PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

The Eleventh
2nd February 2011, 11:18 PM
Reuniclus will probably be goofy and float, whereas Gothitelle should be calm and Gardevoir-like. Oh God, Tympole will just flop around, and Seismitoad will just look ugly and awkward.

EDIT: LMAO! I just heard Seismitoad's cry. It's hilarious (you can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcea-FqVhAM), just go to towards the end of the video)

Rose Storm
2nd February 2011, 11:30 PM
I love the cries this Generation, they actually tried pretty hard with them, and it paid off. Chandelure's is always awesome to hear (unless of course it's Shikimi when she sends it into your Serperior).

Dr. Leggs
2nd February 2011, 11:57 PM
Gothitelle has white feet, I saw it somewhere on either a card or maybe its Dream World artwork (so its bottom isn't just a base). I assume it'll move around like Gardevoir as SpeedSuicune said, possibly levitating? Reuniclus will likely be floating around as well.

I'm digging the cries, too. I'll post on my favourites and least favourites later, but I like practically all of them. Very well done.

Snap-crackle-pop, I think I just figured out Eelektross (forgive me if this has been mentioned). Shibirudon comes from shibire, meaning numbness, and don, as in the Spanish term Don meaning lord/boss. The localization team seems to be trying really hard to preserve the meanings of the Japanese names especially in this generation, so I'm thinking it's simply eel + electric (elektrik) + boss. Makes much more sense now.

XXD17
3rd February 2011, 12:25 AM
Gothitelle has white feet, I saw it somewhere on either a card or maybe its Dream World artwork (so its bottom isn't just a base). I assume it'll move around like Gardevoir as SpeedSuicune said, possibly levitating? Reuniclus will likely be floating around as well.

I'm digging the cries, too. I'll post on my favourites and least favourites later, but I like practically all of them. Very well done.

Snap-crackle-pop, I think I just figured out Eelektross (forgive me if this has been mentioned). Shibirudon comes from shibire, meaning numbness, and don, as in the Spanish term Don meaning lord/boss. The localization team seems to be trying really hard to preserve the meanings of the Japanese names especially in this generation, so I'm thinking it's simply eel + electric (elektrik) + boss. Makes much more sense now.

Or maybe eel+electric+gross(as in large; the same etymology behind metagross)

Hejiru
3rd February 2011, 12:55 AM
Reuniclus will probably be goofy and float, whereas Gothitelle should be calm and Gardevoir-like. Oh God, Tympole will just flop around, and Seismitoad will just look ugly and awkward.

EDIT: LMAO! I just heard Seismitoad's cry. It's hilarious (you can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcea-FqVhAM), just go to towards the end of the video)

I never actually listened to the 5th Gen cries yet. I love Palpitoad even more now. ^_^

bulber
3rd February 2011, 1:51 AM
Or maybe eel+electric+gross(as in large; the same etymology behind metagross)

or simply, eel+electric+random cool ending

tmega90
3rd February 2011, 2:49 AM
I really like the cries of the Pokemon too. They sound really cool! I like how the dogs bark.

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 3:40 AM
or simply, eel+electric+random cool ending

I doubt it's random. As I said earlier, they seem to be trying very hard to preserve the Japanese meanings this time around. Boss makes perfect sense.

The one cry I really can't get behind is Petilil... It just doesn't seem fitting at all. Which bugs me. But oh well. Elgyem and Beheeyem are great, as is the Litwick line. Durant is cool, Volcarona is great. Cryogonal is interesting, too.

Disgruntled Goat
3rd February 2011, 4:19 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Eelektross = eel + electric + albatross because of its levitate ability.

Does anyone else think that Cryogonal actually looks like it's crying? I thought that before the English name came out... now I can't see 'cryogenic' at all, just A CRYING HEXAGON!

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 4:22 AM
Albatrosses don't levitate. Levitation and flight are different. I think you'd be hard pressed to support that a lamprey was named after a completely unrelated bird.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd February 2011, 4:35 AM
I doubt it's random. As I said earlier, they seem to be trying very hard to preserve the Japanese meanings this time around. Boss makes perfect sense.

The one cry I really can't get behind is Petilil... It just doesn't seem fitting at all. Which bugs me. But oh well. Elgyem and Beheeyem are great, as is the Litwick line. Durant is cool, Volcarona is great. Cryogonal is interesting, too.

Petal + lil (as in little) alternately lily (or lili backwards). It's Japanese name literally means tulip + root and is a play on the word for lily bulb.

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 4:39 AM
I'm talking about the Pokemon's cries, I have no problem with Petilil's name. XD

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd February 2011, 4:41 AM
Oh god ... I'm having a bad week with not reading posts properly ... sorry :S Going to go have a nap.

PS Palpitoad's cry gave me palpitations first time i heard it. hahaha. Time for sleep.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
3rd February 2011, 4:44 AM
A Durant is a spiny fruit.

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 4:46 AM
That's a durian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

R_N
3rd February 2011, 4:46 AM

I always figured there was a basis in electrolysis

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
3rd February 2011, 6:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Durant

Some basketball players name or something.

MetalFlygon08
3rd February 2011, 6:16 AM
I'm still thinking ferroseed is based on a chigger.

BCVM22
3rd February 2011, 7:18 AM
I'm still thinking ferroseed is based on a chigger.

Chiggers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chigger) are little mites that latch on to animals and suck blood, like ticks. Ferroseed does none of that, save perhaps for the latching on.

What Pineco is to the pine cone, Ferroseed is to burrs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bur) and similar plants that spread their seed pods by getting caught on the fur of passing animals and harmlessly falling off on far-off ground.

Del Mundo
3rd February 2011, 3:40 PM
Has anyone every noticed how a lot of these new pokes seem to be replacements of old ones. Of course these are new starters, birds and rodents, but many other animal niches are replaced...

Meowth-Purloin, Geodude-Roggenrola, Zubat-woobat, diglett- drilbur, chansey- audino, machop- timburr, poliwag- tympole, tentacool- frillish, voltorb- foongus,

Idk if this has already been discussed before, but still isn't it odd?

BCVM22
3rd February 2011, 3:56 PM
Idk if this has already been discussed before

Ad nausem, yes. The reasoning is obvious: populating Unova completely with new Pokémon further creates the intended disconnect between the new region and the rest of the Pokémon world, and in doing that, you're going to need new Pokémon to fill the niches - cave dwellers, woodland creatures, plants, etc. - formerly filled by the likes of Zubat, Geodude and other such Pokémon.

blaze boy
3rd February 2011, 4:03 PM
Has anyone every noticed how a lot of these new pokes seem to be replacements of old ones. Of course these are new starters, birds and rodents, but many other animal niches are replaced...

Meowth-Purloin, Geodude-Roggenrola, Zubat-woobat, diglett- drilbur, chansey- audino, machop- timburr, poliwag- tympole, tentacool- frillish, voltorb- foongus,

They did something like this in Hoenn and beside this isn't a bad thing since some animal in real life are like this.

Poketoathefirefox
3rd February 2011, 4:18 PM
... I don't know what people's reaction to this will be. Be this joke good or bad, I want to make fun of one name and one name only.

AND THE GARBODOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIGHT!

And with that, I have nothing further to say about the naming except that I am about 60% happy with the names this time, and will allow them to grow on me.
Also, Litwicks. :D

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 4:56 PM
Oh dear, I just realized how similar Litwick sounds with Flitwick...

Damnit Harry Potter. @_@

SharpedoSteve
3rd February 2011, 6:49 PM
And that just make's Litwick even more awesome XD Proff Flitwick FTW.

Poke_Mania97
3rd February 2011, 7:42 PM
isnt gen v set after the other gens. like gen 1 and 3 were at the same time and 2 and 4 were too.

if it is would this sort of be like a reboot? well not a reboot but you know what i mean. cause like others have said, it seems some pokemon have been replaced. like someone said that garbage one and Muk

BCVM22
3rd February 2011, 7:45 PM
It is certainly an intentional disconnect from the area of the "world" where the first four regions were located, but it's not much more than that.

As much as the pre-Elite Four portion of the game is completely bereft of old Pokémon, they do start showing up afterwards, and appearances by Cynthia and Looker make it pretty clear that it's still all the same world, just another part of it.

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 7:45 PM
It's not a reboot in the sense that the series is starting over.

It's as BCVM22 described it:

...the intended disconnect between the new region and the rest of the Pokémon world, and in doing that, you're going to need new Pokémon to fill the niches - cave dwellers, woodland creatures, plants, etc. - formerly filled by the likes of Zubat, Geodude and other such Pokémon.

It's a bit of a fresh start, certainly, but not a reboot.

edit: Accelgor'd by the man himself.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd February 2011, 7:51 PM

Damnit Harry Potter. @_@

And what with 'Alomamola' I really think there might be a secret Potter fan running rampant in GF HQ :D

Thanks, Dracoste, I'm glad to know we'll be getting all the dogs to download. Good god, I'm going to have them coming out of my ears.

Poketoathefirefox...I don't get it...

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd February 2011, 9:13 PM

Well, it's mimicking the natural world; in sufficiently isolated environments you often find two different species occupying the same niche, who may look very similar.

Also, for the ones you mentioned, while they bear strong physical resemblance to other Pokemon or are based on the same broad species as other Pokemon, their types and distribution throughout Unova are often very different.

The Eleventh
3rd February 2011, 9:43 PM

I wonder if those Pokémon will get evolutions/pre-evolutions in the next generation, like their "counterparts". Example: the Zubat line got Crobat a generation after the line was introduced, so there may be a evolution of Swoobat in Gen VI.

Damnit Harry Potter. @_@

That's what I immediately thought when I read the name! I love that it kind of references Flitwick. It makes the Litwick line magical!

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 9:48 PM
I doubt the similarity to Flitwick was an intended reference, though.

LexSuicune
3rd February 2011, 11:11 PM
Lit+Wicked right? Why would it be related to a Harry Potter entity?

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 11:14 PM
Lit + Wicked + Wick, I assume.

Lorde
3rd February 2011, 11:15 PM
Lit+Wicked right? Why would it be related to a Harry Potter entity?

Litwick sounds similar to "Flitwick". Obviously, that candle Pokemon doesn't look like that character from the Harry Potter series, but the names read and sound similar, that's all.

Missingno. Master
3rd February 2011, 11:19 PM
I doubt the similarity to Flitwick was an intended reference, though.

You never know with Nintendo. I see no reason to dismiss the idea altogether.

Anyway, today's Thursday. And on Thursdays lately, IGN's been revealing more new Pokemon, right? So what about today? Obviously, we already know all the Pokémon names. But they've also revealed names of attacks and abilities along with the Pokemon, and that's kind of what I'm hoping to see.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd February 2011, 11:21 PM
I wonder if those Pokémon will get evolutions/pre-evolutions in the next generation, like their "counterparts". Example: the Zubat line got Crobat a generation after the line was introduced, so there may be a evolution of Swoobat in Gen VI.

Which would involve a may to evolve Pokemon that evolved via happiness, which would be interesting, no?

Dr. Leggs
3rd February 2011, 11:34 PM
I mean, aside from the name, there's zero similarity between the two entities which makes it seem pretty unlikely. That's all I'm saying.

bulber
4th February 2011, 1:36 AM

Damnit Harry Potter. @_@

lol!

