PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

nikohesus
2nd January 2011, 5:29 AM
...Giopolu? What exactly is that? A random arrangement of letters?
If so, why not call the thing Qwerty?
Actually, that's a great nickname...

Pikacu
2nd January 2011, 7:22 AM
because qwerty is actually taken by the key board

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd January 2011, 7:47 AM
I imagine that someone that really did know even some of the real English names would be finding this conversation hilarious.

Put it this way, Oshawott and Darmanitan are no Buneary or Glameow.

BW202
2nd January 2011, 10:22 AM
For the Otamaro evidence I was thinkin:

Tadpulse < Vibratoad < Amphiboom? Amphiblast? Amphiquake?

I couldn't think of a decent name for the last one.

BW202
2nd January 2011, 10:23 AM
Double Post.

Dracoste
2nd January 2011, 12:55 PM
Double Post.

You don't have to say "Double Post", there is an option to delete your post.

This may be extremely late with B/W already out, but anyway, I'm sure that I read somewhere on Serebii that the protagonist's clothes changed depending on the season, but it looks like GF eventually didn't added that, did they?

RitterCat
2nd January 2011, 1:14 PM
I LOVE Tadpulse. Vibratoad is great too. Hmm, what to do for the final evo. Doofdoofrog lol

Pikacu
2nd January 2011, 1:27 PM
This may be extremely late with B/W already out, but anyway, I'm sure that I read somewhere on Serebii that the antagonist's clothes changed depending on the season, but it looks like GF eventually didn't added that, did they?

Nah Im pretty sure that, that particular 'feature' was only specuation (never actually seeing that roumor) if that was a feature than there would have been something on it, but that would have been a really cool feature to haveno matter how simple minded it may seem.

Dracoste
2nd January 2011, 1:49 PM
Nah Im pretty sure that, that particular 'feature' was only specuation (never actually seeing that roumor) if that was a feature than there would have been something on it, but that would have been a really cool feature to haveno matter how simple minded it may seem.

Before the release of B/W it said so in the Season Cycle page, but it was probably a rumour, just like when we though that Belle was the first champion.
Hopefully they add it in "Gray", just like all the cool features they didn't include in B/W.

LexSuicune
2nd January 2011, 5:19 PM
I hope they keep Deathmas name, and I hope they name Desukan, Deathris.

Death+Osiris.

lindsy95
2nd January 2011, 6:44 PM
While the name isn't bad, I have a feeling they wond use 'death' in any (english) pokemons name. :v

SasakiThePikachu
2nd January 2011, 8:04 PM

Death+Osiris.

Why Osiris? I get the egyptian link, but why Osiris in particular?

I like Deathses (Death+ Rameses) 'cause I reckon that sarcophagus looks as if it were made for a king...so desukan might actually be a dead human pharoah who lived thousands of years ago, or perhaps the ghost pokemon who took over his dead body.

There's some creepypasta for you...

On that note: happy new year everyone! lol

Grei
2nd January 2011, 8:32 PM
Oh God. I hope they change Deathmas. I hate that romanization. It sounds too much like Christmas and is a little off-putting.

In fact, I think they would change Deathmas because it sounds too much like Christmas to English viewers, and that's a really sick joke to name a Pokemon that is a mummified spirit something that sounds like "The Birth of Christ."

R_N
2nd January 2011, 8:37 PM
You know the thing with the whole adding the last part of an egyptian god to a name doesn't really work.

Deathses. Deathris.
That says nothing about the second half of the origin. It just looks like some random suffix that could be attributed to a couple of things, or just something to make Death less death...y.
Deathses in particular looks like a corruption of deaths rather than Death "sees" which..also...doesn't really work.

Dracoste
2nd January 2011, 9:00 PM
Instead of adding the name of an Egyptian god, add the name of an Egyptian Pharao, cause they are the ones that get put in a sarcophagus when they die.

Like, everytime I see the name Desukan, I have to think of the name Tutankhamun.

So, let's see...Desarkhan(De of death, sar of sarcophagus and khan from Tutankhamun)

R_N
2nd January 2011, 9:38 PM
Sarkafamun

SasakiThePikachu
3rd January 2011, 12:40 AM
You know the thing with the whole adding the last part of an egyptian god to a name doesn't really work.

Deathses. Deathris.
That says nothing about the second half of the origin. It just looks like some random suffix that could be attributed to a couple of things, or just something to make Death less death...y.
Deathses in particular looks like a corruption of deaths rather than Death "sees" which..also...doesn't really work.

Rameses (and all his descendants of the same name) were pharoahs, not gods. But I see your point.

If we were to do gods though, 'Deathra' sounds fun. Like some kind of morbid cheer :D

Lorde
3rd January 2011, 1:35 AM

Death+Osiris.

I'm sure they'll change Deathmas to something else for the English versions of the games. They have to remove the reference to "death", after all. If they're going to change Deathmas, then they'll probably change Desukan as well. I can see them keeping a reference to "coffin" when it comes to Desukan's English name though. They'll probably keep a reference to "mask" when it comes to Deathmas' English name as well.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd January 2011, 3:07 AM
Deathkahn/Deathmas will be changed, guaranteed. There's no way that NoA would approve a name that included a direct and obvious reference to the word. Think along the lines of Sarcoffin and Maspirit.

rocky505
3rd January 2011, 3:27 AM
I wouldn't like Maspirit tht is way too close to mesprit

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd January 2011, 3:33 AM
It's just an example. Don't stress. Although, I imagine there might be a few names that are similar to older names, or at least reusing some of the same words.

[aka]
3rd January 2011, 4:06 AM
Deathkahn/Deathmas will be changed, guaranteed. There's no way that NoA would approve a name that included a direct and obvious reference to the word. Think along the lines of Sarcoffin and Maspirit.
Sarcoffin sounds a bit redundant to me, but Maspirit is simple (see: obvious) enough for it to be a good possibility. ^_^

Rose Storm
3rd January 2011, 4:18 AM
The official release date in Europe turns out to be March 4th; google it. Really excited now. ^_^

Kreis
3rd January 2011, 4:19 AM
;11842608']Sarcoffin sounds a bit redundant to me, but Maspirit is simple (see: obvious) enough for it to be a good possibility. ^_^

Considering "Maspirit" is too similar to "Mesprit", I'd rule that out as a possible name.

BCVM22
3rd January 2011, 4:56 AM
The official release date in Europe turns out to be March 4th; google it. Really excited now. ^_^

Golly, the same two sources are still the same two sources that don't actually have any sources.

Come on, kids, we done this dance too many times.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd January 2011, 4:58 AM
As I said, I wouldn't be ruling out names just because they look superficially similar to other names.

rocky505
3rd January 2011, 4:58 AM
Google brings up Mew is under the truck. I'm not believing it until we get actual proof.

Kreis
3rd January 2011, 5:20 AM
As I said, I wouldn't be ruling out names just because they look superficially similar to other names.

I came back to edit my post due to my faulty thinking process. I remembered that Spheal and Seel are also similar. Not sure if there are any other examples, but looking at that example, I can certainly agree with you.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd January 2011, 5:44 AM
So...I'm bored and arguing over the EU release date is pointless so it's time for more awful English name suggestions:

Dangoro -- Pebball (pebble + ball)
Melarva -- Scaraburn (scarab + burn)
Zebraika -- Zebritz (zebra + blitz)
Swanna -- Swance (swan + dance) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-F3l2TC-dI), Swansoon (Swan + monsoon)
Hatohboh -- Doveasant (dove+pheasant)
Mamambo -- Nurfin (nurse + fin)
Gobitto -- Gholittle (ghost + golem + little)

R_N
3rd January 2011, 6:25 AM
Some of those aren't...terrible, but Nurfin implies dolphin, don't you think?

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd January 2011, 7:29 AM
No more than Carnivine reminds me of carnival. The other name I had down was Theraphish.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot the best one: Nettal (nettle + metal) for Nattorei.

League
3rd January 2011, 8:13 AM
Some of those aren't...terrible, but Nurfin implies dolphin, don't you think?No, but -phin would. Because all sorts of things do have fins.
No more than Carnivine reminds me of carnival. The other name I had down was Theraphish.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot the best one: Nettal (nettle + metal) for Nattorei.I came up with Nutroya (Nut/Royal) using Bulbagarden's sketchy origin explanation. (Nattorei is suppoedly based off two words, a one nut and a one splendour.)

Dr. Leggs
3rd January 2011, 12:54 PM
As BCVM22 said, there isn't official confirmation for a March 4th EU release until it's... well... officially confirmed.

Am I the only one who thinks 'Spiritomb' would fit better to Deathkahn than it would to Spiritomb?

Serebii
3rd January 2011, 1:46 PM
Official confirmation of any EU date is to come next week

Dracoste
3rd January 2011, 1:49 PM
As BCVM22 said, there isn't official confirmation for a March 4th EU release until it's... well... officially confirmed.

And March 4th is also a bit too early, because the US releas is March 6th, so if it was March 4th for EU it would already been revealed, which isn't the case.
The difference between the US and EU release of Platinum was one month, US was March 22nd, EU was May 22nd.
The time between the US and EU release of HGSS was shorter, 12 days, US was March 14th, EU was March 26th.
So it could be posible that the time between the US and EU release will become shorter again, and will be revealed this week...At least, that's what I hope.

EDIT: yay, it will be revealed next week!^_^...when was the US release date revealed again?

Pikacu
3rd January 2011, 1:49 PM
No the name Spiritomb suits spiritomb better because of the history of the pokemon, the rock at the base of spiritomb is just that a tomb for all the spirits that make up spiritomb

wearjo
3rd January 2011, 1:50 PM
I'm bored too...

Yooterii : Puppap = Puppy and Yap
Haderia : Faithog = Faithful and dog
Muurando : Barkredog = Bark, Generous and dog

Choroneko : Illnat = Ill natured, cat
Lepardas : Cruelat = Cruel Cat

Mogurew : Sigmole = Sand, Dig, Mole
Doryuuzu : Earthavator = Earth, Excavator

Tabunne : Normealia = Normal, Heal

Fushide : Poisipede = Poison, Centipede
Hoiiga : Pocoon = Poison, Cacoon
Pendoraa : Pegapede = Poison, Mega Centipede

Darumakka : Pyganitan = Pygmy, Orangutan

That's all i can think of right now...

Chibi_Muffin
3rd January 2011, 6:35 PM
^Good, but remember that Earthavator is too long. No name can be more than ten letters.

So the EU release date is revealed next week? I hope it's only a couple of weeks after the USA one, like with HeartGold and SoulSilver. March 16th maybe?

aggronFTW
3rd January 2011, 6:46 PM
So the EU release date is revealed next week? I hope it's only a couple of weeks after the USA one, like with HeartGold and SoulSilver. March 16th maybe?

Maybe on the 6th March, same day as US? I dont see any reason why not.

Also, I thought of some new terrible names for some of the pokemon, brace yourselves...

Baffuron- Buffro (BUFFalo and afRO)
Doredia- Femelo (FEMale, since its female only, and pomELO, which, according to bulbapedia, it draws design inspiration from.)
Bassurao- Baranha (BAss and PiRANHA)

Dracoste
3rd January 2011, 6:48 PM

Sounds reasonable, Pt was a whole month, HGSS were 12 days, so less days, and we don't have to expect the number of days get that much lower, 10 days apart sounds logical.

Maybe on the 6th March, same day as US? I dont see any reason why not.

If it was March 6th, wouldn't it already be revealed on the day it got revealed for the US. I don't really find it very logical to announce the same date &#177;2 weeks later.

MetalFlygon08
3rd January 2011, 10:04 PM
Bassuraro--Bassrow/Bassroe

or somthing similar to a snakehead (even though name implies Bass, I think it's more Snakehead, due to it's invasive, aggressive nature, it is probally the reason there is hardly any other fish in Unova, it takes over ponds, just like the snakehead)

Aurath8
3rd January 2011, 10:08 PM
And March 4th is also a bit too early, because the US releas is March 6th, so if it was March 4th for EU it would already been revealed, which isn't the case.
The difference between the US and EU release of Platinum was one month, US was March 22nd, EU was May 22nd.
The time between the US and EU release of HGSS was shorter, 12 days, US was March 14th, EU was March 26th.
So it could be posible that the time between the US and EU release will become shorter again, and will be revealed this week...At least, that's what I hope.

EDIT: yay, it will be revealed next week!^_^...when was the US release date revealed again?

I see a paradox within your post.

LexSuicune
3rd January 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking Basurao should be kept as 'Basslao' Sea Bass + Bacalao

Dracoste
3rd January 2011, 10:48 PM
I see a paradox within your post.

hehehehe...Oops^-^', I meant 2 months...wow, from 2 months to 12 days, that's really an improvement, Now I'm sure the difference will be less than 12 days(not much, but still)!

Grei
4th January 2011, 1:47 AM

This one actually is kind of good. I like it, anyway.

I like this one. But... Swanna has a good name as it is. D:

Yooterii : Puppap = Puppy and Yap
Haderia : Faithog = Faithful and dog
Muurando : Barkredog = Bark, Generous and dog

Puppap is actually good, I think. It's cute and fitting for a small puppy.
Faithog looks like it'd be pronounced like "Fate Hog" rather than "Faith-Ohg," though.

Choroneko : Illnat = Ill natured, cat
Lepardas : Cruelat = Cruel Cat

These kind of work, but Illnat sounds more like the name of a fly Pokemon.

Tabunne : Normealia = Normal, Heal

I don't see Tabunne's type being referenced in its name. It's different for other elements, like Fire or Water, because it relates to their habitats and tendencies, but the Normal-type is more of a "misc." type. A reference to Bunny in addition to Heal is more likely, in my opinion.

Fushide : Poisipede = Poison, Centipede
Hoiiga : Pocoon = Poison, Cacoon
Pendoraa : Pegapede = Poison, Mega Centipede

Poisipede sounds a little too obvious. Pocoon works, but Hoiiga struck me more as a rollie-pollie than a cocoon. Only the "-pede" in "Pegapede" translates to me, Pega just sounds like "Pegasus."

