PDA

View Full Version : Modified: My first attempt at... a deck.

Flygon3X
6th April 2010, 5:28 AM
Since I just got back at the game, I just took whatever cards I had lying around, and just scraped a "deck" with what I could find. Therefore, there may be lots of flaws, or lots of cards that should be on here but isn't.

Anyway, here it goes...

3x Trapinch - SW
2x Vibrava - RR
2x Flygon - RR
4x Eevee - RR
2x Glaceon (Snow Cloak) - MD
2x Leafeon - RR
1x Uxie - LA
1x Azelf - LA
1x Sableye - SF

1x Luxury Ball
4x Bebe Search
2x Rare Candy
2x Super Scoop Up
2x Pokemon Reversal
2x Warp Point
2x Professor Oak's New Theory
2x Underground Explorer
1x Copycat
1x Night Maintanence
2x Mom's Kindness
1x Enery Restore

3x Rainbow energy
1x Call Energy
1x Multi Energy
7x Water Energy
6x Grass Energy

First thing to do is the get 2-4x Roseane's Research. What else could be better?

Splapp
6th April 2010, 10:21 AM
4x Trapinch - SW
2x Vibrava - RR
3x Flygon - RR
1x Flygon Lv.X

2x Eevee - RR
2x Leafeon - MD (holo one)

1x Uxie - LA

2x Claydol (GE/LA, i forgot :'] )
2x Baltoy (GE/LA, i forgot :'] )
/19

1x Luxury Ball
3x Bebe Search
3x Rare Candy
2x Super Scoop Up
1x Pokemon Reversal
2x Warp Point
2x Professor Oak's New Theory
2x Underground Expedition
2x Copycat
1x Night Maintanence
4x Rosanne's Research
/23

11x Grass
7x Fighting
/16

//60

Try that (:

Nidoprince
6th April 2010, 4:14 PM
Slapp: It's Claydol GE just so you know.

Onto the deck:

-4-4 Glaceon/Leafeon (I have no idea what it's for)
-2 Mom's
-1 Energy Restore
-6 Grass
-7 Water

+1 Flygon RR
+1 Flygon Lv. X
+4 Roseanne's
+2-2 Claydol GE
+3 Sableye OR -1 Sableye +4 Spiritomb (For a good starter Pokemon)
+2 Basic Dark Energy (Free retreat Sableye/Spiritomb)
+2 Fighting Energy
+4 Pokedrawer +

+24

blaZofgold
6th April 2010, 9:15 PM
you'll need another power hitter other than flygon to attack....

what kind of type is your deck aiming for? if you want to stick to colorless I'd say PorygonZ X or Salamence X and then stick in a few basics or so to keep your deck speedy...unless you want to lean to a type

wow...nobody seems to know this... NO MOMS KINDNESS!!!!!! I'm not dissing my mom cause she's awesome but that card does not work. Use oaks visit or something that draws more and gives more choices even mars is better

i would take out scoop up, reversal, and energy restore. You dont need reversal if you have warp point and then just add a few switches (this way is better cause its more guarrantee)

Flygon3X
7th April 2010, 12:56 AM
you'll need another power hitter other than flygon to attack....

what kind of type is your deck aiming for? if you want to stick to colorless I'd say PorygonZ X or Salamence X and then stick in a few basics or so to keep your deck speedy...unless you want to lean to a type

wow...nobody seems to know this... NO MOMS KINDNESS!!!!!! I'm not dissing my mom cause she's awesome but that card does not work. Use oaks visit or something that draws more and gives more choices even mars is better

i would take out scoop up, reversal, and energy restore. You dont need reversal if you have warp point and then just add a few switches (this way is better cause its more guarrantee)

Mom's kindess is only used, because that's really all I have lying around in terms of draw power... I already understand there are lot better options than this. Yes, I can see about the issue with the reversals and energy restore, I seem to always dead draw into them. The biggest issue currently is what I have avaliable, I really don't have much to get very far atm. >_>

Nidoprince
7th April 2010, 3:31 AM
Well what I like to do is pretend I have 4 every card in the modified game and make a deck of what I would do. Then I use what I have, and fill in with proxies what I don't (Although I hate using them, so I only play with proxies with myself) if I need to test.

blaZofgold
7th April 2010, 4:26 AM
you HAVE to have at least some oaks visits, theyre so common theyre EVERYWHERE like in EVERY DECK its so annoying

btw, you still havent said if you wanted to lean to a type or not =]

Flygon3X
7th April 2010, 6:15 AM
you HAVE to have at least some oaks visits, theyre so common theyre EVERYWHERE like in EVERY DECK its so annoying

btw, you still havent said if you wanted to lean to a type or not =]

I'm leaning on towards Flygons here since I already have a playset of them, but it's pretty much the other options that I'm still tinkering on. Now, it's just Eeveelutions because that's just all I have lying around (I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh player, mainly). I already know some of the most common partners for this build will therefore be either Machamp or Donphan Prime, but it's kinda... out of my reach now in terms of avaliability. My first goal mainly is to just turn this into something that at least just works fine.

