PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Pokemon and I am an adult. Am I crazy?

Kuhk
18th February 2010, 8:10 PM
Hi fellow trainers,

I have become addicted to Pokemon. Pokemon Platinum to be specific. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that are adults between the age of 21-death addicted as I am? I don't know what to do?

Friend code: 2880 1373 9145

What the heck is this for? Its says its for trading and battling with friends. When I go to the Pokemon place no one is in there. What should I do?

I'm loving this though.....really. Should I tell anyone?

Kuhk

Displeased Owl
18th February 2010, 8:26 PM
you can add people with your friend code by writing it in your pal pad. if u havent got one yet go downstairs in the pokemon center to get it and all the info you need on how to get online and play. if you wanna tell people do what you want, no ones gonna hate on ya for it (unless theyre a douche).
welcome to pokemon and the forums anyhow kuhk hope you enjoy your stay :D

Jabbascript
18th February 2010, 8:33 PM
Welcome to the most EPIC game in the history of existence.

lol no srsly, it's awesome. I'm almost 17 and I've been playing since I was 6. And I'll undoubtedly still be addicted when I'm 21.

Kuhk
18th February 2010, 8:34 PM
Thanks Displeased Owl. I don't know when I will purchase Soulsilver or Heartgold. I work at a gamestop and boy have I been ready for these Pokemon games. I feel like I should be collecting all the other Pokemon before I start the latest one. I'm gonna master Platinum and then go back to the GBA games and catch what I can't there. This website has been mucho inspiration. Thanks!

Now I gotta go find some friend codes...

kabzy
18th February 2010, 8:37 PM
Hi and a slightly late welcome lol. You should buy HG cause its gold :D. Btw yes there are people your age who play pokemon. I know Calarus who is in my clan and he's 24 i think. Anyways have lotsa fun here ;)

Kuhk
18th February 2010, 8:38 PM
Jabbascript thanks for the Go for it!

I have been an avid gamer for many years. I didn't know what I was missing.

I might need some help from you to catch some rare pokemon. This game series is so good.

I want to try to trade but I barely have anything to trade yet.

Is there a site or info page on what I can do online with friends?

kabzy
18th February 2010, 8:41 PM
Hi and a slightly late welcome lol. You should buy HG cause its gold :D. Btw yes there are people your age who play pokemon. I know Calarus who is in my clan and he's 24 i think. Anyways have lotsa fun here ;)

Kuhk
18th February 2010, 8:47 PM
Kabzy I will get one of the new games as soon as I get some pokemon of my own! I'm wanting to "Catch them all" so I am gonna try to go through the games before and get them over to platinum. Can I switch them to Heartgold or soulsilver? Does it have enough space? Its blowing my mind.

I dont understand the migrate/transfer/trading stuff yet but I am very interested.

Jabbascript
18th February 2010, 8:47 PM
Haha np.

Yeah, some of my friends play pokemon while they're taking a break from fps'. :P

I'm probably not the best choice to consult. I'm just now getting into "competitive battling" (combo moves, breeding for certain stats, etc.) Up until this past year it was just me and my friends playing against each other. Pokemon's a lot more complicated than you'd think.

Umm.. well, you can go to pokemon.com, though I'm sure there's an article about it somewhere deep in the bowels of serebii.

EDIT: Oh! And you should join this klan: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=438377

ThousandMaster
18th February 2010, 9:50 PM
Don't worry, you're just slightly older than me (being 20 myself), and I can assure you that there are plenty of Pokemon fans outside the age group people expect pokefans to fall into. So welcome to serebii!

As for migrating/transferring, allow me to try to offer an explanation. When you can access the Pal Park, that's when you're allowed to Migrate Pokemon from Game Boy Advance games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) to the DS games. It just takes the Pokemon from one game and moves it to the other.

As for transferring, I don't know about transferring from the Ranger games, but many people use the term to refer to taking good Pokemon from one game and, using a second DS, trading them over to a new game in exchange for something useless to use them on the new game. For instance, when I get HeartGold, I plan on transferring over a low level shiny Beedrill and an Igglybuff egg for my HG team. (Don't judge me, I've been wanting to use Beedrill for a while.)

When it comes to trading, there are several methods. Wirelessly, where you and a friend with another DS and game go into the upstairs Union Room in a Pokemon Center and trade Pokemon through there. Over WiFi, which is what you use the Friend Code for. For instance, if we were to trade, I'd give you my Friend Code, and we'd enter each other's into our Pal Pads. Then we'd access Nintendo WiFi from the downstairs Pokemon Center room and trade through there. Then there's the GTS, which also requires WiFi, where you can upload a Pokemon and ask for another in return, then check back over time to see if anyone accepts, or search for a Pokemon and see if you have what the trader is looking for.

I hope that helps. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.