Darumakka : Pyganitan = Pygmy, Orangutan

Considering Hihidaruma kept it's Daruma reference, and considering Darumakka is just as, if not more, similar to a Daruma doll than Hihidaruma, I would think that Darumakka would keep the Daruma reference and instead switch out Orangutan with some smaller monkey reference, or something different entirely. Maybe... Darmmy (as in, Darma + Pygmy)?

EDIT: Actually, considering that Pygmy can be a derogatory word and describes either an race of African peoples or a dwarfish person/being, I don't think it'll be put into the name of a Pokemon.

Lorde
4th January 2011, 2:12 AM
Dangoro -- Pebball (pebble + ball)
Melarva -- Scaraburn (scarab + burn)
Swanna -- Swance (swan + dance) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-F3l2TC-dI), Swansoon (Swan + monsoon)
Hatohboh -- Doveasant (dove+pheasant)
Mamambo -- Nurfin (nurse + fin)
Gobitto -- Gholittle (ghost + golem + little)

I like the idea of Dangoro being Pebball in the English games. It sounds quite a bit like pebble, but Seel sounds just like seal, so that probably won't be a major issue. Your idea of Zeburaika being Zebritz is pretty clever there, and I love it. Mamanbou being Nurfin sounds good too (though the "fin" part of the name makes me think of a shark haha). Personally, I'd prefer it if Mamanbou kept a reference to the word "mama" in the English games.

Nettal sounds simple enough. I didn't even know what a nettle was until I researched it online, but it's a cool idea for Nattorei's English name (it even sounds sort of similar to the Japanese name).

Dr. Leggs
4th January 2011, 2:49 AM
hehehehe...Oops^-^', I meant 2 months...wow, from 2 months to 12 days, that's really an improvement, Now I'm sure the difference will be less than 12 days(not much, but still)!

Keep in mind that the fact that the release dates have become closer doesn't in itself mean that B/W's EU release date will be less than twelve days from the NA release date.

Certainly wouldn't be unfathomable, though.

P.S. I'm usually staunchly opposed to any and all fan-names, but Pebball and Nettal are superb. Kudos S_M XD

R_N
4th January 2011, 3:01 AM
It helps that Nettal was one of the romanizations going around

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th January 2011, 3:27 AM
It helps that Nettal was one of the romanizations going around

Trust me when I say that you can't get Nettal from Natorei via romanization. Probably a fan name.

Dr. Leggs
4th January 2011, 3:58 AM
Trust me when I say that you can't get Nettal from Natorei via romanization. Probably a fan name.

Yeah, Nettal =/= Nattorei. Most common romanization I saw was Nuttre.

Dracoste
4th January 2011, 12:08 PM
Keep in mind that the fact that the release dates have become closer doesn't in itself mean that B/W's EU release date will be less than twelve days from the NA release date.

Certainly wouldn't be unfathomable, though.

Yeah, true. But if it turns out to be also 12 days, or even more, we don't really have to be mad about that. 12 days is still better than waiting 2 months.

Chibi_Muffin
4th January 2011, 5:18 PM
^Speaking of which, when I did my prediction, I meant the 18th, not the 16th. That's 12 days after.

Um... for English names, I hope the '-culus' part of Ranculus stays the same. Legendary names shouldn't change much. They usually don't.

Mr. E Goods
5th January 2011, 12:18 AM
Nettal seems really likely, considering we got the obvious Sandile :/ Or nettal could be given to Nattorei's little evolution.

Ophie
5th January 2011, 4:08 AM
Also, how else would you pronounce Pikachu? Pick-a-chew? Pike-a-chew?

The Japanese pronounciation for it is "PIckachoo." That is, you pronounce the "I" for only a short while. Listen carefully to Ikue Ohtani saying it over and over in every episode. The English-language actors are the ones calling him "PEEKachoo."

It's become ubiquitous though, kind of like with the word "coyote" and how everyone pronounces it as "kah-YOH-tee."

Squirlmunk. Rabbid. Chipdale. If ever, and I'm already anticipating it, they've though up of a name meshing both squirrel and chipmunk.

I hope they don't call it "Rabbid" or Ubisoft is going to have a field day with that name.

Death+Osiris.

"Deathmas" sounds like what would happen if Santa Claus turned evil and started enforcing corporal punishment to naughty boys and girls.

SasakiThePikachu
5th January 2011, 12:08 PM
The Japanese pronounciation for it is "PIckachoo." That is, you pronounce the "I" for only a short while. Listen carefully to Ikue Ohtani saying it over and over in every episode. The English-language actors are the ones calling him "PEEKachoo."

It's become ubiquitous though, kind of like with the word "coyote" and how everyone pronounces it as "kah-YOH-tee."

I hope they don't call it "Rabbid" or Ubisoft is going to have a field day with that name.

"Deathmas" sounds like what would happen if Santa Claus turned evil and started enforcing corporal punishment to naughty boys and girls.

^^ Like in Futurama?!

I honestly can't see how anyone could have problems pronouncing Pikachu. Seriously, out of 600 and someting pokemon, that must be the name you're beaten over the head with most. Watch 5 mins of one anime ep and you hear it about a hundred freakin times, for zekrom's sake.

Porygandrew
5th January 2011, 6:51 PM
Tabbunne: Bunnurse (bunny + nurse)

Mamanbou: Mamola (mama + mola [ocean sunfish])

Sponge
5th January 2011, 6:59 PM
I've always pronounced Pikachu, Peek-a-chu. I think most english speakers do. I'm not surprised if the Japanese pronounce it differentely...even if it looks the same.

Parent: Now kids, Deathmas is that special time of the year when Santa Claus brings death and despair to all of mankind. Isn't that lovely? ^_^

This reminds me of the Futurama Santa Claus

RitterCat
5th January 2011, 11:15 PM
DeOn the other hand, Deathmas for Christians is when they remember that sad day when Joseph and Mary didn't flee in time and Jesus was slaughtered along with all the other innocent children by Herod

Missingno. Master
5th January 2011, 11:34 PM
So when do you guys think we're getting the next batch of English names? I was expecting some to get revealed on Monday, and that didn't happen.

Dracoste
5th January 2011, 11:38 PM
So when do you guys think we're getting the next batch of English names? I was expecting some to get revealed on Monday, and that didn't happen.

Didn't the last "batch" got revealed around the same date when the US release date got revealed? So we might expect more names when the EU name is revealed, which will be, as said by Serebii, next week.

Missingno. Master
5th January 2011, 11:41 PM
Didn't the last "batch" got revealed around the same date when the US release date got revealed? So we might expect more names when the EU name is revealed, which will be, as said by Serebii, next week.
Didn't he say we'd know the date by the 10th? That's a Monday, that would fit...

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Didn't he say we'd know the date by the 10th? That's a Monday, that would fit...

Well, he actually said:

Official confirmation of any EU date is to come next week
He didn't say a specific date, but he did say it on a Monday, and the days between The US and EU release are usually ±2 weeks apart, so it could be revealed on Monday. But also the other days of next week, but I really hope it will be revealed next Monday.

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th January 2011, 12:28 AM
Mamanbou: Mamola (mama + mola [ocean sunfish])

That gives me an idea...

Porygandrew
6th January 2011, 1:35 AM
That gives me an idea...

Should we all be scared? o-o

Not only about the whole luvdisc-thing, but if they indeed wanted Mamanbou to be an entirely separate pokemon, they missed out on a great chance to have a pre-evolved form of mamanbou in the shape of the Ocean Sunfish's fry (baby fish) - which is in the shape of the sun. It could have been really cute!

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th January 2011, 2:02 AM
Should we all be scared? o-o

No, just reminded me of something I had to tell Serebii.

Not only about the whole luvdisc-thing, but if they indeed wanted Mamanbou to be an entirely separate pokemon, they missed out on a great chance to have a pre-evolved form of mamanbou in the shape of the Ocean Sunfish's fry (baby fish) - which is in the shape of the sun. It could have been really cute!

That's why next Gen there's going to be a Mamanby, Mamabou's cute pre-evolution.

Look at them:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Molalavdj.jpg/180px-Molalavdj.jpg

But seriously. That thing is uber cute.

Missingno. Master
6th January 2011, 2:05 AM
Well, he actually said:

He didn't say a specific date, but he did say it on a Monday, and the days between The US and EU release are usually ±2 weeks apart, so it could be revealed on Monday. But also the other days of next week, but I really hope it will be revealed next Monday.

Oh. I could've sworn someone said the 10th.

You know what I'd like, though? I'd like it if Serebii started leaking English names on the main site, 2 per day, like he did for D/P. I liked that. Of course, given the whole cease-and-desist letter incident, I fear that Serebii might not do something like that this time around. I hope that ain't the case.

Mario with Lasers
6th January 2011, 2:14 AM
And they could have given it Drought!

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th January 2011, 2:23 AM
You know what I'd like, though? I'd like it if Serebii started leaking English names on the main site, 2 per day, like he did for D/P. I liked that. Of course, given the whole cease-and-desist letter incident, I fear that Serebii might not do something like that this time around. I hope that ain't the case.

Yeah, I have a feeling he may avoid the 'couple-of-name' a day thing this time because of what happened with the DP reveal and also the C+D. Have to wait and see though.

R_N
6th January 2011, 2:51 AM
And they could have given it Drought!
And then it was banned forever

^^Yoshinichi^^
6th January 2011, 2:54 AM
Wow, I feel proud that I properly predicted Meguroko's English name. ;P Well, let's see if I can come up with some other decent ones.

Gobitto-Gobot. Not Golbot because that would be too close to Golbat. Maybe Rollem? But then that's close to Golem. Gah.
Baibanira-Bivanilla or Vaniltwice. I don't know why, they just sound nice to me.
Swanna and Koaruhie-Swanette and Goslake. They sound nice and graceful to me.
Otamaro-Tadnote?
Yeah, I'm done. I suck at these. ;P

Grei
6th January 2011, 3:07 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling he may avoid the 'couple-of-name' a day thing this time because of what happened with the DP reveal and also the C+D. Have to wait and see though.

Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with the DP reveal? Was there a horde of obnoxious forumers who continually pestered Serebii to have their favorite 4th Gen Pokemon's English name revealed?

I think I may have only ever seen a single thread about those reveals, so I don't know much about what went on around that time...

Sabonea_Masukippa
6th January 2011, 3:16 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with the DP reveal? Was there a horde of obnoxious forumers who continually pestered Serebii to have their favorite 4th Gen Pokemon's English name revealed?

I think I may have only ever seen a single thread about those reveals, so I don't know much about what went on around that time...

If memory serves, Serebii was revealing them one by one, then Melkor (Pokexperto) threatened to reveal them all. Eventually he and Serebii agreed to post the same names simultaneously in small groups, but then same random person came forth (on GameFAQs if memory serves) and posted them all in one big dump.

Missingno. Master
6th January 2011, 3:18 AM

Serebii was revealing around two seemingly random names per day. Then apparently, someone on Gamefaqs (I think) leaked all the names at once, forcing Serebii to do the same.

EDIT: Ninja'd, and with more detailed info, too. Oh, well.

Grei
6th January 2011, 3:36 AM
If memory serves, Serebii was revealing them one by one, then Melkor (Pokexperto) threatened to reveal them all. Eventually he and Serebii agreed to post the same names simultaneously in small groups, but then same random person came forth (on GameFAQs if memory serves) and posted them all in one big dump.

Wow. This is, like, another reason to think Melkor is a complete jerk.

Yeah, I could see Serebii not doing that again. Unless he himself goes to Melkor and agrees to release the names little by little, but I wonder if even that is worth it.

BCVM22
6th January 2011, 3:42 AM
Gobitto-Gobot.

Already taken. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobots)

Lorde
6th January 2011, 3:58 AM
Otamaro-Tadnote?

That name is just a tad too generic. I'm just kidding. I really like that name, since it's pretty much a direct translation of the Japanese name. I believe that the Japanese name comes from the Japanese word "otama", which is an abbreviation of the word "otamajakushi", which means tadpole or music notes. So the name Tadnote would have a lot in common with the name Otamaro. I'm actually starting to like the little tadpole thing. I used to think that it was an uglier version of Poliwag, but now I think it's swell. I mean, just look at that face:

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/fukiyosecity/Ohexploitabletransparent.png

^^Yoshinichi^^
6th January 2011, 4:09 AM
Already taken. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobots)
Knew I had heard it somewhere.

That name is just a tad too generic. I'm just kidding. I really like that name, since it's pretty much a direct translation of the Japanese name. I believe that the Japanese name comes from the Japanese word "otama", which is an abbreviation of the word "otamajakushi", which means tadpole or music notes. So the name Tadnote would have a lot in common with the name Otamaro. I'm actually starting to like the little tadpole thing. I used to think that it was an uglier version of Poliwag, but now I think it's swell. I mean, just look at that face:

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/fukiyosecity/Ohexploitabletransparent.png

What a coincidence! I didn't expect it was actually linguistically close to Otamaro.

R_N
6th January 2011, 4:12 AM
I really really hate Otamaru & his evolution's face.
Like it makes me actively dislike the otherwise interesting design (final evo's face is fine)

Of all things, I think it gives me uncanny valley vibes. It's just...too flat and weird in general.
I've the same problem with Hiyakkie though that's less the face and more the whole design.

Zhanton
6th January 2011, 6:36 AM
Oh. I could've sworn someone said the 10th.
PokeJungle said (http://pokejungle.net/2011/01/02/eu-rumors/) Nintendo would reveal it on the 10th, apparently.

BCVM22
6th January 2011, 8:59 AM
PokeJungle said (http://pokejungle.net/2011/01/02/eu-rumors/) Nintendo would reveal it on the 10th, apparently.

The entire matter seems to be a Mobius loop of websites without any legitimate sources quoting other sites with nothing of the sort, to the point where they're all just citing each other as sources despite none of them having a confirmed and/or properly cited word to say on the subject.

