PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 6:26 PM
Now THAT would be lol worthy.

And rage worthy.

R_N
11th January 2011, 6:33 PM
And rage worthy.

And smug worthy.

Like you Europeans won't even know

rocky505
11th January 2011, 6:33 PM
Anyway, my question still stands, can you trade eggs with old pokemon inside them from a BW game that's past the e4 to a BW game before the E4?

EDIT: Geez look at that, the US users won't let us have this, if its not a big deal, then why try so hard to bring us down. It'd be nice if US got it in July for once, see what its like then, with the rest of the world playing the game, months ahead. You should be able to trade the eggs. And it's not us going crazy it's the Europeans bragging that's crazy. Wow 2 days what a difference!

KingMinun
11th January 2011, 6:36 PM
You should be able to trade the eggs. And it's not us going crazy it's the Europeans bragging that's crazy. Wow 2 days what a difference!

Yeah but its a pretty big deal for us, like I said, we usually have to wait a few months. But this time we don't we get it first! That's what's great to us, this time we can join wi-fi whilst most of the world are joining it too, instead of getting it later on in the year when some people may not be playing it anymore.

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 6:42 PM
Yeah but its a pretty big deal for us, like I said, we usually have to wait a few months. But this time we don't we get it first! That's what's great to us, this time we can join wi-fi whilst most of the world are joining it too, instead of getting it later on in the year when some people may not be playing it anymore.

Welll, not excactly months, HGSS came 12 days after America in Europe.
And it is a big deal for us, can we have some fun, please^_^.

Dr. Leggs
11th January 2011, 6:42 PM
Interesting. Would be nice if America got them over Wi-Fi... Now I gotta trudge allll the waaaaay to Gaaaamestop [/not]

That's cool though, I wonder if this marks the beginning of Europe getting closer releases in general?

rocky505
11th January 2011, 6:44 PM
Interesting. Would be nice if America got them over Wi-Fi... Now I gotta trudge allll the waaaaay to Gaaaamestop [/not]

That's cool though, I wonder if this marks the beginning of Europe getting closer releases in general? Like I said earlier there is a chance America will also get the Wi-Fi events due to England having English games.

KingMinun
11th January 2011, 6:45 PM
Welll, not excactly months, HGSS came 12 days after America in Europe.
And it is a big deal for us, can we have some fun, please^_^.

Forgot to say the first games of a generation, like Ruby, Saphirre, Diamond, Pearl.
The remakes we get pretty quickly.

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 6:54 PM
Forgot to say the first games of a generation, like Ruby, Saphirre, Diamond, Pearl.
The remakes we get pretty quickly.

Aaah, now I see.
I wasn't waiting for them: I missed Ruby and Saphirre. And I saw Daimond and Pearl one day on the internet, and went to the store to buy one(I hadn't discovered Serebii then)

The realeses were indeed getting closer and closer, but I never dreamt something like this would happen^w^.

R_N
11th January 2011, 6:58 PM
Like I said earlier there is a chance America will also get the Wi-Fi events due to England having English games.

Also the fact that Europe could always download "our" wi-fi events such as the Pokewalker courses, Mew, PCPichu, Jirachi, Enigma Stone, etc

Dr. Leggs
11th January 2011, 7:06 PM
Like I said earlier there is a chance America will also get the Wi-Fi events due to England having English games.

If they have the GameStop events already planned out, why would they do Wi-Fi too?

rocky505
11th January 2011, 7:08 PM
If they have the GameStop events already planned out, why would they do Wi-Fi too? Like Snowyarticuno said the USA had the Gstop PCP and Gstop Jirachi who made it onto wifi later and they are most likely doing this because there are people in the US who do not have a Gamestop nowhere near them.

Missingno. Master
11th January 2011, 7:18 PM
Wow 2 days what a difference!

Well, to be fair, do you know how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?

I can't believe they didn't reveal any new names yesterday! Maybe it was an oversight. Maybe they were gonna reveal them yesterday but just forgot, and they'll do it today?

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 7:21 PM
We're(US and EU) at least more lucky than the Japanese people, the Japanese people had to pre-order tickets for the movie to download the pokémon. And they could only get ONE legendary beast and a Celebi! We can have all three beasts(It's not confirmed yet for EU, but it's highly posible) and Celebi^_^.

BTW, you US people can brag to us about you can get the beasts earlier, then we have both something to be smug about^_^.

R_N
11th January 2011, 7:32 PM

I can't believe they didn't reveal any new names yesterday! Maybe it was an oversight. Maybe they were gonna reveal them yesterday but just forgot, and they'll do it today?

Or, and this might sound crazy but just listen, they were never going to reveal any names yesterday.

Dracoste
11th January 2011, 7:44 PM

You don't really have to worry that much, they will all probably be revealed just before 4th March, you just heve to wait 2-3 months to know them all(Yes, I know how much that is in Pokémon fanatic years, I'm also one, and look it on the bright side, the longest wait time is already behind us). Maybe they will even reveal some more names next week.

Pikacu
12th January 2011, 11:59 AM
Epic fail all the Americans and their "we'll get the game before Europe" lolololol epic fail, and they will all come back its only 2 days but thats still 2 more days that you

RitterCat
12th January 2011, 12:39 PM
Why don't Australians have anything to be smug about *cries in corner* Kangaskhan is based off a kangaroo, so that beats ALL of you *bursts into tears and weeps inconsolably*

Willow's Tara
12th January 2011, 12:57 PM
Well we are getting the game in March rather then months later, sure it's not before the US but still. And I think we got the Arceus event before they did in Toys R Us.

rocky505
12th January 2011, 1:34 PM
Epic fail all the Americans and their "we'll get the game before Europe" lolololol epic fail, and they will all come back its only 2 days but thats still 2 more days that you Epic fail of a European that seems like a very impatient little boy/girl. We in America have other games that I am sure can hold us off for 2 days. and one more thing, epic fail this european and his/her "Ohz my godz we gotz the gamez beforez Americaz!"

lindsy95
12th January 2011, 2:00 PM
Epic fail all the Americans and their "we'll get the game before Europe" lolololol epic fail, and they will all come back its only 2 days but thats still 2 more days that you

...? Mind pointing this out? I didn't see anyone bragging about it. (I don't pay close attenteon though.)

I know I wasnt~

SasakiThePikachu
12th January 2011, 2:15 PM
Epic fail of a European that seems like a very impatient little boy/girl. We in America have other games that I am sure can hold us off for 2 days. and one more thing, epic fail this european and his/her "Ohz my godz we gotz the gamez beforez Americaz!"

Yeah, Pikacu is being a bit of an idiot (I didn't hear any americans bragging? only getting slightly miffed that we were!), but Rocky, you aren't helping.

Oh my god, I'm dying now. It's going to be like the first days of sept up to B&W's release, when I was obsessively checking Serebii every other hour. I cannot wait to hear Gochiruzeru's english name ^-^

Btw, anyone who has been around for previous releases...is it normal that we're only 2 months away and we don't know the english names yet? It seems they're leaving it a bit close...

GaZsTiC
12th January 2011, 2:30 PM

Ok. Just calm down.

Epic fail of a European that seems like a very impatient little boy/girl. We in America have other games that I am sure can hold us off for 2 days. and one more thing, epic fail this european and his/her "Ohz my godz we gotz the gamez beforez Americaz!"

Someone sounds a little butthurt. :rolleyes:

rocky505
12th January 2011, 2:49 PM
Someone sounds a little butthurt. :rolleyes: Whatchu talking bout Willis?! But yes I was on here since DP was about to come out in Japan and I was very excited about it.

GaGalicious
12th January 2011, 7:15 PM

I know its a bit immature but honestly hes excited... we never get the games before america

LexSuicune
12th January 2011, 7:22 PM
I hope they keep Gochiruzeru's name similar, maybe Gothiselle.

Dracoste
12th January 2011, 8:50 PM
I think the people that traded a legendary/rare/shiny pokémon for a Zorua/Zoroark are feeling a bit stupid right now, cause they can download a Zoroark later over Wi-Fi. Probably also the people that traded legendary/rare/shiny pokémon for a Crown Beasts, cause in the US they can download them now themself and the EU can get them over Wi-Fi(probably also the US).

lindsy95
12th January 2011, 10:35 PM
I know its a bit immature but honestly hes excited... we never get the games before america

Eroupe has gotten several games before the U.S. Granted they aren't main games but still pokemon games.

Speaking of crown beasts, I heard that english CB can't activate the japanese B/W event...? is that true?

Lorde
12th January 2011, 10:39 PM

I'm wondering if they're willing to keep that reference to "goth" in Gochiruzeru's English name. I think Gothiselle sounds lovely, though. I've grown very used to calling it Gochiruzeru though. I remember the day I first saw the Generation 5 Pokemon back in July. Gochiruzeru was the only Pokemon that I liked at first, but then I grew used to all of the others over time. You can imagine how mad I was when I discovered that Gochiruzeru was exclusive to Black version, when I had purchased White version :/

R_N
12th January 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm wondering if they're willing to keep that reference to "goth" in Gochiruzeru's English name. I think Gothiselle sounds lovely, though. I've grown very used to calling it Gochiruzeru though.The moment she gets an english name the better because there's like half a dozen romanizations and all of them are near impossible to spell consistently.
They'll probably keep some form of "goth(i)", since it's kind of the base of her line's design.

I remember the day I first saw the Generation 5 Pokemon back in July. Gochiruzeru was the only Pokemon that I liked at first, but then I grew used to all of the others over time.
I never particularly cared for her. I've warmed up to her over time, but still not enough to say "Yeah I like this". She's better than either of her per-evos though. Yeeesh those a creepy.

You can imagine how mad I was when I discovered that Gochiruzeru was exclusive to Black version, when I had purchased White version :/
How...how did you not know? The moment she was officially revealed they said Gochi was black only. And it was only two weeks after the Oha Suta Trailer, too.

Nibbles4Ever
12th January 2011, 11:00 PM
I hope we get some more english names soon. Especially for yooteri and it's evolutions and the evolutions of the starters.

R_N
12th January 2011, 11:04 PM
I hope we get some more english names soon. Especially for yooteri and it's evolutions and the evolutions of the starters.
We won't be getting start evo names until release. Same with Muurando.

Yorterri is possible, though they seem to want to reveal in batches similar to the CoroCoro unveilings.

Luxrayess
12th January 2011, 11:05 PM

-._-. Wow. And Americans are ones who get stereotyped as being obnoxiously rude in front of foreigners.

Really, two days after the EU release is not nearly enough to make me flip out. And going to Gamestop to get the Crown Beasts is still a steal compared to what the Japanese had to do to get them.

Congrats to the European countries, who usually have to wait considerably longer to get thier Pokeproducts.
---------------------
Shifing gears...
---------------------

I'm wondering if they're willing to keep that reference to "goth" in Gochiruzeru's English name.

It's more likely than Zuruzurkin getting a name with any sort of gang reference, I can tell you that...

R_N
12th January 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm shifting my happiness for Europe to Australia. They always tend to get the even shorter end of the stick, and this time they're a mere 4 days after the U.S.

Good for you guys!

nikohesus
12th January 2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.pokecharms.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/BW2-6.png
So I guess this pretty much confirms that transferred Pokemon receive correct cased names?
SWEET.

