PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Pamizard
26th November 2010, 10:09 PM
I like all the starter names :D. At first i had to look up wat tepid meant for tepig XD but whatever its cool. Snivy... SO CUTE.. despite that im gonna be nicknaming all my Pokemon of 5th gen i like ^^

Wallaroo42
26th November 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm nicknaming my pokemon because I always nickname my pokemon, not because I don't like the names.

It seems weird to refer to someone as their species. It would be like referring too your friends as Human lol

Aurath8
26th November 2010, 10:47 PM
Warm/hot, I consider them to be the same thing really. Whether hot or warm, you still know Tepig is supposed to be a Fire-type Pokemon, which is probably the most important fact about the Pokemon. Anyway, I love how Oshawott has sort of become more popular than Snivy recently. I remember everyone going crazy for Snivy before but now it seems like Oshawott is getting the spotlight since it's English name is unique. I also like the Oshawott jokes :3

That reminds me of the days when 19/20 people were flamin' Miju when the starters were first released. Now we almost unanimously love him. The pokemon fans are truly a strange subspecies.

SasakiThePikachu
26th November 2010, 11:39 PM
That reminds me of the days when 19/20 people were flamin' Miju when the starters were first released. Now we almost unanimously love him. The pokemon fans are truly a strange subspecies.

I think a lot of people adored Miju at first glance. Aw! Cute clown face critter! And then there was one d*ckhead (because there always is), who spoke up at the very back, saying loudly, 'hey, that pokemon has male genitals on its stomach! LOL!'

And thus the hatedom began.

I'd just like to say for the record I loved Miju from the start, he was my fave new poke next to Gochi and he was gonna be my first starter, until I decided (being the wierdo who plans this kind of thing with terrifyingly neurotic accuracy) that it would be better to get Snivy and the water monkey on Black, and Miju...sorry, Osha in White, since that's where Churine is native. And I already swore to get Black first, because if I don't own a Gochi soon, my heart will die of sadness. See? Neurotic :D

And omg, Wallaroo, I love you!! I'm the only one of my friends who nicknames her pokes like pets, it gets so lonely lol. Although I started running out of awesome names by 4th gen, so for the last 2 games I've only nicknamed my teams...

tmega90
26th November 2010, 11:54 PM
I loved Oshawott from the beginning as well. He is my favorite starter of Black and White and also my favorite starter out of all the starters. He might even be my favorite Pokemon.

I nickname my Pokemon too. It is just so much fun.

Wallaroo42
27th November 2010, 12:26 AM
I never run out of names. But sometimes the pokemon I only catch for the dex and don't use end up getting extremely strange names XD

Like, the first word that pops into my head names. Go, Windex!

It helps to just name them after movie/tv/book characters though.

But for some reason I want my Snivy to be named Isaac. Random yes, especially because I'm starting with tepig XD

s2daam
27th November 2010, 12:33 AM
Oshawott was my favourite of the whole entire series. He still is. I never disliked it at all..

I will keep its english name though, i don't rename my pokemon

Mario with Lasers
27th November 2010, 1:31 AM

I still dislike it, and forever will >:|

Lorde
27th November 2010, 2:01 AM

That was back when people would post ridiculously long and complicated error analyses while trying to disprove certain information. Aww, the good old days. I still see several people who "dislike" Oshawott around here, but there aren't too many. Snivy is still pretty popular but that whole "Smugleaf" meme thing sort of ran its course and the people want something new. I think Oshawott is just what we needed (it's English name, anyway).

psycojosho
27th November 2010, 2:03 AM
Going away from the current conversation... What do you guys think that Kyurem's species/classification will be? I was thinking "Boundless Grey Pokemon" or something like that, but considering it's Japanese species name compared to Reshiram and Zekrom's Japanese species names, it doesn't seem that likely.

Phantomnazo
27th November 2010, 2:16 AM
I'm really hating people who are calling nintendo/gamefreak unoriginal for using past pokemon designs. I would really like to see them make 649 original "monsters", but not reuse any designs.

Pikacu
27th November 2010, 6:06 AM
jeez, I'm really hating people who are calling nintendo/gamefreak unoriginal for using past pokemon designs. I would really like to see them make 649 original "monsters", but not reuse any designs.

itts not the reusing of templates as such but when the pokemon are almost identical like mamanbou and luvdisc

LexSuicune
27th November 2010, 6:14 AM
Still no HQs of the Sugimori artwork?

R_N
27th November 2010, 6:32 AM
I still dislike it, and forever will >:|

I'm going to name my Oshawott Mario, my Vultina Lasers, and Rankurusu with

MY TRIBUTE TO YOUR THREE TRUE LOVES~~~~~~~~~

SasakiThePikachu
27th November 2010, 10:22 AM
I never run out of names. But sometimes the pokemon I only catch for the dex and don't use end up getting extremely strange names XD

Like, the first word that pops into my head names. Go, Windex!

It helps to just name them after movie/tv/book characters though.

But for some reason I want my Snivy to be named Isaac. Random yes, especially because I'm starting with tepig XD

Lol at Windex. And aw at Isaac ;D My starters:

Snivy: Eugenie (I'm soft resetting for a girl)
Osha: Masamune
Tepig: Enshiro

I stopped giving my pokes japanese names about 2 years ago when my crazy fangirlness died down, but I feel the last two really command those kinda names. And yeah, I know tepig's line is more chinese than japanese, but I can always shorten it to En (e.g. after Ren Tao's evil father in Shaman King)

Have I thought this through too much?! probably :D
@ Lex
I've been using Bulbapedia for the sugimori pics, but it would be nice to get a higher res at some point...

Aurath8
27th November 2010, 12:06 PM
While on the topic of nicknames:
Emboar = Ganon
Goruugo = Iron Giant
Ononokusu = Night Blade

I only ever nickname two or three of my team, and only names that really fit them. In the end I'll probably only name goruugo and Onono. I find Ganon, although funny, somewhat cheesy.

Rose Storm
27th November 2010, 12:42 PM
I don't nickname my Pokemon, simply because I can never think of a good name. When I finally do, I usually end up wanting something different a few days later, and it seems wrong to rename them for some reason.

Pikacu
27th November 2010, 12:57 PM
Ive have a similar problem but why give something a nickname when it has a perfectly good normal name

Rose Storm
27th November 2010, 1:02 PM
I'd agree with that, unless its normal name is atrocious, and usually I can deal with them, because I'm so used to calling them by their official names. I only started playing in the D/P era though, so I've never been around to see a Generation shift, meaning I could end up making a few nicknames if I don't like any English names.

Chibi_Muffin
27th November 2010, 1:20 PM
I'm used to the new names now! Still don't know what Oshawott is meant to mean though?

...Oh, are we discussing nicknames? Good, I ALWAYS name my Pokémon. Makes them unique, y'know? So here's some I've been thinking of:

Jalorda - Galileo (don't know why XD)
Musharna - Remmy
Rankurusu - Embrie
Desukan - Cleo
Shanderaa - Lumie
Erufuun - Socks
Burungel - Roland
Ononokusu - Hatchet

...Actually, I have names for all my future 5th gen Pokémon, they're just a few of them. =]

BTW, anyone here heard the new cries? They're pretty good. People keep saying that Musharna sounds scary, but I personally don't get why. Gochiruzeru sounds like a scare chord though. Janovy is a tad too feminine for my tastes. Oobemu is DEFINITELY an alien though. Morobaeru (whatever the mushroom is called) is way too high pitched. Oh, and Rankurusu sounds like bubbles! ^_^

Rose Storm
27th November 2010, 1:37 PM
Yep, I saw the video with all the cries on it. Shandera's is awesome - creepy and cool. I don't see why Musharna is scary, though; it just reminds me of something underwater for some reason.

Shubarugo's is interesting, also. Most annoying cry is most likely Ranpuraa or Gamageroge, but Ranpuraa becomes interesting after a while.

Sabonea_Masukippa
27th November 2010, 2:08 PM
Still don't know what Oshawott is meant to mean though?

The most likely etymology is probably:

Ocean (many people actually say oshan or something like that) + (possibly) shell + water + otter

Phantomnazo
27th November 2010, 3:43 PM
On the subject of nicknames...
Enbuoh- ganonpork (if it will fit)
oobemu- zaphod
shubarugo- thruster (you know, cause he pelvi- nevermind)
goruggo- heracles
abagoura- I liek (turtles)
maggyo- god

R_N
27th November 2010, 6:29 PM
The most likely etymology is probably:

Ocean (many people actually say oshan or something like that) + (possibly) shell + water + otter

Also maybe Oshawa?

nikohesus
27th November 2010, 6:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshawa

A town in Ontario, Canada that was known for its fur trade including otter fur.

Also considering Unova is based on the Western Hemisphere this is more likely.

Slowemperor
27th November 2010, 7:41 PM
Nicknames is on the buzz hem?
I started the tradition of nicknaming rather recently, I do games by themes. HGSS Greek Mythology, White will be Egyptian:
Desukan: Osiris
Jalord: Apep or Apophis
Waruvial: Sobek
Abagoora: Sheta
Denchura: Neith/Hihidaruma:Tot /Baokki:?/Shanderaa:?/Pendra:?
Rankurusu: Nut? I really don't know this one yet...

Wallaroo42
27th November 2010, 7:49 PM
Here are some nicknames I want that might not necessarily be my team:

Snivy+: Isaac, Excalibur, Smugleaf
Tepig+: The Boss, Bruce (theme here?)
Shimama+: Suzer, Bullet
Moguru+: Lancelot
Kurumiru+: Summer, Camille
Zuruggu: Brief, Dork
Maggyo: Derp Fish, Maggs, Flounderp

Too many XD Deciding shant be easy

Slowemperor
27th November 2010, 7:52 PM
I started the tradition of nicknaming rather recently, I do games by themes. HGSS Greek Mythology, White will be Egyptian:

SasakiThePikachu
27th November 2010, 8:51 PM

*MIGHTY THUMBS UP* I APPROVE, SIR!! -^____^-

In a fit of greek myth fandom, I actually went through the Olympian pantheon & most of their extended relatives back in fourth gen. My team was hera (rampardos), rhea (roserade), and amalthea (drifblim) among others. I was just considering Egyptian, but I already named one of my gerbils Ishtar, and that's the only one I really like apart from Cleo lol. Somehow a poke named Ramses is dumb even by my hilarious standards.

OMG who said Remmy? Snap, snap! I was gonna name one Remy Hadley after 13 from House :D

Christ, I need to get a life...

On the topic of cries, I love them all...except Gochi's sounds like the shower scene from psycho, and I'm sorry, but Tepig's line sounds like farting. It does. SOMEONE had to say it.

Ophie
27th November 2010, 9:02 PM
I always name my Pokémon after ordinary human names. And, of course, every since I started playing online, the names have always been punned from the Pokémon they're based on.

I haven't played online in Black/White yet (as I'm waiting for the English version), but the most recent team I have in my Diamond version, for example, consists of:
Armaldo -> Armando
Lumineon -> Ines
Swalot -> Dinah
Absol -> Abby
Persian -> Kathleen
Mesprit -> Sigmund

Rest assured; I've come up with nicknames for about half of the 5th generation Pokémon already. And I don't even need a name dictionary.

pokeman13
27th November 2010, 9:15 PM
I think Oshawatt is something like Otta(otter) and wash personally

And I think thy all th gen 5 pokemon look absolutely epic!!! Well all but one Burungeru in it's female form, it is just creepy and its cry sounds even creepier.

Also i LOVE nicknaming my pokemon but it's usually just the starters
Snivy=Leif
Hiyupuu=Aquam(Latin for water in dative case)
Turtwig=Twig
Treeko=Tricko
Chicorita=Flower
Bulbasaur=Bulby

As you can probably see I have a little thing for grass starters and I had just had a latin test when I named Aquam so it's a little strange but whatever :)

Grei
28th November 2010, 1:33 AM
I think a lot of people adored Miju at first glance. Aw! Cute clown face critter! And then there was one d*ckhead (because there always is), who spoke up at the very back, saying loudly, 'hey, that pokemon has male genitals on its stomach! LOL!'

And thus the hatedom began.

Oh no, almost everyone HATED Mijumaru, and anyone who really liked him never spoke up (save for a brave few). I remember I was one of them. I thought Mijumaru had the worst design ever. Clown? Otter? What the hell?

