PDA

View Full Version : Altoshippping General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Chris-The-Scout
9th December 2004, 7:01 AM
Let's talk about Altoshipping: The ship between Ash and Latias.

Do you support it?

If so feel free to talk about it and show Altoshipping pictures.

Murgatroyd
9th December 2004, 9:42 AM
I think I'll start things off with the classic picture. The one that says it all.
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/ashgetskissed.jpg

I was one of the earliest English-speaking AltoShippers, and I'm glad to see one of these threads again.

Chris-The-Scout
9th December 2004, 1:34 PM
Thanks, for some reason I can never find altoshipping fanart, fanfics, or even hear it being mentioned.

Peach
9th December 2004, 3:03 PM
One of my favorite Altoshipping pics:
http://asuna.coolcat.cc/eban/latias.jpg

Alfonso
9th December 2004, 6:19 PM
One of my favorite Altoshipping pics:
http://asuna.coolcat.cc/eban/latias.jpg

Are you sure that *is* an Altoshippy picture though? The guy in the background looks like Gary to me. I can't be certain though, because you can't really see his hair properly. (Although, the outift he's wearing looks suspiciously like Gary's, from what you can make out.)

...Although, who would draw a Latias x Gary pic? :p

As for my own thoughts on the ship, I'm not really bothered either way. I certainly like it a hell of a lot more than Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping, though, that's for sure. ^_^ If Ash *had* to end up with anybody female, then I'd go with this. (Note: A girl. I believe that Ash is gay.)

Edit: Actually, yes, it is Ash. The weird little 'z' shapes are under his eyes.

Crystal Latios
9th December 2004, 6:51 PM
..Although, who would draw a Latias x Gary pic? :p

Someone with a good imagination :p
I can draw a Misty x Harley pic, if you want ;)

Anyway, I was Altoshipper long time ago. I belived, Latias ia a perfect girlfriend for Ash. I think, she is a nice girl (err... pokemon) and Ash should meet someone like she.

Shigeru-kun
9th December 2004, 7:02 PM
*squeels* I luff Altoshipping. ^^ I also made a banner for it months ago...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Altoshipping.png

Unfortunately though, you can't use it anymore since the banner limit. T.T; Makes me a little mad since I loved how it turned out ^^;

Ah well though. I still love Altoshipping ^^ I believe it's one of the only ships that actually shows some hints from both sides. Sure Satoshi was just playing, but he did seem awfully protective of Latias. I also liked where he ran off after her and left Kasumi and Takeshi XD As for Latias...well, we already know there are hints from her.

Crystal Latios
9th December 2004, 7:06 PM
*cries* I have had your banner!

I also liked where he ran off after her and left Kasumi and Takeshi
It was cool. Ash was so...ummm.... Latias was very interesting for him ;)

Murgatroyd
9th December 2004, 8:07 PM
I also liked where he ran off after her and left Kasumi and Takeshi XD
I like to refer to that one as "the scene where Ash ditches his friends to chase a girl".

And for my next pic, a page from the official movie comic...
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/transformation.jpg

wayc
10th December 2004, 8:23 AM
Yay! A new Altoshipping thread. I haven't ranted about Latias and Ash for almost 8 months now.

Awww! I remember that pic! It even has a little heart of love! That is soooooo cute! ^^ It's easy to understand why she would love or at least have a big crush on him, after she saw his potential and saved him from crashing into the wall and then tried to help him win the race... and then he saved her from Annie & Oakley. They did a lot for each other throughout that movie.

That's why I personally believe that the kiss really isn't the shippy part of the movie... it was everything else that led up to the kiss... the kiss was just the summation, not what the whole ship should be based on.

Anyway, yes... I don't know of any Altoshipping fanart... there is a cute one on the Special Features screen of the Japanese DVD that I think Murgatroyd or someone else showed us a picture of once. . .

I know of two Altoshipping fanfics though. One's a songfic on ff.net and another is a little three or four part series on Pokemon Tower. I still have yet to read them though. I better, before they disappear.

Anyway, long live Latias & Ash! ^^

Sincerely,
The most rabid Altoshipper... seriously.
wayc

Murgatroyd
10th December 2004, 10:22 AM
Anyway, yes... I don't know of any Altoshipping fanart... there is a cute one on the Special Features screen of the Japanese DVD that I think Murgatroyd or someone else showed us a picture of once. . .
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/altomenu.jpg

I know of two Altoshipping fanfics though. One's a songfic on ff.net and another is a little three or four part series on Pokemon Tower. I still have yet to read them though. I better, before they disappear.
I haven't seen those yet, but I have encountered a few in Japanese.

wayc
10th December 2004, 11:24 AM
Can the fics you've found be translated?! O_o;; Want to trade links? XD

I just saved your DVD picture. I forgot to the first time. It's really a shame they didn't put it somewhere on the U.S. DVD, being one of the few DVDs I own... the picture really is too adorable for words. I wish I could draw them that well in a pose like that. =(

In the comic, is Latias saying something in the panel after she reveals her true form? Do you know what it says? I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything in the movie. :-P It's probably like "SQUEAL" or "CHIRP" or something, but just thought I'd ask.

Chris-The-Scout
11th December 2004, 9:27 AM
Thanks,
This is helping,
I'll post some pics if I find any.

Chris-The-Scout
14th December 2004, 1:43 AM
I'm Back,
Just wanted to say that I might be starting a Altoshipping fanfic soon.

p.s. sorry if this counted as a double post.

gonbemaster
14th December 2004, 2:15 AM
Yay! I like Altoshipping. I can't wait till you fanfic MooshyKris. You could edit instead of double posting.

azngirlLH
14th December 2004, 3:10 AM
I totally love altoshipping. I believe it was one of the few pokemon/human shippings I support besides Chikorita and Ash. ^=^

Not even Misty gave Ash a kiss yet, Latias beated her lol.

Chris-The-Scout
14th December 2004, 3:24 AM
Yeah, I'm making two fics: a Altoshipping which you'll see later and another fic which it's first chapter might be posted tonight.

magicangirl2
14th December 2004, 4:05 AM
Ah, I was wondering what Latias X Ash is called. Now I know. ^-^

I love Altoshipping. Latias and Ash seem to really be fit for each other, though I must admit, I'm a bit of an Advanceshipper, too. >_<

One of the parts I noticed was when Aeredactoyl(SP?) attacked and Ash and Pikachu fell in the water, Latias saved them, and she looked very concerned about Ash's safety. ^-^

wayc
14th December 2004, 5:43 AM
Yeah! That river scene was so cute, before Aerodactyl attacked them. She was gently pushing him along in the water. That was soooooooooo kawaii! At least I think that's what was happening... I haven't seen the movie since January, but I know something like that was there. ^^

Yay! A new Altoshipping fic?! Yes!!!! Be sure to let us know in here when you post it somewhere MooshyKris, because I can't navigate myself through this forum worth anything!

Chris-The-Scout
14th December 2004, 8:23 AM
I'll Be posting my Altoshipping fic soon right now I just posted my first fic.

Murgatroyd
14th December 2004, 8:53 AM
Can the fics you've found be translated?! O_o;; Want to trade links? XD
It would probably be possible to translate some of them, but neither easy nor quick. For anyone who reads Japanese, there are several on this page (http://www6.plala.or.jp/ppk/novel.html). (note that it's a Latias site, and not all are Altoshippy)

In the comic, is Latias saying something in the panel after she reveals her true form? Do you know what it says? I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything in the movie. :-P It's probably like "SQUEAL" or "CHIRP" or something, but just thought I'd ask.
Just a sound effect.

Chris-The-Scout
15th December 2004, 3:20 AM
My fic will might be done by the end of tonight or tomarrow afternoon.

Caseydia
15th December 2004, 7:27 PM
Finally, a ship that I think is cute. I would have liked it better if Latias was really a girl instead of a pokemon.

Chris-The-Scout
15th December 2004, 7:42 PM
Change of plans. My fic might be delayed for a few days.

AscendingLatios
16th December 2004, 4:05 AM
Yeee!!! Altoshipping!! ;380; My favorite topic that I've been waiting to discuss since I joined the forums!

Want a pic, see the usual one in my sig! :)

Yes, the scene of Latias cradling Ash is really cute, though when I first saw that I was still thinking their relationship in terms of how Chikorita treated Ash and was like, "Heh, she's got him right where she wants him now!" ;) (And surprises of surprises Ash didn't mind being in this situation.) But without any goofy advances like Chikorita does it became clear this was a serious romance, and not a joke.

Now here's a Pokemon who only needs her sweetheart to make her happy. After she rescues the both of them from the living water spout she hits the pavement pretty hard and looks hurt. But once she looks into Ash's face its like everything is OK again and she's all smiles. It's so sweet!

I just wonder if Ash is her first romance (human or Pokemon) or if she has had lots of boyfriends over the hundreds of years she's been around? It sure would become very lonely for her if she didn't. OTOH, it's more romantic to think that this is her first love after all that time.

wayc
16th December 2004, 4:16 AM
That's a very good thought, AscendingLatios. I think he may very well be her first love. She's obviously very young for a Latias, even if she has been around for a while. It seemed like Latias was barely at the age to be old enough to make her own decisions and decide who she wants to be with to make her happy... and rebelled against her brother's over-protectiveness. It was so cute after Latios had accepted Ash and saw how well he and Latias got along with each other.

I think this ship is so awesome. It's very unique and beautiful... after they've done so much for each other. She saved him from smacking into the wall with her neck, and then he saved her from Annie & Oakley, then she had him follow her and play, then came to him when she was scared and he comforted her... and so much more. I just can't see why it wouldn't make the perfect relationship.

It's nice to meet someone who seems to feel the same way about this subect as I do, AscendingLatios. ^^

Chris-The-Scout
17th December 2004, 5:03 AM
Question: Do you wan't the fic to be one shot, ore in chapters?

AscendingLatios
17th December 2004, 5:48 AM
That's a very good thought, AscendingLatios. I think he may very well be her first love. She's obviously very young for a Latias, even if she has been around for a while. It seemed like Latias was barely at the age to be old enough to make her own decisions and decide who she wants to be with to make her happy...

Maybe... In terms of actual years she's probably very old - remember the US dub changed the origin of Latios and Latias to within Lorenzo's lifetime. However, in the original legend they were around long before Lorenzo was born, and judging by the age of those stone carvings it could be hundreds of years. Of course, since they are Eon Pokemon even hundreds of years may still be very young for them, though I wonder how much fun it can be hanging around your own private garden all that time unable to interact with the local populace except when you're either in disguise or invisible?

That's why I'm torn between whether it's better to have had both of them had romances in the past which is more realistic (and not so pathetic) or whether (in Latias' case anyway) it's better being her first time which has a lot of dramatic impact on the meaningfulness of their relationship.

and rebelled against her brother's over-protectiveness. It was so cute after Latios had accepted Ash and saw how well he and Latias got along with each other.

Which reminds me: Has anyone noticed how Latios is glaring at them in that DVD menu pic? It's almost like he's thinking, "Hey kid, what are you doing with my sister!" :)

I think this ship is so awesome. It's very unique and beautiful...

To give a more detailed explanation why I like this ship, it's because:

1) Latias really is the perfect girl for Ash and they really seem to hit it off every time they are together. There's no closer relationship a trainer could have with a Pokemon they use in battle than if that Pokemon also happens to be your significant other. I mean, you have to really have faith in one another to go and put your girlfriend or boyfriend out in a arena where they could get seriously hurt or lose and have respect issue afterwards. It's the ultimate in trust; she has to communicate to Ash, "Look, I trust you to battle me properly and I expect you to not wimp out and go easy with me otherwise I won't achieve my full potential!" With every win their love would grow and grow.

2) It's a ship with a lot of possibilities for sacrifice in future storylines:

- Latias leaves Altomare to be with Ash, ending a legend.
- Ash gives up his dream of becoming a Pokemon master to be with her.
- Ash brings down the wrath of society on himself because he gets outed as someone dating a Pokemon.
- Latias gives up her ability to be a Pokemon and takes on a permanent human form to be with Ash.
- Even if they live happily ever after, Latias is still going to have to say goodbye to Ash eventually since she lives so long.

(However, aside from the death issue I'm usually against Latias being the one to make permanent personal sacrifices since she's been through so much pain already. I just have the ultimate sympathy for her.)

So it's because there is so much contrast between the happy times and sad times Ash and Latias would have together that make it the ultimate ship, story-wise.

OTOH, I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Ash: I love how perfect they are for each other but I hate that he's such an insensitive clod when it comes to romance. I think he left Altomare way too soon after the action died down. :@ It's a good thing Latias was so understanding of Ash's dreams.

It's nice to meet someone who seems to feel the same way about this subect as I do, AscendingLatios. ^^

Gee, thanks! Still waters run deep. :) I'm usually not one to just bring it up out of the blue since I hate to come off as an evangelizer but if someone asks me about Altoshipping I'm more than happy to gush over it! :D

Murgatroyd
17th December 2004, 6:12 AM
Maybe... In terms of actual years she's probably very old - remember the US dub changed the origin of Latios and Latias to within Lorenzo's lifetime. However, in the original legend they were around long before Lorenzo was born, and judging by the age of those stone carvings it could be hundreds of years.
True, but... the original also established that there were many Latios and Latias that came and went from the city over the years, rather than one pair in permanent residence. I see no reason to think that these particular ones are that old.

wayc
17th December 2004, 6:50 AM
Wow, Ascending... I totally agree with your reasons why you like the ship. They're practically the same as mine, but you took the time to get them out. I used to, but I got sick of writing huge posts about why I liked Altoshipping when nobody seemed to care. :P

But yes, that trust idea where their love grows through battling, is awesome! I also noticed in that picture about Latios looking askance at Ash when he's around his sister. Typical big brother I guess. :P I think Latios trusted Ash for the most part. I think it sucks that Latias had to lose her brother AND her love within about a day of each other... you'd think Ash would at least stay to comfort her a bit longer. :(

I really wish it could have worked out. *sighs* Oh well, at least there's fanfiction! ^^

Speaking of fanfiction, I vote for it all being in one part, MooshyKris. :)

Chris-The-Scout
18th December 2004, 6:51 PM
It would probably be possible to translate some of them, but neither easy nor quick. For anyone who reads Japanese, there are several on this page (http://www6.plala.or.jp/ppk/novel.html). (note that it's a Latias site, and not all are Altoshippy)

Just a sound effect.

To translate them I used Alta Vista Babelfish Online Translater, it worked, but some of the words were replaced with boxes that look like this [] instead of English words. What does that mean?

Murgatroyd
18th December 2004, 8:41 PM
That probably means that (1)Babblefish wasn't able to translate the word, and (2) your system isn't able to display the original Japanese.

gonbemaster
18th December 2004, 8:46 PM
I think that Latias is better being a girl. My friend told me this weird thing about how the artist in the 5th movie kissed Ash instead of Latias.

