subject, I don't use the GTS mostly because I can't get Wi-Fi on my DS Lite due to my household having a WPA Key. I might get into it when I upgrade to a DSi but that is a huge maybe.

BCVM22
4th February 2010, 5:44 AM
I might get into it when I upgrade to a DSi but that is a huge maybe.

Nope. Even with a DSi, the software has to be designed to be able to access a WPA connection. None of the Pokémon games are.

T.W.I.
4th February 2010, 5:53 AM
I use the GTS to trade only to fill my dex. I use it mainly to upload and store saved videos from when I play on wifi.

A7X_Slayer
4th February 2010, 5:55 AM
I don't use it
The GTS is not good to use because people all they want are Legendaries will they offer are pokemon like a Motham for a Darkrai

Never trust it because most pokemon are hacked (>_<)

Lord Scalgon
4th February 2010, 6:01 AM
Count me out. The GTS is the epitome of all evil...in terms of trading, that is.

2Percent-Miltank
4th February 2010, 6:02 AM
Yeah, I think I maybe used the GTS once. It was a long time ago and I got a Murkrow. And I have to say that, yeah, a lot of the trades are completely outrageous. It seems like everyone wants some impossible legendary for fairly commonplace Pokemon. It's so stupid. :/ So yeah, I don't waste my time. If I do want to do trades, I just do WiFi trades where I can at least have somewhat of a "face-to-face" conversation with the other trainer.

Shine
4th February 2010, 6:38 AM
I use GTS.....when I can.
Most of the time I don't get hacks, just ignore the ridiculous ones, expand your search by alternating the gender or level, you can get reasonable trades that way, and reasonable trades tends to be a legit one, not hacked.

Note that easy trades (such as a lv 100 Palkia holding Lustrous Orb for a Weavile with any gender and level, or a Mewtwo for a Lopunny with again, any gender & level) is too suspicious to be legit, that Palkia/Mewtwo is 99,9% a hack, as Weavile/Lopunny with any gender & level is too easy for such thing as a Mewtwo or a lv 100 Palkia.

Yes, I've actually seen a lv 100 Palkia holding Lustrous Orb offered for a Weavile with any gender & level, as well as a lv 70 Mewtwo for a Lopunny with any level & gender.

@xanron
I've got a Porygon2 in a Masterball from GTS before, and it's a legit one.
There's no problem with the ball, as long as it's not a Cherish Ball, Pal Park's Ball, or Safari Ball, and the Pokemon at least appears legit.

Miles "Tails" Prower
4th February 2010, 6:54 AM
I use it all the time, mostly just to get foreign Pokemon. I got some hacked ones, but I don't care cause I hack them all the time.

Yeah there are ridiculous trades, but there always will be.

Also, Japanese people must be really nice, because 99&#37; of all Pokemon I offer I get Japanese Pokemon in return.

A7X_Slayer
4th February 2010, 7:07 AM
I just did a trade using the GTS a while ago to see wat people had to offer
And I saw a LV.5 Japanese Shiny Mew
It was caught in a Mystery Zone

I trade a Giratina that been hacked for it
The Giratina was caught on route 225 met at LV.43

That is why I don't do trades on the GTS >_<

Manene!
4th February 2010, 7:09 AM
Not really, because most of the time, it's just pointless. Like, you don't really get anything from it because people are ridiculously unreasonable there.

Shine
4th February 2010, 7:10 AM
@slayer
Putting Shiny Mew on the GTS asking for Giratina (which isn't that hard to get) is rather suspicious, IMO.

Too bad GTS is not made so that you can view the Pokemon's profile data and moveset, would make it so much easier to find out whether it was a hack or not.

