PDA

View Full Version : Hey Poke fanactics...

BellGoRiiing
4th February 2010, 11:29 PM
I haven't played these games since Gold/Silver, and decided to nab Platinum last year and got back into the game. I visit GameFAQs a lot since I play a lot of, well, games, lol. It seems the Pokemon part of FAQs's board never shuts up about this site so I figured I'll look around. I usually just play the game online (which is rare) just for fun and never knew about the competitive part of it, thought I would try that out for the heck of it...because...well, I'm bored.

Dunno what else to say here right now, um...so uh, any questions? XD

PS: ...Is the forums usually this slow, it randomly takes forever to go from one page to another...

Noctourniquet
4th February 2010, 11:39 PM
Hey, welcome! Read the rules and have fun.

I'm afraid the speed problem occurs for everyone. There is an issue in Serebii's database that causes Lag when it is searched by a Mod, IIRC. But Serebii's warm community makes up for it.

BellGoRiiing
4th February 2010, 11:41 PM
Oh, are they working on the problem? Oh yeah, was wondering on how to put a custom avi up, it won't let me do that in the settings.

Noctourniquet
4th February 2010, 11:43 PM
They are working on it, but with such a massive community, the problem will be extremely difficult to find.

This forum does not allow custom avatars.

BellGoRiiing
4th February 2010, 11:46 PM
that sucks, wanted to have an Eureka avi up or something, lol. Ah well...*hunts for a Mawile avi*

Last question for now, I've found an IV calculator but not an EV one. Not sure how to tell what my Pokemon have and all that...figured it would be important if I'm going to try competitive...

Noctourniquet
4th February 2010, 11:48 PM
The IV Calculator will only work when you know your EVs. Serebii has no EV calculator, in fact, I don't think there is one that works without you knowing your IVs already. Just remove the Pokémon's EVs, then use the calculator.

BellGoRiiing
5th February 2010, 12:04 AM
Really?...Thought there was something to tell EVs...well whatever, I don't know how the EVs work to begin with. Well I'm gonna go look around this site for a bit, I'll be around if you guys want to ask me anything. (or if I have something to ask)

BellGoRiiing
5th February 2010, 1:18 AM
EDIT: Found a better place for this...