Chris-The-Scout
18th December 2004, 11:07 PM
That probably means that (1)Babblefish wasn't able to translate the word, and (2) your system isn't able to display the original Japanese.

It could be either one, because every time I went onto a Japaniese (Spelling) site, The computer asked me if I wanted to isntall language packs. I said yes. But after instilation, the sites were nothing but those boxes.

wayc
19th December 2004, 2:22 AM
I think that Latias is better being a girl. My friend told me this weird thing about how the artist in the 5th movie kissed Ash instead of Latias.
Bianca/Kanon? Nah, you can pretty much rule her out. She had no emotional feelings toward Ash whatsoever.

I like Latias better in her true form, myself. She's just stealing Bianca's form when she's human, and she doesn't need to hide behind a facade when she's with her Ashy. ^^;

AscendingLatios
19th December 2004, 7:00 AM
True, but... the original also established that there were many Latios and Latias that came and went from the city over the years, rather than one pair in permanent residence. I see no reason to think that these particular ones are that old.

Interesting, but was it established merely by the appearance of the replacements at the end of the movie, or was it stated specifically in the original legend that the two on Altomare weren't the originals who saved the city way back then? I'm kind of blind here since I can only go by what was in the dub and in the dub Lorenzo said they were the same. I just assumed after I found out about the original legend that that was still the case since the Latis live so long anyway.

Murgatroyd
19th December 2004, 8:48 AM
Long, long ago, on an island called Alto Mare, there lived an old man and an old woman. One day, the couple found two small children lying injured on the beach. Under the couple's gentle care, the children quickly became well. But then, without warning, the island was attacked by monsters. Within moments, the island fell to the monsters. And then...
Before the astonished eyes of the old man and lady, the children transformed. They were the Eon Pokémon, Latios and Latias. The two called their family from the sky. They came, and brought with them a stone with the power to drive away the monsters. This was the gem known as the "Soul Dew". Peace returned to the island. In the years that followed, the Latios and Latias family often visited the island where the Soul Dew rested. And since that time, the island has never again been attacked.

****anslator's Note: The term "family" is my own interpolation. No matter how you look at it, though, every instance where I have used that term is unarguably plural.]

Also...
"For generations, our family has guarded this secret garden, for the Latios and Latias [plural] that visit the island."

AscendingLatios
19th December 2004, 10:19 PM
In the years that followed, the Latios and Latias family often visited the island where the Soul Dew rested. And since that time, the island has never again been attacked.

This part I knew about, but I always interpreted the translation as their other Lati@s friends and family would come to visit occasionally, but the original two that disguised themselves as children and made the initial call to save the island were staying put to watch over the island and these two were those same two. However:

"For generations, our family has guarded this secret garden, for the Latios and Latias [plural] that visit the island."

This seems to indicate that indeed several generations of Lati@s have passed since the original legend occurred. So I guess Latias and Ash can grow old together after all. :) Where did the second quote appear in the original movie?

Murgatroyd
20th December 2004, 1:09 AM
Where did the second quote appear in the original movie?
*Pulls out almost-never-watched copy of English version*
*Watches scene where Ash, Bianca, and Lorenzo are talking in the garden*
Damn, they changed a lot in the dialogue of that scene. It's at about the point where Ash says "I do have a few questions, though".

AscendingLatios
20th December 2004, 11:09 PM
*Pulls out almost-never-watched copy of English version*
*Watches scene where Ash, Bianca, and Lorenzo are talking in the garden*
Damn, they changed a lot in the dialogue of that scene. It's at about the point where Ash says "I do have a few questions, though".

Ohhhh.. That scene! I thought the quote might be Latias/Latios narrating their own legend at the start of the movie. :) Then the dialogue "For generations, our family..." is being said by Lorenzo/Bongore or Bianca/Kanon and not Latios or Latias? If that's the case then it still could be possible they could be the actual Pokemon from the legend, because my interpretation of the original legend is still plausible.

(I feel a bit like I've strayed a bit off the topic of Altoshipping, if anyone is getting annoyed let me know and maybe it can continue in the Pokemon Heroes movie thread.)

Sumnor
1st January 2005, 8:23 AM
Hooray, an Altoshipping thread!!! Heee, this is the main reason why I joined the forums! :p

Very interesting topics here. May I add another one? :) Well, during the end of the movie, we see a group of two Latios and a Latias flying towards Alto Mare. We also see their shadows as they're flying in the secret garden, but there were only three shadows. There should have been four shadows if the Latias we all know and love stayed in the garden. She couldn't have been the one flying with the new family if they were flying towards the island; she couldn't have flown away from Alto Mare and come back again with the new guardians in such a short time period. I believe that Latias left the island and her guardian position to the family so she could find Ash and be with him^^!! I really wish that this will happen in the future!! :D

Can't wait for the fanfic, MooshyKris!

AscendingLatios
1st January 2005, 11:42 PM
We also see their shadows as they're flying in the secret garden, but there were only three shadows. There should have been four shadows if the Latias we all know and love stayed in the garden.

Yeah! I noticed this too! In fact, I noticed it so much that I thought the film was trying to imply that somehow her brother and father were resurrected, like how Molly's mom was resurrected in the end credits of the 3rd movie! Then I found out about the real legend so that was a relief that my resurrection idea couldn't be right. (Plus it would be a big cheat to bring both Latios back to life again w/o an explanation.)

So where is Latias? Good question! I like you wonder if she didn't wander off to be with Ash, but geeze she sure is patient if she's been shadowing him all this time. Somehow I think if he was anywhere nearby she would glomp him the first chance she got. :)

I suppose if you believe the series tie to the movies, but not the other way around, then in the movie reality Ash and Latias might be together again right now. But I hate to use an alternate reality excuse as an explanation for why something is the way it is.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think it was another dub creation - edit the end credits and remove one of shadows in order to try to give a plausible explanation for the English dub so if parent complain they could say, "See, kids? No Pokemon were killed after all, and Ash isn't being romanced by a Pokemon - that girl was really Bianca!" But I kind of doubt they would go through the trouble of removing a shadow just to make a point.

It's probably simpler to just believe that Latias wasn't comfortable with the new Latis yet so she wasn't hanging out with them. Though its odd that we never see her again in her Pokemon form after they replace the Soul Dew at the spring.

Chris-The-Scout
3rd January 2005, 1:01 AM
Sorry I have not posted for a while. I was busy.

Ok on topic:

Yeah! I noticed this too! In fact, I noticed it so much that I thought the film was trying to imply that somehow her brother and father were resurrected, like how Molly's mom was resurrected in the end credits of the 3rd movie! Then I found out about the real legend so that was a relief that my resurrection idea couldn't be right. (Plus it would be a big cheat to bring both Latios back to life again w/o an explanation.)

So where is Latias? Good question! I like you wonder if she didn't wander off to be with Ash, but geeze she sure is patient if she's been shadowing him all this time. Somehow I think if he was anywhere nearby she would glomp him the first chance she got. :)

I suppose if you believe the series tie to the movies, but not the other way around, then in the movie reality Ash and Latias might be together again right now. But I hate to use an alternate reality excuse as an explanation for why something is the way it is.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think it was another dub creation - edit the end credits and remove one of shadows in order to try to give a plausible explanation for the English dub so if parent complain they could say, "See, kids? No Pokemon were killed after all, and Ash isn't being romanced by a Pokemon - that girl was really Bianca!" But I kind of doubt they would go through the trouble of removing a shadow just to make a point.

It's probably simpler to just believe that Latias wasn't comfortable with the new Latis yet so she wasn't hanging out with them. Though its odd that we never see her again in her Pokemon form after they replace the Soul Dew at the spring.

I agree with the fact that 4 Kids are trying to make people think its Bianca. They are trying to hide Altoshipping from the picture, even though there are clear signs of it. The only shipping 4 Kids ever even tried to focus on is Pokeshipping.

Vermillion
3rd January 2005, 12:40 PM
awwww, i really like altoshipping, the sweetest of all shippings

Chris-The-Scout
4th January 2005, 1:26 AM
Hey, I've got an Idea!!!

PM me all of the Altoshipping fanart/Hint pics you can find.

I will make somthing cool with them.

Sumnor
4th January 2005, 6:50 AM
Hey, I've got an Idea!!!

PM me all of the Altoshipping fanart/Hint pics you can find.

I will make somthing cool with them.
Oh, wow! I sure would like to see that soon, whatever it's going to be!! ;) I'll try to find some pics for you! (Although fanart would be kind of hard to find... :()

Have you guys ever considered "Secret Garden" by MADOKA as Ash's and Latias' song? :D I think it suits them perfectly! *giggles with glee ^^* ...Oh, sorry about that! I'm just crazy about Altoshipping!!

Chris-The-Scout
4th January 2005, 7:19 PM
It will probably be 2-3 days before I finish what I'm doing with the Pics. Anyways I have a question: Why does everyone seem to ignore Altoshipping? Questshipping which is rare is not rare as Altoshipping.

p.s. I'd love to find out how Advanceshipping got so popular.

AscendingLatios
4th January 2005, 7:41 PM
Have you guys ever considered "Secret Garden" by MADOKA as Ash's and Latias' song? :D I think it suits them perfectly!

I always imagined that song as what Latias was thinking during those scenes, as if we could hear what she was singing in her head to Ash. :)

I think Meowth should go legit and start up a Pokemon speech school and start teaching Pokemon not interested in battling how to talk. I'm sure Latias would appreciate the ability to communicate with Ash. The only other way would be for her to increase her psychic abilities enough to use telepathy, like MewTwo, Lugia, and Santa's Lapras.

Sumnor
5th January 2005, 4:31 AM
Anyways I have a question: Why does everyone seem to ignore Altoshipping? Questshipping which is rare is not rare as Altoshipping.

p.s. I'd love to find out how Advanceshipping got so popular.
Yeah, it's unfortunate, isn't it? Well, I think I may have the reason why it isn't so popular now. :( It seems that people are disturbed about a relationship between a human and a Pokemon (one member I replied in the Favorite Shipping and the Best Paired With Ash thread earlier here was really disturbed about it...). Come on, shipping doesn't have to end with THAT! :@ Shipping's about the bond between the pair. :)

About Questshipping and Advanceshipping, people tend to pair main characters with each other. This is kind of an overused pairing; I see this in most shows and movies. :( Altoshipping was unique and original in its own right, in my opinion. :D

I always imagined that song as what Latias was thinking during those scenes, as if we could hear what she was singing in her head to Ash. :)
Hey, me too! :) When the song started playing when Latias and Ash were on the swing, I knew this was the romantic song for them!! :D It's also upbeat and catchy! *sings the song ^^*

awwww, i really like altoshipping, the sweetest of all shippings
Thanks for that feedback on Altoshipping, Vermillion! :) Makes me happy whenever someone appreciates this ship!

Can't wait for the "surprise," MooshyKris!!

Chris-The-Scout
5th January 2005, 2:00 PM
Can you tell me names of any pokemon forums you know know about?

I'm spreading the word of altoshipping, one forum at a time.

Also: My "suprise" is done. I'll add more to it when I can find more pics.

Here is the link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Chris-The-Scout/Altoshipping.jpg

Sumnor
6th January 2005, 5:37 AM
Whoa, it's looking good!! There's my avatar...and sig pic...!!...and that fanart I sent in (not mine, though)! Man, you got crazy computer skills, MooshyKris (waaaay better than mine, anyways)! :D

SapphireAngelus
7th January 2005, 2:18 AM
Wow, that looks awesome! By the way, this is my first time posting in the Altoshipping thread. Altoshipping is my favorite ship along with Colosseumshipping and Hoennshipping. :)

Sumnor
7th January 2005, 7:26 AM
Hi, SapphireAngelus, and welcome!! I'm sure you'll enjoy being here, where all us Altoshippers can have fun talking about the greatest shipping ever! ...Yeah, I am getting carried away, here. *Smiles sheepishly*

Has anyone noticed that in the movie, when Latias leads Ash to the swing in the secret garden, and just before they go offscreen, Ash was smiling a little with his mouth open? (Sorry, I don't have a picture to accompany this.) Forgive me for being so analytical, but that part has always caught my attention.

I'd like Latias to use her psychic abilities for telepathy if she were to "speak" with Ash (although I do wish Meowth would go legit, too). It'll heighten her psychic powers and give her the abliity to protect her sweetheart!

wayc
10th January 2005, 4:35 AM
Has anyone noticed that in the movie, when Latias leads Ash to the swing in the secret garden, and just before they go offscreen, Ash was smiling a little with his mouth open? (Sorry, I don't have a picture to accompany this.) Forgive me for being so analytical, but that part has always caught my attention.
I have noticed. If I'm thinking of the right scene, I'll get a picture of it soon... oh and if anyone has any picture requests from the movie, I'll grab them for you.

I'd like Latias to use her psychic abilities for telepathy if she were to "speak" with Ash (although I do wish Meowth would go legit, too). It'll heighten her psychic powers and give her the abliity to protect her sweetheart!
Yes. That would be absolutely adorable. I think speech between them would be the next viable step up in their relationship. I bet Latias could easily tap into Ash's mind and communicate with him through it... she did have the ability to channel Latios' sight-sharing, so this does not seem like an impossibility. I bet Latias has already stolen a few peeks already. ^^

Anyway, I bet Latias would have the cutest little mind-voice... mellifluous, and excitedly upbeat with the love of her Ashy. XD I bet her voice through those Latias-esque shrieks already is lovely, but just not adapted to soothe a human's ears... I bet Ash could get used to it though.

That's one of the cutest aspects to Altoshipping. The struggle to overcome what people would think about them is hard enough, but there would be all those obvious physical, mental, spiritual, and cultural differences they would have to struggle through... However, if they persevere, the rewards of such a unique union could be so bounteous.

Sumnor
10th January 2005, 5:22 AM
I have noticed. If I'm thinking of the right scene, I'll get a picture of it soon... oh and if anyone has any picture requests from the movie, I'll grab them for you.
Oh, thanks, wayc! That's very cool of you to do that. I have no computer skills (or knowledge) whatsoever, so I really appreciate what you're doing! :) I'll post a pic to celebrate (and add more color to this thread!):

http://www.serebii.net/movies/latias_latios/pictures/M211.jpg
A very classic scene!! :D

Although I do wish Latias would communicate with Ash using telepathy, I never thought how she would sound like. I liked how wayc described it (mellifluous--what crazy vocabulary you have!), so, uh, I'm sticking with his idea! ^^;

That's one of the cutest aspects to Altoshipping. The struggle to overcome what people would think about them is hard enough, but there would be all those obvious physical, mental, spiritual, and cultural differences they would have to struggle through... However, if they persevere, the rewards of such a unique union could be so bounteous.
Just what I was thinking! The hardships Ash and Latias have to face could be unbearable, but if they support each other through those times...oh, so romantic!! *Daydreams ^^* This is one of the reasons why this shipping is so satisfying to me!

wayc
10th January 2005, 6:06 AM
I think battling would be interesting if she ever did go with him. She'd probably insist on battling for his honor... but I bet Ash couldn't help jumping in to take the attack for Latias if he feels she is in any danger. It sure would give the writers more excuses for Ash to get pity badges because he has such an amazingly compassionate heart when it comes to his Pokémon.

