PDA

View Full Version : New Attacks & Abilities Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Serebii
29th August 2010, 8:56 AM
Discuss the various new attacks and abilities here.

How do you think they will affect the metagame? Do you wish for other Pokémon to have them?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/ability.shtml

starwars
29th August 2010, 9:04 AM
So far I like all the new atttacks and abilities. i like the sound of shell blade becaues it sounds awesome and i would like it to be powerful but it probably is only 75.

Ash-kid
29th August 2010, 9:09 AM
The new attacks til now are pretty interesting.
The one who caught my eye was the Oath: Grass and Fire. I was interested also to hear about Reshiram's ability, TurboBlaze.

s2daam
29th August 2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, the Oath's have got me interested to.. no doubt if there is a fire and grass there will be a water i hope. And Mijumaru's Shell Blade sound awesome, although only his evolution line will probably learn it.

Arceus, The Original One
29th August 2010, 11:27 AM
The attacks this time round are pretty interesting.
My favorites so far would have to be Complete Burn/Incinerate and Acrobat, simply because they're unique. And I really want to see Claw Sharpen in action =D

And the abilities are OK, Pidgeon/Bird Heart sounds like it's going to be a decent ability, I'm still curious about Turbo Blaze and Zekrom's equivalent, I really want to know what they do, they sound, powerful.

Hejiru
29th August 2010, 2:13 PM
My only thought about the new attacks and abilities: they seem to really be focusing on accuracy this time around.

SharpedoSteve
29th August 2010, 2:34 PM
I really like EarthquakeSpiral for Crokonile, but i would imagine it would not be useful in one on one's. So for everything else i think it's is an awesome ability to have, and i may have to make a team built around this ability.

Grei
29th August 2010, 3:46 PM
My favorite abilities thus far have to be Overconfidence (also known as "EarthquakeSpiral" on the site) and Encourage. Both of those abilities look so incredibly useful, and I hope that Encourage negates the negative 2ndary effects of attacks, so that Hihidaruma can use Overheat without sharply lowering it's Sp. Atk, and so Wargle can use Brave Bird without recoil.

Pigeon Heart is also interesting to me.

I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.

As for the attacks, I'm really liking Claw Sharpen, Sweep Slap, Wild Bolt, Night Burst, Shell Blade, Grass Mixer, Nitro Charge, Drill Liner, Grass Oath, Fire Oath, Windstorm, and Acrobat.

I'm especially excited for:

Wild Bolt - It looks like it could be like Volt Tackle, but easier to distribute to Pokemon like Luxray!
Sweep Slap - I just like it. I love Chillarmy.
Grass Oath and Fire Oath - What do these moves do? Perhaps they raise Grass/Fire attacks respectively. I expect a 'Water Oath' as well.
Acrobat - so interesting and very useful for the new Triple Battles. I think it'd be cool if it could attack the other Pokemon in Rotation Battles, but it's effects as of now are good.

HookShot
29th August 2010, 3:50 PM
The big thing I'm interested in is what TurboBlaze and TeraVoltage do. Beyond that, Encourage and EarthquakeSpiral/Overconfidence/Whatever have me interested too; they sound like they could be pretty dang useful.

And as far as attacks go, Shell Blade is probably my favorite revealed thus far, mainly because it sounds cool.

XD Mewtwo
29th August 2010, 4:52 PM
I'm hoping that Herbivore goes to more than Shikijika (I expect it to, but anyway). It feels sort of useless on a Grass-type, because it's unlikely that anyone (save for the wild Pokemon and "dumber" Trainers) will use a Grass-type move on a part Grass-type Pokemon.

I'd like to see Herbivore on a Water-type or something.

Herbivore is useful for a free attack boost if you switch out pokemon to get hit by a grass attack, Herbivore is basicly a grass type Motor Drive except attack is increased instead.

I do hope that Encourage does let you use moves like Overheat, Brave Bird, etc without the secondary effects working.

Also I wonder if Complete Burn would destroy any held item and not just berries.

Battlestar
29th August 2010, 6:07 PM
they seem preety cool and power ful but probably only 85 the most

crash!201
29th August 2010, 6:55 PM
i can't wait to see how double chop is going to look. and earthquakespiral looks sweet also

Icay4321
29th August 2010, 7:06 PM
Earthquake Spiral could be devastating in Triple Battles if paired with Earthquake. Put Stone Edge on there for Flying-Types and watch the other team spiral downwards, lol.

EDIT: Actually, does it work if Meguroko takes out its teammates?

SharpedoSteve
29th August 2010, 7:44 PM
I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :P Oh how i love Crokonile.

Dust-proof is another one that i love, i really hate taking weather damage and all that extra text lol (unless with dust-proof it has the weather text as well as the 'blahblah does not effect ?????) so yay for Dust-proof.

Grei
29th August 2010, 8:35 PM
I'm not too sure about that actually, but it say's in the abilities section that it's attack raises when it knocks out an opponent... so most probably not.

It will be devastating in any battles apart from 1v1's imo since it will be wasted lol aslong as their is another pokemon to attack after it's defeated one then it's on a rampage :P Oh how i love Crokonile.

I think it'll be devastating in 1 vs. 1 battles, too. I mean, we don't know if it'll be a Pokemon that could sweep an entire team. If it has decent Attack and Defense then it could easily just be sent in first and, with each enemy Pokemon defeated, the battle just gets easier.

SharpedoSteve
29th August 2010, 8:40 PM
Yeah that's pretty much what iv'e been saying (team battle wise) i have no doubt that it will be awesome in a 1v1 i was just saying his ability wouldn't be as good in them due to there being no other opponent to use its boosted attack on.

Nielsspeler
29th August 2010, 8:48 PM
Don't really kept track of the attacks and abilities, but when a strong Pokémon gets EarthquakeSpiral the Pokémon will be OU immediately, it looks a bit overpowered, a Attack boosting attack + that ability and you have a great sweeper.

Drajolt Trainer
29th August 2010, 8:56 PM
For Fire Oath, I think that it will raise the power of Fire moves, but only allow for Fire moves to be used. Lasts for 2-5 turns.

bippacooleth
29th August 2010, 9:09 PM
Looking through that page I just realised I didn't know half the new abilities, but the one I'm most interested in is Telepathy.
I hate not being able to use earthquake in double battles D:

rocky505
29th August 2010, 9:15 PM
Wild bolt is my favorite attack and with Shell blade close behind. If Wild Bolt is not a clone of Volt Tackle I see it being more of an electric Take Down attack.

KentuckyFriedTorchic
29th August 2010, 10:33 PM
I really like the new abilities. Their showing off some creativity in these abilities, and i like the fact that they give old pokemon new abilities (vaporeon trough dreamworld etc).

My favourite is hihidaruma and the eagle's abilities, I like hihidaruma's face and the eagle looks cool, and their abilities make them even better!

Illusion is also a great ability, giving some extra fun for the competitive players, if it isnt going to be an uber (that would spoil the fun).

Herbivore sounds like a great asset, I hope that others get it too. But the only thing that bothers me is that grass attacks are rarely used in competitive battles, besides when you're battling Swampert. But I dont really think that its going to be used frequently.

I do have a question about Healing Heart, its description says: 'While the pokemon is being used, any team-mate of the pokemon cannot be affected by a status condition'. So I wonder: being used, does that mean on the team in general, only when the pokemon is in battle, or when it has been used in battle? And, it says 'any team-mate', is that the direct partner in battle, or does it also include pokemon that are in their pokeball?

KentuckyFriedTorchic
29th August 2010, 10:48 PM
sorry double post

bonslet
30th August 2010, 5:47 AM
The ability I'm hyped up for by the most atm is Illusion. It seems like it'd be insanely fun to mess around with, especially considering Zoroark would most likely learn Taunt, which has good synergy with the ability, as it allows you to easily Taunt pokemon that wish to set up entry hazards/stat-up moves versus whatever your current Illusion is.

Also, I'm interested in what Grass/Fire/presumably Water Oath will end up being. Currently, I think they'll work something along the lines of giving a boost to moves of their respective types as long as that pokemon is out (like any regular stat boosts).

I do have a question about Healing Heart, its description says: 'While the pokemon is being used, any team-mate of the pokemon cannot be affected by a status condition'. So I wonder: being used, does that mean on the team in general, only when the pokemon is in battle, or when it has been used in battle? And, it says 'any team-mate', is that the direct partner in battle, or does it also include pokemon that are in their pokeball?
I'm assuming it only heals the status of your partner pokemon in double/triple battles.

shac
30th August 2010, 8:19 AM
new attacks on old pokemon predictions:

Claw sharpen:Aaron line, Zangoose, Sneasel line, Raikou, Ursaring
Trickery: Abra, medicham, murkrow
Sweep slap: chansey, lickitung
Telekinesis: abra, bronzor, grumpig, hypno, the psychic trio
Gear saucer: bronzor, graveler
Wild bolt: Manectric, Luxray, Pikachu, raikou
Night Burst: i think it will be only available to zoroark
Shell blade: cloyster, clamperl
Grass mixer: bellosom, roserade, sunflora
Drill liner: ryhorn, dunsparce
Double chop: all fighting pokemon (via TM)
Heart stamp: no idea!!
You first: whatever pokemon can learn me first!
Magic room: whatever pokemon can learn trick room!
Free-fall: skarmory, aeroductyl, three legendary birds, pidgeot, staraptor. Somehow I do not see swellow learning it, though technically Ash;'s swellow was the first to use it against Harrison's donphan
Coil: seviper, arbok, tangella, tentacool
Nitro charge: magmar, torkoal, quilava, rapidash, victini, moltres
Fire oath: pokabu line exclusive
Grass oath: tsutarja line exclusive
Soak: wooper, psyduck, shellos, lapras
Compete burn: victini sig move
Windstorm: available via TM on all pokemon with wings
Bug resistance: paras, combee, weedle, venonat
Acrobat: aipom, mankey, chimchar, tangella, hitmontop

Sabonea_Masukippa
30th August 2010, 1:38 PM
Combination Moves Confirmed! (almost)

Water Oath, Fire Oath, Grass Oath. Select 2 of the three receive special effects.

Water+Grass appears to slow down opponents.

For use in double/triple battles.

Awaiting more confirmation.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 1:45 PM
Honestly, the only new move I like is Shell Blade. Maybe because it seems exclusive to Mijumaru, my personal favorite, but I've seen what it looks like in the anime and I think it looks pretty cool. In the games, Mijumaru just tosses it's shell but I was hoping it would have a better animation than just a shell being tossed to hit the opponent haha. Grass Mixer seems pretty cool too, just not as cool as Shell Blade since Mijuamru looks like a ninja when he uses it :p

Beeblebrox
30th August 2010, 1:59 PM
That combination move thing is a really clever idea, and the tactical implications of such a thing are really quite exciting. A lovely new bit of depth.

Can we have a link to the Twitter in question?

Sabonea_Masukippa
30th August 2010, 2:04 PM
http://twitter.com/karubiimunomono

It's all in slangy Japanese though, so good luck if you don't understand/are using an online translator.

Serebii
30th August 2010, 2:07 PM
It's linked on the site

Serebii
30th August 2010, 2:07 PM
That combination move thing is a really clever idea, and the tactical implications of such a thing are really quite exciting. A lovely new bit of depth.

Can we have a link to the Twitter in question?
It's linked on the site

kirkeastment
30th August 2010, 2:13 PM
so i just read the main sites latest update, and saw this, and it had me in stitches as i read it more and more;

"If you use Grass Oath and Water Oath, the moves combine to make a Moor attack"

Iz Pokemon srsly goin 2 input lolcat speech into tehr gamez. y not jus call teh new moov;

"Can i haz moor powr plz"

mitchman_93
30th August 2010, 2:22 PM
Ugh, really people take moor as the lolcat word, and not the actually meaning? A moor is another way to say marsh.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 2:23 PM
Combination moves eh? Sounds like it could be fun but also a bit complicated since we'd have to experiment with certain moves to figure out which moves complemented each other. I think it will add some much needed excitement to the battles though, since it's going to really change the battles into something more fierce than ever before.

