PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Serebii
12th September 2010, 9:33 AM
This thread is for discussion of the Serebii.net Discoveries within Pokémon Black & White found here; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=466228

Discuss and enjoy

Skirgedot
17th September 2010, 3:44 PM
Well, we know most of the game core by now, but I can't wait for the real coverage to unfold. By that I mean all the pages explaining everything, which are usually as best as they can get.

:)

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 3:46 PM
Haha! And so it begins again....

NoDice
17th September 2010, 3:46 PM
I will have my game in a few hours... So Serebii, I was wondering if you could post locations for Pokemon as youre going through... since that is data we are currently missing and it would be really helpful to us importers (X

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 3:47 PM
Serebii, can you give more images of how cities and routes are look like? I hope we can see Karakusa soon, the guy who played the game has not shown something from this town.

s2daam
17th September 2010, 3:51 PM
Can't wait for this :D, by the way, will you be ripping the sprites and such from the game?

BladedInferno
17th September 2010, 3:54 PM
i hope we can know what pokemon is in what version. especially the older pokemon

Steelia
17th September 2010, 3:54 PM
Hooray for town maps! :}D

I totally forget about those things... It'll definitely be handy to see what areas there are; this region looks absolutely massive. The whole thing's pretty circular, but everything in-between I still don't know about... Hmm. This'll be interesting.

Battra
17th September 2010, 3:55 PM
Looking forward to see Serebii discovers.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 3:55 PM
Apparently, we get the Town Map when we enter Professor Araragi's lab. Hmm, so I guess it's going to be given pretty early on in the story. In HG/SS, it wasn't given out until Cherrygrove City. Things are looking to be faster in Black and White then.

M.A
17th September 2010, 3:57 PM
Awesome. Will you post pictures Serebii?

cranberries
17th September 2010, 3:57 PM
The part I'm most interested in is at what level to the pokemon evolve, and where they are located in the games.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 3:58 PM
The part I'm most interested in is at what level to the pokemon evolve, and where they are located in the games.

Well if you're interested, we already know how Pokemon evolve (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56398506).

John's Knight
17th September 2010, 3:59 PM
I want storyline =)

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:00 PM
I want storyline =)

^THIS! :)

According to Arty2, there are 18 forms with different base stats in this game including past ones

What does that mean?

Lorde
17th September 2010, 4:01 PM
So then Professor Araragi has a Chillarmy? That's news to me! I didn't know she'd actually use her Pokemon even in a battle demonstration. She's not like the other previous professors, that's for sure. I wonder if other, once bland characters will have Pokemon of their own and will battle, too.

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:02 PM
So then Professor Araragi has a Chillarmy? That's news to me! I didn't know she'd actually use her Pokemon even in a battle demonstration. She's not like the other previous professors, that's for sure. I wonder if other, once bland characters will have Pokemon of their own and will battle, too.

Like Looker? That would be cool. Better that him just showing up and doing nothing all the time.

Achernar
17th September 2010, 4:03 PM
well, Chillarmy's evo apparently looks like Prof. Araragi

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 4:04 PM
Sweet! I'm glad serebii got his game. This is going to be a good weekend. Now we finally get some answers to these mysteries.

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:06 PM
What does he mean by totoural?

pkfan
17th September 2010, 4:06 PM
so, serebii got his hands on the game right? that would mean that the coverage begins now???

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:07 PM
Serebii, if you read this, which version are you playing?

pikasaur
With all the new pokemon revealed i wanna know which of them are fossil pokemon.

Maybe we dont get fossil's in this game. Only time will tell, once serebii gets far enough into the game.

blafie
he means the first part of the game where they teach you how to play the game.

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:08 PM
With all the new pokemon revealed i wanna know which of them are fossil pokemon.

Maybe we dont get fossil's in this game. Only time will tell, once serebii gets far enough into the game.

It's the turtle and the dino-bird. They're right next to each other, part rock, and based off ancient creatures, it has to be them.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:09 PM
Sweet! The Rotom things is confirmed! I was just thinking yesterday how cool an Electric/Ice Pokemon would be, and now look! :D

pkfan

yes we do, in the dessert, I cannot remember their names but in the dessert you can chose one of 2, one is water rock, the other rock flying

Lee-san
My Mijumaru leveled up just fine at the start..

Lorde
17th September 2010, 4:11 PM
So then our Starter Pokemon doesn't level up right away? That sucks a bit, it means there might be other similar restrictions in the future areas of the games :[

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:15 PM
Thus marking Joe's 11,000th post on the forums :p

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:15 PM
It's not just serebii doing the runthrough, right? Who else is on it then? The others have been the ones with the details, while serebii gets the overview.

pikasaur
17th September 2010, 4:16 PM
yes we do, in the dessert, I cannot remember their names but in the dessert you can chose one of 2, one is water rock, the other rock flying

It's the turtle and the dino-bird. They're right next to each other, part rock, and based off ancient creatures, it has to be them.

and here i was hoping to use both of them on my team.

hope they pull a Emerald on us and let us get both fossils eventually

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 4:16 PM
Too bad he's not posting now images. I hope he will post them later, or on the site.

pkfan
17th September 2010, 4:17 PM
they might be waiting the games yet? or may be they are doing it now? well, serebii revealed the confirmation of the rotom types, that´s in depht no?

Chardan
17th September 2010, 4:23 PM
This is great news. I knew training up the Rotom for Diamond would be a good idea. Finally, a Electric/Fire type!

Inconspicuosaurus
17th September 2010, 4:24 PM
I just want to say that if "Allons-y!" is a Doctor Who reference then Serebii just got 10 times more awesome. XD

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:25 PM
I just want to say that if "Allons-y!" is a Doctor Who reference then Serebii just got 10 times more awesome. XD

I believe Serebii is indeed a Doctor Who fan if I'm not mistaken.

Gaiash
17th September 2010, 4:26 PM
Wait no auto on the running shoes? Well that sucks.

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:27 PM
What is the "abandoned land of dreams"?