But now he's my favorite of the three. O.o I still don't like his English name, though. I can tolerate it, though--it's not horrible, and I'll be nicknaming mine anyway.

R_N
28th November 2010, 2:42 AM
Oshawott has always been my favorite of the three. I wish Daikeniki has a bit more going for him (maybe some more shell armor on his back?), and I also wish that Futachimaru was a better transition, but he's pretty neat, too.

^^Yoshinichi^^
28th November 2010, 2:47 AM
How anyone could hate Mijumaru after seeing this is beyond me.<3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5F_SZrflY)

R_N
28th November 2010, 2:51 AM
How anyone could hate Mijumaru after seeing this is beyond me.<3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5F_SZrflY)

If you'll excuse me I have to go take some insulin

Lorde
28th November 2010, 2:55 AM

AHHHH! That has to be the cutest thing ever! I love how the Mijumaru plush has the anime Mijumaru's voice actor doing the voice and not just some other person doing it, which wouldn't sound as cute. I loved that talking Togepi plush too. Oh, here I go again, forgetting that Mijumaru is now Oshawott. Well who cares. I saw another video a while ago showing some plush toys of the first 5th Generation Pokemon that were revealed. There was the Isshu Starters, Munna and Musharna, Mamepato, Koromori, and a few others. They didn't talk but they were still adorable and now I want to purchase some for Christmas.

Mario with Lasers
28th November 2010, 2:58 AM
Mother of God, that ****ing NOSE

^^Yoshinichi^^
28th November 2010, 3:06 AM
I've also found a talking Tsutarja plushie online, and I'm guessing there's a Pokabu, too. I found a Mijumaru for 84.99, so it's a steep price.

Walcott
28th November 2010, 3:09 AM

I already liked Mijumaru before, but now I love it even more :D I didn't like it much when it was released, but I got used to it's cuteness ^.^

Grei
28th November 2010, 3:14 AM
Mother of God, that ****ing NOSE

Isn't it adorable???

Mario with Lasers
28th November 2010, 3:32 AM
Isn't it adorable???

surely you jest

^^Yoshinichi^^
28th November 2010, 3:41 AM
surely you jest

Well, you're free to dislike Oshawott. Some of us like its big old honking shnoz, though. Call it odd if you must, but there are people out there who think Muk is cute, Pikachu is hideous etc. To each his own, as things will always be.

LexSuicune
28th November 2010, 3:52 AM
Ahhh I love that Plush! I love Miju's voice, I cannot even imagine what Oshawott's voice will be lol.

I'd love to hear Pokabu's, Satoshis' has the cutest voice ever. Poka-Poka-bu-bu!!

Mario with Lasers
28th November 2010, 3:55 AM
I know that, that's why I'm posting here. I'm as free to dislike it as you are to love it !__!

Grei
28th November 2010, 4:08 AM
I know that, that's why I'm posting here. I'm as free to dislike it as you are to love it !__!

No you're not because not conforming on a forum is bad and since most people like it you're just a lame-o who only likes the first 150 Pokemon

R_N
28th November 2010, 4:15 AM
You clearly didn't read the Terms of Service agreement

Mr. E Goods
28th November 2010, 9:47 AM
You clearly didn't read the Terms of Service agreement

um why isn't he allowed to say he dislikes the plushy?

I like the doll. Its nose is cute (but a little too big) and so is its little shell ^.^

SasakiThePikachu
28th November 2010, 10:22 AM

So that's what Daphne does with her time now that Frasier's over. Hm o.O

I WANT OOONNNE!!!

I have that talking Togepi (not THAT exact one, obviously) and a Psyduck that laughs when you hug it. Because I was a freaky little eleven year old who cared more about keeping her collectables in good condition than actually playing with them, both still work...

Chibi_Muffin
28th November 2010, 4:45 PM
*MIGHTY THUMBS UP* I APPROVE, SIR!! -^____^-

In a fit of greek myth fandom, I actually went through the Olympian pantheon & most of their extended relatives back in fourth gen. My team was hera (rampardos), rhea (roserade), and amalthea (drifblim) among others. I was just considering Egyptian, but I already named one of my gerbils Ishtar, and that's the only one I really like apart from Cleo lol. Somehow a poke named Ramses is dumb even by my hilarious standards.

OMG who said Remmy? Snap, snap! I was gonna name one Remy Hadley after 13 from House :D

That would be me and my Musharna. Remmy as in REM sleep, when you have dreams. Cleo happens to be mine as well, after Cleopatra. Guess which Pokémon that is. XD

On the subject of Mij - sorry, Oshawott (I keep forgetting), yeah, it's cute. You have the right not to like it, but don't lavish your hate on it with art and stuff, because it gets annoying quite fast.

The plush is kinda cute. I didn't listen to it, it would just make it even harder to remember OSHAWOTT. Thanks for the explanation, btw. It helps a lot.

R_N
28th November 2010, 6:18 PM
um why isn't he allowed to say he dislikes the plushy?

It was a joke

Dracoste
28th November 2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globalbattleunion.shtml

I was wondering something: Why is Chatot in the banned Pok&#233;mon list? It's not that strong,is it?

Kylesico912
28th November 2010, 10:23 PM
That makes no sense at all. If anything would be banned make it something like Tyranitar or Dragonite. Why Chatot of all things?

Ferrari94
28th November 2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globalbattleunion.shtml

I was wondering something: Why is Chatot in the banned Pokémon list? It's not that strong,is it?

yer thats weird. chatot isnt strong enough to be a banned pokemon. it could just be a mistake.
the only reason i could think of why it would be is because of its move chatter because you can say what you want for that move. some people may think its funny and to make chatot say something inappropriate, therefore not being a safe pokemon to use in global battles

R_N
28th November 2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah, chatter is most likely

de_darkrai
29th November 2010, 1:18 AM
A Q,
If we didn't captured Reshiram or Zekrom in N's Castle,we are able to catch them in Dragon Spiral's Tower right?

Lorde
29th November 2010, 1:26 AM
A Q,
If we didn't captured Reshiram or Zekrom in N's Castle,we are able to catch them in Dragon Spiral's Tower right?

Yes. Though, there are requirements. You need to have had a full party and a full box when facing Reshiram or Zekrom at N's Castle for them to appear at the Dragon Spiral Tower later. Otherwise, you'd be forced to capture them there. It seems so much easier to just capture them at N's Castle in retrospect, unless of course, you want a Shiny version of those dragons :p

Mario with Lasers
29th November 2010, 1:48 AM
Yeah, chatter is most likely

Weird, they could've just banned Chatter instead of Chatot... They did so with Free Fall, after all.

Hey, I guess I'm gonna try Free Fall Lugia/Mew on Smogon's Uber ladder lol

Varnani
29th November 2010, 2:01 AM
hm that's quite a nice plush! I'd love to have a Char one *w*
or a Snivy one lol, I bet it would kick ***!

razz

R_N
29th November 2010, 2:33 AM
Weird, they could've just banned Chatter instead of Chatot... They did so with Free Fall, after all.

Maybe it is just Chatter and the Chatot used to test it had Chatter on it?

LexSuicune
29th November 2010, 2:38 AM
hm that's quite a nice plush! I'd love to have a Char one *w*
or a Snivy one lol, I bet it would kick ***!

razz

Oh, wifey! You can hear Snivy's here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvcATdaA3No

tmega90
29th November 2010, 3:18 AM
Hopefully they make English versions of the plushies when they come out here.

^^Yoshinichi^^
29th November 2010, 3:40 AM

Why would they ban Free Fall? :S Edit: That explains it. Not being able to move while the opponent is using it? Damn, now I need a Wargle.

R_N
29th November 2010, 4:01 AM
Why would they ban Free Fall? :S

There's a bad glitch involving Gravity

de_darkrai
29th November 2010, 4:49 AM
Yes. Though, there are requirements. You need to have had a full party and a full box when facing Reshiram or Zekrom at N's Castle for them to appear at the Dragon Spiral Tower later. Otherwise, you'd be forced to capture them there. It seems so much easier to just capture them at N's Castle in retrospect, unless of course, you want a Shiny version of those dragons :p

I see,Thanks for ur reply.

And yeah,I caught the Zekrom with pokeball.^_^

Will try to catch a shiny one I guess when the US released.

Lorde
29th November 2010, 5:50 AM
Hopefully they make English versions of the plushies when they come out here.

Oh, they will release plush toys for the 5th Generation Pokemon in America. Not talking plush toys though, just cheap little mini-Pokemon plush toys that look miniscule compared to the Japanese versions. I remember how small the 4th Generation plush toys were and how expensive they could be. That talking Mijumaru plush toy from that video that's going around apparently cost about 85-100 dollars. I wouldn't mind buying one myself since I have money coming in soon, but then I'd probably have trouble getting Mijumaru to talk when I want it to or to shut up when it's singing :z

SasakiThePikachu
29th November 2010, 1:32 PM
Oh, they will release plush toys for the 5th Generation Pokemon in America. Not talking plush toys though, just cheap little mini-Pokemon plush toys that look miniscule compared to the Japanese versions. I remember how small the 4th Generation plush toys were and how expensive they could be. That talking Mijumaru plush toy from that video that's going around apparently cost about 85-100 dollars. I wouldn't mind buying one myself since I have money coming in soon, but then I'd probably have trouble getting Mijumaru to talk when I want it to or to shut up when it's singing :z

That's the problem with talking toys. It'll be Furbies all over again :S

Ah, Furbies. I remember my uncle eventually losing it with my cousin's when it wouldn't go to sleep mode. There's nothing like watching a grown man bending down and screaming hoarsely at a toy 'SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE F*CK UP!!' while it sings and rocks on its little feet. That was a fight he wasn't going to win. Lol.

But yeah, the western version of the plushies is always freakishly expensive. It's so unfair. I wish the Japanese Pokemon Centre had a website that delivered internationally :D When I saw Pokemon Sunday streamed in the run up to the BW release I was too busy drooling at all the giant merchandise they had in the background to pay any attention...

Varnani
29th November 2010, 1:47 PM

I have fallen in love! Though the Miju one started to annoy me after the 5th Mijuu XD

razz

Dracoste
29th November 2010, 2:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgcibnUQ9h4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
This one also contains Tepig.

They really are the most cutest thing ever, even Tepig with it's "Pokabu-Pokabu-Poka-bu-bu-bu".

I'm actually wondering how cute he will sound in English, Snivy and Oshawott probably will sound very cute. But Tepig, I don't know if "Tepig-Tepig-Te-pig-pig-pig" will sound as cute.

Wallaroo42
29th November 2010, 4:20 PM
I seem to imagine tepig not pronouncing the 'g' in his name when he talks and going teeeeeh-pi! Pi pi!

Or something like that. It could be cute. Oshawott will probably sound like a small child. His name seems like toddler grammer XD Or that's how I imagine it

Wallaroo42
29th November 2010, 4:21 PM
I seem to imagine tepig not pronouncing the 'g' in his name when he talks and going teeeeeh-pi! Pi pi!

Or something like that. It could be cute. Oshawott will probably sound like a small child. His name seems like toddler grammer XD Or that's how I imagine it

LexSuicune
29th November 2010, 5:07 PM
I have fallen in love! Though the Miju one started to annoy me after the 5th Mijuu XD

razz

I love Miju's voice XD sounds like a spoiled brat.

tmega90
29th November 2010, 5:16 PM
I hope that Kerudio is in the new movie so he can be the first movie event for the games. I really like him and can't wait to get him when he comes out in English!

cartert4219
29th November 2010, 5:32 PM

According to the RNG Research guys over at Smogon the game runs the same shiny check on Zekrom and Reshiram at Dragon Spiral as it does at N's Castle. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090&page=24
This means

a) It is impossible for them to be shiny at either location, or
b) It is possible at either location but cannot be
predicted/manipulated by fiddling with the ID/SID. I tend to lean towards the former but either way, eye either of those shiny dragons with a skeptical eye if they pop up in the trade thread.

Varnani
29th November 2010, 6:40 PM
Precisely that's why I don't like it XD Sounds so much like an attentionwh0r3

razz

Mario with Lasers
29th November 2010, 8:11 PM

lol shut up Oshawott I want to hear Snivy >__>

Lorde
29th November 2010, 8:54 PM
predicted/manipulated by fiddling with the ID/SID. I tend to lean towards the former but either way, eye either of those shiny dragons with a skeptical eye if they pop up in the trade thread.

