PDA

View Full Version : New Characters Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Serebii
29th August 2010, 9:57 AM
Discuss the various new characters here.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/characters.shtml

WeWereGiants
29th August 2010, 10:00 AM
I really hope that the rivals/friends have a big role throughout the game, unlike Lyra or Wally...

Maybe one of them could become the champion or become a part of Team Plasma.

Lorde
29th August 2010, 10:11 AM
The only character who seems anything like a rival to me in Black and White is Cheren. He looks sort of cold and tactical, like a rival should be. Belle looks too sweet and N, I don't even know if he is a rival but apparently, he's a bad guy. Cheren looks a bit like some of the generic "cool guys" from other series so he's a breath of fresh air :)

Ash-kid
29th August 2010, 10:14 AM
Professor Araragi seems very nice, I pretty loved that this time we have a woman professor and not a male.

The rest are great too. Cheren seems nice as a childhood friend, and N's still wrapped under a mystery.

s2daam
29th August 2010, 11:44 AM
Cheren looks like he's one not to be messed with, but Belle looks like the one that would come out on top. I don't know, I think she will come out and suprise us all and become the champion or something!

N, mysterious looking, but I'm sure he will be the more serious rival, while Cheren and Belle are just friendly battling.

Makomo, she won't have much of a role in the game will she?, It will probably be like Celio, introduced by someone (in this case Araragi) and show you something (in this case the High Link or whatever) and then not do anything.

Araragi, love. The first in-game female professor of a reigon.

Dento, I will have to see more about, he's not top of my list

Aloe, she looks unique from the other gym leaders we've had before, and the first cook, No? (I'm not counting Brock seems that's in the anime).

Torpoleon
29th August 2010, 2:19 PM
Professor Araragi as a female is interesting because she is the first female main series professor!

I'm hoping that Cheren & Belle are characters that you battle often and that they have interesting Pokémon. With N, like some said, maybe he is apart of Team Plasma. Either that, or he eventually becomes the Isshu Region Champion.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
29th August 2010, 3:33 PM
Anybody wonder who the 2 mysterious girls in one of the trailers are?

Are they hostages? Are they administrators? Are they just random people?

Weaver_8
29th August 2010, 4:05 PM
On Makomo, she looks like she may end up being rather enthusiastic about her job. Oh, and Musharan's too.
Araragi Is pretty cool, she looks like her character will be very nice, and seeing as the starters are a gift perhaps she will be the first professor not asking you to go do research for them.
In terms of Cheren and Belle, it seems they brought to us the happy perky rival and the cold tactical rival. I hope they are both equally important to the story.

yba_990
29th August 2010, 4:39 PM
I really think that N would later be revealed as the champion, and that in the time he spends as a champion he relaizes that pokemon are not treated fairly and then starts this whole new direction towards pokemon.
PS: happy birthday in advance to Weaver_8 :D

mayaman2
29th August 2010, 4:51 PM
Yay, first page. Hey, do you think that, since there's a complete revamp of the series, that the rival from the show could come in? I mean, if N is the champion, and he is the Leader of Team Plasma, then he could get arrested and Shooti could be come champ?

Grei
29th August 2010, 5:09 PM
I adore White, so much. If I didn't know that playing as Dawn in 'my Platinum' would alienate the experience (because I am not a girl), I would totally pick her.

;_;

But anyway, I like the characters introduced so far.

Prof. Yew Araragi - Maybe she studies divergent evolution. Otherwise I have no clue what she may study. Since she gives the Starters as a gift... maybe she's your Mom? That'd be interesting, and would sort of set up yours and Cheren's rivalry.
Mokomo - Cheren's mom? And possibly only really useful for Musharna and the Dream World. I kind of expect her to be just a more fleshed-out Aide (I see you have 30 Pokemon in the Dex! Here's an Itemfinder!).
N - I sort of expect him to be the one being crowned in the trailer for BW. Since he and Team Plasma have similar goals, I bet they join forces and N becomes the "Boss" of Plasma or something.
Cheren and Belle - It's nice to have two actual rivals. It'd be cool if Belle battles you just as often as Cheren does, and doesn't pull a Brendan/May from RSE.

Luke the Almighty
29th August 2010, 5:31 PM
Cheren is the best rival of all the rivals and no rival can compare to this rival.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
29th August 2010, 5:46 PM
Cheren is the best rival of all the rivals and no rival can compare to this rival.

And yet, you've never battled him, and nobody in the world has.. Well except the game developers and the people who've played the demo. Xp

But yeah, Cheren seems cool, despite his geekiness. :D

Grei
29th August 2010, 5:54 PM
I personally like Barry's design much more than Cheren, appearance-wise. Then again, I just sort of like Barry in general. He's the only rival I've ever really liked, with Gary being a sort of exception (I don't like him, I just think his FRLG design is cool).

Silver_Seoul
29th August 2010, 6:13 PM
Grei beat me to it, but I'm gonna bet that Makomo is Cheren's mom, or they're at least related. :P

And yeah, I'm really loving the whole two-rival+one antagonist thing. That equation coupled with Team Plasma better equal a whole lot of battling.

Luke the Almighty
29th August 2010, 6:44 PM
Cheren + Belle + Player Character = Teamed up triple battle against N/Team Plasma.

Yes.

Grei
29th August 2010, 6:49 PM
Cheren + Belle + Player Character = Teamed up triple battle against N/Team Plasma.

Yes.

I would love this. I almost expect there to be at least one battle (probably against N and Team Plasma, as you suggested) where you team up with Cheren and Belle in a Triple Battle.

That will be awesome.

Luke the Almighty
29th August 2010, 6:52 PM
I would love this. I almost expect there to be at least one battle (probably against N and Team Plasma, as you suggested) where you team up with Cheren and Belle in a Triple Battle.

That will be awesome.

All the evolved starters getting sent out at the same time.

Yes.

KanNKeller
29th August 2010, 7:11 PM
I remember seeing someone think that N was a Zoroark or Zorua in disguise.... I thought that would be an interesting twist to the games.

KGB13
29th August 2010, 7:29 PM
Professor Araragi - Having a female professor this time around is a great break from tradition, she looks pretty nice.

Makomo - We still don't know too much about her, but to me, she looks like she could be funny and a little quirky. She looks like she helps the professor out but isn't good at anything.

Cheren - He looks really cool and seems like a tough opponent, can't wait to learn more about him his personality.

Belle - She seems very sweet and not very rival like, but who knows, she could be pretty good.

N - I really want to know more about this guy. His design is cool and his mission is very interesting.

SharpedoSteve
29th August 2010, 7:31 PM
All the evolved starters getting sent out at the same time.

Yes.

I really like the idea of a triple battle with yourself, Cheren and Belle. All 3 starters eveolved forms comming out at once will be epic :P hopefully if it does happen it will be near the end of the story so that we can have the whole starter full evolutions thing.

I can also see another possible triple battle with Belle and Cheren happening, your first triple battle and they are there battling with you to show you how it works.

UseYourImagination
29th August 2010, 8:03 PM
I'm glad there are older female characters. Now people can say there are sexy cartoon women in the franchise and not be called pedophiles! lol

Mr. Joker
29th August 2010, 9:40 PM
I'm glad there are older female characters. Now people can say there are sexy cartoon women in the franchise and not be called pedophiles! lol

oh wow, you proud?

Nielsspeler
29th August 2010, 9:45 PM
I like them.

'Nuff said.

Jaggy101
29th August 2010, 10:29 PM
All the new characters are cool. They look more mature and the new Professor seems like shes really light hearted and will help out the player.

Luke the Almighty
29th August 2010, 11:06 PM

Gym Leaders...? ._.;

[Super_Fjord]
29th August 2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, now they'll just call you effing weird.

Anyway... I'm hoping the characters will be utilized more frequently, more like they were in D/P/Plt, except perhaps with even more frequency than that. Triple battles with Cheren+Belle = yes, please.

Cerex
29th August 2010, 11:19 PM
The characters this time seem a lot more diverse and I like that. I hope you will get the opportunity to battle against and with the two rivals throughout the game. I also hope it is something that you can continue to do even after the Elite Four.

N is really mysterious and he seems like he will be even more vicious than your rivals in the past, since he kind of hates you because you obtain Pokemon. One thing I am hoping for is the possibility that he will capture the other version exclusive Pokemon, to further play off the the Yin/Yang concept. That way if you capture Zekrom you will have to battle him with a Reshiram in an epic final battle. Since he doesn't seem like the type of trainer that would take part in the typical Gym Leader and League battles it seems like a fair place to put him.

Plus it makes since for other trainers to capture legendaries too, especially since you can't capture the other version exclusive one in the game.

cranberries
30th August 2010, 1:55 AM
The characters this time seem a lot more diverse and I like that. I hope you will get the opportunity to battle against and with the two rivals throughout the game. I also hope it is something that you can continue to do even after the Elite Four.

N is really mysterious and he seems like he will be even more vicious than your rivals in the past, since he kind of hates you because you obtain Pokemon. One thing I am hoping for is the possibility that he will capture the other version exclusive Pokemon, to further play off the the Yin/Yang concept. That way/ if you capture Zekrom you will have to battle him with a Reshiram in an epic final battle. Since he doesn't seem like the type of trainer that would take part in the typical Gym Leader and League battles it seems like a fair place to put him.

Plus it makes since for other trainers to capture legendaries too, especially since you can't capture the other version exclusive one in the game.

So it would happen somthing like this?

Team plasma and N manage to capture and controll R@m, and then the otherone comes to controll the caos, and "allows" you to catch it i order to team up and defeat plasma/N.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 2:03 AM
I just noticed that Belle looks a lot like Barry/Jun from the DP games. Could they somehow be connected? Could Belle be related to your old rival from Sinnoh? It would be interesting. Belle's design shares so many similarities like hair color and clothes color (green and orange tones). Unlike Cheren, she seems totally lighthearted and sweet, much like a supporting character rather than a rival :S

Grei
30th August 2010, 2:19 AM
Maybe. It's unlikely they are related but I could totally see it (and would actually like to).

I could see it happening if Belle only lives with her dad (she's confirmed to have a dad, no mention of a mom) and there was some sort of reference to how the parents divorced and to how Barry, Belle's older/younger/twin brother, lives with their mother in Sinnoh. The thing is, both Barry and Belle are described as childhood friends to their respective region's player characters, so unless they were separated at a young age (or were a number of years apart or something), I don't know how this would work.

It would definitely be interesting, if a bit of a stretch. Mokomo/Prof. Yew being Cheren's/the Player's mother is less of a stretch because all of those characters exist within one game.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot Palmer was Barry's dad. So unless Palmer decided to live in Isshu (or once lived in Isshu, depending on when these games take place on the timeline) and for some reason doesn't want Belle to go traveling (Belle's description talks about how she left against her father's wishes) even though he allows his son to travel abroad, it's unlikely the two are related. (If anything, Belle is a sort of "female version" of Barry appearance-wise.)

Would have been neat.

Luke the Almighty
30th August 2010, 3:01 AM
Maybe. It's unlikely they are related but I could totally see it (and would actually like to).

I could see it happening if Belle only lives with her dad (she's confirmed to have a dad, no mention of a mom) and there was some sort of reference to how the parents divorced and to how Barry, Belle's older/younger/twin brother, lives with their mother in Sinnoh. The thing is, both Barry and Belle are described as childhood friends to their respective region's player characters, so unless they were separated at a young age (or were a number of years apart or something), I don't know how this would work.

It would definitely be interesting, if a bit of a stretch. Mokomo/Prof. Yew being Cheren's/the Player's mother is less of a stretch because all of those characters exist within one game.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot Palmer was Barry's dad. So unless Palmer decided to live in Isshu (or once lived in Isshu, depending on when these games take place on the timeline) and for some reason doesn't want Belle to go traveling (Belle's description talks about how she left against her father's wishes) even though he allows his son to travel abroad, it's unlikely the two are related. (If anything, Belle is a sort of "female version" of Barry appearance-wise.)

Would have been neat.

Or, Barry and Belle can be cousins.

Much simpler. Older brother is more protective of their kid than the rambunctious younger brother.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 3:10 AM
Haha interesting well I just think Belle looks a lot like Barry and now that I think about it, Palmer. They all have the same hair color and similar clothes but it may be a coincidence or something. I noticed that several characters look like characters from other series like Cheren who looks like Sasuke from Naruto or Prof. Araragi who looks like Mrs. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. Interesting, I wonder if that's also a coincidence. N on the other hand, is in a class of his own. I have no reading on him :[

UseYourImagination
30th August 2010, 4:49 AM
One would think that a video game forum would have a sense of humor. lol
Anywho, now that Kira mentioned it, she DOES look like Miss Frizzle! Somebody should give her a kecleon named Liz.