Dragon Master Fiona
4th February 2010, 12:34 PM
Nope. Even with a DSi, the software has to be designed to be able to access a WPA connection. None of the Pokémon games are.Damn it, someone give me a break here. Mm, I just don't care anymore. I am buying a DSi anyway, mostly to upgrade, and hopefully be able to do something with a game that doesn't care what software I'm using.

gangsta_pigs
5th February 2010, 12:34 AM
Lol after 3 three years i was finally unlazy enough to setup my wi-fi and ive been on a pretty good streak in wifi battle tower battles(i only 3 pokemon at lvl 100 most are at lvl 80 or 70, i like to balance them) so i need an electrilizer for my lvl 87 electabuzz(reached lvl in firered) if anyone has an electrilizer can ya give it to a pokemon so we could trade? ill offer any of the lvl 60s or below i have.

thanks, and pm me if you have an offer

creator of arceus
5th February 2010, 12:52 AM
I use it because I was looking for a charzard I found one and traded for it and it was legit.

Louseal
5th February 2010, 12:55 AM
I Use the GTS on occasion, since i'm new to the wifi thing. I usually just like to trade in hopes of someone from a different country language country trading with me. I don't really trade anything special right now though.
I agree, it is extremely annoying to see all these people wanting legendaries, and rare pokemon for really common ones D:

ryodragonite
5th February 2010, 1:13 AM
Ive honestly used it once but ill never do it again. Its not that its bad because I got a japanese piplup for a porygon but it takes to long sometimes and it bores me.

GreenEspeon
5th February 2010, 5:50 PM
Hm, I'll admit it I hack my pokemon. BUT I wouldn't offer them in a trade because those are my hacked babies. Anyway, on subject, I don't use the GTS mostly because I can't get Wi-Fi on my DS Lite due to my household having a WPA Key. I might get into it when I upgrade to a DSi but that is a huge maybe.You can always figure out how to get to the settings option. Like change the security settings. I saw my dad do that and he went to this thing so I did that when he wasn't there and now I have wifi whenever I want :)

Scriptmagician
5th February 2010, 6:09 PM
I don't like the GTS... Many of the pokemon are hacks and I don't want any dirty hacks on my save game. Hacked pokemon traded to you don't actually mess up your game, but still.

Anyway, I don't need the GTS. I can get the events through mystery gift and I have Diamond, Pearl, 2 Platinums and all the GBA games so I can get every pokemon :P

pokemaster394
5th February 2010, 6:29 PM
I used it to get a groudon because my ruby version is broken as well as for an event shaymin for the gracedia flower, which took forever to get. I think I also used it for getting manaphy and munchlax. I've actually used it alot. I can't use it now though, because we currently don't have wireless at my house. I must agree, wanting legendaries and super powerful pokemon for commons, thats a major rip off! You darn idiots! GRR!

DrJo
5th February 2010, 6:29 PM
its kind of useful i got a japense kangaskhan, a shiny murkrow (legit) and some others, i use it mainly if im feeling lazy...

pokemaster394
5th February 2010, 6:41 PM
BTW, my Groudon is from Japan. Its funny how I'm sitting in my room and next thing I know, I'm getting pokemon from Japan! So awesome! Now, if only it could get me a legit Deoxys without me having to trade a legendary or a super powered up pokemon. Celebi too!

Scriptmagician
5th February 2010, 6:54 PM
its kind of useful i got a japense kangaskhan, a shiny murkrow (legit) and some others, i use it mainly if im feeling lazy...

How do you know it's legit? You can't ;___;

pimpitout
5th February 2010, 10:43 PM
This was my first time using GTS today. Its aight if u can get pass the noobish offers and hacks, buuut got a non hacked shiny ditto with a timid nature.

BM14murph
6th February 2010, 11:25 AM
I use it like 2 years ago when i wanted to get the diamond exclusives for my pearl :P

It ain't anything to get excited over lol

shaq-attack
6th February 2010, 11:37 AM
I used to use the GTS quite frequently, but because of the risks, now I only use it to trade from one of my cartridges to another due to me only having one DS.

Shine
6th February 2010, 1:40 PM
How do you know it's legit? You can't ;___;

...try checking it in this thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=358447)?
Or do it yourself. You can deduce if a Pokemon you got from GTS is legit or not by checking its stats (including contest stats) and moveset, as well as its profile (where it was obtained/caught, at what level, what ribbon it has, what is the ball, etc).

Electric
6th February 2010, 4:16 PM
I use the GTS to trade for foreign Pokemon because I like getting Pokedex entries in different languages. I have many German Pokemon including Piplup. I got a Spanish Turtwig off the GTS nicknamed "YOU GAY"

Edit: Rank up!

