PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Speculation/Wishlist

Serebii
21st April 2010, 8:36 PM
Right, this has been requested heavily and I want the speculation out of the confirmed topics so this thread is for you to post your wants and hopes for these games

Do not insult other people based on their ideas, their ideas and wishes are as valid as your own

RedCrow
21st April 2010, 8:45 PM
My wants for Pokemon Black & White

1.No more pre-evolutions of past Pokemon.. at least four or five I guess
2.Faster battles, no more unneeded text.
3.Better storyline, you know, switch it up.
4.I don't really care for a new type, but if one is added, I wouldn't mind
5.More things to do after you beat the Elite four (Or whatever it is this time around) Because right now I have much else to do in Soul Silver

Other than that... I guess better Pokemon, More rivals, and...

Pokemon tournaments, yea that's right, Pokemon tourneys

Cyclone
21st April 2010, 9:04 PM
Here's my wishlist:

I agree with RedCrow on faster battles--VERY necessary.

Also better "throwing Pokeball" animation would be cool.

Get rid of Pokemon animations, god those are irritating

HP bars that don't take hours to drain (Blissey is hell)

Being able to actually view EVs and IVs instead of constantly calculating them

A Battle Tower that limits Hax moves and items

More interesting type combinations like Ghost/Fire, Fire/Grass, Bug/Dragon, etc. There are tons of combos that have been unused.

More evolutions of current Pokemon, like how we got in DP. Those are my favorites, and useful for bringing some Pokemon up to OU battling

Being able to Fly in the air and come across areas/Pokemon in the sky (like Dive in R/S)

More alternate battle music. Like a different battle theme for in a cave, in grass, in Safari Zone, at night, in Battle Tower, etc.

3D battles, oh wait, too late haha

MORE CHALLENGING in general: Trainers should get up to level 60s before E4, and it should be more difficult to earn money

~Dragon_Master~
21st April 2010, 9:06 PM
I want a Mr. Mime Evo and a Jynx evo.

Sweet_Slasher
21st April 2010, 9:21 PM
I just want a good game! Is that too much to ask, oh Santa of the gaming world? :(

KingofkingsNimz
21st April 2010, 9:25 PM
I want Absol to have a prevolution and a evolution and keep the animations they look trippy.

More to do after the elite 4, And able to go to kanto johto hoen and shino.

I agree with battling pokemon when flying or just free fly around. That would be kool.

Here is a kind of evolution chain dragonmanX made.
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs38/300W/i/2008/341/6/1/isol_and_absol_and_bargsol_by_dragonmanX.png

isol - little trouble pokemon
type: dark
info: usaly avoids humans as to not bring it's bad luck apon them.

absol - Disaster pokemon
info: Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon.

bargsol - devistation pokemon
info: it is extreamly rare to see this pokemon, but is rumored that if it was to make an appearce, unspeakable terrors will follow.

Cyclone
21st April 2010, 9:28 PM
And able to go to kanto johto hoen and shino.

I DON'T want Sinnoh/Hoenn/Johto/Kanto in these games. I'd rather the creators spend all their efforts and use all the game's memory to make one BRILLIANT new area, rather than dividing these resources into old lands.

Besides, we just got a G/S remake which has both Johto and Kanto and R/S will probably be remade in a year or two.

InvaderMew
21st April 2010, 9:30 PM
I had a weird dream last night about Black and White... the only legendary I remember looked like a cross between Lairon and Groudon. And then all of the other Pokemon were dark and Zoroark-esque. XD Makes me a bit glad that that was just a dream...

charizownage
21st April 2010, 9:32 PM
Woah that Absol evolution chain is siiiiiiiiiiick :)

S.Bustathedog
21st April 2010, 9:35 PM
I want it to be harder in general. They should shift there target market up to around 13-16 year olds in stead of 10-14 so they can make it harder and give it a meaningful story line.

I would also like there to be a challenge that will keep me entertained after the e4

I want to be able to give me pokemon a longer nickname by a letter or 2

There needs to be more variety in the pokemon so that everyone doesn't end up with the same team.

I want the battles to be more engaging and harder so that if I decide to EV train my Pokemon and level them up 5 levels more than I should the game adapts to that and makes it harder.

I have basically gone over the same things. I WANT IT HARDER AND LONGER.

1ee7leader
21st April 2010, 9:40 PM
I want this game to be cool.

Indragon
21st April 2010, 9:42 PM
Heh, I didn't expect this thread to be made.

Well, so many things which I hope 5th gen provides - good storyline, hard mode, multiple saves, and so much more!!!

porygon69
21st April 2010, 9:43 PM
Interesting pokemon, and characters. A cameo from atleast one character of a previous game would be nice. Besides Professor Oak of course.

Indragon
21st April 2010, 9:45 PM
Ah, yes, something a lot of people will hate me for - character customization and a new type (doesn't have to be Light or anything, anything new is good)

poke_girl
21st April 2010, 9:51 PM
No more word select..
But as that's not going to happen, I'd like it to have more words, seriously being unable to find words like Ribbon and Effort, words used by the game, is really annoying. I can never find the word I want..

Or at least, at least if you're going to put map labelling in, don't limit it to word select.. there's really no point... it's my map, as far as I know its not going to anyone else, you let me name a Pokémon what ever I like, so why must you be so annoying about my map?

KingofkingsNimz
21st April 2010, 9:56 PM
parter pokemon would be kool to!!

WishIhadaManafi5
21st April 2010, 10:10 PM
I want it to be harder in general. They should shift there target market up to around 13-16 year olds in stead of 10-14 so they can make it harder and give it a meaningful story line.

I would also like there to be a challenge that will keep me entertained after the e4

There needs to be more variety in the pokemon so that everyone doesn't end up with the same team.

I want the battles to be more engaging and harder so that if I decide to EV train my Pokemon and level them up 5 levels more than I should the game adapts to that and makes it harder.

I have basically gone over the same things. I WANT IT HARDER AND LONGER.

I definitely agree here. The game itself has gotten too easy.

As for the nickname thing I agree there as well.

Also, they need to make it so that people who can't trade with others can trade with themselves... as in something like Pal Park for those who have a DSi or above. That would be nice to see :).

Also, they need to have more Pokémon events at Toys R Us and at Game Stop. It would be nice to be able to go to more of those, since a lot of the ones that are happening now, are way out of the area that I can get to. And I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

KingofkingsNimz
21st April 2010, 10:15 PM
i Agree Make it harder and add a more longer and new story line.

DANdotW
21st April 2010, 10:17 PM
HP bars that don't take hours to drain (Blissey is hell)
Being able to Fly in the air and come across areas/Pokemon in the sky (like Dive in R/S)

That's got nothing to do with the bar, it's just Blissey's actual HP. They're not going to get rid of stamina-based Pokémon.

I think rather than having those sky-based areas (as they'd be silly and mess with the travelling mechanics of warping to another town), I want them to just bring back Dive.

Have 10 HM's. Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Defog, Dive, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Whirlpool and Flash.

I agree with Cyclone; I wouldn't mind them giving us a new type, but I'm not hoping for it.

I don't want too many pre/evolutions. I hope this generation copies Gen3 and only gives us a couple.

Hilikus
21st April 2010, 10:19 PM
Might be a bit too mainstream RPG, but character classes.Such as stat benefits for battlers, catch increase rates for capture experts and eggs hatching with less steps for breeders?
With any luck more than 107 new Pokemon, because if they have more legendaries than the 4th gen it will be a bit ridiculous.

KingofkingsNimz
21st April 2010, 10:21 PM
Eh, i just want absols pre/evolutions.

Marzillius
21st April 2010, 10:24 PM
No useless pre-evolutions (like Cleffa and Magby).

Have an area like a coral reef in the game. That would be SWEEEEEEEEEEET.

Give Pachurisu an evolution. Right now it's basically useless.

No shortage of a type, like the extreme shortage of Fire-types in Diamond and Pearl.

Dark-type gym.

Grass-type Elite Four member.

Not that many legendaries please.

And don't add that many trade evolutions. I can hardly ever use them, because I don't have access to Wi-Fi and I don't have anyone in the vicinity to trade with.

No more Eeveelutions.

Create more good Bug-types. Stuff like Scizor, Yanmega, Heracross and Vespiquen. Not bad ones like Venomoth and Parasect. We have too many bad Bug-types.

A badass or evil rival. Gary/Blue was badass, and Silver was evil. May/Brendan in R/S/E sucked, they weren't proper rivals since they stopped appearing after a while. Barry was a step up, but not far up enough.

Tougher game.

Longer game.

Better plot.

More to do after Elite Four.

Upgrade the Gen I and II cries. Seriously, it's even painful to listen to Jynx' cry.

The regional team should be Team Rocket again. That Rocket Grunt in Cerulean City said something about going back to his home country and "create Team Rocket". Possible hint?

That's all I can think of right now.

DANdotW
21st April 2010, 10:29 PM
I definately want more Eeveelutions. I don't mind them going until there is one for every type. It makes more sense.

Iota

Sweet_Slasher
21st April 2010, 10:29 PM
Ok ok seriously. I'll post properly now. What we need is:

1. A more interesting storyline. This is a bit vague, but maybe something other than baddies trying to get legendaries on their side, as it has been in the last few games? I think they spend more time on less important things than the actual plot.

2. a. More mini-games and extras! They already have the Safari and the Battle Frontier but no-one really goes to those, especially the Frontier, because of the monotonous battling and how hard it is to get prizes etc. etc...
I don't have any particular ideas on games and such but i'll leave the geniuses to sort that out.
b. Side quests would be cool, I'm not sure how it'd work or what it'd be like but it'd be nice to add a few things to take you away from the main game so it doesn't get boring.

3. More like the anime. There should be different methods of training your Pokémon and more uses for moves... Pokémon in the anime is so much cooler because it's less about type advantages and disadvantages and more about skill. It would be so much better if it was more about skill than just using ubers all the time. XD Again, no idea how they'd do that. Gimmie a break, i'm tired! :D

Well i've tried. Don't be mean about my ideas please :(

KingofkingsNimz
21st April 2010, 10:31 PM
I want more strong attacks forevery type.
and atleast 1 KO move for every type: such as Perish song and sheer cold.

Rogue1120
21st April 2010, 10:41 PM
I want Absol to have a prevolution and a evolution and keep the animations they look trippy.

More to do after the elite 4, And able to go to kanto johto hoen and shino.

I agree with battling pokemon when flying or just free fly around. That would be kool.

Here is a kind of evolution chain dragonmanX made.
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs38/300W/i/2008/341/6/1/isol_and_absol_and_bargsol_by_dragonmanX.png

isol - little trouble pokemon
info: usaly avoids humans as to not bring it's bad luck apon them.

absol - Disaster pokemon
info: Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon.

bargsol - devistation pokemon
info: it is extreamly rare to see this pokemon, but is rumored that if it was to make an appearce, unspeakable terrors will follow.

I totally agree with you - especially wit Absol :D ps. Bargsol looks f****** EPIC! :D :D

Cyclone
21st April 2010, 10:43 PM
That's got nothing to do with the bar, it's just Blissey's actual HP. They're not going to get rid of stamina-based Pokémon.

I'm not saying give Pokemon less HP, I'm just saying don't let the HP bar take THAT long. It should move as quickly as it moves in Pokemon Battle Revolution, which is a nano-second, no matter how much HP a Pokemon has

Sweet_Slasher
21st April 2010, 10:46 PM
I'm not saying give Pokemon less HP, I'm just saying don't let the HP bar take THAT long. It should move as quickly as it moves in Pokemon Battle Revolution, which is a nano-second, no matter how much HP a Pokemon has

I know what you mean and I agree. Quicken the HP bar!

Mawile412
21st April 2010, 10:46 PM

yeah! it makes battles just go on forever -_-

Rampaging Rodent
21st April 2010, 10:58 PM
People have complained about all of the new evolutions in the 4 gen. I honestly don't mind adding evolutions, prevoltions annoy me though. I'd really like evolutions for some of those useless "trophy" pokemon i.e Mawile, Pachirisu, Farfetch'd and (clears throat) Sableye.

Indragon
21st April 2010, 11:06 PM
As mentioned, I'm hoping for a lot to do after the League as well along with a Battle Frontier in B&W and not exclusive to the third game.

Also, they need to have more Pokémon events at Toys R Us and at Game Stop. It would be nice to be able to go to more of those, since a lot of the ones that are happening now, are way out of the area that I can get to. And I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

One that note, I think they should reduce the number of event-only Pokemon, possibly do away with the idea, and only give out "special" Pokemon at events (like how the beasts are obtainable in HGSS but you get shiny ones for the 13th movie).

Agreed there.

The regional team should be Team Rocket again. That Rocket Grunt in Cerulean City said something about going back to his home country and "create Team Rocket". Possible hint?

I don't think so - there's nothing more that can be done with Team Rocket apart from them just being bad because the game needed an evil team. There's only so much you can do with TR and they'd get stale in gen 5. Plus, they've already gotten two regions; I'm hoping for a brand new team this time round.

Also, Team Rocket and good storyline don't mix well :/

2. a. More mini-games and extras! They already have the Safari and the Battle Frontier but no-one really goes to those, especially the Frontier, because of the monotonous battling and how hard it is to get prizes etc. etc...

Plenty of people go to the Battle Frontier. Despite the hax and stuff, it's one of the best things in the game. But I do agree, new mini-games and sidequests (especially this) should be added.

Ally
21st April 2010, 11:19 PM
I want to see good wifi battling!

In diamond and pearl i was very annoyied with wifi and how it worked, i.e. uploading data and then the computer does the work. It was just really the battle tower again but with uploaded pokemon.

Hoping the in Black and White wifi battles will be like friend battles i.e. 6 pokemon no limits etc etc.

also agree with most other people on here:

1. Alot to do after elite 4 (maybe the other regions) just something interesting unlike D/P where you just didn't do anything

2. No stupid evolutions maybe some for pokemon who need it i.e. dunsparce, quilfish, farfetch'd etc

3. PLEASE PLEASE a normal amount of legendaries (2 mascots pokemon, trio pokemon, 1/2 Post-E4, 1/2 event)

Vipsoccermaster
21st April 2010, 11:23 PM
Hmm, I say more things to do after Elite 4, more Pokemon, and explore past regions.

porygon69
21st April 2010, 11:25 PM
Double battles were fun. I think they should introduce triple battles. It sounds more challenging.

Samayowa
21st April 2010, 11:28 PM
My hopes for Pokemon Black and White (or generation 5 in general):

Actual NEW Pokemon; give us some brand new ideas, creatures that will shock us, amaze us and inspire us to play! Less pre-evos/evos of already in existence Pokemon, if you wanted them to have these other forms, put them in the same generation!

More length in story-line and in things to do. Some players are finished with the game in a matter of days, hell, some even in hours; now where's the fun in that? Make the game more challenging and have more depth so that we'll want to make sure we do every single thing we can and stretch game-play throughout a longer period of time than 48 hours.

A Rainforest area; I think that would be just neat!
I like the Coral Reef idea someone mentioned, I think that would be spiffy!
An ACTUAL Forest, not just a path through shrubs and some trees.
Overall I would like the region to be rich in different Biomes; give us a Tundra or a VAST desert.

From the screenshot of the city, I'm hoping that all cities will be more individualized and have major differences from each other.

I would enjoy both the rival and "Team" to be more bad/evil, or give them a different role than the typical roles they've been given.

A more differentiated gym line-up; I want they gym types to be more challenging and different than gyms in previous generations. Give us something different then Rock, Grass, Water blah blah blah. Spice it up a bit! DARK gym!

Also, just an overhaul of different typed Pokemon would be nice. We need more fire types, more, BETTER dark types, more dual-types (different) and just a bigger mix of types stretched out through the Pokemon!

Tougher trainers and higher levels leading up the League, the games are getting ridiculously easy.
A better Elite Four lineup, give us a good mix of types and trials for the Elite Four and Champion!

LESS legendaries, what good are they?

Graphics appear to have been greatly covered in these games, so no worries for me there.

That's all my little brain can come up with for now!

Mudster
21st April 2010, 11:36 PM
I'd like to see some evolutions of existing pokémon, though as already mentioned by other members, only the pokémon that need them. Either that some interesting alternate evolution chains for some exisiting pokémon, for example I am personally a fan of Gallade as I thought it was a brilliant alternative to Gardevoir. I think it'll be interesting to see if we can transfer spiky-eared pichu to Black and White and if so, if it will evolve. Its a possible chance to give the Pikachu family an interesting alternate evolution line, adding a secondary type like fighting or psychic. I'm also pretty for seeing more formes of pokémon, whether they be old or new.

In terms of new moves, I'd like to see a few more bug and dark type moves. The 4th generation added some great bug type moves like Bug Buzz and X-Scissor, but I still don't think we've seen the best from Bug-type pokémon, and I think it'd be cool if there was a bug legendary.

I would kind of like to see the customisable trainer feature implemented on an obviously smaller scale from Battle Revolution. It just helps to make the game that much more personal.

I know its pretty much confirmed, but I really want to be able to transfer my well-trained pokémon from gens III and IV to gen V, and I'd like to see this in a pal park type setting, where you can just bulk transfer your pokémon rather than spending all that time individually trading pokémon between games. And bulk trading could be a good idea too.

poke_girl
21st April 2010, 11:44 PM

Does the battle frontier not do that at all? It does for me. >.>

Also the nickname thing won't happen if tradeability with D/P/Pt/HG/SS is to be retained I thinks.

DarkMammoth
21st April 2010, 11:55 PM
Ok ok seriously. I'll post properly now. What we need is:

1. A more interesting storyline. This is a bit vague, but maybe something other than baddies trying to get legendaries on their side, as it has been in the last few games? I think they spend more time on less important things than the actual plot.

I don't have any particular ideas on games and such but i'll leave the geniuses to sort that out.
b. Side quests would be cool, I'm not sure how it'd work or what it'd be like but it'd be nice to add a few things to take you away from the main game so it doesn't get boring.

3. More like the anime. There should be different methods of training your Pokémon and more uses for moves... Pokémon in the anime is so much cooler because it's less about type advantages and disadvantages and more about skill. It would be so much better if it was more about skill than just using ubers all the time. XD Again, no idea how they'd do that. Gimmie a break, i'm tired! :D

Well i've tried. Don't be mean about my ideas please :(

I won't be mean, but I will respond to a few things I disagree with.

1. I actually don't mind this idea too much. As long as there's still the gyms and stuff (which they'd never change anyway), it's all good.

2. Hey now, I love the Battle Frontier, and hope they keep adding new additions to it. It's a fun challenge to take part in if you wanna test your skills. However, more minigames and sidequests would be fun. Gives you more stuff to do in the game.

3. This is where I disagree a lot. I don't get what you mean by different training methods, or different move uses. But I do know that competitive battling isn't only about type advantages and using ubers. It does take skill to competitively battle. Doing it like the anime(real time battling, I assume you mean) would just require different strategies.

Though a spin-off game that does some in depth real time battling would be pretty cool.

poke_girl
22nd April 2010, 12:01 AM

No more Eeveelutions.

Upgrade the Gen I and II cries. Seriously, it's even painful to listen to Jynx' cry.

I like pre-evolutions, they're cut. x3 But I think they could add something to make more of a reason to have them. Like a baby-Pokémon battle place. xD; I'd love that.

Noo, we need more.. More I say! One for every type.. we need a bug one! XD

Yeah, those cries really need to be updated, it was a little embarrassing in class at collage once when someone was like "What the hell was that?!" when an old Pokémon let out its cry..

Meh, Team Rocket may be bad and ****, but only bring them back if you're going to make them a freekin challenge, so disappointed with them in HG/SS... the leader was especially disappointing. I know people say the games are super 'easy' (Using over powered Pokémon most of the time >.> Probably.) But I at least found Cyrus kind of challenge to beat.. he didn't use something like a Koffing.. and only 3 Pokémon in the final battle with him... Sorry.. I'm just really disappointed with Team Rockets leaders Pokémon in HG/SS right now. >_>;

Torpoleon
22nd April 2010, 12:04 AM
1. Faster Battles, like a lot of people said.
2. Some more evolutions/pre evolutions. I'm hoping for:
A. Torkoal Evolution
B. Absol Evolution
C. Sunflora Evolution
D. Magcargo Evolution
E. Carnivine Pre Evolution/Evolution
F. Chatot Evolution
G. Chimeco Pre Evolution/Evolution
H. Delibird Evolution
I. Dunsparce Evolution
J. Farfetch'd Evolution
K. Heracross Evolution
L.Quilfish Evolution
M. Sableye Evolution
N. Relicanth Pre Evolution
O. Seviper Pre Evolution
P. Zangoose Pre Evolution
Q. Shuckle Evolution
R. Tauros Evolution
S. Luvdisc Evolution
Obiviously this is not for just Generation V. I'm mainly hoping for a Torkoal evolution. I have wanted that since around 2008.
3.They take off that "Saving a lot of data" thing.
4. A Good Rival like in Pt and that the other Player Character you can battle with AND against.
5. Pal Park(unless if RS or just E gets remade into Generation V.)
6. New Moves & Abilities.
7. More Boxes(maybe up to 20)
8. Brand New Battle Frontier(or just a Battle Tower with their being a Battle Frontier in the third version, like what happened in Generation III & Generation IV.
9. A Place to Re Battle Gym Leaders like in PtHGSS.
10. Re Battle the Rival with the levels going up by 20 after 20 League wins, like in Pt.
11. Higher Elite 4 & Champion Levels after First time like in HGSS.
12. Running Shoes Feature from HGSS.