I realized it when I first saw the name. I already loved Litwick (it looks like a Boo [favorite Mario character tied w/ Dry Bones] with its head on fire [darn Luigi]). Flitwick made me love it more.

Disgruntled Goat
4th February 2011, 2:00 AM
I like how that evo line has a menacing undercurrent in the references. By the way, Litwick is primarily 'lit' as in on fire, and 'wick' as in a candle. There are a bunch of references you could pull out of Lampent: lament, repent, rampant, etc etc.

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 2:12 AM
I don't think you could really get 'rampant' from that, it has no relevance to Lampent. I see lamp, lament, repent and lambent. But yeah, the names of the Litwick line are some of my favourites.

Disgruntled Goat
4th February 2011, 3:01 AM
I don't think you could really get 'rampant' from that, it has no relevance to Lampent.
Um, 'rampant' shares 5 out of 7 letters with 'lampent'. That's more than repent does.
Also, if you stress the first syllable rather than the second, they sound pretty similar.

Like all the names, maybe it's not the main reference but it's definitely in there as a side-effect.

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 3:13 AM
I said nothing about the letters. You yourself suggested repent.

I mean that 'rampant' doesn't describe Lampent very well, and has little relevance to it as a Pokemon. How is Lampent rampant?

LexSuicune
4th February 2011, 6:29 AM
Lamp+Lament lol. As Leggs says, it makes no sense for it to be rampant.

Zhanton
4th February 2011, 11:08 AM
Um, 'rampant' shares 5 out of 7 letters with 'lampent'. That's more than repent does.
Also, if you stress the first syllable rather than the second, they sound pretty similar.

Like all the names, maybe it's not the main reference but it's definitely in there as a side-effect.

Um, by using your 'x shares blah blah blah our of y letters with 'name'', then we can assume Smoochum is a scrambling up of 'mushroom', as mushroom shares 7 out of 8 letters with Smoochum, despite Smoochum not being close to a mushroom.
We can also say that Mothim is partly based on the word 'thimble', despite bearing no resemblance.
Whilst rampant and Lampent aren't as extreme as these cases, the principle is still the same; sharing x amount of letters can have very little to do with the roots of the name: explain to me, how is Lampent rampant?

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th February 2011, 11:51 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1517/beasts.png

Just some DW-quality art of the Mooseketeers from the latest Daisuki Club e-mail. Shame it's covered up.

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 12:46 PM
Interesting. I'm starting to warm up to Cobalion and Virizion, those piercing eyes are too cool. And it looks like Virizion's got those leaf appendages of both sides of its neck?

Sakrey
4th February 2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that's one cool artwork you have there, Sab http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
And I didn't notice that before but...Cobalion has moustaches ?!!...Or not ? I'm so confused...

Flame Dragon
4th February 2011, 4:37 PM
It's just me or Mijumaru (Water Starter) 3rd evolution doesn't fit at all with the first two forms?
From a Sea Otter it becomes... some kind of dog with a moustache? wtf

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 4:57 PM
Yeah, that's one cool artwork you have there, Sab http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
And I didn't notice that before but...Cobalion has moustaches ?!!...Or not ? I'm so confused...
I don't think they're moustaches as much as they're simply lines on its skin.

It's just me or Mijumaru (Water Starter) 3rd evolution doesn't fit at all with the first two forms?
Samurott is a sea lion. Sea otter to sea lion is not a huge stretch at all, but Ken Sugimori did say the designer of the Oshawott line had difficulty figuring out Samurott's design. It's not a dog. It can be viewed as a bit of a stretch but drastic evolutionary changes do happen in Pokemon.

The Head Honchkrow
4th February 2011, 5:08 PM

I believe the moustache is similar to ones seen on samurai helmets.
As seen here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Ornate_kabuto.jpg/180px-Ornate_kabuto.jpg

~The Head Honchkrow~

CaptainCombusken
4th February 2011, 5:08 PM
I LOVE the Musketeer Pokemon! Seriously, all are awesome Pokemon. D/W artwork is awesome.

@Flame Dragon- Seriously? Are you REALLY bringing back this argument? Samurott is based off a Sea Lion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lion), a reasonably close relative to the Otter. It does fit right, it shoes natural progression, with the slowly darkening colour of skin and getting more shells.

EDIT: Ninja'd by two people...

krabbyluvaxx2001
4th February 2011, 5:26 PM
hi can you rate my team plz

ive got a krabby
its really good but it sometimes has bad days
its got lots of good moves like whirlpool and cut (this means it can get throgh trees) and its strongest attack is strength
it is level 20 and nearly level 21 so it will be much stronger soon
my second krabby is cvalled paje because my borther gave it to me

i will tell you the rest of my team if you are intrested

i have also heard that krabby can evolve does it need a water stone

Poke_Mania97
4th February 2011, 5:31 PM
It's not a reboot in the sense that the series is starting over.

It's as BCVM22 described it:

It's a bit of a fresh start, certainly, but not a reboot.

edit: Accelgor'd by the man himself.

i know they are in the same world, but i mean its like a set cause gen 1-4 seemed to be like a set. and like you said gen v is a 'fresh start'

if this is confusing then i get you cause im confusing myself =S but if you dont get it then i will understand

Kreis
4th February 2011, 5:34 PM
hi can you rate my team plz

ive got a krabby
its really good but it sometimes has bad days
its got lots of good moves like whirlpool and cut (this means it can get throgh trees) and its strongest attack is strength
it is level 20 and nearly level 21 so it will be much stronger soon
my second krabby is cvalled paje because my borther gave it to me

i will tell you the rest of my team if you are intrested

i have also heard that krabby can evolve does it need a water stone

You're in the wrong section, go to a help thread instead of some sort. But here are some helpful links:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Krabby_(Pokémon)

And here is a link detailing generic movesets for a Kingler:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kingler

For further questions regarding other Pokemon's evolutions, movesets, etc, visit the SPP Pokedex:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

Sakrey
4th February 2011, 5:40 PM

If I remember well, there was an interview of Ken Sugimori which revealed that people working on the 2nd evolution stage of the starters, were asked to make a design rather -if not completely- different from their pre-evo.

Dracoste
4th February 2011, 5:47 PM
if this is confusing then i get you cause im confusing myself =S but if you dont get it then i will understand

I think that I know what you mean, you want to know when the events of B/W fits in the Pokémon story timeline, right?

Do you know the girl Caithlin in the battle castle in Pt/HG/SS? Well, she's a member of the Elite 4 in the Unova region now and she looks much older, so I assume the events of B/W happens around 5~7 years later after the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Poke_Mania97
4th February 2011, 6:04 PM
I think that I know what you mean, you want to know when the events of B/W fits in the Pokémon story timeline, right?

Do you know the girl Caithlin in the battle castle in Pt/HG/SS? Well, she's a member of the Elite 4 in the Unova region now and she looks much older, so I assume the events of B/W happens around 5~7 years later after the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS

oh man how do i put this, thats not what i meant =S you see i kinda already knew that. and genv's events arent at the same timeline as the others.

XXD17
4th February 2011, 6:22 PM
Which would involve a may to evolve Pokemon that evolved via happiness, which would be interesting, no?

i don't think we ever had a pokemon that evolves twice via happiness have we? If swoobat were to evolve, i think it would be via some new stone...

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 6:29 PM
oh man how do i put this, thats not what i meant =S you see i kinda already knew that. and genv's events arent at the same timeline as the others.

Yes, Gen V is after Gen II-IV.

I know what you're trying to say, Poke_Mania, but it isn't a reboot. A fresh start and a reboot aren't the same. Whether Gen VI onwards will encompass its own individual 'set' like Gen I-IV did is yet to be seen.

i don't think we ever had a pokemon that evolves twice via happiness have we? If swoobat were to evolve, i think it would be via some new stone...

Seeing as Gen IV introduced Porygon-Z, thus the first evolutionary line to evolve by trading with items twice, the idea of evolving with happiness twice wouldn't be impossible in itself.

However, happiness doesn't reset with evolution. Thus once it evolved, it would simply evolve again after leveling up. I don't think that'll happen.

Wadeledge
4th February 2011, 9:08 PM
Just noticed that Excadrill is only 2' 04", much shorter than I thought he was!

Missingno. Master
4th February 2011, 9:32 PM
How about this? Swoobat would gain an evolution that evolves by lack of happiness.

Aurath8
4th February 2011, 9:36 PM
How about this? Swoobat would gain an evolution that evolves by lack of happiness.

That's more fitting to a future Dark type. And that would be a great neww way to evolve and gives a reason to use Herbs.

Weaver_8
4th February 2011, 9:42 PM

YES! When I first saw him I thought he may of been as big as gigalith. When the anime finally showed it for the first time I recall I felt a little bit of my soul lurch at how short it really was. Wow, that was extremely surprising, its in game sprite is highly untrustworthy.

Tyrannotaur
4th February 2011, 10:02 PM

That's more fitting to a future Dark type. And that would be a great neww way to evolve and gives a reason to use Herbs.

Only problem with unfriendly evolutions is that battling itself gives you happiness points. So unless they changed that aspect, I dunno if evolving based on not being friendly would work so well. Having him learn a move that makes him evolve or trading with a new item is more likely I think.
-;248;

Dr. Leggs
4th February 2011, 10:03 PM
That is, if Gen VI is going to be a parallel to Gen II which may or may not happen.

On the topic of Swoobat, I'm a fan. Took me a while to warm up to but I really dig 'em now.

The Oncoming Storm
4th February 2011, 11:32 PM
Or how bout a stone like a dawn stone. I mean budew to roselia is a happy one and then bam dawn stone to roserade. I personally dislike swoobat. Ever since I saw that tail ive been put off.

The Eleventh
4th February 2011, 11:44 PM
I love Woobat. But like you, Swoobat's tail kind of ruins it for me. I might warm to it, but I'm not sure. . .

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th February 2011, 12:04 AM
^To be fair, I think the tail looks much better in official art, compared to its sprite.

slowpoke child
5th February 2011, 12:06 AM

ik its really awful....but its a bit more awful that audino is 1' 3" taller than excadrill

:club: meh this makes up for that dissapointment =D

Missingno.Fan
5th February 2011, 12:21 AM
Or how bout a stone like a dawn stone. I mean budew to roselia is a happy one and then bam dawn stone to roserade. I personally dislike swoobat. Ever since I saw that tail ive been put off.
If would have to be a new stone released in Gen. 6. They try to make new evolutions impossible to obtain in older generations. But again this is a discussion we should be having on another day.

Chill92
5th February 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm really loving all evolved bug types in this gen (except Durant... it makes Escavalier less unique in that region and I hate ants in general). I have noticed there are may of them compared to other types of Unova pokemon

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th February 2011, 1:25 AM
I'm really loving all evolved bug types in this gen (except Durant... it makes Escavalier less unique in that region and I hate ants in general). I have noticed there are may of them compared to other types of Unova pokemon

Indeed. Excluding all forms (hopefully) here's something I've been working on for a while.

Numbers move from Gen 1-5, bold is most in a gen, italics is least.