Pikacu
6th January 2011, 10:49 AM
The entire matter seems to be a Mobius loop of websites without any legitimate sources quoting other sites with nothing of the sort, to the point where they're all just citing each other as sources despite none of them having a confirmed and/or properly cited word to say on the subject.

Well even if it is as you say websites quoting other websites, you could follow this trail back to one single webpage and that webpage creator could have possible found something while wondering the streets or from nintendo, but then again chances are they're just some bum makeing stuff up

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 11:50 AM

Pokéjungle also says the EU release is on 4th March, which is immposible cause the US date is 6th March, and all Pokémon main games get released in the US first and then the EU gets it (±2,HGSS)weeks later. How much I want this to be true, it won't happen.

Zhanton
6th January 2011, 12:03 PM
Pokéjungle also says the EU release is on 4th March, which is immposible cause the US date is 6th March, and all Pokémon main games get released in the US first and then the EU gets it (±2,HGSS)weeks later. How much I want this to be true, it won't happen.
I'm not saying the EU release will be on the 4th of March, but PJ never said it would be on the 4th of March, but merely said a French source claimed it to be the 4th of March, which matches up with the fact games in Europe are often released on Thursday and the calendar which was distributed a week or so ago. Just because Europe has been receiving the games later than the US doesn't mean it has to stay that way; the gap between the US and European releases for Pokemon main games [DPPt, HGSS etc] has been narrowing and it's not impossible for the gap to disappear altogether.
Having said that, however, I don't think the games will be released in Europe on the 4th but I'm going to guess that they will be released there on the 18th of March. What I'm most interested in is the release date for Australia :]

Sponge
6th January 2011, 12:33 PM

It's not impossible, it's unlikely...but not impossible

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 12:46 PM
the gap between the US and European releases for Pokemon main games [DPPt, HGSS etc] has been narrowing and it's not impossible for the gap to disappear altogether.

*v* I really wish that would happen. I really was excited when it was revealed that Pok&#233;park Wii was going to be released in the EU before in the US(it's not part of the main games, but still). I think the gap for B/W will probably &#177;12 days.

It's not impossible, it's unlikely...but not impossible

Yeah, OK, it's not impossible, but very unlikely.

Absolutely Absol
6th January 2011, 2:13 PM
I hope that release becomes true. I mean, look at HGSS. They released in North America on 14th March 2010 and Europe got them on 26th March 2010. That's only 12 days.

Pikacu
6th January 2011, 2:18 PM
Does it really matter where the games are released first?

wearjo
6th January 2011, 3:17 PM
Does it really matter where the games are released first?

well i think it's kinda unfair that the pokemon games go japan then u.s then eurupe and australia then the rest... i think i should be japan (cuz it would be unfare if they didnt get it first because pokemon originated from there or something like that) then Australia (We always have to w8 for ever), at the same time as europe (everyone gets a turn) then the other countries (u cant always be first America!!!) then finally, the U.S

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 3:25 PM
well i think it's kinda unfair that the pokemon games go japan then u.s then eurupe and australia then the rest... i think i should be japan (cuz it would be unfare if they didnt get it first because pokemon originated from there or something like that) then Australia (We always have to w8 for ever), at the same time as europe (everyone gets a turn) then the other countries (u cant always be first America!!!) then finally, the U.S

The order that is now actually makes sense, so it doesn't really need to be changed: First Japan(they made it) in the half year the US and EU is translating all the text and think up the Pok&#233;mon names, the reason why Europe gets it later(I think), is cause they need to think up the names and stranslate the game in different languages. Then the other continents/countries gets the game.

Will-powered Spriter
6th January 2011, 5:43 PM
The order that is now actually makes sense, so it doesn't really need to be changed: First Japan(they made it) in the half year the US and EU is translating all the text and think up the Pokémon names, the reason why Europe gets it later(I think), is cause they need to think up the names and stranslate the game in different languages. Then the other continents/countries gets the game.

Even so, if England (and I guess Australia) has to wait for the game to be translated into all the different languages when we speak the same language as America, we should get them localised properly. If we're going to get American spelling, with your lack of 'u's, and American mesurements (they even have metres and kg in the original, can't they change it back?), and a game which for all intents and purposes appears to be identical to us, why should we wait?

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 6:07 PM
Even so, if England (and I guess Australia) has to wait for the game to be translated into all the different languages when we speak the same language as America, we should get them localised properly. If we're going to get American spelling, with your lack of 'u's, and American mesurements (they even have metres and kg in the original, can't they change it back?), and a game which for all intents and purposes appears to be identical to us, why should we wait?

Well, I think it would be more fair if the whole EU got the game at the same time, also, it's called Nintendo of Europe, so they have to localizise for whole Europe and release it for whole Europe on the same date.

Wait...so lbs and such is the American mesurement? I always though it was the English mesurement...I really wish they changed lbs and such in M an Kg. Which other countries use those lbs and such actually?

darkgamerGS
6th January 2011, 7:05 PM
Isn't the fact the games'll be out in March enough? Or look at it this way: they'll likely be out before spring break regardless of location.

Mr. Joker
6th January 2011, 11:02 PM

You can't be serious? Just because you live there doesn't mean that you should get it first. It's really marketing, Japan has the biggest Pokemon Fanbase, than the US, etc. It's all about marketing.

RitterCat
6th January 2011, 11:15 PM
But, if they have a version basically identical to the English version (released as part of the Europe release) why can't it be released in Australia at the exact same time?

Dracoste
6th January 2011, 11:21 PM
You can't be serious? Just because you live there doesn't mean that you should get it first. It's really marketing, Japan has the biggest Pokemon Fanbase, than the US, etc. It's all about marketing.

True, first comes Japan because they made it, then comes America which is a big continent with a lot of people who buys the games, then comes Europe, also a big continent, also with a lot of buyers(but probably less than America) then comes Australia, which have less buyers than America and Europe(that's what I assume) and then comes the "smaller" continents and countries.

yeminied
6th January 2011, 11:27 PM

Why would Australia get Pokémon games first. It's always been this way and always will be. I live in New Zealand, and the time doesn't bother me. The games come out no more than two weeks after America so I don't know what you're complaining about. The gap between Japan and America is much longer.

Lorde
6th January 2011, 11:52 PM
What a coincidence! I didn't expect it was actually linguistically close to Otamaro.

Yeah, that was a pretty good name prediction on your part. I wouldn't be surprised if the translators go with Tadnote for Otamaro's English name *crosses fingers*

Anyway, speaking of Otamaro, I really think that I've grown to "like" Gamagaru. I say "like" and not "love", because I still see some faults with it. I'm starting to appreciate its design a bit more, but I still find its animated sprite to be weird; I just hate how it wiggles around from time to time. At least it seems that Gamagaru is based on sound too, though in this case, speakers and not music notes. Even Gamageroge seems to be partially based on sound (the kind that frogs make I think). I like the consistency I'm seeing in their family.

SasakiThePikachu
7th January 2011, 12:14 AM
If you want a laugh, go to Amazon.com and keep an eye out for the reviewer who complains that Pokemon games come out in Japan first.

...no, I'm not even kidding.

This is the way things go, people. Haven't we established this by now? When something comes out in Japan, it goes to the US next, and then everywhere else later. I know it's bloody inconvenient to wait (I'm in the UK, I'm waiting too) but hell, at least we're getting an international release. A lot of anime don't. So let's not complain, but twiddle our thumbs and get excited. ONLY TWO FREAKIN MONTHS TO GO! WOOP!

Sponge
7th January 2011, 12:23 AM
If you think about it though....

If there is a future where USA and Europe get "worldwide simultaneous releases" this would be how it would pan out all the time with Europe getting games two days before the USA.

Dracoste
7th January 2011, 12:26 AM
Anyway, speaking of Otamaro, I really think that I've grown to "like" Gamagaru. I say "like" and not "love", because I still see some faults with it. I'm starting to appreciate its design a bit more, but I still find its animated sprite to be weird; I just hate how it wiggles around from time to time. At least it seems that Gamagaru is based on sound too, though in this case, speakers and not music notes. Even Gamageroge seems to be partially based on sound (the kind that frogs make I think). I like the consistency I'm seeing in their family.

I think the "blobs" on the Otamaro's line are simmilair to maracas, that's probably the reason why it "wiggles".
some Dex entries:

White:
Otamaro: It vibrates its cheeks and emits sound waves that are inaudible to humans. It communicates with the sound waves’ rhythm.
Gamageroge: It makes the lumps on its fists vibrate to double the power of its punches. It can pulverize a boulder in one strike.

Black:
Otamaro: It produces a high-pitched alarm by vibrating its cheeks, and informs its companions of danger.
Gamagaru: When it vibrates the lump on its head, not only does the water turn choppy, the ground shakes as if there was an earthquake.
Gamageroge: It shoots a liquid that causes nerve paralysis from the lump on its head. It torments its opponent with vibrations.

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th January 2011, 12:46 AM
The Otamaro line are toads, at least in name, and so the vibrating sonar things that also give them the ground type are based off of the warts toads are famous for. Or at least such is my understanding.

Zhanton
7th January 2011, 2:13 AM
If we're going to get American spelling, with your lack of 'u's, and American mesurements (they even have metres and kg in the original, can't they change it back?), and a game which for all intents and purposes appears to be identical to us, why should we wait?
I'd like this a lot. I find it really annoying that they keep the American spelling in our releases >.<

I've really grown to like the design of Kokoromori and Hahakomori :] They're so cute~

Lorde
7th January 2011, 3:09 AM
The Otamaro line are toads, at least in name, and so the vibrating sonar things that also give them the ground type are based off of the warts toads are famous for. Or at least such is my understanding.

Vibrating sonar eh? Well, I was wondering why Otamaro's evolved forms obtained the Ground-type as their second type upon evolving. I thought that it was a reference to swamps where frogs may be found, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I just find Otamaro and the others very interesting.

I've really grown to like the design of Kokoromori and Hahakomori :] They're so cute~

Kokoromori is adorable, and I guess that Hahakomori is interesting too, but I don't like it as much as I like its pre-evolved forms (Kurumiru and Kurumayu). Yeah, believe it or not, I really like Kurumayu. It always looks indifferent in its various artworks (sort of serious I guess) and I sort of like that.

MetalFlygon08
7th January 2011, 4:05 AM
Another thing with the Otam's, those Warts also act like pulse generators, I'm assuming they use the vibrations like how a mating male alligator does his dance, only they use the vibrating water to see, and instead of giving them the sound type, Ground works for seismographical stuff.

Dr. Leggs
7th January 2011, 4:26 AM
I'm not saying the EU release will be on the 4th of March, but PJ never said it would be on the 4th of March, but merely said a French source claimed it to be the 4th of March, which matches up with the fact games in Europe are often released on Thursday and the calendar which was distributed a week or so ago.

March 4th is a Friday.

Anyway, yes, there really is honestly no evidence (meaning actual evidence) for a March 4th EU release.

XXD17
7th January 2011, 6:36 AM
Vibrating sonar eh? Well, I was wondering why Otamaro's evolved forms obtained the Ground-type as their second type upon evolving. I thought that it was a reference to swamps where frogs may be found, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I just find Otamaro and the others very interesting.

For a biological explanation, the main difference between frogs and toads are in their skin. frogs have very thin and always moist skin restricting them to the water completely as they would dry up if left out of the water for too long althugh some species, like the White's Treefrog which likely inspired Politoed, have adapted a waxy coating in order to survive...Toads, on the other hand, have much thicker,bumpier and drier skin allowing them the stay out of the water for long amounts of time, this fact may have given Gamagaroge it's ground attribute. As for warts, they either function to for camouflage to blend in with nearby rocks or fallen leaves, to retain water, or to store poison as hinted by Gamagaroge's pokedex entry although toads also have specialized poison glands behind their eyes. As for frogs, their poison is in the mucous lining their skin such as that of the dart frogs which inspired toxicroak and croagunk Also know that many anurids are called toads but are actually frogs; the fire-bellied toad is an example. As for the vibrations, they refer to the calls of frogs and toads, an aspect also hinted in politoed's old pokedex entries, that are produced in vocal sacs but resonate from the belly in toads.

BW202
7th January 2011, 8:18 AM
For Otamaru I'm hoping they do ether Tadpulse or Tadnote, I think their great names. For It's next evo I was thinking Vibratoad. No idea about the final form though...

Chibi_Muffin
7th January 2011, 8:55 AM
Kokoromori is adorable, and I guess that Hahakomori is interesting too, but I don't like it as much as I like its pre-evolved forms (Kurumiru and Kurumayu). Yeah, believe it or not, I really like Kurumayu. It always looks indifferent in its various artworks (sort of serious I guess) and I sort of like that.

I LOVE Kokoromori! =] It's a Honduran White Bat, which is already super cute, but it's also Psychic type... and very cute. =] I like Hahakomori as well, though when I saw it's offical art... let's just say the smile meant it was no longer elegant. XD I think Kurumayu has a cold. It looks like it.

Mario with Lasers
7th January 2011, 11:19 AM
I'd like this a lot. I find it really annoying that they keep the American spelling in our releases >.<

I know what you mean; I hate whenever I change the language to Portuguese while accessing a website or reading/installing something and then SURPRISE SURPRISE EUROPEAN PORTUGUESE TEE HEE. I know Portugal is in Europe but goddamnit, we're bigger and stronger and... ok not richer I guess, couldn't they have an option for Brazilian Portuguese too?

If you're going to read American English regardless, you should just import then. I just don't know if you can even import the games, though. But it can't be THAT difficult neither expensive, unless you want to play at release day lol.

Atreyu
7th January 2011, 11:54 AM
When will we learn the next lot of English names?

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th January 2011, 12:22 PM
Considering previous time frames, it's possible the next lot of English names and the EU release date will both come on Monday. If they're still following the general JPN release pattern of Pokemon we could be looking at Kibago, Gochiruzeru, Rankurusu, Musharna, Wargle, Koromori, & Minezumi and maybe one random like last month with Gigalith.