That's probably it for now. It could change at any moment though.

KingofkingsNimz
22nd April 2010, 12:04 AM
100% absol evolution ;p hes da best
More eveelutions sounds preety kool. but itz hard to pick which 1 u want. i hate that

22nd April 2010, 12:36 AM
*cracks fingers*

1. I would like to see a majority of completely new Pokemon. As in not related to preexisting Pokemon. Seriously, we had 28 Pre-Evos/Evos in 4th gen. Although that's about 8 more than 2nd gen, that's still kinda a lot. I think we only had 2 pre-evos in 3rd gen, right? I want a good number of the new Pokemon to not be related to any of the other generations. (Note, I may have mixed up the numbers a bit. Sorry if I did.)

2. I would like to see a longer storyline, a longer region, and for the final few areas to be better to train in. I've noticed that people said that the games have gotten easy, yet I've struggled with Platinum (A little), HG and SS at the end because the wild Pokemon were not good sources of EXP. Want higher level wild Pokemon plz.

3. Either a better contest system or no contest system. I found the berry raising, Pokeblock/Poffin Making, and move planning stuff to be tedious and frustrating, as well as when the computer screws you over. I thought the Pokéathlon was so much better than the contests.

4. No light type. I know I'll probably be hated for this, but seriously, Dark is fine by itself, it's pretty much Psychic's counter, plus if they planned to bring in light type, they would've back during GSC. Plus, we're technically talking two types of light - the holy light, and the whole wavelength stuff and spectrum and how we can see.

5. I want the Trapinch line to be available pre-National dex plz. >: *shot*

6. Again I'll probably be hated for this, but I don't want to see the Battle Frontier. At least in Black and White. Probably in the 3rd game. But seriously, I never been a fan of the battle frontier. As with the contests I found it frustrating and honestly a waste of time to EV Train. I miss the good ol' days when just having a level 100 Pokemon you trained up by yourself with no special tricks or anything made you the envy of your friends. Of course, I doubt this wish will come true...

7. PokeRadar to come back. *shot*

8. No Geodude in every single freaking route. God. That's one thing I hated about D/P/Pt.

9. I would like to see key items to replace HMs, in a sense. Like key items that you could buy but are really expensive. Of course, it'd probably work for only a few HMs, like Cut, Flash (lamp), and Rock Climb (rock climbing equipment). I doubt this will happen though.

10. I want to see the GTS to be improved a little bit, again I doubt it'll happen. I'm just tired of seeing over-the-top wants for trades.

11. Speaking of trades, I would like to see the trade system to be better than the time machine of GSC (In which you have to only have Pokemon that are from the first gen with no new moves.) Something a little like the Griseous (SP?) Orb for Giratina. When you try to trade or interact in any way with D/P/Pt/HG/SS, the attendant will take the 5th Gen Pokemon and Pokemon with new moves and hold them for you. It'd be better than having to go back and forth to the PC.

12. I want to see a fire bat Pokemon. That is all.

JohnDoe
22nd April 2010, 12:44 AM
Only a few pre-evolutions (if none that is still great!)
LOTS of new and interesting Pokemon - some fake ones I've seen have been great.
Wicked cool starter Pokemon
Following Pokemon feature like in Heart Gold and Soul Silver

TheLupineOne
22nd April 2010, 12:55 AM
Zangoose evo. It's been a long time coming...

Torpoleon
22nd April 2010, 12:56 AM
They should have the Following Pokemon Feature in BW as well, but have it be where you can have the Pokemon follow you only if you want to. From the screenshots, it looks like the Pokemon are not following the character.

BW should also have a GTS.

R_N
22nd April 2010, 12:58 AM
Main wish: Smeargle evolution. Gotttta believeeeeeeeeee!
For the trading animations to be trimmed down some.

Aside from that...I wouldn't mind a, for example, traveling salesman. Every day, he could be in a different city/town/route, selling different things, primarily rare berries, items, evolution items, and TMs.
Make it expensive, but it'd be nice to have more options for evo items, and certain TMs.

Biggest wish that won't come true: For the fandom to break the cycle of "new gen sucks" complaints.

munchlaxboy
22nd April 2010, 1:08 AM

I think Mr. Mime should have a female counterpart, much like how Glalie has Froslass and Gardevoir has Gallade.

Agree with the Jynx evolution, too. I can imagine her evolution to be like that of Alakazam. Extremely high Special Attack (perhaps better than Alakazam), great Speed (a little lower than Alakazam), and good Special Defense (a little better than Alakazam). I'll just whip up a stat chart...

HP: 70
Attack: 25
Defense: 25
Special Attack: 145
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 105

She would be an amazing Special Sweeper, but could not possibly handle any physical priority moves, as even a Fake Out could knock her out. Being a Psychic type as well, the move Pursuit would destroy her.

It would probably be smart to run a Choice Scarf set on her, with a Modest nature and maximum EVs in Special Attack and Speed.

...Wow, I got WAY too into that.

xsedr
22nd April 2010, 1:17 AM
-A Mount Battle Style Location (many repeatable battles), because lets face it, when you want to raise a new pokemon that you want to reach level 100 fast nothing beats roughly 100 battles that range from level 20 - 70. Wild pokemon are nice but after so long its just unbearable, and the elite 4 is single battle and theres a slight delay after winning and you don't get healed in between. I know this sounds easy but Mt. Battle was tough in XD
-A dark type gym (long overdue)
-A new dungeon style (No zubat/machop/geodude lines before the national dex, and make them rare after that)
-Rework out of battle moves (If a pokemon has wings it should be able to fly without the move, but still require the gym badge and possesion of the HM, makes exploring easier as i can have my whole team, not just 5 with an hm slave. Not just for Fly but for all HMs, though don't remove the moves as some were quite good)
-The return of Diving and a coral reef area, as well as a rainforest
-Some Lovecraft based Legendary Pokemon (and not 10 new legendaries this time), bug type fits right in with those guys.
-A darker storyline. Generation 4 and 3 kind of got a bit darker. Plots to destroy the world, alter the planets geography using cataclysms, blow cities up, etc. Also one thats a bit longer
-Trainers who actually evolve pokemon at the right level (not too early, not even one level late), its not that this is drastic, it's just always annoyed me, especially in the Battle Frontier
-Two Pseudo Legendaries. Metagross and Salamence hit the mark on this. One new dragon to follow tradition, and one brand new type combination like Dark-Psychic, don't tell me that wouldn't be awesome, no weaknesses except bugs

Silver_Seoul
22nd April 2010, 1:18 AM
2. Some more evolutions/pre evolutions. I'm hoping for:

G. Chimeco Pre Evolution/Evolution

Chingling is Chimeco's pre-evo, Torpoleon. >__<;

I can see how you'd forget that, though. The thing's pretty useless, IMO.

Kindrindra
22nd April 2010, 1:27 AM
I think Mr. Mime should have a female counterpart, much like how Glalie has Froslass and Gardevoir has Gallade.

Normally, this would sound like a good idea.
It, however, isn't. Remember, pokemon starts as being Japanese, then is translated. Mr. Mime is NOT Mr. Mime in Japanese. In fact, it's Barrierd. So, when genders were introduced in GS, the Japanese were like 'Okay, Barrierd. Don't see any problem with them being both genders'. Then, the translation guys are all tearing out their hair like, 'Oh sh**, we totally didn't expect them to bring in genders! We are so screwed!'.

Thus, why Mr. Mime will never get a female counterpart.

Roxas.XIII
22nd April 2010, 1:43 AM
I want bargsol. Also only one reigon, OR make hoenn in it, not a remake.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 1:48 AM
First off, I have to agree with others before me, the Absol evolution chain is sweet.

I understand that the game is marketed for a younger audience but alot of fans that started playing Red and Blue are much older now and still enjoy the series. A more complicated and mature storyline. I don't mean it needs to be adult oriented, just not so "I LIKE SHORTS WANNA BATTLE *slaver*" kiddish.

I like the idea of exploring past regions and going through past gym leagues, but please extend the storyline through them. Or have a separate storyline for them.

A new type would be nice. I wouldn't even mind the dreaded light type, as long as they stayed away from angelic images. I'm very tired of the overuse of angelic creatures. I like the light type idea, but make it about "light" and make it unique.

I like how your rival, your friend, Prof. Rowan, and even Crasher Wake had more interaction with you and even continued to reappear in more roles than just challenging you to random battles. I loved the moment at the Spear Pillar when your rival shows up to help. Helped make it feel like you weren't the ONLY major player in the storyline.

I would love to see contests AND the pokethalon in the game. I like how it gives you more than just battling to do with your pokemon.

I like previous ideas of "classes", in a way. I've always wanted to see them give you a choice of focusing on training a certain type. I've yet to come up with interesting and balanced ideas for the bonuses you would receive as a Dark trainer or Grass trainer, for example, but that's why I'm not a game designer.

I would LOVE to see them re-balance previous generation pokemon. So many 4th Gen pokemon are so ridiculously powerful when compared to 1st Gen pokemon that there's no use in using them. Why should you not be able to use Pidgeot instead of Staraptor and still not feel like the rest of the trainers are laughing at you.

And while reading through, I've lost whoever originally said it, but whoever said we need more, better dark types. Amen! Thank you!

Dattebayo
22nd April 2010, 1:52 AM
- Evolution to Jynx, Pinsir,Banette, and Pachirisu
- Pre-evolution to Tauros and Miltank
- Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Ice, Fighting/Flying, Dark/Fighting, Ghost/Ground
- Clothes Changing Feature (kinda like the Dragon Quest games)

Togekiss•Torchic
22nd April 2010, 2:02 AM
I pray for a pachirisu evo if it happens just hope it looks cute ^_^

Mawile412
22nd April 2010, 2:11 AM
100% absol evolution ;p hes da best
More eveelutions sounds preety kool. but itz hard to pick which 1 u want. i hate that

what's with you and absol? :| does every post have to include something about absol? like wtf, there's a lot more pokemon that need an evolution more like Mawile and Luvdisc

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 2:12 AM
- Clothes Changing Feature (kinda like the Dragon Quest games)

Saw this mentioned earlier, in a way. Customizable avatars would be awesome.

22nd April 2010, 2:13 AM
I think a new type is inevitable.

But I'm gonna throw a curve, no pre-existing pokemon until after the e4. They're new games, a new region, why not focus on the "new" and just run the past gen's in swarms, pokeradar, or safari zone.

GreenDay4ever
22nd April 2010, 2:18 AM
Moar absol!

I just want the eight badges system out of the game completely...

oh and A spinda Evo would be awesome

other than that I just hope they don't make ugly pokemons... thats the last thing we need :P

Mawile412
22nd April 2010, 2:21 AM
Moar absol!

oh and A spinda Evo would be awesome

other than that I just hope they don't make ugly pokemons... thats the last thing we need :P

i agree COMPLETELY about the spinda evo and no more ugly pokemon. :) but then again, i have odd tastes Feebas is adorable to me

TopPercentage
22nd April 2010, 2:27 AM
More one-off hard to catch pokemons (legends, lapras in GS, etc.)

Love stuff like that

22nd April 2010, 2:30 AM
Or how about more than 8 gyms? Have other towns have gyms where you pick which 8 (or more) you want to battle to go to the e4 or have a league tournament which the winner then faces the e4.

Royal_kyogre
22nd April 2010, 2:32 AM
Personally I agree with the battles being faster , but making it harder I don't agree I think the difficulty level should stay the same , because there are younger pokemon fans and personally I have two younger siblings who love to play the games soo making harder would just be a total loss, I would also love to see shadow pokemon in the game a new story line cuter pokemon and nooo more eevee evolution

22nd April 2010, 2:37 AM
Or how about more than 8 gyms? Have other towns have gyms where you pick which 8 (or more) you want to battle to go to the e4 or have a league tournament which the winner then faces the e4.

Jirachi Chick :)
22nd April 2010, 2:42 AM
Secret bases/The Underground needs to come back.
Diving should too.
I'd love some kind of co-op that isn't Battle Tower, you could team up with a friend to double-battle and stuff.

Dante Falls
22nd April 2010, 2:45 AM
Wish-but-will-never-happen-list

Variable Levels on Opponents Pokémon.
Instead of coming across an opponent with Pokémon 10 levels below yours (especially when you soley use one Pokémon, and it dominates the entire game), have a system which adjusts the levels of the opponent to 70% to 110% of your highest level.

Per example: If you had a level 50 Pokémon in your party, the opponent would send out a Pokémon with a level modifer of 80%, meaning it'd be level 40. Level modifier of 110% would be level 55. etc. This would make the game adapt to your levels. With mooks having something as low as 60-70%, whilst Bosses having up to 100-110% on a few of their Pokémon.

Open Map.
Instead of having a single course to follow through the game, have it more open, able to make your own choices: which towns to go to; whether to battle this gym or that gym, whether to follow Team Rocket to Town X or Town Z. Obviously, some routes would be hindered by things like Rock Smash, Surf, Flash etc, but make more than one possible choice.

With the Level Modifiers, they'd be no danger of encountering stronger foes in one route, then coming back to a second route and finding ridiculously weak foes.

Also, perhaps have multiple choice options; say Team Rocket are attacking two towns, you can only defend one whilst the other is over-run and destroyed or something. Obviously any useful NPCs and Events would be moved to another location throughout the map. Just vary the things up a bit.

Less Linear Routes
Instead of having a straight path from Town A to Town B, have wider areas, like the Snowing route in Sinnoh, or the Desert route in Hoenn. Have a big area in the centre of the map, where there are 5 possible enterences and exists to, leading to different places (I like the idea of a Rainforest). This would tie into an Open Mapped gameplay style.

Wishes-That-May-Come-True-List

Battle Café-style area, for rebattling Leaders & NPCs. None of this Phonecall lark. I hate having to ring a single Gym Leader up at a specific time on specific day, especially when I want a lot of high-levelled battles and have to continually reset my DS clock and date.
Interesting Pokémon. Whether they're pre-evolutions, evolutions or new Pokémon, just have a concept that will make me go "Awesome!". Subjective, obviously.
Interesting moves. Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Roost, were all interesting moves. More like them. Also, give Pokémon lacking in a decent movepool (Eeveelutions) better moves to suit them.

Interesting evolutions. Shedninja, Milotic, etc. Also, use the original methods of evolution (Fire Stone, Water Stone, Thunder Stone, etc) on new Pokémon. I can't think of any Generation IV Pokémon that evolved that way. Like how Ludicolo evolved using the Water Stone, introduced in Generation 1. And such.

Interesting NPCs. Occasionally find Gym Leaders or prominent NPCs in the Battle Frontier, or by a lake, or something. Show that they don't just spend all their time in their gym/lab. Finding Gym Leaders to get their number was a step in the right direction.

Balance out the number of types. Less water Pokémon this time, more Fire Pokémon. (Another desertin a landlocked region would possibly solve this)

HAVE SECRET BASES RETURN. Battling a customised team of your many opponents was amazing. Especially as they where Level 100 and gave out experience. Battling a team of legendaries in a little fancy hut was great. The Battle House in Kanto is a good idea, but the Pokéwalker method just seems more of a gimmick. Have numerous ones and stick them around the region. They make uninteresting, unvisted locations (Like the 3rd exit in Whismur Cave) more exciting and useful.

Pinsir/Heracross & Miltank/Tauros pre-evolution. But not just for the sake of it. Do a Tyrogue and introduce a third evolution. A third Bug and a third Bull, just to make it seem less pointless.

That's all I can think of. Probably wont happen, but I'll still enjoy the game.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 2:47 AM
Or how about more than 8 gyms? Have other towns have gyms where you pick which 8 (or more) you want to battle...

I love this idea, actually. Don't ever see it happening, but love the idea.

Tackman
22nd April 2010, 2:59 AM
I agree with Royal_kyogre about difficulty. However, the post game side quests could be harder! It would be nice that to get a legendary pokémon, you don't just have to go to a certain location and catch said pokémon. Instead, you go on an epic quest where you have to accomplish several hard tasks such as fighting other trainers that want said pokémon for themselves, or that the pokémon can only be catched with a special pokéball created by an elderly and skilled craftman who went into hiding to prevent that his powerful pokéballs fall into the wrong hands! Okay, that may be far fetched, but still, you got to admit it would be awesome! :P

Also, I want only two evolutions of previous pokémons, Absol (to avoid getting shot by the other forum members) and Pachirisu!!! Otherwise, I want more entirely new pokémons!

More story and more epic sidequests (as stated above) gym leaders that do more than just staying in their gyms, evil gym leaders would be awesome too! In other words, if the story and characters could be more like in the Pokémon Adventure Manga, I would be one happy trainer!

Contests, pokéathlon... I don't hate them, but I find them useless... If only you could be reward with some rare pokémons or TMs instead of... ribbons... that would be great!

I WANT MORE POKÉWALKER!!! I LOVE that thing!

Also, more strategic moves!

Dolphin and squid pokémon! And an Ice/Dragon! Also an Ice/Bug! Or an Ice legendary! (And I mean, more legendary than Articuno or Regice) A legendary Bug would be rather funny too!

Light type? Yeah, that would be nice! As long as there's an Ice/Light pokémon, of course!

Ememew
22nd April 2010, 3:03 AM
Because this is supposed to be a guess for the 2 new games of Gen V, I'll have 2x5 ideas in my wish list.

1) Exactly 5 types have not been used by the Elite 4 and Champion (when you count the Champ change in Hoenn). These are Electric, Normal, Flying, Grass, and ROCK. Hopefully we'll get a Rock E4 member instead of the first gym leader AGAIN.

2) An option when trading to trade one at a time, like usual (if you just want to trade a few), or to trade full party (must have 6 Pokemon each). Many people get 6 Pokemon at once in their party ready to trade, so give the option of trading them all together.

3) Longer post-Elite 4 storyline. Not just a Battle Frontier (it's all right, but it's just battle after battle). I get so annoyed that they always finish the Team Whatever plot before you even fight the 8th Gym (a power outage? A candy salesman that wants you to sight-see? Really?). They could draw it out for a tough, story relevant, boss fight and story events even after the Elites.

4) 9 HMs. Allowed to use the 9th as a field move after you defeat the Champion, the rest come from badges. But make the moves useful for battle. Who wants a base 40 power move you can't forget until much later?

5) More choice in the order you can battle gym leaders in. From a level standpoint, this could look like Johto if they did it wrong, but they could make it so the levels of the you-pick-the-order gymleaders reflect how many badges you've already gotten.

6) Double-Battle gym. Liza and Tate were all right, but another one would be cool. Maybe make it so you have to team up with one of your rivals (I'm assuming they'll keep the "trainer you didn't play as becomes a supporting character" thing) to fight the double gym leaders.

7) TMs sold in shops other than the department store. Just the regular PokeMart (which is now in the PokeCenter) could have the second guy who sells the town's specialty mail and Pokeballs also sell a TM or two (maybe not until after the 3rd or 4th town, though).

8) Someone mentioned a Mount Battle area for training. This would be awesome! Unlikely, but awesome.

9) I think strong sunlight is the only weather condition not to be active on a route. We've had rainy, snowy (hail-y?), and sandstorm-y routes. Even foggy routes. Why not a bright sunny beach or something?

10) Have some NPCs play more of a role, especially if they battle alongside you. Cheryl and the others seemed so random. They just joined you for one area and left, never to be seen again until the Battle Cafe/Battle Tower. If they bring back this feature, they should make these types of characters contribute to the overall story.

Any thoughts on these?

Mawile412
22nd April 2010, 3:06 AM
I agree with Royal_kyogre about difficulty. However, the post game side quests could be harder! It would be nice that to get a legendary pokémon, you don't just have to go to a certain location and catch said pokémon. Instead, you go on an epic quest where you have to accomplish several hard tasks such as fighting other trainers that want said pokémon for themselves, or that the pokémon can only be catched with a special pokéball created by an elderly and skilled craftman who went into hiding to prevent that his powerful pokéballs fall into the wrong hands! Okay, that may be far fetched, but still, you got to admit it would be awesome! :P

Also, I want only two evolutions of previous pokémons, Absol (to avoid getting shot by the other forum members) and Pachirisu!!! Otherwise, I want more entirely new pokémons!

More story and more epic sidequests (as stated above) gym leaders that do more than just staying in their gyms, evil gym leaders would be awesome too! In other words, if the story and characters could be more like in the Pokémon Adventure Manga, I would be one happy trainer!

