PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114

Shining Mew
7th February 2010, 1:11 AM
In this thread you may discuss the new Pokemon revealed for the new games.

****THIS IS NOT AN IDEAS THREAD OR "I HOPE THEY HAVE THIS KIND OF POKEMON" THREAD****

Discuss and speculate on confirmed Pokemon ONLY.

****If you want to go speculate about the new games, or the region and all the other things that have not been announced yet, DO IT IN THE 5TH GEN SOCIAL GROUP NOT IN THIS THREAD****

Revealed Pokemon:

Pokemon "Z" is Zoroark, a Dark type Pokemon. Zoroark evolves from Zorua

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/big-big.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/big2.jpg

Archangel
12th February 2010, 8:39 PM
Please stay on topic this time . *Opens*.

Post Away =)

Gil Grissom
12th February 2010, 8:46 PM
I thought the majority of the conversation in the other thread was appropriate and one topic, but whatever. The constraints on this forums are a bit strict guys, don't ya think?

How much discussion can be done about 2 pokemon? Is this really how it's gonna be, us only being able to discuss the 5th gen as it is slowly revealed?

Meh...whatever, continue.

Shiny hunter Reece
12th February 2010, 8:50 PM
So I'm guessing this is the replacement of the spammed up "new pokemon discussion/speculation" thread?

Right then. Here we go.

Zoroa and Zoroark are fox pokemon.

That means they are likely to have good attack and speed. Attack because foxes can attack animals twice as big as themselves. Speed because foxes are quite agile, and the pokemon itself looks fast.

Zoroark looks strong, so it will probably be a rare pokemon, hard to evolve as well. Pokemon that are strong are usually rare, hard to catch, hard to evolve, etc.

I also think that Zoroark looks better on all fours than it does standing up.

EDIT: The discussion in the last thread was off topic because people were talking about their own hopes for 5th gen, when the thread was a thread to speculate and discuss CONFIRMED INFORMATION ONLY.

Serebii
12th February 2010, 8:51 PM
I thought the majority of the conversation in the other thread was appropriate and one topic, but whatever. The constraints on this forums are a bit strict guys, don't ya think?

How much discussion can be done about 2 pokemon? Is this really how it's gonna be, us only being able to discuss the 5th gen as it is slowly revealed?

Meh...whatever, continue.
It's called organising chaos

Grei
12th February 2010, 9:05 PM
: /

Yeah, the last topic was not too off-topic. There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

I'll restate what I said in the last topic: Zoroark and Lucario are not necessarily counterparts--that would mean that Aura and Illusions are counterparts, or at least related. Since we don't know if this is true or not yet, it's safer to say Lucario and Zoroark are parallels.

Parallels, not counterparts.

Archangel
12th February 2010, 9:10 PM
Yeah, not too off-topic with the last topic. : / There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

I'll restate what I said in the last topic: Zoroark and Lucario are not necessarily counterparts--that would mean that Aura and Illusions are counterparts, or at least related. Since we don't know if this is true or not yet, it's safer to say Lucario and Zoroark are parallels.

The last thread was supposed to be for discussion and speculation about Confirmed Information Only and we had people speculating about Light types , New Gym Leaders , Game Titles, Comparing Gens ("4th gen is da bestest D:<") and various other things. Thats not what this is for. If you didn't see posts like that , it's because we deleted them =/.

Right now the admins don't really want people speculating about that stuff in the main forum and basically making "a 5th gen wishlist" and causing a bunch of chaos more or less. You're free to check out the 5th gen social group if you wanna go talk about that kind of stuff, but keep it out of this thread.

Fire Storm
12th February 2010, 9:12 PM
I also think that Zoroark looks better on all fours than it does standing up.

Really? Personally, I think it looks much better standing up. My main problem is that it doesn't look related to Zorua outside of colouring, though, so the problems may be related.

Silver_Seoul
12th February 2010, 9:12 PM
That may be true, but aura is a spiritual energy that is the essence of life in all things [so says Bulbapedia.] Illusions, unless described differently from the real-world illusions, are simply mirages, images projected that appear real but are not. Life energy >--< Mirages? I suppose Zoroark and Lucario have similar concepts, but I can't see them as counterparts OR parallels until further information is revealed.

Grei
12th February 2010, 9:20 PM
That may be true, but aura is a spiritual energy that is the essence of life in all things [so says Bulbapedia.] Illusions, unless described differently from the real-world illusions, are simply mirages, images projected that appear real but are not. Life energy >--< Mirages? I suppose Zoroark and Lucario have similar concepts, but I can't see them as counterparts OR parallels until further information is revealed.

I'm not saying Aura is related to Illusions, I'm saying it's possible.

In the Pokemon World, maybe Illusions are created using Aura. If Aura and Illusions are related, then they are likely counterparts, but I don't see why they cannot be parallels in the meantime. They have a lot of similarities, which I posted in the previous thread.

Lucario is an anthropomorphic Pokemon that stands on it's hind legs (though I'm sure it could be on all fours if it wanted). Lucario can use a special ability to manipulate Aura--it's it's natural ability. Lucario is the 1st Stage Pokemon to Riolu, a smaller, cuter Pokemon. Riolu was revealed after Lucario. Lucario is also the star of it's own movie, despite not being legendary.

Zoroark is an anthropomorphic Pokemon that can stand on it's hind legs. Zoroark can use a special ability to create illusions--it's (likely) it's natural ability. Zoroark is the 1st Stage Pokemon to Zorua, a smaller, cuter Pokemon. While the two were revealed at the same time, Zoroark was technically revealed first, through the silhouette. Zoroark is also the star of it's own movie, despite not being legendary.

Then, look at the physical aspect:
Both Lucario and Zoroark have three digits.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have small upper arms, but larger forearms.
Both have something coming from their heads that trails behind them. Lucario has appendages; Zororark has a mane-like extension.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have long, pointed ears.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have body parts that closely resemble man-made objects. Lucario has metal on it's chest and paws; Zoroark has a ring in it's mane.
Lucario is Blue and Black; Zoroark is Red and Black. (Red and Blue are often seen as counterpart-colors.)

See the resemblance? The two Pokemon are very similar.

However, Zoroark is definitely not some sort of byproduct of Lucario or anything--it definitely has enough differences. I believe they could be counterparts, but I think there could be a better word for this pair.

They two are parallels to one another, I think. Since Aura and Illusions may or may not go together in the Pokemon world, you can't really say for sure yet if the two are counterparts (for all we know, Aura could be the source of the Illusions--we don't know yet). They definitely parallel one another, however, for reasons I listed above.

Parallel =/= Counterparts, I don't see why they aren't Parallels with all of their similarities.

Shiny hunter Reece
12th February 2010, 9:33 PM
: /

Yeah, the last topic was not too off-topic. There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

Yes. Parallels.
Now that someone brought that up, I'm thinking that because of that, you might get Zoroa in one version and Riolu in another.

Really? Personally, I think it looks much better standing up. My main problem is that it doesn't look related to Zorua outside of colouring, though, so the problems may be related.

A lot of pokemon are like that.
Magikarp and Gyarados
Dragonair and Dragonite
Metapod and Butterfree

EDIT: Yes the same noobs may come in here making a wishlist, but the mods have posted saying not to do so, and it might be easier to see.

Plus, infractions will have been given out. The only problem is different people turning up during the 5th gen flood.

Silver_Seoul
12th February 2010, 9:36 PM
I see where you're coming from, but if aura was used in Zoroark's "creation" of illusions, wouldn't that also make Zoroark an aura user just as Lucario? Which in turn would negate the idea of them being "parallels," which are "two lines that will never cross." In a literal sense? It could be seen as two similar yet opposite figures. The two indeed have similarities, most of which were pointed out by you, but opposites? If your theory on aura+ability=illusions is correct, then Z. and Lucario are more alike than they differ, which causes them to lean more toward the counterparts theory.

But I do see and respect where you're coming from, not trying to bash down your ideas or anything. :)

~Dragon_Master~
12th February 2010, 9:38 PM
Am I alone in thinking that Zoroark would look much better if it's body was coloured the same purple as Zorua instead of that murky brown colour.
I also think that I'm turning into a Zorua/Vulpix shipper. :P

cg_25
12th February 2010, 9:42 PM
I don't think this new Pokemon has anything to do with aura. Sorry.

Edit:

Zorua is a little silly looking if you ask me. I think it should have looked a little more like growlithe.

Archangel
12th February 2010, 9:48 PM

Edit:

Zorua is a little silly looking if you ask me. I think it should have looked a little more like growlithe.

I agree with the first part. The new pokemon cast illusions and play tricks on people supposedly. They were comparing it to lucario.

I think they both look really cool to be honest x). I don't like the scan with Zoroark on all 4's as much, but it still looks cool =D.

Shiny hunter Reece
12th February 2010, 9:54 PM

Edit:

I agree with the first part.

-------------------

I don't think so. Zoroa is a fox/fox cub, Zoroark is a fox. It's appearance makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Why should it look like Growlithe? Why not a totally new design? If a pokemon's design looks too similar to existing designs, that just makes it boring.

hellmetal789
12th February 2010, 10:05 PM
i personally like him on 2 legs than all 4's

GalladeX
12th February 2010, 10:21 PM
What do you guys think of them HP and Defenses wise?

I'd think they'll have below-average stats. Maybe High Special Defense since it supposed to be illusion-y.

Silver_Seoul
12th February 2010, 10:24 PM
^ Yes, but only on the surface have "just two pokemon" appeared. Digging deeper, you can describe its overall movie role [this is a MAJOR discussion topic alone], your opinions on their designs, assumptions of [tiers. stats, abilities, etc.] which can all be delved into without in truth "speculating."

ungulateman
12th February 2010, 10:29 PM
There's a shiny new 5th gen social group for random speculation if you want.

I am betting, regardless of how much Zoruarku (sp?) is related to Lucario, people will ship them anyway.

Or maybe Ninetales.

While it's a bit early to comment, I don't see this guy being particularly "tough", but it is likely it'll be fast and have at least one high attack stat, again, similar to Lucario.

Have a nice day.

Shiny hunter Reece
12th February 2010, 10:30 PM
What do you guys think of them HP and Defenses wise?

I'd think they'll have below-average stats. Maybe High Special Defense since it supposed to be illusion-y.

It is dark type, so high special stats.

High attack as well, since they are based on foxes, which attack things and kill them easily. Medium defence, since foxes can defend themselves, but Zoroark doesn't look as well built as some.

HP I'm not sure.

Silver_Seoul
12th February 2010, 10:41 PM
I shall be original and hypothesize Zorua's stats, be they as unimportant as they are. x]

HP: 50(~ish)
Atk: 70? (Looks a little more attack based than his evo...)
Def: 30-40(~ish)
SpAtk: 50(~ish. As an average type stat.)
SpDef: 20? (eh...)
Spd: 60-70 [~ish.]

Basically, I see Zorua with:

.Average~above average HP.
.Above average~High Attack
.Average defense
.Average~Below average Special Attack
.Average~Below average SpecialDefense
.Above Average~High speed.

As for Zoroark, I agree with the rather common:

.Average HP
.Average~above average Atk.
.Low Def.
.Above average~high special attack.
.Low Sp.Def.
.High Speed

shayminXIII
12th February 2010, 10:57 PM
i think it will be used way too much like lucario

Pamizard
12th February 2010, 11:22 PM
Well i personally think Zoroark will be able to learn alot of nice moves like maybe Night Slash maybe Detect. I also can see him knowing one fighting move maybe close combat

warnerbroman
12th February 2010, 11:26 PM
well almost all dark types before had "glass cannon" stats ( except umbreon) and from the looks it seem the to be it

Pamizard
12th February 2010, 11:27 PM
I still think there is a hidden type for Zoroark as coro coro only stated that Zorua was a pure dark type, it diddn't say this about Zoroark at all, secondary fire type please.

