PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 9:33 PM
Forgot them, quick topic change, I just saw the celebi event Gamestop comercial, and in the battle it had Snivy vs. Zorua, and Snivy used Giga Impact/Double-Edge, that's not possible is it?

Nope. Snivy does learn Slam, which would be the closest thing I could imagine. Could you find the video somewhere?

hever
22nd February 2011, 9:33 PM
I can't see Audino anymore, it's pre-release chin has scarred me for life...
And its name tightly fits its appearance. It sorta sounds like a mental illness. A blend of albino and autistic.

Audino really does seem useless in my eyes... Like a worse Chansey but in every way, and uglier. ._.

I'm actually really not liking any of the Normal-types this time around, with the exception of Sawsbuck and Cinccino, so those'd be my picks.

Chansey was cute. That's why they made it rare. Audino is just an ugly creation of Arceus. And Minccino is cute.

MetalFlygon08
22nd February 2011, 9:34 PM
Lilipup is also good, but got on my nerves, since almost everyone early on has one on their teams!

hever
22nd February 2011, 9:36 PM
Lilipup is also good, but got on my nerves, since almost everyone early on has one on their teams!

I also like Watchog.

LeviNifty
22nd February 2011, 11:42 PM

I like Lillipup too and its 2nd evo Herdier but I dont think the look of its 3 evo Stoutland, I think the beard it has is a bit too long =p

Maverik
22nd February 2011, 11:44 PM
I think the beard it has is a bit too long =p

That's an understatement.

KickAsh
22nd February 2011, 11:48 PM
I also like Watchog
Watchog creeps me out. Those eyes...

I'm actually really not liking any of the Normal-types this time around, with the exception of Sawsbuck and Cinccino, so those'd be my picks.
Lillipup's line is awesome, and Cinccino is not bad either. But Buffalon is a total badass and is easily one of the greatest Normal-type Pokemon of all time.

hever
22nd February 2011, 11:52 PM
Watchog creeps me out. Those eyes...

At first I thought so too. But I am hypnotized by those alluring set of beautiful eyes.

LeviNifty
22nd February 2011, 11:57 PM
At first I thought so too. But I am hypnotized by those alluring set of beautiful eyes.

Its why Watchog has the ability Illuminate, the wild pokemon get lured in by its crazy stare =p

jwla
22nd February 2011, 11:59 PM
If we're talking straight normal-types, I am going to go with the Lillipup line. I enjoyed using Lillipup and Herdier, but boxed it before it evolved.

If we're talking dual types, it's Sawsbuck all the way. I like the design and unique typing!!

hever
23rd February 2011, 12:00 AM
Its why Watchog has the ability Illuminate, the wild pokemon get lured in by its crazy stare =p

Mmhmm. Audino in the other hand is an ugly, sl*tty goat/rabbit hybrid. Nobody likes her.

LeviNifty
23rd February 2011, 12:03 AM
Anyone wondering why Watchog can learn Mean Look but not Scary Face =/

hever
23rd February 2011, 12:06 AM
Anyone wondering why Watchog can learn Mean Look but not Scary Face =/

Because its face is really not that scary.

KickAsh
23rd February 2011, 12:13 AM
If we're talking dual types, it's Sawsbuck all the way. I like the design and unique typing!!
Agreed. Plus the way it changes with the seasons...that's awesome.
Although... Washibon is adorable and I love it. Had to get that out.

Mmhmm. Audino in the other hand is an ugly, sl*tty goat/rabbit hybrid. Nobody likes her.
So, so true. She's like the Mila Kunis to Chansey's Natalie Portman in Black Swan. (At the beginning at least, when Natalie Portman seems to be a relatively nice lady.)

hever
23rd February 2011, 12:16 AM
So, so true. She's like the Mila Kunis to Natalie Portman in Black Swan. (At the beginning at least, when Natalie Portman seems to be a relatively nice lady.)

Sadly, I have not seen the movie, so I do not fully understand that reference. But, I trust your judgment because Audino looks sl*ttier than the sl*ttiest ballet dancer out there. (Ballerinas are really pole dancers; but their poles differ to those in stripping clubs becuase they have them in the horizontal position.)

Gus Portual
23rd February 2011, 12:40 AM
I know its a joke, but that last comment hurts my soul T_T

I do like Audino actually. I hope there are fun ways to use it that dont exclusively involve 2vs2 or 3vs3.

hever
23rd February 2011, 12:49 AM
ok I was overdramatic. I'm just upset that Audino replaced (somewhat) Chansey. :(

Blazios
23rd February 2011, 12:55 AM
ok I was overdramatic. I'm just upset that Audino replaced (somewhat) Chansey. :(

What about Patrat replacing Rattata? Or Pidove replacing Pidgey? Or Roggenrola replacing Geodude? Or Woobat replacing Zubat? Or Foongus replacing Voltorb? Or Timburr replacing Machop? Or Purrloin replacing Meowth? Or Tympole replacing Poliwag? Or Throh and Sawk replacing Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan? Or Trubbish replacing Grimer? Or Emolga replacing Pikachu? Or Frillish replacing Tentacool? Or Klink replacing Magnemite?

The Eleventh
23rd February 2011, 1:03 AM
I lurve Watchog. I don't see why people hate Audino. It's so cute.

hever
23rd February 2011, 1:17 AM
What about Patrat replacing Rattata? Or Pidove replacing Pidgey? Or Roggenrola replacing Geodude? Or Woobat replacing Zubat? Or Foongus replacing Voltorb? Or Timburr replacing Machop? Or Purrloin replacing Meowth? Or Tympole replacing Poliwag? Or Throh and Sawk replacing Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan? Or Trubbish replacing Grimer? Or Emolga replacing Pikachu? Or Frillish replacing Tentacool? Or Klink replacing Magnemite?

I don't care about those. Chansey has a special place close to my heart.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 1:30 AM
I don't care about those. Chansey has a special place close to my heart.

The place where it is the most obnoxious Pokemon to get
Or the one where you have to spend forever trying to steal a lucky egg

hever
23rd February 2011, 1:32 AM

That's why I like it. It's not everywhere like Audino. :(

R_N
23rd February 2011, 1:33 AM
That's why I like it. It's not everywhere like Audino. :(

You're a horrible person. Go to the corner

Angry Ancestor
23rd February 2011, 1:35 AM

All those Pokémon are worthy enough to "replace" the others. Audino on the other hand, is not.

Blazios
23rd February 2011, 1:36 AM
All those Pokémon are worthy enough to "replace" the others. Audino on the other hand, is not.

Am I the only person on the planet who likes it more than Chansey?

lindsy95
23rd February 2011, 1:39 AM
No.

Audino is much... better(opinion wise) than chansey.

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 1:40 AM
What's up with all the Audino hate? It's cute. And believe me, it's something for me to say that about a non-Poison-type.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 1:46 AM
They're not trying to "replace" the other Pokemon... it's a homage.

And Audino>Chansey. I can no longer stand the overrated lump of light pink.

kemal07
23rd February 2011, 1:46 AM
I remember when Audino was first leaked. Everyone had big hatred towards it and I never understood why. Yes it might not be a Pokemon most majority will have on their team but design wise it's cute and not annoying looking.

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 1:47 AM
Not to mention, defeating one supposedly results in boatloads of experience points. I can't see anyone really hating that.

And you know what? I just might use Audino in White version.

Angry Ancestor
23rd February 2011, 1:49 AM
We all have our opinions. I don't like Audino because it is simply strange. Its body shape, its face/eyes...oh man, those eyes...*shudders*

R_N
23rd February 2011, 1:50 AM
What's up with all the Audino hate? It's cute. And believe me, it's something for me to say that about a non-Poison-type.

I like its sprite but I really do not like the sugimori art at all. It is super unflattering, honestly.

Other than that it's a cute little nurse rabbit, what's not to like?
Also, Audino's stats have a far more even spread than Chansey's "oh god its damage everyone into HP and Special defense" spread.
I've gone over them in detail before, but they both have a number of pros and cons to how they work.

Cinccino
23rd February 2011, 1:51 AM
I don't love Audino, but I don't really have anything to hate about it. It might be annoying to run into everywhere, but you're not obligated to catch it. And I don't like it's design as much as Chansey, but I bet you that half of the people who are bashing Audino are only doing so because of nostalgia towards the first generation.

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:04 AM
You're a horrible person. Go to the corner

I'm horrible person for not liking Audino? Mmm.. Remember people, I'm merely basing my liking for the said pokemon from its appearance. We're all entitled to our own opinions, so let me be.

Let me be, let me be!
Let me be, oh let me be!
Whisper words of whisdom,
Let me be, heeee!!

LeviNifty
23rd February 2011, 2:11 AM
On the subject of Audino, I just happened to encounter one just now and I like how the music changes since its a rare

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:15 AM
Ok, I'm sure I will grow to love it, like I did for Oshawott... or maybe when they redesign it to give it a pronnounced chin?

XXD17
23rd February 2011, 2:21 AM
On the subject of Audino, I just happened to encounter one just now and I like how the music changes since its a rare

Can't you only find it in shaking grass? Wouldn't that mean it will always be associated with music that is different from the regular battle music like all shaking grass specific pokemon like emolga? Anyways, what's everyone's take on the new water types? I've seen a lot of love for the frillish line, the oshawott line but not so much anyone else...I can agree in regards to the panpour and tympole line because they kind of average on looks and stats but what about Swanna or Alomomola or Basculin? All the talk about Audino got me thinking about Alomomola on how it functions the same way, as a crazy annoying support wall only chiefly in physical defense...I personally really like basculin, not because its design is great or anything but it can really wreck stuff...adaptability+huge attack+aqua tail/ aqua jet can seriously maim things that don't have water absorb...for example, same levels, my basculin OHKO'd an emboar with full health with only and aqua tail in the SUN...

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 2:25 AM
I don't really like any Unovan Water-types to use them on my team, but my favourites would be Dewott/Samurott, Frillish/Jellicent and Basculin.

