PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

nikohesus
22nd September 2010, 11:57 PM
Guys, Kyremu is the third legendary, correct?

I did some research, kuromu is the japanese name for chrome. Geru is the japanese name for gray. Kyremu also has chrome and grey elements.

Perhaps the third version could be chrome or gray?

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 12:09 AM
Who?...........

Also,

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/552.png

IT'S THE ONLY ONE FACING THE WRONG WAY. GRHAHAHAHG

no, his eyes are looking at you, he has that 'I'mto good for this' expression, and he pairs nicely with Tsutaja in a double battle,you beat our opponents down with extra Smugness.

Commander L. Halsti
23rd September 2010, 12:12 AM
Guys, Kyremu is the third legendary, correct?

I did some research, kuromu is the japanese name for chrome. Geru is the japanese name for gray. Kyremu also has chrome and grey elements.

Perhaps the third version could be chrome or gray?
The Japanese word for gray is nezumiiro. At least that is what's in my dictionary.

TR_Jessie
23rd September 2010, 12:12 AM
I want to try out all the new powerful fighting types. Those are gonna be fun.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 12:14 AM
no, his eyes are looking at you, he has that 'I'mto good for this' expression, and he pairs nicely with Tsutaja in a double battle,you beat our opponents down with extra Smugness.

Well he fails and looks stupid.

nikohesus
23rd September 2010, 12:26 AM
The Japanese word for gray is nezumiiro. At least that is what's in my dictionary.

I was too confused about grey, there were multiple translations. Go with chrome.

Linkdarkside
23rd September 2010, 1:02 AM
the last evo of the crocodile seems like a beast.

[aka]
23rd September 2010, 1:27 AM
"Nezumi" means mouse, and "iro" means color, so "nezumi iro" means grey.

I like the idea of Black, White, and Chrome. ^_^
Also, I'm very impressed with the cries this gen. Original and realistic.

Brave Birdy
23rd September 2010, 1:43 AM
Who?...........

Also,

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/552.png

IT'S THE ONLY ONE FACING THE WRONG WAY. GRHAHAHAHG

He's like Croagunk.

the last evo of the crocodile seems like a beast.

I saw him in a youtube wifi battle and he is a BEAST. The trainer really seemed like he was about to lose, but then he pulled out Warubiaru, KO'd one pokemon and got an attack boost, and then swept through the rest of the team. I think he'll make a good late game sweeper.

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 1:48 AM
Warubiaru IS a beast.

Johto King
23rd September 2010, 2:02 AM
Warubiaru IS a beast.

Warubiaru is definently going OU lol

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 2:04 AM
Yep, straight with Doryuuzu and Ononokusu, if it doesn't end up in the Uber tier lol.

Johto King
23rd September 2010, 2:08 AM
Yep, straight with Doryuuzu and Ononokusu, if it doesn't end up in the Uber tier lol.

Wait which ones are those again? I don't know any of these pokemon by name yet....

tessatogekiss
23rd September 2010, 2:18 AM
oh my, my pre-ordered white is on its way! shinpora, aaekosu, tabunne, birijion, kojondo are my favourites at the moment! i CANT wait until it gets here!

Dragonshock
23rd September 2010, 2:21 AM
Wait which ones are those again? I don't know any of these pokemon by name yet....

Doryuzuu is the big metal mole and Ononokusu is the big dragon that is Kibago's last evo.

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 2:24 AM
My White version just shipped too! Can't wait to use the Pokemon in my sig---!

Auraninja
23rd September 2010, 2:31 AM
This may seem a bit of extraneous trivia, but did you know that Gear's immidate evolution is Bidoof?

Picture: from Gamefaqs (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8241/gearbidoof.png)

Stange, isn't it?

Sorry, I just love things like that.

Otherwise, has anybody else noticed the love of Denchura?

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 2:33 AM
Bidoof's soul must have been transplanted into a gear and yeah!

Also yeah, everyone and their mother seems to be using Denchura (although I'm not going to)

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 2:35 AM

Warubiaru is definently going OU lol

Warubiaru IS a beast.

He's like Croagunk.

I saw him in a youtube wifi battle and he is a BEAST. The trainer really seemed like he was about to lose, but then he pulled out Warubiaru, KO'd one pokemon and got an attack boost, and then swept through the rest of the team. I think he'll make a good late game sweeper.

Attack of the giant red penis nose, commence!

Johto King
23rd September 2010, 2:46 AM
My White version just shipped too! Can't wait to use the Pokemon in my sig---!

Dude, let me know how finding the espeon is in the dream world and then in the game. I'm very interested to see if you can pull of getting older gens in the game b4 the elite 4. Thanks.

R_N
23rd September 2010, 2:51 AM
This may seem a bit of extraneous trivia, but did you know that Gear's immidate evolution is Bidoof?

Stange, isn't it?

Those don't even remotely look alike at all

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 2:53 AM

Head angle.

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 2:53 AM
The only similarity is the titled head. You see, the internet loves Bidoof jokes.

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 3:00 AM

Yes I've noticed that for a while, since even before it's Ken Sugimori artwork was revealed in Coro Coro actually. I like Denchura as well as it's pre-evolved form but I'm not "in love" with it. I think it's just the unique type combination that draws people in and appeals to them when they think about Denchura. I plan on capturing a member of that family but I still haven't gotten to that point yet :s

R_N
23rd September 2010, 3:02 AM
Head angle.

That is so dumb I think I just had an anuerismma.skdna;lda

Brave Birdy
23rd September 2010, 3:10 AM
Attack of the giant red penis nose, commence!

I wish I never had noticed that, because the pokemon is amazing, but I can't look at him without noticing it. Hopefully they'll change that with a different sprite in the third installment. haha

Kokoromori
23rd September 2010, 3:10 AM
I ordered my version of Pokemon Black. <3

Zubat replacement, here I come!
Kokoromori is awfully cute. ;w;

Dragon Master Cody
23rd September 2010, 3:15 AM
Zekrom should have got a better ability. Maybe it will learn dragon dance.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 3:32 AM
I wish I never had noticed that, because the pokemon is amazing, but I can't look at him without noticing it. Hopefully they'll change that with a different sprite in the third installment. haha
Same exact issue..

Auraninja
23rd September 2010, 3:35 AM
An aneurism you say? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_e4l8lxXg)

Okay, but on topic, I have to admit. I like the spider too. I guess it is sort of the thing people wanted in a Bug type Pokemon: a weird typing, a potential in battles, and a cool look to it.

Edit: I forgot to say. I just like neat things like what I showed.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 3:36 AM

I laughed when I saw it.

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 4:32 AM
At least Mega-Red Gator doesn't learn Gunk Shot or Harden...

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 4:48 AM
^Is the electric gym leader a girl or a boy?

PokemonTrainerKaden
23rd September 2010, 4:49 AM
Is it just me or does Baoppu resemble Chimchar completely.

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 4:51 AM
^Is the electric gym leader a girl or a boy?

pretty sure it's a girl, since she has an open-cut front with black strips running across, and also, she has boobs.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 4:55 AM

Three new fire monkey pokemon were completely necesary, eh?

Or two and a gorilla, whatever..

PokemonTrainerKaden
23rd September 2010, 4:58 AM
Umm. There is only one new fire monkey. The other two are grass and water.

Cobalt_Latios
23rd September 2010, 5:12 AM

I guess I'm the only one who see's it. Look very carefully at the larger gear. use the white accents on the bottom right as your guide to see where the "bidoof" face is.

C_L

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 5:23 AM
I'm naming my Gearz Geardoof just for that.

They probally do a fusion ha! with Doof putting on the giant gear as a mask, whilst the remaining attach to Doof's limbs to power it up.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
23rd September 2010, 5:32 AM
What I'm happy about is that they chose not to have any new evos for pre-discovered pokemon. Probably to make up for the boatload we got in 4th gen I suppose.

Seraphina
23rd September 2010, 5:33 AM
I know alot have been asking for a link to all the animations of the pokemon and gym leaders/e4. Can someone post one please >_>

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 5:34 AM
The gym leaders and E4 don't get animations, Belle, Cheren, and N are the only ones.

Probaly they all will come the 3rd game however. Just like DP to Pt.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
23rd September 2010, 5:43 AM
Do we have any time table on when the sprites will be up on the internet again. Because I'd rally like to see the pokedex again, I didn't really memorize everything because I wasn't expecting it to get taken down.

Varnani
23rd September 2010, 5:47 AM
What I'm happy about is that they chose not to have any new evos for pre-discovered pokemon. Probably to make up for the boatload we got in 4th gen I suppose.
i must agree! many pre and post -evos were tiring me, specially ugly ones like Electivire and Smoochom D:

razz

[aka]
23rd September 2010, 6:11 AM
Do we have any time table on when the sprites will be up on the internet again. Because I'd rally like to see the pokedex again, I didn't really memorize everything because I wasn't expecting it to get taken down.
veekun.com has a great Pokédex up and running in the meanwhile. ^_^

Does anyone else feel like Mudflap (see sig) is the new Dunsparce?

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 6:11 AM
If you wanna go with UGLY evos, what about Magmortar? XD Fat Clown? XD

Nacreous
23rd September 2010, 7:05 AM
Hmmm...the version exclusives will not be in the 3rd game,will they?>.>

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 7:09 AM
Hmmm...the version exclusives will not be in the 3rd game,will they?>.>

Depends entirely what you mean by "version exclusives".

