PDA

View Full Version : People...

coolice23
25th February 2010, 3:42 AM
what happened to the day when u just trained a pokemon and didnt care about ev's or iv's or anything. do these "ev trainers" even raise any pokemon without caring what there stats look like. i mean come on people, what happened to the good G/S/C days where u didnt have to worry about ev's and stuff like that. i dont know, people could think i am rediculous...

i mean i have ev trained a fair amount of pokemon in my gameplay experience but to me it seemed to ruin the game. when i got really into ev training i felt like i shouldn't even touch a pokemon without ev'ing it, i hated that feeling, thats why i have stopped ev training..

enough with my short rant, basically what i want to know is how many people out there still raise pokemon and not even worry about therr stats or natures or anything of that sort..

GamePlaya3159
25th February 2010, 6:28 PM
I don't really care about IVs but natures are so easy to get and EV training is more or less easy if you know what you're doing. I would rather have that little extra edge when it comes to the Elite Four or Red (HGSS). And you don't have to EV train right away. Just plant berries so you can lower the EVs you want when you're ready to EV train. And after you do EV train, you can attack what ever you want without having to worry about EVs.

Camcam
25th February 2010, 6:37 PM
I don't train for Ev either I just play the game for the joy that it brings to me. I actually just joined a group that was for people who don't train for competion or perfection. I train my pokemon for the joy of having a lv.100 pokemon. Getting it to that lv. without having to up its stats makes me feel as if I earned it. Although the EVs do help if you love to battle to show off.

Skull-Kid
25th February 2010, 6:45 PM
Ugh. I wish this subject would die. It's been done to death.

Casual play casual and competitive play competitive. EV training is fun for some people and you have no right to be telling them it "ruins the game". They just come back with the arguement of "Makes it more of a challenge". It's the same old rubbish every time.

EV training is good and it does make your Pokemon stronger than ones that aren't EV trained. Fact. I couldn't care less if your Sceptile was raised "naturally". It's still not "just as good" as an EV trained Sceptile. It's not cheating, illegal or hurting Pokemon. There's nothing wrong with being casual either. I myself and casual but do you see me complaining about it?

Play the game how you want and stop moaning about all the freakin' EV trainers out there.

Jeez.

Agonist
25th February 2010, 6:47 PM
i do iv breed, its easy as hell, and i ev train and get the right natures...all very easy

Camcam
25th February 2010, 6:56 PM
To the guy saying this forum should die. If getting on it was just going to make you complain why did even bother?

Skull-Kid
25th February 2010, 6:59 PM
To the guy saying this forum should die. If getting on it was just going to make you complain why did even bother?

I didn't say the forum should die. Hell no. I couldn't live without this place.

I'm just sick of the same arguement coming back and back and people whining and complaining about EV training.

Why can't people just let it go?

;078;

Camcam
25th February 2010, 7:10 PM
Oh well in that case I'm sorry. I can understand that

Cerex
26th February 2010, 2:07 AM
EV training is just an additional level some players put into training their Pokemon, especially if they are interested in competitive battling. EV training just requires more work and specificity than going to the nearest tall grass an battling something.

I am a casual player because that's what I'm into, but for players that want to raise the best then I say go for it. Just walking around having casual fun isn't for everybody.

ForteAnly
26th February 2010, 9:58 PM
I used to care for getting really good stats trough breeding but now not so much. I still ev train my entire team even if it's not for competitive reasons. I only try to get really good iv's for the pokemon I used for the Battle Frontier.

SagaciousSilence
2nd March 2010, 6:58 AM
I was really into EV training and competitive battling. I even joined Shoddy battle and got a high rank there, but now I've grown tired of competitive battling and worrying about EV training.

Now I just like to collect Pokemon and play for fun. Life is better without feeling guilty for not EV training a Pokemon.

poke-pownage
3rd March 2010, 2:37 AM
Personally, it is all a matter of being a serious gamer. as i have just joined a clan, i am ripping my in game team to shreds, and creating a brand new EVed and IVed team. if you aren`t in competitive battling, fine, you don`t need to ev train.

crazysteve1001
3rd March 2010, 2:42 AM
i cannot sit down and just train anyone for a long time. i could care less about evs, i just use pokemon if i think they look cool and have good moves.

Attack_Kitty
3rd March 2010, 2:50 AM
Couldn't care less.

A few extra stats isn't going to make or break my battles. Besides, EV training is boring.

Snicker
3rd March 2010, 5:58 PM
I don't see what's so awful about EV training. o_O'

I don't compete, too much bother. But I love to EV train none the less. It just makes me feel like I'm really, REALLY putting an effort into raising my cherished pokemon and developing a bond with them. It might be silly, but guess what - I don't care. :p

I don't breed for natures and I don't even check the IVs. I just take whichever I catch first and use that one.

But EVs? I just feel like it's a "sour grapes" thing where people who are too lazy to go through the effort to make their pokemon stronger are jealous of people who aren't and then start propagandas on how NO ONE should do it. >_>

It - is - OPTIONAL. If you think EV training is wrong (for God knows what reason), then don't do it.

