PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Auraninja
20th September 2010, 4:25 AM
Well, I explained one thing that made sense, but here is one thing that doesn't. How come the lizard bird (Aaken) is in the Water 3 breeding group? How can it mate with Tentacool, it does not make sense!

On another note, I guess I will reveal my current breeding circle. I will check to see it there are things that need changing, but I believe it is accurate.

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/5thgenbcproto1.jpg/

Yeah, and because of that weird breeding group combination, I had to repeat Water 3 on the chart.

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 4:30 AM
Aaken is really in Water 3? I thought that was a mistranslation or typo on part of Serebii.

anotherpromise
20th September 2010, 4:32 AM
I was hoping for the same thing! it's a shame it wasn't done...

My fave shiny so far is this one:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/shiny/612.png

I mean it looks MORE badass than the regular one, i didn't think it was possible!

razz
The red parts STILL look like blood to me o.o

Auraninja
20th September 2010, 4:33 AM
Aaken is really in Water 3? I thought that was a mistranslation or typo on part of Serebii.
If it was, then Serebii wasn't the only one who made the typo, for I have seen it on other websites. Also, Mimajiru isn't part of a water group apparently.

Exodd
20th September 2010, 4:44 AM
"Gothilselle 576: It has the ability to predict future events based on the movement of the stars. It can also see its Trainer’s lifespan. "

Gochiruzeru has shinigami eyes?

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 4:46 AM
That is just disturbing the emo girl can tell me how long I'll live? D:

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 4:47 AM
If it was, then Serebii wasn't the only one who made the typo, for I have seen it on other websites. Also, Mimajiru isn't part of a water group apparently.

I haven't been looking that much on other sites to be honest. Well, if it's true at least Aaken should be able to learn some Water moves through breeding that it wouldn't have access to otherwise.

Beloberto
20th September 2010, 4:50 AM
I don't get it. The Charmander!dex crude screeshot that was on Pokébeach had a Charmander with the arms touching each other and the face to the side. It doesn't fit the sprites we have... could it be there are different sprites in White than in Black?

Waldorf
20th September 2010, 4:53 AM
I don't get it. The Charmander!dex crude screeshot that was on Pokébeach had a Charmander with the arms touching each other and the face to the side. It doesn't fit the sprites we have... could it be there are different sprites in White than in Black?

Or maybe it was in the middle of its animation.

Exodd
20th September 2010, 4:56 AM
"Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.

Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.

Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandela’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains. "

Creepy candles.

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 5:04 AM
"Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.

Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.

Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandela’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains. "

Creepy candles.
That...is...awesome!
And yet something tells me those are going to be edited in the US release

Godzilla_3000
20th September 2010, 5:04 AM
#561 Deathmas: It was born from the spirit of someone buried in an ancient grave. It still remembers its past.
O_o

#562 Deathkahn: It pretends to be a fancy coffin to enact punishment of grave robbers. It’s body is covered in pure gold.
o_O

#605 Reguree: It suddenly come from the far side of the desert 50 years ago. Until that time no one had ever seen this Pokemon before.
Alien Pokemon FTW!

ForeverFlame
20th September 2010, 5:05 AM
"Gothilselle 576: It has the ability to predict future events based on the movement of the stars. It can also see its Trainer’s lifespan. "

Gochiruzeru has shinigami eyes?

Thank God Pokemon are mute...

Exodd
20th September 2010, 5:10 AM
Trainer: "Hey Gochiruzeru, what's my lifespan?"
Gochiruzeru: "Gochi Gochi(100 seconds)"
Trainer: "100 years? Awesome!"

Andyhaunt
20th September 2010, 5:33 AM
I can't wait to see Sugimori Art!!!!!!

Back in 2006 when 4th Gen arrived, how long did it take for the Sugimori Art to come out after the sprites were revealed???

Hazelnut Coffee
20th September 2010, 5:34 AM
#605 Reguree: It suddenly come from the far side of the desert 50 years ago. Until that time no one had ever seen this Pokemon before. [/B]
Alien Pokemon FTW!

Roswell, New Mexico, anyone? :P

The ghost Pokemon have some pretty dark stories this gen. I wonder if they'll edit the dex entery for Desukaan and the candles.

Auraninja
20th September 2010, 5:40 AM
Roswell, New Mexico, anyone? :P

The ghost Pokemon have some pretty dark stories this gen. I wonder if they'll edit the dex entery for Desukaan and the candles.
Probably, but I doubt it would be heavy editing; maybe something like this.

Chandelar: It attract spirits to a flame and burns them. Only the body remains.

Something like that.

Ememew
20th September 2010, 5:43 AM
Well, that decides it, I'm naming Gochiruzeru "Misa" when I get the games!

Waldorf
20th September 2010, 5:43 AM
Pokédex entries have already been pretty grim in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if they left them as they are. I was shocked by Desukan's dex entry, though. There's lots of Pokémon this generation around that are implied to not be Pokémon, but rather objects or "alien" things that became Pokémon through mysterious processes. The garbage bag really was a garbage bag that underwent a structural change, the ice cream line resulted from an icicle that gathered up energy[?], etc.

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 5:49 AM
I don't really find Desukan's line Poke'dex entries that strange or dark. (The prevo isn't dark at all, just states it came from the soul of a dead person, not so different from past Pokemon.)

Kamikaze Rogue
20th September 2010, 5:50 AM
Just a word about Jaroda and its stats...

With Jaroda's stats as they are now with high Speed, Sp. Defense and Defense and slightly below average Attack and Sp. Attack, wouldn't it be benificial to get its Dream World ability Perversity and teach it Leaf Storm? This way every time it uses the attack its Sp. Attack raises 2 stages. It could be a formidible Special sweeper. However, you could also teach it Calm Mind (I won't work with the Perversity ability).

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 5:55 AM

With Jaroda's stats as they are now with high Speed, Sp. Defense and Defense and slightly below average Attack and Sp. Attack, wouldn't it be benificial to get its Dream World ability Perversity and teach it Leaf Storm? This way every time it uses the attack its Sp. Attack raises 2 stages. It could be a formidible Special sweeper. However, you could also teach it Calm Mind (I won't work with the Perversity ability).

Yeah this is exactly what I wish to do

MetalFlygon08
20th September 2010, 5:55 AM
Mini-Darumaku doll's dex entry will probally be changed, really? collecting poop for warmth (I know its a homage to burning buffalo chips) but still... Why are the japanese doll pokemon in the American region anyways?

Waldorf
20th September 2010, 6:00 AM
I don't really find Desukan's line Poke'dex entries that strange or dark. (The prevo isn't dark at all, just states it came from the soul of a dead person, not so different from past Pokemon.)

Dude, it remembers its past life, as a living human. That's several levels of sad and creepy.

This has already been brought up, and it might indeed be a really good strategy, but we still don't know exactly how Perversity works.

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 6:10 AM
Dude, it remembers its past life, as a living human. That's several levels of sad and creepy.

Like I said other Pokemon have had similar Poke'dexs. Also, I think you're taking the Poke'dex entries too seriously if you find them creepy, sad, or further than just "fun" made up tidbits. It's like the descriptions of characters in Disgaea, descrips in DQM1/2, or other. Not to be taken seriously.

Note: I just want to make it clear, being of Egyptian basis/concept, the Poke'dex makes sense for both of Desukan's line, why I didn't find it that creepy. (The whole being from a soul and remembering the past life was a common belief for specific souls, and punishment to grave robbers was an ideal carried by the Egyptains why many bobby traps were made in the same place. Seems Desukan is another "mimic" like Pokemon.)

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 6:23 AM
I mean lol what's creepier than Spiritomb's dex entry?

Dex entries are like myths of the Pokemon to me.

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 6:31 AM
I didn't really find Spiritomb's dex entry creepy. Threatening, sure, but not creepy.

Parasect's dex entry, now that was creepy, even if the Pokemon itself wasn't much to sneeze at.

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 6:36 AM
Here yo go Bombkirby http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232467

On topic: Overall, pleased with the new pokemon really like the change. Ononosuku is my favorite pokemon, woo-ho go blade dragon.

Thanks a bunch!

Hmm they're mostly okay.

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 6:41 AM
I didn't really find Spiritomb's dex entry creepy. Threatening, sure, but not creepy.

Parasect's dex entry, now that was creepy, even if the Pokemon itself wasn't much to sneeze at.

108 Wailing souls condensed into binding stone is not creepy to you? lol

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 6:42 AM
Wow all the Dream World abilities are better than their normal abilities....

How do we choose what pokemon we get from the dream world?

Aether13
20th September 2010, 6:45 AM
Not all of them are good, I'm extremely disappointed in Charizard's Dream World ability.

Venomrec
20th September 2010, 6:45 AM
i think it might be random & events, Also i think you have to befriend them in the dream world & then you see them in a specific place in reality & very easy to capture. but i might be wrong, im a newb.

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 6:54 AM
Not all of them are good, I'm extremely disappointed in Charizard's Dream World ability.

Thats actually great for my Charizard! Mine is on a Sunny Day team (2v2) and that would work wonders! His heat wave would be even more devastating!

The one I can't see any use from is Wotter's ability (shell armor) because thats not a very good ability in any aspect. Well...maybe if it was a amnesia/barrier tank and u didn't want the enemy to break through ur defenses with a crit.

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 6:55 AM
i think it might be random & events, Also i think you have to befriend them in the dream world & then you see them in a specific place in reality & very easy to capture. but i might be wrong, im a newb.

Well I know u have to meet them in the dream world but if thats the case...how would we meet specific ones? This sounds like it could be a REAL pain trying to get a specific pokemon.

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 7:00 AM
HOLY MOTHER SON OF A.... did you guys see Azumaril's ability? Herbivore?! Thats so cool!

