PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of Serebii.net Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light Discoveries

Serebii
4th March 2010, 3:10 PM
This thread is for discussion of the Serebii.net Discoveries within Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver found here; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=441915

Discuss and enjoy. It'll be opened when I have the game

ShinyLucario
5th March 2010, 4:40 PM
This thread is for discussion of the Serebii.net Discoveries within Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver found here;

HGSS on the brain?

squrtle
5th March 2010, 5:07 PM
WOOB!!!!!!!!!
I hope the bosses are harder.
Marill sounds ace

squrtle
5th March 2010, 5:09 PM
Raikou this early?

ShinyLucario
5th March 2010, 6:08 PM
JOE! YOU'RE SPOILING THE GAME!! D:

jk (he'll get the joke as he has been on GameFAQ's HG board)

squrtle
5th March 2010, 6:37 PM
JOE! YOU'RE SPOILING THE GAME!! D:

jk (he'll get the joke as he has been on GameFAQ's HG board)

explain? .

ShinyLucario
5th March 2010, 6:57 PM
The chinchou picture is broken, Serebii.

Missingno. Master
5th March 2010, 9:03 PM
**** YEAH DUNSPARCE!

EDIT: it's supposed to be in all caps, but it keeps getting screwed up.

EDIT: Oh, NOW it's working. Screwy forum.

ShinyLucario
5th March 2010, 9:06 PM
Wonder why Entei and Suicune haven't appeared yet. Hope we see them soon.

Lorde
5th March 2010, 10:03 PM
Wonder why Entei and Suicune haven't appeared yet. Hope we see them soon.

I'm guessing they appear later in the story :]

I was surprised when I saw the list of Pokemon in Ranger 3, there were very few but I'm guessing more will be added as the are discovered? It looks like a lot of Johto Pokemon will be in these games to tie in to HG/SS.

theforgottensoldier
5th March 2010, 10:53 PM
So the names of the islands so far are drop island, rainbow island, and milonda island but which one is which on the map?

talala
5th March 2010, 11:09 PM
This thread is for discussion of the Serebii.net Discoveries within Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver found here; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=441915

Discuss and enjoy. It'll be opened when I have the game
wtf is this Joe?

also whats with the "metal" next to all the "steel" type pokemon?

**** YEAH DUNSPARCE!

EDIT: it's supposed to be in all caps, but it keeps getting screwed up.

EDIT: Oh, NOW it's working. Screwy forum.

you can't have only caps in a post or it denies your post

Nibbles4Ever
6th March 2010, 1:44 AM
Cranidos is on the list of pokemon twice, lol.

Lorde
6th March 2010, 6:14 AM
So, I just got the game in the mail a few hours after I saw Serebii updating things and I must say it has been cool. The whole tropical atmosphere is pretty soothing, it's almost like playing in Hoenn again (lol). Some interesting things include the time traveling which has been mentioned, but there's a haunted house sorting of place where you enter and the plates start levitating and they start flying towards you, it's actually pretty violent/scary.

I'm just bummed that I can't read Japanese so I cannot fully enjoy the same :/

squrtle
6th March 2010, 10:17 AM
I bet hackers have the Rom leak too
If a mention of a Rom is too much, sorry.

Shame I have to wait until June to get this, I need the US version D:
(I reckon it's in June since now the releases after Japanese are MUCH quicker now and we haven't got any US News yet so it won't be April, May is too soon and July is too late)

Lorde
6th March 2010, 10:35 AM
I gotta say, the Bosses in this game seem to be a tad bit harder to beat than Bosses in other Ranger games. The 5th Boss (Feraligatr I believe) was hard to beat, for me at least. There's a lot of wacky stuff in these games, but overall I think the graphics are the best, they've really improved as you can tell by the pictures out and about.

Anyway, looks like the Wi-Fi missions (Deoxys and Manaphy) are available for download already eh? That was pretty fast since the games were only just released.

rocky505
6th March 2010, 10:49 AM
Ranger games always come out in the fall in the USA.

squrtle
6th March 2010, 11:11 AM
Ranger games always come out in the fall in the USA.
I just said they're coming out in the US and over here much faster now

Platinum
JP: September
US: March
UK: May

HGSS
UK: March

Ranger 3
JP: March
US: June/July?
UK: June/July?

rocky505
6th March 2010, 12:56 PM
I just said they're coming out in the US and over here much faster now

Platinum
UK: May

HGSS
UK: March

Ranger 3
JP: March
US: June/July?
UK: June/July? That is way too soon. It has to come out in the fall. like the others

squrtle
6th March 2010, 1:39 PM
That is way too soon. It has to come out in the fall. like the others
They seem to be getting sooner every time, I get what you're saying though

Missingno. Master
6th March 2010, 2:07 PM
you can't have only caps in a post or it denies your post

Really? That's stupid.