Cerex
30th August 2010, 4:53 AM
So it would happen somthing like this?

Team plasma and N manage to capture and controll R@m, and then the otherone comes to controll the caos, and "allows" you to catch it i order to team up and defeat plasma/N.I don't want N to work with Plasma. They look ridiculous, and that's even taking into consideration the consumes of Team Galatic, and I really have high expectations for N. I think once you have dealt with Plasma, you either have your encounter with your version exclusive and then battle him or after you have captured it you have a battle with N to determine the fate of the Isshu region or even the Pokemon world.

MetalFlygon08
30th August 2010, 5:03 AM
in the video the crownee's eyes are different than N's...and Palmer can't be Belle's dad, we've seen her dad, he's the generic thinning hair guy.

Grei
30th August 2010, 5:14 AM
...and Palmer can't be Belle's dad, we've seen her dad, he's the generic thinning hair guy.

I don't think anyone was seriously saying Belle was Palmer's daughter...

Lorde
30th August 2010, 5:18 AM
One would think that a video game forum would have a sense of humor. lol
Anywho, now that Kira mentioned it, she DOES look like Miss Frizzle! Somebody should give her a kecleon named Liz.

More like a Tsutarja lol. Well I don't know if N should be considered a villain or not yet. I think he has ties to Team Plasma since his ideals seem to be in order but I find it hard to believe he's their boss or something. He looks much to young and a leader would have to be older, someone people would respect and admire enough to follow. A kid is no such leader :S

Shneak
30th August 2010, 5:24 AM
So far, Belle is my favorite. Klutzy ditz.

d4rk_tailed
30th August 2010, 5:25 AM
Grei beat me to it, but I'm gonna bet that Makomo is Cheren's mom, or they're at least related. :P

Bah! She looks young enough to be his sis, I know Gamefreak are f**king about with ages, but.....nah..............I bet you a penny she ain't part of his genepool at all ;) Mum and son...........hehehe. Mind, a true "I HATE YOU SL*G!!!" bro-sis relationship would do no harm, Gary-Daisy...meh. Letdown.

Im sure the makers of Pokemon are at least mature enough now to include divorce and fostering and adoption.............we can live in hope right?

To me, N is the most fascinating of all the new peeps, Im hoping he is a former Plasma member who switches over. Firstly, would be nice to have a champion who you fight throughout the game instead of just showing up randomly to give silly philosophy and FEED THE PSYDUXX!!!! Secondly, man...........if he's involved proper in the animé Reshiram/Zekrom arc, I really want a champion to attempt a capture of what are probs gonna be base 680 statters.

The Great Butler
30th August 2010, 8:51 AM
I am enjoying the diversity of characters this generation. Particularly, I adore Belle, Prof. Araragi and Makomo, and I can already tell that N is going to be a complete badass. I'm not terribly impressed by either of the Gym Leaders we know yet, though.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 1:27 PM
I do think there's a lot of diversity in this Generation's characters. I mean, we have people like Aloe who is obviously African American and people like Dento who I thought might be gay. Even though it's not true, it's still great to see a character with green eyes and hair. He seems to have a pretty interesting background too. Isshu is culturally diverse :)

Silver_Seoul
30th August 2010, 2:05 PM
I noticed there seems to be more focus on dads this region? The only other time before this where any form of father was mentioned was RSE, with Norman and Birch. Other than that it's just been single moms. >.> Now we've got an architect father, Belle's got an overprotective father, while Cheren has... no mention of anyone yet, but I still think he's related to Makomo.

Edit: Well Palmer too. So once for a Player Character and once... twice (Giovanni) for a rival.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 2:19 PM
Now we've got an architect father

Who's the architect father? Anyway, the only character I have no real thought about is that one assisstant girl; Makomo. She's just so bland-looking, she reminds me of Roseanne from D/P/Pt almost since both work for the regional professor and both have the similar labcoat. Makomo does look a bit timid from her Ken Sugimori artwork but hopefully looks can be deceiving? I hope so, I want her to do something useful.

jolteonjak
30th August 2010, 5:39 PM
Is Araragi a type of Yew tree? Is that why people keep using that as her name?

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th August 2010, 5:50 PM
Speaking of Belle, was it confirmed why her father was against her being a trainer?

I assumed it might be some gender-related issue, like her dad feels she is too young, but then I had a thought that what if her dad doesn't want her to be a trainer period...because he believes in the human/pokemon divide TP is preaching.

V Faction
30th August 2010, 6:43 PM
We don't have any more solid information than what's been released in small tidbits. To learn the full story, we'll have to play the games.

So far N has been subjected to nothing but less-than-glorious fanart. I'm a little worried for the guy, despite not knowing literally nothing about him at this point.

Soo... I guess... at least he has a cool hat?

It is also my belief that we have 2 rivals this Generation for the explicit reason of showing of Triple Battles. Yeah, it's not exactly a revelation in observation. That alone I think will help us memorize them.

Mr. Joker
30th August 2010, 6:49 PM
Actually, I would enjoy triple battles with the rivals.

And wtf @ the architect rival, I have heard nothing of that. Hell, I haven't heard that the main character even has a father.

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th August 2010, 7:01 PM
Yeah, it was an old rumor...but it came with the early Plasma/Aragi rumors irc, so that led some people to believe it...and, who knows, maybe it is true?

mitchman_93
30th August 2010, 7:02 PM
Its not, it came from a separate rumor which was wild.

jolteonjak
30th August 2010, 7:07 PM
Speaking of Belle, was it confirmed why her father was against her being a trainer?

I assumed it might be some gender-related issue, like her dad feels she is too young, but then I had a thought that what if her dad doesn't want her to be a trainer period...because he believes in the human/pokemon divide TP is preaching.

Her father will probably turn out to be the leader of Team Plasma (that's the evil team, right?), and he found out from his friends Giovanni and Cyrus that there's always a 10-year-old that's predestined to save the world from complete nutjobs that try to take over the world/galaxy. So by stopping her from becoming a trainer, he can carry out his evil deed. Little does he know, fate shopped for a slightly older hero this time around.

Pamizard
30th August 2010, 9:05 PM
I like the first two gym leaders so far.

I'm happy we have two rivals so now u can see all the starters for your pokedex in case GTS returns (to be part of GLobal Link)

Mr. Joker
30th August 2010, 9:35 PM
I like the first two gym leaders so far.

I'm happy we have two rivals so now u can see all the starters for your pokedex in case GTS returns (to be part of GLobal Link)

GTS is returning, and we'll probably be seeing a few random trainers with the starter pokemon too.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 10:13 PM
What's with the apparent restaurant trend with the Isshu gym leaders? Dento looks like a sommelier and Aloe looks like a waitress at a diner or something. I hope the other Gym Leaders don't follow thiss goofy trend. I'm glad Aloe looks heavy-built though, how often do we get women like her in Pokemon games? Like never, that's how often. I'm starting to fall for her character's charm.

Pamizard
30th August 2010, 10:31 PM
GTS is returning, and we'll probably be seeing a few random trainers with the starter pokemon too.

oh it is lol i didnt see it on the main site unless i read to fast and skipped it (yes im a speed reader which is totally bad on my part XD)

O.e i hope there is no trend with anyone in this game it'd be so hillarious and stupid at the same time

Arceus, The Original One
30th August 2010, 10:41 PM
What's with the apparent restaurant trend with the Isshu gym leaders? Dento looks like a sommelier and Aloe looks like a waitress at a diner or something. I hope the other Gym Leaders don't follow thiss goofy trend. I'm glad Aloe looks heavy-built though, how often do we get women like her in Pokemon games? Like never, that's how often. I'm starting to fall for her character's charm.

This character ain't been comfirmed, and could be fake. (Since his pose is exactly the same as Eusine's, but most Dragon type Pokemon have similar stances and poses.)
But if he is real, then he doesn't look like a Chef, or anything to do with a Restaurant.

Can't get the image information, as this website has disabled right click, like Serebii.net has.

Link to page: http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/2010/08/16/rumor-new-character/

Mr. Joker
30th August 2010, 10:57 PM
That looks fake in so many ways, and like you said, it copied Eusine.

V Faction
30th August 2010, 11:01 PM
This character ain't been comfirmed, and could be fake. (Since his pose is exactly the same as Eusine's, but most Dragon type Pokemon have similar stances and poses.)
But if he is real, then he doesn't look like a Chef, or anything to do with a Restaurant.

Can't get the image information, as this website has disabled right click, like Serebii.net has.

Link to page: http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/2010/08/16/rumor-new-character/
It's fake. A really snazzy fake, but a fake.

Lorde
30th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Since it's fake, it can't be used as evidence in the restaurant-trend theory so that's just too bad. I noticed that Black and White both look pretty much like all the other playable characters in the franchise though. Despite them both being older, they look to be at around the same age/size as Lucas and Dawn who were both 10 or something. I wonder why they didn't mature the characters physically, might have been fun to see what ideas Game Freak would come up with.

Grei
31st August 2010, 4:20 AM
I'm glad Aloe looks heavy-built though, how often do we get women like her in Pokemon games?

Except... she isn't heavily-built. Look at her ankles. They're too narrow for her to be heavyset.

Rather, her apron is just really, really massive. If you look at what figure you can see of her, she seems to be moderately skinny.

It was only that Belle becoming a Trainer "went against her father's wishes."

After jolteonjak's suggestion, I kind of think that Belle's father is associated with (or at least strongly believes in) Team Plasma and their goals. Maybe he doesn't want Belle to go because he believes training Pokemon and keeping them outside of their natural habitat is wrong and/or immoral. My first thoughts just related to sexism but now I think it's related to Team Plasma's influence on Isshu.

I mean, the crowd that gathers to hear Team Plasma's spiel about how Pokemon shouldn't be kept as Trainers sort of makes me think that Team Plasma isn't necessarily perceived as villainous to the denizens of Isshu. Maybe they are one of those groups that appear to be good but end up being rotten.

Mr. Joker
31st August 2010, 4:28 AM
Plasma just sounds like PETA imo :/

Grei
31st August 2010, 4:37 AM

I know, right? An extremist group that has seemingly-good intentions but, as extremists, tend to take those intentions too far, into the realm of harmfulness.

Like trying to command people's lives. Republicans and Conservatives against abortion and gay marriage come to mind.

Lorde
31st August 2010, 4:39 AM

Yep I know what you mean. There whole ideology and their approach to their cause is almost exactly like PETA. I'm actually waiting for a screenshot of a Team Plasma member throwing red paint on one of the characters lol. Anyway, Team Plasma has the most ridiculous uniforms yet. Team Rocket and Team Galactic were sexy and stylish while Team Plasma looks so old-fashioned in their knight-based outfits :S

V Faction
31st August 2010, 5:59 AM
Team Galactic was WAAAY too crazy for my tastes. From bowl-cuts to purple space hair to a tu-tu made of rubber to spikey blue devil hair, it was all a mess right from the beginning.

Team Plasma? I'm more tolerably. I have no clue WHY they'd want to parade around in chain mail and tabards, but at least I know they won't be Live-Action Role-Playing.

(hopefully)

Brave Birdy
31st August 2010, 6:44 AM
I know, right? An extremist group that has seemingly-good intentions but, as extremists, tend to take those intentions too far, into the realm of harmfulness.

Like trying to command people's lives. Republicans and Conservatives against abortion and gay marriage come to mind.

Except they have no good intentions. haha

I'm just hoping the second GL, the chef one, is a fire type leader who has Pokabu's evolution. Then we coulld really call him bacon.

Ememew
31st August 2010, 6:46 AM
Team Plasma, if handled well, may turn out to be one of the better Teams in the franchise. It's basically the Pokemon creators challenging the core concept of their own games (catching and using Pokemon), so it has potential to make a great storyline. However, it also has potential to stink like Aqua and Magma (in my opinion, these guys were not very well thought out).

So far, Team Galactic seems the best thought out (their goal was just plain crazy, but the idea that a guy who is literally insane could get a large following is, sadly, quite realistic), but if their storyline has improved from one generation to the next (as it has seemed to) this could be even better.

Did I mention how awesome it is that they're basically challenging themselves? Maybe it's not "deep," but it's something neat.

Lorde
31st August 2010, 7:31 AM
Well Team Plasma does have the potential to be great. I mean, their whole cause seems like the opposite of most of the other teams. I think freeing Pokemon from the "shackles of oppression" is an interesting theme for them to have. I think they could turn out to be a lot of fun if left to their own devices but if they get addicted to power, there could be a crisis and they'd fall right back down to the bottom of the evil villainous teams list.

Neo Duality
31st August 2010, 8:39 AM
It'd actually be a nice change if they're successful for once.