PommyDragon2525
How long before info like changes in the EV system ( i heard it connected to happiness now) or what serebii thinks of the dream world system?

pikasaur
no auto on the shoes? does that mean its gonna be like the bike and be equipped to the Y button or something?

Im confused what no auto means.

s2daam
17th September 2010, 4:28 PM
I loved the auto-feature of the running shoes! Oh well... Lets hope we get pictures soon!

Exodd
The running shoes have to be set up like the bikes?

KingMinun
Yay, I loved watching this back when HGSS was released. And DR Who references makes it even better. (Makes me proud to see my country's prized program referenced to on the internet, no not england or Great Britain. I mean Wales!)

Airliner
17th September 2010, 4:29 PM
Serebii's playing a rom. That's why he doesn't level up.

StrongBad456

I think it means you'll have to hold down a button(like B) rather than being able to run automatically.

Lorde
No Auto on the Running Shoes is a bit disappointing. And apparently we cannot trade until we've obtained that C-Gear function? Well hopefully it'll be obtained pretty early on so that we can trade quickly. These games look pretty hard already.

pkfan
17th September 2010, 4:30 PM
no people, in heartgold and soulsilver you could just press the touch screen button and you would "run" automatically without the use of the b button, now you cannot automatically run, and that sucks.. but oh well..

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:30 PM

No, he means that you have to hold "B" to run, like s/r/e.

Zabi
17th September 2010, 4:32 PM
And apparently we cannot trade until we've obtained that C-Gear function? Well hopefully it'll be obtained pretty early on so that we can trade quickly. These games look pretty hard already.

Coronis said we get it after the first gym. You usually can't trade till after the first gym anyways, yeah?

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:34 PM
Coronis said we get it after the first gym. You usually can't trade till after the first gym anyways, yeah?

No, I remember trading after I got the pokedex in my pt, It was at least before the first gym. So this is a little later, But I won't complain about it.

Zabi
17th September 2010, 4:35 PM
No, I remember trading after I got the pokedex in my pt, It was at least before the first gym. So this is a little later, But I won't complain about it.

Well, we couldn't use Wifi for trading till after the first gym in D/P/Pt.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:35 PM
Serebii's playing a rom. That's why he doesn't level up.

No he isn't, he has the actual game.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 4:36 PM

No. In HG/SS you can trade right after you get the PokeDex which is before you even get to a Gym. This new Black and White rule is a tad bit disappointing but hopefully I can get over it.

Gaiash
17th September 2010, 4:36 PM
How long before info like changes in the EV system ( i heard it connected to happiness now) or what serebii thinks of the dream world system?
Yes! Someone else is interested in the Dream World. I've been trying to talk about the Dream World for ages and everyone just ignores me. The Dream World starters are the thing that I'm most curious about at the moment.

cranberries
17th September 2010, 4:37 PM

Could be right, I have 2 ds's, so I traded from D to Pt directly, so you're probally right.

Chris-kun
Between Game Trading was when you got the pokedex. Wifi trading was after the first gym in Gen IV.

They just pushed it back a tad in Gen V, not THAT big a deal.

KingMinun

Yeah but that's not the same as trading between 2 ds' in the same room. That saddens me actually. I love doing that at the start of the game. Now I have to beat the 1st gym before I can do it.

Grassmen
17th September 2010, 4:38 PM
Great that Serebii has the game. Can't wait for all this in-depth coverage :D

Shame about the running shoes though, it was one of the most convenient features of HGSS for me - my thumb would often hurt if I held 'B' too long.

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 4:39 PM
I also "have the game", and I can attest the battles are delightfully quicker now.

He "got the game" the very same moment the you-know-what became available for download. He did the same with HGSS, he even had problem with the anti-piracy thingies.

Not that I have any problem with it. He does need to start his coverage as soon as possible.

Airliner
17th September 2010, 4:40 PM
Believe me it's true. He probably just raelized it and that's why he didn't update in a while.

SBM
17th September 2010, 4:40 PM
if you choose wotter, do you get the fire monkey from the girl in the abandoned lot of dreams?

pkfan
17th September 2010, 4:43 PM
Believe me it's true. He probably just raelized it and that's why he didn't update in a while.

oh my you are true, he doesn´t update beacause of the rom problem, I just found the rom... so yes, the rom is available now... well, as long as the coverage go well it doesn´t matter, is for the sake of pokemon fans...

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 4:43 PM
if you choose wotter, do you get the fire monkey from the girl in the abandoned lot of dreams?

Yes, and you'll face the grass monkey at the Gym.

DSRGBA
17th September 2010, 4:44 PM

Grass Starter - Water Monkey
Fire Starter - Grass Monkey
Water Starter - Fire Monkey

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 4:44 PM
He "got the game" the very same moment the you-know-what became available for download. He did the same with HGSS, he even had problem with the anti-piracy thingies.

Not that I have any problem with it. He does need to start his coverage as soon as possible.

But I thought he said he had it in his hand?

Yes.

Choose Tsutarja -> fight fire monkey -> get water monkey
Choose Pokabu -> fight water monkey -> get grass monkey
Choose Mijumaru -> fight grass monkey -> get fire monkey

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 4:49 PM

Well, he did say it.

He may be playing on a flashcard ~___~

s2daam
17th September 2010, 4:53 PM
AAAH!! MINE'S JUST THROUGH THE POST!! ON it now :D The intro is cool! Its like the crowning thing first.. and its in English the first part.. just starting now!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 4:54 PM
Oh thank heavens Serebii for mentioning the box upgrade post Elite 4. So, what happens to Bel after the Elite 4? Could you check afterwords? Anyways, How is Looker?

pkfan
17th September 2010, 4:54 PM

I don´t think he would like to say: "I´m playing in a rom" when that is strictly prohibed if you do not have the game yet...

SBM
17th September 2010, 4:57 PM
thanks guys
can't wait till mine arrives

Spectral Image
17th September 2010, 4:59 PM
So I have a question. I chose the water starter. I understand how the monkey pokemon event works out (I would get the fire one). What I want to know is if anyone knows if we can also get the other two monkeys as well.