RichRI322
6th February 2010, 5:11 PM
how does someone use the GTS?

Mr. Joker
6th February 2010, 5:11 PM
I do use it, just to get basic pokemon, no legendary pokemon because most of the Legendary pokemon put onto the GTS are more than likely hacked.

jabs4
6th February 2010, 5:58 PM
how does someone use the GTS?Well, for starters you need a WiFi connection via your DS/DSLite/DSi. Once you have that done, you go the GTS building in Jubilife. All you do is go the counter, go through the save options and you're in. Once you're in it, its pretty easy to figure out from there.

Agonist
6th February 2010, 6:26 PM
i use it since often times its eaiser to get a poke i need from their for breeding then it is here on sppf

zennyrpg
6th February 2010, 6:42 PM
I use it quite a bit. I've got a good collection of foreign dittos. It's pretty hit or miss and I can't stand the interface so what I usually do is put in a reasonable offer and wait a couple hours to a day and I usually get what I want. I got a Palkia. Yeah its probably hacked but I could level it up and send it back out for something else.

zennyrpg
6th February 2010, 6:43 PM
Opps, double post.

Mr. Joker
6th February 2010, 6:57 PM
Yeah its probably hacked but I could level it up and send it back out for something else.

Do you have morals? I hope you get another hacked pokemon for it.

zennyrpg
6th February 2010, 7:12 PM
Do you have morals? I hope you get another hacked pokemon for it.

I fully expect to. Thats the gts for you. If you are trading legendaries or highly valued pokemon than thats the risk you take. If you want to get legit pokemon than you trade here. When I eventually trade one of my PCP or other events i'll do it here because if you have something of value why trade it for something of lower value (legit > hacked)? There's no guarantees with the gts.

Besides, can't any hacked pokemon look legit anyway? I guess thats my assumption, that checking the level and location found and that stuff just rules out obvious hacks right? Or is that not correct?

Xanron
7th February 2010, 2:51 AM
I fully expect to. Thats the gts for you. If you are trading legendaries or highly valued pokemon than thats the risk you take. If you want to get legit pokemon than you trade here. When I eventually trade one of my PCP or other events i'll do it here because if you have something of value why trade it for something of lower value (legit > hacked)? There's no guarantees with the gts.

Besides, can't any hacked pokemon look legit anyway? I guess thats my assumption, that checking the level and location found and that stuff just rules out obvious hacks right? Or is that not correct?

any pokemon on the GTS can be a hack. Someone can hack a pokemon & make it seem legit by having normal IVs, ribbons, movesets etc.
It probably isn't hard to do

Ishrie
7th February 2010, 4:22 AM
I love the GTS! I've been trying to get a specific Ageto Celebi from my bonus disc, and I always throw the spitbacks up there in exchange for Dittos or other fairly easy-to-get-Pokemon. I like to think that I've made some little kid's day. :{D

KGB13
7th February 2010, 11:25 AM
My GTS doesn't work very well in my game so I never use it. Even if it did work I would still rather trade with people on here.

Guitar God in Training
7th February 2010, 7:13 PM
I've been using the GTS a bit over the last few days as it's the only way I can get the trade evolutions and version exclusives. I don't like using it because of the idiots wanting a level 100 Darkrai for a Sheildon or the chance of getting a hack.
I thought the Murkrow I received was a hack because it was hatched in a Faraway Place but it turns out that Pokemon caught in HGSS say that instead of Johto and it's from Tokyo I think so it seems legit.

Edit: Something really messed up with my internet connection and caused me to triple post. It's fixed now so I guess it doesn't matter, it's just lucky there's a delete option on here. :P

Inferno52387
8th February 2010, 2:56 AM
I used to use the GTS quite a bit.

I would just submit bonus disc Jirachis in order to get pokemon I didn't have the patience to try to catch, like Feebass and a good natured Latios.