Anyway, unless they do something screwy with the numbering, looks like there's no Wynaut in this game. Phooey. But hey, WEEZING! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Arbok and Qwilfish. Some of my favorites.

Lorde
6th March 2010, 9:41 PM
I think there's some Pokemon missing, at least I hope so. I wanted this Ranger game to include all the Pokemon the other Ranger games didn't include lol. I'm waiting for Serenii to post stuff about Quests, I'm currently stuck on what they require you to do haha :p

Steelia
6th March 2010, 10:17 PM
MEWTWO.
You have no idea how long I've been waiting to see him in one of the Ranger games. While I was originally sold on Ho-Oh's inclusion (and hopefully Lugia), Mewtwo sealed this deal. Wow.

The final bosses of this game are no joke, from the looks of their Pokemon... Pulling out all the stops; very interesting. Really didn't expect to see this many Pkmn in the title.

Lorde
6th March 2010, 10:50 PM
I've been hoping for a Lugia boss since they might as well have included the Johto references to tie in with the HG/SS games. It might not come to pass though.

I'm still unclear on what the Poke Nappers intend to do in this game. What's their ultimate goal?

ShinyHunter52
6th March 2010, 11:23 PM
Um, I know this isn't a help thread, but that doesn't exist yet. I'm stuck... Can anybody tell me where to go and what to do after capturing Suicune. I got through whole map and nothing. On the island I caught Suicune on, I noticed some guy won't let me go into some cave and that I'm unable to go under some waterfall. Please help...

talala
6th March 2010, 11:35 PM
Um, I know this isn't a help thread, but that doesn't exist yet. I'm stuck... Can anybody tell me where to go and what to do after capturing Suicune. I got through whole map and nothing. On the island I caught Suicune on, I noticed some guy won't let me go into some cave and that I'm unable to go under some waterfall. Please help...

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=390637

i don't know cuz i'm waiting for the american release but this is the help thread

ShinyLucario
7th March 2010, 12:16 AM
I really hope Lugia is in it.

Lorde
7th March 2010, 2:09 AM
I really hope Lugia is in it.

Since Ho-Oh is in this game, I don't see why Lugia shouldn't be lol. I would think they'd have both since they're rivals. I'll wait to see if it's true but I really would like to see it.

cyberduelistzane
7th March 2010, 3:18 AM
theres an error in the pokemon browser where it says eevee there is a picture of nidorino

squrtle
7th March 2010, 11:45 AM
Mewtwo as a Boss? really?

Ohime-sama
7th March 2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but, what's the story with Red Eye? I remember hearing about a "Purple Eye" or something, are they just admins/executives or what?

songohan
7th March 2010, 5:12 PM
Im stuck on the island where you need to use the staraptor after seeing the moltres.

I saved the pichus, got them back to there island and got the staraptors out of there cage. Then i used the staraptor to get to this island, inside a house some guy talked with me but other guy up doesn´t let me into the cave to continue. I think this is the way to find suicune.

Zalman
7th March 2010, 6:19 PM
Holy... I admit I wasn't excited for this game at all, since I've already played the first Ranger which I didn't like that much, however, I think those are great choices for bosses, and I simply love those pictures. Are they in-game? They look very awesome.

Lorde
8th March 2010, 1:08 AM
The bosses are ok, though I would've liked to be able to capture most of them in the wild and not just during Boss battles.

How is Togepi not able to be captured? It's in the game but it belongs to a person. You can find Togetic and Togekiss, but not Togepi?

ShinyLucario
8th March 2010, 4:46 AM
So seems like no Lugia. Bah. >_<; ah well still looks to be an epic game. Here's hoping for MD3 soon.

Serebii
8th March 2010, 10:27 AM
So seems like no Lugia. Bah. >_<; ah well still looks to be an epic game. Here's hoping for MD3 soon.
I don't think we've found everything yet...

Serebii
8th March 2010, 10:27 AM
I don't think we've found everything yet...

Zelionax
8th March 2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone knows how to do the first mission? The one where there's this man outside a house and he asks you to speak to an elderly couple in the house and they start fighting or something. I've no idea what exactly the mission wants for me, help will be appreciated, thanks.

DIAMOND MASTER
8th March 2010, 1:48 PM
I discovered ;133; sign its an (M) http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondmaster/4416982744/
PS:why the pic doesn't show?

slowkingsley
8th March 2010, 4:10 PM
Anyone knows how to do the first mission? The one where there's this man outside a house and he asks you to speak to an elderly couple in the house and they start fighting or something. I've no idea what exactly the mission wants for me, help will be appreciated, thanks.

Capture a Geodude in Yasuri Cave and show it to them. You need a pokemon with a water assist to reveal the Geodude which looks like a grey rock on the ground.