GalladeX
23rd February 2011, 2:25 AM
Here's a list as we know it now (italics means possibly designed):

Ken Sugimori: Zekrom Reshiram, Sawk, Throh, Audino, Klink, Klang, Klinklang
James Turner: Golett, Golurk, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Vullaby
Ohmura: Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott,
Atsuko Nishida: Minccino, Chillaccino, Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland, Munna, Musharna, Karrablast (at least the original idea for it, anyway), Cottonee, Whimsicott, Petilil, Lilligant (also Pikachu in Gen 1)
Umino/Unno: Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour
Korean Guy whose name always escapes me: Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
Female Staff Member 'Newbie': Haxorus, Fraxure, Axew, Stunfisk, Frillish, Darumaka, Darmanitan.

Haha, Sawk and Throh are pretty awesome in a kind of goofy way.
Turner designed some pretty cool Pokemon. I always wanted more backstory on Golett and Golurk, since it said they were made by an ancient civilization according to their dex entries. I hope they expand on it in the anime. Perhaps they'll add Sigilyph, too?
Nishida seems to design "cute" Pokemon for the most part. Not that that do esn't make them cool.

Blazios
23rd February 2011, 2:27 AM
All the talk about Audino got me thinking about Alomomola on how it functions the same way, as a crazy annoying support wall only chiefly in physical defense

On PO, with one Stockpile Baton Passed to it, my Alomomola managed to singlehandedly outstall an entire rain team using Wish/Protect/Toxic/Submersion. This included a Life Orb Adamant Scizor with +6 Attack. It's a great physical wall normally but in the rain with Hydration, it's absolutely amazing.

Cinccino
23rd February 2011, 2:29 AM
Can't you only find it in shaking grass? Wouldn't that mean it will always be associated with music that is different from the regular battle music like all shaking grass specific pokemon like emolga? Anyways, what's everyone's take on the new water types? I've seen a lot of love for the frillish line, the oshawott line but not so much anyone else...I can agree in regards to the panpour and tympole line because they kind of average on looks and stats but what about Swanna or Alomomola or Basculin? All the talk about Audino got me thinking about Alomomola on how it functions the same way, as a crazy annoying support wall only chiefly in physical defense...I personally really like basculin, not because its design is great or anything but it can really wreck stuff...adaptability+huge attack+aqua tail/ aqua jet can seriously maim things that don't have water absorb...for example, same levels, my basculin OHKO'd an emboar with full health with only and aqua tail in the SUN...

I'm actually a big fan of the Tympole line, believe it or not. I think my favorite of the line is Gamagaru, or at least in terms of design(: Tympole was one of the first Pokemon I actually took interest in when Black and White were released in Japan.

BW202
23rd February 2011, 2:29 AM
I personally love the Tympole line. Alomomola is above average to me, not sure what it is. Basculin is meh, it NEEDS an evo next generation. Panpour is average like the other monkeys. Simipour is my second favorite final monkey next to Pansage, another average one to me. Frillish line is above average especially after the backstory on it. Oshawott is cute as f**** and it's evos are awesome. Overall, the Waters weren't too impressive but there are some cool ones. I only dislike Basculin.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 2:30 AM
I'm horrible person for not liking Audino? Mmm.. Remember people, I'm merely basing my liking for the said pokemon from its appearance. We're all entitled to our own opinions, so let me be.

Let me be, let me be!
Let me be, oh let me be!
Whisper words of whisdom,
Let me be, heeee!!

You're a horrible person for liking Chansey for the worst reasons (obnoxiously rare, obnoxiously rare hold item).
Keep up, here.

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 2:30 AM
Always wondered if Pokemon like Golett/Golurk and Sigilyph were of the same ancient civilization as Baltoy/Claydol, Unown, the Regi trio, etc... Just a thought/

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:35 AM
Always wondered if Pokemon like Golett/Golurk and Sigilyph were of the same ancient civilization as Baltoy/Claydol, Unown, the Regi trio, etc... Just a thought/

They're completely from different regions, but I can see it. GF really needs to come out with a thorough timeline of the pokemon world to dismiss some of the long awaited answers.

BCVM22
23rd February 2011, 2:35 AM
Because continuity is clearly such a key factor in these games and we are hurting so much for lack of a timeline.

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:39 AM
I don't really care for it personally, I'm just really annoyed with people posting speculations and theories about different aspects in the game.

BCVM22
23rd February 2011, 2:41 AM
That people forget to close the latches on their mouth-gates and let their imaginations get out of the yard and run wild in the street shouldn't be a contributing factor to anything official, I would say. Inanities would run rampant even if we had an official timeline.

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:45 AM
True. It would, at least, create dividing limit for the absurd theories and questions people are asking. Ehh I try to be blind for those things. I don't want to be the reason for people's imaginations to be stagnant.

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 2:50 AM
They're completely from different regions, but I can see it. GF really needs to come out with a thorough timeline of the pokemon world to dismiss some of the long awaited answers.

Well, seeing as the first four regions are identified as a single country, it's possible.

Though I agree that a timeline really wouldn't be necessary nor helpful.

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:52 AM
Though I agree that a timeline really wouldn't be necessary nor helpful.

Yahh.............................

Ausgirl
23rd February 2011, 3:04 AM
Hmmm I wonder if Pokemon Grey will have both Black city and White Forrest?

The Oncoming Storm
23rd February 2011, 3:14 AM
I want to see a timeline as well. Just to clearafy a fwe things. But it isnt needed. Oh and bcvm22 your metaphors are quite creative.

Porygandrew
23rd February 2011, 4:05 AM

You'd probably choose, like how you'd find either latios or latias in Emerald depending on what you answer when you're asked a question.

hever
23rd February 2011, 4:28 AM

Or maybe it will include an area exclusive to Pokemon Grey?

MetalFlygon08
23rd February 2011, 5:09 AM
the Grey Subarbs

confirmed in Pokemon Gray!

R_N
23rd February 2011, 5:12 AM
Ummmmm sorry but everyone knows it will be the Brown Vatican of the Greco-Unovan Stunfisk Church in the only possible title, Pokemon Brown.

hever
23rd February 2011, 5:13 AM
Ummmmm sorry but everyone knows it will be the Brown Vatican of the Greco-Unovan Stunfisk Church in the only possible title, Pokemon Brown.

Dude... no.

The Oncoming Storm
23rd February 2011, 5:24 AM
I cant stand it any longer hever duosis looks like a pig butt when its that big

XXD17
23rd February 2011, 5:25 AM

Maybe you'll get both?

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:40 AM
I know I'm probably wrong, but does anyone else think that Deerling could be considered somewhat of a Unova equivalent to Eevee because of its mutiple forms?

Also, it's funny how pokemon such as Stunfisk & Oshawott, which started out as the most disliked ones at the time that they were first revealed, eventually become some of the more popular ones

R_N
23rd February 2011, 5:49 AM
I know I'm probably wrong, but does anyone else think that Deerling could be considered somewhat of a Unova equivalent to Eevee because of its mutiple forms?

Not even remotely at all.

Eevee evolves into a billion different Pokemon, with different types, move pools (mostly...), stats, and so on. Deerling & Sawsbuck simply change coloring/horns; purely cosmetic.
I think the closest would be Castform but even then that'd be a stretch of a comparison

hever
23rd February 2011, 5:50 AM
I cant stand it any longer hever duosis looks like a pig butt when its that big

lol I like x 12314. It's cute. You know you can't resist.

luxrayshock
23rd February 2011, 5:50 AM
[QUOTE=Mr.Munchlax;12001910]I know I'm probably wrong, but does anyone else think that Deerling could be considered somewhat of a Unova equivalent to Eevee because of its mutiple forms?

Not really, just because of the fact that eevee evolved into it's forms, where as deerling and sawsbuck just naturally change with the seasons. There is no influence by the trainer as to which form deerling is in, where as you can evolve eevee into whichever form you want.

slowpoke child
23rd February 2011, 6:09 AM
i feel pretty accomplished i fully ev trained my shiny monozu for attack and special attack in one day =D hopefully its gonna b a beest by level 100

Ophie
23rd February 2011, 9:33 AM
I'd say Shellos and Gastrodon are the closest equivalent as far as forms go. They're the only pre-5 Pokémon with multiple forms that are entirely cosmetic. Well, the only one I can think of. I guess you can count Unown too.

Of course, the difference is that Deerlign and Sawsbuck can change between forms (theoretically), whereas Shellos, Gastrodon, and Unown are stuck with the forms they had when they were born.

I had Mandibuzz planned for my team but knocked her for Archeops once I saw that her movepool was a little limited/poor.

I might just reconsider now. I love big attackers, but I also love me some bulky pokes *grins*

You can't use Mandibuzz the same way you'd use a regular Pokémon. Her Attack and Special Attack aren't good for much, and her moves reflect that. Mandibuzz wins through attrition, not offense.

Just make sure Mandibuzz gets Roost. You NEED that.

A pointer: Mandibuzz works even better if you battle using the Wonder Launcher. If you're not sure what to do during a turn but to stall out, just chuck something to heal Mandibuzz's HP.

Oh. My. God. I died a little inside.

By the way, I cannot decipher MAGICO's YouTube comments when I come across them. Even when I try to take them apart word by word, they still lack any coherency.

how do you feel about Iwaparesu (the rock crab)? I like his typing, good offensive STAB. And can take a hit. I would give it a quick claw and sped ev train it a little for the speed

I will use Crustle in my Rotation Battle team. You can see it in my signature. Sturdy is wondrous in this environment, since it means that once you bring it out, you can safely rotate it in without fear of getting knocked out. Obviously, that's not the only reason I have Crustle on here, but it's one of the benefits people rarely think about.

I'm running into this problem a lot, too. A lot of Pokemon have small movepools, or large movepools that don't contribute much of anything at all. Lilligant is an example of the former, and Swanna is an example of the latter.

I find that so weird, and very frustrating.

