PDA

View Full Version : CafeMochashipping (Ash x Dento) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Teshub
14th July 2010, 4:25 AM
*** CafeMochashipping ***
(alternative title: SatoDen)

Owner: Teshub

Welcome, AshxBWboy Shippers! First let me start with a little introduction. We all know that a new anime boy character has emerged and could be part of Ash's next travel group. Compared to other guys previously, he appears to be more feminine (hence femshipping) and is likely to be a coordinator, similar to Harley.

It will be really good if the new BW (Best Wishes) boy becomes a constantly featured yaoi shipping for Ash. This is a really good opportunity to try something new and maybe for Ash to explore or experiment things about himself.

Rules

Follow all of the Serebii Forum rules and if you can't say anything nice, then don't say it.
Only discuss the topic at hand, don't bring in other shippings or be antagonistic to this one.
Have substance in your posts, no gimmicks, spam, one-liners, or memes.
Please cite your sources if you post any fan art or fics.

Members:

Owner. Teshub
1. catzeye
2. Starsurfer
3. BlueDragonfangirl
4. The 4th KIRA
5. CafeMocha_Negaishipper
6. pokefan#493

Art

http://i35.*******.com/2ufy87l.jpg

http://i31.*******.com/28i3ymc.jpg
by Teshub

New topic guys, what could be some names for this shipping. How do you think their relationship will be like, best buds, semi-rivals, amorous tension?

BlueDragonfangirl
14th July 2010, 12:09 PM
I'm up for this ideaXD
Than again, I ship a lot of Ash ships of any kind LOL.
I hope this guy is either a new travel partner for Ash.
Or his new rival..I'm not good with naming shippings, picking them yah LOL.
What kind of relationship, I'd love a fighting type if they did that for guys this time.

Vycksta
14th July 2010, 7:26 PM
Elaborate on what you mean by legitimate. That's given me the impression that you believe this ship to be better, to be THE authority on Ash x guy ships and I do not and will not have flame wars on this.

Teshub
14th July 2010, 8:53 PM
Elaborate on what you mean by legitimate. That's given me the impression that you believe this ship to be better, to be THE authority on Ash x guy ships and I do not and will not have flame wars on this.

I had to rewrite it to be more specific, I meant to say that Ash can finally have a young, non-trainer guy who will have constant interaction with him, like every episode. So we wont have to wait for the character to appear again because he will always be there with Ash. Don't meant to offend any other characters or shippings.

Vycksta
15th July 2010, 3:23 AM
Now that makes a lot more sense and doesn't give the "flamebait" impression. Alright soldier, carry on. xD

Ren the Ryoko
15th July 2010, 6:35 AM
Yay! New Ash ships! Gary has more competition.

BlueDragonfangirl
16th July 2010, 2:53 AM
Yay! New Ash ships! Gary has more competition.

LOL Why'd yah have to bring Gary up? Go talk about him in another topic:P
I hope these two get a solid good episode alone with each other yah know?
If he is another travel partner with Ash I mean.

Teshub
18th July 2010, 4:07 AM
It would be interesting if the new BW anime boy was a brother of Iris. He would probably be more demure and shy than her. And it is up to Ash to make him open up more to people and pokemon. They might even give some hints of either of the two becoming jealous over Ash's attention.
But it is kind of odd that he does not have a hat like Ash, I would really expect Ash's partner to wear a hat like him.

Kdude146
20th July 2010, 8:09 PM
how do u know he looks feminine can I plz see a link to where you got all of this info about him

BlueDragonfangirl
20th July 2010, 9:04 PM
Well they have a shady image of him in the sneak peak Sunday and he was standing kind of Harley likeXD

Teshub
30th July 2010, 6:10 PM
With the reveal of the new boy, do you think he will make a good match with Ash?

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/Maganon/newboy.jpg

It was obvious he was going to be more on the demure and effeminate side. He looks friendly and not cocky. He might be a little smug, but will probably be the submissive partner when he interacts with the group.

