PDA

View Full Version : New Pokémon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Shining Mew
7th February 2010, 1:35 AM
In this thread you may discuss the new Pokemon revealed for the new games.

****THIS IS NOT AN IDEAS THREAD OR "I HOPE THEY HAVE THIS KIND OF POKEMON" THREAD****

Discuss and speculate on confirmed Pokemon ONLY.

Revealed Pokemon:

Pokemon "Z" is Zoroark, a Dark type Pokemon. Zoroark evolves from Zorua

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/big-big.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/big2.jpg

Godric
7th February 2010, 1:36 AM
Introducing "Z"

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/Jlanx/untitled.png

I got you covered Shining Mew :)

Shining Mew
7th February 2010, 1:40 AM
Thank you very much! :)

Nintenfreak
7th February 2010, 1:46 AM
[Also, no violating the Sdfghjklsdfgjkldfghjkl Rule]

This guy looks interesting. I'm reminded of Lucario, and some kind of anime guy with really long bushy hair for no reason. I wonder if this will be another evolved Pokemon that isn't legendary, too?

Tyranitar trainer
7th February 2010, 1:53 AM
From the look of it I think it typing would be either
Dark/Ice- Arctic Wolf Pokemon
Dark/Fire- Demon Pokemon
Dark/Fighting- Werewolf Pokemon
Dark/Ground- Wolf Pokemon

Crystal Sableye
7th February 2010, 2:00 AM
It looks like a Wendigo IMO. Maybe an evolution of Mightyena?

Mr. Joker
7th February 2010, 2:01 AM
I am thinking it is a Dark pokemon, maybe a werewolf pokemon.

noobers
7th February 2010, 2:01 AM
It's a tie-in with The Wolfman, in theatres soon. :p

I wouldn't like it if the first 5th gen Pokemon was a pre-evolution/evolution, but it happened with the fourth gen (Munchlax).

Empoleon Bonaparte
7th February 2010, 2:02 AM
skjgsdkjgsdkjs

It might be something like a messed up Shaymin forme. The spines, the face...

MetaPheonixPal
7th February 2010, 2:03 AM
Demon
Arceus = "God" Pokemon
New 5th Gen Pokemon = Demon/Devil Pokemon?

Nah I'm just kidding but it does look Lucarioish like lots of people say.

V Faction
7th February 2010, 2:04 AM
My advice is to settle down and wait for more information everyone.

Or. Y'know. Don't.

LucarioMan101
i think its psychic typed to be honest

Mr. Joker
Arceus = "God" Pokemon

You know, there may be some truth to that. Maybe it is Chaos itself.

pokefantravis
7th February 2010, 2:05 AM
Judging by it's appearance, I think that it would be either Grass/Bug or Poison/Bug, because I find it looks slightly insect like IMO.

Electric
I think it's a Dark/Ghost type because the name of the movie is Phantom Champion Z and the "Phantom" part of it probably refers to a dark natured Pokemon which is commonly associated with Dark and Ghost Pokemon in society. Ghosts are basically phantoms.

halloweenghost
Z kinda looks like a lucario evolution,..but i don't wanna judge too soon :P

koolhk
I'm thinking it will be the "Lucario Esque" Pokemon of Generation Five, meaning it's powerful but I don't think it's Legendary.

I think it's types will be:
1.Psychic/Fighting,
2.Dark/Fighting,
3.Normal/Fighting.

It somewhat looks like a Fighting type but at the same time it dosen't really look like a Ghost Type?

Godric
7th February 2010, 2:06 AM
Arceus = "God" Pokemon

Parents will ban Pokemon in the US if that were the case, so let's hope it's not a Devil pokemon.

Cerex
I'm inclined to go with the a werewolf like Pokemon too. Which would imply it being a Dark type. A dark fighting type would awesome typing to have too.

I get the Lucario impression too.

This should be an interesting new installment since it is breaking from so many of the conventional ways of doing things, such timing and console.

I wonder what this will mean for console games like Battle Revolution. Hopefully they will get on top of things and make a better 3D one.

Cackles
It could be an alternate evolution for Riolu. Since Riolu evolves into Lucario during the day, but it would evolve into this thing at night?

noobers

Why do that, when we can fill our hearts and/or postcount with go-nowhere speculation?

Or. Y'know. Don't.

Now that's the Serebii spirit.

PokemonQueen
7th February 2010, 2:07 AM
If you all look at the picture closely Z's hand looks like Latios and Latias hand.

Nidoprince
7th February 2010, 2:07 AM
Looks to me like a Carnivine evo. Don't know why, it just does. I don't think it'll be a Legendary though, because the Legendary movies don't appear til when it actually happens.

SHINY CATCHER
7th February 2010, 2:08 AM
It looks like a dark type maybe number 666(or 616)

Mr. Joker
Z kinda looks like a lucario evolution,..but i don't wanna judge too soon :P

Oh god don't say that.

Do we know anything about it's range of size?

Typhlosion Trainer
I think this new pokemon is probably a dark or dark/fighting type.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:09 AM
I think it looks like a worgen lol. I think it will be a Heatran evo.

Lbsweet96
7th February 2010, 2:09 AM
Evolution of Lucario?

That's exactly what I saw. Ugh, I hope not -_- Fourth gen pokes, especially Lucario, shouldn't be getting evolutions. I mean DPPt Rowan studied evolution, so you'd figure he'd know everything about the pokemon of his region.

MetaPheonixPal
7th February 2010, 2:10 AM
Parents will ban Pokemon in the US if that were the case, so let's hope it's not a Devil pokemon.

well not exactly that, I meant like a Chaos Pokemon like Mr. Joker said. Something opposite of Arceus

Cerex
It could be an alternate evolution for Riolu. Since Riolu evolves into Lucario during the day, but it would evolve into this thing at night?
Except the Riolu family has already starred in a movie with Lucario. Having its alternative form also be the star in a movie would seem a bit over done for one kind of pokemon, and not even a Legendary one.

zapper22001
It looks like a Sandslash evo to me.

LucarioMan101
maybe it is a counterpart to celebi?

Steelia
Hmm.
Doesn't appear "demonic" enough in stature to be a rival of Arceus... but... never judge a book by its cover, especially when it's a silhouette!

I get some good Legendary vibes from this Z, something Lucario really never gave off to begin with. I hope that's what he is, and if so, I hope he ends up being a proper mascot. I'd rather not see the fanbase any more divided than it is thanks to that auraholic dog......
But if he's not a legend, I'll lose whatever faith I have in GAME FREAK for their choices in mascots.

In any case... I expect this Generation as a whole to be the "original" Generation.
Gen 1 was all original (surprise, surprise); Gen 2 consisted mainly of evos; Gen 3 was almost entirely original; Gen 4 consisted somewhat mainly of evos. Gen 5? Originals. Hopefully. A few ties to the 1st and 2nd Gens wouldn't hurt, either.

glowing_light010
A Ninetales/Mightyena evo possibly?

It looks Psychic-ish to me.
So if it's a Ninetales evo = Fire/Psychic
However, if it's Mightyena, they could introduce a new type combo = Dark/Psychic.

Its still kinda early to tell, though. So I say we wait until we jump to conclusions.

