PDA

View Full Version : I have a question...

Karrina
17th March 2010, 8:15 PM
I am not sure exactly where this belongs, but this seemed the best place for it in general.

I am seeking an answer to relieve a little confusion that I am having.

Alright, I have been breeding like crazy a set of 8 eevee's to transfer over to my Soul Silver game when it comes. Most of them I have evolved already, right now I am working on getting Espeon and Umbreon.

Knowing they base off of happiness/friendship and time of day, I was feeding them all of the varying stat boosters. After giving them ten of each type, minus PP Up, I looked at them and saw, to my surprise, no visible change at all.

They are level one, so I don't know if that means anything in particular, or not, but I am a little befuddled over this.

If it is a glitch, I am curious as to why, but...if it is because it just doesn't show at such a young level...

anyways, any help with this will be appreciated greatly.

Thank you~

Dresden
17th March 2010, 8:28 PM
Okay, feeding them a bunch of vitamins might not be enough on its own. Running around with them holding a Soothe Bell helps too. A good way to measure if their happiness is full is to go to the guy on the beach east of Pastoria City that gives out the Footprint Ribbon. If he doesn't give it to those particular Eevees, then they aren't at max happiness. If he does, you know you're all good to evolve them.

Either way, they have to level up to evolve. That's how happiness evolutions work. Once they reach max happiness, the next time they level, they'll evolve. Obviously do it during the day for Espeon and during the night for Umbreon.

Cerex
18th March 2010, 7:06 AM
Vitamins won't be enough. Eventually you'll max out the stat before their happiness is maxed out and they are ready to evolve. If you don't want to level up any of them before you trade them over you can in addition to the vitamins walk around with them a lot, do the massages everyday, and also give them their EV berries that reduce a base stat up increase their happiness.

Like Dresden said use the Footprint Ribbon to see if they are ready to evolve.

You can do with them evolving into Espeon or Umbreon by Lv. 2 but it will take much longer. One level equals +2 while walking 256 steps equals +1, just to give you figure to keep in mind.

SkittyOnWailord
18th March 2010, 10:22 AM
Gameplay help questions go in the D/P/Pt Help Thread. Don't make a new thread for them. Read the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Discussion Rules.

*Closes*