Wouldn't it be cool if Latias met up with the gang and convinced May to stay behind while she travels with Ash in secret, taking the form of May? That would be such an excellent way for her to sneak back into Ash's life. Imagine how he'd react when she revealed herself and tackle smooched him in her giddy true form. XD Well, anyway... that's just my imagination running wild again.

Sumnor
10th January 2005, 6:34 AM
I think battling would be interesting if she ever did go with him. She'd probably insist on battling for his honor... but I bet Ash couldn't help jumping in to take the attack for Latias if he feels she is in any danger. It sure would give the writers more excuses for Ash to get pity badges because he has such an amazingly compassionate heart when it comes to his Pokémon.
It would be very sweet of Ash to protect Latias from harm in any way he can! *Daydreams again* Sorry, I can't help it! I think from Latias' point of view, Ash would be a walking Pokemon Center... and much more! :D

Wouldn't it be cool if Latias met up with the gang and convinced May to stay behind while she travels with Ash in secret, taking the form of May? That would be such an excellent way for her to sneak back into Ash's life. Imagine how he'd react when she revealed herself and tackle smooched him in her giddy true form. XD Well, anyway... that's just my imagination running wild again.
It would take a considerable effort for May to stay behind when she's so eager to get to the next Pokemon Contest, and to see a Legendary Pokemon trying to speak to her! If Latias does manage to succeed, I'd love to see how things go from there! And to see Latias "tackle smooch" Ash in her Pokemon form...*faints with glee* ^_^;

wayc
10th January 2005, 6:43 AM
Hahaha! I only wish I could animate the whole idea myself... but alas, I'm not that talented. :( I think I'll get started on a fanfic about it though.

I'm glad you share the glee that we would see from true-form Latias tackle-smooching Ash in ecstasy. Lol, that was very poetic.

Sumnor
10th January 2005, 7:02 AM
Heee, very poetic indeed! I would really like to read your fanfiction (and MooshyKris' too). It's very uncommon to find Altoshipping fanfics, and there are some that aren't updated in a while. :(

May I accompany the lovable "tackle-smooching" scene with a fanart of my own? Once I learn how to put it in a computer, I'll try to post it here! Bear in mind that I'm not a great artist, but I try my best! ^^;

wayc
10th January 2005, 7:08 AM
Speaking of Altoshipping fanfics, all I know of is "The Extra Mile" by DJ Rodriquez, and LonePichu's four part "Latias's Love" series. What have you got?

Sumnor
10th January 2005, 7:40 AM
Speaking of Altoshipping fanfics, all I know of is "The Extra Mile" by DJ Gamez, and LonePichu's four part "Latias's Love" series. What have you got?
I know a few fanfics. All of them are in FanFiction.Net. Go to "Search," choose "Story by Summary," filter "Pokemon," and key words "Latias Ash," and there you have it. Some aren't Altoshipping fanfics, but include Latias in them. The best Altoshipping fanfic there is "Bound To The Dragon's Heart" by Pichu Star. I really liked that one! :)

wayc
10th January 2005, 8:03 AM
Oh wow! That must be a new one. I only knew about LonePichu's other one. I haven't searched Fanfiction.net for new ones since last January. Incidentally, that's when "The Extra Mile" by DJ Rodriquez (the guy I meant to say the first time) showed up there.

I remember a few other semi-Altoshippy fanfics there as well... one was very strange that focused on Latias playing with Latios a lot and discussing how much she liked Ash who was never actually in the fic... I need to go read the one you mentioned and look over the other ones. Thanks! :)

I'll PM you the link to the old one by LonePichu, since I don't think we're allowed to use links outside our sig... I have a feeling you'll enjoy that one. I haven't actually read it yet, but it looks really good.

Caseydia
10th January 2005, 9:48 PM
Who knew this ship would be popular. I'm glad because this is the best ship for Ash that is in the shipping threads.

Sumnor
11th January 2005, 8:49 AM
Who knew this ship would be popular. I'm glad because this is the best ship for Ash that is in the shipping threads.
Thank you, Caseydia! There was a lot more chemistry between Ash and Latias, I just love it!

Here's another pic:
http://www.serebii.net/movies/latias_latios/pictures/M396.jpg

AscendingLatios
11th January 2005, 7:55 PM
I'd like Latias to use her psychic abilities for telepathy if she were to "speak" with Ash (although I do wish Meowth would go legit, too).

And the first 4 words from her mind should be, "I love you Ash!" :D

And to see Latias "tackle smooch" Ash in her Pokemon form...

Better known as "glomping". :)

I picture the scene of Ash and Latias reuniting where of Ash, May, Brock, and Max walking along. A familiar-looking shadow flies overhead, they all look up, camera POV changes to Ash, but all he can see is a dark shape flying down towards him because it's flown right into the line of sight of the sun. Switch to a quick cut to Ash's face as he realizes who it is but before he can react any further: Switch to a side view of the entire group where Latias flies down and sideways into the scene, and he's suddenly hit head-on by Latias, and they end up tumbling over one another like a large ball finally to come to a rest on the grass. Hugs ensue. :)

Yeah, something like that.... Kissing her in her Pokemon form? Maybe after she wins him the latest league tournament and he gets caught up in the moment. :D

wayc
12th January 2005, 12:06 AM
Heehee! That would be excellent! Everything you just described played as a movie in my head. I wish it really would happen in the show though... he really does seem to mean that much to her. I wonder what all is stopping her. She lost her brother... I can't believe she can stand to lose her Ash as well.

I'm the one who said "tackle smooch." I know about the word "glomp" but that's more of a tackle hug, and I wanted something spicier. :D

Sumnor
12th January 2005, 3:56 AM
I picture the scene of Ash and Latias reuniting where of Ash, May, Brock, and Max walking along. A familiar-looking shadow flies overhead, they all look up, camera POV changes to Ash, but all he can see is a dark shape flying down towards him because it's flown right into the line of sight of the sun. Switch to a quick cut to Ash's face as he realizes who it is but before he can react any further: Switch to a side view of the entire group where Latias flies down and sideways into the scene, and he's suddenly hit head-on by Latias, and they end up tumbling over one another like a large ball finally to come to a rest on the grass. Hugs ensue. :)
Weee, I'm inspired! *Takes a pencil and paper and starts drawing* I'm not used to drawing at side views, but since this is about Altoshipping, I'll put in considerable effort in making this looking great!! :)

I wish it really would happen in the show though... he really does seem to mean that much to her. I wonder what all is stopping her. She lost her brother... I can't believe she can stand to lose her Ash as well.
*Cries* Latias, you suffered so much and yet let the love of your life go!! *Cries again, but realizes that people can see her* U-uh, sometimes I get into an emotional phase, so don't mind me! ^^;;

Miroku-Kun
12th January 2005, 4:03 AM
I love Altoshipping ^.^
I think Satoshi & Latias look sugary sweet together=3
I also think I should write a fan fic about Ash and Latias love..I think that would be a good idea^^

Sumnor
12th January 2005, 4:27 AM
I love Altoshipping ^.^
I think Satoshi & Latias look sugary sweet together=3
I think I should write a fan fic about Ash and Latias love..I think that would be a good idea^^
Hello, Yukari, and welcome! :)

Oh, you're going to write a fanfic? I think it's a great idea! We must express our passion for Ash and Latias to the world!! :p

I hope you'll come here often so we all can have interesting points to talk about concerning Altoshipping! Heee!

Here's one topic to start with:

Towards the end of the movie, after Latias gives Ash a kiss and runs off, I've noticed that Ash took one step forward as if he's chasing Latias all over again! :O

*Pushes Ash from the back* You know you want to be with Latias! Why did you stop yourself? Go after her!! *Continues pushing Ash* :D

wayc
12th January 2005, 2:00 PM
Welcome, Yukari! Come and stay a bit! ^^ It would be awesome if you wrote a fic. We definitely need to pump up the Altoshippy paraphernalia available on the web. It's so sparse right now.

I didn't notice Ash stepped forward in the end. You know, it just occurred to me that we never got to hear what Ash thought about the kiss... he didn't even mention it or say anything or whatever.

Wouldn't it be horrible if even HE didn't know it was Latias? I don't think that could be possible, but Ash sometimes... he... yeah... anyway, for Latias' sake, he better realize it was her after all they'd been through. It could be anything he might have noticed, but it better be something. I don't think Latias would let him slip away that easily.

Perhaps Ash recognized a perfume Latias was wearing that Bianca wasn't, or perhaps she just smelled like a Latias and of an unhumanly origin even in her human form. Or perhaps Ash knew it was Latias by her touch. She could have subtly felt like a Pokemon whenever she would touch him, and Ash recognized it in the end. Maybe Latias whispered something to Ash like "I Love You" that nobody heard...

It's fun to speculate... especially with our other 3 senses. We only get see and hear from the movie-- and from that alone we are pretty much sure it was Latias. Ash had sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste! Hehehe... taste. I wonder if Ash would have been able to tell if it was Latias by the taste of her kiss. lol

maymoon
12th January 2005, 2:09 PM
I like altoshipping. I think it's cute!

AscendingLatios
12th January 2005, 6:18 PM
Towards the end of the movie, after Latias gives Ash a kiss and runs off, I've noticed that Ash took one step forward as if he's chasing Latias all over again! :O

What I've noticed is how uneasy Ash is about telling Lorenzo that he's leaving so soon:

Lorenzo: "Oh, you're leaving already?"
Ash: "Yeah...."

My theory is Ash left sooner than he wanted because he knew if he stayed any longer he might never leave Altomare and his dream of becoming a Pokemon master would be over. Still kind of annoying how he leaves Latias so soon after her loss, though. :/

Or perhaps Ash knew it was Latias by her touch. She could have subtly felt like a Pokemon whenever she would touch him, and Ash recognized it in the end.

The movie is kind of ambiguous about the nature of Latias' powers of disguise. The game Pokedex entry for Latias clearly states that her powers of disguise are all an optical illusion because she has these glasslike feathers that can bend light. (OK the science is kind of loose here, but whatever ;)) Plus, the fact that the villains could see through her disguise with those special glasses seems to point towards her human form being nothing more than a trick on the eye, so Ash would certainly notice if he was being kissed by a big downy Pokemon. (And may account for some of the surprised look on his face. :))

OTOH, during their escape from the villains, Ash is holding Latias-as-Bianca's hand and if it were all an optical illusion Ash would certainly notice if he were holding onto a claw rather than a girl's hand.

So it's not clear exactly how Latias' transformative powers work.

scyther
12th January 2005, 8:32 PM
this days...humph...

ash and latias this is a little weird...

Murgatroyd
12th January 2005, 9:28 PM
If you don't like it, don't post. That is the basic rule of all the General Discussion threads.

wayc
13th January 2005, 2:45 AM
(...) so Ash would certainly notice if he was being kissed by a big downy Pokemon. (And may account for some of the surprised look on his face. :))
CUTE thought! ^^ Someone needs to throw that into their fic. :D

Yeah, I don't know how her disguise powers work, either... but it's sad that she needed them in the end. Ash and Latias are so perfect... she doesn't need any stupid facade, and especially not a form that belonged to Bianca. *sighs*

That ending was not satisfactory.

advanceshipping4ever
13th January 2005, 3:05 AM
I hope someone makes an altoshipping fic soon!

Murgatroyd
13th January 2005, 4:52 AM
The movie is kind of ambiguous about the nature of Latias' powers of disguise. The game Pokedex entry for Latias clearly states that her powers of disguise are all an optical illusion because she has these glasslike feathers that can bend light. (OK the science is kind of loose here, but whatever ;)) Plus, the fact that the villains could see through her disguise with those special glasses seems to point towards her human form being nothing more than a trick on the eye, so Ash would certainly notice if he was being kissed by a big downy Pokemon. (And may account for some of the surprised look on his face. :))

OTOH, during their escape from the villains, Ash is holding Latias-as-Bianca's hand and if it were all an optical illusion Ash would certainly notice if he were holding onto a claw rather than a girl's hand.

So it's not clear exactly how Latias' transformative powers work.
I present evidence for the "Latias is a true shapeshifter" theory:
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/Latias%20%20953.jpg

Sumnor
13th January 2005, 7:24 AM
You know, it just occurred to me that we never got to hear what Ash thought about the kiss... he didn't even mention it or say anything or whatever.
Yeah, I really would like to hear Ash's thoughts on the matter, but I think that Latias' kiss really meant a lot to him and it touched him. It was something personal that he wanted to keep within his heart, and so maybe that was why he never mentioned it to his friends and even his Pikachu.

What I've noticed is how uneasy Ash is about telling Lorenzo that he's leaving so soon:

Lorenzo: "Oh, you're leaving already?"
Ash: "Yeah...."

My theory is Ash left sooner than he wanted because he knew if he stayed any longer he might never leave Altomare and his dream of becoming a Pokemon master would be over. Still kind of annoying how he leaves Latias so soon after her loss, though. :/
That's what I thought, too! This theory may also be the reason why Ash stopped himself from running after Latias at the end. As wayc said, the ending wasn't satisfactory, but the lack of information here makes the viewers stop and think more about the movie, letting them create their own theories and interpretations, which proved quite successful here! ;)

Greetings, maymoon and advanceshipping4ever! Anyone with a passion for Ash and Latias are always welcome here! =)

I do believe that Latias can transform into a human physically. From Ash holding her hand, Latias holding on to Ash's shoulders in the Pokemon Center, and the pic posted by Murgatroyd... a lot of proof there. But I do think that Ash knew it was Latias who kissed him instead of Bianca. Instead of Ash using one of his five senses (although I do like to see how Ash knew it was Latias by taste ^^;; ), he may have felt Latias' aura (er, sixth sense?) and just knew from there that it was her. Well, in Japanese romance stories, it is common for two lovers to feel and recognize each other's presence and life force... ;)

AscendingLatios
13th January 2005, 7:58 PM
I present evidence for the "Latias is a true shapeshifter" theory:

Ah, yes... I forgot about how neatly Ariados' webs wrapped her up.

I do believe that Latias can transform into a human physically. From Ash holding her hand, Latias holding on to Ash's shoulders in the Pokemon Center, and the pic posted by Murgatroyd... a lot of proof there.

Indeed, so much so that I can't really argue with it. :) In fact, after doing some more thinking about I came up with an explanation for how the glasses could work if Latias was a true shapeshifter: The glasses work somewhat like the Silph Scope from the game and can see the soul of a Pokemon, or perhaps the energy field that comprises their souls. So it wouldn't matter what physical form Latias had, the glasses would always show her true self.