Java-wolf
It reminds me of shiftry a bit. Hm, can't wait for sunday/corocoro

arceus7
im thinking a pure dark type/dark fighting/dark ghost/dark water type pokemon that is an evoloution of absol, branch of riolu(evolving at night),or mighteyena evo

From the look of it I think it typing would be either
Dark/Ice- Arctic Wolf Pokemon
Dark/Fire- Demon Pokemon
Dark/Fighting- Werewolf Pokemon
Dark/Ground- Wolf Pokemon

someone also said it could be a nine tails evoloution with a psychic/fire typing (kitsunes have illusion powers)

noobers
I don't understand. Why is everyone so against the idea of this being a Lucario evolution?

Olympichero191
7th February 2010, 2:11 AM

Or. Y'know. Don't.

Yeah, you know that's not going to happen. Until CoroCoro comes out or on Feb. 21st everyone is going to be saying the same thing, "It's a Lucario evo!" And but in between every 75 of those posts, there'll be one or two actually thought out posts.

I'm just waiting for it to be revealed so we can start the "it's a Legendary pokemon" conversations and then have it turn into the Riolu/Lucario conversation that had people saying it's baby stage made it the first Legendary to evolve. That's always fun to sit through, right?

Let's face it though. It's not going to be a Legendary. It's probably going to have a pre-evolved form or two considering the fact that from the silhouette it looks like a 2nd stage Pokemon (especially for a regular Pokemon).

Witch of 'Cos
Whatever it is, it looks quite cool.

pokemonmasterhustler
I keep seeing it as a possible evoloution for lucario. Possible sage styled? It looks like a fighting type though, it's just the stance.

Erik Destler
Arceus = "God" Pokemon

They wouldn't reveal an antithesis to Arceus / bigtime event right off.

It reminds me of Lucario and Smeargle to say the least. ):

But I'd say more the former rather than the latter. :)

Viral
Looks to me like a Carnivine evo.

...Carnivine evolution? that thing? wut?

It's probably some re-packaged Lucario..

~Spacial_Rendation~
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a duck/platypus?

Bay
Hm, like Eevee with Umbreon and Espeon? You know, I'm actually incline to think that. That would be pretty cool, actually.

I also kind of have a theory. Since this Pokemon is "Z," I'm pretty sure the Pokedex will put what abilities that Pokemon has in the anime (assuming its ability is shiftshaping like Ditto, but more on an extreme level).

Mr. Joker
I highly doubt it has anything to do with Lucario. I think that the Lucario family has had enough. Time to move on from generation 4 and onto generation 5.

Dawn_Hero
7th February 2010, 2:12 AM
You can kind of see color on it from the pic on the site, but idk. What I see of it, I'm not sure if I like... D: It just doesn't look like a pokemon to me so far. Oh well. Watch, I'll probably end up loving it when we find out more. xD

Bulldogs
It looks super evil. Maybe it's satanic?

EvTrainer34
it could be Fire alone, or Fire/Fighting. thts my guess

AceRay87
Has a few similarities to Sandslash. It's probably and hopefully something completely new though.

pikachu500
It's probably based on a skin-walker and all that hair could be like how Indians wear all those feathers.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DMSMf6AvdRo/RraTGHTW5aI/AAAAAAAADwA/WToiuDXZPXo/s320/wolf+and+indian.gif

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2007/08/skinwalker_boxoff.jpg

ForeverFlame
7th February 2010, 2:13 AM
Merukimon, anyone?

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/Jlanx/untitled.pnghttp://dma.wtw-x.net/DMA/DigimonStands/Toei/Mercurimon.gif

I'm pretty sure its overall design will look similar to Merukimon's, which is pretty awesome in my opinion.

And I doubt it'll be Legendary. Blaziken and Lucario are still heavily imprinted in my brain...

Vinn Croix

I'm willing to put money against that. Think about it. Kids not old enough for 6th grade play Call of Duty and Gears of War. If they think its ok for their kids to play against and with people who are profane and in games that are violent and bloody, I don't think a devil pokemon will make much of a difference. Except for those who are quite religious.

pokemonmasterhustler
Now that i look at the head it appears to look a bit like shaymin, possible new Shaymin form anyone?

realarcastform
When I looked at that silhouette I thought it being either a Grass, Dark, or a Psychic type.
So I'm glad we can FINALLY do a speculation on the 5th gen.

JohnDoe
7th February 2010, 2:14 AM
I reckon it will be one of these types (or maybe a combination); Dark, Ghost, Psychic and Fighting.

I would like it to be a Lucario like Pokemon - meaning that it has a pre-evolution or two (so it is a second or third stage pokemon) and it is not a legendary. Because I don't like to carry legendaries with me.

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:14 AM
If it were to be part of the Lucario family, I imagine it would work kinda like Gardeviour/Gallade.

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:15 AM
I think it's given that it's a Fighting pokemon though idk about a Lucario evo.

kabzy
7th February 2010, 2:15 AM
looks grassish to me, kinda like shiftry. I hope lol

V Faction
7th February 2010, 2:18 AM
Why do that, when we can fill our hearts and/or postcount with go-nowhere speculation?

Now that's the Serebii spirit.

I know. I'm contractually obligated to say that as a disclaimer in every thread. It's a union thing.

I'm just waiting for it to be revealed so we can start the "it's a Legendary pokemon" conversations and then have it turn into the Riolu/Lucario conversation that had people saying it's baby stage made it the first Legendary to evolve. That's always fun to sit through, right?
There's a certain charm in it.

Also, that's totally a Kecleon evoluton guys.

pikachu500
It's probably based on a skin-walker and all that hair could be like how Indians wear all those feathers.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DMSMf6AvdRo/RraTGHTW5aI/AAAAAAAADwA/WToiuDXZPXo/s320/wolf+and+indian.gif

Samochan
I'm calling for ninetales evo because...

a) The title of the movie is Phantom Ruler Z/Ruler of Illusions Z. Kitsune are known of their illusions.
b) The hair seems like fox tail to me, as is the snout.
c) Kitsune is translated as fox spirit (and ninetales knows ghost and psychic type moves keke)
d) One of the 2 common classification of kitsune is zenko (means good fox). Lol starts with z
e) Another of kitsune's abilities is to shapeshift, most notably into humans (dark ash lol)
f) Lucario has already starred 1 movie and this 2gen promotional movie should promote 2nd gen and 1st gen kinda.
h) We've yet to have a normal poke becoming a legendary while evolving and fire/psychic type.
i) "Ninetales, like Vulpix, are based on foxes. However, in Japan there are certain legends concerning foxes, or kitsune, as they are known there. One such legend which relates to Ninetales the most is how many-tailed foxes can breathe fire, create illusions, and have extremely long lifespans. After living a long time, these creatures take on spirit forms, which may be the reason why these two related Pokémon can learn Ghost-type moves.

In particular, Ninetales is based on the 九尾の狐, the nine-tailed fox, which is a fox of advanced age whose fur has turned silver-gold. It is said to have the power of infinite vision. "
j)"They are also very vengeful Pokémon and have been known to curse those who mistreat them. Ninetales are highly intelligent Pokémon that understand human speech. Many legends surround this Pokémon, one of which stating that Ninetales was born when 9 saints were united and reincarnated as this Pokémon.
Behavior

This Pokémon's extreme intelligence lends to what most consider Psychic-type characteristics, though Ninetales has never officially been described as anything other than a Fire-type. It also seems to hold grudges very easily and will curse humans and Pokémon alike if they touch one of its tails. "
k) Foxes have been long worshipped as kami, god. Would make a good legend imo.