I also noticed Victoria's point, too. Beyond a small core of Pokemon that benefited from the 5th Gen, there are a lot of Pokemon that are largely untouched/unimproved from the 4th Gen. Torterra, for instance, is exactly the same, except with Grass Oath, Level Ground, Wide Guard, and Round. Grass Oath and Level Ground are useless on physical-based Torterra, who can learn physical Grass-type moves and Earthquake. Wide Guard and Round are useful, but are both only viable in Double/Triple Battles.

You pretty much answered your own dilemma here: Game Freak wants you to diversify a bit. This particular batch seems to have specialists for each battling format. For instance, single battles have Zoroark, double battles get Klinklang, triple battles get Gothitelle (Dream World), and rotation battles get Golurk. They've designed these guys and their moves, previous generation additions included, holistically. From what I get, for instance, they want people to use Torterra in triple battles.

That is, the fact is that some Pokémon were not optimized for single battles.

(Lilligant seems great for double battles--in fact, Japanese battlers use her quite a bit for double battling. With moves like Brine, Me First, and Tailwind, Swanna seems meant for triple battles.)

It can't actually have an answer as there are so many determinants of 'best Pokemon to use competitively'.
There are Physical and Special Sweepers, Walls, Tanks, Clerics, et cetera, et cetera. So many different roles, no one Pokemon which is the best.

We do have finite "most used" answers though, whch are Jellicent and Ferrothorn. So if you're building a team, be prepared to encounter those two.

And ironically, that was one of the things that got Generation 4 *****ed at.

It really fascinates me reading about how these Pokemon were designed and what their inspirations were. It just shows to me how much work and dedication they put into it. And man, somebody should give that Newbie a raise.

I am curious, though. If Haxorus was supposedly the first 5th Generation Pokemon to be finished, I wonder what the last one was?

If I recall, James Turner was the last of the designers to contribute Pokémon. So the last one made would be either Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Golurk, or Mandibuzz. My best bet is Vanilluxe, since Golett and Vullaby were already designed; he was told to go make a three-stage Ice-type evolutionary line as they needed more Ice-types.

Larvesta & Volcorona seem like interesting Pokemon to me now. I had no idea that the red parts of Larvesta were based off the Tower of the Sun. I've actually seen that sculpture in pictures before, but I never connected it with Larvesta. I also liked the bit that talked about how Volcorona originally had 4 wings and how the black spots on its wings are based on sun spots. Without these tidbits, I seriously never would have guessed what they put into these Pokemon.

I hadn't heard of the Tower of the Sun until now. I take it this is a local landmark in Japan, huh? Kind of like the Watts Towers being a local landmark of Los Angeles. That thing is huge! It must have taken a lot of time and money to build it.

Also kind of reminds me of the Sun God in San Diego. That's another local landmark, I suppose.

I don't know how easy it is to obtain a Lucky Egg in Black and White, but in Diamond and Pearl, I would sometimes get a Chansey chain using the PokéRadar, with a knocked-out Pokémon with CompoundEyes in front, and a Banette with Frisk and Trick in the second spot. About 10% of Chanseys have Lucky Eggs done this way. I got 4 Lucky Eggs in one day through this.

CaptainCombusken
23rd February 2011, 11:16 AM
Isn't Beheeyem a triple battle master too? His abilities are really useful. He has telepathy and analyse as potentially awesome triple battle abilities. I mean, One of my triple battle teams consists of Beheeyem, Goluk and Galvantula/Emolga (probably Emolga actually).
Golurk uses Earthquake in the middle which can in theory tear open the opponent's team, and if Emolga was in the middle and used discharge, the same thing could happen. In both these cases neither teammates can get hurt.

Beheeyem can also learn moves that are most useful in doubles/triples. He can learn Reflect, Heal Block, Imprison, Guard Share, Power share, Psych Up (for copying teammates' high stats or opponents), Wonder Room, Telekinesis, Trick Room, Guard Swap, Power Swap, Skill Swap. That's a hell of a useful Pokemon is Triples and Doubles.

Emolga, come to think of it, also seems to be quite Triple battle based. A Little anyway. It can learn Acrobatics, Discharge, Light Screen and various status lowering moves that could in theory be useful. It can also learn some good attacking moves useful outside of Triples too.

Ophie
23rd February 2011, 12:39 PM
Yep, Beheeyem seems to be a great example of a Pokémon designed for something other than single battles. In fact, it seems like it was designed with every format in mind except single battles.

LeviNifty
23rd February 2011, 2:43 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/032/c/5/garbodor_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38kw2l.gif

Looks like Garbodor is going to be in UU thanks to its lacklustre stats. Although its Defenses and Attack arent bad but I think it will be limited to being a spikes and toxic spikes user since it can take a few hits before being switched

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 3:59 PM
Not even remotely at all.

Eevee evolves into a billion different Pokemon, with different types, move pools (mostly...), stats, and so on. Deerling & Sawsbuck simply change coloring/horns; purely cosmetic.
I think the closest would be Castform but even then that'd be a stretch of a comparison

Not really, just because of the fact that eevee evolved into it's forms, where as deerling and sawsbuck just naturally change with the seasons. There is no influence by the trainer as to which form deerling is in, where as you can evolve eevee into whichever form you want.

I'd say Shellos and Gastrodon are the closest equivalent as far as forms go. They're the only pre-5 Pokémon with multiple forms that are entirely cosmetic. Well, the only one I can think of. I guess you can count Unown too.

Of course, the difference is that Deerlign and Sawsbuck can change between forms (theoretically), whereas Shellos, Gastrodon, and Unown are stuck with the forms they had when they were born.

Ok, I even admitted I was probably wrong, but I just thought of something else. Despite the fact that they evolve, could the Braviary & Mandibuzz lines be similar to the Tauros and Miltank lines since they're 100% of a certain gender, they're considered counterparts, & they can't lay eggs of each other?

Ohshi
23rd February 2011, 4:32 PM
Ok, I even admitted I was probably wrong, but I just thought of something else. Despite the fact that they evolve, could the Braviary & Mandibuzz lines are similar to the Tauros and Miltank lines since they're 100% of a certain gender, they're considered counterparts, & they can't lay eggs of each other?

Hmm... Maybe. Wow, never realized that until you posted that.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 4:38 PM
I don't know how easy it is to obtain a Lucky Egg in Black and White, but in Diamond and Pearl, I would sometimes get a Chansey chain using the PokéRadar, with a knocked-out Pokémon with CompoundEyes in front, and a Banette with Frisk and Trick in the second spot. About 10% of Chanseys have Lucky Eggs done this way. I got 4 Lucky Eggs in one day through this.

They straight up cut the middle-womanegg and give you a LUcky Egg

It's very nice

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 4:41 PM
Ahh, I'm glad to hear Crustle is useful in rotation battles... Do you use a Shell Break set with it, Ophie?

Ekul the Sarcastic
23rd February 2011, 4:49 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/032/c/5/garbodor_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38kw2l.gif

Looks like Garbodor is going to be in UU thanks to its lacklustre stats. Although its Defenses and Attack arent bad but I think it will be limited to being a spikes and toxic spikes user since it can take a few hits before being switched

It has Toxic Spikes and Spikes, but I can't imagine it even getting as far as UU- those truly are horrid stats. 80/82/82 defences, a tepid 75 base speed, and only 95 base attack (and he only gets STAB on poison and has a bad offensive movepool)... his only use seems to be hazards and absorbing Toxic Spikes, but why anyone would use him over Roserade, Nidoqueen or Drapion (all fairly likely to be UU this gen) is anyone's guess. He's not even especially cute (Trubbish is adorable though).

SasakiThePikachu
23rd February 2011, 5:14 PM
Is it just me or is Black more 'feminine' while White is more 'masculine'? Looking at the game-specific pokemon:

Black has Gothitelle, mostly female, and Mandibuzz, 100% female
White has Reuniclus, mostly male, and Braviary, 100% male

Just a theory.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 5:19 PM
Is it just me or is Black more 'feminine' while White is more 'masculine'? Looking at the game-specific pokemon:

Just a theory.

Reshiram was also designed to be more lady-like
Reuniclus is 50/50, by the way

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 5:20 PM
Reshiram is also feminine, and Zekrom is masculine.

It isn't a theory, as yin and yang, black and white, female and male are opposites. These games are based on opposites, and I'm glad to see that goes for the version specific Pokemon as well.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:21 PM

Just a theory.

You're right, but that's because Black's mascot is Reshiram, which is supposed to have a lady-like look, and White's mascot is Zekrom, which is supposed to have a manly look

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 5:22 PM
Reshiram, which is supposed to have a lady-like look

...Nah, too easy.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:23 PM

...Nah, too easy.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reshiram#Origin

Read the origin section

R_N
23rd February 2011, 5:24 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reshiram#Origin

Read the origin section

He was talking about the fluff on Reshiram's crotch

because guy parts lolololol

iLoveDratinis
23rd February 2011, 5:25 PM
and thats why liligant is in white. yay.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:31 PM
and thats why liligant is in white. yay.

Although it doesn't explain why Drayden's the gym leader in Black and Iris is the gym leader in white, as well as the Black City and the White Forest. Wouldn't they all be vice-versa?

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 5:32 PM
Opposites of opposites of opposites of opposites...

kemal07
23rd February 2011, 6:21 PM
Can the 3rd versions maybe be something based around, biased-in-between, unbalanced?

iLoveDratinis
23rd February 2011, 6:23 PM
i guess, but not since they arent.

The Eleventh
23rd February 2011, 6:25 PM

That's what I did to get Lucky Eggs. It was the easiest thing to do. (Although I used a Stantler with Frisk and caught the Chanseys instead.)

Despite the fact that they evolve, could the Braviary & Mandibuzz lines be similar to the Tauros and Miltank lines since they're 100% of a certain gender, they're considered counterparts, & they can't lay eggs of each other?

Yes, they are similar to Tauros and Miltank. They're Generation V's Tauros/Miltank.

kemal07
i guess, but not since they arent.

Yeah I know, its just that we was talking about balance etc about the Black and White games I just wondered for a second what the subject could have been for a possible 3rd version.