Exeggator
30th August 2010, 2:26 PM
Moor:A game preserve consisting of moorland.

Nitro charge: magmar, torkoal, quilava, rapidash, victini, moltres

What?!? NO FLAREON?!? :(

jolteonjak
30th August 2010, 2:27 PM
Moor cowbell?

I'd love to know how this is going to work. Dare I say, this is the first time the games take a cue from the anime? I can only imagine how many people will be combining Fire and Water like Tucker/May did (can I name names? nvm...check the anime section, and you'll know. :p ).

I imagine you'll be restricted to combining an attack with a status effect (e.g. Leaf Blade with Thunder Wave) or 2x 1-stage stat boost (e.g. Sharpen with Defense Curl).

Grim712
30th August 2010, 2:29 PM
please tell me kirkeastment is just joking around and knows what a moor is. Anyway, i think sweep slap on chillarmy will be quite good considering chillarmy gets technician, which i assume will boost sweep slap, since (correct me if i am wrong) all multi-turn attacks so far are base 40. so sweep slap atleast early on will be very good with STAB technician boosting.
sorry for my rambling. :P

mitchman_93
30th August 2010, 2:38 PM
Wondering what happens if all 3 oaths are used in a triple battle, and how the order would affect it.

kirkeastment
30th August 2010, 2:41 PM
Of course i know what a Moor is(although Marsh is likely to be its actual name when it gets translated to the English games), its just way it was worded on the main site, made it appear similar to the way people write lolcat speech.

"the moves combine to make a Moor attack"

Zalman
30th August 2010, 2:43 PM
Wait, what is this CoroCoro Special? I never heard about it. Is it possible that it will include new Pokémon?

mitchman_93
30th August 2010, 2:47 PM
Wait, what is this CoroCoro Special? I never heard about it. Is it possible that it will include new Pokémon?
I wouldn't say possible, but it could if such a major thing like combo moves were revealed. Also, this is just a special version released every 2 months, that could have info for Pokemon.

kirkeastment
30th August 2010, 2:53 PM
Wondering what happens if all 3 oaths are used in a triple battle, and how the order would affect it.

Well, Grass Oath + Fire Oath + Water Oath would end up with nothing, as the first two create grass on fire, and then water oath dowses the flames. So i can't see them going the triple oath route, but then again who knows.

If there going to introduce combination attacks, then i hope they include;

Water Oath + Electric attack = Damage to rock/ground types.

Sakrey
30th August 2010, 3:15 PM
Woah!
I just got on the internet and what did I find ?
New CoroCoro stuff. About combination attack.

It just made my afternoon.
But of what I understand, this is not really confirmed as 100% official...

http://blog-imgs-47-origin.fc2.com/s/p/m/spmb/img657.png
(From SPMB blog)

battlemaster123
30th August 2010, 4:55 PM
i've wanted combo attacks since anime contests i hope there are alot of combos

V Faction
30th August 2010, 5:34 PM
The concept of Combination Attacks has long since existed. Tons of moves work together synergistically, like Rain Dance + Thunder, Sunny Day + SolarBeam, Defense Curl + Rollout. In Generation 3, using certain moves right before an attack made for combination would double your points.

People have also wanted to have combinations from attacks in battles since forever. But the typical wish you hear usually falls into the realm of "Combine Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam altogether!" or something equally as ridiculous. What they appear to be doing now is actively creating NEW combination moves that are specifically made to combine.

And thus we get Oath of Fire, Water, and Grass. I think this will be their gameplan for the time being, which is to create brand new moves that have these combination characteristics to them, rather than going back and applying these effects to older moves (which may or may not serve to imbalance them if done). However, I do not believe we'll be getting an "Oath of ___" move for every time. These seem like they're starter exclusive. I do get a sense of seeing more than one combination attack done the line though.

Arceus, The Original One
30th August 2010, 6:03 PM
Combo Attack eh? I guess physics doesn't apply to Pokemon anymore, Fire + Water equals Rainbow? Please God No. I'm not against Combo Attacks, just Combo attacks that make rainbows.

MechaBulba
30th August 2010, 6:11 PM
Combo Attack eh? I guess physics doesn't apply to Pokemon anymore, Fire + Water equals Rainbow? Please God No. I'm not against Combo Attacks, just Combo attacks that make rainbows.

OMG, but if you used it twice you could get a double rainbow all the way across the battlefield!

V Faction
30th August 2010, 6:17 PM
OMG, but if you used it twice you could get a double rainbow all the way across the battlefield!
(it's even starting to look like a triple battle rainbow)

By the way, I suspect that the ability Encourage will not remove side effects like recoil, stat-loss, or Hyper Beam-like cooldowns. But, I do believe that it will be boost ALL attacks, regardless of whether they have secondary effects or not, as compensation.

Shneak
30th August 2010, 6:45 PM
If Triple Battles looked like they were complicating before, they just got harder to understand. I don't like the fact that you have to have a specific move go first. Speed can ruin it.

battlemaster123
30th August 2010, 6:46 PM

omg what does it mean?
anyway i wonder if we get battle gym leaders using the differnt styles of battle

Pamizard
30th August 2010, 7:55 PM
So far i love all the new attacks and abilties revelaed. I really want to find out wat Zekrom and Reshiram's abillties does

shac
30th August 2010, 8:32 PM
wonder if there will be new animation for attacks successfully combined...

Icay4321
30th August 2010, 9:59 PM
Huh, well now we know what the Oaths do. I think that it is very likely that every type will get an Oath for each type, just because of the way that they work. So maybe Pokemon get the Oath of their type?

NDenizen
30th August 2010, 10:13 PM
You know, I only just discovered these Oath attacks were confirmed to be true.

Anyways, awesome combos are coming in it seems. I look forward to seeing what can be done. And the Starters having these oaths means they're going to see alot of use..

Icay4321
30th August 2010, 10:33 PM
Well, Grass Oath + Fire Oath + Water Oath would end up with nothing, as the first two create grass on fire, and then water oath dowses the flames. So i can't see them going the triple oath route, but then again who knows.

If there going to introduce combination attacks, then i hope they include;

Water Oath + Electric attack = Damage to rock/ground types.

Well, maybe, the three combined will make a deep fog environment, because saturated wood produces more smoke than dry wood... I guess it's possible. :/

Well, I guess that they were going with the fire making a light, that goes through the prism of water, making a rainbow. Think Dark Side of the Moon's cover.

toaguy101
30th August 2010, 10:46 PM
hmm. i wonder if they will make the famous ice beam water jet combo. so many posibilitys

toaguy101
30th August 2010, 10:49 PM
;249-d;hmm. i wonder if they will make the famous ice beam water jet combo. so many posibilitys;249-d;

Hejiru
30th August 2010, 10:56 PM
Everybody's speculating about what this move and that move will do together, but I could see them making only a few moves that can be combinded. Maybe only 17- Poison Oath, Dragon Oath, Steel Oath, etc. 17 dosen't sound like very many, but when you think about it, in a way, it's really 17 times 17.

And they could have a special Move Tutor that will teach these moves. For example, he would teach Electric Oath to Luxray, and would teach Psychic Oath and/or Flying Oath to Xatu.

And maybe the Oath moves won't even do anything in Single Battles...

[Super_Fjord]
30th August 2010, 11:09 PM
I guess physics doesn't apply to Pokemon anymore.

Ah hah... as if they ever did?

Couldn't help myself.

Anyway, these Oaths sound interesting. I wonder how many more they'll end up with... but I can't imagine it would be that many more than those three... right?

pichu-is-super-cute
31st August 2010, 1:06 AM
An oath for every type = win =}

Pepsi_Plunge
31st August 2010, 1:22 AM
It seems to be like a new lowerlevel starter only attack, i believe they have been shown only been used by starters, yes this doesnt mean **** but ive got a felling that it migh be the case.

Lorde
31st August 2010, 2:04 AM
I'm liking this new combination move mechanic that's been introduced now that I've seen the images and that it's been confirmed. It looks almost Contest-related since this sort of thing happens in Contests in the anime. That rainbow effect sure looks snazzy too. I'm wondering if I'll give these move combinations a try when I play Black and White. It might be fun just to experiment and make pretty effects with certain moves.

Grei
31st August 2010, 2:39 AM
The concept of Combination Attacks has long since existed. Tons of moves work together synergistically, like Rain Dance + Thunder, Sunny Day + SolarBeam, Defense Curl + Rollout. In Generation 3, using certain moves right before an attack made for combination would double your points.

People have also wanted to have combinations from attacks in battles since forever. But the typical wish you hear usually falls into the realm of "Combine Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam altogether!" or something equally as ridiculous. What they appear to be doing now is actively creating NEW combination moves that are specifically made to combine.

And thus we get Oath of Fire, Water, and Grass. I think this will be their gameplan for the time being, which is to create brand new moves that have these combination characteristics to them, rather than going back and applying these effects to older moves (which may or may not serve to imbalance them if done). However, I do not believe we'll be getting an "Oath of ___" move for every time. These seem like they're starter exclusive. I do get a sense of seeing more than one combination attack done the line though.

I agree with you in pretty much everything. I don't believe this'll apply to older moves, and I think these combinations--the Oath Combos--will be exclusive to Starters, though there will be others.

Although I can also see Grass Oath going to every Grass-type, Fire Oath going to every Fire-type, and Water Oath going to every Water-type, as well as all three going to some non Grass-/Fire-/Water-types, simply to allow the combinations to see more use. I'm on the fence as far as who these moves go to.

If the Oath moves are for non-Starters, I only see a few of them being made for other types. They'd probably have to be able to be combined with the Grass/Fire/Water Oaths, which doesn't always work out.

Lightning Oath: With Water Oath, a storm is generated, boosting the power/accuracy of Electric moves and causing random Paralysis...? I dunno about Grass and Fire.

... I can't think of any other Oaths that could be made that can work in conjunction with all three moves. Lightning only really works with Water, Dark Oath would not really work well with Fire, Rock Oath just doesn't make any sense...

While I won't say that an Oath for every type isn't possible (I think it could be cool in a way), I will say that I think they'll just create other moves for the sake of giving the other types the means of combining attacks, and keep the three Oath moves we have now.

Bardische
31st August 2010, 10:53 AM
Shouldn't Fire splashed with Water produce steam? I'm confused, because I believe that should produce a fog-like field effect. Just like the actual fog.

Basically, we get a field Serene Grace, the reverse of a Tailwind or maybe even just a String Shot, and a Scorched Earth-like move.

Oh well, I wish these combinations would extend to not all but some select move combinations. Like your partner uses Lock-On and another member uses Zap Cannon or whatever. Basically, Lock-On would work like a visible target that your partner can see, thus the effect would still stay.

Oh well, all the more reason for me to believe of an in-game version of Triple Finish ^^

Arceus, The Original One
31st August 2010, 11:35 AM
Shouldn't Fire splashed with Water produce steam? I'm confused, because I believe that should produce a fog-like field effect. Just like the actual fog.

Basically, we get a field Serene Grace, the reverse of a Tailwind or maybe even just a String Shot, and a Scorched Earth-like move.

Oh well, I wish these combinations would extend to not all but some select move combinations. Like your partner uses Lock-On and another member uses Zap Cannon or whatever. Basically, Lock-On would work like a visible target that your partner can see, thus the effect would still stay.

Oh well, all the more reason for me to believe of an in-game version of Triple Finish ^^

Well Fire heating the Water would create steam, and steam is water as a gas, and as the steam condenses in the air, it would become water, and when light passes through the individual pieces of water droplets, then it would create a rainbow. :)

Arceus, The Original One
31st August 2010, 11:41 AM

Well Fire heating the Water would create steam, and steam is water as a gas, and as the steam condenses in the air, it would become water, and when light passes through the individual pieces of water droplets, then it would create a rainbow. :) I've only just realised this now.

I really want the moves to power up and change moves. We have alot of variations of different moves, for example we have Double Edge, if a Pokemon used Fire Oath, then the next Pokemon used Double Edge, Double Edge would become Flare Blitz.