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 7:28 AM
If you wanna go with UGLY evos, what about Magmortar? XD Fat Clown? XD

HEY. I love Magmortar

Umm. There is only one new fire monkey. The other two are grass and water.

If you count Baoppu's evolution, and Hihidaruma (who is essentially a Daruma-Fire-Donkey Kong) then there are 3. I can't exactly call Darumakka a monkey though.

Stange, isn't it?

While this alone blew my mind, I'd like to add that I never noticed that Gear's evolutions had the white bandage eye thing on the huge gear. So the 2nd gear on the original Gear is the only one to actually evolve. AND HERE, I THOUGHT IT DIED.

I'd also like to point out that I like Dentula because I composed my team of Pokemon that were obtainable as early as possible. I needed an electric type, and his dual type worked out for me.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
23rd September 2010, 7:53 AM
i dunno i will buy the game i think BW is disappointing there a lot of pokemon looks weird instead of ugly decent - ugly cool, decent - cool, cool - awesome and cute there more numbers in pokemon that weird than looking decent, cute and cool. so maybe that why someone made a site that have over 750K of vote in boycotting and something....

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 7:59 AM
i dunno i will buy the game

Then don't. You seem to have wasted no time picking a roster for a game you don't intend to buy.

so maybe that why someone made a site that have over 750K of vote in boycotting and something....

Delusional fools, all of them, if they think a "boycott" is intelligent (boycotting a video game over the monster designs? really?) or useful (no one cares). Nothing more. There's no way they got 750,000 people to "vote" that anyway.

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 8:10 AM
i dunno i will buy the game i think BW is disappointing there a lot of pokemon looks weird instead of ugly decent - ugly cool, decent - cool, cool - awesome and cute there more numbers in pokemon that weird than looking decent, cute and cool. so maybe that why someone made a site that have over 750K of vote in boycotting and something....

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to even say here.

Also, you picked a team. So wait, what?

And people boycotting B/W over the monster designs? LOL. That's as funny as the people who want to boycott it because they aren't getting to see screenshots of the Japanese versions.

Also, suggesting that it's a bad thing because -you- think there is an overwhelming amount of weird-looking pokemon is just silly.

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 8:17 AM
The game sold 2.6 million in its first two days. There is no way a boycott of 750,000 is going to have any meaningful impact.

A boycott is simply childish and immature anyway. What harm is Pok&#233;mon Black/White doing to anyone besides Nintendo's competitors?

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
23rd September 2010, 8:26 AM
well it seem to be 60&#37; of them are, which it's not normal there should be at least 25% or less for it. for gen 4 are there a lot of weird looking pokemon or gen 3 are there a lot? or rather that it matter they give off the essence of pokemon and plenty of gen 5 lack of it. and i dunno why they boycotting there no point of it since the game is already made and it too late to change it.

but what i was trying to say that from gen 3-4 i have made use of almost entire to make different styles of teams depending on single type, type combo, classification team, etc and it almost seem no end to it as well and i really enjoy it but this gen 5 kinda lost that feeling =_= the feel of creativity to make tons of teams but at least there around 20 pokemons that seem to be spark of creativity

Dippamus
23rd September 2010, 8:43 AM
my only gripe with Gen 5 is pokemon still have shallow movepools, i can understand it for pokemon with raw powerful stats, but those tend to be the one with largest movepools

a real lack of moves too, but as for the type combos they're great this time around - Dragon/Fire? have fine dining in Hell, Steel types >D

a Fighting/Flying would have been rad too, or a Ghost/Normal

but whats done is done, excited for the new games

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 8:59 AM
well it seem to be 60% of them are, which it's not normal there should be at least 25% or less for it.

Pulling arbitrary statistics out of nowhere does nothing.

or rather that it matter they give off the essence of pokemon and plenty of gen 5 lack of it.

but this gen 5 kinda lost that feeling =_= the feel of creativity to make tons of teams but at least there around 20 pokemons that seem to be spark of creativity

Oh lord, it took you this long just to launch into the latest edition of "these designs are uncreative and they don't look like Pokémon"? Couldn't you have done that at the beginning and saved us the wasted time?

No courtesy these days.

Mush
23rd September 2010, 9:00 AM
well it seem to be 60% of them are, which it's not normal there should be at least 25% or less for it. for gen 4 are there a lot of weird looking pokemon or gen 3 are there a lot? or rather that it matter they give off the essence of pokemon and plenty of gen 5 lack of it. and i dunno why they boycotting there no point of it since the game is already made and it too late to change it.

but what i was trying to say that from gen 3-4 i have made use of almost entire to make different styles of teams depending on single type, type combo, classification team, etc and it almost seem no end to it as well and i really enjoy it but this gen 5 kinda lost that feeling =_= the feel of creativity to make tons of teams but at least there around 20 pokemons that seem to be spark of creativity

All subjective. I hated gen 4. Gen 5 is imho the best gen since gen 2, which I like the best. I actually like all the gens except for 4, cause that gen did in fact lack creativity imo. The only pokemon I dislike in gen 5 are the legends, the rest are very creative, fresh and awesome!.

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 9:25 AM
I really love the Generation 5 Pok&#233;mon too. (Of course, I love them all. Generation 1 seems pretty bland compared to the others, however, and is, in fact, my least favorite.)

It doesn't matter if you like this generation or not; complaining to a bunch of people who like it isn't going to change anything.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
23rd September 2010, 9:27 AM
I apologize on my behalf of my brother *bow* i didn't realize that he fooling around with my account and I'm sorry for any disruption he may cause and imo the gen 5 is far the fresh ideas to come by

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 10:12 AM
Oh, I see. That explains why your signature implies you're pretty stoked for Black/White. Tell your little brother that he should make his own account rather than using yours.

hunt
23rd September 2010, 10:15 AM
Hm, I was wondering if anybody can confirm whether the Fire moth is a available pre-E4...? Also, it's definitely not a legendary is it?

Cheers

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 10:33 AM
Urugamoth is not a legenday Pok&#233;mon. And if I remember correctly, you can find it on Victory Road on your first visit, meaning you can get it before the Elite Four.

rocky505
23rd September 2010, 10:46 AM
Urugamoth is not a legenday Pokémon. And if I remember correctly, you can find it on Victory Road on your first visit, meaning you can get it before the Elite Four. It is not in Victory Road you have to interact with it in the ancient castle after the E4 or evolve it's pre evo you get as an egg.

hunt
23rd September 2010, 10:52 AM
And you can get this egg before the E4? Hm... regardless, chances are it won't evolve before the E4 since it evolves at lv 59. I think I'll stick with Pokabu as my fire type and then train Mr.Moth after the E4 in the post story stuff.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 11:12 AM
I apologize on my behalf of my brother *bow* i didn't realize that he fooling around with my account and I'm sorry for any disruption he may cause and imo the gen 5 is far the fresh ideas to come by

I was about to do the whole "THE OLD 'MY BROTHER ON MY ACCOUNT' TRICK" but I noticed the way you replied versus the other two are completely different.

Also, someone not excited about Black/White making a team just confuses me.

Having said that, I can't take someone seriously when they say 5th gen is "uncreative" or tries pulling the "don't look like animals/pokemon" crap.

My favorite gens are as follows:
- 2nd & 5th
- 4th & 1st
- 3rd

And while 3rd gen is my least favorite (and has a huge amount of Pokemon I don't particularly like), I have a lot of favorites in the 3rd gen.

hunt
23rd September 2010, 11:27 AM
I was about to do the whole "THE OLD 'MY BROTHER ON MY ACCOUNT' TRICK" but I noticed the way you replied versus the other two are completely different.

Having said that, I can't take someone seriously when they say 5th gen is "uncreative" or tries pulling the "don't look like animals/pokemon" crap.

- 2nd & 5th
- 4th & 1st
- 3rd

And while 3rd gen is my least favorite (and has a huge amount of Pokemon I don't particularly like), I have a lot of favorites in the 3rd gen.

I completely agree. 3rd gen is my least favoruite (still good though), and although I respect Nintendo for attempting a 'reboot' of the series then, I think that the 5th gen is a far more successful 'reboot' The designs are actually a lot more creative, I think.

But hey, it's all opinions... if we all liked the same things life would be boring.

My fav gens as followed:
- 1st + 2nd
- 5th
- 4th
- 3rd

Aether13
23rd September 2010, 12:20 PM
So there have been a bunch of rumors saying you can't play this game on a ds lite, are these true or not?

Copley Hill Gym
23rd September 2010, 12:23 PM
So there have been a bunch of rumors saying you can't play this game on a ds lite, are these true or not?

Not true at all - my DS Lite is running it perfectly.

Aether13
23rd September 2010, 12:25 PM
Not true at all - my DS Lite is running it perfectly.

Haha good that was starting to worry me.

DevilAurora
23rd September 2010, 12:27 PM
I found an error on the Legendary page. You dont need the national dex to catch Kobaburon, Terakion and Birijion. I got all 3 before fighting the elite 4.

Lazy to read through, but dunno if anyone noticed this

Copley Hill Gym
23rd September 2010, 12:46 PM
I found an error on the Legendary page. You dont need the national dex to catch Kobaburon, Terakion and Birijion. I got all 3 before fighting the elite 4.

Lazy to read through, but dunno if anyone noticed this

Are they the Muskedeers? If so you're right, I caught the blue one (steel/fighting) prior to beating the 6th gym yesterday.

Has anyone noticed just how insanely overpowered Kibago is as a base Pokemon? o.0

My Kibago took on the ice gym and won, along with my equally over-powered Zebra Pokemon. Either mine have really good IVs (doubtful) or the base stats of these Pokemon just suit the game in the storyline perfectly!

