PDA

View Full Version : Which forum should I put this topic in?

cooltrainerAG
27th February 2010, 11:15 PM
Hello! I'm cooltrainerAG, and started an account just today, and I'll first say a little bit about myself (but not too much hopefully) before I ask my question. I've played pokemon and watched the anime since I was about 5 or 6, which was the time of generation 1, so I'm not new to the pokemon world itself, just new to the forum. At around the time I finished 6th grade (at the time of 3rd gen.), that's when I left pokemon for a while because I thought I was too old for it.

I got back into it a couple years later after seeing highschoolers playing it and reallizing that really any age can play it because of the strategy of it. I'm not keeping any tab on the anime anymore though, after hearing that they changed the voice of ash, and plus when I watched the 3rd gen episodes at around 5th grade, they didn't seem too hot like the 1st or even 2nd gen. ones.

Also, to be honest, any 4th gen. pokemon don't seem too original to me like the other generations, especially the 1st and 2nd. So I don't think I'll ever play diamond, pearl, and platinum, though I will get soulsilver asap along with a DS just so I can play it, because the original games they're remaking are my favorite because the world is so huge, since it uses kanto as well, plus the new additions the remakes have to offer make it worth getting the remake rather than playing the original. I like the rematches and the higher leveled elite 4, but I especially like the 4th gen. movesets, mainly because of the fact that they make physical and special attacks independent of their type. That makes so much more sense, because some moves that were a certain kind of attack depending on their type didn't make sense before (like bite and crunch being special attacks).

Now to actually get to the point.

I made this account basically to talk about this made-up region of mine that I want to share here. I'm not sure which forum I should put it in. I would put it in 5th gen., except it uses 4th gen. movesets, and all pokemon up to 4th gen., but rarely am I even going to use 4th gen. pokemon, because as I expressed before, I don't particularly like them, with maybe a couple exceptions. I don't think what the new expansion needs is new pokemon so much as a different way of doing the story line in the game plus a bigger world.

I'm not sure what to call this new region, and I haven't officially made anything except the 8 new gym leaders, but basically it's going to be made up of a bunch of islands, and the gym leaders are going to specialize in strategies instead of a specific type, just because the type speciality for the gym leaders is just getting old. We've done that 4 times in a row, and I assume all the types have been covered either once or twice (assuming the makers were smart enough to have a dark type gym leader in the 4th gen.). This made-up game will also have the johto and kanto region, along with all 16 of the other gym leaders, plus a dark type gym leader somewhere in the johto region, just so there's a gym leader in the game specializing in every type of pokemon.

So back to the question at hand. What forum should I put this topic in?

BCVM22
28th February 2010, 12:04 AM
What forum should I put this topic in?

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=378197

cooltrainerAG
28th February 2010, 12:10 AM
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=378197

thank you!