I can see when we get the English versions of the games, that Fire Oath, Water Oath and Grass Oath will be changed into stuff like 'Burn', 'Soak' and 'Grow' or something of a similar nature.

mitchman_93
31st August 2010, 1:18 PM
Everybody's speculating about what this move and that move will do together, but I could see them making only a few moves that can be combinded. Maybe only 17- Poison Oath, Dragon Oath, Steel Oath, etc. 17 dosen't sound like very many, but when you think about it, in a way, it's really 17 times 17.

And they could have a special Move Tutor that will teach these moves. For example, he would teach Electric Oath to Luxray, and would teach Psychic Oath and/or Flying Oath to Xatu.

And maybe the Oath moves won't even do anything in Single Battles...
If there is to be 17 oaths, its not only taking each type and 1 of 16 other types, but the type orders to be considered.

J-W
31st August 2010, 2:38 PM
Although GF didn't think through how rainbows work...

you'd only be able to see it if the fire came from behind you and the water was in front..

But that is digressing... I agree that there will be at least one combination move per type, especially if they want to hype up the triple battle thing XD

NDenizen
31st August 2010, 3:04 PM
I really want the moves to power up and change moves. We have alot of variations of different moves, for example we have Double Edge, if a Pokemon used Fire Oath, then the next Pokemon used Double Edge, Double Edge would become Flare Blitz.

I have to say, I like the idea of being able to use these Oaths to turn moves into other moves. I find the Four Move limit very restricting, so this could be a very good way of increasing the flexibility of any pokemon on the field.

And I do hope there's an oath for every type. It would be nice to see it widely available, just not too widely. If you restricted it to the less powerful pokemon out there, it would be great.

Bardische
31st August 2010, 5:00 PM
Well Fire heating the Water would create steam, and steam is water as a gas, and as the steam condenses in the air, it would become water, and when light passes through the individual pieces of water droplets, then it would create a rainbow. :) I've only just realised this now.

I'm quite lost in the inner workings of the universe. Thanks for clarifying ^^

I can see when we get the English versions of the games, that Fire Oath, Water Oath and Grass Oath will be changed into stuff like 'Burn', 'Soak' and 'Grow' or something of a similar nature.

First paragraph? Win, just win. My Aggron? Flare Blitzing? Ludicrous! Notoriously, it would allow Salamence access to Flare Blitz and even Relicanth as well. Which is awesome :D

But don't we already have a move called "Soak" in the Japanese versions? Well, they could still change it though, so anyway, hehe.

nikohesus
31st August 2010, 8:01 PM
I believe combo attacks, will only work with certain moves, although I could be wrong.

bookist
31st August 2010, 10:21 PM
I am interested in the full extent of the combo moves. I wonder what else they will think of for them? Maybe an attack that acts as a leech life?

Glue
31st August 2010, 10:30 PM
I like the combo moves, it is something no one really thought of that came out of no where but I guess it wont work in single battles, unless they both use the combination of moves it needs...

Yanappu
31st August 2010, 10:35 PM
I believe combo attacks, will only work with certain moves, although I could be wrong.

I also believe this. They aren't going to let you make super-powered moves like Hydro Pump and Thunderwave, or Flamethrower and Thunderbolt.

They're going to make strategic ones. Maybe a few powerful ones like that might combine with something else. But not all moves.

Timeswitch
31st August 2010, 10:35 PM
hopefully they will bring in plenty of other move combos... but keep them limited to certain effects... I would like to see some combo attacks that could cause some major damage too ^_^
Kinda wanna use Swanna's Windstorm... looks to me like an epic move XD

Glue
31st August 2010, 10:37 PM
hopefully they will bring in plenty of other move combos... but keep them limited to certain effects... I would like to see some combo attacks that could cause some major damage too ^_^
Kinda wanna use Swanna's Windstorm... looks to me like an epic move XD

I want them to be obscure effects that couldn't happen in any other way that would be very difficult to deal with, like making the defense (of both trainers pokemon) cut by 75% or to 1. That would be terrible.

Grei
31st August 2010, 11:28 PM
I think the mixing of Fire Oath and Water Oath is much easier if you think of Fire Oath as creating a ball of fire (like a sun) and Water Oath creating an orb or spout of water that surrounds/crosses in front of the ball of fire. Then, you have the light of the fire shining through the layer of water, producing a rainbow effect.

But I suppose it makes more sense if Water Oath comes first that Fire Oath just converts the water into steam.

slowkingsley
1st September 2010, 6:03 AM
There is also a new attack Heat Stamp that is shown to be learned by Pokabu in the most recent videos. It is probably similar to Koromori's Heart Stamp.

V Faction
1st September 2010, 6:10 AM
There is also a new attack Heat Stamp that is shown to be learned by Pokabu in the most recent videos. It is probably similar to Koromori's Heart Stamp.
Similar or exactly the same?

Funny thing with pigs. The end of their snouts look like upside-down hearts. For some reason this does not surprise me.

bonslet
1st September 2010, 6:21 AM
They're not the same move, just similar.

slowkingsley
1st September 2010, 7:23 AM
With the new videos that were shown, I have compiled an updated list of all the moves that have been shown (that I've seen) in pre-release media.

Tsutaaja - Grass, Overgrow
Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, Growth, Grass Mixer, Grasswhistle, Slam, Leaf Blade , Coil, Wring Out, Leaf Storm, Grass Oath

Pokabu - Fire, Blaze
Nitro Charge, Flamethrower, Take Down, Rollout, Smog, Roar, Fire Oath, Heat Stamp, Assurance

Mijumaru - Water, Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Shell Blade, Water Pulse, Surf, Fury Cutter, Revenge, Water Oath

Zekrom - Electric/Dragon, Terra Voltage

Reshiram - Fire/Dragon, Turbo Blaze

Zorua - Dark, Illusion
Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Fake Tears, Trickery, Fury Swipes, Scary Face, Faint Attack

Zoroark - Dark, Illusion
Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, Taunt, Claw Sharpen, Night Burst

Hihidaruma - Fire, Invigorate
Fire Punch, Incinerate, Superpower

Shimama - Electric, Lightning Rod/Motor Drive
Wild Bolt, Tail Whip, Charge, Quick Attack, Shock Wave

Mamepato - Normal/Flying, Super Luck/Pidgeon Breast

Munna - Psychic, Synchronize/Forewarn
Telekinesis, Hypnosis, Psywave

Giaru - Steel, Plus/Minus
Gear Saucer

Chiramii - Normal, Cute Charm/Technician
Sweep Slap, You First, Swift, Wake-Up Slap

Meguroku - Ground/Dark, Intimidate/Overconfidence
Assurance, Sandstorm

Wooguru - Normal/Flying, Keen Eye/Invigorate
Freefall, Hyper Beam, Superpower, Claw Sharpen

Minezumi - Normal, Keen Eye/Runaway
Bite, Bide, Detect, Crunch, Super Fang, Hypnosis, You First

Mushaana - Psychic, Forewarn/Synchronize
Telekinesis

Rankurusu - Psychic, Magic Guard/Dustproof
Reflect, Skill Swap, Light Screen, Psywave, Dizzy Punch, Psybeam

Gochiruzeru - Psychic, Frisk
Magic Room, Psybeam, Faint Attack

Kibago - Dragon, Rivalry/Mold Breaker
Double Chop, Dragon Dance

Koromori - Psychic/Flying, Unaware/Klutz
Heart Stamp

Victini - Psychic/Fire, Victory Star
Incinerate, Endure, Quick Attack, Confusion

Moguryuu - Ground, Sand Throw/Sand Power
Drill Liner

Gigaiasu - Rock, Sturdy
Rock Slide, Sandstorm

Mamanbou - Water, Hydration/Healing Heart
Soak, Brine, Surf, Wish

Shikijika - Normal/Grass, Chlorophyll/Herbivore
Energy Ball, Double Kick, Take Down, Faint Attack, Leech Seed

Miruhoggu - Normal, Illuminate/Keen Eye

Swanna - Water/Flying, Keen Eye/Pidgeon Breast
Wind Storm, Brave Bird

Kurumiru -Bug/Grass, Chlorophyll/Swarm
Bug Resistance

Emonga - Electric/Flying, Static

Yanappu - Grass, Gluttony
Acrobat

Doryuuzu -
Drill Liner
Ononokusu -
Denchura -
Desukaan -

Darumakka -
Basurao -
Aqua Jet, Uproar, Headbutt
Tabunne -
Doubleslap, Helping Hand, Growl

Today's big winner was Wargle with Superpower and Claw Sharpen (and to a lesser extent Hyper Beam). There was unamed attacks used by Mamanbou that looks very similar to the current Wish animation so I tentitively added it to the list. There was also unamed attacks used by Denchura, Reshiram and Zekrom, which I was not able to identify.

Also the new attack that Pokabu learns, IMO Heat Stamp and Heart Stamp will be Fire and Psychic versions of Fake Out.

bonslet
1st September 2010, 7:42 AM
Err...where did you see Wargle use Claw Sharpen? I don't think I missed watching any of the videos o_O

Also, I don't think Hihidaruma used Flare Blitz- Flare Blitz has a blue background, this looked like Giga Impact or Superpower (unless, of course, there's yet another video I haven't seen yet).

V Faction
1st September 2010, 7:44 AM
Oooohhhhh, Heat Stamp. Not Heart. A'doy! Can't believe I didn't notice that.

Wargle with Hyper Beam is nice a sign of it being single stage or at the least, final stage.

R_N
1st September 2010, 7:57 AM
We know Heart Stamp isn't a version of Fake Out. We've seen video of Koromori using Heart Stamp on Gochirezeru, and it still used Magic Room

slowkingsley
1st September 2010, 8:05 AM
Err...where did you see Wargle use Claw Sharpen? I don't think I missed watching any of the videos o_O

Also, I don't think Hihidaruma used Flare Blitz- Flare Blitz has a blue background, this looked like Giga Impact or Superpower (unless, of course, there's yet another video I haven't seen yet).

Wargle uses Claw Sharpen at the end of the third video (around 4:27) in the triple battle. The text is shown for a fraction of a second before it fades out.

Also you are right that Hihidaruma uses Superpower. It is the exact same attack animation of Wargle's Superpower.

Ash-kid
1st September 2010, 8:12 AM
Good thing that Superpower is being used by two powerfull pokemon. I'ts a great move to start with. Hyper Beam to Wargle.?.If it continues like this, it will be better than Mamepato's final stage.

bonslet
1st September 2010, 8:25 AM
Wargle uses Claw Sharpen at the end of the third video (around 4:27) in the triple battle. The text is shown for a fraction of a second before it fades out.

Also you are right that Hihidaruma uses Superpower. It is the exact same attack animation of Wargle's Superpower.
Oh, silly me. I'd actually took a screenshot of that exact frame, but I couldn't make sense of it because I thought it was an effect of Shell Blade, since it appears right after. Thanks :e

slowkingsley
1st September 2010, 8:52 AM
We know Heart Stamp isn't a version of Fake Out. We've seen video of Koromori using Heart Stamp on Gochirezeru, and it still used Magic Room

You sir, are also correct. I seem to fail at logic today.

On an unrelated note, with both Wargle and Hihidaruma learning Superpower, I wonder if that indicates that it will gain a boost from the Encourage ability.

Lucario At Service
1st September 2010, 9:11 AM
On an unrelated note, with both Wargle and Hihidaruma learning Superpower, I wonder if that indicates that it will gain a boost from the Encourage ability.
Since "Encourage" disables the secondary effects of an attack. This might mean that there is a possibility that the User's "Attack" & "Defence" decreasing effect of "Superpower" might be negated by those two (is GF doesn't change the system of how "Superpower" works for the new games) .

Aurath8
1st September 2010, 9:22 AM
Looks like Reshiram is special based while Zekroms physical based. In trailer 1 Reshiram used an indirect fire attack while Zekrom used a physical electric(?) attack.

Arceus, The Original One
1st September 2010, 12:05 PM
Looks like Reshiram is special based while Zekroms physical based. In trailer 1 Reshiram used an indirect fire attack while Zekrom used a physical electric(?) attack.