Ledyba
8th March 2010, 5:41 PM
This game sure looks awesome, with Mewtwo & Ho-Oh. I heard Phione is in it too? Great! I hope some special mission for Lugia but I doubt it.

Anyways, great job Nintendo.

ShinyLucario
8th March 2010, 7:29 PM
Yeah odds of Lugia are low now. Ah well, still looks epic.

Goldenix
8th March 2010, 8:00 PM
I've tried to catch Honchkrow by sneaking up but it doesn't work, he's too fast, any advice ? :(

Steelia
8th March 2010, 8:46 PM
Yeah odds of Lugia are low now. Ah well, still looks epic.

Could there be a possibility of Lugia being the main boss (or, at least, A boss) for the next Ranger title? They're probably trying not to exhaust ALL possible [Legendary] Pokemon for bosses... There have yet to be any signs of the 4th Gen Pixies and Giratina, too.
All in all, though, this game has a magnificent amount of [Legendary] Bosses as it is, so Lugia can easily have its time to shine come next Ranger, the way I see it. They HAVE to be holding off on it for a reason.

...Did I read that right? ARCEUS is in this game, too? If I wasn't dead-set on getting this game, you can BET I'm even more interested in it now!

Goldenix
8th March 2010, 9:07 PM
Nvm, I found out how to reach Honckrow.

About Arceus, I remember seeing him after doing the Tangrowth multiplayer challenge.

Lorde
9th March 2010, 12:48 AM
Honchkrow and Togekiss seem impossible to reach, they're both so fast it's ridiculous.

I'm glad Serebii discovered a few more Pokemon, I was a bit disappointed since Togepi didn't appear to be in the games, but I'm loving the whole Arceus as a Boss situation!

R_N
9th March 2010, 4:00 AM
So with Shaymin, Heatran, and Deoxys, that's 303/493 pokemon

not too shabby at all. Looking forward to this game so much.

By the way, have rom dumpers found any more Wi-Fi missions or is it "just" the four?

slowkingsley
9th March 2010, 5:32 AM
So with Shaymin, Heatran, and Deoxys, that's 303/493 pokemon

not too shabby at all. Looking forward to this game so much.

By the way, have rom dumpers found any more Wi-Fi missions or is it "just" the four?

Apparently the other two missions are Arceus and Giratina.

R_N
9th March 2010, 5:53 AM
Apparently the other two missions are Arceus and Giratina.Oh snap

Hopefully they are also transferable~
Level 50 Arceus and another way to access OriGiratina would be cool.

Lorde
9th March 2010, 6:48 AM
Oh snap

Hopefully they are also transferable~
Level 50 Arceus and another way to access OriGiratina would be cool.

Although I'd love that idea, I don't see it happening. So far there are a lot of Pokemon able to be tranferred to other games in Ranger 3 (Deoxys all 4 formes, Manaphy's Egg, Heatran, Shaymin) so I don't think they added any more. If I remember correctly, there have been only 6 WonderCards discovered in the game's data.

Serebii
9th March 2010, 9:49 AM
I do know that the two other missions do not send Arceus or Giratina over

OmegaDonut
9th March 2010, 11:38 AM
There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

All the Pokemon from Ranger 3 have the Classic Ribbon attached as well.

Illusione-Tempus
9th March 2010, 2:57 PM
Well certainly I've been playing around with catching those Rare flying Pokemon, but WOW! I encountered Skarmory like 4 times, Pidgeot about 5 times, Driftblim once, Chatot once, but I never encountered Togekiss nor Honchkrow....*gets on Latias*

Hopefully the quest list will be added soon... Having a mother who forgot her Japanese is really awful...

Missingno. Master
9th March 2010, 3:13 PM
What moves can the other two Deoxys forms have? I know Attack Forme gets Meteor Mash and Defense Forme gets Detect, but what about Speed and Normal Formes?

slowkingsley
9th March 2010, 3:30 PM
What moves can the other two Deoxys forms have? I know Attack Forme gets Meteor Mash and Defense Forme gets Detect, but what about Speed and Normal Formes?

Nothing special at all. Apparently to get the Meteor Mash Attack Deoxys you have to beat the mission and recieve an 'S' Rank in doing so (and 'A' Rank gets Detect Defense Deoxys). That is why they are pushing it as a multiplayer mission, because to recieve an 'S' Rank by yourself is a much more difficult task than with the help of others.

kirkeastment
9th March 2010, 3:48 PM
Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but is it possible to get one of each Deoxys forme from the game.

And.

Is it the same as other ranger games in that, once you've transferred the pokemon from ranger to your 4th gen game, you can't restart ranger and re-download the missions, complete them and then transfer the pokemon again.