Well since we only have Houndoom and HOundour for dark.fire types, i would like to see that in Zoroark. I also hope for dark/fighting he kinda looks like a fighter to me

SnorlaxInSlacks
12th February 2010, 11:28 PM
I still think there is a hidden type for Zoroark as coro coro only stated that Zorua was a pure dark type, it diddn't say this about Zoroark at all, secondary fire type please.
WHY is it so hard for people to beleive that these things are just Dark types?
Why?

beastofbrawl
12th February 2010, 11:31 PM
My speculation: I think Zoroark will end up being dark fighting, but that would just be my guess. I'm sure it'd be a great physical sweeper being able to learn Fire Punch, Night Slash, and CB as its main attacking moves....Possibly will use Bulk Up as a stat gainer. It might even be able to use Curse.

Stats:
Base 80 HP
Base 110 Attack
Base 70 Deffense
Base 70 Sp.A
Base 80 Sp.D
Base 90 Speed

He'd probably be used as a Choice Skarf Revenge Killer or Choice Band, but Possibly even a Life Orb would do with the Bulk Up set. I think his Ability will be Pressure.

popcorn dragon
12th February 2010, 11:35 PM
Zoroark resembles more of wolf than a fox. God, the pokemon design is getting worse each generation.

flygonabsol99
12th February 2010, 11:39 PM
these are two pokemon,that are very..unrevealed at the time.they have great pictures.thet somehow seem somewhat similar, in concept,to riolu and lucario.

Kaasuti
12th February 2010, 11:44 PM
Why?

I don't mind having them as pure dark type, we're only speculating because Coro Coro only put one of them as being a pure dark type, the other was just referred to as dark.

Pamizard
12th February 2010, 11:47 PM
Besides we dont have alot of pure dark types. So maybe more would be cool but im really hoping it would be part fighting.

BCVM22
12th February 2010, 11:48 PM
Zoroark resembles more of wolf than a fox.

Wolves and foxes are both canines and share any number of facial and body features. Given that Zorua is clearly a fox and the fact that Zoroark has plenty of fox-like features and nothing about it that contradicts its fox origins, I think we can safely conclude that it's a fox, perhaps with one or two wolf characteristics.

God, the pokemon design is getting worse each generation.

Only in your opinion. Not by any objective standard.

~Spacial_Rendation~
12th February 2010, 11:57 PM
Zoroark resembles more of wolf than a fox. God, the pokemon design is getting worse each generation.

Yes! Lets just keep our recoloured animals form the 1st genration pl0x.
While I don't like the lipstick on Zoroark, Zorua looks absolutely adorable.

GOONER1991
13th February 2010, 12:09 AM
Wolves and foxes are both canines and share any number of facial and body features. Given that Zorua is clearly a fox and the fact that Zoroark has plenty of fox-like features and nothing about it that contradicts its fox origins, I think we can safely conclude that it's a fox, perhaps with one or two wolf characteristics.

Only in your opinion. Not by any objective standard.

Also the fact that it's Pokemon Description is "Evil Fox Pokemon" is a huge giveaway

◘Ins0mnIac◘
13th February 2010, 12:10 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Zoroark will know Beat Up and Crunch. Genius right? :P

Pamizard
13th February 2010, 12:12 AM

Hmm maybe the "lipstick" can be for the female zoroark and not for the Male

Silver_Seoul
13th February 2010, 12:13 AM
I actually like the [FACEPAINT.] It gives him an evil appearance.

Pamizard
13th February 2010, 12:31 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Zoroark will know Beat Up and Crunch. Genius right? :P

I like that idea.

I was thinking he can also learn shadow claw, but the only way is to go to a move relearner

Hejiru
13th February 2010, 12:48 AM
He'll probably know Night Slash as well. Dark-type + sharp claws....

warnerbroman
13th February 2010, 12:56 AM
well there is no doubt that it will be in the ground breeding type

viva la johto
13th February 2010, 1:19 AM
so i wonder if it will have acces to the many claw required moves

Kindrindra
13th February 2010, 1:38 AM
A big problem I noticed is someone said the 'Lipstick' should only be on the female.
Lipstick? No. It refers to typical Japanese Masks and Face paintings depicting foxes. I remember in the last topic someone posted a large list of images that depict this. It would be nice if they did it in this one. ^_^

Phantom champion Z
13th February 2010, 1:46 AM
i think ther should be a middle stage zorua to zoroark. seems like a drastic change just me though.

mew-the original
13th February 2010, 2:13 AM
I wonder which pose gamefreak will put Zoroark in in the games. I hope for the bipedal position.

Coach
13th February 2010, 2:14 AM
i think ther should be a middle stage zorua to zoroark. seems like a drastic change just me though.

Not really. This wouldn't be the first time there was a dramatic change between stages.

Grei
13th February 2010, 2:17 AM

Why would they reveal the Basic and 2nd Stage Evo, but not the 1st Stage Evo, of an evolutionary line? That'd be like revealing Shinx and Luxray, but not Luxio, or revealing Treecko and Sceptile, but not Grovyle. It doesn't make any sense.

One would guess that it does, considering it has claws.

Why?

Because it's arguably still possible for Zoroark to be something other than pure Dark. Only Zorua has been confirmed to be purely Dark.

But just look at Zoroark. Doesn't it look like a Fighting type? Most humanoid/humanshape Pokemon are Fighting-type.

Coach
13th February 2010, 2:21 AM
Because it's arguably still possible for Zoroark to be something other than pure Dark. Only Zorua has been confirmed to be purely Dark.

But just look at Zoroark. Doesn't it look like a Fighting type? Most humanoid/humanshape Pokemon are Fighting-type.

Show me one place where it says that Zoroark could have another type. I haven't heard of anything. CoroCoro already said it was a Dark type.

Archangel
13th February 2010, 2:32 AM
Actually they both are confirmed to be dark types. There was no mention of either one of them being dual typed. Though I wouldn't rule out there being a 2nd type for them because of the way they look. If there was a 2nd type it'd probably be fire or fighting.

Anyways, I can't wait for their abilities to be revealed next month =D.

cg_25
13th February 2010, 2:39 AM
I don't think so. Zoroa is a fox/fox cub, Zoroark is a fox. It's appearance makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Why should it look like Growlithe? Why not a totally new design? If a pokemon's design looks too similar to existing designs, that just makes it boring.

I was making reference to the fact that Zoroa looks like a mouse with Popsicle sticks for legs; I'm exaggerating of course but you get my point. Seriously though it's definitely one of the most awkward pre-eveolutions I've seen.

And the whole growlith comparison, since growlith is esentially a dog and Zoroa a Fox that means they're of the same genus. Growlith actually has feet and knees. From the image we've seen Zoroa's legs look like sticks. o.O

rocky505
13th February 2010, 2:42 AM
I see them both being in the ground egg group maybe humanshape IDK.

w00t!: Rank up!

Grei
13th February 2010, 2:51 AM
Show me one place where it says that Zoroark could have another type. I haven't heard of anything. CoroCoro already said it was a Dark type.

Coro Coro said that they were Dark types, but according to the translations, Zorua was a PURE Dark type, while Zoroark was only said to be Dark type. That's how it was worded--which could insinuate that Zoroark has a second type.

Zorua - Pure Dark Type
Zoroark - Dark Type

^that sort of wording could possibly hint that Zoroark has a second type that has yet to be revealed. It's entirely possible (and more likely) that Zoroark is just a Dark-type, but the wording of the Coro Coro scan and the shape of it's body suggests that Zoroark may have a second type.

beastofbrawl
13th February 2010, 2:58 AM
Agreed with Grei on that thought.

I really hope that it is dual type though and that it's part fighting part dark....I don't know where everyone is seeing fire though.....Just because it has red hair doesn't mean it's fire type.

bobandbill
13th February 2010, 2:59 AM
Hmm, interesting. I'll guess we'll have to wait for confirmation on Zoroark then, although we do know it is at least Dark-type. XD

Have to say I quite like how they look, really, even if the amound of hair difference between the two seems a touch much to me. But I have little complaints with their looks, really.

RiRiGaGaLover
13th February 2010, 3:11 AM
imo, zoroark looks much better standing up.

Silver_Seoul
13th February 2010, 3:29 AM
Yea...this does get a little bland without the even a simple dash of speculation...but I understand the reason for its ban. A lot of off-topic Spam can be produced from even the slightest mention of "5Th Gen pogeyManz."

OnTopic: I like Zoroark either way, standing or on all-fours. But as a sprite in-game I see him standing. I think the four-legs thing is only for the anime, while it's...idk, chasing Celebi or something. To help it gain speed, y'know.

Duality Ninja
13th February 2010, 3:33 AM
To be honest, I think Zoroark looks pretty cool. I like how his name is all like "Zorro", that badass from teh movies. I definetly see him on my team, and I think, from him being a fox and etcetera that this guys is going to be best as a sweeper, and probably special considering he's Mr. Illusionsguy.

yaminokame
13th February 2010, 3:36 AM
I don't mind having them as pure dark type, we're only speculating because Coro Coro only put one of them as being a pure dark type, the other was just referred to as dark.

Coro Coro said that they were Dark types, but according to the translations, Zorua was a PURE Dark type, while Zoroark was only said to be Dark type. That's how it was worded--which could insinuate that Zoroark has a second type.

Zorua - Pure Dark Type
Zoroark - Dark Type

^that sort of wording could possibly hint that Zoroark has a second type that has yet to be revealed. It's entirely possible (and more likely) that Zoroark is just a Dark-type, but the wording of the Coro Coro scan and the shape of it's body suggests that Zoroark may have a second type.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to end this right now, Corocoro NEVER used that wording. Pure was added by websites and was not mentioned EVER. They are both Dark-type Pokemon and got the same treatment from corocoro regarding wording.

Thank you, have a nice day ^^

zennyrpg
13th February 2010, 3:38 AM
I don't really think Zoroark looks fighting. I feel like it should have more hand-like hands/ fists.

warnerbroman
13th February 2010, 3:40 AM
wow from an place I won't mention, it look like a black Renamon.

Jb
13th February 2010, 4:33 AM
I think he looks better on all 4s

Bronzong
13th February 2010, 5:00 AM
Was Lucario's 2nd type revealed right away? I'm hoping Zoroark is Dark/Fighting type, to rival Lucario and his Fighting/Steel type combination. I think this is the best chance we'll get at a Dark/Fighting type.

Beastly Knight
13th February 2010, 5:13 AM
Could the this pokemon be liked to the Distorted world, what with the whole illusion thing sounding similar to Giratina's powers

GetThunderStruck
13th February 2010, 5:31 AM
http://i50.*******.com/2wdvmzb.png

i did this, idk if it's good but yeah

R_N
13th February 2010, 5:40 AM
Was Lucario's 2nd type revealed right away? I'm hoping Zoroark is Dark/Fighting type, to rival Lucario and his Fighting/Steel type combination. I think this is the best chance we'll get at a Dark/Fighting type.

Yes, it was.

And they've quite plainly just said it was a Dark type. Considering they went out of their way to show it's pre-evo, weight, height, and make no mention of a second type, but did make mention of revealing it's ability, it's Pure dark.

Why is this so hard to believe.

Typhlosion Trainer
13th February 2010, 5:44 AM
I think he looks better on all 4s

I think it looks good either way

Why is this so hard to believe.

Ppl just want Zoroark to be dual-typed like Lucario is when it was revealed.

Beastly Knight
13th February 2010, 5:50 AM
Has any one else noticed the eye and band color difference in the two scans.
I'm thinking it could be the gender difference indicating it being a normal pokemon that just happens to be improtant to a movie

Bronzong
13th February 2010, 6:00 AM
I just want more unique type combinations... Pure Dark isn't unique. Dark/Fighting is unique, and would have been the perfect counterpart/parallel to Lucario, but for some reason they decided to not give Zoroark a second type.