Chardan
17th September 2010, 5:00 PM
Any news on the point of the airport yet?

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 5:01 PM
So I have a question. I chose the water starter. I understand how the monkey pokemon event works out (I would get the fire one). What I want to know is if anyone knows if we can also get the other two monkeys as well.

Maybe. We don't know yet. If not, you'll just have to trade for them.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone missed it, base stats for the pre-evos are up.

Battra
17th September 2010, 5:02 PM
Interesting that the starter doesn't level until the end of the tutorial.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 5:04 PM

It's really a bit disappointing, but my guess is that it's put in place to keep you from leveling up too much before the real part of the game starts. Really annoying but there's not much we can do :/

Airliner
17th September 2010, 5:04 PM
They do level up. There is no 'no-leveling-up-tutorial'. You get exp from ALL fights even the first two against Belle and Cheren.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 5:05 PM
Only 17 routes? :/

Steelia
17th September 2010, 5:06 PM
EDIT: Oh, and if anyone missed it, base stats for the pre-evos are up.

...um
Maybe it's just me... but are some stats off? Zoroark's speed dropped from 100+ to 60. Is that right? I remember it being 60/105/60/105/60/120, not 60/105/60/105/120/60.

Zabi
17th September 2010, 5:06 PM
They do level up. There is no 'no-leveling-up-tutorial'. You get exp from ALL fights even the first two against Belle and Cheren.

Yep. It's an anti-piracy measure that you don't gain EXP. So...think what you want.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 5:07 PM
Cool, so Team Plasma created Genosect? Neat.

NDenizen
17th September 2010, 5:08 PM
I need me some more Sprites.

pkfan
17th September 2010, 5:09 PM
Only 17 routes? :/

I don´t think so, veeeeeery few... may be just gimmick just like the boxes in the game?

Chilias
17th September 2010, 5:10 PM
...um
Maybe it's just me... but are some stats off? Zoroark's speed dropped from 100+ to 60. Is that right? I remember it being 60/105/60/105/60/120, not 60/105/60/105/120/60.

They already mentioned that the stats could change when the final info had arrived.... Almost every single pokemon has changed now.. So yeah... I think you have to read all of them ;)

Very disappointed about the fire ghost type from changing 145 Sp.Atk to 145 Sp.Def .__.

s2daam
17th September 2010, 5:12 PM
Just caught my first pokemon!!! The graphics are great! Everything is great! I don't know if its because of the clock... but the game started in spring.

EDIT: Yooterri can only be caught in the first 3 routes.. just thought id say haha

fukamaru
17th September 2010, 5:15 PM
Where you got BW?

bhillybillybob
17th September 2010, 5:15 PM
I've heard that Darumakka and Hihidaruma can also be fire/psychic instead of just fire. Does anyone know about that?

s2daam
17th September 2010, 5:17 PM
Bought it from Play-Asia a few weeks back.. came through the post literally a couple of minutes ago!

freekhenstra
I've heard that Darumakka and Hihidaruma can also be fire/psychic instead of just fire. Does anyone know about that?

Hihidaruma has an alternate forme with a great Sp. Attack stat.

Chilias

Well there's no sprite of it yet BUT it's true and the fire Psychic is listed on the new pokemon list.

Daruma Mode 105 30 105 55 140 105 Not that good I think... Just a wall... Don't want walls xD

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 5:18 PM

As I understand it, Darumakka dosen't change forme, but Hihidaruma has another forme that is blue and is Fire/Psychic. We don't know if you catch them in a certain forme and they stay that way, like Shellos, or if it just changes like Castform.

PaddyCake
17th September 2010, 5:18 PM
I've heard that Darumakka and Hihidaruma can also be fire/psychic instead of just fire. Does anyone know about that?its confirmed that Hihidaruma will have a forme change

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 5:19 PM
Hihidaruma has an alternate forme with a great Sp. Attack stat.

55 is great? You don't mean SpDef?

jolteonjak
17th September 2010, 5:21 PM
They already mentioned that the stats could change when the final info had arrived.... Almost every single pokemon has changed now.. So yeah... I think you have to read all of them ;)

Very disappointed about the fire ghost type from changing 145 Sp.Atk to 145 Sp.Def .__.

Seems whoever ripped the stats got the Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed off. I, too, am upset about Fire/Ghost changing since I wanted to use it. =\

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 5:22 PM
55 is great? You don't mean SpDef?

It has ~140 SAtk, 55 Speed and 30 Attack.

Whatever Serebii has on his site is wrong.

s2daam
17th September 2010, 5:24 PM
Haha, your trainer still does its funky dance when you heal it's pokemon. Pointless post, but fun.

Satoshi 91
17th September 2010, 5:24 PM
So concerning the Global Link abilities, Game Freak will decide what abilities each Pokemon has rather than having pre-determined exclusive abilites. That's pretty cool I guess.

Ari-DeVarro
17th September 2010, 5:25 PM
Don't worry, it was an aligning error. The stats have been fixed.

What a relief; I like Shanderaa. XD

BladedInferno
is serebii playing this on American or Japanese nintendo ds.

KozunaiKururugi
I've yet to recieve my copy, it should be here on monday...

I really wish that you fought all three of the first Gym Leaders, that would be cool to have a triple battle as a gy battle.

Chilias
Seems whoever ripped the stats got the Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed off. I, too, am upset about Fire/Ghost changing since I wanted to use it. =\

AH serebii has changed Hihidaruma's stats to 140 special attack and a whopping 105 105 both defences ._.

ALSO Candle is BACK :D! 145 sp. Atk say WHAT!! Love it again >w<!

Spectral Image
The stats seem to be back to how they were originally posted.

Satoshi 91
17th September 2010, 5:26 PM
Haha, your trainer still does its funky dance when you heal it's pokemon. Pointless post, but fun.