Mr. Joker
31st August 2010, 9:12 AM
It'd actually be a nice change if they're successful for once.

lolwhat. Sorry bro, not gonna happen.

Maxim
31st August 2010, 9:38 AM
Team Rocket will always be the best, ppl.

I wonder who is that Subway Master. I think that he/she should be a recurring character in the games. My main complaint about Palmer is that, despite being the rival's father, he didn't really play any role in the plot. I don't think that Subway Master will be anyone's relative but at least, they could making him/her a good character.

Also, from the revealed info about Battle Subway so far, I conclude that it's just Battle Tower with a different name. Will we see Battle Frontier in its place in third version? Ah, this doesn't belong here, I think.

Lorde
31st August 2010, 9:48 AM
You know, I just noticed something while I was looking through the Ken Sugimori artwork for the main characters. Dento looks a lot different in his Ken artwork than in his anime artwork. In the Ken artwork, his eyes are bigger, almost normal-looking too. He's paler and his clothes are a bit different (he has an apron). The anime Dento is just ugly; he has the smallest eyes apart from Brock's and he looks...just really odd for some reason. I'm looking forward to seeing Aloe in the anime, I bet she'll look totally different :]

Sakrey
31st August 2010, 9:58 AM
Apparently new scan has leaked, which contains info about new characters.
http://pokejungle.net/2010/08/31/new-character-riine/

Although, we can't see a thing about this so called "Team Leader" Riine because of that nice block of black obstructing the image...

Edit: So yeah, this well-placed black box was really suspicious... Confirmed as fake.

Arceus, The Original One
31st August 2010, 11:29 AM
Apparently new scan has leaked, which contains info about new characters.
http://pokejungle.net/2010/08/31/new-character-riine/

Although, we can't see a thing about this so called "Team Leader" Riine because of that nice block of black obstructing the image...

Riine hm?
I take it he/she is going to be ginger then.

Bardische
31st August 2010, 11:58 AM
Riine hm?
I take it he/she is going to be ginger then.

Who in the ding-dong-ditch is Ginger?

I'm a bit befuddled with the news right now. Either there's nothing to talk about or there's too much to talk about >_>

Anyway, pokejungle said the scan was fake? But a female leader won't be a disappointment for me. I mean, the sexist-like nature of the leaders, the professors and most other important characters that are not Gym Leaders is already kind of broken or never even existed. I mean, we've got the dark-skinned characters now. I'm open for more diversity, and this game is gonna bring that.

Arceus, The Original One
31st August 2010, 12:05 PM
Who in the ding-dong-ditch is Ginger?

I'm a bit befuddled with the news right now. Either there's nothing to talk about or there's too much to talk about >_>

Anyway, pokejungle said the scan was fake? But a female leader won't be a disappointment for me. I mean, the sexist-like nature of the leaders, the professors and most other important characters that are not Gym Leaders is already kind of broken or never even existed. I mean, we've got the dark-skinned characters now. I'm open for more diversity, and this game is gonna bring that.

I was on about the Leader would probably be Ginger, like the Grunts are. :D

And since it's fake, it's not real. :(
I just hope we see the Leader of Team Plasma in the next CoroCoro issue (The Next 'Proper' CoroCoro issue :))

Lorde
31st August 2010, 12:32 PM
Team Rocket will always be the best, ppl.

That's just your opinion though so I can't really put much stock into it. Team Plasma might surpass all of our expectations for them if we give them a shot. I might not like their uniforms but their cause is a breath of fresh air that the Pokemon franchise has needed ever since the 3rd Generation. Something that concerns me about Team Plasma is that their leader is still pretty much a mystery. Not only that, but around this time 4 years ago, one of the Galactic Commanders had been revealed (Mars) but the Plasma Commanders have not (at least I don't think so). Seems fishy.

Arceus, The Original One
31st August 2010, 1:20 PM
That's just your opinion though so I can't really put much stock into it. Team Plasma might surpass all of our expectations for them if we give them a shot. I might not like their uniforms but their cause is a breath of fresh air that the Pokemon franchise has needed ever since the 3rd Generation. Something that concerns me about Team Plasma is that their leader is still pretty much a mystery. Not only that, but around this time 4 years ago, one of the Galactic Commanders had been revealed (Mars) but the Plasma Commanders have not (at least I don't think so). Seems fishy.

I hate how slow they're releasing the information too.
But I think it's to build up an atmosphere, as these games are introducing loads of features and game mechanics. I really want them to reveal some details on the storyline soon :( And I have so many questions: Who was the Guy with the Crown? Was he N? Who are those two girls they didn't want us to see? How many Pokemon are there in the Isshu PokeDex? Do any characters from the previous games turn up in Isshu? How many areas are there in Isshu? Who are the Gym Leaders? Is Luvdisc related to Mamanboa? Why did CoroCoro promise to show us how Zoroa evolves and then not?

And that's only a few of them :(

Suerte17
31st August 2010, 5:28 PM
Republicans and Conservatives against abortion and gay marriage come to mind.
Conservatives are against it, not necessarily Republicans. Just because most conservatives are Republican, doesn't mean the two are the same.

Anyway, my thoughts on the characters:

N: I'm not sure what to think of him. His motives seem odd at a first glance, but something tells me it goes deeper than just "he believes Pokémon and people shouldn't have anything to do with each other." I guess we'll have to see.

Cheren: He looks nerdy, but I like his design. We've never had a male rival that looks like him; they've all had the "cool guy" look. He looks like he'd be very knowledgeable about Pokémon, but that's only judging by his appearance.

Belle: I hate her design, and from what I've heard about her personality, she's nothing but one of those stupid characters that can't do anything for themselves. I've seen so many of those types of characters before, and it's annoying. I hope she has more of a personality than that in the games.

Professor Araragi: It's nice to finally have a female professor after almost fifteen years, and she looks like she'll be more fun and carefree than the other professors we've had.

Dento: I like the way he looks and his voice in the anime, but I can't tell what his personality might be like. I'm hoping he's not the whiny, hot-headed type like Ash is.

Aloe: Her design is rather...stereotypical. But she seems like she's going to be an interesting character.

Lorde
31st August 2010, 10:20 PM
Anyway I just noticed something about Black and White's designs. Black wears a red cap with a black Pokeball design while White wears a white cap with a pink Pokeball design. It's like the opposite almost, yin and yang again. I wonder if all the other characters will be like this lol. Black looks like he could use a trim though, that hair is just longer than I would ever expect on a male playable character. I'm almost surprised he doesn't have a beard :/

d4rk_tailed
31st August 2010, 10:48 PM
Lol, if Black appears then, maybe he gets Tsutaja or something to use Razor Leaf on his beard? LOL :D Pkmn needs old-school humour right now.

On evil team design, the only one ever to impress me is the TM and TA Gen3 designs. I mean, those were cool, hoodies and 3/4 shorts, or bandanas and pirate tops. Those were decent looks, but even TR look like theyre fresh out of a fashion show and TG and so far TP..............ffs.

arceus7
31st August 2010, 10:51 PM
I wonder why no one is talking about the ability to be *good* and *bad* anymore? how will it affect the way the characters treat you?

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st September 2010, 12:00 AM
I wonder why no one is talking about the ability to be *good* and *bad* anymore? how will it affect the way the characters treat you?

No one's talking about it because that was fake stuff from Martin Mueller :)

Grei
1st September 2010, 12:26 AM
Except they have no good intentions. haha

This made me laugh. :D

Conservatives are against it, not necessarily Republicans. Just because most conservatives are Republican, doesn't mean the two are the same.

Which is why I specified both instead of just Republicans, which is how it was typed originally. :3

A harmless joke 'twas.

Umbreon9
1st September 2010, 12:53 AM
I kind of like Dento... But I'll need more info before I can really say. Iris... is okay, but... SHE KEEPS KIBAGO in her HAIR!!! Dx
SOO, we have someone wild, we have someone weird, and we have Ash. :/

Grei
1st September 2010, 12:56 AM
I kind of like Dento... But I'll need more info before I can really say. Iris... is okay, but... SHE KEEPS KIBAGO in her HAIR!!! Dx
SOO, we have someone wild, we have someone weird, and we have Ash. :/

This is for discussing the new characters in the games. Ash and Iris don't exist in the games, so to discuss them, go here:

Pokemon Anime (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
Pokemon Anime Spoilers (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

rocky505
1st September 2010, 12:56 AM
Iris and Ash are from the anime not the games.

Edit: Ninja'd -_-

Umbreon9
1st September 2010, 3:32 AM
Oh sorry. ^.^" Wrong thread...
Okay, I still don't know about Dento, though. Wonder what type(s) he is?

Grei
1st September 2010, 3:43 AM

My personal opinion is that he is a Grass-type leader. He uses Yanappu in the anime (and very possibly in the games) and various other evidences (his green color theme, his green shadow in the Coro Coro that first featured him, the fact that the first Gym always challenges one Starter more than another, etc.) support him being Grass-type.

However, if you were to judge based on his Gym badge and Gym challenge, you could say he's the first three types. However, if this were the case, there probably couldn't be another Fire-type Gym (which is what Aloe's Gym is suspected to be). His badge is likely based on his Gym challenge and not on his specialty type.

PartyPokemon
1st September 2010, 3:51 AM
He's definitely Grass type.

I love the rival characters, though. Both Cheren and Belle look cool.

Lorde
1st September 2010, 4:55 AM

Dento is ok. He's just normal, average. He's not amazing like Roark was when he was revealed but he also has some appeal I guess. He looks so fancy and manly in his little sommelier suit with his apron and his green eyes and hair. I'm wondering if he'll have a role outside of his Gym Leader duties. Maybe he will work at a restaurant? I hope he at least gets some decent backstory in these games.

Source or it didn't happen :/

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
1st September 2010, 5:15 AM

I love the rival characters, though. Both Cheren and Belle look cool.

Sorry, we don't know if Dento's grass type. Even Serebii said "I wouldn't say that juuuust yet" (something similar to that).

But yeah, there are certain features that make him look like a grass type gym leader. But his badge is something to think about, and the questions he asks when in his gym.

Gus Portual
1st September 2010, 5:17 AM
No one's talking about it because that was fake stuff from Martin Mueller :)

Actually, he got the triple battles, the professor and a bunch of other stuff right, so you never know!

Achernar
1st September 2010, 8:40 AM
whoa, is this Iris? :/

http://i51.*******.com/hvxgyu.jpg

~-Overheat-~
1st September 2010, 10:28 AM
Iris and Ash are from the anime not the games.

Edit: Ninja'd -_-

This is for discussing the new characters in the games. Ash and Iris don't exist in the games, so to discuss them, go here:

Pokemon Anime (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
Pokemon Anime Spoilers (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

Looks like someone missed the new trailer! Iris does exist in the games. Meaning the anime Iris is based on her.

But honestly, didnt we all know she was based on someone in the games? I could swear it was mentioned somewhere......

Lorde
1st September 2010, 11:39 AM

Yep! Iris is in the games from the look of things. It's not the biggest news, it just means I have to remember not to scold people for bringing her up jk. I'd like to think that Iris will play a real role in the story of Black and White. She seems to be rich though from the look of things. That place in the screenshot looks mighty fancy, I hope it's her home :]

Looks like someone missed the new trailer! Iris does exist in the games. Meaning the anime Iris is based on her.

Well, no actually. Grei posted what you quoted at around 3 p.m., which was several hours before the trailer/videos even appeared online. I don't blame him for believing Iris to be anime-exclusive either; that's what I thought myself. There was some info on Iris being based on a game character floating around, but seriously, it must've been short because nobody in the Anime Spoilers section but two people knew about this and several people on this section where surprised as well :S

Maxim
1st September 2010, 12:34 PM
Iris? They just crowded her in for the hell of it. My theory is that she was supposed to be the anime protagonist from the start but they later decided to put her in the game as well, as an easter-egg. I don't really think that she'll get a big role. It should be considered as a cameo.

But TTE on Bulbapedia of course HAD to split the Iris's article into two articles (game and anime), despite the fact that we know nothing about her in the games. God, Bulbapedia is such a ******** since he took over.

Well, from these trailers, the scene that intrigued me a bit is the skeleton scene.

And Plasmas are really German Order, hell yeah!

Arceus, The Original One
1st September 2010, 12:42 PM

http://i51.*******.com/hvxgyu.jpg

I thought she'd just be an anime exclusive character. Turns out I was wrong.
But now with her appearing in the games, I do hope the next couple of weeks isn't speculation about Ash appearing in the games. :/

Who's the old dude next to her? :S

Iris? They just crowded her in for the hell of it. My theory is that she was supposed to be the anime protagonist from the start but they later decided to put her in the game as well, as an easter-egg. I don't really think that she'll get a big role. It should be considered as a cameo.