Bug: 12, 10, 14, 9, 18
Dark: 0, 6, 10, 7, 16
Dragon: 3, 1, 9, 6, 10
Electric: 9, 8, 4, 7, 11
Fighting: 8, 3, 7, 7, 15
Fire: 12, 10, 6, 5, 14
Flying: 19, 19, 12, 14, 18
Ghost: 3, 1, 6, 8, 9
Grass: 14, 10, 17, 14, 20
Ground: 14, 10, 13, 11, 11
Ice: 5, 5, 6, 6, 7
Normal: 24, 20, 18, 18, 17
Poison: 33, 4, 5, 8, 7
Psychic: 14, 9, 20, 9, 15
Rock: 11, 7, 12, 7, 10
Steel: 0(2), 4, 9, 11, 12
Water: 32, 18, 28, 15, 17

All I can say is poor poison.

So Gen 1 has the most Posion, Ground, Normal, and Water-Types. Gen 1+2 have equally the most Flying-Types.
Gen 3 has the most Rock and Psychic-Types.
Gen 5 has the most Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fighting, Ice, Fire, Steel, Grass, and Ghost-Types.

And just for fun 'Gen 6' speculation :P

Assuming ~100 Pokemon being released next gen:
Bug: 11-12
Dark:8-9
Dragon: 6-8
Electric: 7-8
Fighting: 6-7
Fire: 6-8
Flying: 15-18
Ghost: 7-9
Grass: 13-14
Ground: 10-11
Ice: 7
Normal: 18-20
Poison: 6-8
Psychic: 9
Rock: 7
Steel: 10-12
Water: 15-17

Rose Storm
5th February 2011, 1:26 AM
I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible, considering both Roserade and Porygon-Z are capable of being fully evolved at Level 1. That doesn't have much relevance to it but it does show that sometimes levelling isn't necessary at all when evolving.

XXD17
5th February 2011, 1:37 AM

Well to put that into perspective, Infernape is only 3' 11" tall, only slightly taller that about half an adult human...

Poketoathefirefox
5th February 2011, 2:41 AM
Poketoathefirefox...I don't get it...

"And the Trogdor comes in the niiight."
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/2/1e48e523-dffd-49b3-b238-dc953eb471a4.jpg
Lame joke was lame. But enough for me to not pass it up.

wearjo
5th February 2011, 2:55 AM
I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible, considering both Roserade and Porygon-Z are capable of being fully evolved at Level 1. That doesn't have much relevance to it but it does show that sometimes levelling isn't necessary at all when evolving.

porygon Z is possible for lvl one... Roserade is lvl 2

Dr. Leggs
5th February 2011, 2:59 AM
porygon Z is possible for lvl one... Roserade is lvl 2

Breeding Budew is optional. You can breed a Roselia without the Rose Incense and then evolve it with the Shiny Stone.

Wadeledge
5th February 2011, 4:56 AM
Well to put that into perspective, Infernape is only 3' 11" tall, only slightly taller that about half an adult human...

Infernape makes sense because he's about the same size as real world baboons. Excadrill (while quite large for a mole) is made to look almost the same size as Haxorus which is 5'11"!

wearjo
5th February 2011, 5:00 AM
Breeding Budew is optional. You can breed a Roselia without the Rose Incense and then evolve it with the Shiny Stone.

o yyyeeeaaahhhh i remember now...

Electric
5th February 2011, 5:11 AM
Where is the info that confirms that all the English names that have been floating around are true? Pokemon.com doesn't have all of them updated yet and it's not on their Pokedex either.

Glad they have Pansage cause I like it the best.

Tyrannotaur
5th February 2011, 5:15 AM
Where is the info that confirms that all the English names that have been floating around are true? Pokemon.com doesn't have all of them updated yet and it's not on their Pokedex either.

Glad they have Pansage cause I like it the best.

The list came out on Pokejungle a day or two before IGN.com revealed some of the names. After those names and all others matched the list Joe eventually confirmed them as legit. Nintendo won't post the names till the games are out. We aren't supposed to even know what the new pokemon look like never mind their names. Although I'm sure they know that we know all about them by now.

-;248;

Lance The Champ
5th February 2011, 8:03 AM
I think its great that serebii.net posts any new info about the 5th generation series and games.....

Ophie
5th February 2011, 10:09 AM
I like it when Pokémon are small. It makes them look even tougher, if you ask me, because it's a tiny little thing that can stand up to and defeat stuff much larger than itself. It's like Muggsy Bogues--you've got to admire how he was the best defensive player in the NBA for some time, yet he's 5' 1" (1.55 meters). There have been even smaller Pokémon who are fully evolved or were once fully-evolved though.

Equal in height to Excadrill (2' 04", 0.7m):
Dugtrio
Misdreavus
Raticate
Stunfisk
Swellow
Whimsicott

2' 0", 0.6m:
Amoongus
Celebi
Chimecho
Corsola
Illumise
Klinklang
Luvdisc
Mawile
Meloetta
Porygon2
Shuckle
Togetic

1' 08", 0.5m:
Chatot
Cherrim
Cinccino
Murkrow
Qwilfish
Sableye
Torkoal
Unown
Wormadam

1' 04", 0.4m:
Bellossom
Emolga
Mew
Minun
Pachirisu
Phione
Plusle
Shaymin (Sky)
Victini

1' 00", 0.3m:
Azelf
Castform
Ditto
Durant
Jirachi
Manaphy
Mesprit
Roselia
Rotom
Uxie

0' 8", 0.2m:
Shaymin (Ground)

I'll bet most of you thought Durant was bigger than that.

Sheep Overlord
5th February 2011, 3:53 PM
Honestly, a lot of those numbers are surprising to me. Official pokedex data or not, I'm still going to think of Roselia as considerably larger than one foot tall. Bellosom and Raticate, too (I considered them to be three feet tall, at least).

samuuurai
5th February 2011, 4:07 PM
will the masuda method fail if one pokemon had an iv code to make it ivs flawless???

flygonabsol99
5th February 2011, 5:09 PM
I am very unimpressed with some of the english names . I mean Timburr and watchdog and fraxure are a few. At least there spelled wrong , but kind of uncreative.

aggronFTW
5th February 2011, 5:46 PM
I am very unimpressed with some of the english names . I mean Timburr and watchdog and fraxure are a few. At least there spelled wrong , but kind of uncreative.

Timburrs kind of cool, and it's watchog, as in watch and hog, not watch and dog, fracture is my favourite name, and it kinda fits the lines name theme:

Axew (axe and skewer, as in a type of cutting)
Fraxure (Fracture, as in cutting a bone, so a slightly stronger cut, and axe)
Haxorus (Hack, a stronger kind of cut, axe and Saurus)

GaZsTiC
5th February 2011, 6:00 PM
I like it when Pokémon are small. It makes them look even tougher, if you ask me, because it's a tiny little thing that can stand up to and defeat stuff much larger than itself. It's like Muggsy Bogues--you've got to admire how he was the best defensive player in the NBA for some time, yet he's 5' 1" (1.55 meters). There have been even smaller Pokémon who are fully evolved or were once fully-evolved though.

Equal in height to Excadrill (2' 04", 0.7m):
Dugtrio
Misdreavus
Raticate
Stunfisk
Swellow
Whimsicott

2' 0", 0.6m:
Amoongus
Celebi
Chimecho
Corsola
Illumise
Klinklang
Luvdisc
Mawile
Meloetta
Porygon2
Shuckle
Togetic

1' 08", 0.5m:
Chatot
Cherrim
Cinccino
Murkrow
Qwilfish
Sableye
Torkoal
Unown
Wormadam

1' 04", 0.4m:
Bellossom
Emolga
Mew
Minun
Pachirisu
Phione
Plusle
Shaymin (Sky)
Victini

1' 00", 0.3m:
Azelf
Castform
Ditto
Durant
Jirachi
Manaphy
Mesprit
Roselia
Rotom
Uxie

0' 8", 0.2m:
Shaymin (Ground)

I'll bet most of you thought Durant was bigger than that.

Joltik - 0.1m. Tough, cute and awesome.

Lorde
5th February 2011, 6:08 PM

Yeah, it's Watchog not Watchdog. And I don't much care for the name, but that stems from the fact that I dislike the Pokemon. I've never liked Watchog since it's given me a hard time in the games. I remember fighting Aloe's Watchog and it took me a long time to finally defeat it. I also remember fighting wild Watchog and they were a pain in the butt since they would confuse my Pokemon, put them to sleep, and then cut their HP in half with that fang move. They aren't the worst Pokemon in the world, but I'm not a fan.

Dr. Leggs
5th February 2011, 6:10 PM
Yeah, Patrat and Watchog are not favourites of mine.

But wow, some of these heights are really surprising... I love Joltik though, it's adorable how small it is.

Weaver_8
5th February 2011, 6:18 PM
I actually plan on getting a Watchog in my future game. I don't know why but something about Watchog makes me love it. Unlike all the previous generations common rodent Pokemon Watchog actually is the first one I liked from the get-go. I think it has something to do with its eyes, they just look so cool to me. How sad some hate him, but hey to each their own and all that.

SasakiThePikachu
5th February 2011, 6:20 PM
Agreed - small pokemon are awesome, and all the more so because they usually pack more of a wallop than the huge pokemon.

I remember how back in first Gen, my new Eevee pwned the Rocket Game Corner.

*strokes Eevee like a Bond villain* Mawahaha. No-one ever suspects the cute little furry guy with bunny ears. Little do they know that he shall be their doom >:D

Winzeyy
5th February 2011, 6:22 PM
Rather than getting this DSi http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Pokemon-Black-and-White-DSi.jpg

Could htere be a way to get that look on a regular Black DSi? Because i dont want to spend that much on a DSi that jsut has a cooler look on it.

Aurath8
5th February 2011, 6:29 PM
http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Pokemon-Black-and-White-DSi.jpg
Could there be a way to get that look on a regular Black DSi?
If you can paint well...
Or you have the time and resources to make a sticker...
Then yes.

Winzeyy
5th February 2011, 6:34 PM
@Aura. Okay thanks XD i was just curious

Roxas013
5th February 2011, 6:56 PM
The only beginning rodent realy lik is furret. i lik the design. ratticate has pretty strong moves 4 a early on pokemon. i hate the 4th gen normal/water rodent(culdnt remember how 2 spell its name). its design is just dumb. watchhog design is kinda ok. i dnt knowi ts moveset. nd i kinda dnt want 2 know yet. mayb itll grow on me lik oshawatts evolutionary line nd pignite. ive lovd snivys evolutionary line from da start. i still hate emboars design though. thats the only reason im not pickn the fire startr wen i get da game. nd can samurott stand on its hnd legs?

R_N
5th February 2011, 6:57 PM
I actually plan on getting a Watchog in my future game. I don't know why but something about Watchog makes me love it. Unlike all the previous generations common rodent Pokemon Watchog actually is the first one I liked from the get-go. I think it has something to do with its eyes, they just look so cool to me. How sad some hate him, but hey to each their own and all that.

hi5 Watchog buddy. I like that they beefed up his early-game moveset. Crunch by level 16! Hypnosis at 18! Confuse Ray upon evolution!
He's got such a cool design, and I think the fact that a gym leader is using a regional rodent as their signature Pokemon is awesome.

Xweek
5th February 2011, 7:14 PM
Joltik - 0.1m. Tough, cute and awesome.

Lawl, he's not that much smaller than Panic Attack, another yellow spider thing which is short and yet very capable of packing a punch. :3

LexSuicune
5th February 2011, 10:36 PM
As horrible as Wachog is, it's not worse than Bibarel so lol. It still looks like Suricat on crack.