I don't think I'd believe those people. The guidebook apparently states that the Zekrom and Reshiram found at Dragon Spiral Tower can be Shiny, and I doubt that detail would be added without it being tested first. Anyway, I'd never trade for a Shiny Zekrom or Reshiram anyway since those seem to be in hot demand and you can always expect hacks :s

I bet it'll sound bad in the English anime. "Osha" just sounds wrong, but "wott" would sound cute (for a while). I could totally see it's trainer giving it a command and Oshawott being like "LOLWOTT?". Teehee. I like that Mijumaru's voice makes it sound spoiled while Tsutarja's voice makes it seem smug. I guess Pokabu is the only humble Pokemon among the Isshu Starters.

R_N
30th November 2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgcibnUQ9h4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
This one also contains Tepig.

They really are the most cutest thing ever, even Tepig with it's "Pokabu-Pokabu-Poka-bu-bu-bu".

I'm actually wondering how cute he will sound in English, Snivy and Oshawott probably will sound very cute. But Tepig, I don't know if "Tepig-Tepig-Te-pig-pig-pig" will sound as cute.

Oh hey this reminds me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuzN7oy1ea0

First 5th gen parody of a song I've seen and it's pretty awesome.
One of the people doing the translation patch (aka the most worthless thing to do ever) for BW subbed it and it's great.

It's a parody of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGaQ3g8WU4&feature=related

Crystal_Power
30th November 2010, 9:43 AM

I hope it's English voice sounds spoiled too lol, it's just so adorable. ^-^
I can hear it saying "Oshaaa! n_n" hehehe!

Anyway I wonder if well get more English names for Pokemon B&W before the end of the year, well before Christmas since they'll be to busy to update the site by the holidays.

Pikacu
30th November 2010, 10:57 AM
they probably will announce more english names they are most likely going to release the names at roughly the same rate as the japanese ones

de_darkrai
30th November 2010, 11:51 AM
I don't think I'd believe those people. The guidebook apparently states that the Zekrom and Reshiram found at Dragon Spiral Tower can be Shiny, and I doubt that detail would be added without it being tested first. Anyway, I'd never trade for a Shiny Zekrom or Reshiram anyway since those seem to be in hot demand and you can always expect hacks :s

I bet it'll sound bad in the English anime. "Osha" just sounds wrong, but "wott" would sound cute (for a while). I could totally see it's trainer giving it a command and Oshawott being like "LOLWOTT?". Teehee. I like that Mijumaru's voice makes it sound spoiled while Tsutarja's voice makes it seem smug. I guess Pokabu is the only humble Pokemon among the Isshu Starters.

May I ask what's the meaning of SHINY CHECK?

Dracoste
30th November 2010, 1:57 PM
Oh hey this reminds me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuzN7oy1ea0

First 5th gen parody of a song I've seen and it's pretty awesome.
One of the people doing the translation patch (aka the most worthless thing to do ever) for BW subbed it and it's great.

It's a parody of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGaQ3g8WU4&feature=related

I think I've read about the singer of that song a couple of days ago, isn't she that holographic singer from japan that also had an concert in the US?
Technology really blows me away, it's unbelievable what they can do these days!

The parody also sounds very good and is funny, especially the part when Kumasyun used it's snot as a pointing finger.

I can't get the song out of my head! "TSU-TSU-TSU-TSUTARJA, MIJU-MIJU-MAAARU, POKA-BU-BU"! :D

R_N
30th November 2010, 6:30 PM
I think I've read about the singer of that song a couple of days ago, isn't she that holographic singer from japan that also had an concert in the US?
Technology really blows me away, it's unbelievable what they can do these days!

The parody also sounds very good and is funny, especially the part when Kumasyun used it's snot as a pointing finger.

I can't get the song out of my head! "TSU-TSU-TSU-TSUTARJA, MIJU-MIJU-MAAARU, POKA-BU-BU"! :D

Yeah, the original is sung by the vocaloid Miku. She's ridiculously popular though I think a real-life concert, in the US no less, is kind of...weird.

Ha hahaha I didn't even notice Kumasyun

RoninOtterai
30th November 2010, 7:16 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_chu/5213691639/

official pokecenter Tokyo merchandise. It shows daikenki wielding a large sword that was a part of its foreleg armor. It is also bipedal. Our wishes have come true folks.

Dracoste
30th November 2010, 7:19 PM

official pokecenter Tokyo merchandise. It shows daikenki wielding a large sword that was a part of its foreleg armor. It is also bipedal. Our wishes have come true folks.

*A*, wow...just...wow, never though that Daikenki was THAT awesome! And that sword, didn't saw that one coming. Also Jalorda looks more awesome in it.

R_N
30th November 2010, 7:29 PM
Cooooool

I hope that future Daikenki sprites give him a pose like that

Aurath8
30th November 2010, 7:47 PM
I beleive someone predicted that Daikenki's foreeg armor indeed held a sword...
Either, way, bipedal Daikenki is awesome as well as it's sword.
Of course this could be a misjudged perspective, it seems to be standing on three legs, it also looks as if its is bending down too though.
Likin' Emboar, his beard of epicness has been growing bigger since the sprite. Sugomori made it slightly bigger. Dream world got a bit reckless but now he relly needs to trim that down with Boiling Water. XD

RoninOtterai
30th November 2010, 8:15 PM
Of course this could be a misjudged perspective, it seems to be standing on three legs, it also looks as if its is bending down too though.
Likin' Emboar, his beard of epicness has been growing bigger since the sprite. Sugomori made it slightly bigger. Dream world got a bit reckless but now he relly needs to trim that down with Boiling Water. XD

i thought the same thing about being on three legs but then i thought it wouldn't make sense. How would he fight like that? Maybe thats why his speed stat is so low lol.

i think i may have been the one insisting that bipedal is how he fights because of his pokedex entry. i remember i big debate about this in an anime spoilers topic involving ash's mijumaru evolving

Lorde
30th November 2010, 8:17 PM

Daikenki wielding a sword is just so awesome. I didn't think it fought with an actual sword, since I always sort of assumed it used that shell on it's head to slash through it's opponents. Anyway, there were tons of new Pokemon merchandise on display in those photos. I loved the sleeping Darumakka keychain since it looks so cute, the Tsutarja and Jalorda plush toys, and the tin cookie container featuring tons of Generation 5 Pokemon. I wish I could get some of those things now.

Dracoste
30th November 2010, 8:17 PM

Daikenki is indeed bending over and he is standing on it's hind legs and left arm: ready to charge at it's foe with it's sword.

Weaver_8
30th November 2010, 8:18 PM
At first I had no idea Daikenki could actually wield par of its armor as a sword. For some reason it seems to make it even more awesome! Still I wonder if he is bipedal or not. The picture makes it look like he can but I am not too sure. I think this is he second generation I liked the water started best. First one was the 2nd gen.

Will-powered Spriter
30th November 2010, 8:28 PM
I hope him pulling out his sword and taking that stance isn't too complicated for an animation in GenVs stadium/colo/BR equivalent.

Luxrayess
30th November 2010, 8:28 PM

(o).(o) .... >w< *emits fan-girl squeals in exitement* Never have I seen official artwork/merchandise of starters look so epic!

So, I guess the rows of shells on his arms have a purpose: the first one at the top is an actual sword; the second two act as the sword's sheath.

(Awesome! That means he has two swords!)

It makes more sense, too. It must be terrible for the neck to be fighting with a sword apparatus planted atop your head...

Slowemperor
30th November 2010, 8:30 PM
*A*, wow...just...wow, never though that Daikenki was THAT awesome! And that sword, didn't saw that one coming. Also Jalorda looks more awesome in it.

That picture is so awsome at so many levels...
Dakenki is now... purely awsome. Too bad his in game sprite is ugly as a rotten stomach (exageration here).
Also Jalorda's tail is like Venusaur's vine... that's nice.

RoninOtterai
30th November 2010, 8:37 PM
maybe they will redo his sprite for the third game due to fan reaction

SasakiThePikachu
30th November 2010, 8:54 PM

Oh man, that is sweet.

Yo, Jalorda, Daikenki just kicked your butt in the awesomeness stakes.

Rose Storm
30th November 2010, 9:04 PM
I still prefer Jalorda over Daikenki, but man, that is epic. There's just something about Daikenki which I find boring - it's either the Water typing or its sprite. But I'm not saying it's bad at all, it's epic.

Wallaroo42
30th November 2010, 9:27 PM
Oooh, cool. Plus points for otterville. Even daikenki's color scheme looks better in that picture XD

Actual gold and navy rather than those icky washed out colors in his sprite.

Smuglord looks like he's about to wet himself in that pic though XD

Ophie
30th November 2010, 9:34 PM
According to the RNG Research guys over at Smogon the game runs the same shiny check on Zekrom and Reshiram at Dragon Spiral as it does at N's Castle. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090&page=24
This means

Well, there's a subtle way to tell someone who hacked their game--even if it's possible, you'd be going through a whole lot of unnecessary trouble, much more than any other shiny Pokémon.

On the other hand, if it is possible that the Dragon Spiral Tower Reshiram and Zekrom can be shiny, then that's simply an invitation to some shiny hunters to go find it.

I hope him pulling out his sword and taking that stance isn't too complicated for an animation in GenVs stadium/colo/BR equivalent.

If anything, the programmers may just have him stand bipedal all the time. He may be one of those Pokémon who will sometimes choose to stand on four feet and sometimes on two, like Meowth.

In any case, they did make some pretty complicated animations for Lucario. Getting Daikenki right will be a priority, since it's a starter Pokémon and thus a relatively important one.

Ariaces
1st December 2010, 12:55 AM
Hey, just struck me. Are Gobitto and Goruugu partially based upon Haniwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haniwa)?

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st December 2010, 1:36 AM
From Nintendo Dream, via Rpgland:

The starters are designed to not look strong in their first stages for the people beginning the games for the first time.
Tepig was designed first, then Snivy, then Oshawott.
Tepig was born out of the idea to have a pig shoot fire from its nose because it would be cute.
They always spend a lot of time worrying about the water type. If they get the base animal wrong then it can look weird. Same with the grass-type, and they give the example of a dog suddenly sprouting leaves being strange.
They wanted a reptile for the grass-type this time and because they already had a lizard of sorts (Treecko), they decided on a snake. Because to make it a true snake might be a little off-putting, they gave Snivy cute arms and legs, hoping that if they gradually made it more snake-like no one would be scared of it too much. Of course Jarlorda has his arms still, behind his back, making him look all high and mighty.
Oshawott was the hardest. They decided on an otter early on, but couldn’t figure out what it would evolve into. After seeing a sea-lion show and seeing how powerful their legs were they decided to use them as a base. Daikenki’s design was finished first and then Oshawott’s, by retro-fit.
Snivy was designed to be the cool one, Tepig, the funny one and Mijumaru the serious one.
Nageki and Dageki were designed by Sugimori. He’d had the idea for a Judo Pokemon that used throwing attacks (because that was a style of Fighting Pokemon they hadn’t done before) during DP’s development, but it wasn’t used so he redid it this time and it became Nageki. Dageki was born from the need for a counterpart to Nageki and used karate as the base.
Tabunne was born from an order to design a cute Pokemon, one that could fill Chansey’s position in the games (and also the anime - Sugimori mentions being worried about the Pokemon Nurse Joy would have since Isshu was to be all new Pokemon).
Sugimori describes Chillarmy as having the position of Clefairy from RBG. Masuda asked for a Pokemon that nearly everyone would think was cute, so they asked the guy who designed Pikachu. He describes Chillaccino as not becoming much bigger but more gorgeous in evolution.
For Victini, Masuda asked for a Pokemon of good fortune. From the start he wanted something that looked like people could get power from it and had a V-shape in it’s design.
Zorua and Zoroark were being designed (he says the ‘the thing that would become Zorua and Zoroark’) just as there was talk of using a dark-type in the 13th movie and they were selected because they suited a movie well. In terms of design, he says a point to notice is that Zoroark’s mane replaces his tail.
Mamepato and Minezumi are the Pidgey and Rattata. This bit’s hard to read but: it talks about all the heart shapes used in Mamepato’s family’s designs (a play on ‘hato’ pigeon and haato ‘heart-shaped’) like Mamepato’s chest and the male Kenhorou’s mask. Because they didn’t think a pigeon just getting bigger would look very strong, Mamepato is based off a pigeon (hato), Hatohboh is based off a turtledove (Kijibato) and Kenhorou is based off of a green pheasant, or a Japanese pheasant (Kiji).
Musharna was designed after one of the designers, who hadn’t come up with anything, was asked to desgin something, so he decided on a Baku that had dream smoke coming out of its head. It was pure coincidence that there’s the ‘dream’ features in the game and when they were asked to design a ‘dream’ Pokemon they already had one. Munna was born from the need for a pre-evo for Musharna.
Emonga is designed to be the Pikachu of the gen, like Pichu, Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu before it. It is the only Pokemon who’s ‘order’ allowed it to just be cute, other Pokemon cannot just be cute and get included. They thought of giving it a second type and decided to make it flying-type because of the Flying Pikachu.
Yanappu, Baoppu and Hiyappu were designed based on the knowledge that the first gym would be grass/fire/water, that the gym would be a restaurant and the leaders would be waiters. So the designer thought ‘what if the leader’s used a Pokemon that could cook?’ A different designer did the evolutions. They gave them personalities, like the starters. This part is hard to read too, so there is more, but I can’t make it out and don’t want to guess to much.
Yabukuron was designed because they wanted to a pollution related Pokemon included, especially since there’s a big city involved in the plot, and they thought the problem of garbage was what most people would think of when they thought of pollution.
The idea for a Pokemon with a runny nose that’s turned into a icicle was an idea bought up by one of the designers for a long time and they used it this time because the design finally worked. Also, because of the animations this time, they could get the idea across easier. Sugimori says that this is a new take on the Pokemon who drip or drool, like Gloom and laughs.
Symbolar’s original design was much more striking, but Sugimori sat down with the designer and made it more Pokemon-esque, although he still thinks it’s got a lot of impact.
Dokkorar was based on an idea for a Pokemon who worked at a construction site. It’s holding a bit of timber and they did wonder if it was ok for it to do so, but then the RBG Pokemon held stuff like spring onions and spoons and they thought the animation of this would be interesting. Its legs are based on knickerbockers. Dotekkotsu is supposed to be a young, powerful warrior, while Roobushin is a slightly aged veteran.
Kaburumo is based off a bug that eats snails, but rather than have them eat each other, they thought why not trade them. They wanted Kaburumo’s evo to be slow and the realised that if they gave it Chobomaki’s shell to wear in evolution that would work.