I think that too, I reckon Dento was always going to be in it, and she's only in it as people placement (what we have product placement? Why not people placement?) for the anime for advertising.

But TTE on Bulbapedia of course HAD to split the Iris's article into two articles (game and anime), despite the fact that we know nothing about her in the games. God, Bulbapedia is such a ******** since he took over.

Tell me about it. For all we know, she could be in it for a one off event that only take 10 mins to do.

Well, from these trailers, the scene that intrigued me a bit is the skeleton scene.

It's quite unusual actually we get fossils, but not of legendary Pokemon.
I'm glad Plasma's going to be reviving it for me, I don't think I could carry that to the Museum. :D

catzeye
1st September 2010, 12:46 PM
Well, no actually. Grei posted what you quoted at around 3 p.m., which was several hours before the trailer/videos even appeared online. I don't blame him for believing Iris to be anime-exclusive either; that's what I thought myself. There was some info on Iris being based on a game character floating around, but seriously, it must've been short because nobody in the Anime Spoilers section but two people knew about this and several people on this section where surprised as well :S

A lot of people heard about it, but it was passed off as a rumor because it was apart of some other information which was proven false.

That's great though that Iris is game character. I wonder what her role will be in the games?

Arceus, The Original One
1st September 2010, 1:00 PM
A lot of people heard about it, but it was passed off as a rumor because it was apart of some other information which was proven false.

That's great though that Iris is game character. I wonder what her role will be in the games?

Instead of massages, your Pokemon now sit in her hair for a while. :D

Torpoleon
1st September 2010, 1:31 PM
It's kind of cool to see Ash's traveling companions to both be from the same Generation. That hasn't happened since Ash's travels in Kanto (Fist Time) and Johto where he was with Brock & Misty (First & Second Gym Leaders of Kanto respectively). I just hope that Iris is not a Gym Leader since I can't see Ash battling her for a badge.

I do wonder what Iris' role will be in the games and if she will still have her Kibago.

gliscor&yanmega
1st September 2010, 2:45 PM
Iris in the game isn't that much of a shocker, I actually thought it may have happened. She isn't the playable character though, which is good enough for me. I think she may have some kind of connection with Team Plasma.

Also, I think we got some new info on N(At less I think that's him). He's seen with a Hihidaruma, Koromori, and Zorua(Well this will probably make people believe in N being Zoroark even more...although I still don't believe that). Also it seems like he is for sure the one who gets crowned King or Prince(Even though it seemed pretty obvious before).

I wonder who those people bowing to N are though. They don't really look like the Team Plasma Knight Grunts. Maybe they are they the Team Plasma Sage/Monk Executives.

Interesting stuff.

pickledArbok
1st September 2010, 2:58 PM
Iris and N could be related because the guy holding the crown has one black arm and one white one, he could be their dad passing on the throne to N/Iris, probly totally off but still lol

I think that when Kibago jumped into her 'hair' it was just her bag

Arceus, The Original One
1st September 2010, 4:03 PM
Iris and N could be related because the guy holding the crown has one black arm and one white one, he could be their dad passing on the throne to N/Iris, probly totally off but still lol

I think that when Kibago jumped into her 'hair' it was just her bag

It's definatly her hair, it was mentioned in her description in the CoroCoro magazine, and as well it was clearly shown the video trailer announcing her and Dento, Kibago goes into her hair, and lives there. :|

123wert50
1st September 2010, 4:23 PM
They look so awesome..

kemal07
1st September 2010, 4:39 PM
I think this time around the designers/producers have changed the idea of gyms and gym leaders, for example previously we've had gyms designed in a way to represent the specific type. But this time I believe they've designed the gyms suiting the characteristics of the gym leaders as well as using the previous idea, also still keeping the idea of designing gym leaders according to their chosen types. so far we have:

Dento's gym which resembles a castle in that he's a waiter and due to the fact he's very knowledgable we get type matching questions, but his design has a few green which may hint towards grass types.

Aloe on the other hand is the gymleader of a city consisting of a museum (which her gym also resembles), and since she's a cook her appearance includes an apron which may suggest the fire type hence she loves cooking.

However, we can also see that theyre also keeping the same gym design matches the gymleaders type specialty as seen in the bug gym.

One of the earlier trailers showcase to girls while showing the whole crowning scene could they infact be plasma executives or something. And i would also like to mention that the character getting crowned doesn't look like N to me as the person getting crowned looks morelike a girl.

So far the only thing im dissapointed about is that Rival N does'nt have a vs banner according to the trailer

Arceus, The Original One
1st September 2010, 4:46 PM
So far the only thing im dissapointed about is that Rival N does'nt have a vs banner according to the trailer

They've had to cut certain things in the trailer for time.
According to the trailer, Minizumi evolves at Level 8.
It's to shorten the trailer and save time.

Elxar
1st September 2010, 5:13 PM
Dento can be a multitype trainer (3 Pokemon which consist of Grass/Fire/Water) if not a grass type. It would make sense for Begginers to let them learn Typing is important by facing tough trainer which Utilizas it.

N could be Plasma's Leader and Iris might be some sort of Key to unlocking the Yin/Yang Pokemon.

Kael Sabel
1st September 2010, 5:18 PM
Dunno how important this is to the scheme of things, but I've noticed that N is attending that Plasma speech, and he's among the crowd. So, at least at this point*it appears to be the first time we even seem him, as it's the same place he is fought* he may not be connected to Plasma, if he ever does become so.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Evro/1124cb5a.png

Lorde
1st September 2010, 5:24 PM
Dunno how important this is to the scheme of things, but I've noticed that N is attending that Plasma speech, and he's among the crowd. So, at least at this point*it appears to be the first time we even seem him, as it's the same place he is fought* he may not be connected to Plasma, if he ever does become so.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Evro/1124cb5a.png

I'm almost certain N at least sympathizes with Team Plasma's cause for whatever reason. He might even be an avid supporter for all we know and he just started learning about Plasma and their goals involving Pokemon liberation. So honestly, I think it's a safe bet that when we meet him, he's at least not totally in the team but certainly looking at a possible role with Team Plasma :S

kemal07
1st September 2010, 5:38 PM
In the trailer has anyone noticed the two trainers standing on the same platform of where the trainer has battled dento and getting the badge. The badge has 3 colours red blue and green. and weirdly the two trainers next to dento when getting the badge has blue and red hair. Could it be that you fight the red head first being fire type then the blue water type. this also matches the types used as questions in the gym. maybe this gym had a mixture of types

Mr. Joker
1st September 2010, 5:43 PM
No way. There's a possibility that you'll have to battle them, but they aren't the gym leader.

gliscor&yanmega
1st September 2010, 5:54 PM
In the trailer has anyone noticed the two trainers standing on the same platform of where the trainer has battled dento and getting the badge. The badge has 3 colours red blue and green. and weirdly the two trainers next to dento when getting the badge has blue and red hair. Could it be that you fight the red head first being fire type then the blue water type. this also matches the types used as questions in the gym. maybe this gym had a mixture of types

People have noticed. I think someone mentioned a triple battle. I think that would be best. Although now that I think of it, it may not be a triple battle. I forgot that we had a picture of battling Dento and no one else was there.

I guess you just have to beat those two and then beat Dento. I wonder if another Gym will have Triple Battles.

Shneak
1st September 2010, 8:17 PM
I'm starting to warm up to N. Knowing that he has a back story that has depth is better than some PETA sub-villian.

Also, where is Iris? Is she with a Plasma Grunt?

Mr. Joker
1st September 2010, 8:49 PM
I'm starting to warm up to N. Knowing that he has a back story that has depth is better than some PETA sub-villian.

Also, where is Iris? Is she with a Plasma Grunt?

She's in the White Tower thing with some dude.

Missingno.Fan
2nd September 2010, 1:16 AM
I think that the other people in Dento's gym are more waiters. I think that we may have a triple battle gym here.

Umbreon9
2nd September 2010, 1:27 AM
Instead of massages, your Pokemon now sit in her hair for a while. :D
LOL
Anyway, I do wonder what her role is in the game. It could be an Easter Egg or cameo, or she could be someone super important. Well, whatever role she has, I'm sure I won't even care about. ;) But WAIT, if I don't care, why am I talking about her? :/

Ememew
2nd September 2010, 1:28 AM
While I agree that there may be a Triple Battle Gym somewhere in the game, I doubt it would be Dento's. I mean, it's the first Gym in the game! Lisa and Tate weren't until the 7th gym in the generation double battles were introduced (and there hasn't been a double battle gym since . . . hopefully there will be another).

Yes, with Triple Battles being a major new feature in the game, I think there could be a gym which uses this tactic, but I would think the 1st Gym would be a little early on for a new challenge like that to be brought in (the first Gym's supposed to be there just to get you used to Gyms).

SharpedoSteve
2nd September 2010, 1:34 AM
I see it happening like this:

Enter Dento's gym and you have to answer the 1st question (say the answer is red) you then progress to the next room where you have to battle the fire (red) trainer before you can answer the next one. Beat him and answer the next question (blue) progress into the next room and battle the water (blue) trainer, beat him and answer the final question (green) progress in to the final room and talk to Dento. Beat him with his grass pokemon and you get the badge. The other two come out after the battle to congratulate you on wining the badge and your knowlegde on pokemon types.

Mr. Joker
2nd September 2010, 1:34 AM
and most of the time you won't even have 3 pokemon to battle with ;3

Chimchar15
2nd September 2010, 1:46 AM
I see it happening like this:

Enter Dento's gym and you have to answer the 1st question (say the answer is red) you then progress to the next room where you have to battle the fire (red) trainer before you can answer the next one. Beat him and answer the next question (blue) progress into the next room and battle the water (blue) trainer, beat him and answer the final question (green) progress in to the final room and talk to Dento. Beat him with his grass Pokemon and you get the badge. The other two come out after the battle to congratulate you on wining the badge and your knowledge on Pokemon types.

I was thinking the same thing. They might just be gym trainers, and you fight them after answering each question. It would seem weird for you to battle Dento, then another two gym leaders in the game. Especially for people new to the game that seems a little bit unfair. Even if the all battled you at the same time it would be a bit to early for a triple battle gym. Hopefully your idea is the case because I would like that a lot more.

Grei
2nd September 2010, 1:52 AM
I personally believe they're Dento's younger brothers who like Fire-types and Water-types, respectively. Maybe they battle you (they could be hiding along the wall just after you walk past the curtain) when you open each curtain?

SharpedoSteve
2nd September 2010, 1:56 AM
Yeah i can see them being his brothers (reminds me of Misty and her sisters in the anime) and that they battle you when you get into their specific rooms after answering the question relating to their type/colour. Though they can just be random trainers in a gym like normal, but them being Dento's brothers is cooler.

SketchFox7
2nd September 2010, 4:38 AM
Anyone else think Makomo and Cheren could be related, and that Bel and her father's story will be touched on more than just him telling her not to go at the beginning???

Duality Ninja
2nd September 2010, 4:58 AM
Anyone else think Makomo and Cheren could be related, and that Bel and her father's story will be touched on more than just him telling her not to go at the beginning???

Now that you mention the two of them being related, I can't unsee it. It kind of makes sense, maybe Cheren suggesting you go to the town she's in to do something, and maybe she's his sister or aunt, or something. Also, I strongly see Belle's story extending far across the game, or at least the first half.

SketchFox7
2nd September 2010, 5:19 AM
Now that you mention the two of them being related, I can't unsee it. It kind of makes sense, maybe Cheren suggesting you go to the town she's in to do something, and maybe she's his sister or aunt, or something. Also, I strongly see Belle's story extending far across the game, or at least the first half.

I was thinking something around the lines of big sister, I just noticed since the 3 generation inter character relations have been a lot more heightened (RSE- Players related to Norman/Birch, Tate & Liza, Juan being Wallace's mentor, DPP- Roark/Byron/Underground Man, Flint & Volkner being best friends, Barry/Palmer, Flint/Buck) I love that intertwining of main characters (my fan game/story has a bunch!!!, lol) and I look forward to seeing who is related/connected in BW

PS-
Not to mention the biggest fan-first specualted revelations in the Pokemon universe of Silver ACTUALLY being Giovanni's son!!! (I still also believe that Bertha & Agatha are sisters and that Karen of the Johto E4 is Agatha's daughter!!!)

AZX612
2nd September 2010, 5:49 AM
Proffeser: Interesting, Maybe she'll play more of a part than the other proffesers...

For Belle and Cheren, lets just assume I pick Tsutaja, the Grass Type Starter

Belle: She seems kind of dweeby and dorky... Thank goodness they didnt give her glasses. She also strikes me as the character that will pick the Water Type Starter

Cheren: Cool Guy/Smart Guy. Strikes me as the character that will pick the Fire Type Starter.