BlueDragonfangirl
30th July 2010, 10:06 PM
I guess, will wait and see for some interactions between the two.
If he's a bit girlish and is all touchy and feeling with Ash that might be funny :P

SatoshiKazumi
6th August 2010, 6:06 AM
I really need to catch up with this new shipping. If he's in the gang then this'll get interesting. The more the merrier. I'k going to watch this thread more.

Starsurfer
7th August 2010, 3:06 AM
I'd definitely support this. I like the way Dento looks and I'll be over the moon if he ends up being a coordinator. (A male main character whose goal is to be a master of contests is WAY overdue.) Plus I think they'd make a cute couple. (Despite Dento not having white parts of his eyes.)

BlueDragonfangirl
7th August 2010, 8:49 PM
Na Dento seems to be confirmed to be the first gym leader of the next region, least that's what I heard the Best Wishes topic. Still should be an intresting relationship.

Caseydia
8th August 2010, 3:14 AM
So what if he is a gymleader? They can still make a ship for them. Brock was one for years, that doesn't mean he still wasn't a gymleader.

Teshub
8th August 2010, 7:14 PM
Since he is a gym leader he will not be traveling with Ash at the same time they meet Iris. He will probably appear in epsiode 5.
His first meeting with Ash he will probably act like Ash is just a noob for not knowing how things are done in Isshu. Eventually he might get to admire Ash's skills and maybe even get some cleverly disguised crush on him.
His voice is not so feminine, but he looks a little light on the loafers. Anyway, new topic.

What do you think should be the official name of the shipping?

I like the name femshipping but it might not be a good fit for them. It depends on his personality as well. So I think something like serveshipping is an option (from Dento being like a servant).

BlueDragonfangirl
8th August 2010, 8:41 PM
Since he is a gym leader he will not be traveling with Ash at the same time they meet Iris. He will probably appear in epsiode 5.
His first meeting with Ash he will probably act like Ash is just a noob for not knowing how things are done in Isshu. Eventually he might get to admire Ash's skills and maybe even get some cleverly disguised crush on him.
His voice is not so feminine, but he looks a little light on the loafers. Anyway, new topic.

I like the name femshipping but it might not be a good fit for them. It depends on his personality as well. So I think something like serveshipping is an option (from Dento being like a servant).

It'd be funny if Ash ran into Dento first and traveld alone with him for a while, but we all know how it works. Ash always runs into the girl first, like you said probaly be with her a bit than they both run into Dento. I can see him yah respecting Ash in the end, too bad his voice won't girly but if he dresses girlish and acts all touchy with Ash, that'd be greatXD I've been trying to come up with names for this for a while now. Hmm How about I can't think of any thing at the momentXD I'm trying to think of some thing that will match these two. Gymshipping is already in use so we can't use that one hmm.

Starsurfer
9th August 2010, 2:50 AM
Na Dento seems to be confirmed to be the first gym leader of the next region, least that's what I heard the Best Wishes topic. Still should be an intresting relationship.

Aww shoot... I got my hopes up for a sec... :( What kinda gym leader wears that kinda outfit though? He looks closer to waiter than anything else...

Either way though, I think its been confirmed that he does travel with Ash and Iris so I'll still have something to cheer for. ;) I hope they do throw a couple of well hidden hints at a romance between the two. It'll be fun trying to pick them out.

BlueDragonfangirl
9th August 2010, 8:09 AM
Well, Dento could have another goal besides being a gym leader. Take Brock for example, he was a gym leader but his main goal was to be a breeder. This guy could want to be in those music contests, it looks about right for him. He could ask Ash for tips and stuff. I'm hopping for little hints too, like him stairing at Ash a bit or touching hands out of excitment. Guess will wait and see, but yah he looks to be travling with Ash. For the first time I'm shipping a guy who travels with him, which is great.