Missingno. Master
12th January 2011, 11:27 PM
It's more likely than Zuruzurkin getting a name with any sort of gang reference, I can tell you that...
Aw, don't dash my hopes for its name being Gangpants.

So I guess this pretty much confirms that transferred Pokemon receive correct cased names?
SWEET.
Nice. Now that it seems that transferred Pokemon really do get their names adjusted, I'm all for the idea.

...Wait a second, where the hell did that screenshot come from?!

Sponge
12th January 2011, 11:29 PM
I figured transferred pokemon would get their names changed to the correct case, it's not something that would be difficult to do. It was surprising though when I saw so many people genuinely worrying about it...

-._-. Wow. And Americans are ones who get stereotyped as being obnoxiously rude in front of foreigners.

I doubt what are probably a bunch of 10 year olds paint a very fair picture of Europe...

It's the one of the main reasons we don't use 10 year old kids as Ambassadors for our countries.

I have some name ideas I wanted to share....some of them might be a bit obvious but here we go:

Kumasyun - Flubear (Flu-bear) or maybe Flucub (Flu-cub)

Agirudaa - Aginda (Ajj-jinda) (Agility + a mix of Ninja) || Agilja (Ajill-ja) (Agile + "ja" from Ninja)

Buffalon - Biffro (Biff-fro) (Bison + Afro)

Baruchai - Vulkid (Vul-kid) From Vulture and kid....I don't think this guys name needs to be too complicated.

Furiijio - Furiceo (Fure-ice-c-o) Pretty basic....I can tell the name is based on fury....and the pokemon itself seems pretty angry. So it seemed like a natural translation to me anyway.

Riguree - Uforay/Uforai (U-Forray) (UFO + Ray) (The ray part would allow Oobemu to have a name relating to beam too) || Ufogrey (U-fo-grey)

Ulgamoth - Solamoth (Solar + Moth) I'd prefer the name to stay the same but it probably won't

Maggyo - Maggyo (Maggyo must stay the same, please let another "Munna" happen)

Zurugga - Thugzard (Thug + Lizard) || Hippizard (Hip-pizard) (Hip + Lizard) (This could probably be more for it's evo though)

Nibbles4Ever
12th January 2011, 11:33 PM

Yorterri is possible, though they seem to want to reveal in batches similar to the CoroCoro unveilings.

Oh well, as long as we get some english names before release that will be nice =D

Yanappu
12th January 2011, 11:35 PM
Aw, don't dash my hopes for its name being Gangpants.

Nice. Now that it seems that transferred Pokemon really do get their names adjusted, I'm all for the idea.

...Wait a second, where the hell did that screenshot come from?!

I think it's from the first official trailer. Might be from an advertisement for the event.

Missingno. Master
12th January 2011, 11:38 PM
Oh well, as long as we get some english names before release that will be nice =D

Serebii's likely to reveal the names prior to the release. He actually told me that he can't say when he'll reveal the names, but when he does, they'll all be revealed at once. And I'm betting it's gonna be quite a ways before release, otherwise he'd have just said he's not revealing them until release, which he did not.

Lorde
12th January 2011, 11:42 PM
I was expecting to get some English names for the Generation 5 Pokemon today, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. Though we might get some English names revealed during that big Black & White promotional tour that's coming up. I figure that it'll be similar to the Japanese Black & White tour and that we might get some names leaked from the demo of the games (if the names aren't already revealed by then). I think that Darumakka and Basurao were featured in the Japanese demos, so that might happen in the English demos.

Yanappu
12th January 2011, 11:44 PM
I was expecting to get some English names for the Generation 5 Pokemon today, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. Though we might get some English names revealed during that big Black & White promotional tour that's coming up. I figure that it'll be similar to the Japanese Black & White tour and that we might get some names leaked from the demo of the games (if the names aren't already revealed by then). I think that Darumakka and Basurao were featured in the Japanese demos, so that might happen in the English demos.

So was Hatooboo. Hatooboo was actually the first to get leaked. More than likely, all the same Pokemon from the demo will be shown.

R_N
12th January 2011, 11:47 PM
Also Tabunne and Shikijika. Emonga (and Gigalith) were in a pamphlet, too. It will almost certainly be the bus demo.

Although I guess it could be the other demo. The one only shown to the press, where we found Minezumi, Hatooboo, and (though we didn't know it at the time) Kurumayu

Sabonea_Masukippa
12th January 2011, 11:53 PM

In the sense that 'selle' comes from mademoiselle, I dunno how likely NoA is in keeping that part of the name, since the line can be either gender.

Yeah, very little chance that 'gang' is going to be used, especially with how 'controversial' 'sagging' is already (Mmm, I love me some quotation marks'). I could see something like Skants (skink + pants) or Lizag (lizard + sag), though.

I have some name ideas I wanted to share....some of them might be a bit obvious but here we go:

Furiijio - Furiceo (Fure-ice-c-o) Pretty basic....I can tell the name is based on fury....and the pokemon itself seems pretty angry. So it seemed like a natural translation to me anyway.

Nice tries (all your guesses were nice of course). I have a feeling Kumasyun may keep the sneezing reference from its Japanese name and that Fureezio may get completely changed. Just a hunch, though.

Serebii's likely to reveal the names prior to the release. He actually told me that he can't say when he'll reveal the names, but when he does, they'll all be revealed at once. And I'm betting it's gonna be quite a ways before release, otherwise he'd have just said he's not revealing them until release, which he did not.

Serebii is revealing all names that he knows prior to the EU release.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 12:07 AM
In the sense that 'selle' comes from mademoiselle, I dunno how likely NoA is in keeping that part of the name, since the line can be either gender.
So can Mr. Mime (I'm not trying to be devil's advocate, I just don't think NoA would have a particular issue with the use of mademoiselle, especially as it isn't an English word. I could be wrong, though).

Serebii is revealing all names that he knows prior to the EU release.

Oh? This is news to me. Is there any more of a specific date than that?

Lorde
13th January 2011, 12:10 AM
So can Mr. Mime (I'm not trying to be devil's advocate, I just don't think NoA would have a particular issue with the use of mademoiselle, especially as it isn't an English word. I could be wrong, though).

Mr. Mime got its name before Pokemon were revealed to have genders. Now that we know that Pokemon can be either male or female, I think it would be best to give Pokemon like Gochiruzeru, a gender-neutral English name. I liked the idea of Gochiruzeru being Gothiselle, but I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 12:12 AM
Right right, I had forgotten. Fair enough. We'll have to see... I think it would be nice to maintain the 'Goth-' root, though.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 12:13 AM

Mr. Mime was an accident of first gen when there were no genders. Most Pokemon that can be both genders from gen 2 on tend to avoid obvious male/female words in their names (Kingdra comes to mind as an exception).

Anyway, NoA may decide to use 'selle', but if they don't I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh? This is news to me. Is there any more of a specific date than that?

There is but no one can/will tell anyone that date yet, for various reasons. But it will happen, provided there's nothing to stop it from happening. Hopefully it will be a more smooth reveal than in forth gen.

Luxrayess
13th January 2011, 12:23 AM
I doubt what are probably a bunch of 10 year olds paint a very fair picture of Europe...

It's the one of the main reasons we don't use 10 year old kids as Ambassadors for our countries.

Touche, considering from my own experiences that the French (tourists) did not leave a good impession on me during my trip to London... no pun intended. (I sat behind these very talkative French kids/teenagers during a boat ride tour of the Thames. I couldn't tell what they were saying, but thier loud, continuous chatter sure annoyed the living daylights out of me and my mother.)

Though - as sad as it is - I've seen people as old as fifteen post and text like that.

Agirudaa - Aginda (Ajj-jinda) (Agility + a mix of Ninja) || Agilja (Ajill-ja) (Agile + "ja" from Ninja)

Buffalon - Biffro (Biff-fro) (Bison + Afro)

Baruchai - Vulkid (Vul-kid) From Vulture and kid....I don't think this guys name needs to be too complicated.

Riguree - Uforay/Uforai (U-Forray) (UFO + Ray) (The ray part would allow Oobemu to have a name relating to beam too) || Ufogrey (U-fo-grey)

Ulgamoth - Solamoth (Solar + Moth) I'd prefer the name to stay the same but it probably won't

Maggyo - Maggyo (Maggyo must stay the same, please let another "Munna" happen)

Zurugga - Thugzard (Thug + Lizard) || Hippizard (Hip-pizard) (Hip + Lizard) (This could probably be more for it's evo though)

I like some of these names. "Flubear" sounds awfully cute, but it does remind me of "Pooh Bear."

"Solamoth" is pretty awesome, too.

"Thugzard" and "Hippizard" sound too much like Charizard, though.

wearjo
13th January 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm shifting my happiness for Europe to Australia. They always tend to get the even shorter end of the stick, and this time they're a mere 4 days after the U.S.

Good for you guys!

Awwwww thankyou :)

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 5:55 AM
The rumored names on Pokejungle seem very NoA-ey. I like them. I really like them. Some are kind of common guesses, others are pretty creative. I guess this coming
monday may reveal a couple names, giving it credibility or breaking it.
English names with itallian species