Are you talking about how the Trainer get out their Pokeballs and hands them to the nurse? Cus I never noticed any dance before?

Lorde
17th September 2010, 5:28 PM
Why is Serebii only commenting on the stuff from later in the games? I thought he was going to post detailed information on the earlier stages of the game but for some reason, he has stopped. I wonder what the problem could be :)

And it's interesting to learn that you can really get the Liberty Ticket early on in the games. You can't use it at first, but it's there so once you get it, you have a guaranteed shot at Victini.

Ari-DeVarro
17th September 2010, 5:29 PM
The new badges look like a lot of fun~

~-Overheat-~
17th September 2010, 5:29 PM
It has ~140 SAtk, 55 Speed and 30 Attack.

Whatever Serebii has on his site is wrong.

I just checked the stats on his page, everything seems to be alright.

EDIT: Ninja'd by maybe 10 people!

Jojo-
17th September 2010, 5:31 PM
This makes me drool with excitement. Unfortunately, I am not getting the Japanese versions ( My mum says "THERE IS NO POINT FOOL, IF IT'S ALL IN JAPANESE!" ), but I really can't wait for next year. Bring on 2011! ~

Akarin
17th September 2010, 5:34 PM
This makes me drool with excitement. Unfortunately, I am not getting the Japanese versions ( My mum says "THERE IS NO POINT FOOL, IF IT'S ALL IN JAPANESE!" ), but I really can't wait for next year. Bring on 2011! ~

lol I remember when I got Diamond in Japanese, I was still learning Japanese, and my mom was like "OMG YES, GET THIS JAPANESE POKEMANS GAME!!!!11 IMPROV YOUR SKILLZ!111 <3 <3 <3 i loev you!!11"

shileno
17th September 2010, 5:37 PM
LOL Serebii saying you don't get exp until the tutorial ends..

I thought he had the real cart? xd

Jojo-
17th September 2010, 5:37 PM
I wish my mummy was like that. v.v

Laszdy
17th September 2010, 5:41 PM
You arre all such a lucky *******s.You can play the game I have to wait till 2011.I dont understand Japanese so i'll have to wait

Battra
17th September 2010, 5:43 PM
Those Badges look pretty Kickass.

Lucario At Service
17th September 2010, 5:45 PM
Can anyone tell me the part which tells about the pokemons nature,
http://i55.*******.com/2evrgv5.png

Lee-san
17th September 2010, 5:48 PM
The biker has our favorite Dark type croc on his back..crazy awesome!

darkjigglypuff
17th September 2010, 5:48 PM
I like how you can't get EXP. It's a great Anti-piracy measure.

Ari-DeVarro
17th September 2010, 5:50 PM
@Lucario At Service: It's the first piece highlighted in blue, just above "2010". ADAMANT.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 5:51 PM

If you look at the 4th gen Pokemon games, you'll know where it matches.

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 5:52 PM
I'm happy that there are some good cities in the snow mountains in the right side of the region.
It's great that Plasma has pokemon that related to them. Hope for more to come.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 5:58 PM
Omg those new trainer sprites are really amazing. They look like Generation 4's stuff but that's still really cool since they keep that simplistic edge. I noticed one looks like Makomo though. I guess she'll battle you at some point in the story then?

Chris-kun
17th September 2010, 6:01 PM
Cheren is in the trainers school btw. He battles you.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 6:02 PM
@Lucario At Service: It's the first piece highlighted in blue, just above "2010". ADAMANT.

Speaking of natures, could someone clarify how natures (trainer card) affect the trainer now? Please and thank you!

Clay Psyduck
17th September 2010, 6:03 PM
And it's interesting to learn that you can really get the Liberty Ticket early on in the games. You can't use it at first, but it's there so once you get it, you have a guaranteed shot at Victini.

Not that weird. In HG/SS, you can trade for Pikachu-Colored Pichu and Arceus mad early, and get Spiky Eared Pichu and one of the dragons as soon as you get to Ilex Forest/Ruins of Alph respectively.

In fact, my girlfriend used Dialga almost the entire game.

Isis-sama
17th September 2010, 6:06 PM
Does anybody know when and how you can get Aaken or its evolution yet? And if they do, please post it here? Thank you very much.

For that matter, it would be nice if someone could post at what routes and locations (generally, anyway) and at what point in the game the rest of the new pokemon can be obtained.

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 6:08 PM

The very first blue word. Ijippari, it reads. Adamant.

Scarlet Spyder
17th September 2010, 6:08 PM
When does the tutorial end and you're able to gain exp ?

pkmnhippy
17th September 2010, 6:12 PM

Never, for there isn't one.

It's anti piracy.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:13 PM
Never, for there isn't one.

It's anti piracy.

Really now? So then we should be able to gain experience from our battles against Belle and Cheren then? I'm glad to hear it since it will mean we can still stay on top before we head out to Route 1 and the first towns in Isshu. I would have hated having to do extra training to make up for the experience we didn't earn before.

StrongBad456
17th September 2010, 6:13 PM

I'm pretty sure you can gain exp from the beginning as long as you're playing an actual copy of the game. The ones that can't gain exp are the roms. It's an anti-piracy thing.

megruko
17th September 2010, 6:14 PM
is mamanbou an evolution of luvdisc?

pkmnhippy
17th September 2010, 6:14 PM
Really now? So then we should be able to gain experience from our battles against Belle and Cheren then? I'm glad to hear it since it will mean we can still stay on top before we end head out to Route 1.

Yep, you can.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:15 PM

It has already been confirmed that the two species of Pokemon are NOT related. Sorry.

pikasaur
17th September 2010, 6:15 PM

No, there are no evolutions of previous pokemon this generation

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 6:18 PM
Wulava you're awesome! So is there any confirmation of Belle actually becoming champion? It just seems random that when you re-challenge the league that Adeku is there.

Lorde
Yay! Wulava posted the VS sprites for the Isshu characters! The old man from the final Gym looks like Professor Rowan at close range and it looks like that Elite Four character, the one that people think could be Caitlin, does bear a strong resemblance to her. All of the others are pretty tight too, glad we got them all so fast. We just need the Pokemon Sprites in high quality :3

SharpedoSteve
Wooo Vs Banners!!