Id prefer it if they were both special based :(

gliscor&yanmega
1st September 2010, 1:51 PM
Oooohhhhh, Heat Stamp. Not Heart. A'doy! Can't believe I didn't notice that.

Wargle with Hyper Beam is nice a sign of it being single stage or at the least, final stage.

Lol I actually thought it was Heart Stamp at first too(Just notice it was Heat a second ago(That actually makes more sense lol)). I even thought that Koromori would probably get the move, but now I doubt it.

The moves that Zekrom and Reshiram used, are those known attacks? They look like they would be their signature attacks, or maybe it's their ability kicking in(Although we get a message on the screen saying when an ability is being used and I didn't see one).

00wazzy
1st September 2010, 4:48 PM
I love the new attacks! Especially how they use the camera movements.

Charmander103
1st September 2010, 4:50 PM
I was so excited when I heard of combo attacks. I was hoping it would happen ever since we saw Buizel and his Ice Aqua Jet and then when I started trying to think of new attacks I started coming up with some combos; for example our two little rats, Minun and Plusle, would be so awesome with original attacks (ex. Positive Bolt/Negative Bolt) that turned into a powerful combo attack. And now look! We have combos!
Perhaps there will finally be a reason to have Mud Sport and Water Sport as an attack :)

WynautQueen
1st September 2010, 6:14 PM
I was so excited when I heard of combo attacks. I was hoping it would happen ever since we saw Buizel and his Ice Aqua Jet and then when I started trying to think of new attacks I started coming up with some combos; for example our two little rats, Minun and Plusle, would be so awesome with original attacks (ex. Positive Bolt/Negative Bolt) that turned into a powerful combo attack. And now look! We have combos!
Perhaps there will finally be a reason to have Mud Sport and Water Sport as an attack :)

Hopefully it'll be a simple mechanic at first that will become more detailed later on. I agree with you on wanting to see combo attacks after seeing that idea shown off in the anime, and I hope it gets plenty of use.

shac
2nd September 2010, 3:27 AM

Aww, you beat me to it. Yeah, it does seem that way from the trailer. I loved Reshiram's attack animation. What would they call it - Scorching sun?? I hope whatever it is, it has the word sun in it.

Aura Flare Riolu
2nd September 2010, 4:49 AM
I highly doubt Encourage will negate negative effects on the user like Stat Loss. Otherwise Hihidaruma can spam Overheat and Superpower without Stat loss...

arceus7
2nd September 2010, 4:35 PM
the stat drop animation did not come on. It also explains why wargle has hyperbeam
however I also did not see the ability sidebar display

Drajolt Trainer
2nd September 2010, 11:28 PM
I think that Reshiram's attack will be called SuperNova and Zekrom's will be ThunderDrop.

Prominence
2nd September 2010, 11:35 PM
What was the Dark-type attack in Pokabu's moveset?

Sakrey
2nd September 2010, 11:46 PM
ダメおし

It would be the move Assurance for english version.

Mewtwo_soul
3rd September 2010, 12:07 AM
I highly doubt Encourage will negate negative effects on the user like Stat Loss. Otherwise Hihidaruma can spam Overheat and Superpower without Stat loss...

Well that is a Secondary effect.

I think it will be able to be used like that with Pokemon that have the ability Encourage.

However, there are some exceptions: Explosion I doubt will have you not fainting yourself as that isn't a "secondary effect." It's a sacrifice move. On that note: Focus Punch, as the first part is the waiting until the end of the turn to attack if said Pokemon isn't atacked.

Just my personal belief until disproven.

Prominence
3rd September 2010, 3:32 PM
ダメおし

It would be the move Assurance for english version.

Thanks. It could mean that Pokabu would wind up being a Fire/Dark-type, I would like that.

Dr. Empoleon
3rd September 2010, 9:35 PM
I am hoping for some new Steel Type Moves this gen. We don't have a lot. I want some moves with cool names like Metal Mash, and Ion Beam.

Chimchar15
4th September 2010, 4:51 AM
I am hoping for some new Steel Type Moves this gen. We don't have a lot. I want some moves with cool names like Metal Mash, and Ion Beam.

We would have had a cool one if they didn't change luster cannon to flash cannon.

Brave Birdy
4th September 2010, 5:34 AM
I'm hoping for a ton of moves which raise the user's accuracy. Then maybe Double Team will see its way into competitive play.

Lorde
4th September 2010, 9:47 AM
We would have had a cool one if they didn't change luster cannon to flash cannon.

Or Time Roar to Roar of Time. Honestly, is there no lengths to which the translation team will go?

Anyway, I'm really more curious about Pokabu's new confirmed move, Heat Stamp. I wonder what it does, I didn't see the video so I don't know if it physically hurt the opponent in battle. I'm just going to assume it's a Fire-type version of Koromori's Heart Stamp which causes flinching of some sort :S

Dr. Empoleon
4th September 2010, 3:21 PM
I think that there should be some new HMs like:

Jump: Lets you jump over ledges

RUBBADUCKY
4th September 2010, 10:46 PM

I dont, we need more physical electric moves that can spread onto other pokemons movesets. Want an 80+ base damage electric attack that doesn't give recoil, a chance of paralyzing is fine. Manly because Luxray is a really cool pokemon with some stat potential but thunder fang doesn't cut it for me. Maybe a Thunder Tail and Heat Tail to go with Iron and Aqua Tail. And throw Heat Tail on Flareon while your at it. ;136;

RUBBADUCKY
4th September 2010, 10:49 PM

I dont, we need more physical electric moves that can spread onto other pokemons movesets. Want an 80+ base damage electric attack that doesn't give recoil, a chance of paralyzing is fine. Manly because Luxray is a really cool pokemon with some stat potential but thunder fang doesn't cut it for me. Maybe a Thunder Tail and Heat Tail to go with Iron and Aqua Tail. And throw Heat Tail on Flareon while your at it. ;136;

Wargle
4th September 2010, 11:58 PM
In a commercial too pokemon sunday fpr BW show that Hihidaruma learns complete burn.

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 8:13 AM

Same for water type. A physical one thats powerful and gives recoil... ummm.. Hyper Bubble Jet...?

Also, we need more weather starters! (non-legendary) With Drizzle and Drought. Maybe a USEFUL weather pokemon with either ability and GOOD stats? -sorry Castform-

Mewtwo_soul
6th September 2010, 9:02 AM
Also, we need more weather starters! (non-legendary) With Drizzle and Drought. Maybe a USEFUL weather pokemon with either ability and GOOD stats? -sorry Castform-

The only thing that stinks is if they had Drizzle or Drought they'd be instantly broken. (Smogon Kyogre/Groudon Lv. 1 test) although I guess it would be cool if more Pokemon had a temporary starting weather effect less than that of Drought/Drizzle. (One that starts up for three turns off the bat?)

Brave Birdy
6th September 2010, 10:43 PM
I was thinking about double/triple battles and I think a useful move would be "Blood Pact," in which each member of your team sacrifices a percentage of their health to raise a certain stat 1, or even 2 stages. Speed would be nice.

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 10:52 PM
I was thinking about double/triple battles and I think a useful move would be "Blood Pact," in which each member of your team sacrifices a percentage of their health to raise a certain stat 1, or even 2 stages. Speed would be nice.

Def or Sp.Def would be better.
It could be a cool support move, maybe like Accupuncture?

Triple Battles should consist of Wall, Support, And Sweeper

Nacreous
6th September 2010, 10:57 PM
According to Bulbapedia Wargle has the abilities Keen Eye and Brute Force...what the hell is Brute Force?>.>

catgowoof
7th September 2010, 12:31 AM
According to Bulbapedia Wargle has the abilities Keen Eye and Brute Force...what the hell is Brute Force?>.>

It's also known as Encourage. It raises the power of your attacks but it negates it's side effects. Hihidaruma (fire gorilla) has it as well.

Princess Milotic☆
7th September 2010, 1:06 AM
It's also known as Encourage. It raises the power of your attacks but it negates it's side effects. Hihidaruma (fire gorilla) has it as well.

Pretty ubber ability if you ask me. Although still depends on how high the buff is

Grei
7th September 2010, 1:54 AM
In a commercial too pokemon sunday fpr BW show that Hihidaruma learns complete burn.

... huh? I never heard of this. I thought Complete Burn was Victini's signature move.

Well, from the looks of it, Wild Bolt (an attack we saw Shimama use when it was first revealed) is a Physical move. Perhaps it'll be powerful, or a non-Pikachu counterpart to Volt Tackle.

Same for water type. A physical one thats powerful and gives recoil... ummm.. Hyper Bubble Jet...?

I thought of these but apparently didn't post them in this thread (which would have been the correct thread...). These are counterparts to Wood Hammer/Flare Blitz and Leaf Storm/Overheat. The physical move is based on a Belly Flop into a pool, while the special move relates to hurricanes (or rapids in a river).

Aqua Smash (Physical, 120)
The user jumps into the air and slams down on top of the foe, sending waves of water crashing in every direction (similar to the idea of a Belly Flop in a pool). The user sustains recoil damage.

Hurricane/River Rapids (Special, 140)
The user summons an ebbing wave that spirals up around the opponent, whipping them repeatedly with fast-moving waves. This move sharply lowers the user's Sp. Atk stat.
or
The user sends a huge, spiraling jet of water towards the foe, whipping them repeatedly with fast-moving waves of water. This move sharply lowers the user's Sp. Atk stat.

pokemanz=win
7th September 2010, 2:41 AM
what about a Telepathy and EarthquakeSpiral combo? keeps getting easier to knock out pokes and you'll never get hit.....probably gonna be an uber pokemon cuz of that.....(the EarthquakeSpiral one that is)

youhaveaface
7th September 2010, 3:18 AM

O_O Idea
Do with Castform what they did with Burmy

Lv. up to 35 in water form gets you perma-water with Drizzle
Lv. up to 35 in snow form gets you perma-ice with Snow Warning
Lv. up to 35 in sunny form gets you perma-fire with Drought

SeriesVet
7th September 2010, 3:26 AM
I just can't understand why they haven't added any elemental headbutt attacks yet.
We've got everything else, but what could be more fun than having to decide which elemental butt attack would be best on my Pokemon?
Should I go with Fire Butt?
Ice Butt?
The dreaded ThunderButt?

cranberries
7th September 2010, 3:28 AM
I just can't understand why they haven't added any elemental headbutt attacks yet.
We've got everything else, but what could be more fun than having to decide which elemental butt attack would be best on my Pokemon?
Ice Butt?
The dreaded ThunderButt?

I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

But, they somwhat did start that with Zen Headbut, they do have the possibility of Dark, ghost, and fighting headbuts.

shac
7th September 2010, 4:22 AM
Ice Butt?
The dreaded ThunderButt?

And kicks too. After blaze kick, I would like aqua kick, and thunder kick. SOmehow the thunder one always sounds the most awesome.
"Electivire, use Thunder Kick!!" ... And Electivire jumps up in the sky and comes down with one knee folded and the other stretched with electricity churring around the ankle of the stretched foot, and crashes unto it's opponent.

And I see they have gone further with the 'tails'. Iron tail, aqua tail (which seems kinda silly to me). Now it's just natural to get 'flame tail' - will be really fitting for Charizard, monferno and magamar.

Lorde
7th September 2010, 9:20 AM
Um I have an issue with Trickery. It's that Zorua exclusive move, but I don't understand it's effect even after reading the short description on the new attacks page. What does it mean to attack the foe utilizing their own stats? Does it mean that Trickery does more damage depending on how boosted the opponents stats are? I don't understand the context :x

catgowoof
7th September 2010, 10:32 AM
Um I have an issue with Trickery. It's that Zorua exclusive move, but I don't understand it's effect even after reading the short description on the new attacks page. What does it mean to attack the foe utilizing their own stats? Does it mean that Trickery does more damage depending on how boosted the opponents stats are? I don't understand the context :x

Isn't there a move already like that (I'm talking about the move which uses the opponents stat boosts)?

For Trickery I think it uses the opponents attacking stats. Say there is a battle between Zorua and Scizor, and Scizor has 250 ATT while Zorua will only has 200 ATT. Trickery will attack with 250 ATT (assuming it's a physical move).