N: N? N... N... N! Words cannot describe the dissapointment. Nice Rubix Cube though!

Zhanton
2nd September 2010, 7:44 AM
Hmmm I'm thinking the REd and Blue haired trainers in Dento's gym are his younger brothers. First you battle the REd head, then the blue head. Then you battle the gym leader Dento.
In the anime, when Dento leaves his gym he leaves the gym under the care of one of his younger brothers.
Tada~

zodiacsage
2nd September 2010, 7:50 AM

I also see this as a very likely possibility.

Lorde
2nd September 2010, 8:07 AM
N: N? N... N... N! Words cannot describe the dissapointment. Nice Rubix Cube though!

I don't really think much of N even with the new backstory he's been given as seen in those trailers. But what's so disappointing about him exactly? He has an interesting design and he's going to end up battling the protagonists quite often from the look of it so we might as well get used to having him around all the time. I dislike his ideas and his approach to Pokemon, but what are you going to do about it? It's a game :p

zodiacsage
2nd September 2010, 8:15 AM
I don't really think much of N even with the new backstory he's been given as seen in those trailers. But what's so disappointing about him exactly? He has an interesting design and he's going to end up battling the protagonists quite often from the look of it so we might as well get used to having him around all the time. I dislike his ideas and his approach to Pokemon, but what are you going to do about it? It's a game

I really do not feel anything about N one way or the other and probably won't until I actually play the game. As far as I can tell it could be a lot worse, the name is kind of lame but just because his name is not that great does not mean he will not be a cool character in the long run.

andrewcool
2nd September 2010, 1:58 PM
Yeah i can see them being his brothers (reminds me of Misty and her sisters in the anime) and that they battle you when you get into their specific rooms after answering the question relating to their type/colour. Though they can just be random trainers in a gym like normal, but them being Dento's brothers is cooler.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POKEMON BUT I LIKE 'SHARRPEDOSTEVE'S' PICTURE OF A GEN 5 POKEMON AND STEVE IN THE MIDDLE SO I AM GOING TO SEND THAT TO MY UNCLE STEVE, if that is alright!!!
http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=11576431#post11576431

gliscor&yanmega
2nd September 2010, 5:33 PM
Hmmm I'm thinking the REd and Blue haired trainers in Dento's gym are his younger brothers. First you battle the REd head, then the blue head. Then you battle the gym leader Dento.
In the anime, when Dento leaves his gym he leaves the gym under the care of one of his younger brothers.
Tada~

Is it confirmed that Dento leave the Gym under the care of his younger brothers in the anime?

But I think most people are thinking the same thing, you battle the Red and Blue hair trainers(Who are Dento's brothers), then you battle Dento himself. Also, what if they aren't his brothers and are his sisters :P. The Red hair one kind of looked like a female, it's hard to tell. So I think the Red hair and Blue hair are either his brothers or sisters, or both.

arceus7
2nd September 2010, 5:46 PM
That his name is N? I bet his name is NEAR, as all the people called N in japan are called near
all the people called M are named Mellow and all the people called L means they are Lawliets.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd September 2010, 6:05 PM
That his name is N? I bet his name is NEAR, as all the people called N in japan are called near
all the people called M are named Mellow and all the people called L means they are Lawliets.

Is this true or are you making it up?

His name is N and it probably wont change unless he's really someone else or undercover. Both of which I don't see happening.

Lorde
2nd September 2010, 6:17 PM
Is this true or are you making it up?

His name is N and it probably wont change unless he's really someone else or undercover. Both of which I don't see happening.

...he's obviously being sarcastic. He's poking fun at N's name since a character by the same name exists in another series; Death Note. I find it to be in bad taste though since this N is nothing like that N. This N seems to be an ecoterrorist by the look of it; he uses radical actions to prove his point about Pokemon being free creatures. He's just too concerned about Pokemon to the point where it's almost annoying that he wants their needs to be placed above those of others.

arceus7
2nd September 2010, 7:13 PM
yes I was being sarcastic because the guy is saying he is disappointed with N cause his name is N with zero grounds at all which frankly pisses me off kira.

Rowdy
2nd September 2010, 7:40 PM
How about "N" is short for Nintendo and the protagonist last name is Gamefreak; thus BW is Gamefreak vs Nintendo lol.

Lorde
2nd September 2010, 7:49 PM
How about "N" is short for Nintendo and the protagonist last name is Gamefreak; thus BW is Gamefreak vs Nintendo lol.

I do truly believe N is a codename of some sort, but I don't think it'll be based on Nintendo or anything like that. Earthbound already did that and it would be senseless to repeat it. Maybe N stands for nature? He used to live out in the wild with Pokemon so maybe it's a reference to how much he wants to protect nature and the Pokemon that live there :/

Luke the Almighty
2nd September 2010, 9:48 PM
I do truly believe N is a codename of some sort, but I don't think it'll be based on Nintendo or anything like that. Earthbound already did that and it would be senseless to repeat it. Maybe N stands for nature? He used to live out in the wild with Pokemon so maybe it's a reference to how much he wants to protect nature and the Pokemon that live there :/

You realize that a lot of people that made Mother/Earthbound worked on Red/Blue? It would almost be fitting to base it off of "Nintendo."

Mr. Joker
2nd September 2010, 10:01 PM
yes I was being sarcastic because the guy is saying he is disappointed with N cause his name is N with zero grounds at all which frankly pisses me off kira.

guys lets all bold, italicize, and underline things, it makes us look cool!!!!!!!!!!1.

Seriously arceus7, you are pissing me off.

ANYWAY, I seriously hope that N stands for North and he has a brother named South. Good/Evil twins :3

martinn94
2nd September 2010, 11:04 PM
I think Dento's blue and red haired friends are just co-workers at the restaurant/

arceus7
3rd September 2010, 1:27 AM
honestly whats pissing you off, because I make a joke about him being named kira as in the 4th kira that doesnt exist in death note? It was a simple joke.
jeez you guys get annoyed for no good reason, though that may sound hypocritical I frankly don't give a damn because I hate it when someone says something like they hate something or they like something without explaining , or they are just trolling spamming without getting rebuked because they are on topic and not doing anything.

I mean come on , a guy says he is disappointed without saying anything other than the guys name is N????
WTF contribute , dammit.

Grei
3rd September 2010, 4:04 AM
Someone in the Manga section made the connection between N's name and it possibly being short for... something that related to the color gray.

Which, considering the titles of these games, makes a good amount of sense. There was other information that helped support the theory. I wish I could find it...

Lorde
3rd September 2010, 4:13 AM
You realize that a lot of people that made Mother/Earthbound worked on Red/Blue? It would almost be fitting to base it off of "Nintendo."

I know, infact, there was a whole thread about that but it was closed down due to conflicts. I still think giving N's name a hidden meaning like Nintendo is in poor taste though. I'd rather it be something more original and not something that's been done before. N deserves something cool at least.

honestly whats pissing you off, because I make a joke about him being named kira as in the 4th kira that doesnt exist in death note? It was a simple joke.

I don't see much wrong with having N from Pokemon sharing his name with N from Death Note, it just seems repetitive since it's been done already. This makes me think Game Freak is running out of ideas if they're trying to give newer characters from Black and White, names already used in other franchises. How about instead of codenames, the characters get real, Japaneses names? I miss the old trend where most characters got Japanese names :[

V Faction
3rd September 2010, 4:17 AM
Someone in the Manga section made the connection between N's name and it possibly being short for... something that related to the color gray.

Which, considering the titles of these games, makes a good amount of sense. There was other information that helped support the theory. I wish I could find it...

Of course. Grey + N.

Grain.

N is clearly a bushel of wheat.

Luke the Almighty
3rd September 2010, 4:25 AM
Of course. Grey + N.

Grain.

N is clearly a bushel of wheat.

Foreshadowing of a new toast Pokémon?

Yes.

Grei
3rd September 2010, 4:28 AM
Haha, no, not exactly.

Here's the post I was thinking of.

The Russian and Bulgarian languages, obviously, which also happen to be closely related.

Also, don't count N out yet guys. I have this theory that "N" might stand for "Nezu," which could be his real name. It's a Japanese word which comes from "Nezumiiro" which means "Gray." They could be pulling a Pokemon Special on us by keeping his name a secret so we won't know the name of the third version. And it won't be the third time Black and White has taken cues from Special:

- Bel goes out on a journey despite her father's wishes = Ruby.
- N wants... well, N = Lance.

... the theory actually isn't very sound but I suppose it's something. It was made after this post, which shows where Belle's and Cheren's names may have come from:

To the one who said that a Dex Holder's name has to correspond to the games: "Cheren" is actually Bulgarian for "Black" while "Bel" is actually Russian for "White."

I can see Black having Tsutarja, White having Mijumaru, Pokabu being stolen or something, and N having a Kibago as his "Sneasel."

(This same poster also said that Bulgarian and Russian are actually very close to one another, so it's less of a stretch that these names were pulled from thin air.)

Belle=White
Cheren=Black
N (Nezu)=Gray

These three seem to be your "rivals", either by being official "rivals" or recurring opponents to you, the player character. So it makes sense if their names are related to the titles of the games.

Of course, that's all dependent on if the 3rd installment will be Gray or the much-cooler Scarlet/Crimson.

Lorde
3rd September 2010, 4:32 AM
Haha, no, not exactly.

Here's the post I was thinking of.

... the theory actually isn't very sound but I suppose it's something.

So then N > Nezu > Gray version?

It's a stretch though; I'd think they'd give N an English-sounding name after all this drama and not just a Japanese name. I don't take much stock in the manga either so I'm not sure N was given a codename for the manga's sake. Eitherway, N is probably the most mysterious character we've had in a long time and even Iris appears to be adding to this since we don't know what her initial role will be in the Black and White games.

WynautQueen
3rd September 2010, 4:49 AM
Foreshadowing of a new toast Pokémon?

Yes.

Yes! Blastoast, a fire/bread type!

Uh, anyway... N intrigues me most so far. I can't remember, have we seen if he's involved with Team Plasma or not, or is he doing his own thing?

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
3rd September 2010, 4:58 AM

Uh, anyway... N intrigues me most so far. I can't remember, have we seen if he's involved with Team Plasma or not, or is he doing his own thing?

I thought that N is not involved with Team Plasma, but I may be wrong.

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 4:58 AM
Why do people assume it's going to be Gray version next?

What's wrong with Rainbow version? Is that too gay or something?

Grei
3rd September 2010, 5:02 AM
Why do people assume it's going to be Gray version next?

What's wrong with Rainbow version? Is that too gay or something?

Yes.

Real answer: Pokemon Rainbow has not been trademarked so it likely won't be the 3rd version. Pokemon Brown, Scarlet, Scarlet (spelled a different way--two t's?), Crimson, Purple, and Gray have all been trademarked, though.

But seriously, nobody here is saying they assume Gray is next. N's possible full name hints that Gray may be next, but that's all.

I personally am hoping for 'Scarlett'.

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 5:07 AM
But seriously, nobody here is saying they assume Gray is next.

I know, I just thought that was the best way to start the joke. XD

I agree, Scarlett sounds awesome, though how does that fit with Black and White? I guess Gray sounds the most logical...

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
3rd September 2010, 5:13 AM
I know, I just thought that was the best way to start the joke. XD

I agree, Scarlett sounds awesome, though how does that fit with Black and White? I guess Gray sounds the most logical...

I've never heard somebody mention Scarlet.

I've heard Crimson, though. I forgot what it's connection has to do with Yin and Yang. It's like a third counterpart. Something like that.

Gray is a likely candidate.

And whoever mentioned something about Gray + N = Grain is silly. :/

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 5:17 AM
I've never heard somebody mention Scarlet.

I personally am hoping for 'Scarlett'.

And whoever mentioned something about Gray + N = Grain is silly. :/

I have a feeling that was a joke...

Mewtwo_soul
3rd September 2010, 5:18 AM
I don't see much wrong with having N from Pokemon sharing his name with N from Death Note, it just seems repetitive since it's been done already. This makes me think Game Freak is running out of ideas if they're trying to give newer characters from Black and White, names already used in other franchises. How about instead of codenames, the characters get real, Japaneses names? I miss the old trend where most characters got Japanese names :[

I think it's coincidental. Many series have had characters with a single letter for a name pulling the whole mystery thing. It isn't like it originated in Death Note or anything, there are probably many anime/manga series that have done something similar. Maybe his name is a reference that isn't or hasn't been made clear yet.

On that note: Am I the only one that thinks of a pizza boy every time they see N. It almost makes me chuckle everytime I see him.