Contests, pokéathlon... I don't hate them, but I find them useless... If only you could be reward with some rare pokémons or TMs instead of... ribbons... that would be great!

I WANT MORE POKÉWALKER!!! I LOVE that thing!

Also, more strategic moves!

Dolphin and squid pokémon! And an Ice/Dragon! Also an Ice/Bug! Or an Ice legendary! (And I mean, more legendary than Articuno or Regice) A legendary Bug would be rather funny too!

Light type? Yeah, that would be nice! As long as there's an Ice/Light pokémon, of course!

T-T *shoots you* don't give in to peer pressure!

and my pokewalker broke the second week :( but besides, it was HG/SS exclusive. adding another one would be uninteresting.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 3:08 AM

Have some NPCs play more of a role, especially if they battle alongside you. Cheryl and the others seemed so random. They just joined you for one area and left, never to be seen again until the Battle Cafe/Battle Tower. If they bring back this feature, they should make these types of characters contribute to the overall story.

Very yes.
'S all I'm sayin'.

R_N
22nd April 2010, 3:18 AM
Oh, yes, two other things I'd like to see:
-An incubator. Perhaps carry one around with you, or at the Daycare, but you can put up to three eggs in it, with the required step count halved. If at the daycare, you'll pay a fee depending on the egg, and it only hatches once you get there.
-A starting rodent that's useful like Staraptor. True, in the right hands, Raticate/Furret/Linoone(get him set up and wow)/Bibarel(a good tank, I believe?) can all be good, but there's no denying that Staraptor was a step above the other birds.

Twigy1
22nd April 2010, 3:39 AM
I want there just to be a new save file cause different people can play the game overwriting another save file.

Ememew
22nd April 2010, 3:44 AM
@Twigy1
Two save files would be nice, especially if they made a way for you to trade between your own saves (you wouldn't get any version exclusives this way, since it would be the same game, but you could get trade-evolves when no one else wants to trade at the moment).

However, for memory space and sales reasons, this would likely not happen. They would much rather have people buy extra games and systems to get more save files. Would be nice, though.

Trainer Kris
22nd April 2010, 4:02 AM
I think Dive should come back, but also I'd like an option for Fly like Dive, where you would control you flying on your pokemon on sky routes and maybe clouds could be like the tall grass and you'd find special flying pokemon there.

Vrdnt25
22nd April 2010, 4:06 AM
more dark types.

-
grass/dark
fire/dark
water/dark
elec/dark
ground/dark
dragon/dark(that would be BEAST)

and not dumb ones like sharpedo, houndoom, and shiftry.

though with the 2 save file things, it would be more like MMSF3 and everything would be a little low-key.

Grei
22nd April 2010, 4:10 AM
I would love to have customizable characters. If not customizable, perhaps a selection of pre-designed outfits. Even having the same outfit with color variations would be acceptable.

A good storyline would be nice.

I hope we have a good number of Pokemon who evolve from Pokemon from previous generations this time, unlike the 3rd Gen which had, like, two. Specifically, if Torkoal and Manectric received evolutions, I'd be happy (though I'd like more).

Ememew
22nd April 2010, 4:34 AM
This is just to expand on the viability of an earlier point I made in my list of 10 (Rock Gym removed, maybe replaced by Rock Elite).

The two main arguments I have heard for why Rock is usually the first gym are:
1) It keeps people from Tackling their way through the first gym because Rock resists Normal.
2) It allows players to set the "difficulty" by having the Fire starter as more of a challenge to use and the Water and Grass starters as easier (one as easy and one as medium depending on the 2nd gym).

Both points could be covered by Steel. Fire would be easy (Steel is weak to it), Water would be medium (Steel takes neutral damage), Grass would be hard (Steel resists). I hope I don't need to explain how it works with the first point. Are there any other argument's for Rock first that I've missed?

Rock is also one of 5 types not used by the Elite 4 or champ yet (for the other 4, see an earlier post). Maybe this generation instead of the first Gym being a Rock one, we'll have a Rock Elite 4 member.

To me, a big city also points to the idea of a Steel Gym, but it is currently unknown what type of Gym it has (if any) or how early it is in Black and White's story. Of course, big cities have also been used for other gym types, so this is just what it suggests to me.

As far as the "Light/other new type" debate goes, I'd rather have them properly explain the "???-type" first. But as far as adding a 18th (or 19th if you count ???) goes? I don't think another type would be needed, but we'd get used to one if they added it.
If they make a new type, it would probably be able to hit Dark/Ghosts for 2-4x damage (which would ruin the current "point" of Dark/Ghost-types, but would make evolutions of Dark/Ghosts with better stats a more viable possibility as well).

Blazenuva
22nd April 2010, 4:40 AM
The point of Fly is to make transportation in the game as easy as possible. If they add sky routes for Fly, it would sort of be counter productive.

I do agree that they should make sky routes though.

R_N
22nd April 2010, 4:45 AM
The point of Fly is to make transportation in the game as easy as possible. If they add sky routes for Fly, it would sort of be counter productive.

Then play Ranger 3. I'd like to keep my transportation short, thank you.

water trainer
22nd April 2010, 4:46 AM
I want them to use the types of gyms that they didn't use in D/P/Pt.
And I'd like them to be in this order

Bug, Normal, Ground, Flying, Dark, Fire, Dragon, Psychic

And Elite 4

Rock, Grass, Water, Electric, Champion using a mixed team.

I'd also like to see more then 150 Pokemon in the regional dex, they can do at least 250 now that there's going to be 500 (or more) Pokemon. It gets boring having the same Pokemon spread out across the region (like D/P/Pt Bibarel/Staravia/Roselia etc) and having more of a choice towards the start of the game.

I'd like there to be more new places, that haven't been in games before, like a rainforest or canyon...

more trainers with different pokemon, it gets boring having to battle a trainer that has like 5 of the same pokemon (Hiker, Geodude...), and have the trainers not be so stereotypical, like why does a school girl have to have a small cute pokemon like Marill, why not a big strong pokemon like Aggron haha.

Pokemon Eggs have different patterns! I'm still waiting on this to happen...they could at least do a different egg color/design for the different types...(i.e Grass type - Green egg with leafs on it, Water egg with bubbles on it?)
Like someone else said, an incubator would be cool, like the ones on the anime, they could have the OW trainer sprite holding it.

More characters in the game that you can battle more then once, sorta like how they did it in D/P with Sheryl/Buck/Mira etc...but more then once in the game.

Blazenuva
22nd April 2010, 4:57 AM

Satoshi_poketo monsta
22nd April 2010, 5:34 AM
I want a better storyline. cause i think the 4th gen is too simple and even they've easier game to beat than the 1st gen and 2nd gen. hopefully they make the 5th gen an Inter-Region games. so it would be having more storyline and more challenging trainer to fight.

panas
22nd April 2010, 5:45 AM
I would like more evolutions from the new and from the others better storyline more types and compinations .I would also to have more pokemon in your party not necessary to use a move deletor to delete the hms and more trainers and towns and after theleague to have many many things to do.

panas
22nd April 2010, 5:46 AM
I would like more evolutions from the new and from the others better storyline more types and compinations .I would also to have more pokemon in your party not necessary to use a move deletor to delete the hms and more trainers and towns and after theleague to have many many things to do.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 6:00 AM
For purely cosmetic reasons, different modes of overland transportation would be fun. I'm tired of the bike. Where's my skateboard? Or the saddle for my pokemon of choice?

Porygandrew
22nd April 2010, 6:09 AM
1 - pokemon's battle-sprites change to the second-pose when they attack.

2 - Attacks have different status effects (i.e. "Scald", water-type attack that burns the foe)

3 - Item swap, similar to the egg-thingy for wireless.

4 - mini-games that rely on certain attacks & expand the usefulness of HMs (think: a digging game with the move "Dig", wall-building with "Light Screen", etc.)

5 - Contests / Pokethlon have a point. Gyms are needed for storyline purposes, but there's no real reward for completing those, not even a secret base item or what-have-you.

6 - More pokemon that evolve by old means (trading w/o needing to hold a special item, contest stat, higher/lower/equal stat, etc.)

7 - Option to battle the Gym Leaders in double-battles

8 - Harsh Sunlight being a walking weather effect (Rain, Sandstorm, and Hail are already used)

9 - Ability to input own height/weight into the Pokedex

10 - A rebattle Gym Leader area that works with every Gym Leader from all regions.

11 - A "Fog" move that's the counterpoint to Defog (not that "Fog" is an HM). Allow it in battle to create the Fog effect and Out of Battle to be able to repel wild pokemon (Opposite effect of "Sweet Scent")

12 - Character Portraits similar to Mystery Dungeon for important human NPCs when they talk (Or think of the Ace Attorney games). Pixelated sprites aren't all that intimidating.

Edit: Oops, sorry Ememew. I didn't realize we had a few similar ideas! I tried to think of things I thought I didn't see mention elsewhere.

BlastoiseWaterLegend
22nd April 2010, 6:25 AM
1. I wish they would add something to combat Slaking's truant ability.
2. They would have a water/flying type starter

Satoshi_poketo monsta
22nd April 2010, 6:46 AM
1. I wish they would add something to combat Slaking's truant ability.
2. They would have a water/flying type starter

Water/Flying??!! gosh! I think that's unacceptable to me. I can't even IMAGINE what is it gonna look like. what about Water/Psychic? I think it would be good.
And for the Fire starter, it would be great if it's still Fire/Fight type.

MekeHeke
22nd April 2010, 6:58 AM
Not sure if it's already been discussed....but if they did add a new "light" type, are there any old Pokemon that may have that type added to them? Like how Magnemite/Magneton had steel added to them.

Sunkern/Sunflora?
Chansey line?
Gardevoir line?
Milotic?
Cherubi/Cherrim?
Shaymin?

And imagine a Light Eeveelution! :D

Satoshi_poketo monsta
22nd April 2010, 7:03 AM
Not sure if it's already been discussed....but if they did add a new "light" type, are there any old Pokemon that may have that type added to them? Like how Magnemite/Magneton had steel added to them.

Sunkern/Sunflora?
Chansey line?
Gardevoir line?
Milotic?
Cherubi/Cherrim?
Shaymin?

And imagine a Light Eeveelution! :D

Light type?! why am i never heard of it? guess the light type will be use as 2nd type of one of the starters. maybe the grass starter?

halloweenghost
22nd April 2010, 7:05 AM
Light type?! why am i never heard of it? guess the light type will be use as 2nd type of one of the starters. maybe the grass starter?

There isn't a light type.. it just something alot of fans want added

realarcastform
22nd April 2010, 7:08 AM
Thank you for this spec forum!!
Ok well here's my ideas.

Evo ideas-

Corsola (has not so good stats)
Cherrim (needs to evolve STAT- break the gimmick)
Pachirisu (same as Corsola and would be a great season finisher)
Farfetch'd (good moves but again bad Stats)

We don't need just pres this time around, it won't be a redo of Hoenn.

Game ideas-
More animated sprites
More accurately-aiming moves
Quicker attacks
More plentiful growing fertilizer for the Berry Pots, more pots.
Crossbreeding berries, great for growing new berries that have 2 condition status for those who have 2 possible high-effective KO like Grass-Water for those forlorn Ground types, also a great way to delve into the miracle of botany.
Switch following pokemon- on/off.
Following pokemon NOT WALKING WHEN YOU ARENT MOVING! IT'S FREAKY!
Following pokemon with more sprites in movement animation (walk to run)
Castform changes with weather in following sprites.
Certain pokemon have usable properties in game- Nosepass/Probopass always point north regardless of direction to use as a compass.
The return of the Odd Egg.
Battles in Center/Marts from D/P (what are we calling them now?)
Requestable rematches from phone or indicator.
Internet access (come on Nintendo it's part of our world that much now, show we use it in the Pokemon world.)

ASP
22nd April 2010, 7:14 AM
I really think that if light-type was to be added, it would've been added by now.

Frankly, I don't see the point in it. I mean, sure, something that can counter the DARK type, but I always assumed that was Psychic/Normal, like how in Gen 2, Eevee evolves during the day into Espeon and at night into Umbreon.

And having light added to the pokemon MekeHeke listed... some of those already have two type so they'd be cancelled out.

But yeah: Light = Fun to think about but not really necessary.

Other people would have different opinions, though.

Ethan
22nd April 2010, 7:29 AM
First off, I have to agree with others before me, the Absol evolution chain is sweet.

I understand that the game is marketed for a younger audience but alot of fans that started playing Red and Blue are much older now and still enjoy the series. A more complicated and mature storyline. I don't mean it needs to be adult oriented, just not so "I LIKE SHORTS WANNA BATTLE *slaver*" kiddish.

I like the idea of exploring past regions and going through past gym leagues, but please extend the storyline through them. Or have a separate storyline for them.

A new type would be nice. I wouldn't even mind the dreaded light type, as long as they stayed away from angelic images. I'm very tired of the overuse of angelic creatures. I like the light type idea, but make it about "light" and make it unique.

I like how your rival, your friend, Prof. Rowan, and even Crasher Wake had more interaction with you and even continued to reappear in more roles than just challenging you to random battles. I loved the moment at the Spear Pillar when your rival shows up to help. Helped make it feel like you weren't the ONLY major player in the storyline.

I would love to see contests AND the pokethalon in the game. I like how it gives you more than just battling to do with your pokemon.

I like previous ideas of "classes", in a way. I've always wanted to see them give you a choice of focusing on training a certain type. I've yet to come up with interesting and balanced ideas for the bonuses you would receive as a Dark trainer or Grass trainer, for example, but that's why I'm not a game designer.

I would LOVE to see them re-balance previous generation pokemon. So many 4th Gen pokemon are so ridiculously powerful when compared to 1st Gen pokemon that there's no use in using them. Why should you not be able to use Pidgeot instead of Staraptor and still not feel like the rest of the trainers are laughing at you.

And while reading through, I've lost whoever originally said it, but whoever said we need more, better dark types. Amen! Thank you!

Agree with bold. I don't want the entire metagame knocked off of its rocker again by this new generation. I think they should give previous gens new toys to work with in order to keep them fresh and relevant still.

I really just hope they don't butcher the starters. There's a clear design shift if you look at the 1st gen starters and the 4th gen starters, not just in aesthetics. Keep the designs creative but simple and not too many extra details. Seriously Empoleon, there's way too much going on with your sprite.

This is selfish of me, but please evolve mawile into something moderatley usable. It's such a cool and neatly designed pokemon, its really a shame that I can't use it. Evolve sablye too. Don't go evolving every pokemon that sucks. But those pokemon that have no evolution line and are so weak no one bothers to use and are essentially wasted game date? Please Gamefreak, throw us a bone.

Oh, and a snake pokemon that doesn't suck would be nice. For such a cool animal, you really didn't do the species justice with arbok or seviper lol.

Sponge
22nd April 2010, 7:59 AM
I had this weird dream last night about pokemon black/white. I was playing the character and I was walking on the overworld.....and there were these little town/city symbols (like in some rpgs) and you had to click to enter them.

Some of the towns also looked different, the in game help told me that some towns/cities are hidden from view.

Then finally I went up to this area, and this grandmother character told me that if I didn't behave she would put me in the pokemon sanctuary, but it was like a prison and I got the impression that I would have to fight off angry pokemon in succession.

Weird dream, I saw loads of town names but I can't remember any....I remember thinking it looked different than other regions though.

------------

On another note, I'd like to see Gym Leaders have more involvement in the plot....so that when you eventually battle them it's not like you're meeting them for the first time. I think this would add a bit more personality to them and it would make a gym battle mean even more like when you face Cynthia you knew of her before the battle.

Also I'd love to see more side-plots, things that happen not directly related to the main story.

KingofkingsNimz
22nd April 2010, 8:06 AM
Secret bases/The Underground needs to come back.
Diving should too.
I'd love some kind of co-op that isn't Battle Tower, you could team up with a friend to double-battle and stuff.

Wifi Tag battles would be some crazy stuff. and i agree with the underground and dive they should rewally bring that back in BW

halloweenghost
22nd April 2010, 8:08 AM
I would have to see seasons put into the game,... as well I'd like random wifi battles like PBR has.

Sponge
22nd April 2010, 8:15 AM
I had a few thoughts the other day,

instead of Gym leaders (or as well as) there could be ranked trainers....and there could be about 15 of these
Then when you've beaten all the ranked trainers you can go forward to a more anime-like Pokemon League. Then those 15 ranked trainers return and you take part in an elimination championship (making 16 contestants) which would make up 4 rounds of battles (16 -> 8 -> 4 -> 2)

The matchups would be random too so you'd face a different trainer at the final each time (obviously they'd have leveled up alot and have new pokemon since you last met them)

They could make it go a step further and make it so you could import random trainers from wifi to make up the 15 contestants.....

also to what halloweenghost said a minute ago, I like the idea of seasons...but I think it would also be nice if weather wasn't exclusive to certain routes and that it could be raining anywhere randomly on a particular day. Same for the Sun, obviously colder regions shouldn't have sun, except maybe once in a blue moon.

saddamsdevil
22nd April 2010, 8:46 AM
Fly needs to stay the same, however they should make a "cloud dance" ability (maybe you can see the shadows of the clouds on the overworld to know where you can use it?)

This way they can randomly generate a cloud layer in which you can catch flying pokemon, dragons, etc. Maybe even a Rayquaza if you're high up enough ;P

Then Dive needs to come back, which is WAY easier with the new graphics, just make the water a transparent blue tint and make it look like you're under it, maybe zoom in a bit so you can see better. This could be a hiding stage for a kyogre or a new water leggie :P

More achievements and an ACTUAL reward for completing the dex of pokes.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
22nd April 2010, 8:48 AM
I wish i can send out my Pokemon outside to look for hidden Items kinda like a dowsing machine. for the Evolution, I think it would be great if Marowak has a new Evolution...

Nacreous
22nd April 2010, 10:09 AM
I want:
-a new item that detects wild pkmn & lets the player use them for Rock Climb,surfing etc...instead of using HM's on party pkmn or another option: the item to have all HM's incorporated & when you select one it automatically uses the first pkmn in your party than can learn that HM.So you do your job[crossing water,climbing waterfalls] but the party pkmn dont need to learn HM's

-a falcon pkmn[I want one since gen 2]

-less caves

-more fire & grass types

-a high priority fire type move[like quick attack] or at least another physical fire type move that would make Flareon & Entei useable...

-no more Geodude & Zubat in caves...they can put other pkmn in them

Satoshi_poketo monsta
22nd April 2010, 10:49 AM
I was hoping that there will be a new evolution of Marowak. so here it is! I hope you like it.
I made it myself just a minutes ago.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2571/marowakevo.png
created by : Satoshi_poketo monsta.

Knightmare
22nd April 2010, 12:19 PM
So what does everyone think the 3rd game will be called?
Grey?
Yin Tang?
Twilight(lol)?

Or something other that the midway point between Black and White,
like some random color or something.
Purple?
Clear?

I don't know, just throwing out suggestions.

rocky505
22nd April 2010, 12:21 PM
Wants: Dark type gym, Anti rare candy, more TMs of better moves, a good rival like RBY/DPPt,

Do not want: Light types, and character customization.

Mudster
22nd April 2010, 12:30 PM
After reading comments of other members, I think I would like to see the return of at least one double-battle gym - and if this were to mean a return to Hoenn I wouldn't mind to be honest. Or even something completely new. I would like to see some previous game cameos, like Brendan or May showing up in the game. I also think that if a pok&#233;mon was to level up to the level it evolves at in battle, it should evolve there and then, which could have an interesting effect on some of your battles.

ASP
22nd April 2010, 12:35 PM
Third game could be Pokemon Chrome?

And hey, I learnt recently that Ditto, Mew and Smeargle are the pokemon that have the chance to know every attack!

Oh, and I want more Dark type attacks that don't suck. Seriously.

And a Fire/Dragon and Flying/Ground (just 'cos that would be interesting).

Zalman
22nd April 2010, 12:42 PM
Someone needs to say it, so I'll do it.

We need a Farfetch'd evolution.

Mawile412
22nd April 2010, 1:14 PM
i really want a Grass/Steel type. It could be a green Koala with steel claws :3

~Spacial_Rendation~
22nd April 2010, 1:33 PM
^

Dropbears? I'm listening.

Instant..123
22nd April 2010, 2:17 PM
The region having a completely different layout, like the starter town being in the middle or something, and a variety of different areas and locations.

A more open story, so it isn't so linear.

Fog weather to become more prominent in battle.

A lot of new Pokemon.

ASP
22nd April 2010, 2:31 PM
An island within the island. Like, there's a circular river circling a second island within.

Or an underwater city.

22nd April 2010, 3:10 PM
And a Fire/Dragon and Flying/Ground (just 'cos that would be interesting).

Gligar and Gliscor say hi. Granted their tying is Ground/Flying, but it's still the same thing (unless I am wrong.)