LexSuicune
Opposites of opposites of opposites of opposites...

Inception...

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 6:35 PM
Yes, they are similar to Tauros and Miltank. They're Generation V's Tauros/Miltank.

No, they're rather just male and female Pokemon counterpart thingy's.

Bouffalant is this gen's Tauros.

The Eleventh
23rd February 2011, 6:54 PM
No, they're rather just male and female Pokemon counterpart thingy's.

Bouffalant is this gen's Tauros.

Then where's this Gen's Miltank? ;)

We will have a Miltank copy in Gen VI, because Miltank was introduced in Gen II, not Gen I - one Generation later than Tauros.

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 7:07 PM
Although it doesn't explain why Drayden's the gym leader in Black and Iris is the gym leader in white.

I think, that's another counterpart-thingie.
In Black, the city is quite new-looking and Shaga is old.
In White, the city looks very old and Iris is quite young.

Mario with Lasers
23rd February 2011, 8:01 PM

Garbodor is going to be bottom NU. UU will have monsters like Lucario, Metagross, Swampert and - who knows - Salamence, don't even bother hoping Garbodor will be usable in a metagame like that. And Roserade is still better than it.

kemal07
23rd February 2011, 8:06 PM
I think, that's another counterpart-thingie.
In Black, the city is quite new-looking and Shaga is old.
In White, the city looks very old and Iris is quite young.

Thats quite clever, I never thought of that.

kaiser soze
23rd February 2011, 8:12 PM
its going to take me a while to find which pokemon are good for different battling situations. it will be helpful when the fansites update their competitive dexes.

also the new tm dynamic is going to have a huge effect for in-game teams. you can swap moves to vary your situation. Like for my samurott, I will probably have surf, revenge, and megahorn as base moves and rotate the last spot for the situation. at the last gym I can use dragontail, when facing a legendary I can learn false swipe so I don't faint it, or swords dance for competition

UnovaSwampert
23rd February 2011, 8:21 PM
Zekrom is the next uber Pokemon.

Aurath8
23rd February 2011, 8:40 PM
its going to take me a while to find which pokemon are good for different battling situations. it will be helpful when the fansites update their competitive dexes.

also the new tm dynamic is going to have a huge effect for in-game teams. you can swap moves to vary your situation. Like for my samurott, I will probably have surf, revenge, and megahorn as base moves and rotate the last spot for the situation. at the last gym I can use dragontail, when facing a legendary I can learn false swipe so I don't faint it, or swords dance for competition

You win the TM for Dragon Tail at the last gym. you can trade to a different game, learn the TM there and trade back though.

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 9:31 PM
Then where's this Gen's Miltank? ;)

We will have a Miltank copy in Gen VI, because Miltank was introduced in Gen II, not Gen I - one Generation later than Tauros.

Because absolutely every Pokemon needs a counterpart in these games.

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 9:34 PM
What are Ferroseed and Ferrothorn based off of?

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 9:39 PM
Ferroseed is based on a bur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bur). Ferrothorn is probably a combination of a bur and a stinging nettle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinging_nettle), or any other manner of spiny plants/fruits/seeds.

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 9:42 PM
Ferroseed is based on a bur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bur). Ferrothorn is probably a combination of a bur and a stinging nettle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinging_nettle), or any other manner of spiny plants/fruits/seeds.

Oh ok, that is very cool! That is a very interesting plant to base a Pokemon on. I remember getting those stuck on my clothes all the time.

Dracoste
23rd February 2011, 10:15 PM

Ah, I remember those, when I was younger there we're bushes with those close to the school, kids always threw them at eachother, so that they would get stuck on someonse clothes. Now we can throw Ferroseed instead!

LeviNifty
23rd February 2011, 10:20 PM
Just red about this guy http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/a/8/tynamo_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p06u.gif

I find it shocking (No pun intended) it only has 4 moves, rubbish stats, no tms and your stuck with it till lvl 39, although however it has no weakness when it does eventually evolve it becomes decent

R_N
23rd February 2011, 10:28 PM
Just red about this guy http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/a/8/tynamo_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p06u.gif

I find it shocking (No pun intended) it only has 4 moves, rubbish stats, no tms and your stuck with it till lvl 39, although however it has no weakness when it does eventually evolve it becomes decent

Yeah, it's kind of like Magikarp in a way.
First stage is a real pain to get through, but the second stage is pretty great.

And the 3rd stage is better, though has just as limited a level up pool

CaptainCombusken
23rd February 2011, 10:42 PM
As soon as he evolves though, if you have a few heart scales you can get some useful move plus he's pretty strong.
But yeah, I'm surprised too. He only really has Spark and Tackle until level 39... wow.

Nacreous
23rd February 2011, 10:45 PM
That's what I like about the Unova pkmn...they evolve at very high levels.It gives you time to get bored of a certain stage

The Eleventh
23rd February 2011, 11:34 PM
I like that some Pokémon evolve at high levels, it gives a challenge and a better reward for your hard work.

LeviNifty
23rd February 2011, 11:42 PM
I like that some Pokémon evolve at high levels, it gives a challenge and a better reward for your hard work.

I agree with this however I still think it should be able to learn more then 4 moves in 39 levels =p

The Oncoming Storm
23rd February 2011, 11:46 PM
Some lvls are redic like rufflet its a baby for half its life
Or larvesta. Im getting a eelektross on black so I guess im effed.

smashbro77
23rd February 2011, 11:51 PM
i personally hate the level ups there so freakin high its ridiculous i mean for maybe one or two its all right but theres so many that take so long to evolve
but other than that pretty much all the pokemon are cool

R_N
23rd February 2011, 11:52 PM
I get the feeling the levels were done like this so you were forced to use previous stages for a longer period.

Bulbatordile
24th February 2011, 12:44 AM
I've come round to the idea of pokemon evolving at higher levels.

Once you get to the middle part of the (previous) games and beyond you find that any pokemon you add to your team start to evolve quickly. So you often find you don't get the chance to properly use/appreciate the lower forms.

LeviNifty
24th February 2011, 12:58 AM
Any comments on this one?

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/238/0/3/Musharna_sprite_by_lalathekoala.png

I think it has some pretty good stats with high hp and spec attack and also decent defenses but its speed is very low. I don't know if any other pokemon has this attack but assist power looks like an interesting move with raising your stats meaning more power.

Grei
24th February 2011, 1:09 AM

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/238/0/3/Musharna_sprite_by_lalathekoala.png

I think it has some pretty good stats with high hp and spec attack and also decent defenses but its speed is very low. I don't know if any other pokemon has this attack but assist power looks like an interesting move with raising your stats meaning more power.

Is that a fan-sprite? EDIT: Should have looked at the URL. It is indeed. :P

I love Musharna, but I find it inferior to Reuniclus, so I won't be using it once I can get my hands on a Solosis.

LeviNifty
24th February 2011, 1:18 AM
Is that a fan-sprite? EDIT: Should have looked at the URL. It is indeed. :P

I love Musharna, but I find it inferior to Reuniclus, so I won't be using it once I can get my hands on a Solosis.

Ah Whopps sorry about that =p but yeah i kind of agree there are better psychic types in 5th gen but Musharna is a good contender

kaiser soze
24th February 2011, 1:28 AM
You win the TM for Dragon Tail at the last gym. you can trade to a different game, learn the TM there and trade back though.

oops my bad. but my point still stands. switching moves around for an advantage with tms is going to become big while going through games

UnovaSwampert
24th February 2011, 1:48 AM
There are horrid Electric types in this game.

BW202
24th February 2011, 2:03 AM

Really? The only one I dislike is the Eelektross(sp?) line, kinda dislike Voltolos. Zebstrika, Zekrom and Emolga are awesome. Galvantula's typing and design are pretty cool. Stunfisk=Pure godliness. There's really not that many, but which ones do you not like cause I'm not seeing it?

tmega90
24th February 2011, 2:27 AM
I like how some Pokemon evolve at higher levels. It is very cool. It makes it so it is a better reward once they do finally evolve. You can be really proud of you and your Pokemon.

Miss Alexis
24th February 2011, 2:45 AM
its pretty cool how they are making pokemon evolve at higher levels

Tyrannotaur
24th February 2011, 2:56 AM
I agree with this however I still think it should be able to learn more then 4 moves in 39 levels =p
You never raised Metagross have you? Beldum (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/374.shtml) is similar to this, although I agree level 39 is a bit high. If they lowered it 9 levels it would be alot better, but considering you find them in the wild at level 27 it's not so bad. It's only a problem if you breed one.

I get the feeling the levels were done like this so you were forced to use previous stages for a longer period.
I agree. This is especially true for the regional bugs of this gen. How long does anyone use Caterpie? For like 2 hours maybe if you are raising one. Gives them more of a point I think.

Musharna is an interesting pokemon. It seems like one of those pokemon that will have alot of different options.

Thats fine if that's your opinion, but what makes them horrid? Personally I happen to love most of the electric types this gen.
Zebstrika offers a counterpart to Rapidash and is a Zebra. He also learns some very interesting moves like Flame Charge, which aides in type coverage.
Galvantula is a awesome spider, has a unique attack and is all around pretty cool looking.
Eelektross is just plain awesome, and has no weakness unless you get through its ability.
Stunfisk isn't one of my favorites, but if people can find a use for it I'm sure it will be good.
Emolga is awesome looking and actually a nice way to get Zapdos' resistances without having to use a legendary (helpful if you are playing someone who is dead set against using legendaries for instance).
And Zekrom of course has an awesome design and is one of the cooler looking legendaries since Dialga.
I don't see how they are "Horrid". Of course thats your opinion and I'll respect your right to say it, I'm just curious as to what makes you think so.
-;248;

Angry Ancestor
24th February 2011, 3:06 AM
I like the higher level requirements for evolution this gen. Of course, Rufflet might be a bit too late as with Larvesta, but the idea is still pretty cool. It gives you some challenge.