Toran Frostbite
11th August 2010, 4:00 PM
Someone's suggested CafeMochashipping as a name.

Lorde
11th August 2010, 7:52 PM
Well I'm all for this shipping pair lol. Anything to do with Ash has to be good. I've never given Dento much thought but he does seem a bit interesting now that we know he's some sort of Gym leader in the games. And Ash does kind of like Gym leaders as seen in the past. Count me it :p

ServeShipping sounds ok with me, but that other, new name suggestion, CafeMochashipping, sounds awfully yummy and delicious in my opinion and I think it goes hand-in-hand with what Dento seems to do as a sommelier. So if I had to vote, I'd prefer CafeMochaShipping.

BlueDragonfangirl
13th August 2010, 12:57 AM
Its even more fun when he's a waiter tooXD I hope he kind of acts Harleyish yah know? I think I've said that before, it'd be a fun relationship.

Teshub
13th August 2010, 1:15 AM
Looking at some of the official anime art for Dento, I think it's obvious what kind of character he is going to be like. As Tony Soprano would say, He's a ....

http://i36.*******.com/2jese35.jpg

This one reminded me of a pose made by open-minded Korean artist Heechul, who happens to like kissing boys.

http://i36.*******.com/a0dlvm.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKxofslEO8

I wonder how Ash would react. Maybe its easier for him to get closer to guys than to girls. I also have other ideas for the name of the shipping:

communityshipping
prideshipping
bentcuffshipping

Toran Frostbite
13th August 2010, 3:32 AM
prideshipping

Prideshipping is taken.

Kuroi-kun
20th August 2010, 1:57 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeee!! I love Dento and Ash! And I'm a boy....it's not often I like anime boys but I have gone for a few like Ash lol And now I'm a dento fanboy he has my green color he's my face now! I hope he is gayish like Harley! I support Cafemochashipping!

BlueDragonfangirl
20th August 2010, 6:22 PM
I do kind of like the name Cafeochashipping, it kind of matches the ship ^^
It'd be cool if he was like Harley, bit different of course but his gayish ways like you said.

Vycksta
20th August 2010, 7:58 PM
So are you guise settled on CafeMochashipping for the name? As far as I am aware none of the other major Pokemon forums/websites have given any suggestions so with that I'm led to believe that this name will be it.

Kuroi-kun
21st August 2010, 4:12 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeee W00t Cafemochashipping!!!!!!!!!!

BlueDragonfangirl
21st August 2010, 10:55 PM
So are you guise settled on CafeMochashipping for the name? As far as I am aware none of the other major Pokemon forums/websites have given any suggestions so with that I'm led to believe that this name will be it.

I can't say for every one but I like it ^^

Vycksta
22nd August 2010, 4:28 AM
Alright, I have submitted the name and will go and change the title. HOWEVER PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND; I am still unaware of any other suggestions flying around. If there ARE then the title will be changed back.

Call it a step closer, if you will.

BlueDragonfangirl
26th August 2010, 3:10 PM
Trying to talk about the preview one moment, seems to me Dento is a fan of AshXD
He's all trying to get his siggy and freaking Ash out LOL.

catzeye
29th August 2010, 3:44 AM
*pops in* May I join this thread? I've actually grown to like this pairing a bit. I want to give it a shot.

BlueDragonfangirl
6th September 2010, 9:42 PM
Hey a new shipper, probaly been a while since you've posted I noticedXD
Welcome, man Best Wishing is almost here *YES!* I can't wait for the first episode of DentoxAsh.