Luke the Almighty
3rd September 2010, 5:42 AM

Bread is a much better new type than Light.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
3rd September 2010, 5:45 AM
I have a feeling that was a joke...

I know, that's why I said that he was silly.

But this is getting off-topic.

Cheren seems like he will be the more major rival than Belle.

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 5:47 AM
Bread is a much better new type than Light.

Just make sure you don't have any bird pokemon with you...

Luke the Almighty
3rd September 2010, 5:53 AM
I know, that's why I said that he was silly.

But this is getting off-topic.

Cheren seems like he will be the more major rival than Belle.
I can see Cheren battling more strategically than Belle. Cheren may use different techniques such as Defense Curl + Rollout. Belle may battle with strong/fast hitters, and just want to strike as hard as possible.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
3rd September 2010, 6:00 AM
I can see Cheren battling more strategically than Belle. Cheren may use different techniques such as Defense Curl + Rollout. Belle may battle with strong/fast hitters, and just want to strike as hard as possible.

I can imagine Belle starting off as weak and pathetic, and becomes stronger and smarter as you get farther in the game. CoroCoro did say that she grows as a Pokemon Trainer.

Mewtwo_soul
3rd September 2010, 6:08 AM

I agree. Although I think Cheren may end up similar to Blue/Green in the idea he may analyze your team from his battles with you and adjust accordingly to how they did like in Yellow. (Except probably better) Belle I can see maybe either making a team that is just meant to waste PP or cause status effects/etc. Considering the one quote says something like "Appears at the wrong time." Although then again I may be looking too deeply into such quotes.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd September 2010, 9:00 AM
Interesting tidbit: When N begins to battle you in the trailer from the other day, he says "I'm going to make you listen to the voices of your Pokemon more!"

And mark my words when I say that Belle will be the newly crowned Champion when you walk into the room, having just overthrown Cheren's claim to the title.

Plasma Grunt, before the battle in the factory: "We're fighting day and night in order to free Pokemon from foolish people."

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 9:03 AM
Interesting tidbit: When N begins to battle you in the trailer from the other day, he says "I'm going to make you listen to the voices of your Pokemon more!"

And mark my words when I say that Belle will be the newly crowned Champion when you walk into the room, having just overthrown Cheren's claim to the title.

How's THAT for a plot twist?

Lorde
3rd September 2010, 9:08 AM
Hmm if I had to rank the rivals from 1 to 3, 1 being the most lethal and 3 being a piece of cake, I think Cheren would take the top spot. He seems to battle with cold-hard logic and not just instinct like other trainers. N looks like he'd let his emotions and feelings for his Pokemon get in the way of battle so he's in the middle at number 2. Belle just seems naive for some reason, too happy to be taken seriously so she's probably weak and takes the 3rd spot.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd September 2010, 9:10 AM
How's THAT for a plot twist?

:) I thought of it because everyone was assuming she was the "weakest" of the 3 friends, because she picks the starter weaker to yours, but she still manages to get the starter that's super effective on Cheren's. I just thought it'd be cool if she could overcome him, as a kind of pay-off to that. Plus, having the ditzy, unhelpful one, who went on an adventure despite their father's wishes, becoming champion would be awesome character development/pay-off for a Pokemon game.

That or have her sacrifice herself to save you/Cheren. And then have the father be all like "noooooo!!!". Ok scratch that last part.

lavisboy
3rd September 2010, 9:19 AM
:) I thought of it because everyone was assuming she was the "weakest" of the 3 friends, because she picks the starter weaker to yours, but she still manages to get the starter that's super effective on Cheren's. I just thought it'd be cool if she could overcome him, as a kind of pay-off to that. Plus, having the ditzy, unhelpful one, who went on an adventure despite their father's wishes, becoming champion would be awesome character development/pay-off for a Pokemon game.

That or have her sacrifice herself to save you/Cheren. And then have the father be all like "noooooo!!!". Ok scratch that last part.

I don't know about sacrificing herself, but maybe her pokemon take an attack that would have wiped yours out, or something...lol. It's possible, I guess.

Stardust .
3rd September 2010, 12:53 PM
Am I the only one who think looks like a female?

Lorde
3rd September 2010, 1:14 PM
I can imagine Belle starting off as weak and pathetic, and becomes stronger and smarter as you get farther in the game. CoroCoro did say that she grows as a Pokemon Trainer.

Yeah but in Japan, the female characters almost never get the amount of attention/character development they deserve. It's not very often that a female character comes around who is given the skills to be the best. I think the last example was Cynthia who was the Sinnoh Champion. I think Belle will be the generic weak opponent; I've just seen this trend all too often and I expect it unfortunately :(

mitchman_93
3rd September 2010, 2:16 PM
Yeah but in Japan, the female characters almost never get the amount of attention/character development they deserve. It's not very often that a female character comes around who is given the skills to be the best. I think the last example was Cynthia who was the Sinnoh Champion. I think Belle will be the generic weak opponent; I've just seen this trend all too often and I expect it unfortunately :(
She's actually weak to you and strong towards Cheren, so she might be week only for you. Like she definitely will not get farther then you, but might end up past Cheren by a mile.

gliscor&yanmega
3rd September 2010, 2:20 PM
I don't think Belle will be a weak trainer. Obviously in the end she'll be weaker then you(Unless you can't beat her for some reason), but I still think throughout the game she will show herself to be strong.

If she's collecting badges(I don't know if it was every stated what exactly she's doing), then I could see them making her always a step or two ahead of us.

I would like it if she or Cheren became the champion though. Although I think Cheren will be the champion over her.

Zhanton
3rd September 2010, 2:25 PM
BAHAHAHAHA SAB~
I can actually see her surprising everyone by becoming the Champion. I can see it now...you just defeat Eilte Four member #4, and then Cheren comes running out of the Champion's room. You run in to find Belle DUN DUN DUN

Lorde
3rd September 2010, 2:42 PM
BAHAHAHAHA SAB~
I can actually see her surprising everyone by becoming the Champion. I can see it now...you just defeat Eilte Four member #4, and then Cheren comes running out of the Champion's room. You run in to find Belle DUN DUN DUN

But having two blonde female Champions in a row seems really repetitive. I'd rather Belle were strong, but not the strongest out of the group of rivals in Black and White. Cheren looks to be someone I can see being the Champion in the end since he probably has the best strategies due to being so tactical. All the other trainers just look like supporting characters next to him.

kemal07
3rd September 2010, 2:52 PM
I've never been fond of rivals becoming the champion of the specific region. I find it more interesting and unique when the champions a complete new character, but only if the champion does appear to us in the games before being revealed champion just like all the previous champions.

and hoow real is this N being North and his brother South the so called 'champion'.

The rumoured elite four members and their types has surprised me to be honest. its too similar to the members from before, for example

Elite Four member 1 = Normal/Flying (ok this is a first but the rest just breaks the chain)
Elite Four member 2 = Steel/Fighting (we've had fighting plenty of times in the E4, Bruno and was already a second member back in Kanto/RBY)
Elite Four member 3 = Ghost/Dark (weve already had Agatha and Karen 3/4 member respectively, if this is real may hint that there may be no Dark gym)
Elite Four member 4 = Dragon (like how many times!, Lance-Drake)

I really hope these are fake as i'm not that impressed with the Elite Four list.

Zhanton
3rd September 2010, 2:58 PM
and hoow real is this N being North and his brother South the so called 'champion'.

The rumoured elite four members and their types has surprised me to be honest. its too similar to the members from before, for example

Elite Four member 1 = Normal/Flying (ok this is a first but the rest just breaks the chain)
Elite Four member 2 = Steel/Fighting (we've had fighting plenty of times in the E4, Bruno and was already a second member back in Kanto/RBY)
Elite Four member 3 = Ghost/Dark (weve already had Agatha and Karen 3/4 member respectively, if this is real may hint that there may be no Dark gym)
Elite Four member 4 = Dragon (like how many times!, Lance-Drake)

I really hope these are fake as i'm not that impressed with the Elite Four list.

They're all rumours.
The North/South/East/West thing sounds semi-plausible, but the E4 rumours are totally fake. Dual type Elite Four members? Doubt it.

lucario295
3rd September 2010, 7:09 PM
don't underestimate Belle she may become champ and i'm gonna laugh so hard and then go all crazy on belle and win it 2 min. then cheren comes in cuz he just beat the E4 and your like WTF i just got done beating Belle but ok I'll beat you too (a couple min. later) OMG i lost i guess your just too awesome cheren...... (the end)

Missingno.Fan
3rd September 2010, 10:26 PM
I do too. I wouldn't mind a Flying and Steel type, but we really need to give Ghost, Dark, and Dragon a rest now.

d4rk_tailed
4th September 2010, 3:11 AM
But having two blonde female Champions in a row seems really repetitive.

Haha, thats true, but having Wallace (**** 2) follow Lance (**** 1) wasnt that great either. Hey man, I have a cape!!! I miss the days of RBY when the champ looked............you know.......normal. Gary came in, nice shirt and trousers with medallion "Imma f**k you up." Since then, apart from Steven (and even he had dogy steel bangles everywhere), Lance, Wallace AND Cynthia have just walked around like overdressed fashion statements. So I too back one out of Cheren and Belle becoming champion.

Cheren's jeans look tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tight. Hows he supposed to jump around celebrating Pokemon captures when his crotch is being minced like that?

Dr. Empoleon
4th September 2010, 4:34 AM
I really hope that one of the elite four or gym leaders in Isshu will be a steel type specialist.

erekwashere15
4th September 2010, 5:22 AM
I hope we see some types we haven't seen in the Elite Four. Sure Grass has a lot of weaknesses, so does Bug and that didn't stop Aaron. I like the idea Mewtwo_Soul mentioned, involving Cheren's and Belle's teams changing depending on how you do. It'd be sweet if the rest of their team changed, not just one to three pokemon. btw, love the sig Dr. Empoleon.

Lorde
4th September 2010, 9:56 AM
I really don't want either of the rivals, Cheren or Belle, to have any role with the Pokemon League whatsoever. Their roles should be confined to appearing in every few towns just to battle you, then lose, then battle you again. They could be supporting characters too, but I hope that's the extent of their role. Having either of them as champions seems too much like Generation 1 all over again :x

Maxim
4th September 2010, 4:36 PM
I really don't want either of the rivals, Cheren or Belle, to have any role with the Pokemon League whatsoever. Their roles should be confined to appearing in every few towns just to battle you, then lose, then battle you again. They could be supporting characters too, but I hope that's the extent of their role. Having either of them as champions seems too much like Generation 1 all over again :x

I agree wholeheartedly.

Neither I want N to be the Champion (though, N seems to have something to do with the villain team. By the way, to those who say that Isshu region is "so American" - Royalty is definitely not American).

I want a completely new character to be a Champion. And, at best, I'd like a monotype Trainer. It's time for an Ice Champion, I think.

SupaKawaii
4th September 2010, 4:40 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

Neither I want N to be the Champion (though, N seems to have something to do with the villain team. By the way, to those who say that Isshu region is "so American" - Royalty is definitely not American).

Yes, but all Caucasian Americans have their roots straight from Europe and every other European country has a Royal family. So Maybe N' comes from England or something like that, but tbh. I don't think it's N in that video being crowned because the person looks like a Girl. (Slender hands, long eyelashes)

Maxim
4th September 2010, 4:58 PM
Yes, but all Caucasian Americans have their roots straight from Europe and every other European country has a Royal family. So Maybe N' comes from England or something like that, but tbh. I don't think it's N in that video being crowned because the person looks like a Girl. (Slender hands, long eyelashes)

I also think that it's not N. But I believe that it could be his ancestor. It seems to be an ancient story (again, "ancient" is not American, unless we're talking about the natives), so it might work.

Luke the Almighty
4th September 2010, 5:30 PM
The bad guys are royalty (Team Plasma). Much like in America's history (Great Britain).

Lorde
4th September 2010, 5:39 PM

N is from Europe? Now Pokemon sounds more like Death Note than ever before! I think he's just supposed to be a total mystery in the Black and White games. I mean, do they ever tell us their backstory straight out including their country of origin when the games are released? Not that I recall. We just usually have to figure that out ourselves. Cheren and Belle are in the same boat, both look European but probably aren't :S

pandastar16
4th September 2010, 6:31 PM

or he could think it's unsafe for her

Araleon
4th September 2010, 7:11 PM
So, what do you people think Iris' in-game role is gonna be? I was shocked, but pleasantly, when I saw that she's in the game.

Lorde
4th September 2010, 7:16 PM
So, what do you people think Iris' in-game role is gonna be? I was shocked, but pleasantly, when I saw that she's in the game.