DevilAurora
23rd September 2010, 12:49 PM
Kibago is awesome, lol. My Ononokusu was the main fighter in the Elite Four, followed by Doryuuzu

Drizz
23rd September 2010, 1:34 PM
red blue yellow
silver gold crystal
ruby sapphire emerald
diamond pearl platnuim
black white........ Gray? Lol

Mr.Munchlax
23rd September 2010, 1:34 PM
Kibago is awesome, lol. My Ononokusu was the main fighter in the Elite Four, followed by Doryuuzu

Hey, I just read about the shaking areas that have rare pokemon, was it hard to catch your Doryuuzu?

DevilAurora
23rd September 2010, 1:39 PM
I caught it as a Moguryuu in the Electric Rock cave. Common.
Doryuuzu is common in the sand of the Victory Road.
The only problem is wild pokemon appears before you can reach the sand

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 1:40 PM
I completely agree. 3rd gen is my least favoruite (still good though), and although I respect Nintendo for attempting a 'reboot' of the series then, I think that the 5th gen is a far more successful 'reboot' The designs are actually a lot more creative, I think.

But hey, it's all opinions... if we all liked the same things life would be boring.

My fav gens as followed:
- 1st + 2nd
- 5th
- 4th
- 3rd

Exactly. 3rd Gen was obviously an attempt at a reboot, but 5th gen just did it so much better.

Totally false. The only thing is that you can't play the Japanese games on a US DSi. But you can play them on DS or DS Lite.

And when the English ones come out, you can obviously play them on DS/Lite/i/XL.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd September 2010, 1:40 PM
I caught it as a Moguryuu in the Electric Rock cave. Common.
Doryuuzu is common in the sand of the Victory Road.
The only problem is wild pokemon appears before you can reach the sand

It's just that I want to catch a Moguryuu at the Underground Water Vein, but I just don't know how difficult it'll be to catch it now?

rocky505
23rd September 2010, 1:42 PM
It's just that I want to catch a Moguryuu at the Underground Water Vein, but I just don't know how difficult it'll be to catch it now? Just have a repel and you'll be fine.

Joe.
23rd September 2010, 1:53 PM
Yeah with repels it's easy.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 3:42 PM
i think that gamefreak have taken the pokemon to far. a thug/punk pokemon with a hoddie, an ice cream cona , a coffin amd a fire pig. i am suprised the pig doesnt have a move called bacon. gamefreak are selling out pokemon. 1st generation will always be best

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 3:47 PM
It's not "selling out", it's called "new ideas to base Pokemon off of"

Take off your nostalgia glasses, please

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 3:48 PM
yeah but still. using food to get ideas for pokemon =( it is just plain uncreative

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 3:51 PM
yeah but still. using food to get ideas for pokemon =( it is just plain uncreative

Pkmn Breeder Jack
23rd September 2010, 4:08 PM
I'll admit the ice cream pokemon is pretty lame, but there are still some gems in this generation. Like Doryuuzu.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 4:18 PM
yeah. i luv the new water starter. good offensive stats and mediocre speed and defense. good attacks and looks good in general, and i like the brown fighting type, nageki because of its attack that always scores critical hits#

Sabonea_Masukippa
23rd September 2010, 4:25 PM
I think all these new pokemonz are lame. a viking pokemon with bleach blonde hair, a batch of eggs, a magnet and a peice of gum. I'm surprised the gum didn't give it a move called stick to my shoe. gamefreak are selling out pokemonz. 1st generation will always be best.

Wait...

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 4:28 PM
I think all these new pokemonz are lame. a viking pokemon with bleach blonde hair, a batch of eggs, a magnet and a peice of gum. I'm surprised the gum didn't give it a move called stick to my shoe. gamefreak are selling out pokemonz. 1st generation will always be best.

Wait...

lol. Sabonea you made my good day even better. At first I was completely lost bu then everything started to click.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 4:29 PM
sabonea r u just copying me or taking the mick

triangle
23rd September 2010, 4:34 PM
Are the three new monkey pokemon good or just gimmick pokemon, really just want to know so when i get the game they would be worth raising.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 4:36 PM
gimmick pokemon. the fire one is best in my opionion but thats just me

Kokoromori
23rd September 2010, 4:42 PM
...Is the heart on Koromori's face a nose or an eye?
I always thought it was an eye but since Kokoromori, I wasn't sure. o3o

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 4:44 PM
...Is the heart on Koromori's face a nose or an eye?
I always thought it was an eye but since Kokoromori, I wasn't sure. o3o

Nose. I believe the Pokedex descriptions state so as well.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 4:45 PM
koromori is a bat so it doens't need eyes, but since kokoromori i guess it is a nose

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 4:55 PM

Just so you know, it's not actually ice cream.

It's icicles and snow.

And I fail to see how it's uncreative. Any moreso than Dugtrio or Magneton. Or Ditto. Or a bunch of 1st gen Pokemon.

Icicles topped with snow = suddenly less creative than a generic orange crab.

Nostalgia glasses. That's NO good.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 4:58 PM
the 1st generation was awesome. i grew up playing the games. then they were the best games around, so i think they were creative

pjpviv
23rd September 2010, 4:58 PM
why are magnemite, magneton, and magnezone not getting levitate in dream world! They are floating for craps sake!!! ground attacks should do nothing to them instead of 4x damage.

Wordy
23rd September 2010, 5:00 PM
Of course bats need eyes. The ♥ is the nose. ♥

I'm slowly falling in love with Shinporaa

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/561.png
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

Doesn't it just look awesome with that whole Nazca lines-eque thing it has going on? Awesome stats as well. Like Xatu 2.0. And a much better movepool that takes more advantage of its stats. Which are good stats, have I mentioned?

I really like Shinporaa. I bet I'm the one person. There's probably one person that likes Dasutodasu, even though I don't really like it. Cute pre-evo though, with that gormless expression.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:07 PM
i am using shinporaa. the main reason because of its ability, which gets rid of life orb damage and it is an absolute fighting killer

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:15 PM
does anyone here like desukan or nageki. i am using nageki on my team as it is really good

AKRy100
23rd September 2010, 5:19 PM
Hey I heard the new pokemons cries and the blue dragon with the red head (not sure of name (because of pictures being taken down by nintendo (those arseholes)) but I think it's Kurimugan) sounds like darkrai.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:23 PM
http://http://www.pokecharms.com/games/File:BW_Fr_584.png

kmkikofour8
23rd September 2010, 5:25 PM
is it possible to trade a 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game like heartgold and still work?
pm me if you have an answer

Copley Hill Gym
23rd September 2010, 5:42 PM
Okay, just got my Ononokuso, finally.

Just, WOW. Stats at level 50:

HP: 152
Attack: 170
Defense: 101
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 78
Speed: 134

I must have got a half decent one for attack, but the rest are a little lacking. But seriously - 170 attack? Mint! :)

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 5:46 PM
the 1st generation was awesome. i grew up playing the games. then they were the best games around, so i think they were creative

Are you trying to say that they are creative because you were young and they looked creative at the time?

That's nostalgia. And it's wrong.

They aren't creative just because "they were the best around" when they first came out.

A pony with flames instead of hair is not creative.

I am not saying anything bad about 1st gen. I was there too. My first Pokemon game was Blue version. My favorite Pokemon is Psyduck. I love first gen. But I don't kid myself and pretend that they are the most creative.

R_N
23rd September 2010, 5:47 PM
Are the three new monkey pokemon good or just gimmick pokemon, really just want to know so when i get the game they would be worth raising.

Have you seen their stats? 98 attack, 98 special attack, 101 speed when evolved.

They're actually pretty good if you put some time into them before evolving

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 5:48 PM
You have Victini already? :o Event?

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:52 PM
is it possible to trade a 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game like heartgold and still work?

yes i think u can trade with heartgold but i am not sure about diamond pearl and platinum

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:54 PM
Okay, just got my Ononokuso, finally.

Just, WOW. Stats at level 50:

HP: 152
Attack: 170
Defense: 101
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 78
Speed: 134

I must have got a half decent one for attack, but the rest are a little lacking. But seriously - 170 attack? Mint! :)

great stats,what nature is he and did you catch him wild or trained

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:57 PM
Are you trying to say that they are creative because you were young and they looked creative at the time?

That's nostalgia. And it's wrong.

They aren't creative just because "they were the best around" when they first came out.

A pony with flames instead of hair is not creative.

I am not saying anything bad about 1st gen. I was there too. My first Pokemon game was Blue version. My favorite Pokemon is Psyduck. I love first gen. But I don't kid myself and pretend that they are the most creative.

yeah i guess your right. i woundt have thought about the ice cream or th coffin so i guess they are still creative. i still remember getting pokemon red. one of the greatest games of all time(along with blue, yellow and green)

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 5:59 PM
Have you seen their stats? 98 attack, 98 special attack, 101 speed when evolved.

They're actually pretty good if you put some time into them before evolving

i think boappu is the best as he has some great moves followed by yanappu. im getting boapu as i am getting wotter as my starter

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 6:03 PM

You can't trade a 5th gen Pokemon to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, or use them with Pokemon Battle Revolution or Pokemon Ranch.

Black can only trade with White and White can only trade with Black (as of now).

You can send Pokemon from 4th gen games to Black/White, but you can never get them back (like with 3rd to 4th gen).

yes i think u can trade with heartgold but i am not sure about diamond pearl and platinum

No. No you can't. You cannot send 5th gen Pokemon to a game where they don't exist.