But I do think that Ash knew it was Latias who kissed him instead of Bianca.

Well, I knew it was Latias simply because of her body language. ;) I totally agreed with the poster in the "Latias or Bianca" thread in the polls section that pointed this out - Bianca just doesn't move around like that.

Well, in Japanese romance stories, it is common for two lovers to feel and recognize each other's presence and life force... ;)

Hmm, that's very interesting.. Didn't know that! (Then again I haven't read a lot of Japanese romance except for the Pokemon & Digimon related ones on FF.net. :))

Ash and Latias are so perfect... she doesn't need any stupid facade, and especially not a form that belonged to Bianca.

That's for sure. Plus it opens up some not-so-good possibilities where Ash could be crass and ask Latias to turn into some of the other girls he's known in the past... :P

The ultimate insult Ash could do to Latias, though, is see her (or any Latias for that matter) and have to 'dex her. :@ (Even though I know, yeah, it's what he does for any Pokemon he hasn't seen in awhile.)

Chris-The-Scout
14th January 2005, 7:21 AM
I don't know why people think that Latias's human form is just an illusion. When she transforms, she becomes a real human. Well not really, but she has a real human body.

AscendingLatios
14th January 2005, 7:47 AM
I don't know why people think that Latias's human form is just an illusion.

Well, mainly because of her Pokedex entry. Specifically:

"LATIAS is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech. [ed note: Aren't all Pokemon?] It is covered with a glass-like down. The Pokemon enfolds its body with its down and refracts light to alter its appearance."

But also because of the glasses thing I mentioned earlier, and both Latias and Latios' trick of turning invisible is like the light-bending cloaking device seen in the sci-fi movie "Predator". So that's why I thought it could be possible her disguise was through the manipulation of rays of light. But now I agree there's just too much evidence that her changing form is real, since its too convoluted to try to figure out a way to explain how she could manipulate physical matter that way as an illusion.

When she transforms, she becomes a real human. Well not really, but she has a real human body.

The real question is: Is her body real enough to have human kids if she stays in her human form for a long enough time? ;)

Chris-The-Scout
14th January 2005, 8:14 AM
The real question is: Is her body real enough to have human kids if she stays in her human form for a long enough time? ;)

Who knows? Well it's up to who writes the Altoshipping fics. In most cases the answer would be yes.

Edit: Yes we broke 5 pages!!

wayc
15th January 2005, 5:49 AM
Frankly, I don't care if Latias can really transform into a human or can have human children... she's not human, and shouldn't pretend to be something she's not for anyone's sake.

Ash has her heart. That is way more important than flesh, appendages, hair, etcetera... I hope he would be able to see that.

Sumnor
15th January 2005, 6:14 AM
Latias having human children? Er, well, in my opinion, I think if Ash and Latias have children (don't ask me how ^^;; ), I would say that they will be half-human/half-Pokemon. It really doesn't matter to me if Ash and Latias have any children or not, though, as long as they are happy to be with each other. :)

wayc
15th January 2005, 6:56 AM
It really doesn't matter to me if Ash and Latias have any children or not, though, as long as they are happy to be with each other. :)
I couldn't agree more. :D

Chris-The-Scout
15th January 2005, 7:00 AM
It really doesn't matter to me if Ash and Latias have any children or not, though, as long as they are happy to be with each other. :)

I agree with that also. I also agree that if Ash and Latias had kids that they would be half human half Pokemon. *puts a strange picture in my head*

AscendingLatios
15th January 2005, 4:46 PM
I agree with that also. I also agree that if Ash and Latias had kids that they would be half human half Pokemon. *puts a strange picture in my head*
I dunno, I always figured Pokemon game genetics would come into play and their kids would either look like Latias and Latios or all human. (Though if they were Pokemon kids it might be nice if they had opposeable claws... Kind of hard to hold a pencil with their normal claws. :)) I imagined that though they would look normal, they might have special abilities, like they could speak each others language w/o having to train like Meowth did, or a human kid would be able to speak and understand Pokemon w/o any difficulty.

Or just avoid the whole issue have have Ash & Latias adopt, or do surrogate mothering or artificial insemination. I just kind of like the idea of Ash being a dad to some Pokemon or Latias being a mom to a human child, I guess. Whether they're theirs biologically or not. :)

Edit: Yes we broke 5 pages!!
Well, sort of.. ;) It depends on how each user has their display settings. I set my profile so I see the maximum 40 posts per page, so I only get 3 pages so far.... And I set it that way despite my really, really slow internet connection. :D

wayc
15th January 2005, 9:54 PM
I just kind of like the idea of Ash being a dad to some Pokemon or Latias being a mom to a human child, I guess. Whether they're theirs biologically or not. :)
Haha! Yes, so do I! ^^ A true test of parenthood... it would be awesome to watch them grow culturally as they experience parenthood from parents with two very different cultural (most of which due to their species difference) backgrounds. :)

Sumnor
16th January 2005, 10:09 AM
Wow, interesting views on Ash and Latias' children and parenthood. For me to come up with subjects like those would take a lot of thinking! ^^;

I found a very cute Altoshipping fanart, courtesy of latias:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/foxy_roxy_432/ashwithlatias.png
Makes me want to go "Eeeeee!!" :D

Speaking of fanart, I'm almost done with my own Altoshipping fanart, and once I get it on the computer, I'll post it here! Hope you guys will like it, despite my amatuerish drawing skills! ^^;;

wayc
16th January 2005, 10:19 AM
I happen to know latias. She hasn't even seen the movie yet... poor thing. :(

Anyway, I look forward to your fan-art as I'm sure everyone will love it. :)

Chris-The-Scout
17th January 2005, 5:18 AM
I'm looking foward to your fanart too Sumnor.

Sumnor
17th January 2005, 5:30 AM
Thank you, wayc and MooshyKris!! I bet you'll be very happy to know that I'm finished with it!! Remeber when I said that I would draw the scene where Latias "tackle-smooches" Ash? Well, here it is!:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/11477KNn8I/289244.jpg

Hee, you guys may remember that "heart of love" from Murgatroyd's pic of the comic book adaption of the fifth Pokemon movie; I just loved that, so I decided to draw it in! Also, look at Ash's reaction: he's blushing!! :D I hope you guys enjoyed my fanart!

Chris-The-Scout
17th January 2005, 5:39 AM
Wow! That's great! That is somthing to be saved!

AscendingLatios
17th January 2005, 7:02 AM
Remeber when I said that I would draw the scene where Latias "tackle-smooches" Ash? Well, here it is!:

Wow! That turned out really good! You really didn't give yourself enough credit, the pic is great! About the only minor thing is Ash's forehead is a bit tall (maybe he's older? ;)) Yeee! Latias looks like she's about to bust open with happiness, and Ash as usual looks like he doesn't know to think about this turn of events! :D

wayc
17th January 2005, 8:10 AM
It is simply stunning! I love it! ^^ But you already knew that.

maymoon
17th January 2005, 5:08 PM
Thats a really cool picture sumnor!they look cute together! XD

Sumnor
18th January 2005, 12:45 AM
Thank you guys for your nice comments!! *Feels the love* ^^; It's rare for me to receive such enthusiastic feedback. Usually people just look at my pictures and say, "That looks nice," ...but of course it's mostly my fault because I don't show them to other people at school.

About the only minor thing is Ash's forehead is a bit tall (maybe he's older? ;) )
Is that what you think, AscendingLatios? I didn't mean for Ash to be older, sorry. :( The reason it looks like that is probably because of his hair. I drew his hair kind of lifting up from Latias' tackle-smooch (like his t-shirt sleeve). Or maybe it's just my style of drawing. ^^;

I really love both Ash's and Latias' expressions there! I can only imagine the result of that adorable scene!! *Daydreams yet again* Maybe I should draw another Altoshipping fanart where Latias finally gets the romantic relationship with Ash that she's been waiting for! =P *Gets excited*

wayc
18th January 2005, 2:34 AM
Maybe I should draw another Altoshipping fanart where Latias finally gets the romantic relationship with Ash that she's been waiting for! =P *Gets excited*
Hehehe! That would rock. You could draw Ash actually having a positive reaction to her attention too. Nothing would be sweeter than to see the moment he finally succumbs to her super love attack! ^^;

Chris-The-Scout
18th January 2005, 2:39 AM
Hehehe! That would rock. You could draw Ash actually having a positive reaction to her attention too. Nothing would be sweeter than to see the moment he finally succumbs to her super love attack! ^^;

Or even better: Have Ash and Latias actully kissing eachother! Not just Latias kissing Ash.

wayc
18th January 2005, 2:41 AM
Yes! With hands and claws locked together! ^^ Mmmm, sweet.

Chris-The-Scout
18th January 2005, 3:36 AM

That sounds great!

Mooshykris ;383;

p.s. A milestone: 100 posts!

Sumnor
19th January 2005, 6:23 AM
Have Ash and Latias actully kissing eachother! Not just Latias kissing Ash.

Uh, sure! ^^; I'll try to draw that! At first I was thinking about drawing Ash and Latias lying on a field of flowers, looking up at the sky and cuddling each other! ^_^

It'll take me some time to finish you guys' suggestions, though. I want to draw the pic at a different angle, instead of a side-view again. I also got a lot of schoolwork, too. :( *Cries*

p.s. A milestone: 100 posts!
*Stops crying* Wow, a hundred posts! Hooray!! *Starts celebrating* ^^;

Chris-The-Scout
19th January 2005, 7:40 AM
I just signed up for FF.net so if you guys have any shipping fics. Give them to me and I can make more people see them.

Sumnor
19th January 2005, 8:22 AM
Oh, thanks, MooshyKris!! Er, but I don't have an Altoshipping fanfiic of my own, sorry!

Can't wait to read more Altoshipping fics!! ^^

Chris-The-Scout
19th January 2005, 8:23 AM
Oh, thanks, MooshyKris!! Er, but I don't have an Altoshipping fanfiic of my own, sorry!

Can't wait to read more Altoshipping fics!! ^^

Your welcome.

Altoshipping fics are the reason I signed up.

p.s. where did Murgatroyd go??? He hasen't posted here in a while.

wayc
19th January 2005, 11:01 AM
Well, Murgatroyd's pretty busy and probably not as ... overly exuberant about the ship as us.

In any case, you don't HAVE to draw our suggestions, Sumnor. You've already done so much. Do whatever YOU want. We'll still love it. :) Your idea sounds fabulous as well.

I'm still putting off reading all the Altoshipping fics... but hey, it means I still have 6 or so to read. :D

Gahhhh, I want to write one! I should, I should, I will. . . eventually. :)

Murgatroyd
19th January 2005, 11:47 AM
I'm still here, just quiet. I read a lot more than I post.

Chris-The-Scout
19th January 2005, 7:25 PM
I'm still putting off reading all the Altoshipping fics... but hey, it means I still have 6 or so to read. :D

I think you should read then. Espescially the FF.net ones (Trust me read "Bound to the Dragon's Heart before it gets longer, It already has 9 chapters)

Sumnor
20th January 2005, 9:29 AM
I'm still here, just quiet. I read a lot more than I post.
Oh, that's a bummer. I would really like to hear more from you! :)

In any case, you don't HAVE to draw our suggestions, Sumnor. You've already done so much. Do whatever YOU want. We'll still love it. Your idea sounds fabulous as well.
Thanks, wayc! It is kind of hard to draw you guys' suggestions, :( but once I get better at drawing, I'll try to make that a reality!

I think you should read then. Espescially the FF.net ones (Trust me read "Bound to the Dragon's Heart before it gets longer, It already has 9 chapters)
I agree with you, "Bound to the Dragon's Heart" is one of the greatest Altoshipping fanfic I've read so far! To everyone else (especially wayc): go read!! :D

wayc
20th January 2005, 10:27 AM
I'll definitely try to get to it this weekend. :D It's such a cute name for a fic too; Bound To the Dragon's Heart. Hehehe. Is Ash in for a wild ride or what? I guess I'll soon find out. :)

So, we need something new to speculate on. Okay, remember when Latias was pushing Ash around in the water -- about the time when Aerodactyl attacked them, but before they were in too much of a hurry -- what do you think was on Latias' mind? :D

Obviously, there would have been concerns for Altomare, the Soul Dew, and her brother... but I think there was something else there in the back of her mind. ^^ Hehehe.

Chris-The-Scout
20th January 2005, 7:35 PM
Is Ash in for a wild ride or what? I guess I'll soon find out. :)

He's in for a VERY, wild ride.

Sumnor
21st January 2005, 3:13 AM
So, we need something new to speculate on. Okay, remember when Latias was pushing Ash around in the water -- about the time when Aerodactyl attacked them, but before they were in too much of a hurry -- what do you think was on Latias' mind? :D

Obviously, there would have been concerns for Altomare, the Soul Dew, and her brother... but I think there was something else there in the back of her mind. ^^ Hehehe.
Yes, I remember that scene... so romantic! ^^ And the way Ash smiled at Latias was very sweet, too! Well, anyways, during that scene, I always thought that Latias was thinking about protecting Ash. After she rescues him from drowning and lifts him up to the surface, her face was just full of joy when she sees that Ash was alright! As she was carrying him across the water, it was like she wanted to say, "Don't worry, Ash, I'm here for you!" :)

He's in for a VERY, wild ride.
You are absolutely right on target, MooshyKris! :D

Heracross
21st January 2005, 3:26 AM
I must've missed this thread the first time it came up. Although I'm not really an avid shipper, there are a few that I support and Altoshipping is one of them. It's just so sweet. The first time I saw Heroes I loved it and I was glad to discover that there was already an established ship for Satoshi and Latias.

wayc
21st January 2005, 5:15 AM
I must've missed this thread the first time it came up. Although I'm not really an avid shipper, there are a few that I support and Altoshipping is one of them. It's just so sweet. The first time I saw Heroes I loved it and I was glad to discover that there was already an established ship for Satoshi and Latias.
Yay! Another Altoshipping supporter! Welcome! ^^

Yes, I remember that scene... so romantic! ^^ And the way Ash smiled at Latias was very sweet, too! Well, anyways, during that scene, I always thought that Latias was thinking about protecting Ash. After she rescues him from drowning and lifts him up to the surface, her face was just full of joy when she sees that Ash was alright! As she was carrying him across the water, it was like she wanted to say, "Don't worry, Ash, I'm here for you!"
Great thoughts there, Sumnor. It was indeed very romantic. Yes, I think protecting Ash was on her mind in a big way. It was nice to see her care so deeply for him when you think about how deeply he showed compassion for her. It all fits together so nicely. I also think she was harboring a few passionate feelings as well... the cold water, the pretty night... hehehe, would have been perfect for a kiss. ^^ A more romantic one... not a tackle smooch. She would save that one for their reunion (that is hopefully still to come). :D

Chris-The-Scout
21st January 2005, 5:40 AM
I'm learning how to make Pokemon fangames. I might make an Altoshipping fangame.

wayc
21st January 2005, 5:42 AM
An Altoshipping fan game?! That sounds fun! ^^ What is it? ^^;

Chris-The-Scout
21st January 2005, 5:55 AM
An Altoshipping fan game?! That sounds fun! ^^ What is it? ^^;

I don't know yet.