Grei
1st December 2010, 1:51 AM

This just made my night. Daikenki having the ability to rest on it's hind legs makes me like it ten times more than I already did. Maybe it's not completely bipedal--I mean, that shell on it's head has to be really heavy (but then again, maybe it isn't).

But still. Man, Daikenki rules. I hope we see some sort of media--an animation, artwork, etc.--that shows Daikenki standing on two legs, whipping two swords around in a Roxas-like manner.

EDIT: My signature has been updated appropriately. I must spread the word!

Also, thank you for posting that, Sabonea! It's interesting to see the inspiration for all of the Pokemon. I like that, even though they made the 5th Gen Pokemon without regards to previous Pokemon, they still referenced them, like with Emonga being able to fly. I also like that they put so much effort into the Starters and ended up making a "second set" of Starters (that's not a quote) in the elemental monkey trio. Tepig appears to be the one that was easiest to design.

R_N
1st December 2010, 2:30 AM
Those insights are the Pokemon designs are great.

I love how some of them were basically "well, we did do it in Gen 1..."

Chillarmy being designed by the Pikachu guy is great

Mario with Lasers
1st December 2010, 2:35 AM

...Well, I concede defeat this time. Sorry Jalorda, but you really suck in this artwork.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st December 2010, 3:14 AM
Those insights are the Pokemon designs are great.

I love how some of them were basically "well, we did do it in Gen 1..."

Chillarmy being designed by the Pikachu guy is great

The Gen 1 clause is probably what got Vanipetti and co approved to since we've already had Pokemon that look like food but are really something else (Eggsecute)

Grei
1st December 2010, 3:39 AM
Hey, just struck me. Are Gobitto and Goruugu partially based upon Haniwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haniwa)?

(This was kind of ignored, so I wanted to bring it up again.)

I think this is the most logical explanation behind Gobitto and Goruugu's origins. Since it's a clay figure, that accounts for the Ground typing, and since it's buried with the dead, that accounts for the Ghost typing.

Suddenly, I like that line more now.

R_N
1st December 2010, 3:52 AM
(This was kind of ignored, so I wanted to bring it up again.)

I think this is the most logical explanation behind Gobitto and Goruugu's origins. Since it's a clay figure, that accounts for the Ground typing, and since it's buried with the dead, that accounts for the Ghost typing.

Suddenly, I like that line more now.

It's based off of a clay golem:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg/220px-Clay-golem.jpg

Grei
1st December 2010, 4:27 AM
It's based off of a clay golem:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg/220px-Clay-golem.jpg

Is this confirmed? I know the clay golem idea was accepted but I personally think that the Haniwa makes much more sense (and is similar enough to a clay golem anyway) as far as Gobitto's type and such.

R_N
1st December 2010, 4:33 AM
Is this confirmed? I know the clay golem idea was accepted but I personally think that the Haniwa makes much more sense (and is similar enough to a clay golem anyway) as far as Gobitto's type and such.

Their names are based around "golem", they have straps (and body structure) based on the picture I posted above, and were created by an ancient civilization to protect them. Part ground because their basically made of clay, part ghost because, well, have to animate them somehow.

Going to guess they're golems

MetalFlygon08
1st December 2010, 4:39 AM
Or mabye a fusion of both? Le Gasp!

Lorde
1st December 2010, 4:49 AM
Or mabye a fusion of both? Le Gasp!

Blasphemy! Everyone knows that only one person may ever be correct on a Pokemon forum! *sarcasm*

Seriously though, I heard that Gobitto and Goruugu were actually designed/created by some American guy named James Turner. I believe that would make Gobitto and Goruugu the first Pok&#233;mon to be designed by an American. I believe that Baruchai was designed by this James Turner character as well. It's nice to see Americans helping out, though I personally hate all three Pokemon for some reason. My heart still swells with patriotic pride though ;_;

Exodd
1st December 2010, 4:54 AM
Could be based on both, but I think Gobitto and Goruggu resemble the golem more. A clay ghost horse Pokemon could be awesome.

Daikenki's sword stance looks great. I was wondering what shape its sword would be to fit in that short shell sheath (tongue twister?). Enbuoh looks awesome too with the surrounding flames, but Jalorda kind of looks like it's trying to avoid getting burned.

Tabunne is supposed to be really cute? Still looks weird to me. I wonder what Shinbora looked like before being made "more Pokemon-esque".

R_N
1st December 2010, 5:00 AM
Blasphemy! Everyone knows that only one person may ever be correct on a Pokemon forum! *sarcasm*

:p

Seriously though, I heard that Gobitto and Goruugu were actually designed/created by some American guy named James Turner. I believe that would make Gobitto and Goruugu the first Pok&#233;mon to be designed by an American. I believe that Baruchai was designed by this James Turner character as well. It's nice to see Americans helping out, though I personally hate all three Pokemon for some reason. My heart still swells with patriotic pride though ;_;Correct. Turner designed Gobitto, Goruugu, the Vanpetti line, and Vultina (not sure if he designed both Vultures). I wish he had gone into detail about why he designed the Gos and Vultures they way he did.

I wonder who made Wargle. That must have been a fun day at the office.

Tabunne is supposed to be really cute? Still looks weird to me. I wonder what Shinbora looked like before being made "more Pokemon-esque".

Tabunne is weird to me. I think the sprite is kind of cute and I like the idea of a healing rabbit...but every other piece of art surrounding it makes it look horrible to me. I'm not sure if its the size, the proportions, movements or what, but its the first time I've vastly enjoyed the sprite more.

Luxrayess
1st December 2010, 5:52 AM
Correct. Turner designed Gobitto, Goruugu, the Vanpetti line, and Vultina (not sure if he designed both Vultures). I wish he had gone into detail about why he designed the Gos and Vultures they way he did.

I wonder who made Wargle. That must have been a fun day at the office.

Ah, so he was the one responsible for the icecream line!

And what would be more interesting than finding out who made Wargle is what Turner's reaction to it was...

koolhk
1st December 2010, 5:52 AM
Like I said on Bulbagarden Forums:
Chillarmy being the new Clefairy is definitely a shock, I thought for sure it was the new Pikachu line. I guess next generation it may have a pre-evolution?

Also I like the idea of a dog being the grass-type starter, I hope it's the grass starter for the next generation^_^

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st December 2010, 11:02 AM
Ah, so he was the one responsible for the icecream line!

And what would be more interesting than finding out who made Wargle is what Turner's reaction to it was...

Vultina and Vulchai were designed after Wargle and Washibon to be their counterparts. Turner was specifically asked to design at least the Vanipetti and Vultina lines to fill a gap in types/need.

The order for the Vanipetti line was an ice-type that emitted some sort of icy breath/wind, as the line does.

Also I like the idea of a dog being the grass-type starter, I hope it's the grass starter for the next generation^_^

Pretty sure they were talking about the grass dog as an example of idea that wouldn't work.

Endless
1st December 2010, 2:56 PM
Vultina and Vulchai were designed after Wargle and Washibon to be their counterparts. Turner was specifically asked to design at least the Vanipetti and Vultina lines to fill a gap in types/need.

The order for the Vanipetti line was an ice-type that emitted some sort of icy breath/wind, as the line does.
Pretty sure they were talking about the grass dog as an example of idea that wouldn't work.
I thought Turner only designet the Vanipetti line, the Gobitto line and Baruchai only. Not Baruchai's evolution, Barujiina. Atleast Bulbapedia says that Ken Suigimori designet Barujiina himself.

R_N
1st December 2010, 4:39 PM

Actually, the order was for a "chilling" Pokemon.

Seraphina
1st December 2010, 5:07 PM
Oh wow you guys rised in post count. Last time I wa shere you were in the 3000's snowy >.> Eh yeah My favorite out of all 5th gen regulars has got to be Shandera. Can not wait to catch its first form myself :3

Varnani
1st December 2010, 6:45 PM
IT STANDS ON 2 LEGS?! AND HAS A SWORD?!?
oh JC on a bicyle, now that's becoming badass in 0.3secs!
thanks for the info!

razz

LexSuicune
1st December 2010, 6:58 PM
I would love to hear more behind the reasoning of a Pokemon like Furiijion, that thing evaporates and solidifides.

Mario with Lasers
1st December 2010, 8:30 PM

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/552.png

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st December 2010, 10:32 PM

例えば、「氷タイプで、冷気を出すポケモンが欲しい!」とか。

'For example, [they said they] 'wanted an ice type that expels/sends out a chill/cold air.'

I thought Turner only designet the Vanipetti line, the Gobitto line and Baruchai only. Not Baruchai's evolution, Barujiina. Atleast Bulbapedia says that Ken Suigimori designet Barujiina himself.

バニプッチとゴビットの一連の進化形と、あとはバルチャイなどをデザインしました。

'I designed the Vanipetti and Gobit evolution chains and also Vulchai and so on.'

So you're technically right, although those 6 aren't the only designs he was resonsible for, just the ones he mentions by name.

A short (probably innacurate, definetly incomplete) list of the designers and their Pokemon:
Ken Sugimori: Nageki, Dageki, Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, (Tabunne by implcation).
James Turner: Vanipetti, Vanirich, Baivanilla, Gobit, Goluug, Vulchai
Atsuko Nishida (Pikachu): Chillarmy, Chillaccino, Munna, Musharna, Kaburumo + Shubarugot (idea for these two, may not be resonssible for the final design)
Oomura (who also designed most of the supporting characters): Mijumaru, (Futachimaru, by implication), Daikenki
That Korean man, whose name I forget: Pokabu, Chaobuu, Emboar
Man, who's name I can't read, but is the blue coloured one in the rpgland scans: Yanappu, Hiyappu, Baoppu

R_N
2nd December 2010, 12:17 AM
例えば、「氷タイプで、冷気を出すポケモンが欲しい!」とか。

'For example, [they said they] 'wanted an ice type that expels/sends out a chill/cold air.'