You have Victini already? :o Event?

The event started the day the game came out. If you have Black/White, you can use Mystery Gift or whatever to download the ticket and as soon as you get to the one city you can go right to the island to catch him.

i think boappu is the best as he has some great moves followed by yanappu. im getting boapu as i am getting wotter as my starter

You can actually get all 3 of them regardless of who your starter is. So if you don't actually want the water starter, you can pick another one, get the monkey that goes with them for free, and then when you get to the one forest, start looking for Baoppu.

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:08 PM
so now if i want all three starters i am going to have to buy both games

CurseShooter
23rd September 2010, 6:15 PM
I'm going to try and catch all of the Pokemon in this game... Legit! see if I can. This game and it's pokemon seem worthy of my time.

SasakiThePikachu
23rd September 2010, 6:16 PM
so now if i want all three starters i am going to have to buy both games

No, you could just trade to get them.

I like that the monkey trio were given fab stats - I hated them at first sight, but the cool evos, plus the decent movepool and nice stats changed my mind. And I'm in love with the water monkey evo, which everyone seems to hate in comparison to her brothers. Yay Hiyakki!! :D

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:23 PM
it is going to be hard to get all the legendaries as 2 are exclusives and one you need both black and white exclusives to get

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:23 PM
it is going to be hard to get all the legendaries as 2 are exclusives and one you need both black and white exclusives to get

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:27 PM
but still if you want to train a certain monkey you would have to wait till later to get it if you had a different starter, so then it wouldnt be worth as you would have already got your team. and besides i do want wotter boappu was just an extra

CurseShooter
23rd September 2010, 6:27 PM

I have both Black & White + two Nintento DS's... Just getting to the Elite Four to start White. ;)

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:28 PM
I have both Black & White + two Nintento DS's... Just getting to the Elite Four to start White. ;)

did you get white or black first. i am going white. must be good to get both

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:30 PM

CurseShooter
23rd September 2010, 6:32 PM

I started with Black first. My current team & details are in my signature ;)

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 6:38 PM
here is my team

diakenki,dageki,zekrom,shinpora,shandeera and nattorei

SasakiThePikachu
23rd September 2010, 6:38 PM
but still if you want to train a certain monkey you would have to wait till later to get it if you had a different starter, so then it wouldnt be worth as you would have already got your team. and besides i do want wotter boappu was just an extra

Well, I guess if you plan your team as neurotically as I do (yeah. I have no life :D) you take into account which monkey you get due to which starter. I'm gonna start my black version with Smugleaf, which means I get Hiyakki-chi (yay!), and since I have no interest in the other monkeys that's cool with me. I did originally plan to start black with Wotter, but I wanted Hiyakki enough to change my mind. Besides, I plan to get white eventually, and the third game too, so plenty of time for other starters...

See? I have thought this through. God I need to get out more. *whistles*

Slowemperor
23rd September 2010, 6:44 PM

Wait...

This is one of the best posts I've seen.
People call 5th Gen uncreative... Have they ever looked at Muk? It's a big grimer. Or Farfetch, just a duck, a simple, normal duck. 1st Generation is good and pure, but a little bit bland (I personally like Gen II and III the most, even though I play pokemon since Red, I see Gen I as an experimental state).

And I also like when people say that the judo/karate fighting pokes aren't pokemon because they are too human and have clothes. Machoke? Machamp? It's even in their pokedex entries they wear a belt. Oh and for those acusing of going to far on having pokemon based in punks? It's not the first time a pokemon is based on some sort of culture just take a look at this article: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Jynx

I'm not saying people can't criticise Gen V, I do it too. Just don't compare it to Gen I as if Gen I was perfect, because it wasn't, or more creative/pokemon-ish/whatever, because it wasn't. It's Nostalgia...

CurseShooter
23rd September 2010, 6:47 PM
Well, I guess if you plan your team as neurotically as I do (yeah. I have no life :D) you take into account which monkey you get due to which starter. I'm gonna start my black version with Smugleaf, which means I get Hiyakki-chi (yay!), and since I have no interest in the other monkeys that's cool with me. I did originally plan to start black with Wotter, but I wanted Hiyakki enough to change my mind. Besides, I plan to get white eventually, and the third game too, so plenty of time for other starters...

See? I have thought this through. God I need to get out more. *whistles*

Third game... A good name for it might be Pokemon Gray... but then again why do I think it should be called that? ;)

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 6:52 PM

It's just you. I can see some obvious similarities between the two fire monkey Pokemon but Baoppu isn't 100% like Chimchar. Even if they were exactly the same in terms of design, I'd still see no real problem with it. There are already so many new Isshu Pokemon that look like previous old Pokemon, nothing surprises me or irritates me anymore :S

SasakiThePikachu
23rd September 2010, 6:56 PM
This is one of the best posts I've seen.
People call 5th Gen uncreative... Have they ever looked at Muk? It's a big grimer. Or Farfetch, just a duck, a simple, normal duck. 1st Generation is good and pure, but a little bit bland (I personally like Gen II and III the most, even though I play pokemon since Red, I see Gen I as an experimental state).

And I also like when people say that the judo/karate fighting pokes aren't pokemon because they are too human and have clothes. Machoke? Machamp? It's even in their pokedex entries they wear a belt. Oh and for those acusing of going to far on having pokemon based in punks? It's not the first time a pokemon is based on some sort of culture just take a look at this article: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Jynx

I'm not saying people can't criticise Gen V, I do it too. Just don't compare it to Gen I as if Gen I was perfect, because it wasn't, or more creative/pokemon-ish/whatever, because it wasn't. It's Nostalgia...

No, darling. It's a duck...with a leek! Shock desu! A recipe of simplicity made delicious with the addition of a single vegetable!! :) :) :) No takers? No?! *crickets chirping in background* Well, I tried :D

The problem is that the first gen looked original because it was just that...the first gen. I think when people, or at least myself, complain about any whiff of unoriginality in the 5th gen, we aren't doing it because we think the first gen was perfect. If anything, our argument is...yes the first gen was slightly unoriginal, and surely after fifteen years, we'd expect a bit better by now? I'm not griping about the new pokes, really, I'm not. Well, not all of them. (Ice cream cone and trash bag, I'm trying so hard not to look at you.) I'm just defending this viewpoint.

And I'll be the first to add that whining trolls with nostalgia cateracts wailing 'on noes! pokemonz iz now ruuuiiind!! O__O' will be the first people I shall sic my awesomeful Gochi on. Listen to that psycho cry...don't mess with her >D

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 7:09 PM
It's just you. I can see some obvious similarities between the two fire monkey Pokemon but Baoppu isn't 100% like Chimchar. Even if they were exactly the same in terms of design, I'd still see no real problem with it. There are already so many new Isshu Pokemon that look like previous old Pokemon, nothing surprises me or irritates me anymore :S

actually this is one generation that hasnt evolved previous gen pokemon.
i think they shold stop the fire/figting next time.

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 7:12 PM

Yes, I know that no older Pokemon receive evolutions in Generation 5. I never said any old Pokemon did or anything of the sort haha. I just said that many Pokemon, namely Baffuron, Mamanbou, and Emonga, look like previous Pokemon. That's also the case with Baoppu who looks a bit like Chimchar, though I don't think I'd go as far as the original poster and say that both apes are completely the same :)

Slowemperor
23rd September 2010, 7:15 PM
No, darling. It's a duck...with a leek! Shock desu! A recipe of simplicity made delicious with the addition of a single vegetable!! :) :) :) No takers? No?! *crickets chirping in background* Well, I tried :D

The problem is that the first gen looked original because it was just that...the first gen. I think when people, or at least myself, complain about any whiff of unoriginality in the 5th gen, we aren't doing it because we think the first gen was perfect. If anything, our argument is...yes the first gen was slightly unoriginal, and surely after fifteen years, we'd expect a bit better by now? I'm not griping about the new pokes, really, I'm not. Well, not all of them. (Ice cream cone and trash bag, I'm trying so hard not to look at you.) I'm just defending this viewpoint.

And I'll be the first to add that whining trolls with nostalgia cateracts wailing 'on noes! pokemonz iz now ruuuiiind!! O__O' will be the first people I shall sic my awesomeful Gochi on. Listen to that psycho cry...don't mess with her >D

Sorry if I didn't got the duck reference... I just read the On the Origin of Species about it now and I didn't knew about it as I've almost no contact with the japanese culture. I understand what you say on: after 15 years it should be better, but remember, 15 years later you're the easy-acceptance kid/whatever you were at the time. Also I didn't said it was bad to accuse 5th Gen of unoriginality, I just said it was bad doing that while having Gen I as reference.

So I agree with what you say, even though people using Gen I as the ideal Gen makes me mad, and about the trash bag. I also hated the Ice-Cream (grown to hate him less when I understood it's icicles with snow) but I like the trash bag.

Anyway, people should try to see every Generation on his own and not compare to the others, only that way we'll be able to keep a (more) constant evaluation of things.

Varnani
23rd September 2010, 7:18 PM
On a personal basis, my favorite Gen is I, but all Gens have not so mindblowing pok&#233;mon. I don't like stuff like magnemite, bronzor, beldum and now ice cream and trashbag, because lol wtf happened there! XD But then again, there are many quite cool pok&#233;mon in each generation to make up for that.