Endless
17th September 2010, 6:22 PM
Is that all the VS sprites?
So is N really the leader of Plasma or does that other green haired guy rank up from admin to leader, or is the evil leader a gym leader/E4?

pikasaur
17th September 2010, 6:23 PM
looking at the VS Banners, i am further convinced N and the Plasma leader are related

maybe N is his Son.

Jigglypaul
17th September 2010, 6:24 PM
Cor I like the one with the red hair!! Looks like he's choking himself though!

That man with the white beard is scary!

Daimona
17th September 2010, 6:24 PM
lol the dark E4 guy looks like Wolverine :P

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:25 PM
looking at the VS Banners, i am further convinced N and the Plasma leader are related

maybe N is his Son.

I thought it was already confirmed that N and Geechisu were related. Unless I'm mistaken? I thought I had heard about it somewhere yesterday.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 6:25 PM
Hey, the moves:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11628016&postcount=27387

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 6:27 PM
Is that all the VS sprites?
So is N really the leader of Plasma or does that other green haired guy rank up from admin to leader, or is the evil leader a gym leader/E4?

I hope its not all.
Maybe they'll reveal also more Plasma commanders, or something...

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 6:27 PM
Cor I like the one with the red hair!! Looks like he's choking himself though!

That man with the white beard is scary!

someone elsewhere pinpointed out he looks a lot like the Cipher Admin in Colosseum.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:29 PM
I hope its not all.
Maybe they'll reveal also more Plasma commanders, or something...

It is ALL the VS banner sprites sadly. They were all ripped from the games directly so there aren't anymore otherwise they'd have found them by now. I like them all I'm just a little bit disappointed that we only have a few.

I also heard that there is only 17 Routes. That's just a little too small a number.

R_N
17th September 2010, 6:35 PM
So the Subway leader doesn't get a VS banner? Shame. Unless he's not a unique character, I guess.

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 6:38 PM
So the Subway leader doesn't get a VS banner? Shame. Unless he's not a unique character, I guess.

Yes, too bad. It was important but probably not enough.
I hope Serebii will put on the site some images soon, it'd be great to see that.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2010, 6:40 PM
No Cynthia Vs. Banner either...

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:41 PM
Yes, too bad. It was important but probably not enough.
I hope Serebii will put on the site some images soon, it'd be great to see that.

Serebii appears to be having some difficulties with his game at the moment, so if he's going to post images, the only ones we actually have are the ones for the Isshu VS banners and some for the Isshu Pokemon trainers that Wulava posted for us to see. Don't expect anything too big on the first day :s

PommyDragon2525
17th September 2010, 6:41 PM
ok, 3rd column, 4th row. Beard Jaw.

lol.

Gaiash
17th September 2010, 6:43 PM
You forget Red didn't get one in HGSS and that was the big battle.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 6:47 PM
Blaziken with Speed Boost?!

O_O

JJDalts
17th September 2010, 6:48 PM
ok, 3rd column, 4th row. Beard Jaw.

lol.

inorite?

Seriously, is it growing upwards or something?

Kael Sabel
17th September 2010, 6:50 PM
Everyone seeing all these new abilities?!?!

They even gave out Drought to Ninetales. Wasn't expecting that.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 6:52 PM
They gave the Ant Traunt? WTF?

In other news, my beloved Kokoromori gets Simple. I've overjoyed :D

D*N
17th September 2010, 6:52 PM
can somebody give me a link to evolution levels? thank you.

Kyogre Master
17th September 2010, 6:53 PM
You don't actually level up at the start of the game. Starter remains at Level 5 til the end of the tutorial bit
To grow in experience, one must first be honorable. :p

Lorde
17th September 2010, 6:53 PM
Odd new abilities from the Dream World. It looks like Game Freak just wanted an excuse to work on more Dream World features so that every old Pokemon now gets a new advantage in battle. I don't know much about competitive battling, but I'm sure some of these new abilities will come in handy in some form or another :p

Blazios
17th September 2010, 6:54 PM
Blaziken gets SPEED BOOST. Oh, and so does Sharpedo. Still, I finally have an excuse to use Blaziken again.

Kael Sabel
17th September 2010, 6:54 PM
Wait, there might be another stat error on here as well, unless these guys are also getting restatted, because Tyranitar's stats are off. Mainly the fact that his speed and special attack, and defense are all swapped. If Ttar is suddenly 100 Base speed, holy crap.

Hejiru
17th September 2010, 6:55 PM
can somebody give me a link to evolution levels? thank you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56398506

Razmos
17th September 2010, 6:55 PM
Vulpix/Ninetails with Drought, which is a Groudon only ability... which means Drought outside of the Uber tier. D: D: D:

Doom-Burn
17th September 2010, 6:56 PM
Wow

These Dream World abilities really are going to change a lot of pokemon

MetalFlygon08
17th September 2010, 6:56 PM
Politoad with Drizzle?

finally all the forgotton water types with swift swim can see use again!

Razmos
17th September 2010, 6:58 PM
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

Oooh, fantastic :D

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 6:58 PM
Wait does Iron Fist power up close combat or does the move actually have to have the word punch in it? I might just rty competitive play after all. Blaziken gets speed boost and Infernape get Iron Fist.

D*N
17th September 2010, 7:00 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56398506

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I've been asking for hours!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:02 PM
now this will really change the metagame. Thanks Serebii! So basically, we can get every Pokemon from past generation in the Dream World? Nice.

So the Pokemon in the dream world are the basic stages right? Not fully evolved ones (except the Eevee evolutions) ? got a little hyped there.

Er, wait, can we actually catch fully evolved Pokemon now due to their catch rate? 0__o

Steelia
17th September 2010, 7:07 PM
Wait, there might be another stat error on here as well, unless these guys are also getting restatted, because Tyranitar's stats are off. Mainly the fact that his speed and special attack, and defense are all swapped. If Ttar is suddenly 100 Base speed, holy crap.