Easy as pie. (^-^)y

Skull-Kid
3rd March 2010, 6:21 PM
A few extra stats isn't going to make or break my battles.

It actually will.

That's the whole point of EV training and IV breeding.

Attack_Kitty
3rd March 2010, 8:50 PM
It actually will.

That's the whole point of EV training and IV breeding.
Not the battles I fight.

I fight my friends who don't EV train. :p

TheFightingPikachu
3rd March 2010, 9:30 PM
Actually, Skull-Kid is correct. If you EV trained, you would likely defeat non-EV trainers more easily.

randomspot555
3rd March 2010, 9:49 PM
what happened to the day when u just trained a pokemon and didnt care about ev's or iv's or anything. do these "ev trainers" even raise any pokemon without caring what there stats look like. i mean come on people, what happened to the good G/S/C days where u didnt have to worry about ev's and stuff like that. i dont know, people could think i am rediculous...

EVs and IVs existed since Gen I (though IVs were called DVs, and EVs operated much differently). It's always been around. Just because you were much younger and ignorant of them doesn't nullify their existence at the time.

Actually, Skull-Kid is correct. If you EV trained, you would likely defeat non-EV trainers more easily.

It's technically impossible NOT to EV train since every Pokemon battle you get experience from you also get a certain amount of EVs in certain stats. It's just some do it to concentrate EVs in certain areas, and others don't pay attention.

Also, echoing Gameplaya. Breeding for natures and EV training is NOT hard at all. EV training, with Pokerus and the proper power items, might take 15 minutes at the most. Natures have a 50% of begin passed down during breeding from the female or Ditto (if it's the female role) if it holds an Everstone. And the Everstone item is usually obtained fairly easily.

On another note, did someone actually say that people who properly EV train might get beaten by those who don't? That's lol.

TheFightingPikachu
5th March 2010, 11:06 PM
It's technically impossible NOT to EV train since every Pokemon battle you get experience from you also get a certain amount of EVs in certain stats. It's just some do it to concentrate EVs in certain areas, and others don't pay attention.
"EV Training" has taken on a technical meaning that means specific EV Training. If that confuses anyone, it's a shame, but the technical sense is the one being used here. That said, I should clarify here. While everyone obtains EVs by battling Pokemon in the wild, not everyone attempts to train specific stats. This means that while everyone does get EVs, not everyone is attempting to train their Pokemon in a special way.

Also, echoing Gameplaya. Breeding for natures and EV training is NOT hard at all. EV training, with Pokerus and the proper power items, might take 15 minutes at the most. Natures have a 50% of begin passed down during breeding from the female or Ditto (if it's the female role) if it holds an Everstone. And the Everstone item is usually obtained fairly easily.
While I would agree in general with that idea, I don't think either of those are quite that easy. 15 minutes? I think that is just a bit too short.

On another note, did someone actually say that people who properly EV train might get beaten by those who don't? That's lol.
That's mostly LOL. However, in some cases, EV training doesn't guarantee quite so much. TRU Arceus (starts at lv. 100, can only be given vitamins) could still be a good addition to an Uber team.

~Silver Aura~
6th March 2010, 11:57 AM
I've tried EV training but it took far too long. So I'm gonna concentrate on getting the power items first. :) I don't see anything wrong with EV training if you want to do it then do it if you don't then don't it's your choice.

SoulSilverMstr411
6th March 2010, 12:14 PM
You've got 500 pokemon with perfect stats? Good for you. What else have you done with your life?

Purpleturtle
6th March 2010, 12:16 PM
I know what you mean since I sttarted EV training I can't except Pokemon with unknown EVs =)

Jewel
6th March 2010, 1:00 PM
I don't care. They are still Pokemon whatever the stats. Just be happy that you have caught them guys.

KGB13
6th March 2010, 1:33 PM
I see this argument time and time again and don't understand it at all. If you like to EV train, that's fine, if you don't, that's fine too. I EV train and breed for natures and somewhat care about IV's and I still care for my pokemon and have fun. Honestly if you have Pokerus, a Macho Brace or Power Items, and enough money to buy Vitamins, it takes about 15 minutes to fully EV train a pokemon. And if you have Dittos with every nature and an Everstone, breeding for correct natures doesn't take much longer. The only reasons I think people bicker over EV training is because A) They don't know how to do it B) JealousyC) They think it's unfair, when it's not, and feel like other people shouldn't do it either OR D) They think it's not the "proper" way to the play the game, when it's in fact, an element of the games that both the creators and devolopers acknowledge and purposely put in the games to add replayability, strategy, variety, and fun for more advanced players. Simple as that.

Sy123456789
8th March 2010, 10:24 AM
By the way, ev trainers dont train to lv100 they do lv100 on wifi, anyway, do you call grinding against the elite 4 fun?
Battling against people around the world is much more fun, unless your oponnet has no creativity you will fight lots of different pokemon, while Elite 4, fought them 100 times no difference. But I understand if you dont bother to ev train, everyone has a different perspective.
I have lots of experience for ev trainig.
First Ev train: 30 min
Second: 25 min
17th EV train: 10 min

With everything practice makes perfect.
But I only EV train becuase I like winning and battling