BLUESPEED
9th March 2010, 4:31 PM
Hello!
Soul Lugia, User of our Brazilian forum PokéEVO (http://forum.pokeevo.net) discovered a new symbol:
Garchomp:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9146/garchompsign.png

Sharing the discovery of it ^ ^

Goldenix
9th March 2010, 4:55 PM
Awesome :D

Serebii
9th March 2010, 5:47 PM
Hello!
Soul Lugia, User of our Brazilian forum PokéEVO (http://forum.pokeevo.net) discovered a new symbol:
Garchomp:

Ah, it also got posted on 2ch a while back :)

Serebii
9th March 2010, 5:47 PM
Hello!
Garchomp:

Ah, it also got posted on 2ch a while back :)

realarcastform
9th March 2010, 11:01 PM
It's official, there's no love for Rotom in the Ranger series.
My chances of buying this game have significantly dwindled.

R_N
10th March 2010, 12:13 AM
There are indeed only 6 wondercards in the game (4 for the Deoxys forms, 1 for Heatran and 1 for Shaymin). The Manaphy egg has never needed a wondercard for any of the Ranger games, because the main Pokemon games had a built-in function for those.

I looked at the dumped Heatran wondercard myself, and it appears that the Eruption Heatran is always Quiet (it has a set PID of 505E03A0). All the other Pokemon can have any nature.

Awww, that's a shame. Oh well.

Also: Checking on the Quiet nature, it seems like a perfect fit for Heatran? +Sp. Attack, - Speed.
That's nice of them.

Lorde
10th March 2010, 1:22 AM

Really? I thought one WonderCard was for the Manaphy Egg, but I guess it isn't then. I can't wait to get Heatran, I need it for SoulSilver since I hate trading so transferring it sounds good.

I think the newest Ranger Sign discoveries are great, Garchomp is one of my favorite Pokemon. I really dislike those past missions, I've lost against the Tangrowth and it's not even the hardest Pokemon. Catching up to some of those Sky Pokemon is almost impossible for me too, maybe I'm doing something wrong ;_;

Marauder21
10th March 2010, 1:41 AM
For Tangrowth, I used Chatot if that helps, although I still barely won. Right after it uses its purple poison attack, drop Chatot right next to it and it takes off a chunk of health. Be sure to check the treasure chests for extra time too. I can't get past any of the missions after it though, they really were designed for multiplayer.

Steelia
10th March 2010, 1:52 AM
Lugia. Wow. Just popped up out of nowhere, right when everyone was beginning to lose faith/hope in any appearance by him. Awesome. Now I'm DEFINITELY interested in the title... Who knows? There may still be one or two things left to find before everything's up...

All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).
Just keeps getting better and better; the bosses for this game are extreme. Certainly didn't expect THIS much. I guess it's to compensate for the lack of any good bosses/Legendaries in Shadows of Almia.

R_N
10th March 2010, 3:17 AM
Unlockable bosses are cool. I love this game's selection overall.

All there's left now are the 3 Sinnoh pixies and, if it hasn't already been made official, Giratina (in whatever form).

Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?

Lorde
10th March 2010, 4:20 AM
There are a lot of Pokemon in this game, more than I expected. Now Lugia is revealed to be in the game. I think it's great, but it's a lot to remember, a lot of criteria just to find a certain Pokemon.

Steelia
10th March 2010, 5:58 AM
Are you talking about Legends that need to show up in the Ranger series, or are the pixies in the game somewhere?
Because there's also Jirachi, isn't there?

Yes, Legends that have yet to show up as capturable; I keep forgetting about Jirachi... and, technically, Manaphy, since it really hasn't been obtainable outside of its egg in the Ranger games. I doubt it ever will, because the Ranger games seem to have been made the primary source for getting one. (Makes me wonder if any future Ranger titles will have "exclusive" Pokemon given away through them as Manaphy has been for this long.)

In any case, great line-up, really cannot wait to see any past missions that may come up... What number is Deoxys, though? I don't think that one's been revealed yet, unless I skimmed over it on the Ranger 3 pages.

Lorde
10th March 2010, 6:11 AM
I don't think Deoxys' number has been revealed. Wouldn't it be near the end of the Browser like most special Pokemon's name's are?

I was surprised Phione was in this game, though not as a Boss. I thought all Legendary Pokemon would be fought as Bosses...

Serebii
10th March 2010, 8:37 AM
I am unsure if we can get Deoxys in the main game, in the past, the Pok&#233;mon have a different numbering system (will compile a page on that soon)

Illusione-Tempus
10th March 2010, 10:29 AM
300 Pokemon to catch just to meet Lugia? :o

Oh well, just got 282 over 300... Thanks for adding the Quests page, for what I said in my previous post :)

EDIT: How to input the Meganium sign? =/

Serebii
10th March 2010, 11:22 AM
Start with the small vertical line. Took me a couple of tries to get it working

Serebii
10th March 2010, 11:22 AM

kirkeastment
10th March 2010, 2:37 PM
Don't know if this has been asked or answered, but is it possible to get one of each Deoxys forme from the game.