Nintenfreak
7th February 2010, 2:19 AM

Who gives a care what over reactive parents think? Especially the Japanese, who are about as xenophobic as you can get away with.

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:19 AM
If it were to be part of the Lucario family, I imagine it would work kinda like Gardeviour/Gallade.

BCVM22
7th February 2010, 2:20 AM
I don't think a devil pokemon will make much of a difference. Except for those who are quite religious.

What is it about anything that Pokémon has ever shown, done, said or otherwise put out there that leads you to believe that a "devil" Pokémon or some other literal embodiment of evil is any sort of realistic possibility?

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:20 AM
I like the idea of a lucario evolution

Dark-Oracle
7th February 2010, 2:21 AM
Good to finaly see a 5th Gen Pokémon.

I, Like a lot of people, think it looks like a Lucario evolution or a Werewolf and To me it looks like it could be a fighting type.

I can't wait to see the full image! Hopefully it will be released in this months Coro Coro and we don't neeed to wait 2 weeks to see it on Pokémon Sunday but I guess we'll see it eventually.

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:22 AM

Bay
7th February 2010, 2:23 AM
Yeah, you know that's not going to happen. Until CoroCoro comes out or on Feb. 21st everyone is going to be saying the same thing, "It's a Lucario evo!" And but in between every 75 of those posts, there'll be one or two actually thought out posts.

Let's face it though. It's not going to be a Legendary. It's probably going to have a pre-evolved form or two considering the fact that from the silhouette it looks like a 2nd stage Pokemon (especially for a regular Pokemon).
Hm, how about just a one stage Pokemon? We're not getting much of those lately. D:

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:23 AM
The hair on the back of the pokemon creeps me out. Might be a dark type on second thoughts.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:24 AM
I think fighting is the most likely type judging that fighting types are always standing upright like that.

Mr. Joker
7th February 2010, 2:25 AM
I don't think it will be a Devil pokemon, just a rival to Arceus. That doesn't mean it has to be the devil.

arceus7
7th February 2010, 2:25 AM
im waiting for the darkaholics to arise to side with the auraholics

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:26 AM
Yea, the legs seem to translate into strength or something. Though claws make me think Sandslash evo might work like Rhyperior or something.

Torpoleon
7th February 2010, 2:27 AM
This Pokemon codenamed "Z" seems awesome. Maybe I will have it on my team. I think that it could be a Lucario Evolution or something because it looks like Lucario. I also think that this new Pokemon can shape shift into humans since there is that Ash clone in Movie 13 who is Phantom Champion Z which this new Pokemon is. I'll be sure to remember this Pokemon as the "1st Official Generation V Pokemon".

TheLupineOne
A 5G thought in general was that it would be the end of Pokémon, rounding off at a nice 600. (Not Z). #600 would be the Omega Pokémon, as Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon.

MetaPheonixPal
I don't think it will be a Devil pokemon, just a rival to Arceus. That doesn't mean it has to be the devil.

This is basically what I mean. Some kind of opposite of Arceus because he deserves a special friend.

Coach

This, definitely. It makes perfect sense. Sure it maybe a little repetitive to star a Lucario Pokemon in a movie twice but the anime isn't exactly known for its originality. This Pokemon is very werewolf like, bipedal, beastlike. And to me Auras & Illusions seem like they could be connected. They seem very similar.

But whatever it is I have a strong feeling that this will become one of my favorite Pokemon ever, if not my #1 fav.

Witch of 'Cos
I do not think it will be a Sandslash evo. If movie is going to heavily involve it, stand-alone pokemon is most likely.

Wulava
I still think this is not a pre-evo or evo of existing Pokémon.

Well, on a different note, I just hope that they give us more Dragon and Fire types.

ForeverFlame
7th February 2010, 2:29 AM
To me it looks like an anorexic fox, so I'm going with the kitsune theory. I doubt it's a Ninetales evolution, however. Vulpix split-evo? We'll see. But I personally believe that it's the fifth generation Lucario.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:30 AM
Standalone does seem way more likely

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:31 AM
It doesn't look Dragon-like to me.

talala
7th February 2010, 2:31 AM
theres 5 possibilities here...

1. mighyena evo
2. lucario evo
3. ninetales evo
4. legendary
5. 5th gen pokemon equal to lucarios status

Typhlosion Trainer
7th February 2010, 2:32 AM
I dont think this pokemon has anything to do with Lucario but if it does it is probably a split evo for Riolu because I cant see Lucario evolving.

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:33 AM
5. 5th gen pokemon equal to lucarios status

I think that this is most likely.

deathseer
7th February 2010, 2:33 AM
Sort of looks like a Werehog to me. I'm guessing its obviously a Dark type, but I don't see it having a secondary one.

Anyways, high fives all around for our first Gen V Pokemon.

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:34 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Bulldogs and Gingbino on this. Probably a stand alone pokemon(legendary) due to the fact that it was the first pokemon shown for Gen 5.

Godric
7th February 2010, 2:34 AM
I'm willing to put money against that. Think about it. Kids not old enough for 6th grade play Call of Duty and Gears of War. If they think its ok for their kids to play against and with people who are profane and in games that are violent and bloody, I don't think a devil pokemon will make much of a difference. Except for those who are quite religious.

Did you forget that Call of Duty and Gears of War are rated M for Mature? Pokemon is rated E. Having a "Devil" Pokemon is bound to get some overly religious parent riled up.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:37 AM
No one pays attention to ratings. Also, Mightyena sounds like one of the few possibilities if it happens to be an evo

V Faction
7th February 2010, 2:37 AM
Sort of looks like a Werehog to me. I'm guessing its obviously a Dark type, but I don't see it having a secondary one.

Anyways, high fives all around for our first Gen V Pokemon.

Don't you mean a High Touch you crazy bum.

Cobalt_Latios
7th February 2010, 2:38 AM

This would be awesome!

Yea, the legs seem to translate into strength or something. Though claws make me think Sandslash evo might work like Rhyperior or something.
Once again, I think I like this idea.

Basically, I'll be going with any "other" ideas until the 21st.

So far:

- reptilian
- mythological base
- Sandslash evo.

C_L

SnorlaxInSlacks
Pretty lame looking, if you ask me... :P

EvTrainer34
it could be the evo of Ninetales...

pokemonmasterhustler
either it's a standalone or evo of a pre-existing poke or a new one...

W.T.
Reminds me of Lucario, too, but I've also reckoned it might be an evolution of Sableye.

Witch of 'Cos
Did you forget that Call of Duty and Gears of War are rated M for Mature? Pokemon is rated E. Having a "Devil" Pokemon is bound to get some overly religious parent riled up.

Well then those parents shouldn't play the games.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
It could probably be either one of these pokes evolutions;
Lucario
Zangoose
Arcanine

Or it could be a completely brand new Pokemon. Do we have a Dark/Fighting type yet? Or perhaps Dark/Steel?

Hang on a moment. I"m seeing something here along the silhouette.

Squirtleismyhomeboy
7th February 2010, 2:39 AM
Arceus = "God" Pokemon

you might be on to somethin here, i mean theres alot of speculation tht pokemon is inter-twining with religion and things like tht

i think its an evo of mightyena

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:39 AM
Lucario seems like one of the elast likely to me. Let's hope it's a carnivine evo if an evo at all.