Cyber Cyclone
20th September 2010, 7:03 AM
Anyone know a site that has a page similar to Serebii's new Pokémon page, with at least all they new Pokémons' stats and their typing's but also with their sprites? I can't seem to find one and it's really irritating going back and forth from Serebii to a sprite website.

MetalFlygon08
20th September 2010, 7:04 AM
anyone notice most of the new sprites are just their sugimori art (look at Hoenn's legendary trio, salamence, deoxys...)

And Dragonair's a revamp of her Yellow Sprite!

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 7:09 AM
Anyone know a site that has a page similar to Serebii's new Pokémon page, with at least all they new Pokémons' stats and their typing's but also with their sprites? I can't seem to find one and it's really irritating going back and forth from Serebii to a sprite website.

Dont think a site with ALL of those exists.

Cyber Cyclone
20th September 2010, 7:14 AM
Dont think a site with ALL of those exists.

Oh okay, any with the typings and sprite then?

rickyriffle
20th September 2010, 7:31 AM
So what was up with finding black & white music for Champion Blue?

I mean I love that Cynthia is here. is it confirmed that Cynthia is from Isshu?

hever
20th September 2010, 7:38 AM
Oh okay, any with the typings and sprite then?

this (http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal)? :0
I don't know if that's the kind of site you're looking for, but it has sprites.

Cyber Cyclone
20th September 2010, 7:49 AM
this (http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal)? :0
I don't know if that's the kind of site you're looking for, but it has sprites.

Yeah, I've been using that one, I was looking for one that had the sprites and says it's name and typing.

[aka]
20th September 2010, 8:42 AM
Yeah, I've been using that one, I was looking for one that had the sprites and says it's name and typing.
Veekun.com's Pokédex has stats, sprites, and learnsets. Abilities aren't done yet, I think, but they will be soon enough.

OT: I'm kinda disappointed by Gochiruzeru's pre-evos; I just don't like how babyish they are, I think.

[aka]
20th September 2010, 8:43 AM
Veekun.com's Pokédex has stats, sprites, and learnsets. Abilities aren't done yet, I think, but they will be soon enough.

OT: I'm kinda disappointed by Gochiruzeru's pre-evos; I just don't like how babyish they are, I think.

[aka]
20th September 2010, 8:45 AM

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 8:52 AM
I'm just surprised that Gothizeru is part of a three form evolution chain. At most I expected it to have maybe one evolution (or pre-evolution). Actually a lot of pokemon have three evolutions that I wouldn't have expected in this generation.

jashuwa
20th September 2010, 9:00 AM
I'm hugely disapointed with most of the new pokemon. I'd say maybe 15-25 of them r worthy of really bein awesome pokemon. I mean sugimori said in an interview that team of a bunch of people designed like 15 each. And I'd say 12 of those 15 need to be smacked. Iv been a pokefan since red version and I'm sad. See hoenn made things "odd" and "quirky" if u will, a lot of sinnoh pokes brought it back to more animalistic types. And most of the new ones r just wack, they look like characters from the lid of a bubble tea. Idk what they r thinkin. I could honestly come up with 160 rad pokemon. And this is sad. The grass and water starter r cool til there 3rd evos. And the fire is only cool the first one. They aren't original enough and most look like frickin digimon. I'm upset. I'm sure the story is great but I want more animlaistic type pokes to give it a more realistic vibe. And no pokemon following you? What the eff? I mean optional would have been perfect. Idk. I know im bein over critical but come on guys. I'm seriously thinkin bout puttin my own together. Idk they just dnt look like pokes to me. Input?

Mr. E Goods
20th September 2010, 9:05 AM
I'm hugely disapointed with most of the new pokemon. I'd say maybe 15-25 of them r worthy of really bein awesome pokemon. I mean sugimori said in an interview that team of a bunch of people designed like 15 each. And I'd say 12 of those 15 need to be smacked. Iv been a pokefan since red version and I'm sad. See hoenn made things "odd" and "quirky" if u will, a lot of sinnoh pokes brought it back to more animalistic types. And most of the new ones r just wack, they look like characters from the lid of a bubble tea. Idk what they r thinkin. I could honestly come up with 160 rad pokemon. And this is sad. The grass and water starter r cool til there 3rd evos. And the fire is only cool the first one. They aren't original enough and most look like frickin digimon. I'm upset. I'm sure the story is great but I want more animlaistic type pokes to give it a more realistic vibe. And no pokemon following you? What the eff? I mean optional would have been perfect. Idk. I know im bein over critical but come on guys. I'm seriously thinkin bout puttin my own together. Idk they just dnt look like pokes to me. Input?

If you stare at them long enough you will like them :)

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/doredia

Gosh I can't believe you aren't able to drag and drop images in serebii... In heaps of other forums you can and it is way cool.

Click on the link and have a look at Doreida's awesome back sprite.

jashuwa
20th September 2010, 9:10 AM
Maybe I'll get used to em or maybe I had too high of expectations but these r supposed to be this regions animals and pets and friends. And most look insane. Idk. I really wish they worked a little harder. Ice cream cone pokemon? Gear pokemon? And the legendaries dnt seem "epic" enough except reshirom and zekrom. Its seems they first seen, the starters, reshiram, zechrom, the deer, the flying squirell, the grass/bug first evo, the gator ground/dark type, the zebra electric, the chinchilla.. These ones seemed awesome. Its like the leaked and pre-release were great and the rest r knda wack.

jashuwa
20th September 2010, 9:17 AM
Maybe I'll get used to em or maybe I had too high of expectations but these r supposed to be this regions animals and pets and friends. And most look insane. Idk. I really wish they worked a little harder. Ice cream cone pokemon? Gear pokemon? And the legendaries dnt seem "epic" enough except reshirom and zekrom. Its seems they first seen, the starters, reshiram, zechrom, the deer, the flying squirell, the grass/bug first evo, the gator ground/dark type, the zebra electric, the chinchilla.. These ones seemed awesome. Its like the leaked and pre-release were great and the rest r knda wack.

Mr. E Goods
20th September 2010, 9:30 AM
Gochimu -(lv32)> Gochimiru -(lv41)> Gochiruzeru
Yuniran -(lv32)> Daburan -(lv41)> Rankurusu
Koaruhii -(lv35)> Swanna
Banipucchi -(lv35)> Baniricchi -(lv47)> Baibanira
Shikijika -(lv34)> Mebukujika
Emonga
Kapurumo -(trade w/ Chobomaki)> Shubarugo
Tamagetake -(lv39)> Morobareru
Pururiru -(lv40)> Burunkeru
Mamambou
Bachuru -(lv36)> Denchura
Tesshiido -(lv40)> Nattorei
Gearu -(38)> Gigear -(49)> Gigigear
Shibishirasu -(lv39)> Shibibiiru -(thunder stone)> Shibirudon
Riguree -(lv42)> Oobemu
Hitomoshi -(lv41)> Ranpuraa -(dusk stone)> Shanderaa
Kibago -(lv38)> Onondo -(lv48)> Ononokusu
Kumashun -(lv37)> Tsunbear
Furijio
Chobomaki -(trade w/ Kaburumo)> Agirudaa
Maggyo
Kojofuu -(lv50)> Kojondo
Kurimugan
Gobitto -(lv43)> Goruggo
Komatana -(lv52)> Kirikizan
Baffuron
Washibon -(lv54)> Wargle
Baruchai -(lv54)> Barujiina
Kuitaran
Aianto
Monozu -(lv50)> Jiheddo -(lv64)> Sazando
Meraruba -(lv59)> Urugamosu

I am really shocked at the high evo levels. That little c,hick evolves into Wargle at level 54!!

Mush
20th September 2010, 10:43 AM
Gochimu -(lv32)> Gochimiru -(lv41)> Gochiruzeru
Yuniran -(lv32)> Daburan -(lv41)> Rankurusu
Koaruhii -(lv35)> Swanna
Banipucchi -(lv35)> Baniricchi -(lv47)> Baibanira
Shikijika -(lv34)> Mebukujika
Emonga
Kapurumo -(trade w/ Chobomaki)> Shubarugo
Tamagetake -(lv39)> Morobareru
Pururiru -(lv40)> Burunkeru
Mamambou
Bachuru -(lv36)> Denchura
Tesshiido -(lv40)> Nattorei
Gearu -(38)> Gigear -(49)> Gigigear
Shibishirasu -(lv39)> Shibibiiru -(thunder stone)> Shibirudon
Riguree -(lv42)> Oobemu
Hitomoshi -(lv41)> Ranpuraa -(dusk stone)> Shanderaa
Kibago -(lv38)> Onondo -(lv48)> Ononokusu
Kumashun -(lv37)> Tsunbear
Furijio
Chobomaki -(trade w/ Kaburumo)> Agirudaa
Maggyo
Kojofuu -(lv50)> Kojondo
Kurimugan
Gobitto -(lv43)> Goruggo
Komatana -(lv52)> Kirikizan
Baffuron
Washibon -(lv54)> Wargle
Baruchai -(lv54)> Barujiina
Kuitaran
Aianto
Monozu -(lv50)> Jiheddo -(lv64)> Sazando
Meraruba -(lv59)> Urugamosu

I am really shocked at the high evo levels. That little c,hick evolves into Wargle at level 54!!

I love this. I always disliked the fact that most pokemon were fully evolved before lvl 40 in the previous games. I thought it was stupid for multiple reasons:

-After the final evolution there are still 60 levels to go and the pokemon doesn't evolve anymore eventhough it did twice in the first 30 levels.

-Base and 1st stages feel useless when looking at my previous point, as you only play with them for a few levels and then they evolve.