Anyway, I thought of a few things to add to my wishlist, so I'll continue my numbering from my last post:

13. I want overworld secret bases to return. Seriously, I loved having a little retreat of my own to decorate in. D/P's secret bases were okay, but I didn't really like having to go onto the wireless connection just to go in there. The rock thing was a little annoying, and since not many people I know play Pokemon, it was difficult for me to be able to remove more and more rocks. Plus I didn't find the underground bases to be as lovable as the ones in R/S/E, probably because of the requirement to go onto the wireless connection, plus they all pretty much looked the same. What was great about R/S/E's secret bases was that they were in different areas and different shapes, and the battle thing was cool too. I want to see that return.

14. Concerning the starters, please, PLEASE no Fire/Fighting. I loved the Torchic line in R/S/E, but part of the reason I hated the Chimchar line at the beginning (Along with the fact that I hated its design) was that I felt it was a copy of my beloved fire chicken. I know that Fire/Fighting will make the first gym easier, but there are other ways to take down a rock-type. Early grass (Ex Shroomish, Budew), water (Ex Wingull, Psyduck in Plat), or fighting types (Ex Machop above Oreburgh) could work.

Steelia
22nd April 2010, 3:10 PM
Need more clones and human-made Pokemon. Genetic engineering for the win.

Aside from that, being a hardcore Legendary lover of sorts, I hope to see this Gen either surpass Gen IV's list of Legends, or come close (on par or better in number with Gen III). Love me some Legends. Catching 'em is such a thrill to me, especially when they're not quite up to par Nature-wise and I have to reset and hit 'em again and again. :D

...Also, new twists with the starters? Need some more combination diversity... Fire-Ghost, hmm... Haha, yeah right.

mitchman_93
22nd April 2010, 3:16 PM
Region
Tohoku. Both areas that are speculated have enough reason to appear, and both have equal chances. I just would prefer this over the Chigoku/Shikoku area, and there are several reasons as I'll explain later. Anyway with its mountains, it could be similar to Sinnoh, but perhaps they find a way to make em go east west, and have a chance to make North/South Shellos. I can also see it not being the only region in the game, being hinted at with the usage of the Sinnoh Peninsula that hasn't been given any importance yet. Some would say nothing could be done with it, but I believe it has a chance of usage.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Sinnohplatinum.jpg
As a note, I'm using this image as a reference to see what I mean. If they put it in, they could use it as the Leagues site, and like GSC create a route to enter Sinnoh from there. The most likely area to enter Sinnoh from there is Canalave, and I would consider it excellent for the first gym you fight to be a steel type. Sinnoh itself, would be quite different, as I can see this game either into the future(even more) or 3 years behind. Meaning a lot of the trainers that are older then others could look younger, some gym leaders might not even exist(Maylene, Roark) or they could look older all together if in the future.
Story
Not too much to say, but I hope to god Cyrus and the Torn World get thrown in. I mean its such a good cliffhanger to base a sequel on, and while it would conflict with a new team and all that, at least a subplot in Sinnoh to work on with Cyrus. Like perhaps you got things happening in this region, but then in Sinnoh Cyrus pops up to cause havoc. Gives you a reason to travel too.
Features
-The touchscreen controls better be how they were in HGSS. Hopefully they have a left handed mode, and actually give us a chance for d-pad and touch.
-The battle screen being 3D is very likely, as we saw through the screens. On top of that, the attacks seem to have improved compare to DPtHGSS attacks. Of course it could be cause whatever Zoroark is using is different from the move thought, but if not, its a good look.
-A rotating pokedex. We've seen it already! I mean rotating like you have the Pokemon's name on top, and a 3D wheel with the sprites on it going back and forth. Like swiping left goes higher in the numbers, and going right lowers them. The seen count would be left of the name, and the caught on the right. Under the sprites would be the button uses. I can't believe we haven't had this one yet.
-Those perma-running shoes better come up again.
-The map is in the same visual appeal field of the pokedex. Not 3D, but your map has a hologram feature where if you click a city, a hologram of it pops up, with points of interest, and a nice block of text next to it. Or perhaps, its info and notes are up on the topscreen, with a 3D visual of the town on the bottom screen to scroll around with points of interest, and if there are layers, show the inner layer(like how the big city we saw has streets going into an area like that. Another note for the maps, when the hell are we going to have cave maps. I mean those things can be Zelda Dungeons sometimes, and if we were to have two regions like Tohoku and Sinnoh, it would be very useful. Perhaps either it could be bought, or instead the areas you travel to are jotted down and as you progress, you can see that you haven't gone through this stairwell, or you can backtrack to the last fork in the road.

I just realized how I wanted to make fun of some of the ideas here, but mine comes out completely ridiculous.

dannydstk
22nd April 2010, 3:49 PM
Region
Tohoku. Both areas that are speculated have enough reason to appear, and both have equal chances. I just would prefer this over the Chigoku/Shikoku area, and there are several reasons as I'll explain later. Anyway with its mountains, it could be similar to Sinnoh, but perhaps they find a way to make em go east west, and have a chance to make North/South Shellos. I can also see it not being the only region in the game, being hinted at with the usage of the Sinnoh Peninsula that hasn't been given any importance yet. Some would say nothing could be done with it, but I believe it has a chance of usage.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Sinnohplatinum.jpg
As a note, I'm using this image as a reference to see what I mean. If they put it in, they could use it as the Leagues site, and like GSC create a route to enter Sinnoh from there. The most likely area to enter Sinnoh from there is Canalave, and I would consider it excellent for the first gym you fight to be a steel type. Sinnoh itself, would be quite different, as I can see this game either into the future(even more) or 3 years behind. Meaning a lot of the trainers that are older then others could look younger, some gym leaders might not even exist(Maylene, Roark) or they could look older all together if in the future.
Story
Not too much to say, but I hope to god Cyrus and the Torn World get thrown in. I mean its such a good cliffhanger to base a sequel on, and while it would conflict with a new team and all that, at least a subplot in Sinnoh to work on with Cyrus. Like perhaps you got things happening in this region, but then in Sinnoh Cyrus pops up to cause havoc. Gives you a reason to travel too.
Features
-The touchscreen controls better be how they were in HGSS. Hopefully they have a left handed mode, and actually give us a chance for d-pad and touch.
-The battle screen being 3D is very likely, as we saw through the screens. On top of that, the attacks seem to have improved compare to DPtHGSS attacks. Of course it could be cause whatever Zoroark is using is different from the move thought, but if not, its a good look.
-A rotating pokedex. We've seen it already! I mean rotating like you have the Pokemon's name on top, and a 3D wheel with the sprites on it going back and forth. Like swiping left goes higher in the numbers, and going right lowers them. The seen count would be left of the name, and the caught on the right. Under the sprites would be the button uses. I can't believe we haven't had this one yet.
-Those perma-running shoes better come up again.
-The map is in the same visual appeal field of the pokedex. Not 3D, but your map has a hologram feature where if you click a city, a hologram of it pops up, with points of interest, and a nice block of text next to it. Or perhaps, its info and notes are up on the topscreen, with a 3D visual of the town on the bottom screen to scroll around with points of interest, and if there are layers, show the inner layer(like how the big city we saw has streets going into an area like that. Another note for the maps, when the hell are we going to have cave maps. I mean those things can be Zelda Dungeons sometimes, and if we were to have two regions like Tohoku and Sinnoh, it would be very useful. Perhaps either it could be bought, or instead the areas you travel to are jotted down and as you progress, you can see that you haven't gone through this stairwell, or you can backtrack to the last fork in the road.

I just realized how I wanted to make fun of some of the ideas here, but mine comes out completely ridiculous.

im not the biggest fan of returning to sinno for some reason but i honestly wouldnt complain if they did either.

Buuuuuuut i do like the idea of finising out the cyrus plot for me it just isnt enought that e was left in the torn world it would be kinda cool to see the distortion world pop up in the new region wit cyrus controlling the distortion world somehow

No giratina though that would be overkill

mitchman_93
22nd April 2010, 3:57 PM
Yeah Gira being in would be overkill. Just Cyrus controlling the torn world would be enough. I thought of something. What if Cyrus wanted the new teams to fight with the balance Pokemon(Ying Yang being an actual entity of balance, and all balances are in balance cause of them) to cause the loss of balance between everything, to create an imbalance between dimensions, and dowse the world in darkness with the torn world. I know it sounds crazy, and catching one of the balances could throw things off, but if you capture it in the sense that it just being safe keeps things safe, it could work perfectly. And then in the 3rd game the actual controller of balance(it keeps balance in....balance, yeah I know) stops em.

dannydstk
22nd April 2010, 4:09 PM
Yeah Gira being in would be overkill. Just Cyrus controlling the torn world would be enough. I thought of something. What if Cyrus wanted the new teams to fight with the balance Pokemon(Ying Yang being an actual entity of balance, and all balances are in balance cause of them) to cause the loss of balance between everything, to create an imbalance between dimensions, and dowse the world in darkness with the torn world. I know it sounds crazy, and catching one of the balances could throw things off, but if you capture it in the sense that it just being safe keeps things safe, it could work perfectly. And then in the 3rd game the actual controller of balance(it keeps balance in....balance, yeah I know) stops em.

makes sensse in theory but does the torn world count as actual darkness?

Ash-kid
22nd April 2010, 4:12 PM
I hope for:

-Many Fire type pokemon
-Dark/Poison/Ground type gyms
-New pokethlon competitions
-Fewer legendaries
-New sprites for the 3rd generation
-No more Rock type gym. Especially not as the first gym
-New type of a pokeball

mitchman_93
22nd April 2010, 4:20 PM
makes sensse in theory but does the torn world count as actual darkness?
Eh, you know what I mean, he just wants to screw with the world with his new found powers. Create his own universe in the sense that the real one and the torn world dimension's become one.

I hope for:
-Many Fire type pokemon
-Dark/Poison/Ground type gyms
-New pokethlon competitions
-Fewer legendaries
-New sprites for the 3rd generation
-No more Rock type gym. Especially not as the first gym
-New type of a pokeball
God yes I agree with most of them. And as a note, their will 100% be new sprites for all the Pokemon. And 100% for the new pokeball bit.

hellmetal789
22nd April 2010, 4:32 PM
i just want them to stop using the old pokemon cries they used since gen 1.

DFang
22nd April 2010, 4:41 PM
Gyms:
-greater variety of type (3 games had rock, elec, water)
-more than 8
-Dark Type gym

Evos:
-New Eevees
-Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Torkoal, Jynx, Pachirisu

Prevos:
-Croagunk, Tropius

New Pokemon:
-fewer legends
-more fire, dark pokemon
-better combos for psychic, fire, dark, ghost and ice types
-emphasis on more fire types
-another non-legend dragon without a 4x ice weakness

New Moves:
-fire special priority attack
-better physical elec, ghost and fire moves

Abilities:
-Instant rain/sun from a OU/UU poke
-Ice body on more usable poke

dannydstk
22nd April 2010, 4:45 PM
[QUOTE=mitchman_93;11253208]Eh, you know what I mean, he just wants to screw with the world with his new found powers. Create his own universe in the sense that the real one and the torn world dimension's become one.

[QUOTE]

i get wat your saying even if te torn world isnt evil in itself it would be being used for evil purpouses that makes sense

ShinyLucario
22nd April 2010, 5:49 PM
-Less Zubats and Geodumbs

Ninja Charmander
22nd April 2010, 5:59 PM
1. Dark type gym would definitely be nice and is something that has been needed for a long time. I also wouldn't mind a new ground gym it's been since Kanto that we've had a ground gym.

2. I wouldn't mind if they do something interesting with the champion. I would like to see the champion either be evil or similar to Blue in Kanto.

3. I would like to see more fire and poison types what with the speculation that part of the region is going to be more mechanically based.

4.A list of Pokemon that would be cool to see:
An actual Kangaroo Pokemon
A Ninja Based pokemon
New Frog/Toad based pokemon
A Donkey
Another Tortoise based pokemon
Dolphin based pokemon

hailflameblast
22nd April 2010, 6:07 PM
Fire typed Quick Attack that is Specially based.

'Nuff said... for now.

Kindrindra
22nd April 2010, 6:10 PM
Uh... Ninja Charmander, we have a Kangaroo. Two, in fact. Kangaskahn and Breloom.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 6:12 PM
I would be perfectly content if there are no new evos for previous gen pokemon. If there must be, though, I would love to see a three headed evo for Houndoom. It's already got a hellhound look to it. What could be more natural an evo than Cerbrus?

Also, I would love to see a dark type lion. There have been a couple leonine looking pokemon, but the typing would really be perfection.

Tytus
22nd April 2010, 7:04 PM
I would be perfectly content if there are no new evos for previous gen pokemon. If there must be, though, I would love to see a three headed evo for Houndoom. It's already got a hellhound look to it. What could be more natural an evo than Cerbrus?

Also, I would love to see a dark type lion. There have been a couple leonine looking pokemon, but the typing would really be perfection.

A Cerberus evolution for Houndoom is a pretty cool idea. I always wondered why there isn't a lion Pokemon. I mean Persian looks like a mountain lion, but we don't have one with a mane.

Punk Lion
22nd April 2010, 7:26 PM
A Cerberus evolution for Houndoom is a pretty cool idea. I always wondered why there isn't a lion Pokemon. I mean Persian looks like a mountain lion, but we don't have one with a mane.

Well, I've always kinda considered Luxray's evo line to be leonine. I also think of the three Johto legends as cats (a lion, a tiger, and a cheetah). But, yes, a definite lion pokemon would be nice.

Jinglefruit
22nd April 2010, 7:32 PM
YES to return of the Odd Egg
and Switch following pokemon- on/off. I love them, and they're not in any of the images we've seen so far.

I'm loving he Rainforest, Tundra and someone said Canyon ideas. New areas like these are a must, Heatrans volcano was abit of a dissapointment in Gen IV. Especially all the long walks in a NSEW directions, boring.

Assuming Dark is the type of version exclusive in Black, I'd like for the conterpart to be an Ice type in white.

And much more to do pre-E4, currently I'm on 5 badges in HG and my time is almost 90 hours. - Love all the mini games and odd bits of exploring there is to do. - This is why Gen II is the best generation for me. And the remakes are the best things that have happened to pokemon IMO. Especially stuff like the vastly improved Dowsing machine and kimono girl plot. And the pokewalker is a stroke of genius.
The only flaw is the phone rematch system, especially where it seems to be impossible for a rematch before Blackthorn! It would be good if the rematching trainers was simillar to in RSE where you just get a little symbol next to their names in the pokegear.

It would also be nice to see some more pokemon like Driftloon and Lapras, only being there on Fridays, - maybe introduce a randomised weather thing for some routes and whenever a certain weather rolls round a certain pokemon is catchable. Also some other uncatchable wild pokemon like Cubones mother.

On the topic of wild pokemon maybe make Rotom and some lesser psuedo legendaries normal wild pokemon. Especially since some once only pokemon appear more than once in the anime and have pokedex entries hinting this. Have a 1% chance of Articuno if it's hailing on a route late in the game. Oh, and remove all trace of Geodudes, Zubats, Magikarp and Tentacool. Replace each one with pokemon that have a 1 in 3 chance of being found instead. If we want them we can get them from DPPtHGSS.

Very few new evolutions please, DP was overkill. And I loved that you could find Wild Steelix, and then in HGSS with Jasmine trading her Steelix. We need alternate methods of getting trade only pokemon. - Was peeved in DP when I recieved the Haunter holding an everstone. D<

And now for types, we need some strange new things, like I can imagine Forretress and Scizzor only coming by because the designers were like what would a Steel/Bug even look like?
And to the largely covered topic of Light type. - NO! Just no. Use Fire or Electric if White is to be a light symbol. And if it's to be taken as the colour white then use Ice or normal. Or even Steel, that reflects light Dark absorbs it.

Apart from these I largly agree with the masses. I tried to cover a few new ideas in this post.

mitchman_93
22nd April 2010, 7:43 PM
Oh forgot something, Manticore, and Gryphons hopefully become Pokemon.

Arceus, The Original One
22nd April 2010, 7:57 PM
Gyms:
- A dark type Gym Leader, and the Gym gives your team different status conditions similar to the Battle Pike in Emerald.
- A dragon type Gym with rides similar to the Spinarak karts in Bugsy's Gym, and the dragon's loop-the-loop and fly over areas.
- A Flying Gym with multiple floors, and if you fall, you have to reclimb the Gym.
- A Ghost Gym, were you have to walk through walls.

Pok&#233;mon:
- More type combinations
- A demonic Pokemon to match Arceus in ability
- A new trio of Regis (Grass, Water and Fire?)
- More Formes for Pokemon
- Pokemon get their own special items, liike Pikachu has a Light Ball, another Pokemon would have an item that raises 2 stats, or doubles a stat.

Mini-Games
- Both PokeAthlon and Contests to be included.
- Contests to get a revamp, and to be restored to how they were in R/S/E.
- Pokeathlon to include more games.
- Contests to have a battles round
- Voltorb Flip to allow you to buy coins.
- Slots to be placed in the games, or to at least keep the slot machines, and not have your character go on them.
- Roulette from R/S/E to return.

Storyline:
- A much indepth story
- 2 teams like Aqua and Magma, but a third to appear, and your character then choses which team to join. And the team you chose, the other 2 then turn evil and carry out evil ambitions which they've had 'all along'
- Existing Legendary Pokemon to play a part in the story, or them to have their own event.

Items:
- More Potions (one that heals, and boosts a stat simultaineously)
- X Items to be Sharply
- Key Items from previous gens to return (PokeFlute and Teachy TV)
- Teachy TV to have proper TV stations, with moving images, and not some boring guy doing tutorials. Based on Pokemon training (first mention of IV's and EV's ingame?)

Overworld:
- TV's show actual pictures, with text.
- More sprites, and for the sprites to be used more.
- Pokemon to follow you
- To be able to turn off the Pokemon following you
- Bigger Areas
- Realistic surroundings.

Oh forgot something, Manticore, and Gryphons hopefully become Pokemon.

I'd love that to happen, especially for the Manticore to become the opposite to Arceus.

Sponge
22nd April 2010, 8:56 PM
Big thing for me overall though is for they're to be new interesting type combinations.

Like....

Fire/Psychic
Flying (pure type)
Fire/Water
Fire/Grass
Electric/Fire
Electric/Grass
Bug/Fire (maybe like a scarab pokemon)
Steel/Grass
Ghost/Fighting (I heard that this might not be possible since it would be so strong :/)

I could go on and on :p

Also, I'd really like to see game freak focus more on strengthening currently weaker pokemon more than pokemon that are already tough like Salamence (tier wise I suppose they're known as underused(UU) and never used (NU)

They always say in the games that you can pick any pokemon but that's not really the case, I'd love to see it happen though....we need more balance. :)

i just want them to stop using the old pokemon cries they used since gen 1.

I never understood why the kept the old sounds, sure nostalgia is great and all that but when it comes to something like this it's time to move with the times. It's strange encountering a geodude that sounds like a cat in pain and then to hear say a chatot that actually sounds like a normal and interesting animal/pokemon cry.

KingofkingsNimz
22nd April 2010, 9:52 PM
Evolutions:
Absol, Zangoose, Mawil, Lapress,houndoom, Lucario, Mr.Mime, Jynx,luvdisc,mightyena, skymory, and more Eeveelutions

Locormus
22nd April 2010, 10:32 PM
If there are going to be new evolutions, well these are my hopes and dreams:

Mime Sr.: You know you want it.. and maybe we'd get Grannykiss to boot xD
Sudoikeabuildingset: We all know what's the next step for Sudowoodo.. with forests being cut down everywhere for Ikea...
Pegadash: Been speculated for how long?
Draceon: Again, this is the Eeveecritter that makes the most sense as of now.
Dunmassive: It was the biggest fail of Johto imo, give Dunsparce an evo and it's fine...
Wilducking: The highly speculated Farfetch'd evo we'll never see, other then in fake scans...
Santabird: Same as Wilducking...
Garutu: Kind of farfetched.. but Xatu having an evolution could be kinda cool..
Flying Pachirisu's: No weird names for this one. If it gets an evo, let it be this.

Then there are all the new things that I wish to see:

Well done Siberian Tiger pokemon, preferably not Electric type.. since that would imitate Raikou.. but an Ice(/Electric) type would be good.. Imagine getting Bolt/Beamed by that xD
Hammerhead sharklike pokemon
Koala pokemon
Condor pokemon
Stegosauruslike pokemon
Garuda pokemon
Pizza pokemon...
One of them purple milka cows turned-pokemon...
And last of all, I'm hoping for a decent water starter.. lets hope Ash can turn it into something decent.

22nd April 2010, 10:56 PM
- A new trio of Regis (Grass, Water and Fire?)

Seeing that reminded me of something I would like to see but will probably never get: Regidark.

Why a dark type Regi? Well, if you think about it, Rock, Steel, Ice and Normal share one common weakness - Fighting. Dark is probably the only one left that has that weakness. I would love to see a sort of formless dark blob as a legendary. *shot*

Korinku1
22nd April 2010, 11:24 PM
-Less Zubats and Geodumbs

I 2nd this..