If he's not Dark/Fighting, I hope there's another Pokemon in Generation V that is.

DBK
13th February 2010, 6:03 AM
Has any one else noticed the eye and band color difference in the two scans.
I'm thinking it could be the gender difference indicating it being a normal pokemon that just happens to be improtant to a movie

The common thinking on that, that was mentioned in the other thread, is that one is the anime art while the other is the game art. Since each is rendered differently, that would explain the difference in eye color and hair band color.

Another slightly less possible suggestion was that it could be some sort of mood-ring behavior.

Hoped that help.

As for the types. they are most definitely dark. However, for arguments sake, if Big Z were to have two types, it would be either dark/psychic or dark/fire given its mastery of illusion and its look.

On a side note: I leave the forums for one day and the Little Z/Big Z thread is closed? Man, it must have gotten chaotic.

edit:

I just want more unique type combinations... Pure Dark isn't unique. Dark/Fighting is unique, and would have been the perfect counterpart/parallel to Lucario, but for some reason they decided to not give Zoroark a second type.

If he's not Dark/Fighting, I hope there's another Pokemon in Generation V that is.

I don't understand why people think it is a parallel or counterpart to Lucario. Other than a similar frame, it bears no resemblance to Lucario and does not have the features for a fighting type. And it's role in the movie and the game is probably more important than Lucario's. And it is probably stronger, too. I believe that it is a completely new, distinct pokemon.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 6:08 AM
Do keep in mind that the new generation is probably going to introduce some new gameplay mechanic that hasn't been in any previous games, plus new moves and abilities.

Looking at Zoroark, I can say that I think it will be speedy and have one powerful attacking stat (or possibly mixed offense) and poor defenses like Lucario or Weavile.

It may possibly have some kind of powerful new Dark type attack, or new stat boosting attacks which will distinguish it from similar dark types. I'm curious to see just how different it will be from Weavile as a dark-type sweeper.

Stat wise, I would certainly hope that it's faster than Ninetales so it can compete with other OU sweepers.

As for an ability, it probably does have something to do with illusions. Perhaps an evasion-raising ability of sorts, but I'm hoping it will be something more unique and useful.

As long as it's fast and has decent attacks and an interesting movepool, I think it will be useable.

dannydstk
13th February 2010, 6:09 AM
ive been putting some thought into the whole zoroark transforming stuff and i believe this will have no effect on the game. i doubt hell have special powers in the same way lucario doesnt have aura powers in the game (except aura sphere i knowsome idiot will bring that up) soooooo i believe hell just be an average pokemon

DBK
13th February 2010, 6:19 AM
Do keep in mind that the new generation is probably going to introduce some new gameplay mechanic that hasn't been in any previous games, plus new moves and abilities.

Looking at Zoroark, I can say that I think it will be speedy and have one powerful attacking stat (or possibly mixed offense) and poor defenses like Lucario or Weavile.

It may possibly have some kind of powerful new Dark type attack, or new stat boosting attacks which will distinguish it from similar dark types. I'm curious to see just how different it will be from Weavile as a dark-type sweeper.

Stat wise, I would certainly hope that it's faster than Ninetales so it can compete with other OU sweepers.

As for an ability, it probably does have something to do with illusions. Perhaps an evasion-raising ability of sorts, but I'm hoping it will be something more unique and useful.

As long as it's fast and has decent attacks and an interesting movepool, I think it will be useable.

Considering how it looks and it's mastery of illusion, I think it would be more of a special attacker with high special defense and high speed. the rest of the stats feel like they would be low or mediocre at best. I do agree that it's ability should be new/unique and ties in to its mastery of illusions. And hopefully the movepool reflects that, too.

~Spacial_Rendation~
13th February 2010, 6:32 AM
I'm guessing that this Pokemon has a 99&#37; chance of learning Subsitute?

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 6:39 AM
Or some kind of illusionary alternative to substitute.

I reckon it'll learn Faint attack at some point though.

I don't see why people are thinking it will have average stats though. Most of these special pokemon who are revealed as promotions for new gens are quite powerful, especially those who have a starring role in movies. Lucario certainly ended up with nice stats.

Torosiken
13th February 2010, 7:15 AM
looks like fire/dark type?

I wonder what legendaries will be there, stronger than arceus? *can't imagine*

Busterella
13th February 2010, 7:20 AM
Since somebody asked, here's the Kabuki/ Japanese mask/ Japanese fox art pic dump again, showing Zoroark's likely inspirations:

http://i49.*******.com/2yo2ur4.jpg
http://i49.*******.com/fof4gl.jpg
http://i45.*******.com/2ekkkev.jpg
http://i48.*******.com/6s7tde.jpg
http://i46.*******.com/30d80w4.jpg
http://i50.*******.com/2lshev9.jpg
(notice the dots)
http://i45.*******.com/117h3kl.jpg
http://i48.*******.com/2z99zyr.jpg
http://i48.*******.com/15nvdzn.jpg
http://i50.*******.com/2whijaf.jpg

So yeah, it's not a wolf/gothic/the Joker/girly/ any such thing.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 7:46 AM
So Ninetales is a Kyuubi (nine-tailed fox god) and Zoroark is just an ordinary Kitsune or kabuki? (demon fox)

doesn't really make much sense, since Zoroark seems like it will be much more significant and powerful compared to Ninetales.

Busterella
13th February 2010, 8:10 AM
"Kabuki" is a type of Japanese theater (which often told stories about trickster foxes), not a type of mythological fox.

A nine tailed fox is not really a "god", it is a very old and powerful fox (The whole word is "kyūbi no kitsune" which just means "nine tailed fox", a "normal" kitsune that grew old enough to grow many tails). I think the many points in Zoroark's hair are meant to suggest many tails, but it does not literally have tails in order to keep the look of a Kabuki actor rather than a literal, realistic fox.

Shiny hunter Reece
13th February 2010, 8:12 AM
Well i personally think Zoroark will be able to learn alot of nice moves like maybe Night Slash maybe Detect. I also can see him knowing one fighting move maybe close combat

Me too. It has claws, which will be used for claw based attacks like dragon claw.
I have a feeling it'll have fighting moves. I just know it. It looks like it would learn them.

Well since we only have Houndoom and HOundour for dark.fire types, i would like to see that in Zoroark. I also hope for dark/fighting he kinda looks like a fighter to me

You would LIKE to see that? This isn't a 5th gen wishlist thread. You're straying a little off topic.

It does look like a wolf with the colour, but since when does
pokemon + logic = success?
It is based more on a fox than a wolf, from what I can see.

these are two pokemon,that are very..unrevealed at the time.they have great pictures.thet somehow seem somewhat similar, in concept,to riolu and lucario.

Similar? They're not similar, which has been argued in this very thread.
However, they will probably be "parallels" a bit, because I think you'll get Riolu in one and Zoroa in another.

Besides we dont have alot of pure dark types. So maybe more would be cool but im really hoping it would be part fighting.

Pure dark types would be nice, and it looks like Zoroa and Zoroark are pure dark types. But this thread is not a 5th gen wishlist.

Lipstick? I never noticed that. *Looks at scan* You're right, there does seem to be something there, but it might not be lipstick.

Probably. It has claws, right?

Magikarp and Gyarados say hi.

I was making reference to the fact that Zoroa looks like a mouse with Popsicle sticks for legs; I'm exaggerating of course but you get my point. Seriously though it's definitely one of the most awkward pre-eveolutions I've seen.

And the whole growlith comparison, since growlith is esentially a dog and Zoroa a Fox that means they're of the same genus. Growlith actually has feet and knees. From the image we've seen Zoroa's legs look like sticks. o.O

I think Zoroa looks fine.

Yea...this does get a little bland without the even a simple dash of speculation...but I understand the reason for its ban. A lot of off-topic Spam can be produced from even the slightest mention of "5Th Gen pogeyManz."

OnTopic: I like Zoroark either way, standing or on all-fours. But as a sprite in-game I see him standing. I think the four-legs thing is only for the anime, while it's...idk, chasing Celebi or something. To help it gain speed, y'know.

Yes. About the all fours for speed thing. All fours is faster than two legs.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to end this right now, Corocoro NEVER used that wording. Pure was added by websites and was not mentioned EVER. They are both Dark-type Pokemon and got the same treatment from corocoro regarding wording.

Thank you, have a nice day ^^

That's the sad thing. Pokemon websites add words to try and set off more speculation. It never works. It's usually proven fake.

Can I remind people that THIS IS NOT A 5TH GEN WISHLIST. SPECULATE ON CONFIRMED INFO ONLY.

I don't want this thread to be closed either. Stop it, It's annoying and pointless.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 8:32 AM
Oh I see now. I was getting kabuki and kyuubi mixed up.

So it's not exactly based off the actual fox spirit itself, but more the actors who play the fox spirits, hence the long red hair and painted face.

Very interesting.

Busterella
13th February 2010, 8:34 AM
So it's not exactly based off the actual fox spirit itself, but more the actors who play the fox spirits, hence the long red hair and painted face.

Very interesting.

Yeah, I believe that's what it is based of visually. I imagine it's behavior will be like that of a "real" fox spirit, though.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 8:46 AM
Come to think of it, I'm surprised it's coloring isn't white instead of black.

BCVM22
13th February 2010, 8:56 AM
That would be sort of counterintuitive for Dark-types, don't you think?

Will-powered Spriter
13th February 2010, 9:34 AM
That would be sort of counterintuitive for Dark-types, don't you think?

Absol is arguably more white then black, although it des have some black on it.

Murky
13th February 2010, 9:43 AM
I can sort of see why people might think it is fighting type, but you have to ask yourself, WHY WOULD THEY KEEP IT SECRET?!

Unless it is something surprising, like a new type or something, there is no need, or reason, to keep a second type from us.

And anyway, if there is a secondary type, I reckon it will be fire - noticing what is pretty much a flame on the top of Zorua's head.

Also, 'Ark looks nothing like Lucario, it may have been different when he was just a silhouette, but it is time for those auraholics to give up and realise that, despite their minor similarites - like being in a movie and not a legendary - they are likely not connected in any way.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 9:59 AM
Other than them having a similar overall body shape and both being canines.

Patterns in Pokemon tell us that if 2 pokemon species have similar body shape and/or are variations of the same theme, they're generally some kind of unspoken counterpart.

But having said that, I don't think these two will have any connection with Riolu/Lucario

Murky
13th February 2010, 10:28 AM
Other than them having a similar overall body shape and both being canines.

Patterns in Pokemon tell us that if 2 pokemon species have similar body shape and/or are variations of the same theme, they're generally some kind of unspoken counterpart.

But having said that, I don't think these two will have any connection with Riolu/Lucario

Which ones have had this unspoken counterparting, whilst being in seperate generations?

Genuinely, I am asking because I don't know..

I do know what you mean, I - like you - just think that, in this case, they are too far apart in both appearence and, so far, in typing that nobody can claim any connection. We don't know what the power of illusions is, so no similarities can really be drawn between that and Lucario's aura ability.

We need more news..

weaviledarkrai
13th February 2010, 10:41 AM
I think Zororark will not have a high sp attack :/

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 10:42 AM
Taurus + Miltank was one pairing that spanned a generation gap. Pinsir and Heracross are another. But back in the day Pinsir and Scyther were supposed to be counterparts.

Nacreous
13th February 2010, 11:03 AM
I think Zororark will not have a high sp attack :/ prob a high attack,a good sp def & awesome speed

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 11:28 AM
Dark types tend to have high attack rather than special attack as a rule of thumb. But for all we know it could be a trend breaker. It wouldn't be too big of a problem if they introduce some more powerful special dark moves.