And.

Is it the same as other ranger games in that, once you've transferred the pokemon from ranger to your 4th gen game, you can't restart ranger and re-download the missions, complete them and then transfer the pokemon again.

I think i know the answer to the first part, after OmegaDonut mentioned that there are 6 Wondercards in the game(4 of which must be for Deoxys formes), but can someone please confirm that this is the case, and also let me know about the second half of my question.

Thanks.

Missingno. Master
10th March 2010, 4:15 PM
I was surprised Phione was in this game, though not as a Boss. I thought all Legendary Pokemon would be fought as Bosses...

Might have something to do with the fact that Phione isn't legendary.

And Serebii forgot to link to the discovery thread in today's update.

Steelia
10th March 2010, 5:59 PM

Could've sworn GAME FREAK bunked that, saying Phione was Legendary (and Rotom was not).

Still, Phione's not as big a name as Manaphy, so it's hardly surprising... There are already plenty of Legendary bosses as it is; I'd be glad just seeing it running around.

Also, @Serebii, I wasn't aware there was a different Browser for Past Pokemon.... That really explains a bit. Certainly looking forward to seeing that one.

pichu2001
10th March 2010, 6:48 PM
When I extracted graphic from Ranger, I find also boss battles pictures with Heatran, Giratina Origin and Arceus
(Maybe Pokemon Sunday reveals one of these)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9337/3326.png (http://img397.imageshack.us/i/3326.png/)
Arceus

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5051/3317.png (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/3317.png/)
Giratina

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/452/3299.png (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/3299.png/)
Heatran

Steelia
10th March 2010, 8:40 PM
Ah, now that's what I'm talking about, pichu2001! Great find. I was hoping we'd see some mugshots of the still-hidden bosses (and I was wondering what form Giratina would appear in, though nowadays it's pretty much custom to keep it in Origin Forme).
Definitely looking forward to seeing how their in-game battle sprites look.

DIAMOND MASTER
10th March 2010, 9:25 PM
When you keep pushing in the same place when you do the ranger sign it powers up and the pokemons will be scared when you are riding the dogs.
I didnt see this in the rangersigns page so I thought I should say it here.

Lorde
11th March 2010, 1:01 AM

It was already confirmed to be a Legendary Pokemon a long time ago, despite it being hatched from a normal egg which is why I was surprised to see it as a normal Pokemon in the game. Although I guess this isn't the first time, the Regi's wheren't Boss Pokemon either in the other Ranger titles.

Love the Arceus and Giratina images, when are they fought though, I'm still not sure if they're fought in past missions or special missions.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
11th March 2010, 3:15 AM
Please tell me I don't need to use multiplayer to get all of those past missions, namely the ones that affect the present.
I have 2 DSs and have been known to use them together for multiplayer things in the games, but because I am not ambidexterous I don't think I will be able to do that very well in a Ranger game (heck, I'm not even certain if I would want to get two copies; usually I only do that with the main games).

R_N
11th March 2010, 3:29 AM
Please tell me I don't need to use multiplayer to get all of those past missions, namely the ones that affect the present.
I have 2 DSs and have been known to use them together for multiplayer things in the games, but because I am not ambidexterous I don't think I will be able to do that very well in a Ranger game (heck, I'm not even certain if I would want to get two copies; usually I only do that with the main games).

"These missions are available to play with both single player and multiplayer"

It's just it's a lot harder

Lorde
11th March 2010, 5:39 AM

I think the only mission that must be played in Multi-player mode is the Wi-Fi Deoxys Mission. The others allow you to choose single player or multi-player mode. I don't know anyone with another game so I'm stuck unfortunately.

Illusione-Tempus
11th March 2010, 6:38 AM

So... draw the vertical line, then... *after 50 tries she still can't figure it out*

Just a small question, which part of Sorbelas Mountain has Salamence in it? That's the last of all the Pokemon I need... excluding Lucario though, it can wait 'til I finished all the quests...

Lorde
11th March 2010, 6:53 AM
So... draw the vertical line, then... *after 50 tries she still can't figure it out*

Just a small question, which part of Sorbelas Mountain has Salamence in it? That's the last of all the Pokemon I need... excluding Lucario though, it can wait 'til I finished all the quests...

That specific sign is difficult for me too, though I'll keep trying tomorrow. The Typhlosion sign was hard to draw too, the game didn't want to recognize it...

It's in the icy cave before you reach the summit, but there's ice blocking the way which requires 3 Pokemon with Fire type 3 to melt.