-It is boring to have the same pokemon for a very long time. With a very high evo level, you have something to work toward to.

-A big final evolution should be something that requires a lot of training and time. In the animes it only happened rarely. In the previous games you could have final evo's in a few hours and matches.

Lee-san
20th September 2010, 10:55 AM
Awesome that Wargle is exlusive to White..the White version exclusives are vastly superior in my opinion.

Mush
20th September 2010, 11:01 AM
Awesome that Wargle is exlusive to White..the White version exclusives are vastly superior in my opinion.

I hate that I have to choose between rankurusu and Erufuun :(

Hazelnut Coffee
20th September 2010, 11:26 AM
Did we find out exactly which Pokemon are version exclusives? I saw a list a day or so ago but apparently it wasn't very accurate.

Clay Psyduck
20th September 2010, 11:28 AM

I still don't understand this nonsense. People keep bringing up Gear and the ice cream cones (which are actually icicles with snow on them), ignoring things like Voltorb, Magnemite and other things from the past 4 generations.

An overwhelming majority of the Pokemon in Isshu are animals.

40 Pokemon in Isshu are not exactly animals of any sort (I included human-shape and rocks).

Of those 40:
- The rock bob-omb's line is essentially this gen's Geodude line
- The construction guys are essentially this gen's Machop line
- The karate guys are essentially this gen's Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
- The garbage bags are essentially this gen's Koffing or Grimer line
- The snowflake is basically a new Glaile
- The robots are no worse than Regi's
- The candles are no stranger than Rotom, Drifloon or Bronzor
- Likewise for Desukan's line and the Nazca bird thing
- Gear's line is like Magnemite's line

And while I don't have a comparison for the icicle ice cream guys, I have to say, I don't know how that's any less believable as a Pokemon than having the ENTIRE ALPHABET (including ! and ?) as a Pokemon.

Sorry for double post.

I hate that I have to choose between rankurusu and Erufuun :(

Oh, but you don't!

You can get Monmen in both versions. Just, in Black, they are wild. In White, you have to perform an in-game trade and you can get Monmen for Churine.

Mush
20th September 2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry for double post.

Oh, but you don't!

You can get Monmen in both versions. Just, in Black, they are wild. In White, you have to perform an in-game trade and you can get Monmen for Churine.

Thnx, for this info ;). White will be my game of choice now obviously.

Blastoise888
20th September 2010, 11:57 AM
Is there a place that says Version Exclusives? because I'd really like to know.

Walcott
20th September 2010, 12:04 PM
^There's this: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml

Though I can't say it's definitely 100% correct. And even if it is, I don't mine the exclusives this time around. I'm getting Black, so I get get Torneros, and I'm trading for Rankurusu, so... :P

SasakiThePikachu
20th September 2010, 12:51 PM
I love this. I always disliked the fact that most pokemon were fully evolved before lvl 40 in the previous games. I thought it was stupid for multiple reasons:

-After the final evolution there are still 60 levels to go and the pokemon doesn't evolve anymore eventhough it did twice in the first 30 levels.

-Base and 1st stages feel useless when looking at my previous point, as you only play with them for a few levels and then they evolve.

-It is boring to have the same pokemon for a very long time. With a very high evo level, you have something to work toward to.

-A big final evolution should be something that requires a lot of training and time. In the animes it only happened rarely. In the previous games you could have final evo's in a few hours and matches.

I'm with you on this. I did always find it strange that, given that pokemon level up to 100, that very few of them even evolve past the halfway mark. But I think the trouble is that they've introduced this so freakin suddenly - that's why fans are getting upset. If they'd maybe started levelling up a bit higher for Gen 4, like a lot of pokemon in the 40's and rare pokemon in the 50's, my eyes wouldn't have popped out of my head when I saw what level monozu hits its final stage. It's a fine step forward yes, and it makes sense, my gripe is that it's so sudden it's almost a slap in the face.

And that mini-wargle chick is going to be roadkill if you shove it into battle with other level forty/fiftyers. Nothing that level should be that small and cute.

Gaiash
20th September 2010, 12:59 PM
^There's this: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml

Though I can't say it's definitely 100% correct. And even if it is, I don't mine the exclusives this time around. I'm getting Black, so I get get Torneros, and I'm trading for Rankurusu, so... :P
That can't be right. I was certain Baruchai and Barujiina were exclusive to Pokemon White.

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 1:06 PM
That can't be right. I was certain Baruchai and Barujiina were exclusive to Pokemon White.

That was just speculation before

ForeverFlame
20th September 2010, 1:25 PM
I just realized that Ulgamoth is directly based off of Mothra. They have the same colors and everything!

Mind blown.

SSN
20th September 2010, 1:32 PM
I really love the design of Kirikizan

Mr.Munchlax
20th September 2010, 2:02 PM
Does anyone know if the Sugimori artwork has come out yet?

Achernar
20th September 2010, 2:09 PM
#605 Reguree: It suddenly come from the far side of the desert 50 years ago. Until that time no one had ever seen this Pokemon before.
Alien Pokemon FTW!

obviously a reference to the Roswell incident... which is also a desert area and happened at least 50 years ago.

Venomrec
20th September 2010, 2:17 PM
is there any "non downloadable" picks of the 5th gen shiny sprites? can someone post a link or pm me the link to images.

daikenki should have been a bi-pad able to pull his shell blades for battle!

Joe.
20th September 2010, 2:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Sugimori artwork has come out yet?

Check bulbapedia.

Rerbren
20th September 2010, 2:46 PM
Wargle is for...White?! Nooooo!!!!

gspbeetle
20th September 2010, 3:02 PM

It used to be a decision against learning the good moves faster or having better stats sooner. Most player I saw struggling at elite 4 usually evolves as soon as the game tells them to and ends up with a pretty pathetic moveset... I think I can see what gamefreak is trying to accomplish here.

Anyways, is there a shortlist of high IV pokemons? Half way through the game, still dont have an idea for which pokemon to keep in party.

~Dragon_Master~
20th September 2010, 3:05 PM
is there any "non downloadable" picks of the 5th gen shiny sprites? can someone post a link or pm me the link to images.

daikenki should have been a bi-pad able to pull his shell blades for battle!

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=shiny

Venomrec
20th September 2010, 3:14 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=shiny

Thank you kindly!..

davidxrawr
20th September 2010, 3:24 PM
woot okay so.....

BLACK AND WHITE EXCLUSIVES:
I love that Dorieda and Wargle are white exclusives :D

HIGH EVOLUTION LEVELS:
well I agree with the fact that it makes things mor challeneging and makes the final evolution more special but. When you compare to the elite four levels many pokemon will evolve after you beat it, unless your forced to train. An example is the dark/dragon line. The first evolution is at 50! It will be very difficult training Monozou when his highest base stat by far is attack at 65.

DREAM WORLD:
I know its online but how do you acess it? Do you need to use the nintendo wifi on your DS? I would like to know since i cant acess my wifi do to router problems :s

Gligari
20th September 2010, 4:09 PM
I liked the other discussion better...

Anyways I think that Yanakki is soo cool. He is the coolest evolution of monkey by far.

Ryonai
20th September 2010, 4:39 PM
The new pokemon's type combination's so cool. I wonder how will the metagame be this time. By the way, an evolution on Lv64? Think about overpower lol

Henkdevries
20th September 2010, 4:52 PM
I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but how can you cath kibago's 2nd stage? It's in victory road, but it is accesible pre-national dex?

Mahnmut
20th September 2010, 6:33 PM
I thought koromori evolved by leveling up during summer?
Serebii's dex says by happiness...

[aka]
20th September 2010, 8:14 PM
I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but how can you cath kibago's 2nd stage? It's in victory road, but it is accesible pre-national dex?
The right thread for you is the Help Thread (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467057).

Serebii's dex says by happiness...
So does Veekun's.
I guess that means it evolves by happiness.
Where'd you hear Summer?

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 8:50 PM
Serebii's dex says by happiness...well waiting months to evolve a pokemon would have sucked.

Gaiash
20th September 2010, 9:10 PM
well waiting months to evolve a pokemon would have sucked.
From what I'm aware the seasons change throughout one month. Plus you could always change the date on your DS.

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 9:13 PM
I think they change every month, not through the month. In other words cycling through all four seasons would take four months.

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 9:31 PM
obviously a reference to the Roswell incident... which is also a desert area and happened at least 50 years ago.yeah ,i love how GameFreak base a pokemon on legend/myth,too bad we did not got the Mothman and Jersey devil pokemon.

Xweek
20th September 2010, 9:49 PM
You know, isn't this the first time that GameFreak have acknowledged that Pokemon have the same...uh...needs as humans (with Darumakka's Pokedex entry)?

Also lol at all the Pokemon that were made Pokemon from unnatural sources. I don't hate it, but it's still funny.

Missingno.Fan
20th September 2010, 9:59 PM
I kind of like how Wargle and Burujina (or whatever you want to call it) are version exclusives. I wonder if they are suppose to be different genders of the same species like Voltbeat and Illumise.

You know, isn't this the first time that GameFreak have acknowledged that Pokemon have the same...uh...needs as humans (with Darumakka's Pokedex entry)?
I know I saw that. Of all the things they could say, they have to talk about poop.

Pucca_ness
20th September 2010, 10:03 PM
Is that link for the shiny sprites legit?

The crocodile line shinies are awful. Really dissapointed aobut Zekrom's shiny, Reshiram at least gets a nice goldness that goes with it. Zekrom gets what? A dash of green by the looks of it.

I think i know my team: Tsutarja/Mijumaru - Mamepato - Crocodile - Chandelier - Zebra - Kibago line/Two headed dragon.

I also really like the turtle fossils! Depends on my starter. Also love the fire moth, a bug with decent stats.