Nacreous
22nd April 2010, 11:37 PM
It's strange encountering a geodude that sounds like a cat in pain and then to hear say a chatot that actually sounds like a normal and interesting animal/pokemon cry.
Haha..cat in pain...funny xD

Yeah...they should update the cries.Fearow's cry is the most annoying,I cant stand it!

.raymond
22nd April 2010, 11:54 PM
1) Different type of starters (fighting, ghost, dark etc.)
2) A preevolution of Heracross?
3) Two regions (if not, at least 9-12 Gym Leaders)
4) A better and faster bird pokemon
5) A ghost/fire legendary at least.
6) Two modes: Easy and Expert for pros.
7) No trade evolution?
8) Three more Pseudo Legendaries?
9) A stronger and tougher Champion like Steven Stone/ Lance?
10) A stronger criminal organization.
11) A route gang/leader who guards the way to a city etc?

It is a lot but it is what I want.

Rage Baron
22nd April 2010, 11:55 PM
All I want is a prevo to be shared by Tauros and Miltank, and a Sphinx Pokemon.

Mawile412
23rd April 2010, 12:07 AM

Sudoikeabuildingset: We all know what's the next step for Sudowoodo.. with forests being cut down everywhere for Ikea...
Dunmassive: It was the biggest fail of Johto imo, give Dunsparce an evo and it's fine...
Wilducking: The highly speculated Farfetch'd evo we'll never see, other then in fake scans...
Flying Pachirisu's: No weird names for this one. If it gets an evo, let it be this.

Well done Siberian Tiger pokemon, preferably not Electric type.. since that would imitate Raikou.. but an Ice(/Electric) type would be good.. Imagine getting Bolt/Beamed by that xD
Koala pokemon
Condor pokemon
Stegosauruslike pokemon
Garuda pokemon
Pizza pokemon...
And last of all, I'm hoping for a decent water starter.. lets hope Ash can turn it into something decent.

:@ and why doesn't this list include Mawdusa?! hehe pizza pokemon :)

wormintheworks
23rd April 2010, 12:11 AM
Sorry if something similar has already been suggested, but I'd like to see a system like this:

8 Gym Leaders (TYPED)
4 Elite Four (TYPED)
Champion (Random)

That is the structure we have now, 12 types accounted for. After the elite four I would like a "World championship" that hints at the other regions

Kanto Champ (TYPED)
Jhoto Champ (TYPED)
Hoenn Champ (TYPED)
Sinnoh Champ (TYPED)
"New Region" Champ (TYPED)

This adds 5 to the type count, so that all 17 types have an "authority figure."

Then:

World Champ (Random) Level 90s+ to make beating the final boss more kickass

Master of Fossils
23rd April 2010, 12:22 AM
An evolution for Tropius, Torkal, Dunsparce, and Quilfish and thats IT! It would be nice to see their evo's but I want to see more origionals.
Please no more eeveeloutions, maybe a dragon one 6th gen but I'm tired of hearing about them.
A tropical region but instead of more water like hoenn did, give us tropical rainforests. Even better idea, instead of a victory road make a victory jungle and more jungle-esque pokemon and a good grass type sweeper. The current lack of one bothers me.

Tylerobert
23rd April 2010, 12:23 AM
All I want is a prevo to be shared by Tauros and Miltank, and a Sphinx Pokemon.

Genius! I never realized before that Tauros and Miltank are pretty similar. A pre-evolved form for both would make sense. If it was male then it evolves into Tauros and if it was female it would evolve into Miltank.

I just want a Bad Ace desert tortoise pokemon.

Sponge
23rd April 2010, 12:33 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while, imagine if a highly intelligent breed of pokemon appeared that didn't agree with human trainers controlling them....so in a way they'd be more on par with humans (or at least want to be) (e.g they train pokemon themselves and you could battle them)

maybe there could be an evil organisation that sought to control them (cause they're actually really powerful but they choose not to fight themselves) and you could either choose to help the pokemon beings or the evil organisation. (although more likely you'd just help the pokemon and fight the bad guys without a choice)

Another thing I just thought up, it would be really nice if there was an update to the pokemon boxes where you could see your pokemon moving around in the box (like a top down view) and you could see them interacting with each other (like on pokemon ranch). There could be a button for commanding the pokemon to stand in rows (like miis on the mii channel). I just think the pokemon boxes seem a little static atm.....however they do the job fairly well....so maybe a choice between standard boxes or pokemon ranch like boxes.

V Faction
23rd April 2010, 1:31 AM
2 separate version storylines.

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 1:34 AM

Mr Mime evo= YES. That should be fun.
...Going to guess this is a joke.
But it's not necessary. Heck, I made up a pure-fire evo based off the olympics (Think. Fire. Rings. Legs. Tail. Torches. Yes.).
That would be nice. But Draceon? Other names could be used, like Impereon, Jadeon (My personal fav), Majesteon... The list goes on.
...Dunsparce is based off what is pretty much the Japanese Bigfoot/Loch ness monster. Though I agree it should get an evo. And it's not that fail; With Serenade Grace, Glare, Air Slash and Headbutt, it's rather dangerous.
Why would we never see it? Though that's not a very original name; maybe Ridicubird?
Same as above. Why Santabird? Exprebird sounds rather nice to me.
That would be cool. But what's with the name?
Why? They could have another pokemon as a flying squirrel. Personally, I think a Electric/Dark evo with an ability that enhances biting moves would work nicely.

Agree
Garchomp says hi thar.
Koala pokemon
YES
Condor pokemon
YES
Stegosauruslike pokemon
Maybe one of the new fossils? Good physical stats, low special stats, and okay HP and Speed?
Garuda pokemon
Going to say yes. Most likely a legend. With an ability that makes it immune to dragon-type moves.
Pizza pokemon...
...0_o
Purple whats?
What do you mean, a decent water starter?! Haven't the ones so far been decent?
And we all know you leik Mudkips.

Comments in Bold.

Dattebayo
23rd April 2010, 1:47 AM
I forgot to mention these on my list:

- More fire types
- Strong physical electric moves
- Pokemon based off of a dolphin, tiger, ostrich, koala, flamingo, goat, tyrannosaurus rex, stegosaurus, vulture, poodle, polar bear, llama, meerkat, lemur, possum, squid, peacock, anteater, hamster, narwhal, swordfish, wolf, and gerbil.

Ninja Charmander
23rd April 2010, 1:47 AM
I have to say something from my wish list again I think it would awesome to see a bad guy Champion. Not necessarily from one of the evil teams but an evil jerk who you really to just beat but not the rival either. Perhaps some one who is bad to their Pokemon and is actually wide known and talked about. Think of some one who is idolized like a super hero and can back it up but doesn't do anything about the Evil Team because he's bought off by them.

It would also add drama and tension with out changing what Pokemon is. Most kids can relate with wanting to take down an arrogant jerk or a bully. I felt Cynthia was the best so far out of all the champions. I liked Blue but it seemed strange how fast he trained and he wasn't that well known to pull of the arrogant persona he seems to be trying for.

I guess it's something that we will get eventually any ways.

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 1:50 AM
Here are a few things I'm hoping for or not hoping for.

- MORE FIRE TYPES! MORE ORIGINAL TYPE COMBINATIONS: Fire/Water, Fire/Electric, Fire/Bug, Fire/Psychic, Bug/Water(besides surskit), Fire/Grass, Fire/Poison etc etc etc...

-if they bring back the underground have markers where each of the guys you can trade items with are, I can never remember, also make it look more interesting. Such a repetitive and boring maze, although actually digging is fun.

-I like the coral reef idea, and yes we need more elaborate pokemon biomes. An idea I've wanted was to able to walk in patches of flowers and find pokemon, like combee and cherim etc.

-Pokeradar

- a new rock type and bat based pokemon to replace geodude and zubat so that caves are interesting again.

-NO Absol evolution/pre-evolution, I like it being a stand alone pokemon!

-Pokemon who should have evolutions/preevos:
-Dunsparce evo (make it a cool semi-dragonish serpentine thing, that would be so cool!)
-Mawile evo
-Kangaskhan preevo
-Jynx evo
-Pachirisu evo

Girafarig also needs a special evolution like Shedinja where it's tail evolves into a new pokemon that is Dark/Psychic when you have a pokeball and an extra spot in your team or something like that.

-VS seeker and a place for easy rebattles, I dislike how unpredictable the phone is.

- Fossil pokemon based off of T-Rex and Stegosaurus. Brontosaurus would also be cool.

-A strong rodent based pokemon that can compete easily in OU environment pokemon based on leeches, fleas, and mosquitoes. A pokemon based on a citric fruit like an orange or lemon and it has attacks where it spits citric acid at you XD;

-No new types, I think they have a pretty nice balance with typing since the creation of Dark & Steel and I don't see that there is any new type that could really be useful in categorizing pokemon or in the balance between the types.

- A LEGENDARY BUG POKEMON, PLEASE!

-more side quests or mini-games.

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 1:50 AM
...Why would they be idolized if they were a bully to their pokemon?

@Neurotic Nuckelavee: Girafarig wouldn't separate from their tail. Why? Because it's part of what it is. Don't tell me you never realized Girafarig is the same both ways?
But a Dark/Psychic Girafarig evo would be pretty cool.

Pokeaholic
23rd April 2010, 2:00 AM
1-i want to create my own character
2- catch all the legenderys normally NO EVENTS !!
3-also i want the game to be longer and harder.
4-also i want to see my pokemon when i use surf or fly
5- change the battle style and make it newer and suits the 3d technology
6- v.s seeker
7- cool pokemon and i hope we see new pokemon instead of evolution of old pokemon like in diamond and pearl half of the pokemon were evolution of old ones
8- i hope you can take care of your pokemon like brush it or dress it up or anything like nintedogs :P lol

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 2:02 AM

@Neurotic Nuckelavee: Girafarig wouldn't separate from their tail. Why? Because it's part of what it is. Don't tell me you never realized Girafarig is the same both ways?
But a Dark/Psychic Girafarig evo would be pretty cool.
I know Girafarig is the same both ways, but since the tail has a brain of its own I just always thought it would be a cool idea if it became its own entity.

Ninja Charmander
23rd April 2010, 2:04 AM

Because it would be hidden you would sooner or later discover he was being paid off at the evil team head quarters or something. He doesn't have to be mean to his pokemon.

Pokeaholic
23rd April 2010, 2:04 AM
1-i want to create my own character
2- catch all the legenderys normally NO EVENTS !!
3-also i want the game to be longer and harder.
4-also i want to see my pokemon when i use surf or fly
5- change the battle style and make it newer and suits the 3d technology
6- v.s seeker
7- cool pokemon and i hope we see new pokemon instead of evolution of old pokemon like in diamond and pearl half of the pokemon were evolution of old ones
8- i hope you can take care of your pokemon like brush it or dress it up or anything like nintedogs :P lol

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 2:14 AM
Because it would be hidden you would sooner or later discover he was being paid off at the evil team head quarters or something. He doesn't have to be mean to his pokemon.

But... I thought you just said... *Confused*
Still, I don't think the strongest trainer in the region would just allow themselves to be 'paid off' like that. Besides, TR is the only team we've had so far that would actually do something like that; all the others think they're actually going to improve the world, where as TR only wanted a quick billion.

Ninja Charmander
23rd April 2010, 2:36 AM
But... I thought you just said... *Confused*
Still, I don't think the strongest trainer in the region would just allow themselves to be 'paid off' like that. Besides, TR is the only team we've had so far that would actually do something like that; all the others think they're actually going to improve the world, where as TR only wanted a quick billion.
Exactly we've had too many insane bad guys we need some one who's in it for massive money and power. Also for some reason I don't think League Champion pays good a champion no matter how strong is just a title and I'm sure there could be a bad champion out there who would do it for money.

Also just because the other three teams wanted to improve the world doesn't mean they all want to. It would be an interesting if they didn't we've already had a bad guy try to destroy the entire world and destroy emotion. there's not much more room to go on the Evil team trying to improve the world concept. It's time for a real villain who's in it for the money and fame.

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 2:51 AM
...League Champion doesn't pay. You get paid by beating trainers up. Which they do.

Also, a bad guys that wants to help the world is a lot more plausible. TR was the pokemon equivalent of the mafia. That's pretty much the entire money route taken up. The new teams plots are believable.

Team Aqua: More water! More water=No more droughts and starving people! YES!

Team Magma: More land! More land=No more wars over land, as everyone has all the land they want! YES!

Why they were evil: For both, the invert is also true. More Water=Less land=more wars. More Land=Less Water=More droughts.

Team Galactic (More-or-less just Cyrus): This world is screwed up. It's hopeless. Emotions cause war, strife, yadadada. Who needs it all? I say we make a new world! Free of all this stupid stuff!

Character: Uh... those grunts seem a lot more stupid than anyone I've met. How will you stop strife with them around?

Cyrus: Oh, the Grunts? Well, the truth is, this new world is only for me. Otherwise it would just get screwed up again. But don't tell the grunts that.

He makes some good points. I've found myself thinking similar thoughts myself (Don't worry, I'm not about to summon an ancient god and remake the world).

Why they he were was evil: DUDE, HE'S GOING TO FREAKIN' DESTROY THE UNIVERSE AND EVERY FREAKIN' PERSON, POKEMON, PLANT, POKERUS VIRUS, AND OTHER LIVING THINGS IN IT!!! JUST SO HE CAN HAVE SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!! HOW IS THAT NOT EVIL?!

If the legends ARE Yin-Yang oriented, I can easily see an evil team creating balance with the legends and stopping wars everywhere. Downside? No more free thought and such, as everyone would be brainwashed to prevent disagreements. Yeowch.

hitoshura0
23rd April 2010, 3:02 AM
If the legends ARE Yin-Yang oriented, I can easily see an evil team creating balance with the legends and stopping wars everywhere. Downside? No more free thought and such, as everyone would be brainwashed to prevent disagreements. Yeowch.

Oh no, more Shijima. Oh wait, I liked Hikawa. He is everything Cyrus wanted to be.

Meganium Ex
23rd April 2010, 3:06 AM

Why? Rather than having two half-assed storylines (Ruby and Sapphire), have one good (as far as Pokemon games go) storyline (Emerald).

Excitable Boy
23rd April 2010, 3:07 AM
Let me see...

- Simplification of the new Box System. There is honestly no reason why they cannot just blend the two modes together.

- Item Storage (preferable unlimited). Same as it was in Gen 1-3.

- Buy PP restore items (Ether, Elixer, etc). Just something that has always irked me and will probably never happen, but they could at least make some obscure hut post-E4 that sells 'em.

- Consistent levelling, with a power-level-not-required E4. Towards the 8th Badge and the E4, HGSS was all over the place.

Ninja Charmander
23rd April 2010, 3:08 AM
...League Champion doesn't pay. You get paid by beating trainers up. Which they do.

Also, a bad guys that wants to help the world is a lot more plausible. TR was the pokemon equivalent of the mafia. That's pretty much the entire money route taken up. The new teams plots are believable.

Team Aqua: More water! More water=No more droughts and starving people! YES!

Team Magma: More land! More land=No more wars over land, as everyone has all the land they want! YES!

Why they were evil: For both, the invert is also true. More Water=Less land=more wars. More Land=Less Water=More droughts.

Team Galactic (More-or-less just Cyrus): This world is screwed up. It's hopeless. Emotions cause war, strife, yadadada. Who needs it all? I say we make a new world! Free of all this stupid stuff!

Character: Uh... those grunts seem a lot more stupid than anyone I've met. How will you stop strife with them around?

Cyrus: Oh, the Grunts? Well, the truth is, this new world is only for me. Otherwise it would just get screwed up again. But don't tell the grunts that.

He makes some good points. I've found myself thinking similar thoughts myself (Don't worry, I'm not about to summon an ancient god and remake the world).

Why they he were was evil: DUDE, HE'S GOING TO FREAKIN' DESTROY THE UNIVERSE AND EVERY FREAKIN' PERSON, POKEMON, PLANT, POKERUS VIRUS, AND OTHER LIVING THINGS IN IT!!! JUST SO HE CAN HAVE SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!! HOW IS THAT NOT EVIL?!

Actually with less water there would probably be more war too because when people are thirsty there tend to be revolutions and fighting over water.

I think Cyrus was just nuts with out emotion there aren't any good emotion and he clearly had a troubled child hood. I think he was more crazy off his rocker emo then evil.

I also happen to like the Mafia style of villain it fits the Pokemon world better then insane ecoterrorist and "don't drink the kool-aid" style cults.

Blazenuva
23rd April 2010, 3:27 AM
I wanna see an Electric/Bug beetle pokemon.

Porygandrew
23rd April 2010, 3:44 AM
Oh yeah, now I remember: ability to sort boxes similar to Ranch.

Punk Lion
23rd April 2010, 4:07 AM
Girafarig also needs a special evolution like Shedinja where it's tail evolves into a new pokemon that is Dark/Psychic when you have a pokeball and an extra spot in your team or something like that.

I really like this idea! Seconded

Sonic527
23rd April 2010, 4:12 AM
Wish List
1. Option to let pokemon follow you

2. New mix types and not the common rock/ground

3. Trainer customization but not very important

4. Less legendaries. (1 gen < 2 gen < 3 gen < 4 gen) Stop making next gen have more legendaries

5. More evolutions / prevolutions to pokemon that need them but still have a good number of brand new pokemon.

6. New HM moves if possible

Thats what I want for the most part in the 5th gen but I'm happy that the cities finally look like large scale cities.

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 4:25 AM
Actually with less water there would probably be more war too because when people are thirsty there tend to be revolutions and fighting over water.
But team Magma didn't think about that. My point exactly.

I think Cyrus was just nuts with out emotion there aren't any good emotion and he clearly had a troubled child hood. I think he was more crazy off his rocker emo then evil.

I also happen to like the Mafia style of villain it fits the Pokemon world better then insane ecoterrorist and "don't drink the kool-aid" style cults.

Play Platinum. He wasn't just crazy; he honestly thought that was the only way to fix the world.

And the only true villain is one that thinks they are good. If you think you're good, and your opposition is evil, who can disagree with you? That's their argument, but inverted! In fact, many stories have a bad guy like this- In fact, the main characters in such stories often undergo a long period where they try to define exactly why they are right and the 'bad guy' is wrong. In Pokemon we don't get that problem, because it isn't that hard to see why they are the bad guys. None of the bad guys are crazy; Their motives make a lot of sense. It's often just the way they go about doing it that makes them the bad guy. As Cynthia says, Cyrus could of just gone off to go be by himself. Of course, his counter also made sense; "Why should I have to go hide myself away?!". Really, how can you argue with that? From a strictly logical view, it makes perfect sense. Remove the bad apples so the good apple can grow to be the best apple ever. Only problem is that the 'Bad apples' in this example have emotions, knowledge and willpower; a 'Soul' if you will. Cyrus didn't factor this 'Soul' into his equations, as he simply doesn't care about it. From a view simply factoring in basic Matter, this is the perfect plan, which pretty much sums up the DP legends; Palkia and Dialgia together make up Matter, which he plans for, coming very close to completing his goal. Uixe, Mesprit and Azelf, together representing Soul, foil his plan, as he did not factor them in. In platinum, however, he fully factors in EVERYTHING. He plans for the interference of the Lake Trio by summoning both the deities of Time and Space, showing Matter outweighing Soul, which makes sense, as the Soul needs a body of Matter to survive. In this, the only thing that comes between him and his horrific plot is Antimatter- an alternate negative existence that balances out the positive of our world, similar to the two strands of a DNA chain (Which Cyrus mentions). A fail-proof 'last guard' build into the world to prevent it's destruction. Let's just be glad he didn't factor this in, or, like a Alpha Particle, he would cause irreversible damage.

23rd April 2010, 4:31 AM
After the E4, one of your pokemon gets stolen and you have to travel to Orre to get it. Which would then bring back Mt. Battle that some have asked for. But have Orre changed to have its own gyms and League now. Maybe its own starters, even. Basically, when your pokemon get taken you are forced to start over to save them.

Wigglytuff FTW!
23rd April 2010, 4:32 AM
I want to see a pokemon whose holding an item, seeing the actual item as the pokemon is in battle. i.e. If a Pokemon is holding the Blackglasses, it's in battle sprite gets a sweet pair of shades! Something like that. 8D

23rd April 2010, 4:34 AM
After the E4, one of your pokemon gets stolen and you have to travel to Orre to get it. Which would then bring back Mt. Battle that some have asked for. But have Orre changed to have its own gyms and League now. Maybe its own starters, even. Basically, when your pokemon get taken you are forced to start over to save them.

Blazenuva
23rd April 2010, 4:42 AM
Although I do not like the idea of Orre being on the DS, I do agree on that fact where we need a situation in which some of your pokemon are stolen throughout the course of the game, perhaps even used against you.

Kindrindra
23rd April 2010, 5:15 AM
Why?
If your pokemon were used against you, you obviously wouldn't have strong enough pokemon to beat them. Besides, the point is to bond with your pokemon over your journey- battling against them kinda defeats the point. Save that for Fan Fics.