Rotation
5th February 2011, 11:23 PM
As horrible as Wachog is, it's not worse than Bibarel so lol. It still looks like Suricat on crack.

LOL!!!! Made my day =] Don't forget about that crab pokemon (forgot its name)

LexSuicune
5th February 2011, 11:30 PM
What crab Pokemon? lol

bulber
5th February 2011, 11:32 PM

You say that now, but Bibarel with his new ability will come up and get you from behind.

That aside,

I'm shocked to see how small Exadrill is. I don't know whether that makes me admire him (I'm short too) or be creeped out by him.

Yanappu
5th February 2011, 11:51 PM
What crab Pokemon? lol

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/557.shtml

That one and its evolution.

Personally, I think Dwebble is cute as hell. Crustle has an ugly name but looks awesome.

LexSuicune
6th February 2011, 12:46 AM
You say that now, but Bibarel with his new ability will come up and get you from behind.

That aside,

I'm shocked to see how small Exadrill is. I don't know whether that makes me admire him (I'm short too) or be creeped out by him.

I was not talking about Bibarel's skills? I'm talking about their designs.

R_N
6th February 2011, 12:52 AM
What's wrong with Watchog & Bibarel's designs

isshoni
6th February 2011, 1:31 AM
Watchog I'm not sure of, but Bibarel's wickedly cool

yeminied
6th February 2011, 1:49 AM
I'm not really a fan of Watchog, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'll wait to Aloe's beats the hell out of me to hate it.

And what's with the Bibarel hate, that guy is the cutest. It would be a different story if we were talking about Bidoof though ...

I'm not too surprised at how small Excadrill. I never expected that thing to be on par with Aggron but I didn't think it would be quite that small.

Ltrainer
6th February 2011, 3:20 AM
I found some pictures from the Pokemon Black and White mall tour that started today. Anybody else planning to go??? I wish I can go too but I don't live anywhere near those cities. XD

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=3293

R_N
6th February 2011, 4:05 AM
I found some pictures from the Pokemon Black and White mall tour that started today. Anybody else planning to go??? I wish I can go too but I don't live anywhere near those cities. XD

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=3293

Sounds really neat, shame I can't go.

Also, apparently Shell Blade was renamed to Shell Slash.

Mr.Munchlax
6th February 2011, 5:03 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this but I was watching the Black and White demo videos on Youtube & I learned 2 English names:

1. Shell Blade is called Razor Shell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2_01uc_Lg)

2. Grass Mixer is called Leaf Tornado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JvSZtk-RCg)

Umbreon9
6th February 2011, 5:08 AM
I LOVE Zorua even more now after seeing how adorable it was in the movie. :3 He's one of my favorites.

Shneak
6th February 2011, 5:23 AM
Leaf Tornado is the only good attack re-name so far.

Rentaline99
6th February 2011, 5:32 AM
Blair and Whitlea, eh?
Do the japanese playable characters have names as well?

R_N
6th February 2011, 5:36 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this but I was watching the Black and White demo videos on Youtube & I learned 2 English names:

1. Shell Blade is called Razor Shell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2_01uc_Lg)

2. Grass Mixer is called Leaf Tornado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JvSZtk-RCg)

Razor Shell was probably changed since things other than Oshawott get it and "razor shell" is more, uh, "open" than Shell Blade.
Incinerate is still Incinerate but I can't remember if we already knew that
And Darumaka only gets one k, I kind of remember some doubt on if it was one or two.

Also I had no clue that Cheren's second Pokemon varied. I thought it was always <starter>, Basculine.

Blair and Whitlea, eh?
Do the japanese playable characters have names as well?

For the demo? They were just Black and White.
In-game, I think it was Touka & Touya.

Rentaline99
6th February 2011, 5:41 AM
For the demo? They were just Black and White.
In-game, I think it was Touka & Touya.
In the videos of the demo posted, the male and female players are named Blair and Whitlea, respectively.
Or were you saying the japanese demo had their names as Black and White?

R_N
6th February 2011, 6:10 AM
In the videos of the demo posted, the male and female players are named Blair and Whitlea, respectively.
Or were you saying the japanese demo had their names as Black and White?

Bingo, I was answering your question.

Rentaline99
6th February 2011, 6:48 AM
Ah. ok, understood.

BW202
6th February 2011, 7:51 AM

Also, Nitro Charge is now Flame Charge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p0_VnprbGA)

joxxmarie
6th February 2011, 8:34 AM
Am I the only one that finds "Litwick" to be incredibly cute? I'm definitely going to get one to hatch eggs with :)

Oh, and also I read something about most of the Gym Leaders/Elite Four Member's names being revealed on another site. Not sure if it's been posted on here (I looked back a few pages), but here they are:

Aloe is Lenora
Arti is Burgh
Kamitsure is Elesa
Yacon is Clay
Fuuro is Skyla
Hachiku is Brycen
Shaga is Drayden, and Iris keeps her Japanese name

Shikimi is Marbeth
Giima is Skian
Renbu is Crafton

The site credited Pokejungle.

Klutzybear
6th February 2011, 8:45 AM
Yeesh, over three hundred pages. Am I late to the party or what?

I bet this has been discussed before, but when people mention about the fifth gen Pokemon being ugly.

Well. . . I think I may know what they're talking about; it's called "Stunfisk."

I was one of many people who was skeptical about this new gen of Pokemon. I didn't like ANY of the pokemon except the three starters. But after awhile of griping and moaning I decided to try and really look into them a second time, and I was surprised to find myself picking some cute ones. (Pidove was one of them, but when I discovered that he evolved into a horriable turkey/hawk hybrid, I decided to bump his family into the ugly zone. Sorry Pidove)

But Stunfisk. . . Good god, this thing must've been dragged from the depths of "Pokemon hell," by a secret cult of people who hated Pokemon and plastered it on here as revenge for our love of the series.

It's THAT ugly.

joxxmarie
6th February 2011, 9:05 AM
Klutzybear: I don't know, I think I've seen worse. Stunfisk reminds me of an egg yolk and a ... bird? Lol.

Lileep always gave me the creeps. And I always ended up enjoying the ghost-types O.o

R_N
6th February 2011, 9:24 AM

I bet this has been discussed before, but when people mention about the fifth gen Pokemon being ugly.

Well. . . I think I may know what they're talking about; it's called "Stunfisk."

I was one of many people who was skeptical about this new gen of Pokemon. I didn't like ANY of the pokemon except the three starters. But after awhile of griping and moaning I decided to try and really look into them a second time, and I was surprised to find myself picking some cute ones. (Pidove was one of them, but when I discovered that he evolved into a horriable turkey/hawk hybrid, I decided to bump his family into the ugly zone. Sorry Pidove)

But Stunfisk. . . Good god, this thing must've been dragged from the depths of "Pokemon hell," by a secret cult of people who hated Pokemon and plastered it on here as revenge for our love of the series.

It's THAT ugly.

I remain convinced that the Pokemon was designed to troll everyone.

Look at it! LOOK AT IT!
It's got the "troll" look, its animation is rapidly jumping up and down, the cry is a fart-esque noise, the stats are far better than one would think, it's not water type

isshoni
6th February 2011, 10:15 AM
Aloe is Lenora
Arti is Burgh
Kamitsure is Elesa
Yacon is Clay
Fuuro is Skyla
Hachiku is Brycen
Shaga is Drayden, and Iris keeps her Japanese name

Shikimi is Marbeth
Giima is Skian
Renbu is Crafton

Wow, I'm actually really liking most of these, which is good because play-throughs are more enjoyable when the names are good.

Out of all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members' names in Hoenn and Sinnoh I only liked Roxanne, Winona, Phoebe, Aaron and Bertha. It's nice to have a good set of names for a change.

It's THAT ugly.

My god, how can everybody just keep on hating poor little Stunfisk? It's so incredibly cute and round and flat and adorable. It even has good enough stats, typing and movepool for a standalone. If it only had Water Absorb, it'd be perfect.

But seriously, it's probably the most awesome standalone Pokémon since Dunsparce and definately my favourite from Unova. Right after Serperior that is.

Stunfisk's just way too cute to be hated <3

Maxim
6th February 2011, 10:53 AM
Shikimi is Marbeth
Giima is Skian
Renbu is Crafton

Lawl, people believed those fake names that I posted in news comments for Pokejungle?

I did it just for teh trollz, to check how quick PJ is to believe rumors.

I'm sorry, those aren't real. I liked Marbeth, though.

Ophie
6th February 2011, 12:02 PM
By the way, Stunfisk occasionally snickers. It's up to something.

Rokroad
6th February 2011, 1:05 PM
Blair and Whitlea, I don't really like those names.

Maverik
6th February 2011, 2:12 PM

I like them, especially Blair. They're different.

tmega90
6th February 2011, 2:35 PM
I was watching at video and it had a video from the tour and Emolga is pronounced E-Mall-Ga. It is the Sky Squirrel Pokemon.

Mr.Munchlax
6th February 2011, 3:43 PM

Isn't Blair a girl's name though?

Maverik
6th February 2011, 3:45 PM

I don't understand why people think Blair is a girl's name- it sounds like a boy's name even. Even if it was a girl's name it would be similar to Jamie or Sam.

Where do you guys live?

Mr.Munchlax
6th February 2011, 3:51 PM
I don't understand why people think Blair is a girl's name- it sounds like a boy's name even. Even if it was a girl's name it would be similar to Jamie or Sam.

Where do you guys live?

I don't give that information over the internet but I do know that every Blair I heard of was a girl.

Yanappu
6th February 2011, 3:55 PM
I don't give that information over the internet but I do know that every Blair I heard of was a girl.

"Where do you live?" is a rhetorical question.

Stunfisk is so cute, I love its animation. :3

Poke_Mania97
6th February 2011, 4:30 PM
Rather than getting this DSi http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Pokemon-Black-and-White-DSi.jpg

Could htere be a way to get that look on a regular Black DSi? Because i dont want to spend that much on a DSi that jsut has a cooler look on it.

how much are u willing to spend? i come from the UK, and its Ł160, which is kinda worth it, last year i got my dsi with HG, and it was Ł150. however considering the black dsi is worth Ł100 on its own it is quite a bit more. so with the black version its Ł130

Maverik
6th February 2011, 4:44 PM

It was a rhetorical question.

I don't associate such a masculine name with a girl, not like it matters though.

GaZsTiC
6th February 2011, 4:45 PM

It's a unisex name like Alex or Sam.

Disgruntled Goat
6th February 2011, 4:52 PM
how much are u willing to spend? i come from the UK, and its Ł160, which is kinda worth it, last year i got my dsi with HG, and it was Ł150. however considering the black dsi is worth Ł100 on its own it is quite a bit more. so with the black version its Ł130

Ł130+ is still a lot to spend on a second DS, particularly when it will essentially be "obsolete" in a month's time. Maybe they will do special a 3DS too?

Also, Nitro Charge is now Flame Charge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p0_VnprbGA)

Aw, I really liked Nitro Charge. 'Flame Charge' is pretty boring, and Nitro hinted at the speed boost too.

Dr. Leggs
6th February 2011, 5:09 PM
Blair and Whitlea are fine names, they are different as Maverik said. And they fit in with the version names for once, which is nice.