Victini Vittoria 0,4 m 4,0 kg
Snivy Serperba 0,6 m 8,1 kg
Servine Serperba 0,8 m 16,0 kg
Serperior Regale 3,3 m 63,0 kg
Tepig Suinfuoco 0,5 m 9,9 kg
Pignite Suinfuoco 1,0 m 55,5 kg
Emboar Suincendio 1,6 m 150,0 kg
Oshawott Lontra 0,5 m 5,9 kg
Dewott Apprendista 0,8 m 24,5 kg
Samurott Dignitŕ 1,5 m 94,6 kg
Patrat Esplorante 0,5 m 11,6 kg
Watchog Sentinella 1,1 m 27,0 kg
Lillipup Cagnolino 0,4 m 4,1 kg
Herdier Fedeltŕ 0,9 m 14,7 kg
Stoutland Generositŕ 1,2 m 61,0 kg
Purrloin Furbizia 0,4 m 10,1 kg
Liepard Sanguefreddo 1,1 m 37,5 kg
Pansage Scimperba 0,6 m 10,5 kg
Simisage Spinpanzé 1,1 m 30,5 kg
Pansear Testacalda 0,6 m 11,0 kg
Simisear Sfavillante 1,0 m 28,0 kg
Panpour Annaffiatore 0,6 m 13,5 kg
Simipour Spruzzacqua 1,0 m 29,0 kg
Munna Divorasogni 0,6 m 23,3 kg
Musharna Dormiveglia 1,1 m 60,5 kg
Pidove Piccione 0,3 m 2,1 kg
Tranquill Granpiccione 0,6 m 15,0 kg
Unfezant Orgoglio 1,2 m 29,0 kg
Blitzle Caricavolt 0,8 m 29,8 kg
Zebstrika Saetta 1,6 m 79,5 kg
Roggenrola Placca 0,4 m 18,0 kg
Boldore Minerale 0,9 m 102,0 kg
Gigalith Pressionalta 1,7 m 260,0 kg
Woobat Pipistrello 0,4 m 2,1 kg
Swoobat Cercamore 0,9 m 10,5 kg
Drilbur Talpa 0,3 m 8,5 kg
Excadrill Sottoterra 0,7 m 40,4 kg
Audino Ascolto 1,1 m 31,0 kg
Timburr Forzaimmane 0,6 m 12,5 kg
Gurdurr Forzaimmane 1,2 m 40,0 kg
Conkeldurr Forzaimmane 1,4 m 87,0 kg
Tympole Girino 0,5 m 4,5 kg
Palpitoad Vibrazione 0,8 m 17,0 kg
Seismitoad Vibrazione 1,5 m 62,0 kg
Throh Judo 1,3 m 55,5 kg
Sawk Karate 1,4 m 51,0 kg
Sewaddle Grancucito 0,3 m 2,5 kg
Swadloon Coprifoglia 0,5 m 7,3 kg
Leavanny Balia 1,2 m 20,5 kg
Venipede Centipede 0,4 m 5,3 kg
Whirlipede Rotopede 1,2 m 58,5 kg
Scolipede Megapede 2,5 m 200,5 kg
Cottonee Cotonpalla 0,3 m 0,6 kg
Whimsicott Spiffero 0,7 m 6,6 kg
Petilil Radice 0,5 m 6,6 kg
Lilligant Fiorfronzolo 1,1 m 16,3 kg
Basculin Irruenza 1,0 m 18,0 kg
Sandile Sabbiadrillo 0,7 m 15,2 kg
Krokorok Sabbiadrillo 1,0 m 33,4 kg
Krookodile Minaccia 1,5 m 96,3 kg
Darumaka Daruma 0,6 m 37,5 kg
Darmanitan Altefiamme 1,3 m 92,9 kg
Maractus Cactus 1,0 m 28,0 kg
Dwebble Pietracasa 0,3 m 14,5 kg
Crustle Scogliocasa 1,4 m 200,0 kg
Scraggy Mutapelle 0,6 m 11,8 kg
Scrafty Furfante 1,1 m 30,0 kg
Sigilyph Pseuduccello 1,4 m 14,0 kg
Yamask Fatuanima 0,5 m 1,5 kg
Cofagrigus Bara 1,7 m 76,5 kg
Tirtouga Ancestruga 0,7 m 16,5 kg
Carracosta Ancestruga 1,2 m 81,0 kg
Archen Paleouccello 0,5 m 9,5 kg
Archeops Paleouccello 1,4 m 32,0 kg
Trubbish Spazzatura 0,6 m 31,0 kg
Garbodor Discarica 1,9 m 107,3 kg
Zorua Malavolpe 0,7 m 12,5 kg
Zoroark Mutevolpe 1,6 m 81,1 kg
Minccino Cincillŕ 0,4 m 5,8 kg
Cinccino Sciarpa 0,5 m 7,5 kg
Gothita Fissosguardo 0,4 m 5,8 kg
Gothorita Raggiro 0,7 m 18,0 kg
Gothitelle Corpoceleste 1,5 m 44,0 kg
Solosis Cellula 0,3 m 1,0 kg
Duosion Scissione 0,6 m 8,0 kg
Reuniclus Espansione 1,0 m 20,1 kg
Ducklett Alacquatico 0,5 m 5,5 kg
Swanna Biancuccello 1,3 m 24,2 kg
Vanillite Nevefresca 0,4 m 5,7 kg
Vanillish Geloneve 1,1 m 41,0 kg
Vanilluxe Bufera 1,3 m 57,5 kg
Deerling Stagione 0,6 m 19,5 kg
Sawsbuck Stagione 1,9 m 92,5 kg
Emolga Petauro 0,4 m 5,0 kg
Karrablast Addentatore 0,5 m 5,9 kg
Escavalier Cavaliere 1,0 m 33,0 kg
Foongus Fungo 0,2 m 1,0 kg
Amoonguss Fungo 0,6 m 10,5 kg
Frillish Fluttuante 1,2 m 33,0 kg
Jellicent Fluttuante 2,2 m 135,0 kg
Alomomola Assistenza 1,2 m 31,6 kg
Joltik Appiccicante 0,1 m 0,6 kg
Galvantula Elettroragno 0,8 m 14,3 kg
Ferroseed Spinaseme 0,6 m 18,8 kg
Ferrothorn Spinasfere 1,0 m 110,0 kg
Klink Ingranaggio 0,3 m 21,0 kg
Klang Ingranaggio 0,6 m 51,0 kg
Klinklang Ingranaggio 0,6 m 81,0 kg
Tynamo Elettropesce 0,2 m 0,3 kg
Eelektrik Elettropesce 1,2 m 22,0 kg
Eelektross Elettropesce 2,1 m 80,5 kg
Elgyem Cervello 0,5 m 9,0 kg
Beheeyem Cervello 1,0 m 34,5 kg
Litwick Candela 0,3 m 3,1 kg
Lampent Lanterna 0,6 m 13,0 kg
Chandelure Attiranime 1,0 m 34,3 kg
Axew Zanna 0,6 m 18,0 kg
Fraxure Mascellascia 1,0 m 36,0 kg
Haxorus Mascellascia 1,8 m 105,5 kg
Cubchoo Freddo 0,5 m 8,5 kg
Beartic Glaciale 2,6 m 260,0 kg
Cryogonal Cristallo 1,1 m 148,0 kg
Shelmet Lumachina 0,4 m 7,7 kg
Accelgor Sgusciato 0,8 m 25,3 kg
Stunfisk Trappola 0,7 m 11,0 kg
Mienfoo Marziale 0,9 m 20,0 kg
Mienshao Marziale 1,4 m 35,5 kg
Druddigon Grotta 1,6 m 139,0 kg
Golett Statuanimata 1,0 m 92,0 kg
Golurk Statuanimata 2,8 m 330,0 kg
Pawniard Lamaffilata 0,5 m 10,2 kg
Bisharp Fildilama 1,6 m 70,0 kg
Bouffalant Sfondatoro 1,6 m 94,6 kg
Rufflet Aquilotto 0,5 m 10,5 kg
Braviary Baldanza 1,5 m 41,0 kg
Vullaby Pannolino 0,5 m 9,0 kg
Mandibuzz Ossaquila 1,2 m 39,5 kg
Heatmor Formichiere 1,4 m 58,0 kg
Durant Ferformica 0,3 m 33,0 kg
Deino Impeto 0,8 m 17,3 kg
Zweilous Irruenza 1,4 m 50,0 kg
Hydreigon Brutale 1,8 m 160,0 kg
Larvesta Torcia 1,1 m 28,8 kg
Volcarona Sole 1,6 m 46,0 kg
Cobalion Metalcuore 2,1 m 250,0 kg
Terrakion Caverna 1,9 m 260,0 kg
Virizion Prateria 2,0 m 200,0 kg
Tornadus Turbinio 1,5 m 63,0 kg
Thundurus Fulminante 1,5 m 61,0 kg
Reshiram Bianco Veritŕ 3,2 m 330,0 kg
Zekrom Nero Ideale 2,9 m 345,0 kg
Landorus Fertilitŕ 1,5 m 68,0 kg
Kyurem Confine 3,0 m 325,0 kg

Gokuzaru
13th January 2011, 5:59 AM
im amazed at how many names you people can come up with, i mean seriously. if you take every name thats been made on this thread than you would have just done the naming job for them. id be very surprised if none of these names made it as the actual ones.

R_N
13th January 2011, 6:07 AM
Oh, hey, these names were posted by some newbie in the discovery thread earlier today. It's deleted now, though.

Ltrainer
13th January 2011, 6:09 AM
The rumored names on Pokejungle seem very NoA-ey. I like them. I really like them. Some are kind of common guesses, others are pretty creative. I guess this coming

They also posted about the rumored names..

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=3089

Can someone here kindly tell us if the Italy version of Pokemon games retain the English names for the Pokemon? I tried Googling and can't find any Italian names.. I only know that translate it in the French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese versions...

R_N
13th January 2011, 6:22 AM
A comment off of Pokejungle brought up an interesting point

This is incredibly strange, considering, in the Italian games, all of the Pokemon have traditionally kept their American given names. It makes no sense to me why they would start giving them Italian names

Ltrainer
13th January 2011, 6:31 AM
A comment off of Pokejungle brought up an interesting point

Can anyone else confirm this???

If so, we can put a nail to this rumor coffin. I pray to Arceus these names are fake!

I'm so excited for the games and if this comes true, it's going to rumor the experience!

R_N
13th January 2011, 6:51 AM
Can anyone else confirm this???

If so, we can put a nail to this rumor coffin. I pray to Arceus these names are fake!

I'm so excited for the games and if this comes true, it's going to rumor the experience!

*switches BW site to "Italia""*
The names are the same as the English ones. Debunked

Sponge
13th January 2011, 7:07 AM
I can't believe Emonga would change to Emolga......it had a perfect name as it is. :/

Thank goodness these turned out to be fake, some of the names were really odd.

Zhanton
13th January 2011, 7:48 AM
Thank goodness these turned out to be fake, some of the names were really odd.
Some of them just screamed fake, like Foongus and Amoonguss for Tamagetake and Morobareru. (Their supposed Italian names were both the same: Fungo)

XXD17
13th January 2011, 7:54 AM
Mr. Mime got its name before Pokemon were revealed to have genders. Now that we know that Pokemon can be either male or female, I think it would be best to give Pokemon like Gochiruzeru, a gender-neutral English name. I liked the idea of Gochiruzeru being Gothiselle, but I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle.

...but there are still no male Jynx....

Zhanton
13th January 2011, 7:57 AM
...but there are still no male Jynx....
Yup, because I'm sure a male Jynx would make perfect sense. I mean, look at Jynx. She practically screams "I'm a male!", right?

R_N
13th January 2011, 8:05 AM
Yup, because I'm sure a male Jynx would make perfect sense. I mean, look at Jynx. She practically screams "I'm a male!", right?

Have you seen some of these Pokemon?
Like the gochi family?

Zhanton
13th January 2011, 8:09 AM
Have you seen some of these Pokemon?
Like the gochi family?
Although the Gochi family look distinctly feminine, you have to admit that Jynx looks a lot less capable of being male than Gochi and co.
Plus, this is the fourth generation that we've had Jynx being a female-only species. It's not going to change now.

Tyrannotaur
13th January 2011, 8:41 AM
*switches BW site to "Italia""*
The names are the same as the English ones. Debunked

:exits lurk: I just thought Id point out that Pokejungles list isn't arranged in english name -italian name -measurements. Its supposed name -species name -measurements. For example Marill -aqua mouse pokemon -measurments. Checking the italian site confirms this. I am NOT saying these are real, I'm just correcting a misunderstanding. As of right now these are fake until proven true.

;248; : back to lurking :

Zhanton
13th January 2011, 10:03 AM
:exits lurk: I just thought Id point out that Pokejungles list isn't arranged in english name -italian name -measurements. Its supposed name -species name -measurements. For example Marill -aqua mouse pokemon -measurments. Checking the italian site confirms this. I am NOT saying these are real, I'm just correcting a misunderstanding. As of right now these are fake until proven true.

Well that's awkward. >.<
I just checked all the names and it seems that they all have ten characters or less so they can't be proven fake on that basis, but some of the names are just so...fake-like. Like "Foongus" and "Amoonguss" for Tamagetake and Morobareru. The fact that so many of them share an ending in evolution lines also looks a bit lazy. I know it's perfectly fine and not uncommon for members of the same evolutionary family to share an ending, but like half of these ones do so. A lot of them look like really 'messy' names too.

Lorde
13th January 2011, 10:11 AM
She practically screams "I'm a male!", right?