Here's my 'final' guesses:
Kibago: Baxon (baby + ax + dragon)
Gochiruzeru: Gothimood (Gothic + mood)
Ranculus: Nuculus (nucleus + homunculus)
Musharna: Musharna
Wagle: Valeagle (valor + eagle), Warrihawk (warrior + hawk)
Koromori: Fluttat ( flutter + bat)
Minezumi: Kwirreleer (Squirrel + leer)

Serebii
7th January 2011, 1:27 PM
Monday is a good bet

Serebii
7th January 2011, 1:27 PM
Monday is a good bet

Rainbowdashtheawesome
7th January 2011, 3:04 PM
I've got a few guesses about the English names:
Kuitaran: Ardvarcano (I know aardvark is spelled with 2 'a's at the start, but that would mean it would have 11 letters.
Aianto: Titaniant (titanium+ant)
Miruhog: Leerkat (leer+meerkat)
Desumasu: Crypterror (crypt+terror)
Desukan: Cryptyrant (crypt+tyrant)
Yabakuron: wastyke (waste+tyke)
Dasutodasu: Garbagiant (garbage+giant)
Baruchai: Condark (condor+dark)
Barujina: Darcondor (dark+condor)

SasakiThePikachu
7th January 2011, 3:46 PM
NEWSFLASH
Amazon.co.uk don't yet have Pokemon Black for pre-order yet, but under product description they now say, multiple times:

'PRE-ORDER SHIPPING FROM LONDON ON 8 MARCH'

Could this be our EU release date?! With only 2 days between this and the US release date, it's better than I could've dreamed...

LexSuicune
7th January 2011, 4:58 PM
Well it's always a good idea for them to aim for a unified date globally, hopefully EU will get it soon.

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th January 2011, 11:07 PM
Aren't EU games released on Fridays as a general rule?

rocky505
7th January 2011, 11:35 PM
Yes but most games in the USA are released on Tuesday but Pokemon games aren't.

Slowemperor
7th January 2011, 11:41 PM
I know what you mean; I hate whenever I change the language to Portuguese while accessing a website or reading/installing something and then SURPRISE SURPRISE EUROPEAN PORTUGUESE TEE HEE. I know Portugal is in Europe but goddamnit, we're bigger and stronger and... ok not richer I guess, couldn't they have an option for Brazilian Portuguese too?

If you're going to read American English regardless, you should just import then. I just don't know if you can even import the games, though. But it can't be THAT difficult neither expensive, unless you want to play at release day lol.

The feeling is mutual. There are plenty of sites which use Brazilian Portuguese as just "Portuguese", or just have Brazilian Portuguese named as that (just to mention that till the 90's almost every american animation (specially Disney) or comic book that made it way to Portugal was in Brazilian Portuguese). And after some discussion, believe is far more annoying for Portuguese people to read/hear Brazilian Portuguese than the other way around. Also, Brazil is richer than Portugal.

Importing is not hard. I imported my american Diamond months before the European release (twice, actually, my first one was stolen with my DS).

On the subject of the names: I really hope they give us lots of new ones. It takes long to get used to the new names.

Lorde
8th January 2011, 12:02 AM
I've got a few guesses about the English names:
Kuitaran: Ardvarcano (I know aardvark is spelled with 2 'a's at the start, but that would mean it would have 11 letters.
Aianto: Titaniant (titanium+ant)
Miruhog: Leerkat (leer+meerkat)
Desumasu: Crypterror (crypt+terror)
Desukan: Cryptyrant (crypt+tyrant)
Yabakuron: wastyke (waste+tyke)
Dasutodasu: Garbagiant (garbage+giant)
Baruchai: Condark (condor+dark)
Barujina: Darcondor (dark+condor)

I like some of your name predictions, especially Leerkat. It not only rhymes with meerkat, but it contains a reference to Miruhoggu's eyes. Oh gosh, I can't tell you how often I've had to avert my eyes when I've seen Miruhoggu's artwork. Wastyke for Yabukuron sounds really cute and all, but Garbagiant for Dasutodasu sounds 100 times better! I think that's the best name prediction for Dasutodasu that I've seen so far. I'm also pretty certain that Baruchai and Barujiina's names will contain some reference to condor, so I like Condark and Darcondor.

RedJirachi
8th January 2011, 12:37 AM
Victini-Cute
Snivy-There's a reason they call it smugleaf
Janovy-I liked Snivy better
Jalorda-Snivy can suck it!
Tepig-Aww...
Chaoboo-Meh
Enbouh-Cool!
Oshawott-*dies of laughter from how pathetic it looks*
Futachimaru-MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT
Daikenki-An odd choice
Minezumi-What's with the eyes
Miruhog-Furret and Bidoof's lovechild
Yorterry-CUTE!
Haderia-Can I pet it
Murando-Moustache fail
Choroneki-Can I pet it
Lepardes-Smooth
The monkey trio-Eh
Muuna-Looks tasty
Musharna-I'd still eat it
Pidove-RIP OFF
Hatooboo-Better
Kenhorou-Now that's the ticket!
Blitzle-Zebras?
Zeburaika-Electirc zebras ftw
Dangorou-Intresting
Gantoru-Meh
Gigalith-AWESOMENESS
Koromori-Kind of cute
Kokoromori-See above
Mogurew-See above
Doryuzu-Congratulations!Your Rufus the Naked Mole Rat has evolved into awesomeness!
Tabuune-Meh
Dokkora line-*Dies from laughter at how weird it looks*
Otamaru-Um,wut?
Gagamaru-Froggy!
Gamageroge-You blow Politoed out of the water,but'll never be beat by Toxicroak
Nageki and Dageki-Nintendo,get some original ideas for fighting types
Kurumuri-In its own way,its cute
Kurumayu-Nice canopy
Hahakoromori-Now that's cool
Fushide-Not too shabby
Hoiiga-Wheel of death
Pendra-*Nerdgasms at how awesome it looks*
Monmen-Wut
Erufuun-Wut
Churine-Um
Doredia-How dainty looking
Basslao-No opinion
Sandile-I want one
Waruvile-It doesn't give a s***.I like
Waruvial-Was this evo really necessary?
Darumakka-Fitting for what about to come next
Darmaritan-Cheeky monkey is awesome
Marakacchi-Carnivine and Cacturne had a lovechild
Ishizumai-Cute
Iwapersu-Neat
Zuruguu-What is this?
Zuruzuki-Nintendo,please don't do drugs when you're designing Pokemon
Shinbora-This confirms Nintendo was on drugs
Desumasu-Odd
Duskaan-And the fandom rejoiced
Purotoga-Teenage Mutant Ninja Fossils
Abagoura-Nothing can get past its defense
Aaken-Chirp
Archeos-AWESOME!
Yabukuron-Screw Oshawott,this is more pathetic
Dasutodasu-That's wrong!
Zorua-How cute
Zoroak-It will eat you
Minnico-How cute
Chillaccino-It has that dainty look
Gothimu-?
Gothimiru-??
Gothirusella-She wants your bad romance
Yuniran-Screw it,not even drugs could come up with this Pokemon
Daburan-Lame
Ranculus-Finally,something resembling a Pokemanz
Koaruhi-AW
Swanna-Better than Pelipper
Shikijika-Bambi returns...
Mebukijika-With a vengeance!
Kaburumo-No opinion
Shubarugo-A knight Pokemon?Yay

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th January 2011, 4:54 AM
I like some of your name predictions, especially Leerkat. It not only rhymes with meerkat, but it contains a reference to Miruhoggu's eyes. Oh gosh, I can't tell you how often I've had to avert my eyes when I've seen Miruhoggu's artwork. Wastyke for Yabukuron sounds really cute and all, but Garbagiant for Dasutodasu sounds 100 times better! I think that's the best name prediction for Dasutodasu that I've seen so far. I'm also pretty certain that Baruchai and Barujiina's names will contain some reference to condor, so I like Condark and Darcondor.

Thanks, that really made my day:).

Here are a few more:
Baibanira: Colduo (cold+duo)
Mogurew: Drillad (drill+lad)
Doryuuzu: Drillord (drill+lord)
Dokkora: Plankrush (plank+crush)
Dotekkotsu: Girdanger (girder+danger)
Roopushin: Cementough (cement+tough)
Otamaro: Wartadpole (wart+tadpole)
Nageki: Karojo (Karate+rojo (Spanish for red))
Dageki: Kungblue (kung-fu+blue)
Waruvile: Sandark (sand+dark)
Waruvial: Sandoom (sand+doom)
Marakacchi: Maracactus (maraca+cactus)
Shinpora: Dreamagic (dream+magic)
Shikijika: Fawna (Fawn+fauna)
Furiijio: Arcticold (arctic+cold)
Agirudaa: Ninjarmed (ninja+disarmed (because he evolves by losing his armor))
Maggyo: Floundelec (flounder+electric)
Kojofu: Nimblad (nimble+lad)
Kojondo: Nimblord (nimble+lord)
Goruugu: Spirititan (spirit+titan)

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th January 2011, 5:14 AM
Dokkora line-*Dies from laughter at how weird it looks*

Part of their design is influenced by (Japanese) construction workers.

Here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/5166889680_7900f2f76b_z.jpg

Nageki and Dageki-Nintendo,get some original ideas for fighting types

Ironically, Sugimori (who designed these two himself) has said that he thought basing a Pokemon off of Judo and Karate was an idea they hadn't yet used for a fighting type.

R_N
8th January 2011, 6:22 AM
Part of their design is influenced by (Japanese) construction workers.

Here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/5166889680_7900f2f76b_z.jpg

I'm not really seeing the resemblence

Exodd
8th January 2011, 7:03 AM
Roopushin looks kind of old. Dotekkotu's head looks like that puffy hat, I guess. Are the pink parts on the Dokkora line supposed to be veins?

How is Shinbora related to dreams? Fawna sounds like a great name for Shikijika.

MetalFlygon08
8th January 2011, 8:36 AM
I think it's due to the Native American Dream Catcher theme it seems to have (but I thought it was based on Sugi's signature)

R_N
8th January 2011, 8:45 AM
I think it's due to the Native American Dream Catcher theme it seems to have (but I thought it was based on Sugi's signature)

It's based on the Nazca lines
http://in-peru.travel/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Nazca-Lines.jpg

Lorde
8th January 2011, 9:58 AM
How is Shinbora related to dreams?

Maybe it's a reference to how Caitlin (who owns a Shinbora) is first encountered sleeping in a fancy bed at the Pokemon League? Or maybe I'm just reaching haha. I don't think that the English names have to be completely related to the Japanese names though. I'd like to see what kind of creative name the translators will come up with for Shinbora to be honest. Also, and maybe it's just me, but that thing on Shinbora's head looks like a skinny Unown. I know that it isn't, but it gives me Unown vibes. Why? I'm afraid that's unknown :rolleyes:

It does appear to be based on a type of Native American object, that's for sure. I think the proper term is Kachina doll.

RitterCat
8th January 2011, 10:36 AM
DRILLORD YES! (plz plz plz plz GF make it this)

mickey
8th January 2011, 11:47 AM
Part of their design is influenced by
Ironically, Sugimori (who designed these two himself) has said that he thought basing a Pokemon off of Judo and Karate was an idea they hadn't yet used for a fighting type.

So I would call them Judoka and Karateka :D it would be great IMO!

aggronFTW
8th January 2011, 12:18 PM
Oshawott-*dies of laughter from how pathetic it looks*

http://blakmanta.deviantart.com/art/Pkmn-Mijumaru-The-Revenge-179568041

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th January 2011, 2:03 PM
I'm not really seeing the resemblence
Sugimori mentioned in the Nintendo Dream interview that the knickerbockers construction workers wear are the basis for the curvy design of the line's legs, I believe.

SasakiThePikachu
8th January 2011, 2:43 PM
Thanks, that really made my day:).

Here are a few more:
Baibanira: Colduo (cold+duo)
Mogurew: Drillad (drill+lad)
Doryuuzu: Drillord (drill+lord)
Dokkora: Plankrush (plank+crush)
Dotekkotsu: Girdanger (girder+danger)
Roopushin: Cementough (cement+tough)
Otamaro: Wartadpole (wart+tadpole)
Nageki: Karojo (Karate+rojo (Spanish for red))
Dageki: Kungblue (kung-fu+blue)
Waruvile: Sandark (sand+dark)
Waruvial: Sandoom (sand+doom)
Marakacchi: Maracactus (maraca+cactus)
Furiijio: Arcticold (arctic+cold)
Agirudaa: Ninjarmed (ninja+disarmed (because he evolves by losing his armor))
Maggyo: Floundelec (flounder+electric)
Kojofu: Nimblad (nimble+lad)
Kojondo: Nimblord (nimble+lord)
Goruugu: Spirititan (spirit+titan)

The world and his wife have guessed 'fawna' for Shikijika. I like it, but I'm thinking it's almost too easy for Nintendo. Very rarely do the most popular fan names/predictions actually come true.

The whole 'lad' and 'lord' thing is a bit redundant. Makes slightly more sense for Kojo's line as it is more anthropomorphic, but for Moguryu it just sounds wierd. I don't think 'lad' when looking at a cute little mole.

Spirititan and Colduo sound too much like Spiritomb and Doduo to me.

I do however love your names for Sandile's line :D

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th January 2011, 3:11 PM
Roopushin looks kind of old. Dotekkotu's head looks like that puffy hat, I guess. Are the pink parts on the Dokkora line supposed to be veins?

How is Shinbora related to dreams? Fawna sounds like a great name for Shikijika.

It's because it looks just like a fancy Native American dream catcher.