Crystal Sableye
7th February 2010, 2:40 AM
I'm glad that, being the first pokemon introduced, it's not a cute/petite pokemon. I feel this pokemon may become one of my favorites.

I'm still going with the Wendigo/Mightyena Evo ideas though.

SmoG878
it looks like a new eeveelution to me. It has a fluffy tail-thing. But then again, it has an arm which looks like latios. and it has a head like floatzel...oh lawd...they better not be fusing pokemon in 5th gen...

Mendicant Bias
It looks kinda like a horrible hybrid of Mighteyena and Latios. I'm gonna go with a Mighteyea evolution.

Witch of 'Cos
An evolution of Carnivine would be cool.

He is one of my favs.

Wolverine
7th February 2010, 2:41 AM
I don't know about this thing. It's so top-heavy, you wonder why it doesn't fall over.

Anyway, being "Z" I doubt it's the evo of anything. I'm hoping they go 3rd Gen on us, with a fresh new batch of Pokemon and few evos, pre-evos, etc. 4th Gen had more than enough.

arceus7
well we lost the slots because of a german woman whos son got addicted to gambling by playing pokemon in the game corner, who knows what havoc they could cause?

TheLupineOne
It could probably be either one of these pokes evolutions;
Lucario
Zangoose
Arcanine

Or it could be a completely brand new Pokemon. Do we have a Dark/Fighting type yet? Or perhaps Dark/Steel?

Hang on a moment. I"m seeing something here along the silhouette.

Zangoose Evo? Oh yes, yes please.

V Faction
7th February 2010, 2:42 AM
Nothing says it has to be an evolution related to ANY older Pokemon fellas. Don't be quick to jump on that bandwagon!

it looks like a new eeveelution to me. It has a fluffy tail-thing. But then again, it has an arm which looks like latios. and it has a head like floatzel...oh lawd...they better not be fusing pokemon in 5th gen...

I hope you brought enough crack for the rest of the class.

bobandbill
Did you forget that Call of Duty and Gears of War are rated M for Mature? Pokemon is rated E. Having a "Devil" Pokemon is bound to get some overly religious parent riled up. And we all know the trouble complainers can give, like with Pokemon. Heck it's censored enough already with hgss slots. >_>

But then again Arceus didn't get much attention at all...

Anyways personally I'm inclined to think this new Pokemon is a new Pokemon. I can see the similarities to Lucario but I'm iffy on whether it'd be related to it or not. Either way I also doubt it's a devil Pokemon, personally. XD

We'll find out in two weeks for sure, but probably a week (or less if it leaks) in Coro Coro magazine, whee. Maybe then we'd get more info about this new game as well, and whether it is a 5th gen game or not? Whee, waiting.

Bulldogs
Top heavy eh? Maybe a Jynx evo

~Spacial_Rendation~
I think it looks like a duck.

Blueysicle
My first thought when I saw it was also Lucario, but that doesn't mean they're related. I'm willing to guess that it's a standalone or legendary Pokemon since it has a major role in the movie. But then again, so did Lucario and it's an evolved Pokemon. There's too little information to make any real solid guesses at this point. Although looking at it, I'm getting a very Fighting-type vibe from it.

Squirtleismyhomeboy
Sandslash evo is another good one imo, tht would be sweet

Dark-Oracle
either it's a standalone or evo of a pre-existing poke or a new one...

Well it can't be anything else.

I think it's a stand alone Pokémon.

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 2:44 AM
i don't see it being a Mighteyena evolution....

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:44 AM
The chances that a movie will heavily feature the evo of an already used pokemon are low.

Steelia
7th February 2010, 2:45 AM
I don't think anyone's brought this up yet on Z, but what do you all think Z's colors will be?

For some reason, I could easily see it being a blend of dull blue and a light silver/grey... specifically the "mane". With perhaps some black and white added in for marking-decor.
If not, something totally out of the blue, like a fire-red and yellow.

supersarepi
So.. these are the possibilities:

1.Lucario evo
2.Riolu split evo
3.Sandslash evo
4.Ninetales evo
5.Unrelated 5th gen non-legendary
6.5th gen non-legendary
7.Mightyena evo

Have I forgotten any? Im going with 4.

Plat. Frontier
I think it's one of the typings out of this:

If not a new type:
Ground/Ice
Fire/Ice
Ice/Fighting
Fire/Fighting
Fighting
Dark
Dark/Fire
Dark/Fighting
Ghost/Fighting
Normal/Dark

If a new type appears:

Shadow/Fire
Shadow/Ice
Shadow/Fighting
Shadow/Dark

EDIT: The color thing is VERY clever... possibly Dark Red, Red, or Brown.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 2:46 AM
I agree with ging here. just doesn't seem likely

pokemonmasterhustler
I can't wait until corocoro for some straight facts. But seriously that stance must show it's a fighting type and some what close to lucario's pose so they must be connected.

Darato
I get the feeling of it having a baby pre evolution.

I mean kind of gives off the same vibe as Lucario, Magmar, Electabuzz, and such.

L.F.D.

Dax
7th February 2010, 2:47 AM
All I see is a bipedal Mightyena.

pokemonmasterhustler
I wounder what 5th gen will be like .... .^_^ If 4th involved time and space what if 5th is beyond space and time it's self. O.O

Electric
I don't think this Pokemon will get an evolution of the 493 that we know of.

Phantom could refer to Dark and Ghost types, so a Carnivine, Zangoose, Lucario, and Arcanine evolutions are (most likely) doubtful.

DYLANJON
Honestly, i think the silouette might be an evo of zangoose or a legendary from 5th gen, lets hope so, and lets also hope that seviper gets an evolution too!

Missingno. Master
7th February 2010, 2:48 AM
Latios, THAT'S where I'd seen an arm like that before!

Well, once I saw the sillohuete (sp?), after I stopped gibbering incoherently out of pure excitement, what first crossed my mind was an alternate evolution of Sneasel. Then I started thinking Banette evolution, and then Carnivine evolution. But, of course, I've been wildly wrong about these things in the past (once thought Cranidos would evolve into Lucario!)....

pokequil123
to me the pokemon culd b a evo line to sandslash ........ but!
this pokemon is the main character out of the next movie so its gotta be either a legendary pokemon or a pokemon with importance e.g. lucario unkown tyranitar ect and tbh sandslash isnt that of an all important pokemon is it so thats what got me
but on the other hand it looks like it may b a dark or fighting pokemon cuz it looks physical

pokemonmasterhustler
It appears to be powerful from size and shape. But that's completely stereotypical

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:49 AM
As for the colours, I see it having some red in it.

Typhlosion Trainer
If I had to say what this pokemon looks like it evolves from, I would have to say it looks like a Mightyena evo. And since we saw Mightyena on some stuff involving the movie, I wouldnt be surprised if it is a Mightyena evo.

Witch of 'Cos

pokequil123
to me the pokemon culd b a evo line to sandslash ........ but!
this pokemon is the main character out of the next movie so its gotta be either a legendary pokemon or a pokemon with importance e.g. lucario unkown tyranitar ect and tbh sandslash isnt that of an all important pokemon is it so thats what got me
but on the other hand it looks like it may b a dark or fighting pokemon cuz it looks physical

TheLupineOne
7th February 2010, 2:50 AM
And we all know the trouble complainers can give, like with Pokemon. Heck it's censored enough already with hgss slots. >_>

Not censored, replaced with what looks to be a great minigame.