CafeMocha_Negaishipper
10th September 2010, 4:05 AM
can i join too? i support Dento with Ash as soon as i saw him ^_^ i love comashipping but since Paul probably won't be back,though i hope he does cause then he can fight for ash X3 Dento is the next best choice. he just looks like the perfect match for ash

CafeMochashipping sounds like a really cool name

Teshub
10th September 2010, 4:09 AM
let's have an unofficial vote on the name for this shipping.

a. cafemochashipping
b. femshipping
c. bestmanshipping
d. boyloveshipping
e. other [name it]

I vote for femshipping

BlueDragonfangirl
10th September 2010, 7:18 AM
can i join too? i support Dento with Ash as soon as i saw him ^_^ i love comashipping but since Paul probably won't be back,though i hope he does cause then he can fight for ash X3 Dento is the next best choice. he just looks like the perfect match for ash

CafeMochashipping sounds like a really cool name

Hey, you and I ship some of the same ships, coolXD
Dento does look to be the next best choice doesn't he? I'm hopping for some good moments between the two. Seems to me, like Dento would be the one putting some moves on Ash LOL.
Name choice? I'm used to Cafemochashipping now LOL. Its long I know but I'm used to it.

catzeye
10th September 2010, 1:05 PM
I think most people like Cafemochashipping. It seems right to me.

Lol I'm a huge Comashipper myself. I still think Paul is number 1 but Dento could give him a run for his money. I would love a battle between those two.

I wonder what episode Dento will appear in. Maybe episode 5 or something like that.

CafeMocha_Negaishipper
11th September 2010, 1:20 AM
i hope dento comes out soon. i want to see what his personality is cause u can't really tell that much from the trailer. I hope he's like brave type but when facing a enemy he gets scared.that way ash can save him X3

i love mochas too so to me the name was like funny and cute

BlueDragonfangirl
11th September 2010, 2:23 AM
I think most people like Cafemochashipping. It seems right to me.

Lol I'm a huge Comashipper myself. I still think Paul is number 1 but Dento could give him a run for his money. I would love a battle between those two.

I wonder what episode Dento will appear in. Maybe episode 5 or something like that.

I think if Paul treated Ash like crap for old times sake and Dento saw that and got angry, he'd challange Paul to a battle. That'd be an intresting battle to see CafeMochashipping V.S ComashippingXD
Dento yah, I can see him trying to hit on Ash and stuff LOL There scenes should be a hoot.

I think will see Dento in episode five like what happened with Brock. From the previews/trailers I can just I'm gonna love the guy LOL.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
13th September 2010, 1:09 AM
I find it funny that ships have already started before the anime or any evidence.

No matter what, he's part of the main cast and like always that creates a three way trio.

Ash=Dento
Dento=Iris
Iris=Ash

Pick your favorite, that's always how it works.

BlueDragonfangirl
13th September 2010, 7:25 PM
What? This guy looks good with Ash, nothing wrong with pairing them off earlyXD I'm sure they'll be hints in the future. Can't wait for the show to begin for this.

Yuppirox
24th September 2010, 10:10 AM
LOL I wanna join this discussion. I don't know why, but the idea of SatoDent (or DentSato?) seems very...amusing. To me, at least.

I hope we get to see many interesting interactions out of the two! XD

CafeMocha_Negaishipper
25th September 2010, 10:44 PM
i hope dento comes out soon. i want to see the interaction with ash cause in the trailer he seems really excited about ash for some reason

BlueDragonfangirl
12th October 2010, 2:15 AM
Episode Five will be airing in a couple of days, I'm excited for it we've already seen a couple of scenes from the previews. Dento already knows the way to Ash's heart, Pikachu and foodXD

Teshub
13th October 2010, 11:40 PM
Im hoping the writers give some meaningful hints, even if they are one-sided that they see each other more than friend.s

BlueDragonfangirl
14th October 2010, 1:35 AM
That's what I'm hopping for too, some thing tells me Dento will be the one throwing hints from left to right. I'm hopping tommarows episode, Dento holds Ash's hands pr maybe saves Ash some how??

Teshub
14th October 2010, 5:53 PM
That's what I'm hopping for too, some thing tells me Dento will be the one throwing hints from left to right. I'm hopping tommarows episode, Dento holds Ash's hands pr maybe saves Ash some how??