Serebii
11th March 2010, 10:04 AM
"These missions are available to play with both single player and multiplayer"

It's just it's a lot harder
Quite an understatment...they get to be near impossible

Lorde
11th March 2010, 12:07 PM
I read the latest update, and it looks like the Arceus and Giratina missions aren't multiplayer-exclusive! That's great news, I was worried that they'd make both similar to the Deoxys mission. Too bad about the Pokemon not being tranferable, but it was expected since there weren't any Wonder Cards that corresponded with them.

Illusione-Tempus
11th March 2010, 1:56 PM
It's in the icy cave before you reach the summit, but there's ice blocking the way which requires 3 Pokemon with Fire type 3 to melt.

Well... I found it a few minutes after I posted. How could I forgot about it though =/

Quite an understatment...they get to be near impossible

Tell me about it... I've been asking my bro to help me get the litograph for Pidgeot since... Tangrowth's way too hard to capture alone :<

Lorde
12th March 2010, 1:05 AM
Tangrowth is a problem, even with a Flying Assist, I couldn't capture it. I was really close but time was running out so I commited "Rangercide". I'm hoping it'll be a little bit easier after I've had a few tries :p

I'm glad the charging method was discovered, it makes catching up to Togekiss and Honchkrow really easy.

The Great Butler
12th March 2010, 5:06 AM
Hey, Joe, could you make a page on the Pokémon Nappers, please? There's really a dearth of information about them, particularly about their members and what their plan actually is.

From following the event thread, it sure looks like this is the best Ranger yet hands down...

To anyone who's played it: do the Go-Rock Quads at least do a song or anything, or at least have new designs?

Lorde
12th March 2010, 5:49 AM
I've been wondering about that too. I saw one Go Rock Quad so far (the female, she looked the same) at the beginning of the Lucario mission, do the others ever show up during a mission? I'd love to see all of them again, I love that little song they usually do.

EDIT: Apparently they do appear, but I haven't gotten to that part yet so I'm not sure if they play their song.

Jimbochen
12th March 2010, 9:09 PM
Im stuck with the part when you have to activate the pillar for ho-oh,
I talked to the people in the ranger base and to that old guy on rainbow island,
But then i dont what to do help? :D

Serebii
12th March 2010, 9:10 PM
I've been wondering about that too. I saw one Go Rock Quad so far (the female, she looked the same) at the beginning of the Lucario mission, do the others ever show up during a mission? I'd love to see all of them again, I love that little song they usually do.

EDIT: Apparently they do appear, but I haven't gotten to that part yet so I'm not sure if they play their song.
They do, and Pichu joins them :)

Shapatti
12th March 2010, 9:10 PM
Excellent stuff Celebi, your discoveries have helped me out a bit.

Serebii
12th March 2010, 9:15 PM
All past missions are available in single player. Many do have areas with special items or clocks that can only be accessed with two people

However, the Deoxys mission starts with a bridge which needs the two switches being pressed so needs 2 people.

Shapatti
12th March 2010, 9:30 PM
I do have one problem though

I'm really stuck near the end, i've fought my way to the three legendary birds for a second time, recovered 3 pieces of armor, and gone back to the women on the third island.

But am i missing something? Because i can't start the Latias/Latios activation mission, and i remember there being 4 pieces of armor, and i haven't recovered the one the boss guy was wearing

Jimbochen
12th March 2010, 9:32 PM
Can someone handle my question? :w

Edit: Look above :>

R_N
13th March 2010, 1:29 AM

game of the forever

I love all the personality the Ranger games exude <3
Also any chance we can get some summaries of the apparent Arceus plot :D?

Lorde
13th March 2010, 2:54 AM

Yep thanks, I saw them performing at the end of the mission on top of the Wireless Base, quite a nice little addition to the game I think. Kind of reminds me of how they played their music at the end of Shadows of Almia, though this time they played it after the last Quest.

Illusione-Tempus
13th March 2010, 4:52 AM
However, the Deoxys mission starts with a bridge which needs the two switches being pressed so needs 2 people.

So... the reason why we need to use multiplayer to do the mission is because of that? I'm pretty surprised about that.

OmegaDonut
13th March 2010, 2:41 PM
Where do we go to report discoveries "officially"? The site hasn't been updated with the info that Eruption Heatran is always Quiet and that all of the Ranger 3 Pokemon save Manaphy have the Classic Ribbon attached.

I found this info looking at the wondercards extracted from the game, by members of projectpokemon.com. Although I do know how they extracted them, so I can explain how and provide screenshots if necessary.

Lorde
13th March 2010, 2:47 PM
Where do we go to report discoveries "officially"? The site hasn't been updated with the info that Eruption Heatran is always Quiet and that all of the Ranger 3 Pokemon save Manaphy have the Classic Ribbon attached.

Most likely, Serebii (and most people for that matter) hasn't completed the mission as it isn't out yet. As for the others, I'm sure a lot of people assumed they'd have ribbons like their Almia counterparts anyways :S

I liked the newest update showing the rest of the past missions. Hooray for Arceus appearing!