The season changing deer is what i would say makes up for trashbag.

razz

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 7:23 PM

i for one see it as the first gen was great.then nintendo needed to step it up so they thought hard and created new original pokemon for gold and silver. then came ruby and sapphire and they introduced a new way of battling and pokemon,they also created competitive battling.4 gen and nintendo has now resorted to using previous pokes and evolving them. this worked effectivly for me, but some werent thought about or needed that much. now the 5th gen has brought us food (ice cream) and household products (garbage sacks). now i know the 1st gen wasnt all that original and most were copied of animals, but we didnt get food or garbage sacks(i know grimer was like sludge but at least it wasnt copied from an everday object). I grant that gen 5 has some very good pokemon and was happy to see that nintendo have kept their standards high, but now nintendo are running out of ideas. they have put a weapon(cybercannon) on a pokemon. this makes it slightly like digimon. i know nintendo have done well to keep pokemon going as good as it is, but next time i hope they try to use their imagination and think of something other than food,animals or human items

natie
23rd September 2010, 7:26 PM
i think they shold stop the fire/figting next time.Yeah, that really doesn't change anything about what he said. He was merely stating that certain Pokémon in this gen look a lot like those of previous gens, but he didn't imply that they were evolutions. (Hey, you should really pay attention to their postcount to determine if they've got enough knowledge about the subject, no? :rolleyes:)

charizard master 100
23rd September 2010, 7:29 PM
i know. the afro bull does look like tauros

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 7:50 PM
anyone caught an emonga. they are supposedly rather good

And really rare. I didn't find an Emonga until I got to the 5th Gym city I believe. I was wondering around and I found one in a patch of shaking grass. They are a real bother when you have to fight them. At the Raimon City Gym, they can be a major issue due to the fact that there are tons of them being used there. I just hate them in battle but I love them in my collection. I can't decide whether Emonga is a good Pokemon or not.

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 8:20 PM
It'd be fine and dandy to be like "gen 5 is bad for just introducing household products", but you need to do better than "ice cream cone" (which again, isn't, it just looks like one; I don't call Luvdisc a heart because it looks like one) and "trash bag".

Out of 156 Pokemon, only 5 of them are household objects (if you want to pretend that it actually is an ice cream cone). Go back and look at all the rest of them and stop leaning on that as an excuse for what is wrong with gen 5.

I could just as easily complain that gen 1 is all dinosaurs with that logic.

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 8:36 PM
What is it with the paths of shaking grass? They just shake randomly and rare pokemon appear?

natie
23rd September 2010, 8:40 PM
Gen 1 is basically just animals and humans with a few extra touches added to them.

Sometimes, even the extra touches are non-existant.

Gen 5's designs are awesome.

bippacooleth
23rd September 2010, 8:40 PM
anyone caught an emonga. they are supposedly rather good

Just want to butt in here, but can you please stop double and triple posting? Condense everything you want to say into one post - over the last few pages it seems like half the posts are yours. They have good content, and I'm not criticizing what you're saying, but try to stick to the one post :)

Back on topic, I actually really like the trashbag. The base stage is amazing, and the second if ugly-as, but amusing. I just really, really hate the ice cream. Its like a weezing, but an ice cream. However I like every other pokemon in this gen (literally, which is a first) except the legendaries, which were a massive let down minus the dragon trio, but I normally ignore them anyway, except for pokedex purposes :)

The first gen of pokemon was the first game I ever owned, and I've never really thought of the original 151 as anything but amazing, but if I come to think of it, if any of these were introduced this gen, there would be so much hate going down. Imagine if Magnemite's line, Koffing's line, Voltorb's line, Diglett's line and Grimer's line were all introduced in the same gen. I'm fairly sure a Nintendo would collapse under the amount of hate mail they would receive ^^ we love all of these ones now, because we've never thought any different, having grown up with them, but really, all of those lines are the same pokemon, tripled, enlarged or flipped upside down and given crazy eyes o_0 :P

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 8:41 PM
What is it with the paths of shaking grass? They just shake randomly and rare pokemon appear?

Pretty much haha. Often though, I find that the most common Pokemon to appear in the patches of shaking grass are Tabunne. Serebii stated that Tabunne were rare, even in these types of grass but I've found more that 10 so far, in just a few days of playing White. The Pokemon found in the patches of grass usually range from uncommon to rare though of course, the rare Pokemon appear infrequently as would be assumed. Emonga seems to be one of these rare Pokemon as I've only found one :p

CurseShooter
23rd September 2010, 8:44 PM
Pretty much haha. Often though, I find that the most common Pokemon to appear in the patches of shaking grass are Tabunne. Serebii stated that Tabunne were rare, even in these types of grass but I've found more that 10 so far, in just a few days of playing White. The Pokemon found in the patches of grass usually range from uncommon to rare though of course, the rare Pokemon appear infrequently as would be assumed. Emonga seems to be one of these rare Pokemon as I've only found one :p

Most of the time I use Max Repel, but when the grass shakes I get in it & the Pokemon that appears is in a higher level than other wild Pokemon.

Rakurai
23rd September 2010, 9:06 PM
I must say that a lot of the Pokemon I found to be rather unappealing became a whole lot more likable once I played the game and saw them in motion.

I can't wait to see how all of my old favorites look in battle.

cannillo123
23rd September 2010, 9:12 PM
I love kyuremu and a lot of other pokemon black and white pokes.

I love nearly all the ones i hated from the start execpt the newest ones that came right before pokemon black and white came out.

Slowemperor
23rd September 2010, 9:13 PM
I must admit, the first time I saw Gen V, I though "They ruined it. Well, let's left it by HG". I even hated half my "future" team, which I now love. But has time passed, more pokemon came by and I started getting used to them, I grew to like them, a lot. I'm even starting to somewhat tolerate the Ice-Cream/Snow-Icicle and the Gangster-Lizzard. Time softens things...

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 9:38 PM
The sprites all look better when animated, where's that link to those animations on 4ch with them?

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 9:44 PM
Honestly I'm thinking of using Ice-cream just because so many people are talking trash about it. I'm not referring to the above posts I'm just saying in general it's getting a lot of undeserved hate.

Auraninja
23rd September 2010, 9:50 PM
Honestly I'm thinking of using Ice-cream just because so many people are talking trash about it. I'm not referring to the above posts I'm just saying in general it's getting a lot of undeserved hate.
Well, it's hate is undeserved. It not one of my immediate favorite Ice types, but it has redeeming values. Besides, it looks delicious. :p

Copley Hill Gym
23rd September 2010, 9:51 PM
great stats,what nature is he and did you catch him wild or trained

Don't know sadly, my japanese isn't great. And more to the point - I wrote down the numbers wrong, sorry :(

It's actually 178 attack.

Blistering!

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 10:00 PM

It's based off of an ice cream cone, what did you expect? In all seriouness, I don't hate the ice cream Pokemon line, I just don't want them in my team. I don't know their stats but at the point where I am at currently (6th Gym city), I don't want to go around training that Pokemon just to get it to evolve. I know if would prove useful due to it being an Ice-type, but I don't want to train one at all. I'm not the kind of person who trains so I figure that getting to know the species via training would be a waste of time :)

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 10:49 PM
I train things to evolve to fill the Pokedex, at least once, each gen (Blue, Gold, LeafGreen and Diamond, although I am working on HeartGold while waiting for Black to come out here), but my team generally is one thing and stays that way for the whole game.

Also, this is what the ice cream guy is supposed to be:
http://i56.*******.com/2yvnfap.jpg

Not that I expect that to make anyone like it anymore. It's just a visual representation of what it actually is. An icicle with a ball of snow on top. I get bored easily. Can you tell?

In fact, that one (of the 3) is the worst, IMO. It was just the easiest to make without it just being a snowball (first form).

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
23rd September 2010, 11:30 PM

- 2nd & 5th
- 4th & 1st
- 3rd

well i apologize for that and as you see that his account was banned quite awhile ago yet he only possessed one email when i told him he can make more with msn but he hated msn and i failed to see why he like to meddle with mine, though there a chance he could have made my account banned then.

but honestly i have no criticism against all generation 1-4 although the first generation was slightly bland but they are enjoyable.

Now I'm a little conflicted to choose between Zekrom and Reshiram but don't get me wrong i really love Zekrom because i always wanted a electric dragon but in other hand the same applied to Reshiram.... what you guys think which one of them are better?

trashbagtheman
23rd September 2010, 11:41 PM
I am new in the world of this forum, I don't have the game but have been reading the threads religiously and although it may not really relate to any previous posts, I think that I bring up a valid point in saying that I think this batch of new pokemon are just like the Isshu region itself... a new beginning.
For example, if you start at Gen I, they are the basics. Gen II added more pokemon variation to make the game more interesting. Gen III revolutionised competitive battling and then Gen IV rounded off the group by evolving pokemon to make a sort of complete genus of pokemon.
Now that it comes to Gen V, think of it as starting over. If you think about it, no old pokemon before E4, no recurring characters really, and a completely new land mass completely unrelated to the previous regions... it fits to be a brand new line of pokemon.

So I think people should just forget about previous generations and think of this one like we did Gen I, as a brand new start.

Start hurling abuse now.

R_N
23rd September 2010, 11:57 PM
Screw all y'all ice cream guy is awesome.
And adorable.
And if you read their dex entries horrifying

Also the trashbag Pokemon is kind of gross in motion. The things that look like hands is sludge and sloshes as it moves left & right.
blasa;srjds;a

Luxrayess
24th September 2010, 12:01 AM
Also the trashbag Pokemon is kind of gross in motion. The things that look like hands is sludge and sloshes as it moves left & right.

