PDA

View Full Version : Can you change your name? And if yes, How?

Rhyperior vs. Sharpedo
20th February 2010, 4:58 AM
The title says it all. Lots of people REALLY want to change their name and i'm one of them.

Peter Quill
20th February 2010, 5:03 AM
Well once upon a time there was a Name Change Thread available.

Now a days, it just isn't feasible to keep a thread like that running. I'm not sure about the specifics, so you would have to ask a mod about that. It doesn't look like there's going to be one anytime soon though.

Cyber Cyclone
20th February 2010, 5:05 AM
Only admins can change people's names but they will not because, as they found in the previous change your user-name thread, too many people ask for it and they are sick of it. They have much better things to do and you really should be sure on the user-name you choose when you sign up. And if you weren't, I guess you just have to suck it up and get on with your SPPf-ing, I did. So the answer is no, you can't change your name and no-one else will do it for you.

Lbsweet96
20th February 2010, 5:10 AM
I have heard it dramatically increases lag here, so that would be a negative.

Ichi
20th February 2010, 5:15 AM
There used to be a thread explaining why it isn't happening any time soon, but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, the general idea is that unless you've made a legitimate typo in your name, it's not getting changed. Mainly because the last time they tried having a thread like that, it became too much of a hassle and people were constantly wanting to change their names on a regular basis.

Basically you're stuck with the name you created for yourself, and if it's really that much of a bother then you know next time to really think about a name before you choose it.

Chainsaw
20th February 2010, 5:17 AM
I wouldnt know i havent been here that long ):

Ethan
20th February 2010, 5:22 AM
I'm not supposed to say this but, you could just make a new account? It's not like you're going to get randomly IP checked. Now name changes are only given to moderators that want one.

I'm so fired.

Shining Mew
20th February 2010, 5:27 AM
Having a name change thread isnt possible at this time since using the admin panel to searches or something thats widescale like that kills the forums. Hell, even opening up the damn thing causes the place to lag. When I created the 5th gen forum, it took me over an hour just to add one little forum, make some threads, and change the preferences. This shouldnt have taken more than 10 minutes sans lag.

Vermehlo_Steele
20th February 2010, 6:09 AM
So even if you made a typo, it's a no go, huh?

Shining Mew
20th February 2010, 6:10 AM
We'll do typos, but if we did full out name changes like how the thread used to be, no one would ever be able to access the forums.

Shining Mew
20th February 2010, 6:17 AM
We'll do typos, but if we did full out name changes like how the thread used to be, no one would ever be able to access the forums.

foxyman1167
20th February 2010, 6:21 AM
Damn, its to late for me now, I've posted too many times to throw it away now. -_-

Ultimate Pokémon Master
21st February 2010, 6:42 PM
Crap, my name is ridiculously long, and it's a dumb name, I have no reason to claim the name I am using (Ultimate Pokémon Master), I'd much rather be Crimson Wolf. Guess I've just got to pay the price for being far more immature at the time that I first registered here, and be stuck with this name. :/

Bayleef HGSS
23rd February 2010, 12:32 AM

have im new can u change my name to Bayleef HGSS i made a typo and i put Bayleed HGSS