Could have sworn they just said "chilling"
oh well

Hey do you think you could put the links to the interviews in your signature? They're neat but annoying to find

A short (probably innacurate, definetly incomplete) list of the designers and their Pokemon:
Ken Sugimori: Nageki, Dageki, Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, (Tabunne by implcation).
Atsuko Nishida (Pikachu): Chillarmy, Chillaccino, Munna, Musharna, Kaburumo + Shubarugot (idea for these two, may not be resonssible for the final design)
Oomura (who also designed most of the supporting characters): Mijumaru, (Futachimaru, by implication), Daikenki
Man, who's name I can't read, but is the blue coloured one in the rpgland scans: Yanappu, Hiyappu, Baoppu
17&#37; of the new Pokemon down!

We also know one of the women on staff designed Yorterri (maybe the whole line?).
Now to play WHO'S THAT GIRL

Lorde
2nd December 2010, 12:58 AM

So then James Turner designed the ice cream Pokemon as well eh? I didn't know that. That's really interesting to me. It almost seems like James Turner created all of the Pokemon I had/have issues with. Now I know who to blame (just kidding). I just noticed that Vanipeti looks sort of like that Hiun Ice item from Hiun City's ice cream shop. I guess Vanipeti was the basis for the design of Hiun Ice. Anyway, I didn't know that Pokabu (Tepig), Chaoboo, and Enbuoh were designed by a Korean fellow either. They look really good though, compared to Turner's stuff.

R_N
2nd December 2010, 1:03 AM
Still waiting for the explanation as to why the icecreams and vultures are so bad

Closest I've gotten is drool and ugly, respectively

O Fortuna
2nd December 2010, 2:37 AM
Still waiting for the explanation as to why the icecreams and vultures are so bad

Closest I've gotten is drool and ugly, respectively

I'm still waiting to find out why Muk and Ditto have such "bad" designs.

What you perceive as a bad design will not be considered bad by all others. Don't hold your breath waiting for an explanation as to why these Pokemon do not suit your tastes.

R_N
2nd December 2010, 2:54 AM
I'm still waiting to find out why Muk and Ditto have such "bad" designs.

What you perceive as a bad design will not be considered bad by all others. Don't hold your breath waiting for an explanation as to why these Pokemon do not suit your tastes.

It's not even that people dislike them. It's that people seem so offended by them, that their very concept is so horrible, as if they don't deserve to be Pokemon.

edit: I mean just look at this

They look really good though, compared to Turner's stuff.
What is so bad about his designs? The post reads like everything he makes is horrible.

^^Yoshinichi^^
2nd December 2010, 3:07 AM
It's not even that people dislike them. It's that people seem so offended by them, that their very concept is so horrible, as if they don't deserve to be Pokemon.

edit: I mean just look at this

What is so bad about his designs? The post reads like everything he makes is horrible.

I don't find the concept of Vanipetti and company itself terrible, I just don't like the Pokemon. I don't like their design, and feel like like the ice-cream snow concept could have gone a different route. I like the whimsical nature of the family, but they just aren't my cup of tea.

There were a lot of Unova Pokemon that were remiscent of different generations. Dokkora looks like a Kanto Pokemon, while Hihidaruma looks like something I could find in Hoenn. Likewise, Yanappu reminds me of a Johto Pokemon and Symbolar of a Sinnoh Pokemon. I love the diversity of art-styles in Pokemon. It can only truly be achieved by having a wide range of Fakemon designers, and it's one of the reasons many Fakemon designers such as myself don't have designs with as much spirit. ;P

tmega90
2nd December 2010, 3:27 AM
I like the ice cream Pokemon. They are not my favorite Pokemon but they are still pretty cool. I think their design is very interesting and creative.

BLADEDGE
2nd December 2010, 3:41 AM
I know the musketeer trio (Plus 1)'s Eng. Names haven been reveald yet. But if I were a member of the naming team for the games, here's what i would name them:

Cobalon: Cobalthos
Terrakion: Terrathos
Virizion: Virimis
Keldeo: Kelagnan

What do you think?

BCVM22
2nd December 2010, 4:13 AM
What do you think?

Slight changes in spelling and/or for the sake of English pronunciation (like Serebii > Celebi) notwithstanding, they haven't changed a Legendary name since the Legendary birds.

I think we can be reasonably assured of names that bear at least significant resemblance to Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizon, Keldio and the other Legendary names for this generation. Reshiram and Zekrom have already been revealed as unchanged.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd December 2010, 4:20 AM
Slight changes in spelling and/or for the sake of English pronunciation (like Serebii > Celebi) notwithstanding, they haven't changed a Legendary name since the Legendary birds.

I think we can be reasonably assured of names that bear at least significant resemblance to Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizon, Keldio and the other Legendary names for this generation. Reshiram and Zekrom have already been revealed as unchanged.

The pixie trio were also changed to varying degrees, but the point still stands that these will likely remain their English names.

And now for something completely different, Mr. Turner has been working with GF for just over 13 months now, if memory serves me correctly. He is primarily a 3D graffic artist, and is responsible for most of the 3D cut scenes in the game. He also probably designed the Pokemon within three months of joining the staff, one under orders for a Pokemon who expresses cold air and (possibly) another as a pre-evo for an already designed Pokemon. Even so, his designs still had to be approved by the rest of the team and (presumably) Masuda before being included, and if they'd thought they were unacceptable they'd no doubt asked for a re-do.

BCVM22
2nd December 2010, 4:22 AM
Those pixies always trip me up, though Emrit > Mespirit was the only complete change.

Point stands, though, yes.

Luxrayess
2nd December 2010, 4:27 AM
So then James Turner designed the ice cream Pokemon as well eh? I didn't know that. That's really interesting to me. It almost seems like James Turner created all of the Pokemon I had/have issues with. Now I know who to blame (just kidding). I just noticed that Vanipeti looks sort of like that Hiun Ice item from Hiun City's ice cream shop. I guess Vanipeti was the basis for the design of Hiun Ice.

Now that I have thought about it, it makes sense that an American designer made Bivanilla, considering that people think it looks terrible the shape of it's smile on the back. Beady little eyes and nose coupled up with a big goofy grin... that's very much a western phenomena.

:) With that in mind... I came up with this little gag...

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/XenoraWootPicks/iscreamforjapanese.jpg

glowingninetales
2nd December 2010, 4:32 AM
hey i like your sprites. can you show me how i can make my own pokemon sprites? im new here

BLADEDGE
2nd December 2010, 4:33 AM

I slighty changed them so they sound a little like their musketear counterparts

^^Yoshinichi^^
2nd December 2010, 4:36 AM
Now that I have thought about it, it makes sense that an American designer made Bivanilla, considering that people think it looks terrible the shape of it's smile on the back. Beady little eyes and nose coupled up with a big goofy grin... that's very much a western phenomena.

:) With that in mind... I came up with this little gag...

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/XenoraWootPicks/iscreamforjapanese.jpg

That's brilliant. ;P You know, you have a point there. The classic :) smiley is a very Western thing, so the design of Bivanilla really fits with the feel of the Unova region. Also, your fanart makes Bivanilla look cuter than it actually is. I applaud you for that.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd December 2010, 4:45 AM
Those pixies always trip me up, though Emrit > Mespirit was the only complete change.

Point stands, though, yes.

Agunomu --> Azelf :P

Also, your fanart makes Bivanilla look cuter than it actually is. I applaud you for that.

Really? Because that fan-art (hilarious btw) is about as cute as Baivanilla, the way I see it.

BCVM22
2nd December 2010, 4:49 AM
Agunomu --> Azelf :P

They kept the A; not a complete change.

>_>

R_N
2nd December 2010, 5:29 AM
They kept the A; not a complete change.

>_>

I always thought it was weird they changed Agnome to Azelf
I guess Azelf is more aesthetically pleasing?

Ememew
2nd December 2010, 5:40 AM
My guess is that "Azelf" fit the trio's theme better than "Agnome" would. Both are small, mystical beings, but "elf" seems more in line with "pixy" (Uxie), and "spirit/sprite" (Mesprit), than a "gnome" would.

Just a guess, though.

On another note, it's interesting that an American was involved in the designs of some Pokemon this time around (*reignites obsessed fan-dreams of creating Pokemon*).

^^Yoshinichi^^
2nd December 2010, 5:47 AM
My guess is that "Azelf" fit the trio's theme better than "Agnome" would. Both are small, mystical beings, but "elf" seems more in line with "pixy" (Uxie), and "spirit/sprite" (Mesprit), than a "gnome" would.

Just a guess, though.

On another note, it's interesting that an American was involved in the designs of some Pokemon this time around (*reignites obsessed fan-dreams of creating Pokemon*).

There's also the fact that most people would be reminded of a garden gnome constantly. ;P And it sounds like " A gnome". But yeah, Keldeo and the rest of his crew probably won't have a name change. I think I heard on Bulbagardens that Genesect and Meloetta were confirmed domain names now for Genosect and Meloetta.

Luxrayess
2nd December 2010, 5:57 AM
There's also the fact that most people would be reminded of a garden gnome constantly. ;P And it sounds like " A gnome". But yeah, Keldeo and the rest of his crew probably won't have a name change. I think I heard on Bulbagardens that Genesect and Meloetta were confirmed domain names now for Genosect and Meloetta.

Yikes, really? A name like a garden gnome?? Had it kept that name, there would've been a ton of gags and memes involving a comparison to Azelf and the Travelocity gnome.

(Glad you liked my Bivanilla joke, by the way.)

Ophie
2nd December 2010, 8:21 AM
Oh, so Atsuko Nishida was the one who designed Pikachu? Interesting. That explains why she's done a huge amount of Pikachu cards. Does anyone know if she also designed Eevee? There's been a lot of Eevee artwork from her too.

On top of that, every Grass starter has been reptilian so far. I don't know if it's a rule they know about or not at Game Freak, but it does mean that it's a safe bet the next Grass starter will be reptilian too.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd December 2010, 8:43 AM
Oh, so Atsuko Nishida was the one who designed Pikachu? Interesting. That explains why she's done a huge amount of Pikachu cards. Does anyone know if she also designed Eevee? There's been a lot of Eevee artwork from her too.

It's possible, especially since most of the Pokemon we know she designed lean towards the cute end of the spectrum.

On top of that, every Grass starter has been reptilian so far. I don't know if it's a rule they know about or not at Game Freak, but it does mean that it's a safe bet the next Grass starter will be reptilian too.

Sugimori specifically says (slightly different to how I translated yesterday): 'Next, when we thought about the Grass-type [starter], it was said that reptiles and grass-types go together well, but we'd already had many lizard-like ones up until now so how about making it a snake this time?' So it seems like at least Sugimori has a conception that grass-starters and reptiles go together.

O Fortuna
2nd December 2010, 9:19 AM

Eight out of the fifteen starters are reptilian, so I imagine this trend won't be bucked anytime soon. Making the grass type the starter makes a lot of sense, but I'd be more interested in seeing the fire type as a reptile. We haven't had a reptilian fire starter since Charizard. Mind you, we've not had a reptilian water type since Feraligatr...

Will-powered Spriter
2nd December 2010, 1:06 PM
The trailer for the 14th movie shows Victini using what is without a doubt V-Generate, the move that nothing yet learns. No prizes for guessing how the move is going to be obtanied.

Zekrom in 3D is awesome.
Also serebii has picked the only two screenshots which don't show anything interesting.

LexSuicune
2nd December 2010, 5:20 PM
Is there a trailer out?!

Dracoste
2nd December 2010, 5:51 PM
Is there a trailer out?!

http://www.filb.de/1442

You also could find this if you clicked "Filb" on the main site

Rose Storm
2nd December 2010, 6:47 PM
http://www.filb.de/1442

You also could find this if you clicked "Filb" on the main site

Oh wow, that site gave me some much-needed German practice...

Anyway, that trailer looks amazing. I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom but Zekrom still looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for it. ^_^

Turtwig209
2nd December 2010, 7:04 PM

Really! When did you about genosect and Meloetta?

SasakiThePikachu
2nd December 2010, 7:29 PM

Just a guess, though.

I'm sure I heard that Uxi, Mesprit and Azelf were based on you, me and us.

I'd just like to say that while I'm not about to lynch Turner or send him death threats (the bloke designed Vulchai, he's cool with me), I, like quite a few others have mentioned, just happened to find that most of the pokemon I disliked about this region were designed by him. But like I said, Vulchai. So yeah. The good outweighs out the bad *shrugs*

Kylesico912
2nd December 2010, 9:51 PM
Have anyone else noticed that Yorterri's name keeps being changed on its Bulbapedia page. First it was Yorterri, now its Yorterry. I wonder why that last letter keeps being changed and before it was Yorterrie.