LexSuicune
6th February 2011, 5:15 PM
Flame Charge makes more sense, Nitro makes me thing of Nitrogen and that's extra cold lol. I guess that's the engineer in me.

GaZsTiC
6th February 2011, 5:31 PM
Flame Charge makes more sense, Nitro makes me thing of Nitrogen and that's extra cold lol. I guess that's the engineer in me.

Nitro as in Nitrous which makes engines go faster. Duh. :D

Poke_Mania97
6th February 2011, 5:33 PM
Ł130+ is still a lot to spend on a second DS, particularly when it will essentially be "obsolete" in a month's time. Maybe they will do special a 3DS too?

Aw, I really liked Nitro Charge. 'Flame Charge' is pretty boring, and Nitro hinted at the speed boost too.

oh i didnt know it was gonna be purchased as a 2nd ds. i thought it was a first one. anyway, you say the dsi will be 'obselete', even though this is true, not many people will have the money to buy a 3DS.

bulber
6th February 2011, 5:43 PM
Blair and Whitlea are fine names, they are different as Maverik said. And they fit in with the version names for once, which is nice.

Blair is fine, but Whitlea sounds like it should have been saved for one of the Pokemon.

I'm naming my guy Blake (Black in some language) in Pokemon White, and Alba (Latin for White) will be my girl in Pokemon Black.

Klutzybear
6th February 2011, 7:11 PM
I remain convinced that the Pokemon was designed to troll everyone.

Look at it! LOOK AT IT!
It's got the "troll" look, its animation is rapidly jumping up and down, the cry is a fart-esque noise, the stats are far better than one would think, it's not water type

That is the weirdest thing abut it, isn't it? It looks like it's body was designed for the water but it's a random dual ground/electric Pokemon. Can't imagine how it'd fair on land.

Gues I'll just have to wait for the game or the show to explain. :P

Klutzybear
6th February 2011, 7:17 PM
My god, how can everybody just keep on hating poor little Stunfisk? It's so incredibly cute and round and flat and adorable. It even has good enough stats, typing and movepool for a standalone. If it only had Water Absorb, it'd be perfect.

But seriously, it's probably the most awesome standalone Pokémon since Dunsparce and definately my favourite from Unova. Right after Serperior that is.

Stunfisk's just way too cute to be hated <3

Infidel!

Dunsparce may not be my favorite, but at least it was 'somewhat' cute.

Stunfisk looks like a Pokemon that was beaten with a hammer, run over with a car, left out in the sun for too long and splashed with toxic waste which allowed it to grow those flippers.

. . .Oh my god. . .That would explain why it's got a fish like body! It's a mutant Pokemon! Zomg!

Ahh, but I guess it's wrong for me to question people's love of. . .certain. . . mutant Pokemon. . . >__>

Dr. Leggs
6th February 2011, 7:30 PM
That is the weirdest thing abut it, isn't it? It looks like it's body was designed for the water but it's a random dual ground/electric Pokemon. Can't imagine how it'd fair on land.

It's based on a flounder. But Water/Ground and Water/Electric have already been done, so they made Stunfisk Ground/Electric.

The Tynamo line is based on aquatic creatures as well, but have no Water typing.

isshoni
6th February 2011, 7:50 PM
Lawl, people believed those fake names that I posted in news comments for Pokejungle?

I did it just for teh trollz, to check how quick PJ is to believe rumors.

I'm sorry, those aren't real.

Well isn't that precious.

Infidel!

Dunsparce may not be my favorite, but at least it was 'somewhat' cute.

Stunfisk looks like a Pokemon that was beaten with a hammer, run over with a car, left out in the sun for too long and splashed with toxic waste which allowed it to grow those flippers.

. . .Oh my god. . .That would explain why it's got a fish like body! It's a mutant Pokemon! Zomg!

Ahh, but I guess it's wrong for me to question people's love of. . .certain. . . mutant Pokemon. . . >__>

And still it's pretty much the most awesome Pokémon of gen V. How could you not love something so adorable? It's a good thing that all the Stunfisk in the world have me to love 'em.

It's based on a flounder. But Water/Ground and Water/Electric have already been done, so they made Stunfisk Ground/Electric.

The Tynamo line is based on aquatic creatures as well, but have no Water typing.

Like Dr. Leggs here said, Stunfisk's based on a flounder. It buries itself in sand or mud and zaps everyone who steps on it, so it's basically an electric land mine, hence the typing.

Klutzybear
6th February 2011, 7:54 PM

Oh, look at that, you're right.

Wow, the first form doesn't know anything but it's standard moveset for a long time. O_o;

Why is nintendo so strange when it comes to things from the sea?

They made Lapras and Milotic, can't we have another pretty Pokemon for the water? D;

Xweek
6th February 2011, 9:13 PM
Nitro as in Nitrous which makes engines go faster. Duh. :D

Or Nitro as in Nitroglycerin. Get some of that and it's time to say KABOOM! Mwee hee hee!

The Eleventh
6th February 2011, 10:29 PM
oh i didnt know it was gonna be purchased as a 2nd ds. i thought it was a first one. anyway, you say the dsi will be 'obselete', even though this is true, not many people will have the money to buy a 3DS.

Let me correct you, "many people will have the money to buy a 3DS". It's the next generation of handhelds, of course people will buy it! It's not even that expensive, you can get it for about Ł200, which is great value when you think about what you're getting: a 3D handheld without glasses, excellent graphics, augmented reality and SpotPass and StreetPass, to name but a few.

Anyways, back on-topic. . .

Disgruntled Goat
7th February 2011, 1:53 AM
The engineer in you should know that air is 78% nitrogen, therefore not cold. Nitrogen is only cold when it's in liquid form, same as oxygen or any other gas.

oh i didnt know it was gonna be purchased as a 2nd ds. i thought it was a first one.
I'm not sure they specified actually, I just assumed since they wanted to put the picture on a regular DSi. If it's their first DS(i) then it's a good deal to get the Pokemon one.

anyway, you say the dsi will be 'obselete', even though this is true, not many people will have the money to buy a 3DS.
Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing my DS for a few years, as will many people. But by definition, when they bring a new version of a console out, the old one is counted as obsolete.

Ace of Shades
7th February 2011, 2:04 AM
New here but does anyone else not likedespise Simisear?

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th February 2011, 2:43 AM

Part of Masuda/GF's goal this gen was to give people the feeling of 1st gen; not really knowing what type each Pokemon was on the first run through, etc. To that effect there are several Pokemon (Frillish, Tynamo, Shelmet, Stunfisk, Golett come to mind) whose types are not immediately obvious at first glance or are counter intuitive.

Stunfisk is found near Icirrus City, floating (presumably) above patches of marshland (alongside Shelmet and Palpitoad). This location is also in close proximity to Electra Rock Cave, where Tynamo and Voltik (and Klink) are found, so its electric typing could be 'influenced' by that.

BW202
7th February 2011, 2:50 AM
New here but does anyone else not likedespise Simisear?

I'm not too fond of him either. He's not terrible but he's my least favorite elemental monkey. Speaking of the monkeys, not sure if it's true but I have heard they're designed after musicians. So who are Simisage/sear designed after? I know Simipour is supposed to be Bob Marley.

Tyrannotaur
7th February 2011, 2:54 AM
I'm not too fond of him either. He's not terrible but he's my least favorite elemental monkey. Speaking of the monkeys, not sure if it's true but I have heard they're designed after musicians. So who are Simisage/sear designed after? I know Simipour is supposed to be Bob Marley.

Simisage being Elvis should be obvious no? No idea about Simisear.

-;248;

Ace of Shades
7th February 2011, 3:11 AM

Simisear is obviously Justin Bieber DER Not kidding

Dr. Leggs
7th February 2011, 5:04 AM
Simisear almost reminds me of Hendrix but I'm not sure...

joxxmarie
7th February 2011, 4:02 PM
Lol, Maxim you trolling feind!

I actually read it off of a livejournal page (this one --> http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4130682.html#cutid1), though, so it just goes to show you how many people actually believed it. Poor Pokejungle. Now people are going to be a bit more skeptical when they read about leaks coming from that site.

I hope they do end up picking a name having to do with literature for Shikimi, though. I read your post on another thread about where you got Skian's name from, and it's pretty ingenious :D

The gym leader's names have been confirmed though, right?

Mr.Munchlax
7th February 2011, 5:18 PM
Lol, Maxim you trolling feind!

I actually read it off of a livejournal page (this one --> http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4130682.html#cutid1), though, so it just goes to show you how many people actually believed it. Poor Pokejungle. Now people are going to be a bit more skeptical when they read about leaks coming from that site.

I hope they do end up picking a name having to do with literature for Shikimi, though. I read your post on another thread about where you got Skian's name from, and it's pretty ingenious :D

The gym leader's names have been confirmed though, right?

So all the gym leader names posted on pokejungle were fake too?

Chimchar15
7th February 2011, 5:42 PM
The names are real guys what does that post have to do with anything? Pokejungle had the names posted before that site did. The only ones which aren't are the elite four names.

Poke_Mania97
7th February 2011, 5:57 PM
Let me correct you, "many people will have the money to buy a 3DS". It's the next generation of handhelds, of course people will buy it! It's not even that expensive, you can get it for about Ł200, which is great value when you think about what you're getting: a 3D handheld without glasses, excellent graphics, augmented reality and SpotPass and StreetPass, to name but a few.

Anyways, back on-topic. . .

Well, let me correct you. Now im gonna assume your rich. Ł200 is quite alot in terms for a handheld. and i know its 3d and has all those features i agree, but not ALL people are like you.

ok money doesnt grow on trees so dont tell me whats expensive and whats not.

'Anyways,back on-topic...'

Maxim
7th February 2011, 7:00 PM
So all the gym leader names posted on pokejungle were fake too?

No. They're most likely real. They were posted by a guy who really has BW, as he's a reviewer.

Also, PokeJungle never acknowledged my troll names. They were ONLY in the comments, posted by a random guy (who was me) so it did surprise me that some people believed them.

As for etymology for Crafton - Craft = power. Also "crash". I thought it was a powerful-sounding name.

The Eleventh
7th February 2011, 7:13 PM
Well, let me correct you. Now im gonna assume your rich. Ł200 is quite alot in terms for a handheld. and i know its 3d and has all those features i agree, but not ALL people are like you.

ok money doesnt grow on trees so dont tell me whats expensive and whats not.

'Anyways,back on-topic...'

Nope, I'm not rich, but I have money that I've saved for the next generation of handhelds. If you want to play the next Pokémon games (or any other new game, at that), I suggest you put money aside to buy a 3DS. It's only Ł30-Ł40 more expensive than the XL. . .

Poke_Mania97
7th February 2011, 9:13 PM
Nope, I'm not rich, but I have money that I've saved for the next generation of handhelds. If you want to play the next Pokémon games (or any other new game, at that), I suggest you put money aside to buy a 3DS. It's only Ł30-Ł40 more expensive than the XL. . .

i actually am=P but im not getting it straight away

nikohesus
7th February 2011, 9:46 PM
I don't know why people say people don't have enough money to buy a 3DS.
Have you seen kids these days? They have iPhones and PSP's hanging out of their pockets, which cost around $250-$300.
$250 is a reasonable price for what we'll be getting.
Back on topic, yay more English pics. I love how all the names are correctly capitalized, I had to do this manually in the previous generations.

lindsy95
7th February 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm so happy that the names aren't in all capitals anymore.
I know it's a little thing, but I'm much more comfortable with them not in all caps.