Wow, there were actually some hints. I am going to list them.

- the way Dento fangirled over Pikachu (who is representative of Ash)

- the winks during the episodes (flirting much?)

- when Dento grabbed Ash's shoulder to set him in the table

- seems he really treated Ash in a friendly manner even though its a competitive gym battle.

BlueDragonfangirl
14th October 2010, 7:10 PM
I saw the winks, on top of all things Dento pulled out the chair for Ash, which you'd normally do for a girlXD Next weeks episode, doesn't look like Iris joins up with Ash yet, if you saw the preview you see Ash and Dento alone, so maybe they travel alone a couple of episodes, fine by me LOL.

Teshub
14th October 2010, 7:21 PM
in the preview i still saw iris. and all 3 were together in the volcano looking thing when they faced team rocket. wonder how Dento gets to join. He is attracted to Ash and wants to leave the gym for him?

BlueDragonfangirl
14th October 2010, 7:40 PM
I think Dento joins after the gym battle, it'd be great if it was cuz he wants to learn more from Ash. It does seem like he's attracked to Ash for sure, with those little signs he's showing, though he best do some thing fast cuz I swear that red head brother of his likes him to with that wink he gave himXD I'm thinking tons of winks from Dento, I do want Dento to feed Ash a bit, that'd be awesome if that happened.

Teshub
15th October 2010, 12:46 AM
I have updated a members list on the first post. I put the names of people based on their comments, if you want to be included or taken out contact me.
One more week and this shipping will be full blown.

BlueDragonfangirl
21st October 2010, 6:46 PM
Wow, todays episode just had a lot of Yaoi vibes between Ash and Dento, what with that rest raunt scene, Dento was fan boying all over Ash. There was this one scene where Ash felt Dento was a little too closeXD Than there was also this scene with Dento and his brothers, it almost seemed like they were approving of Ash LOL.

Bleedingcarnation
31st October 2010, 12:57 AM
I thought that all those winks were just my imagination =) Yes, I algo thought that his brothers were approving of Ash...

I want to see Ash and Dento together!!! but I know that´s impossible in the anime :(

Oh how I love this couple, I loved it since I saw Dento for the first time~

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the bad english, I´m spanish. Please be patient with me and my english.

BlueDragonfangirl
31st October 2010, 1:33 AM
I thought that all those winks were just my imagination =) Yes, I algo thought that his brothers were approving of Ash...

I want to see Ash and Dento together!!! but I know thatīs impossible in the anime :(

Oh how I love this couple, I loved it since I saw Dento for the first time~

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the bad english, Iīm spanish. Please be patient with me and my english.

Well, at least we have Yaoi hints than most Yaoi ships have had in the series. Episode 7 Dento still seems in ooh and awe over AshXD

Yuppirox
16th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Well, at least we have Yaoi hints than most Yaoi ships have had in the series. Episode 7 Dento still seems in ooh and awe over AshXD

Wow, I know, right? I find it cute that, while Iris points out the negatives of Ash as a person, Dent manages to point out the positives, such as his willpower to never give up or his quick thinking when he's in a pinch; Iris points out Ash's mistakes and flaws in battle, Dent points out the brilliant combinations or smart choices. Etc., etc. He really does admire Ash a whole lot, hehe~

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got major yaoi vibes from Dent's fanboy reaction when they first met. Looks like Ash was nervously aware of how close Dent's face was to his... XD

BlueDragonfangirl
16th November 2010, 8:45 PM
Wow, I know, right? I find it cute that, while Iris points out the negatives of Ash as a person, Dent manages to point out the positives, such as his willpower to never give up or his quick thinking when he's in a pinch; Iris points out Ash's mistakes and flaws in battle, Dent points out the brilliant combinations or smart choices. Etc., etc. He really does admire Ash a whole lot, hehe~

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got major yaoi vibes from Dent's fanboy reaction when they first met. Looks like Ash was nervously aware of how close Dent's face was to his... XD

Oh man I know, wonder if Ash was starting to see that Dento likes him that way? Well any ways in the newer episodes Ash is starting to comfortable with Dento around him. I mean in the latest episode Dento is a little too close to him sitting on the tree and Ash doesn't seem to care LOL. Any who I'm pretty sure your not the only one seeing all these Yaoi vibes from Dento's fanboy reaction, heck even the none Yaoi people noticed it LOL. Yah, it is great that Dento just admires Ash so much.