Lorde
7th September 2010, 7:34 PM
Isn't there a move already like that (I'm talking about the move which uses the opponents stat boosts)?

For Trickery I think it uses the opponents attacking stats. Say there is a battle between Zorua and Scizor, and Scizor has 250 ATT while Zorua will only has 200 ATT. Trickery will attack with 250 ATT (assuming it's a physical move).

I don't know if there's a similar move, I was assuming Trickery's effect was new or something. As for your effect prediction, it seems too good to be true. I don't think an attack that deals that much damage is realistic enough. That seems like a lot of damage for just one move, especially for a move Zorua knows :S

V Faction
7th September 2010, 7:42 PM

You're thinking of Punishment, which gets stronger the more "Stat Uppers" your opponent has used.

The way Trickery has been described, I always felt like it was an attack that based its power on the Attack/Defense of the opponent's Attack/Defense rather than your own. Which may be good or bad depending on the Pokemon you're facing.

catgowoof
7th September 2010, 7:59 PM
I don't know if there's a similar move, I was assuming Trickery's effect was new or something. As for your effect prediction, it seems too good to be true. I don't think an attack that deals that much damage is realistic enough. That seems like a lot of damage for just one move, especially for a move Zorua knows :S

Well if he was battling a Magikarp, Zorua would attack with only 50 ATT, so I guess it balances out.

Princess Milotic☆
7th September 2010, 9:29 PM
O_O Idea
Do with Castform what they did with Burmy

Lv. up to 35 in water form gets you perma-water with Drizzle
Lv. up to 35 in snow form gets you perma-ice with Snow Warning
Lv. up to 35 in sunny form gets you perma-fire with Drought

Castform would need UBBER Def and Sp.Def for that to be useful. Evo Maybe?

I was thinking of a 3 form Cloud pokemon..

Water/Fly Fire/Fly or Ice/Fly

Lorde
7th September 2010, 9:35 PM
Well if he was battling a Magikarp, Zorua would attack with only 50 ATT, so I guess it balances out.

Yeah but that's only if Zorua/Zoroark were fighting a weaker Pokemon in the main storyline. I don't see Trickery being used competitively if it's effect is really going to be that great. The move would seem totally broken. Otherwise everyone would run around with a Zoroark with Trickery lol.

Cecil Omega
7th September 2010, 10:38 PM
Gotta say I'm kinda happy to see Sturdy get the upgrade, now it's pretty much a built in focus sash and not just...well a pretty much useless ability considering no one uses 1HKO moves.

Though one question that has more then likely been answered before, Encourage. It boosts the power of your moves but removes their secondary effects right? I checked the Attackdex on here and it shows the recoil damage for moves like Brave Bird and Flare Blitz as the attacks Secondary effect.

So, Hihidaruma w/ Encourage + Flare Blitz= a super powerful attack with no recoil?

V Faction
7th September 2010, 10:49 PM
Long explanation short: We don't know if negative effects are included with Encourage.

That includes recoils, stat drops, Hyper Beam-like cooldowns, etc.

wave guiding rukario
8th September 2010, 12:42 AM
i hope they add more Aura based attack for fighting specc somthing like :

Special Attack move.

Type: Fighting

Aura Storm (SSBB ripoff)

Attack power : 140 or 150

Accuracy: 90 or 70 %

PP: 5/5

effect :reduce Def and Sp.Def stat (140 wise) or The user cant take a rest for the next turn (150 wise).

that move will let lucariop loose the freaking Close combat :)

that would be awesome.

Grei
8th September 2010, 1:08 AM

Can anyone else verify this?

Long explanation short: We don't know if negative effects are included with Encourage.

That includes recoils, stat drops, Hyper Beam-like cooldowns, etc.

Really? I thought a recent video confirmed it... maybe someone was just guessing that Encourage didn't include negative 2ndary effects when they saw Wargle showcasing Hyper Beam.

Sakrey
8th September 2010, 5:43 AM
Can anyone else verify this?

It has been shown in the latest videos we've got last week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPzMfizqEQQ#t=1m16s

And a summary from Slowkingsley about what-attacks-to-which-pokémon.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11572608&postcount=80

Lorde
9th September 2010, 4:15 PM
And a summary from Slowkingsley about what-attacks-to-which-pokémon.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11572608&postcount=80

Damn so then it looks like Complete Burn isn't Victini-exclusive as I once thought it would be then. I thought it would be an attack only Victini could learn that would do tons of damage and be an awesome signature move, but Hihidaruma seems to be capable of learning it too. Why is it called Incinerate in that post and not Complete Burn though?

Sakrey
9th September 2010, 5:07 PM
Well, that would be the most accurate word with the meaning of "complete[ly] burn[ed]"
'Icinerate' sounds good to me.

PolarisJunkie
10th September 2010, 1:28 AM
Ice Butt?
The dreaded ThunderButt?

lol. XD What they should do is add elemental Wing attacks for some of bird Pokemon...they could use some type coverage. I've love an Ice Wing, Fire Wing...I mean theres a Steel Wing, why not others?

Princess Milotic☆
10th September 2010, 2:02 AM
lol. XD What they should do is add elemental Wing attacks for some of bird Pokemon...they could use some type coverage. I've love an Ice Wing, Fire Wing...I mean theres a Steel Wing, why not others?

I was thinking of elemental pecks ( Icicle Drill, Flame Beak ).
But wings sound soooo much bettah lol

Bardische
11th September 2010, 11:39 AM
So, Burst Flame sounds like a weaker Lava plume.

And I can't wait to burn things with Boiling Water with my Water wall! :D

Clear Smog sounds exactly like Haze. And how the hell can smog be clear? O_O

Strike Down can make Flying-types look like balloons :D

Heal Beam is the most interesting one. I cannot wait for the supporting metagame :D

sam_h12
11th September 2010, 2:52 PM
has anyone found out what attack the deer evo is using yet?

I think a new nature power is needed, but based on seasons rather than location. agreed?

Lorde
11th September 2010, 3:04 PM
That new attack that the bull Pokemon, Baffuron got is kind of disturbing. I mean, Afro Break, really? Isn't that a tad overdoing it? Giving it an attack named after a type of hairdo? On the other hand, it looks to be a new recoil-damage move from the look of it. I'm hoping to see it used more in Black and White, hopefully by other Pokemon not just Baffuron. Tabunne's Heal Beam looks kind of like a new Heal Bell :S

Icay4321
11th September 2010, 4:56 PM
A water-type move that can burn? I can dig it...

Lorde
11th September 2010, 5:23 PM
So many new moves to keep track of! I'm loving that Zekrom and Reshiram's signature moves are finally revealed after months of people speculating that they'd only get signature abilities at best. Zekrom's Cross Thunder sounds amazing and Reshiram's Cross Flame seems like it'll be a Fire-type counterpart to Zekrom's move. I'm guessing both have the same base power too :/

Bardische
11th September 2010, 5:56 PM
That new attack that the bull Pokemon, Baffuron got is kind of disturbing. I mean, Afro Break, really? Isn't that a tad overdoing it? Giving it an attack named after a type of hairdo? On the other hand, it looks to be a new recoil-damage move from the look of it. I'm hoping to see it used more in Black and White, hopefully by other Pokemon not just Baffuron. Tabunne's Heal Beam looks kind of like a new Heal Bell :S

Really? I saw it as a girly dark pulse ^^

Oh well, at the least the move heals, like literally restores Hp ^^

V Faction
11th September 2010, 11:04 PM
This thread isn't seeing much action, so I'll just write a short piece.

I'm glad to see Abilities getting swapped around and used more frequently. Afrobull with Reckless (an ability that boosts recoil moves) and Ononokusu with Mold Breaker will be sure to make them useful.

Missingno.Fan
11th September 2010, 11:48 PM
What does the Mummy ability do? I heard that it turns the opponant into a mummy. Do they mean a literal mummy or what?

Rainbowdashtheawesome
11th September 2010, 11:59 PM
What does the Mummy ability do? I heard that it turns the opponant into a mummy. Do they mean a literal mummy or what?

The ability is contagious. Any Pokemon that makes physical contact with Dekusan (I think that's his name) gains the Mummy ability. It's very good for crippling opponents with strong abilities, because it eliminates the effects they already have. The one downside is they then get the ability to do the same thing to your Pokemon, but that can be avoided just by avoiding physical attacks.

Sakrey
12th September 2010, 12:01 AM
"when an opponent makes physical contact, it turns its ability into Mummy."
Meaning that if the opponent makes a physical contact with Desukaan, the opponent's original ability will be change for "Mummy"

Its like zombies.
D: zombies eat your braaaaaain D:

Ememew
12th September 2010, 12:06 AM
I think "Mummy" is supposed to change the opponent's ability to Mummy also. Which I interpret to be a built in "Worry Seed" type of thing (to make your opponent's ability ineffective).

From the main page, it looks like the Pokeball-Mushroom gets a hallucinogenic smog attack . . . I mean, this gen's version of Haze.

xmikeyxlikesitx
12th September 2010, 2:23 AM
Well...this "Mummy" ability sounds like zombification, no?

Since the attacking Pokémon's ability can also be "Mummy", one of your Pokémon that attacks it can also gain mummy by attacking the opponent's now "Mummified" Pokémon, right?

So eventually, all 6 in a Triple Battle could be Mummified. Yay!

Princess Milotic☆
12th September 2010, 3:30 AM
It be neat if the infected pokemon got a cool mummy look ;D

Yogi Bear
12th September 2010, 10:06 PM
Desukan already has it's own problem to worry about in competitve play: Slaking. Why? Slaking has Pursuit. Any owner of a Desukan will have to worry in the back of their heads that the opponet will have to predict the switch to Slaking and switch out on that same turn or risk removing the only thing keeping Slaking from eating up the entire 4th generation metagame: Truant.

As for Sturdy's new Focus Sash powers: Skarmory and Forretress as entry hazard engineers will appreciate it immensely. Other less used pokemon like Shuckle, Golem, and Magnezone I can see appreciating Sturdy's new side-effect.

Still want to know what the Box legendaries' abilities do but I wish they'd announce them already.

umbreunatic
12th September 2010, 10:20 PM
Desukan already has it's own problem to worry about in competitve play: Slaking. Why? Slaking has Pursuit. Any owner of a Desukan will have to worry in the back of their heads that the opponet will have to predict the switch to Slaking and switch out on that same turn or risk removing the only thing keeping Slaking from eating up the entire 4th generation metagame: Truant.

Solution to that, cost one move-slot : Protect? Desukan is probably able to learn that move (look at the pokemon that are capable of learning it).

Anyway, I have to agree, this game will change a lot in battles ;)

Yogi Bear
12th September 2010, 10:26 PM
Solution to that, cost one move-slot : Protect? Desukan is probably able to learn that move (look at the pokemon that are capable of learning it).
Slaking also learns Taunt.
Anyway, I have to agree, this game will change a lot in battles ;)

Hopefully there are abilities/moves that balance out entry hazards. Stealth Rock took Charizard and broke its spine on it's knee and just laughed. Either more pokemon need to learn rapid spin, an ability like "clear land" needs to be made (which I can understand a lot being that Isshu is supposed to be an industrialized region: clearing the land of "native" obstacles to produce buildings is extremely easy to understand imo), or Stealth Rock needs to be TONED down. A lot. Stealth Rock makes Belly Drum Charizard useless.

Sarcophaghost
12th September 2010, 10:36 PM
Hopefully there are abilities/moves that balance out entry hazards. Stealth Rock took Charizard and broke its spine on it's knee and just laughed. Either more pokemon need to learn rapid spin, an ability like "clear land" needs to be made (which I can understand a lot being that Isshu is supposed to be an industrialized region: clearing the land of "native" obstacles to produce buildings is extremely easy to understand imo), or Stealth Rock needs to be TONED down. A lot. Stealth Rock makes Belly Drum Charizard useless.

Even worse would be a variation of Stealth Rock. Imagine the terror Ice-typed Stealth Rock would create.

