PDA

View Full Version : new deck ^.^ help plz

Teleri(Squirtle)
24th March 2010, 3:16 PM
heya... i gave up on my last deck... So I need help with ideas for a Squirtle/Haunter/Ralts/Celebi/Pikachu style deck... any of thoses pokemon in a fun and competative deck, thats not been herd of before...
sorry i havnt been on the forums much, ive been kinda busy... (I go to a drama class and ive had like a 5 hour rehersal each day aswell as school work...)
thanks
^.^ ;007;

Nidoprince
24th March 2010, 5:07 PM
Hey, Teleri. It sounds like you want something that isn't what most people do. Well, that's the case, then no Ralts or Haunter. For one thing, Gengar and Gardevoir who evolve from those are one of the most used cards in the world. You can add them in a deck, but it won't be like you wanted. Raichu and Blastoise (Squirtle and Pikachu) are good cards though, and are free. Celebi is too, but it's not much of a good card from what I remember. Now for the actual deck. See, with Blastoise all of them are good. But you should pair it up with Feraligatr Prime from HGSS, which has Rain Dance so you can attatch an extra energy in a turn. The first Blastoise from Secret Wonders lets you attatch as many cards per turn as you like, but it ends your turn. This is good for a Blastoise/Feraligatr deck as both Blastoise and Feraligatr are very slow. The next Blastoise from Platinum lets you look at the top 3 cards of your deck, choose the water energy and attatch them to Pokemon and discard the rest. This is handy, but you have a risk of discarding a good card. Now the upcoming Blastoise lets you move water energy from one Pokemon to the next once. With a 3-3-3 Blastoise line with one of each Blastoise and a 2-2-2 line of Feraligatr, you have a good base of a deck.

ven?
25th March 2010, 4:28 AM
pikachu, if you have these card's, electrive SW(energy from discard), pikachu MT(pichu = energy from discard), magnezone SF 6/106 (steel or electric energy from the discard, attached to your active pokemon), raichu HGSS sure it's a t2 setup but once you have at least 2 of those first three cards thats continuous 100 dmg meaning bye bye water deck's mwhahahaha. haunter/ralts - gengar SF/gardevoir SW power lock deck or run the new gengar for mothergar or cursegar (even using older gengar is possible with gardevior, unless you enjoy playing gallade all the more power to ya), celebi make's good tech for almost any deck, and nidoprince explained a pretty formidable water deck. good luck with whatever you decide

Teleri(Squirtle)
25th March 2010, 11:13 AM
thanks guys ^^
these are some great idea's and i think they will be very competative. I hope to make up a deck list based on these ideas(if that ok) and post it later ^^

thanks again guys ;007; ^.^

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th March 2010, 1:01 PM
I just had a look and saw the Raichu Lv.x... wow that would be a great tech/ second hitter, but then what can I do for a main.

I really want to play a competative Squirtle Ralts deck, so Blastoise/Gardivoir would be nice... but again how.. hmmm Im looking at deck ideas now so... yeah might have a few decklists up later as theres no drama today...

thanks again
;007;
^^

P.S. The pikachu deck would be great against ;130; decks and the new craze for rain dance decks... but what about donphan prime?

Nidoprince
26th March 2010, 3:17 PM
I don't see a strategy between Gartoise though. A competitive deck needs a strategy, Like Raichu and Feralitoise. Also, the upcoming Lanturn Prime is a great fit in that type of deck. I don't use any Blastoise though, because I don't really know what to exchange for it, but since you're starting from scratch, mabye you should try it.

Teleri(Squirtle)
26th March 2010, 4:25 PM
oh
I dont mean for me to use Gyrados decks, just that a pikachu deck would be good against them... I hate gyrados decks and daubt I would use one... ^^

what im saying is
I like the sound of Raichu, Raichu Lv.X would be great aswell...
but would like a Squirtle Ralts styled deck ^^
Its just how I could make one that wasnt normal or used, because then people wouldent be prepared for it ^^

Nidoprince
27th March 2010, 2:46 AM
That's right, original ideas are always best. What I like to do is choose a deck commonly used in my area, and build an original deck to counter it. So if you want something to counter Gyarados, like RR Shiftry who at least negates coin flips. Or Raichus who hit hard and do even another 30 damage. Raichus are somewhat used, but if you want to play that game, you'll never win. A good deck should be somewhat used, not over used. Because if you have the most popular deck ever, like you mentioned, people would expect it. I don't think people would expect Raichu. The HGSS Raichu can give an easy OHKO to Gyarados for 2 Energy (Thunder is 100 damage, plus weakness is 130, the HP of Gyarados), but Gyarados can give a OHKO to Raichu for NO energy. (Tail Revenge and 3 Magikarp in the discard pile is 90 damage, the HP of Raichu) So don't kill Magikarp unless you have to. Good luck with whatever you go with, Raichu or Feralitoise/turn, or even if you find a way for Gartoise to work (I can't think of anything, sorry).

