PDA

View Full Version : EVs?

EventCollector_
4th April 2010, 1:52 AM
I was searching for a good team for the battle frontier, and I found one I think will do well. However... I am stuck on what to do with the EVs. (Also, the natures are stumping me too.) Any help would be great. :)

Here's the team:

Latios @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
Calm Mind
Surf
Psychic/Dragon Claw
Recover

Weezing @ Leftovers
Haze
Explosion
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Zangoose @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Immunity
Swords Dance
Rest
Shadow Ball/Brick Break
Crush Claw

K-os
8th April 2010, 3:55 PM
Latios @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Claw
- Recover

Put Thunderbolt on this set - the main use of Surf is to take out those Defense-oriented rock/ground types. But those are almost always KOed by Dragon Claw, because of their poor Sp. Defence. Safeguard is a good option, since Paralysis or Confusion can stop this guy dead in his tracks.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Will-o-wisp
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split / Rest

Wisp and Sludge Bomb things untill you get tired or low on HP. From there, you can decide to Explode and almost always take something with you, or use his relatively low HP stat to recover with Pain Split. Rest is also an option to get rid of status. Watch out for Steels - their high defence will wall you completely.

Zangoose @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Too frail to run ChestoRest. Swords Dance when you can, but be careful - almost any decent stab attack will kill him. You can also use Choice Band - but replace SD with Rock Slide for that.

kaelan4000
8th April 2010, 4:16 PM
the moves are good mainly put attack moves instead of status (ok sleep is good)

as for ev (effort values) heres a link to serebii.net with all you need

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

and natures not to be left out

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

your welcome and if you may know how to get steps (a lot of them) on the pokewalker without walking (im stuck on a desk all day) please tell me