Something like Defog should be a little more common. In HG/SS you can't even get the HM, meaning you're pretty much restricted to Rapid Spin to clear hazards, unless you trade over some guys that already know it.

I like the idea of "Clear Land" though.

Yogi Bear
12th September 2010, 10:46 PM
Even worse would be a variat
ion of Stealth Rock. Imagine the terror Ice-typed Stealth Rock would create.

SR + Ice SR = Flying Types never appearing in competitive battles ever again.

Something like Defog should be a little more common. In HG/SS you can't even get the HM, meaning you're pretty much restricted to Rapid Spin to clear hazards, unless you trade over some guys that already know it.

Defog should be modified to clear the area around YOUR Pokemon and not the opponet. Why do I want to see where my opponet is if I can't even find my own?

I like the idea of "Clear Land" though.

It makes me think of Logging, which is/was one of the first steps towards industrializing an area covered with Trees.

umbreunatic
12th September 2010, 10:54 PM

I understand, but ehm

Slaking is switched in, desukan uses some kind of attack (we assume slaking survives and doesn't get some problem with status or an OHKO)
Desukan uses protect.
Slaking uses some kind of move, taunt doesn't help against protect right?(only if it is used earlier)
Desukan is now able to switch out safe (since slaking will be loafing around)

Yogi Bear
13th September 2010, 1:05 AM
I understand, but ehm

Slaking is switched in, desukan uses some kind of attack (we assume slaking survives and doesn't get some problem with status or an OHKO)
Desukan uses protect.
Slaking uses some kind of move, taunt doesn't help against protect right?(only if it is used earlier)
Desukan is now able to switch out safe (since slaking will be loafing around)

Slaking also learns Block which undoes the entire need for Pursuit

Firstly, assume that Slaking has a moveset of Block, Taunt, Return, and EQ and Desukan has a moveset containing Protect, two other support moves and ghost attack. This sceanario is more likely in a later metagame when Slaking's usage as a Desukan counter is higher.

Slaking switches in. Desukan uses some kind of attack (same assumption as in your example; for convience say a STAB ghost attack).
Desukan doesn't switch out for fear of Pursuit, so it uses Protect to waste Slaking's move.
Slaking uses Block so Desukan can't escape.
Slaking can't move do to Traunt, Desukan attacks again. Slaking isn't killed due to massive 150 base stat HP.
Slaking uses Taunt, and Desukan (to prevent from being attacked) uses PRotect.
Slaking lazes around. Desukan attacks, doesn't kill.
Slaking uses EQ. Traunt is mummified into Mummy. Desukan writes its will.

Now say for some reason that Desukan does not run Protect (move slot syndrome, etc.) and Slaking DOES run Pursuit. Note that Slaking does not need Taunt and has three move slots to use. This scenario is more likely in an early metagame when Slaking is not seen as a Desukan counter.

Slaking switches in. Desukan attacks but does not kill.
slaking uses Pursuit. Desukan switches out after a big hit and Slaking can now Sweep with whatever remaining moves it has. If Desukan stays in, Slaking's ability is STILL mummified. Slaking can now attack with moves that may do more damage to Desukan because of sheer base power (like say EQ).

It's more of a matter of "when" then "how". :p

Brave Birdy
13th September 2010, 6:45 AM
Idk if Desukan is really enough to boost Slaking into higher usage tiers, though. I mean, not every team you face will have a Desukan.

Xyopq
13th September 2010, 4:28 PM
What if Desukan has a move that instantly ko's any other pokemon with the mummy ability?

Arceus, The Original One
13th September 2010, 7:32 PM
What if Desukan has a move that instantly ko's any other pokemon with the mummy ability?

Well that would make it the Grenade Launcher of the Pokemon world then, considering it gives Pokemon the mummy ability. :/

Grass_Starter89
13th September 2010, 7:36 PM
Yeah but would need somehow to make the opponent physical attack it. Maybe bait with extremely high special defense?

Pamizard
13th September 2010, 7:37 PM
*shivers* i think Mummy is going to be the creepiest ability ever ;_; i dont want my pokemon darlings to become zombies D:

Arceus, The Original One
13th September 2010, 7:43 PM
Yeah but would need somehow to make the opponent physical attack it. Maybe bait with extremely high special defense?

That would make it OU. Alot.

Grei
13th September 2010, 11:30 PM
Or Taunt.

It could have Taunt.

Missingno.Fan
13th September 2010, 11:54 PM
*shivers* i think Mummy is going to be the creepiest ability ever ;_; i dont want my pokemon darlings to become zombies D:
I don't think that they become real zombies. They loose their abilities

dman_dustin
14th September 2010, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure when it aired but on oha suta they revealed the oath moves (and their combinations) more depth. And it looks like oath moves actually are attacking moves.

I don't know what fire oath looked like but if I'm not mistaken it's the one where flames shoot upwards from the ground. And then the field had many little flames afterwards. Might have knocked out Munna. (Fire+Grass)

Water Oath- Looked like water spouting from underneath the opponent. Water Oath seemed to knock out Minezumi. And a nice rainbow appeared. (Fire+Water)

Grass Oath- Looked like the best one personally. It was two leafy whirlwinds and hit Chillarmy. It looked really powerful because I think it knocked out Chillarmy out at full health. I could be wrong though but yeah a Tsutarja knocked out a Chillarmy with Grass Oath at full health (and I think both were at Level 50, in fact I think all of them were at level 50 of all the Pokemon). And then a bunch of water covered the field (Grass+Water)

So we're getting powerful combination moves it seems, that the starters in their base form seem to be knocking out Pokemon of level 50 (when they are at level 50). I really doubt they are one hit knock outs though.

Grei
15th September 2010, 2:47 AM
That's odd... I wonder how they work.

Tsutarja uses Grass Oath on one opponent, then Pokabu uses Fire Oath on one opponent, and because the two were used together, a field effect was created?

That's not quite what I had in mind for combination attacks but that's neat I suppose. It catches me a little off-guard, though.

Kuraikarasu
15th September 2010, 3:06 AM
hmmm..... not as I imagined as it would be but still is really cool

I have a theory on reshirams and zekroms abilities

maybe as the battle goes on their fire and/or electric attacks power up each turn
and if the third legend is on the field (ice/dragon?) then their abilities no longer work like moldbreaker
(i know it sounds like the hoenn legends but it seems rather valid to me)

Gupp
15th September 2010, 3:10 AM
hmmm..... not as I imagined as it would be but still is really cool

I have a theory on reshirams and zekroms abilities

maybe as the battle goes on their fire and/or electric attacks power up each turn
and if the third legend is on the field (ice/dragon?) then their abilities no longer work like moldbreaker
(i know it sounds like the hoenn legends but it seems rather valid to me)

It could make sense, the third legendary might be a neutralizer of sorts kinda like Rayquaza.

Or you know... Its ability might just be pressure.

RoninOtterai
15th September 2010, 3:26 AM
Can anyone give me a link to where it was confirmed that shellblade will be a water varient of crush claw? Also, how viable does it seem as a move?

Princess Milotic☆
15th September 2010, 10:54 PM
Can anyone give me a link to where it was confirmed that shellblade will be a water varient of crush claw? Also, how viable does it seem as a move?

Shellblade
Type: Water
(Physical)
Dmg - 75
Secondary Effect - Can also lower Target's Def stat by one level

Pokemon Wiki

Grei
17th September 2010, 1:41 AM
Any word about Encourage's negation of Secondary Effects? Does it prevent negative effects, or only positive ones?

Mewtwo_soul
17th September 2010, 1:51 AM
I'm pretty sure it works like this: ...

It doesn't matter whether negative or positive. As long as the effect actually isn't a condition.

What I mean is moves like Explosion, Self-Destruct, Focus Punch, to use the move the user has to carry out a condition before or after using the move. It is close to the idea of an effect but it is slightly different.

Moves like Hyper Beam, Super Power, Over Heat, and the like are not conditions. If the move misses the effect of the move is not carried out. (No stat reduction, no wait, etc.) However, unlike the conditional moves I'm pretty sure these moves listed (and moves akin to them) have their effects ignored.

Grei
17th September 2010, 2:07 AM
That's. So. Freaking. Awesome!!

Does that include recoil, then?

If it does, Hihidaruma's going to be the biggest Fire-type beast with Flare Blitz. (Or with Overheat if it's Fire/Psychic Forme switches it's Atk and Sp. Atk.)

Mewtwo_soul
17th September 2010, 4:20 AM
I think Recoil would count as a condition personally, however, I could be wrong. (Sorry for not responding sooner)

Bombkirby
17th September 2010, 5:17 AM
I was thinking its a positive ability with a negative drawback. "Makes attacks stronger BUT doesn't allow 2ndary effects" sounds fairer than "Makes attacks stronger AND doesn't allow 2ndary effects to harm you."

AceTrainerRO
17th September 2010, 5:29 AM
Stealth Rock is nowhere to be seen on the TM list....:D

Mewtwo_soul
17th September 2010, 6:03 AM
Holy crap. That is like some of the greatest news on move/TM list I've heard all day if it turns out to be 100% correct.

Ethan
17th September 2010, 6:07 AM
Roopushin with encourage sounds very frightening.

Bombkirby
17th September 2010, 2:50 PM
I really want a list of all the pokemon that can surf and fly.

Darkfall
17th September 2010, 3:18 PM
Any word about Encourage's negation of Secondary Effects? Does it prevent negative effects, or only positive ones?

I doubt it'll prevent Recoil or Stat Reduction.

The secondary effects are most likely stuff like Flinching (Headbutt) or added status (Secret Power).

A reverse Serene Grace, if you would.

DFang
17th September 2010, 3:38 PM
Wow. How about Arbok with Coil-up, Ice Fang, GUNKSHOT and Earthquake. Hello UU!

PkMnPwNs1991
17th September 2010, 4:03 PM
The new ghost lamp Shanderaa is going to be an absolute monster. 145 base Special Attack with a Flash Fire boost is gonna be nearly unstoppable. If I'm doing the calcs correctly, if it's Modest with Life Orb and a FF boost it can 2HKO 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey with Fire Blast, without Stealth Rock. That's pretty impressive.

Also, does anyone know what the ability Weak-Kneed does? The archaeopteryx is definitely my favorite at the moment, but I have no idea what its ability does. With 140 base Attack, 112 base Special Attack and 110 base Speed it will be a serious force to be reckoned with, unless its ability is hindering. My hopeful guess is that the ability prevents it from being grounded from stuff like Gravity and Strike Down.

Scarlet Spyder
17th September 2010, 4:10 PM
The new ghost lamp Shanderaa is going to be an absolute monster. 145 base Special Attack with a Flash Fire boost is gonna be nearly unstoppable. If I'm doing the calcs correctly, if it's Modest with Life Orb and a FF boost it can 2HKO 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey with Fire Blast, without Stealth Rock. That's pretty impressive.

Also, does anyone know what the ability Weak-Kneed does? The archaeopteryx is definitely my favorite at the moment, but I have no idea what its ability does. With 140 base Attack, 112 base Special Attack and 110 base Speed it will be a serious force to be reckoned with, unless its ability is hindering. My hopeful guess is that the ability prevents it from being grounded from stuff like Gravity and Strike Down.

I believe Weak-Kneed halves the Pokemon's stats when it's HP is below 50%. Something along those lines...

PkMnPwNs1991
17th September 2010, 4:20 PM
I believe Weak-Kneed halves the Pokemon's stats when it's HP is below 50%. Something along those lines...

Ugh, I really hope that isn't the case. It will be virtually useless in competitive battles if that's the case. It'll have to be a revenge killer at best since it takes 25% from SR and has poor defenses, and Life Orb is basically out of the question. Oh well, it'll still be viable in-game at least. It's definitely going to be a staple on my team.

Victreebong
17th September 2010, 4:33 PM
Stealth Rock is nowhere to be seen on the TM list....:D

Nope. TM 76 now is "Bug Resistance", whatever that means. I hope it's nowhere to be seen in the game. That was one aspect of DP that we could all live without.

That doesn't mean it's not a move tutor move, nor does it mean it won't be ubiquitous.