Few more:
Gamagaru: Warteen (wart+teen)
Gamageorge: Wartoad (wart+toad)
Swanna: Elegoose (elegant+goose) (I know it's a swan, but this is the only thing that seems to sound right to me)
Baniricchi: Icicold (icicle+cold)
Vanipeti: Frostyke (frost+tyke)
Jalorda: Reptyrant (reptile+tyrant)
Minezumi: Vigileer (vigilant+leer)
Yooteri: Pupsqueak (pup+pipsqueak)
Muurando: Woofluff (woof+fluff)
Choroneko: Darkitten (dark+kitten)
Lepardas: Leopardark (leopard+dark) or Feleopard (feline+leopard)
Yanakkiee: Elvisage (Elvis+sage)
Zeburaika: Stripower (stripe+power)
Fushide: Milipoison (millipede+poison)
Tamagetake: Toadsmall (toadstool+small)
Morobareru: Toadstrong (toadstool+strong)
Bachuru: Starachnid (static+arachnid)
Denchura: Voltaran (volt+tarantula)
Burungeru: Drifterror (drift+terror)
Shibishirasu: Eleech (electric+leech)
Shibibiiru: Voltpire (volt+vampire)
Shibirudon: Lampredatr (lamprey+predator)
Ranpuraa: Ghoulamp (ghoul+lamp)
Shandera: Chandelour (chandelier+lour) or Spiritorch (spirit+torch)
Komatana: Daggerip (dagger+rip)
Kirikizan: Daggerazor (dagger+razor)
Gobitto: Ghoulem (ghoul+golem)
Washibon: Eaglad (eagle+lad)
Wargle: Eaglory (eagle+glory)
Monozu: Hydark (hydra+dark)
Jiheddo: Hyduo (hydra+duo)
Sazandora: Hydragon (hydra+dragon)

Porygandrew
8th January 2011, 5:49 PM
Anyone else hope that Marakacchi stays the same? I mean it's essentially "Mariachi + Maraca" which is easy enough to combine. Maybe "Macarachi"?

Chibi_Muffin
8th January 2011, 6:00 PM
Celebitrainer, your names are pretty good. They are quite creative.

Lemme have a go:

Sazandra - Hydrark (Hydra and Dark)
Burungel - Auroyale (Aurealia (moon jellyfish) and royal)
Ranculus - Gelculus (Gel and homunculus)
Bivanilla - Vanillice (Vanilla and ice)
Embouh - Scorchog (Scorch and warthog)
Meraruba - Warmoth (Warm and moth)
Yanakkie - Chimsage (Chimp and sage)
Boakkie - Chimsear (" and sear)
Hiyakkie - Chimpour (" and pour)
Shandera - Phantolier (Phantom and chandelier)
Erufuun - Elfluff (Elf and fluff)

About all I could think of. They might not be entirely creative, but it's my best shot. This is quite fun though. Oh, and I accidentally posted a name that was similar to celebitrainer's. I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed. =]

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th January 2011, 8:13 PM
Got more for ya:
Shubarugo: Cavalance (cavalry+lance)
Kaburumo: Bugreed (bug+greed)
Emonga: Staticute (static+cute) or Airodent (air+rodent)
Puratooga: Prehisturt (prehistoric+turtle)
Abagoura: Prehistank (prehistoric+tank)
Archeos: Aireptile (air+reptile)
Aaken: Aviancient (avian+ancient)
Zuruggu: Lizardrop (lizard+drop)
Zuruzukin: Reptrouser (reptile+trouser)
Ishizumai: Hermitiny (hermit+tiny)
Iwaparesu: Hermiton (hermit+ton) or Hermitank (hermit+tank)
Hoiiga: Rollipede (roll+millipede)
Pendoraa: Venomill (venom+millipede) or Massivenom (massive+venom)
Hiyakkiee: Danspout (dance+spout) or Dansplash (dance+splash)
Baokkiee: Musicoal (music+coal)
Enbuoh: Porcano (pork+volcano)
Janovy: Serpenteen (serpentine+teen)
Chaoboo: Embacon (ember+bacon)
Hatooboo: Doviolent (dove+violent)
Kenhorou: Avianity (avian+vanity) or Winglamour (wing+glamor+amour)
Dangoro: Pebblegs (pebble+legs)
Gantoru: Rocrystal (rock+crystal)
Gigear: Roturn (rotate+turn)
Gigigear: Gearotate (gear+rotate)
Chobomaki: Defensnail (defense+snail)
Baffuron: Trampallo (trample+buffalo)
Genosect: Insecannon (insect+cannon)
Meraruba: Burgnat (burn+gnat)
Ulgamoth: Flamoth (flame+moth)
Crimgan: Powyvern (power+wyvern) or Feareptile (fear+reptile)
Kumasyun: Arcticute (arctic+cute)
Tsunbeaa: Frostyrant (frost+tyrant) or Arcticlaw (arctic+claw)
Tesshiido: Grasspike (grass+spike) or Kabarb (kabob+barb)
Nattorei: Metalatch (metal+latch)
Koromori: Airmotion (air+emotion) or Emoturne (emotion+nocturne)
Kokoromori: Nocourtship (nocturne+courtship) or Shadore (shade+adore)

Luxrayess
8th January 2011, 9:56 PM
Here's some of my own name predictions/ideas:

(I'll admit, quite a few of them sound half-baked.)

Jalord: Boalouis (Boa + King Louis XIII(? I can't remember the exact number), the French King who constructed and lived in the Palace of Versailles)
Daikenki: Samuleo (Samurai + leo [Latin for 'lion'], distantly referencing 'sealion')
'Embuoh': Emboar (because the name is just begging for a direct Romanization)
Hahakomori: Maidinesct (Maiden + insect) or Seamstrect (Seamstress + insect)
Monmen: Cottolamb (Cotton + lamb)
Erufuun: Cottofaun (Cotton + faun [from mythology]) or Cottopan (Cotton + Pan [the faun from mythology])
Kojofuu: Karaferret (Karate + ferret, seeing that Kojofuu's name included a play on words for the Japanese word for 'ermine', and ferrets and ermines are both in the weasel family)
Kojondo: Karalash (Karate + Lash, referencing the furry whips on its paws)
Kirikizan: Batman (Dark + Knight) Stemplarel ([Knight] Templar between steel) or Templarang (Templar + gang)
Sazandora: Hydracon (Hyrda [from mythology] + draco [Latin for 'dragon'] + n)

Grei
8th January 2011, 11:09 PM
I still like Shoalgun (Shoal + Shogun) for Daikenki. I hope it is named like that.

I could see it:

Oshawott -> Warriott -> Shoalgun. Warriott and Shoalgun are my favorite fan-names for Futachimaru and Daikenki as of yet. If you wanted to keep the "-ott" thing, maybe Daikenki could be "Shoalott" or "Samurott" or something similar.

Lorde
8th January 2011, 11:18 PM
I still like Shoalgun (Shoal + Shogun) for Daikenki. I hope it is named like that.

I could see it:

Oshawott -> Warriott -> Shoalgun. Warriott and Shoalgun are my favorite fan-names for Futachimaru and Daikenki as of yet. If you wanted to keep the "-ott" thing, maybe Daikenki could be "Shoalott" or "Samurott" or something similar.

Something tells me that they aren't going to go with a name that contains the word "gun" in it. I don't know, it's just a feeling I'm getting. I like Warriott for Futachimaru a whole lot more though. Samurott has a nice ring to it too, but I like Warriott since it isn't as specific as the former. I really hope that they keep the "-ott" thing in the names of Oshawott's evolutions. While it's a clear reference to the word "otter", it also sounds really cute :3

Grei
8th January 2011, 11:48 PM
Something tells me that they aren't going to go with a name that contains the word "gun" in it. I don't know, it's just a feeling I'm getting. I like Warriott for Futachimaru a whole lot more though. Samurott has a nice ring to it too, but I like Warriott since it isn't as specific as the former. I really hope that they keep the "-ott" thing in the names of Oshawott's evolutions. While it's a clear reference to the word "otter", it also sounds really cute :3

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think it'd be a problem. It'd be a problem if the "gun" part of it was actually derived from the word "gun." In this case, it's from the word Shogun.

*is biased towards Shoalgun*

I can't think of anything else for Daikenki besides Samurott at the moment... there has to be something better, although I wouldn't mind if that was the name (even though I don't think it encapsulates Daikenki as well as a name could).

Sabonea_Masukippa
9th January 2011, 12:12 AM

Something tells me that they aren't going to go with a name that contains the word "gun" in it.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think it'd be a problem. It'd be a problem if the "gun" part of it was actually derived from the word "gun." In this case, it's from the word Shogun.

*is biased towards Shoalgun*

There is no way I can see NoA approving a starters' name that included the word 'gun' in any way, shape, or form. It's an awesome name, in my opinion, it's just not going to happen.

I can't think of anything else for Daikenki besides Samurott at the moment...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Samurott.

On Futachimaru, remember that it's Japanese names is a combination of two and shell and '-maru' which is a very traditional suffix for boy's names and means ''round/circle.'
Knowing that, I thought of the name Duott (duo + otter) but it looks a little short and 'ugly' so if they were to go that route hopefully they'd do some 'ocean/osha' spelling variation. Maybe like Duwott. idk.

Luxrayess
9th January 2011, 1:20 AM
On Futachimaru, remember that it's Japanese names is a combination of two and shell and '-maru' which is a very traditional suffix for boy's names and means ''round/circle.'
Knowing that, I thought of the name Duott (duo + otter) but it looks a little short and 'ugly' so if they were to go that route hopefully they'd do some 'ocean/osha' spelling variation. Maybe like Duwott. idk.

Just because there are certain meanings mixed in the Japanese name doesn't mean the NoA will use words with the same meaning when they bestow its English name. They might take it into consideration, certainly, but nothing's binding them to make a literal or semi-literal translation of the name.

SasakiThePikachu
9th January 2011, 1:24 AM
There is no way I can see NoA approving a starters' name that included the word 'gun' in any way, shape, or form. It's an awesome name, in my opinion, it's just not going to happen.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Samurott.

On Futachimaru, remember that it's Japanese names is a combination of two and shell and '-maru' which is a very traditional suffix for boy's names and means ''round/circle.' Knowing that, I thought of the name Duott (duo + otter) but it looks a little short and 'ugly' so if they were to go that route hopefully they'd do some 'ocean/osha' spelling variation. Maybe like Duwott. idk.

It's also a common suffix for samurai names (Amidamaru from Shaman King being the first that comes to mind lol), so yeah, it all fits :)

I adore those 2 fan names and that's saying a lot, because I usually hate fan names (sorry, no offense everyone coming up with them, because a lot of people here are genuinely creative) but you're right - Ninty are never gonna let a poke get through with the 'gun' in its name. That'd just be waving a red flag to the morons out there who bemoan the supposed evil influence of pokemon on children. Let's not give them fuel, people. It's not like they need it.

Has anyone else heard the rumours that Ninty are about to announce a March 4th release date for Europe? It's highly unlikely we brits will get it two days before the yanks, but omg if we do, I'll never have felt more patriotic lol. I remain sceptical but hopeful until further confirmation :D

Luxrayess
9th January 2011, 2:07 AM
Has anyone else heard the rumours that Ninty are about to announce a March 4th release date for Europe? It's highly unlikely we brits will get it two days before the yanks, but omg if we do, I'll never have felt more patriotic lol. I remain sceptical but hopeful until further confirmation :D

Meh, that sounds too close to the US release date to be true, but if it is, then I guess that's very good news for the UK, France, Germany, and all of those other citizens of European countries that play Pokemon.

Honestly, I should be the one feeling patriotic right now, considering that (it's old news now, but hey...) Unova's the first region based off of an area in the United States (New York City), not to mention anywhere else outside of Japan.

On that topic, people are thinking that they are going to use more areas based in the USA for future games, but personally, I think that they just might globe trot and start basing new regions on renouned cities all across the globe. I remember when I took a vacation to London last summer and asked some people about what they knew about the US, pretty much the only areas the native Brits were knowlegable about was the metropolitan East Coast (especially NYC) and California. (I guess it's universal that people tend to learn a lot more about geography inside of thier own country than internationally.) I reckon the extent of geographic intrest of the US in Japan isn't that much more expansive.

Any speculations that the next region is based in London or Paris, anyone?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe this topic is best suited for the B&W Disussion thread...

Sabonea_Masukippa
9th January 2011, 2:36 AM
Just because there are certain meanings mixed in the Japanese name doesn't mean the NoA will use words with the same meaning when they bestow its English name. They might take it into consideration, certainly, but nothing's binding them to make a literal or semi-literal translation of the name.

Yes, I know this. I was just saying, the 'two' meaning of Futachimaru's name is not something I've seen explored yet as part of a possible English name, which is why brought it up.

Dracoste
9th January 2011, 3:15 AM
Has anyone else heard the rumours that Ninty are about to announce a March 4th release date for Europe?
I've heard it...It's really imm...uhh, I mean, unlikely that Europe gets it before America. Also, America's release date was 6th March, if the release date for the EU was 4th March, wouldn't it already be revealed?

Around 18th March sounds like a possible date to me, not long, not directly after the US date. I hope of course for earlier, but we'll see. It will be revealed in a couple of days, so we just have to wait until we know the date for how long we must wait.