Ltrainer
14th March 2010, 7:36 AM
I just read Serebii's lastest updates on this game and noticed there was a "light" temple. Besides the title of the game being "Tracks of Light", I wonder if there's any other significance to the word, Light. Might it be foreshadowing something for the 5th gen? :P

R_N
14th March 2010, 6:53 PM
Or it's just a reference to the game's plot OR the temple itself?

Shadows of Almia was just referring to Darkrai, for example.

Illusione-Tempus
15th March 2010, 4:19 AM
Or it's just a reference to the game's plot OR the temple itself?

Shadows of Almia was just referring to Darkrai, for example.

Hmm... well there aren't any hints of Oblivia in the title, not like Almia. I mean, they call if Shadows of Almia because the shadow that can endanger Almia aka Darkrai. There must be a reason why the last temple in the past missions is the Light Temple. Or maybe a reason why the final boss is Mewtwo. Hey, the birds and Lugia are post-storyline right?

Lorde
15th March 2010, 8:46 AM
I just read Serebii's lastest updates on this game and noticed there was a "light" temple. Besides the title of the game being "Tracks of Light", I wonder if there's any other significance to the word, Light. Might it be foreshadowing something for the 5th gen? :P

I think the "light" refers to one of two things:

-The Ranger Signs which are 'tracks" of light in a sense since they grow. You draw them in order to do certain things like walk on water or break boulders.

-Ho-oH and it's rainbow which is able to diffuse the barrier around the Sky Fortress in the game. It's rainbow is a track of seven colours. Those seven colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) make up light.

Illusione-Tempus
15th March 2010, 4:04 PM
I think the "light" refers to one of two things:

-The Ranger Signs which are 'tracks" of light in a sense since they grow. You draw them in order to do certain things like walk on water or break boulders.

-Ho-oH and it's rainbow which is able to diffuse the barrier around the Sky Fortress in the game. It's rainbow is a track of seven colours. Those seven colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) make up light.

Ah... Good reason. Why I didn't think about this at all =/

Lorde
16th March 2010, 4:10 AM
Ah... Good reason. Why I didn't think about this at all =/

It's just speculation. I don't think we'll ever know for sure lol.

Anyway, I'm waiting on those Wi-Fi missions! I want something to do in the game, and capturing Heatran and Shaymin would be fun. I've completed the game so I'm kind of just wandering around aimlessly looking for a challenge. I'd do those past missions, but after my humiliating defeat at the hands of Tangrowth, I'm weary of them.

Serebii
16th March 2010, 12:39 PM
We have Metagross' Ranger Sign :)

Lorde
16th March 2010, 6:20 PM
Goodness, the Metagross sign was hard, it's so complicated. Not as hard as Meganium but certainly a challenge. There wasn't any time to even charge the stlyer (not sure if it would've made a difference, but I always like to try). I have to say, I'm hoping all the Boss Pokemon like the ones used by the Nappers have Ranger signs. It would be cool to walk around with a Mamoswine for the first time.

Serebii
16th March 2010, 9:43 PM
I have the feeling that if the boss had a field ability, it has a Ranger Sign :)

Illusione-Tempus
17th March 2010, 4:17 AM
I have the feeling that if the boss had a field ability, it has a Ranger Sign :)

Well we can't put their field ability to waste right (unlike SoA apparently <_<)? I would die craving for a Rhyperior or a Charizard D=

Serebii
17th March 2010, 4:19 PM
The WiFi missions are now active

In an hour or so I'll get on them :)

Serebii
17th March 2010, 4:19 PM
The WiFi missions are now active

In an hour or so I'll get on them :)

Lorde
18th March 2010, 7:02 AM
I would die craving for a Rhyperior or a Charizard D=

I think the only game in which Charizard is capable of following you is SoA. Really wish all Pokemon could follow you. Anyway, I have downloaded both missions for Ranger but I don't have time to play them yet. I hope they're much more challenging than the Manaphy one :S

Serebii
18th March 2010, 12:32 PM
Feraligatr's Ranger Sign was officially revealed in today's episode

Jimbochen
18th March 2010, 9:25 PM
Where do i find infernape in Tracks of light (Describe location)

Serebii
19th March 2010, 4:55 PM
Infernape is one of the Pok&#233;mon you can only obtain after beating the past missions. You need to have beaten Electivire in the Lightning Temple. It's then in a cave in Sorbelas Mountain

Illusione-Tempus
21st March 2010, 4:28 AM
I think the only game in which Charizard is capable of following you is SoA. Really wish all Pokemon could follow you.

Really? Well, that's really bad for Charizard. I know the reason for the original series though.