Lorde
2nd December 2010, 10:06 PM
Have anyone else noticed that Yorterri's name keeps being changed on its Bulbapedia page. First it was Yorterri, now its Yorterry. I wonder why that last letter keeps being changed and before it was Yorterrie.

I think it all depends on how the katakana are romanized. I've always called it Yooterii since that was one of the first ways to spell it's name in English. I don't mind it when people call it Yorterri, Yorterry, or Yorterrie though. You can still make out what the Pokemon people are talking about is, so it's no big deal. It's name is still a portmanteau of Yorkshire Terrier either way you spell it.

s2daam
2nd December 2010, 11:45 PM
Alot of the Pokemon's names have changed on Bulbapedia today Basarou, Gocherisu, Yooterri...

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd December 2010, 12:40 AM
Really! When did you about genosect and Meloetta?

genesect.com, kyurem.com, victini.com, meloetta.com, and keldio.com all lead to the same place; the website of a known registry office for Nintendo. This is good enough evidence for me that they are the official romanizations - especially since Kyurem and Victini are also registered trademarks in Japan now.

Mr. E Goods
3rd December 2010, 9:51 AM
There are so many different spellings of pokemon names now, I dont know what to call them ?_?

O Fortuna
3rd December 2010, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you're in the general area, people will know what you're talking about. Kurimugan/Krimgan/Crimgan/Crimgon have all been used and it's easy enough to tell which one it is, much like the Genosekuto/Genosect/Genesect or Baruchiina/Vulchiina/Vuljina. Besides, these names will have their English equivalents revealed in a matter of mere months and the Japanese ones will be largely forgotten here. I mean, I cannot remember the last time I saw someone post about Tsutarja, Pokabu or Mijumaru, and they were only revealed in English last week.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd December 2010, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you're in the general area, people will know what you're talking about. Kurimugan/Krimgan/Crimgan/Crimgon have all been used and it's easy enough to tell which one it is, much like the Genosekuto/Genosect/Genesect or Baruchiina/Vulchiina/Vuljina. Besides, these names will have their English equivalents revealed in a matter of mere months and the Japanese ones will be largely forgotten here. I mean, I cannot remember the last time I saw someone post about Tsutarja, Pokabu or Mijumaru, and they were only revealed in English last week.

I'm going to be the annoying person who keeps referring to pokes via their japanese name long into next year, purely because my brain doesn't adapt quickly. This is the first generation I've ever been present for the hype surrounding the japanese release, and seeing all the pokes when they come out, so learning 2 sets of names is all-new to me and quite confusing. I don't even know all the bloody japanese names yet!! Miju will be Miju for a while, even though I LOVE the name Oshawott. It'll just take some time :)

Just regarding all this awesome stuff that the lucky Japanese fans are getting via dream world and events...I assume the western release will have all of that for us too? They won't forget us? :(

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd December 2010, 12:09 PM
A list of all the new Pokemon with (possible) spelling variants/romanization differences. Official romanizations/English names are bolded.

Victini, Victiny, Bikutini
Snivy, Tsutarja, Tsutaaja, Smugleaf
Janobii, Janovii, Janovy
Jarooda, Jarorda, Jarlorda
Tepig, Pokabu, Porkabu, Piglit(e)
Chaobuu, Chaobu
Emboar, Enbuoh
Oshawott, Mijumaru, Wotter
Futachimaru
Daikenki
Minezumi
Miruhoggu, Miruhogg, Miruhog
Choroneko, Choroneco
Reopaadasu, Leopardath, Leopardas, Leopardth
Yanappu, Yanapp
Yanakkii, Yanakey, Yanakkie
Baoppu, Baopp
Baokkii, Baokey, Baokkie
Hiyappu, Hiyapp
Hiyakkii, Hiyakey, Hiyakkie
Munna
Musharna, Mushaana
Mamepato
Hatooboo, Hatohboh
Kenhorou, Kenhoro
Shimama
Zebraika, Zeburaika
Dangoro
Gantoru, Gantle
Gigaiath, Gigaiasu, Gigaias
Koromori
Kokoromori
Moguryuu, Mogurew, Moguryu
Doryuuzu, Doryuzu,
Tabunne
Dokkoraa, Dokkorar, Dokkolar
Dotekkotsu
Roobushin, Robushin, Lo(w)bushin
Otamaro
Gamagaru
Gamageroge
Nageki
Dageki
Kurumiru
Kurumayu
Hahakomori
Fushide
Hoiiga, Wheega
Pendoraa, Pendra, Pendora
Monmen
Erufuun, Elfuun, Elfun
Churine, Tuline
Doredia, Doledia
Basurao, Bassurao
Meguroko, Meguroco
Waruvile, Warubiru,
Warubiaru, Waruvial
Darumakka
Hihidaruma
Marakacchi, Maracachi, Maracatchy
Ishizumai
Iwaparasu, Iwapalace
Zuruggu, Zurug, Zurugg
Zuruzukin
Shinboraa, Symbolar, Shimbolar
Desumas, Desmas, Deathmas
Desukaan, Deskahn, Deathkahn, Deskarn, Deathkahn
Purotooga, Protorga
Abagora, Avagora, Abagoura
Aaken, Arken, Archen
Aakeosu, Arkeos, Archeos
Yabukuron
Dasutodasu, Dastdau, Dustdas
Zoroa, Zorua
Zoroaak, Zoroark
Chiraamii, Chilarmii, Chillarmy
Chillaccino, Chillachino, Chirachino
Gochimu, Gothimu
Gochimiru, Gothimiru
Gochiruzeru, Gothiruzelle, Gochiruzelle
Yuniran, Uniran
Daburan, Douburan
Rankurusu, Ranculus
Koaruhii, Koaruhie
Swanna, Suwanna
Vanipeti, Vanipucchi, Banipucchi
Vaniricchi, Vanirich, Baniricchi
Baivanilla, Baibanira, Bivanilla
Shikijika
Mebukijika
Emonga
Kaburumo, Kavulumo, Cavalmo
Shubarugo, Chevalgot, Chevalugot
Tamagetake
Morobareru
Pururiru, Pullrill,
Burungeru, Blungel, Burungeru
Mamanbou, Mamambo
Bachuru
Denchura, Dentula, Denchula
Tesshiido, Tesseed, Tesseedo
Nattorei, Nattray, Nuttray
Gear, Giaru, Geer
Gigear, Gigiaru
Gigigear, Gigigiaru
Shibishirasu, Shibishiras
Shibibiiru, Shibiveer, Shibivear Shibibeer
Shibirudon
Rigurei, Rigray
Oobemu, Orbem
Hitomoshi
Ranpuraa, Lamplar
Shandera, Chandela
Kibago
Onondo
Ononokusu, Ononokus, Ononox
Kumashun, Kumasyun
Tsunbeaa, Tsunbear
Furijio, Freezio, Freejio
Chobomaki
Agirudaa, Agirudar, Agildar
Maggyo
Kojofu
Kojondo
Kurimugan, Krimugan, Crimgan
Gobitto, Gobitt, Gobit
Goruugu, Goluug
Komatana
Kirikizan
Baffuron, Buffuron, Buffalon, Baffron
Washibon
Uooguru, Uorgle, Worgle, Wargle
Baruchai, Vulchai
Barujiina, Vuljiina, Vulzena, Vulxena, Vultina
Kuitaran
Aianto, Iront, Irant, Aiant
Monozu
Jiheddo, Jihead
Sazandora, Sazandra
Meraruba, Melarva,
Ulgamoth, Urugamosu
Kobaron, Cobalon
Terrakion, Terakion
Birijion, Virizion
Torunerosu, Torneros, Tornelos
Borutoros, Boltros, Boltolos, Voltolos
Reshiram, Reshiramu
Zekrom, Zekuromu
Randoros, Landlos, Landros
Kyurem, Kyuremu
Kerudio, Keldio
Meloetta, Meroetta
Genosekuto, Genesect

Let me know if you notice a mistake/omission

LexSuicune
3rd December 2010, 1:29 PM
I freaking LOVE the sound the generator on Zekrom's tail makes.

MetalFlygon08
3rd December 2010, 7:40 PM
I bet I know how we are going to get V-Generate Victiny, plus, it has an awsome animation.

Ophie
3rd December 2010, 9:22 PM
Just regarding all this awesome stuff that the lucky Japanese fans are getting via dream world and events...I assume the western release will have all of that for us too? They won't forget us? :(

As of late, pretty much every Pokémon event done in Japan, Nintendo of America will do too. Nintendo of Europe tries its best to keep up, though it looks like it's too disorganized to get all of the events done.

The only thing that's significantly different between Japanese Pokémon events and elsewhere is that theatrical releases become television premieres.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd December 2010, 9:39 PM
As of late, pretty much every Pokémon event done in Japan, Nintendo of America will do too. Nintendo of Europe tries its best to keep up, though it looks like it's too disorganized to get all of the events done.

The only thing that's significantly different between Japanese Pokémon events and elsewhere is that theatrical releases become television premieres.

thank goodness. I'm dying for a Victini to call my own.

God bless Wi-Fi.

Lorde
3rd December 2010, 9:40 PM
I bet I know how we are going to get V-Generate Victiny, plus, it has an awsome animation.

That Movie 14 distribution right? I hope so, considering Victini cannot learn V-Generate any other way at the moment. I guess Game Freak had things planned from the start and they didn't give Victini the move V-Generate since it was going to be given to the promotional movie Victini. What better way to promote the movie than with a Pokemon that knows a unique move? I bet the kids will love having a unique Victini. It almost makes me want a V-Generate Victini too.

R_N
3rd December 2010, 9:41 PM
Things related specifically to, like, Japan-specific things such as Pokemon Sunday/Smash or the Pokemon center tend to not be released here either. So we probably wont get Shukatan's Choroneko skin.

But the things like the eevees, the various starters and the Pokemon vote will definitely come here. The eeveeloutions will probably be down similarly, a sort of "preview" for the dream world to help promote that. The starters have all been given out with merchandise: a magazine, a tcg box, and a guide book. It's a great marketing tool to get people to buy more cards and guides, and I'm sure they'll find some equivalent magazine to hand out the Kanto starters with. I'm thinking Nintendo Power.

The vote will probably end with Arceus again, so it'll pretty much be the same, I think.

Only one I'm not sure on is Croagunk who just seemed to be handed out for no reason?

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2010, 2:57 AM
Croagunk's popular in Japan.

I have a feeling they're hyping up Zuruggu to replace him as the current "creepy tertiary mascot" though.

Mr. Joker
4th December 2010, 3:14 AM
Crogunk is huge in Japan. They had a "Pastoria Festival" in the Pokemon Centers a while back, just for Crogunk, haha.

Shneak
4th December 2010, 3:51 AM
So, is Tsunbea or whatever popular then?

Mr. Joker
4th December 2010, 4:14 AM
So, is Tsunbea or whatever popular then?

They gave it out because it would be another 2 months (back when they gave it out) before we'd get Winter.

Shneak
4th December 2010, 4:18 AM
They gave it out because it would be another 2 months (back when they gave it out) before we'd get Winter.

Oh right, I forgot about that.

Lorde
4th December 2010, 4:25 AM
Actually, it was Kumasyun who was given out via the Wi-Fi event, not Tsunbear. Kumasyun wasn't all that hard to find though, even in spring/summer/autumn. I found several of them in Spiral Mountain while I was training a couple of months ago. The Pokemon that was a nightmare to find was Furiijio. I didn't find one until yesterday when I was exploring the new areas of Spiral Mountain. Anyway, thanks to the winter season, I've been able to find tons of cool Pokemon like Mebukijika, Tsunbear, and Baniricchi. I spent some time capturing those today.

Pikacu
4th December 2010, 6:14 AM
Could some one pleqse tell me what this V-generate thing is

The Phoenix Lodge
4th December 2010, 6:29 AM
It's a move which is not currently in the moveset of any Pokémon but is obviously meant for Victini. Apparently the 14th movie Victini will have it.

Pikacu
4th December 2010, 6:36 AM
ok thank you

[aka]
5th December 2010, 4:11 AM
Looks like you guys are right. Victini's being distributed next year and will "have something special about it", as Bulbapedia (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victini_to_be_distributed_for_fourteenth_movie) puts it.
V-Generate? We'll see.