Oh God, I could just imagine :rolleyes:

I'm sticking with what I said before: Gochiruzeru probably won't have an English name that contains a direct reference to something feminine (like "elle" for example). I'm wondering about Meloetta though. They usually keep the Japanese names of Legendary Pokemon in the English games the same. "Etta" is a common suffix in female names, so that would be sort of strange. Then again, Meloetta is genderless unlike Gochiruzeru, so it might work.

Also, I'm going to assume that those "leaked" names are fake for the time being.

BCVM22
13th January 2011, 10:15 AM
"Foongus" and "Amoonguss". I get it! That's pretty funny.

This doesn't quite smell right, but if by some chance, these are real, what happens? People will like some and hate others, there will be some wailing and gnashing of teeth, some complaining from the people who don't get the etymologies (it's not a bad name because you can't spend two minutes on Bulbapedia, kids) and some people declaring "these names suck, I'm only using the Japanese names!" Yeah, have fun with that. And then life will go on. I don't recommend anyone lose sleep over it all.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 10:19 AM
The Italian words are not names, but the classifications.

Exodd
13th January 2011, 10:22 AM
I put a couple of the names in Google translate and the second part of the list does seem more like classifications than names, though some of them are formed from combined words.

Lorde
13th January 2011, 10:25 AM
I put a couple of the names in Google translate and the second part of the list does seem more like classifications than names, though some of them are formed from combined words.

Some English Pokemon classifications are formed from combined words, like "EleSquirrel" for Pachirisu, so I'm not at all surprised that it's true in other languages as well. Like I said though, I'd rather assume that those "leaked" names are fake. I really like some of those, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high, just to have them crash later.

Ophie
13th January 2011, 12:26 PM
I'll just wait until official stuff comes in. No need to jump the gun.

I can think why a girl's favourite pokémon could be Tabunne, but a guy...Tastes differs, I geuss...

Kawaii culture. Tough, testosterone-laden stuff is typically associated with small children and homosexual men in Japan.

You can see this in all of the "bishounen" that goes around: The ideal man in Japan is sensitive, protective, and wise. That he would surround himself in cute, fluffy stuff is part of that ideal.

Now I'm imagining a 10-year-old in a business suit with a briefcase full of important documents discussing foreign policy with a bunch of adults.

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 1:03 PM
"Foongus" and "Amoonguss". I get it! That's pretty funny.

This doesn't quite smell right, but if by some chance, these are real, what happens? People will like some and hate others, there will be some wailing and gnashing of teeth, some complaining from the people who don't get the etymologies (it's not a bad name because you can't spend two minutes on Bulbapedia, kids) and some people declaring "these names suck, I'm only using the Japanese names!" Yeah, have fun with that. And then life will go on. I don't recommend anyone lose sleep over it all.

"There's a Foongus Amoongus" was the main reason I believed them to be NoA-ey (Or who ever does the naming).

Hejiru
13th January 2011, 1:21 PM
So are these supposed to be their American names or their Italian names?

They're mostly ok with me. Some of them sound good. I like Woobat. So it'd be kinda cool if they were real. But as soon as NOA reveals the next name, we'll either have confirmation/deconfirmation.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 1:25 PM
So are these supposed to be their American names or their Italian names?

They're mostly ok with me. Some of them sound good. I like Woobat. So it'd be kinda cool if they were real. But as soon as NOA reveals the next name, we'll either have confirmation/deconfirmation.

They were supposed to be the English names but had the Italian classifications.

New names may not be far away, either..

Rainbowdashtheawesome
13th January 2011, 1:41 PM
I can think of 3 possible names for Ulgamoth:
Warmoth (warm+moth)
Flamoth (flame+moth)
Thermoth (thermal+moth)

Also, I have three possible names for the Condor Pokemon, two old guesses and one new one:
Condark (condor+dark)
Darcondor (dark+condor)
Vulturne (vulture+nocturne)

All the possibilities, if they do make a name like that where they combine two other words I'll feel pretty stupid if they find another one that still sounds good.

Also, I wonder if they'll give any of them names like Ekans, Arbok, and Rotom; names that are related words spelled backwards. I've always found it funny how Ekans spelled backwards is Snake and Arbok spelled backwards is (slightly misspelled) Cobra, but only after getting the Secret Key and reading the journal in the secret room did I realize that Rotom is Motor spelled backwards.
If they do use that method of naming, what Pokemon do you think would be good or likely candidates?

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 2:27 PM
I hope these are the new names, mainly because my predictions of Klang and Maractus have come true if they are! That would be three correct predictions for Generation V! That's a record for me. Last gen, my only correct guess was Yanmega. This time, I guessed Sandile, Klang, and Maractus.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 3:55 PM
"Deino Impeto 0,8 m 17,3 kg
Hydreigon Brutale 1,8 m 160,0 kg"

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob amerikanische Kinder würde die Referenz zu verstehen. Hee hee! :D

[Ein, zwei, drei = 1, 2, 3]

Hooray for doing German in high school and using it for important things in life!

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 3:58 PM

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob amerikanische Kinder würde die Referenz zu verstehen. Hee hee! :D

Hooray for doing German in high school and using it for important things in life!

I was wondering what was up with those names! German numbers, eh? Genius. Just genius.

Nobody's Nerd
13th January 2011, 4:31 PM
I was wondering what was up with those names! German numbers, eh? Genius. Just genius.

Yeah, I couldn't figure those names out until Xweek pointed out the German numbers. The sheer ingenuity makes me think it's even more likely these are the real names. A troll would've gone for something simpler, like Hydragon. They wouldn't have thought up a name that intricate.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 4:34 PM
Yeah, I couldn't figure those names out until Xweek pointed out the German numbers. The sheer ingenuity makes me think it's even more likely these are the real names. A troll would've gone for something simpler, like Hydragon. They wouldn't have thought up a name that intricate.

Also, the list of names is inexplicably vanishing off of sites left and right. Now, if this was because they were fake, the people who run these sites would just say so to stop them from spreading. But they're not. I'm guessing Nintendo forced them to remove the names, which would make them real. Awesome!

And Liepard=awesomeness.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 4:35 PM
You can see this in all of the "bishounen" that goes around: The ideal man in Japan is sensitive, protective, and wise. That he would surround himself in cute, fluffy stuff is part of that ideal.

I also like cute pokémon like Snivy, Kumasyun, Absol and Oshawott:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4208/cuteoshawott.png(seriously, how could you not love this >w<)

But the thing is, they're not my favourite Pokémon.(There's ofcourse nothing wrong to have them as your Fav Poké)

So, he could have choosen Tabunne as his "favourite" Pokémon to attract the ladies?

Oh well, it doesn't really matters.

Now I'm imagining a 10-year-old in a business suit with a briefcase full of important documents discussing foreign policy with a bunch of adults.

Now I can imagining him laughing at everything that even sounds a little bit funny/immature.

I have to say, those names doesn't really look "fan-made". Just wait till the next batch is confirmed, then we will know everything.
Wait, doesn't Serebii already knows all the names, he is the only of the few that know if they are real, and he is mostly the first to reveal them all and he haven't said anything about those names yet. This is a bit puzzling.

Porygandrew
13th January 2011, 4:56 PM
What does the Sanzadora dragon line have to do with Germany? If there was some connection I could see using german counting but if not, then it's just completely arbitrary? That's kind of bad...

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 4:57 PM
What does the Sanzadora dragon line have to do with Germany? If there was some connection I could see using german counting but if not, then it's just completely arbitrary? That's kind of bad...

What do Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have to do with Spain or Mexico?

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 4:58 PM

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Zoroark, Macargo

Explain these and why they're bad too then.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2011, 5:00 PM
Yeah, these names have a nice balance between clever, and simple old-fashioned puns. It's like a mix between old and new, and I like it.

Just figured out that Karrablast for "Kaburumo" is a pun off of "carapace", since it blasts out poison acid in order to remove shells. That was one of the few names confusing me.

aggronFTW
13th January 2011, 5:10 PM

Well ein slots in to Dino nicely, and drei fits well when you mesh hydra and dragon, and they put zwei in to jiheddo for continuity I suppose.

And:
Ein=1=1 head
Zwei=2=2 heads
Drei=3=3 heads

Personally I really like those names, I'm about half and half with the ones I do and dont like.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:19 PM
I've done preliminary name meanings for all of them just on the off chance that these get confirmed, but I'll hold off posting for now.

I the mean time:

Elgyem = LGM = Little Green Monster
Beheeyem = BEM = Bug Eyed Monster
Scolipede = scolopendra + centipede
Sawk = corruption of Sock as in 'sock 'em'
Patrat = patrol rat
Alomomola = mom + mola (meaning sunfish). Also a palindrome.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 5:20 PM
I actually hope that the names of the Dark/Dragon line are real. They really sound nice.
But I won't have my hopes up.
Who actually thinks ALL the names for fun(and good), that list is really something.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 5:25 PM
I've done preliminary name meanings for all of them just on the off chance that these get confirmed, but I'll hold off posting for now.

I the mean time:

Elgyem = LGM = Little Green Monster
Beheeyem = BEM = Bug Eyed Monster
Scolipede = scolopendra + centipede
Sawk = corruption of Sock as in 'sock 'em'
Patrat = patrol rat
Alomomola = mom + mola (meaning sunfish). Also a palindrome.

Aaaahhh.. I was wondering about Elgyem and Beheeyem.

And I just realized something. The other day, you said you had a hunch that Kumasyun's English name would keep the sneezing reference and that Freezio's would be changed completely. And now we have Cubchoo and Cryogonal.

I personally think these are real. If they weren't, I'm sure Serebii would've said so by now.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:28 PM
And I just realized something. The other day, you said you had a hunch that Kumasyun's English name would keep the sneezing reference and that Freezio's would be changed completely. And now we have Cubchoo and Cryogonal.

Yes, what a coincidence. I do say a lot of things, though.

I personally think these are real. If they weren't, I'm sure Serebii would've said so by now.

Serebii rarely, if ever, confirms things as fake himself.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 5:30 PM

He did once last time. Someone had posted a list of Generation IV names and Serebii himself closed the thread, denouncing the names as fake. As it turns out they were.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:34 PM
He did once last time. Someone had posted a list of Generation IV names and Serebii himself closed the thread, denouncing the names as fake. As it turns out they were.

Well no one here has yet posted a full list of the alleged 'names,' for Serebii to denounce.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 5:38 PM

Oh Ok, that actually makes sense, as the maker of a big site you have better things to do than telling "That's fake. Also fake. Fake. How could you believe that."

That list rather looks "profesional". If it is real, how could that guy get his hands on something like that so early(?).
How much time were the Japanese names leaked before the game was released in Japan actually?

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:42 PM
Oh Ok, that actually makes sense, as the maker of a big site you have better things to do than telling "That's fake. Also fake. Fake. How could you believe that."

Exactly, it's not his job to go scouring and pointing out everything that is fake.

That list rather looks "profesional". If it is real, how could that guy get his hands on something like that so early(?).
How much time were the Japanese names leaked before the geme release actually?

Dozens, if not hundreds of people world wide would have access to the names prior to release.

The names were not revealed before the Japanese release, although we had images of the entire dex one or two days before the games went on sale thanks (?) to Melkor from Pokexperto.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 5:44 PM
Maybe I've missed something... But what actual evidence do we have that these are real?