Ophie
24th February 2011, 3:07 AM
They straight up cut the middle-womanegg and give you a LUcky Egg

It's very nice

But what if I want more than one? Like, say, for in-game double and triple battling? I'm sure most people are satisfied with just one though. It suits most of my needs anyway.

Ahh, I'm glad to hear Crustle is useful in rotation battles... Do you use a Shell Break set with it, Ophie?

Yeah, Shell Break will be on this one. His name will be Hawthorne, named after the character in Sherman's Lagoon.

It has Toxic Spikes and Spikes, but I can't imagine it even getting as far as UU- those truly are horrid stats. 80/82/82 defences, a tepid 75 base speed, and only 95 base attack (and he only gets STAB on poison and has a bad offensive movepool)... his only use seems to be hazards and absorbing Toxic Spikes, but why anyone would use him over Roserade, Nidoqueen or Drapion (all fairly likely to be UU this gen) is anyone's guess. He's not even especially cute (Trubbish is adorable though).

That actually makes me want to use one. (Actually, I think I threw out some ideas of how it can be effectively used in non-singles environments.)

Grei
24th February 2011, 3:24 AM
Ah Whopps sorry about that =p but yeah i kind of agree there are better psychic types in 5th gen but Musharna is a good contender

Oh, it's no problem. I was just curious before. :P

I'm planning on using Musharna for as long as possible (like I said, until I get Solosis). I only wish Musharna would get something to deal with its weaknesses. It can really only deal with one of them.

Hardly. Sure, none of them stand out as insta-OU, but that still doesn't mean they're all bad. Zebstrika's got nice attack which makes it a definite powerhouse in-game. With Compoundeyes, Galvantula can hit with near-accurate Thunders, making it invaluable. Eelektross has no weaknesses--it can deal out the electric hurt without needing to worry about Earthquakes.
All the others are still pretty good, though I've heard that Stunfisk and Emolga are only mediocre.

Mario with Lasers
24th February 2011, 3:29 AM
I like the higher level requirements for evolution this gen. Of course, Rufflet might be a bit too late as with Larvesta, but the idea is still pretty cool. It gives you some challenge.

Larvesta is the worst offender, as you get it as an Egg, after the sixth Gym, using an HM to get there, evolve it at lv59, five levels higher than the strongest trainer Pokémon before the E4 and then, after the E4, you can find a lv70 wild Volcarona in a certain dungeon.

Really, Larvesta must be the coolest (and cutest at the same time) first-stage pokémon of the entire series, but... it's not worth the effort, in my opinion. Now if it evolved at level 4x...

vikingsteve
24th February 2011, 4:33 AM
Personally, I haven't seen a good Electric type post-R/B/Y other than Electivire. No speedy special haymakers.

To me, high/ultra high speed is a necessity with Electric types. I mean, they use electricity for God's sake. It stands to reason that they MUST be quick...

kemal07
24th February 2011, 4:40 AM
I love Eelektross and he is going to be a member of my team in White, but now I've lost my confidence lool

vikingsteve
24th February 2011, 4:44 AM
I suppose you could give Eelektross Thunder Wave to compensate for his slow speed. Moreover, why isn't Eelektross Electric/Water?

Maverik
I love Eelektross and he is going to be a member of my team in White, but now I've lost my confidence lool

If you're going to use it in-game you should, pick your favorites. I'm not sure how Eelektross looks in the competitive scene but in-game shouldn't be that difficult and you can get by.

R_N
But what if I want more than one? Like, say, for in-game double and triple battling? I'm sure most people are satisfied with just one though. It suits most of my needs anyway.

Oh
Either use pick up (Level 41 - 60) or hunt Happiny (White Forest only; and Theif/Covet were changed so you don't keep the item you steal so you have to catch it)

BW202
24th February 2011, 4:52 AM
Personally, I haven't seen a good Electric type post-R/B/Y other than Electivire. No speedy special haymakers.

To me, high/ultra high speed is a necessity with Electric types. I mean, they use electricity for God's sake. It stands to reason that they MUST be quick...

We're talking design-wise, not competitive-wise.

Shine
24th February 2011, 5:16 AM
Oh
Either use pick up (Level 41 - 60) or hunt Happiny (White Forest only; and Theif/Covet were changed so you don't keep the item you steal so you have to catch it)

or soft reset at Route 13 NPC that gives you random hold item for free once per day :p

vikingsteve
24th February 2011, 5:28 AM
We're talking design-wise, not competitive-wise.

ohh... my bad

XDLugia
24th February 2011, 5:43 AM

I especially like the Deino to Zwelious level gap. Lol. It honestly seems UNESSACARY... But I feel like people are going to have a lot of satisfaction when they get to Hydreigon.

Most. Interesting. Psuedo-Legend. Ever.

(Obvious Hydeigon fan is obvious.... I know.)

R_N
24th February 2011, 5:48 AM
I especially like the Deino to Zwelious level gap. Lol. It honestly seems UNESSACARY... But I feel like people are going to have a lot of satisfaction when they get to Hydreigon.

And, really, it's no different than using a Dratini in HGSS.

I didn't get the thing to a Dragonite until just before Blue

Cobalt_Latios
24th February 2011, 5:54 AM

I still prefer Haxorus, but Hydreigon's design is pretty neat too. I'll probably end up training one in post E4/N's Castle.

Also, I know it may not "look" the best to some, but I still think Scrafty is one heck of a diverse Pokemon. Who thinks so?

/CL

R_N
24th February 2011, 5:57 AM
Scrafty is an amazing Pokemon, from what I've been hearing.

Sapphire Kirby
24th February 2011, 5:57 AM
Oh

I thought that was only for trainer battles. It'd be stupid of Gamefreak to make it useless.

I personally believe there should be a midform between Larvesta and Volcana: 59 levels without evolving is a bit long, isn't it? The Psudo-legendaries don't reach their final form until the 50's but they at least have a midform to gain more power and moves.

XDLugia
24th February 2011, 5:58 AM
And, really, it's no different than using a Dratini in HGSS.

I didn't get the thing to a Dragonite until just before Blue

Well yes. Lol. The final result is obtained around the same level.

But in the case of Hydreigon compared to Dragonite's evolution steps, it's like having Dratini stay as Dratini for about twenty more levels than it has to before turning into Dragonair.

@Cobalt_Latios:

Scrafty is about as "crafty" as Pokemon design can get. Lol.

BCVM22
24th February 2011, 6:00 AM
Could it be they did that intentionally, to make raising Larvesta to Volcarona an extended and at times difficult but ultimately rewarding endeavor?

kemal07
24th February 2011, 6:03 AM

Yeh it is quite a gap actually just noticed now. I'm saving Hydreigon for my third versions :) Saved me mini-legend Volcarona for White and the other dragon Haxorus for Black.

Having said that made me think actually. Since it's a large gap legendwise the makers could have actually made Deino appear a bit earlier in the game.

Cobalt_Latios
24th February 2011, 6:04 AM
Scrafty is an amazing Pokemon, from what I've been hearing.
It is. First off, it's typing is amazing (Fighting/Dark), it has ridiculous defensive stats (both Defense and Sp. Defense are 115). It has one of the best movepool's of any Unova Pokemon (this guy get's just about everything, and can get Dragon Dance as an Egg Move, along with all three elemental punches, Counter, has enough TM diversity to make it a threat to just about anything, and has access to some of the strongest Fighting type moves in the game).

And it gets Shed Skin as one of it's abilities.

It's only drawback? Poor Speed.

In short, that lizard is going on my team. Heck, I could potentially take down Getchsis' entire team with this thing along with the E4 (except perhaps Marshal).

edit: What I mean by, "it gets everything" is to say that it gets attacks of just about every typing at it's disposal.

/CL

R_N
24th February 2011, 6:05 AM
I thought that was only for trainer battles. It'd be stupid of Gamefreak to make it useless.

I keep asking and no one seems willing to confirm!

XDLugia
24th February 2011, 6:08 AM
Yeh it is quite a gap actually just noticed now. I'm saving Hydreigon for my third versions :) Saved me mini-legend Volcarona for White and the other dragon Haxorus for Black.

Having said that made me think actually. Since it's a large gap legendwise the makers could have actually made Deino appear a bit earlier in the game.

I thought so too, Victory Road is RIGHT before E4... No one is getting a Hudreigon in time for it. Lol.

Sapphire Kirby
24th February 2011, 6:09 AM
Could it be they did that intentionally, to make raising Larvesta to Volcarona an extended and at times difficult but ultimately rewarding endeavor?

True, but does that mean the level 70 Volcarona is for the players who are too impatient to raise its base form?

I keep asking and no one seems willing to confirm!

According to Bulbapedia, theif now returns an enemy trainer's items at the end of battle, which explains why Cheren gives his Pokemon items for every battle.

R_N
24th February 2011, 6:11 AM
True, but does that mean the level 70 Volcarona is for the players who are too impatient to raise its base form?

Probably, though it also means they miss out on a few moves. But it also gives an extra little sidequest and some flavor the area it's found in, so that's a plus.

Ophie
24th February 2011, 6:55 AM
Oh

Oh, good. I have 5 Pokémon with Pickup in that level range. I'll get more, sooner or later then.

Chibi_Muffin
24th February 2011, 10:00 AM
I'm going to catch the level 70 Volcarona and stuff my Deino in the Daycare 'til she's level 62. XD I don't like training solely to evolve, and some of the levels this gen are ridiculous. Most evolve in the 30s - 50s. I know I wanted a useable cocoon this gen, but level 20?

CaptainCombusken
24th February 2011, 10:33 AM
Also, I know it may not "look" the best to some, but I still think Scrafty is one heck of a diverse Pokemon. Who thinks so?

I disagree; I think he definitely looks great. He looks so cool.
And he's strong. And a Fighting type.

I love Scarfty. Nuff said.

wearjo
24th February 2011, 12:05 PM
Woot!!! 2 weeks for australia :d

SasakiThePikachu
24th February 2011, 12:30 PM
I thought so too, Victory Road is RIGHT before E4... No one is getting a Hudreigon in time for it. Lol.