I get a lot of obvious hacks but I just throw them away. It's not like I lost anything since I can always make more Jirachis with the bonus disc.

nickandhispipe
8th February 2010, 10:56 AM
I used it to pick up a Piplup. I don't think it was hacked, oh well if it is. I traded 1 of my 4 Scythers for it.

hungryguy
8th February 2010, 11:32 AM
What I do is if I need a breedable for it to breed, I'll trade. I can duplicate Lugias or reyquazas in emerald, so its no big deal to trade one away, and get a glameow in return. I got a seemingly legit manaphy off there, level 1, brave natured. i doubt its hacked because its brave natured. My wifi doesnt lik my DS anymore, so I put up a random pokemon for something I want when I go to my friend's house, and when I go back later, I check if I've gotten anything

DaAuraWolf
8th February 2010, 1:07 PM
Yes,I usually get rare pokemon and foreign Pokemon that I can breed for shiny`s with.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
8th February 2010, 2:04 PM
Sometimes when I play my Pearl. I can't do it anymore because MY WI-FI DOESN'T WORK!!! I used to try to get the Pokemon I want. Oh well. I might need to wait for HG SS.

GyaradosTrainer221
9th February 2010, 10:07 PM
I used the GTS a couple times. I got a Cranidos for a reasonable deal (Cranidos for a Machoke) from Osaka, Japan. I also got a reasonable level 9 Onix (my first ever traded Pokemon EVER) for a Level 10 & under female Shinx.

Fumbles16
20th February 2010, 11:45 PM
I use it pretty often actually, I don't have 2 systems and I don't really know anyone to trade with so I use it to get trade inducing evolution pokemon. The only problem I have with the GTS is that people always want a lvl 100 Mewtwo for something small. Be reasonable!! Every now and then you can find a good deal though, I got my shiny Weaville from the GTS by trading a lvl 40+ Glalie.

Fumbles16
20th February 2010, 11:46 PM
I use it pretty often actually, I don't have 2 systems and I don't really know anyone to trade with so I use it to get trade evolution only pokemon. The only problem I have with the GTS is that people always want a lvl 100 Mewtwo for something small. Be reasonable!! Every now and then you can find a good deal though, I got my shiny Weaville from the GTS by trading a lvl 40+ Glalie.

Jirachi Kidd
21st February 2010, 12:15 AM
I use it, thats were i got my Legit Lv. 100 Shiny Deoxys!:D

ThousandMaster
21st February 2010, 12:19 AM
Whenever I have a decent WiFi connection, I'll use the GTS. Sure, there are occasionally hacked Pokemon on there, but there are plenty of legitimate ones as well. For example, out of all the shiny Pokemon I've gotten from the GTS, only two or three are obvious hacks, the others at least look legit.

Besides, there are some measures taken to prevent the trading of hacked Pokemon. My friend uploaded some obvious hacks once, and now none of his Pokemon can be traded any more. I got an apparently-legit Shaymin, though, and now I can't trade it there because the OT must have done something to get her ID banned.

In spite of all the complaints about low-level Pokemon being uploaded and someone asking for an incredibly rare one, here's the thing: more often than not, they still get traded. I know, it's annoying to come upon them all the time, to be certain. But when I send up an Igglybuff (I breed 'em with good egg moves, at least), in anywhere from a day to a few weeks later, I'll have gotten what I've asked for. Of course, I usually ask for something reasonable. There's always someone looking for something, and willing to trade anything to get it.

Dragonite19
21st February 2010, 12:27 AM
I don't use it. Either the people want insane trades for common pokes, or the ones you do trade for are usually hacks.

PostmanPenguin
21st February 2010, 2:02 AM
I rarely used it, but a month ago I got a foreign Ditto off the GTS. Luckily, it's not a hacked one.

bulbasaur14
21st February 2010, 3:57 AM
i got a foreign ditto and boom two eggs later shiny magby then 14 eggs later shiny cyndaquil :D still trying for riolu though

XD Mewtwo
21st February 2010, 4:24 AM
I like the GTS, but I haven't use it the last serveral months. By now there should be lv 50 Rayquazas in stock so I will check it sometime soon. I don't care if I get hacked pokemon, I delete them If I get any.