I do apologise for my ignorance of the japanese names. Names take longer to store in my memory than images.

pigmonkeyandsuzi
20th September 2010, 10:44 PM
does anyone know which gen V pokemon have gender differences?

I know purururururuiriurururu....the ghost/water jellyfish line has them (blue and smooth=male) (pink frilly=female), but who else?

[aka]
20th September 2010, 10:47 PM
Really dissapointed aobut Zekrom's shiny, Reshiram at least gets a nice goldness that goes with it. Zekrom gets what? A dash of green by the looks of it.

Have you seen Zekrom's animation? Blue lines light up all over his body--unless he's shiny. Then he glows green, which I think is pretty bad-a.

Glue
20th September 2010, 10:53 PM
I don't really like a bug type legend, kind of weird if you ask me... or really any other legends except for the r@ms

Flaming Panda
20th September 2010, 10:53 PM
I, for one, have no good reason as to why people are complaining about the high evo levels. its just gonna make the game longer. remember R/S/E and DPPlt? rarely would one have to even go lv up. all you had to do was beat the normal trainers and you would be at an appropriate lv. hell, i usually had 3 fully evolved pokes at lv 38 slightly befor the 5th gym! it just makes things more of a challenge and i, for one, will embrace this new change. maybe i will actually lose some battles this time around.

Im also happy that i love all but 3 pokemon this time around. Ive never liked more than 12 in any gen. (i hated, and still hate, sinnohs line of pokemon. i only like shaymin and i love glaceon.)

kentasaiba
20th September 2010, 10:55 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/589.png < you know thats a character in Kirby ^^"

Pucca_ness
20th September 2010, 11:04 PM
Well glowing green does sound nice =] I don't know where to find moving images of shiny sprites though.

davidxrawr
21st September 2010, 12:08 AM
Apparently you can get Monozu (dark/dragon) only in victory road. NOW it makes sense why it evolves at level 50 for the first time. Hopefully it isnt to hard to find. Anyway this also brings up the point that high evolutions may also be based on the location they are in game ",

shadow wolf
21st September 2010, 12:19 AM
I'm a little disappointing the wargle is version exclusive in white, oh well I'll just get my friend to trade him to me, and he already said yes so good news for me.

Slimslamer
21st September 2010, 12:47 AM
Tell me, does anyone think that Erufunn has potential? Because it's got decent stats and a good ability (mischeivous heart), but at the same time it has a poor typing and a sub-par moveset. I'm thinking she might be good to set up sunny day/ light screen, but I'm not sure. Your thoughts?

Mewtwo_soul
21st September 2010, 1:03 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/589.png < you know thats a character in Kirby ^^"

>.> That doesn't even look remotely like Sir Kibble or the swordsmen.

Raichu Vent
21st September 2010, 1:04 AM

hmmm can't remember whitch

Mewtwo_soul
21st September 2010, 1:08 AM
^It's sir Kibble he/she's thinking of. Otherwise known as the one giving Cutter ability.

lindsy95
21st September 2010, 1:13 AM
I could have sworn there was an enemy, not kibble, that had lances and look somewhat like that.

Maybe I'm thinking of kibble but w/e. It looks like a character, somewhat, but they arent the same.

Waldorf
21st September 2010, 1:13 AM
Tell me, does anyone think that Erufunn has potential? Because it's got decent stats and a good ability (mischeivous heart), but at the same time it has a poor typing and a sub-par moveset. I'm thinking she might be good to set up sunny day/ light screen, but I'm not sure. Your thoughts?

If Mischievous Heart really does give priority to all non-attacking moves, then Erufuun could Encore the crap out of everyone.

lindsy95
21st September 2010, 1:14 AM
Am I the only one that thinks of Elefun when I hear that name? XD

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 1:15 AM
Does anyone know which color of Basurao is exclusive to which game?

Mr.Munchlax
21st September 2010, 1:17 AM
Does anyone know if Bulbapedia received that letter from Nintendo too, because every time I check there to see the Sugimori artwork for the new pokemon, it just say 180px where the image is supposed to be

LexSuicune
21st September 2010, 1:20 AM
Is the Sugimori art out anyways?

Mr.Munchlax
21st September 2010, 1:27 AM
Is the Sugimori art out anyways?

I don't know. I thought it did because most of the pokemon pages have "180px" where the image is supposed to be, and the under it it says "Art by Ken Sugimori from Black and White" I have the link to one of them for an example

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kumashun_(Pokémon)

shadow wolf
21st September 2010, 1:30 AM
Does anyone know which color of Basurao is exclusive to which game?

It appears he is in both games. It doesn't seem we have information about that but I guess it is a seasonal thing so yes all colors I guess. Sorry read the post wrong, oops. Anywho go to this website: http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/basurao?form=alternate guess the red one black the blue one white.

Linkdarkside
21st September 2010, 1:31 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/589.png < you know thats a character in Kirby ^^"um no that's a Steel/Bug type pokemon.

ForeverFlame
21st September 2010, 1:31 AM
Does anyone know if Bulbapedia received that letter from Nintendo too, because every time I check there to see the Sugimori artwork for the new pokemon, it just say 180px where the image is supposed to be

That's because most of the Sugimori art isn't out yet.

We'll have to wait for the BW Guide, or whenever the Japanese site updates with the new National Dex.

Mewtwo_soul
21st September 2010, 1:42 AM
Maybe you were thinking of Galactic Knight or whatever his name was from KSSD. (DS remake of KSS) although it looks even less like that due to being more like Meta Knight. (who certainly looks different)

---> @ the Basurao form thing. Certain versions have an increase of a specific form if the sentence on the main site is what I understand from it. (sort of like Nidoran male/Female in FR/LG.

Slimslamer
21st September 2010, 1:43 AM
If Mischievous Heart really does give priority to all non-attacking moves, then Erufuun could Encore the crap out of everyone.

Holy cow! I misread that as 'Endure.' With encore, screens, taunt, growth, cotten spore, energy ball, etc, Erufunn might be a huge threat this generation.

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 2:03 AM
Holy cow! I misread that as 'Endure.' With encore, screens, taunt, growth, cotten spore, energy ball, etc, Erufunn might be a huge threat this generation.

Yeah, he can definitely wreak some havoc.
Can't wait to use him!

LexSuicune
21st September 2010, 2:07 AM
I asked this already but if anyone answered is probably drowned in the sea of pages @_@

Do we have Gorog's final moveset?

SergeiDragunov
21st September 2010, 3:15 AM
Can someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on?

Lorde
21st September 2010, 3:20 AM
Can someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on?

Apparently, Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on some sort of yellow reptile that has trouble keeping it's trousers on (which is why Zuruguu is holding them up). I don't get it myself but I think it's supposed to be funny somehow. I don't get how something so hideous could be funny though :3

SergeiDragunov
21st September 2010, 3:23 AM
Apparently, Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on some sort of yellow reptile that has trouble keeping it's trousers on (which is why Zuruguu is holding them up). I don't get it myself but I think it's supposed to be funny somehow. I don't get how something so hideous could be funny though :3

So basically it's a Lizard + Pants on the Ground?

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 3:23 AM

Yeah its part gangbanger and part lizard shedding its skin.

Really.

Zuruzukin even has a hoody on.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
21st September 2010, 3:40 AM
any confirmation if the shiny pichu and notched ear pichu do any gameplay changes in game? Unless they were a special promotion in generation IV, then there has to be something in generation V. And no word of the Capsule Lock?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lock_Capsule

ForeverFlame
21st September 2010, 3:49 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z4Zd6dSVt80/S6_mCT-daOI/AAAAAAAAACg/J-nLvrCXHnU/s1600/Mothra.jpg
Mothra, famous Godzilla monster.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/637.png
Urgamoth, new Pokemon found in Gen V.

Why hasn't anyone else pointed out the blatantly obvious connection between them? They have the same color scheme and everything.

And its pre-evolution looks like Arceus as a baby.

Johto King
21st September 2010, 3:51 AM
Does anyone know when you unlock the dream world? And if you can use older generation starters and eeveelutions from it? Kinda wanna use an older starter cause these new ones kinda suck...

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 3:54 AM
Lets talk about the ice cream pokemon! :D

It has breakable armor as an ability so if you switch it in on a physical attack it will be ready to sweep! ONE problem though...its lousy movepool. The only good moves I see are ice beam and flash cannon. I NEED a breedable move list to see if he can do anything else.

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 3:54 AM
Does anyone know when you unlock the dream world? And if you can use older generation starters and eeveelutions from it? Kinda wanna use an older starter cause these new ones kinda suck...

Suck it up use the new ones you whiny little man. They're bad ***.

Lorde
21st September 2010, 3:56 AM
any confirmation if the shiny pichu and notched ear pichu do any gameplay changes in game? Unless they were a special promotion in generation IV, then there has to be something in generation V. And no word of the Capsule Lock?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lock_Capsule

The only Generation 4 event Pokemon that unlock anything special in Pokemon Black and White are Celebi, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. If the Pichu or Lock Capsule did anything, we'd know by now since they'd have said something about it months ago. The Pichu were only ever special promotion for Generation 4.

And about Urgamoth; I can definitely see the resemblance between that moth monster and it lol. Urgamoth is just the weirdest Pokemon so far. It's like Rotom in that, despite not being Legendary, it has much in common with the classification :S

Johto King
21st September 2010, 4:04 AM
Suck it up use the new ones you whiny little man. They're bad ***.

Not as bad *** as a Swampert XD

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 4:07 AM

You can unlock it in the first gym city. And yes, you can use any Pokemon you get from the Dream World right away. However, unless you played the online mini game to get the Eeveelution's password, you can't get one of them. (although obviously the mini game will be available again before the US release)

SergeiDragunov
21st September 2010, 4:08 AM
Not as bad *** as a Swampert XD

imo the Water Starters in terms of awesome goes:

Feraligatr > Empoleon = Daikenki > Blastoise > Swampert.