Crystal Sableye
I wounder what 5th gen will be like .... .^_^ If 4th involved time and space what if 5th is beyond space and time it's self. O.O

Maybe it'll have something to with the past. That may explain the odd vibe "Z"'s giving.

Bulldogs
I can't imagine it as anything other than black.

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 2:51 AM
Oh a standing Mightyena evo might make sense. Though yea red is a color that I imagine cause it goes with the werewolf theme.

BCVM22
Where are people getting "Carnivine evo!" from? How do you take a silhouette of something that's bipedal and looks pretty clearly mammalian, and canine at that, and assume it came from a Venus fly trap?

glowing_light010
With all this talk about Z being related to Lucario, it's like rise of the Auraholics - PART 2
0_o

A_Merry_Snowrunt
7th February 2010, 2:52 AM
Does anyone but me see a tail at the bottom end? I'm seeing something here. And the arm could be hidden in the silhouette. Basically we know it has a slim torso and has razor shaped like claws for feet and hands. I see fur....but it could be entirely different. The head could be sticking out; then again it could be hidden like it's other arm. Unless the fur like coat makes a U Curve around the head.

Missingno. Master
Its arm looks like it's coming out of its head... It might not be an arm, but a tongue. A weird-*** tongue. Of course, it's also possible that it is an arm, and I've been decieved by the angle of the shadow...

Damn, I hope CoroCoro reveals the thing, and soon! All this speculation is gonna drive me to insanity and even further!

arceus7
it looks like it has webeed feet and a heavy uper body and latias.latios arms

wow. it looks tailess and has a pony tail if thats its tail then it would have a ugly hair doo

wait i see what u see snowrunt it looks like its arm is hidden and it has a shaggy back hair and a tail

Godric
And we all know the trouble complainers can give, like with Pokemon. Heck it's censored enough already with hgss slots. >_>

But then again Arceus didn't get much attention at all...

Anyways personally I'm inclined to think this new Pokemon is a new Pokemon. I can see the similarities to Lucario but I'm iffy on whether it'd be related to it or not. Either way I also doubt it's a devil Pokemon, personally. XD

We'll find out in two weeks for sure, but probably a week (or less if it leaks) in Coro Coro magazine, whee. Maybe then we'd get more info about this new game as well, and whether it is a 5th gen game or not? Whee, waiting.

I'm 100% certain that it's a new pokemon and not a evo of any Gen I - IV Pokemon. If I had ScreenCaptured a bit bigger I could show you what this guy did with photoshop (which was light up the photo around the edges)
"Z's" Face? (http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=69990&pid=1404950#pid1404950)

zapper22001
I can't imagine it as anything other than black.

I agree. Black is going to be the dominant color. Probably some red in there too.

talala
7th February 2010, 2:53 AM

if reds not on the body its at least gonna have red eyes, if not black is the other color i see it with

GoldSilverFan
7th February 2010, 2:53 AM
i think it a luario evalution to at ffirst i thought the hair was an alternate arm claw thing

BCVM22
7th February 2010, 2:54 AM
I'm 100% certain that it's a new pokemon and not a evo of any Gen I - IV Pokemon.

Ignored is the very real possibility that this individual is seeing images in what is nothing more than enhanced image distortion.

Oh, brave new world...

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 2:54 AM
if reds not on the body its at least gonna have red eyes, if not black is the other color i see it with

I think if would look cool with red eyes and mane-thing.

STICKTOPIA
7th February 2010, 2:55 AM
So there really is a Generation 5............. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja Charmander
Maybe it's a werehog version of Shaymin?jk

Squirtleismyhomeboy
how could u not see a mightyena evo?

Zeyre
To me it looks kind of like Weavile in a way but I can see it being something like Dark/Fighting

Looks really cool

Agonist
looks grassish to me, kinda like shiftry. I hope lol

imma go with fire/dark starter final evo...lol though kabz:p

Leuforion
7th February 2010, 2:56 AM
http://thompsonstshirts.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/werehog.png

Hydrohs
i think it a luario evalution to at ffirst i thought the hair was an alternate arm claw thing

Since it's supposed to be the star (going by the title) of the new movie there's a much higher chance that it'll be one of the new legendaries. Not a Lucario Evo, or an evo at all.

zapper22001
I think if would look cool with red eyes and mane-thing.

So I guess we've(sorta) established that it is a werewolf of some sorts?

bobri28
I am pretty sure it is an evo of lucarlo or a new pokemon. at first glance it looks like a torso with a sandslash for a head

Coach
7th February 2010, 2:57 AM
If you look at it in the right light it looks more like a branched Riolu evo. The other arm is hidden by the large amount of hair. Until it's revealed I think it's a Riolu evo that evolves at night, hence the werewolf.

Now we'll start seeing Wereaholics. I guess I'm one, lol.

GolemGuy
7th February 2010, 2:58 AM
I JUST HAD AN IDEA.

Someone else on another form pointed out to me that we can only see one arm. So, does it have another, and if so, where is it?

So I was looking at the picture, when it dawned on me.

My hypothesis: This new Pokemon will have some sort of burden that it carries.

...Oh my goodness, I think we might just be looking at an Atlas Pokemon.

Yuppirox
5th Gen, huh... Now that's an eye-opener. :O

Personally, I reallyreallyreally don't want it to be an evolution of an existing Pokemon. Kinda ruins that "new pokemon" vibe for me. I'm hoping for it to be a "treated like a legendary, but not a legendary" pokemon...kinda like Lucario was in Gen 4.

Anyway, I like the idea of it being like a werewolf. We don't have a werewolf pokemon...and the silhouette gives me this creepy feeling... *hoping for a dark type*

Yay for 5th Gen~ :p

Bulldogs
It's not unheard of for evolutions to look nothing like there pre evo ie:dragonite

JohnLee
7th February 2010, 2:59 AM
I agree. Black is going to be the dominant color. Probably some red in there too.

Red and black would be a cool combo for being illusions and those colors would fit the profile of it being the "evil" pokemon starting fights. I definitely see it as being the same color scheme as mightyena, black and silver. Pretty wolverine-ish if you ask me.

deathseer
7th February 2010, 3:00 AM
Don't you mean a High Touch you crazy bum.

Oh well excuse me ya old buzzard.

Fine......High Touches all around for Z.

Bulldogs
7th February 2010, 3:00 AM
It's not unheard of for evolutions to look nothing like there pre evo ie:dragonite

arceus7
7th February 2010, 3:01 AM
whats an atlas and I made an edit on this page last post

V Faction
I JUST HAD AN IDEA.

Someone else on another form pointed out to me that we can only see one arm. So, does it have another, and if so, where is it?

Funny thing with silhouettes, you don't usually see the entire Pokemon.

I know, how wacky!

Darato
I could easily see it being an electric type. I mean the hair on the back makes me think of Jolteon's spikes.

L.F.D.

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 3:02 AM
I think main colours will be red/back. with maybe some grey in there.

zapper22001
On second thought, the arms look a bit thin to be a werewolf, but it certainly is an upright-standing dog of some sorts. Though I can't imagine Riolu getting a mane of hair as it evolves. Kinda weird.

Mawile412
how could u not see a mightyena evo?

a mightyena just doesn't seem to fit in the silhouette...