Lee-san
17th September 2010, 4:52 PM
It seems Tackle's power was boosted to 50..same with Pound.

Lee-san
17th September 2010, 5:36 PM
All new attacks and changes in level-up moves:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983

Bombkirby
17th September 2010, 6:00 PM
All new attacks and changes in level-up moves:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983

Thanks a lot for the link! :D

AceTrainerRO
17th September 2010, 6:05 PM
666: Fire/Psychic 105/30/105/140/105/55

Hihi's alt. form's stats

KentuckyFriedTorchic
17th September 2010, 6:31 PM
Yeah Drain-punch from 60 to 75! My Hitmonchan is happy now!
and Icicle spear is now 25 base power, that means that cloyster has a 125 base power stab move (with skill link ability). You see, they still show some love to old generations even without new pre/evo's.

SunRiver
17th September 2010, 6:34 PM
I'm really 'angry', from what I saw; Denchura has a great ability but doesn't get the one attack it needs for a special stab 90+ accuracy from leveling up or a TM. Talking about Thunder. Even ThunderBolt is missing. Has Spider Web and Bug Buzz. Charge Beam is 100%. Hope there are tutors or this spider is going to be this generation's Flareon.

Water/Ghost: Love the Recover/Water Spout/Night Shade combos!

Steel/Grass: Has Curse, Ingrain, Power Whip, Payback!

Blazios
17th September 2010, 6:40 PM
I hope that the new attack that Mewtwo gets at Level 100 is good. From the looks of that list, it's the only 'mon that can learn it by leveling up, whatever it is.

EDIT: Apparently, it's a 100% accuracy 100BP Special Psychic attack that uses Mewtwo's Sp Attack stat but the opponent's Defense stat.

Dragoon952
17th September 2010, 7:05 PM
Holy crap. The new dream world abilities = GAME CHANGERS.

Ninetales with Drought and Politoed with Drizzle. Those will go through the roof usage-wise I bet. Tons of Tinted Lens users. The whole list is full of things that are going to turn the game on its head.

AceTrainerRO
17th September 2010, 7:05 PM
Luxray got Guts!

Blazios
17th September 2010, 7:14 PM
Luxray got Guts!

So did Flareon!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:20 PM
Luxray got Guts!

So did Flareon!

I"m laughing with amusement and joy to what Game Freak has done to the meta game. This is remarkable. Now tiers will be swapped up and down and base stats changing abound. Reckless Staraptor or Aftermath Electrode? Kamikaze Pokemon everywhere!

SunRiver
Swampert has Damp! Glicsor has Poison Heal!

AceTrainerRO
Gochiruzeru....Fire/Ghost....Shadow Tag. god.

KentuckyFriedTorchic
Teddiursa got honey gather, damn thats cute:p

EDIT:
OMFG Blaziken got speed boost!!!one!! yeeeeaahhhh!!
Hoozah, take that infernape!! HAH

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:23 PM
Teddiursa got honey gather, damn thats cute:p

I'm obviously going to name mine Winnie after the Pooh.

Rentaline99
17th September 2010, 7:24 PM
Ninetales with drought!!!!?
Are you ****ing me right now?!
edit: Flash fire typhlosion?!
I'm about to get into meta game! My favs can survive! I have the poweeeerrr!!!! *transforms*

AceTrainerRO
17th September 2010, 7:26 PM
Scrappy Swellow :O!!!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:48 PM
Scrappy Swellow :O!!!

I've been wanting another flier for sometime. Now Swellow can gracefully attack ghosts with ease.

Wordy
17th September 2010, 8:08 PM
Can we actually log onto the Dream World website yet? I want to have a look around.

My God the tiers will change so massively.It's like a fighting game balance patch. The Dream World Patch.

warnerbroman
17th September 2010, 8:19 PM
I can't find the mummy

Solar charizard!

Gluttony snorlax

speed boost say "screw you" to infenape!

Ice body regice 1.00 for me!

Super luck togekiss is good?

reckless head smash pig!

choice band iron fist clown! (if it can breed with hitmonchan)

I usually avoid gimmicks but this is too good to ignore!

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 8:21 PM
For those who are happy about speed boost don't forget that Infernape gets Iron Fist.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 8:27 PM
Can we actually log onto the Dream World website yet? I want to have a look around.

My God the tiers will change so massively.It's like a fighting game balance patch. The Dream World Patch.

Here you go.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/

Just to let you know, the Dream World isn't up yet.

Flame Haze SnS
17th September 2010, 9:00 PM
Sharpedo + Speed Boost + Sword Dance + Focus Sash = One Hit Knock-Out

Blaziken + Speed Boost + Bulk Up/Sword Dance + Focus Sash = OHKO

Man, looks like Gyarados (with Dragon Dance) and Ninjask and among few others aren't the only ones...

Deadmuskrat
17th September 2010, 9:05 PM
Politoad has Drizzle =)

I love this

Edit: I know this is a little early to ask, but has it been determined that these new abilities are passed on through breeding?

Shneak
17th September 2010, 9:08 PM
Some Pokemon are probably going to move up some tiers with their new abilities.

Nacreous
17th September 2010, 9:25 PM
I wonder what ability Pidgeot gets...I'd laugh if it gets something similar to Huge Power XD..the bird will get some redemption

SmartD
17th September 2010, 9:29 PM
There are some Dream World Pokemon that caught my eye:

Flareon and Shinx line: Guts
Togepi line: Super Luck
Chimchar line: Iron Fist
Torchic line: Speed Boost

The game's gonna change dramatically.

Charmander#4
17th September 2010, 9:30 PM
These new abilities are insane. Drizzle? Drought? Shadow Tag? Blaziken with Speed Boost.

In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd: "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!"

Dragoon952
17th September 2010, 9:44 PM
These new abilities are insane. Drizzle? Drought? Shadow Tag? Blaziken with Speed Boost.

In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd: "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!"

Maybe Game Freak was intentionally messing with the status quo ;) It sure makes it harder to predict what's going on.

Blazios
17th September 2010, 9:57 PM
For those who are happy about speed boost don't forget that Infernape gets Iron Fist.

Which powers up Fire Punch (Still weaker than Flare Blitz), Mach Punch and Thunderpunch.

Ethan
17th September 2010, 9:57 PM
Initially I didn't think the candle pokemon would be too much of a threat, and might get the same fate as Porygon - Z. But now since it has that shadow tag ability people can just hide that monster somewhere on their team and bring it on something it walls and kill it. I can totally see the entire metagame conforming to take on that damned candle.

And I wish a pokemon cooler than gay politoed got such an awesome ability like drizzle.

Although I'm very pleased the Water/Ground frog got water absorb. :D

Dragoon952
17th September 2010, 10:00 PM
Initially I didn't think the candle pokemon would be too much of a threat, and might get the same fate as Porygon - Z. But now since it has that shadow tag ability people can just hide that monster somewhere on their team and bring it on something it walls and kill it. I can totally see the entire metagame conforming to take on that damned candle.

I said it in anotehr thread, but I wonder if they start having to expand ubers to certain Pokemon/Ability combinations instead of whole pokemon altogether.

Bloush
17th September 2010, 10:00 PM
wow these new abilites make some of the UU pokemon... alot better
im happily surprised. And wasnt the movesets just up a secound ago in the pokedex,and now their down? is the movesets already out? nvm their back up

SHINY CATCHER
17th September 2010, 10:11 PM
Why GameFreak, Why. Sceptile + Unburden. Why make it faster instead of stronger. Well at least it'll now be the fastest SubSeeder.

Blaziken + Speed Boost = Awesome
Swampert + Damp = Metagross can do nothing
Ninetales/Politoed + Drought/Drizzle = Instant UBER

Ethan
17th September 2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know about them being ubers exactly. Drought ninetales can still be easily countered by tyranitar.

Perapmanta_017
17th September 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm liking Grass Mixer and the ability Telepathy...they just sound great ! Can't wait 'till the games come out in the U.S. in April or May (I heard from GameStop that the games were coming out April 1st !!) so we will know the English names for everything.

Villi
17th September 2010, 11:02 PM
Is it possible the Dream World Pokemon will have fixed IV's and Natures? I mean, the way they are obtained, they almost seem like event Pokemon. I haven't seen anything to confirm or deny this, but I may have missed something.

The way they are, it really seems a bit radical for all of these Pokemon to be introduced into the metagame. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to be nerfed somehow.

Grassmen
17th September 2010, 11:10 PM
There are some really interesting changes this gen...
I've noticed Butterfree, Venomoth, Beautifuly, and Dustox, are among a few who all get a new attack that increases Sp.A, Sp.D AND Speed. That's pretty awesome, though its probably not enough to make them viable for competitive play.

A Sashed Butterfree that uses Compoundeyes Sleep Powder to ensure the use of this stat increasing move could be interesting though.

Brave Birdy
17th September 2010, 11:22 PM
These new abilities....epic.

So do you guys think that Speed Boost Blaziken outclasses Infernape? Or will they now have different roles which they'll perform?

Grei
17th September 2010, 11:27 PM
Turtwig and Mijumaru lines with Shell Armor is sort of boring... ah well. Gliscor with Poison Heal is interesting. And the Bug/Steel ant with Truant totally kills it. Any Fire-type can roast it easily.

warnerbroman
18th September 2010, 12:10 AM
Politoad has Drizzle =)

I love this

Edit: I know this is a little early to ask, but has it been determined that these new abilities are passed on through breeding?
I wonder why slowking/bro could not get it? I hope they are breedable.

Quagsire1
18th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Has anyone else noticed that if Hihidaruma's ability is Daruma Mode, it becomes a Fire/Psychic type? I wonder if it learns psychic type attacks.

V Faction
18th September 2010, 12:57 AM
I wonder how Shell Armor works against the Ice attack that always crits. I'm guessing the Pokemon is protected.

Feedmeacat
18th September 2010, 1:49 AM
I'm liking the sound of Dust-Proof. Maybe it means I can take my pokemon to Burning Man next year! Wait, no, my DS still isn't dust proof :(

Mewtwo_soul
18th September 2010, 2:03 AM
I don't know about them being ubers exactly. Drought ninetales can still be easily countered by tyranitar.

Smogon last I checked (if we're talking of Smogon) pointed out a Lvl. 1 Kyogre and Groudon is still broken. >.> I'm thinking Drought Ninetails and so on will be forbidden in standard play.

Meganium
18th September 2010, 2:31 AM
Ninetales is my favorite pokemon and I've felt flash fire isn't that great an ability, why would anyone with a brain use a fire attack on it? But drought is a way better ability than I thought it would've gotten. Don't care if its banned in standard play, I still want one.

-Unicorno-
18th September 2010, 2:36 AM
Smogon last I checked (if we're talking of Smogon) pointed out a Lvl. 1 Kyogre and Groudon is still broken. >.> I'm thinking Drought Ninetails and so on will be forbidden in standard play.
wow i dont know how thats possible
you know a lv.1 rattata could be broken if it was FEAR

Mewtwo_soul
18th September 2010, 3:00 AM
wow i dont know how thats possible
you know a lv.1 rattata could be broken if it was FEAR

I hope that was sarcasm. The reason those abilities make any Pokemon broken is because they allow the team to be set up. (Speed Boosts, Hydration Vap/etc.) Generally (also in the case of Drought) it is powerful.

Fear is far from broken. It is countered by a majority of Pokemon, and moves. (Fake Out + Any move, Taunt, etc.)

Ditto_Master
18th September 2010, 3:54 AM
Any word on Ditto's Dreamworld ability?

slowkingsley
18th September 2010, 4:03 AM
Here is a list of all the new moves in the game with their effects. I have matched up the names of moves that have been mentioned so far.