Seraphina
21st September 2010, 4:09 AM
Urugamosu Will be epic with butterfly dance. Awwww I love this pokemon so much

Johto King
21st September 2010, 4:22 AM
You can unlock it in the first gym city. And yes, you can use any Pokemon you get from the Dream World right away. However, unless you played the online mini game to get the Eeveelution's password, you can't get one of them. (although obviously the mini game will be available again before the US release)

Thanks for the Information. can you get starters? if not i may try a Vaporeon

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 4:56 AM
Thanks for the Information. can you get starters? if not i may try a Vaporeon

I would assume that Kanto starters passwords will be distributed again, but of course I don't know for sure

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 5:04 AM
I would assume that Kanto starters passwords will be distributed again, but of course I don't know for sure

Passwords? Thats how you make things appear in the dream world? Oh that'll be easy!

R_N
21st September 2010, 5:17 AM
[I MG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z4Zd6dSVt80/S6_mCT-daOI/AAAAAAAAACg/J-nLvrCXHnU/s1600/Mothra.jpg[/IMG]
Mothra, famous Godzilla monster.

[IM G]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/637.png[/IMG]
Urgamoth, new Pokemon found in Gen V.

Why hasn't anyone else pointed out the blatantly obvious connection between them? They have the same color scheme and everything.

And its pre-evolution looks like Arceus as a baby.

People already have. Also the Dark/Dragon guy=Ghidorah.

It's a shame the guy is post-game and also evolves at level 70, I'd use him otherwise.

death_merch617
21st September 2010, 5:48 AM
i live in the us and im desperate to play these new games,is it worth to buy a japanese version of it or will a miss out due to the language difference? also how are they going to do the celibi and beast events in the us? does anyone know?

??????
21st September 2010, 6:27 AM
I just had to.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs687.snc4/62756_156174087734445_100000255643684_412634_12445 7_n.jpg

anotherpromise
21st September 2010, 7:33 AM
i live in the us and im desperate to play these new games,is it worth to buy a japanese version of it or will a miss out due to the language difference? also how are they going to do the celibi and beast events in the us? does anyone know?

Probably a download like the Latias/Latios event on HG/SS.

Has anyone ripped the animated Janoobi sprite?

BCVM22
21st September 2010, 7:38 AM
Probably a download like the Latias/Latios event on HG/SS.

The movie Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all in-store events.

R_N
21st September 2010, 7:47 AM
The movie Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all in-store events.

Celebi will almost certainly be in-store. Same with the beasts.
I'm interested in how they'll handle the beasts. Will it be random chance? Will you somehow get to choose? Three different wonder cards? Different beast for different retailers?

But, for a glimmer of hope, Jirachi & PCPichu were later given out over wi-fi after their in-store event.

Mr. E Goods
21st September 2010, 7:57 AM

True, but dont forget there are plenty of the new pokemon with surprisingly high stats. Doreida also has the same total stat count too, but both are quite powerful and I am not surprised seeing as Roserade was very powerful too, with a better typing combo.

Eldin
21st September 2010, 8:01 AM
Concerning sprites and such, the only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that they decided NOT to use all the Kanto and Johto sprite remakes that they worked so hard on...those ones were so epic. It sucks that they went back to the old D/P/Pt Kanto/Johto sprites.

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 8:10 AM
A lot of pokemon with good stats have attrocious movepools...

Gigigear...Icecream :(

halloweenghost
21st September 2010, 8:15 AM
Concerning sprites and such, the only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that they decided NOT to use all the Kanto and Johto sprite remakes that they worked so hard on...those ones were so epic. It sucks that they went back to the old D/P/Pt Kanto/Johto sprites.

not all of them some have brand new sprites bulbasaurs is completly new

Mr. E Goods
21st September 2010, 8:36 AM
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/648-unred.png
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/648-red.png

Their stats are soo powerful! OMGsh ! They are so strong... I think I like Unred Meroetta better though.

xChrisx
21st September 2010, 9:46 AM
Can we see the Shiny sprites of starters when choosing them at the start like in HG/SS?

Blake.S
21st September 2010, 11:20 AM
Really sorry is this has already been asked, but, do any of the new pokemon evolve into/from any of the previous pokemon? There were three that looked convincing, but other than what the looked like, I haven't heard any other confirmation on this.

(I'm referring to the buffulo similar to Tauros, the pink fish similar to Luvdisc and the cactus which looks like an alternate evolution of cacnea.)

Also, do any of the old pokemon appear in the wild (before National Dex)? As they said there's no more zubats in the caves.

Rakurai
21st September 2010, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that none of the Pokemon in this gen are evos of past Pokemon, nor are there any old Pokemon present in the Isshu dex.

HoundoomEgo
21st September 2010, 11:40 AM
Can anyone guess how the third dragon is related to the yin and yang dragons? And btw he looks kind of lopsided.

O Fortuna
21st September 2010, 11:50 AM
I am getting very excited about Nattorei. Its fire and fighting weaknesses are a concern, but it is certainly going to have the potential to be a good support/wall.

Pikalika55
21st September 2010, 12:23 PM
I'm having a hard time getting used to the newer pokemon myself. >___> especially since i cant put names and sprites together...

Clay Psyduck
21st September 2010, 12:56 PM
This is totally unimportant, but I felt like sharing here:
http://i54.*******.com/2rppvm9.gif

I got bored. Tried recoloring the Gamageroge sprite (bottom right) to look like the coloring styles used on GB (top left), GBC (top right) and GBA (bottom left).

They're not very good or accurate, but I felt like showing it anyway.

Corroded Arceus
21st September 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm having a hard time getting used to the newer pokemon myself. >___> especially since i cant put names and sprites together...

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I have to continually search up Japanese names so I know what people are talking about.

Should be easier once we learn some English names.

Clay Psyduck
21st September 2010, 1:09 PM
Don't worry, you're not the only one. I have to continually search up Japanese names so I know what people are talking about.

Should be easier once we learn some English names.

Yeah. Same here.

As it stands, I can't correspond numbers with pokemon (and actually I can't do that with most of 3rd/4th gen either), or most names.

There are a lot that I am now getting used to, but I tend to not remember them when I want to write them, so I really don't. I remember a lot when I see the names, and I'm like "Oh, that's this guy" or "that's this evolution".

I'm getting there. lol.

It's going to suck because, I am going to eventually get down these names, and then the English names will start coming in and I'll have to relearn the names again.

I still call Budew "Subomi".

Mush
21st September 2010, 1:12 PM
This is totally unimportant, but I felt like sharing here:
http://i54.*******.com/2rppvm9.gif

I got bored. Tried recoloring the Gamageroge sprite (bottom right) to look like the coloring styles used on GB (top left), GBC (top right) and GBA (bottom left).

They're not very good or accurate, but I felt like showing it anyway.

That is very nice. I actually like this pokemon much better in all the other versions you made lol. The GBA one would have been much better than the GF one. I never understood why GF decided to go for very rich coloring and high contrasts. it makes the pokemon look like they are made of plastic or something and not like the organic creatures that they are. The GBA one is much more in line with the anime coloring, which is much more realistic and organic looking.

pigmonkeyandsuzi
21st September 2010, 2:12 PM

I know purururururuiriurururu....the ghost/water jellyfish line has them (blue and smooth=male) (pink frilly=female), but who else?

Pucca_ness
21st September 2010, 2:21 PM
I noticed the version exclusives have changed. Now the Eagle pokemon have swapped with the vultures. This is good for me as i prefer the eagles and am getting white however my fiance is getting black and so far Wargle has been his favourite throughout the coverage =/

Is this the final change?

Perhaps the ice dragon will be a perfect balance of yin and yang or be without both.

I think it will be a balance and we will have pokemon grey. <_< Doesn't have the same sound as Black or white.

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 3:06 PM
I noticed the version exclusives have changed. Now the Eagle pokemon have swapped with the vultures. This is good for me as i prefer the eagles and am getting white however my fiance is getting black and so far Wargle has been his favourite throughout the coverage =/

Is this the final change?

Perhaps the ice dragon will be a perfect balance of yin and yang or be without both.

I think it will be a balance and we will have pokemon grey. <_< Doesn't have the same sound as Black or white.

Just trade with him. My friend is getting the version with the bulb pokemon and I'm getting the one with the cottonball one but we both want the other one. The solution? We trade!

Linkdarkside
21st September 2010, 4:01 PM
Can we see the Shiny sprites of starters when choosing them at the start like in HG/SS?i am not sure but the sprites wend choosing the pokemon starters are different than the ones used for battles.

Gligari
21st September 2010, 4:01 PM
Is it true that the shiny rate has gone down and it is easier to find shinys?

Ryonai
21st September 2010, 4:08 PM
Is it true that the shiny rate has gone down and it is easier to find shinys?
Wow, if it's true that'll be great for the shiny trading community. I hope that we get more tools on IV breeding too.

paipr_christian
21st September 2010, 4:14 PM
the only thing better than a better shinie rate would be non-sucky shinies

Ryonai
21st September 2010, 4:23 PM
the only thing better than a better shinie rate would be non-sucky shinies
Like the times that a shiny pokemon was a top pokemon. I miss those days lol ;munchlax;

Exodd
21st September 2010, 6:16 PM

Those and Kenhorou, Mamepato's second evo.

ChillarmyArmy
21st September 2010, 6:33 PM
I've noticed a Pattern here with the Eeveelutions and Fossil Pokemon.