She's probably a supporting character of sorts. I think she'll appear at one point in the story, probably around the time Team Plasma is starting to get active. She seems to be connected to Reshiram and Zekrom from the look of things so maybe she'll lead the player in their direction somehow? I once joked about how Iris would be the key to unlocking Reshiram and Zekrom, maybe I was right.

d4rk_tailed
5th September 2010, 12:39 AM
The bad guys are royalty (Team Plasma). Much like in America's history (Great Britain).

Woah woah woah!! What is THAT supposed to mean eh? :D

Luke the Almighty
5th September 2010, 1:00 AM
Woah woah woah!! What is THAT supposed to mean eh? :D

I mean that during the American Revolution, the opposition was the monarchy of Great Britain, and they were fighting for democracy in America.

The villains (opposing team) is Team Plasma, and with hints toward a monarchy system within the team (knights, a king and royal crown, etc), it supports the fact that America is what Isshu is based off of.

But I'm not starting this argument right now.

Icay4321
5th September 2010, 1:11 AM
So, don't know if this means anything... but, in the first trailer from wednesday, little N is with a Hihidaruma (who has its arm around him), some Koromori, and a Zorua. Plus, he has the Rubiks cube around his neck.

d4rk_tailed
5th September 2010, 1:39 AM
I mean that during the American Revolution, the opposition was the monarchy of Great Britain, and they were fighting for democracy in America.

Haha dw, I just fancied being a d*ck :D Wasnt that American War of Independence though?

So, don't know if this means anything... but, in the first trailer from wednesday, little N is with a Hihidaruma (who has its arm around him), some Koromori, and a Zorua. Plus, he has the Rubiks cube around his neck.

Pokemon Trainer N challenges you to a...........Rubiks cube solving mission?!?!?!?

"Hey newb trainer, if you can solve this Rubiks cube before me, I wont steal your prize money fool." :D

Lucario_J
5th September 2010, 7:21 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/pokemonnewsun/home

if you go to this site there is LOADS of information!

P.S. the site is Portuguese (if you have google chrome is shouldn't be a problem)

Pepsi_Plunge
5th September 2010, 7:57 AM
Doesnt have anything new.

Lorde
5th September 2010, 10:50 AM

Yeah I think everyone kind of noticed those Pokemon with him. Don't take it the wrong way though, those are only generic wild Isshu region Pokemon used to showcase how N grew up in nature on his own. They add some backstory to his character. As for the rubiks cube, maybe it represents how life is puzzling?

MegaKoka123
5th September 2010, 8:42 PM
You Guys I think the girl is not really the best that they could have picked.I think they should have you no not make her a wild child.I am a little confused about N. Is he a bad guy or Ash's rival because cheren could be it too.By the way do you guys think the evolutions are cool?I like Tstutaga but the other I hate because it has no creativity.The water is okay.

GaZsTiC
5th September 2010, 8:51 PM
You Guys I think the girl is not really the best that they could have picked.I think they should have you no not make her a wild child.I am a little confused about N. Is he a bad guy or Ash's rival because cheren could be it too.By the way do you guys think the evolutions are cool?I like Tstutaga but the other I hate because it has no creativity.The water is okay.

This is discussion about the games. There is an entire board for the anime.

Toucan96
5th September 2010, 9:55 PM
I don't like the name "Team Proton". we just got finished with Galactic, why do we need some other sciency-name? They'll probably just be rip-offs of Team Galactic.

NDenizen
5th September 2010, 10:28 PM
It's not a Rubik's Cube, by the way. It's a Void cube, slightly different.

Lorde
5th September 2010, 10:33 PM
It's not a Rubik's Cube, by the way. It's a Void cube, slightly different.

I don't think it really matters since it doesn't seem to stand for anything, it looks to be part of N's outfit's decoration or something. Maybe he just likes to show off wacky fashion or he didn't learn how to dress himself properly in the wild or whatever. I still think he's quite the oddball in Generation 5. His whole story just screams weird. I mean, raised in the wild by Pokemon? Where have I heard this before...

zodiacsage
5th September 2010, 10:42 PM
I don't think it really matters since it doesn't seem to stand for anything, it looks to be part of N's outfit's decoration or something. Maybe he just likes to show off wacky fashion or he didn't learn how to dress himself properly in the wild or whatever. I still think he's quite the oddball in Generation 5. His whole story just screams weird.

I had actually thought maybe the cube on his belt and the pendant on his neck might have something to do with Reshiram and Zekrom, perhaps each one is a Key Item associated with interacting with them at a certain point in the story, kind of like the Red Chain in Sinnoh. This is of course just my own ideas and as far as I know nothing close to this has been confirmed.

NDenizen
5th September 2010, 10:52 PM
This is a Japanese game we're talking about here, EVERYTHING has some sort of meaning. A Void Cube is going to either be important or symbolise something.

Lorde
5th September 2010, 10:59 PM
I had actually thought maybe the cube on his belt and the pendant on his neck might have something to do with Reshiram and Zekrom, perhaps each one is a Key Item associated with interacting with them at a certain point in the story, kind of like the Red Chain in Sinnoh. This is of course just my own ideas and as far as I know nothing close to this has been confirmed.

I was thinking that Game Freak might have saved the "key" role for Iris since she appears to have a role in the story judging from both the game trailers and other media. I can see why people would think N could be related to Reshiram and Zekrom but at the moment, there are like 10 characters who seem to have this connection and Iris is the only one that seems to fit.

pandastar16
5th September 2010, 11:17 PM
i hope iris has a good part in the game/anime

Meganium
6th September 2010, 2:38 AM
Irisis' role might have something to do with the musicals or the dragons since usually the female in the anime does contests and she was in the scene with the old guy talking about dragons. I'm actually wondering if he's the same guy in the anime teaser sketches with the Umbreon.

Combining all the good types of rivals into one game could be good.

Belle seems to be goofy like Barry but having a rich back story all of her own

Cheren seems to be a helpful like May/Brendan in R/S/E but having an actual personality

N seems to be like Silver but with a much more of a driven purpose.

I'm going to guess that N does not get one of the starters since he's the only one not from your home town and that Cheren is probably the own to get the starter your weak to as a "calculated decision" and Belle the one your strong against since she is making a decision to disobey and not a "calculated" one as Cheren would.

wolvie616
6th September 2010, 5:26 AM
so is everyone else psyched about actually having a slightly more in depth story?

Pepsi_Plunge
6th September 2010, 6:38 AM
Meh seems like some people arent, I see people saying the Rivals,etc dont need to be more active has before and actually giving you a run for you money XD.

In my opinion yes I hope they worked the plot well and its a lot more depth then before, specially the rivals, N possible Gym Leaders reapearences, Team Plasma, Iris and the dragons,etc.

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 8:55 AM
Reading N's info

He sounds kinda like the Elite4 Champ. All about the luvy duvy stuff with pokemon and his "mysterious" personality/looks. The Champs are always the quite ones >.> Hopefully he gives up the Togepi egg lol.

BTW, who thinks they will shorten the pokemon love speeches in characters? Its so annoying pressing A the whole time for nothing.. >.<

Lorde
6th September 2010, 10:55 AM
so is everyone else psyched about actually having a slightly more in depth story?

Not really. I mean I'm really glad that they've given people like N some actual backstory in Black and White but I don't think this will be the case with every other character so I can't be too excited if it's not going to be a consistent trend. What I do like about the Isshu characters is how their names aren't all exclusively Japanese though, that's an added twist. I was so used to just traditional Japanese names before haha.

nekromedia
6th September 2010, 11:04 AM
I kinda hope Makomo stars out as your friend and then steals form the lab or something, haha. She IS deeply involved, after all. And we need more back-stabbers in Pokemon games.

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 11:32 AM
I kinda hope Makomo stars out as your friend and then steals form the lab or something, haha. She IS deeply involved, after all. And we need more back-stabbers in Pokemon games.

Lab stealing is soooooo SS/HG >.>

Belle looks evil'ish tho. The kind that takes things by "accident" lol.

Lorde
6th September 2010, 11:40 AM

Makomo, stealing? Honestly, what kind of lesson is that for the kids who play the game? Stealing is ok as long as you don't get caught? I also agree with the post below, lab stealing is soooooo HG/SS.

Lab stealing is soooooo SS/HG >.>

Belle looks evil'ish tho. The kind that takes things by "accident" lol.

Are you implying that Belle might be a kleptomaniac? She does look a little too happy over there but I think it's just another generic girly-girl design and that she is supposed to look really happy for whatever reason Game Freak thought up during the character design process.

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 11:46 AM
Are you implying that Belle might be a kleptomaniac? She does look a little too happy over there but I think it's just another generic girly-girl design and that she is supposed to look really happy for whatever reason Game Freak thought up during the character design process.

Nah, im saying she looks pretty Klutzy. *cough* The dumb blonde *cough*

Does anyone else think Cherelle looks like a chick? O_o

Stardust .
6th September 2010, 11:59 AM
Nah, im saying she looks pretty Klutzy. *cough* The dumb blonde *cough*

Totally do. I thought he was a female but then I found out.. they should learn how to draw guys better.

Lorde
6th September 2010, 12:17 PM

Cherelle? You mean Cheren? He looks like a dude to me. Especially his face, he has that look about him that just screams "guy" since he's all stoic and calm. His design is a little odd though, I mean, why the tight pants? I know tons of emo guys wear tight pants in real life but giving them to Cheren doesn't work out so well. It makes his legs look skinnier than they should be :/

Zhanton
6th September 2010, 12:22 PM
Hahaha I thought Cheren was a girl too at first glance hahaha.

Why would Makomo steal anything from the lab? Isn't she Prof Aragari's [sp?] assistant??

Princess Milotic☆
6th September 2010, 1:13 PM
Cherelle? You mean Cheren? He looks like a dude to me. Especially his face, he has that look about him that just screams "guy" since he's all stoic and calm. His design is a little odd though, I mean, why the tight pants? I know tons of emo guys wear tight pants in real life but giving them to Cheren doesn't work out so well. It makes his legs look skinnier than they should be :/

Omg, that reminds me, a cute looking emo boy character in pokemon would be EPIC.

He'd be like " Screamo!(emo - pokemon) I Choose You! "

His signature move? Self Cut! Kinda like splash, but hurts itself.
@zhenton - Makomo could b a silent deadly threat! Eeeeevil.

Btw, just kidding about the Self cut thing... >.>

d4rk_tailed
6th September 2010, 7:15 PM
His whole story just screams weird. I mean, raised in the wild by Pokemon? Where have I heard this before...

I thought of Tommy aswell.....or were you reminded of someone different?

Lol yeah :D In a way, I wish it were the boy rival who was dumb and blonde whilst the female rival was dark and calculating.

Why would Makomo steal anything from the lab? Isn't she Prof Aragari's [sp?] assistant??

But all nerds (not saying she is a nerdy character until I can watch the show and judge) dream of that life where they can bust out on their motorbike and go steal chickens and livestock and be rebels!!!!!!!!! ;)

Lorde
6th September 2010, 7:50 PM
Hopefully we get a decent backstory to Makomo and her job as the assistant at the lab, Cheren and the origin of his glasses and Belle and whether or not she may be related to Barry from D/P/Pt. I think the similarities are quite astounding if you compared Belle's Ken Sugimori artwork to Barry's :S

Arceus, The Original One
6th September 2010, 8:05 PM
I think it's just another generic girly-girl design and that she is supposed to look really happy for whatever reason Game Freak thought up during the character design process.

I agree, Belle does seem a bit blonde. But she has to be related to barry though, similar clothes, styles, hair colours.

Mr. Joker
6th September 2010, 9:59 PM
Doesn't Belle look like a character from Hoenn, and Cheren from Sinnoh, or am I just weird?

Mewtwo_soul
7th September 2010, 8:20 AM
Cheren reminds me of one of the main characters from Disgaea 3. I was kind of surprised at his design. Almost too coincidental.

Ash-kid
7th September 2010, 8:25 AM
Doesn't Belle look like a character from Hoenn, and Cheren from Sinnoh, or am I just weird?

Yes, its really strange. Belle looks like a female Barry, Cheren like a male Marley. Just what, Belle will not be important as Barry.

Lorde
7th September 2010, 9:51 AM
Doesn't Belle look like a character from Hoenn

Yes, its really strange. Belle looks like a female Barry, Cheren like a male Marley. Just what, Belle will not be important as Barry.

Well no, Mr. Joker asked if others saw a similarity between Belle and a character you'd expect to see in Hoenn. Barry isn't from Hoenn so it does little good to randomly bring up a Sinnoh-exclusive character. I agree about Marley looking like Cheren but that's about the only comparison that makes sense in this case. I don't think it was done on purpose though, in Cheren's case. He's just supposed to be the generic cool boy character.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
7th September 2010, 11:14 PM
IMHO the rivals look pretty lame. They're more like

"POKAYMANZ R FUN LETZ BATTLEZORZ, WHOPS I LOST"

I loved Blue/Silver/Barry, they were competitive and actually had decent teams (unlike Brandon/May)

I'm ready to be disappointed.