(Also: How'd this thread die? O.o *Uses Revive*)

SasakiThePikachu
5th December 2010, 2:11 PM
I don't usually like pokemon ~ anime pictures, but this one is just effing awesome. I want a hitomoshi even more now, especially one like THAT. Emo hair yay!!!
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/255/hitomoshiprettylive.jpg

Walcott
5th December 2010, 8:43 PM
I don't usually like pokemon ~ anime pictures, but this one is just effing awesome. I want a hitomoshi even more now, especially one like THAT. Emo hair yay!!!

I'm on the same boat with you in not liking the the drawings/artwork people do, but I have to say I'm impressed. I liked Hitomoshi a lot already, and thinking of a family like that is really awesome~

Lorde
5th December 2010, 8:55 PM

I love fan-art and that little Hitomoshi boy looks cute. Hitomoshi has really captured my interest lately. I even had a Hitomoshi icon a few days ago because it looked really cool. I like Hitomoshi's little wax mouth since it just looks so cute. I think Hitomoshi is my favorite Ghost-type Pokemon introduced in Generation 5. I never liked Gobitto since it looked so robotic, and Pururiru just annoys me now since it looks so fancy. At least Hitomoshi looks cute and humble.

O Fortuna
6th December 2010, 12:30 AM
Meh, all this talk about V-Generate Victini...

I just want them to release Thick Fat Swinub. :(

Walcott
6th December 2010, 1:34 AM
I love fan-art and that little Hitomoshi boy looks cute. Hitomoshi has really captured my interest lately. I even had a Hitomoshi icon a few days ago because it looked really cool. I like Hitomoshi's little wax mouth since it just looks so cute. I think Hitomoshi is my favorite Ghost-type Pokemon introduced in Generation 5. I never liked Gobitto since it looked so robotic, and Pururiru just annoys me now since it looks so fancy. At least Hitomoshi looks cute and humble.

I don't really like Gobitto much either, but I love Pururiru <3 I think it looks really cool, and with it being a Ghost-type, I always picture it floating through the air while moving like a squid would underwater, which I think is neat. I also like both forms of its evolution, they're pretty awesome too ^^

SasakiThePikachu
6th December 2010, 9:10 PM
I don't really like Gobitto much either, but I love Pururiru <3 I think it looks really cool, and with it being a Ghost-type, I always picture it floating through the air while moving like a squid would underwater, which I think is neat. I also like both forms of its evolution, they're pretty awesome too ^^

I like pururiru now, and LOVE the female form (omgz pink!, cries the fangirl in me) <3 but given that its the 5th gen tentacool, I can imagine once I own black I'm going to get real sick of it real fast.

Like before owning red, I thought rattatas were cute. Now, if I saw one in real life, I swear I'd stamp on it til it died. And then I'd scrape up the remaining purple mush and feed it to my cat.

But for now, pururiri are just beautiful pokemon, and the typing I wished for for years. So I'm going to enjoy the idea of them while I can...

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th December 2010, 9:30 PM
Pururiru aren't all that common, really. It's Basurao that make me want to cry and throw my DS about. :P

Lorde
6th December 2010, 9:47 PM

I like Pururiru's evolved form a bit more to be honest. I prefer the male Burungel over the female Burungel though. I just appreciate the blue color scheme and that great big white mustache on the male Burungel. The female Burungel has some odd lips though, so that has to count for something. Burungel is just a funny-looking Pokemon, I tell you what.

Pururiru aren't all that common, really. It's Basurao that make me want to cry and throw my DS about. :P

Oh I know how that feels. I remember Surfing around and having to encounter tons of Basurao every few seconds. Thankfully, I purchased tons of Max Repels and that made Surfing more enjoyable. I really wish there was more variety when it comes to Pokemon found by Surfing, pre-National Dex.

[aka]
6th December 2010, 10:31 PM
It doesn't help that they're so darn quick. >.<
So many times it seems like Bassrao is the only Pokémon you can find while surfing. I really hope they add some more water-variety in Grey version.

tmega90
6th December 2010, 10:31 PM
Zorua and Zoroark are now announced in English!
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/

Lorde
6th December 2010, 10:35 PM

Oh thank God, they've kept their Japanese names! I actually though that Zorua would lose its Japanese name since only Zoroark.com redirected to the Pokemon site a few weeks ago. I'm just so glad that we can keep calling them by their Japanese names. Zorua appears to be classified as the Tricky Fox Pokemon: that just sounds so cute :3

tmega90
6th December 2010, 10:42 PM
Oh thank God, they've kept their Japanese names! I actually though that Zorua would lose its Japanese name since only Zoroark.com redirected to the Pokemon site a few weeks ago. I'm just so glad that we can keep calling them by their Japanese names. Zorua appears to be classified as the Tricky Fox Pokemon: that just sounds so cute :3

Yeah I am glad they kept their names too. They are really cool. If they had changed them it wouldn't have bothered me though.

Yeah that does sound cute and Zoroark being the Illusion Fox Pokemon is cool too.

Grei
6th December 2010, 11:03 PM
Claw Sharpen = Hone Claws

Also, Zorua uses Foul Play, whatever move that is in Japanese.

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th December 2010, 11:07 PM
Not to mention 'Hone Claws' (prev. 'Claw Sharpen') and 'Foul Play' (prev. 'Trickery') and Illusion stays the same.

Lorde
6th December 2010, 11:13 PM
Also, Zorua uses Foul Play, whatever move that is in Japanese.

Foul Play is the English name for Trickery. Took me a while to figure that out, but I managed to put two and two together when I posted about it in the New Moves & Abilities thread :p

I'm sort of wondering why they changed Zorua's classification from Dark Fox Pokemon to Tricky Fox Pokemon. I don't think there's a major difference (and I like Tricky Fox a lot better), but I'm always intrigued by the translation team's thought process. Maybe they wanted to play-up the whole "foxes being viewed as tricksters" thing?

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th December 2010, 11:21 PM
I'm sort of wondering why they changed Zorua's classification from Dark Fox Pokemon to Tricky Fox Pokemon. I don't think there's a major difference (and I like Tricky Fox a lot better), but I'm always intrigued by the translation team's thought process. Maybe they wanted to play-up the whole "foxes being viewed as tricksters" thing?

Does that mean the 14th movie will become 'Victini and the Tricky Hero'? /Sarcasm

(Different words used anyway).

I reckon you're right though.

Grei
6th December 2010, 11:22 PM
Maybe they thought "Dark Fox" played more into evil than trickery (to the Western audience), which is what "Tricky Fox" insinuates?

Chill92
6th December 2010, 11:41 PM
Holy **** just saw the pic of Daienki wielding one of it's swords! It has now become my favourite out of the 3 final form starters in Unova. It seems to be be able to fight bipedal too. So it can shift like some other pokemon (Typhlosion for ex)

Chill92
6th December 2010, 11:41 PM
Holy **** just saw the pic of Daienki wielding one of it's swords! It has now become my favourite out of the 3 final form starters in Unova. It seems to be be able to fight bipedal too. So it can shift like some other pokemon (Typhlosion for ex)

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th December 2010, 12:04 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but B/W needed more Water types...

Seriously, Basurao in the rivers, Pururills in the ocean. :(

R_N
7th December 2010, 12:28 AM

Don't forget Mamanbou!

LexSuicune
7th December 2010, 2:56 AM

This.

I think they're just running out of ideas lol.

O Fortuna
7th December 2010, 3:13 AM
...you'd actually prefer to have Tentacool back?

R_N
7th December 2010, 3:14 AM
This.

I think they're just running out of ideas lol.
Yep, totally running out of ideas
*collects 150 new Pokemon*

*looks at ocean*
*reads mythology*

Crystal_Power
7th December 2010, 3:20 AM

Great they keep their original names, I hope more Pokemon are revealed on the main English site before the new year! :)

Luxrayess
7th December 2010, 4:47 AM
Not to mention 'Hone Claws' (prev. 'Claw Sharpen') and 'Foul Play' (prev. 'Trickery') and Illusion stays the same.

'Hone Claws??'http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/XenoraWootPicks/oshawottcopy.png Though I do know what 'hone' means, that sounds more weird to me as opposed to 'Claw Sharpen.' Probably because I tend to use "hone"'s other definition: to yearn after.

'Foul Play' sounds fine to me, though it's a tad more awkward than 'Trickery' in my opinion.

Yay, Illusion stays the same!

Dracoste
7th December 2010, 7:06 AM
I really like the new classifications of the two:
"Tricky Fox" sounds a lot more cuter than "Evil Fox" and "Illusion Fox" sounds a lot more awesome than "Monster Fox".
"Tricky Fox" really matches the saying "As sly as an fox".
And "Monster Fox" really sounds like Zoroark is totally evil, that's why I'm really glad they made it "Illusion Fox".

Pikacu
7th December 2010, 7:59 AM
No i liked monster fox better because it gave a better impresion of the pokemon as zoroark does sort of look like something from a childs nighmare

TsukiMirage
7th December 2010, 8:02 AM
Considering the mythology behind foxes, Tricky Fox and Illusion Fox actually fits quite well. I'm glad they were able to do that.

SasakiThePikachu
7th December 2010, 11:36 AM
They probably changed it to 'tricky' because that's how they love playing up dark types in english - more as naughty tricksters who don't fight fair than as proper 'aku' (evil). Stupid Noa censoring everything *grumbles under breath*

From the time when all the new 5th gen pokes were released, I was slightly worried that (at least pre-nat dex) water types were thin on the...er...water. Don't get me wrong - I hugely appreciate that they stayed away from a flood (sorry...) of water types, like they have in previous gens, but at the same time I think at least half a dozen basic surf-encounterables might've been nice. Just for some variety.

Anyways, I'm glad that pururiru isn't THAT common (I'd be so sad if I ended up hating it) and that Zorua and Zoroark had their names left alone.

Basurao, looks like you & me are going to be seeing way too much of each other. It's a good thing I hate you already, so there'll be no love lost there.

Ophie
7th December 2010, 12:18 PM
That's what foxes are like in mythology though--tricky, rather than outright evil--and the majority of yokai Pok&#233;mon are based off of are more tricksters and mischief-makers than outright evil.

Linkdarkside
7th December 2010, 12:33 PM
i was hoping Zorua would be renamed to Zoroa.

I hope more Pokemon are revealed on the main English site before the new year! :)probably the ones that were announced in corocoro,ect before the game release.

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th December 2010, 12:42 PM
Doesn't really matter, though they're both more or less pronounced the same.

Dracoste
7th December 2010, 2:56 PM
I think "hone" comes from "honestone", that's somthing like an whetstone.

Dr. Leggs
7th December 2010, 4:05 PM
"Honestone" isn't really a word (hone is also a noun which basically means a whetstone), but hone basically means to sharpen on a hone, which fits the name well. Even though it sounds a little awkward.

Luxrayess
7th December 2010, 4:27 PM
^, ^^

Though I do know what 'hone' means, that sounds more weird to me as opposed to 'Claw Sharpen.' Probably because I tend to use "hone"'s other definition: to yearn after.

This. I already knew 'hone' in 'Hone Claws''s context means 'to sharpen'.

Chibi_Muffin
7th December 2010, 4:43 PM
It's nice to know that Zoroark and Zorua keep their names. I'd be tempted to train one, except, 1. they're event exclusive and 2. their ability means that I won't be able to see her most of the time. =[ Is there a way to turn the ability off in a team of six, so Zoroark actually looks like what it is?

Oh, and as for the Pururiru debate, don't know how common they are since I haven't played the game yet. Getting a male though, since male Burungel look better. Giant Pringle Man moustache > weirdly placed lipstick.

Oh, and are Pururiru/Burungel based partly on squids then? If so, then YES! I really want a squid Pok&#233;mon. =]

groudonkingjoyguy
7th December 2010, 4:44 PM
funny how i think the first b/w pkmn revealed where zoroark and zorua, then the starters and last the legendaries.... here its legendaries, starters and then zoroark and zorua....yay, i want the games in english, and i really like the english names until now(well im still not alright with oshawott, tepig and snivy).

cartert4219
7th December 2010, 5:08 PM
It's nice to know that Zoroark and Zorua keep their names. I'd be tempted to train one, except, 1. they're event exclusive and 2. their ability means that I won't be able to see her most of the time. =[ Is there a way to turn the ability off in a team of six, so Zoroark actually looks like what it is?