Shiny hunter Reece
13th February 2010, 11:35 AM
I think Zororark will not have a high sp attack :/

If dark types have higher attack as a "rule of thumb", then maybe Zoroark will break the trend?

I don't think Gamefreak will keep it the same for much longer. If it gets too repetitive, then people lose interest. They might break the pattern to make things more interesting, thus making more money.

A lot of things are centered around profit these days.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
13th February 2010, 1:57 PM
prob a high attack,a good sp def & awesome speed

See: Weavile.

Nacreous
13th February 2010, 2:20 PM
See: Weavile.
I know Weavile's stats

Hydrohs
13th February 2010, 2:32 PM
If dark types have higher attack as a "rule of thumb", then maybe Zoroark will break the trend?

I don't think Gamefreak will keep it the same for much longer. If it gets too repetitive, then people lose interest. They might break the pattern to make things more interesting, thus making more money.

A lot of things are centered around profit these days.

Introducing another Dark type with high Special will not net Gamefreak/Nintendo any more money than usual. How many people purchase Pokemon based off what stats the Pokemon have? There are very, very few.

Things have always centred around profits.

ZombieMeatballs
13th February 2010, 2:38 PM
Anyone notice that the movie discription doesnt match up with the new pokemon?

It says that the champion z is a dark Ash, but the Z comes from the japanese name of Zoroark.

Side note: My theory is that mabye Zoroark can transform into dark people

Hydrohs
13th February 2010, 2:43 PM
Anyone notice that the movie discription doesnt match up with the new pokemon?

It says that the champion z is a dark Ash, but the Z comes from the japanese name of Zoroark.

I believe we already know that Zoroak can transform into humans, so that would explain the dark Ash.

ZombieMeatballs
13th February 2010, 2:45 PM
I believe we already know that Zoroak can transform into humans, so that would explain the dark Ash.

Interesting

Agosta44
13th February 2010, 2:48 PM

Welcome to 5 days ago.

Beastly Knight
13th February 2010, 3:14 PM
When is the next 5th gen Pokemon released to the public?
;359;

~-Overheat-~
13th February 2010, 3:19 PM
Zorua looks too similar to Shinx.

I think Zorua would be found in the wild, unlike Riolu. I'm not sure about Zoroark.

Maybe this gen's champion will own one.

Skirgedot
13th February 2010, 3:24 PM
;359;

Somewhere between today and the game's release date.

Aggression
Zorua looks too similar to Shinx.

I think Zorua would be found in the wild, unlike Riolu. I'm not sure about Zoroark.

Maybe this gen's champion will own one.

cats/wolves/dogs/foxs are very similar. shinx is based off the sphinx. zorua is based off evil deceptive foxes of legend.

Mario with Lasers
Just to be sure: Had Game Freak announced Chatot to be a pure-Flying pokémon when it was revealed?

Note that I do not want to know what you "heard of". I want to know if CoroCoro/pokémon.com specifically said it would be pure-Flying (as in announcing it as "Type: Flying" or "Type: pure Flying!!!1!").

Aggression
13th February 2010, 3:28 PM
Just to be sure: Had Game Freak announced Chatot to be a pure-Flying pokémon when it was revealed?

They did that on accident. oh and the next pkmn is/are coming in a week. CoroCoro always reveals a few.

Aggression
13th February 2010, 3:28 PM

They did that on accident. oh and the next pkmn is/are coming in a week. CoroCoro always reveals a few.

Grei
13th February 2010, 3:39 PM

Are you positive?

Are you absolutely sure that Coro Coro will reveal them next week?

You will not be terribly, mistakenly wrong when, come next week, there is no new Pokemon to be revealed?

If not, then don't say that it will happen. You're spreading false information. We have no indication that new Pokemon will be coming anytime soon, other than the fact that the next gen is planned for release towards the end of this year. That's all.

[/lots of bold and italics]

Zalman
13th February 2010, 3:46 PM
These two Pokémon came from the leaked CoroCoro. We probably won't see more until the issue released next month (around March 15th).

Yamikarasu
13th February 2010, 3:53 PM
These two Pokémon came from the leaked CoroCoro. We probably won't see more until the issue released next month (around March 15th).

Or until the next CoroCoro is leaked, which will probably be sooner.

Why isn't there a general speculation thread?

Serebii
13th February 2010, 3:55 PM
These are the correct details

Zorua & Zoroark were revealed in the issue of CoroCoro scheduled for release on February 15th. We got it early. These two Pok&#233;mon are also set to be revealed in Pok&#233;mon Sunday on February 21st.

CoroCoro hinted we'll get new Pok&#233;mon in the next issue due out March 15th

End of discussion. There won't be any new ones next week

Pamizard
13th February 2010, 3:59 PM
For his ablity Mybae zoroark can have Pressure, Inner Focus, or an entirely new ability ^_^

And i like zoroark on its hind legs.

flygonabsol99
13th February 2010, 4:07 PM
i can see zoroark with substitute,being the illusion guy.also i can see him with shadow claw,night slash,etc.

Shiny hunter Reece
13th February 2010, 4:10 PM
Introducing another Dark type with high Special will not net Gamefreak/Nintendo any more money than usual. How many people purchase Pokemon based off what stats the Pokemon have? There are very, very few.

Things have always centred around profits.

Maybe I am exaggerating it a bit.

But they still might change it a bit because I have known people to lose interest in pokemon because it gets repetitive and boring. Gamefreak might change things to keep hold of the older fans.

Hydrohs
13th February 2010, 4:19 PM
;359;

Somewhere between today and the game's release date.

Way better than what I was gonna say xD

But they still might change it a bit because I have known people to lose interest in pokemon because it gets repetitive and boring. Gamefreak might change things to keep hold of the older fans.

You've known people to lose interest because stats are usually similar? The number of people who lose interest for that reason is just way to low for Gamefreak to do anything about it.

Aggression
13th February 2010, 5:24 PM
Are you positive?

Are you absolutely sure that Coro Coro will reveal them next week?

You will not be terribly, mistakenly wrong when, come next week, there is no new Pokemon to be revealed?

If not, then don't say that it will happen. You're spreading false information. We have no indication that new Pokemon will be coming anytime soon, other than the fact that the next gen is planned for release towards the end of this year. That's all.

[/lots of bold and italics]

They said new ones soon, some guy above me proved you wrong already. It may not be next week but most of this "confirmed" info is hearsay.

also(guy above me), i doubt people would quit pokemon over such things as similar stats. Honestly every gen thus far has been fun. as online/graphics evolve we'll have ps4 graphics with amazing online play eventually. With depth so awesome you can't stop playing.

Clubfoot
13th February 2010, 5:26 PM
The Evolved form Zorua( sorry don't know hot to spell it looks kind like a wolf hound if you ask me, and looks cool on all fours, When performs a special attack it should be on all fours, but physical on two legs.

Shiny hunter Reece
13th February 2010, 5:53 PM
Way better than what I was gonna say xD

You've known people to lose interest because stats are usually similar? The number of people who lose interest for that reason is just way to low for Gamefreak to do anything about it.

I never said that. I said that I've known people lose interest in pokemon because it gets repetitive and boring. The stats thing was just one of many examples. That is why I think that Gamefreak will change things a bit, even if it is just a few small things. They won't drastically change things. Just enough to make it less repetitive.

This is starting to stray off topic. This is a pokemon speculation thread, and this is getting a bit close to general discussion. Any future replies to this can be directed to the 5th gen social group.

WKS
13th February 2010, 7:09 PM
Im really liking the look of zoroark but i hate his pre-evolved form

chosen_one386
13th February 2010, 7:20 PM
i can see zoroark with substitute,being the illusion guy.also i can see him with shadow claw,night slash,etc.

So could I. It's clear that this Pokemon will have so illusary abilities...maybe even an ability that causes the opponent to become confused when he is hit by a physical attack.

cloudacmaster
13th February 2010, 7:57 PM
Well it's an interesting first 5th gen poke.

I hope it has an interesting dual type.

This could have gone/been a lot worse.

Silver_Seoul
13th February 2010, 8:15 PM
Umm, can people stop with the dual-type thing? ._.

Like someone above posted, what reason would they have to keep a secondary type secret? The "pure dark" and just "dark" was all a misunderstanding, as Yaminokame pointed out.

And even if it had a secondary type, I'm sure it wouldn't be kept hidden from the public. Only reason it would have to do so is maybe introducing a new type, although this is highly unlikely. Besides, what other forms of "elements" could there be left? Light is still in a way possible, but it's highly unlikely. Magic? All Pokemon are magic, no use in that. "Magnetic" or "Gravitational?" I suppose these are possible, but steel just about covers these on its own. I honestly just can't see a new type being added. I see where people are speculating that Z'Ark would/could be a [Dark/Fighting] or [Dark/Fire] but to be honest, the chances of him having a second type are relatively low. Of course, I'm not saying it's entirely impossible. B/c i have no idea the way Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever operates. >.<

Ksemanr
13th February 2010, 9:20 PM
They said new ones soon, some guy above me proved you wrong already. It may not be next week but most of this "confirmed" info is hearsay.

You specifically told someone new Pok&#233;mon will be revealed in a week. He was correcting you on you're mistake. And the other guy you think was correct him, was actually correcting you, because CoroCoro hinted at new Pok&#233;mon being revealed next MONTH NOT NEXT WEEK. Seriously, you're lack of being able to comprehend human language, along with you're lack of basic common sense and deducting skills drove me to the point of creating an account just to correct you, rather than staying a lurker like I usually do.

Honestly, how could you get "OMGZ NEW POKEYMANS IN 1 WEEK!!" from hints at Pok&#233;mon being revealed in a month?

Ememew
13th February 2010, 9:21 PM
Are we still allowed to talk about how we think Zorua evolves into Zoroark? I hope it isn't just through a normal level-up. Given how cool it looks and its important upcoming movie role (as well as being the introduction to gen V), I doubt it would evolve too normally.
Maybe (for the people who wanted a Mightyena evo), it evolved when leveled up with a Mightyena in the party! Hope not, though.
Maybe on the full moon, though new moon might be better for a dark-type. Someone mentioned this earlier, and I still like it.

pokenoob
13th February 2010, 9:25 PM

i can easily see Zoroark using shadow sneak, and shadow ball. not to menchon dark puse/void

R_N
13th February 2010, 9:33 PM
Umm, can people stop with the dual-type thing? ._.

Like someone above posted, what reason would they have to keep a secondary type secret? The "pure dark" and just "dark" was all a misunderstanding, as Yaminokame pointed out.

And even if it had a secondary type, I'm sure it wouldn't be kept hidden from the public. Only reason it would have to do so is maybe introducing a new type, although this is highly unlikely. Besides, what other forms of "elements" could there be left? Light is still in a way possible, but it's highly unlikely. Magic? All Pokemon are magic, no use in that. "Magnetic" or "Gravitational?" I suppose these are possible, but steel just about covers these on its own. I honestly just can't see a new type being added. I see where people are speculating that Z'Ark would/could be a [Dark/Fighting] or [Dark/Fire] but to be honest, the chances of him having a second type are relatively low. Of course, I'm not saying it's entirely impossible. B/c i have no idea the way Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever operates. >.<
And if there was a second type, why not hype that as well, like with the ability.

WHAT OTHER TYPE COULD THIS POKEMON HAVE?!?!
ALL SHALL BE REVEALED NEXT MONTH!!!

and so on

Kaasuti
13th February 2010, 10:06 PM
It'd be nice for it to have another type, i'm going to stop going on about that now, i diddn't realise it was a misunderstanding.

I'm just happy with the whole design of Zorua and Zoroark, i think they're very original choices, lets just hope the other Pokemon are like this.

GetThunderStruck
13th February 2010, 10:29 PM
He was correcting you on you're mistake.

Can I correct you on you're mistake?

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
13th February 2010, 10:58 PM
Honestly, how could you get "OMGZ NEW POKEYMANS IN 1 WEEK!!" from hints at Pokémon being revealed in a month?