Thanks, buddy. :\ I'm even more disgusted by this guy now. (Has anyone else read the translated Dex entries for it yet? >.< Ewww...)

R_N
24th September 2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks, buddy. :\ I'm even more disgusted by this guy now. (Has anyone else read the translated Dex entries for it yet? >.< Ewww...)
Yeah, his evo in particular is pretty gross.

I find it interesting that he really is a garbage bag given life, though.

LexSuicune
24th September 2010, 12:13 AM
What's the dex entry say? lol

R_N
24th September 2010, 12:16 AM
What's the dex entry say? lol

Yabukuron: When a garbage bag was exposed to industrial waste, a chemical change occurred and it became a Pokemon.
It prefers unsanitary places. It spews gas as if it was belching; if you inhale it you’ll be laid up in bed for a week.

Dasutodasu: It inhales garbage and makes it part of its body. It sprays venom from the fingertips of its right hand.
It squeezes the opponent with its left hand, and finishes it off by spewing smelly, poisonous gas from its mouth.

Luxrayess
24th September 2010, 12:20 AM
Yabukuron: When a garbage bag was exposed to industrial waste, a chemical change occurred and it became a Pokemon.
It prefers unsanitary places. It spews gas as if it was belching; if you inhale it you’ll be laid up in bed for a week.

Dasutodasu: It inhales garbage and makes it part of its body. It sprays venom from the fingertips of its right hand.
It squeezes the opponent with its left hand, and finishes it off by spewing smelly, poisonous gas from its mouth.

Couple that up with the fact that I HATE the smell of garbage cans and the slosh-y, slosh-y sprite(s?), and you see why these Pokes make me nauseous. *vomits*

R_N
24th September 2010, 12:22 AM
Oh geez I don't even want to imagine what Dasutodasu looks like in motion

nikohesus
24th September 2010, 12:34 AM
Guys.

I found the animated sprite parts to ALL the Pokemon, shiny and all. They're aren't mine, though I found them. Currently uploading to mediafire...

Glitter!
24th September 2010, 12:37 AM
Guys.

I found the animated sprite parts to ALL the Pokemon, shiny and all. They're aren't mine, though I found them. Currently uploading to mediafire...

That's great :>
Most people thought that it'd take a lot of time to rip the animations, if we EVER got them.

Will you post them here?

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 12:38 AM
Yesh, post them, please!

LOLPAGE34

nikohesus
24th September 2010, 12:38 AM
Oh my God, that's great.
Most people thought that it'd take a lot of time to rip the animations, if we EVER got them.

Will you post them here?

http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=7715

EVERY SINGLE SPRITE.

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 12:42 AM
Nuuu I need animations. not base sprites :<

Poke`Toasted
24th September 2010, 12:42 AM
Couple that up with the fact that I HATE the smell of garbage cans and the slosh-y, slosh-y sprite(s?), and you see why these Pokes make me nauseous. *vomits*

Oh geez I don't even want to imagine what Dasutodasu looks like in motion

You know Grimar and Muk may have taken some time to grow on us, I myself thought they were kinda cool as they looked like this toy goo I played with as a kid called Gak.... man, that stuff got everywhere.... but this, http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/569.png
No. If you didn't like it from the start I don't see many at all having this pokemon growing on them.

Glitter!
24th September 2010, 12:43 AM
http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=7715

every single sprite.

Sweet, Meloia does have an overworld. That means it will have a side-quest in the game, and not be Cherish Ball only :>

OK, now we've got all the parts... who will animate them? LOL

nikohesus
24th September 2010, 12:44 AM
Nuuu I need animations. not base sprites :<

There is an easy program called skeletal 2d animator, easy program to animate these guys. Saw some examples and they were GREAT.

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 12:46 AM
Oh, wow I fail, I missed the peices lol.
I don't like part, do-by-hand animations, I'll never get them to look like the games :<
But they are usefull none the less.

Sabonea_Masukippa
24th September 2010, 12:49 AM
they have put a weapon(cybercannon) on a pokemon. this makes it slightly like digimon.

Yeah, because adding random cannons onto Pokemon always makes them look like Digimon.

http://images.ownedbymario.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SRg3GAoKCq4AAFhaQCw1/009-blastoise.jpg?et=KrLTgbaVsojR7Hz&#37;2CEIQSLw&nmid=0

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Glitter!
24th September 2010, 12:54 AM
I just noticed that there aren't any minor gender differences in the new Pok&#233;mon.
I mean, there are some alternate formes for males and females, like the JellyKing\Queen and Kenhorou, but there aren't those fangs, horns, colour and pattern differences D:

Like, I could see male Hiyakki getting shorter hair, or female Hihidaruma having smaller eyebrows, this kind of small differences :/

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 12:56 AM
Hm, it seems like they kinda dropped it off since Gen IV (thats four right?) :/

Glitter!
24th September 2010, 12:59 AM
Hm, it seems like they kinda dropped it off since Gen IV (thats four right?) :/

Maybe they thought it would be some cool feature, and a big deal, but now realized that nobody really gives a damn. Well, I do :<

Varnani
24th September 2010, 1:00 AM
No. If you didn't like it from the start I don't see many at all having this pokemon growing on them.
The only that can grow on it is mold *gets nausea just from the sprite*
i played with gak too, but come one, it's made of trash XD very few people in the world like trash that much XD

razz

+Kira+
24th September 2010, 1:01 AM
Does anyone know when the Sugimori art will be out/

Sabonea_Masukippa
24th September 2010, 1:12 AM
Does anyone know when the Sugimori art will be out/

It'll probably come in the next month or two with official site updates, guidebooks, and corocoro.

Remember though that GF want(ed) to keep many of the new Pokemon a surprise for players so they may be a little slower in revealing them all this time around. For example, the anime hasn't shown a single 'mon that wasn't revealed in pre-release yet (2 episodes in) and with ~50 to get through could probably make it until the end of the year at least without having to show off a completely "new" one.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
24th September 2010, 1:19 AM
i guess i can say that the garbage pokemon is more like a digimon because there were trash creature as well lol. but it seem pretty disgusting if i use it i might throw up from him xD. also for the snowflake pokemon... I can't tell if it alive or something O.o

but is it pointless to hide the art now? because a lot of people already saw them in the pokemon page before they were removed and the ROM is already out for download (japanese version of course). i would said that no point in hiding if they are out of the bag?

BCVM22
24th September 2010, 1:23 AM
i guess i can say that the garbage pokemon is more like a digimon because there were trash creature as well lol

Which means nothing except that both franchises decided to design critters around a common base. Look through both franchises and you'll find countless matches of that nature. It does not mean that the Pokémon are like Digimon or vice versa.

Poke`Toasted
24th September 2010, 1:24 AM
Yeah, because adding random cannons onto Pokemon always makes them look like Digimon.

http://images.ownedbymario.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SRg3GAoKCq4AAFhaQCw1/009-blastoise.jpg?et=KrLTgbaVsojR7Hz%2CEIQSLw&nmid=0

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

It does if you redraw it like this

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/256/3/d/Blastoise_by_commanderlewis.jpg

couldn't help myself either:D

I just noticed that there aren't any minor gender differences in the new Pokémon.
I mean, there are some alternate formes for males and females, like the JellyKing\Queen and Kenhorou, but there aren't those fangs, horns, colour and pattern differences D:

Like, I could see male Hiyakki getting shorter hair, or female Hihidaruma having smaller eyebrows, this kind of small differences :/

I think one day when Mamepato http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/519.png grows up and reaches that Kenhorou age http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/521.png he's going to look back and think to himself, "I'M A WOMAN! WTF HAS DARWIN DONE TO ME"?

The only that can grow on it is mold *gets nausea just from the sprite*
i played with gak too, but come one, it's made of trash XD very few people in the world like trash that much XD

razz

That's why I just can't get past Muk.

It looks like if you tried to hug Dasutodasu you'd be stabbed with a broken crack needle. The good news is that should you be in need of immediate medical treatment your already covered as Dasutodasu looks to be about 70% penicillin.

Lorde
24th September 2010, 1:25 AM
I just noticed that there aren't any minor gender differences in the new Pokémon.

Too be quite honest, I'm glad that they've done away with most of the gender differences stuff. I've never found that feature to be all that useful or fun anyway so the lack of that feature in Black and White's Pokemon is fine by me. It would have been a total waste of sprites and data anyway. I do love the jellyfish Pokemon though; how one looks like a queen and the other looks like a king. It's kind of funny. Reminds me of SpongeBob :)

TheAncient
24th September 2010, 1:28 AM
Gender differences work better on pokemon based off real animals. Like, some just don't make sense ( c'mon wobuffet, what was THAT?!?!)

Missingno.Fan
24th September 2010, 1:35 AM
Yeah I'm kind of bummed out by the lack of gender differences. I was expecting to see the female polar bear to have a smaller beard or something.

arceus7
24th September 2010, 1:47 AM
it seems mamepato has a bit of a african raptor in it.

Lorde
24th September 2010, 1:51 AM
it seems mamepato has a bit of a african raptor in it.

What? How so exactly? Mamepato is based off of a common pigeon and not a raptor bird from what I've seen and heard so far. I could be wrong but I thought it's evolved forms were based off of pheasants or a bird related to a pheasant.

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 1:53 AM
Probably when we gen an officcial gude, and/or when the main site updates, which will be over a few months IIRC.

nikohesus
24th September 2010, 2:03 AM
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/index.html

Contains animated frames of some Pokemon...