But that's why they put Deino where they did - they're trying to make it easy on us by making the wild Deino at the highest level possible, so that the mimimum amount of training is involved. Can you imagine if you could catch Deino too early on? They'd be at baby levels and you'd have about over 60 levels to train them...urk...

I, however, will be getting a Deino egg right after the first gym and raising it as part of my team up to a Hydreigon through sheer willpower. Squee for doing things the hard and bloody awkward way!!!

Aurath8
24th February 2011, 2:17 PM
Raising Deino isn't all too hard when you have the godliness of Hustle as an ability. 1.5x attack for 80% accuracy? HYES! I'm glad pokemon with competent attack stats got Hustle. The best though, is Durant. He already has Base 110 attack. After Hone Claws he will be hitting hard with 2.25x attack and IronHead/X-scissor/100% accuracy Rock Slide.

Mr.Munchlax
24th February 2011, 2:41 PM
]I agree. This is especially true for the regional bugs of this gen. How long does anyone use Caterpie? For like 2 hours maybe if you are raising one. Gives them more of a point I think.

That's why I'm planning on keeping Watchog on my Black team the whole way through, & only as my main rotator if I want to strengthen my reserves or if I need them to use an HM move

I find it shocking (No pun intended) it only has 4 moves, rubbish stats, no tms and your stuck with it till lvl 39, although however it has no weakness when it does eventually evolve it becomes decentYeah, it's kind of like Magikarp in a way.
First stage is a real pain to get through, but the second stage is pretty great.

I also see Tynamo's evolution similar to Elekid's after they added Electivire; plus, I've always wanted to try a pokemon that could learn Zap Cannon naturally. And for the record, since I was the one who posted the whole Braviary/Mandibuzz-Tauros/Miltank question a few posts back, I'm not trying to find an equivalent for every single Unova pokemon, it's just that I wanted to catch pokemon that I personally considered equivalents to the ones I caught in Soul Silver & I wanted to know others' opinions

Mario with Lasers
24th February 2011, 3:16 PM
Probably, though it also means they miss out on a few moves. But it also gives an extra little sidequest and some flavor the area it's found in, so that's a plus.

All of Larvesta's exclusive moves are physical (or Amnesia lol), Volcarona has no need for them.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
24th February 2011, 3:56 PM
So.. i think me and other pokemon people who read this are questioning this...According to the discussion above whats better? Larvesta training up to lv 59 or catching volcarona lv 70 ( which is found after the national pokedex ) as im gonna use Volcarona on my in-game team.

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 4:06 PM
So.. i think me and other pokemon people who read this are questioning this...According to the discussion above whats better? Larvesta training up to lv 59 or catching volcarona lv 70 ( which is found after the national pokedex ) as im gonna use Volcarona on my in-game team.

Well, Larvesta gets totally different moves than Volcarona, so if you want some of Larvesta's moves in your Volcarona's moveset then it's beter to train your Larvesta from the egg. I'm also getting the Larvesta egg, hatch it, show it to the Pokémon fanclub, train it towards lvl. 100 and get the King's rock.

I actually like this side quest, it rewards players who hatched a pokémon from an egg and trained it towards lvl. 100

LeviNifty
24th February 2011, 4:15 PM
Any thoughts on this one?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/1/b/cryogonal_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p1ke.gif

Ability: Levitate
Hp: 70
Attack: 50
Defense:30
Spec Attack: 95
Spec Defense: 135
Speed: 105

Havn't seen anyone mention it =p It has quite a unique design to say the least =p. Also has great spec def and speed and above average spec attack and its learn solid moves although its defense is very weak and has quite a few weaknesses.

MetalFlygon08
24th February 2011, 4:16 PM
On the topic of Scrafty, Marshal should've gotten one in his team, and the dark guy could've put a Mindibuzz in the spot his Scrafty used to be.

BW202
24th February 2011, 4:21 PM

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/1/b/cryogonal_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p1ke.gif

Havn't seen anyone mention it =p It has quite a unique design to say the least =p. Also has great spec def and speed and above average spec attack and its learn solid moves although its defense is very weak and has quite a few weaknesses.

Iirc he is supposedly a great speedy Dragon killer. Tbh, I don't really like his look, too obscure. At least he has moustache XD.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:21 PM

Oh, I actually thought about putting this guy into my in-game team. But I heard he's pretty rare... plus I don't know where to catch him.

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 4:25 PM
Oh, I actually thought about putting this guy into my in-game team. But I heard he's pretty rare... plus I don't know where to catch him.

Twist mountain.....he got 1% on showing....5% in the winter-_-' That is indeed a rare Pokémon.

LeviNifty
24th February 2011, 4:27 PM

Its found in Twist Mountain on Route 7 and your right 1% on every floor and 5% in winter talk about rare =/

edit: you got there faster Dracoste =p

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:29 PM
Its found in Twist Mountain on Route 7 and your right 1% on every floor and 5% on the top talk about rare =/

Oh... my... god... 1%/5%? This kinda reminds me of Chimecho.

I'll try to get him anyways. I simply need a Dragon/Ice Pokémon.
That Vanilluxe isn't all too good, I think.
With Haxorus it's too easy :D I still like him though.
And Druddigon simply is too slow...

BW202
24th February 2011, 4:31 PM
Oh... my... god... 1%/5%? This kinda reminds me of Chimecho.

I remember finding a Chimecho when I first got to the top of Mt. Pyre, I had no clue that existed. I was like, "WTF is that? DO WANT." XD

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:35 PM
I remember finding a Chimecho when I first got to the top of Mt. Pyre, I had no clue that existed. I was like, "WTF is that? DO WANT." XD

It took me 3 hours to find one. And then... the most unfortunate thing happens... I didn't choose False Swipe but some other attack which was a Critical Hit and thus a one-hit K.O....

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 4:35 PM
Hopefully if you finnaly find a Cryogonal, you don't KO it.

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of Chimecho, the difference is that Cryogonal has better stats(Except for def.) and Brycen has one, so you can see one without finding one in the wild.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
24th February 2011, 4:38 PM
Twist mountain.....he got 1% on showing....5% in the winter-_-' That is indeed a rare Pokémon.
Wow Holy cow 0_o thanks for the message in case.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:39 PM
Hopefully if you finnaly find a Cryogonal, you don't KO it.

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of Chimecho, the difference is that Cryogonal has better stats(Except for def.) and Brycen has one, so you can see one without finding one in the wild.

Well, I think the low defence stat is the most unfortunate about that thing. Most of its weaknesses have physical attacks (except for some Fire and Steel Attacks).

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
24th February 2011, 4:41 PM
I was also searching for a chimecho on my emerald on that ghost mountain where on top 2 old people were standing. Finnaly got my chimecho and guess what when i left found another one.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:43 PM
Off (chimecho-)topic.

I haven't heard anyone talking about the Gear-Pokémon? I actually think they're quite cool, because I like Steel Pokémon, but I'm not sure if I should put one of these in my team...

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 4:47 PM
I also like the Klink line, especially the concept: from simple two cogs to a coplexs mechanism, however, it's move pool is a bit...off. It has an high attack, but most of the moves it learns are Sp. attacks.

UnovaSwampert
24th February 2011, 4:48 PM
Off (chimecho-)topic.

I haven't heard anyone talking about the Gear-Pokémon? I actually think they're quite cool, because I like Steel Pokémon, but I'm not sure if I should put one of these in my team...

Klink looks like Bronzor. It looks fine.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:48 PM
I think it's like the Unova-Version of Magneton, (yay ^_^) because as far as I know it learns Steel and Electric-Type Attacks... which is kinda cool... in some way.

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 4:55 PM
I think it's like the Unova-Version of Magneton, (yay ^_^) because as far as I know it learns Steel and Electric-Type Attacks... which is kinda cool... in some way.

It IS the Unova Magneton

Klink, Klang, Klinklang
Sugimori says '[It has/They have a] good face.'
It follows the same concept as that behind Magneton, Eggsecute and Dugtrio

Xman96
24th February 2011, 4:57 PM
Too bad that Klinklang can't make very good use of his Attack stat, as others have said. Gear saucer is a fine move, but other than that he really doesn't have much.

Blazios
24th February 2011, 4:59 PM
I'm planning on using a Klink on my first team. Yes, its movepool is bad but with Gear Saucer and Return (and I suppose Rock Smash if I'm desparate...) and Gear Change, which is essentially Dragon Dance with more Speed, it shouldn't do too badly.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 4:59 PM
It IS the Unova Magneton

Then I won't possibly put it into my team, I'll DEFINITELY put it into my team.

BW202
24th February 2011, 5:10 PM
I really like the idea of Klink going from a simple part to a complex machine.

What are you guys' opinion on the Tynamo line? I haven't really warmed up to it. I like Tynamo, but I don't really like Eelektric and Eelektross. Not sure what it is, I think I would've liked them better if they kept white coloring instead of changing to greenish brown. It's really the only Electric I dislike this gen.

Dr. Leggs
24th February 2011, 5:12 PM
I'll definitely be using Klinklang at some point... took me a while to get used to their designs but I've ended up loving that family. Charming li'l buggers, they are. :3

I feel like Cryogonal would thrive in rotation battles along with Crustle, as prediction seems key to exploiting its strengths.

I'm loving the Tynamo line, honestly. The colouring is a bit weird, granted, but I really like the way the latter two look. Eelektross manages to look goofy and cool at the same time with his fin-feet appendages. Galvantula and Eelektross are easily my favourite Electric-types this generation.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 5:27 PM
I still got one Problem - I want a Ground or Rock Type in my team.

There are three options for me:
-Krookodile
-Excadrill
-Gigalith

The Eleventh
24th February 2011, 5:30 PM
I really like the idea of Klink going from a simple part to a complex machine.

What are you guys' opinion on the Tynamo line? I haven't really warmed up to it. I like Tynamo, but I don't really like Eelektric and Eelektross. Not sure what it is, I think I would've liked them better if they kept white coloring instead of changing to greenish brown. It's really the only Electric I dislike this gen.