RedJirachi
9th January 2011, 5:36 AM
Here are some American name predictions
Buffalon-Bulafron(Bull+afro)
Monozu-Cranigon(Cranium+dragon)
Jiheddo-Biranium(Bi+cranium)
Sazandora-Triagon(Tri+dragon)
Gobitto-Golite(Golem+light(since its the pre-evo of Goruugo))
Goruugu-Golobot(Golem+robot)
Komatana-Nitade(Knight(disregarding the silent k)+blade)
Kirikizan-Nitord(Knight+sword)
Pururiru-Jeleir(Jelly+heir)
Burungel-Monally(Monarch+jelly)

LimeStar
9th January 2011, 6:00 AM
I think it would be cool if Pururiru and Burungeru kept their Japanese names, but had them anglicized as Pururil and Burungel.
What would make this cooler is if they then added that the females would be Pururille and Burungelle, like a feminine version of the name.

aggronFTW
9th January 2011, 10:24 AM
I thought up some names for the flying fossils,

Aaken- Archian (ARCHeology and avIAN)
Archeos- Rocktor (ROCK and rapTOR)

BW202
9th January 2011, 10:50 AM
Here's some ideas:

Minezumi - Visumunk Visual + Chipmunk
Miruhog - Leerkat Leer + Meerkat
Lepardas - Maleopard? Malice + Leopard
Otamaro - Tadpulse Tadpole + Pulse
Gamagaru - Vibratoad Vibrate + Toad
Fushide - Toxipede Toxic + Centipede
Pendra - Gigapede Giga + Centipede
Monmen - Fluffloat (Imagine it saying this in the anime XD)
Waruvile - Wickedile Wicked + Crocodile
Waruvial - Crocodoom Crocodile + Doom (Not my idea)
Marakacchi - Maractus Maraca + Cactus
Desukaan - Tutankoffin Tutanknamun + Coffin
Tamagetake - Shroomini Mushroom + Mini (Warning: Consumption will cause hallucinations)
Morobareru - Shroomega Mushroom + Mega
Banchuru - Statick Static + Tick
Goruugu - Polterbot Poltergeist + Robot

Zhanton
9th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Minezumi - Visumunk Visual + Chipmunk
Miruhog - Leerkat Leer + Meerkat
Lepardas - Maleopard? Malice + Leopard
Otamaro - Tadpulse Tadpole + Pulse
Gamagaru - Vibratoad Vibrate + Toad
Fushide - Toxipede Toxic + Centipede
Pendra - Gigapede Giga + Centipede
Monmen - Fluffloat (Imagine it saying this in the anime XD)
Waruvile - Wickedile Wicked + Crocodile
Waruvial - Crocodoom Crocodile + Doom (Not my idea)
Marakacchi - Maractus Maraca + Cactus
Desukaan - Tutankoffin Tutanknamun + Coffin
Tamagetake - Shroomini Mushroom + Mini (Warning: Consumption will cause hallucinations)
Morobareru - Shroomega Mushroom + Mega
Banchuru - Statick Static + Tick
Goruugu - Polterbot Poltergeist + Robot

Your names are pretty cool. I believe we've heard Leerkat and Tadpulse before, but I love Vibratoad and Polterbot. Fluffoat would definitely sound absolutely adorable in the anime :]

I propose Krocodune for Waruvile [middle evolution in the Sandile line]

Lorde
9th January 2011, 12:23 PM
I think it would be cool if Pururiru and Burungeru kept their Japanese names, but had them anglicized as Pururil and Burungel.
What would make this cooler is if they then added that the females would be Pururille and Burungelle, like a feminine version of the name.

What does the name Pururiru mean though? I can't find much information on the origin of its Japanese name. Anyway, I'd like the names for Pururiru and Burungel to remain the same; I'm just curious about the origin of the former's name, that's all. I don't think that they'll give the female Pururiru and Burungel, specific names though. After all, they're still considered to be Pururiru/Burungel, despite the gender differences. Also, I just now realized that they're based heavily on jellyfish. I thought they were squids of some kind before. FFFFFUUU-

Dracoste
9th January 2011, 1:16 PM
Wow, yay, they're going to give a Zoroark over Wi-Fi. So for people that can't go to those in-real-life events can then download it over Wi-Fi! And it has even a (current)special move(it's not a great move, but still).

Munchy
9th January 2011, 1:23 PM
I'm really bad at coming up with names but I really like the ones you've made up, especially Leerkat and Tadpulse. Warriott sounds awesome too, I'm hoping that goes to Daikenki. Futachimaru could be something the lines of Otterai (otter + samurai) or Wotterai if there's a "wott"-theme going on. Buffalon will probably have a connection with the afro it has, but "Buffro" sounds kinda bad, hmm. Anyway, can't wait to see more names revealed!

Missingno. Master
9th January 2011, 2:48 PM
Buffalon: Affrolo
Futachimaru: Shelldos
Daikenki: Shelmurai
Minezumi: Searchrat
Miruhog: Lytehog
Otamaru: Tadpulse
Gamagaru: Vibracroak
Gamageroge: Deciblast
Nageki: Judred
Dageki: Karablu
Basurao: Piranate
Waruvile: Sandare
Warubiaru: Sandoom
Darumakka: Blazitan
Marakacchi: Maractus
Zuruggu: Trousneak
Zuruzukin: Gangpants
Tesshido: Thornorb
Nattorei: Vynespike
Gigear: Klang
Gigigear: Klatter
Kibago: Kidrago
Monozu: Draguno
Jiheddo: Dosgon
Sazandra: Tridra

PokemonTrainerKaden
9th January 2011, 8:40 PM
Will Americans be able to download the Zoroark with Bark Out off of wifi from March 6th to March 14th or will we have to wait for the english event?

Porygandrew
9th January 2011, 8:54 PM
Anyone else notice Daikenki totally looks like Jinouga from Monster Hunter 3?

Dracoste
9th January 2011, 9:08 PM
Will Americans be able to download the Zoroark with Bark Out off of wifi from March 6th to March 14th or will we have to wait for the english event?

It's now an Japanese only Wi-Fi event, we will get the same event(hopefully), but only later.

PokemonTrainerKaden
9th January 2011, 9:18 PM
It's now an Japanese only Wi-Fi event, we will get the same event(hopefully), but only latter.

Ok Thank You.

R_N
9th January 2011, 9:22 PM
Anyone else notice Daikenki totally looks like Jinouga from Monster Hunter 3?

In that it is a quadreped (with a completely different stance and leg layout) with a hornish helmet (that looks completely different), yes.

Chibi_Muffin
9th January 2011, 9:32 PM
My theoretical names again, since I think people missed them. =]

Sazandra - Hydrark (Hydra and Dark) (similar to one of celebitrainer's)
Burungel - Auroyale (Aurelia (moon jellyfish) and royal)
Ranculus - Gelculus (Gel and homunculus)
Bivanilla - Vanillice (Vanilla and ice)
Embouh - Scorchog (Scorch and warthog)
Meraruba - Warmoth (Warm and moth)
Yanakkie - Chimsage (Chimp and sage)
Boakkie - Chimsear (" and sear)
Hiyakkie - Chimpour (" and pour)
Shandera - Phantolier (Phantom and chandelier)
Erufuun - Elfluff (Elf and fluff)

I tried hard on these, so please give your opinions! =]

M_M, yours are pretty good. LOL Gangpants. Let's face it, anything with 'pants' in it is infinitely funnier in the UK. XD

One question: Where does the 'hog' in Miruhog come from? It doesn't look like a pig to me. =/

Fingers crossed more B/W info comes tomorrow. I'm hoping for Bel, Cheren and Ranculus. =]

s2daam
9th January 2011, 9:45 PM
Well, it's Monday tomorrow, and it has now been 2 weeks since it updated.. which will possibly mean some new English names :D

I'm thinking the pokemon to get their english names revealed are...

- Kibago
- Koromori
- Minezumi
- Rankurusu (or pre-evo's)
- Gochiruzeru (or pre-evo's)

They are the contenders for me.. just going off the Japanese revealed poke's... also, probably Cheren/Bel's names..

BW202
9th January 2011, 9:46 PM
Your names are pretty cool. I believe we've heard Leerkat and Tadpulse before, but I love Vibratoad and Polterbot. Fluffoat would definitely sound absolutely adorable in the anime :]

I propose Krocodune for Waruvile [middle evolution in the Sandile line]

Gracias XD

I think you might've heard Tadpulse from me, I haven't seen the idea pitched aside from by me. I got Leerkat from Squirleer, a name from someone else. I thought he looks more like a Meerkat from the way he stands and I liked the sound of leer in the name so I combined them. I wish I could think of a name for Gameragorge, that line is one of my favorites. I can only think of Amphibiquake. I like it but sadly it is too long :(

Dr. Leggs
9th January 2011, 9:56 PM
My theological names again, since I think people missed them. =]
I assume you mean 'theoretical'?

One question: Where does the 'hog' in Miruhog come from? It doesn't look like a pig to me. =/

Comes from groundhog, one of the bases of Miruhog's design.

I'm very much hoping we'll get more information tomorrow, I'm loving the English names so far. Not a fan of fan-names at all, though...

So, has anyone else begun to warm up to Pokemon you initially disliked intensely? Been feeling that a bit recently... Begun to like Waruvile/Waruvial more, especially looking at their 'criminal' inspiration, which I think is pretty funny. I really could not stand Zuruggu/Zuruzukin at first but they've quickly become some of my favourite Pokemon of all time.

Chillaccino and the Vanipeti line are also looking a lot better in my eyes now, as has the Klink line.

And I now find myself really liking the entire Flying trio, especially Tornelos and Landlos. Terrakion has warmed up to me a bit as well.

Though there are also still Pokemon I haven't warmed up to at all; the overly-humanoid (in my opinion) of Nageki and Dageki are still a bit unsettling. Hiyakkie and Tabunne still aggravate me for whatever reason. Otamaro's line still puts me off a fair bit, as does Vulchai for whatever reason. And I can't bring myself to like Cobaluon or Virizion yet.

Anyone else have thoughts in this vein?

R_N
9th January 2011, 10:24 PM
I still don't care for Chillaccino. I like the idea, but I don't know it just seems like there's a bit too much. You've got some sort of tail, two scarves from the ears, and then one other that seemed to grow from the neck. None of it really flows all that well and it seems a bit too posed (which I guess is the idea). Perhaps if the body was a little more different than Minccino or it was on all fours.
Likewise, Hiyakkie still bugs me and I've already gone into detail abotu Otamaro and it's evolution.

I've really grown to like Vultina as of late, especially after seeing its TCG artwork. Very nice. I'm also okay with Maggyo now.

Grei
9th January 2011, 10:48 PM
So, has anyone else begun to warm up to Pokemon you initially disliked intensely?

Yeah. Isn't it funny that the ones you dislike initially become some of your biggest favorites?

For me, I really wasn't a huge fan of Gobitto or Goruugu. I thought they were sort of dumb, but now I'm considering getting White simply so that I can catch one in-game, because I want to use it so badly. Daikenki was another Pokemon I hated but now adore. I was dead-set on keeping Futachimaru from evolving in my future game (I would just give it that stone that ups its defenses), but eventually I warmed to Daikenki.

I actually disliked Zoroark at first. I thought it was too gimmicky, but I like it now. Although, that may be because I actually have the event Pokemon to access the Zoroark now.

Lesse... the Otamaro line. I mean, I still don't like Otamaro very much, but Gamagaru and Gamageroge are now cool with me. I hated them before but for some reason I just sort of like them now.

Doredia. I thought it was the pansiest thing ever. Well, it still sort of is, but I've grown to love her so much. She's beating out early Grass-type favorites like Mebukijika and Jalorda, that's for sure (but only beating out the latter by a little).

Shinbora. Awesome bird, hated it at first.

Klink and its line. I never really disliked them, but over time I've actually realized how cool the line is. I like it now.

Some Pokemon have gone the opposite way, though. I wanted to use a Doryuuzu in my run-through of Black/White, but now I'm not so sure. I really liked the thing until recently when I've seen that there are a number of other options that I like more (even if Doryuuzu's like a 5th Gen Lucario). Same with Sandile. I liked the line before, but now its sort of boring to me. The Pansage line is in the same boat as Sandile and Doryuuzu.

Dracoste
9th January 2011, 10:52 PM
I had a little problem with the Klink line and the genie trio. I got used to the Klink line when I released that the idea is pretty creative, from a simple machine that evolves into a complex one.

I got used to the genie trio when I heard that they move differently, so that their stationary pose doesn't really matters.

I also didn't like the Komatana line, I first though it was just a power ranger copy, but now I'm think about to use it. I also really like their Dex entry.
And I also like to compete my pokémon towards someone else pokémon, like I did with Floatzel, I used her against Wake's floatzel and Barry's Floatzel, just to see which one is stronger. So, I'm gonna send out mine Kirikizan when Giima is sending his out.

R_N
9th January 2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah. Isn't it funny that the ones you dislike initially become some of your biggest favorites?

For me, I really wasn't a huge fan of Gobitto or Goruugu. I thought they were sort of dumb, but now I'm considering getting White simply so that I can catch one in-game, because I want to use it so badly.

You do know Gobitto isn't version exclusive, right?

Dr. Leggs
9th January 2011, 11:04 PM
I agree with you, Snowyarticuno, on Chillaccino; all its scarves/furs weaving in an out make it sorta difficult to see what's going on with it.

As far as Klink goes, the progressive evolutions not gaining very much kind of irked me at first. But my love for mechanics and simple machines got the best of me, and I think it's a really cool idea now. I really liked Doryuuzu and Chandelar at first as well, and I still really love the latter, but I've decided I don't want to use them in my in-game team because their immense power would make it a little too easy for me, I suppose. Rohbushin's in the same boat.

SasakiThePikachu
9th January 2011, 11:47 PM
I didn't like the Vani line, and still don't, but their wierdly excellent stats and movepool make me hungry for them. (Erm, pun not intended.) That, and I NEVER use ice types, so it'd be a nice change from a water type equipped with ice beam/blizzard xD

I didn't like any of the monkeys on first view, but now can't wait to get Hiyakkie on my team. I'm soft resetting for a girl.

Mamepato (sorry, Pidove) I also hated, as well as that freaky-butt pink mask thing its evolution has going on, but when I saw the female, I fell in love. She reminds me of a pheasant :D very pretty and classy, I want one now...

On the other hand, I was in love with Bachura/Denchura on first view (the cuteness of the former made me gurgle xD) but now I'm less wowed by them , and have replaced their future spot on my team with Meraruba/Ulgamoth. Them's the breaks, buggy...

Lorde
10th January 2011, 12:03 AM
Wow, yay, they're going to give a Zoroark over Wi-Fi. So for people that can't go to those in-real-life events can then download it over Wi-Fi! And it has even a (current)special move(it's not a great move, but still).

Yeah I heard about that a while ago. I didn't believe it at first but it looks like Zoroark will be distributed via Wi-Fi. I figure it'll be helpful to some people who have had trouble getting their hands on the Zorua or the other Zoroark from Black/White. I'm going to try and stock up on these Zoroark so that I can trade them out later on when people have the English versions of the games. They can just use this one to breed themselves a Zorua (maybe even a Shiny one. Ohh!).

Grei
10th January 2011, 12:14 AM
You do know Gobitto isn't version exclusive, right?