Yeah, they were off for the 5th Gen Pkmn for a little while, too; will likely be fixed up later, though. We already know their stats, not like it's anything important. :P

Pamizard
17th September 2010, 7:07 PM
lol all the pokemon get a change in ability. This will be so much fun if there is a PBR sequel

Mr.Munchlax
17th September 2010, 7:08 PM
So does anyone know where you catch the Dream World Pokemon, or what the other version exclusives are?

Blazios
17th September 2010, 7:08 PM
Wait does Iron Fist power up close combat or does the move actually have to have the word punch in it? I might just rty competitive play after all. Blaziken gets speed boost and Infernape get Iron Fist.

It powers up all moves with the word Punch in them, as well as Meteor Mash (it was called Comet Punch in Japanese) but not Sucker Punch (it was called Sneak Attack in Japanese).

Basically, Infernape gets boosts to Fire Punch, Thunderpunch and Mach Punch.

EDIT: Hi Jump Kick is now 130 Power and Blaziken now learns it :).

MetalFlygon08
17th September 2010, 7:09 PM
http://www.iaza.com/work/100918C/start82388.png

becuase I love you guys.

freekhenstra
17th September 2010, 7:09 PM
now this will really change the metagame. Thanks Serebii! So basically, we can get every Pokemon from past generation in the Dream World? Nice.

So the Pokemon in the dream world are the basic stages right? Not fully evolved ones (except the Eevee evolutions) ? got a little hyped there.

Not all Pokémon are on the list.
Couldn't find Slaking and Regigigas on there.
Maybe they're in the Dream World, but just don't have new abilities.
I don't think it'll be easy to befriend (rare) Pokémon in the Dream World, maybe if you're further into Black/White, rarer Pokémon will appear!

Bull
17th September 2010, 7:10 PM

I was wondering the same when I saw the base stats for the pokes in dream world. I assume its a typo from the stat table (I think I read somewhere that serebii corrected that) because Mewtwo's stats are swapped. Are the base stats correct for the page where all the new poke's appear (the page done yesterday with the sprites)? Thanks.

Ally
17th September 2010, 7:11 PM
so we have E4 of Ghost, Dark, Psychic and Fighting? That's a good mix...but why do they only have 4 pokemon each?! I really wanted it to be challenging...and belle as the champion...that's largely underwhelming at least she steps down and someone new comes in...

and I'm a bit annoyied with some pokemon, some I think look awful but hey each to their own...and are the evoultion levels true? cause that means there are some awfully high evolution levels: Lv. 54 for Wargle?!

overall though it still looks better then last gen...

OvidiuHiei
17th September 2010, 7:11 PM
People who are playing on DESMUME can&#180;t win any exp?

at the end of tutorial,what do you mean at the end of tutorial?

i'm playing on DESMUME so it's a ROM...i can't earn any EXP?

Kael Sabel
17th September 2010, 7:12 PM
It is awesome what new life it seems will be given to the older guys. And, how is Solar Power on Charizard? *originally, I think it was rumored to be Flame Body* I know it wouldn't like the extra damage, but if Sunny Day's up, probably by Ninetales, and it's blasting off Stabbed, Sunny Day Boosted Fire Blasts, which recieve ANOTHER boost from the Sun? That could be devestating.

OvidiuHiei
17th September 2010, 7:13 PM
People who are playing on DESMUME can´t win any exp?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:15 PM
Not all Pokémon are on the list.
Couldn't find Slaking and Regigigas on there.
Maybe they're in the Dream World, but just don't have new abilities.
I don't think it'll be easy to befriend (rare) Pokémon in the Dream World, maybe if you're further into Black/White, rarer Pokémon will appear!

didn't they say we could use the Dream World without the game? I remember hearing something about that. But wow, Speed Boost Blaziken?! Lightening Rod Seaking! Oh wow, Game Freak.

Chris-kun
17th September 2010, 7:15 PM
People who are playing on DESMUME can´t win any exp?

Rom talk is prohibited on this forum

(and that's an anti-piracy measure on the Rom, not in the actual game)

D*N
17th September 2010, 7:22 PM
lol at goldeen with lighting rod!

PaddyCake
17th September 2010, 7:23 PM
ah man Magnezone doesnt get Levitate in dream world :(

Clay Psyduck
17th September 2010, 7:25 PM
Man, all the new abilities are crazy.

Serebii appears to be having some difficulties with his game at the moment, so if he's going to post images, the only ones we actually have are the ones for the Isshu VS banners and some for the Isshu Pokemon trainers that Wulava posted for us to see. Don't expect anything too big on the first day :s

If by "having some difficulties", you mean "is stuck because there is an anti-piracy measure so that Pokemon don't level up", then yes. That would be a difficulty.

It's not that I care that he's playing a ROM. It's obvious and always is every gen.

But when you say "I have the game in my hands", realize that a USB isn't a legit copy.

Kael Sabel
17th September 2010, 7:29 PM
lol at goldeen with lighting rod!

Well, we know it has an added feature of boosting special attack when hit with an electric move. I guess the question is does this mean it negates damage, like flash fire or motor drive. If it does, then it's kind of great they have it, there goes a weakness.

J1ra1ch1
17th September 2010, 7:29 PM
The Dream world's Pokémon character design are from PkCenter (Famous by the Oval-head Pikachu)

Grassmen
17th September 2010, 7:30 PM
Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoed!?!

Two of my favourite Pokemon get some of the best abilities in the game! WOOOOO!
Now give Girafarig something good!

R_N
17th September 2010, 7:31 PM
Someone tell Serebii he mixed the base stat listings on the Dream World. Speed is not Special Defense and Special Defense is not speed!

PaddyCake
17th September 2010, 7:35 PM
Tabunne can be both male and female. o_O

Mario with Lasers
17th September 2010, 7:35 PM
Shadow Tag Gochiruzeru and Shandoraa.