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:48 PM
Maybe I've missed something... But what actual evidence do we have that these are real?

None what so ever.

Or;

1. That they were removed without being explicitly stated as fake by Pokejungle and some other site.
2. Serebii not immediately denouncing them as fake.
3. Circumstantial evidence that suggested I 'knew' the names Cubchoo and Cryogonal at least several days ago, which would assume that I was privy to that sort of information from Serebii or some other source.

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 5:50 PM
Also, the list of names is inexplicably vanishing off of sites left and right. Now, if this was because they were fake, the people who run these sites would just say so to stop them from spreading. But they're not. I'm guessing Nintendo forced them to remove the names, which would make them real. Awesome!

And Liepard=awesomeness.

My theory is that the site masters have joined forces to rid the names until they can reveal them themselves.
I think Serebii mad. u mad, bro?

Now I'm pretty positive that this is the case.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 5:51 PM

It's not much, but the fact that most of the websites that reported the names removed them mysteriously. Either they're fake, or they're real and Nintendo forced them to remove the names. And if they were fake, I kinda think they would have said that that's why they were removed. Which they did not.

3. Circumstantial evidence that suggested I 'knew' the names Cubchoo and Cryogonal at least several days ago, which would assume that I was privy to that sort of information from Serebii or some other source.

Just FYI, I didn't mean that as any sort of accusation. I was merely pointing out the coincidence.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 5:54 PM
Just FYI, I didn't mean that as any sort of accusation. I was merely pointing out the coincidence.

I well no worries then :P

So...what does eveyone think of ... Basculin Basurao?

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 5:55 PM
I well no worries then :P

It's a cool Pokemon. I had already decided VERY early on that I'd use it in Black version. Mine will be the red stripe form, though. I know there's no real significant difference, it's just personal preference.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 6:08 PM
Hmm...Basurao, it doesn't look really strong, but they don't look bad. They remind me of a combination of a piranha and a bass. I especially like that they have different forms. But aside to that, they don't really appeal to me.

EDIT: oh yeah, completely forgot about the ability to have 4 kinds of ability...But still, there are better water Pokémon this gen than Basurao(IMO)

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 6:21 PM
I like it. Probably won't be using it, but it's a cool design, and four abilities is pretty rockin'.

Sponge
13th January 2011, 6:29 PM
Those names that were posted earlier are totally fake, the italian names in the list don't match up with the italian names on the Italian Black/White website...(In fact most of the italian names on the italian site are the same as the english names)

R_N
13th January 2011, 6:30 PM
Well no one here has yet posted a full list of the alleged 'names,' for Serebii to denounce.

Some guy posted them in the Discovery thread well before PokeJungle ever posted their little, uh, "article?"

It was deleted shortly after

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 6:30 PM
Those names that were posted earlier are totally fake, the italian names in the list don't match up with the italian names on the Italian Black/White website...

Those weren't the Italian names, they were the Italian species description.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 6:33 PM
Some guy posted them in the Discovery thread well before PokeJungle ever posted their little, uh, "article?"

It was deleted shortly after

I did not know that. Although, it was not Serebii who deleted them as he was asleep. It may have been the original poster, scared someone might be able to trace their IP.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 6:34 PM
Those weren't the Italian names, they were the Italian species description.

Which do, in fact, line up with the names revealed on the Italian site.

Lorde
13th January 2011, 6:37 PM

It's ugly, that's for sure. I really don't like it as much as I thought I would back when it was first revealed in some picture that someone took of the B/W demos. I remember playing White version and wondering where you found Basurao, and then once I got Surf, and the nightmare began. I must've ran into hundreds of Basurao while I was Surfing around some of the ponds and lakes of Unova. Basurao. Basurao everywhere.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 6:39 PM

For the fun I translated the Oshawott line species description:
Lontra:Otter
Apprendista:Apprentice
Dignitŕ:Dignity

Hmmm....fitting, also tried with the Tepig line, didn't work, probably because it's a mix between words.

Beeblebrox
13th January 2011, 6:51 PM
I smell a cover-up. I'd put money on these names being real.

Overall, with oneor two exceptions (Scrafty? Really?) I'm really happy. Some, like the Foongus line and the Deino line, are stone-cold genius. Fond of Reuniclus and Purrloin as well.

Maxim
13th January 2011, 7:04 PM
The fact that they were posted along with Italian species names makes me think that they're authentic. I mean, if you were to post entire list of fake Pokemon names, would you also add species names? In Italian?! I think not...

So, Serebii confirms or Serebii denies?

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 7:09 PM
The fact that they were posted along with Italian species names makes me think that they're authentic. I mean, if you were to post entire list of fake Pokemon names, would you also add species names? In Italian?! I think not...

So, Serebii confirms or Serebii denies?

Serebii hasn't commented at all.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:17 PM

And some are even combinations! I know there are a lot of Pokémon fans, but I never saw someone crazy enough to think up NoA-like names for Pokémon and even add species names. Even the people here on Serebii that predicted names didn't add species(or I missed them).

Luxrayess
13th January 2011, 7:19 PM
I wouldn't be 100% sure about those names.

But then again, I remember those Pokeexperto(spell?) leaks from months past...

Sponge
13th January 2011, 7:21 PM

It wouldn't be hard to just take the revealed italian species names from the main website and add it among the fakes....

I still can't my head around the name Tranquil...

I've played Dragon Age: Origins.....and in that Tranquil is a name for people who have no emotion or any sort of desire to do anything for themselves....I'm not going to be able to look at that pokemon the same way again if this is true. :(

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:24 PM
I still can't my head around the name Tranquil...

I've played Dragon Age: Origins.....and in that Tranquil is a name for people who have no emotion or any sort of desire to do anything for themselves....I'm not going to be able to look at that pokemon the same way again if this is true. :(

It let's me think of the word "tranquilizer". But was has tranquilizers have to do with birds? Does it's sings to calm people......uhhh......well, bird songs/chirps are calming, I think.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 7:24 PM
It's Tranquill. Two "l"s at the end.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:28 PM
It's Tranquill. Two "l"s at the end.

I think something like that is called a "corruption" or "misspelling". Like Porygon, Koffing or weezing.

Nobody's Nerd
13th January 2011, 7:31 PM
"Tranquil" means "calm" or "peaceful." It seems to fit with Hatooboo's White Pokedex entry:

from Pokebeach

Hatohboh 520: It’s said that the forests where Hatohboh lives are peaceful regions free of strife.

That's all I could find to support it. After all, Hatooboo doesn't look all that tranquil. :<

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 7:31 PM
I think something like that is called a "corruption" or "misspelling". Like Porygon.

Could also be a combination of "tranquil" and "quill", which was the word for feathers that were used for writing.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:36 PM
Could also be a combination of "tranquil" and "quill", which was the word for feathers that were used for writing.

Yay, learned something new today.
These names are getting more and more lickely! They even have mutiple puns in it(most fan names also have, but more obvious). And I think not much people are thinking about tranquility when they see Hatooboo.
Hmm...what to do what to do, believe in it...or not... For now I believ in the names I like:D

I have to say, the Sandile evo's names are a bit weak compared to "Sandile".

Maxim
13th January 2011, 7:37 PM
Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon

Am I the only one who lol'd hard at these three?

And what? Wargle is Braviary? I guess they didn't want a name based on war. Why not Peacegle, then? :P

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:40 PM
Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon

Am I the only one who lol'd hard at these three?

And what? Wargle is Braviary? I guess they didn't want a name based on war. Why not Peacegle, then? :P

No, I loled too. And their names really mix well with the german number names.
Deino closely resembles Dino.
In Hydreigon the drei is a great bridge to connect "Hydra" and "Dragon".
I only can't see the pun of Zweilous, someone want to tell me where the "lous" comes from^-^'.
(Lol, see us discusing about names that are not even revealed to be treu^_^.)

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 7:43 PM
No, I loled too. And their names really mix well with the german number names.
Deino closely resembles Dino.
In Hydreigon the drei is a great bridge to connect "Hydra" and "Dragon".
I only can't see the pun of Zweilous, someone want to tell me where the lous comes from^-^'.
(Lol, see us discusing about names that are not even revealed to be treu^_^.)

Jealous - both heads are jealous of the other and they fight over food. Could be zealous I suppose...

Lorde
13th January 2011, 7:47 PM
I wouldn't be 100% sure about those names.

But then again, I remember those Pokeexperto(spell?) leaks from months past...

Personally, I'm trying to be cautious about these "leaked" names for now, but I'm starting to like some of the ones I noticed. And I do remember the Pokemon leaks from before Black and White were released, quite vividly infact. We used to get fan-art for some of the Pokemon like Zuruggu, Choroneko, Monmen, and several others. I didn't really believe that those were real Pokemon at the time, so I rarely commented on those. I was just trying to be careful since I was pretty sure that they were going to be fakes in the end.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 7:49 PM
Jealous - both heads are jealous of the other and they fight over food. Could be zealous I suppose...

Or both.(Think about these names as real: )NoA loves to make different meanings with one word, just look at "pan" in Panpour.

Naetle-92
13th January 2011, 8:00 PM
I had posted yesterday the names of Pokemon, and then I posted on pokčjungle

Gazooki@ONM
13th January 2011, 8:03 PM
Mandibuzz for Barujiina? Really? The first couple of times reading that list I got confused and thought they'd missed it out and accidentally put the ant there, until I checked again and there was Durant. I don't even get how Mandibuzz, which sounds distinctly Bug-like to me, could relate to a Dark/Flying type.

Sabonea_Masukippa
13th January 2011, 8:05 PM
Mandibuzz for Barujiina? Really? The first couple of times reading that list I got confused and thought they'd missed it out and accidentally put the ant there, until I checked again and there was Durant. I don't even get how Mandibuzz, which sounds distinctly Bug-like to me, could relate to a Dark/Flying type.

go look up the words mandible and buzzard

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 8:05 PM

Buzzard.

*10charlimit*

Xweek
13th January 2011, 8:07 PM
It's a combination of Buzzard (a bird, usually associated with evil) and Mandible (part of a bird beak).

I think the confusion lay in that the usual thoughts when putting them together would be Buzz (a common insect noise) and mandible (bug jaws). Well, there be more than one type of mandible!

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 8:07 PM
go look up the words mandible and buzzard

Mandible directs to that jaw like apron, right!? And buzzard is a kind of predator bird.

Sponge
13th January 2011, 8:09 PM
That's all I could find to support it. After all, Hatooboo doesn't look all that tranquil. :<

Doesn't look like an overly calm pokemon to me either....:S

Having another good look through these names.....it seems like it would be an absolute mouthful nightmare.

Beheeyem
Alomomola
Reuniclus
Sigilyph
Eelektross
Whimsicott

By the time you get the chance to say "Go Alomomola!" the battle will be over...

If they turn out to be true....I guess I'd get used to them but It'll be tough, simplicity doesn't seem to be the order of the day with these names. It's not even that I don't like the names....they just seem a bit overwhelming...

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 8:12 PM

Well it does likes calm places, it's name probably directs to it's preferable habitat.(and probably "quill" as in that feather where they writhed with.)

Xweek
13th January 2011, 8:12 PM
Gorebyss doesn't look viscious and cruel, either. :P

On the other hand, Vullaby is such a cute name!