Tropios
7th September 2010, 11:20 PM
Well no, Mr. Joker asked if others saw a similarity between Belle and a character you'd expect to see in Hoenn. Barry isn't from Hoenn so it does little good to randomly bring up a Sinnoh-exclusive character. I agree about Marley looking like Cheren but that's about the only comparison that makes sense in this case. I don't think it was done on purpose though, in Cheren's case. He's just supposed to be the generic cool boy character.

i dont think cheren is cool at all, but N really is :D

hes like the coolest rival, he also looks like the toughest and not like “POKEMANZ BLABLA OOPZ I LOST” at all.

he seems much deeper and smarter and his smile has something mysterious

cranberries
7th September 2010, 11:20 PM
IMHO the rivals look pretty lame. They're more like

"POKAYMANZ R FUN LETZ BATTLEZORZ, WHOPS I LOST"

I loved Blue/Silver/Barry, they were competitive and actually had decent teams (unlike Brandon/May)

I'm ready to be disappointed.

I think Cheren was suposed to be like what you were looking for, mostly cuz he is suposed to chalenge you after you took the pokemon he was gonna take.

Icay4321
8th September 2010, 12:38 AM
I agree, Belle does seem a bit blonde. But she has to be related to barry though, similar clothes, styles, hair colours.

OoO... just OoO... Wow... It's uncanny!

kemal07
8th September 2010, 1:42 AM
Don't know about you guys but my favourite top 3 characters so far (apart from Black and white) are:

1) Rival N
2) Dento
3) Aloe

Does anyone have any idea who those two pretty female characters are that were shown on a screenshot from the whole 'crowning' scene.
One had greyish hair in a similar hairstyle to Galactic Commander Jupiter's
The other had long brown hair with 2 white streaks in the front.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
8th September 2010, 1:44 AM
Meh, TBH I don't like ANY of the characters currently revealed.

Grei
8th September 2010, 2:21 AM

Why is that? I think the player characters, Prof. Yew Araragi and N are all really interesting, and I don't dislike Cheren or Belle. Mokomo looks annoying but I'm sure she isn't.

Phailure123
8th September 2010, 3:10 AM
I hope Cheren turns out to be a total jerk.

He's currently my favorite. :|

Princess Milotic☆
8th September 2010, 3:32 AM

for reals?

atleast the 2 main characters have stepped up their game. Like, finally they R teens o.o

Lorde
8th September 2010, 3:39 AM
I hope Cheren turns out to be a total jerk.

He's currently my favorite. :|

Cheren looks kind of tactical and calculating which, in Pokemon, usually translates to "jerk" so you may get your wish lol. Honestly, aren't all the male rivals in the games really rude and annoying? Blue, Silver, and Barry come to mind. I just hope they give Cheren a better backstory and maybe a change at the end of the story? He seems to stiff and serious, maybe he'll learn to loosen up a bit. Just a thought.

Phailure123
8th September 2010, 4:30 AM
Cheren looks kind of tactical and calculating which, in Pokemon, usually translates to "jerk" so you may get your wish lol. Honestly, aren't all the male rivals in the games really rude and annoying? Blue, Silver, and Barry come to mind. I just hope they give Cheren a better backstory and maybe a change at the end of the story? He seems to stiff and serious, maybe he'll learn to loosen up a bit. Just a thought.
Well, yeah, each rival was rude in a different way. Blue was a show off, Silver was just plain mean, and Barry was really pushy. They're a pretty boring rival if they aren't a jerk, imo. Like Wally, for instance. As a rival, I thought he was really lacking.

As for Cheren, I'm hoping he will be helpful and give good advice, like it says he will, but does it in a condescending, arrogant way. But I want his jerkiness to be done more subtly than the previous rivals.
Or maybe he could just turn out to be a jerk with a heart of gold? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerkWithAHeartOfGold) That would be pretty neat, too.

Yeah! They better give Cheren a proper backstory and character development. Because if they don't, I might have to myself...

AmericanDreamer
9th September 2010, 2:32 AM
My personal impressions of the characters.

Belle - seems like she could either go the calm, kind, and collected route, or the ditzy airhead route. Either way, I have a really hard time seeing her on a "quest" though forests and mountains and whatnot. She isn't dressed for it at all (seriously, that long skirt thing would be ruined pretty quick. I like her, but I don't think that she will end up as a serious competitor or rival.

Cheren - Now THIS guy looks like a rival :) he seems to be an analytical type, perhaps even a scientific type. I could see him as being someone who takes an almost computer approach to pokemon, not at all being a bad person, but maybe forgetting that they are living things that need care and whatnot. For some reason he reminds me of Ken from the second Digimon show (the guy who was the bad guy at first, with Wormmon, or however you spell it).

I like both of these rivals so far, and I have not really done so since Silver (who was a jerk, but one of the most well done and interesting characters in the games).

Prof. Araragi - She strikes me as a tough lady. Perhaps the kind that, in her enthusiasm for some sort of new finding, tends to steamroll over other people. I can also see her as being the sort of scatterbrained genius type, increadibly gifted but forgets to do important things like...sleep or eat. I can see it being the kind of situation where, if not for Makomo, she would be living in a pigsty, get nothing done other then her "work", and would likely pass out from starvation (that is an extreme form of what I mean, but you get the picture).

Makomo - Her appearance just screams constant worrier to me. I can totally see her being part assistant, part caretaker for Prof. Araragi, never getting a moment's rest because she does all the work which Prof. Araragi is too scatterbrained or lazy to do. When Araragi finally conks in her chair out because she has stayed up till 5 A.M. working on some formula, Makomo would be the person who carries her up to bed. Total fussy mother type.

N - Very hard for me to judge. I can't even say if he is a bad guy or a good guy. He obviously has some connection with Plasma, and shares some of their ideals, but somehow he just doesn't strike me as a gad guy (and usually you can tell in Pokemon, anyone who looked at a picture of Giovanni or Cyrus would know that they were the villians). N looks more like the guy who is some sort of uber strong, "Cynthia" type, who has lived a tough life but who has a good heart. If anything, I can see him as being the guy who could...I don't know, "redeem" Team Plasma, and make them realize that their methods are wrong. I think that you will battle him a few times (he might even be the Champion, and if so, he will be my favorite so far, barely edging out Gary, who in turn barely edges out Cynthia) but my gut tells me that these battles are more testing battles to see if you maybe have what it takes to stop Plasma or somthing like that.

Obviously, these are nothing more then guesswork and first impressions based on appearance, facial expressions, and poses more then anything else. But I am usually pretty decent at this, so there you go.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
9th September 2010, 3:20 AM
IMO N looks lame. Both rivals look MEH. Whatever happened to rivals like Blue/Silver/Barry? *gets ready for another Brandon/May/Wally situation*

nekromedia
9th September 2010, 4:10 AM
Makomo, stealing? Honestly, what kind of lesson is that for the kids who play the game? Stealing is ok as long as you don't get caught? I also agree with the post below, lab stealing is soooooo HG/SS.
Killing Green's Rattatta is okay for kids as a lesson as long as it's not heavily implied?
Silver stole, too, you know.

Well, I guess killing Rattatta wasn't really intentional, anyway.

Cheren reminds me of one of the main characters from Disgaea 3. I was kind of surprised at his design. Almost too coincidental.
You are my new favorite person.
No, seriously.
I think I love you.

^^Yoshinichi^^
9th September 2010, 5:29 AM
Why is that? I think the player characters, Prof. Yew Araragi and N are all really interesting, and I don't dislike Cheren or Belle. Mokomo looks annoying but I'm sure she isn't.

I'd be pretty happy if Professor Yew turns out to be her English name, considering that's what I named my region Professor from one of my fake regions. :D He was male, though.

I really want to know more about N's backstory. I want to know why he believes that Pokemon should be free, what Pokemon he does use, and whether his path intertwines with Plasma's. I have a feeling the plot will be much thicker in this game. This really is a rebirth for Pokemon, in my opinion.

Lorde
9th September 2010, 4:12 PM
Killing Green's Rattatta is okay for kids as a lesson as long as it's not heavily implied?
Silver stole, too, you know.

Well, I guess killing Rattatta wasn't really intentional, anyway.

...come on now. You're going to use an old rumor like that all of a sudden? I know Silver stole in G/S/C and then in HG/SS. The difference is that in HG/SS, he apologizes for it which, although doesn't make up for the crime, is at least something like a lesson. Makomo, Belle, Cheren or any of the other characters from Isshu don't even seem like they'd steal a cookie, much less, a Pokemon from Prof. Araragi's lab.

cranberries
9th September 2010, 4:40 PM
...come on now. You're going to use an old rumor like that all of a sudden? I know Silver stole in G/S/C and then in HG/SS. The difference is that in HG/SS, he apologizes for it which, although doesn't make up for the crime, is at least something like a lesson. Makomo, Belle, Cheren or any of the other characters from Isshu don't even seem like they'd steal a cookie, much less, a Pokemon from Prof. Araragi's lab.

I don't know. To me,if it were to help him, Cheren seems like the type to do that. Belle would do it by accident and say "Oh, it wasn't free?" But I wouldn't put it past Cheren.

Arceus, The Original One
9th September 2010, 5:58 PM
I like how everyone's suggesting Makoma might steal from Araragi, kinda reminds me when that assistant stole from Professor Hastings in Ranger. :)

Lorde
9th September 2010, 6:11 PM
I don't know. To me,if it were to help him, Cheren seems like the type to do that. Belle would do it by accident and say "Oh, it wasn't free?" But I wouldn't put it past Cheren.

You mean, Cheren would steal a Pokemon if it helped him get stronger along the way? He does seems kind of mean but not that mean to the point where he'd do random crimes for the sake of power haha. Belle seems too friendly to do it, even by accident. I feel like she's actually quite intelligent and not dumb or slow like most people assume of blondes. Makomo is the sneaky one who seems to have no real role at the moment, so I guess people like the idea of her being a thief so that she livens up?

Satoshi_poketo monsta
9th September 2010, 6:40 PM
I don't know how to say this. But I think N would be the coolest Rival! Gosh! I really love his design as well. But I feel like this Belle would be the goof character. Cheren? Obvious, He's a smart guy. But I wonder what happen with this N...

Arceus, The Original One
9th September 2010, 7:40 PM
You mean, Cheren would steal a Pokemon if it helped him get stronger along the way? He does seems kind of mean but not that mean to the point where he'd do random crimes for the sake of power haha. Belle seems too friendly to do it, even by accident. I feel like she's actually quite intelligent and not dumb or slow like most people assume of blondes. Makomo is the sneaky one who seems to have no real role at the moment, so I guess people like the idea of her being a thief so that she livens up?

Well Makomo introduces your character to all the Wi-Fi and Local Connection methods? So she's kind of like Teala? But not stuck at a Pokemon centre.

Princess Milotic☆
9th September 2010, 11:13 PM
Cheren - Metrosexual?' Dunno why you people like her so much. Obv rival =.=

Belle - America's Klutzy sweetheart.

N - The never though out Elite 4 Champ. Or just the reg helper monkey.
Hopefully he turns out to be the one who guides you through to the legendary. Also, wheres my togepi egg N ?

P. Aragi - Best Professor yet! Not OOOOOOLD looking :D

cranberries
9th September 2010, 11:15 PM

Belle - America's Klutzy sweetheart.

N - The never though out Elite 4 Champ. Or just the reg helper monkey.
Hopefully he turns out to be the one who guides you through to the legendary. Also, wheres my togepi egg N ?

P. Aragi - Best Professor yet! Not OOOOOOLD looking :D

Cheren is a guy, sorry to burst your bubble.

N doesn't seem to be a helper, more like a distructive hippie to me.

Lorde
10th September 2010, 12:07 AM
Well Makomo introduces your character to all the Wi-Fi and Local Connection methods? So she's kind of like Teala? But not stuck at a Pokemon centre.

I didn't know that she actually played a role so this is news to me. We didn't really need another character like Teala though. Makomo also seems to be like Roseanne from Prof. Rowan's lab only much more involved in the actual story. I might grow to like her :p

Yeah Cheren is a guy/boy. I don't know why he was given that design but yeah he's also a rival. Kind of odd how the females look like males and the males look like females lol.

Princess Milotic☆
10th September 2010, 12:08 AM
Cheren is a guy, sorry to burst your bubble.

N doesn't seem to be a helper, more like a distructive hippie to me.

I know hes a dude.. Hence " Metrosexual "