Hejiru
7th February 2011, 10:28 PM
I know it's a little thing, but I'm much more comfortable with them not in all caps.

I'm the same way. So glad they changed it.

Only thing, the Pokemon we transfer from 4th Gen games will be all caps, right next to the non-caps ones. :/
Unless they implement some kind of automatic shift to lowercase when we transfer. Or better yet, being able to change names even if we aren't the OT. *crosses fingers*

Dr. Leggs
7th February 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm the same way. So glad they changed it.

Only thing, the Pokemon we transfer from 4th Gen games will be all caps, right next to the non-caps ones. :/
Unless they implement some kind of automatic shift to lowercase when we transfer. Or better yet, being able to change names even if we aren't the OT. *crosses fingers*

Not sure where the picture is but there was a picture wherein Shiny Raikou battling Zoroark had the name 'Raikou' as opposed to 'RAIKOU'. So it's safe to assume non-nicknamed Pokemon that are transferred over will be corrected.

Sakrey
7th February 2011, 10:56 PM
Yup. You're right, Dr. Leggs

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5462/zoroarki.png

The Eleventh
7th February 2011, 11:01 PM
I don't see how the names would be corrected when transferred to Black and White. That image is just a promo, so it has to look good. I'm so glad that the names are no longer in block capitals, that really annoyed me in previous games.

Dr. Leggs
7th February 2011, 11:09 PM
I don't see how the names would be corrected when transferred to Black and White. That image is just a promo, so it has to look good. I'm so glad that the names are no longer in block capitals, that really annoyed me in previous games.

'Have to look good'? It's neither impossible nor difficult to create a program that turns RAIKOU into Raikou as it's transferred over. It's practically confirmed to be the case.

Dracoste
7th February 2011, 11:17 PM
I also think the Pokémon transfered from gen 4 get their names adjusted, of course, if your pokémon has a nickname in capitals, I don't think those will change.
But for unnicknamed Pokémon it's just their pokémon species name, if you transfer a Rattata from FR to you Diamond and let it evolve, the name also changes into Raticate, doesn't it.
So when a Pokémon from gen 4 get transfered towards gen 5 they will probably also just have their Pokémon names like the other Pokémon catchable in Unova.

Sakrey
7th February 2011, 11:41 PM
Some useless fun fact I've stumbled upon: french, german and spanish versions get a double bars for the Ability's notification, whereas japanese and english versions use only one.

Japanese and english version:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9669/desukaan.jpg http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9929/pidoveaben.png

French, german and spanish version:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2479/pidoveabfr.png http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8228/pidoveabger.png http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5511/pidoveabes.png

Grei
8th February 2011, 12:19 AM
Some useless fun fact I've stumbled upon: french, german and spanish versions get a double bars for the Ability's notification, whereas japanese and english versions use only one.

I actually prefer the double-bar. Huh... I wonder why that is. It seems like such a useless change.

Also, I agree with Dracoste. I imagine the non-nicknamed Pokemon will be transferred and have their names converted. Nicknamed Pokemon will likely remain untouched.

Twilight Sky
8th February 2011, 12:55 AM

This I agree with. .___.;

I don't know why, but the capitals used in previous games usually really annoyed me, it looked sort of bothering, and it looked better lowercase to me, anyway.

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 1:24 AM
This is going to sound immature but,

When Audino was first revealed I translated it as the Hearing Pokemon originally but several other translators had a go at me because it was 'obviously' supposed to be the Healing Pokemon (Hearing/Healing sound the same in Japanese because of the lack of r/l distinction). I knew I was right and I always hated that I caved into that pressure to change it.

Well, to them I say nerr! Audino is now officially the Hearing Pokemon in English.

BCVM22
8th February 2011, 1:26 AM
Meh. Daikenki is still a fake design. I have images of all the JPEG noise to prove it.

Xman96
8th February 2011, 1:32 AM
Meh. Daikenki is still a fake design. I have images of all the JPEG noise to prove it.

Shhhhhh.... That's a secret.

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 1:33 AM

It looks like a horse/ How the hell can it be real?? It looks like a unicorn, doesn't look like an otter at all! GF sucks if this is real gfraaahhh!!! *Angry 4ch trolling* graahahshhaahh horsiederpies horse unicorn fail. Here, I've got this cool .gif you can look at to see why it's fake. derp. derp. derp.

EDIT: What I found most ironic that next to horse/unicorn comparisons were comparisons to Sea Lions. Then, when the Pokemon Pia interview showed up with Sugimori/Ohmura saying Oshawott's third evo was partly based on a sea-lion all those people suddenly went 'It looks nothing like a Sea Lion! Clearly fake! Here's another gif!'

Maverik
8th February 2011, 1:43 AM
Shhhhhh.... That's a secret.

Off-Topic: XD Seeing BCVM22's and your posts in a column...

On-Topic: Samurrot is a sexy beast.

Blueysicle
8th February 2011, 2:13 AM

I put together some gif animations showing clear and undeniable proof that Pignite is fake. Look how it's body is vaguely shaped like Lickilicky and see how there's a few pixels of discoloration on its middle finger. Such shoddy and amateur fakes; they're not even trying to make it look authentic.

R_N
8th February 2011, 2:17 AM
I put together some gif animations showing clear and undeniable proof that Pignite is fake. Look how it's body is vaguely shaped like Lickilicky and see how there's a few pixels of discoloration on its middle finger. Such shoddy and amateur fakes; they're not even trying to make it look authentic.

If you overlay Futachimaru and Janovy with their anime concept arts, you will clearly see that it was a sloppy trace job!*

That corocoro scan can't be real, the art doesn't match either!

*which in the long run was probably actually true but

Tyrannotaur
8th February 2011, 2:19 AM

It looks like a horse/ How the hell can it be real?? It looks like a unicorn, doesn't look like an otter at all! GF sucks if this is real gfraaahhh!!! *Angry 4ch trolling* graahahshhaahh horsiederpies horse unicorn fail. Here, I've got this cool .gif you can look at to see why it's fake. derp. derp. derp.

EDIT: What I found most ironic that next to horse/unicorn comparisons were comparisons to Sea Lions. Then, when the Pokemon Pia interview showed up with Sugimori/Ohmura saying Oshawott's third evo was partly based on a sea-lion all those people suddenly went 'It looks nothing like a Sea Lion! Clearly fake! Here's another gif!'

Otter to Narwhal doesn't make sense!!! Also fire /fighting again? Game Freak wouldn't do that!

I can't wait for the inevitable person to come in and not get these are jokes.. (You know its gonna happen).

Random question for those who've played the game. How hard is it to find Tynamo? I'd like to capture one ASAP and start raising it.

-;248;

Dr. Leggs
8th February 2011, 2:23 AM
Gotta say, the uproarious debates over the Dewott/Pignite scans and such were some of the most hilarious discussions the Internet has ever hosted.

Lucario_Guy
8th February 2011, 2:24 AM
New pokemanz aren't pokemanz, they're effing digimonz and furst gen iz the only gen of pokemanz!!!11!!!1one!!

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 2:27 AM
Random question for those who've played the game. How hard is it to find Tynamo? I'd like to capture one ASAP and start raising it
-;248;

Tynamo was so hard for me to find that I ended up just trading someone for it. It's only in one part of electric rock cave and has a 1% chance. After about my 200th Klink and Joltik I just snapped.

New pokemanz aren't pokemanz, they're effing digimonz and furst gen iz the only gen of pokemanz!!!11!!!1one!!

My favourite complaint is the 'WTF Reshiram and Zekrom looked like Digimon! I liked it better when only Sugimori designed the Pokemon!!' sort.

The huge amounts of irony and fallacy in that complaint just tickle me the right way.

Lorde
8th February 2011, 2:30 AM
Tynamo was so hard for me to find that I ended up just trading someone for it. It's only in one part of electric rock cave and has a 1% chance. After about my 200th Klink and Joltik I just snapped.

Tynamo's location page (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/602.shtml#white) says that there is a 2%/8% chance of finding it in Electric Rock Cave, depending on which floor you're on. Is the page wrong? Because I plan on looking for Tynamo as well :x

Blueysicle
8th February 2011, 2:30 AM
Y'know, I have to wonder something. When new Digimon are revealed, does their fanbase immediately roar out with cries of, "These new Digimon look so stupid! They look too much like Pokemon!" It would be hilarious irony if they did.

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 2:39 AM
Tynamo's location page (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/602.shtml#white) says that there is a 2%/8% chance of finding it in Electric Rock Cave, depending on which floor you're on. Is the page wrong? Because I plan on looking for Tynamo as well :x

Huh. How about that. Well, I spent nearly 3.5 hours over 2 days searching all through the cave and couldn't find one, maybe I was just unlucky.

Y'know, I have to wonder something. When new Digimon are revealed, does their fanbase immediately roar out with cries of, "These new Digimon look so stupid! They look too much like Pokemon!" It would be hilarious irony if they did.

Considering what most new digimon look like, I would hope not.

For reference, here's a list of the new Digimon cast in Xros Wars: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/cast/index.html

Tyrannotaur
8th February 2011, 2:44 AM

Huh. How about that. Well, I spent nearly 3.5 hours over 2 days searching all through the cave and couldn't find one, maybe I was just unlucky.

I guess he's just one of those pokemon that you either get lucky and find one or it takes too long and you give up, Like Chansey for example. Here's hoping it doesn't take me forever.

That's a good question. Would be funny if they did.

-;248;

LexSuicune
8th February 2011, 3:04 AM
Digimon fans are just excited when we do get new Digimon lol it's not as often as you guys would think.

Missingno.Fan
8th February 2011, 3:46 AM
For reference, here's a list of the new Digimon cast in Xros Wars: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/cast/index.html

Its a gud ting i quite waching digimony ears ago becuas day look liek pokemon!!!!11!!!! my childh ood iz rapped!!!1!!!11!!!!11!! teh suck!!!11!!!!!one!!11

Nah, I'm just kidding.

R_N
8th February 2011, 5:50 AM
I know the (horribly done) leet speak is done to get the joke across but
uhhhh
does anyone really talk like this

Its a gud ting i quite waching digimony ears ago becuas day look liek pokemon!!!!11!!!! my childh ood iz rapped!!!1!!!11!!!!11!! teh suck!!!11!!!!!one!!11
Parody can only go so far people!

re: Digimon Xcross wars
Some of those could probably be kind of Pokemon-ish. Like Chibikaemon or Dondokomon.
In fact, I'm surprised there haven't been more instrument Pokemon other than Chimecho and Chingling!

Cobalt_Latios
8th February 2011, 6:01 AM
Oh lord, my patience for this shall be tested. I do want an Elektross, but maybe I should reconsider...

My favourite complaint is the 'WTF Reshiram and Zekrom looked like Digimon! I liked it better when only Sugimori designed the Pokemon!!' sort.

The huge amounts of irony and fallacy in that complaint just tickle me the right way.
Seeing some of the TVTrope entries for stuff related to key tropes on these exact things make me realize that there are some really strange fans out there. I'm glad I haven't encountered any of them here...

*knock on wood*

What is this.... I don't even.... :o O_o;;

/CL

MetalFlygon08
8th February 2011, 6:38 AM
I almost want to find those forensic GIFs that certain individuals were bringing up.