Sumnor
21st January 2005, 6:02 AM
Hey there, Heracross! I hope you'll come here often. It's always a pleasure to have new members here! I'm happy that Altoshipping is one of the few ships you support! :)

Great thoughts there, Sumnor. It was indeed very romantic. Yes, I think protecting Ash was on her mind in a big way. It was nice to see her care so deeply for him when you think about how deeply he showed compassion for her. It all fits together so nicely. I also think she was harboring a few passionate feelings as well... the cold water, the pretty night... hehehe, would have been perfect for a kiss. ^^ A more romantic one... not a tackle smooch. She would save that one for their reunion (that is hopefully still to come). :D
Thank you, wayc! Just thinking about how Ash and Latias are willing to do for each other makes me so happy! ^_^ I really loved your description of that night scene! If only there wasn't a crisis happening and Pikachu being right there with them (^^; ), I bet that Ash and Latias would stare passionately at each others eyes and... Eeeeee! ^////^ *turns red with glee!*

I still wish that Latias would come to Ash (or vice versa!), maybe in a form of a special, like Mewtwo Returns, and then from there it officially ties in with the TV episodes! Well, that's just me rambling my thoughts out. :)

Oh, an Altoshipping game, MooshyKris? Never thought of that before! It seems very interesting!

wayc
21st January 2005, 6:05 AM
I don't know yet.
Okay then... maybe you should just work on your fic first. One project at a time. :D Whenever I start more than one, I always get frustrated and abandon them all.

Well, back to Latias and Ash... do you think Latias was planning on revealing herself to him as a Pokemon when she did, even if he wouldn't have asked about Latias being the name of a Pokémon?

Sumnor
21st January 2005, 6:23 AM
Yeah, I think that she was planning on revealing her true identity to her new love sooner or later without Ash having to ask about her name. Maybe Latias would have shown her Pokemon self to Ash while she was sitting on the swing, if only her brother hadn't interfered... =/

wayc
21st January 2005, 6:44 AM
Yeah, I think that she was planning on revealing her true identity to her new love sooner or later without Ash having to ask about her name. Maybe Latias would have shown her Pokemon self to Ash while she was sitting on the swing, if only her brother hadn't interfered... =/
Very good point. She looked like she knew exactly what she was doing on that swing... and the music that played ("INSIDE" the Secret Garden) was so romantic and naturistic. It's kind of a nice thought to think she was part of that scenery, part of what makes up life there in the Secret Garden... just waiting to spring her amazing surprise on the one she was able to get to follow her into such a special place. ^^

Really though, Latios totally ruined the moment. :( But the way Latias protected Ash by standing in the line of fire, and then dragging him to the swing so playfully when Lorenzo said it was okay... that was so cool, too. It's like Latias was able to achieve what she had intended all along, anyway. :)

I wish we could have seen the original and uninterrupted way she planned to spring her surprise onto him, though. There might have been a kiss or a few extra nuzzles involved. :D

Sumnor
21st January 2005, 7:58 AM
Wow, wayc, you have so much depth in your thoughts! If only I could come up with something like that! :)

Anyways, yes, I would have preferred the way Latias would have handled the situation instead of her brother and his protective nature. There could have been very sweet scenes to come out from it! *Daydreams* ;)

Chris-The-Scout
21st January 2005, 10:29 AM
I have Ideas of what would've happened if it weren't for Latios too.

wayc
21st January 2005, 3:05 PM
I have Ideas of what would've happened if it weren't for Latios too.
Will you share them? :) We want to hear them!! :D

Sumnor
22nd January 2005, 7:24 AM
Yes, MooshyKris, please do! I like to read what other people have to say about their views and opinions! And I won't criticize them either, so don't worry! :)

wayc
23rd January 2005, 4:05 AM
I still can't believe Ash would leave so soon after Latias lost her brother... Ash was comforting her and she looked so sad but glad to have him there by her side. The very next scene, he's packed and ready to go. Man, what the heck was he thinking?!

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 4:53 AM
I still can't believe Ash would leave so soon after Latias lost her brother... Ash was comforting her and she looked so sad but glad to have him there by her side. The very next scene, he's packed and ready to go. Man, what the heck was he thinking?!

I think, like we said before, that staying would ruin his plans of becoming a Pokemon master.

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 5:06 AM
*Is still crying for Latias* Why, Ash?! *Shakes him (violently)* You should know better than to leave Latias in her sorrow!! >=/

... Whew, glad that's off my chest! ^^; Sorry about that, though. I'm just frustrated that Ash would leave Latias so soon after what happened...

It was surprising that Latias still had the same cheery mood after all those events had taken place. Maybe she doesn't feel as depressed as she should be, since she's such a pure-hearted Pokemon with so much hope.

I think Latias loved Ash so much that when he starts to leave she only wanted the best for him, which is for him to become a Pokemon Master. =*( *Cries again*

That's it! I've had enough! I'm going to start a fanfic! It may be short (and may take a while), but at least it'll keep my spirits up!! :)

wayc
23rd January 2005, 5:31 AM
I think Latias loved Ash so much that when he starts to leave she only wanted the best for him, which is for him to become a Pokemon Master. =*( *Cries again*
I suppose you're right. ;_; I think she should have went with him though... I don't see how he can be a true Pokémon master without having the very Pokémon his heart belongs to by his side. *sigh*

Heracross
23rd January 2005, 6:38 AM
Well, you know what they say: Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 7:04 AM
Well, you know what they say: Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. :) I bet Latias had very passionate dreams about Ash while he's away. ;) Or maybe Ash had those same dreams about Latias, too! :D

wayc
23rd January 2005, 7:36 AM
Maybe they were even convergent dreams, and they had them together! Oh my gosh! That would be so cool... Latias has psychic capabilities, right? I bet she could tap into his dreams and be with him there! :D

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 7:45 AM
Gyaah, I forgot Latias was psychic for a moment! *Smacks forehead* Wow, having convergent dreams together! ^_^ Maybe they could even communicate that way, and they could have all the romantic moments they want together! Heeee!

wayc
23rd January 2005, 7:52 AM
Yeah, maybe she even locked her mind into his mind when they did that sight sharing thing, so now she'll always know where to find her Ash... it could be that now wasn't the best time for them to be together in any other medium but their dreams. However, the Secret Garden will always be waiting...

I guess it's kind of stalkerish, but still too kawaii! ^^

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 8:08 AM
I don't think Ash would mind if Latias were to "stalk" him. Instead, I think he would be very pleased! Just for Latias to communicate to him from so far away with determination would make him feel very special and appreciated! ^^

Yes, the Secret Garden will be waiting for Ash to come back for Latias! Just look at the "Secret Garden" lyrics! :D

wayc
23rd January 2005, 8:18 AM
I've memorized the lyrics! XD

I can even play most of the melody on the piano I've heard it so much. Such a great song. It serenades them extremely well.

Wouldn't it be great if they flew away to paradise on invisible wings, talked heart to heart, and all that great stuff? Man... that song gives you a lot of hope. There really is hope for everyone, especially Latias and Ash. No doubts... only true love.

Remember the part of the song that says "Some day our dreams will come true"? Maybe my theory was more right than we could have ever imagined. :D This is a stretch, but maybe Madoka can represent the voice Latias would speak to Ash with in their dreams, and that's Latias singing the song to him! ^^

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 8:37 AM
Heehee, a confession: I always look at a song's lyrics carefully and try to associate it with pairings and the like, much like you did, wayc! :)

The "Secret Garden" lyrics just perfectly fit with Latias and Ash, and as I said before: it's their song! =D

Remember the part of the song that says "Some day our dreams will come true"? Maybe my theory was more right than we could have ever imagined. :D This is a stretch, but maybe Madoka can represent the voice Latias would speak to Ash with in their dreams, and that's Latias singing the song to him! ^^
I remember that line, and I loved it! It really backs up that theory of yours, wayc (and mine, too!)! Instead of Latias singing it to Ash, whenever I hear "Secret Garden," I always envision both Latias and Ash singing it to each other! :D

wayc
23rd January 2005, 9:19 AM
Bwahaha. I just had a new thought. :D

How do you think Delia (Ash's mother) will react if he returns to Pallet Town hand in claw with Latias and passionately kissing her? XD

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 9:48 AM

How do you think Delia (Ash's mother) will react if he returns to Pallet Town hand in claw with Latias and passionately kissing her? XD

Hmmmmm... Well I think, of course that she will be shocked at first. But I she will like Latias.

wayc
23rd January 2005, 10:08 AM
I think she would like Latias too... from the very first second. She seems very liberal when it comes to raising her son.

In addition, she always acts a bit distracted. I bet she wouldn't even comment on the fact Ash brought home a Pokémon as his girlfriend, and Ash would spend his time wondering why she hadn't thrown a fit. He'd eventually break down and demand from her an explanation. It would be very funny, except maybe to Latias.

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 10:45 AM
Oh! I forgot to say somthing:

I am starting a whole series of Altoshipping fics called the "Ash and Hydra Series". The name will explain it'self in the first fic.

wayc
23rd January 2005, 12:01 PM
That sounds awesome, MooshyKris! :) Let us know when you make some progress!

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 1:16 PM
Sorry for the double post but I had to say this:

In my shipping fic, Chapter 1 is up!!

Here it is:

The Ash & Hydra Series: #1 Ash & Hydra (http://serebiiforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=1134115#post1134115)

I hope you like it.

AscendingLatios
23rd January 2005, 5:59 PM

Yow, you all are such prolific posters! I can't keep up! :D

I always imagined Deliah would be troubled if Ash brought home Latias as a girlfriend, but would eventually come around. Ash might be concerned about this too, so there would be a period of time where he tries to hide Latias by only having her appear as Bianca when his mom is around. Eventually, of course she finds out, she scolds Ash and tells him he should try hooking up with one of those nice girls he used to travel around with instead because she doesn't want her son to become a pariah in society. There's a rift then between Ash and his mom, but she finally understands their love between one another and maybe shows up at the wedding at the last minute.

OK, so it's a bit of a cliché.... :redface:

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 6:03 PM
Yow, you all are such prolific posters! I can't keep up! :D

I always imagined Deliah would be troubled if Ash brought home Latias as a girlfriend, but would eventually come around. Ash might be concerned about this too, so there would be a period of time where he tries to hide Latias by only having her appear as Bianca when his mom is around. Eventually, of course she finds out, she scolds Ash and tells him he should try hooking up with one of those nice girls he used to travel around with instead because she doesn't want her son to become a pariah in society. There's a rift then between Ash and his mom, but she finally understands their love between one another and maybe shows up at the wedding at the last minute.

OK, so it's a bit of a cliché.... :redface:

I don't know. I bet she would. She is always a worry wart about Ash. (see Movie 2000)

Also, Ascending, I hope you check out my Altoshipping fic. All of you have been waiting for it.

Sumnor
23rd January 2005, 9:29 PM

I never thought about that before! I was too busy thinking about other things to be able to think about Ash's mom and her reactions. Hmmm, I would think that Ash's mom would readily welcome Latias in the family before Ash could get a chance to explain some things to her, much like your views, wayc and MooshyKris! AscendingLatios's view is another possibility, too. =)

Just read MooshyKris's fanfic, and it's very good! Aside from a few things (ones that I stated in my review), it has potential. As always, I'll be waiting for Chapter 2, but don't stress yourself, MooshyKris! :)

Chris-The-Scout
23rd January 2005, 9:36 PM
I never thought about that before! I was too busy thinking about other things to be able to think about Ash's mom and her reactions. Hmmm, I would think that Ash's mom would readily welcome Latias in the family before Ash could get a chance to explain some things to her, much like your views, wayc and MooshyKris! AscendingLatios's view is another possibility, too. =)

Just read MooshyKris's fanfic, and it's very good! Aside from a few things (ones that I stated in my review), it has potential. As always, I'll be waiting for Chapter 2, but don't stress yourself, MooshyKris! :)

Well I won't. The next chapters will be better. I have ideas for them. I really had no idea on what to write on the first chapter.

wayc
24th January 2005, 1:52 AM
I think it played out very nicely. It had a great introduction, and it was great to see Latias and Ash reunite like that. It was sweet. Just write your subsequent chapters, add a little more substance, and you'll have yourself a quality Altoshipping fic there, dude. :)

As for Deliah, I wish we could know for real how she'd react. I think Ash would be a lot more confident with her blessing to date Latias. ^^

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 3:43 AM
Thanks guys for the reviews.

I think it played out very nicely. It had a great introduction, and it was great to see Latias and Ash reunite like that. It was sweet. Just write your subsequent chapters, add a little more substance, and you'll have yourself a quality Altoshipping fic there, dude. :)

As for Deliah, I wish we could know for real how she'd react. I think Ash would be a lot more confident with her blessing to date Latias. ^^

Another problem is: It's my first chapter of my first shipping fic, ever.

wayc
24th January 2005, 4:38 AM
Well, it's very good for your first chapter of your first shipping fic. :) And you're welcome for the review.

Hmmm, what about the movie should we speculate on now? Does anybody think Latias was a little jealous of the close bond Pikachu has with Ash? :D We know that she acknowledged they were very close from the very beginning, and drew a picture of them together at the end.

Sumnor
24th January 2005, 6:18 AM
Wow, MooshyKris, your first shipping fic that's this good? :D

Does anybody think Latias was a little jealous of the close bond Pikachu has with Ash? :D We know that she acknowledged they were very close from the very beginning, and drew a picture of them together at the end.
Maybe Latias was a little jealous, but she never shows it in the movie, at least in my perspective. In my opinion, I think that Latias didn't want the same bond between Pikachu and Ash (a friendship), but wanted her bond with Ash to be on a more romantic level (as lovers!). ;)

Hmm, I don't think that Latias drew that picture in the end. Bianca was the only character who had the artistic ability shown in the movie. Maybe Latias asked Bianca a favor to draw that special bond between Ash and Pikachu so she could show Ash the reason why she loved him: his compassion towards Pokemon. :)

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 6:20 AM
Well, it's very good for your first chapter of your first shipping fic. :) And you're welcome for the review.

Hmmm, what about the movie should we speculate on now? Does anybody think Latias was a little jealous of the close bond Pikachu has with Ash? :D We know that she acknowledged they were very close from the very beginning, and drew a picture of them together at the end.

Why would she be jealous? Ash and Pikachu don't have a romantic relation.