Gen 1- Eeveelutions and Fossils
Gen 2- Eeveelutions
Gen 3- Fossils
Gen 4- Eeveelutions and Fossils
Gen 5- Fossils

So maybe we'll have...

Gen 6- Eeveelutions
Gen 7- Eeveelutions and Fossils

I think that may be a Pattern.

Anyway, what do we think of the new Fossil Mon'? I love the Archelon one. Looks like a bit of a Powerhouse.

Clay Psyduck
21st September 2010, 6:36 PM

Aside from those two, the final form of the pigeon has a male and female.

The male is the one with the crazy headpiece and the female is the bland looking one.

That is very nice. I actually like this pokemon much better in all the other versions you made lol. The GBA one would have been much better than the GF one. I never understood why GF decided to go for very rich coloring and high contrasts. it makes the pokemon look like they are made of plastic or something and not like the organic creatures that they are. The GBA one is much more in line with the anime coloring, which is much more realistic and organic looking.

Thanks! And lol, I dunno. One Pokemon I hate the GBA sprite for, though, is Nosepass. Originally, I hated him, because I am generally an aesthetic kind of guy with Pokemon. In 4th gen, I thought he looked much cooler.

Another bad design choice, IMO, is the Chatot sprite that has the half closed eyes. So terrible looking.

ANYWAY~ I am probably going to make more of these. Starting with the ones I want for my team, then working from there. I'll see what comes of it.

Meganium
21st September 2010, 6:51 PM

Gen 2- Eeveelutions
Gen 3- Fossils
Gen 5- Fossils

So maybe we'll have...

Gen 6- Eeveelutions

Anyway, what do we think of the new Fossil Mon'? I love the Archelon one. Looks like a bit of a Powerhouse.

Not really a pattern would be:
"Gen 1- Eeveelutions and Fossils
Gen 2- Eeveelutions
Gen 3- Fossils
Gen 5- Eeveelutions
Gen 6- Fossils"

There isn't a pattern here because none of the Eeveelutions or Fossils repeat at a consistent rate. Plus you would need at least 6 generations to really see a pattern. More Eeveelutions are definitely possible but not based off of any pattern. As new Evolution methods are created we may see new possible evolutions.

Bombkirby
21st September 2010, 7:12 PM

Gen 2- Eeveelutions
Gen 3- Fossils
Gen 5- Fossils

So maybe we'll have...

Gen 6- Eeveelutions

How is that even a pattern? XD You're trying to hard buddy. =P Next gen we'll have more evees. Just sit tight and enjoy this gen first.

Varnani
21st September 2010, 7:13 PM
A Ghost Type Eeveelution would be awesome, i'd tell you that!!
A dragon one too, but it's a little hard to imagine haha

razz

Cyber Cyclone
21st September 2010, 7:16 PM
Do we have any word on when the Sugimori arts are coming out? It's been a few days now since it's release, surely the official artwork should be coming soon?

Lorde
21st September 2010, 7:25 PM
Do we have any word on when the Sugimori arts are coming out? It's been a few days now since it's release, surely the official artwork should be coming soon?

No. If I remember correctly though, the official Ken Sugimori artwork for new Pokemon isn't completely released until the official guidebooks are out. They usually contain the artwork for all the new Pokemon but I have no idea when the Black and White guidebooks are out. The Japanese site for the games usually release some artwork monthly, but that's only about a dozen or so. I'd love to get some official artwork for Pokemon like the Dragon/Ice Legendary dragon or Wargle's pre-evolution but it looks like we'll have to wait :s

Cyber Cyclone
21st September 2010, 7:41 PM
No. If I remember correctly though, the official Ken Sugimori artwork for new Pokemon isn't completely released until the official guidebooks are out. They usually contain the artwork for all the new Pokemon but I have no idea when the Black and White guidebooks are out. The Japanese site for the games usually release some artwork monthly, but that's only about a dozen or so. I'd love to get some official artwork for Pokemon like the Dragon/Ice Legendary dragon or Wargle's pre-evolution but it looks like we'll have to wait :s

Oh okay, thank you. Just what I was looking forward to. More waiting.

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 7:47 PM
Oh okay, thank you. Just what I was looking forward to. More waiting.

Yeah sadly...
I really want to Erufuun and Burunkeru's sugimori!

PJ_Graphix
21st September 2010, 7:48 PM
the ability "Harvest" looks great on paper. hopefully Exeggcutor can pull it off. i don't think Tropius will be able to pull it off at all.

my idea is
Exeggcutor - Harvest - Lum Berry
Nature: Bold or Calm
Trick Room
Rest
Psychic / Psycho Shock
Energy Ball / Leaf Storm

or

Exeggcutor - Harvest - Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant or Modest
Rest
Stun Spore / Hypnosis
Toxic
Grass Knot / Psycho Shock / Energy Ball / Psychic / Wood Hammer

100% heal with rest and lum berry always wakes you up, and you can absorb status. just watch out for bug types. the first set is to try a more offensive strategy, while the second is more of a stall/status type of set with 1 move for limited offense

FireEmblemAddict
21st September 2010, 7:48 PM
Yeah I can't wait to see Erufuun and Burunkeru in Sugimori style!

Isis-sama
21st September 2010, 8:11 PM
I want to see Aakeosu's Sugimori art the most, but really I'd like to see most of the 5th generation's Sugimoris . . . I just hope that the C&D from Nintendo doesn't affect our getting to see it.

charizard master 100
21st September 2010, 8:23 PM
what does everyone think about this team - dikenki , hihidaruma(encourage) , Zekrom , abagoora, and kurimugan/gorrugo/desukan or natteroi. can someone please rate and leave any comments

Haru Glory
21st September 2010, 8:38 PM
IDK where to post this, but I have a question.

(If you want, delete this post and answer me via PM)

Because of Nintendo's notification, can't you make laso B/W sprites for the website Pokčdex?

Like this one... http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/495.png

Myrmeleon
21st September 2010, 8:42 PM
I think I've found a mistake in the new games!

Chobomaki should evolve into Shubarugo, because they have a lot of similaraties (they both have a shell that looks like a knight helmet, a curled-up tail and the same abilities)

But Chobomaki evolves into Agirudaa and it's Kapurumo who evolves into Shubarugo!

Could they be switched accidentaly because they have the same type?

What do you guys think?

Lorde
21st September 2010, 8:56 PM
I want to see Aakeosu's Sugimori art the most, but really I'd like to see most of the 5th generation's Sugimoris . . . I just hope that the C&D from Nintendo doesn't affect our getting to see it.

I really want to see Meloia's though that might not happen for years to come since the official event Pokemon artwork isn't usually revealed until the event occurs, and that may take years. I also want to see the artwork for all the "ugly" Pokemon since it might let me appreciate their designs a bit more when I have the full piece of artwork in front of me and not just a little sprite. I also hope we can get it and post it around here without the C&D coming into effect :s

Will-powered Spriter
21st September 2010, 8:57 PM
I think I've found a mistake in the new games!

Chobomaki should evolve into Shubarugo, because they have a lot of similaraties (they both have a shell that looks like a knight helmet, a curled-up tail and the same abilities)

But Chobomaki evolves into Agirudaa and it's Kapurumo who evolves into Shubarugo!

Could they be switched accidentaly because they have the same type?

What do you guys think?

If you look, despite having a knight helmet, shubarugo still has the body of a beetle. The reason is this: The two pokemon evolve into their respective evolutions by trading with each other. When the pokemon are traded, the knight helmet is switched. The knight clam loses it's helmet when it evolves, and the beetle gains said helmet.

lolipiece
21st September 2010, 9:45 PM
and theres the whole Just because one Pokemon looks like another does not mean they a related by evolution thing...

Xweek
21st September 2010, 11:08 PM
I love, love, love, love, LOVE Zuruggu's animation, it's so cute when it's trying to keep it's skin up like a child! And the cries of the Pokemon I want are adorable!

lolipiece
21st September 2010, 11:15 PM
It's supposed to be like that stupid fashion

you know, the sagging pants that expose your...*vomit* underwear..

It's still cool though

[aka]
21st September 2010, 11:19 PM
People have mentioned how much Ulgamoth looks like Mothra.
Well, what about Sazandra and King Ghidorah? (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=king+ghidorah#/d1lfosa)
They may not be the most similar, but they're both hydras who use their left and right heads as hands.

Lorde
21st September 2010, 11:20 PM
It's supposed to be like that stupid fashion

you know, the sagging pants that expose your...*vomit* underwear..

It's still cool though

You mean Sagging? *Vomits as well*

It's not really fashion in my opinion, but yeah someone brought it up yesterday; that Zuruggu's design is based off of Sagging. They also implied that the species in general, is supposed to be based on gangbangers which is why Zuruggu's evolved form has something that resembles a hoodie. Stereotyping much?

MightTales
21st September 2010, 11:57 PM
Mad that dark vulture is black only i was getting white due to zekrom but i dont play with lengendarys much so ill get black
And its hard to figure out what these pokemon are based on their name...and now therees no pictures
An i get Zuruggu's line now...i think?

I love, love, love, love, LOVE Zuruggu's animation
where did u find his animation

Bombkirby
22nd September 2010, 12:02 AM
OH I GET IT! Its like a hoodlum. Thats why it has the Mohawk spikes on it's head. Its not a GANG-BANGER if it has a Mohawk. Its just like a punk/bad boy.

Brave Birdy
22nd September 2010, 12:34 AM
I love 99% of the new pokemon.

The only two that I'm not too fond of are Kurimugan (the lego/lavahead dragon) and Kyuremu (dragon/ice legend).

Although I'm sure that Sugimori's art will do justice to Kurimugan, and the thrid installment of these games will do justice to Kyuremu, and I will then like ALL of this gen.