It may not be next week but most of this "confirmed" info is hearsay.

You specifically told someone new Pokémon will be revealed in a week. He was correcting you on you're mistake.

Your*. This is me correcting your own mistake.

Seriously, you're lack of being able to comprehend human language, along with you're lack of basic common sense and deducting skills drove me to the point of creating an account just to correct you

Completely unnecessary and irrelevant to what he posted. Who are you to say he has a lack of common sense and deducting skills? Do you know this fellow in real life?

If you made an account just to jump someone for a minor mistake, you must have absolutely nothing better to do.

DBK
13th February 2010, 11:00 PM
I had a thought on Little Z's evolution. What if the leader of the villains in the 5th gen used Big Z? And that they happened to be keeping an egg of it as well. You could obtain the egg while beating the leader. As a result of the battle, Big Z get petrified somehow (either through a loss of energy or a massive use of energy) but the statue would still resonate with the leftover energy. Then to evolve Little Z you had to go back to the statue of Big Z at a certain time of night on a certain day and level it up near the statue? It would be like how you get leafeon or glacion with a nod to the celebi stone/landmark concept in the colosseum games. That would be interesting.

DBK
13th February 2010, 11:01 PM
edit: crap it double posted again. sorry i was logged off mid-post. not my fault.

Ryanide
13th February 2010, 11:13 PM
For all we know it could possibly even have Transform.

ZombieMeatballs
13th February 2010, 11:15 PM
Awsome new dark pokes!!!

Aggression
13th February 2010, 11:17 PM
You specifically told someone new Pokémon will be revealed in a week. He was correcting you on you're mistake. And the other guy you think was correct him, was actually correcting you, because CoroCoro hinted at new Pokémon being revealed next MONTH NOT NEXT WEEK. Seriously, you're lack of being able to comprehend human language, along with you're lack of basic common sense and deducting skills drove me to the point of creating an account just to correct you, rather than staying a lurker like I usually do.

Honestly, how could you get "OMGZ NEW POKEYMANS IN 1 WEEK!!" from hints at Pokémon being revealed in a month?

Wow, what an *** hat. Did you even check the other locked thread? Hundreds of members said "in a week". I'm just coping what they said. Not even to mention you JUST said it was a hint. They can reveal crap whenever then feel like it. They pulled this same crap in gen3. They showed an episode with 3rd gen pokemon and they said they'd wait months before saying more. A week later everything was shown except the kitchen sink. That other guy WAS correcting him, not me. Reread it moron.

Aggression
13th February 2010, 11:18 PM
You specifically told someone new Pokémon will be revealed in a week. He was correcting you on you're mistake. And the other guy you think was correct him, was actually correcting you, because CoroCoro hinted at new Pokémon being revealed next MONTH NOT NEXT WEEK. Seriously, you're lack of being able to comprehend human language, along with you're lack of basic common sense and deducting skills drove me to the point of creating an account just to correct you, rather than staying a lurker like I usually do.

Wow, what an *** hat. Did you even check the other locked thread? Hundreds of members said "in a week". I'm just coping what they said. Not even to mention you JUST said it was a hint. They can reveal crap whenever then feel like it. They pulled this same crap in gen3. They showed an episode with 3rd gen pokemon and they said they'd wait months before saying more. A week later everything was shown except the kitchen sink. That other guy WAS correcting him, not me. Reread it moron. This is what happened.

Me: In a week
him: in a month
me: no one really knows, nothing is truely confirmed unless it already happened, maybe not a week, tons of people said a week, i guess they were all wrong. someone must have mistranslated when i read it.
you: GTFO NUB!!! IT MONTH &%$$^%$&%$%^ OMFG I TROLL SO HARDDDDD.

treeco123
13th February 2010, 11:20 PM
I think Zoroark is a starter Pokemon(I also think he looked better on four legs than on two)

BCVM22
13th February 2010, 11:23 PM
I think Zoroark is a starter Pokemon(I also think he looked better on four legs than on two)

With only two stages and not a starter type? I don't think so.

koolhk
13th February 2010, 11:28 PM

Zorua & Zoroark were revealed in the issue of CoroCoro scheduled for release on February 15th. We got it early. These two Pokémon are also set to be revealed in Pokémon Sunday on February 21st.

CoroCoro hinted we'll get new Pokémon in the next issue due out March 15th

May I ask, or if anyone could answer,
Where did it hint at New Pokemon Next Month? I read a translation of Both Pages and if it was right there weren't any hints?

Serebii
13th February 2010, 11:33 PM
May I ask, or if anyone could answer,
Where did it hint at New Pokemon Next Month? I read a translation of Both Pages and if it was right there weren't any hints?
The preview for next month's issue. It was a seperate scan that we didn't post

Oh yes, and CoroCoro is not revealling anything next week.

CoroCoro was not meant to be out til Monday, we got leaked scans. CoroCoro is a monthly publication, not weekly.

Serebii
13th February 2010, 11:40 PM

CoroCoro was not meant to be out til Monday, we got leaked scans. CoroCoro is a monthly publication, not weekly.

Aggression
13th February 2010, 11:41 PM

So that's why everyone said next week. They hadn't translated the "next month" scan.

TheTwobizzle
14th February 2010, 12:23 AM
Dragonair -> Dragonite
Meowth -> Persian
Pupitar -> Tyranitar
Metapod -> Butterfree

etc.

supersarepi
14th February 2010, 12:31 AM
Serebii, could you please post the translations of that scan? I want to be sure that I'm not hyping myself over the thought of more new pokes for nothing.

Grei
14th February 2010, 12:32 AM
Are we still allowed to talk about how we think Zorua evolves into Zoroark? I hope it isn't just through a normal level-up. Given how cool it looks and its important upcoming movie role (as well as being the introduction to gen V), I doubt it would evolve too normally.
Maybe (for the people who wanted a Mightyena evo), it evolved when leveled up with a Mightyena in the party! Hope not, though.
Maybe on the full moon, though new moon might be better for a dark-type. Someone mentioned this earlier, and I still like it.

Yeah, is this allowed, Serebii/other mods?

Apparently, Zorua evolves into Zoroark though a new method? I believe that's what was said. I personally like the idea of an evolution through lowest happiness.

If not, I'm not sure what it could be.

TheTwobizzle
14th February 2010, 12:43 AM
Dragonair -> Dragonite
Meowth -> Persian
Pupitar -> Tyranitar
Metapod -> Butterfree

etc.

supersarepi
14th February 2010, 12:53 AM
I think its either during a new/full moon or during a specific month/on a specific day of the week.

Coach
14th February 2010, 1:08 AM
I think its either during a new/full moon or during a specific month/on a specific day of the week.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe even a certain time of the day? It's not impossible for them to program moon phases into the games.

ungulateman
14th February 2010, 1:23 AM
I'd guess it evolves of high friendship at night time, or while holding a particular item, like Weavile does.

Flame Haji
14th February 2010, 1:30 AM
I'd guess it evolves of high friendship at night time, or while holding a particular item, like Weavile does.
Ya but didn't it say Zorua evolves into Zoroark though a new method? Or something like that. Pokemon evolve like that already so it needs to be something new.

Floydyboy
14th February 2010, 1:54 AM
Zorua looks strangely Shinx to me...........

minredd
14th February 2010, 2:11 AM
So? Pokemon still evolve by leveling up and poking them with magical stones. For all we know it's get to xx level to evolve.

Light-The-Archangel
14th February 2010, 2:12 AM
Zorua looks strangely Shinx to me...........

It reminds me of Starly!! lol

Cryptozoologist
14th February 2010, 2:14 AM
Zorua looks like Sonic the Hedgehog's girlfriend, and Zoroark is Lucario and Suicune's love child.

Do I win?

Aggression
14th February 2010, 2:17 AM
Why so many methods? jesus i wish it was just a dusk stone you know?

chosen_one386
14th February 2010, 2:27 AM
Zorua looks like Sonic the Hedgehog's girlfriend, and Zoroark is Lucario and Suicune's love child.

Do I win?

Yes. yes, you did.

I kind of like the idea of the moon cycle evolution. Fits this Poke, you know?

Grei
14th February 2010, 2:34 AM
A moon cycle evolution would suck. Pretty much any evolutionary requirement that would involve some sort of real-world timing, besides day/night, would suck--that would include seasons, certain dates and, yes, moon cycles.

You'd have to wait until the New Moon (assuming it'd be the new moon) before being able to evolve a Zorua. What if you missed it? You'd have to wait until the cycle made a full revolution. Even if this was worked into the games, it'd still be too time-consuming. Unless it goes

Day 1 - New Moon
Day 2 - Waxing Moon
Day 3 - Full Moon
Day 4 - Waning Moon

Or something like that, it likely will not be incorporated. A day-based evolution would work better, though it still wouldn't be very good to use.

chosen_one386
14th February 2010, 2:43 AM
A moon cycle evolution would suck. Pretty much any evolutionary requirement that would involve some sort of real-world timing, besides day/night, would suck--that would include seasons, certain dates and, yes, moon cycles.

You'd have to wait until the New Moon (assuming it'd be the new moon) before being able to evolve a Zorua. What if you missed it? You'd have to wait until the cycle made a full revolution. Even if this was worked into the games, it'd still be too time-consuming. Unless it goes

Day 1 - New Moon
Day 2 - Waxing Moon
Day 3 - Full Moon
Day 4 - Waning Moon

Or something like that, it likely will not be incorporated. A day-based evolution would work better, though it still wouldn't be very good to use.

If (and it's a big if) Zorua turns out to be a rare Pokemon or such, a moon-based evolution wouldn't be too farfetch'd (XD). If it's a common one, then, a moon cycle evolution would just be too much work.

R_N
14th February 2010, 2:54 AM
So how does a fox relate to the moon again

CSolarstorm
14th February 2010, 2:55 AM
Zorua has Shinx's eyes, and it's size class, but that's it. It's eyes are triangular instead of circles.

I don't think moon cycles have much to do with evil foxes. That's going off werewolves and it's already been revealed not to be a werewolf.

Ememew
14th February 2010, 2:56 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, people are willing to wait months for games/events, so why not for an in-game full moon? I would prefer something less time-specific, like the suggestion of lunar phases happening quicker in the Pokemon world, though.
The other thought I had was: level up after beating something it's weak against. Since Zorua's a Dark-type, that would mean Fighting or Bug (unless I'm missing something). This is unlikely, however, because Bugs would probably be too easy to find.

Grei
14th February 2010, 3:00 AM
If (and it's a big if) Zorua turns out to be a rare Pokemon or such, a moon-based evolution wouldn't be too farfetch'd (XD). If it's a common one, then, a moon cycle evolution would just be too much work.

If Zoroark is the parallel to Lucario that some of us think it is, I would guess that Zorua would be fairly difficult to obtain. But that's my personal opinion and guess, since we have no indication of it either way.

Light-The-Archangel
14th February 2010, 3:02 AM
I don't think moon cycles have much to do with evil foxes. That's going off werewolves and it's already been revealed not to be a werewolf.

Yeah.. The first Naruto related pokemon.. Woo..

Time for everyone to move on from the night-evolution thoughts.

chosen_one386
14th February 2010, 3:08 AM
Zorua has Shinx's eyes, and it's size class, but that's it. It's eyes are triangular instead of circles.

They don't, but moon cycles DO fit dark-types. I'm not looking at moon cycles to fit the type of animal Zorua is based off of, I'm looking at moon cycles to fit Zorua's element. Just something new. And, who knows? We may get a werewolf Pokemon sometime this generation? Anything is possible.

It doesn't.