[Claw Sharpen]: Other Dark PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises Attack + accuracy]
[M469]: Other Rock PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User and allies protected from multi-target attacks]
[M470]: Other Psychic PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User averages Defense and Special Defense with target]
[M471]: Other Psychic PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User averages Attack and Special Attack with target]
[M472]: Other Psychic PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [All Defense and Special Defense swapped for 5 turns]
[M473]: Special Psychic PP: 10 Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Causes Physical damage]
[Venom Shock]: Special Poison PP: 10 Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Power 130 if target is poisoned]
[M475]: Other Steel PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Sharply raises user's Speed]
[M476]: Other Bug PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: Whenever an opposing PokČmon uses an attack with a target of "single non-user" or "single opposing PokČmon" this round and there is a Pokemon at the position of this attack's user, it is directed to the Pokemon at the position of this attack's user instead of to any other non-user of that attack. Remains effective even if user is replaced. Priority level 3.
[Telekinesis]: Other Psychic PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Target easier to hit for 3 turns]
[Magic Room]: Other Psychic PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Items can't be used for 5 turns]
[Strike Down]: Physical Rock PP: 15 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Target falls to the ground] (100%)
[M480]: Physical Fighting PP: 10 Power: 40 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Always causes a critical hit]
[Burst Flame]: Special Fire PP: 15 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Also damages allies slightly]
[Sludge Wave]: Special Poison PP: 10 Power: 95 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May poison opponent. (10%)
[M483]: Other Bug PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed]
[M484]: Physical Steel PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Heavier the user, the more powerful]
[M485]: Special Psychic PP: 15 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Hits any Pokémon of same type as user]
[Eleci Ball]: Special Electric PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [More powerful the faster user is than target]
[Soak]: Other Water PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Changes target's type to Water]
[Nitro Charge]: Physical Fire PP: 20 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [May raise Speed]
[Coil]: Other Poison PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises user's Attack, Defense and accuracy]
[Low Kick]: Physical Fighting PP: 20 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Decreases opponent's Speed by 1 stage.
[Acid Bomb]: Special Poison PP: 20 Power: 40 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Sharply lowers target's Special Defense]
****ickery]: Physical Dark PP: 15 Power: 95 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Higher target's Attack, more powerful]
[Simple Beam]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Changes target's ability to Simple]
[M494]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Makes target's Ability same as user's]
[You First]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Makes target attack next]
[Rinshou]: Special Normal PP: 15 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Allies with same move make the attack do more damage]
[M497]: Special Normal PP: 15 Power: 40 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Does extra damage if used every turn]
[M498]: Physical Normal PP: 20 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Target's stat changes don't affect this attack]
[Clear Smog]: Special Poison PP: 15 Power: 50 / Accuracy: --- Effect: [All status changes return to normal]
[M500]: Special Psychic PP: 10 Power: 20 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [The more the user's stats are raised, the more powerful]
[M501]: Other Fighting PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User and allies protected from priority attacks]
[Side Change]: Other Psychic PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Switches position with an ally]
[Boiling Water]: Special Water PP: 15 Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May burn opponent. (30%)
[M504]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Lowers user's Defense and Special Defense, raises user's Attack, Special Attack and Speed]
[Heal Pulse]: Other Psychic PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Heals target 50% Max HP]
[M506]: Special Ghost PP: 10 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Power 100 if target has status condition]
[Freefall]: Physical Flying PP: 10 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [2 turns. Target cannot attack during.]
[M508]: Other Steel PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises user's Attack and sharply raises user's Speed]
[M509]: Physical Fighting PP: 10 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [Move last. Target switches out]
[Incinerate]: Special Fire PP: 15 Power: 30 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Destroys target's Berry]
[M511]: Other Dark PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Makes target move last]
[Acrobat]: Physical Flying PP: 15 Power: 55 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Power 110 if opponent has no item]
[M513]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User changes to same type as target]
[Get Even]: Physical Normal PP: 5 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [More powerful if ally fainted on previous turn]
[M515]: Special Fighting PP: 5 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [User faints. Target takes damage equal to user's HP]
[Gift Pass]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Gives held item to target if they have none]
[M517]: Special Fire PP: 5 Power: 100 / Accuracy: 50 Effect: May burn opponent. (100%)
[Water Oath]: Special Water PP: 10 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [If used with Fire Oath, creates rainbow that may cause Confusion]
[Fire Oath]: Special Fire PP: 10 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [If used with Grass Oath, creates burning field that causes damage every turn]
[Grass Oath]: Special Grass PP: 10 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [If used with Water Oath, creates swamp that lowers Speed of all]
[Volt Change]: Special Electric PP: 20 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: After this attack is used, if this attack is successful, if user has at least 1 HP, and if user's party has at least one non-active PokČmon and the opposing Pokemon's party has at least one unfainted PokČmon that isn't an egg, this attack causes the user to switch even if it cannot switch. (The new PokČmon becomes active immediately. Effect of Destiny Bond and Grudge takes precedence over this attack's effect.)
[Bug Resistance]: Special Bug PP: 20 Power: 30 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May decrease opponent's Special Attack by 1 stage.
[Smooth Over]: Physical Ground PP: 20 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May decrease opponent's Speed by 1 stage.
[Ice Breath]: Special Ice PP: 10 Power: 40 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [Always causes a critical hit] (100%)
[Dragon Tail]: Physical Dragon PP: 10 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [Move last. Target switches out]
[Cheer Up]: Other Normal PP: 30 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises Attack and Special Attack]
[M527]: Special Electric PP: 15 Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: Decreases opponent's Speed by 1 stage.
[Wild Bolt]: Physical Electric PP: 15 Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Returns to user 1/4 of HP lost by opponent due to this attack (recoil).
[Drill Liner]: Physical Ground PP: 10 Power: 80 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: Good chance for a critical hit.
[Double Chop]: Physical Dragon PP: 15 Power: 40 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: Strikes twice.
[Heart Stamp]: Physical Psychic PP: 25 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May cause opponent to flinch.
[Wood Horn]: Physical Grass PP: 10 Power: 75 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: If this attack is successful, user gains half of HP lost by opponent due to this attack.
[M533]: Physical Fighting PP: 20 Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Target's stat changes don't affect this attack]
[Shell Blade]: Physical Water PP: 10 Power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: May decrease opponent's Defense by 1 stage.
[Heat Stamp]: Physical Fire PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Heavier the user, the more powerful]
[Grass Mixer]: Special Grass PP: 10 Power: 65 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: May decrease opponent's Accuracy by 1 stage.
[M537]: Physical Bug PP: 20 Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May cause opponent to flinch. Power is doubled if Minimize is in effect for opponent.
[M538]: Other Grass PP: 10 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Sharply raises user's Defense]
[Night Burst]: Special Dark PP: 10 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: May decrease opponent's Accuracy by 1 stage.
[M540]: Special Psychic PP: 10 Power: 100 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Causes Physical damage]
[Sweep Slap]: Physical Normal PP: 10 Power: 25 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: Multi-hit attack. Attacks two to five times in a row. 37.5% for 2 or 3 times; 12.5% for 4 or 5 times.
[Wind Storm]: Special Flying PP: 10 Power: 120 / Accuracy: 70 Effect: [May cause confusion] (30%)
[Afro Break]: Physical Normal PP: 15 Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Returns to user 1/4 of HP lost by opponent due to this attack (recoil).
[Gear Saucer]: Physical Steel PP: 15 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: Strikes twice.
[Flame Bomb]: Special Fire PP: 5 Power: 100 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May burn opponent. (30%)
[M546]: Special Normal PP: 5 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: If user is holding a Plate, this attack's type depends on the Plate held.
[M547]: Special Normal PP: 10 Power: 75 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [May cause Sleep] (10%)
[M548]: Special Fighting PP: 10 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Causes Physical damage]
[Frozen World]: Special Ice PP: 10 Power: 65 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: [Sharply lowers target's Speed]
[M550]: Physical Electric PP: 5 Power: 130 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: May paralyze opponent. (20%)
[M551]: Special Fire PP: 5 Power: 130 / Accuracy: 85 Effect: May burn opponent. (20%)
[M552]: Special Fire PP: 10 Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: May increase user's Special Attack by 1 stage.
[M553]: Physical Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [May cause paralysis] (30%)
[M554]: Special Ice PP: 5 Power: 140 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: [May cause a burn] (30%)
[M555]: Special Dark PP: 15 Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: May decrease opponent's Special Attack by 1 stage.
[M556]: Physical Ice PP: 10 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: May cause opponent to flinch.
[M557]: Physical Fire PP: 5 Power: 180 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: [Lower's user's Defense, Special Defense and Speed]
[Cross Flame]: Special Fire PP: 5 Power: 100 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [More powerful if ally uses 559]
[Cross Thunder]: Physical Electric PP: 5 Power: 100 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [More powerful if ally uses 558]

There are also a few named moves I either can't place on the list or am having trouble translating.

- Psycho Shock
- Nashikuzushi
- Saki Okuri

- Rinshou (Companion Reward?)
- Kogoeru Sekai (Frozen World?)

Also note that TM47 - Low Kick is a new move that is called that in Japanese, not the current english named Low Kick.

So there is a total of 91 new attacks in the 5th gen.

Also there have been some changes to some existing moves

- Thrash and Petal Dance have increased to 120
- Giga Drain and Drain Punch have increased to 75
- Hi Jump Kick has increased to 130
- Fury Cutter has increased to 20
- Bullet Seed and Icicle Spear have increased to 25 and Rock Blast's Accuracy to 90%
- Accuracies of the trapping movesBind, Wrap, Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, and Clamp have all increased to 85%
- Accuracies of Glare(90%), Disable(100%), Poison Gas(80%), Cotton Spore(100%) and Scary Face(100%) have also incresed

The Trapinch
18th September 2010, 9:37 AM
There's no reason to ban ninetales.
It's the power, not ability that makes for example groudon uber.
From the other side - Tyranitar isn't uber, abomasnow isn't uber, despite they induce eternal weather.Always we can spam golduck xD
Anyway, have you noted the mighty nasty plot lucario?
Coupled with speed boost blaziken there's no more place for inferno.
Back to weathers - there's one reason to ban tyranitar: Doryuuzu.
Imagine the powah of swords danced(learns by lv-up) LOed,EQ(off base 135 attack) and speed boosted to 550!

SunRiver
18th September 2010, 11:17 AM
Any news on the complete TM list?

Lucario At Service
18th September 2010, 11:26 AM
"slowkingsley" you forgot to mention the change to "Tackle". Its Base Power has been increased from 35 to 50 and Accuracy from 95 to 100.

Chimchar15
18th September 2010, 11:46 AM
According to pokejungle Nitro Charge does lower speed instead of may lowering speed. I hope they're right but knowing slowkingsley they're probably not. Also:

[M557]: Physical Fire PP: 5 Power: 180 / Accuracy: 95 Effect: [Lower's user's Defense, Special Defense and Speed]

^ Does this move sound just a tad bit broken to anyone else?

Nacreous
18th September 2010, 11:52 AM
"slowkingsley" you forgot to mention the change to "Tackle". Its Base Power has been increased from 35 to 50 and Accuracy from 95 to 100.

I wonder what other changes have been made

Hexametaphosphate
18th September 2010, 1:45 PM
Wow, all those physical Fire, Electric and Ice attacks O_O
I hope they're TMs...

bleeding-chocobo
18th September 2010, 1:52 PM
They changed Tackle's power and accuracy? Yay. :D

PJ_Graphix
18th September 2010, 2:34 PM
just to be sure. the ability "Weak-Kneed" ... does it lower the ancient bird-dino pokemon's attack when it gets below 50%, or is it lowering all his stats. or atk and sp atk. is speed lowered? these are important questions because if its just atk, then he could be an awesome mixed sweeper or use status moves possibly?

sitrus berry seems like a good idea on him to prolong his abuse!

The legendary trainer
18th September 2010, 3:02 PM
To be honest with you, I don't even really know yet.....

ForeverFlame
18th September 2010, 4:01 PM
I'm loving all of the chemo Gamefreak applied to the Metagame. Now there might be some variety (*GASP*) in teams.

Dagesun
18th September 2010, 4:05 PM
ˇIts amazing atacks!

Grei
18th September 2010, 4:24 PM
According to pokejungle Nitro Charge does lower speed instead of may lowering speed. I hope they're right but knowing slowkingsley they're probably not. Also:

^ Does this move sound just a tad bit broken to anyone else?

Seriously? 180 power? That's insanely broken.

I thought Nitro Charge raised speed?