MarshtompMan
It looks Fire and/or Grass type to me.

Omega
7th February 2010, 3:03 AM
I figured out what Z is!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/bonepowder/Zonic.png

Zonic, the hedgehog Pokemon.
The quills on its back allow it to run really fast. When it curls into a ball and begins to spin it is able to cut through diamond.

Most likely a Normal/ Ground type.

zapper22001
7th February 2010, 3:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could easily see it being an electric type. I mean the hair on the back makes me think of Jolteon's spikes.

L.F.D.
I like how you think outside the box, but don't you think that's TOO much hair?

Coach
7th February 2010, 3:04 AM
I JUST HAD AN IDEA.

I don't think this is an Atlas Pokemon, it just doesn't give me that vibe.

The other arm looks as if it's concealed by all the hair where the pic is a silhouette. Maybe it uses the hair as a weapon?

TheLupineOne
7th February 2010, 3:06 AM
If you look at it in the right light it looks more like a branched Riolu evo. The other arm is hidden by the large amount of hair. Until it's revealed I think it's a Riolu evo that evolves at night, hence the werewolf.

Now we'll start seeing Wereaholics. I guess I'm one, lol.

Hey, I'm a wolfaholic...

No. 1 Machop Fan
7th February 2010, 3:12 AM

L.F.D.

IMO it doesn't quite look sharp enough to be like Jolteon's fur.

Somehow I imagine purple when I look at it... maybe it's an evolved form of Skuntank?

Darato
7th February 2010, 3:18 AM

I never said it was 100% like it just reminds me of it is all.

L.F.D.

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 3:20 AM

Somehow I imagine purple when I look at it... maybe it's an evolved form of Skuntank?

i think it would have... a less fluffy tail if it was a Skuntank evolution...

i'm guessing it will be black.

ShinyLucario
7th February 2010, 3:23 AM
I think "z" may be related to the sneasel line.

Meganium Ex
7th February 2010, 3:23 AM
So what, is that ponytail-shaped thing its arm? Or a ponytail?

Witch of 'Cos
7th February 2010, 3:24 AM
I figured out what Z is!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/bonepowder/Zonic.png

Zonic, the hedgehog Pokemon.
The quills on its back allow it to run really fast. When it curls into a ball and begins to spin it is able to cut through diamond.

Most likely a Normal/ Ground type.

Ahaha. That's quite good.

Muno
7th February 2010, 3:25 AM
It looks like a more rugged floatzel.
I hope it's not a starter, because it doesnt have the "OMG SO ADORABLE" look.

Coach
7th February 2010, 3:25 AM
The other arm is obscured by its large amount of hair since this is a silhouette. If you look at it in the right light you can see some vague features (or I'm going insane) and all I see is a a branched Riolu evo. It'll probably be the what happens when Riolu evolves at night, hence the werewolf features.

I just don't see it being anything other than that. I've compared the silhouette & Lucario's artwork side by side & they bear a striking resemblance. The both have three fingers on each hand & three toes on each foot. And their lower bodies are shaped almost perfectly alike save for a few differences.

Roknar
7th February 2010, 3:26 AM

That would actually make a ton of sense.

Nidorino
7th February 2010, 3:26 AM
This Pokémon's typing could have something to do with the legendary beasts considering it's going to focus on them.

Yamikarasu
7th February 2010, 3:28 AM

Imo, it's pretty obvious that it's either a tail or a hair/thing. I have no idea why people think it's an arm. :/

I'm liking the idea of Riolu evolving into Z at night. It makes sense.

Darato
7th February 2010, 3:31 AM
The other arm is obscured by its large amount of hair since this is a silhouette. If you look at it in the right light you can see some vague features (or I'm going insane) and all I see is a a branched Riolu evo. It'll probably be the what happens when Riolu evolves at night, hence the werewolf features.

Just because it looks like part of the Riolu line doesn't mean it is. When we first saw Shellos there was talk about it being a pre evo for Lapras, and same with Plusle and Minum and the Pikachu line.

L.F.D.

Godric
7th February 2010, 3:33 AM

It looks like a pony-tail. I don't know how anyone mistakes that for an actual tail. =/

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 3:34 AM
i hope it's not a riolu evolution... it already has a really strong evolution, it doesn't need another!

Wulava

That would actually make a ton of sense.

Though it makes quite a bit of sense. This argument is really missing something.

First, you cannot simply have Riolu evolve at night. Why? Because Riolu does not and simply cannot evolve at night in DPPt and HGSS. So, if ever this guy is indeed Riolu's evo, an item would be needed or a different method should be considered.

talala

we don't know yet, most likely a ponytail

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 3:36 AM
Though it makes quite a bit of sense. This argument is really missing something.

First, you cannot simply have Riolu evolve at night. Why? Because Riolu does not and simply cannot evolve at night in DPPt and HGSS. So, if ever this guy is indeed Riolu's evo, an item would be needed or a different method should be considered.

O_O it's true... wow, Wulava is smart ^-^

Hydrohs
7th February 2010, 3:37 AM
It looks like a more rugged floatzel.
I hope it's not a starter, because it doesnt have the "OMG SO ADORABLE" look.

What starters are you thinking of? Unless you mean all the base starters in which case it's definitely not a base starter.

I don't think there's any way that this Pokemon is an evolution. It doesn't make sense to me. It's the first one they revealed, they'd have to make it good, revealing one that isn't entirely unique in the fact that it evolves from something old seems odd. Not to mention it's the star of the movie.

However most of the first Pokemon revealed for Fourth Gen were pre-evos.

Crystal Sableye
7th February 2010, 3:38 AM
It looks like a pony-tail. I don't know how anyone mistakes that for an actual tail. =/

It's possible, the rest of the hair cold be concealed in the tail, or could be behind the tail.

But I think thats a Ponytail.

V Faction
7th February 2010, 3:38 AM
O_O it's true... wow, Wulava is smart ^-^
That's... kind of been the way they've done newer evolutions like Frosslass and Gallade or Glaceon and Leafeon. Introduce a new/method to get around previous inconsistencies. It's, like, Pokemon 101.

Shadow Lucario
7th February 2010, 3:40 AM
I see a lot of people calling this Pokemon Z when it hasn't been said to be Z. Anyway, I'm going to guess it is a stand alone Pokemon that doesn't evolve into anything or from anything. I might be wrong, but we have no other info besides the silhouette

lindsy95
Ehhhhh....

I dont like whats going on with its really skinny arms and waist.

I'll hold untill I can see the whole thing though.

-waits for corcoro-

EDIT:not that Im expecting corocoro to have the whole thing, though!

ebilly99
what is it is not hair but a claw?http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/ebilly99/123.jpg

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 3:41 AM
what is it is not hair but a claw?http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/ebilly99/123.jpg

O_O i don't see what you mean....

Wulava
7th February 2010, 3:42 AM

It's the tail. The arms are clearly not seen due to it being a silhouette.

Darato
7th February 2010, 3:42 AM

They could have an area you need to be in for it to happen at night with, like they did for Magnezone.

L.F.D.