Drizzle Politoed and Drought Ninetales.

Outrage+Swords Dance Ononokusu.

**** this game, seriously.

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 7:37 PM

LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.

PommyDragon2525
17th September 2010, 7:37 PM
inorite?

Seriously, is it growing upwards or something?

his cross eyed expression makes me think he's as surprised about his jaw as we are.

oh btw, Technician Breloom is a scary thought.

Sphyxius
17th September 2010, 7:38 PM
Does anyone know what Hihidaruma's Daruma mode is all about? cause it gets some pretty wicked stats from it, and a retyping... but i haven't heard anything else about it, just stumbled upon it in the new pokedex pages... any guesses?

raz1337
17th September 2010, 7:39 PM
LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.

At least stuff is getting diverse, hopefully. I hope this brings a complete revamp to the metagame.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 7:39 PM
Dratini family> Marvel Scale > Facade .....huehuehue...

OH god yes, Lanturn with Water Absorb?!

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2010, 7:40 PM
Apparently when it goes under half-HP...a Limit Break, basically.

Razmos
17th September 2010, 7:42 PM
It has a limit break?

*Fangasm*

R_N
17th September 2010, 7:45 PM

Oh man.
Could you imagine if these showed up in the Battle Subway? And people had no clue about the Dream World abilities?

Konoko_Hasano
17th September 2010, 7:52 PM
Gochiruzeru is both male and female?

Ha ha, I was hoping for that. XD

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 7:53 PM
I'm posting these so we can pass time. I like how the queen jellyfish looks. I might get the male though.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1348/bwbagb.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwbagb.jpg)
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9982/bwbagg.jpg (http://img834.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwbagg.jpg)
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3543/shinyhooh.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shinyhooh.jpg)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6209/queenjellyfish.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=queenjellyfish.jpg)
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3316/rotomw.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotomw.jpg)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8991/bwe3.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwe3.jpg)

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 7:54 PM
Lightingrod with a Pikachu now that sounds cool. And Jolteon got quick feet. o.o Now that would be a good thing.

Bull
17th September 2010, 7:56 PM
Does anyone know of a place where we can see a sprite or a picture of Meloia Step Forme (serebii added the base stat differences in the 5th gen poke list)?

Wordy
17th September 2010, 8:01 PM
That has to be Caitlin. It's impossible for it not to be.

Is anybody else a teeny bit ****** that the E4 and the Champion only have 4 Pok&#233;mon, and the E4 levels are apparently all the same? Kind of a bummer. Also, poor old Shikimi, only getting five in her rematch team.

But Bel=Champion=Awesome. And her variables are therefore the monkey and the starter.

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 8:05 PM
They get way stronger the E4 that is. Like to the 70's. So that just means that you have to work twice as hard to prepare for a rematch.

Razmos
17th September 2010, 8:06 PM
Team Plasma steals the head of the dragon fossil, Arty of Hiun Gym visits, and together with Aloe, Cheren and Belle, you go after Team Plasma in teams
Wow.

Epic ;)
I had a feeling the Gym leaders would be important characters this time around that have some effect on the plot and aren't just a gym.

Especially Aloe, she rules with an iron spoon.

Kael Sabel
17th September 2010, 8:06 PM
- Team Plasma steals the head of the dragon fossil, Arty of Hiun Gym visits, and together with Aloe, Cheren and Belle, you go after Team Plasma in teams
- head to the Yaguruma Forest to find Team Plasma

Wow, seriously? We get to chase down Team Plasma after that, AND the Gym Leaders really are doing things outside of the gym? That's awesome.

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 8:08 PM
That is so awsome. X3 And Looker makes his return to the games. *hugs Chillarmy* Yay for being mostly female.

pkfan
17th September 2010, 8:10 PM
does somebody knows if those abilities from the dream world are the only available, or a pokemon can get as much abilities as game freak want?

totodile_man
17th September 2010, 8:23 PM
wait....can you catch event pokemon in the dream world??

Ash-kid
17th September 2010, 8:27 PM
So when Coronis/Serebii will reach to Hiun City/Raimon City? I'm excited to know what those cities have to offer. Until now, I'm pleased, Belle, TP, and N.

StrongBad456
17th September 2010, 8:28 PM
Are Serebii or Coronis or whoever going to list the answers to the questions in the first 2 gyms?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 8:29 PM
wait....can you catch event pokemon in the dream world??

it's limited timed only I'm afriad; however I do see a potential daily event in the future since not everyone is going to let their legends into generation V right? I predict Manaphy will be the first event Pokemon to be in the Dream World. You can vote for who to be in the Dream World on the Pokemon Global Link site if I"m correct. I apologize if not. Enjoy.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/

Razmos
17th September 2010, 8:30 PM
You don't need help with the first gym.

Seriously.

It shows fire, you choose water.
It shows water, you choose grass.
It shows grass, you choose fire.
Simples.

Chimchar15
17th September 2010, 8:32 PM

Seriously.

Simples.

Oh ok so if fire shows up I choose ??? right?

cranberries
17th September 2010, 8:32 PM

Seriously.

Simples.

Or you pick a wrong answer to face the weak gym trainer for experience/money. I of course would go with my choice.

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 8:33 PM
Like with Fantina's gym in Diamond and Pearl.

StrongBad456

Seriously.

Simples.

Now I'll be able to pass that gym when my copy comes next week and hopefully someone will post the info on the second gym. Thanks.

Razmos
Yeah, i'll most likely get it wrong on purpose too. Early gym trainers are always good for exp, like the trainers in Brock's gym.

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 8:34 PM
Yep good way to train weak pokemon. Thats all they are good for. lol

StrongBad456
17th September 2010, 8:44 PM
It never actually crossed my mind that if you answered wrong, you fought a trainer. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, the discoveries so far has been awesome.

Laszdy
17th September 2010, 8:46 PM
It sucks that the E4 and champion have so less pokemon nevertheless the quality difference between the E4 and the chamion haven't been so big in any previous games.I mean there are 20 levels between the strongest E4 pokemon and the strongest pokemon of the champion.

