PDA

View Full Version : Shiftry Lock (Needs more speed)

Nidoprince
9th April 2010, 7:19 PM
Pokemon (23):

3-3-3 Shiftry RR
4-4 Dugtrio Pt.
1-1 Claydol GE
4 Spiritomb AR

Trainers (13):

4 Pokeblower+
4 Pokedrawer+
4 Pokemon Reversal
1 Luxury Ball

Supporters (13):

4 Copycat
4 Roseanne's
2 Bebe's
2 Palmer's

Tools (3):

3 Expert Belt

Energy (11) (I have no idea how to lay these out lol):

4 Special Dark
2 Basic Dark
3 Fighting

Strategy: Hopefully start with Spiritomb, Trainer lock and set up 3 Dugtrio, Shiftry, and a Claydol and let Spritomb die. Next turn send up Shiftry, Copycat to even out the number of cards, Reversal/Pokeblower to drag out a Pokemon with 120HP or lower or a high retreat cost, and Conform. The Pokemon is Confused because of Copycat, and every coin flip is tails thanks to Unlucky Wind, and unless they want an auto-KO thanks to Dugtrio, they'll have to use Super Scoop Up, Poketurn, evolving, etc. to get rid of the confusion.

blaZofgold
9th April 2010, 7:34 PM
nice strategy, lots of problems though

there's not enough power once the copycat's are used up. and yes it does draw awfully slow...

i wouldn't have three of the same shiftry, maybe 3-2-2 because the shiftry will stay in long enough for you to use three copycats

there's also too many supporters so you might think about pokecommunicator or dusk ball or quick ball etc.

hey, quick ball is actually a pretty good idea!

Nidoprince
9th April 2010, 8:24 PM
There isn't supposed to be power in this deck. It's supposed to lock the unwanted active in place (Namely Claydol), and slowly kill it. That's what a lock is.

The whole point is to use 3 since I have 3 Expert Belt. I'm actually taking one out for a Memory Berry though. But still, 3 tools, 3 Shiftry.

It's supposed to be the exact opposite, actually. I run Spiritomb in this deck, so if I have it as active and not any Supporters and too many Trainers, I'm screwed. Otherwise that idea would work. Especially if I ran a different starter. But Trainer lock is just another thing that helps this deck, and no other starter gives that.

Here's the changes I've made (Someone else commented on my list on Pokebeach):

-1 Expert Belt
-4 Pokedrawer

+1 Memory Berry
+2 Cynthia's
+2 Collector's

blaZofgold
10th April 2010, 12:45 AM
yeah, i saw someone use memory berry with that deck...

i would say to use another pokemon that can inflict confuse 100% and then just switch to shiftry

EDIT: nvm i found the nuzleaf. seriously, just get 4 memory berries

Nidoprince
10th April 2010, 2:06 AM
Shiftry 100% confuses. You just need Copycat is all. And if the opponent flips a heads and manages to KO the confuser?

4 Memory Berries? O_O Dude, it's only if Shiftry is dragged out too early and I've already attatched to it, but it still can't attack.

blaZofgold
10th April 2010, 3:33 AM
READ THE NUZLEAF!!!!!!!!!!
The move does 10 damage and works like smokescreen. INSTANT DEATH UNLESS YOU RETREAT!!!!! its not even a status condition!!!!!!!

that's why you use a pokemon with rather high hp. even so, it still works better once you run out of copycats

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT!!!!!!! READ THE NUZLEAF!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe you didnt see that earlier

READ THE NUZLEAF!!!!!!!!!

Nidoprince
10th April 2010, 3:39 AM
I did see that earlier. But unfortunatly it only does 10 damage, and it has a 50% chance of failing, seeing the opponent won't retreat with Dugtrio. I like the idea, and it'd work but it needs Expert Belt and with Memory berry I can't attatch Expert Belt, so the only thing not going for 4 Memory Berries is the damage and the flip.

blaZofgold
11th April 2010, 4:57 AM
confused on how it fails 50%

Nidoprince
11th April 2010, 5:23 AM
Oh, nvm, thanks to Unlucky Wind they stay Blinded. I'll try and think of something to take out though.

ven?
11th April 2010, 8:35 AM
i hate to say this but there's no way you can give shiftry RR more speed even if you stack dce's, rossy's, etc it only move's so fast. I do however want to try it out with umbreon from unleashed (whenever it come's out) it give's a valid use for shiftry and would work extremely well in a manectric PT/umbreon RL/shiftry RR, most would probably chose gengar SF over umbreon RL but it's easier to get out and maintain.

also that suck's that your quitting.