Teleri(Squirtle)
27th March 2010, 10:49 AM
all great points nidoprince ^^

I have had a look at the pikachu/raichu cards and heres an idea

Pichu (Sf) x3
Pikachu (MT) x3
Raichu (Sf x2 and MD x2)
Raichu Lv.X x3
Electivre (Sw) x2
Electabuzz (Sw) x2

is that any good? I'm still thinking or some techs... i will update in a bit ^^

Teleri(Squirtle)
27th March 2010, 10:07 PM
Just one problem...
I don't have any of those cards... What should I do?

Nidoprince
28th March 2010, 4:03 AM
You have 2 options if you don't have them:

1: Proxy them. Not a very good option since you'd be using a ton of proxies.

2. Buy/trade them. Good option since none of those are REALLY expensive.

Y'see, you could just make do with what you have, or spend less by using suitable replacements. For example, instead of 3 Raichu Lv. X, just run 1 and a Premier Ball so you can get them back for using Raichu Lv. X 3 times without having 3 Raichu X. Some of those cards you don't even need anyway. Take Pichu for example. It has a decent attack, but thanks to the new HGSS set you can replace 3 Pichu for 3 Fisherman to do the exact same thing and still be able to attack. Isn't that great? :D The only downside is that if you go first and draw a Fisherman, you can't use it. But it's either that or a prize closer to your opponent winning.

I don't know if you noticed already, but here's what you can do with Electivire: Once Raichu is down, or you have the cards to make your strategy. Super Scoop it Up (Run 4 in this deck) and send up Electivire which you were using it's power while attacking with Raichu, set down Pikachu, and attack with Electivire. Next turn, evolve to Raichu and attack once more. Now next turn you finally retreat Electivire and send up Raichu. Now Lucian's Assignment 3 Energy from E-vire to Raichu, Voltage shoot any Uxie or Claydol, then Thunderbolt or Burst Ball the active for 2 KOs. Repeat. This also works with Electivire FB Lv. X line. Here's a list I would use to start:

Pokemon (21):

2 Pikachu MD - 2 Raichu SF - 1 Raichu Lv. X
3 - Electivire FB - 1 Electivire FB Lv. X
4 Magnemite (Any) - 3 Magneton (Any) - 3 Magnezone (DP and both SFs) - 1 Magnezone Lv. X
2 Uxie LA
1 Baltoy (Any) - 1 Claydol GE

For the trainers and such, your average everyday staples, (Roseanne's, Bebe's, Pokedrawer +, etc.) and 2 Sunnyshore Gym, and 4 Super Scoop Up. The rest is energy. I won't go too far without an update on what you're able to get and what you have. I think I might try a deck like this, it's sounds really nice so far. Oh yea, let me know if you have Nidoqueen RR. Has great healing powers.

Teleri(Squirtle)
28th March 2010, 4:18 PM
good points, I like the idea ^^
I would run
2 Pikachu (MT) - 2 Raichu (SF) - 2 Raichu Lv. X
2 - Electivire FB - 2 Electivire FB Lv. X
2 - Electabuzz (Sw) - 2 -Electivre (Sw)

I do have a Nidoqueen (RR) why? lol

with
Switch x4
Pokemon rescue x2
pokemon Comunication x2
Energy Search x3
Great Ball x2
Memory Berry x1
(I need a none coin toss SSU... i always get tails...)
Roseanne's Reasearch x2
Aaron's Collection x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Bucks training x2
pokemon Collector x1
Copycat x1

Sunnyshore City Gym x2(maybe 3)

9 Electric Energy and 1 DCE

Ten more cards... i would run the Magnezone line... but I dont have the money to get that and compleate HGSS and get these cards and buy the game...

Nidoprince
28th March 2010, 10:47 PM
It's just that it helps your deck a lot. I'll explain it later. Remember, you don't need that many Lv. X when you run NM/Palmer's and Premier Ball. Here's what I'm running in my version:

Pokemon (23):

3 Magnemite (SF 67) -> 3 Magneton (SF 43/100) -> 3 Magnezone (DP and both SF) -> Magnezone Lv. X
2 Pikachu (SF 70) -> 2 Raichu (1 HGSS and one SF) -> 1 Raichu Lv. X
3 Electivire FB -> 1 Electivire FB Lv. X
1 Baltoy (Any) -> 1 Claydol (GE 15)
2 Uxie (LA 43)

Trainers (12):

Premier Ball
2 Night Maintenance
2 Pokedex
Luxury Ball
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Energy Switch

Supporters (10):

4 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
2 Copycat/Cynthia's/Oak's New Theory
2 Felicity's Drawing/Volkner's Philosophy

Tools (2):

2 Energy Link

Stadium (1):

Sunnyshore City Gym

Energy (12):

9 Lightning
3 Basic Metal

A lot of this is based on what I have, but the only cards I don't have for this deck are 2Electivire FB and it's Lv. X, DP Magnezone, Raichu Lv. X, Baltoy, 4 Roseanne's, and one Super Scoop Up.