As I mentioned in the other thread, people are willing to wait months for games/events, so why not for an in-game full moon? I would prefer something less time-specific, like the suggestion of lunar phases happening quicker in the Pokemon world, though.
The other thought I had was: level up after beating something it's weak against. Since Zorua's a Dark-type, that would mean Fighting or Bug (unless I'm missing something). This is unlikely, however, because Bugs would probably be too easy to find.

Well, we've got the changing daytime/nightime (which, they foollishly did away with in the 3rd gen), so maybe the next step is a moon cycle.

Hrm, that evolution idea is interesting, but since dark-types are, like you said, weak to fairly common types, that idea is kind of non-probible. Woah, wait...that's not a word. >_>

BCVM22
14th February 2010, 3:09 AM
Yeah.. The first Naruto related pokemon.. Woo..

The concept of the "demon fox" originates from Japanese mythology and is hundreds of years old. It did not spring forth from Pokémon, Digimon, Naruto, Inu-Yasha or any other anime, manga or video game that has made use of it.

DBK
14th February 2010, 3:11 AM
Who says that the "new" method is separate and distinct from the established methods? Wouldn't a yet unused combination of the methods be considered "new"? Following that logic, I would think that an item/location/time of day combination would be the most practical. It is a little difficult but doable. The location would be hard to get to without certain items/accomplishments(badges, key items etc) and the item would be hard to get, too.

R_N
14th February 2010, 3:36 AM
Who says that the "new" method is separate and distinct from the established methods? Wouldn't a yet unused combination of the methods be considered "new"? Following that logic, I would think that an item/location/time of day combination would be the most practical. It is a little difficult but doable. The location would be hard to get to without certain items/accomplishments(badges, key items etc) and the item would be hard to get, too.

Why would the location and item be hard to get?
That seems a bit arbitrary.

The location or items we have now, while not in great abundance, have never been hard to get, find, or use. Chances are once you get the pokemon, you'll be able to evolve it soon after. Only exception I can think of would be Glaceon, where you have to wait a fairly long time from Eterna (or was it Hearthome) to get there. But once there it's good to go and not even that hidden.

RiRiGaGaLover
14th February 2010, 3:45 AM
i think maybe zorua should evolve at night while using a dusk stone. double evolution!!!

koolhk
14th February 2010, 3:56 AM

Not to be annoying but Unown-Lord said he saw a scan of the Preview and all it mentioned was revealing Zorua and Zoroark's Abilitle's Next Month?

What did it say, did it hint Multiple New Pokemon?

CSolarstorm
14th February 2010, 3:58 AM
The concept of the "demon fox" originates from Japanese mythology and is hundreds of years old. It did not spring forth from Pokémon, Digimon, Naruto, Inu-Yasha or any other anime, manga or video game that has made use of it.

They didn't say it sprang forth from from Naruto, they just called it a Naruto related Pokemon. It's a connection which is natural to make since the "demon fox" originates from Japanese mythology and is hundreds of years old. What do you think of Zoroark, anyway? Do you like it, don't like it, or is it a non-issue for you?

DBK
14th February 2010, 3:59 AM
Why would the location and item be hard to get?
That seems a bit arbitrary.

The location or items we have now, while not in great abundance, have never been hard to get, find, or use. Chances are once you get the pokemon, you'll be able to evolve it soon after. Only exception I can think of would be Glaceon, where you have to wait a fairly long time from Eterna (or was it Hearthome) to get there. But once there it's good to go and not even that hidden.

It wouldn't be that hard. I just meant that it would take a little more effort to reach the place and acquire the item than normal. It would still be doable pre-elite 4 so as to complete the region's dex. Think the amount of effort it took to get Spiritomb then add a little more. Something like that.

pokefooleycooley
14th February 2010, 4:06 AM
i think zorua will have to faint _ number of times

R_N
14th February 2010, 4:19 AM
It wouldn't be that hard. I just meant that it would take a little more effort to reach the place and acquire the item than normal. It would still be doable pre-elite 4 so as to complete the region's dex. Think the amount of effort it took to get Spiritomb then add a little more. Something like that.But why make it so hard to get?

What seems to make Zorark so special that it gets something more obnoxious.

CSolarstorm
14th February 2010, 4:20 AM
But why make it so hard to get?

What seems to make Zorark so special that it gets something more obnoxious.

It's the Ruler of Illusions and has it's own movie, so it's special.

R_N
14th February 2010, 4:29 AM

*thrusts finger at Lucario*

DBK
14th February 2010, 4:32 AM

Beat me to it :) Considering it is the main pokemon of the new movie, whose name is it's title, and that we can assume that it's able to take on the likes of celebi and the legendary beasts, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is of a higher class then the normal pokemon but not quite as high as a legendary. Therefore it should take a little more effort to acquire it.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 4:33 AM
...Last time I checked Lucario was special ._. [not the stat: special, btw.]

And Z'Ark seems to be getting the same treatment, or so it seems.

Coach
14th February 2010, 4:35 AM
Maybe Zorua evolves after using a certain move at a certain level?

DBK
14th February 2010, 4:37 AM
...Last time I checked Lucario was special ._. [not the stat: special, btw.]

And Z'Ark seems to be getting the same treatment, or so it seems.

True, but Lucario wasn't the first reveal for the 4th gen. That would make this pokemon that much more important.

Coach
14th February 2010, 4:37 AM
Beat me to it :) Considering it is the main pokemon of the new movie, whose name is it's title, and that we can assume that it's able to take on the likes of celebi and the legendary beasts, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is of a higher class then the normal pokemon but not quite as high as a legendary. Therefore it should take a little more effort to acquire it.

This is why I hope it has a unique ability.

Prisimviere
14th February 2010, 4:38 AM
This Pokemon might be similar to Lucario. It has a pre-evo and it looks like a pseudo-legendary Pokemon to me :/

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 4:42 AM
The more I see Z'Ark on all-fours the more it grows on me...

But yeah, this will go down in history as the first ever fifth-generation Pokemon. Not sure Munchlax was the greatest idea to showcase the firsts of Gen.4 ;__; [Munchlax was first right?]

And Zorua, I just have to get him! In the game, and/or as a plushie!!! It's like...the most evil looking fluffy thing ever!!!

DBK
14th February 2010, 4:49 AM
This is why I hope it has a unique ability.

You and me both :)

edit:

But yeah, this will go down in history as the first ever fifth-generation Pokemon. Not sure Munchlax was the greatest idea to showcase the firsts of Gen.4 ;__; [Munchlax was first right?]

*shakes head* unfortunately Munchlax was...

Coach
14th February 2010, 4:51 AM

And Zorua, I just have to get him! In the game, and/or as a plushie!!! It's like...the most evil looking fluffy thing ever!!!

I like Zoroark in either position (pervs gtfo.)

Yeah Munchlax debuted in Pokemon Dash. Zoroark is much much better.

I could see Zorua becoming some sort of emo icon among the female population. I just wish people wouldn't think the games are all "I wuv u Pikachu!"

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 4:57 AM
Haha, yeah, I was just saying I could tolerate Z'Ark being on all-fours OR in its bipedal form/. Either way, he's still awesome.

Yeah, Munchlax < Z'Ark and Zorua. Seriously...haha.

I'm a male ._. I guess looking back it did sound somewhat feminine...but still, I need an evil furry plush to sit and guard my bed.

>.>

<.<

Coach
14th February 2010, 4:59 AM
I wasn't implying you're a girl. But girls just eat cutesy stuff like Zorua up.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 5:11 AM
Yeah, I noticed what u meant there now. :P My mistake. And yeah, Pikachu...Piplup...Clefairy...Jigglypuff...

I never really like "cute" Pokemon. With a few exceptions, such as Eeevee and Zorua here...

Coach
14th February 2010, 5:17 AM
I just can't get over how similar Zorua is to so many other Pokemon but still original enough to be great.

R_N
14th February 2010, 5:23 AM
I like Zoroark in either position (pervs gtfo.)

Yeah Munchlax debuted in Pokemon Dash. Zoroark is much much better.

I could see Zorua becoming some sort of emo icon among the female population. I just wish people wouldn't think the games are all "I wuv u Pikachu!"Munchlax debuted in Destiny Deoxys, actually.
Unless you're talking about games, rather then in general.

Part of me still thinks that maybe one of the Zoros will make some appearance in Ranger 3, but then again I suppose it would have been mentioned by now, huh? Coming out next month and all.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 5:24 AM
Yeah, I see components of Shinx, Eevee, Vulpix, and some other Mon that I can't think of right now, and yet it's as though I've never seen anything like it...eh. That's Pokemon for you. I just wonder how Sugimori has been doing it for all these years ._.

And you can't help but wonder who will take over once he dies...as like, y'know...the main designer...

Waalchastazoor
14th February 2010, 5:32 AM
I know how ridiculous this is going to sound but, what if Zorua evolves into Zoroark at night, which obviously means boosted stats and opportunities to learn more powerful moves, but devolves to Zorua again in the daytime?

A hideous, yet brilliant thought.

koolhk
14th February 2010, 5:34 AM

Munchlax(who I love) was revealed First for Generation Four most likely because it was to Early for a Generation Four Legendary or a Pokemon like Lucario, especially considering Deoxys and Rayquaza were the main Legendaries for Destiny Deoxys and also because Munchlax is Marketable, in my opinion he was the Cutest Baby Pokemon in Generation Four^^

Edit: He was also familar, because he was related to Snorlax that made him even more Marketable^^

Coach
14th February 2010, 5:35 AM
Part of me still thinks that maybe one of the Zoros will make some appearance in Ranger 3, but then again I suppose it would have been mentioned by now, huh? Coming out next month and all.

It wouldn't be a shocker to me. They'll probably have some extra mission where you have to save one from the bad guys. They probably haven't mentioned it yet (assuming there is one) cause up until this week nobody knew these Pokemon existed.

DBK
14th February 2010, 5:41 AM
Munchlax in my opinion was the Cutest Baby Pokemon in Generation Four^^

Mime Jr. is waving at you :)

It wouldn't be a shocker to me. They'll probably have some extra mission where you have to save one from the bad guys. They probably haven't mentioned it yet (assuming there is one) cause up until this week nobody knew these Pokemon existed.

Now there's an interesting idea :)

Coach
14th February 2010, 5:41 AM
Munchlax(who I love) was revealed First for Generation Four most likely because it was to Early for a Generation Four Legendary or a Pokemon like Lucario, especially considering Deoxys and Rayquaza were the main Legendaries for Destiny Deoxys and also because Munchlax is Marketable, in my opinion he was the Cutest Baby Pokemon in Generation Four^^

Edit: He was also familar, because he was related to Snorlax that made him even more Marketable^^

They could've just as easily revealed something else from Gen IV, you must admit. They haven't revealed a baby first this time (imo there won't be many if any at all this Gen.)

koolhk
14th February 2010, 5:42 AM
The more and more I look at Zorua and Zoroark the more I like them,
Zorua is just so cute(much cuter then Riolu), yet at the same time so mysterious,
Same goes for Zoroark, he just looks so cool(much cooler then Lucario),
Even though I get the feeling Generation Five will have a Dark Gym I kinda hope(even though they probably will), they dont have Zorua and Zoroark in their team, I like the idea of them being very "Exclusive" if you know what I mean^^
Both of them are definitely some of my Favourite Currently Revealed Pokemon and both are a Great Way to start Generation Five^^

R_N
14th February 2010, 5:47 AM

True, but you'd think they mention it in this issue, yeah?

Still wouldn't be surprised at a cameo somewhere in there, or just an off-hand mention by some NPC

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 5:48 AM
MyGawdIHopeThere'sADarkGymThisTime ._.

But speculations aren't allowed, so...

OnTopic[~ish): I think a really great Pokemon to start off the showcasing of Gen4's Pokes would have been Bidoof. Seriously, anyone who's seen the beast knows he looks entirely more epic than this "Zoroark" character. Pssh, 4Th Gen. Bidoof could pawn this 5Th Gen. Fox anyday ;]

koolhk
14th February 2010, 6:07 AM
They could've just as easily revealed something else from Gen IV, you must admit. They haven't revealed a baby first this time (imo there won't be many if any at all this Gen.)