Though, battling a trainer that always used the same team as you would be... amusing. And rather fun. And a real challenge.

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 5:18 AM
I really like this idea! Seconded

Yay, I'm glad someone else likes my idea! :D

I want to see a pokemon whose holding an item, seeing the actual item as the pokemon is in battle. i.e. If a Pokemon is holding the Blackglasses, it's in battle sprite gets a sweet pair of shades! Something like that. 8D

That would be awesome! I don't think it would take up much memory either so it could probably be doable, although wouldn't that ruin some of the surprise of battling to know your opponent had an item and what it is? I like the sound of it though, I bet they could figure out a way to make it work, maybe you would only see the item once it's been activated.

Samayowa
23rd April 2010, 5:20 AM
Although I do not like the idea of Orre being on the DS, I do agree on that fact where we need a situation in which some of your pokemon are stolen throughout the course of the game, perhaps even used against you.

I mean, it's an idea; something different.
But, I honestly can't imagine actually WANTING to fight against my own Pokemon and have them stolen.

1] Keep yo hands off my Pokemon.
2]Keep yo hands of my Doritos!

CharizardFire6
23rd April 2010, 5:27 AM
There's a LOT of stuff I want, but I'll just list a few for now.

1: 8 type-based gyms, none of which are Water, Electric, Fighting, or Rock, and four of which are Poison, Ground, Bug, and Dragon.
2: Stealth Rock is turned into Spikes that only hits fliers.
3: Inclusion a decent number of Pokemon that are connected to Pokemon from previous generations. Don't go the "pretend that the previous generations don't exist" route like with Ruby and Sapphire.
4: 7 or 8 legendary Pokemon (trio legends, 3 "mascot" ubers, ONE event legend, and maybe a fourth uber)
5: Option to turn following on or off, and to choose which Pokemon follows you, instead of it just being the one at the front.
6: Ability to buy PP restoration items like in RBY.
7: Ability to auto-sort items in the bag like in Pokemon XD.
8: 8 HMs - Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Defog, Whirlpool, Waterfall, and either Dive or Rock Climb depending on the environment of the region (IMO, Rock Smash should be a TM move like it was in GSC).
9: Make Pokemon species names NOT be in all caps (although I doubt that'll happen...)
10: Update the early cries for differentiation and to remove static sounds.

Punk Lion
23rd April 2010, 5:31 AM
Play Platinum. He wasn't just crazy; he honestly thought that was the only way to fix the world.

And the only true villain is one that thinks they are good.

Yay, someone else who understands! Please, for Gen V, let's continue doing away with the villains who claim they're evil. It's becoming a good trend. I hate the old comic book style villains who claimed to be evil. Most people who are truly evil, like Kindrindra says about Cyrus, think they ARE the good guys. It's generally agreed these days that Hitler did some pretty evil things, but do you think he ever sat in his office wringing his hands while cackling and boasting how his evil plans were coming to fruition?

.....ok maybe, but I kinda doubt it.

pokemonfan1997
23rd April 2010, 5:57 AM
I WANT IT HARDER AND LONGER.

That is definately what she said! lol but reallyw i agree. I want it to be interesting. And harder

Ryanide
23rd April 2010, 6:49 AM
Having items show on pokemon is very unrealistic from a development standpoint. They would need to make separate sprites for all the pokemon for all the items they could possibly hold...it would take up way too much resources.

Haileyvoir
23rd April 2010, 7:33 AM
I'm gonna seperate my speculations and wishes, as they're two seperate things to me.

Speculations (Things I expect to happen)
Dark Gym (It's about time, Gamefreak!)
Dunsparce evo (Look above)
Jungle area (This would be AWESOME)
A Battle Frontier (At least in the inevitable third version)
Psychic/Dark Type
HM slave beginning rodent (To join Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, and Bidoof)
Early Flying/Normal type (Like Pidgey/Spearow, Hoothoot, Tailow, and Starly)
Mawile and Sableye evo (I don't get why people keep on leaving out Sableye, as these two are a pair)

Wishes (Things that I personally want, no matter how outrageous/unlikely)
Female only Kirlia evo (BECAUSE GARDEVOIR SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE MALE)
Dugtrio and Sandslash evos
Shuckle evo (OH GOD THE WALL OF DOOM)
We have a "god" Pokemon (or something like that), make a "goddess" Pokemon.
Be able to get a radio and play it in battles.

There's many, many other things, but I'm too tired to list them all.

rocky505
23rd April 2010, 9:41 AM
I few more things I dont want: A ripoff Pikachu that is electric type, Make it fire this time! Oh wait there was going to be a fire one at once but it got canceled.

What I want: Brendan/May to cameo and battle you, Regidark( to finish off the fighting weaknesses), An anti Arceus, A fire/psychic type starter would be epic.

Pbbpwns
23rd April 2010, 9:47 AM
A grass/electric pokemon would be cool.
No more pre-evos!
Perhaps more gyms?
Make a place for Zoroark? Just like Distortion World...
Rivals with stronger pokemon.
POKERADAR :D
Pokewalker
Pokenav
Poketch
A hex unown.
A Tropius evo.
Cool moves.
Vs. Seeker.

Ash-kid
23rd April 2010, 10:03 AM
Wishes (Things that I personally want, no matter how outrageous/unlikely)
Female only Kirlia evo (BECAUSE GARDEVOIR SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE MALE)

But for this we already have Gallade. Besides, the whole Kirlia-Gardevior line was handled pretty bad.

No more pre-evos

I disagree. I actually think this is one of the most interesting things that we can request from the new game. Maybe we shouldn't have an unlimited amount, but should have only a few like the last time.

Moonlight_Tails
23rd April 2010, 10:48 AM
I'm curious what they're going to do for legendary pokemon.
I'd also like to see a tiger pokemon.
Oh and some new ghost pokemon. like a skeleton fish, water/ghost type

Satoshi_poketo monsta
23rd April 2010, 11:04 AM
I really hope that there's a Wolf Pokemon this time or maybe Dinosaur Pokemon that's for a Pokemon I wish. for the Evolution, it would be better if Medicham has a new Evolution this time, A male only Evolution of Buneary (Loppuny is really like a woman, even if its a male type.), another Fire/Dark type Pokemon Houndoom and Houndoor isn't enough to me, and maybe a more Fossil Pokemon.

halloweenghost
23rd April 2010, 11:26 AM
I really hope that there's a Wolf Pokemon this time or maybe Dinosaur Pokemon that's for a Pokemon I wish. for the Evolution, it would be better if Medicham has a new Evolution this time, A male only Evolution of Buneary (Loppuny is really like a woman, even if its a male type.), another Fire/Dark type Pokemon Houndoom and Houndoor isn't enough to me, and maybe a more Fossil Pokemon.

there are dinosaur pokemon

Moonlight_Tails
23rd April 2010, 11:28 AM
Cranidos, and Rampardos. Which Rock! (no pun intended)

shanev11
23rd April 2010, 11:30 AM
I really hope that there's a Wolf Pokemon
There is already a wolf pokemon mightyena and zoroark

But anyway i hope they...
-bring back the pokeradar
-something like the poketech it was so easy to use
-and less ledgendaries

rocky505
23rd April 2010, 11:35 AM

-and less ledgendaries Zoroark is a fox not a wolf.

More wants: starters grass/steel, fire/psychic, water/fighting.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
23rd April 2010, 11:42 AM

-and less ledgendaries

I thought Zorroark is a demon Fox. besides, Mightyena is not the wolf pokemon I wanna see. I want more better looking than Mightyena.

Still, I want the 5th gen more challenging than the 4th and the 3rd. cause when I played those i didn't even break a sweat when i battling Champion Cynthia and Champion Wallace.

ASP
23rd April 2010, 12:18 PM
In Sunnyshore city or something similar, there was a rock statue in the water... what pokemon was that meant to be? Munchlax? If not, could it be a new pokemon, maybe?

Oh, and and evolution for pinsir/herecross, without going too over the top.

And no more fire/fighting types. Or humanoid pokemon. Blaziken was meant to be a bird, not a man in a halloween suit.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
23rd April 2010, 1:14 PM
In Sunnyshore city or something similar, there was a rock statue in the water... what pokemon was that meant to be? Munchlax? If not, could it be a new pokemon, maybe?

Oh, and and evolution for pinsir/herecross, without going too over the top.

And no more fire/fighting types. Or humanoid pokemon. Blaziken was meant to be a bird, not a man in a halloween suit.

The Statue really is a Munchlax.
And I think it would be better for the Fire starter is still a Fire/Fight type. besides, what do you expect for the Fire starter would be? A falcon Pokemon with the Flying type? I guess that's not really a good idea. and a lot of fans not gonna like it though...

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 1:23 PM
6. Again I'll probably be hated for this, but I don't want to see the Battle Frontier. At least in Black and White. Probably in the 3rd game. But seriously, I never been a fan of the battle frontier. As with the contests I found it frustrating and honestly a waste of time to EV Train. I miss the good ol' days when just having a level 100 Pokemon you trained up by yourself with no special tricks or anything made you the envy of your friends. Of course, I doubt this wish will come true...

You don't HAVE to EV train. Of course, IVs are the most annoying things in existence...

But the cool thing about the Frontier is that it's totally optional. So if you hate it, you can always avoid it but for those who like it, they should include it.

7. PokeRadar to come back. *shot*

*nods in absolute agreement*

It wouldn't be Pokemon without eight badges. I won't mind them changing the number, but I think the badges system should stay. As of now, there's only one way to "beat" the game and that's to take the route of a Pokemon trainer, so badges are needed to reach the E4. Maybe introduce co-ordinators, athletes, breeders, etc. as alternative means?

Uh... Ninja Charmander, we have a Kangaroo. Two, in fact. Kangaskahn and Breloom.

Breloom?

Heh, I'll have to buy both Black and White if this happened.

But for this we already have Gallade. Besides, the whole Kirlia-Gardevior line was handled pretty bad.

But Gallade is male-only.

And how were they handled badly?

I disagree. I actually think this is one of the most interesting things that we can request from the new game. Maybe we shouldn't have an unlimited amount, but should have only a few like the last time.

Most of 4th gen's pre-evos were extremely pointless to say the least. Bonsly, Chingling, Mime Jr. were stupid (to put it crudely). I'm sure pre-evos are inevitable, but I hope they only have a few and even then, give them some originality and uniqueness.

panas
23rd April 2010, 1:42 PM
I would also like evolutions on pokemon tha have one form , like heracross lapras tauros miltank and even in legendarys

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 1:48 PM
The Statue really is a Munchlax.
And I think it would be better for the Fire starter is still a Fire/Fight type. besides, what do you expect for the Fire starter would be? A falcon Pokemon with the Flying type? I guess that's not really a good idea. and a lot of fans not gonna like it though...

NO MORE Fire/Fighting >_>

Anything apart from that is a good idea - Fire/Ghost, for instance. What most fans won't like is another Fire/Fighting starter btw.

So, some things I thought up:

- Have more than one rival (REAL rivals, who battle you and such, not just childhood friends). Make them cool.

- Non-linear gym routes (at least for 3-4 cities). The way to do this without messing up levels would be to have several rosters for the gym leaders/gym trainers, depending on how many badges the challenger has. So if you challenge X gym with 4 badges, then you'll face Lv. 30+ Pokemon, but with 6 badges, they'll be 40+ since your 4th challenged gym was Gym Z, which had Lv. 30+ Pokemon.

- Apart from the Elite 4, have an actual Pokemon League tournament as done in the Anime. Many trainers fighting for the trophy with qualifiers, preliminaries, semi-finals, etc. I mean, if they make this tough with the initial rounds following a Round Robbin format and such, it'll be fun ^_^ And maybe your rival(s) being the last battle if you make it to the finals?

- Mawile evo :D

- New type combos introduced. There are so many not done yet, so it should be interesting.

- Sidequests with rewards or new unlockable areas

- A diverse regional Dex (a.k.a not like DP)

- Zubat not being in the regional Dex =P Since this won't happen, I just hope, they keep out of those caves!!!

- Moar stylus action. I dunno how, but Pokeathlon was good, so they should somehow implement it.

- Cool movie-esque cutscenes, like Rayquaza from Emerald or the Cyrus thing. But a lot more of them!

- No useless new HMs like Defog =/

- Possibly more than 8 gyms, so you can choose which badges look spiffier? :)

- Change in the gym leader's strategies. Along with the "type-based" gyms, I'd like to see some more strategy. For example, an offense based gym, stall, weather, Baton Pass, speedy Pokemon, etc.

Krake
23rd April 2010, 1:59 PM
I don't really like threads like this. People put in the most unrealistic expectations and they get annoyed at the game once more information comes out and discredits what they want. Not everyone here does it, but it happens all the damn time.

Nevertheless, here's what I'd want.
- A good amount of evos/preevos (around the number 2nd gen had would be good)
- A different first Gym other than Rock. I wouldn't be bothered if it was Rock again, but it's kind of repetitive considering that the Gym Leader's team usually consists of Geodude and a Rock Pokemon from that region.
- As unnecessary as it was, having the Pokemon following you was pretty cool. It wouldn't matter too much if they didn't come back, though.
- More Fire-types would be good, considering that Sinnoh had only introduced 5. Failing that, have some more old Fire Pokemon in the regional dex.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
23rd April 2010, 2:10 PM
NO MORE Fire/Fighting >_>

Anything apart from that is a good idea - Fire/Ghost, for instance. What most fans won't like is another Fire/Fighting starter btw.

So, some things I thought up:

- Have more than one rival (REAL rivals, who battle you and such, not just childhood friends). Make them cool.

- Non-linear gym routes (at least for 3-4 cities). The way to do this without messing up levels would be to have several rosters for the gym leaders/gym trainers, depending on how many badges the challenger has. So if you challenge X gym with 4 badges, then you'll face Lv. 30+ Pokemon, but with 6 badges, they'll be 40+ since your 4th challenged gym was Gym Z, which had Lv. 30+ Pokemon.

- Apart from the Elite 4, have an actual Pokemon League tournament as done in the Anime. Many trainers fighting for the trophy with qualifiers, preliminaries, semi-finals, etc. I mean, if they make this tough with the initial rounds following a Round Robbin format and such, it'll be fun ^_^ And maybe your rival(s) being the last battle if you make it to the finals?

- Mawile evo :D

- New type combos introduced. There are so many not done yet, so it should be interesting.

- Zubat not being in the regional Dex =P Since this won't happen, I just hope, they keep out of those caves!!!

- Moar stylus action. I dunno how, but Pokeathlon was good, so they should somehow implement it.

- Cool movie-esque cutscenes, like Rayquaza from Emerald or the Cyrus thing. But a lot more of them!

- Possibly more than 8 gyms, so you can choose which badges look spiffier? :)

- Change in the gym leader's strategies. Along with the "type-based" gyms, I'd like to see some more strategy. For example, an offense based gym, stall, weather, Baton Pass, speedy Pokemon, etc.

I agree with the side quest thing. I really hope that will appear in the games too. I hope there will be a long river in the town or a water fall, so it will look more lively. and I hope we can create our own base camp in the mountain or any other place except in the tree just like the 3rd gen. it's kinda like boring. or maybe we can make our base camp as a training place for our Pokemon!
that would be AWESOME!!!

Final
23rd April 2010, 3:42 PM
- No pointless pre-evolutions or evolutions.
- Evolutions for Pokemon who actually need them.
- Better moves for certain Pokemon (ie. Flare Blitz for Flareon, a good physical Electric Typed STAB for Luxray and Electivire to name a few).
- Not have the first Gym be a Rock Type one.
- New Type combinations.
- A more diverse selection of Fire types pre-National Dex.

pikadon92
23rd April 2010, 3:45 PM
For the very least, a good fire-type physical move when flareon and non-shiny entei have no acess to flare blitz, and fire fang's 65 bp and 95acc doesn't sound appealing.

dannydstk
23rd April 2010, 3:47 PM
I agree with the side quest thing. I really hope that will appear in the games too. I hope there will be a long river in the town or a water fall, so it will look more lively. and I hope we can create our own base camp in the mountain or any other place except in the tree just like the 3rd gen. it's kinda like boring. or maybe we can make our base camp as a training place for our Pokemon!
that would be AWESOME!!!

you could make a secret base in more places then just trees?

stickguy
23rd April 2010, 3:50 PM
that would be AWESOME!!!
Right, you pick out 6 pokes from your PC, they fight like wilds against your team and whoever wins gets exp!
Id like it if there was like a wireless thing you could activate and when its activated all other people playing with you would anso run around. Kinda like the underground only ingame...
I want this game to be another 2 region game like GS HGSS. Second region?
Hoenn! how to travel from one to the other? Tram,boat,surfing,flying and New HM vanishing...By that I mean that it would be awsome if th 7th gym would give us the ability to walk through walls...

Hydrohs
23rd April 2010, 4:03 PM
I thought Zorroark is a demon Fox. besides, Mightyena is not the wolf pokemon I wanna see. I want more better looking than Mightyena.

Mightyena looks almost exactly like a wolf, what more could you want?

It's definitely Munchlax

But Gallade is male-only.

And how were they handled badly?

Because Gardevoir can be male as well. It would have made more sense to Have Gradevoir female only as well as having Gallade male only.

What most fans won't like is another Fire/Fighting starter btw.

Especially because it will still be worse than Blaziken.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

That's not a bad idea. Giving the games a more open approach could certainly be beneficial, but it could ultimately confuse some children. It's also pretty unlikely.

There's just not enough to unlock in Pokemon to make this worthwhile.

By the Gods, yes!

Where else could Zubat go if not a cave? xD

Impossible, they'll come up with one. Or more.

Mr Dragon
23rd April 2010, 4:17 PM
Might be a bit too mainstream RPG, but character classes.

Types say hi.

i Agree Make it harder and add a more longer and new story line.

Its a kids game.

Interesting pokemon, and characters. A cameo from atleast one character of a previous game would be nice. Besides Professor Oak of course.

That would be great but unfortunately we might just have old oak again.

Heh, I didn't expect this thread to be made.

Well, so many things which I hope 5th gen provides - good storyline, hard mode, multiple saves, and so much more!!!

IT. IS. A. KIDS. GAME.

I want this game to be cool.

So do I.

Mime Snr. please happen.

More alternate battle music. Like a different battle theme for in a cave, in grass, in Safari Zone, at night, in Battle Tower, etc.

MORE CHALLENGING in general: Trainers should get up to level 60s before E4, and it should be more difficult to earn money

The music would be good.

But basically making the game more challenging using levels would make A. a longer game and B. it could make grinding even worse.

Like Ruby and Sapphire? Or completely different? Cause I wouldn't want to buy both games.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 4:25 PM
you could make a secret base in more places then just trees?

Yes.

Because Gardevoir can be male as well. It would have made more sense to Have Gradevoir female only as well as having Gallade male only.

Well, I guess, but imo, it's fine the way it is.

That's not a bad idea. Giving the games a more open approach could certainly be beneficial, but it could ultimately confuse some children. It's also pretty unlikely.

Well, I dunno about the confusing part, but I agree about it being unlikely. However, it's one of the few ways they can make the gym challenges more open without compromising on their difficulty, so it's a bit unfortunate if they don't do something like this =/

There's just not enough to unlock in Pokemon to make this worthwhile.

Well, by "unlock", I meant that if you went on that sidequest, you'd get to go to (or finally reach) a small new area with a few items and/or new Pokemon. I get what you're saying but if they did program some of these hidden areas into the game, it'd be fun exploring them. But I'm essentially just looking for some sidequests; it'd just be cool if they had TMs or something as rewards if not new areas.

Where else could Zubat go if not a cave? xD

lol out of the game maybe?

Impossible, they'll come up with one. Or more.

And knowing our luck, that's probably true. But we can always hope, right?

Ryanide
23rd April 2010, 4:27 PM
And then people are all like...

"oh lol I liked the game back when there were only 150 pokemon and was horribly unbalanced and terrible for competitive play and no EV training because I'm lazy and can't get my head around something really simple that actually becomes very fun once I learn how it works."

Seriously...there is nothing wrong with the game being more complex! A game does not have competitive worth unless it has some kind of complexity. Players should work if they want to play at higher level. It's the same for fighting games and it darn well should be the same for Pokemon. It's not like you have to EV train if you don't want to be competitive either.

So far Pokemon company have been very good to us, giving plenty of very conveniant EV training items and even some IV breeding tools in HG/SS. Any more simplification and EV's/IV's will no longer be fun for people who like to delve into the game's deeper mechanics.