Lukef555
21st February 2010, 4:29 AM
I dont browse it i just put in my trade wait a couple days and pick up my pokemon, if you go looking for trades you get nowhere because people want insane trades.

LucienKaftan
21st February 2010, 4:34 AM
I used to use the GTS, but stopped when I figured out the pokemon I got from there were hacked and all that junk. I prefer trading pokemon on serebii and then breeding myself for whatever I need. If I need a pokemon just to fil my pokedex, I use my GBA games or trade with someone on serebii wifi chat, then release it or something. Y'know?

Exactly what I was going to say.

rexter101
21st February 2010, 4:41 AM
Well somethimes you can search in legendaries you can find something like a giratina on offer for a stupid thing like a Empoleon I've gotten heaps of cheap legendaries online but it's annoying when your looking for say a starmie and the only ones on offer are for Shaymins and other things like lv 100 Empoleon. But it is useful when you find what your looking for.

Phantom champion Z
21st February 2010, 4:47 AM
yeah i used to use it when i got my pearl cause i was in awe of how i could finaly get those pokes you have to trade to evolve. good times i rmember before hgss i cold get anything for one of my leftover johto starters. oh and the week after platinum was released injapan you could get any thing fo a shaymin

Super Aviator
22nd February 2010, 10:13 PM
I do use the GTS, but it takes a very limited role in my team expansion. A few years ago, my Diamond, Emerald, LeafGreen, and XD combined to grant me access to a huge percentage of the current Pokédex. Nowadays, with Platinum, Emerald, FireRed, and again XD, I enjoy a similar coverage.

The Pokémon I do acquire from the GTS never see the heat of battle. They're either breeded for proper natures/IV's, or they're high-level Pickup species, for easy Leftovers, TM26, Rare Candy, etc. acquisition.

That said, it's always amusing (and yes, facepalm-worthy) to browse through the countless idiot trade requests. A Lv100 Umbreon offered for an Arceus comes to mind...

feraligator2112
22nd February 2010, 11:11 PM
I do use it, but only for compleating my national dex or giving away cyndiquils

JerisEnigma
22nd February 2010, 11:24 PM
I use it because its fun to get foriegn mons.
Its really hard to get something specific if there's a ton of idiots on tho, so I do personal trades for those. But even then, its hard to find people who are on long enough to trade ;P

[BTW I missed to GS event, so I reeeaaallly need a PCPichu... Anyone? Anyone? I have a legit TRU Regigigas and YawnWishTickle Eevees. PM me to trade! ^_^]

poke-pownage
23rd February 2010, 1:43 AM
I use it. I am not afraid to be dissapointed when someone asks for a level 100 lugia. I, in fact am a much needed saint on the GTS. I have given away free munchlaxes. If you have gotten one please thank me.

Sinnohdragon
23rd February 2010, 5:43 PM
Nope, because i can't. No wifi access :/

I'm trying to get an adapter though but i heard they got recalled or something.

benthic
23rd February 2010, 5:57 PM
I do, but I'm stuck behind the GTS "no level" bug, so I'm sort of SOL. Still, it never hurts to sift for shinys sometimes.

binarypirate
24th February 2010, 9:52 PM
I use the GTS whenever I need to evolve a "Trade-only" Pokemon.

I must admit though, it usually takes at least 20 minutes to find a Pokemon to trade for. Everyone wants a mew.

heytheredevon
13th March 2010, 3:56 AM
LOL. I was on GTS looking for a mankey and one of the trade options were for a Darkrai.

randomspot555
13th March 2010, 4:30 AM
LOL. I was on GTS looking for a mankey and one of the trade options were for a Darkrai.

Offer instead of search. Check back again in 24 hours.

Spiritomb will pretty much get you anything on the GTS. Level it up a bit and you'll be able to get ifnal evolutions and legendaries.

I use the GTS all the time, mostly in an attempt to fill spots on the globe. I think the hacks are not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I've only gotten one hacked Pokemon in about the past 3 weeks.

rexter101
13th March 2010, 4:37 AM
yes, and I will for many trades to come.

hitoshura0
Offer instead of search. Check back again in 24 hours.