While I agree with you that Generation Five probably won't have many Baby Pokemon(i'm hoping atleast 3 this Generation) Munchlax was actually a wise move.

Generation 4 had alot of Pre-Evolutions and Evolutions so they should show of one of them, they needed something Cute for the Movie because Plusle and Minun had already been seen so they can't add an evolution, what Pre-Evolution in Generation Four evolved into the most comical, seen and marketable Pokemon, Munchlax!
That's why I think it was a good idea^^

Generation Five will most likely be like Generation One and Three in the sense it will probably have lot's of New Pokemon and not many Pre-Evolution's and Evolution's.
Every Two Generation's it's Brand New Pokemon not related to any other Pokemon Currently Revealed and the other Generation's are usually mainly Pre-Evolution's and Evolution's^^

Pkmn Breeder Jack
14th February 2010, 6:35 AM
Zorua/Zoroark just seem a tad too similar to the Lucario line for me, what with the early showcasing and the movie star thing going on. Still, he looks pretty cool.

CSolarstorm
14th February 2010, 6:49 AM
I know how ridiculous this is going to sound but, what if Zorua evolves into Zoroark at night, which obviously means boosted stats and opportunities to learn more powerful moves, but devolves to Zorua again in the daytime?

A hideous, yet brilliant thought.

I like that one! And you know how it's eternal daytime in Ruby and Sapphire? What if some of the Hoenn Pokemon can evolve in a similar way at night, and then devolve?

The thing that makes Zoroark exceptionally beastly is that during the day it's only a little Zorua, and the thing that makes Zorua smug is that it will turn into a Zoroark at night.

firelovindocker
14th February 2010, 7:42 AM
Gee, I've grown to love how these pokemon look
when Zorua first game out I gated it but now I realise it's awesome

and my mouth is watering over a shiny zoroark I can imagine white hair and gold tips :)

and my mouth is watering over the shiny form of zoroark, gold tips with a white mane

JohnDoe
14th February 2010, 9:09 AM
I reckon they both look pretty cool, I'm getting used to them (not that I ever hugely thought negative of them). Looking forward to more gen 5 pokes, which brings me to - did Corocoro mention revealing more new pokemon next month in its march/april issue?

Shiny Bashamo
14th February 2010, 9:18 AM

Or perhaps a statue thingy like in MD? There where Weavile, lucario and Mime Jr statues right?

Shiny hunter Reece
14th February 2010, 9:38 AM

It's a dark type. They won't break the starter type tradition because the idea is this:

grass is good against water, and can't damage fire types easily
water is good against fire, but it can't hurt grass types easily
fire is good against grass, but it can't damage water types easily

If the starters were psychic, fighting and dark, then the psychic type can't damage the dark type AT ALL, which is against the tradition. If the psychic type was just not as effective against dark, it would work.

It's a bit hard to explain. Either that or I can't be bothered to type a better explanation.

Why so many methods? jesus i wish it was just a dusk stone you know?

Too easy. Gamefreak won't make games too easy. Yes I know evolution isn't the entire game difficulty, but if you can get stronger pokemon easily, then you can win trainer battles easily. It's more fun if you go through a lot of hard work to get the pokemon.

I don't really get that myself, to be honest.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 9:46 AM
It's not the fox being related to the moon, it's more th general concept of Z'Ark being a dark-type, and anything dark could be associated with the moon.

Which brings up a theory-
Have Zorua level up while holding a dusk stone at precisely 11:59 p.m. However, he MUST be on route 332 at exaclty six dimensions north and three dimensions west. He must have battled two-hundred bug-types and pwn'd an uber bidoof in order to meet the mystical evolution pokemon, dldkog0orjg. Then, u battle him and if u lose, black out, hit on nurse joy then run outside and immediately ride your bike to hoenn, he'll evolve. xDDD lol. [/sarcasm]

Nebbio
14th February 2010, 10:14 AM
They both look like they are the bomb.

supersarepi
14th February 2010, 12:07 PM
I reckon they both look pretty cool, I'm getting used to them (not that I ever hugely thought negative of them). Looking forward to more gen 5 pokes, which brings me to - did Corocoro mention revealing more new pokemon next month in its march/april issue?

Apparently they said something about new pokes in the preview of the next issue.

Could someone please post the translation of the preview as confirmation of this though?

Dante Falls
14th February 2010, 2:29 PM

Day 1 - New Moon
Day 2 - Waxing Moon
Day 3 - Full Moon
Day 4 - Waning Moon

It's hardly convulted or time-wasting, you can easily set forward the DS clock to the right day for a Full Moon, simple.

Plus, considering that there are Pokémon like Feebas, which unless you have a walkthrough, you're probably not going to realise how to get it. Or the legendaries- like the Regis, where you have to decypher Braille, then having a Pokémon that can only evolve every 1 in 28 nights, isn't hard.

What'd be interesting, alongside weather conditions, and lunar cycles, would be Solar Eclipses (obviously, they'd be more common than they usually are, once every 6 months, or a year), or something like Solar Flares, which'd make Sunny Day like effects on the field.

Blaziryu
14th February 2010, 2:39 PM
I don't know guys, but I don't think the Generation 5 PKMN will be that great. I mean, the previous generation introduce us to the Pokemon god & other deities. How's Gen V going to match that? And Zoroark isn't doing it for me. It's just one of those PKMN that'll receive major hype because it's promo & design. To me, it just looks like a Dark type of Lucario.

Archangel
14th February 2010, 2:47 PM
Apparently they said something about new pokes in the preview of the next issue.

Could someone please post the translation of the preview as confirmation of this though?

Heres your confirmation x)
vvvv

Zorua & Zoroark were revealed in the issue of CoroCoro scheduled for release on February 15th. We got it early. These two Pokémon are also set to be revealed in Pokémon Sunday on February 21st.

CoroCoro hinted we'll get new Pokémon in the next issue due out March 15th

Zalman
14th February 2010, 2:53 PM
Man, this is gonna be a long month. Can't wait to see more. >.>

BynineB
14th February 2010, 2:57 PM
Moon based evolution? That wouldn't work.. what if you were on a plane going to a different country while playing the DS? Would it be able to figure that out?

Pamizard
14th February 2010, 3:09 PM
All day yesterday i was thinking about ideas for possible egg type moves for Zoroark

Maybe Superpower or Close Combat. He maybe could also learn Spite or Crush Claw.

As for Tm's, well it depends on whatever old ones they keep.

And if X scissor doesnt be a tm again next generation that can also be an egg move

Dante Falls
14th February 2010, 3:49 PM
Moon based evolution? That wouldn't work.. what if you were on a plane going to a different country while playing the DS? Would it be able to figure that out?

Obviously it wouldn't be based on the actuall Lunar Calender, just a preprogrammed one. Obviously you don't go abroad in the game, you stay inside the same region, so it'd be the Region's lunar calender.

Indragon
14th February 2010, 3:51 PM
Nah, I think the TM list will be the same. Then again, they've been carrying on about how "entirely new" 5th gen will be, so... who knows?

I'm hoping for a few strong fighting moves, Close Combat would be the best and I hope Zoroark gets it. It'll have to be physically-oriented for that to happen though.

Arceus, The Original One
14th February 2010, 3:55 PM

Day 1 - New Moon
Day 2 - Waxing Moon
Day 3 - Full Moon
Day 4 - Waning Moon

And also it's basically just a more advanced version of Day/Night Evolution, so I doubt this would be it, also these games are supposed to be aimed at children, so it would be too complicated.

SharpedoSteve
14th February 2010, 4:53 PM
1st impressions on them are that they look pretty kool :D
I really like the look of Zoroark and i can see the resemblances to the Japanese theatre that some people have been talking about. It looks like it could be a very good pokemon in games... and on the standing/all fours talk, i prefer him standing lol.
For Zorua, i like his design but i think he is pretty ugly...don't find him cute at all. But that shouldn't have any effect on how it will be.

Phantom champion Z
14th February 2010, 5:21 PM
did they say anything on pokemon sunday, to those who have access tothe show.

Light-The-Archangel
14th February 2010, 5:25 PM
It's hardly convulted or time-wasting, you can easily set forward the DS clock to the right day for a Full Moon, simple.

Plus, considering that there are Pokémon like Feebas, which unless you have a walkthrough, you're probably not going to realise how to get it. Or the legendaries- like the Regis, where you have to decypher Braille, then having a Pokémon that can only evolve every 1 in 28 nights, isn't hard.

What'd be interesting, alongside weather conditions, and lunar cycles, would be Solar Eclipses (obviously, they'd be more common than they usually are, once every 6 months, or a year), or something like Solar Flares, which'd make Sunny Day like effects on the field.

To this day I still don't know how the hell to get a Feebas.. >_>

I think the Solar and Lunar effects would be a genius concept to add to the game.

Hydrohs
14th February 2010, 5:33 PM
Obviously it wouldn't be based on the actuall Lunar Calender, just a preprogrammed one. Obviously you don't go abroad in the game, you stay inside the same region, so it'd be the Region's lunar calender.

But an evolution based off an event that happens that rarely would be a huge pain. Just having to evolve at night would make more sense.

SharpedoSteve
14th February 2010, 5:36 PM
Just had a small thought, if Zoroark and Zorua ARE based on the theatre actors, maybe Zorua's evolution will be based on something newly added that has a connection to that?... i have no idea what it could be lol... but it was just a thought :D

Jigglypuff5000
14th February 2010, 5:43 PM
And also it's basically just a more advanced version of Day/Night Evolution, so I doubt this would be it, also these games are supposed to be aimed at children, so it would be too complicated.

I don't know, as long as they kept it to 4 or 5 moon phrases total then it wouldn't be that difficult for the average child gamer to pickup [as they're generally not as stupid as big businesses make them out to be].

GSC had a pretty extensive array of Day/Night events, which is more than the proposed moon phrases - it was quite a bit to remember if you hadn't a game guide [which I didn't back then].

Not to mention there's 492/3 pokemon now [depending on whether you count Nidoran female and male as separate species, which I personally don't].

I can't think of any new evolution methods myself - as it's not as though Nintendo would want to dabble in the 'neglect your pokemon to make it evolve!' suggestions people keep making...

I'll be curious to see what new methods [if any] are implemented.

Grei
14th February 2010, 5:45 PM
Just had a small thought, if Zoroark and Zorua ARE based on the theatre actors, maybe Zorua's evolution will be based on something newly added that has a connection to that?... i have no idea what it could be lol... but it was just a thought :D

Theatre-based evolution. New Contest performances that involve theatrical portions--enter Zoroark in that, and he'll evolve.

Ok, that'll never happen, but still.

Light-The-Archangel
14th February 2010, 5:53 PM
Theatre-based evolution. New Contest performances that involve theatrical portions--enter Zoroark in that, and he'll evolve.

Lmao!! Yeah that would really suck.

R_N
14th February 2010, 5:55 PM
SO wait wait, how are convoluted moon phases any less sucky then contests.

pokemonster2191
14th February 2010, 5:55 PM
Is it possible for it to evolve by a low happiness level? Or do Pokemon naturally have the lowest "amount" of happiness at the time of capture?
The full moon idea is cool but predicting the next full moon for a number of years is nigh impossible. Programing that into a game is less possible, and you can't see the sky in these games so you wouldn't know there was a full moon in the game unless someone tells you. I feel like that involves way too much to evolve one pokemon.

SharpedoSteve
14th February 2010, 6:06 PM
Taken from wiki (i know :P) but this gives reference about the ball on it's hair/tail... (wiki search term is Kitsune)

Hoshi no tama (ほしのたま)
Kitsune glowing with fox-fire gather near Edo. Print by Hiroshige.