Anyway, my wishlist:

*allow me to change what pokeball my pokemon is in. Pointless but fun! Everyone loves the sparkle that a luxury ball gives off.
*add some kind of new gameplay mechanic for battles. Preferrably something that will help make some of the more useless pokemon more useful.
*Give Luxray a good physical electric move. Give Flareon a good physical fire move. Give Umbreon power trick. etc. etc. Lots of pokemon need key moves and now is a good time to give it to them.
*Pachirisu evolution, Mawile/Sableye evolution, Dunsparce evolution, Masquerain evolution, Luvdisk evo, blah blah blah.
*tweak HM moves to make them more useful in combat. Surf and Waterfall are fine, but other moves like strength and cut need some more utility.
*an item that extends the turns on trick room/gravity
*More ways to combat stealth rock/spikes. Give more pokemon rapid spin or similar moves.
*Let us find some use for Unown! Perhaps fuse the entire alphabet to create some awesome ancient legendary.
*more priority attacks. Electric, fire, ground, rock and bug type priority attacks would be very useful for dealing with some key threats.
*overhaul a lot of useless moves before introducing new ones. Pump some more easy offensive attacks into types that need them.
*more stickers!
*make shiny status breedable again
*playing a pokemon's cry on the pokedex should help lure that specific species out and make them more common in the grass.
*Surf should be nice and fast like it was in R/S
*Balance contests and make them more deep and interesting. Give players the option to progress through the game using badges or ribbons. A contest elite 4 should exist. Beating the battle elite 4 or contest elite 4 will open up access to new areas. (so players will need to do both if they want to go everywhere)
* 4 player double battles!

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 4:40 PM
IT. IS. A. KIDS. GAME.

Firstly, let me correct you by saying that Pokemon is not a kids game and can be played and enjoyed by anyone and several aspects of it are far more complex than if it were a "kids game"; it's just aimed at kids.

Secondly, I care about this because....

Thirdly, apparently two save files and a good storyline go against the very essence of "a kids game".

Fourthly, hard mode is an optional mode for those looking for more of a challenge, kids or not. If you're worried that all them kiddies will flail their arms and run about crying Doomsday because the gym leader's Pokemon were of a higher level, then let me remind you that they can always play the normal difficulty mode of the game, which'll still be as challenging as the rest of the games have been for the past 15 years.

And I'd like to mention that I was a kid myself when I first played Pokemon, and it wasn't remotely challenging even then. So assuming I can be taken as a fair representative of this queer species going by the name of "kids", I'm sure the extra challenge won't go amiss.

Mr Dragon
23rd April 2010, 5:09 PM
Okay I'll surrender to that.

D*N
23rd April 2010, 5:16 PM
I agree there must be a contest elite 4 something or something like the grand festival.
Contest's need to be more interesting.
I really like the characters in pokemon but they need to appear more and have more.
More rivals would be great, an evil one, a good one, a female one etc.
Contest rival would be great idea.
8 gyms in main plus elite 4 of course but with a kind of battle island or sevi islands WITH extra gyms like 4 gyms...( like orange islands in anime, I know people here hate orange islands)
Two evil teams like in R/S/E was very interesting.
But the main thing is good pokemon and like many people say more variety in type, more in begin of the game.
Like why we don't get ice pokemon in the beginning? or fire types?( don't count the starter)

Ryanide
23rd April 2010, 5:30 PM
That's because its more fun to have to wait for later until you start getting exotic types.

First time players enjoy the sense of progression. Spending the first few moments in the game dealing with normal, flying and bug types and then suddenly coming up against an opponent with an electic type often makes you think "whoa, what do I do now?"

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 5:34 PM
I'm not sure if its been said, but I would like to see faster flowing battles. This would included removing the text and animation after each turn of a battle when a weather effect is being used. I would rather the rain would always been visible in battle, until the move runs out.

panas
23rd April 2010, 5:37 PM
It would be good if we have the opportunity to have more than six pokemon in your party like eight

Ryanide
23rd April 2010, 5:37 PM
It's very critical to know turns when weather is in effect though...for weather based teams those precious turns are important. I do agree that a continuous graphic would be a better idea, but it would get annoying and cover up some of the other attacking animations.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 5:42 PM
8 gyms in main plus elite 4 of course but with a kind of battle island or sevi islands WITH extra gyms like 4 gyms...( like orange islands in anime, I know people here hate orange islands)

Hey, I don't hate it! I like this idea.

But the main thing is good pokemon and like many people say more variety in type, more in begin of the game.
Like why we don't get ice pokemon in the beginning? or fire types?( don't count the starter)

Yeah, I'd like this too. Different types of new Pokemon at the beginning are always fun. We'll get our fair share of rodents, birds and bugs, but I'd like to see them mixed up with something like Ice types, too!

That's because its more fun to have to wait for later until you start getting exotic types.

What about all that "no time like the present"?

But yeah, I'd find it more fun if we got a few "exotic" types in the beginning itself, even if they're mediocre Pokemon.

First time players enjoy the sense of progression. Spending the first few moments in the game dealing with normal, flying and bug types and then suddenly coming up against an opponent with an electic type often makes you think "whoa, what do I do now?"

But what about Pikachu in Viridian Forest? Right at the beginning, along with the bugs and birds. I'm not saying that the standard rodent, bird(s) and bugs be done away with, but for everyone, it's not as boring if there were a few different type of Pokemon thrown into the mix.

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 5:53 PM
I felt that the Pokedex went a step back in HG/SS. I spent hours modifying cries and looking at the entries in D/P, just because it flowed better. Also, if the system for looking for body shapes of pokemon is going to be used, why not actually shopw what body shape a okemon has, rather than making trial and error have to be used to find a pokemons body shape, as it is not always clear.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 5:55 PM
It would be good if we have the opportunity to have more than six pokemon in your party like eight

That'll probably make battling unbalanced. What'd be a better idea is if they allowed two Pokemon to be carried along but unusable in battle. Problem of HM slaves taking up space in your party = fixed :D

KurowaSan
23rd April 2010, 6:19 PM
As we now have a proper speculation thread, I'm gonna quote myself to re-post my theory for the new region:

There is strong speculation so far about the new region being based on the Chuugoku-Shikoku region of Japan (also called Chuushikoku).

I was trying to put together everything that was discussed so far, what I was thinking about and sort of a tour through this Japanese region.

It would follow Gen III in the fashion that Hoenn is based on the Kyuushuu-Okinawa region.

Talking about the geographical data of Japan, Chuugoku-Shikoku is a little bigger in area, but a little less populated than Kyuushuu. And it's a lot smaller in area, but a lot more more populated than Hokkaidou (which Sinnoh is based on).

Here is how it would fit:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ja/a/ad/ChugokuShikoku-region_Small.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Pokemonworld.png http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/chuushikoku.png

The Chuugoku region is often separated this way, in a reference of the Yin/Yang:

The San'in region, the northern or shady side of the Chuugoku mountain range
It consists of the Shimane, Tottori and the north part of Yamaguchi prefectures.

The San'yo region, the southern and sunny side of the mountains.
It consists of Okayama, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi prefectures.

The Yin/Yang itself could be a possible reference of the Black & White of the game titles, as it represents a balance between seemingly contrary forces and describes how they are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. It's NOT a good vs evil conflict. And it's represented by this symbol, the Taijitu:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Yin_and_Yang.svg/220px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

There’s a screen in which we can see a two-tiered bridge. There is a very famous two-tiered bridge in the Chuugoku-Shikoku region, the Seto Bridge, that is 13.1km (or 8.1 miles) long:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/bridge.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/GreatSetoBridge2.jpg

CHUUGOKU

--Shimane Prefecture--

Home of the Izumo-taisha in Izumo, near the capital Matsue. It is one of the most ancient and important shrines (considered to be the 2nd most important) in Japan and where Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun and one of the principal Shinto deities, is enshrined.

Susanoo, the god of sea and storms, the brother of Amaterasu who slayed the dragon Yamato no Orochi in japanese mithology, is also enshrined close to Matsue, in Yakumo.

The capital, Matsue, sits between Lake Shinji (which curiously is the name of Lake Verity in the japanese version) and Nakaumi - a salt water lake with a volcanic island, the Daikon Island, with lave tubes - along the banks of the Ohashi river connecting the two. Due to the prominence of the lakes, the river and canals in the city-scape and scenery it is sometimes called the "water city".

In the city of Ota, there was the Iwami Ginzan, a silver mine, and nowadays it’s a World Heritage Site.

There is also an archipelago on the coast of Shimane called the Oki Islands.

My thoughts:

A big and important shrine should obviously be on the game and maybe using the mythology of Amaterasu or Susanoo and Orochi as a part of the game.

I’d like to see some sort of Orochi legendary. Maybe a Psychic-type Gym could fit the city, as of the importance of the Shinto shrines in this area.
The silver mine could be used as a mine/cave dungeon.

--Tottori Prefecture--

Near Tottori city, capital of the prefecture, there are the Tottori Sand Dunes, considered to be the only desert in Japan. The prefecture coast is famous for the bluefin tuna. Also, the highest mountain in Chuugoku is in this prefecture, the Daisen, which is a volcanic mountain.

Bordering the prefecture and the second highest of the Chuugoku Mountains is the Mount Hyono (which means literally Ice Mountain).

My thoughts:

A desert area near a city with a Ground-type Gym.

The Daisen could be the Victory Road, while Mount Hyono could be an Ice-type cave.

--Yamaguchi Prefecture--

It is home to the Akiyoshi Plateau, where you can find the Akiyoshi Cave, a wide, spacious and full of passages. A common visiting place.

In Iwakuni city, there's a beautiful bridge with five linked wooden arches leading to a castle. Kintai Bridge is one of the Japan's three famous bridges.

The immediate surroundings are noted for their cherry blossom and it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in Japan.

North of Yamaguchi prefecture, on the Japan Sea, stands Oumijima, known as the Sea Alps, as there are sharp stone columns thrusting out of the ocean and sheer cliffs with ocean caves.

The Yamaguchi prefecture is really close to the Kyuushuu region (Hoenn’s real world counterpart) and it is only separated by a stretch of water called the Kanmon Straits. On the Chuugoku side of the straits is the city of Shimonoseki.

Accessible via ferry from Shimonoseki stands Ganryuujima, an island famous for the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirou (the samurai that the Japanese names of Jessie and James – Musashi and Kojirou – are based on).

My thoughts:

The Akiyoshi plateau is a possible place for a Safari Zone in a game. And there should be a cave area.

A city based on Shimonoseki, with a tall tower or lighthouse, could lead on lots of connections with Hoenn and possibly hint at a future remake of Gen III games.

--Hiroshima Prefecture--

Hiroshima city is the capital of the prefecture. A world famous city for being the target of the first atomic bomb during World War II. It's a metropolis, quickly and strongly rebuilt after the bomb incident, but also has museums and ruins, like the Genbaku Dome in the Peace Memorial Park, left to show the scars of the past.

The city is often linked with the Yakuza (Japanese mafia), thanks to many famous yakuza movies taking place in Hiroshima.

The Itsukushima shrine on the island of Miyajima stands in the Inland Sea, really close to Hiroshima, and the tides makes it looks like it’s floating sometimes.

My thoughts:

Hiroshima is a very likely candidate for being the city represented in the screen with the big city surrounded with water.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/city.png

The historic ruins in Hiroshima could be a place where you find Ghost Pok&#233;mon. Also, as it is as big city and often linked to the yakuza, so it’s a good guess for the headquarters of the evil team, or even to have the awaited Dark-type Gym.

There should be an area based on Miyajima, with Stantler in it, as there are lots of deers roaming freely through the island.

--Okayama Prefecture--

The capital of the Okayama prefecture is Okayama city, linked through the Marine Liner, the train that rides on the Seto Bridge aforementioned, to Takamatsu, the capital of Kagawa, in Shikoku.

It's famous as the setting of the japanese fable Momotarou, about a boy that appeared from within a peach and later would befriend a dog, a pheasant and a monkey on a quest to the Oni (demon/ogre) island. This island is associated with Megijima, an Inland Sea island near Takamatsu. The caves at the top of the island is said to be where the Oni lived.

My thoughts:

I could see some Pecha Berry trees around here.

The Seto Bridge linking the two landmasses could be a Cycling Road or something similar.

I think it is an interesting idea to have a Fire-type Gym, with a gym leader with a name like Momoko/Momoka (as momo is peach in Japanese) having a Torchic, Monferno and Houndoom (to reference the Pheasant, Monkey and Dog from the fable).

SHIKOKU

--Kagawa Prefecture--

The capital, Takamatsu, is the one mentioned above. It is where one of the most famous and most beautiful historical parks in Japan can be found, the Ritsurin Park.

My thoughts:

As for the island near Takamatsu mentioned before, there could be a cave and maybe some event in which you should take 3 specific Pok&#233;mon in your party. Could that be the use for the shiny beasts from Movie 13?

The park could be the forest you run into early in the game.

--Ehime Prefecture--

Famous for its citric fruits and responsible for a substantial fraction of Shikoku's electricity, specially from Ikata's nuclear power plant and wind farms.

The capital, Matsuyama, is famous for the hot springs, of which there is the Dogo Onsen, the oldest hot spring bath house in Japan.

My thoughts:

A city with a nearby power plant filled with Electric-type Pok&#233;mon.

--Kochi Prefecture--

The prefecture has a generally small commercial scale and its industries are generally based upon utilizing the natural resources found within the prefecture.

Sakamoto Ryoma is a really famous samurai born in Kochi and was a leader of the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate during the Bakumatsu period in Japan. A Meiji Restoration hero.

On the coast village of Usa, in Kosa, stands the world famous Usa Marine Biological Institute, one of the oldest and largest marine biology research centers in Japan.

My thoughts:

The starting town could be around here on the southern tip of the region, being the home of the protagonist and the professor's lab.

I was thinking of having the town of Shimanto as the starting town and Kochi as the professor's lab town, but as seen in the starting town screen, there is a big shadow on the top part, possibly being the lab.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/town.png

--Tokushima Prefecture--

The Iya Valley is a scenic area known for its dramatic mountain valleys and old vine bridges. There lies the second-highest peak on Shikoku, the Mount Tsurugi.

My thoughts:

Cianwood City in Johto is based on Naruto, a city on the northeastern tip of Shikoku that is part of the Tokushima prefecture.

So, this is how I picture the region. Remember, this is SPECULATION:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/BW_region.png

I’m sorry that it turned pretty big, I just noticed now how long it became.

cg_25
23rd April 2010, 6:21 PM
I like the old cries and the new cries. I prefer if they keep them.

Hydrohs
23rd April 2010, 6:27 PM
That'll probably make battling unbalanced. What'd be a better idea is if they allowed two Pokemon to be carried along but unusable in battle. Problem of HM slaves taking up space in your party = fixed :D

I like that idea but only being able to carry around six Pokemon is a rule, not just a part of the game. So as cool as it would be having two slots for HM Slaves that's something that's not going to happen.

D*N
23rd April 2010, 6:39 PM
I like that idea but only being able to carry around six Pokemon is a rule, not just a part of the game. So as cool as it would be having two slots for HM Slaves that's something that's not going to happen.

why not have two teams?
In battle you can only use the team you selected as first, but you can switch.
This would be very handy for hm slaves, two teams= more types pokemon, or the battle team and contestteam.
They can also make the routers longer because with more pokemons you can longer survive.
however they can limit the use of your second team.

KGB13
23rd April 2010, 6:43 PM
My B/W Wishlist:

- Vs. Seeker
- Battle Frontier in both games instead of just the 3rd installment
- An On/Off option for the Following Feature (if it returns) and an option to choose which pokemon follows you
- The ability to travel to another region and earn more than 8 Gym Badges
- A Customization Option giving you the ability to choose your characters hairstyle, clothes, skin color, etc.
- A tournament style E4 like in the anime

My B/W Evo's and Pre-Evo's Wishlist:

- Tropius
- Lapras
- Heracross
- Farfetch'd
- Girafarig
- Jynx
- Pinsir
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Sableye
- Torkoal
- Skarmory
- Kecleon
- Tauros
- Miltank
- Delibird
- Kangaskhan

I know all of these pokemon won't receive anything I just hope some of them do.

D*N
23rd April 2010, 6:43 PM
As we now have a proper speculation thread, I'm gonna quote myself to re-post my theory for the new region:

It would follow Gen III in the fashion that Hoenn is based on the Kyuushuu-Okinawa region.

Talking about the geographical data of Japan, Chuugoku-Shikoku is a little bigger in area, but a little less populated than Kyuushuu. And it's a lot smaller in area, but a lot more more populated than Hokkaidou (which Sinnoh is based on).

Here is how it would fit:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ja/a/ad/ChugokuShikoku-region_Small.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Pokemonworld.png http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/chuushikoku.png

The Chuugoku region is often separated this way, in a reference of the Yin/Yang:

The San'in region, the northern or shady side of the Chuugoku mountain range
It consists of the Shimane, Tottori and the north part of Yamaguchi prefectures.

The San'yo region, the southern and sunny side of the mountains.
It consists of Okayama, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi prefectures.

The Yin/Yang itself could be a possible reference of the Black & White of the game titles, as it represents a balance between seemingly contrary forces and describes how they are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. It's NOT a good vs evil conflict. And it's represented by this symbol, the Taijitu:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Yin_and_Yang.svg/220px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

There’s a screen in which we can see a two-tiered bridge. There is a very famous two-tiered bridge in the Chuugoku-Shikoku region, the Seto Bridge, that is 13.1km (or 8.1 miles) long:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/bridge.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/GreatSetoBridge2.jpg

CHUUGOKU

--Shimane Prefecture--

Home of the Izumo-taisha in Izumo, near the capital Matsue. It is one of the most ancient and important shrines (considered to be the 2nd most important) in Japan and where Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun and one of the principal Shinto deities, is enshrined.

Susanoo, the god of sea and storms, the brother of Amaterasu who slayed the dragon Yamato no Orochi in japanese mithology, is also enshrined close to Matsue, in Yakumo.

The capital, Matsue, sits between Lake Shinji (which curiously is the name of Lake Verity in the japanese version) and Nakaumi - a salt water lake with a volcanic island, the Daikon Island, with lave tubes - along the banks of the Ohashi river connecting the two. Due to the prominence of the lakes, the river and canals in the city-scape and scenery it is sometimes called the "water city".

In the city of Ota, there was the Iwami Ginzan, a silver mine, and nowadays it’s a World Heritage Site.

There is also an archipelago on the coast of Shimane called the Oki Islands.

My thoughts:

A big and important shrine should obviously be on the game and maybe using the mythology of Amaterasu or Susanoo and Orochi as a part of the game.

I’d like to see some sort of Orochi legendary. Maybe a Psychic-type Gym could fit the city, as of the importance of the Shinto shrines in this area.
The silver mine could be used as a mine/cave dungeon.

--Tottori Prefecture--

Near Tottori city, capital of the prefecture, there are the Tottori Sand Dunes, considered to be the only desert in Japan. The prefecture coast is famous for the bluefin tuna. Also, the highest mountain in Chuugoku is in this prefecture, the Daisen, which is a volcanic mountain.

Bordering the prefecture and the second highest of the Chuugoku Mountains is the Mount Hyono (which means literally Ice Mountain).

My thoughts:

A desert area near a city with a Ground-type Gym.

The Daisen could be the Victory Road, while Mount Hyono could be an Ice-type cave.

--Yamaguchi Prefecture--

It is home to the Akiyoshi Plateau, where you can find the Akiyoshi Cave, a wide, spacious and full of passages. A common visiting place.

In Iwakuni city, there's a beautiful bridge with five linked wooden arches leading to a castle. Kintai Bridge is one of the Japan's three famous bridges.

The immediate surroundings are noted for their cherry blossom and it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in Japan.

North of Yamaguchi prefecture, on the Japan Sea, stands Oumijima, known as the Sea Alps, as there are sharp stone columns thrusting out of the ocean and sheer cliffs with ocean caves.

The Yamaguchi prefecture is really close to the Kyuushuu region (Hoenn’s real world counterpart) and it is only separated by a stretch of water called the Kanmon Straits. On the Chuugoku side of the straits is the city of Shimonoseki.

Accessible via ferry from Shimonoseki stands Ganryuujima, an island famous for the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirou (the samurai that the Japanese names of Jessie and James – Musashi and Kojirou – are based on).

My thoughts:

The Akiyoshi plateau is a possible place for a Safari Zone in a game. And there should be a cave area.

A city based on Shimonoseki, with a tall tower or lighthouse, could lead on lots of connections with Hoenn and possibly hint at a future remake of Gen III games.

--Hiroshima Prefecture--

Hiroshima city is the capital of the prefecture. A world famous city for being the target of the first atomic bomb during World War II. It's a metropolis, quickly and strongly rebuilt after the bomb incident, but also has museums and ruins, like the Genbaku Dome in the Peace Memorial Park, left to show the scars of the past.

The city is often linked with the Yakuza (Japanese mafia), thanks to many famous yakuza movies taking place in Hiroshima.

The Itsukushima shrine on the island of Miyajima stands in the Inland Sea, really close to Hiroshima, and the tides makes it looks like it’s floating sometimes.

My thoughts:

Hiroshima is a very likely candidate for being the city represented in the screen with the big city surrounded with water.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/city.png

The historic ruins in Hiroshima could be a place where you find Ghost Pokémon. Also, as it is as big city and often linked to the yakuza, so it’s a good guess for the headquarters of the evil team, or even to have the awaited Dark-type Gym.