They have a best friend or trainer/Pokemon relationship.

wayc
24th January 2005, 6:25 AM
Maybe Latias was a little jealous, but she never shows it in the movie, at least in my perspective. In my opinion, I think that Latias didn't want the same bond between Pikachu and Ash (a friendship), but wanted her bond with Ash to be on a more romantic level (as lovers!). ;)
I didn't say she had to show it. I just wanted to know what you thought... to get all we can out of this movie, we have to be in their minds. The movie doesn't give us everything.

I know Latias wanted more than what Ash had with Pikachu... remember that time I said "Latias wanted what Pikachu had, but on a much greater level?" Well, there you go.

Hmm, I don't think that Latias drew that picture in the end. Bianca was the only character who had the artistic ability shown in the movie. Maybe Latias asked Bianca a favor to draw that special bond between Ash and Pikachu so she could show Ash the reason why she loved him: his compassion towards Pokemon. :)
I think Latias has just as much artistic talent as Bianca. Just because we see Bianca drawing all the time doesn't mean she didn't mentor Latias... I bet Latias is artistic too -- what else would a lonely Pokémon do out in the Secret Garden all day long? After a while, the options start to become a little dry.

I think that if Bianca had drawn it, Bianca would have given it to Ash herself. She wouldn't ask Latias to do it, because then Latias would feel like a plagiarist giving it to Ash when she couldn't communicate with him. I don't think Bianca could have put that much feeling into that drawing anyway... she just wasn't aware of the bond, nor did she really care.

Why would she be jealous? Ash and Pikachu don't have a romantic relation.

They have a best friend or trainer/Pokemon relationship.
Yeah, but she knew Ash loved Pikachu unconditionally. She wanted to reach that level and transcend it.

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 6:34 AM
I think Latias has just as much artistic talent as Bianca. Just because we see Bianca drawing all the time doesn't mean she didn't mentor Latias... I bet Latias is artistic too -- what else would a lonely Pokémon do out in the Secret Garden all day long? After a while, the options start to become a little dry.

Another thing, because Latias's human form is a "clone" of Biance, wouldn't she have the talent also?

I think that if Bianca had drawn it, Bianca would have given it to Ash herself. She wouldn't ask Latias to do it, because then Latias would feel like a plagiarist giving it to Ash when she couldn't communicate with him.

Yeah, that is another reason that she wouldn't want Biannca to draw it.

I don't think Bianca could have put that much feeling into that drawing anyway... she just wasn't aware of the bond, nor did she really care.

I definatly agree with that. Bianca could care less about Ash & Pikachu. I don't think she even likes Ash and Pikachu as a friend. She was always so stirn and strict. Ash and Bianca's meeting wasn't very pleasent either.

Sumnor
24th January 2005, 7:16 AM
I didn't say she had to show it. I just wanted to know what you thought... to get all we can out of this movie, we have to be in their minds. The movie doesn't give us everything.
Sorry I misinterpreted your question, wayc. :( I don't feel so happy all of a sudden...

Yeah, the movie doesn't give as much information (like I said in an earlier post), but it does give viewers a chance to make up their own interpretations to fill in those story gaps.

I know Latias wanted more than what Ash had with Pikachu... remember that time I said "Latias wanted what Pikachu had, but on a much greater level?" Well, there you go.
Yes, I do recall that, but your question kinda implied that Latias was jealous for the same bond between Ash and Pikachu, so I answered with that in mind. Sorry about that.

It would be a little strange that the movie would imply that Latias is an artist without any explanation, but like what I wrote above... =/

Bianca teaching Latias how to draw is a good possibility, but I think Latias wouldn't stay in the Secret Garden all day long. She could venture out in Altomare (especially since she knew where to go while she was leading Ash back to the water fountain), swim in the canals, flying, eavesdropping on people, talk with the other Pokemon in the Garden, and a lot of other activities. Well, if Latias was ever bored, she could always practice on her artistic skills!

I think that if Bianca had drawn it, Bianca would have given it to Ash herself. She wouldn't ask Latias to do it, because then Latias would feel like a plagiarist giving it to Ash when she couldn't communicate with him. I don't think Bianca could have put that much feeling into that drawing anyway... she just wasn't aware of the bond, nor did she really care.

I definatly agree with that. Bianca could care less about Ash & Pikachu. I don't think she even likes Ash and Pikachu as a friend. She was always so stirn and strict. Ash and Bianca's meeting wasn't very pleasent either.
I don't think Bianca is that cruel. Remember how concerned she was about Latios? Also, she did say sorry to Ash for attacking him, and she was in good terms with Ash and Pikachu after Latias showed just how fond she is with them. =(

Maybe she did want to give the drawing to Ash with Latias beside her and also explain to Ash about the drawing, but Lorenzo did say, "Oh, you're leaving already?" If he didn't know Ash would leave so soon, how could Bianca?

Hope I didn't offend anyone here... As it seems with my last post. *Covers face in shame*

wayc
24th January 2005, 7:34 AM
You're right. She'd have plenty of things to do. I feel stupid.

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 7:41 AM
Sorry, I don't remember that much from the movie. I only watched it 2-3 times. I can't rember much about Bianca ecxept that I hated their meeting.

AscendingLatios
24th January 2005, 7:45 AM
OK, my thoughts on a few topics...

Latias & Pikachu: I don't think there's any jealousy towards Pikachu on her part. If there was, she would have shown it. At the very least she wouldn't have been so friendly with Pikachu by letting him ride her.

Latios & Ash: Latios isn't jealous of Ash. If he were jealous, he wouldn't have shown Ash his sightsharing power and he wouldn't have saved Ash from going in the drink when Latias' attempt at showing Ash the city from up high failed so miserably. :) (Which BTW, is my new favorite "Altoshippy" scene from the movie. So much so I'm trying to create an animated GIF from it for my sig! :D)

However Latios is wayyyyy overprotective of his sister, so much so I think he treats her more like she's his wife than a sibling. But there's nothing actually "going on" between them and in fact I think he's not even aware of how possessive he's become so that's why he doesn't show any signs of jealousy. If he hadn't of died and things continued the way they were for a few more decades, then :cough: things might not be quite so innocent in the future. (Unless he hooked up with Bianca by then. :D)

The gift sketch: I don't think Latias drew it, and I don't really think she can draw. Just because she can take Bianca's form doesn't mean she has her mind and skills. Bianca is the artist in the story and it would make as much sense for Latias to suddenly draw Ash a picture as it would be for Bianca to be the one kissing Ash. :/ I think the explanation of Latias giving Bianca's picture to Ash is easily enough explained by the fact that Bianca didn't know Ash was leaving so suddenly, and Latias knew Bianca wanted Ash to have the picture as a thank-you for helping out; so she simply grabbed it and gave it to him.

wayc
24th January 2005, 7:55 AM
I so totally do not believe that Bianca would draw that picture. It would destroy the whole meaning of it. The stupid dub already ruined the kiss by saying Bianca did it in the Quiz under Special Features... I don't want to buy into any other unnecessary propaganda.

As far as Latios goes... I think he liked Ash and understood what Latias saw in him by the end. The fact that he would be jealous had never come up. Where did you even get that?

I think way too many people misconstrued what I meant about Pikachu and Ash. This thread is turning into a disaster.

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 8:04 AM
I so totally do not believe that Bianca would draw that picture. It would destroy the whole meaning of it. The stupid dub already ruined the kiss by saying Bianca did it in the Quiz under Special Features... I don't want to buy into any other unnecessary propaganda.

I don't even ther beinge a question about the kiss, and as I said before I think that the stubid dub is doing this to pull people to Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping. (Look at all of the hints from Misty and May that "came from dubbing")

I think way too many people misconstrued what I meant about Pikachu and Ash. This thread is turning into a disaster.

Well let's change the subject to save the thread.

Sumnor
24th January 2005, 8:23 AM
Well let's change the subject to save the thread.
Yes, that's the thing we all need. We should refocus on the beauty of the love between Ash and Latias, since this thread is about Altoshipping! ;) Let me start with a fanart I drew during class! :p

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/11477KNn8I/299607.jpg

This pic was inspired by Yu Watase's art on the front cover of volume 1 for the Fushigi Yuugi manga. Just look how Ash is fondly cuddling Latias! Er, pay no attention to the wrong proportions there! ^^;

wayc
24th January 2005, 8:29 AM
Very cute... I wish I could draw like that.

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 8:43 AM

Very Cute! I think you mean The best ^_^!

AscendingLatios
24th January 2005, 8:52 AM
Just look how Ash is fondly cuddling Latias! Er, pay no attention to the wrong proportions there! ^^;

Damn, that's cute! This one is totally awesome, its so real I feel like I could go in and hug the characters myself. :) The proportions look fine, it looks like Ash is sitting down with Latias leaning against his lap!

The fact that he would be jealous had never come up. Where did you even get that?

Um, oops!!! :redface: I could have sworn I read a message a week or so back that someone said they thought Latios was jealous (and they actually used the word "jealous") of Ash, but it must have been in another thread because I just searched this and the "Heroes" movie thread and can't find it! Oh well, another topic briefly discussed. ;)

wayc
24th January 2005, 9:03 AM
The small version of your picture of Latias and Latios in your sig has "Sightshareship" in the URL. Is that the ship between Latias and Latios? O_O; It never occured to me that there could be a ship between those two... it's like that ship between Max and May.

Sumnor
24th January 2005, 9:03 AM
Thank you guys for commenting on my fanart! I'm feeling much better!! ^_^

Well, I did do a lot of erasing. *Sees the little pile of eraser shavings nearby* ^^; But thank you for your compliments!! :)

Very Cute! I think you mean The best ^_^!
Oh, I'm flattered, MooshyKris! *Hugs*

This one is totally awesome, its so real I feel like I could go in and hug the characters myself.
You think it looks real? Wow, another kind comment, thank you! Let's go and join Ash and Latias! *Gets in group hug* :D

wayc
24th January 2005, 9:05 AM
Lol, you're getting too used to writing "wayc" in the quoting boxes.

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 9:13 AM
Who me? Well you say some of the most intresting stuff.

wayc
24th January 2005, 9:16 AM
Thanks for the compliment... but no, never mind.

AscendingLatios
24th January 2005, 9:21 AM
The small version of your picture of Latias and Latios in your sig has "Sightshareship" in the URL.

Hee! I was wondering when someone would notice what I named that file! :D My first post ever to the forums was names for a few 'ships I had thought possible, and Sightshareshipping was one of them. :)

BTW: Did you notice that you can click on the picture and get a full-sized version? :)

Is that the ship between Latias and Latios? O_O; It never occured to me that there could be a ship between those two... it's like that ship between Max and May.

That's what it is. I don't think anything is actually happening, (No "Flowers in the Garden", so to speak...) but since I have stated to friends I support all ships (including PetalburgShipping), I have to put my money where my mouth is admit its possible, since PetalburgShipping is probably less likely than Sightshareshipping under the circumstances. :) It crossed my mind since they seemed really close for brother and sister, and if there hadn't been mention of them being siblings in the legend and if Latias hadn't of gotten all shippy with Ash I would have just assumed they were a couple in the movie! It's fun thinking that Latios wasn't a 100% perfect character and maybe had some loneliness issues he wasn't aware of. I like characters better when they have a bit of a dark aspect to them.

Latias has her imperfections too: She's totally wimpy (and maybe even spoiled!) until she meets Ash! (Probably the result of her overprotective brother.) And we could fill a book listing Ash's imperfections... ;)

wayc
24th January 2005, 9:28 AM
Lol, that post was very funny. You bashed Latias and Ash so randomly.

I can agree with much of what you said though. Ash needs to learn what it means to settle down... and Latias, well, she just needs to settle down. XD

Chris-The-Scout
24th January 2005, 10:05 AM
Hee! I was wondering when someone would notice what I named that file! :D My first post ever to the forums was names for a few 'ships I had thought possible, and Sightshareshipping was one of them. :)

BTW: Did you notice that you can click on the picture and get a full-sized version? :)

That's what it is. I don't think anything is actually happening, (No "Flowers in the Garden", so to speak...) but since I have stated to friends I support all ships (including PetalburgShipping), I have to put my money where my mouth is admit its possible, since PetalburgShipping is probably less likely than Sightshareshipping under the circumstances. :) It crossed my mind since they seemed really close for brother and sister, and if there hadn't been mention of them being siblings in the legend and if Latias hadn't of gotten all shippy with Ash I would have just assumed they were a couple in the movie! It's fun thinking that Latios wasn't a 100% perfect character and maybe had some loneliness issues he wasn't aware of. I like characters better when they have a bit of a dark aspect to them.

Latias has her imperfections too: She's totally wimpy (and maybe even spoiled!) until she meets Ash! (Probably the result of her overprotective brother.) And we could fill a book listing Ash's imperfections... ;)

Also you have to remember that Pokemon are animals. If there wasn't Ash, Latiaas would have to go with Latios to be able to have kids and continue the family line of the Protectors of Altomare.

wayc
24th January 2005, 10:12 AM
Also you have to remember that Pokemon are animals. If there wasn't Ash, Latiaas would have to go with Latios to be able to have kids and continue the family line of the Protectors of Altomare.
Pokemon aren't animals... they're monsters. Monsters are sentient. That's the difference. However, you're right about one thing. Biologically, Latias would have to rely on a Latios in order to bear children, unless her human form makes her genetically compatible with Ash. That's still debatable. But there are well more than one other Latios on the planet... if she really loved her brother like that, I wouldn't try and stop it. But it's generally not a good idea to imbreed for survival when it's not absolutely necessary.

Chris-The-Scout
25th January 2005, 8:18 AM
Yeah I guess they are monsters.

Heracross
25th January 2005, 10:21 PM
Actually, there are many more Lati@s than just the two we see in the movie, so they wouldn't have to rely on each other to reproduce.>_>; Although I can see why you'd think that because if you've never seen the original then you wouldn't have known about all the Lati@s in the intro. And actually even without the intro, you can still see that the ones at the end of the movie.;)

Sumnor
26th January 2005, 9:14 AM
Actually, there are many more Lati@s than just the two we see in the movie, so they wouldn't have to rely on each other to reproduce.>_>; Although I can see why you'd think that because if you've never seen the original then you wouldn't have known about all the Lati@s in the intro. And actually even without the intro, you can still see that the ones at the end of the movie.;)
Heh, I was about to write the same thing, Heracross, but I see that you could explain this better than me! :D

Well, I was scrummaging through the General Shipping Picture thread, and I found some crazy-cool Altoshipping fanart! These pics have more color and are better-looking than my own drawings, in my opinion. ^^; I'll post them one at a time so we'll be able to enjoy and discuss about each one!

http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~rocky-t/satoshi.JPG
I love the lighting, and of course Ash's surprised face!