I think Eelektrik and Eelektross are pretty cool, they're one of my favourite Gen V Pokémon.

It is. First off, it's typing is amazing (Fighting/Dark), it has ridiculous defensive stats (both Defense and Sp. Defense are 115). It has one of the best movepool's of any Unova Pokemon (this guy get's just about everything, and can get Dragon Dance as an Egg Move, along with all three elemental punches, Counter, has enough TM diversity to make it a threat to just about anything, and has access to some of the strongest Fighting type moves in the game).

And it gets Shed Skin as one of it's abilities.

It's only drawback? Poor Speed.

In short, that lizard is going on my team. Heck, I could potentially take down Getchsis' entire team with this thing along with the E4 (except perhaps Marshal).

edit: What I mean by, "it gets everything" is to say that it gets attacks of just about every typing at it's disposal.

/CL

You've gotta be kidding me? Now it's extremely obvious that the designers wanted it to be a magnificent Pokémon. Seriously, who'd look at Scraggy and say "This Pokémon can naturally use Dragon Dance"?

UnovaSwampert
24th February 2011, 5:30 PM
I still got one Problem - I want a Ground or Rock Type in my team.

There are three options for me:
-Krookodile
-Excadrill
-Gigalith

Gigalith.

/zekrom10char

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 5:35 PM
Alright, Gigalith it is...

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 5:41 PM
But the way to evolve an Boldore into a Gigalith, is to trade it. Just like Graveler into Golem.

Maverik
24th February 2011, 5:51 PM
Is the trade evolution glitch in the GTS still existant? That would be plenty useful in this situation.

Mario with Lasers
24th February 2011, 5:56 PM
Is the trade evolution glitch in the GTS still existant? That would be plenty useful in this situation.

Unfortunately, they fixed it. How dare they >:|

Tyrannotaur
24th February 2011, 5:58 PM
But the way to evolve an Boldore into a Gigalith, is to trade it. Just like Graveler into Golem.

I'm sure you could find someone on these forums nice enough to trade with you if you can't do it yourself.

-;248;

isshoni
24th February 2011, 6:18 PM

I've absolutely fallen in love with Cryognal! It's just so cool it's creepy. What I love about it the most is the fact that it is so different and isn't based on an animal, while still being based on a natural phenomenon rather than something man-made.

I gotta admit I've always had a soft spot for Ice-types, but Cryognal's just special. Just imagine it in the mountains hunting for prey with it's chains of ice.

That crappy defense stat really is a major downside though. It's so low that it's not even bad, but downright horrible. It's still definately getting a spot on my team on my first play-through, and I'm surely gonna give it a try on the Battle Subway too.

Eelektross is another Pokémon on my top 5 of Gen V. It's just so huge and looks ferocius, while still somehow managing to be cute. It's gonna be on my first team too!

I totally get why it changes colour so dramatically (most marine creatures tend to be born very pale or even sheer), but I still agree that a white Eelektross would've been even more awesome.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 6:23 PM
For the Tynamo line:
I really, really dislike these Pokémon. It's just that I really don't like their design.

Dracoste
24th February 2011, 6:28 PM
For the Tynamo line:
I really, really dislike these Pokémon. It's just that I really don't like their design.

Everyone has it's own taste, the one may be in love of the design of one and the other one just simply hate it.

For Example, I don't like the design of.......of.......uhhhh......ummmm.......aha, no.......ehhhhhh......

MetalFlygon08
24th February 2011, 6:39 PM
Seriously, who'd look at Scraggy and say "This Pokémon can naturally use Dragon Dance"?

The same ones who looked at Crawdaunt and said 'This Pokemon should be able to naturally use Dragon Dance'.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 7:29 PM
What do you think about that other Dragon-Pokémon, Druddigon? Would you think he'd be an useful addition for a team?

Will-powered Spriter
24th February 2011, 7:33 PM
You've gotta be kidding me? Now it's extremely obvious that the designers wanted it to be a magnificent Pokémon. Seriously, who'd look at Scraggy and say "This Pokémon can naturally use Dragon Dance"?

Well, it's in the dragon egg group, and it looks like it can street dance.

The more important thing is who looked at scraggy and thought "This thing can impregnate dragons".

LexSuicune
24th February 2011, 7:35 PM

Well that plain sucks.

Ugh.

kaiser soze
24th February 2011, 7:37 PM
I've absolutely fallen in love with Cryognal! It's just so cool it's creepy. What I love about it the most is the fact that it is so different and isn't based on an animal, while still being based on a natural phenomenon rather than something man-made.

I gotta admit I've always had a soft spot for Ice-types, but Cryognal's just special. Just imagine it in the mountains hunting for prey with it's chains of ice.

That crappy defense stat really is a major downside though. It's so low that it's not even bad, but downright horrible. It's still definately getting a spot on my team on my first play-through, and I'm surely gonna give it a try on the Battle Subway too.

apparently hes hard to find, which is why I will probably wait till winter to add one to my team(s). that defense can be a problem though, one bullet punch from almost anything and its dead.

ice types could become important for in-game teams because of the ground, flying, and dragon gyms. im going with vanilluxe, but its moveset disappoints me. and the ice beam tm is after the elite 4, so thats not going to help me

SasakiThePikachu
24th February 2011, 8:06 PM

The more important thing is who looked at scraggy and thought "This thing can impregnate dragons".

Thanks for that mental image.

I look at Cryogonal and think 'p'd off old man who got shut in a freezer'. The dude is angry, and you can see him sneezing and everything.

I like Druddigon (he grew on me) but he'll never get much love - he's in a gen with Hydreigon and Haxorus for Arceus' sake. Remember how no-one used Altaria because Flygon and Salamence were on offer? He's gonna be the Altaria of gen 5.

Kingudora
24th February 2011, 8:19 PM

They should make a signature move for scraggy called Street Dance which boost its Respect and Street Cred stats +1 each.

Nmy
24th February 2011, 8:33 PM
For some reason, the new pokemon remind me of digimon. Its just my thoughts.

lolipiece
24th February 2011, 8:34 PM
For some reason, the new pokemon remind me of digimon. Its just my thoughts.

Yes, you and about a million other people have said that...

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 8:35 PM
Remember how no-one used Altaria because Flygon and Salamence were on offer? He's gonna be the Altaria of gen 5.

I always prefered Altaria over Flygon and Salamance and it's not that bad at all. Well, I'll give Druddigon a try. :p

kemal07
24th February 2011, 8:37 PM
Wooww I never realised how rare Cryogonal was. Quite surprising but oh well.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 9:08 PM
That thing is genderless. So that means it can't have eggs? Oh, lordy. :p

Blazios
24th February 2011, 9:19 PM
That thing is genderless. So that means it can't have eggs? Oh, lordy. :p

Well, aside from Ditto.

Funny thing about Cryogonal is that it can actually learn Attract, so it infatuate other genderless Pokémon like Mew can.

LeviNifty
24th February 2011, 9:30 PM
Well, aside from Ditto.

Funny thing about Cryogonal is that it can actually learn Attract, so it infatuate other genderless Pokémon like Mew can.

How any pokemon can be attracted to a floating snowflake with a face is beyond me =p

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 9:31 PM
Cryogonal can learn Attract? Wow... that doesn't make any sense at all. Why did Game Freak do that :D

hever
24th February 2011, 9:45 PM
Cryogonal can learn Attract? Wow... that doesn't make any sense at all. Why did Game Freak do that
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But they would have to be mentally challenged.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 9:52 PM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But they would have to be mentally challenged.

Well... yeah... that's true. But I mean technically it's useless.

hever
24th February 2011, 9:54 PM
Useless is in the eyes of the beholder...

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 9:57 PM

Then let me say it like this:

It won't have any effect!

Blazios
24th February 2011, 9:58 PM
Then let me say it like this:

Well if by no effect you mean "Can infatuate Arceus"...

hever
24th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Maybe the opposite? Fatal attraction? They would die upon seeing its hideous face.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 10:05 PM
Oh, lord :D Fatal attraction

vikingsteve
24th February 2011, 10:34 PM
Alright, Gigalith it is...

I'd go with Excadrill. His abilities are pimp, he's got a lot more speed than Gigalith, and he's immune to Electric and Poison. His movepool is also better than Gigalith's. His only downside is that he has low defenses for his typing.

kaiser soze
24th February 2011, 10:36 PM
Well, aside from Ditto.

maybe it has something to do with him looking like a mirror?

isshoni
24th February 2011, 10:57 PM
apparently hes hard to find, which is why I will probably wait till winter to add one to my team(s). that defense can be a problem though, one bullet punch from almost anything and its dead.

ice types could become important for in-game teams because of the ground, flying, and dragon gyms. im going with vanilluxe, but its moveset disappoints me. and the ice beam tm is after the elite 4, so thats not going to help me

It's never taken me too much time to find a Pokémon no matter how rare it is. For example, back in the olden days I patiently went and caught a Feebas all by myself. Granted it took me less than 30 minutes, but the point still stands. I like to think that the satisfaction of finding something rare is far greater than the effort put into the search. I'm even gonna catch my Cryognal with a proper nature and decent IVs.

I think it was a smart move to leave all the good TMs to the time after the E4 because having them available early on has, to me at least, made previous games rather easy. Same goes for the late evolutions, a brilliant idea. I really do hope that this gen will actually give the players a challenge of some sort. Ok ok, I know that kids need to be able to play the game, but still.

This, more than anything, is true when it comes to Pokémon.

hever
25th February 2011, 12:49 AM
This, more than anything, is true when it comes to Pokémon.
Mmhm. Reason why I said it. :3

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 12:54 AM
Good grief, I didn't say Cryogonal was useless, only the move Attract on a genderless Pokémon!

hever
25th February 2011, 12:57 AM
Oh no. This is a whole new topic. We meant "useless" as in Pokemon in general. We've moved on.

R_N
25th February 2011, 12:57 AM
You'd think Bronzor would have gotten Attract
Being a Mirror and all.

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 12:58 AM
Oh, alright then. Never mind.