All I have other than this "deck" are the scraps of the Cutting Edge deck, and old staples that have been reprinted and therefore usuable. I already know the concept of proxing, but I just don't wish to proxy this time. >_>

Nidoprince
7th April 2010, 3:37 PM
Well to make it easier to rate, your going to have to make a list of what you would do, or just state all that you have. Mabye just add more trainers, or combo it with something you have. I know someone who paired Flygon and Giratina perfectly, for example.

Lucario_X_Froslass
7th April 2010, 11:28 PM
Oak's Visit isn't everywhere...and Mom's Kindness is just better for him 'cuz he can only get the kindness of his mom and not get a visit from Oak.

The deck looks nice as a first attempt, and you have a decent amount of stuff to use. Until you get the better draw things (go to a League for Claydols, 'cuz everyone should be offering them), go overkill on cheap draw and search supporters and starting Pokemon for draw. Aerodactyl GL is in the theme deck you got. Use 4 =o

I kinda don't like using the Eevee things here, either. =\ Just use the Hippowdon line (non-SP) and the Rhyperior for something usable that would be easy to get out until you boost the Flygon lines and get your good stuff.

Best start for a deck on this site evar. Update this, as it has nice potential =3

~L_X_F

blaZofgold
8th April 2010, 5:37 AM
cutting edge? use the gallade for a cheap basic
and then lean towards psychic for the rest...

you have a beedrill then for a good strong grass sector...
gengar gl is good sniping without risks..weezing is also a risk reducer...

you have a nice start! remember that that flygon makes retreating a lot easier too

Flygon3X
8th April 2010, 6:20 AM
Oak's Visit isn't everywhere...and Mom's Kindness is just better for him 'cuz he can only get the kindness of his mom and not get a visit from Oak.

The deck looks nice as a first attempt, and you have a decent amount of stuff to use. Until you get the better draw things (go to a League for Claydols, 'cuz everyone should be offering them), go overkill on cheap draw and search supporters and starting Pokemon for draw. Aerodactyl GL is in the theme deck you got. Use 4 =o

I kinda don't like using the Eevee things here, either. =\ Just use the Hippowdon line (non-SP) and the Rhyperior for something usable that would be easy to get out until you boost the Flygon lines and get your good stuff.

Best start for a deck on this site evar. Update this, as it has nice potential =3

~L_X_F

... except I never bought the Drill Point deck... I just got the Flygon line from other people. But, if I still see this out in stores, I'll go ahead to get one to add on to this. Yeah, I can see what I can do with the Aerodactyl GL, along with the other beaters included there. The next issue is obtaining the stuff, since in terms of avaliability of PKMN stuff around my area, it's not that easy to find.

I'll update this once I get the cards to make the changes.

blaZofgold
8th April 2010, 4:30 PM
i do hope there is a TARGET near you....because thats where I get ALL my cards if i dont order them off amazon or something

Lucario_X_Froslass
8th April 2010, 10:56 PM
Oh xD I got the starter decks wrong. I never touch those... xP

Anyways, just get trashy draw trash and other trashy basic trash cards. Then take out bad things and put trash in. After that, buy good things and put that in.

~L_X_F

Flygon3X
9th April 2010, 1:34 AM
i do hope there is a TARGET near you....because thats where I get ALL my cards if i dont order them off amazon or something

Oh yes, it's not like I don't have access to a place like that.

Lucario_X_Froslass
9th April 2010, 4:04 AM
Target is bad for trying to get good cards unless you have a scale. =\ If you don't already have a scale that measures up to .00 hundredths (spell check), get one and scale the packs like crazy and pull good things for trade and get good things back.

Go to league and rip off n00bs. =\ That's really all there is to it.

~L_X_F

Nidoprince
9th April 2010, 4:13 AM
Nah, you can pull good at Target BUT DON'T GET THE SINGLES. I've pulled pretty nice on those blisters and tins.