There should be an area based on Miyajima, with Stantler in it, as there are lots of deers roaming freely through the island.

--Okayama Prefecture--

The capital of the Okayama prefecture is Okayama city, linked through the Marine Liner, the train that rides on the Seto Bridge aforementioned, to Takamatsu, the capital of Kagawa, in Shikoku.

It's famous as the setting of the japanese fable Momotarou, about a boy that appeared from within a peach and later would befriend a dog, a pheasant and a monkey on a quest to the Oni (demon/ogre) island. This island is associated with Megijima, an Inland Sea island near Takamatsu. The caves at the top of the island is said to be where the Oni lived.

My thoughts:

I could see some Pecha Berry trees around here.

The Seto Bridge linking the two landmasses could be a Cycling Road or something similar.

I think it is an interesting idea to have a Fire-type Gym, with a gym leader with a name like Momoko/Momoka (as momo is peach in Japanese) having a Torchic, Monferno and Houndoom (to reference the Pheasant, Monkey and Dog from the fable).

SHIKOKU

--Kagawa Prefecture--

The capital, Takamatsu, is the one mentioned above. It is where one of the most famous and most beautiful historical parks in Japan can be found, the Ritsurin Park.

My thoughts:

As for the island near Takamatsu mentioned before, there could be a cave and maybe some event in which you should take 3 specific Pokémon in your party. Could that be the use for the shiny beasts from Movie 13?

The park could be the forest you run into early in the game.

--Ehime Prefecture--

Famous for its citric fruits and responsible for a substantial fraction of Shikoku's electricity, specially from Ikata's nuclear power plant and wind farms.

The capital, Matsuyama, is famous for the hot springs, of which there is the Dogo Onsen, the oldest hot spring bath house in Japan.

My thoughts:

A city with a nearby power plant filled with Electric-type Pokémon.

--Kochi Prefecture--

The prefecture has a generally small commercial scale and its industries are generally based upon utilizing the natural resources found within the prefecture.

Sakamoto Ryoma is a really famous samurai born in Kochi and was a leader of the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate during the Bakumatsu period in Japan. A Meiji Restoration hero.

On the coast village of Usa, in Kosa, stands the world famous Usa Marine Biological Institute, one of the oldest and largest marine biology research centers in Japan.

My thoughts:

The starting town could be around here on the southern tip of the region, being the home of the protagonist and the professor's lab.

I was thinking of having the town of Shimanto as the starting town and Kochi as the professor's lab town, but as seen in the starting town screen, there is a big shadow on the top part, possibly being the lab.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/town.png

--Tokushima Prefecture--

The Iya Valley is a scenic area known for its dramatic mountain valleys and old vine bridges. There lies the second-highest peak on Shikoku, the Mount Tsurugi.

My thoughts:

Cianwood City in Johto is based on Naruto, a city on the northeastern tip of Shikoku that is part of the Tokushima prefecture.

So, this is how I picture the region. Remember, this is SPECULATION:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/BW_region.png

I’m sorry that it turned pretty big, I just noticed now how long it became.

yes I saw this earlier in the other tread
It is a good theory.
I also think the region will be based of chugokku ( don't know the name)
rest I don't know if all details will be the same.
A dessert would be fine, I like that.
Some snow on a high mountain and a kind of volcano cave thing are also nice.
So we don't have all the way that boring grassy routes.
That's why I love the Hoen region.

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 6:49 PM
I'm not sure if its been said, but I would like to see faster flowing battles. This would included removing the text and animation after each turn of a battle when a weather effect is being used. I would rather the rain would always been visible in battle, until the move runs out.
I AGREE! I'm tired of having to hear that it's still raining all the time, just show me it's raining and maybe have a bit of text that says the rain stopped.

I'll be happy with whatever they decide for the starters but personally here are the types or ideas I'd like to see them do:

Water/Bug based off of a water beetle! Water/Ghost would also be cool!

For the fire starter I'd like to see Fire/Poison with it being based off of a Gila monster. Fire/Psychic would also be cool, not sure what they would base that off of though.

and for the grass starter I'd like to see Grass/Steel or Grass/Ghost if they didn't use that for the Water types second type.

Like I said I'll be happy with whatever as long as they don't make ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter.

Besides dressing up pokemon for photos it might also be cool if you could have them wearing a small selection, maybe 3 or 4 decorative items while battling. I don't think that would be too hard as they are able to show various pokemon dancing with items on, it's not like they would be making multiple sprites just an item overlay.

Ryanide
23rd April 2010, 6:59 PM
The problem is that item overlays will look really strange on some pokemon with oddly shaped bodies. And being able to see your opponent's item on their sprite would totally ruin the element of surprise and strategy that comes with giving items.

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 7:08 PM
The problem is that item overlays will look really strange on some pokemon with oddly shaped bodies. And being able to see your opponent's item on their sprite would totally ruin the element of surprise and strategy that comes with giving items.
I'm not talking about battle items right now I'm talking about stuff like the top hat and bows, the same items you put on them when in contests.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 7:12 PM

Oh no, I didn't say I wanted this and I know it won't happen, I just said it'd be better than having 8 Pokemon per team.

Another wildly impossible idea I had which I forgot to post was about "environmental effects" in battles. For example, Water Pokemon would be stronger in while battling in water, Grass Pokemon in grass, etc. Makes sense to me ^^;

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 7:32 PM
@Indragon
But surely if this sort of system was implemlemented then it would also have other effects, such as making electric moves more accurate when in water, or the burn effect having a hgher chance in grass, due to combustion of the grass environment. If there were to have the examples that you included i don't see how they could do it without ignoring these factors.

mitchman_93
23rd April 2010, 7:33 PM
Ew keep the crap fan-art outta here! Anyway, I saw someone wanted the BF from the start. I say why not, and have it expanded on with more facilities or challenges in the 3rd game.

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 7:36 PM

I agree with you here, it would ruin strategies. However, I don't see why the held item cannot be shown on the touch screen, above the menus. This would save time having to go into the status screen to see what item your Pokemon has equipped. It doesn't have to take up much space, it can just be an image which represents the item in the bag.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 7:44 PM
@Indragon
But surely if this sort of system was implemlemented then it would also have other effects, such as making electric moves more accurate when in water, or the burn effect having a hgher chance in grass, due to combustion of the grass environment. If there were to have the examples that you included i don't see how they could do it without ignoring these factors.

Yes, it would have many other effects. You pointed out a few good ones. I've not planned everything out lol, but there'd be more than what I mentioned.

Sponge
23rd April 2010, 7:46 PM
I'd like to see a rival in the form of a member of whatever evil organisation/team is in the game. Possibly they could start out as a simple grunt and eventually as time goes by they get stronger. Maybe depending on what you say to them (you get a choice) throughout the storyline they might choose to continue causing chaos or leave the group.

Also I'd like to see grunts have names, poor nameless grunts :(

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 7:56 PM
I know its been stated, but what would people like to see in the new region. In retrospect, I find Hoenn to be the best region out of all of them, due to the variety on offer (minus the huge extensive water routes). For example, Hoenn has areas where meteor craters exist, and where ash falls and rainfall was heavy and clouds could be seen reflected back in the water. All Sinnoh had which was unique was the swamp areas and the snow areas, not that I'm bashing them. I like the rainforest, canyon and trench ideas which have been thrown around, it would fit in with a warmer climate game. Route 120 is what I would consider a good route in Hoenn, it has the rain, thunder and the cloud cover quite extensivley.

Neurotic Nuckelavee
23rd April 2010, 8:11 PM
I know its been stated, but what would people like to see in the new region. In retrospect, I find Hoenn to be the best region out of all of them, due to the variety on offer (minus the huge extensive water routes). For example, Hoenn has areas where meteor craters exist, and where ash falls and rainfall was heavy and clouds could be seen reflected back in the water. All Sinnoh had which was unique was the swamp areas and the snow areas, not that I'm bashing them. I like the rainforest, canyon and trench ideas which have been thrown around, it would fit in with a warmer climate game. Route 120 is what I would consider a good route in Hoenn, it has the rain, thunder and the cloud cover quite extensivley.
I'm definitely hoping for something reminiscent of Hoenn, as in having a lot of variety with the environment. I agree with you Hoenn had the best terrains.

Another desert would be nice or a Savannah. I'd like to see the ocean areas be expanded on, like adding a tide pool area.

Overall I don't think there is one type of habitat I'd like to see more of I would just like to see them make the sort of environments we've seen already be upgraded like they did with the city.

Chardan
23rd April 2010, 8:24 PM
I'm definitely hoping for something reminiscent of Hoenn, as in having a lot of variety with the environment. I agree with you Hoenn had the best terrains.

Another desert would be nice or a Savannah. I'd like to see the ocean areas be expanded on, like adding a tide pool area.

Overall I don't think there is one type of habitat I'd like to see more of I would just like to see them make the sort of environments we've seen already be upgraded like they did with the city.

I really like the idea of the tide pool, it would allow for more ----/water types, as opposed to the crowded water single types. I think the DS could pull this off, and why not include areas with more variety. Plus, we could get a Corsola evolution with a tide pool!

Mr.Azy
23rd April 2010, 8:41 PM
^^Yes I too agree corsola does deserve and evo

My main requests are as follows

1) A long plot line before and after the elite 4, depending on the legendary pokemon which will be featured.

2) Depending on server space and fan support, more regular wi-fi events, not necessarily for legendaries, but for shiny ordinary pokemon with certain moves that cannot be learnt in the game, as for time factor, it should last maybe for 2 weeks, varied.

3)In-game achievements, more variety, by getting a vertain amount of achievements, this should permit players to gain access to extra areas/bonuses, or legendary pokemon etc.

4) Battle frontier, more facilities and perhaps rewarding top-level trainers a platinum symbol, much higher than gold.

5) Wifi ranking matches, initially there is a tendency for losers to D/C, perhaps demote them if such a thing were to happen. There should be lots of ranks as well as a regular leaderboard update, and perhaps that should be split region wise as well as a global leaderboard, displaying No.Wins/Loss/win.percentage

6) More diverse pokemon abilities.

7);107; being my favourite, must have an evo, or as one of the mods pointed out in a chat a few days ago, iron fist ability should do 150% extra dmg rather than 120.

That is my initial suggestions for now, critiqued they will be.

AZ

Ninja Charmander
23rd April 2010, 9:25 PM
One thing I imagine they will do with the 3DS being so close is have the game be improved graphically in some way while it's being played on the 3DS. Perhaps better 3D or they could have something that's added when played on the 3DS like an exclusive mini game and evolution item?

TheUltimateTrainer
23rd April 2010, 9:28 PM
And then people are all like...

"oh lol I liked the game back when there were only 150 pokemon and was horribly unbalanced and terrible for competitive play and no EV training because I'm lazy and can't get my head around something really simple that actually becomes very fun once I learn how it works."

Seriously...there is nothing wrong with the game being more complex! A game does not have competitive worth unless it has some kind of complexity. Players should work if they want to play at higher level. It's the same for fighting games and it darn well should be the same for Pokemon. It's not like you have to EV train if you don't want to be competitive either.

So far Pokemon company have been very good to us, giving plenty of very conveniant EV training items and even some IV breeding tools in HG/SS. Any more simplification and EV's/IV's will no longer be fun for people who like to delve into the game's deeper mechanics.

Anyway, my wishlist:

*allow me to change what pokeball my pokemon is in. Pointless but fun! Everyone loves the sparkle that a luxury ball gives off.
*add some kind of new gameplay mechanic for battles. Preferrably something that will help make some of the more useless pokemon more useful.
*Give Luxray a good physical electric move. Give Flareon a good physical fire move. Give Umbreon power trick. etc. etc. Lots of pokemon need key moves and now is a good time to give it to them.
*Pachirisu evolution, Mawile/Sableye evolution, Dunsparce evolution, Masquerain evolution, Luvdisk evo, blah blah blah.
*tweak HM moves to make them more useful in combat. Surf and Waterfall are fine, but other moves like strength and cut need some more utility.
*an item that extends the turns on trick room/gravity
*More ways to combat stealth rock/spikes. Give more pokemon rapid spin or similar moves.
*Let us find some use for Unown! Perhaps fuse the entire alphabet to create some awesome ancient legendary.
*more priority attacks. Electric, fire, ground, rock and bug type priority attacks would be very useful for dealing with some key threats.
*overhaul a lot of useless moves before introducing new ones. Pump some more easy offensive attacks into types that need them.
*more stickers!
*make shiny status breedable again
*playing a pokemon's cry on the pokedex should help lure that specific species out and make them more common in the grass.
*Surf should be nice and fast like it was in R/S
*Balance contests and make them more deep and interesting. Give players the option to progress through the game using badges or ribbons. A contest elite 4 should exist. Beating the battle elite 4 or contest elite 4 will open up access to new areas. (so players will need to do both if they want to go everywhere)
* 4 player double battles!

Why just battle and contest? A pok&#233;athlon E4 would also be cool, making it possible for you to choose between three different endings, also, I think that the pok&#233;athlon's much better than the contests.

Either way, here's my wishlist:

Gym/E4

1. Make the gym puzzles harder. They're very easy to solve, so I would like some harder, in which your intelligense and tactic side of you may be put to test. Also maybe give the E4 an elite puzzle each (including a champion puzzle for the champion).
2. NOT make the first gym a rock gym.
3. Give the champion a mixed and balanced team.

Story

1. Make two teams, one you will work together with, and one you will fight against (which will differ depending on the version just like in R/S) and then, in the 3rd version, so must you fight against both teams (like in emerald).
2. Make the team evil (like Team Galactic), and not like TR (R/B/G/Y/FR/LG: "Come on, let's take over Silph Corp. so we can control all the pok&#233;mon" G/S/C/HG/SS: "Come on, let's make over greatest plan ever of cutting off Slowpoke's tails, make the Gyarados go on a rampage and take over the Radio Tower, so that Giovanni will come back"), Team Magma ("Who cares about sea? we can't even live there") and Team Aqua ("Sea creates life and land makes the sea go bad, so let all the lands be gone).
3. Make your rival, the trainer you didn't choice, the gym leaders and the E4 more important, like working together with them.
4. Include the BF with new facility.

Other

1. Include new type mixes (like a fire/dragon).
2. Include the light type.
3. Make the White mascot a light legendary that symbolises Yang.
4. Make the Black mascot a dark legendary that symbolises Yin.
5. Make the 3rd version mascot a light/dark legendary that symbolises the balance between Yin and Yang.
6. If light should appear: Light moves have no effect against dark while dark moves have no effect against light.
7. Make a real-time battle system.

Cirvos
23rd April 2010, 9:33 PM
truly i just hope you get to walk by your pokemon that wasw just so cool

although i dont think the adition of a new type I.E. light would be that benifitial since its gonna be a pain finding out besides dark what its weaknesses and strengths are

adhdguitar
23rd April 2010, 9:40 PM
I'm not really into the idea of a new type, but w/e

What I really want is a bigger regional dex. I hate having a limited array of Pokemon to use in the game against the Elite Four and what not. Its like, "yay" I can now get Beldum. But now there's nothing to do with it. :[

RedCrow
23rd April 2010, 9:41 PM

I agree, Hoenn is the most "Diverse" regions of all and R/S/E is still my favorite game because of that reason. To be honest D/P/Pt was good, but I still enjoy older games more than them. The only reason I play D/P/Pt more then I ever played the others is because Wifi and all of the new game "Mechanics" that makes training pokemon more time consuming.

So, some other things I would like to see in "Black and White":

1.A longer and more intriguing story, I am hoping for a Chaos and Order type thing corresponding with Black and White. Like, For Example, one legend could epitomize the evil within pokemon and humans (And the world as a whole), while the other epitomizes all of the goodness in people and pokemon (Again, including the world as a whole). This goes back to the yin/yang thing. lol

2.I would also like to see a couple evolutions to past pokemon:

-Sandslash: This pokemon has the potential to be a great physical sweeper and defense, but lacks the moveset.
-Pinsir:Good stats, but could use a evolution
-Dunsparce: One of the MOST underrated pokemon OF ALL TIME! (As Kanye would say) Barely used for anything. This poor little thing is begging for an evolution.

Highor
23rd April 2010, 9:50 PM
I hope that OU Tier become wider(and with more old pok&#233;mon in it. I think that can be made items that can make a difference to pok&#233;mon like Persian, Victreebel, Sudowoodo, Mightyena, etc), but its just a dream.

For starter, a hope that Water/Grass/Fire changes, but if it remains the same, a hope for:
Water/Bug
Grass/Ghost
Fire/Dragon
set for final evolutions.

It Would be nice to see 2 complete different games in Black and White.
And please more good bug pok&#233;mon.
I hope for a good phisycal fire and electric moves too.

I don't care if a new type is added.

Indragon
23rd April 2010, 9:51 PM
One thing I imagine they will do with the 3DS being so close is have the game be improved graphically in some way while it's being played on the 3DS. Perhaps better 3D or they could have something that's added when played on the 3DS like an exclusive mini game and evolution item?

You can be sure there'll be enhancements and/or new features for the games if played on the 3DS. The evolution item won't happen though.

DaAuraWolf
23rd April 2010, 9:53 PM
Well,,Here I go

1.two villinous teams,one be bad in one version and try to stop the other(like Magma/Aqua in RS)
2.16 Badges again
2.1 the opion to travel back to Sinnoh.
3.two new types
4.deeper and longer storyline
5.the option to buy clothes in the game
6.Contests to be more like the ones in the anime
7.Return of the Pokeathlon
8.A Demon like Legendary Pokemon to be the opose of Arceus
9.Better Battling system
10.Dark-typed Gym
11.Traveling in the sky and catching Pokemon in the sky like Dive in R/S and the Sky tarveling in Ranger 3.
12.Slots to be put back in countrys that wants them back in.(really missed them in the American version of HGSS).

Lorde
23rd April 2010, 9:54 PM
There's only one thing I really am hoping they'll improve. I hate how long trades usually take in all other Pokemon games and it always kills me to wait for everything to settle. With Gen 5, I'm hoping the game designers took the time to change the whole trading system to something better suited for the gaming world in this day and age. Hopefully there will be some option that at least speeds up the trades between two players so everything will run smoothly and we don't have to sit there for a minute waiting for the data to get "swapped".

Ememew
23rd April 2010, 9:57 PM
Some new methods for split-evolving they could use:

1) How about . . . Version-Based Evolution?

Something found in both games that, if in Black Version evolves into one thing, but becomes something else in White Version. In-game a character could say the evolution is based on the trainer's aura or something.
There are already other version-exclusives, so it wouldn't be "too hard" to get. You'd just have to trade with someone to get the one that evolves in the other game.

What would you get in the 3rd game? They could make it the Black evolution if your ID# is odd, and the White evolution if it is even.

2) Location evolution more on the lines of Burmy (but becoming a split evo, not just a different form). If in a cave/dessert becomes Pokemon A, while Surfing/in snow becomes Pokemon B, on a normal route/forest becomes Pokemon C, in cities/buildings/elsewhere becomes Pokemon D.

As precedent, they've had leveling up on a specific route create split-evos for Leafeon and Glaceon, and have had the female Burmy split into different Wormadam forms based on the surrounding area it last battled in.

Wordy
23rd April 2010, 10:02 PM
I'd rather not see too many evolutions or pre-evolutions, first off. We don't need all three-stage evolutionary lines, please focus on the main meat of the game.

We need a Dark type gym by now, desperately. We've had three generations of the Dark type, but no gym. I presume this is because of how evil teams use it- but that hasn't stopped the Poison Gymleaders!

Having played through HG/SS I also want all of the main NPCs main Pokemon to be from the B/W region. It's so irritating having Pidgeotto, Scyther, Miltank, Gengar, Poliwrath, Steelix, Piloswine, Kingdra- well actually it isn't that bad, but we saw too many Kanto Pokemon in Johto. You are unable to get Houndour before beating the E4, but you can get Growlithe, Vulpix and Magmar. It's not fair on the new gen's Pokemon.

If there is a BF, I'd love to see a Battle Arena, Pike or Pyramid. Out of the Gen IV facilities, my fave was the Castle. Factory and Tower are givens no matter what so I won't even bother to ask.

The returning Pokemon... it is easy to tell which ones from Kanto and Johto will be probably definitely returning due to Nat. Dex pattterns and whatnot. Hoenn is slightly harder, because so far we only have Sinnoh to go on, and even then it depends on whether or not the DP Dex or the PlatDex is the 'real' one. I personally think it's the PlatDex, but hey.

From Gen IV, I'd love to see the Snover line and the Drifloon line. Also, Spiritomb, Stunky, Bronzor, and Combee. They're all really neat. Actually, I kinda like all the Gen IV Pokemon, but I think that would be too much optimism. I definitely don't want wild starters, though.

And definitely not a Dragon-type final starter evo. Think of how unbalanced the trio would be. And no changes to Gyarados.

Ellie
23rd April 2010, 10:05 PM
new version being posted soon