Yuppirox
17th November 2010, 12:17 AM
Oh man I know, wonder if Ash was starting to see that Dento likes him that way?

That would be funny, actually. Ash starts noticing Dent's "flirting"...and proceeds to be his ol' clueless self and treats it as Dent's way of being friendly. XD The fact that this involves another guy should confuse him further, no doubt; but I'm sure Dent would be patient enough for Ash to understand the true meaning of his advances. my gosh, i swear my mind is on yaoi fangirl mode today

Well any ways in the newer episodes Ash is starting to comfortable with Dento around him. I mean in the latest episode Dento is a little too close to him sitting on the tree and Ash doesn't seem to care LOL.
..That reminds me of that one song: "Ash and Dent, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" .....I'll be quiet now. :X

BlueDragonfangirl
17th November 2010, 8:11 AM
That would be funny, actually. Ash starts noticing Dent's "flirting"...and proceeds to be his ol' clueless self and treats it as Dent's way of being friendly. XD The fact that this involves another guy should confuse him further, no doubt; but I'm sure Dent would be patient enough for Ash to understand the true meaning of his advances. my gosh, i swear my mind is on yaoi fangirl mode today

..That reminds me of that one song: "Ash and Dent, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" .....I'll be quiet now. :X

Oh LOL Well Dento's pretty much been flirting with him pretty much to this date, like I mentioned episode six and last episode. Ash still seems clueless but I'd love it if some one like Iris or another guy tolled him what Dento wantedXD Ash's face I bet would be priceless LOL. I like that, fits the tree LOL Funny.

Lorde
18th November 2010, 9:30 PM
Oh man I know, wonder if Ash was starting to see that Dento likes him that way?

I'm pretty sure Ash would be just as oblivious as he always is haha. To be honest, I haven't noticed Dento all that much in recent episodes, so maybe I'm missing all the advances he's been making towards Ash. I know he's always close to Ash in dramatic scenes, but so is Iris and that sort of throws everything off. I wouldn't be surprised if Dento secretly best wishes Iris would just leave the group so that he could get close to Ash all he wanted lol. Well, Dento is still pretty faaaabulous, so he'd find a way to get what he wanted while still having Iris around. I'd love to see Ash's reaction to being told Dento likes him in "that" way though ;)

BlueDragonfangirl
8th December 2010, 1:11 AM
I'm pretty sure Ash would be just as oblivious as he always is haha. To be honest, I haven't noticed Dento all that much in recent episodes, so maybe I'm missing all the advances he's been making towards Ash. I know he's always close to Ash in dramatic scenes, but so is Iris and that sort of throws everything off. I wouldn't be surprised if Dento secretly best wishes Iris would just leave the group so that he could get close to Ash all he wanted lol. Well, Dento is still pretty faaaabulous, so he'd find a way to get what he wanted while still having Iris around. I'd love to see Ash's reaction to being told Dento likes him in "that" way though ;)

I have no idea how Ash would react to that kind of thingXD
Ask for scenes, well even though Iris is always there like you said he's always so close to Ash. Like that tree scene, when they were all sitting on that tree branch together, Dento was sitting awfully close to him.

ash_ley
3rd February 2011, 1:02 AM
this is 1 of my fave shipping with ash

Skiyomi
3rd February 2011, 1:33 AM
This topic was bumped after being inactive for over 30 days, so it gets closed.