I might rip some soon.

Kokoromori
24th September 2010, 2:26 AM
I find the garbage Pokemon has a cute face but...the idea of jumping to hug a pile of stinky garbage really...honestly scares me.

GTS_shiny_searcher
24th September 2010, 3:05 AM
Has anyone noticed that in Keckleons new sprite his zig-zag pattern is purple instead of red.

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 3:06 AM
Actually the evolution makes sense, The bag split (forming the beard) from too much garbage being consumed.

LexSuicune
24th September 2010, 3:23 AM
I find the garbage Pokemon has a cute face but...the idea of jumping to hug a pile of stinky garbage really...honestly scares me.

Well it's dangerous too, what if you stab yourself with a dirty needle lol.

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 3:30 AM
nah, in the Pokemon world, any infection can be cured! A dirty needle poked you and now you have LockJaw? No Fear! A parlyz heal will fix you right up!

hever
24th September 2010, 3:37 AM
nah, in the Pokemon world, any infection can be cured! A dirty needle poked you and now you have LockJaw? No Fear! A parlyz heal will fix you right up!

Revive will do the trick, also, when you forget your Paralyz Heal.

PokemonTrainerKaden
24th September 2010, 3:44 AM

im not saying i dont like it that is the one that i will be getting it was just that when i first saw it my first thought was "i thought Chimchar was a generation 4 pokemon" then i realized it was a different pokemon.

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 3:49 AM
Revive will do the trick, also, when you forget your Paralyz Heal.

Or if your hold item is Lava Cookie, or Lum Berry, you never have to fear again!

Kokoromori
24th September 2010, 4:04 AM
I don't see why I would be holding any of those items or why people would even be doing drugs.
The Pokemon world is it's own hallucination. xD

I think I'd be more afraid of landing in a dirty diaper as I hug it.

Either way, if I decide to do another Poison team, he'll probably be in it.

??????
24th September 2010, 4:13 AM
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/...ite/index.html

Contains animated frames of some Pokemon...
*Looks at female trainer*

Dat ***...

LimeStar
24th September 2010, 6:34 AM
next time i hope they try to use their imagination and think of something other than food,animals or human items

That's 1/2 of the categories of things to base Pokemon off.

-Animals
-Man-Made Things
-Naturally Occurring Things
-Plants

Almost anything in the entire universe fits into these categories.
So how do you propose GameFreak "use their imagination next time".
And yes, supernatural creatures fall under plants and animals.

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 6:53 AM
That's 1/2 of the categories of things to base Pokemon off.

-Animals
-Man-Made Things
-Naturally Occurring Things
-Plants

Almost anything in the entire universe fits into these categories.
So how do you propose GameFreak "use their imagination next time".
And yes, supernatural creatures fall under plants and animals.

you forgot, there needs to be a 5th category for Sporks, we all know they are not made by man, nor are they naturally occuring, and they are neither plants or animals.

IMHO most of the Non-Isshu pokemon got lazy animations, I mean I know there was 600+ pokemon, but really, some are poor, most are as follow-Loop 3 times an idle, then perform a little action (like Chillarmy's wave) some pokemon you can hardly tell when they do their action, like Luxio for example.

R_N
24th September 2010, 6:56 AM
Well, yeah, it's an idle animation. They're aren't all going to do WAAAACKY intensive animations, if only because they're body types don't allow it that much.

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 7:32 AM
You know Grimar and Muk may have taken some time to grow on us, I myself thought they were kinda cool as they looked like this toy goo I played with as a kid called Gak.... man, that stuff got everywhere.... but this, http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/569.png

Personally, I liked both of them the instant I saw them. And garbage disgusts me. To ridiculous lengths. But I find this Pokemon hilarious.

Also, I imagine anyone who likes EarthBound/Mother can probably appreciate it, at best, given the similarities with Blech (sp?).

I am actually glad that the gender differences were actual alternate forms. I don't really like half of the female sprites because they are just ugly versions of normal sprites. I just can't look at some of them.

I actually reset when I first encountered Sneasel in Diamond because I saw the female sprite and I was horrified at how terrible it was. I also saved before I went to find Wobbuffet. I couldn't allow my Pokedex to be tainted with that image as the default sprite.

It's bad enough that the games all force you to encounter a freaking female Pikachu first every time. DENTED TAIL, HOW YOU CURSE ME.

Though I am very sad that Gen 5 had like, 3 gender differences or whatever.

Well, yeah, it's an idle animation. They're aren't all going to do WAAAACKY intensive animations, if only because they're body types don't allow it that much.

This.

But I do have a problem with actually lazy sprites. Like Ludicolo. His is about 2 frames, which just tilt and hop. I thought it was from Emerald.

R_N
24th September 2010, 7:42 AM
Video of ludicolo in motion anywhere?

Also, conceptually & design wise I like the two garbage pokemon.
They make me want to vomit, but they aren't bad.

koolhk
24th September 2010, 7:47 AM
Sorry i'm not that good with stats but overall who is more stronger, Burunkeru or Mebukijika?

murkrowrob
24th September 2010, 7:56 AM
I really like the garbage pokemon. One of my favourites this gen :D

I wanna see desukan, ludicolo and pretty much any legendary animated.

Hexametaphosphate
24th September 2010, 7:59 AM
Mebukijika has better offense but Burunkeru has better defense

R_N
24th September 2010, 8:15 AM
Sorry i'm not that good with stats but overall who is more stronger, Burunkeru or Mebukijika?

You can't really compare them like that, because they focus on different things. Burunkeru is has higher HP and Special Defense, with respectable Special Attack. Mebukijika is a quick physical attacker with okay defenses.
Then there's typing and movepools...it depends on what you want.

Also, have some animations of various Pokemon:
Teddiursa, Espeon (+backsprite), Genesect, Hitomoshi (the candle, +backsprite), Shanderra (+backsprite), Baibanera, Viktini. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7kGUcwovuw) Also Togetic backsprite, & Janovii backsprite.

Bulbasuar, Ninetales (ever get the feeling Gamefreak sometimes regrets giving it all those long and large tails, also backsprite), Sunflora (+backsprite), Lugia (he's huge geez, backsprite), Mawile (the way the "teeth" kind of just hangs in the breeze is creepy, backsprite) , Electrike (+backsprite), Metagross (+backsprite), Glaceon(+backsprite) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCHYP0inzQo)

Kabutops, Mewtwo, Mew, Cyndaquil, Piplup, Empoleon, Uxie, Charizard, Blastoise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq_-DWqBnPs)

CurseShooter
24th September 2010, 8:23 AM
I would like to see a Darkrai animation... I wonder

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 8:40 AM
Cool, but small to see, and I still wanna see how Flygon's been handled this time.

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 9:39 AM
Tried doing this animation myself, though I don't know what loops or how many times, so I just guessed:
http://i54.*******.com/15d8dn7.gif

And while I didn't make these ones, I have most of the ones just asked for, lol.

Video of ludicolo in motion anywhere?

http://i54.*******.com/2uh4m0g.gif

I wanna see desukan, ludicolo and pretty much any legendary animated.

http://i52.*******.com/jfjjp5.gifhttp://i53.*******.com/2nuq3yf.gifhttp://i51.*******.com/2nap3ef.gifhttp://i56.*******.com/anna88.gif

I would like to see a Darkrai animation... I wonder

http://i56.*******.com/s4045i.gif

DELIVERED. But I don't have a GIF of Desukan. D: Or most Legendaries.

rocky505
24th September 2010, 9:42 AM
Why is articuno doing the ymca?

yeminied
24th September 2010, 9:54 AM
Why is articuno doing the ymca?

Perhaps he has something to confess to his friends Zapdos and Moltres.

I was quite disappointed when I saw the sprites for the non-BW Pokémon sprites. A lot of them are the ones used in DP which, in most cases, were horrible.

O Fortuna
24th September 2010, 11:12 AM
Sprites for a lot of the older Pokemon are nothing new, but I am enjoying a lot of the Hoenn sprites. This is the first time I have actually liked the look of Linoone. Now, if they can only find some way for me to enjoy Venusaur... ^_^

Perhaps he has something to confess to his friends Zapdos and Moltres.

Wow. You are hilarious. Stop.

Hejiru
24th September 2010, 12:08 PM
Has anyone translated the Pokemon classifications yet? I'd love to know. (You know, like Victini is the "Victory Pokemon")

Thanks.

Melon
24th September 2010, 12:48 PM
I am not sure if this is of any interest but here are some arts from Sugimori.
I read the rules before posting this and nothing is mentioned about arts taken from Magazine.
Feel free to delete if this should not be here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at20282.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at2028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at20272.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at2027.jpg

Sorry, no scanner...

mickey
24th September 2010, 1:03 PM
I am not sure if this is of any interest but here are some arts from Sugimori.
I read the rules before posting this and nothing is mentioned about arts taken from Magazine.
Feel free to delete if this should not be here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at2028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at20272.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/fabien/Photoon2010-09-24at2027.jpg

Sorry, no scanner...

Wow!!! What's the name of the magazine? *_*

Melon
24th September 2010, 1:07 PM
Famitsu for this week.

mickey
24th September 2010, 1:08 PM
that's awesome! :D I hope we'll discover all new artworks soon! :D

halloweenghost
24th September 2010, 1:40 PM
Darkrai's sprite animation is epic

The0d0re
24th September 2010, 3:33 PM
I hate Emonga so much... JUST STOP USING DOUBLE TEAM!!