Spiritomb will pretty much get you anything on the GTS. Level it up a bit and you'll be able to get ifnal evolutions and legendaries.

I use the GTS all the time, mostly in an attempt to fill spots on the globe. I think the hacks are not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I've only gotten one hacked Pokemon in about the past 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure the other stupidly hard to get things work too, like the Feebas line, Munchlax, or any Starters.

rexter101
yes, and I will for many trades to come.

navy1453
13th March 2010, 5:06 AM
i use it but im weary of getting hacked pokemon to be honest

Sy123456789
13th March 2010, 6:48 AM
I just use it to get Mew's hacked or not. Since I am a Mew collector with 3 so far :)
But once my brother got a lv53 Shiny Chimchar caught in a Quick Ball.
Once I got a lv30 Jirachi caught at lv7, I traded it away on the GTS for a Mew :) So I apologise to whoever got the Jirachi, but I really shouldnt since I got a hacked Mew in return :)

Spacialrend
17th March 2010, 2:05 PM
NA! don't have Wi-Fi.... Driving me INSANE because I don't have a Snorlax!
...not to worry now cause I think I cn trade him over via HeartGold

Agonist
17th March 2010, 2:24 PM
I haven't actually used the GTS since last December, unless watching the battle videos counts?

Jasper Kazai
20th March 2010, 12:01 AM
I used the GTS for the first time last week, and it's been pretty fun. Most of the offers are just plain stupid. Goddamn people wanting a Darkrai for a level 10 Remoraid.
I've been having good "business" by breeding and then offering Charmanders, Squirtles, and Bulbasaurs. I get pretty quick responses, since I don't want ridiculous things. I mostly just pick stuff I need to fill out my Pokédex, like swarm Pokémon I haven't come across yet. And it may be something that only I like, but I love collecting these Japanese Pokémon. :)

Since so many people ask for Celebi, I was curious what the response would be if I offered a Celebi (hacked, of course) for something pretty common. Unfortunately, no one took it up - I guess it was too obvious. I won't try it again, I was only curious.

S.Bustathedog
30th March 2010, 4:08 PM
It's ridiculous how many hacked pokemon there are to non hacked. Fortunately the couple of times I have traded on the GTS have been legit.

Vermehlo_Steele
31st March 2010, 9:14 AM
What! And get screwed, yeah OK...

jabs4
31st March 2010, 6:40 PM
UT Embedded Tower Groudon for a Sapphire Kyogre.

I did not want to wait around for my friend to catch up and trade me his Groudon just to unlock Rayquaza.

Sensei
6th April 2010, 1:00 AM
I did use it at first, but then i got a Celebi.. level 55, met at route 214 o_O

Willow's Tara
19th April 2010, 11:18 AM
I did when I had the wifi (There's a chance I might able to use it again too). I just liked getting different Pokemon and shinies, even if they are hacked (I try not to use them)

foxyman1167
23rd April 2010, 12:33 AM
I use it when I try to finish a PokeDex without trading with my other Platinum/SS.

Punk Lion
23rd April 2010, 12:56 AM
I use it quite a bit to shore up by 'caught' numbers. I have pretty good luck with it too, probably because I don't try to get legends from it. 'S far as I can tell, none of the trades I've gotten so far have been hacks.

Scarlet
23rd April 2010, 1:11 AM
I plan to use it to get some quick Pokemon, like version exclusives.

Onyx Umeki
27th April 2010, 10:30 AM
I use it! :]

I got a modest houndour and chikorita with it x]

dragor31
10th May 2010, 10:38 AM
I traded the 10TH ANIV Celebi I can clone on Emerald for a random Celebi, It turned out to be hacked, so I kept trading the hacked ones I got till I finally got one that looked legit. Turns out it is legit, or close enough. But now I am just putting my Celebis up for Celebi, Jirachi or Shaymin. I have gotten quite a few legit ones for them.

bobri28
11th May 2010, 1:19 PM
yeah, i use the GTS all the time to collect legends. Mime Jr for a starter, starter for a high level milotic, milotic for a legindary. it works really well but the mime jr phase seems to be over now. need to find a new ppoke to replace it with

Deicario
11th May 2010, 1:23 PM
I used to do it to get good deals or for another reason but haven't used it at all in SS and in more than 6 months in Diamond.