Sponge
13th January 2011, 8:31 PM
I actually like the name Whimsicott now that I think about it. It sounds so light a name....just like the pokemon. :)

I'm sure if these are real that they'll grow on me...

streetlightdsb
13th January 2011, 8:47 PM
The Isshu issue I have with these names, and I haven't had a chance to look at them in detail, is that they're all quite long and complicated. It just seems as though someones looked at Darmanitan's name and decided that all the names should be like that- ultra long and fit as many plays on words as possible.

And Pignite? Really? It just so happens that one of the fan names for Pokabu is the official english name of it's evolution? This all seems suspicious to me. Calling it fake for now, but if they're real I will not whine that they suck and "they totally should have kept the japanese name, that was soooo much better!!11!" as seems to be the fashion amongst the fandom.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 8:52 PM
As Dutch I think the name Krookodile is a bit lazy, couse the dutch woord foor crocodile is "krokodil". (Now I'm going to diss myself) But it actually could come from "crook" which fits that black thing on it's eyes resembling a bit like a bandit's "eye thing"(I knew it's name would contain something that had to do with that eye thing) and crocodile. probably also with "ile" which could also contains ill or evil.

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:07 PM
The Isshu issue I have with these names, and I haven't had a chance to look at them in detail, is that they're all quite long and complicated. It just seems as though someones looked at Darmanitan's name and decided that all the names should be like that- ultra long and fit as many plays on words as possible.

And Pignite? Really? It just so happens that one of the fan names for Pokabu is the official english name of it's evolution? This all seems suspicious to me. Calling it fake for now, but if they're real I will not whine that they suck and "they totally should have kept the japanese name, that was soooo much better!!11!" as seems to be the fashion amongst the fandom.

Fans correctly guessing names is nothing new. It happened a number of times in the 3rd generation (Swampert, for example), and marginally less so in 4th generation (I know I was all about the Combee name).

And it was more "Pignition" not "Pignite"

squrtle
13th January 2011, 9:10 PM
Hoping they're real, I kinda like 'em.

Blueysicle
13th January 2011, 9:10 PM
And Pignite? Really? It just so happens that one of the fan names for Pokabu is the official english name of it's evolution? This all seems suspicious to me.

To be fair, Snivy was a popular fan name as well. It was more or less an alternative to those that didn't like Smugleaf.

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:13 PM
To be fair, Snivy was a popular fan name as well. It was more or less an alternative to those that didn't like Smugleaf.

It helps that it was an actual translation of the name

Arceus, The Original One
13th January 2011, 9:14 PM
SWEET.

Finally. This is something that was needed from Gen IV onwards.

Throh Judo 1,3 m 55,5 kg
Axew Zanna 0,6 m 18,0 kg

Seriously? I was expecting better if these are real.

Chibi_Muffin
13th January 2011, 9:15 PM

Yeah, that's my problem too. That seriously makes me doubt them. I mean, we have simple stuff like Snivy, Tepig and Sandile already, all of the new names shouldn't be Darmanitan/Oshawott - scale length. I doubt these are real, but who knows? I just hope they aren't total tongue twisters.

Edit: Looking in closer detail, some of them aren't too bad. A few, though, like Mandibuzz, really bug me.

...And HAXORUS?! Start the meme jokes, folks...

Zalman
13th January 2011, 9:20 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143911p1.html

New names.

Tepig
13th January 2011, 9:20 PM
Don't know if anyone has noticed but it seems that IGN has an article including the english names of several pokemon. Can be seen here http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143911p1.html.
But, I haven't found any other confirmations.

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:25 PM
Well, looks like they're real unless IGN decided to jump the gun and go with rumored names.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 9:25 PM
And Liepard=awesomeness.

I first had to think about it while it is so awesome. Now I see it, if that's real, then it's one of the most awesomest, bestest and cleverest names that NoA ever made XD!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143911p1.html

New names.
This can't just be coincident, can it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2011, 9:27 PM

Hmm...I disagree. I think there's a nice mix of complex names and simple puns this time, which I like. Compare Cofagrigus to Sawk, for instance.

Adrexus
13th January 2011, 9:28 PM
Don't know if anyone has noticed but it seems that IGN has an article including the english names of several pokemon. Can be seen here http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143911p1.html.
But, I haven't found any other confirmations.

Well, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation so far, and I don't know if I trust IGN, but if they are real, then I have to go WTF! at Reuniclus and cofagrigus. Talk about tongue twisters! Do you know how to pronounce these names? I certainly don't.

I'm hoping the screenshots are fake, but I guess we will know when the time comes

Naetle-92
13th January 2011, 9:29 PM
For the fun I translated the Oshawott line species description:
Lontra:Otter
Apprendista:Apprentice
Dignitŕ:Dignity

Hmmm....fitting, also tried with the Tepig line, didn't work, probably because it's a mix between words.

Tepig Suinfuoco = pig+fire
Pignite Suinfuoco = pig+ fire
Emboar Suincendio = pig+ incendio

Zalman
13th January 2011, 9:33 PM
Now Serebii has updated as well. They're real.

Dracoste
Well, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation so far, and I don't know if I trust IGN, but if they are real, then I have to go WTF! at Reuniclus and cofagrigus. Talk about tongue twisters! Do you know how to pronounce these names? I certainly don't.

I'm hoping the screenshots are fake, but I guess we will know when the time comes

If these are real.

then we also have some attack names revealed:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3996/48985206.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1564/16044263.jpg

and some abilitys: Mummy, Sand Rush, Sand Force and Overcoat.

Ultimate Glalie
Well, looks like they're real unless IGN decided to jump the gun and go with rumored names.The names must be real since IGN even has screenshots of the games with the names in them.

There are some English moves and abilities there that weren't previously revealed:

- Mummy keeps its Japanese name
- Sand Throw is now known as Sand Rush
- Sand Strength is now known as Sand Force
- Double Chop is now known as Dual Chop
- Heart Stamp keeps its Japanese name
- You First is now known as After You
- Dustproof is now known as Overcoat
- Free Fall is now known as Sky Drop

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:37 PM
Well since the names are very likely real (I guess), I'm going to go into a mini-lock down a little earlier, only going by released information. I kind of want to discover some of the names for myself.

Also:
Sand Paddle -> Sand Rush
Sand Power -> Sand Force
Double Chop -> Dual Chop
You First -> After You
Dust Guard -> Overcoat
Free Fall -> Sky Drop

Mokomo -> Fennel

Heart Stamp & Mummy stay the same

Chibi_Muffin
13th January 2011, 9:38 PM
...But they aren't on the official site. @_@

...Reuniclus. Heh. Kinda cute.

Lol, overcoat.

*Imagines Embrie wearing a big yellow mac*

Maxim
13th January 2011, 9:40 PM
So, it's real.

Sucks that no character or place names have been revealed. These are way more interesting.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 9:42 PM
So, it's real.

Sucks that no character or place names have been revealed. These are way more interesting.

Makomo's name got revealed. Fennel. I don't have a clue where it comes from...Also a kind of plant/tree^_^???

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 9:44 PM

Having another good look through these names.....it seems like it would be an absolute mouthful nightmare.

Beheeyem
Alomomola
Reuniclus
Sigilyph
Eelektross
Whimsicott

By the time you get the chance to say "Go Alomomola!" the battle will be over...

If they turn out to be true....I guess I'd get used to them but It'll be tough, simplicity doesn't seem to be the order of the day with these names. It's not even that I don't like the names....they just seem a bit overwhelming...

People must be put of by the letter y or something... These are not difficult to pronounce.
Beheeyem is spelled out for you, literally. Bee - He - Yem.
I'll give you Alomomola.
Reuni (like Reunion) + clus.
Sig. Ill. If.
Elect Ross.
Whimsy + Cot.

The names must be real since IGN even has screenshots of the games with the names in them.

Are you familiar with Photoshop, my friend?

Adrexus
13th January 2011, 9:44 PM
You know, I'm starting to think that these names are maybe real, because when Japan started revealing pokemon, this was roughly the same order that they were released in.

It's funny, Rankurusu was one of my favorite 5th gen pokemon (it still is) and I find out its name and go 0_0. This name will have to grow on me before I start liking it.

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 9:45 PM
Why are people doubting IGN's credibility?

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:45 PM
Makomo's name got revealed. Fennel. I don't have a clue where it comes from...Also a kind of plant/tree^_^???

Well let's find out!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennel
It's an aromatic herb, which kind of goes with her dreamy qualities and one of the basis for Muuna & Musharna.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 9:48 PM
Well let's find out!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennel
It's an aromatic herb, which kind of goes with her dreamy qualities and one of the basis for Muuna & Musharna.

Woohoo, NoA is so predictably with Proffesor's names^_^(not what they will be, but that they will be based on plants/trees.)

Maxim
13th January 2011, 9:48 PM
Fennel? Bad, bad, ugly name...

Naetle-92
13th January 2011, 9:55 PM
in italy, the name of the girl rival is Bianca

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 9:56 PM
Wow what a week, First the EU release date is revealed, then we get confirmation we can get the beasts over Wi-Fi, and finnaly we now know ALL(probably) Pokémon names!

Ultimate Glalie
13th January 2011, 9:56 PM
Are you familiar with Photoshop, my friend?I highly doubt IGN would post any images unless they were certain the images were not fake.

Overall, I'm glad that these names turned out to be real. There are a few that are hard to pronounce (Alomomola, for example) but overall, I think they're great.

R_N
13th January 2011, 9:58 PM
I highly doubt IGN would post any images unless they were certain the images were not fake.

Overall, I'm glad that these names turned out to be real. There are a few that are hard to pronounce (Alomomola, for example) but overall, I think they're great.

I think that would be Al o mo mo la

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 9:58 PM

I don't really see the trouble with Alomomola. Al-o-mo-mo-la(that's how I say it at least)

Yanappu
13th January 2011, 9:59 PM
Are you familiar with Photoshop, my friend?

Are you familiar with IGN? Apparently not. IGN is probably the most credible source you can get besides Nintendo themselves. And, please don't say "Well, it came from IGN blogs" because it didn't. It came from IGN themselves.

I really like these names. Especially Gothitelle and Reuniclus.

Gothitelle comes from "gothic" and more than likely "elle" the French pronoun for "she" or the feminine form of "it"

:3

R_N
13th January 2011, 10:01 PM
Are you familiar with IGN? Apparently not. IGN is probably the most credible source you can get besides Nintendo themselves. And, please don't say "Well, it came from IGN blogs" because it didn't. It came from IGN themselves.

Gothitelle comes from "gothic" and more than likely "elle" the French pronoun for "she" or the feminine form of "it"

Also probably "tell" since it can see the future by the stars

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:05 PM

I think I've heard something that it would be that(before the names where revealed)

Gothita probably is a mix between Goth and lolita.

Most of those names are really awesome(I haven't read the all the names thoroughly yet, it's rather hard to picture a pokémon with the name if there is such a big list when you haven't any pictures next to them)

tmega90
13th January 2011, 10:09 PM
Wow I love the new names!! They are so cool. Does this mean that list is real.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:11 PM

After the names that were in the list were the same as the names IGN revealed, the percent of it being true skyrocketed. I at least think they're true.

Fresco
13th January 2011, 10:11 PM
Poor Mamanbou. =P Alomomola is such a mouthful.

Presumably it's derived from 'aloe' (due to it's medicinal/healing properities) and 'Mola mola' (the ocean sunfish)?