Chris-The-Scout
26th January 2005, 9:27 AM
Heh, I was about to write the same thing, Heracross, but I see that you could explain this better than me! :D

Well, I was scrummaging through the General Shipping Picture thread, and I found some crazy-cool Altoshipping fanart! These pics have more color and are better-looking than my own drawings, in my opinion. ^^; I'll post them one at a time so we'll be able to enjoy and discuss about each one!

http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~rocky-t/satoshi.JPG
I love the lighting, and of course Ash's surprised face!

Cool, I asked if they had some there, even before I started this thread, but no one answered.

Sumnor
26th January 2005, 9:55 AM
Cool, I asked if they had some there, even before I started this thread, but no one answered.
Yeah, I saw your post while I was searching. :( I feel bad about it. I was really hoping that someone would reply to your post with a nice Altoshipping pic for you...

Chris-The-Scout
26th January 2005, 2:55 PM
Yeah, a lot of people said that it was Ash/Bianca too.

Sumnor
28th January 2005, 9:01 AM
Sorry to double post but, where is everybody? Did you guys abandon me?
You can always edit your last post to avoid any trouble, MooshyKris.

I would never abandon anyone! That's too mean. Yeah, I was wondering where everybody else is. I want them to look at all the Altoshipping fanart I'm going to post... :(

Vermilion
28th January 2005, 5:04 PM
Altoshipping is my favourite ship, mind if i join your conversation?

Chris-The-Scout
28th January 2005, 7:48 PM

Sure you can join.

Sumnor
29th January 2005, 12:21 AM
Of course you can, everyone is welcome here (except trouble-makers, of course)! There seems to be less activity around here, so it's great to have someone new here to bring some excitement in this thread (although you're not necessarily new here since I remember that one post you submitted... ^^; ) :)

Let's continue our conversation with the last pic I posted. Any thoughts, opinions, etc.? ;)

AscendingLatios
29th January 2005, 6:37 AM
Let's continue our conversation with the last pic I posted. Any thoughts, opinions, etc.? ;)

Well, I liked it so much I took out the notebook lines since it already looks so much like a piece of professional artwork:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/PictCollector/Altohug.jpg

Hope you don't mind. :)

Sumnor
29th January 2005, 8:41 AM
Well, I liked it so much I took out the notebook lines since it already looks so much like a piece of professional artwork:

Well, AscendingLatios, that wasn't the pic I was referring to, but I absolutely loved what you did! It looks like I never drew that pic in my chemistry notebook! ^^; So many computer-talented Altoshippers here (me not included!)!! :)

Murgatroyd
29th January 2005, 9:00 AM

How did you remove those lines? Is there an easy way using some modern image editing software I don't have? Anyway, I love the output, except for one little technical issue. The visual artifacts from compression and recompression have reached a distracting level. And so, I have produced my own slightly modified version based on yours.
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/altohug2.jpg

Chris-The-Scout
29th January 2005, 10:04 AM
How did you remove those lines? Is there an easy way using some modern image editing software I don't have? Anyway, I love the output, except for one little technical issue. The visual artifacts from compression and recompression have reached a distracting level. And so, I have produced my own slightly modified version based on yours.
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/altohug2.jpg

I don't mean any insult, but, what is the difference?

Murgatroyd
29th January 2005, 10:39 AM
The difference is not apparent at all unless you look at both pictures side by side. If you take a JPEG image, apply filters (such as removing lines and lightening the image), and save the picture again as JPEG, you tend to get visible pixellation, patterns of light and dark where there should be an even tone, that sort of thing. A lot of people don't seem to notice it at all, but that was the first thing I noticed in AscendingLatios's version. I just applied a little trick I've found to remove the artifacts, with no worse side effects than a very slight increase in blurriness.

AscendingLatios
29th January 2005, 6:27 PM
How did you remove those lines? Is there an easy way using some modern image editing software I don't have?Its just the same old clone/stamp tool in The Gimp or Photoshop. The only special thing I did was make sure the source image section was real close to the actual line being erased, and I used one of the brushes that fades around the edges, and the brush size is about the size of the line. Other than that just drag the mouse straight across each line, re-registering the source image section as needed. (Especially when going between paper and drawn sections.) Lots of use of undo every time I made a mistake and have to redo it. Took about a half-hour to go over the whole image. There was enough JPEG artifacting in the original image that I could get away without being too exact. (If you look closely, parts of some of the lines are still there. The only other thing I did was make the image lighter and up the contrast.

The visual artifacts from compression and recompression have reached a distracting level.I saved the finished piece as a PNG image, which is only 221K. But that is still 21K over what Photobucket allows with their free accounts. I was concerned that saving it as a JPEG would mess it up, though to be honest after saving it again as a JPEG I looked compared the two and couldn't tell the difference in the amount of artifacting going on, so I just uploaded the new JPEG. Guess my eyes aren't too good anymore. :)

Well, AscendingLatios, that wasn't the pic I was referring toOH, that pic! When you said "posted" I read that for some reason as the last one you had drawn! :)

I like the artistic quality of that pic, but since its just a reinterpretation of the kissing scene in the movie it didn't show anything new. I want Altoshipping pics of new scenes! :D

So many computer-talented Altoshippers here (me not included!)!!Well, you must know something since you knew how to get it into the computer. :)

Sumnor
29th January 2005, 8:31 PM
Well, you must know something since you knew how to get it into the computer. :)
Oh, yes. Well, I would have never been able to put my pics on the computer if it weren't for wayc! :) I thank him very much, wherever he is... :(

To add to my lack of computer knowledge, I have no idea what Murgatroyd and you were just saying! ^^;

OH, that pic! When you said "posted" I read that for some reason as the last one you had drawn! :)
It's alright, I still enjoy any new comments about my drawings, even if they were posted some time ago!

I like the artistic quality of that pic, but since its just a reinterpretation of the kissing scene in the movie it didn't show anything new. I want Altoshipping pics of new scenes!
I really liked the lighting in that pic! Hmmm, since people aren't as impressed with that pic as I thought :(, here's another Altoshipping fanart:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/11477KNn8I/299480.jpg

I just hope that's Latias there (and with the following pics)... Anyways, I love the coloring! So cute!! ^_^

Heracross
29th January 2005, 8:44 PM
Wow, that's a really nice picture. Where did you find that? I've looked for pics before, but it's difficult to find fan art like that.

Sumnor
29th January 2005, 8:56 PM
Wow, that's a really nice picture. Where did you find that? I've looked for pics before, but it's difficult to find fan art like that.
I found that pic in the General Shipping thread here at Serebii. Other than searching there, it was tough to find any other Altoshipping fanart elsewhere... :(

AscendingLatios
30th January 2005, 1:21 AM
I just hope that's Latias there (and with the following pics)... Anyways, I love the coloring! So cute!! ^_^Yeah, that's more like it! :D I like the coloring too. It looks like pastels on some heavily textured paper. I think it is Latias though: Check out her hair sticking up on the right. In the movie Bianca and Latias-as-Bianca have those tufts coming to a triple-point (kind of like how it is on the left hand side tuft, partially hidden by Ash's hair). But in this drawing that right side tuft looks exactly like one of Latias' wings - a subtle hint that it's supposed to be Latias and not Bianca.

it was tough to find any other Altoshipping fanart elsewhere... Heh, I guess we will have have to make it ourselves, then! ;)

Sumnor
30th January 2005, 2:23 AM
Yeah, that's more like it! :D I like the coloring too. It looks like pastels on some heavily textured paper. I think it is Latias though: Check out her hair sticking up on the right. In the movie Bianca and Latias-as-Bianca have those tufts coming to a triple-point (kind of like how it is on the left hand side tuft, partially hidden by Ash's hair). But in this drawing that right side tuft looks exactly like one of Latias' wings - a subtle hint that it's supposed to be Latias and not Bianca.
Why thank you, AscendingLatios! ^^ The coloring gives this pic a soft and subtle feeling! *Feels the warmth of the pic* :D

Scary coincidence is that I thought the exact same thing about Latias' wings and her hair, too! :O The first time I glanced at that pic, I saw how the artist drew the hair differently than the movie. Heh, even I drew her hair like that the first time I was acquianted to Altoshipping! ;)

Anyways, after exploring Japanese websites, I found even more Altoshipping fanart! Hooray! :D They're drawn from some of the same artists that I found in the General Shipping thread, and I can tell you that the girl above is Latias! ;)

Heh, I guess we will have have to make it ourselves, then! ;)
That's an option that I'm looking forward to, too! ^_^

gonbemaster
30th January 2005, 3:51 AM
Wazzup!!! I haven't been here in a long time. I was thinking about making a Altoshipping fic and putting people in it. The catch is I want to put Altoshippers in it. Does anyone want to be in the fic? If you want to be in it tell me and tell me your age, gender, personality, etc. Just wondering if anyone wanted to be in it. It would be kinda boring just putting them in it alone and not have any friends backing them up, stalking, making fun of them, etc. Anyone interested?

wayc
30th January 2005, 6:09 AM
Hmmm, I'm definitely interested.

Hair: Really long and blonde.
Glasses: Yes
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 124 lbs.
Personality: I'm really nice and compassionate. Sometimes I have mood issues and am quick to anger, but when I need to cool down I disappear for a while and try to resolve things without making it worse. I like to make new friends and I love to have fun.
Blood Type: O Negative
Species: Human
Planet of Residence: Earth

Is that enough information? :P

Sumnor
30th January 2005, 6:49 AM
Welcome back, gonbemaster and wayc!! It's great to have you guys here!

Oooh, an Altoshipping fanfic with a twist? I'm in! ;) Hmmm, let's see:

Personality: This is a toughie, let's see... I enjoy people's company, hate turning people down, and I like to be in high-spirits!

Hopefully that's enough info for your fanfic, gonbemaster. :)

gonbemaster
30th January 2005, 8:01 PM
Thanks wayc, and sumnor. Sorry I wasn't clear enough about the questions. But you'll be in the fic. I'm going to pm you some more questions. Just about certains traits you might have.

Vermilion
30th January 2005, 9:59 PM
Anyone know any good altoshipping fics? i like reading fanfics ^^

gonbemaster
30th January 2005, 10:17 PM
The newest one by mooshykris. And I'm writing a fic and I'm putting Altoshippers in the fic.

Chris-The-Scout
30th January 2005, 10:39 PM
The newest one by mooshykris. And I'm writing a fic and I'm putting Altoshippers in the fic.

Thanks for mentioning my fic.

Also,

PM me the questions for the fic.

One more thing:

THIS IS OUR 200TH POST!!!

wayc
30th January 2005, 10:50 PM
Hooray for the 200th post! :D *breaks out the sparkling ciders and Latias/Ash shaped confetti and noisemakers*

I've replied to your PM, gonbemaster. :)

Sumnor
30th January 2005, 11:42 PM
Woohooo!! 200 posts already? :D *Dances and throws wayc's confetti everywhere* ^^

Let me celebrate with another Altoshipping fanart (made by the same artist of the last pic)!:

http://motigashi.fc2web.com/amadango/poke3.jpg

They look so sweet together!! ^_^

Hope you can read my PM soon, gonbemaster!

Chris-The-Scout
31st January 2005, 12:36 AM
Woohooo!! 200 posts already? :D *Dances and throws wayc's confetti everywhere* ^^

Let me celebrate with another Altoshipping fanart (made by the same artist of the last pic)!:

http://motigashi.fc2web.com/amadango/poke3.jpg

They look so sweet together!! ^_^

Hope you can read my PM soon, gonbemaster!

I like it.

gonbemaster
31st January 2005, 3:26 AM
Yep, I've replied to almost everyone's pm. I sent a pm to you mooshykris. Please be more clear on some of them.

Kamairie
31st January 2005, 5:53 AM
I saw the 5th movie yesterday, treat it was. ^^ I would rather have Ash pair up with like Latias rather than anyone else for some odd reason which I would not know of . . . >_> Even though Latias is a Pokemon. XD It is kinda of different this time, with Latias looking exactly the same as Bianca. But I'm convinced she likes Ash because of the kiss on the cheek before he left, and the picture she gave him. That was Latias, right? O.O;

AscendingLatios
31st January 2005, 7:13 AM
That was Latias, right? O.O;Well, most if not all of us here think so! ;)

Anyways, after exploring Japanese websites, I found even more Altoshipping fanart! Hooray! They're drawn from some of the same artists that I found in the General Shipping thread, and I can tell you that the girl above is Latias!Cool! And I like the new picture, too! I think that's watercolor paint, but I'm not positive. So, what search terms are you using to find all these pictures so we can start looking, too! :)

wayc
31st January 2005, 8:19 AM
Hello, Kamairie. I'm glad you like Altoshipping -- it's so great when we get new recruits. Hehehe.

As far as Altoshipping goes, I really need to learn how to draw Ash. I was going to have him hugging Latias in my sig banner, but I couldn't pull it off. I'm getting really sick of fanart where Latias is hiding in Bianca's form. It's just not her... we must make fanart that celebrates the true love of Latias and Ash! X_X *spasm*

Yes... must practice. *rushes off*

Chris-The-Scout
31st January 2005, 8:40 AM
Hello, Kamairie. I'm glad you like Altoshipping -- it's so great when we get new recruits. Hehehe.

As far as Altoshipping goes, I really need to learn how to draw Ash. I was going to have him hugging Latias in my sig banner, but I couldn't pull it off. I'm getting really sick of fanart where Latias is hiding in Bianca's form. It's just not her... we must make fanart that celebrates the true love of Latias and Ash! X_X *spasm*

Yes... must practice. *rushes off*

Also, we should give her a unique human form.

Vermilion
31st January 2005, 5:31 PM
yes we should, with different clothes i think ^^

wayc
31st January 2005, 11:06 PM
And different hair... please. XD It should be red. :D That would be cool.

gonbemaster
1st February 2005, 2:37 AM
Yay! Kamairie! You like Altoshipping! Well, I'm still wondering if anyone else wants to be in my upcoming Altoshipping fic. Here is the title The Chronicals of Lay.

Kamairie
1st February 2005, 6:04 AM
Yay! Kamairie! You like Altoshipping! Well, I'm still wondering if anyone else wants to be in my upcoming Altoshipping fic. Here is the title The Chronicals of Lay.
Yeah, kinda. I definitely like it better than ships like Advanceshipping etc. <_< >_> <_< There are no Advanceshippers here, are there? O_O; You make new fic? XD You remind me of Kanta!

I'm getting really sick of fanart where Latias is hiding in Bianca's form. It's just not her... we must make fanart that celebrates the true love of Latias and Ash! X_X *spasm*
Mwahahahah!!! >=D I am given inspiration! *runs off to draw*

Chris-The-Scout
1st February 2005, 7:13 AM
Well just because I mainly support Altoshipping dosn't mean I don't think there is anything wrong with Advanceshipping.

Sumnor
1st February 2005, 9:35 AM
Welcome, Kamairie! Hope you'll enjoy being here!

