Ability: Torrent
EVs: Not sure yet
Nature: Not sure yet
Moves:
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Icebeam
-Haze/Rapid Spin
*Okay I know he's considered UU, but he's my favorite pokemon. I have enough defenders so I'm actually trying to make my blastoise offensive. This moveset is GREAT at covering all the types he's weak to and then some, I'm just not very sure what stats or nature to go with on him.

Tyrannitar@Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs:88HP, 252 ATK, 168 SPE
Nature:Adamant (Lonely/Naughty if crunch is used?)
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Earth Quake
-Rock Slide
-Taunt (considering Crunch because taunt may not be very useful against the opponents in my area)

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Pressure
Modest Nature
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
(Yeah I know he's uber, but fire/red doesn't really run that many gorgeous special sweepers, and lots of people I play with run Ubers so he gets them out of the way, besides he balances out Blastoise)

Wheezing@leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SPD
Nature: Lax (as a defender speed is most likely less important)
Moves:
-Will O' Wisp
-Haze
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest/Flamethrower (I'm actually caught between these two Sludge Bomb, sludge bomb suits wheezing better overall but flamethrower can pound steel)

Skarmory@Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP, 56 ATK, 188 DEF, 12 SPE
Nature: Impish
Moves:
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck/Steel Wing
-Rest

Blissey@Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 defense, 4 SPD
Nature:Bold
Moves:
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunderwave

I'd like any advice anyone has on this before I start trying to build the team. I'm trying to build the best team I can with limited ability to trade with people. I'm sort of concerned with how I'm gonna get some of the moves for these pokemon. I think I can actually build this team with minimal trading as long as I can somehow breed an icebeam onto blastoise (I don't know how breeding moves works very well but I'm hoping it can be done). My main concern now is the viability of the team. If anyone can give me advice on how the team looks I'd be very grateful.

nadroj333
14th May 2010, 12:59 PM
i like your team vampire, its nearlly like mine and it covers many elements.

Your whole team is good but i noticed you didn't have any ground,
maybe try switching skarmory for a steelix, with the moves:
Iron Tail
Double Edge
Earthquake
maybe rockslide?

And i do reckon tyrannitor should have crunch as it is dark (one of his
elemants) and will thrash any psychic.

I'm also pretty sure that you can teach Blastoise TM13 (icebeam).

Also, the best ten elements to clock the game with (attacking and defending) are (in order): Pychic, ghost, ground, flying, electric, dragon, steel, water, dark and ice. Don't ask how i worked it out, i had to count up every pokemon you verse in the game. i hope all this helps.

K-os
22nd May 2010, 12:17 PM
Getting rid of Blastoise and throwing in Vaporeon will help a great deal, because he gives Wish support.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpA
- Surf
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Protect gives him a free turn if he needs the wish recovery. You can even run a baton passing set, which would really help this team (pass this to TTar and you've got a sweep)

Vaporeon @ Leftovers / Salac Berry
Bold Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Surf
- Wish
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

vampiremessiah51
24th May 2010, 2:17 PM
I actually prefer skarmory in there because, well he does things steelix can't. He's an absolutely disgusting wall that spikes and whirlwinds and makes things hurt. He's still immune to tyrannitar's sandstorm so there's some synergy there. I'm not sure how necessary a ground type is. Sure it stops electric moves dead in their tracks.

I do admit I don't have anything that is immune or can soak electricity type wise, but Blissey stops electricity just fine, and Tyrannitar can demolish them with earthquake. Hell if blastoise is in a huge rut even HE isn't defenseless against electrics.

As for removing blastoise. *deep sigh* I know he's UU, much as I hate to admit it. But he is my favorite pokemon and deep down I wish he could stay. >.>; I'm sure a starmie would work far better or a vaporeon. The situation with Ice Beam for blastoise by the way is caused by mewtwo, who will more likely REQUIRE ice beam. I was hoping blastoise could learn it through breeding perhaps. I don't understand it well enough to know if it's possible.