I do think Woobat's a neat name. It also rhymes with Zubat, which is a nice touch.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 10:15 PM

The ING stuff came after the list, so I'd say the list is 100% confirmed now.

As if there was any doubt, at least with me.

gliscor&yanmega
13th January 2011, 10:16 PM
It's going to get more and more difficult remembering all these names now, for me anyways.

I'm surprise I'm not crazy about these names, although it most likely is just because I'm not use to them.

Patrat, and Woobat I can probably remember easily.

Gothitelle and Reuniculs I'll probably have the most trouble with.

Braviary, Drilbur, and Axew I'm not sure about. I think most people will be disappointed that Braviary isn't "Wargle".

Musharna I still have trouble with.

I can't wait when the game gets to Canada so I can get it. So many months of waiting for this awesome game.

EDIT: What's this about a list of names? Can someone post it if it wouldn't be too much trouble, unless it's only one of the last few pages then I'll look for it.

halloweenghost
13th January 2011, 10:19 PM
Where can i see this list?

Blazios
Bulbanews also had an article on the names with the list which is now gone after about 5 minutes.

Dr. Leggs
EDIT: What's this about a list of names? Can someone post it if it wouldn't be too much trouble, unless it's only one of the last few pages then I'll look for it.

First post on page 241, sir.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Throh Judo 1,3 m 55,5 kg
Axew Zanna 0,6 m 18,0 kg

Here it is, Rentaline99 was the first one that posted it on this thread.

Maxim
13th January 2011, 10:21 PM
in italy, the name of the girl rival is Bianca

Source?

Also, Bianca is already Candice's Italian name. So I doubt it.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Are you familiar with IGN? Apparently not. IGN is probably the most credible source you can get besides Nintendo themselves.

I wasn't aware, I thought IGN was notorious for its untrustworthiness. I seem to have confused it with another website, though. My fault.

Here's the list, everyone;

English names with itallian species

Throh Judo 1,3 m 55,5 kg
Axew Zanna 0,6 m 18,0 kg

EDIT: Ninja'd, but here it is anyway.

Blazios
13th January 2011, 10:23 PM
Source?

If I'm not mistaken, the names of Brock and Steven are both Pierre in France, so it's a possibility.

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 10:29 PM
A post by Serebii on Bulbagarden forums further confirms the list's authenticity.

LexSuicune
13th January 2011, 10:30 PM
They're all horrible.

Except Gochiruzeru's, Ranculus' and Wargle's.

PATRAT?... WOOBAT?...

Sounds like Wombat.

Naetle-92
13th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Source?

the source is the same as that reported the names of Pokemon and the name Fennel

ah the name cheren still cheren

tmega90
13th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Woobat probably is Woo (as in to woo somebody) and bat.

Karpi
13th January 2011, 10:32 PM
Seismitoad should be Amplitoad instead!! (doesn't sound contrived and is a clever pun)

And we also have several names that induce a *headdesk*
Such as Throh & Sawk, all of the elemental monkeys, Woobat & Swoobat, Elgyem & Beeheeyem... Just look at those names all together. Would any set of fakemon really be taken seriously with those names? I don't think so!

On the plus side, there's several I like! Volcarona is a pretty BA name for Ulgamoth! Hydreigon is a good name for Sazando too, and Conkeldurr as Rohpushin just makes me laugh... It's a good competitive pokemon, so I just imagine these people who take pokemon all so seriously being forced to use a pokemon named Conkeldurr!

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Conkeldurr as Rohpushin just makes me laugh... It's a good competitive pokemon, so I just imagine these people who take pokemon all so seriously being forced to use a pokemon named Conkeldurr!

It does haves a clown nose, so they probably gave it a funny name to go with his clown nose.

gliscor&yanmega
13th January 2011, 10:40 PM
First post on page 241, sir.

I actually found it after I post, but thanks anyways.

The list of names would be easier to read with the Japanese names just to know who exactly is who, since it's a little difficult to tell in some cases, for me anyways.

Most of the names seem odd to me though, hopefully it's just because of the new factor.

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I wish some one would post both Japanese and English so we can actually tell which one's which.
In fact the only names of the Pokemon I can remember that are in the above poster's signature are Samurott and Zekrom.

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 10:42 PM
On the plus side, there's several I like! Volcarona is a pretty BA name for Ulgamoth! Hydreigon is a good name for Sazando too, and Conkeldurr as Rohpushin just makes me laugh... It's a good competitive pokemon, so I just imagine these people who take pokemon all so seriously being forced to use a pokemon named Conkeldurr!

Hurpa derp Alert!

Missingno.Master did a pretty good job. The english names are next to the japanese ones.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?bt=119284

Missingno. Master
13th January 2011, 10:45 PM
And now, Bulbapedia is in denial about the legitimacy of the names, even the ones re-confirmed by ING! Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised, they thought Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour could've been nicknames, even though they were on the frickin' game box!

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:47 PM
I've already memorized the starter and evo names^_^. Snivy, Servine, Serperior(I.Just.Love.This.Name!). Tepig, Pignite, Emoar(the names got hotter!) Oshawott, Dewott(uhhh...De...as in???), Samurott(so they sticked with the ott part).

It's quite handy to already know the names so early, it becomes easier to memorize (some of) them.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 10:48 PM
(uhhh De...as in ???)

Dew, not De. :P

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 10:48 PM
I've already memorized the starter and evo names^_^. Snivy, Servine, Serperior(I.Just.Love.This.Name!). Tepig, Pignite, Emoar(the names got hotter!) Oshawott, Dewott(uhhh...De...as in???), Samurott(so they sticked with the ott part).

De- as in Dew.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew

EDIT:Fudging Ninja'd

I love the new names, by the way. I'm not affected by the new information reaction complex.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 10:51 PM
De- as in Dew.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew

I love the new names, by the way. I'm not affected by the new information reaction complex.

HahahahaXD, lol, silly from me to not noticing that, probably because I pronounced it as Dee-wott

SasakiThePikachu
13th January 2011, 10:56 PM
Not taking any new names as fact until Serebii confirms them. My thoughts on the *confirmed* names...

Braviary - now, come on. I try never to complain, but that is truly awful.
Patrat - I get it, but it's not really a rat. Whatever.
Gothitelle - me likey
Reuniclus - eehh? no bloody idea how to pronounce
Cofagrigus - see above
Drilbur - could've been better, but it'll grow on me
Axew - WUT? Oh, right they're building up to some kind of 'On-on-axe' thing, aren't they? It's sorta sweet.
Woobat - does anyone else besides me notice the obvious references to first gen? Seriously, Patrat and Ratatta, Woobat and Zubat? Hehe awesome
Musharna - yay, it kept its Japanese name

All in all, good so far! Braviary is the only one I have a problem with. It should've just been left as Wargle...it already made sense in english.

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 10:56 PM
I like the english names too - some of them are abit hard to figure out how to pronounce, but otherwise I like them. The people clamoring about how "unoriginal" the english names are need to translate the japanese ones to see just how unoriginal naming a gear pokemon "gear" is haha.

ALso I think Braviary is by far the most clever name I've seen for these. Combining Brave and Aviary aptly describe a fearless eagle pokemon and I think the name rolls off the tounge haha.

~Silver Aura~
13th January 2011, 10:58 PM
I must say I Absol-utly love the name Woobat. It just appeals to me for some reason.But the name Axew? That made lolwut? I guess I'll get used to it.

Karpi
13th January 2011, 10:58 PM
I like the english names too - some of them are abit hard to figure out how to pronounce, but otherwise I like them. The people clamoring about how "unoriginal" the english names are need to translate the japanese ones to see just how unoriginal naming a gear pokemon "gear" is haha.

Hypno's japanese name: Sleeper

Yes, some are so extremely unoriginal that you just have to laugh

gliscor&yanmega
13th January 2011, 11:01 PM
Hurpa derp Alert!

Missingno.Master did a pretty good job. The english names are next to the japanese ones.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?bt=119284

Thanks.

So let's see, some of my favorite Pokemon possible English names are:
Sandile Meguroko-I have no problem with it, would have that something with "Desert" in it would have been more suited. But "Sand" works too.
Krokorok Warubiru-...I'm not sure how to pronounce that. Not sure what it's suppose to be based on either, maybe "Crook" and "Crocodile". Sounds interesting.
Krookodile Warubiaru-I guess "Crook" and "Crocodile". Sounds interesting.
Joltik Bachuru-I guess "Jolt" and "Tick". Sounds nice.
Galvantula Denchura-I know "Tarantula" most likely but what else? Sounds interesting.
Yamask Desumasu-"Mask" obviously, not sure what else. Sounds nice.
Cofagrigus Desukan-"Sarcophagus" obviously, not sure what else. Not sure how it's pronounce but hopefully a certain word doesn't get pronounced by it. Seems interesting.
Larvesta Meraruba-"Larva" not sure what else. Sounds interesting.
Volcarona Urugamosu-"Volcano" no sure what else. Surprise "Moth" isn't in it. Sounds interesting.

No real disappoint for those, a little confusion though. Overall they all sound interesting and sound nice, wouldn't mine if it's true.

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 11:01 PM
Not taking any new names as fact until Serebii confirms them. My thoughts on the *confirmed* names... I believe Serebii confirmed them on Bulbagarden forums, and IGN pretty much confirmed them as well with the names below.

Braviary - now, come on. I try never to complain, but that is truly awful. I find Wargle to be awful. I mean, it's freaking Japanese and sounds like someone gurgling. Braviary isn't too bad.
Patrat - I get it, but it's not really a rat. Whatever. No, it's not a rat, it's a Patrat.
Gothitelle - me likey Me too.
Reuniclus - eehh? no bloody idea how to pronounce Reunion+cluster
Cofagrigus - see above Lol CoFAGrigus. I understand the meaning but I no likey.
Drilbur - could've been better, but it'll grow on me I like it. Drilbur->Excadrill is win.
Axew - WUT? Oh, right they're building up to some kind of 'On-on-axe' thing, aren't they? It's sorta sweet. I found it to be a pun of Askew.
Woobat - does anyone else besides me notice the obvious references to first gen? Seriously, Patrat and Ratatta, Woobat and Zubat? Hehe awesome Also Woo as in woo with love.
Musharna - yay, it kept its Japanese name Ok

All in all, good so far! Braviary is the only one I have a problem with. It should've just been left as Wargle...it already made sense in english. NoA would not have allowed the word War in a Pokemon name. Braviary is still awesome.

Comments in BOLD.
I still love the new names, NO MATTER WHAT. NOW GIVE ME THE FREAKIN' GAME.

Mr.Munchlax
13th January 2011, 11:02 PM

I don't get it |(

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:03 PM

Kakuna is just Cocoon in Japanese as well - I think the Japanese names just sound more exotic to English speakers but in reality it's often just "Noun + Adjective" for the Japanese names just like the English ones.

Dizzee
13th January 2011, 11:03 PM
Poor Mamanbou. =P Alomomola is such a mouthful.

Presumably it's derived from 'aloe' (due to it's medicinal/healing properities) and 'Mola mola' (the ocean sunfish)?

I do think Woobat's a neat name. It also rhymes with Zubat, which is a nice touch.