Oh, right. I actually realized that it wasn't earlier but promptly forgot what I had realized. ._. Thanks for reminding me.

Nevertheless, I'm still considering White over Black since its exclusive Unova Pokemon are all better than Black's.

But anyway. I also agree on Chillachino. I love Minccino, but Chillachino just looks bizarre. The scarves just look tacked on and not actually a part of its design--like a Minccino that fell into a vat of marshmallow. Its too weird.

Minccino's the only Pokemon I can really say "Wow GF. That's laziness" at. I find it to be a little pathetic.

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 12:45 AM
Minccino's the only Pokemon I can really say "Wow GF. That's laziness" at. I find it to be a little pathetic.

The idea GF went with Minccino and it's evo(if I remeber it correctly) was that they didn't want to make Minccino much bigger when it evolves, instead they wanted to make it more classy/cuter.

I really like Chillaccino, it's so fluffy and cute and Awww, I'm going to use it in my first adventure through Unova. Well, everyone has their own taste, can't like them all, right.

Wallaroo42
10th January 2011, 12:52 AM
Oshawott. For sure. When they first released the starters I HATED that thing. While it's still my least favorite of the 5th gen starters the anime and futachimaru made me warm up to this little guy a lot. He's so cute in the anime.

I also thought rankurusu and gochi were dreadful upon first release. I'm still not overly thrilled with them but I'm ok with them now...

Grei
10th January 2011, 1:35 AM
The idea GF went with Minccino and it's evo(if I remeber it correctly) was that they didn't want to make Minccino much bigger when it evolves, instead they wanted to make it more classy/cuter.

I really like Chillaccino, it's so fluffy and cute and Awww, I'm going to use it in my first adventure through Unova. Well, everyone has their own taste, can't like them all, right.

Is that what they said? If that's the case, I suppose that justifies it.

Another reason why I don't like it much is that the scarves just look so awkward. It looks like moving around with any sort of speed is a challenge now.

tmega90
10th January 2011, 2:08 AM
One Pokemon I didn't like at first was Klink. I thought it was boring. But now I really like it!

R_N
10th January 2011, 3:16 AM
Although I may not care for the design, Chillaccino seems like it would be really fun to use.

BW202
10th January 2011, 4:37 AM
If new names are revealed tomorrow I'm guessing they will keep to the Japan releases. If that's the case we should expect Ononokus, Denchura, Desukan, Doryuuzu, Moguryu, possibly and a possible random release like Gigilith. This would be plausible right?

Grei
10th January 2011, 4:45 AM
If new names are revealed tomorrow I'm guessing they will keep to the Japan releases. If that's the case we should expect Ononokus, Denchura, Desukan, Doryuuzu, Moguryu, possibly and a possible random release like Gigilith. This would be plausible right?

Well, these Pokemon weren't intially revealed officially through the site, but instead through video previews. I don't think we'll see them officially revealed until later on, although it'd be nice for them to be revealed sooner.

R_N
10th January 2011, 5:10 AM
Well, these Pokemon weren't intially revealed officially through the site, but instead through video previews. I don't think we'll see them officially revealed until later on, although it'd be nice for them to be revealed sooner.

Let's see...We've gotten the June CoroCoro batch, so next up we should get the July bunch.
So that would be Rankurusu, Gochimerizeru, Kibago, Koromori, Musharna, Minezumi, and Wargle. Since NoA also, somewhat randomly, revealed Gigalith we may even get an "extra" one or two (perhaps the proper unveiling of Pansage?)
I really hope they show off Gochi because I would like a Pokemon without a dozen romanizations that I can't spell.

If they stay steady with the corocoro, we should also get "new info" on Triple battles,the Global Link & Dream World, Cheren, Belle, Mokomo, the Live caster, and possibly version exclusives.
If we get super lucky, they may announce the Eeveeloution Dream event.

edit: So out of curiosity, I checked ahead a little.
Viktini was officially unveiled on Pokemon Sunday between CoroCoros.

The demo also started, with the pamphlet showing us Emonga, Gigalith. The demo showed us Darumakka, Basurao, and Tabunne.

August CoroCoro officially unveiled: Miruhoggu, Mamanbou, Moguryu, Kurumiru (SO MANY O AND Us GEEZ), Shikijika, Swana, and Gigalith. In addition, they showed off Viktini some more. The issue also showcased Team Plasma (whom we've already had revealed), Dento (he had been shown before for the anime, but this was his first appearence in-game), Aloe, Pokemon Musicals, Miracle Shooter, Seasons, Rotation battles, Battle Subway and Double Wild Battles.

Sabonea_Masukippa
10th January 2011, 1:29 PM
So you guys hear? Europe's getting it on the fourth. Surprise. :D

Kreis
10th January 2011, 1:45 PM
Good for Europe; it's about time.

Cobalt_Latios
10th January 2011, 1:46 PM
My reaction: "Now, quit saying it takes you guys forever to get things!"

Eh, 2 days is no big deal. But I am glad that they're getting the games around the same time as NA.

C_L

Rentaline99
10th January 2011, 1:49 PM
Not surprised on this side.

Will-powered Spriter
10th January 2011, 1:59 PM
Yeah, the unlikely release date is real!

Now if the next Kirby game and the next Smash bros game are also fairly dated for Europe, I will be happy. Curse you spring-release Epic Yarn!

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 5:14 PM
*tears of happines ;v;*

For the last few weeks I was saying to everyone who though it was on the 4th:
"America's release date was 6th March, if the release date for the EU was 4th March, wouldn't it already be revealed?"

HahaXD, looks I was wrong^-^'. Looks like logic lost this round.

Tf5174
10th January 2011, 5:29 PM
Wow only two days but people will get there hands on the game a week or two before the release date anyways.

Chibi_Muffin
10th January 2011, 6:18 PM
THE FOURTH OF MARCH?! =D

TBH, it's not getting it before the Americans that excites me, it's having less time to wait. XD

aggronFTW
10th January 2011, 6:19 PM
I definitely wasnt sad enough to work out that thats 53 days away....

Because it's quite soon, do you think maybe that they'll start releasing pokemon and characters names at a little bit of a faster rate than they are now, like maybe a few new ones every week?

Missingno. Master
10th January 2011, 6:35 PM
Because it's quite soon, do you think maybe that they'll start releasing pokemon and characters names at a little bit of a faster rate than they are now, like maybe a few new ones every week?

One can only hope. Right now I just want them to reveal some names today! It's been 2 weeks already, and do you have any idea how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?

Last minute predictions:
Wargle: Amerigle (America+eagle)
Kibago: Kidrago (kid+dragon; as a bonus, looks like teh Japanese name)
Gothiruselle: Shemo (she+emo)
Ranculus: Jellofloat (Jell-O+float)
Minezumi: Searchrat (search+rat)
Koromori: Psybat (psychic+bat)
Musharna: Musharna (same as Japanese name)
Basslao: Piranate (piranha+pirate)

Aurath8
10th January 2011, 6:37 PM

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/209/6/2/Whaaaat___by_soRaPoiSoN.jpg

Whaaat?! Europe was prioritised over the states? All I have to say is:

HA!!!
Take that Americans! Wooh!

R_N
10th January 2011, 6:41 PM

HA!!!

You can start "HA!!!!"ing only when this becomes consistent

But good for Europe, this is like the only bone they've gotten in years.

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 6:41 PM
One can only hope. Right now I just want them to reveal some names today! It's been 2 weeks already, and do you have any idea how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?

They didn't updated the site yet with the known 4th March EU release date, so they could update it today with new Pokémon names!

R_N
10th January 2011, 6:44 PM
In other news
http://www.pokesho.com/img_trash/101228_5.jpg

Chibi_Muffin
10th January 2011, 6:50 PM

HA!!!

LOL, Pokéfanatic Minion. XD

Fingers crossed for new info. Pleease, come soon. I WANT TO KNOW RANCULUS' ENGLISH NAME DARNIT!!!! XD

@ Snowyarticuno, yay Daikenki sword. I've grown used to Daikenki. I imagine him as a 'bruiser' type. And Embouh. Though in my mind, Jalorda is just snarky. And has a stereotypical British accent. @_@; And a forked tongue...?

I just realised that because we are GETTING THE GAME EARLY, I won't know the English names for some Pokémon (e.g. starter evos, Uniran, the monkey evos) until I've started playing it.

And we must be able to preorder it soon too, now we know the release date. Yay... wait, WHERE'S OUR CELEBI DARNIT?!

Aurath8
10th January 2011, 6:54 PM
In other news

This.

So Daikenki not only has a huge shell to stab stuff with, but it has two hidden swords that grow to the size of an ironing board.
They should give other starters some weaponry. Give Jalorda some neurotoxin arrows and give Emboar a light machine gun with flaming ammunition.
Sometimes you wonder why gamefreak doesn't listen to fan suggestions, it'd be awesome.

Dr. Leggs
10th January 2011, 6:57 PM
Well, well. That's certainly very interesting... Looks like I was wrong!

And yes, I'm really wanting some new info today. ;~;

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 6:57 PM
They updated the Pok&#233;mon site, only with the date, no new pok&#233;mon now-_-...hopefully later today.

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-gb/#

Sponge
10th January 2011, 7:06 PM
I had a strong feeling it would be March 4th (In fact I'd probably go as far as saying I expected it to be March 4th after I saw the calender), it just all seemed to match up somehow.

I'd like to see Rankurusu/Desukan and Gochiruzeru revealed today. I bet if it's any of them it'll probably be the three monkeys though.

R_N
10th January 2011, 7:24 PM
The thing I find amusing about his shell sword is that in all the interviews, they make a point of saying the sword was a katana.

But all the merchandise shows it as either a thick knife/short sword or a broadsword.

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 7:38 PM
I think because of that sword of Daikenki, more people are choosing Oshawott as starter.

I'm also choosing Oshawott as starter for Black, the reason for that is because I like Jalorda much more than Daikenki. That's why I'm waiting to choose Snivy until "Gray" is out, Last best, right. That's the same reason why I'm not going to use Kojondo in my walkthrough in Black.

R_N
10th January 2011, 8:05 PM
I'm choosing Oshawott because he was always the underdog, and also because I like him the best of the three. Little guy has grown on me so much.

I have something special planned for the next version I buy

Wallaroo42
10th January 2011, 8:15 PM
Yeah, the samurai theme has helped the otter line grow a lot of popularity.

I personally choosing Tepig. I loved that thing from the beginning and the typing doesn't really bother me. So many people bring the hate on this poor guy but his evo is badass

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 8:19 PM
I have something special planned for the next version I buy

My other "special" for "Gray" will be that I'm planning on using Zorua/Zoroark in my walktrough.

Cause I'm planning to use the (most)Pokémon I like the most in the third version, I can give other Pokémon also a change to apear in my team.

R_N
10th January 2011, 8:34 PM
My other "special" for "Gray" will be that I'm planning on using Zorua/Zoroark in my walktrough.

Cause I'm planning to use the (most)Pokémon I like the most in the third version, I can give other Pokémon also a change to apear in my team.
I don't think I could wait to use Rankurursu or Kokoromori for so long

The plan right now is to make it a super scramble challenge, because there are simply too many Pokemon I want to use.
But it's still a ways off

Mario with Lasers
10th January 2011, 8:42 PM
Rankurusu and Daikenki being mentioned on the same page.

*u-turns the hell out*

Chibi_Muffin
10th January 2011, 8:47 PM
My goal in Black is to have a massive team. EVERY Pok&#233;mon I catch, I will train, so by the time I get to the E4 I should have 20-something lv 50 fully evolved Pok&#233;mon. I will train the ones that evolve later (Vulxina, Sazandra), or use the daycare and Rare Candies, still counts. Legendaries and any possible shinies do not count, but gift Pok&#233;mon do. No HM slaves. All my Pok&#233;mon planned in advance - I know which ones I want, and I'm sticking to them.

I'm not gonna get Grey. Black is the only Unova game I need. No special features required for me. I don't want to wait for my favourites - I feel I've waited long enough. =]

I'm starting with Snivy. Fell in love with the thing when I saw its SILHOUETTE, for crying out loud. My brother's going with Oshawott. This is gonna be fun~.

...And no preordering or new names yet. Shame. =[

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 8:52 PM
...And no preordering or new names yet. Shame. =[

Indeed, Europe mostly can't pre-order it via the site. I think you could pre-order them in your store, a friend of mine saw some people pre-ordering the
games when she went to the store.

Edit:Poor Australia, have yet again to wait the longest.

Missingno. Master
10th January 2011, 9:21 PM
Names... Need... Names... AAAUGH! I can't TAKE it! The suspense is killing me! I need new Pokemon names! Even if they just reveal that Musharna's name doesn't change or something, anything's better than nothing! I've waited two whole freakin' weeks for more information, and do you have any concept of how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?!?!

That sound you hear is nine trillion crazed Pokemon fans agreeing with me.

Adrexus
10th January 2011, 9:35 PM
Names... Need... Names... AAAUGH! I can't TAKE it! The suspense is killing me! I need new Pokemon names! Even if they just reveal that Musharna's name doesn't change or something, anything's better than nothing! I've waited two whole freakin' weeks for more information, and do you have any concept of how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?!?!

That sound you hear is nine trillion crazed Pokemon fans agreeing with me.

Indeed, I feel your pain sir. Everyday just monitoring the main site for something new. I just wonder if they're going to wait until the games actually come out before the rest of the names are released. I certainly hope not, because i'm itching to learn Rankurusu's and Denchura's english names.

Zhanton
10th January 2011, 10:00 PM
Yeshhh release dates revealed :D Meh, I don't mind the extra few days wait for us Australians; I'm just happy for the Europeans as they always get the games last.

Edit:Poor Australia, have yet again to wait the longest.
Actually, IIRC we got Diamond about a month before Europe, and HGSS a few days before Europe too.

Dracoste
10th January 2011, 10:10 PM
Actually, IIRC we got Diamond about a month before Europe, and HGSS a few days before Europe too.

Oh, ok then, didn't knew that.

