PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering Pokemon:

Hengest
12th February 2010, 12:17 AM
Hello, I've been looking into Pokemon a lot recently and this seems like a decent place to discuss it so I thought I may as well register.

I suppose I should give a little information about myself:

I first got into Pokemon with Red/Blue. I, and most of my friends, played it far too much, even going to an event to get Mew at a shopping centre around here. Eventually I discovered the TV series and began following that. I still remember the first scene I saw - Ash fighting Scyther in the Pokemon league.

The next purchase was Yellow, which even if it was the same (almost) as Red I didn't mind too much, and played through that. I then got Gold when that came out and played it just as much as Red. Unfortunately my original Red cartridge broke/corrupted, Yellow is still MIA and then my Gold game got wiped at some point.

I also got Ruby when it came out but never completed it for various reasons, mostly due to me focussing on my school work. I lost track of the TV series around the same time as the most recent episodes were only shown on Sky as far as I know at the time and we stopped getting that at around the same time. So all in all Pokemon fell to the side.

Now, many years later, I'm studying for a masters in Medieval History at university and during idle conversation with some of my fellow students, pokemon popped up for some reason as one of 'those fun things you miss'. That got me thinking about it again for the first time in years, so I popped the first movie on, then the second one, then some old VHS tape recordings of the first few episodes, then started looking for my gameboy.....I'm sure you know the rest of it. Unfortunately(or fortunately depending on your point of view) it seems to have well and truly snagged my attention again just like it did when I was a kid.

So...here I am, with a lot of catching up to do. Step one I think is to finish (or restart and finish) Ruby at last :) .

Penguinist Trainer
12th February 2010, 1:01 AM
Welcome to Serebii. Read the rules and enjoy your time here.