PDA

View Full Version : Water/Psychic deck help

Ritchie Donovan
8th September 2010, 6:08 PM
I'm trying to help a friend fix up his deck. After much looking over I find myself at a loss so I'm turning to the forums for help. I need some well explained suggestions if you please.

Basics:
Mudkip (Mud Sport) x2 - to be replaced with ???
Slowpoke (Whimsy Tackle) x2 - to be replaced with Slowpoke below
Slowpoke (Rambunctious Party) x2
Totodile (Gnaw/Wave Splash) x4
Drowzee (Sleep Inducer) x4
Exeggcute (Continuous Eggsplosion) x4

Stage 1:
Slowbro (Big Yawn) x1
Slowbro (Full-Belly Refresh) x1
Croconaw (Wave Splash/Big Bite) x2
Hypno (Sleep Pendulum) x1
Exeggcutor (Energy Absorbtion) x1

Stage 2:
Feraligatr (Spinning Tail) x1

Supporter:
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x3
Bill x2

Trainer:
Poke Ball x1
Potion x2
Full Heal x1
Moomoo Milk x1

Energy:
Basic Psychic x10
Basic Water x13

I think his "Ace" is Feraligatr but was thinking he could also work around Slowbro (Slowking if applicable). Let me know what you suggest. The pokemon attacks are listed because the expansions are new to me. I noted the ones i already knew need replacing. Thanks a lot in advance.

SkittyOnWailord
9th September 2010, 10:24 AM
I'll tell you what I tell every new player that goes to any of my Leagues that need help with their decks. Nearly every deck needs between 15 and 20 trainers/supporters. And most decks never need more than around 15-18 energy at the most. Also 4-1 lines aren't very good because you won't get the evolution most of the time.
I would recommend taking out about 6 energy cards and some of the smaller Pokemon lines and put in more trainers/supporters and focus more on your better lines (which seem to be to be Feraligatr and Slowbro).

Ritchie Donovan
9th September 2010, 7:53 PM
Basics:

Horsea - Space Holder x2
Slowpoke (Whimsy Tackle) x2 - to be replaced with Slowpoke below
Slowpoke (Rambunctious Party) x2
Totodile (Gnaw/Wave Splash) x4
Drowzee (Sleep Inducer) x2
Exeggcute (Continuous Eggsplosion) x2

Stage 1:

Seadra (Muddy Water/Razor Fin) - space holder
Slowbro (Big Yawn) x1
Slowbro (Full-Belly Refresh) x1
Croconaw (Wave Splash/Big Bite) x2
Hypno (Sleep Pendulum) x1
Exeggcutor (Energy Absorbtion) x1

Stage 2:

Kingdra (water arrow/stream pump) -Space Holder
Feraligatr (Spinning Tail)
Feraligatr (Rain Dance)

Supporter:
Professor Oak's New Theory x2
Professor Elm's Training Method x3
Bill x2
Fisherman x3

Trainer:
Potion x2
Full Heal x1
Moomoo Milk x1
Energy Search x2

Energy:
Basic Psychic x6
Basic Water x14

Edits are in Red. I'm a little short on stuff but what I want to fit in there are 2- 3 Dusk Balls and replace Slowbro with Slowking (prime). Also are there any better alternatives for Moomoo Milk and Potion for healing?

ven?
11th September 2010, 8:17 PM
I agree with skitty, a good 20-30 T/S/S sounds more valid.

solidify your lines so your running 2-2 or 2-2-2, the reason behind this is to increase's the chance of playing your stage 2 out faster (a 2-2-1 line is much more solid then a 2-1-1 line). adding an additional pokemon line in this deck is not a very good idea, instead nerf a line to add a line there buddy with the kingdra idea (good idea just to much stuff in this deck to get anything that needs to be played out). and is this a modified deck or unlimited?

Ritchie Donovan
11th September 2010, 11:15 PM
This deck is meant for modified play. From looking at Slowking Prime, it actually seems like a decent idea to continue focusing on the Slowpoke/Totodile families.

ven?
12th September 2010, 12:27 AM
then if this is modified consider adding bebe's search, Pokemon Collector/communication and interviewer's question's to move the right pokemon to your hand.