Depictions of kitsune or their possessed victims may feature round or onion-shaped white balls known as hoshi no tama (star balls). Tales describe these as glowing with kitsune-bi, or fox-fire.[38] Some stories identify them as magical jewels or pearls.[39] When not in human form or possessing a human, a kitsune keeps the ball in its mouth or carries it on its tail.[13] Jewels are a common symbol of Inari, and representations of sacred Inari foxes without them are rare.[40

Pamizard
14th February 2010, 6:10 PM
You know i was thinking that well you know how u have to raise beauty in feebas to evolve into Milotic. I dont think it'll happen but mayb emax out on of the others (maybe tough) and have Zorua evolve into Zoroark that way

Jigglypuff5000
14th February 2010, 6:14 PM

That'd be pretty coolio methinks actually. Though it'd just be a variant of the Location-Evolution.

I wonder if CoroCoro was just speculating themselves...

And on the moon thing, the screen could just flash the respective moon on a night BG [like the Location Perspectives when you enter a new area]] as night comes. Again, as I've mentioned, it's not that complicated compared to things that have gone before.

SudovVoOdO
14th February 2010, 6:22 PM
Didn't they announce something special on pokémon sunday? Or did already someone mention it at the forums..

Grei
14th February 2010, 6:34 PM
Taken from wiki (i know :P) but this gives reference about the ball on it's hair/tail... (wiki search term is Kitsune)

Hoshi no tama (ほしのたま)
Kitsune glowing with fox-fire gather near Edo. Print by Hiroshige.

Depictions of kitsune or their possessed victims may feature round or onion-shaped white balls known as hoshi no tama (star balls). Tales describe these as glowing with kitsune-bi, or fox-fire.[38] Some stories identify them as magical jewels or pearls.[39] When not in human form or possessing a human, a kitsune keeps the ball in its mouth or carries it on its tail.[13] Jewels are a common symbol of Inari, and representations of sacred Inari foxes without them are rare.[40

That's interesting. Makes me think that Zoroark might be more Special-Oriented than Physical... though I'd prefer both, and just have it lack in Defense/Sp. Def.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had it's own special move, 'Fox Fire', or something.

You know i was thinking that well you know how u have to raise beauty in feebas to evolve into Milotic. I dont think it'll happen but mayb emax out on of the others (maybe tough) and have Zorua evolve into Zoroark that way

That wouldn't be a new method of evolution, that's an existing method of evolution used in a different way. Modified but existing evo method =/= a brand new one, necessarily.

R_N
14th February 2010, 6:40 PM
Maybe we just give Zorua the little hairpiece and it evolves. Like a stone, but reusable.

If you'd so like to make it convoluted it, it can only work at night. Perhaps requires holding and leveling up.

Pamizard
14th February 2010, 6:42 PM
That wouldn't be a new method of evolution, that's an existing method of evolution used in a different way. Modified but existing evo method =/= a brand new one, necessarily.

Well i know that it wont be a new method. I was just saying that it could be possible that they will add moer evols for maxing out all the contest stats

yaminokame
14th February 2010, 6:59 PM
I wonder if CoroCoro was just speculating themselves...

Well, I guess technically corocoro didn't do any speculation on the matter on their own part. They sort of just left an open-ended question that people took as a hint when it could or could not be.

↓Reference↓

進化
ゾロアからゾロアークのように進化するポケモンも健在!新しい進化方法は見つかるのか!?
Evolution
As always there will also be Pokemon that evolve like Zorua into Zoroark! Will a new evolution method be found!?

So really it's all based on whether you think that applies to Zorua/Zoroark or not :p

Didn't they announce something special on pokémon sunday? Or did already someone mention it at the forums..

The 2/21 episode is probably the one you're talking about, and they will announce Zoroark and possibly Zorua :p

Chimchar15
14th February 2010, 7:06 PM
Man I just hope phantomholics don't ruin this Pokemon for me. I want to be able to use this Pokemon when the 5th gen games are released in the U.S.

abisal
14th February 2010, 7:10 PM
I predict that they'll simply have Zorua be a gift from a secondary character. Kinda like Eevee, Togepi or Lucario.
Eitherway, I am not fond of the design of either Zorua or Zoroark. Zorua's head is so big it shouldn't be capable of walking. Zoroark reminds of "The Batman"'s Joker.

Brave Birdy
14th February 2010, 7:54 PM
I think it would be cool if Zoroark evolved when reaching the max amount of EVs (total, not just in one stat). The full moon idea is cool, but I don't see it happening to be honest.

R_N
14th February 2010, 7:56 PM
Well, I guess technically corocoro didn't do any speculation on the matter on their own part. They sort of just left an open-ended question that people took as a hint when it could or could not be.

↓Reference↓

So really it's all based on whether you think that applies to Zorua/Zoroark or not :p

The 2/21 episode is probably the one you're talking about, and they will announce Zoroark and possibly Zorua :p

So it's completely possible this is just PR fluff to sell magazines

Brave Birdy
14th February 2010, 7:58 PM
I think it would be cool if Zoroark evolved when reaching the max amount of EVs (total, not just in one stat). The full moon idea is cool, but I don't see it happening to be honest.

Phantom champion Z
14th February 2010, 8:10 PM

↓Reference↓

I agree with what you are saying about the evolution it is saying that there are more new pokemon that also evolve into others, and is asking if there are new methods. it may have a new evo , but i thinz zorua evolves after learnig a illusion related move.

~Dragon_Master~
14th February 2010, 8:37 PM
I wonder if Zoroarks sprite will be on two legs or four? And speaking of sprites, I'm kinda disappointed that we're gonna have sprites like D/P in the new games. I take it that they will be anyway, seeing as they're on the DS.

1ee7leader
14th February 2010, 9:29 PM
I got a solution, why not evolve at LVL 100? It's new and to my knowledge no Pokemon has done that before.

[/sarcasm]

DaAuraWolf
14th February 2010, 9:56 PM
I think that Zoroark`s sprite will show Zoroark on Two legs.Ever since TR's Meowth learned to walk on two legs,Every Meoth known after that was shown on two legs.

R_N
14th February 2010, 10:09 PM
I wonder if Zoroarks sprite will be on two legs or four? And speaking of sprites, I'm kinda disappointed that we're gonna have sprites like D/P in the new games. I take it that they will be anyway, seeing as they're on the DS.
Probably on two legs, with a 4 leg alt frame.

Now by "like DP" do you mean size? I suppose they could expand the area a little more with a few snips here and there.
Or do you mean sprites in general?

CSolarstorm
14th February 2010, 10:30 PM
What about vampiric evolution? Maybe Zoroark has to use the move "Bite" on Zorua, which gives it a status condition, and then after the battle it evolves? The opposing team, or a gym leader could have a Zoroark.

If Zoroark could devolve back to Zorua, I think they would be considered alternate forms and not different Pokemon.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 10:38 PM
^ I doubt that'd work, seeing as Gym Leader's run on a random generator. And IIRC, they'e set to avoid using ineffective/not very effective moves, and seeing as Dark types resist dark moves...they Gym wouldn't work out. Besides...I can't see a random trainer with Z'Ark, either, so that would only leave the possibilty of GymLeader/LeagueOfficial.

Just wanted to point that out. Nice theory, in general though.

Togekiss•Torchic
14th February 2010, 10:51 PM
Zoroark with a trainer on a route doesn't seems as amusing it might be on the elite four or something...

Archangel
14th February 2010, 11:21 PM
I JUST REALLY HOPE THERE'S A DARK GYM THIS TIME.

Please. It's the only type who's never gotten a Gym.
"/

Actually, now that you think about it: All five regions are now playable on the DS. Seven, if you count both Ranger regions.

DS -
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum = Sinnoh
Hg/Ss = Johto --> Kanto
Gen.5 Games = New Region
[Highly Likely] Ruby/Sapphire Remakes = Hoenn.

Then there's Fiore and Almia.
This thread is for the discussion of confirmed pokemon in 5th gen only , nothing else. Read the original post and the thread title next time people ;/. Not for wishlists or gen or region comparisons or discussion or anything else.

Silver_Seoul
14th February 2010, 11:28 PM
Umm, my apologies for the, uhh, off-topic spam...

Umm....yeah...Zoroark "/
Does anyone else..notice, his umm, ponytail holder thing-a-ma-jiggy? Maybe it's a power-up item for him?
[If this counts as speculation, again, sorry.]

If the Pokemon following feature still exists next generation, I can see Z'Ark on all-fours while following you, but in-battle I see him just standing...yeah...

TheLupineOne
14th February 2010, 11:34 PM
I bet the Pokémon League Champion has a Zoroark!

It worked for Cynthia, right?

Umm, my apologies for the, uhh, off-topic spam...

Umm....yeah...Zoroark "/
Does anyone else..notice, his umm, ponytail holder thing-a-ma-jiggy? Maybe it's a power-up item for him?
[If this counts as speculation, again, sorry.]

If the Pokemon following feature still exists next generation, I can see Z'Ark on all-fours while following you, but in-battle I see him just standing...yeah...

Her, Silver_Seoul. It's a her. In my eyes at least. But nice speculation. Too bad it's... speculation, but it IS Confirmed Pokémon Discussion.

As for the all-fours bit, maybe it'll be like Zangoose, he runs on all fours and battles on twos.

Naraku_Diabolos
14th February 2010, 11:43 PM
Zoro (using the name of the character from the TV/movies as a vigilante) + rua (pronounced "roo," rua is Gaelic for red hair or a redhead) = Zorua

Zoro (same as above) + roar (I will mention this 'why' below when I say the word roar) + ark (mainly from arcane) = Zoroark.

Oh, and if you're wondering, Zoroark may not be related to a fox. The most striking resemblence, if you play an online game (and these monsters are on Final Fantasy XI), Zoroark is based on Gnole.

I couldn't find a better picture of it on just the "gnole," but I got one from another one related gnole:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Naraku_Diabolos/Gnole-Lobison.jpg

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=5519

Gnoles are based on the Dark element in the game, and Zoroark is a Dark-type. MATCH. When you engage a gnole on FFXI in battle, they are first walking upright but then go on all fours; Zoroark can walk on two feet and all fours. MATCH. For the final match, if Zoroark does have the move "Moonlight" in its arsenal when these games are released, then Zoroark is definitely based on a gnole; gnoles in FFXI have a move to heal themselves and its potency increases or dwindles on the full moon in-game.

I never got to say what a gnole is, but here is information on a gnole ( http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gnole ) :

Gnoles (more commonly written as: gnolls) share many similarities to the were-hyenas of African bushman folklore. As well as the tall dog men (known as cynocephales) catorgoized by early European explorers. Their association with hyenas was more then likely due because of a hyenas tendency to dig up and eat human corpses. The Gnole originates from modern fantasy literature, specifically in the short story “How Nuth Would Have Practiced His Art Upon the Gnoles”, found in the collection of short stories: The Book of Wonder (1912) by Lord Dunsany (Edward Plunkett). These creatures were evil, cunning inhumans that were not described in much detail outside of collecting emerald and living in a house of some kind; the art accompanying the work portrayed them as giant ape-like creatures. The term gnole more then likely comes from the Middle English word noll meaning a troublemaker or hooligan. Gnoles in other representations are shown to usually be a half-man, half-wolf species of humanoid, with savage and aggressive tendencies.

So in turn, Zoroark may not be based on a humanoid fox but a wolf (for Zorua) and a gnole (gnoll) for Zoroark.

EDIT: I just read above on this thread and page about Zorua evolving into Zoroark. Well, if the DS has the ability with using a calendar, then it can also calculate the lunar phases of the moon (as well as the 5th Generation may use the calendars for seasons from the DS). So, if Zorua levels up on a full moon using the calendar, it will evolve into Zoroark.