PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my Platinum soloer!

orsin972
29th March 2010, 6:43 AM
Alright. I'm going to do a platinum runthrough and can't decide between these three:

Porygon - Z

Pinsir

Tauros

Im leaning towards Porygon - Z but I also haven't a clue of a moveset for any.

readysetgo

Dragoon
29th March 2010, 10:05 AM
P-Z should be a good choice. You get a huge movepool, a typing that tends not to screw you over, and recovery. Tauros is only slightly faster and does not have nearly as good an attacking stat. Bug is an awful type.

An00bis
29th March 2010, 4:03 PM
Porygon-Z.

Pinsir will be destroyed by Flint (Infernape especially) and Tauros won't get the moves it needs to take on Byron in time unless you trade the TM for Earthquake over.

Ramsie
29th March 2010, 4:21 PM
Porygon-Z is probably the best choice. Pinsir has too many weaknesses. Tauros is a decent choice but it doesn't have as good an attacking stat.

orsin972
29th March 2010, 4:36 PM
Alright I think I will go with Porygon-Z. What are some good movesets? I was thinking something like:

Psychic
Tri-attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

An00bis
29th March 2010, 4:56 PM
Erm ...

Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot
Tri-Attack
Ice Beam

I noticed that Porygon-Z can't learn any Fire Type attacks so you'll have trouble against Steel Types unless you luck out and get Hidden Power Fire. One Pokemon I think can be troublesome is Lucian's Bronzong which resists both sets and will SPAM Calm Mind to weaken your other attacks. There Pinsir would be helpful since it gets Close Combat ... but it's just a matter of keeping it alive to reach that point.

Don't bother with a slot on recovery. It's so ridiculously easy to make money in Diamond / Pearl that you can keep a stockpile of Hyper Potions / Full Restores to keep Porygon-Z Healthy.

orsin972
29th March 2010, 6:49 PM
Alright thanks for all of the info. If I do manage to somehow get HP fire/ground/fighting (To counter steel) should I go ahead and teach it to Porygon - Z?

Dragoon
29th March 2010, 6:59 PM
You can hit bronzong neutral with Signal Beam (level up), Shadowball (TM), or Thunderbolt (TM). An00bis' set contains thunderbolt, which will deal with anythin not named steelix, for which you will just need to NP up and hit it NFE. The good news is P-Z has monstrous Special Attack, and Steelix has bad S-Def.