It is kinda of different this time, with Latias looking exactly the same as Bianca. But I'm convinced she likes Ash because of the kiss on the cheek before he left, and the picture she gave him. That was Latias, right? O.O;
Sorry about that, Kamairie. I didn't mean to confuse anyone with me posting those pretty pieces of fanart. ^^;

I'm getting really sick of fanart where Latias is hiding in Bianca's form. It's just not her... we must make fanart that celebrates the true love of Latias and Ash! X_X *spasm*

Mwahahahah!!! >=D I am given inspiration! *runs off to draw*
Sorry again, here. Will this cheer you guys a little?:

http://motigashi.fc2web.com/amadango/kiri1.jpg

Aaaaawww!! Well, this is the last Altoshipping pic by the same artist of the last ones I posted. I'll be waiting patiently until s/he (I'm positive it's a she...) starts making more! =)

I'm looking forward to your fanart, Kamairie and wayc! I'm sure they're going to be great works of art! :)

Cool! And I like the new picture, too! I think that's watercolor paint, but I'm not positive. So, what search terms are you using to find all these pictures so we can start looking, too! :)
Thanks for the input, AscendingLatios! Searching for the pics wasn't much, but I go to the "Properties" of the pic by right-clicking it, copy the URL, and then edit it so I could go to the main site. Sorry I couldn't provide any concrete way of finding Altoshipping fanart. :(

Also, we should give her a unique human form.
yes we should, with different clothes i think ^^
And different hair... please. XD It should be red. :D That would be cool!
Wow, I just finished creating one just around the end of last year! May I share my version of Latias' human form with you guys?:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/11477KNn8I/289245.jpg

Hope you guys liked it!

Chris-The-Scout
1st February 2005, 9:38 AM
Wow, I just finished creating one just around the end of last year! May I share my version of Latias' human form with you guys?:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/11477KNn8I/289245.jpg

Hope you guys liked it!

I like that human form for Latias.

Murgatroyd
1st February 2005, 10:05 AM
I like it. The fingertips do look a bit weird, though.

wayc
1st February 2005, 2:19 PM
I saw it a while ago. They looked like claws to me, as if she had retained them from her true form... I never thought to verify it.

gonbemaster
2nd February 2005, 12:03 AM
I like the pic Sumnor. I'm asking again.

Does anyone want to be in the new Altoshipping fic I'm making? Just give me your age, a little bit about yourself, and tell me you want to be in the fic. And I'll pm you the questions.

Chris-The-Scout
2nd February 2005, 12:11 AM
I like the pic Sumnor. I'm asking again.

Does anyone want to be in the new Altoshipping fic I'm making? Just give me your age, a little bit about yourself, and tell me you want to be in the fic. And I'll pm you the questions.

I would just close the fic entries, but I would consider asking Murgatroyd first.

Sumnor
2nd February 2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your comments, guys. Well, Murgatroyd and wayc, I have a little confession to make. Part of the reason why Latias' hands are like that was because of my frustrations and laziness... heh.... When I was trying to draw her hands, I was always making mistakes and had to keep on erasing, drawing, erasing, drawing, and so on until I saw how the eraser was digging in to the paper. I was pretty tired then, too, so I just gave up and drew the fingertips that way. :p But I liked wayc's explanation much better! ^^;

gonbemaster
2nd February 2005, 2:54 AM
Okay, I'll ask them.

Murgatroyd
2nd February 2005, 9:18 AM
And, after a little work, here's a colored version of that pic:
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/laticolored.jpg

wayc
2nd February 2005, 12:22 PM
Oh, wow!!! Murgatroyd, that looks amazing! Nice coloring! ^^ I love the colors you used on her outfit and bracelets. Very nice.

Sumnor
3rd February 2005, 12:21 AM
*Mouth gapes open* O_O Whoa... it's in color! *Stares again* It looks wonderful! Thanks, Murgatroyd, for taking the time to do this (even if this computer effect might be a really basic tool, which is something that I wouldn't know about anyways ^^; )! *Hugs* :)

Scary thing is, I pictured practically the same colorings as you did, Murgatroyd! The only difference was that I had Latias' brown hair get a hint of a darker shade of red and the wristbands having a red color instead of a blue one. Regardless of that, I still love what you did!

Man, I feel honored. From wayc helping me get my pics on the computer, AscendingLatios and Murgatroyd sprucing them up, and all the positive comments from everyone else... I give all of you guys my biggest thanks! ^_^

gonbemaster
3rd February 2005, 4:05 AM
Wow, nice pic Murgatroyd. Well, so you're not going to be in the fic. O.K., still sorry for bothering you. And now I close the thing for letting anymore Altoshippers in. Now I begin on my fic.

Chris-The-Scout
3rd February 2005, 4:19 AM
Murgatroyd! I love that color version of Latias' new human form!

Blazing Blaziken
3rd February 2005, 7:15 AM
Cool, I didn't know there was an Altoshipping club! Can i join? And Latias in her new human form is awesome!

Chris-The-Scout
3rd February 2005, 9:06 AM
Cool, I didn't know there was an Altoshipping club! Can i join? And Latias in her new human form is awesome!

Sure you can join.

Let's see now we have 8 members!

gonbemaster
3rd February 2005, 10:47 PM
Yay! Someone new. Welcome Blazing Blaziken. Mooshykris, when are you going to update your Altoshipping fic?

Sumnor
4th February 2005, 6:27 AM
Hello, Blazing Blaziken!! Thanks for that nice comment about my drawing! ^^ Well, this isn't a club, just a thread, so we really can't let you join... but you're more than welcome to post here!

Urm, here's a fanart!:

http://mylife.easter.ne.jp/LOVE-T/ani-illust/sr001-0.jpg

O_O Ash... looks... FINE!! ^_~
Hmm, don't know what Latias is doing... and apparently there's that same kind of gesture in another Altoshipping fanart this artist drew. o_O

Blazing Blaziken
4th February 2005, 7:06 AM
Where do you find those pics? It's really hard to find Altoshipping pics. And how did you draw your Latias pic, Sumnor? I really like how you did it. Oh...and sorry about saying this was a club, I kinda get confused with stuff like that.

wayc
4th February 2005, 9:59 AM
We should start a club. That would be fun -- maybe get us out of the rut we're in. We could like make a website, make banners to show off and put in our sig to link to the site, make a registration sheet, write pages of speculation on the characters involved... write fics... roleplay... who knows. Just an idea to throw out there.

Okay, so has anybody had any Altoshippy dreams, or at least ones that have involved Latias?

I remember dreaming about something last May where Ash was back in the Secret Garden. It was much bigger and more mystical. He didn't have Latias to follow anymore... and he was much older. Well, there was this huge downhill staircase made entirely of beautiful engraved stone, and Ash was so fed up with being lost that he jumped down the whole mile-long staircase, and almost flew on invisible wings for a while. When he got down at the bottom he read about the legacy of Latias and her daughter Latiasette, and he even found a placard about the next generation, Latiasettette. X_X; And then I woke up, raised my eyebrow, and shook my head bemusedly.

My second Latias dream was last August and even more strange. I might have been Ash and I was doing a bunch of stuff with like Misty and Brock and people from my own waking life... and they were all bragging about how they were on some big journey to get some wonderful ice-cream in Altomare. And I remember having Latias on my mind the whole time, and she seemed like the ultimate goal -- as if I just HAD to meet her.

All anyone seemed to care about though was some defunct raceway and overpriced ice-cream with strange flavor varieties that would probably only make sense in a dream. Well, I got separated from them and visited a bunch of weird places and felt so lost and alone... I think I ended up falling into a pit and seeing a familiar swingset off the horizon. I dug my way out managed to follow it and see some huge jet-shaped shadow coming off a tree, and then I woke up in a sweat.

That's all I've got.

gonbemaster
4th February 2005, 2:07 PM
Wow, that pic is awesome. I think latias is sucking Ash's finger? Ash looks a lot taller than latias.

Sumnor
4th February 2005, 7:44 PM
We should start a club. That would be fun -- maybe get us out of the rut we're in. We could like make a website, make banners to show off and put in our sig to link to the site, make a registration sheet, write pages of speculation on the characters involved... write fics... roleplay... who knows. Just an idea to throw out there.
Oooh, that sounds fun! I hope we can do that someday! :D

Altoshippy dreams? Nope, I haven't had one yet, unfortunately. :( But I liked your, uh, interesting dreams, wayc! ^^;

Where do you find those pics? It's really hard to find Altoshipping pics. And how did you draw your Latias pic, Sumnor? I really like how you did it.
Well, just a couple of posts back I explained how I found these pics in the General Shipping Picture thread, and then copied the pics' URLs to get to the main sites. That's how I found a few more Altoshipping pics.

How I drew my Latias pic? Er, I just drew it as it is, plus a lot of erasing. I didn't use any spheres, cubes, and other necessary methods for most of my artwork, even though I should... but don't follow my example! I am an amateur, after all. ^^;

Chris-The-Scout
4th February 2005, 7:59 PM
I like thhe pic.

Okay, so has anybody had any Altoshippy dreams, or at least ones that have involved Latias?

I remember dreaming about something last May where Ash was back in the Secret Garden. It was much bigger and more mystical. He didn't have Latias to follow anymore... and he was much older. Well, there was this huge downhill staircase made entirely of beautiful engraved stone, and Ash was so fed up with being lost that he jumped down the whole mile-long staircase, and almost flew on invisible wings for a while. When he got down at the bottom he read about the legacy of Latias and her daughter Latiasette, and he even found a placard about the next generation, Latiasettette. X_X; And then I woke up, raised my eyebrow, and shook my head bemusedly.

My second Latias dream was last August and even more strange. I might have been Ash and I was doing a bunch of stuff with like Misty and Brock and people from my own waking life... and they were all bragging about how they were on some big journey to get some wonderful ice-cream in Altomare. And I remember having Latias on my mind the whole time, and she seemed like the ultimate goal -- as if I just HAD to meet her.

All anyone seemed to care about though was some defunct raceway and overpriced ice-cream with strange flavor varieties that would probably only make sense in a dream. Well, I got separated from them and visited a bunch of weird places and felt so lost and alone... I think I ended up falling into a pit and seeing a familiar swingset off the horizon. I dug my way out managed to follow it and see some huge jet-shaped shadow coming off a tree, and then I woke up in a sweat.

That's all I've got.

Good idea!

I have a question:

Who wants to ask Jasmine about a Altoshipping Club.

Anyways, I can make a Altoshipping site.

gonbemaster
4th February 2005, 8:01 PM
I will, I'll go do it right now.

Sumnor
4th February 2005, 8:08 PM
I will, I'll go do it right now.
W-Wait! There's something you should know!:

Because we DO have a Shipping Forum, there isn't a need of a specific Shipping Club in the Clubs section, since they prove to be duplicates, of which the general rules doesn't allow it. And it's pointless.
Got this from the Club Approval rules in the Club section. I too thought of having an Altoshipping club there, but I read the rules, so yeah... :(

Chris-The-Scout
4th February 2005, 8:10 PM
W-Wait! There's something you should know!:

Got this from the Club Approval rules in the Club section. I too thought of having an Altoshipping club there, but I read the rules, so yeah... :(

I read them too. But someone has a "Ash & May" (Advanceshippimg) Club.

nicoleb
5th February 2005, 2:03 AM
I've been a fan of Alto Shipping ever since I saw the 5th movie. I've always hated Ash+May and Ash+Misty shipping (more than anything O_o;;), and I was beginning to wonder if there would ever be a girl for Ash. Latias and Ash shipping makes a lot of sence! ^O^

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/?action=view&current=Altoshipping-1.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/?action=view&current=Altoshipping-2.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/?action=view&current=Altoshipping-3.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/?action=view&current=Altoshipping-4.bmp

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/?action=view&current=Altoshipping-5.bmp

I thought it was really sad how Latios died, though. *Cries* Still... Ya' gotta' kill off something sometimes. The whole "I thought you were dead!" thing was getting really old... ^^

Chris-The-Scout
5th February 2005, 4:18 AM
Welcome Nicoleb.

gonbemaster
5th February 2005, 4:23 AM
Welcome, I like the pics. They were from the movie. I guess they had to kill off someone.

nicoleb
5th February 2005, 4:35 AM
Thanks, guys! ^^

Sumnor
5th February 2005, 5:54 AM
Hello, nicoleb! I'm glad that you think Latias is perfect for Ash! ^^ I like the pics you posted. Did you take them yourself?

I know it was sad that Latios died, but let's not get off-topic here! ^^; You can always discuss this in the movie thread, just so you guys know! :)

I'd like to post another Altoshipping fanart from the same artist as the last one:

http://mylife.easter.ne.jp/LOVE-T/rakugaki/fax41.jpg

I like the artist's drawing ablilities, but I have no idea what's going on in that pic! Apparently, it's Ash's turn to have a finger near his mouth... o_O;

nicoleb
5th February 2005, 6:00 AM
Hello, nicoleb! I'm glad that you think Latias is perfect for Ash! ^^ I like the pics you posted. Did you take them yourself?

I know it was sad that Latios died, but let's not get off-topic here! ^^; You can always discuss this in the movie thread, just so you guys know! :)

I'd like to post another Altoshipping fanart from the same artist as the last one:

http://mylife.easter.ne.jp/LOVE-T/rakugaki/fax41.jpg

I like the artist's drawing ablilities, but I have no idea what's going on in that pic! Apparently, it's Ash's turn to have a finger near his mouth... o_O;
Okay. ^_^ I just saw those pics through google and thought; "they're cute!" ^^

That pic's pretty good! O_O Who draw it?

gonbemaster
5th February 2005, 6:02 AM
I like the pic. I think latias is just feeding Ash or something like that.

Chris-The-Scout
5th February 2005, 6:03 AM
Okay. ^_^ I just saw those pics through google and thought; "they're cute!" ^^

That pic's pretty good! O_O Who draw it?

Someone from a japanese website.

nicoleb
5th February 2005, 9:53 AM
Someone from a japanese website.
Cool! Nippon Mono-tachi Anime no Ii! ^_^

Anyways, I got some more pics of Ash+Latias through google-search. Enjoy ^_^:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/I_live_to_serve/

I won't bother using direct links. They're vertally the last ones in the album. For now... *Evil Music* ^^

gonbemaster
5th February 2005, 8:11 PM
Huh? Japan something something of anime?

What are you saying?
Oh well, I like the pics.

nicoleb
5th February 2005, 11:29 PM
Huh? Japan something something of anime?

What are you saying?
Oh well, I like the pics.
Well. ^_^ As you may be presently awhere, my Japanese sucks. ^_^ I really have to learn more. "Mono-tachi"=people, I think/hope. Ii is good, I THINK.

I'm gonna' take a class soon and learn the whole langage! YAY! Anyways, I have a question: Is "Ash+Beanca" shipping the same as "Ash+Latias (Altoshipping)"?