I wonder when they reveal the next batch of names, tomorow, next week, 2 weeks!?

*sigh* 53 days. Well, we waited a half year, 53 days won't be that long then...

SasakiThePikachu
10th January 2011, 10:15 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I LOVE it when rumours are true!!! :D

*clears throat*

So, good news for us british chaps, eh what? :D

Oh, seriously, I want to grab my DS and run down the street screaming 'WOOPWOOP!', I'm so bloody excited now (well, that's an exaggeration, but it's tempting). Just...wow.

What makes this all the more beautiful for me is that it was March 5th 2001 when I first (ever) beat the pokemon league...meaning it'll be exactly the tenth anniversary of my first league-beat when i play the all new gen! Oh my god, I have tears in my eyes.

Lorde
10th January 2011, 11:19 PM
I'm not impressed with Daikenki's sword to be honest. I saw images of it holding a sword months ago and it looked cool then, but the effect was worn off (plus I've used Daikenki for months, so I've grown sort of bored with it). I'm more interested in seeing how the other Pokemon like Jalorda and Chaoboo's evolved form will fight in the manga or in the anime. I guess Jalorda can coil around its opponents and suffocate them into submission, but I hope it has another trick up its sleeve. Chaoboo's evolved form would look cool with a sword too, or some other type of weapon.

EDIT: Europe is getting the games before America? That's neat, I guess. Korea got HG/SS before America last year, so things look to be shifting.

Dr. Leggs
10th January 2011, 11:42 PM
Jalorda can utilize vines like Snivy (and most likely Janovy), but aside from that I'm unsure as to what they would offer.

s2daam
10th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Seeming no english names were revealed today.. I would think next week, or possibly the week after we will see some new names!

I'm loving this UK release date! Hopefully the anime starts the same day :D

Sponge
11th January 2011, 12:00 AM
[B]BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
So, good news for us british chaps, eh what? :D

and French chaps, and Portuguese chaps, and Irish chaps, and Spanish chaps, and Italian chaps, and German chaps, and Dutch chaps. e.g European Chaps.

Sorry, it just gets my goat when people talk as if the Uk is the only country in Europe. :/ It always seems to be the case any time people are talking about the European release it get's turned into the Uk release....

It really is great though, even though it's just two days it's still a nice little bonus to get it a little while before America.

tmega90
11th January 2011, 12:01 AM
I am choosing Oshawott because it is my favorite out of the starters. I like all of its forms. It is even my favorite Pokemon now.

Dr. Leggs
11th January 2011, 12:08 AM
Sorry, it just gets my goat when people talk as if the Uk is the only country in Europe. :/ It always seems to be the case any time people are talking about the European release it get's turned into the Uk release....

He said nothing that implied any such thing.
It's totally appropriate to say 'us British chaps' if he's British, as much as it is 'us American folks' for an NA release. Not neglecting anybody or putting them out.

SharpedoSteve
11th January 2011, 12:24 AM
Sooooo Black and White DO come out in England on my Birthday XD AMAZING!

Lorde
11th January 2011, 12:27 AM
Anyway, as for my choice of Starter Pokemon, can you believe that I'll be going with the smuggest Pokemon ever to walk the earth? That's right, I'm choosing Smugleaf Snivy. I figured that I'd get bored if I chose Oshawott again, and I've never really liked Pokabu, so Snivy is the clear choice. I'm going to have trouble against Arti's Gym, Fuuro's Gym, and Hachiku's Gym, but if I train some other Pokemon and rotate for those Gym battles, I figure everything will be ok in the end.

Blazios
11th January 2011, 12:31 AM
Now the UK site says that the games will be released on April 3rd. So which is it? March 4th or April 3rd? This is confusing :$

British date format is dd/mm/yy. It says March 4th.

SharpedoSteve
11th January 2011, 12:32 AM
Now the UK site says that the games will be released on April 3rd. So which is it? March 4th or April 3rd? This is confusing :$

It's still the 4th of March, that is the way the UK has their dates... Day/Month/Year as opposed to America where it is Month/Day/Year.

KingMinun
11th January 2011, 12:49 AM
Part of me wishes the game came out a week later, so it'd be out on my birthday, but the other part of me is super happy we get it before USA, Austrailia, and New Zeland.

I can't wait, Tepig and Oshawott are going to go on one hell of a journey! I've got my Oshawott egg ready, I also want Minun to start off too. What happens if I trade an egg of an old pokemon over to a new game, would I be able to play with that pokemon once it hatches before the E4?

R_N
11th January 2011, 1:04 AM
British date format is dd/mm/yy. It says March 4th.

Could you just imagine how hilarious it would be if it was a mix up and it turned out to be April 3rd?

Oh just imagine how red everyone's faces would be.

Dr. Leggs
11th January 2011, 1:43 AM
I do plan on ditching my starter as soon as is feasible, for the team of six in my signature... Hoping I'll be able to find somebody who can assist me with getting a Kaburumo and Vanipeti with the egg moves I want. XD

willda
11th January 2011, 2:00 AM
Im looking foward to useing snivy! I really like his design

Grei
11th January 2011, 2:13 AM

HA!!!

Er... sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but nobody has anything to gloat about when the games are being released in various countries worldwide within 6 days of each other. Yeah, Europe gets it first, but a mere two days later NA will get them, and only four days after that, Australia will get them.

In other news

That's odd-looking. It's cool that they're showing it, but it looks strange with such a huge sword, when it clearly should fit into that itty-bitty armor-sheath on Daikenki's left forearm.

R_N
11th January 2011, 2:22 AM
That's odd-looking. It's cool that they're showing it, but it looks strange with such a huge sword, when it clearly should fit into that itty-bitty armor-sheath on Daikenki's left forearm.

Well, remember, it is a toy. Presumably they purposely made it large so as to avoid choking hazards. You'll note the tip is also dull.

Other fun thing I found from Pokesho: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_smash/special/2010present03/index.html
I think these are Pokemon Sunday'sSmash's hosts' favorite Pokemon?

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 3:08 PM
Other fun thing I found from Pokesho: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/pokemon_smash/special/2010present03/index.html
I think these are Pokemon Sunday'sSmash's hosts' favorite Pokemon?

It looks like they're training them, with those lvl.'s and all.

I can think why a girl's favourite pokémon could be Tabunne, but a guy...Tastes differs, I geuss...

SasakiThePikachu
11th January 2011, 3:11 PM
Er... sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but nobody has anything to gloat about when the games are being released in various countries worldwide within 6 days of each other. Yeah, Europe gets it first, but a mere two days later NA will get them, and only four days after that, Australia will get them.

Oh, come on. Let us gloat a bit. It's the first time in pokemon history that we've got the main games first. It doesn't matter to us whether it's 2 days or 2 hours before you lovely yanks, we're just happy about it. It's pointless and stupid, and no-one's even going to remember a meagre release date difference a few days after the games are out and we're all immersed in Isshu...but for now, just let those of us in europe rejoice in our puny victory. As long as we're not being overtly obnoxious or silly about it, I don't see the harm.

@ Snowy...heh, the guy with Hiyappu loves it so much he stole its hairdo o.O

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 3:51 PM
^I really psyched up when I heard about it, but I think only we Europeans will really remeber this for the longest. I also forgot that Australia got HGSS before us.

@ Snowy...heh, the guy with Hiyappu loves it so much he stole its hairdo o.O
Too bad he didn't colored his hair blue.

We...we...we...*Eyes fills with tears of happines*We're getting the legendary crown beasts over Wi-Fi!!!

Will-powered Spriter
11th January 2011, 5:08 PM
Serebii has just updated: The Crown beasts and celebi event is coming to europe in under a month, via Wi-fi, instead of at a store.

Things are getting better and better.

bippacooleth
11th January 2011, 5:32 PM
Thanks god that Europe are getting the Crown beasts and Celebi, it seemed a little unfair/odd now that we do get most of the wifi events that America does...
all the effort I went to last week to obtain a Crown Raikou xD Hopefully we can download all three, I can't really why we wouldn't be able to, staggered.

Blazios
11th January 2011, 5:35 PM
Oh, come on. Let us gloat a bit. It's the first time in pokemon history that we've got the main games first.

Well, we got Dash and Poképark Wii first as well... :p

The beasts are being released over Wi-Fi. This is the best year ever for Europeans.

I just started a new Platinum file too, so I can get as many as I want. :)

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 5:36 PM
It's probably something like the Gamestop Crown Beasts event, first a couple of weeks Raikou, then Entei and as last, Suicune. I hope that at least.

I just started a new Platinum file too, so I can get as many as I want. :)

Why did you started a new fille, I understand if you did it later, but now?

Dizzee
11th January 2011, 5:38 PM
Thanks god that Europe are getting the Crown beasts and Celebi, it seemed a little unfair/odd now that we do get most of the wifi events that America does...
all the effort I went to last week to obtain a Crown Raikou xD Hopefully we can download all three, I can't really why we wouldn't be able to, staggered.

Well, if it's random like the egg we got in B/W, I can still try about 7 times ( Ihave Diamond, Pearl, 2x platinum, HG and 2x SS). :P

This really is a great week. :D

Blazios
11th January 2011, 5:54 PM
Why did you started a new fille, I understand if you did it later, but now?

I felt like playing Platinum again last week. Not lik I had anything valuable on there as everything rare is on my HeartGold.

7 tyranitars
11th January 2011, 6:15 PM
Oh, come on. Let us gloat a bit. It's the first time in pokemon history that we've got the main games first. It doesn't matter to us whether it's 2 days or 2 hours before you lovely yanks, we're just happy about it. It's pointless and stupid, and no-one's even going to remember a meagre release date difference a few days after the games are out and we're all immersed in Isshu...but for now, just let those of us in europe rejoice in our puny victory.

this is basicly how I feel and: take that america! sorry had too :X

can't waaaaaaaaaaait :D!!! I want the grass starter first :)

rocky505
11th January 2011, 6:32 PM
I knew bragging Europeans was going to happen. Who cares us in America still get it before Austrailia! :p

SasakiThePikachu
11th January 2011, 6:33 PM
*strangled scream*

Stop it, Serebii, any more good news and I'll have an aneurysm of some sort!! :D

I'm wondering about the legendary beasts giveaway...why would they give us all 3? You only need 1 to unlock the event, so all 3 seems a bit much. You just know the other 2 that people don't use will largely end up as trade collateral, unless you're a really die-hard collector who just has to have all 3 for the hell of it.

I own 6 generation 4 games (every game plus another platinum), so if they do give us the chance to download all 3 beasts per game, I'm going to have legendary beasts coming out of my ears o.O

Aurath8
11th January 2011, 6:35 PM
We...we...we...*Eyes fills with tears of happines*We're getting the legendary crown beasts over Wi-Fi!!!
This.

One day we get it two days before the yanks but now we can download some epic pokemon from the comfort of our homes.
Tomorrow I predict a delay for the US release following a mystery virus that makes the female trainer wear trousers when she runs. <- You know it is win.
Oh right, I forgot:

HA!!!

rocky505
11th January 2011, 6:38 PM
This.

One day we get it two days before the yanks but now we can download some epic pokemon from the comfort of our homes.
Tomorrow I predict a delay for the US release following a mystery virus that makes the female trainer wear trousers when she runs. <- You know it is win.
Oh right, I forgot:

HA!!! Hope you know they sale English games in England so there is a chance USA will also get the Wi-Fi Events. I predict the pokemon Black and white games will be delayed in Europe just like HG was when HGSS came out.

aggronFTW
11th January 2011, 6:38 PM
So I don't know if anyone saw, but GAME are accepting black and white preorders at only &#163;30 plus shipping I imagine. I preordered my heart gold from GAME last year and got a little promotional ho oh figurine, so you might get a promotional item from ordering it from GAME.

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 6:57 PM
I'm wondering about the legendary beasts giveaway...why would they give us all 3? You only need 1 to unlock the event, so all 3 seems a bit much. You just know the other 2 that people don't use will largely end up as trade collateral, unless you're a really die-hard collector who just has to have all 3 for the hell of it.

Exapmle: Well, not everyone likes Raikou as much as they like Suicune, so you can choose:D

Example for what to do with truckloads of beasts: It could be possible that some of your friends don't have Wi-Fi or their Wi-Fi broke down on the same dates the Wi-Fi event is(I had this problem with the Shaymin event) so that you can be a good friend and give one of your unused beasts to them.

I own 6 generation 4 games (every game plus another platinum), so if they do give us the chance to download all 3 beasts per game, I'm going to have legendary beasts coming out of my ears o.O

I also have multiple 4th gen games, Box full of shiny beasts:D.

DSRGBA
11th January 2011, 7:02 PM
I was so happy when I saw the release date for europe, then again with the shiny beasts. Make it a hat-trick and have the Celebi available over wi-fi as well.

R_N
11th January 2011, 7:04 PM
Awesome, wi-fi events too.

Europe & the US get access to the same wi-fi so now I can get EVEN MORE PUPPIES

I SHALL HAVE ALL THE PUPPIES, I SAY

Rowdy
11th January 2011, 7:20 PM
This.

Oh right, I forgot:

HA!!!

Or, NoA (not wanting to be one uped by NoE) will announce Black and White being released a week early, on Feb.28.

Now THAT would be lol worthy.

KingMinun
11th January 2011, 7:26 PM
Just pre-ordered Black for me and White for my cousin, and the news about the Beasts!
This is great! Gamefreak finally like us!!!! Yay!!!! Pokemon Dash, Pokepark, and now Main games coming to us before the rest of the world (except Japan).
Lol My prediction for Europe's release dates were July 22nd, they usually come out in July for us and March/April for US (the first main games of a generation)
Man was I way off!
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
For many years when it comes to gaming, Europe get it last, but not this time, words cannot explain how happy I am!

Anyway, my question still stands, can you trade eggs with old pokemon inside them from a BW game that's past the e4 to a BW game before the E4?

EDIT: Geez look at that, the US users won't let us have this, if its not a big deal, then why try so hard to bring us down. It'd be nice if US got it in July for once, see what its like then, with the rest of the world playing the game, months ahead.