I still remember saying "Once these are proven true all of you (non-beleivers) will leave. I got several PM's and a trolly reply of "I'm more matur than fat-lard joe, I won't hide and make up excuses for my mistakes, I will take it like a man and keep posting becuase my palkia's bigger than his! etc..." Funny thing is, none of them are here anymore!

side-bet, they were all game freak staff trying to debunk the leaks to cover their butts.

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 6:48 AM
I know the (horribly done) leet speak is done to get the joke across but
uhhhh

Parody can only go so far people!

Remember kids, it may 'just' be the internet, but I still have the right and privilege to mock your poor spelling and grammar.

re: Digimon Xcross wars
Some of those could probably be kind of Pokemon-ish. Like Chibikaemon or Dondokomon.
In fact, I'm surprised there haven't been more instrument Pokemon other than Chimecho and Chingling!

I suppose, but compared to say the original Digimon series, very few of those bear any resemblance to Pokemon.

Also, Music/Sound Type is one of the most common fakemon types, along with Light, Alien, and Dinosaur.

Oh lord, my patience for this shall be tested. I do want an Elektross, but maybe I should reconsider...

Bear in mind that the percentage I quoted is wrong and I was just unlucky. (The real one varies between 2% and 8% depending on the level of Elctrock Cave you're on)

Seeing some of the TVTrope entries for stuff related to key tropes on these exact things make me realize that there are some really strange fans out there. I'm glad I haven't encountered any of them here...

*knock on wood*

You clearly missed the day Zekrom/Reshiram were unveiled/the whole starter-evo nonsense.

What is this.... I don't even.... :o O_o;;

Ironically, perhaps, it seems that many 'fans' of Pokemon both want and don't want Pokemon to go in that direction of character design (Those who say that Pokemon are conversely too complicated and over-designed, while being too simple and cute).

Ophie
8th February 2011, 7:04 AM

During Digimon's earlier days, Digimon were not separated into generations the way Pokémon is. Akiyoshi Hongo would continually create new Digimon every so often as the anime, the card game, or the video games needed. Because of this, the art shift was not quite as noticeable as in Pokémon, and Digimon fans tend to be a lot more docile as far as the art style goes. (I believe Akiyoshi Hongo still designs them all but does nothing else now.)

I'm glad they have some version of Leomon in there. Leomon is the Kenny McCormick of Digimon. He dies at least once in every season. (Not all of the Digimon featured there are new, by the way.)

Missingno.Fan
8th February 2011, 7:24 AM
Sadly, yes.

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 7:35 AM
I almost want to find those forensic GIFs that certain individuals were bringing up.

I still remember saying "Once these are proven true all of you (non-believers) will leave. I got several PM's and a trolly reply of "I'm more mature than fat-lard joe, I won't hide and make up excuses for my mistakes, I will take it like a man and keep posting because my palkia's bigger than his! etc..." Funny thing is, none of them are here anymore!

side-bet, they were all game freak staff trying to debunk the leaks to cover their butts.

To be fair, when the starters were leaked we'd already had two convincing fakes (remember Giruja and the Llama-thing?) from 2ch and most people had been predicting stuff like those below for the evos.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/archive/index.php/thread-78208-9.html
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/212/4/5/Fake_Evolutions___Wallpaper___by_Dragara.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8589/28512142793354893415506.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/188/f/5/Mijumaru_Evolution_2_by_Penguyen.jpg
http://www.pokestation.net/images/bw_003.png
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2286/28lapgy.jpg

So, people weren't exactly expecting them to take those forms on evolution.

Plus, when there's stuff like this going on:

http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae235/Steve_Try/hvujco.png
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2661/1283740316071.png
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/StarterFake.jpg

People got confused very quickly, especially with the 24 hour removal from the main page, the claims of a PJN commenter they had faked them, Melkor claiming they were real...it was a messy two weeks. And of course, there was Archaic and other peoples behaviour when the scans showing the mid-evos in Corocoro appeared (days went by before some sites posted that one image because there was a minor scanning error that caused Reshiram's nose to appear to cross the page boundary).

And yeah...mess.

R_N
8th February 2011, 7:41 AM
I love that everyone was convinced that:
-Snivy would become a Chinese dragon with either no legs or 4 legs
-Oshawott would become a bipedal otter samurai
-Tepig would remain quadraped, but bigger and possibly have a bomb for a tail

Sakrey
8th February 2011, 7:41 AM
Ah, these were good ol' days. I'm missing them...or maybe not.

R_N
8th February 2011, 7:48 AM
I hated those two weeks with such a passion. Knee-jerk reaction for me was fake because of, well, all the fakes going around, and I believed the first couple of forensic image analysis; but after a while I came to accept them and eventually stopped caring and just wanted everyone to shut up.

It was just baffling the lengths people were willing to go to not believe the stupid things after a while.
Take those corocoro scans with the middle stages. I thought (amongst others) that they were fake because they didn't appear to match up with the other pages. When it was found out it was part of a pamphlet that was torn out for picture purposes, I leaned on the side of believeable.
But not everyone! People were willing to discount virtually all the pages if it meant that one page was false (if the starter page was false, the Aloe page was false, so the Triplets page was false so the....). Then there was some nonsense with Reshiram's nose and oh god it was like the Floaroma Gate x1000

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 8:34 AM
I hated those two weeks with such a passion. Knee-jerk reaction for me was fake because of, well, all the fakes going around, and I believed the first couple of forensic image analysis; but after a while I came to accept them and eventually stopped caring and just wanted everyone to shut up.

Even I thought they were fake when I passed on the link of the BlueSky article to Serebii. It was only that they came from a part of 2ch that leaks had come from before that initially made us suspicious and then Joe sent them off and got confirmation from the contact. In the mean time, the world had exploded and 4ch had gone on a FAAAAAKE!!! ramage.

Hejiru
8th February 2011, 12:45 PM
I'll just quote what I said here:

Once upon a time, some Isshu starter evos were leaked. Then everything went to hell.

Mr.Munchlax
8th February 2011, 1:09 PM

It was just baffling the lengths people were willing to go to not believe the stupid things after a while.
Take those corocoro scans with the middle stages. I thought (amongst others) that they were fake because they didn't appear to match up with the other pages. When it was found out it was part of a pamphlet that was torn out for picture purposes, I leaned on the side of believeable.
But not everyone! People were willing to discount virtually all the pages if it meant that one page was false (if the starter page was false, the Aloe page was false, so the Triplets page was false so the....). Then there was some nonsense with Reshiram's nose and oh god it was like the Floaroma Gate x1000

It was because of how everything that was leaked out during those 2 weeks revealed to be true, not to mention the week when the sprites came out or when that guy from Twitter was posting his own illustrations of them beforehand, I found the English names more believable when they posted them

wearjo
8th February 2011, 1:30 PM
I'll just quote what I said here:

but then it was all right after people realised that these were kick *** pokemon :D

Serebii
8th February 2011, 1:32 PM
Even I thought they were fake when I passed on the link of the BlueSky article to Serebii. It was only that they came from a part of 2ch that leaks had come from before that initially made us suspicious and then Joe sent them off and got confirmation from the contact. In the mean time, the world had exploded and 4ch had gone on a FAAAAAKE!!! ramage.
And thus spawned the Serebii Confirmed meme where they always say I confirm ridiculous obviously fake things...

Sabonea_Masukippa
8th February 2011, 2:50 PM
^Hey Serebii I'm still waiting for my Snelios to evolve into Lapras. :P

SharpedoSteve
8th February 2011, 2:55 PM
You have to give it 20 rare candies while holding mystical water, at day time either on the west or eact side depending on which Shellos it is XD

SasakiThePikachu
8th February 2011, 3:13 PM
So...the gym leader names are confirmed real? Cool. I like them :) Do we know Elite Four names yet??

For the zillionth time - Simipour is Bob Marley, Simisage is Elvis Presley and Simisear is Bob Dylan. Just google 'young bob Dylan' and check the laid-back 'tude and the Mr Whippy hair.

Random question - every event Raikou I have downloaded so far is of Rash nature. Is this normal or am I just really, really lucky?

Dr. Leggs
8th February 2011, 4:25 PM
All event Raikou are Rash. Not the best nature for it, but passable.

Dracoste
8th February 2011, 5:15 PM

Then this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFjf_Klucuc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL) was really lucky, cause the fifth pokémon he encountered in that cave was a Tynamo, You just have to have patience or a lot of luck to encounter one.

I'm actually a bit happy for America and Australia that they also can get the Crown Beasts over Wi-Fi. I'm also happy they are transferable before the Elite 4, they are transferable as soon you reach Castelia City to be precise.

Poke_Mania97
8th February 2011, 5:29 PM
I don't know why people say people don't have enough money to buy a 3DS.
Have you seen kids these days? They have iPhones and PSP's hanging out of their pockets, which cost around $250-$300.
$250 is a reasonable price for what we'll be getting.
Back on topic, yay more English pics. I love how all the names are correctly capitalized, I had to do this manually in the previous generations.

i know that everyone wants to get back on topic, i do as well actually. but the main reason why kids, i assume teenagers(11-16) have them is cause of their parents. or they can afford to pay the monthly bill.

The Eleventh
8th February 2011, 6:49 PM
i know that everyone wants to get back on topic, i do as well actually. but the main reason why kids, i assume teenagers(11-16) have them is cause of their parents. or they can afford to pay the monthly bill.

Speaking as a teenager, I disagree with you. I have goals, and I'm sure others do too. I focus on something, at the moment the 3DS and Pokémon White, and keep at it. If you put pocket money aside each week, you'll eventually have sufficient money to purchase whatever you were aiming for. "Kids" aren't stupid, you know, parents don't do everything for them. :|

Poke_Mania97
8th February 2011, 6:57 PM
Speaking as a teenager, I disagree with you. I have goals, and I'm sure others do too. I focus on something, at the moment the 3DS and Pokémon White, and keep at it. If you put pocket money aside each week, you'll eventually have sufficient money to purchase whatever you were aiming for. "Kids" aren't stupid, you know, parents don't do everything for them. :|

well there obviously are differences between us, i mean i also am a teenager. and like you i am saving up for black/white and a 3DS. but sometimes, teenagers, especially spoilt rich ones do rely on their parents

Aurath8
8th February 2011, 7:01 PM

The first three things I see.
-Druddigon head with a microphone
-Patriotic American Robot Hercacross
-Gold starfish with Squirtle Squad sunglasses
Oh, lord...
And for the 3DS, I hear Britain have to pay Ł230 whereas America get for essentially Ł180.

Poke_Mania97
8th February 2011, 7:03 PM
The first three things I see.
-Druddigon head with a microphone
-Patriotic American Robot Hercacross
-Gold starfish with Squirtle Squad sunglasses
Oh, lord...
And for the 3DS, I hear Britain have to pay Ł230 whereas America get for essentially Ł180.

actually its down to Ł220 in GAME/Gamestation. and most bundles are Ł240-250

Chibi_Muffin
8th February 2011, 7:48 PM
...Is it just me or does one of those Digimon look like Starfy?

Ugh, I wish people would stop complaining. I admit it, when I saw the evo sheet, I was thinking "Yeah, they're probably fake". Then I saw the second stage scan and thought "Hey, they might be real". Then the games came out and it clicked. I liked Samurott. I liked Emboar. And I loved Serperior - the same 'got to have it' feel I first got for Snivy.