Hydrohs
7th February 2010, 3:43 AM
I see a lot of people calling this Pokemon Z when it hasn't been said to be Z. Anyway, I'm going to guess it is a stand alone Pokemon that doesn't evolve into anything or from anything. I might be wrong, but we have no other info besides the silhouette

Actually... it is Pokemon Z

which Jun'ichi Masuda said to be Z from the movie, with thanks to yaminokame for that note

R_N
7th February 2010, 3:44 AM
I kind of hope it's a smeargle evolution
It could, uh, Paint illusions yeah that's it

Missing arm? Totally having a paintbrush.
No wait giant pony tail==paintbrush.

yeah

that's the ticket

hello moto
7th February 2010, 3:44 AM
Looks like a Dark/Psychic type to me.

I just hope it's not related to the Lucario line, they have too much popularity than they should.

Shadow Lucario
7th February 2010, 3:45 AM
Actually... it is Pokemon Z

Some sites have reported that this mysterious Pokémon is Z itself, but as of now this is purely speculation, apparently based on an announcement earlier in the program that Z would be revealed in that same program on Feb. 21.

Here's something from Bulbapedia

Meganium Ex
7th February 2010, 3:45 AM
It's the tail. The arms are clearly not seen due to it being a silhouette.

Looks more like a ponytail to me. I don't see a tail at all.

Hydrohs
7th February 2010, 3:46 AM
Here's something from Bulbapedia

I'm not sure where they got that but yaminokame speaks Japanese, I trust their word.

CSolarstorm
7th February 2010, 3:47 AM
Besides pointing out it could evolve in a certain area at night, there were inconsistancies in some of the 4th gen. evolutions. Lickitung could already learn Rollout, but didn't evolve to Lickylicky, and one of the others could learn Ancientpower, but couldn't evolve until Gen. 4.

Shneak
Looks more like a ponytail to me. I don't see a tail at all.

I first thought it was a ponytail, but I think it's a tail now. It makes more sense.

I still think it's a Mightyena/Zangoose evolution. Or a completely new Pokemon.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
I just knew there would be a storm of "ooo, it looks like a lucario/riolu evo lololol" comments as soon as the silhouette was revealed.

kemal07
7th February 2010, 3:48 AM
At first i thought it might be an evolution of Mightyena but when i think about it, i doubt out of all new 5gen a mightyena evo should be this 'legendary' lol.
But now that peole mention it it kinda does look Lucario'ish.
I would definatly say its a somewhat werewolf type being of the Dark type

Coach
7th February 2010, 3:48 AM
That's... kind of been the way they've done newer evolutions like Frosslass and Gallade or Glaceon and Leafeon. Introduce a new/method to get around previous inconsistencies. It's, like, Pokemon 101.

They'll probably make it hold some sort of item like usual.

The only thing I'm seeing is a Riolu evolution, there's no other alternative imo.

ninetails012
7th February 2010, 3:50 AM
it would be funny if it was just something a ditto could form or something like that:)

lindsy95
7th February 2010, 3:50 AM
Eh? why i dont see anything the remotley hints "ZOMG RIOLU"

Id say, its a tail. Looks like a fire type to me...?

Missingno. Master
7th February 2010, 3:52 AM
If it is a new Riolu evolution, it'll probably evolve at night holding some new item.

I personally stand by my Sneasel/Carnivine evo theories, wrong though they very well may be.

Hydrohs
7th February 2010, 3:52 AM
They'll probably make it hold some sort of item like usual.

The only thing I'm seeing is a Riolu evolution, there's no other alternative imo.

One of the new legendaries maybe? O_o

Shneak
7th February 2010, 3:53 AM
At first i thought it might be an evolution of Mightyena but when i think about it, i doubt out of all new 5gen a mightyena evo should be this 'legendary' lol.
But now that peole mention it it kinda does look Lucario'ish.
I would definatly say its a somewhat werewolf type being of the Dark type

It hasn't been confirmed that it is Z though. It could be just a random Pokemon of the day that makes a cameo.

Alder
7th February 2010, 3:55 AM
If it's Lucario related, other than having the same "social standing" then I'll be very disappointed.

I can see it being a Mightyena evo, and an epic one at that, so that theory catches my eye.

I can't see it being a legendary. I just can't. We all thought that about Lucario and we were wrong, so we probably are wrong about this too.

It's probably a Dark type. That's a given, as doppelganger has a negative impression to it, even an evil one. This also supports the Mightyena idea.

That being said, I personally see a Dark-Fighting Pokemon here. It would be basically another Lucario:

-Fighting paired with a new type.
-Resists Psychic, Fighting's more or less biggest problem.
-Lucario is neutral to Flying, but is slaughtered by Ground. Z (as a Dark-Fighting) would be, conversely, neutral to Ground and slaughtered by Flying.
-Lucario gained a weakness to Fire. Z would gain a weakness to Bug (or is Bug weak against Fighting? I don't remember)
-Weak to Fighting due to second typing.

The similarities would be enormous. Plus the design is somewhat similar, therefore people would be most likely comparing the two endlessly.

Is it safe to say, though, that it's been affectionately dubbed "Werecario?"

Godric
7th February 2010, 4:02 AM
If it turns out to be this, I quit Pokemon:
NOTE: FAN MADE IMAGE

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/Jlanx/newpoke.png

Shneak
7th February 2010, 4:04 AM

It's almost too similar.

Plat. Frontier
7th February 2010, 4:05 AM
Maybe a Ponyta evo.?

Hydrohs
7th February 2010, 4:06 AM

That's very good. Although I think it looks too similar to Mightyena.

Maybe a Ponyta evo.?

Horse to werewolf? O_o

Crystal Sableye
7th February 2010, 4:07 AM

I loled. That may be what it looks like though, only with some more design and such.

:/

TicoPokemonMaster
From what I read this pokemon if it is Z is the key to the movie. I took two things away from this.
1. Key to the movie meaning it is the star
2. Is not evil, and or is a misunderstood pokemon like Darkrai was

venra77
its a evo of sandslash

Jiggy
7th February 2010, 4:13 AM
Aw man, why did it have to be a Lucario evo.

Archangel
7th February 2010, 4:14 AM
@ whoever said that
I highly doubt it is a ponyta evolution ._.

@ the 10 + pages of people who think it's a riolu/lucario evolutions
I highly doubt it is related to them at all lucario and riolu are powerful enough. They have excellent stats + typing, a great movepool, and get 3 or 4 priority moves ;/. It doesn't even really look anything like them in my opinion.

It's probably just a brand new pokemon and not an evolution of an old pokemon.

talala
7th February 2010, 4:24 AM

lol ssj3 mightyena xD

but that could be it

LugiaRox
7th February 2010, 4:29 AM
was there a shadow released of lucaro before he was revealed and if so does any one have it to compare with z just to compare the two and maybe prove if they,re of the same family or not

Bardische
7th February 2010, 4:29 AM
This Pokemon has an odd-resemblance to this fan-made Pokemon...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/352/2/8/286701d4b38e1e97bb2848b846856150.jpg

But that's just me. It IS me, right? Right?!

Anyway, this revelation is so sudden, like, yeah. I feel sorry for the forums. Being flooded by "OMFG GENERATION V POKEMON!!!" people.

Riversong
7th February 2010, 4:33 AM
I hope it's not a Lucario evolution. A Zangoose one would be nice though, since it could fare better in competitive battling then.

flygonabsol99
7th February 2010, 4:34 AM
It looks somewhat hybrid,but i think it looks like weavile.Not sure what elsse,though

Burning_Fury
7th February 2010, 4:35 AM
O.O that thing is furry

the pokemon mostly reminded me Weavile, exept im not sure what the arms are all about, it looks like it has a ponytail, and i also noticed it was a slickk shake (curving/smooth shape), so im guessing its really fast.