Strategy: Idea is to start with Electivire FB (That's why 3-1 is better than 2-2, but also because you can only use one of Electivire FB's Powers per turn) and keep on Dump and Drawing and discard as many energy as possible to speed up the game. Eventually you'll be able to get Magnezone SF 6 and Electivire FB Lv. X that way not only can you regular attatch but you can attatch even more thanks to Super Connectivity and Energy Recycle. So if you regular attatch, Super Connectivity, move energy (You can do a maximum of 4 moves with this deck), and Energy Recycle, you can easily set up any 2 Pokemon. But the main point is to set up Raichu ASAP and use Voltage Shoot to kill Claydol and then kill the active (Mostly Gyarados) with Thunderbolt or Burst Ball, Super Scoop Up and re-set up next turn, attack, and repeat.

Nidoqueen is good since it can heal a lot, but I'm not sure if you'd need it. If you run the DP Magnezone and both SF Magnezone, and Magnezone Lv. X, here's what you can do:

DP Magnezone: Free retreat anything dragged up. Normally you'd need 6 Metals in this deck, but with all the stuff you can use to move energy, you can just move the energy onto the active and retreat for free. It's attack doesn't fit in this deck though, so just let it sit in the bench or use that to host Magnezone Lv. X so each Magnezone has a good attack.

SF Magnezone (5): Magnetic Search lets you search for any Pokemon that's not Uxie or Claydol, or Baltoy what so ever. This is why you only need 2 Bebe's and you search for Energy with Roseanne's (Or Baltoy and Uxie). Also, it's attack...discards energy! Exactly what this deck needs.

SF Magnezone (6): Super Connectivity is what makes this deck possible. And it's a free "Warp Point."

Do run 4 SSU. Even if you are unlucky, that's the whole point for this deck, and that's why you run 4 and save them.

blaZofgold
5th April 2010, 10:50 PM
Hey Teleri! Great going making an original deck! Thats the way to do it! =]

I see one flaw in Nidoprince's plan - what if the Magnezones die? Electivire FB can't hold its ground very much...

For Gardevoir, dont give up on that idea yet! I discovered a completely unfair gardevoir strategy

2 Gardevoir Lv X
3 Gardevoir (2 SW and 1 PL)
3 Kirlia SW
4 Ralts SW
2 Giratina Lv X
3 Giratina PL w/earth power
1 Executtor HG
2 Execute HG

This is how it works: The executtor has a move that does 40x the number of psy energies you have (you'll need to flip though)
So use the PL Gardevoir and transfer all psy energies up front and BAM!!!!!
The Giratinas restrict the opponents attacks by forcing a discard every time
And the two other Gardevoirs Use the opponents Supporters against them!

Nidoprince
6th April 2010, 12:34 AM
I've tested out that deck, and by the time they die you really don't need them anymore. Don't be afraid to use Magnezone to attack. I can easily streak 80 and Paralyze each turn with Super Connectivity and Electric Trans to power up Cyber Shock.

One problem with that strategy: A Lv. X counts as a Pokemon of it's previous stage. So you can't run 3-2 Giratina or 4-3-3-2 Gardevoir, only 2-2 or 3-1 or 4-3-3-1 or 4-3-2-2. And that could work, but basicly your saying that until you can get Executtor you have to stall with Gardevoir, then retreat and move all the Energy up? Well one problem is that you shouldn't have to stall with a Pokemon like Gardevoir. You should be able to go straight ahead and attack, but since you can only attatch once, you won't be able to attatch to Gardevoir and move, just attatch to Executtor, and attack. I'm not saying it can't work, but Gardevoir, Giratina, and Executtor don't really mix. Giratina is mostly for spread decks, so you won't be able to choose the Pokemon with the lowest HP if everyone has 30. Just run it like Blissey--Stall and set up with Mr. Mime or Spiritomb, attatch to Executtor every turn, and eventually retreat and sweep.

Nidoprince
6th April 2010, 12:34 AM
I've tested out that deck, and by the time they die you really don't need them anymore. Don't be afraid to use Magnezone to attack. I can easily streak 80 and Paralyze each turn with Super Connectivity and Electric Trans to power up Cyber Shock.

One problem with that strategy: A Lv. X counts as a Pokemon of it's previous stage. So you can't run 3-2 Giratina or 4-3-3-2 Gardevoir, only 2-2 or 3-1 or 4-3-3-1 or 4-3-2-2. And that could work, but basicly your saying that until you can get Executtor you have to stall with Gardevoir, then retreat and move all the Energy up? Well one problem is that you shouldn't have to stall with a Pokemon like Gardevoir. You should be able to go straight ahead and attack, but since you can only attatch once, you won't be able to attatch to Gardevoir and move, just attatch to Executtor, and attack. I'm not saying it can't work, but Gardevoir, Giratina, and Executtor don't really mix. Giratina is mostly for spread decks, so you won't be able to choose the Pokemon with the lowest HP if everyone has 30. Just run it like Blissey--Stall and set up with Mr. Mime or Spiritomb, attatch to Executtor every turn, and eventually retreat and sweep.

blaZofgold
6th April 2010, 9:08 PM
I forgot the trainers
the decks I make use so many poke comms and oaks visit that you practically draw your whole entire deck then use oaks new theory to replenish the deck again
so you dont have to wait to use execcutor
but i get your point though...

i still think the thunder deck needs something more...maybe a regular electivire X?