And that's very true. There's no useless Pokémon in general.

R_N
25th February 2011, 1:04 AM
Oh, alright then. Never mind.

And that's very true. There's no useless Pokémon in general.

Spiky Eared Pichu

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 1:12 AM
Why is Spiky Eared Pichu useless?

Kreis
25th February 2011, 1:16 AM

Because it's just a Pichu with a spiked ear.

Blazios
25th February 2011, 1:17 AM
Because it's just a shiny Pichu with a spiked ear.

Wrong Pichu.

It's useless because it can't be traded and can't evolve.

hever
25th February 2011, 1:18 AM
Because it's just a shiny Pichu with a spiked ear.

Two different things.

Kreis
25th February 2011, 1:19 AM
Wrong Pichu.

It's useless because it can't be traded and can't evolve.

Two different things.

I corrected my post as soon as I noticed my mistake, point still stands. Although, I didn't know it could not evolve either.

R_N
25th February 2011, 1:21 AM

Oh man oh man where to start

First of all: It's trapped within one game. You can not trade it anywhere outside of the Heart Gold or Soul Silver cart you got it from.
But okay at least you'll get a neat looking Pika--oh wait it can't evolve.
Well maybe we can pass dow--nope it's female and Pain Split wasn't made an egg move.
The stats weren't changed at all to compensate, meaning it's, statistically, a Pichu with Pain Split.
A move, which it can't even properly use thanks to pitiful defenses and HP.
But alright, it's a baby so there's always Little Cup, right? NOPE it comes at level 30, little cup is limited to level 5.

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 1:21 AM
EDIT: Well, snowyarticuno convinced me. :p

XDLugia
25th February 2011, 1:28 AM
I know this is off the spiked-pichu topic, but I very much would like to know the answer to this...

Will Giratina origin forme (or atleast the Griseous Orb as a hold item) FINALLY be allowed on WFC???

It made sense for DPPT/HGSS... But I'll be seriously pissed if it can't be used in BW.

Cobalt_Latios
25th February 2011, 1:30 AM
On the topic of Scrafty, Marshal should've gotten one in his team, and the dark guy could've put a Mindibuzz in the spot his Scrafty used to be.
Come to think of it, why didn't Grimsley get Mandibuzz? It would seem like the perfect fit for him. And Scrafty gets a ton more Fighting type moves than Dark.

I'm loving the Tynamo line, honestly. The colouring is a bit weird, granted, but I really like the way the latter two look. Eelektross manages to look goofy and cool at the same time with his fin-feet appendages. Galvantula and Eelektross are easily my favourite Electric-types this generation.
I already liked it the instant I found out there were going to be "Lamprey" Pokemon. Hell yeah!

You've gotta be kidding me? Now it's extremely obvious that the designers wanted it to be a magnificent Pokémon.
Obviously.

Seriously, who'd look at Scraggy and say "This Pokémon can naturally use Dragon Dance"?
I sure didn't. But I'm mighty glad it can. Granted, lizards and dragons are similar in some regards, so there's that.

*snap*

Oh well, there's always SPPf Wi-Fi

For the Tynamo line:
I'm guessing you don't like lampreys then. Eh, oh well. Can't please everyone.

Hahaha! I never thought about that. Nice catch :).

It's more like, "this thing can be impregnated by dragons", as it's the only way for it to learn one of the stat boosting dragon type moves.

But yes, it works the other way as well.

You'd think Bronzor would have gotten Attract
Being a Mirror and all.
Bronzor, Bronzor, on the wall, who's the fairest of the all...?

Hmm... maybe that's why?

Oh man oh man where to start

First of all: It's trapped within one game. You can not trade it anywhere outside of the Heart Gold or Soul Silver cart you got it from.
But okay at least you'll get a neat looking Pika--oh wait it can't evolve.
Well maybe we can pass dow--nope it's female and Pain Split wasn't made an egg move.
The stats weren't changed at all to compensate, meaning it's, statistically, a Pichu with Pain Split.
A move, which it can't even properly use thanks to pitiful defenses and HP.
But alright, it's a baby so there's always Little Cup, right? NOPE it comes at level 30, little cup is limited to level 5.
Ouch. That does suck :/. Mighty glad I skipped that event.

/CL

R_N
25th February 2011, 1:30 AM
I know this is off the spiked-pichu topic, but I very much would like to know the answer to this...

Will Giratina origin forme (or atleast the Griseous Orb as a hold item) FINALLY be allowed on WFC???

It made sense for DPPT/HGSS... But I'll be seriously pissed if it can't be used in BW.

All the platinum forms can be used on wi-fi, yes!
Origitina, Skymin, and Rotom-A

Well, only Rotom-A can be used on Random, but friend battles work fine.

XDLugia
25th February 2011, 1:36 AM
All the platinum forms can be used on wi-fi, yes!
Origitina, Skymin, and Rotom-A

Well, only Rotom-A can be used on Random, but friend battles work fine.

Thank god! I was always so anxious to show off Origin Forme online, and now I can!

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 1:39 AM
I'm guessing you don't like lampreys then. Eh, oh well. Can't please everyone.

God, no!! Lampreys are gross as hell!

hever
25th February 2011, 1:40 AM

....I like them.

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 1:48 AM
....I like them.

Well, that's your opinion then, I guess. I think they look quite strange and awkward.

hever
25th February 2011, 1:50 AM
Well, that's your opinion then, I guess. I think they look quite strange and awkward.

Same goes to you.

Weaver_8
25th February 2011, 2:21 AM

GASP! Silence yourself, lampreys are awesome as are their Pokemon counterparts... of course I have a love for bizarre and nightmare-esque imagery so maybe your right... EVEN SO!

On a last note I have strange taste it seems... and I am happy <D

Cobalt_Latios
25th February 2011, 2:24 AM
At least this explains why you don't like the line. I personally rather think lampreys are unusual, and despite having no "jaws" (hence the sucker the creepy looking mouth), I find them pretty cool.

GASP! Silence yourself, lampreys are awesome as are their Pokemon counterparts... of course I have a love for bizarre and nightmare-esque imagery so maybe your right... EVEN SO!

On a last note I have strange taste it seems... and I am happy <D
At least Nintendo didn't go for Hagfish... then we'd probably have some nightmare fuel stuff.

/CL

tailswalker
25th February 2011, 2:28 AM
Well... um... a little back on topic...
I really like Beartic's design, however no one talks about it, so I get the idea that it's not very good competitive-wise.

I've already seen it has few physical attacks in its level-up moves.
But... is it really useful in any environment, like say... rotation battles??

Its design is awesome thogh, so I'm using it anyways hehe...
Just wondering...

XDLugia
25th February 2011, 2:31 AM
At least Nintendo didn't go for Hagfish... then we'd probably have some nightmare fuel stuff.

/CL

http://www.cha.lt/uploads/posts/1222368337_thehagfish.jpg

IT LOVERS YOU! <3

Wouldn't that be interesting? XD

ON-TOPIC:

Well... um... a little back on topic...

I really like Beartic's design, however no one talks about it, so I get the idea that it's not very good competitive-wise.

I've already seen it has few physical attacks in its level-up moves.

But... is it really useful in any environment, like say... rotation battles??

Its design is awesome thogh, so I'm using it anyways hehe...

Just wondering...

Beartic is kinda odd, IMO. I mean, sure, I think it looks better than Ursaring... But I'm not a fan of the Icicle-Santa Beard. Lol.

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 2:34 AM
Oh, yeah. Beartic's design looks pretty good.
The question if he's good competetive-wise... I guess you'll have to find out yourself, because there are many ways to "use" a Pokémon.

For that Hagfish thing...

You just scared the living daylight out of me!!

Weaver_8
25th February 2011, 2:37 AM

IT LOVERS YOU! <3

Wouldn't that be interesting? XD

... Wow... that would be completely awesome. What's creepy about this again?
I could just huggles it :3 even if it does have something utterly disturbing about, but with just the picture it is really adorable. I must have it! Gamefreak please be viewing this thing! It would be the best Pokemon ever!

On topic I'm not sure what to say about Beartic. It is quite an interesting Pokemon and I really do like it, but it isn't like it is one of my most favorite Pokemon ever. Volcorona though I fell completely into love with its design, and it doesn't hurt that it is the first bug Pokemon to learn fly.

Burakoru
25th February 2011, 2:38 AM
I think Beartic looks awesome!

hever
25th February 2011, 2:38 AM

It looks like the Raddish Spirit from Spirited Away.

MagnetonNr1
25th February 2011, 2:41 AM
God, damnit. That thing looks like a mutant slug.

Or an angry Gastrodon...

XDLugia
25th February 2011, 2:42 AM
Volcorona though I fell completely into love with its design, and it doesn't hurt that it is the first bug Pokemon to learn fly.

Volcarona is quite smexy... Though it reminds me a lot of that one card from Yu-Gi-Oh though... Ultimate Moth, I believe it was called. Lol.

hever
25th February 2011, 2:47 AM
Volcarona is quite smexy... Though it reminds me a lot of that one card from Yu-Gi-Oh though... Ultimate Moth, I believe it was called. Lol.
This one?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061026224723/yugioh/images/thumb/b/ba/PerfectlyUltimateGreatMothTSC-EN-ScR.jpg/300px-PerfectlyUltimateGreatMothTSC-EN-ScR.jpg

I like Volcarona's design better. And I like to say its name.

Blueysicle
25th February 2011, 2:47 AM

Or even better, they could've gone for a blobfish.

http://trestlessurfcrowd.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/blobfish.jpg

Blobfish: Sitting somewhere between Ugly Cute and Nightmare Fuel.

hever
25th February 2011, 2:48 AM
^Reminds me of Chansey's deformed baby.

R_N
25th February 2011, 2:52 AM
Or even better, they could've gone for a blobfish.

http://trestlessurfcrowd.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/blobfish.jpg

Blobfish: Sitting somewhere between Ugly Cute and Nightmare Fuel.

Blobfish is the saddest fish of all

Love meeeee : C