PDA

View Full Version : What is the weirdest thing in ranger?

poke-pownage
13th March 2010, 3:39 AM
Post about what you think is the weirdest thing in ranger. NOn-poll answers are also accepted, but can't be shown in the poll.

ITOMARU
13th March 2010, 4:00 AM
The only one of those things that I found odd is Crawford's Ranger pose... that's when he bends over backwards laughing, right?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by everyone referring to themselves in third person... who does that?
Anyway, the things I think are odd are that Ollie never tells you his real name, even when he's getting married, and that Gordor started an entire villainous organization just to get revenge on the man who was a little bit smarter than him. And Gordor had more luck with women, anyway. He had four kids, and instead of just telling Hastings "Look at me, I have a musically talented family", he built mind controlling guitars and forced his children into his crazy scheme to one-up his old rival. But then again, Hastings probably had many girlfriends in his day... Even now, when he must be at least sixty, he has a lab assistant in her twenties fawning over him.
Oh dear, I seem to have gone off topic. Anyway, I don't think there's really that much weirdness.

Lorde
13th March 2010, 4:06 AM
Wheeler looks weird overall, but I find his Bidoof-obsession to be the oddest part. I remember him using them a few times, even though they are generally useless. Blake had a weird pose too, but I never really thought his overall appearance was odd. The Ranger's and the main characters in general all have some crazy little pose they do, at least it's good for laughs. Murph has the oddest one in Ranger 3 lol.

Illusione-Tempus
14th March 2010, 8:35 AM
Wheeler and his crazy Bidoof obsession

proto96
12th November 2010, 2:31 AM
wheeler is the weirdest and why does he send out bidoof even for top rangers. I think hes been smokin some serious stuff.

lucario295
18th November 2010, 4:21 PM
for me its the fact that u never get to see yourself talking like using text to talk and now that i think about it they should do that for the trainer games too.......

Bolt the Cat
23rd December 2010, 2:27 AM
Wheeler, definitely. Although it's more funny than it is weird. They just wanted to put in an idiotic lackey for comic relief. Also, how everyone in Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs are obsessed with being bound a smidgeon too tight.

Miss Alexis
15th January 2011, 6:47 PM
Half of the characters refering to themselves in 3rd person, its just... not normal

LightningStrike
6th February 2011, 9:03 PM
I voted for Crawford's pose.

LordVader2719
13th February 2011, 6:31 AM
If people want to act weird or have crazy obsessions, that's fine, but referring to one's self in third person, isn't. Not for that many people, anyway.

Aquarelle
13th February 2011, 12:52 PM
I picked ranger poses in general. Some of them look cool and are quite funny, but they are kind of weird. I think it`s especially weird when your character does their pose, since it`s very unusual to see a main character in a Pokemon game showing that much personality.

Lucas.G
28th February 2011, 8:29 PM
Half of the characters refering to themselves in 3rd person, that is weird

zapto369
30th April 2011, 7:07 PM
Wheeler: What? You've made it all the way to the end of the game and are ready for the final battle. Well then let me use bidoof against you!

You: Not that! Anything but that! Wait, bidoof? WTF?

That's what I was thinking anyways. I mean, that's what Zapto369 was thinking anyways lols.

castlewars
23rd May 2011, 5:46 PM
I liked the bit when Wheeler kept giving me all those Bidoof and he said 'This isn't Ranger School.' I really liked that.

Eternal Draconic
10th June 2011, 3:20 AM
BIDOOF.

SO I HERD U LIEK BIDOOFZ.

BIDOOF.

Wheeler in a nutshell.

Griff4815
21st June 2011, 7:07 PM
I think the third person thing is the most unnatural thing for me.

CyberBlaziken
2nd July 2011, 10:22 AM
Wheeler's Bidoof Obsession and his weird thing he does with his hands.
I don't know what to say about Crawford, bending backwards and laughing? :/ Not a good pose.
Murph is the Best xD

SoulSilverMstr411
2nd July 2011, 11:07 AM
3rd person WTF?

Zoruagible
11th July 2011, 10:41 PM
Half of the people talk in 3rd person

Silent Murderer
18th July 2011, 1:55 PM
well wheeler sure was a funny character,gotta love the bidoof obssession. and i also found the blake hall's pose quite weird.

~EternalDarkness~
19th July 2011, 8:01 AM
Wheeler was quite the odd character, plus the ranger poses were wired.

Jacobthepokemonfreak
28th July 2011, 4:47 AM
I've captured tons of bosses to fight......a bidoof????? WTF???!!!! wheeler, what's he on?( and can I have some of it?)

Saberu
28th January 2012, 11:33 PM
Togekiss putting up more of a fight than Darkrai did.

Getting an S capture on Darkrai and C on Togekiss is also funny.

Going up to battle Darkrai again and avoiding Togekiss...

Also, Ranger 3. I'd rather battle the final boss a thousand times again than escape from that submarine even one more time. D:

Mitzi
12th July 2012, 7:07 PM
Wheeler is beyond eccentric, and is quite possibly the weirdest character in the series. Although, I can't help but to find it even weirder for characters to refer to themselves in third person. That's just plain creepy.

Mr. Spock
25th September 2012, 12:05 AM
Wheeler is beyond eccentric, and is quite possibly the weirdest character in the series.
ohhh yea
that was one of 2 places where i laughed out loud
the other beng that one dim sun grunt that called the other a nincompoop lol

spyro and sonic
13th December 2012, 1:51 PM
Wheeler....

I don't remember but anyone speaking in 3rd person but I haven't played this game in a while so...

Flo
30th January 2013, 6:37 PM
Okay guys... let me just make it clear to you.

In Japan, many females, especially little girls, refer to themselves in 3rd person. Apparently, this makes them sound "cute", and it is actually commonplace in Japanese culture.

In fact, have you ever noticed how Candice refers to herself in the third-person? This was just a mistranslation.

Mew The Gato
10th May 2013, 1:27 PM
Wheeler is by far the weirdest person ever on the Pokemon Ranger Series to me...

He was just... weird...

Palamon
11th May 2013, 5:14 PM
BLAKE HALL AND WHEELER.

Omg those guys are so creepy why do they even exist? ): Wheeler has a fetish for Bidoof and that's not okay.

☭Azimuth_055☣
11th May 2013, 8:59 PM
Wheeler is the weirdest. What's with his fascination of Bidoof?

Pokemon Robot
28th June 2013, 7:42 AM
The only one of those things that I found odd is Crawford's Ranger pose... that's when he bends over backwards laughing, right?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by everyone referring to themselves in third person... who does that?
Anyway, the things I think are odd are that Ollie never tells you his real name, even when he's getting married, and that Gordor started an entire villainous organization just to get revenge on the man who was a little bit smarter than him. And Gordor had more luck with women, anyway. He had four kids, and instead of just telling Hastings "Look at me, I have a musically talented family", he built mind controlling guitars and forced his children into his crazy scheme to one-up his old rival. But then again, Hastings probably had many girlfriends in his day... Even now, when he must be at least sixty, he has a lab assistant in her twenties fawning over him.
Oh dear, I seem to have gone off topic. Anyway, I don't think there's really that much weirdness.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. The weirdest thing for me was that everytime he did that it kept making me think he would turn evil. Then, by the end of the game, he didn't, and I had to apologize. lol. I was like: Oh yeah, I know you're going to turn evil. Oh wait, sorry.