Like Ducklett -> Diglett. :P

And i think Braviary is a mouthful but cooler than wargle (Sounds a lot like Bravery). Sue me. :P

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 11:04 PM
I don't get it |(

German numbers, evolution states.
One two three.
ein, zwei, drei
You see now?

Blazios
13th January 2011, 11:04 PM

Haunter's Japanese name: Ghost
Charmeleon's Japanese name: Lizard.

Yeah.

I don't see how I'll ever get used to Sawk, seeing as I pronounce "aw" closer to a u sound than an o sound.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:06 PM
Galvantula Denchura-I know "Tarantula" most likely but what else? Sounds interesting.

Most definitely galvanise/galvanisation.

...Huh, I learned about that in chemistry, it's not simple stuff (they use the process to coat your cars). It's all to do with electrochemical science.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 11:06 PM
Reuniclus - eehh? no bloody idea how to pronounce
Cofagrigus - see above

Reuni(reunion)-clus
Cof(as in Koffing)-a-gri-gus

Drilbur: lol, I now can see some streetworkers accidentaly picking up a Drilbur instead of a jackhammer(Dutch:"drillboor").

@g&y: Krokorok: probably "Crocorock"

Leipard and Drilbur, two Pokémon names while pronounced in English becomes similair to Dutch words. Could NoE helped with these names?

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:08 PM
I like how a lot of the new names paralell the older gen's names like Zubat and Woobat and personally I think Geodude and Rogenrolla need to hang out.

Is Audino a pun of like... "I dunno..." like how in Japanese "Tabun ne?" means like "Maybe"? Or is it in another language?

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:09 PM
It's audio for it's ears, I think.

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 11:09 PM
^Perhaps both. You see, that's why I love these names.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:10 PM
It's a very Australian pronunciation of the phrase, then!

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:12 PM
It's a very Australian pronunciation of the phrase, then!

Yeah I think it might be Audio + I dunno to imply it's large ears and it's Japanese name of "maybe right?"

And I love how you thought of that - Audino is now officially the australian pokemon haha

Deja Vu
13th January 2011, 11:12 PM
Unfezent is a play on unpleasant + pheasant.

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 11:15 PM
Dear Reshiram, only ten minutes and I'm already used to Cofagrigus's name now that I can pronounce it right:

Cough-a-gri-guss

gliscor&yanmega
13th January 2011, 11:15 PM
Most definitely galvanise/galvanisation.

...Huh, I learned about that in chemistry, it's not simple stuff (they use the process to coat your cars). It's all to do with electrochemical science.

They trying to teach kids complicated stuff through Pokemon. How amusing lol.

Lorde
13th January 2011, 11:16 PM
Woobat and Axew are my favorite English Pokemon names now. I just like the way Woobat sounds and Axew sounds really cute too (I wonder where they stem from). Musharna seems to have kept its Japanese name, which is something I had wanted all along so I'm glad about that. I recall these names being posted before, so it looks like someone did try to leak the names.

TheHumbleFellow
13th January 2011, 11:17 PM
What about Keldeo Meloetta and Genesect?

Also, Klink, Klang and Klinklang made me lol.

SharpedoSteve
13th January 2011, 11:18 PM
I am actually really loving most of these names :D some i just have to get used to still, as well as matching the names to the pokes so i get them right.

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:18 PM
The Foongus is Amoongus.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:19 PM
And I could eat a Krokorok.

Dracoste
13th January 2011, 11:20 PM
The Foongus is Amoongus.

Uhhh, I only know that the F and ngus comes from fungus. I don't have a idea where the oon aan amoon comes from, are they from mushroom species:S?

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:22 PM
Uhhh, I only know that the F and ngus comes from fungus. I don't have a idea where the oon aan amoon comes from, are they from mushroom species:S?

Its based off of an old english quote - "The fungus is amoung us"

Deja Vu
13th January 2011, 11:23 PM

It's a joke. It plays on the phrase "there's a fungus among us."

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:26 PM
I'm just reeling off random names now. Stop me whenever.

Lillipup is a mix of Lilliput (the town of little people) and Pup.
Herdier is a mix of Herd and Terrier.
Stoutland is a mix of Stout and Highland (as in the Highland Terrier).

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:26 PM
Could somebody explain Sawk to me? Thats the only one I don't get.

Also I chuckled at Bouffalant. I guess in English he has a Bouffant instead of an Afro haha.

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:28 PM
A corruption on Sock, as in Rock'em and Sock'em (beating up).

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:29 PM
A corruption on Sock, as in Rock'em and Sock'em.

Ohhh - that would have made more sense to me if the other one was indeed called like Rawk or something haha.

Lorde
It's a joke. It plays on the phrase "there's a fungus among us."

I haven't seen a play on words like that in Pokemon in quite a long time. The English names of the mushroom Pokemon almost remind me of some of the beta English names for the Generation 1 Pokemon. Anyway, it looks like I lost the bet with Gochiruzeru's English name. I was so certain that they wouldn't keep a reference to the words "goth" or "elle", but they did just that. Gothitelle sounds fine though (better than some of the fan-names). Reuniclus for Rankurusu also sounds good. I'm actually a fan of all of the new names, though I'm going to use the Japanese ones until I memorize the English ones.

Dracoste
Its based off of an old english quote - "The fungus is amoung us"

Oooouuuuuh, now I get it:D! thanks, at least now I have a excuse to not reconize that.

Shelmet became the name of Chobomaki, while actually everyone was nicknaming Samurott as "Shellmet"

And the name of Kojondo which I waited the most for:Mienshao, aww, how cute. Damn...I only see tao in it..... (Sorry if I don't see everything, My English Vocabulary is big, but I don't know everything^-^')

Deja Vu
13th January 2011, 11:31 PM
Sawsbuck

SAWS = Summer Autumn Winter Spring

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:31 PM
Heh, they used the English term. I do love how people can't spell Autumn, usually.

tmega90
13th January 2011, 11:33 PM
These names are so awesome! It is hard for me too pick favorite ones. I am really loving all of them. They are so creative and a really cool looking and sounding.

Sponge
13th January 2011, 11:35 PM
Looks like the list was right after all....I didn't think it was.....but that was mostly because I thought the italian names were all wrong.

Some of the names do seem awfully long....but we'll get around them somehow.

The names are much more quirky than in previous generations I must say...

Xweek
13th January 2011, 11:38 PM
Ferroseed and Ferrothorn are taken from Ferrum (iron) and seed/thorn...but that one was obvious.

Lorde
13th January 2011, 11:39 PM
Sawsbuck

So Sawsbuck is Mebukijika's English names then? Or is it Shikijika's English name? I remember reading that leaked list of English names last night, but I didn't memorize all of the names haha. Anyway, I like that reference to the seasons, even though I certainly wouldn't have noticed it myself. It looks like a lot of the English names will be based on these types of plays on words. Speaking of the list though: does anyone have a link to it?

Electivirus
13th January 2011, 11:39 PM
Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon are brilliant names.

ForeverFlame
13th January 2011, 11:40 PM
Cofagrigus. This won't end well.

I'm mad about Gothitelle. Gothizelle sounds way nicer.

The rest are great though. I love Woobat. It's simple, like Zubat. Patrat is also reminiscent of Rattata.

Rinne
13th January 2011, 11:41 PM
Another reason why the leaked list may be official...

The "ein/zwei/drei" naming theme for the dark dragon line could be a reference to the zmeys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_dragon), their inspiration. (Check Bulbapedia - it's in the trivia section if I'm not mistaken.) Same relative area on the globe, amirite?

Draknir
13th January 2011, 11:45 PM
And now, Bulbapedia is in denial about the legitimacy of the names, even the ones re-confirmed by ING! Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised, they thought Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour could've been nicknames, even though they were on the frickin' game box!
Bulbapedia denies anything until it is specifically revealed by Gamefreak/Nintendo/Pokemon.com(And the Japanese one as well). I remember seeing in a thread shortly before the release and they didn't believe anything about the Second stage starters even though we had Corocoro scans of them.

618 Stunfisk Maggyo Stupid sounding name for a stupid looking Pokémon. :p

612 Haxorus Ononokus Hm. I think its time for the obligatory OMGHAX.

538 Throh Nageki 539 Sawk Dageki Horrible puns are horrible. Ah well.

523 Zebstrika Zeburaika I was hoping for Zebreaker, but this works too.

505 Watchog Miruhoggu When I first saw this, I thought it said "Watchdog".

577 Solosis Yuniran Solo+Mitosis?
578 Duosion Daburan Duo+Fusion?

633 Deino Monozu 634 Zweilous Jiheddo 635 Hydreigon Sazandora I do so hope these names are the German ones as well. :p

628 Braviary Wargle I was hoping it wouldn't change, but then they might have had legal issues with a Casino. I'll get used to it.

624 Pawniard Komatana Funny. I never thought of it as a Chess Piece. I guess its Pawn+???+Sword?
625 Bisharp Kirikizan Same deal here. Bishop+Sharp?

613 Cubchoo Kumashun Let us all paws for a moment of "D'awwww". *is shot for the horrible pun he made*

552 Krokorok Warubiru So close to another palindrome.

(Now watch as these are all beta names and they'll change before the release)

nikohesus
13th January 2011, 11:45 PM
Oh my ****ing god.
Sawsbuck- Mebukjika
SAWS- Summer Autumn Winter Spring
Thanks for pointing this out, guys.
I'm more than willing to call this list official!

Thorneon
13th January 2011, 11:46 PM
Sawsbuck

Wow, I didn't even see that - thats pretty awesome.

It also has 2 more puns in the name - A "Sawbuck" is a term for a device used for cutting wood with an X shape - it may reference the large antlers on its head.

Buck as well refers to a male deer.

Wordy
13th January 2011, 11:47 PM
I adore these English names. Extremely simplistic and effective.

Solosis evolves into Duosion evolves into Reuniclus. I mean, I love.

Bouffalont is far more witty than Buffalon. Sigilyph is so mysterious.

And Swoobat <3. Just like Koromori and Kokoromori, add another letter or two and it still works. Woobat. Like Woobie. Wall-E!

Gothitelle line goes from Spanish to French, senorita to mademoiselle. All forms of Miss.

Roggenrola. I laughed.

Chess analogies for Steel/Darks? Interesting.

Overall, three thumbs up.

Deja Vu
13th January 2011, 11:48 PM
Cryogonal - Cryo(cold) + Hexagonal

Sponge
13th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Ok let me think of pronounciations....there's a lot of blanks spots..

Are these right do you think?

Reuniclus (Re-uni-cliss) (I put "Reun" in google translate and it pronounced it as Re-une)
Elgyem (El-geem)
Beheeyem (Bei-hime) OR (Bei-hee-yem)
Mienfoo (Me-an-foo)
Mienshao (Me-an-shao) OR (Me-an-shoe)
Throh (Throw?)
Gothitelle (Goth-it-tell)
Alomomola (Alo-mo-mola)

I think I'm ok with the rest then...

Somehow I can see a Hax joke arising from Haxorus....you beat me with a Haxorus....cheater!!11!!1 Hax Hax!11!

pikasaur
13th January 2011, 11:49 PM
i personally hope that the name axew is a fake.

looks like someone made a typo to me. i dont mind the other names though, Woobat being my favorite.

Rinne
13th January 2011, 11:50 PM
...and we have confirmation. Main page just updated, and so far the list matches up.

EDIT: 5000th post? Maybe that's a good sign! :D