Pikasaur
11th May 2010, 5:27 PM
ive used it a few times. once to get a skarmory in pearl because i couldnt catch the wild ones and a few other times to just get pokemon for my team like Glameow or munchlax

Also got a Cherubi from a player named Serebii once :D

Khoury
11th May 2010, 8:24 PM
i've perused the choices often... but i've never actually put a Pokemon up for trade or traded one myself. usually due to the lack of having the certain Pokemon they want for theirs, but also because there ARE a lot of hacks and i don't want to ruin my own file.

Virtual Headache
13th May 2010, 3:33 PM
I use it, but not for legendaries. I hope the people there are decent enough not hack any non-legendary Pok&#233;mon (I mostly trade for version exclusives or missing starters), but you never know :/
I think it's fun to receive Pok&#233;mon from random people from all over the world, but, like already said, the offers are mostly ridiculous. And I don't even look for special Pok&#233;mon...
Though somebody mentioned to search for each gender or multiple level ranges for a certain Pok&#233;mon separately to get more results. I didn't think of doing that before so I guess I'll try it out^^

Larris
13th May 2010, 3:53 PM
In the beginning I used GTS a lot. It helped me get the version exclusives.
I quickly noticed that it's easier to put up a pok&#233;mon for trade yourself than to search for the one you want. And it is kind of exciting when the little clock is spinning and you're wondering if a trade has been made. :)

Hydrogen Economy
13th May 2010, 4:25 PM
I use the GTS a lot to get my hands on various Pokemon for Pokedex and breeding purposes.

23caterpie
19th May 2010, 2:31 AM
I got a legit shiny Ditto and Weadle off there just two days ago like 5 minutes within each other.

Iron-Man1
19th May 2010, 3:17 AM
i got 5 hacked suicunes in the same day

WaluigiP
19th May 2010, 3:40 AM
It's impossible to trade with anyone though because of extremely inconvenient trading conditions, like trading a Deoxys for a Lv. 80 and above male Growlithe.

It also makes getting the Over the Sea or whatever it's called Pokewalker route difficult because everyone's asking for Lv. 100 legendaries in exchange for a Pidgey they caught on the first route in the game.

steelix48
1st June 2010, 4:12 PM
I really like the GTS, but i will admit there are too many hacks on there.
For example, a few days ago i received a shiny ninetales holding a masterball, but it had a ? in its ID no. and was caught at level 100.
Also in the same day, someone traded me cynthia's milotic.

When I do get an obvious hack though, I just offer it back up for something pretty common.

But sometimes it can be very useful, even if just for more ID numbers, for winning the lottery.
I think its best for the version exclusives, where i can just breed it if I need another one.

Currently though, I use it for getting different natured ditto's.

reloader
1st June 2010, 6:34 PM
I use it for pretty much everything except Legendary Pokemon.

It doesn't matter to me if the Pokemon I trade for is hacked, simply because I am not going to be using it. When I trade for a Pokemon, I only want something so I can start the breeding process.

If its eggs are legit, and its eggs are the only Pokemon I use, I do not see a problem with it.

crimsonsapphire92
11th June 2010, 6:17 PM
I use the GTS but never to try and get a legendary, most of them are hacked. I just make reasonable requests and I usually get what I want.

deoxysdude94
25th June 2010, 2:09 AM
I use it to get pokemon on my pokedex, and to put starter pokemon up for them.

Kyukon_Mars
27th June 2010, 8:33 AM
I do use the GTS mainly for getting Japanese Pokemon so I can try to breed a shiny using the Masuda Method. I have gotten some good deals on there but also some hacked ones. You have to look a bit to find a decent offer.

Serebii!
27th June 2010, 8:57 AM
I cant use the gts I would like to so I could get pokemon overseas
how do you use the gts?

Pucca_ness
1st July 2010, 3:46 PM
I use it for fiding things i do not have and for finding shinies. Especially shiny legendaries. I know the majority of them will be hacks so they would get offered back out... if i had them. I have found a Manaphy on there that is currently not on my game becasue we just wanted it in our pokedex's ad we knew it was hacked straight away.