Arg, I really wish I have Wifi. I really want a Shaymin that badly. :S

By the way, I see Serebii has managed to find all the litographs for the Pokemon in the past (Mew appearing, now this is news)

Serebii
21st March 2010, 12:47 PM
Charizard has a Field Ability in this game. This indicates that there's a Ranger Sign for it. We just need to find it

Lorde
21st March 2010, 1:38 PM
Mew appears in the past eh? Too bad it doesn't appear in the present or in a Wi-Fi mission. I remember playing the Mew mission in Ranger 1 and it was my favorite mission because Mew was always a challenge. I still have no patience for those past missions :p

Serebii
21st March 2010, 3:59 PM
Interestingly, Mew was present in the Demo mission given in Stores and over the Nintendo Channel prior to release. Filb covered it here; http://www.filb.de/forum/showthread.php?t=3412&from=1239 with video

Illusione-Tempus
22nd March 2010, 2:43 PM
Charizard has a Field Ability in this game. This indicates that there's a Ranger Sign for it. We just need to find it

That's good. I bet it'll be fun playing around with Charizard's assist again, with 2 different kinds :D

Well... Meganium has a different assist when it's charged. Not charged, you'll get Frenzy Plant attack, charged, you'll get Solarbeam attack... that is, if that's the names =/

Mew appears in the past eh? Too bad it doesn't appear in the present or in a Wi-Fi mission. I remember playing the Mew mission in Ranger 1 and it was my favorite mission because Mew was always a challenge. I still have no patience for those past missions :p

Well Mew is really hard to capture thanks to it always running away. But what gives? It's still hard as ever, Too bad it's non-transferable (since its installed along with the game, logical explanation) :p

Interestingly, Mew was present in the Demo mission given in Stores and over the Nintendo Channel prior to release.

So... it's actually revealed before Tracks of Light is released? *squeee*

Eeveemaster493
22nd March 2010, 3:31 PM
I wonder if you can get the bosses early withought defeating them by just writing their ranger sign before seeing them, i mean like then u can pwn suicune by calling on meganium or jumpluff or pwning all of the bosses by calling on mewtwo
and serebii, i do believe that there should be a squirtle and worturtle before blastoise in the ranger browser ;007; ;008;

Serebii
22nd March 2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/oblivia/

I've updated with Oblivia

No you can't access Ranger Signs before entering the Pok&#233;mon in your browser and no, Squirtle & Wartortle are not in this game

Lorde
23rd March 2010, 12:37 AM
Demo versions are usually interesting. I'm surprised that they'd include Mew in the Demo though, maybe just because it's so popular. Oblivia looks good on Pokearth. I finally know what the volcanic island is called (Hualdera). I couldn't remember that before lol.

R_N
23rd March 2010, 2:46 AM
So I'm no expert on the subject, but couldn't a hacker/dumper look through the game and find the images of the ranger signs?

Illusione-Tempus
23rd March 2010, 9:36 AM
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/oblivia/

I've updated with Oblivia

Finally, I've been waiting for that update... I was actually about to ask for it a few days ago =/

littedemon
6th April 2010, 8:00 PM
me same problem as shapatti!!!
can someone help?

benny_1999
10th April 2010, 3:13 PM
Well.... Those Past missions are tougher than i thought.

I am now at the dark temple, and i was lucky by electrivire (final boss of lightning temple) because first time i did i got S rank and got electrivire and luxray. I was so happy then.

Lorde
14th April 2010, 11:48 AM
So it appears the last two Wi-Fi missions will be downloadable starting today. I've seen the images on the main site and I think only Giratina looks remarkable. Arceus looks odd just like it does in most media, maybe because of the angle? I really wish you could transfer both to the main RPG's though; I'm still missing Giratina in SS lol.

Jimbochen
16th April 2010, 9:17 PM
Well.... Those Past missions are tougher than i thought.

I am now at the dark temple, and i was lucky by electrivire (final boss of lightning temple) because first time i did i got S rank and got electrivire and luxray. I was so happy then.

Duh you got my assist fully upgraded pidgeot ;

Ledyba
17th April 2010, 11:49 AM
Can you transfer Deoxys/Shaymin/Heatran from a Japanese Ranger to an English SS?

branman788
18th April 2010, 10:54 PM
im starting to enjoy the series as much as the normal pokemon games

Rainbowdashtheawesome
15th June 2010, 10:25 PM
Okay, I just saw the update with the new information about the English release. There are two things about it that I just need to point out.
#1: Wow, it seems really weird to me that now, for the first time in any pokemon game (that I know of), the game takes place in a region that isn't called "The ______ Region."
#2: The name of the bad guys is this game just seems odd. Pokemon Pinchers? If you ask me, that does seem just the slightest bit creepy...

Angeltripper
4th July 2011, 11:57 AM
yeah, the demo is fun. its not hard though. mew shoots little orbs, teleports and protects itself with a pink bubble that hurts you. it ttake about 1:30 an thats it