I think the reason why people complain is that it isn't ever exactly how they want it - unless they're either complete copies of their Fakémon or not even made at all, not to scorn their 'precious' first gen. They set too high expectations and moan when they can't be kept.

I like Pokemon from all gens. I just see new ones and think - hey cool! Sure there are some new ones I don't like - the ugly cloud things (I don't call them genies... my REAL favourite is a true genie) andd Stunfisk. But those FOUR are out of 156, and there are plenty of new ones I DO like. So yeah.

Speaking of Fakémon, ages ago I made some. The funny part? Two of them were a fire type starter line - an anteater to be exact. And a fire type candle.

Black and White came out and I saw Heatamor and Litwick.

I laughed. =]

Dr. Leggs
8th February 2011, 10:10 PM
Speaking of Heatmor; most forgotten Pokemon of Gen V?

gliscor&yanmega
8th February 2011, 10:20 PM
Speaking of Heatmor; most forgotten Pokemon of Gen V?

I don't know about others but I remember it all the time, probably since I like the thing.

Although I never forget any Pokemon, they're all in my mind never to escape.

EDIT: I wish Audino would get out of my mind though, I'm tired of the nightmares lol.

Dr. Leggs
8th February 2011, 10:24 PM
I mean, I haven't literally forgotten it, but it's arguably the Pokemon I think of the least from Gen V. XD

The Eleventh
8th February 2011, 10:31 PM
actually its down to Ł220 in GAME/Gamestation. and most bundles are Ł240-250

You can get it for Ł197 on Amazon now, and in Tesco if you use an online voucher, too. Check out ONM's site, they update with the cheapest deals, if you're interested. :)

joxxmarie
9th February 2011, 12:52 AM
Just saw the new names confirmed on the B/W site. The one that gets me the most ... Alomomola. Seriously? It's another palindrome like Girafarig, though I end up saying it as "Aloe-moe-mole-a" which reminds me of 'Alohomora' in Harry Potter. Maybe NoA is on a Potter kick, as was suggested with Litwick (Professor Flitwick).

Swanna is a fail. Deerling's already starting to grow on me, though. And I'm happy that Victini's keeping it's name :D

Question, though: Why is Victini being referred to as a "Mythical" pokemon on the official site? (US version, not sure if it's different in other languages) Are Black and White going to refer to all Legendaries as being "Mythical" rather than "Legendary"? Or is it just because Victini's an event pokemon?

R_N
9th February 2011, 12:59 AM
Just saw the new names confirmed on the B/W site. The one that gets me the most ... Alomomola. Seriously? It's another palindrome like Girafarig, though I end up saying it as "Aloe-moe-mole-a" which reminds me of 'Alohomora' in Harry Potter. Maybe NoA is on a Potter kick, as was suggested with Litwick (Professor Flitwick).

What's wrong with Alomomola?

Swanna is a fail. Deerling's already starting to grow on me, though. And I'm happy that Victini's keeping it's name :D
So you think Swanna is a "fail" but like Deerling?
wha

Question, though: Why is Victini being referred to as a "Mythical" pokemon on the official site? (US version, not sure if it's different in other languages) Are Black and White going to refer to all Legendaries as being "Mythical" rather than "Legendary"? Or is it just because Victini's an event pokemon?
Considering only Victini has been referred to as "Mythical", and not Zekrom &/or Reshiram, the general consensus is that its the new equivilant of "Phantom" Pokemon.

jwla
9th February 2011, 1:07 AM
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]Just saw the new names confirmed on the B/W site. The one that gets me the most ... Alomomola. Seriously? It's another palindrome like Girafarig, though I end up saying it as "Aloe-moe-mole-a" which reminds me of 'Alohomora' in Harry Potter. Maybe NoA is on a Potter kick, as was suggested with Litwick (Professor Flitwick)

Alomomola is based on the sunfish, otherwise known as a mola mola. Like it's Japanese name, Alomomola puts a stress on being matronly, like a mother. It's Alo-MOM-ola.

Litwick isn't necessarily Harry Potter-based, as it's a candle with a lit wick. Easily explained.

joxxmarie
9th February 2011, 1:19 AM
Snowyarticuno: I really don't have anything against Alomomola and didn't mean for it to come out sounding like it did. I guess I like it more now that the English names sounds like something from Potter. (Or maybe that's just how I'm saying it) I haven't really been a fan of it since it was revealed because of the whole Luvdisc thing, but I'm more indifferent to it now.

I just don't get the play on words with Swanna. And I feel like NoA chose it just because they couldn't think of anything better. I know that Deerling is a play on 'Deer' + 'dearling' (refering to something small and cherished, etc) so that one just made more sense to me.

Thanks for clearing that up jwla, it makes sense now :)
And yeah, I know that Litwick and Alomomola most-likely aren't Harry Potter-based, but a fan can dream ...

Dr. Leggs
9th February 2011, 1:38 AM
Swanna was the Japanese name. Many Pokemon have names unchanged from Japanese.

Sceptile770
9th February 2011, 1:43 AM
If u want a funny name check out Roggenrolla lolololo

rayscode
9th February 2011, 1:43 AM
Haxorus and scrafty look really nice :)

R_N
9th February 2011, 1:56 AM
Swanna was the Japanese name. Many Pokemon have names unchanged from Japanese.

I think that was her point.

Dr. Leggs
9th February 2011, 1:59 AM
Ahh, my fault.

Also Roggenrola is one of my favourite names ever.

Tyrannotaur
9th February 2011, 2:02 AM
I just don't get the play on words with Swanna. And I feel like NoA chose it just because they couldn't think of anything better. I know that Deerling is a play on 'Deer' + 'dearling' (refering to something small and cherished, etc) so that one just made more sense to me.

Deerling is most likely Deer+Yearling or Darling. Yearling is a young horse or deer. Also Sapling is a young tree so that could be part of the name as well.

-;248;

Porgon-XYZ
9th February 2011, 2:05 AM
Eelektross looks awesome! The Ability Big Pecks disturbs me a little...

Excadrill
9th February 2011, 2:20 AM
People keep knocking new pokemon as "unoriginal", but there's really no universal definition or standard of that which we can use. It's just TOO much based on opinion and bias (especially from people who clearly just outgrew pokemon).

tmega90
9th February 2011, 3:32 AM
I like the name Roggenrola too. It sounds really funny and cool to me.

MetalFlygon08
9th February 2011, 5:04 AM
Eelektross looks awesome! The Ability Big Pecks disturbs me a little...

My 'lil fweind here doesn't like your tone...
http://www.iaza.com/work/110209C/iaza19739462238100.gif

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
9th February 2011, 5:17 AM
Deerling could also be Deer + Duckling.

Sceptile770
9th February 2011, 5:22 AM
Yeah its pretty cool, fits the pokemon in a way too lol.

MetalFlygon08
9th February 2011, 5:34 AM
I thought it was Deer+Kremling to promote the new Donkey Kong game...

Tyrannotaur
9th February 2011, 5:34 AM

What does it have to do with ducks?lol..
Sure the ending -ling implies little or young, but thats already in yearling/sapling. I wont rule it out entierly, but its unlikely that duckling is part of the name.

;248;

Grei
9th February 2011, 6:04 AM

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

King Shuckle
9th February 2011, 6:25 AM

.....or not. ;/

I'd assume it's from Deer + Ling, which is a shrub with flowers on it.

Seen here: http://chestofbooks.com/flora-plants/flowers/British-Wild-Flowers-2/Ling-Calluna-Vulgaris-Hull.html

Sponge
9th February 2011, 8:33 AM
People keep knocking new pokemon as "unoriginal", but there's really no universal definition or standard of that which we can use. It's just TOO much based on opinion and bias (especially from people who clearly just outgrew pokemon).

I agree,

Saying a pokemon is unoriginal = saying you just don't like a pokemon

pretty much.

Carina
9th February 2011, 10:10 AM
.....or not. ;/

I'd assume it's from Deer + Ling, which is a shrub with flowers on it.

Seen here: http://chestofbooks.com/flora-plants/flowers/British-Wild-Flowers-2/Ling-Calluna-Vulgaris-Hull.html

It has nothing to do with ducklings. lol
It's from deer + yearling. A yearling is an animal in its second year...or a one yr old horse. If you want further proof, check out the Gregory Peck film 'The Yearling' about a little boy and a fawn.

King Shuckle
9th February 2011, 10:36 AM
It has nothing to do with ducklings. lol
It's from deer + yearling. A yearling is an animal in its second year...or a one yr old horse. If you want further proof, check out the Gregory Peck film 'The Yearling' about a little boy and a fawn.

Yeah, I know it has nothing to do with ducks, which I noted in the post you quoted. And yeah, I figured it might be from yearling as well, but the ling thing I posted is just a plausible as well, wouldn't you agree?

Maxim
9th February 2011, 11:33 AM
Isn't -ling a suffix that creates names of young animals?

Carina
9th February 2011, 12:46 PM

Yeah, I know it has nothing to do with ducks, which I noted in the post you quoted. And yeah, I figured it might be from yearling as well, but the ling thing I posted is just a plausible as well, wouldn't you agree?

Yeah sorry, I should've quoted gyaradosuseddragonrage!'s post, not yours. :P By the way, I had no idea that ling was a type of shrub...which also makes a lot of sense.

Disgruntled Goat
9th February 2011, 1:12 PM
'-ling' is a diminutive suffix, implying smaller, younger or inferior. On this Wikipedia page (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/-ling) you'll also see '-le' which explains Blitzle.

SasakiThePikachu
9th February 2011, 1:38 PM
When I first heard 'Deerling' I thought ewww -___-;; but like most punny names, it grows on you the more you think it over. It isn't just darling/deer/dear, it's yearling too, which is a reference to its seasonal coat, and what I most missed in the translation ^^ (since it's, like, the biggest selling point of that poke) So good on ya, Ninty *royal thumbs up*

I disagree that saying a pokemon is unoriginal is just saying you don't like a pokemon. Proof? Many of the pokemon I love most are pretty damn unoriginal. Charizard says hi =3 It IS a matter of opinion, but 'unoriginal' is still not the same as saying 'I don't like this pokemon'. But I do see your point - ppl need to stop wangsting. There are over 150 new pokemon to choose from...I say if you can't find anything you like in that selection, then for god's sake put yourself and all of us out of your misery. Nobody is forcing you to play anymore.

Hey, does anyone know if we're going to keep getting city/town/attack names leaked up to release, or will we just get everything in a big infodump on the day now? Less than a month to go ^^;;

Dr. Leggs
9th February 2011, 1:55 PM
Quite a lot of puns can be pulled from Deerling, so it's not as if there's one single reference we could pinpoint. Deer, yearling, darling, dearling, -ling, ling, etc.

wearjo
9th February 2011, 2:05 PM
Quite a lot of puns can be pulled from Deerling, so it's not as if there's one single reference we could pinpoint. Deer, yearling, darling, dearling, -ling, ling, etc.

so basically Deerling is a literal deerling, a young deer, a darling <3, a yearling, and a shrub 0.o that's a lot... who ever knew that pokemon could make a great name that seems so punnyfuliously awesome :D

While we're on the subject, what was charizard made up of???