Actually, Zorua and Zoroark are breedable. So even though you can't catch one they are still really easy to get a hold of. You can't turn off the ability but it only lasts until it is hit. So, unless you don't expect it to get hit any, you should see plenty of it. Totally with you on the 'stache>lipstick though it doesn't look squid-ish to me...

Luxrayess
7th December 2010, 5:40 PM
Actually, Zorua and Zoroark are breedable. So even though you can't catch one they are still really easy to get a hold of.

Assuming you have access to Wi-fi... (Thankfully, the Zorua line can be seen in-game.)

pichu_and_his_ukelele
7th December 2010, 5:47 PM
I like the look of boappu and boakkie!

R_N
7th December 2010, 6:35 PM
You also have two chances to get them. If you miss the legendary beast event, you can get the Celebi and get Zorua later on (or visaversa)

Luxrayess
7th December 2010, 6:42 PM
^And so, that makes three (and 1/2) ways:

-Celebi event
-Shiny Weather Beasts event
-the GTS breeders' contributions/Wi-fi trading

Lorde
7th December 2010, 8:16 PM
i was hoping Zorua would be renamed to Zoroa.

Yeah, someone on another site gave me a bit of grief about that. They claimed that Zorua was pronounced more like Zoroa and therefore, it should've been named Zoroa instead. I don't know much about that, but I don't think it really matters how the name is spelled.

-the GTS breeders' contributions/Wi-fi trading

I much rather send my own Celebi or Shiny Beast from the 4th Generation games to Black/White and try to get my own Zorua/Zoroark. I don't trust those people on the GTS or Wi-Fi at all. It might be a little more bothersome to have to go out to the events for Celebi and the Shiny Beasts, but I'd much prefer to obtain my own.

ryodragonite
7th December 2010, 8:27 PM
I much rather send my own Celebi or Shiny Beast from the 4th Generation games to Black/White and try to get my own Zorua/Zoroark. I don't trust those people on the GTS or Wi-Fi at all. It might be a little more bothersome to have to go out to the events for Celebi and the Shiny Beasts, but I'd much prefer to obtain my own.

They do do that. If not that there being hacked in some way.

I dont like the whole send celebi for Zorua and send the 3 legendary beast for zoroak crap. I like the Reily/Riolu egg stuff better. Makes everything way less complicated and people a whole lot happier.

Dracoste
7th December 2010, 8:42 PM
I don't really care if it's hacked or not, I'm going to breed it anyway, I want a Zorua/Zoroark with my ID number.
I want a Zoroark for my main team in the main story, so probably I just let one be an egg until "Grey" comes out.

ryodragonite
7th December 2010, 8:48 PM
I don't really care if it's hacked or not, I'm going to breed it anyway, I want a Zorua/Zoroark with my ID number.
I want a Zoroark for my main team in the main story, so probably I just let one be an egg until "Grey" comes out.

Thats exactly what I want and should do. Ive been trying to get a zoroak male or female but everyone want some stupid Mew or Arceus that no one has or wants to trade for a zoroak.

Luxrayess
7th December 2010, 8:55 PM
Yeah, someone on another site gave me a bit of grief about that. They claimed that Zorua was pronounced more like Zoroa and therefore, it should've been named Zoroa instead. I don't know much about that, but I don't think it really matters how the name is spelled.

A guy named Maxim on another thread was actually complaining about this as well... I never thought it was that big of a deal myself... I will raise an eyebrow if they Romanize "Emboar" to "Enbuoh" and make it the official English name. (Little chance that will happen, thankfully.)

Actually, I think the chance of getting a legit Zorua through the GTS is much higher than you'd think. Through my experiences, most of the hacked Pokes up for trade in the GTS are Lv. 100's and Legendaries, especially if shiny. As long as you're asking/looking for a Lv. 1 Zorua, I bet about 90-95% it will be legit.

There will be a 90-95% chance it will be bred, though.

Thats exactly what I want and should do. Ive been trying to get a zoroak male or female but everyone want some stupid Mew or Arceus that no one has or wants to trade for a zoroak.

I've found that asking for what you want on the GTS and waiting for it is more fruitful than looking around and seeing all of the noob offers.
Also, look for baby Lv. 1 Zorua. Breeders usually are a little smarter about what they offer.

Dracoste
7th December 2010, 9:06 PM
If your trading via Wi-Fi, is there an "any" option, or something like that? Or can you only trade if you want a specific Pok&#233;mon?
'couse when I get my hands on a Zorua/Zoroark(probably next summer), I probably breed it and just give them away over Wi-Fi without the restriction of giving me a rare kind of pok&#233;mon.

cartert4219
7th December 2010, 9:08 PM
Or post in the Black/White trade thread. It isn't that much trouble to breed one pokemon for someone even for nothing in return. I guarantee you that if you are far enough to breed someone would gladly give you a Zorua for a baby of your starter.

Gus Portual
7th December 2010, 9:14 PM
I put up legit Zoruas on GTS quite often and don't ask for Mews or anything dumb like that. At this point I don't need a complete pok&#233;dex since I can't understand it XD So keep an eye out.

Lorde
7th December 2010, 9:14 PM
How about the Black/White players who don't have Wi-Fi for whatever reason, and don't have a Wi-Fi hotspot near their residence? The whole lack of a GTS and Wi-Fi trading option would make getting Zorua/Zoroark, more difficult for them. I remember not having Wi-Fi and not being able to get the rare Pokemon via trades. I had to actually go to special Pokemon events at Toys R Us or wherever, and obtain those rare Pokemon myself. It looks like that'll be the only option for those less fortunate than us.

BCVM22
7th December 2010, 9:20 PM
How about "that's too bad, sorry"? Not every Pokémon is available to everyone, everywhere. Simple reality.

cartert4219
7th December 2010, 9:38 PM
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the games utilize wi-fi. It is unfortunate that they don't have wi-fi access but they can't blame GameFreak for anything on that account. They knew what they were buying.

nikohesus
7th December 2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/_ui/img/screenshots/en-us/zoroark-1.jpg

If anyone has noticed, the names of the Pokemon are finally in correct casing. Grammar is gooder!

Forgive me if this was already posted.

They knew what they were buying.

When I bought my first Pokemon game we lived in an area where we had Wi-Fi access. Now we don't. We're not entirely stupid, you know.

nikohesus
7th December 2010, 10:17 PM
They knew what they were buying.

When I bought my first Pokemon game we lived in an area where we had Wi-Fi access. Now we don't. We're not entirely stupid, you know.

Dracoste
7th December 2010, 10:17 PM

If anyone has noticed, the names of the Pokemon are finally in correct casing. Grammar is gooder!

wow, I didn't even notiched it, a couple of years ago the people names began to have lower casings and now the Pokémon, but what about the pokémon that you send over, I hope they change the big casings to lower casings if the pokémon aren't nicknamed.

Lorde
7th December 2010, 10:24 PM
I never thought it was that big of a deal myself... I will raise an eyebrow if they Romanize "Emboar" to "Enbuoh" and make it the official English name. (Little chance that will happen, thankfully.)

That's not so bad. Dogasu was already complaining about how the translators used the incorrect romanization of Zorua's name for the U.S. version of the games, and how he doesn't count Zorua as having kept its Japanese name as a result. I disagree with his assessment, but whatever. You know he's going to go talk about it later in some type of blog on his site, so there's no stopping him.

I love this as well. I remember commenting on this since it was posted around on some other thread I believe. Serebii claimed that the beta screenshots always have Pokemon names with that kind of capitalization, but that isn't the case. It's going to look weird when you transfer Pokemon over from the 4th Generation games to Black and White though. You'll have some Pokemon with their name in all capital letters and some with only the first letter of their names capitalized. Talk about mismatched. I hope people remember to change their Pokemon's names before transferring them over in order to avoid this issue.

All this talk of the Zorua and Zoroark screenshots is getting me all excited for Movie 13. I've watched the Japanese version but I'm still waiting for more information on the English version's release.

cartert4219
7th December 2010, 10:25 PM

Trust me, I meant no offense by what I said. Only that complaining that the games have wi-fi aspects now doesn't make much sense. I am fortunate enough to have access to wi-fi right now though I have to walk about five minutes and stand outside in 20 degree weather to get it.

Magikarp Owns
7th December 2010, 11:29 PM
Why does Game Freak still have Levitate on Rotom Fan? I realized it would be weird if one of them had a different ability than the rest, but maybe they could have given them unique abilities or something. It is literally the only COMPLETELY useless ability on a Pokemon in all of Pokemon.

Mario with Lasers
8th December 2010, 12:33 AM
Why does Game Freak still have Levitate on Rotom Fan? I realized it would be weird if one of them had a different ability than the rest, but maybe they could have given them unique abilities or something. It is literally the only COMPLETELY useless ability on a Pokemon in all of Pokemon.

Not really. Rotom-Spin is the only Flying-type pokémon to be able to Trick an Aiming Mark without losing its immunity to Ground-type moves!

**** you Game Freak.

R_N
8th December 2010, 2:16 AM
Not really. Rotom-Spin is the only Flying-type pokémon to be able to Trick an Aiming Mark without losing its immunity to Ground-type moves!

**** you Game Freak.
It was to make Frisk Magic Room Gochierizeru look better, you see

Ophie
8th December 2010, 8:31 AM
You could use Skill Swap on a partner who's weak to Ground in a double or triple battle. Put it on another Electric-type and they get instant Shibirudon status.

LexSuicune
8th December 2010, 4:20 PM
Is that the first image we've got of the english version? omg I CAN'T WAIT.

Luxrayess
8th December 2010, 4:55 PM
You could use Skill Swap on a partner who's weak to Ground in a double or triple battle. Put it on another Electric-type and they get instant Shibirudon status.

You do realize that Rotom can't learn Skill Swap, right?

Maybe Espeon with Role-Play can partner-up with Rotom-Fan in Doubles... Levitating Eeveelutions, anyone? :P

SasakiThePikachu
9th December 2010, 11:41 AM
Oh dear, are all the pokemon names going to be in lower caps now, apart from the first letter? I hope that isn't the case...as some already pointed out, that will look horridly mismatched.

However, we could still nickname them in all caps to avoid this problem, ne?

I don't know what it is, but something about that english screenshot really, strongly reminds me of third gen o.O

Mario with Lasers
9th December 2010, 12:10 PM
I don't know what it is, but something about that english screenshot really, strongly reminds me of third gen o.O

Maybe you didn't like the font? ~__~

Ophie
9th December 2010, 12:44 PM
You do realize that Rotom can't learn Skill Swap, right?

Maybe Espeon with Role-Play can partner-up with Rotom-Fan in Doubles... Levitating Eeveelutions, anyone? :P

Then what did I hear before about Rotom and the Dream World and Skill Swap? I thought I recently heard about something special you have to do, and then you get Rotom with Skill Swap. Unless that was within my own "dream world"...

R_N
9th December 2010, 5:23 PM
Then what did I hear before about Rotom and the Dream World and Skill Swap? I thought I recently heard about something special you have to do, and then you get Rotom with Skill Swap. Unless that was within my own "dream world"...
There are no Rotom in the dream world at all right now so...

Maybe you should stop going deeper

Ophie
9th December 2010, 9:48 PM
Yeah, it didn't seem quite right. Still, I remember hearing about a special Rotom with Skill Swap...maybe it was just a rumor.

R_N
9th December 2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it didn't seem quite right. Still, I remember hearing about a special Rotom with Skill Swap...maybe it was just a rumor.

Probably.

It would have been nice if Dream World Pokemon got moves they normally couldn't have learned in generation's past. I think only Nidoran F got one

MetalFlygon08
10th December 2010, 12:09 AM
What's stopping them from doing it in the future? They can do whatthey want with the DW, even Abilities extra from the 3 if they wanted.

R_N
10th December 2010, 12:25 AM
What's stopping them from doing it in the future? They can do whatthey want with the DW,
Because it seems they don't want to. Just because they can doesn't mean they will.

even Abilities extra from the 3 if they wanted.

This is one thing they absolutely can not do. The abilities are coded into the game itself, so they can only have one of the two to three abilities (4 in case of Basurao but he doesn't count right now).

MetalFlygon08
10th December 2010, 12:30 AM
If Basaro can do it hy can't others, the game doesn't crash becuase I have a Blissy with Regenerate (Purely hypothetical) if it was a pre-evo it would lose the ability upon leveling up, but it certainly isn't impossble.

or a better example, I was traded a hacked Luxio with levitate once, and pon evolving it just correcteditself to Intimidate.