K-os
24th May 2010, 4:36 PM
You can buy as many Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Flamethrower TMs as you want in the game corner, for 80,000$ a piece.

vampiremessiah51
2nd June 2010, 6:30 AM

*facepalms*

wow my bad. well we're good to go on that note then.

Calm PokeMaster
3rd June 2010, 1:16 PM
Hmm this time depends on bulky offense. i suggest that you have a fast, sweeper only Pokemon other than Mewtwo. Maybe remove Weezing and add a
fire type like Arcanine or Ninetales.

Don't disturb SkarmBliss, whatever you do,but.

vampiremessiah51
5th June 2010, 2:20 AM
I just caught mewtwo, i had to wrestle with him ten times to even get the right nature but I've finally gotten a modest mewtwo. He's got the following IV's:

HP18
ATK15
DEF15
SA17
SD2
SPD30

I know they aren't sterling but I was going crazy (wanted to save the masterball for raikou who'd be even worse...). I figured they were average enough to not kill his base stats and the 2 in SD was non essential where else the 30 in SPD was demonically beautiful for sweeping. No one else in my area power plays (at least as hard as I do) so I figured it'd be usable until I could yoink a better mewtwo. With these IV's can I get some advice on where to put the EV's to abuse the boltbeam?

K-os
8th June 2010, 4:16 PM
Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Pressure
Modest Nature
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Allows him to outrun all neutral natured, max speed base 120s, such as Alakazam. He can't reach 404 HP (101 Subs) because of a HP IV of 18. Therefore, I did not include Substitute in this set, as that really is a big milestone. If you think status will keep appearing, try this set:

Mewtwo @ Salac Berry
Pressure
Modest Nature
EVs: 80 HP / 158 Def / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Sub down to get your Salac boost, and if you managed a Calm Mind along the way, nothing will be standing in the way of your STAB Psychic. Ice Beam deals with dragons. Watch out for Steels.

vampiremessiah51
10th June 2010, 1:55 AM
I think that first set is a little bit closer to what I'm going for. I doubt there'll be much purposeful statusing and the blissey will be able to fix that if I can get that one done.

I'm very happy with my Tyrannitar's stats, at least 25 or so in every stat. the only stat that disappointed me was his HP. Skarmory... his IV's are cruddy where it counts and good where it doesn't, but I'll probably just keep breeding them til I get what I need. Now that mewtwo's planned that just leaves the blissey, blastoise, and wheezing. If I can get the trades I need I can get that wheezing done (will-o-wisp is apparantly unavailable in fire red for wheezing) and blissey... well I got to get that blasted chansey first -.-

Right now the only thing I can do is blastoise. I'm not sure what to do with his stats. Most of his attacks will be special so I'll probably lean a little harder into his special atk than his atk (seriously I don't care if his rapid spin does less damage and earthquake will be covered by tyrannitar anyways so it's less vital). His speed will likely need work as well so he can sweep well enough. It should be a pretty surprising move (not that using blastoise isn't surprising in it's own.)

vampiremessiah51
18th June 2010, 7:12 PM
Currently working on leveling mewtwo and tyrannitar, they're gonna be finished products. Skarmory I'll probably have to breed for better IV's

The 12th Pokemon Master
21st June 2010, 1:44 PM
I haven't played Firered in so long. All of My team that i remember is my starter Charmander who is now my level 100 Charizard, my level 64 Gengar, my level 70 Golduck, a Pidgeot and a Machamp. Though I probably had a Raichu as my last pokemon.

MicahXD
7th August 2010, 4:37 AM
I haz a Venusaur, a raichu, a ninetale, Vaporeon, Hypno and a Kangaskhan. ^^

Sweep Freak
16th August 2010, 10:56 PM
I've Used Blastoise, Pidgeot, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Gyarados, Zapdos and Cloyster. :D I kicked gary's A*S! XD

vampiremessiah51
19th August 2010, 3:41 AM
Hmm I honestly can't stand pidgeot much, he is my favorite normal/flying, but he's so weak and he doesn't learn too terribly many moves.

I'm retraining a new Skarmory currently. Hopefully this one will have better IV's as the last one's were awful in all the wrong places.