As for a few of my favorites:
Denchura
Roopushin
Iwaparesu
Munna
and
Chaobuu

Overall, I am waaay more than satisfied with this gen's designs.

Snorunt conservationist
22nd September 2010, 12:52 AM
You mean Sagging? *Vomits as well*

It's not really fashion in my opinion, but yeah someone brought it up yesterday; that Zuruggu's design is based off of Sagging. They also implied that the species in general, is supposed to be based on gangbangers which is why Zuruggu's evolved form has something that resembles a hoodie. Stereotyping much?

They're also Dark type.............racist too

That is of course if Game Freak are THAT racially insensitive and this idea isn't complete BS. Which it is.

Missingno.Fan
22nd September 2010, 1:01 AM
Mushaana's cry is car-a-zay. Seriously it is like a ghostly heartbeat. Meroetta has a pretty cry. The electric type genie has a cool cry. It sounds like thunder

MegaLeafeon
22nd September 2010, 1:17 AM
Personally, I really enjoy all of them. It's nice to see some variety. If I had to choose though...Definitely Emboar, Sazando, and Genosekuto. They reek of awesome.

[aka]
22nd September 2010, 1:35 AM
They're also Dark type.............racist too

That is of course if Game Freak are THAT racially insensitive and this idea isn't complete BS. Which it is.
Dude. They're thugs. Thugs are bad, thugs are mean...And what type do we associate meanness with? That's right! Flying type! >.> [/sarcasm]

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 2:12 AM
Mushaana's cry is car-a-zay. Seriously it is like a ghostly heartbeat. Meroetta has a pretty cry. The electric type genie has a cool cry. It sounds like thunder

I have a Musharna and it's cry is a bit eerie but also kind of nice. It sounds clearer than some of the earlier Pokemon cries that's for sure. I love most of the new cries although Yooterii's evolved form's cry is a little too low for my ears to hear unless I go in really close to the DS lol. I love Mijumaru's and Futachimaru's cries as well. Victini's, although cute in it's own way, just annoys me now; I've heard it so many times :p

Dippamus
22nd September 2010, 2:15 AM
I'm a tad disappointed in the shallowness of Jaroda's learnset

in fact it completely turns me off from him, this might be the first time i don't choose the grass starter first O__O;

and Zuruggu is supposed to represent a street rat, i still dress like that from time to time~

PurplePoctopus
22nd September 2010, 2:16 AM
No. God. Thugs are sooooooo the light type, because omg it exists. God.

Mm. Yeah. My favorite pokemon this gen is either Jaroda or Musharna. Too awesome!

Eldin
22nd September 2010, 2:18 AM
Oh...I thought Zuruggu was supposed to be a ghetto rooster of some sorts...but hey, gangbangers, roosters. Same thing really.

nikohesus
22nd September 2010, 2:30 AM
Just some animations...

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7459/1285095244644.gif

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3716/1285091459577.gif

They've been sped up, so they look crappy, but they're good in essence. I only found these two on a Zelda forum.

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 2:38 AM
Oh...I thought Zuruggu was supposed to be a ghetto rooster of some sorts...but hey, gangbangers, roosters. Same thing really.

Haha, well that whole gangbangers/thugs theory is just that; a theory. I don't know if I totally believe Zuruggu and it's evolved form are based off of those concepts but it does have a few things going for it. I still dislike the design overall though; it's just really odd even for a 5th Generation Pokemon.

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 2:53 AM
Don't know if this is off-topic, but when do you guys think we'll get sprite animations ripped just like when during battles, if we ever get them?

Mr.Munchlax
22nd September 2010, 2:58 AM
Hey, did we ever figure out if you can capture the dream world pokemon before you beat the elite four the first time?

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 3:00 AM
Hey, did we ever figure out if you can capture the dream world pokemon before you beat the elite four the first time?

We don't know yet since the Dream World site has been done all week and won't be back up for a few more days still :(

FireEmblemAddict
22nd September 2010, 3:12 AM

Actually yes. You have the opportunity to enter the Dream World in the city with the first badge.

Of course, no one knows how easy it is to get Pokemon without a password yet.

MetalFlygon08
22nd September 2010, 3:13 AM
is mew, um shoving the thicker end of her tail in her, well you know?

FireEmblemAddict
22nd September 2010, 3:18 AM
is mew, um shoving the thicker end of her tail in her, well you know?

Hahah I doubt it, although it is an awkward animation for sure

Manafi's Dream
22nd September 2010, 3:37 AM
These animations are awesome! The two that are posted above are a little faster than normal, but they're still epic! Do I really have to wait six months? Ugh...

FireTheAbsolLord
22nd September 2010, 4:23 AM
These animations are awesome! The two that are posted above are a little faster than normal, but they're still epic! Do I really have to wait six months? Ugh...

Not exactly, you can just buy the game on playasia or something, but it'll be in japanese....if you want it in english, then yes.

[aka]
22nd September 2010, 4:39 AM
Not exactly, you can just buy the game on playasia or something, but it'll be in japanese....if you want it in english, then yes.
*coughRenchi.comhasitfor$5lesscough* >.>
Also: Monoz is pretty much adorable.
And bad-a when it evolves. :D

SuperCharizard101
22nd September 2010, 5:11 AM
I love Dangoro/Gantoru/Gigaisu, mostly because they are Physical BEASTS. I'm keeping up with a walkthrough of Black on YouTube, and the guy started with Pokabu, so his whole team (even with Yanappu) is wrecked or almost wrecked by Dangoro after 3 Hardens. I also am appreciative of all the new Ghost types-I hope they are all pretty tough stuff.

SuperCharizard101
22nd September 2010, 5:15 AM
I hate the look of the Ice cream cone Pokemon. Just saying.

Bombkirby
22nd September 2010, 5:19 AM
I hate the look of the Ice cream cone Pokemon. Just saying.

Thats cuz your looking at the face on the left. Look at the one on the right. INST IT ADORABLE?!?!? Its like Weezing, the big face is hideous but the small one is...less hideous. XD

Seraphina
22nd September 2010, 8:14 AM
Sorry to be such a nut but does anyone have all the animated sprites? >_<

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 8:21 AM
Tried making another set of older-style sprite colors for Warubiaru:
http://i56.*******.com/21drlv6.gif

The GBA-era one is a bit off. I used Voltorb's red, but I feel like none of the Pokemon during that gen would be that bright. I should probably go for a more pinkish red or something. I like the way the GBC/GSC one came out though.

I wanted to try making 'following' sprites, but I can't grasp it well enough. It's been a long time since I made sprites from scratch.

Chimecho3000
22nd September 2010, 11:04 AM
Oh wow, I was looking at Dokkora the wrong way until just now. Didn't realize his head was tilted down and that he has a red round nose like his evos.

xChrisx
22nd September 2010, 11:12 AM
How do I get my Friend Code?

SasakiThePikachu
22nd September 2010, 11:54 AM
Thats cuz your looking at the face on the left. Look at the one on the right. INST IT ADORABLE?!?!? Its like Weezing, the big face is hideous but the small one is...less hideous. XD

Nope, still hideous :D

Is there a link to hear pokemon cries? I don't have the games (and am boycotting the japanese versions because nintendo are beings d*cks to their fans atm), but I badly want to hear them ;___; even if I have to download mp3s tha only last 2 seconds each...I don't care...I want to hear Gochiruzeru *cries*

For those worried that we won't see the sugimore art b/c of the c&d, don't. We'll see it somehow, the internet is a big place and those whiny b*tch lawyers can't sue us all.

EDIT:

Found a link for gen V pokemon cries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvOCf_vcD8

Omg. It's nice to know I'm going to pee myself laughing everytime the pokemon get thrown out.

Chaobuu's sounds like a fart. Seriously. A big, wet fart.
Musharna has just given me nightmares for the next two weeks.
Dangoro sounds like something heavy being dropped in a puddle of water.
Doryuuzu (and, for that matter, the two last stages of the tadpole line) sounds like someone took a soundbyte of an electric drill.
Warubiaru is an electric guitar. Oh! Oh! Play smoke on the water!!!
Aaken sounds like someone just pulled its tail too hard.
The bigger trash bag sounds like one of the Clangers. Anyone remember the Clangers?
Gochiruzeru - Norman Bates shower scene FTW.

*collapses in a heap of tears and laughter*

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 12:22 PM
Is there a link to hear pokemon cries? I don't have the games (and am boycotting the japanese versions because nintendo are beings d*cks to their fans atm), but I badly want to hear them ;___; even if I have to download m3s tha only last 2 seconds each...I don't care...I want to hear Gochiruzeru *cries*

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/gochiruzeru/flavor

Veekun's Pokedex has all the cries. The easiest way to go through them all (other than the source file thing) is to click the Flavor tab (which I already did for you) and just move through the Pokemon that way. It puts the cries right there for your clicking pleasure.

Gochiruzeru's is one of the crazier ones.

Oh wow, I was looking at Dokkora the wrong way until just now. Didn't realize his head was tilted down and that he has a red round nose like his evos.

Oh wow. OH WOW. I didn't notice this either.

This is just as mindblowing as when I realized that Tsunbear's icicles are potentially just 3 things of snot with the mouth behind it.

And when I realized the genies potentially have a 3-4 sprite smirk inside that crazy shadow that their mustaches cast.

Deicario
22nd September 2010, 1:35 PM
I just noticed Dokkora has the exact same stats as Machop in FireRed/LeafGreen. Just throwing that out there.

Ryonai
22nd September 2010, 3:32 PM
Tried making another set of older-style sprite colors for Warubiaru:
http://i56.*******.com/21drlv6.gif

The GBA-era one is a bit off. I used Voltorb's red, but I feel like none of the Pokemon during that gen would be that bright. I should probably go for a more pinkish red or something. I like the way the GBC/GSC one came out though.