(BTW, what type of scale are you talking about XD)

blaZofgold
9th April 2010, 6:24 PM
yeah, the tins worth quite a lot plus gives you a free lv X as well

starter decks have their uses. For example, two drill point decks and two rampardos decks get you the basis of the world championships beedrill deck

just costs a heck a lot of money...

Nidoprince
10th April 2010, 2:43 AM
40 dollars to make a World Champion deck? That's not expensive at all. Some of my decks aren't even that good and they cost over 100 dollars.

Flygon3X
11th April 2010, 6:51 AM
Scored big today... I'll update this list once I'm done with the changes.

Flygon3X
11th April 2010, 7:20 PM
Bump, due to deck change. *And no, I didn't get that WC 09 deck, I already have most of these earlier*

4x Trapinch - SW
2x Vibrava - RR
3x Flygon - RR
1x Flygon Lv x. - RR
2x Eevee - RR
2x Glaceon (Snow Cloak) - MD
1x Glaceon Lv. X - MD
2x Baltoy - GE
2x Claydol - GE
1x Palkia - GE
1x Palkia lv. X - GE
2x Unown G - GE
1x Azelf - LA
1x Uxie - LA

4x Bebe Search
4x Roseanne's Research
1x Luxury Ball
2x Premier Ball
4x Poke Drawer+
4x Rare Candy
1x Night Maintance

4x Water
4x Fighting
3x Call
2x Double Colorless

Lucario_X_Froslass
11th April 2010, 7:39 PM
ROFL RayBees had Luxray and Beedrill in it xP None of the starter decks have those cards in them. ;o That's not even close to having those decks built.

I'm talking about those scales people weigh drugs on. Like...the really sensitive ones to check which packs have the super-special awesome Lv.Xs or w/e else in them.

As for the deck, it's better. Just try copying David's list as close as possible.

~L_X_F

Flygon3X
11th April 2010, 7:47 PM
ROFL RayBees had Luxray and Beedrill in it xP None of the starter decks have those cards in them. ;o That's not even close to having those decks built.

I'm talking about those scales people weigh drugs on. Like...the really sensitive ones to check which packs have the super-special awesome Lv.Xs or w/e else in them.

~L_X_F

I always end up pulling everything I need in PKMN tcg... yeah, don't exactly know how I have this kind of luck (Palkia Lv X non promo, Flygon lv. x, Glaceon Lv. X, Mewtwo Lv X non promo). On the other hand, I always pull the most worthless stuff in terms of Yu-gi-Oh, and at most only get half of the avlue I put in. >_>

blaZofgold
12th April 2010, 4:31 AM
ummm... you got the name wrong its luxdrill

and the decks i just listed has a beedrill in each ( the bastiodon decks have the band attack one and the cutting edge deck has the other )
so all you need is the claydols, luxray and viola!!!!!!

now....turning my attention back to the deck (sorry for addressing it so late)

hmmm...personally, the glaceon SV is SOOOOO much better
but otherwise its interesting....
if you have the mewtwo, why not use it??????
yeah. mewtwo is SOOOO much better than a palkia
i mean, you have flygon, so you wont need palkia at all
no stadiums to take advantage of.....

Flygon3X
12th April 2010, 7:00 AM

and the decks i just listed has a beedrill in each ( the bastiodon decks have the band attack one and the cutting edge deck has the other )
so all you need is the claydols, luxray and viola!!!!!!

now....turning my attention back to the deck (sorry for addressing it so late)

hmmm...personally, the glaceon SV is SOOOOO much better
but otherwise its interesting....
if you have the mewtwo, why not use it??????
yeah. mewtwo is SOOOO much better than a palkia
i mean, you have flygon, so you wont need palkia at all
no stadiums to take advantage of.....

You mean Glaceon RR? Yeah, I find them all really close. The main reason I'm using Palkia over Mewtwo at the moment is due to the Water/Fighting type I'm using, but if SP's really become a problem to the point I can't bare with it anymore, I'll perhaps swap to Mewtwo instead. Main purpose of Palkia Lv X. is to cripple your opponent with the switcharoos, and you get free retreats due to Flygon-RR's effect, thus meaning you are most likely to knock out something that could be ideal, like his Claydol, etc.

Lucario_X_Froslass
14th April 2010, 3:49 AM
lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololol I need this thread to stay alive xDxDxD

Basically, he must build David Cohen. It uses Flygon, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Nidoqueen.

/me waits for the "its called stallgon"

~L_X_F