I have an amazing Froslass from GTS for beauty competitions... but she is an obvious hack. I don't know whether to use her atall it would be like cheating even though i did not cheat for her.

My fiance got a shiny ninetails and it is a hack but he still loves it =P

The best hack we have found is my fiance's Honchkrow which i think is Cyrus' one when you fight him in the distortion world. The location met is the distortion world and the level matches that of Cyrus' one he uses. It's obviously fake but we think it a pretty cool one, quite inventive =P

On to good things.

I recieved a shiny Eevee and Clefairy and there is nothing odd about either of them. The Eevee is now an Umbreon and is part of a balanced shiny team.

The best thing i have ever recieved on there and i found on tueday is a shiny Latias. She looks so completally legit it's hard to imagine why someone would trade her away... especially for a female Altaria with no level limit. I know she could still be a hack or clone but honestly there is nothing out of the ordinary about her. The only way i can be 100&#37; sure is if i take her to an event and get an offical to scan her.

I wish there were more Clamperl's holding Deepseatooths It's easy enough to find Deepseascales in game but I need a Huntail!

chihuahuaowner
8th August 2010, 3:49 AM
I use it to get foreign pokes, or a few starters. Or exclusives that I can't get on my game.

Zenotwapal
8th August 2010, 5:07 PM
I find that japanese pokes are rarely hacked, so if i get a japanese pokemon, i usually keep it.
I use it to get random pokes, i do use it sometimes to get pokes to EV train, epending on the IVs and nature and legitamency...

Aquarelle
10th August 2010, 10:42 AM
I don't personally use the GTS because I don't have wifi.

Also, I don't really need to use it as I can already get all the non-event Pokemon from my games.

Plus, I don't want to get a hack. :p

DarthVader
10th August 2010, 12:42 PM
I used the GTS for Pokedex completion, as well as utilising the GTS-evolution glitch.

It's really good for getting the other starters, as well as Gengar/Alakazam/Golem/Machamp if you don't have another console to trade with, and for the evolution glitch.

I definately wouldn't offer a legendary or something irreplaceable though.

foxyman1167
14th August 2010, 6:04 PM
I used the GTS to look for legit events, but there are none.

Kojinka
24th August 2010, 7:32 AM
I only use it for version exclusives, starters, and the evolution trick. If you're lucky enough or look hard enough, you can find a reasonable offer. But most of the time I Just set up a fair offer of my own, and I usually get a response within a day or so.

Soul_Of_Kotone
24th August 2010, 7:56 AM
I'll browse it randomly, and if I happen upon a random offer that I can fill without much loss on my side, I'll happily do it. I dunno, there's just something that's fun about trading on the GTS, although admittedly, Nintendo's system could be better.

I loves me some GTS anyways. <3

smartie
24th August 2010, 12:13 PM
I can't use wi-fi, because I can't combine my ds's wi-fi and my laptop's wi-fi or something like that.. I'd love to use it to get version exclusives and rare pokemons from safari zone or something. And it's usefull for just getting alot of id's.

Mike_kun
28th December 2010, 12:56 PM
yeah there are bunch of idiots on trade
but i use it sometimes

Ditto123
28th December 2010, 2:40 PM
has no wifi

Yanakki-
28th December 2010, 3:16 PM
I never use it, I just trade.

Nutter t.KK
28th December 2010, 3:22 PM
yeah there are bunch of idiots on trade
but i use it sometimes

You mean like Loser wanting Lv 9 Mew for his Lv 100 Garachomp?

I took a photo of it here:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5049/5300226230_76cfe4c01e_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41451802@N00/5300226230/)
GTS 01 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41451802@N00/5300226230/) by windytwit (http://www.flickr.com/people/41451802@N00/), on Flickr

has no wifi

That's disapointing..

Anyway, Mike Kun you posted in a thread that hadn't been posted in several months. The Rules Say that You souldn't post in threads since over a month the last post, unless it's a special case, which this is not.

I would normally give you Infraction for doing this.. But I'll let it pass.