I wanted to try making 'following' sprites, but I can't grasp it well enough. It's been a long time since I made sprites from scratch.

Good work Clay Psyduck, those lo-fi things are so cool. It would be even better if the sprite's resolution on earlier series were a bit less than the later ones.

charizard master 100
22nd September 2010, 4:39 PM
I think desukan looks cool. it is a good pokemon, but i dont know if to choose it. for my starter im going for wotter and fossil going for the turtle

Xweek
22nd September 2010, 5:33 PM
This is the Zuruggu sprite, for that person who asked me earlier;

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4016/1285122255629.gif

redroses
22nd September 2010, 6:02 PM

omg, that moving sprite is great! I love how he pulls up his skin/pants. Make him much cuter and gives a way better impression of him then his normal sprite.

I just checked the attacks some of the pokemon can learn and why can't Warubiaru learn surf >:C makes no sense! Especially after Sazando(what?!) can even learn it.

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 6:04 PM
Good work Clay Psyduck, those lo-fi things are so cool. It would be even better if the sprite's resolution on earlier series were a bit less than the later ones.

Thanks. I've been contemplating trying to just redraw new sprites within the size and style of the older sprites, but I don't know the actual dimensions, since some Pokemon were different.

[aka]
22nd September 2010, 6:55 PM
I think desukan looks cool. it is a good pokemon, but i dont know if to choose it. for my starter im going for wotter and fossil going for the turtle
...you understand that any grass type could wreck you, right? If you plan on using both of those, at least.

LexSuicune
22nd September 2010, 7:02 PM
OMG that thing is actually pulling up his pants, how awful lol.

Can someone post Meraruba and Urgamoth's moving sprites?

Grei
22nd September 2010, 7:57 PM
Found a link for gen V pokemon cries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvOCf_vcD8

Omg. It's nice to know I'm going to pee myself laughing everytime the pokemon get thrown out.

Chaobuu's sounds like a fart. Seriously. A big, wet fart.
Musharna has just given me nightmares for the next two weeks.
Dangoro sounds like something heavy being dropped in a puddle of water.
Doryuuzu (and, for that matter, the two last stages of the tadpole line) sounds like someone took a soundbyte of an electric drill.
Warubiaru is an electric guitar. Oh! Oh! Play smoke on the water!!!
Aaken sounds like someone just pulled its tail too hard.
The bigger trash bag sounds like one of the Clangers. Anyone remember the Clangers?
Gochiruzeru - Norman Bates shower scene FTW.

*collapses in a heap of tears and laughter*

A lot of those cries are ridiculous! I love when they cycle through the monkeys. At least each evolution has a deeper version of the previous form's cry (unlike most of the added evolutions in Gen 4. Gallade? Porygon-Z? What the hell?).

Jaroda: A screaming girl.
Daikenki: A Futachimaru in slow motion.
The wart-frog: Sounds like a bird chirping...?

These all sound so strange. Then again, most of the cries sound weird and unfitting for the Pokemon anyway.

Lee-san
22nd September 2010, 8:02 PM
Eh, I've never really cared that much about Pokemon cries anyway..I'm guessing once the games move to the 3DS, they might do it like in the Anime and have the Pokemon say their names.

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 8:02 PM
I haven't taken the time to listen to all the new Pokemon and their cries since there are too many to listen to, but I already have some favorites. Koromori's sounds like the sound bats make when they're trying to locate prey. The Yooterii line's cries sound very much like real dogs which surprised me at first. I also like Kurumiru's since it sounds cute and warm; just like Kurumiru itself :3

Commander L. Halsti
22nd September 2010, 8:15 PM
Pendora's cry is like buckling steel. Gochiruzeru:horror... Is the name of the last stage of the hydra dragon Sazando or Sazandora? Someone mentioned this alternation somewhere. I'm just curious to see what's true.

Ken Vanguine
22nd September 2010, 8:19 PM
hope im not late. pikachu looks like a sick alian possom or something lol. still intriging though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 8:44 PM
I listened to all the sounds. Most of them were pretty generic.

I like some of them sounding like real animals (like Yorterrie's line) and I like the ones I want on my team (Warubiaru sounds like a guitar!) and so on. Some are crazy (Munna's line, Gothiselle...).

Also, I love that Pokemon movie trailer. But Pikachu looks terrible. And Mewtwo. Was not impressed by that, but I liked all the other Pokemon.

Ken Vanguine
22nd September 2010, 8:46 PM
Eh, I've never really cared that much about Pokemon cries anyway..I'm guessing once the games move to the 3DS, they might do it like in the Anime and have the Pokemon say their names.

keep dreaming

Ungoliath
22nd September 2010, 8:48 PM
So freaking delightful.

The evo is similar?

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 9:05 PM

That's a terrible idea.

And even if they did it, they would have to record almost all 649 Pokemon's voices for EVERY language. English, Japanese, and all the European languages.

They would never bother with doing that.

natie
22nd September 2010, 9:29 PM
the sound bats make when they're trying to locate prey.To be able to hear such a sound, you'd have to be a bat, and I'm pretty sure you're not.

Charzonsos
22nd September 2010, 9:34 PM
omg, that moving sprite is great! I love how he pulls up his skin/pants. Make him much cuter and gives a way better impression of him then his normal sprite.

I just checked the attacks some of the pokemon can learn and why can't Warubiaru learn surf >:C makes no sense! Especially after Sazando(what?!) can even learn it.

Not only that, but the Ground/Ghost Pokemon that looks like a Golem can learn fly last time I checked.. Mind blowing.

mickey
22nd September 2010, 9:49 PM
where do you find moving sprites?

Xweek
22nd September 2010, 9:50 PM
Zuruzukin doesn't do the skin thing, he just goes 'ard on us.

http://i51.*******.com/5kj3oh.jpg

Pfft, filters.

Kokoromori
22nd September 2010, 10:00 PM

Oh...oh my gosh! He's so cute!
Pulling up of the 'pants' and then throws his hands in the air!
How cute.

I have to say that I'm dissapointed with this gen's Poison types and that makes me sad.

machine gun
22nd September 2010, 10:01 PM
Is it just me or Doryuuzu look like Electabuzz & Magmar lost brother ??

Goruggo
22nd September 2010, 10:13 PM
Not only that, but the Ground/Ghost Pokemon that looks like a Golem can learn fly last time I checked.. Mind blowing.

Excellent news, now I don't have to worry about picking a flying type pokemon for Black since I like none of them.

EDIT: It can't learn it until it evolves into Goruggo at LV43, might be problematic.

WaterTrainer243
22nd September 2010, 10:28 PM
Are there any new pokeballs being introduced? Or are we stuck with all the previous generation pokeballs?

Aether13
22nd September 2010, 10:43 PM
Excellent news, now I don't have to worry about picking a flying type pokemon for Black since I like none of them.

EDIT: It can't learn it until it evolves into Goruggo at LV43, might be problematic.

Haha it wouldn't be if you just trained with that pokemon, but then again that would be a complete waste.

The more I look at him the more Emboar grows on me, all in all he's not a bad pokemon he has a pretty good moveset. The only thing bad is he's fire/fighting.

Lord Godwin
22nd September 2010, 10:48 PM
I have 1 simple question: are there anywhere posted all the weights and heights of all new Pokemon?

Kokoromori
22nd September 2010, 11:03 PM

http://i51.*******.com/5kj3oh.jpg

Pfft, filters.

I like where he looks like he's chewing but the jump is random. xD;

Missingno.Fan
22nd September 2010, 11:11 PM
Is there any place that has all the animated sprites?

I saw the video with all the cries. Some are good and some are terrible. The blue fighting type sounds too girly. The middle stage of the tadpole sounds liek someone's vibrating cell phone.

Manafi's Dream
22nd September 2010, 11:29 PM
Omg I love the cries! They're all very original, and they sound absolutely MIND BLOWING!!!

This gen is gonna be the best of all :)

It's kind of funny that Desukan pops up at the same time I'm learning about Egyptian art at my arts school. EPIC COFFIN!!! :)

Copley Hill Gym
22nd September 2010, 11:36 PM
YEEEEEEESSSSS! :)

I just caught my first legendary - the first Muskedeer, in the cave on route 6. Named it "Athos".

I love this game - wasn't even looking for it, and it suddenly appeared in the corner of the cave! :)

LexSuicune
22nd September 2010, 11:45 PM
The cries are phenomenal, but I do wonder if the day will come when the pokemon can actually speak.

PurplePoctopus
22nd September 2010, 11:52 PM
Let's hope that they don't speak. It would ruin a lot of things, and it would be really annoying. :/

Flame_blader1
22nd September 2010, 11:53 PM
The Crocodile poke looks pretty sweet. I also hear there are unlimited use of TM's in B/W

mickey
23rd September 2010, 12:08 AM
Is there any place that has all the animated sprites?

I've been asking it for days...

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 12:10 AM

They don't come out on the same day as the games? I'm not sure about anywhere else, but I start seeing guides for Pokémon games the day they're sold. Sometimes, I see them show up a day or two BEFORE they're sold.

MightTales
23rd September 2010, 12:28 AM

Pfft, filters.
He looks like a cowboy ready to draw
(err the animation wont come up its Zuruzukin)

ForeverFlame
23rd September 2010, 12:37 AM
I like to think of the Ghost Golem as a Transformer, so it makes sense that it can fly. Heh.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 12:57 AM
I like to think of the Ghost Golem as a Transformer, so it makes sense that it can fly. Heh.

Who?...........

Also,

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/552.png

IT'S THE ONLY ONE FACING THE WRONG WAY. GRHAHAHAHG