Shneak
17th September 2010, 8:50 PM
Are we going to get route/city/place pictures? I really want to see the streets of Hiun City.

Stormthefox
17th September 2010, 8:50 PM
It sucks that the E4 and champion have so less pokemon nevertheless the quality difference between the E4 and the chamion haven't been so big in any previous games.I mean there are 20 levels between the strongest E4 pokemon and the strongest pokemon of the champion.

Rematches have them up to 70's for the E4.

R_N
17th September 2010, 8:51 PM
Oh ok so if fire shows up I choose ??? right?

It's not text. It's a giant floor button.

totodile_man
17th September 2010, 8:51 PM
can we catch event pokemon in the dream world?

Shadow Eeveelution
17th September 2010, 8:52 PM
I've been waiting for quite sometimes for new discovery...

Beeblebrox
17th September 2010, 8:54 PM
I've been waiting for quite sometimes for new discovery...

Serebii's hit a brick wall; the level limiter on the ROM has stopped him in his tracks. He gets his proper copy tomorrow, so we'll get updates then.

Shadow Eeveelution
17th September 2010, 8:57 PM
...zz... tomorrow my last day online...

i think we should get lot more info from other players (non-mod)

Chris-kun
17th September 2010, 9:02 PM
Serebii will probably start again soon, 4chan fixed the rom problem >.>

shac
17th September 2010, 9:06 PM

They did?? Wow! I hope we get that soon.

steven gambee
17th September 2010, 9:06 PM
you cant trust 4chan for ROM problems, gbatemp is who you trust. roms wont be fixed for at least a few days. that being said i can wait for the american version and for my copy of black to come :D

raksha77
17th September 2010, 9:07 PM
I need new attack/ability info listed already someone needs to know what they do by know.

IcyKerpymon
17th September 2010, 9:07 PM
who will be the first to make a no level-up challenge? 8)

MetalFlygon08
17th September 2010, 9:08 PM
4 reals? (link please PM though...)

I love the idles of the overworlds, like Cheren's tapping his foot waitning for Belle, and Belle fixes her hat when she leaves her house!

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2010, 9:10 PM
What's with all the repeats?

Dento & Co and Aloe have Yorterrie, and now both Cheren and N have Choroneko. :0

Hydrohs
17th September 2010, 9:12 PM
you cant trust 4chan for ROM problems, gbatemp is who you trust. roms wont be fixed for at least a few days. that being said i can wait for the american version and for my copy of black to come :D

Why wouldn't you trust 4chan for that?

Just had a quick read through the Dream World abiities. Speed Boosting Blaziken has me quite excited.

R_N
17th September 2010, 9:14 PM
Where did you get this.

Aloe has the middle form of Yorterrie

Chris-kun
17th September 2010, 9:15 PM
They did?? Wow! I hope we get that soon.

Only by technicality.

Shneak
17th September 2010, 9:15 PM
Anybody know what starter Serebii has? Is it Mijumaru or Pokabu?

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2010, 9:17 PM
He got Boappu, and Cheren uses Tsutarja, so Mijumaru.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
17th September 2010, 9:18 PM
Wow, those gym leaders looks weird...

Shneak
17th September 2010, 9:18 PM
He got Boappu, and Cheren uses Tsutarja, so Mijumaru.

Yep. Just saw.

Lorde
17th September 2010, 9:20 PM
Wow so Cheren is battled once again at the Trainer's School. I thought he looked like a school kid but I didn't think he'd actually be in school lol. Interesting to see he'll have the Starter Pokemon that's strong against yours. So then Belle gets the one weak against yours?

B.Dragon
17th September 2010, 9:24 PM
I noticed many people have requested a link for the levels at which each Pokemon evolves. Until Serebii has its Pokedex up and running I'll keep mine that I have now updated with all the evolution methods/levels. You can find it here. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11607848&postcount=20075)

totodile_man
17th September 2010, 9:26 PM
could someone please, just answer my one burning question: does anyone know if we can catch event pokemon in the dream world like mew or celebi?

Shadow Eeveelution
17th September 2010, 9:28 PM
I think not...as they aren't in the dream list..maybe there are not available in dream world at this time

KickAsh
17th September 2010, 9:29 PM
Originally from the Black & White Discovery Thread:

Yet, the game lets you win easily. At the entrance of the Abandoned Land of Dreams, a girl will give you the monkey that has a type advantage against the Gymleader's.

So, if I pick Tsutarja, I'll end up with two Hiyappus?
Tsutarja is weak to Baoppu. So I'd battle Baoppu, which means the girl would give me a Hiyappu because:
Baoppu is weak to Hiyappu.
And after beating Baoppu I would receive ANOTHER Hiyappu because:
Hiyappu is weak to Tsutarja, and don't you receive the monkey with the type disadvantage to your starter?

totodile_man
17th September 2010, 9:32 PM
I think not...as they aren't in the dream list..maybe there are not available in dream world at this time

ok, thanks for answering...

R_N
17th September 2010, 9:33 PM
could someone please, just answer my one burning question: does anyone know if we can catch event pokemon in the dream world like mew or celebi?
Eventually. There will be a vote for the first one soon enough.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
17th September 2010, 9:33 PM
the fact they cheated to get rare codes to level up Pokemon. Another way to go around the anti-piracy method. Clever.

R_N
17th September 2010, 9:34 PM
Originally from the Black & White Discovery Thread:

So, if I pick Tsutarja, I'll end up with two Hiyappus?
Tsutarja is weak to Baoppu. So I'd battle Baoppu, which means the girl would give me a Hiyappu because:
Baoppu is weak to Hiyappu.
And after beating Baoppu I would receive ANOTHER Hiyappu because:
Hiyappu is weak to Tsutarja, and don't you receive the monkey with the type disadvantage to your starter?

What? No?
You only get one monkey, and it's the one with the advantage against Dento/Pod/Kon's monkey

you only fight one gym leader.