Linkdarkside
24th September 2010, 3:48 PM

Like, I could see male Hiyakki getting shorter hair, or female Hihidaruma having smaller eyebrows, this kind of small differences :/i prefer big difference than tiny ones.

.:Alex:.
24th September 2010, 4:09 PM
Loving all the Electric love this time around.

In fact, as much as I don't care a lot for the designs, I must say, they've really tried to balance things out this time around. The new Pokemon are actually appealing as a result simply because of this.

FireEmblemAddict
24th September 2010, 4:10 PM
Im actually all for smaller gender differences.
I guess I like the idea of one design concept per Pokemon, making each Pokemon somewhat iconic.

Did that make sense?

CurseShooter
24th September 2010, 4:13 PM
I don't really care much about gender differences I always catch my Pokemon if they are males (except for those that are only female) ;)

FireEmblemAddict
24th September 2010, 4:15 PM
I try to split a team, half male and half female.
I guess I like equality or something hahah

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 4:15 PM
It'd be fine and dandy to be like "gen 5 is bad for just introducing household products"

i am not saying it is bad, i am just saying that anyone can look at a garbage sack and turn it into a pokemon

FireEmblemAddict
24th September 2010, 4:16 PM
It'd be fine and dandy to be like "gen 5 is bad for just introducing household products"

i am not saying it is bad, i am just saying that anyone can look at a garbage sack and turn it into a pokemon

But anyone could look at an animal and turn it into a Pokemon too
Hence fan-made Pokemon

Steelia
24th September 2010, 4:17 PM
Those moving sprites... So much love. *_*

I can most definitely live without hurt/attacking animations with those around now. We've been so spoiled by them... A LOT of Pokemon I was never really fond of before, I honestly feel like raising now, just because of how they move. A much needed addition, that was. C:

.:Alex:.
24th September 2010, 4:18 PM

In fact, as much as I don't care a lot for the designs, I must say, they've really tried to balance things out this time around. The new Pokemon are actually appealing as a result simply because of this.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 4:35 PM
omg the garbage bag entry in the pokedex is sick

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 4:48 PM

i guess you will be getting zekrom if u have black

Hejiru
24th September 2010, 4:51 PM
i guess you will be getting zekrom if u have black

Zekrom is in White.
Reshiram is in Black.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 4:53 PM
soz my mistake

Capsule
24th September 2010, 5:12 PM
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet - the similarity to Godzilla franchise monsters.

Abagoora - Gamera. Giant, bipedal turtle.
Ononokusu - Godzilla. Large, green, dinosaur-esque.
Sazando - King Ghidorah. A three-headed dragon/hydra, which can fly (it seems). I think Ghidorah had some limited flying capacity.
Hihidaruma - King Kong. It looks like a gorilla. Nuff said.
Urugamosu - Mothra. A moth capable of shooting energy (fire) with a single larval stage.
Genosekuto - Megalon. It's a giant insect with mechanical parts.
Even Nattoorei - Biollante. It has the elements of the giant plant monster, such as the appendages similar to the main head. A long shot, though.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 5:15 PM
thats what people mean by basing ideas of other things

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 5:38 PM
does anyone here use a desukan. can you tell me if it is a good pokemon to use in a team

Slowemperor
24th September 2010, 5:42 PM
I found the garbage pokemon a rather likable pokemon. I actually liked him since the beggining, unlike the Icicle and Gangsta, and the first thought I had was "What a creative nice idea!"

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 5:47 PM
I found the garbage pokemon a rather likable pokemon. I actually liked him since the beggining, unlike the Icicle and Gangsta, and the first thought I had was "What a creative nice idea!"

nice sarcasm

ChillarmyArmy
24th September 2010, 6:10 PM

To tell the Truth I quite like its design. The 1st Form's a bit meh but it's Second Stage is quite cool.

Anyway, if you people think this is all Unoriginal, then let's see you make a Pokedex of 156 Pokemon that aren't based on Already used Animals in Pokemon or Real Life Objects.

It's just about impossible. I certainly can't do it. You'd have to use something already used before. It doesn't make it Unoriginal Though.

R_N
24th September 2010, 6:11 PM
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet - the similarity to Godzilla franchise monsters.

Abagoora - Gamera. Giant, bipedal turtle.
Ononokusu - Godzilla. Large, green, dinosaur-esque.
Sazando - King Ghidorah. A three-headed dragon/hydra, which can fly (it seems). I think Ghidorah had some limited flying capacity.
Hihidaruma - King Kong. It looks like a gorilla. Nuff said.
Urugamosu - Mothra. A moth capable of shooting energy (fire) with a single larval stage.
Genosekuto - Megalon. It's a giant insect with mechanical parts.
Even Nattoorei - Biollante. It has the elements of the giant plant monster, such as the appendages similar to the main head. A long shot, though.

Honestly beyond "Giant <x>"... none of those really seem alike and are a huge stretch. Hihidaruma & Nattoorreeii (whose appendages appear to be more hooking to the walls/ceilings) especially look nothing like King Kong or Biollante. Tyranitar looks more like Godzilla then Ononokusu, who doesn't really resemble Godzilla at all beyond being a bipedal dinosaur-esque stander.
Ghidorah actually has great flying capabilities, though.

I think Urugamosu has the greatest connection, if only for the whole ancient ruins and such, but even then it's probably a coincidence and they're both based on Imago moths.

CyndaquilRules
24th September 2010, 6:12 PM
To tell the Truth I quite like its design. The 1st Form's a bit meh but it's Second Stage is quite cool.

Anyway, if you people think this is all Unoriginal, then let's see you make a Pokedex of 156 Pokemon that aren't based on Already used Animals in Pokemon or Real Life Objects.

It's just about impossible. I certainly can't do it. You'd have to use something already used before. It doesn't make it Unoriginal Though.

I think a lot of these Pokemon are original, some are just ugly. Most of them have grown on me by now though. The garbage bag is funny, in my opinion.

I just think it's rather unoriginal to make another bull that looks nearly identical to Tauros..

CurseShooter
24th September 2010, 6:12 PM

100% true I mean sure some may be based on the same animal but how many types of dogs are there? A lot so I guess it's ok for there to be numerous Dog like Pokemon, etc..

Also could I get some help here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467725

R_N
24th September 2010, 6:19 PM
Buffalon is based on a buffalo, not a bull like Tauros.
Blame real buffalo looking like real bulls.

Also: re Godzilla monster comparisons:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/snowyarticuno/platformer&#37;20pics/5th%20Gen%20Normal/649.png
doesn't even look remotely like
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/snowyarticuno/platformer%20pics/megalon.jpg

Now if Genesect was a roach beetle thing with drill arms...

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 6:21 PM
i think boappu looks like an orangotang(with the flaming hair)

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 6:34 PM

But that's the problem with your logic. You can use that argument for almost every single Pokemon. Literally. I can honestly only think of a handful of old pokemon where I would never have thought "I could see this being a Pokemon".

And again, generation 1 is full of generic things.

thats what people mean by basing ideas of other things

What do you think Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are based on?

Sprites for a lot of the older Pokemon are nothing new, but I am enjoying a lot of the Hoenn sprites. This is the first time I have actually liked the look of Linoone. Now, if they can only find some way for me to enjoy Venusaur... ^_^

I totally agree on Linoone. I hated Linoone. But i love the new sprite.

HOWEVER, boo at disliking Venusaur. D:

Pffffffft. The polar bear baby jumped up on my cute list.

R_N
24th September 2010, 6:37 PM
Chillachino's art went a long way to making me like it more, even if I still have no idea why its tail became this extravagant scarf.

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 6:43 PM
Chillachino's art went a long way to making me like it more, even if I still have no idea why its tail became this extravagant scarf.

Agreed. I didn't like it for being "lol, slightly different Chillarmy", but the art changed that a little.

I imagine the more art we see, the more we're going to accept a lot of the designs that we may not have already liked.

Tabunne is the only Pokemon that hasn't won me over in even the slightest. lol.

i think boappu looks like an orangotang(with the flaming hair)

Not quite.

http://www.epochtimes.se/pics/2007/08/26/xl/2007-08-26-xl--orangutang.jpg

Slowemperor
24th September 2010, 6:44 PM
nice sarcasm

I was being serious.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 6:44 PM
i liked chillarmy slightly more than chillachiino because chillarmy looks like a chinchilla

Slowemperor
24th September 2010, 6:45 PM

I like him too, I was misunderstood for sarcasm.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 6:46 PM
Not quite.

http://www.epochtimes.se/pics/2007/08/26/xl/2007-08-26-xl--orangutang.jpg[/QUOTE]

cool monkey pic. i meant to say without the flaming hair

Luxrayess
24th September 2010, 6:47 PM
*snip*

I totally agree on Linoone. I hated Linoone. But i love the new sprite.
*snip*

Pffffffft. The polar bear baby jumped up on my cute list.
*begin singing:*
Oh, when you're dancing with your honey
And your nose starts feeling runny
Any you think it's very funny
But it'snot!

XD (Couldn't help it)

I love Linoone's new pose too, and I have a deep-rooted hatred for them, too!
(Oh, why did my top two Pokes in Ruby just had to have the Speed-cutting natures of Brave and Quiet?? And they didn't have very speedy base stats to begin with, either! Curse you, speedy Linoone!)

R_N
24th September 2010, 6:55 PM
Tabunne is baffling to me because it's the first Pokemon where I liked the in-game sprite far far more then its art.