I dont think pokemon would show us yet another evolution of a past pokemon as the first pokemon we see, but instead something absolutly new.

I also think that it doesnt evolve into something big such as (cleffa, clefairy, clefable or pichu,pikachu, raichu) im guessing its a stand alone, no evolve pokemon, or a one evolve.

Gaiasa Hinuta
7th February 2010, 4:36 AM
Erm.. I honestly think it's not an evolution at all. I mean, why would an evolution of something like Sandslash (or Ponyta =_=) be the first 5th generation silhouette to be released? And Lucario is strong enough, it doesn't need an evolution - especially when it debuted last gen.

It's probably just a new Pokemon in general, not a new evolution. I mean, it most likely has something to do with the new movie. And it looks like a Fighting/*insert second type here* type. Dunno, maybe Dark? Ground? I guess it would kind of help if we knew some more details about it, wouldn't it? XD

bugman03
7th February 2010, 4:37 AM
My first impression was that it was a ninetales evolution, now I'm not so sure. I suppose it could just be a new Legend of some kind.

catzeye
7th February 2010, 4:37 AM
I still hold my idea about it being a Mightyena evo or a new pokemon resembling a Wendigo.

I can't wrap my head around it having anything to do with Riolu/Lucario. I see no similarities.

I think as far as typing goes:
-Fighting
-Dark
-Ghost
-Psychic

I definitely believe it will be dual-typed with one of those as one of it's typing...

Jigglypuff5000
7th February 2010, 4:38 AM
Looks like a fire starter final evolution - but I'm hoping it's the water one! :-D

It's not related to any pokemon we know so far anyway. It's new.

Jiggy
7th February 2010, 4:38 AM
@ the 10 + pages of people who think it's a riolu/lucario evolutions
I highly doubt it is related to them at all lucario and riolu are powerful enough. They have excellent stats + typing and get 3 priority moves ;/.

It's probably just a brand new pokemon and not an evolution of an old pokemon.

You seem to forget that this is Gamefreak we're talking about here.

The same guys who made Garchomp with the intention of balancing Tyranitar and Skarmbliss. The same guys who thought Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie would make for an interesting legendary trio. The same guys who decided to screw over all of previous Pokemon lore by introducing the almighty creator of the universe. The same guys who made Blaziken a monkey and called it a new Pokemon.

This is not beneath them. In fact, this is exactly the kind of thing they'd do. Lucario gets a new evo. Newcario steals the show from the Johto legendaries in the movie, Newcario ruins the metagame by being even more OP than Garchomp or Infernape, Newcario becomes an eyesore on the SSB4 roster, the fandumb treats Newcario like the second coming, and it encourages Gamefreak to try and pull similar **** for 6th gen. At least Lugia and Lati@s were ****ing legendaries.

cg_25
7th February 2010, 4:41 AM
Here's my guess for the silhouette:

FireFox Flavor (sorry I had too)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/cg_25/Serebii/announcementfire.jpg

and Midnight Flavor:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/cg_25/Serebii/announcementmid.jpg

Bardische
7th February 2010, 4:48 AM
Here's my guess for the silhouette:

FireFox Flavor (sorry I had too)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/cg_25/Serebii/announcementfire.jpg

and Midnight Flavor:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/cg_25/Serebii/announcementmid.jpg

Well at least we can guess that it's arm is there. Hahahaha.

Let's just wait for Feb 21 so we can what this thing looks like.

cg_25
7th February 2010, 4:49 AM

Hells No!

That looks too good!

MidnightMelody
7th February 2010, 4:49 AM
Well i waited for this day! Where Gen V talk was NOT BANNED! lol Anywho! Its weird I always wanted a wolf pokemon and now it seems i have one. I think it is a wolf with long blonde hair. It will be dark and electric and its name will be Raiden!

Cobalt_Latios
7th February 2010, 4:51 AM
Ah, fun times. This reminds me of back when we were attempting to figure out what: "tamanta, buizeru, and perappu" were (we all know that they're: Mantyke, Buizel, and Chatot respectively).

With that in mind, I also remember we had 3 silhouettes to go by, and people were also speculating on that as well.

So, I'll show you the silhouettes again, and then you can then use the knowledge on what we know of them now, to attempt a speculation on what we have here.

here we are (http://pkmn.net/?action=news&page=viewnews&id=537)

Enjoy!

*runs*

C_L

Burning_Fury
7th February 2010, 4:51 AM
i dont think its a ground type for the reason that it actually has no real grip on the ground, and its legs look small. -.-

i also dont see it being a ghost type because its too big and it has no levitation (i know, gengar) but thats what i think :P

And its true, i think its a no evolution pokemon because it just seems too big already to evolve.

I guess there is a chance it could be a final evolution of a starter but that would just ruin the starter surprise!

I see it Fighting/Dark

raymund
7th February 2010, 4:52 AM
This pokemon.....it must be the long lost evolutionary line between Ursaring and Primeape...Oh no. Man Bear Pig.

Dattebayo
7th February 2010, 4:56 AM
That new 5th gen pokemon looks more like a wolverine, which is one of those animals who have yet to be Pokemon. I predict that it'll be a sweeper, judging by its design, and a possible 5th gen rep for the next Smash Bros. game.

Willow's Tara
7th February 2010, 4:56 AM
Hm it looks like a skinner version of Shifty lol

But seriously it does look interesting, I am betting it's Dark type too maybe Steel/Dark? Guess I do have something to look forward to this year afterall

Mawile412
7th February 2010, 4:59 AM
haha they thought buizel was related to the mareep family XD

watch, we're gonna think it's related to lucario but it turns out it's something completely different.

GalladeRocks
7th February 2010, 5:00 AM
Wow, this sprung up fast. Well, that's to be expected. If Heartgold and Soulsilver coming out got over 2,168 users online, it's only expected that a sillouhette of the first Pokemon released of the 5th Gen would draw in everybody who's been interested in Pokemon for at least four years. This place is going to turn into a madhouse, and fast. Well, more of a madhouse than what it currently is.

Anyway, I'm mystified by this "Z". It bears great similarity to both Lucario and Weavile, almost like a fusion of them. However, I don't think that it will be related to either of them at all. It's probably just the Lucario of the 5th Gen, in that it's a non-legendary Pokemon which has a starring role in a movie before its generation's release. I'm putting my money on the typing as either, Dark, Ghost, Psychic, or any combination of them.

Ok, seriously. I just looked at a big, close-up picture of it, and I swear, it looks exactly like Weavile with fur on its head and tail.

EDIT: And about Mantyke, Buizel, Chatot, and Manaphy...When I first saw them, the only one that I got right in my prediction was Mantyke. I guessed it was a pre-evolution of Mantine. However, I guessed that Buizel evolved from Linoone, Chatot evolved from Farfetch'd, and Manaphy was a split evolution of Chinchou.

cg_25
7th February 2010, 5:00 AM
I don't know guys. This pokemons form is pretty defined. I say between what has been guessed in this thread someone's definitely gotten it right!

de_darkrai
7th February 2010, 5:01 AM
Maybe It's a legendary poke :)

haha,Juz my guess.